(58 reviews)

PurelyHR is an online human resource information (HRIS) system for small and medium-sized companies.

Work for PurelyHR?

Learning about PurelyHR?

PurelyHR Reviews

Ask PurelyHR a Question
Showing 58 PurelyHR reviews
PurelyHR review by Angela H.
Angela H.

"Makes tracking vacations easy"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to automate tasks and assign staff to work groups. The reporting function is robust and allows for lots of reporting. I also like how easy it is to move vacation dates around if necessary. Staff can make their requests and get it signed off quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

nothing the program works great for our needs!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try you'll be glad you did.

As a small team it's hard to find software to track vacations and sick time that meets our needs. The automation makes tracking everything much easier. With staff in different geographic regions the ability to add holidays by region is very useful. It allows for lots of different scenarios with regards to vacation entitlements which is great since not all staff are alike. PurelyHR meets all our needs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PurelyHR
PurelyHR review by Kim W.
Kim W.

"Time off tracking"

What do you like best?

The software is user friendly and when you have any questions, it's very easy to find manual for help or to reach out to the tech support is very easy and they are quick to respond

What do you dislike?

If I have any issues, I let the tech team know and they always create a new option or fix the issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will find this user friendly and the tech support is fantastic if /when you may have questions

They provide notices to the employees on amount of hours they have available for vacation and sick time. This has helped with employees that only receive sick time hours which is a new law in our state.

The reporting is wonderful, especially when processing the end of fiscal year information

What Core HR solution do you use?

PurelyHR review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Time Off Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Employees can easily make their own time off requests. They can see what they have used and have remaining for each category. They can see a calendar of when other employees are off (those we allow them to see).

What do you dislike?

The initial setup can be cumbersome and confusing, but Purely HR customer support was always available and patient to review the data I had input and walk me through needed changes over a couple of longer scheduled calls and a few more short on-the-spot calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great features. They have been doing time off management long enough to have lots of options that their competitors do not have. (i.e. very few others allow time off reporting down to the minute) They also have an extensive array of reporting. This was superior to the many other solutions we reviewed and demo-ed.

Purely HR has made keeping up with our time off much simpler. We were not doing a good job keeping up using paper forms and employees never knew how much time off they had used or had remaining. Now they can log on themselves and see their time off, what is remaining for each category, and even see a calendar of when other employees are off (those we allow them to see). We reviewed many solutions and Purely HR was the most economical.

PurelyHR review by Holly S.
Holly S.

"Perfect for our needs to track PTO!"

What do you like best?

I love moving away from spreadsheets and opportunity for user errors! It is all automated - just like it should be in 2018!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! We have a small company and this product has been IDEAL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a company of 15... we love this. Small group? This is such a cost saving vacation tracking tool that your employees and managers will love!

We are able to track and evaluate as a staff member exactly what our manager sees in real time. We love seeing the true balance and all employees feeling we are on the same page.

PurelyHR review by Victoria Nicole J.
Victoria Nicole J.

"What a wonderful experience"

What do you like best?

The support staff was very helpful in getting our company set up. They answered my many questions quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

We have certain regular employees that currently are able to do time clock fixes to assist the operations managers, but with PurelyHR we would have to give them manager access to be able to do this. This is not something we want to give them manager's access for because then they have access to view employee profiles.This is not a huge issue but if I HAD to name something I disliked that would be it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a great company and very easy to work with during the set up process! Would be a great move for anyone looking for a time off/ time clock solution

We were tracking PTO with spreadsheets and as we

PurelyHR review by Mary V.
Mary V.

"Requesting Time Off Made Simple "

What do you like best?

It's super simple to request time off. There's also a master calendar where you can see everyone's time off and even their birthdays.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about PurelyHR. It's super easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're still working with paper requests or documents, PurelyHR makes a smooth transition process to digital.

We used to have to submit paper requests for time off, and it was really hard to keep up with who had time off, when they had time off and how much time off they had left.

PurelyHR review by Lars C.
Lars C.

"Very solid platform and good customer service"

What do you like best?

The continued development and great customer service

What do you dislike?

A bit challenging to set up properly, especially if you have a very specific time off policy design

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform for any company wishing to manage time off, and employee work time. I have found the team at PHR very responsive and willing to help with any issues we have faced, and I love that they are constantly working to improve their platform.

Time off management across multiple locations as well as time sheet entry and submission for different employee types

PurelyHR review by Gentian G.
Gentian G.

"Best self service TA solution"

What do you like best?

Liked the ease of use, integration with G suite and the clean user interface. Users

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike, you could have the main admin be also a user so I do not have to switch to my account back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works ok, it is easy to use and easy to setup.

Manage leaves, absences and attendance for my staff. Benefits and increased transparency with the staff, self service portal, fair payment for everyone based and the hours tracked through the system.

PurelyHR review by Brittany P.
Brittany P.

"The perfect Time Off solution!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it was for us to customize PurelyHR to our organization's unique time-off schedule. The time-off calendar is also a lifesaver for managers!

What do you dislike?

I wish the Timesheet portion was a bit more customizable. However, we have reached out to PurelyHR and they indicated that it might be in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the perfect solution for a small-medium business! We have been blown away with the customer service and troubleshooting offered by PurelyHR. Additionally, the customization features are second to none!

We are now able to automatically track all of our staff's Time Off requests, balances, accruals, and renewals. As we had previously done this process manually, this has saved hundreds of hours of staff time (and headache!).

"2 year review"

What do you like best?

PurelyHR is very user friendly. I've had minimal questions or concerns from the employees. There is quite a bit of "customizing" as far as the set up which helps with the flow between the manager and employee.

What do you dislike?

I think the monthly calendar needs to be bigger so the whole month shows on the screen. Some of the reporting is hard to figure out for instance, the carryforward amounts as shown in the balance's for the current year. Also, as an administrator it would be beneficial if we could see the employee's passwords to assist them when they have forgotten it.

This has streamlined the time off tracking for our company. it is much easier to accrual for vacation during year end.

PurelyHR review by Joanne  L.
Joanne L.

"Human Resources Specialist"

What do you like best?

Ease of tracking and blocking off conference dates

What do you dislike?

Editing Conference dates is done per date vs as a group like when it was set up. I had to add an icon to show the conference block off to the calendar... after the fact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes. We have implemented it to our other 3 companies

VIrtual company, therefore this helps us see if people are logged in or are off for various reasons.

Year-end bonus for attendance tracking.

"Just Awesome!!"

What do you like best?

Our staff has complete insight into their own balances at any time. Everything is up-to-date all the time. We no longer have to wait for the payroll accountant to enter things from paper time sheets. It's great!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. There is one issue we've had with prior year vacation being deducted from new year balances if they aren't entered and approved before 12/31. I wish that was easier to handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is well worth the cost!!

We no longer have a huge delay on turning in vacation hours and actually having those entered into the system. The staff takes full control of their leave balances.

PurelyHR review by Ivanna C.
Ivanna C.

"We use PurelyHr for time-off management"

What do you like best?

The system being user-friendly. After set up, it didn't take long to get everyone up to speed, along with their balances.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if it integrated with my accounting system for g/l accrual tracking but that's only a year-end adjustment made every year so not the end of the world.

Time-off tracking doesn't haven't to be done manually and PurelyHR provides a workflow for authorization, helping with internal controls.

PurelyHR review by Emily O.
Emily O.

"Easy to use, easy to see"

What do you like best?

I can see everyone who is off on a given day, and submitting a vacation request takes less than a minute. Tracking my vacation and time off is easy.

What do you dislike?

I have to re-enter my company ID if I haven't logged in for a while.

Tracking time off for multiple employees in multiple locations is all in one place.

PurelyHR review by Meghan T.
Meghan T.

"Awesome, Efficient, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Fast Customer Service; Ease of Use; my employees really like using it as well

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the updates cause my time off policies to do weird things; i.e start over on the wrong dates.

No current business problems; really like the reporting features and the easy interface.. Low price is nice for small businesses.

PurelyHR review by Carmen L.
Carmen L.

"super user friendly"

What do you like best?

this program is very user friendly and I had to learn without much guidance.

What do you dislike?

Since i'm new to this program i haven't found any issues with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's such an easy program to use.

quick access to keep track of company staff, and easy way to keep staff happy with access to their info.

PurelyHR review by Catherine D.
Catherine D.

"Efficient way to track your staff hours."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it accrues the vacation/sick/CME separately. I like the calendar view so that you can get a snapshot of how many people are scheduled to be off at one time.

What do you dislike?

Not as customizable as I would like. Would like to be able to have vacation accrue more efficiently and the rollovers are not always accurate.

takes the stress of having to manually track the vacation but not so user friendly for the faculty to do it themselves. I often end up doing it for them.

PurelyHR review by Norman W.
Norman W.

"Purely HR review"

What do you like best?

Everyone is able to see who is scheduled off and when very easily.

What do you dislike?

Compared to what we had in place I haven't found anything I dislike as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommendated

All our sick and vacation time off. Great way to manage all requests very easily.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"Inexpensive Way To Track Employee PTO"

What do you like best?

PurelyHR is a simple to use platform for tracking PTO, VTO, FMLA and other employee data. I appreciate the email alerts and request reminders the most.

What do you dislike?

We currently use ADP and PurelyHR as our comprehensive payroll solutions. At this time, there is not a way to sync PurelyHR with ADP-- we have to input data between the two manually.

PurelyHR has allowed my small business to move away from tracking PTO in spreadsheets and have a centralized way to see time off across the company.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"The Time-Off Management tool we'd been searching for"

What do you like best?

It's very thorough in its offerings and we like how customizable the tool is.

What do you dislike?

Due to it's highly customizable nature, sometimes it takes away from the user-friendly aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be great if the admin login and employee login could be in one login for the admin. Or toggle back and forth within the same login.

We were looking for a simple but customizable time-off management tool to work with our specific time-off policies. We were able to do this with PurelyHR.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"Helpful tool that is complicated to set up"

What do you like best?

I like that it can track all of our staff's various time off and comp time for employees with different tiers of available time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how complex the set up is - particularly for employees who are not a standard 40 hours a week, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the help with set up - it was incredibly complex to set up.

It is helping us to track PTO, comp time.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"Great way to keep track of banked time!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that Purely HR allows employees to submit requests for banked time and we can approve those and use a multiplier to track time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it's a little confusing to figure out time off types/policies and how they are applied. It seems like it could be a lot more intuitive.

We are solving our tracking of banked time. It's made this streamlined and easy for all members of our organization to understand.

PurelyHR review by Marie-Christine L.
Marie-Christine L.

"Best time manager tool ever"

What do you like best?

The user friendly look is great and it is very easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

Not in french and no and their is no apps

knowing who is in, who is on time off in on glance is perfect

PurelyHR review by Louise F.
Louise F.

"Straightforward holiday scheduling"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. If you need time off, whether for an appointment, sick day, or holidays, you just click the dates, fill out a few short questions, and your manager can approve the time off.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I haven't had any issues with the programme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Working remotely means that we all have different bank holidays and need different times and days off. Using PurelyHR we can see what days colleagues have requested off to easily avoid overlap.

"PurelyHR Exceeded Expectations"

What do you like best?

PurelyHR was easy to set up, has been easy to use, and is far cheaper than other products we looked at.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to give users access to certain reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PurelyHR is cheaper and easier to use than other comparable software we demoed.

We use PurelyHR to replace a different time off tracking software and it is easier to use and cheaper to run.

PurelyHR review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Great experience."

What do you like best?

Tracking vacation and displaying on a calendar

What do you dislike?

setting up accruals is somewhat confussion

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product

Makes my job so much more efficient. We used spreadsheets before using your service.

PurelyHR review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Adequate for our use"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ability for users to select a future date and see how much PTO is available to them at that time

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are not intuitive to access/use

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to setup quite a few rules if employees gain different amounts of PTO based on their tenure length.

We used to have HR manually track PTO, but now that PurelyHR does it that person is free to use her time better.

PurelyHR review by Brad E.
Brad E.

"Great product and always updated with the latest features. Easy to use for our end users."

What do you like best?

Ability to customize every aspect of time off.

What do you dislike?

Wish the employee records were a little easier to manage.

Multiple time off options with different options.

"Purely HR"

What do you like best?

Purely HR is very easy to use and produces great reports. Any issues we’ve had the help desk folks were amazing especially with set up

What do you dislike?

I wish we could customize reports a bit more. Also if it could ‘talk’ to other HR systems.

Vacation usage and carryover. Also OT banks. It’s easy to see what’s happening in accounts to prevent high banks

PurelyHR review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Inexpensive Solution for Common HR Needs"

What do you like best?

The ease with which employees can report their time off is phenomenal. Our company uses Google services for e-mail, so even signing in is a breeze! If I had to choose something, it would be the need to have a rep put in repeating days off (like work from home).

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything truly negative about Purely HR. It's user friendly and saves money.

We use Purely HR for tracking sick, personal, vacation, FMLA, etc. The calendar allows management to quickly view who is in and out. We also use Harvest for time-tracking on specific projects.

PurelyHR review by Trent S.
Trent S.

"Clean and Simple to Use"

What do you like best?

Enough features to handle complex policies, but simple to us.

What do you dislike?

The weird character on the login page should be updated.

Managed approvals.

PurelyHR review by Richelle D.
Richelle D.

"New Hope Leeward"

What do you like best?

user friendly and quick customer service

What do you dislike?

that we now have to retype our password every time we clock in/out

n/a

"PHR Review"

What do you like best?

cost and how easy it is to use. i also like the reporting function and all the options i have there.

What do you dislike?

setting up a new employee isn't as straight forward or easy as it was in the past. it is easy to leave something out

having an affordable PTO tracking system that is low maintenance

"Absence Management Simplified"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use and provides a simple but effective way to track absences in a large department.

What do you dislike?

It’s not always easy to navigate. Often difficult to access specific functions.

Consider more shortcuts

We are able to have a snapshot of absences and track patterns in absences.

"Handy Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that we can manage time off requests with a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to use multiple services to track timecards and time off and pay for both.

I needed a tool to track time off requests and this one does it for me.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Always have up to date information at a glance and review reminders

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deploy to test few, then roll out

Year end accruals are easy. Employees have clear access to their own information. No need for any discussions.

"Quick and Easy"

What do you like best?

easy of reviewing offices time off and elimination of paper system was wonderful

What do you dislike?

tracking new (backdated) entries when payroll is finalized

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very quick and easy product!

We have multiple offices and knowing who is in the office is great. We eliminated the paper systems we had.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"Great if you're looking for a good stand alone option."

What do you like best?

Ability to see projected future balances, easy admin abilities.

What do you dislike?

Setup is mostly intuitive but can be tricky depending on your time off policies, accruals, etc.

Increasing transparency of time off, reducing inefficiencies in email requests, ability to track and report time off for payouts, etc.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"Simple interface - great customer service"

What do you like best?

PurelyHR goes above and beyond to answer our questions in a timely manner. They've made steady improvements to their software and it's clear they care about providing a quality service.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say. They really do a great job. Would love to see more robust FMLA functionality down the road.

tracking paid time off requests and balances - used to be done on spreadsheets. We're now able to track bereavement requests electronically, and are able to identify abuses of our policy.

PurelyHR review by Michelle B.
Michelle B.

"Customer service is always quick to respond when I have questions"

What do you like best?

User friendly website, friendly customer service

What do you dislike?

We use PurelyHR to keep track of Time off requests only. We have not adopted it as an HR tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly

We use PurelyHR for time off requests. The reports are accurate and easy to access

PurelyHR review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"As its name suggests, it's purely for HR management"

What do you like best?

The recent update has made the site more friendly and usable with information more readily available.

Support is super quick.

What do you dislike?

Difference between "settings" and "information" for each user is confusing as information also holds what could be called "settings".

Development team is not interested in customer suggestions.

We use this to manage staff leave, holidays, and illness time. The benefits include, reminders of upcoming international holidays, staff hired anniversary reminders, notification if someone is taking too many sick days or unexpected holidays. It's a simple solution.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

As we've grown, it's been easy to track our employees and their attendance. Changes to recent workers legislation has made it increasingly important to do so effectively.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. The product meets our needs.

It was a simple way to implement time tracking and give our management team an "at a glance" view of who's off when. We don't have to wonder who's around when trying to schedule staff meetings or PD sessions.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"Flexible Time off management"

What do you like best?

Flexible Program for Time Off Tracking, allows customization for multiple policies.

What do you dislike?

Not enough integration with outside payroll providers. Wish it would sync or import instead of requiring manual entry.

Time Off Management. Centralized and easy to use.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

In general, the ease of use and the price. Many systems are way more expensive to acquire. We are a small organization so I do not as an administrator use the system often - your support people are awesome.

What do you dislike?

I have an administrator account/password and a personal account/password. I seemingly cant have the system remember both..

the system is a convenient inexpensive way to track our vacation, sick and lieu time for employees.

PurelyHR review by Robbyn T.
Robbyn T.

"We find PurelyHR an extremely helpful - keeping track of our vacation, personal and sicktime."

What do you like best?

I like best that is a "live" tool calendar.

What do you dislike?

None - We are fully satisfied with this tool.

Time Keeping Tool is the very best for accuarately tracking accruals of all of our employees.

"PurelyHR"

What do you like best?

The ease in tracking PTO balances, and that users can enter their time off requests themselves.

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing I dislike thus far in using the software.

Less manual entry time in spreadsheets.

PurelyHR review by Administrator

"Efficient tool for tracking time-off"

What do you like best?

user friendly, comfortable with the platform.

What do you dislike?

plan set-up can be a bit complex and difficult to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it could be a one-stop shop for all HR needs, that'd be great!

Time Off management

PurelyHR review by Rose C.
Rose C.

"Good Program"

What do you like best?

It is easy to track and monitor everyone's vacation time

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to do multi-day requests on the same screen

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use

Able to coordinate time off

"Assistant Commissioner"

What do you like best?

The convenience of requesting time off online.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a ledger-style report showing a running balance of paid time off.

We only use it for time off tracking.

PurelyHR review by Veronique  M.
Veronique M.

"Overperforming tool for our Small business needs "

What do you like best?

I love the all-inclusive tool that lets me do everything in one place.

What do you dislike?

I would like purelyhr To ne available in french.

Better tracking of hr files

Learn more about PurelyHR

PurelyHR Videos

Learning about PurelyHR?

* We monitor all PurelyHR reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(58 reviews)