Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

PyCharm

(219 reviews)

The intelligent Python IDE with unique code assistance and analysis, for productive Python development on all levels.

Work for PyCharm?

Learning about PyCharm?

PyCharm Reviews

Ask PyCharm a Question
Showing 225 PyCharm reviews
PyCharm review by Ulrike W.
Ulrike W.

"One of the best available Python IDEs"

What do you like best?

What I like about Pycharm is that it supports a wide variety of languages. It also has an option to create Jupyter notebooks, which is incredible if you are dealing with data science, as you can use Jupyter notebooks without losing everything Pycharm has to offer. Another thing I like about Pycharm is that it works fine with distributions like Anaconda in Python. If you have Anaconda installed it is very easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about Pycharm is that Pycharm is expensive if you don't have a work license or a student license (although you can get a lightweight version for free, it doesn't support all features). When Pycharm starts, loading can take a while (up to a minute or longer), which is a bit annoying, especially if you check only a few lines of code. Vscode, however, is better fo this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pycharm is perfect for experienced programmers who want a multi-option IDE. Look at the free version before you spend a lot of money on the paid one, perhaps it already supports all the functions you need.

PyCharm has been used by everyone in our team. The integrated version control (git) is faster and more error-prone to code development. The debugger is the best feature before we have printed all over the place. We can now use the debugger. The debugger also works remotely and it saves a lot of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PyCharm
PyCharm review by Mario K.
Mario K.

"improve python code quality and devlopment"

What do you like best?

For the past two years, I've been using PyCharm almost daily and it was anything but perfect. For scientific work, the integration of IPython notebooks and packages such as Matplotlib and NumPy (also supported by Anaconda). I also like the fact that PyCharm offers intelligent code completion, code inspections, mistakes and fast fixes.

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't like is that much RAM (8 GB) is needed. It's difficult for my computer to have only 8 GB RAM. 16 GB of RAM is recommended. The startup time of PyCharm is also slower than for software such as vscode. Remember, the price is high. Another thing I do not like about the software is that remote debugging can be very unstable and it is very frustrating when the debugger freezes after hours of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the shortcuts, they can be used for any Jetbrains-IDE. Switch to PyCharm, I bet you won't regret that decision. I'm very happy and productive with PyCharm. You can test the trial version and purchase the Professional version if necessary.

I use Pycharm to analyze big data. Pycharm improves development time and reduces error numbers. It has good and fast features that can be used for fast prototyping applications. The Git integration works with our Business Git. Best software to debug (pyhton) code, I found so many bugs in little time. It does easy step by step debugging with a nice GUI.

What Python Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

PyCharm review by Nitin s.
Nitin s.

"Pycharrm:Get All functionality At One Place"

What do you like best?

TO work on a Python Project we can't use python shell we should use an IDE. I chose Pycharm because It provides a smart Graphical user interface, code inspection, highlighting the error areas with quick-fixes. A programmer need not remember all functions because it has code completion with ctrl+shift. It widely provides the plugins of different languages ' packages so if a programmer wants to work with other languages he can use the other languages packages. One other feature is that after completion of the project we can upload our project on Github directly.

What do you dislike?

PyCharm is a heavy software. It requires a RAM with the great capacity for its optimal operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best IDE in my opinion to develop the python projects.We can solve many problems in Data science and build our machine learning models.

Overall, I recommend PyCharm to others, and it provides all the functionality that I need. While there are things they can work on, they certainly don't hinder my day-to-day tasks, and overall it rarely gets in my way when I am working.

PyCharm review by Varun B.
Varun B.

"Easy to use and Great debugging options"

What do you like best?

I have used PyCharm for the last 2 years and it has been nothing but perfect. I have been able to get good suggestions, resolve dependencies, jump across my code and at the same time make sure to implement unit tests and browser automation. It greatly reduces time in non-code related things and lets you focus on just implementing your logic. Plus there is a great community support.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike apart from the fact that if too many Pycharm windows were opened, a lot of RAM was used and sometimes, only rarely, Pycharm crashed and I needed to do a system restart. But this was only when I abused my systems by running many heavy jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into your memory usage!

While working, I was using Pycharm to create my Python and Yaml scripts for automation. Also, used it for checking my Flask errors and implementation. Incorporated MVC framework using PyCharm.

PyCharm review by Tom A.
Tom A.

"Pycharm proporciona autocompletado y mejor GUI"

What do you like best?

Mi característica favorita de PyCharm es la autocompletación para bibliotecas de terceros. Me ha ahorrado una ridícula cantidad de tiempo al poder ver funciones y parámetros disponibles, especialmente cuando se trabaja con una biblioteca externa como Qt (PySide) para realizar trabajos de GUI. También es ideal para trabajar en proyectos, ya que organiza archivos en su propia carpeta, cada uno con su propio archivo de proyecto como cualquier otro IDE popular. PyCharm también es compatible con el resaltado de sintaxis, la corrección ortográfica, las comprobaciones de especificación PEP-8, el plegado de código y la indentación automática. También tiene una ventana integrada de depuración y registro, que es ideal para localizar errores y verificar resultados. ¿Mencioné que también es gratis? Sip, pruébalo.

What do you dislike?

A veces solo quieres trabajar en un único archivo sin un proyecto, lo cual es posible, pero no es tan sencillo como podría ser. La interfaz puede ser un poco confusa al principio, pero pronto se dará cuenta de que probablemente no necesitará tocar la mayoría de los botones y menús que presenta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consideraría usar PyCharm si quieres un IDE rentable para un desarrollo de Python rápido y eficiente. El código de escritura se hace 10 veces más fácil con la compatibilidad de autocompletado de la biblioteca de terceros, ¡algo con lo que no me gustaría vivir!

He utilizado PyCharm para construir el marco de prueba basado en python y el IDE para nuestro producto de software principal. Sus características me han permitido prototipar rápidamente y construir un sistema de prueba funcional en menos de 6 meses.

PyCharm review by Devansh S.
Devansh S.

"PyCharm Makes Development An Enjoyable Experience"

What do you like best?

PyCharm is the best IDE I have ever seen for the python developers. I am A Data Scientist and Machine Learning Enthusiast there are all features in PyCharm which don't make me switch any other IDE:-

1- PyCharm integrates IPython Notebook which is very useful for modifying the tabular data.

2- PyCharm has an interactive Python console, and supports Anaconda as well as multiple scientific

packages including Matplotlib and NumPy.

3-It is also good for full-stack web developers because it provides facility to develop the frontend, backend, and Database.

4- Access Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL and other databases right from the IDE.

5- PyCharm provides smart code completion, code inspections, highlighting errors and quick fixes.

What do you dislike?

One thing Only I dislike is that it requires a great Ram like 8 to 16 GB. It is heavy for my computer because I have only 8 GB Ram in my laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would widely recommend it to other python developers because It makes the code more efficient and having the all functionality which I needed. It has wide plugins which give the facility of developing multiple languages applications on a single IDE.

A mchine learning and Datascience enthusuiast can develope it's projects on it .He can visualise the data and make the plots using plugged libraries very efficiently.

PyCharm review by Falguni S.
Falguni S.

"PyCharm an Excellent IDE?"

What do you like best?

For my use case here are some of the features that I think are best and were useful to me.

Firstly, PyCharm features an excellent debugger. For someone who debugs his code often. It's very easy to dig through to code and see what is happening. Stopping and a break and seeing what variables contain at that point and make the debugging process easier.

Secondly, I have two workstations one at home and one at the office it allows me to sync my profile settings between instances. Making the change from Home workstation to Office workstation and back very seamless.

Third and last I change between my workstations often. Hence the remote development feature was very compelling. For me, this provides the ability to a script on an instance in the cloud. Along the same lines, I can select an interpreter which is a docker container. The remote development feature was what the deciding point to pay for the license. Otherwise, I would have probably stayed with Community Edition.

What do you dislike?

There some things about PyCharm that I don't like. Some features are locked behind a paywall but it's only strategic business decision. It sometimes becomes very slow, freeze, and become unresponsive. Also consumes a lot of memory. However, the last two reasons can be subjective, it could be due to the config of my system. Overlooking the cons, there is nothing to dislike about PyCharm

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using the Community edition for quite some time and am very pleased with the features and support that comes with it. There is Professional Edition too which is paid and has a lot more features. I bought the Professional Edition recently since I am now used to IDE well. I would definitely recommend using PyCharm and for beginners, I would ask them to do as I did and go for the community edition first and then to the paid version. For professionals who need a one-stop IDE for Python then look no further than PyCharm.However, if the price is an issue for anyone then I would recommend to look for other free IDE like Spyder, PyDev or go for the community edition you will not be disappointed.

I work on a team of web developers at my company. We use python for building web projects. I mainly code in Django and PyCharm comes with built-in support for Django which played a deciding factor in using the software. We build web projects for clients as per the client requests and contract and provide them with support and maintainance. The interface is well laid out, also very customizable.In terms of user experience, PyCharm has been great.

PyCharm review by Sheetal P.
Sheetal P.

"PyCharm excellent for web development"

What do you like best?

Here are some features that I think are best as per my use case.

It has one of the if not the best support for Django. However, it also provides good support for Flask, Pyramid,Google App Engine, and more.

It also supports integration with IPython which I use to share my code and documentation with other colleagues.

It allows for Remote Development by providing built-in ssh terminal, Docker and Vagrant connections.

What do you dislike?

I have used this product for past 4 years and its a good product.There is nothing that i don't like about PyCharm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being a web developer who uses Python I would definitely recommend using PyCharm.

It's one of the best IDE available on the market for Python. It's however paid so I would recommend to do some research and choose IDE that it's ideal for you but if you decide to go with PyCharm you won't be disappointed.

I work as a web developer. Most of my work includes building web projects using Django. The reason I use PyCharm is that it has built-in Django support the best I have ever used.

I wanted an IDE that has comprehensive support for Python and Django and PyCharm provides me both.It provides me with excellent debugging tools and plugin,Git integration and GitHub integration.

PyCharm review by John A.
John A.

"Best python IDE which can beat all others"

What do you like best?

Thousands of plugins, integrated terminal, version control, python console that has an autocomplete function and auto-suggestion when you need to quickly test a function. Search/jump to a function, class or module with simple keyboard shortcuts. It shows you the PEP-8 recommendations as you code. Easy code refactoring and much more. I can not go back to the Python code without PyCharm, this IDE is definitely for the best to develop in Python congratulations JetBrains, all your products are the host, the ease you give to develop is appreciated and much.

What do you dislike?

Inability to execute a part of the code in another that is not the regime of the console, inadequate support in the installation of third-party plugins, sometimes I have difficulties to install transfer plugins to use in the other IDEs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend PyCharm to anyone considering a large-scale or medium-scale project.

I still use PyCharm to create the python-based test framework. Its features have allowed me to quickly create prototypes and build a functioning test system in less than 6 months.

PyCharm review by Swati P.
Swati P.

"PyCharm from a Data Analytics View"

What do you like best?

There are a whole lot of features of PyCharm not all can be mention. However, there are some features which I like the most. It works great with Python distributions like Anaconda and WinPython. It's very easy to set up if you have already installed Anaconda or WinPython.It offers great pip integration. Provides great sophisticated static analysis tools.

It provides excellent integration with debugging tools which are one of the best available in the market.

What do you dislike?

Using PyCharm for over 3 years I have found nothing displeasing about it. except for slow loading time which is usual for all the IDE when they first load. Also, there is one more thing to keep in mind the price, it's expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for data analytics due to the debugging tools allowing you to step into any part of your process. It worked well with Anaconda. However, I would definitely recommend PyCharm for machine learning, web development or data analytics etc as well. For beginners, I would recommend them to go for the Community version of PyCharm or Spyder or other alternatives to start with Python programming and then shift to a Professional version of PyCharm cause it's expensive to start with but it's worth the price to pay for all the features and supports that comes with it.

I use Pycharm for big data analytics. Most of my work involves data scraping, traversing and converting. It works well with Anaconda and I could visually inspect data frames. In all, I needed a comprehensive IDE for Python to utilize good debugging tools and plugins managers and a one-stop shop to take care of all Python dependencies and PyCharm is the IDE I was looking for.

PyCharm review by Rahul G.
Rahul G.

"Python IDE | PyCharm"

What do you like best?

Our productivity with coding in Python increases quite a fold when using PyCharm which has alawys been the aim of all JetBrains product. The best thing is even though it is not an open source software, it prvides free pro version for students who can produce enough evidence that they are studying. This helps students to use professional grade software even before they join companies like us for their career. Thanks to Jetbrains for introducing such software for development!

What do you dislike?

The size is a bit too much! There are a lots of features which could have been included as extra add-ons or extensions or something of that sort. Other than that, it's perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like any other Jetbarins IDE, you will definitely like this. Go for it!

We mainly use it for coding Python applications and code analysis and refactoring. It has quite good and fast features which can be used for rapidly prototyping applications on the go with GIT and other things included out of the box

PyCharm review by Sanjit P.
Sanjit P.

"Python IDE for Novice to Expert Developers"

What do you like best?

PyCharm is an all in one Python IDE. It provides all Python tools in one place. It allows you to have per database colors.If you are security conscious, Pycharm supports connecting to SSH servers that are protected with google authenticator. Pycharm also supports connecting to Jupyter notebooks on a shared server.

PyCharm also has an intuitive and interactive console that encourages new developers. A built-in terminal is also provided. The PyCharm debugger is 10 times faster using the new framework API.

It ignores files lead to no test found hence it provides clean output. Pycharm allows you to run a test or a suite with an inline icon. Passing and failing tests are decorated with green and red gutter icons.

The new updates in Pycharm support for the latest Django flasks and pyramid plug-in available for view GF support. It provides autocompletion of code and can generate import.

What do you dislike?

Large memory consumption.

Pycharm menu system is terrible.

Impossible to run multiple projects at one time because of the large resource utilization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PyCharm is a great IDE for developers because it has almost all the tools available in it. It provides fast debugging and passing and failing tests are decorated with green and red gutter icons.

Switch to PyCharm, I bet you won't regret it.

The software is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux hence you don't have to change your OS for PyCharm. It allows me to use my license on multiple machines which I like the most. I use PyCharm for data visualization and analytics and plotting various graphs.

PyCharm review by Roshni S.
Roshni S.

"Python Tool Review: PyCharm"

What do you like best?

PyCharm knows Python. My favorite best feature is Control-B which jumps to the definition of whatever is under the cursor.

PyCharm has built-in support for Django. This includes things like the syntax of Django templates and being able to run and debug Django app in PyCharm.

PyCharm has git repo support and has a lot of useful features related to that like adding files in the repo, showing changes since the last commit, comparing a file to any other version of itself etc.

Furthermore, like all IDE it has numerous options for checking your code for syntax and style issues as you write it, for Python , HTML, JavaScript etc.

What do you dislike?

Admittedly, the documentation is sparse compared to, say, Django. There seems to be a lot of it on their support website, but when you start to use it, you realize that most pages only have a paragraph or two that only touch on the surface of things.

Vim mode is limited

Very high memory usage

Rendering is awful

Some relatively basic functionality requires paid license.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not saying PyCharm is better than everything else. What I can say is that I'm very happy and productive using PyCharm both at work and at home, and if you're dissatisfied with whatever you're using now, it might be worth checking it out.

Being a web developer I use PyCharm for website development using Django. It has built-in support for Django. This includes things like the syntax of Django templates and being able to run and debug Django app in PyCharm. I started using PyCharm since I was switching between Linux at work and Windows at home.PyCharm works the same on both due to Cross-platform support.

Because the git support is so handy, I sometimes use PyCharm to edit files in projects that have no Python code at all, like my personal dotfiles and ansible scripts.

PyCharm review by jose luis M.
jose luis M.

"Bestial IDE para desarrollar en Python"

What do you like best?

Miles de plugins, terminal integrado, control de versiones, consola python que tiene una función de autocompletar y auto-sugerencia cuando necesitas rápidamente probar una función. buscar/saltar a una función, clase o módulo con simples atajos de teclado.

Le muestra las recomendaciones de PEP-8 a medida que codifica. Fácil refactorización de código y mucho más. No puedo volver al código en Python sin PyCharm, este IDE sin duda es para el mejor para desarrollar en Python felicidades JetBrains, todos vuestros productos son la hostia, la facilidad que dais para desarrollar se agradece y mucho.

What do you dislike?

incapacidad para ejecutar una parte del código en otro que no sea el régimen de la consola, soporte inadecuado en la instalación de plugins de terceros, a veces tengo dificultades para instalar plugins de transferencia para usar en los otros IDEs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomendaría encarecidamente PyCharm a cualquiera que esté considerando un proyecto de gran escala o de mediana escala.

Sigo utilizado PyCharm para crear el marco de pruebas basado en python. Sus características me han permitido crear rápidamente prototipos y construir un sistema de pruebas de funcionamiento en menos de 6 meses.

PyCharm review by Palaniappan M.
Palaniappan M.

"Pycharm - my perspective"

What do you like best?

The ex command line is slick, block cursor and line highlighting look great, modal editing is responsive and IdeaVim supports all of the motion commands I use on a regular basis.There are now two types of completion in the editor: structural, which understands Python and JavaScript objects, and word expansion, which is more like Vim’s omnicomplete. Both work very well.

What do you dislike?

Custom keybindings have come a long way, but without a mappable leader they still work more like they do in Emacs and Sublime Text than in Vim. I don’t want to use backslash as my leader key, so I still end up combining Control, Command, Option (or Alt, Win, etc. on PCs) with various keys to produce unique sequences.My only request is that word expansion could work across all open files, like it does in Vim, rather than just the current file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Virtualenv and Pip support are woven into PyCharm, and both work pretty well. When you first open a directory of Python code, the editor warns you that the project lacks a Python interpreter. At that point you can choose to use the system Python or a virtualenv Python.

PyCharm detects several types of errors in your code and will offer to fix them for you through the Intention Action feature. These include the types of errors that you probably already use pylint to check for in your editor of choice: syntax errors and PEP8 violations. It also detects spelling mistakes with what appears to be a very limited dictionary.

PyCharm review by Simão A.
Simão A.

"Best IDE for Python!"

What do you like best?

PyCharm is by far the best IDE for programming in Python. It has the great advantage that it can be tested for non-profit projects and then a license for lucrative projects can be acquired. If other programming languages are used, there is the complete package of all JetBrains IDEs. PyCharm has a very appealing interface, a very complete intelisense, powerful debugger and mutch more

What do you dislike?

Of all the use I have made of Pycharm is the only applications that I have never found anything I liked less. Yes it has a paid license but for an application with the quality that JetBrain has and with the support that the applications have was impossible to be free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the trial version that you will not regret and soon you will buy the professional version

I use Pycharm to develop all my projects in Python, both professionally and personally. Once you start using PyCharm, you can hardly trade for another.

PyCharm review by Sina J.
Sina J.

"Professional and user-friendly IDE"

What do you like best?

The clean user experience helps developer to focus on developing task and being less distracted. At the same time this IDE provides a way to achieve almost everything a developer would expect to do in one way or another.

What do you dislike?

Though it is easy to start off coding on this IDE, learning and getting the most of it needs a good amount of time to pass its steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge it is the best alternative in IDEs for python development. If you are a student you can get a educational license freely too!

I use it for developing Bioinformatics research softwares for our research lab. In addition to the UX-centered coding environment it provides, its functionality on code performance analysis and code deployment makes it a perfect choice when developing more robust software components matter as it is our case.

PyCharm review by Thomas l.
Thomas l.

"Works like a Charm"

What do you like best?

I tried many IDE's since started coding python and i can guarantee you that Pycharm is by far the best. the program works on the go and identifies errors syntaxes, spelling and all on the go and highlight it so we can edit it very easily. even after all these errors can come so there is a debugger in the program which finds all the errors in the coding and helps you fix the issue. another great thing i find from using other IDE is that Pycharm interface is very beautiful and easy to work. it got almost all the features needed for you to code fluently. sometimes when i feel lazy there is a part of the tool that autocompletes the syntaxes and i find it really helpful. it also supports javascript and HTML which makes it great for coding web apps as well. the tool integrates with much other software and popular tools in the market such as pandas and Numpy which makes your job really easy.

What do you dislike?

the tool is somewhat heavy compared to other python IDE out there and not the best option for a small project. the tolls isn't cheap and everyone cant afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this probably the best IDE out there even thou its a little bit costly.

i used it to code and debug python scripts.

PyCharm review by Felicia D.
Felicia D.

"Way better code suggestions than the alternatives have "

What do you like best?

Awesome suggestions - performs great and quickly compared to other alternatives (that can make your computer stuck!)

Connections to Git, SVN and Mercurial is seamless

Handling of dependencies works very well, enables to download dependencies directly via the editor while in alternatives you have to download from the website itself

What do you dislike?

In huge projects, code search is sometimes causes the computer to stuck

Working with dependencies manager Gradle can have a better UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best product for working with JVM-related projects - refactoring, file search, classes change - are the best in class

Dev of ventures in Java language, with Git as the source control

IntelliJ IDEA has a very good code suggestions abilities, as well as connection to all source control programs out there, making the dev very efficient

PyCharm review by John C.
John C.

"Great IDE"

What do you like best?

I like how Pycharm has code autocomplete and syntax highlighting. Also, it provides a lot of convenience: you can refactor methods and find usages quite nicely. Importantly, it makes debugging much better. Finally, it can support different run configurations.

What do you dislike?

Lack of built-in memory profiler. Also, it is a bit heavyweight, especially if you just want to edit a single file.

Pycharm solves the problem of providing a software development framework that minimizes mistakes. For instance, I could edit files by hand easily with vim or nano, but I would much more likely make mistakes when doing this. The code complete, syntax highlighting and refactoring methods all help reduce the likelihood of error, helping software get shipped faster and with fewer bugs. The other features like environment management, run configuration, debugging are nice as well.

PyCharm review by Dan D.
Dan D.

"Excellent Django Integration"

What do you like best?

I realize that an IDE like PyCharm breaks the unix philosophy: Make each program do one thing well. But I have to say this program breaks that rule exceptionally well. It's syntax highlighting, linting, and autocomplete of python/django code would probably be enough for me to like PyCharm. It indexes your code base (including the virtual environment) and can do things like autocomplete model names that are provided as strings to models.ForeignKey(), let you cmd + click function/class names to jump to their definitions, and warn against pep8 violations with squiggle underlines (like spell checkers).

But having it run the server in one panel, my terminal in another, and a python console in yet another means all the things I need while I work are at my finger tips. So even though PyCharm breaks the unix philosophy, it frees me to focus on doing just one thing well: build the internet.

What do you dislike?

I love open source software, and PyCharm is not. However, they annually sponsor the Django Foundation with a fundraising drive and they have a free community edition that's awesome for people just learning. It's also worth noting that most professionals use professionally built close source software that they pay for: photoshop, autocad, etc. So even though I would like an open source PyCharm, that isn't the current norm.

As with most IDEs like PyCharm, they are monster codebases. So PyCharm can be slow at times and it certainly uses a good deal of memory. I solve that problem with lots of expensive hardware. But on systems with only 4 or 8GB of memory you might notice slowness. Especially when launching a project or indexing a project (like when you pipenv update).

It also chokes on large javascript codebases with huge numbers of node_modules. So if you're doing heavy react dev in PyCharm you might want to make sure you computer can handle it. Or exclude the node_modules in the indexing process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PyCharm Pro is expensive as editors go, but for a professional it's worth the money. Try the free version (lacks django integration) before spending your money.

Web development with most of your daily tools you could ever wantjust a keyboard shortcut away.

PyCharm review by William S.
William S.

"JetBrains for Python, what more could you want?"

What do you like best?

Is it unfair to say "Just about everything"? Everything from the layout to the code completion, from the project navigation to code analysis, it's all excellent.

You have access to all of the wonderful tools that you would expect from a JetBrains product. Debugging panel, built-in console, VCS integration, run configurations, add-ons, strong refactoring tools, automated code optimization, stacktrace analysis, and tons and tons of customization. And of course it's incredibly stable, haven't had a single crash ever.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when using external libraries you can run into some weird, non-intuitive issues with code completion and source navigation. Other than that, I haven't had any real issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like any of JetBrains' other IDE's, just get it!

Automating small tasks

Saves a lot of time doing basic repetitive tasks such as data pulling/entry and validation. This way our time is better spent on tasks that actually require the attention of a real human. We currently do not use Python for client-facing or mission-critical programs but with the help of PyCharm I certainly have more faith in using it for those applications.

PyCharm review by Bhupendra G.
Bhupendra G.

"PyCharm deeply understands your code"

What do you like best?

Pycharm is the best tool for python development. Here are some features which are more interesting in Pycharm like auto-completion,code generation, syntax highlighting, error correction. It also provides database tools.

It plugins the packages of different languages so a developer which has more skills he can code in more than one language on a single IDE. It also supports anaconda distribution.

What do you dislike?

It is heavy software which uses more resources so, It requires a good processor. It is not freely available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it to others because it provides all the features which a developer wants during development.

Since it supports the Anaconda distribution so we can import all the python libraries and make the project in python. And can also visualize the data from the datasets.

PyCharm review by Israel F.
Israel F.

"The only python IDE I use"

What do you like best?

Lots of features and a powerful refactoring tool, it integrates with docker and virtualenvs and it has an integrated terminal in case you're old fashioned and need to run some stuff in the shell.

I use it mostly for big projects and I love how it helps me discover the codebase and speeds up my development with the new project. Also, the vim mode is very decent, so I don't need to learn all the new keyboard shortcuts. If you come from Eclipse, it has an Eclipse compatibility mode, so if you were an Eclipse user, you won't need to learn new keyboard shortcuts

What do you dislike?

Too many features, you end up only using a fraction of what the tool is capable of, but as all, everything comes with using it often and experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the full docs at least once, but don't try to memorize everything, you'll get used to it and start using more and more features with time.

Programming, refactoring and software development.

"programming in python "

What do you like best?

Self-fulfillment functions; tips; continuous track of syntax and other errors; very flexible customization options: color of the desktop, abundance of the shortcuts, switching between the main working directories, extensive online support; opportunity to try profession version temporarily

What do you dislike?

inability to run a part of the code in other that the console regime; inadequate support in installing third-party packages; sometimes I have difficulties in installing transferring packages for using in the other IDEs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the unexperienced users, I'd recommend using community version instead of the professional one. Don't ignore customization opportunities. If you're working in python in the other IDE, you don't need to install all the packages again - just use old software (like anaconda) in the background. Also, you can easily switch between virtual environments in the working directory. So, pycharm provides a lot of useful tools in switched to the software from its competitors.

I use pycharm for big data analysis, continuous downloading data, textual analysis, scraping and scrawling data in the internet, transferring data between different formats; building functions; program development using open-source data; Pycharm is a very multi-functional and stable tool for all the above purposes; it also provides extensive learning materials and online supports like tutorials for the newbies

PyCharm review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Excellent Python IDE"

What do you like best?

- fantastic code refactoring capabilities

- wide range of integrations (some are work in progress, but still...)

- configurability

- good documentation

- fairly decent support

- fair pricing, nice discounts (for startups, for example), perpetual licenses available, free community edition available (with only a few features missing)

- very active development, every release (only a few months apart) brings new stuff

What do you dislike?

- quite crowded GUI (supports some simpler operating modes, though), often unintuitive for the new users

- some 3rd party integrations don't easily keep up with advancements of the 3rd party software, one example being Google App Engine

- very active development also means some things changing at every upgrade, occasionally not a good/appreciated way

Recommendations to others considering the product

If working on multi-service Google App Engine apps note that at least in my 5.0.6 Pro version the standard env GAE support is limited:

- I managed to run the development server inside PyCharm but I still have to deploy to GAE manually.

- in some cases it can't seem to figure out the dependencies on libraries vendored into the app (i.e. exactly as the GAE SDK does) so completion/lookups don't work. I got used to it, tho.

- significantly faster software development process (than without an IDE), I estimate some 15-30% speedup in my case

- maintaining a high quality of the software products is a breeze with it, previously it was quite difficult and required a significant amount of time and resources. I even loaded some code I wrote before using PyCharm and was quite surprised

PyCharm review by Megha G.
Megha G.

"Time Saver for Python Development"

What do you like best?

I am a Java developer, but developed a few of my projects in Python as well. Since PyCharm is the only IDE I used for all of my Python projects, I don't have experience with other IDE's. However, I would say PyCharm is such a time saver for python development. Pycharm is a complete IDE for software development. With the support if various useful plugin, it makes it very easy to program Django and Flask applications. I have used JetBrains other IDE's for Java development and PyCharm looks like any other JetBrains tool, that means most of the shortcuts, layout etc. are same as other JetBrain IDE. Pycharm has greater ecosystem of users and you can find help easier.

What do you dislike?

Library dependancy and installation is always a pain in Python. I always face version mismatch issues. I used Anaconda to handle library dependancies and linked my anaconda with PyCharm that saved a lot of time and efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since I don't have experience with other Python IDE, so I can't compare, but I would definitely recommend PyCharm.

I use PyCharm to develop projects in Python.

PyCharm review by Ben H.
Ben H.

"PyCharm - The best Python IDE I've used"

What do you like best?

My favourite feature of PyCharm is the autocompletion for 3rd party libraries. It's saved me a ridicilous amount of time being able to see available functions and parameters, especially when working with an external library like Qt (PySide) for doing GUI work. It's also great for working on projects, as it organizes files in their own folder, each with its own project file like any other popular IDE. PyCharm also supports syntax highlighting, spelling correction, PEP-8 specification checks, code folding and auto-indentation. It also has a built in debugger and log window, which is great for locating bugs and checking output. Did I mention it's also free? Yup, give it a go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you just want to work on a single file without a project, which is possible, but it's not as straight forward as it could be. The interface can be a little confusing at first, but you'll soon realise you probably won't need to touch the majority of the buttons and menus it presents you with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would considering using PyCharm if you want a cost-effective IDE for quick and efficient Python development. Writing code is made 10 times easier with 3rd-party library auto-completion support, something I wouldn't want to live without!

I have used PyCharm to build the python-based testing framework and IDE for our main software product. It's features have enabled me to rapidly prototype and build a working test system in under 6 months.

PyCharm review by Peg J.
Peg J.

"Can't compare it to any other IDE"

What do you like best?

Build mechanism works much more quickly than other IDEs - can compile using Maven and Gradle which makes the process much easier

Refactoring abilities decreases the time it takes to implement projects - changing of names for classes and files, pushing/pulling class members, etc

What do you dislike?

Writing comments does not work very well

Navigation can be improved in Windows

Decompiling is not perfect - particularly the part of symbols fetching from external sources

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connect it to source control - git or SVN

Analyze cyclic dependencies using their feature

Use the remote debugging feature to connect it to external service and get metrics regarding its operation

Implementation of projects in Java, JRuby, Jython

Doing code reviews

Running code coverage

Running unit tests

PyCharm review by Susmit G.
Susmit G.

"Excellent Python IDE"

What do you like best?

- fantastic code refactoring capabilities

- wide range of integrations (some are work in progress, but still...)

- configurability

- good documentation

- fairly decent support

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Python IDE out there

PyCharm review by Surendra G.
Surendra G.

"PyCharm: Ideal for Python developers"

What do you like best?

PyCharm is a powerful IDE that provides support for Django, JavaScript, HTML. You can also use this IDE to run any Python file. This application packs a smooth user interface that has a huge amount of functions, which can help you create or edit your projects in an effective manner. It also comes with a detailed user manual where you can find solution to all your problems.

PyCharm also helps you to create Python projects and handle them in an advanced environment. Among the features it provides, you can find syntax highlighting, project synchronization, auto-complete, event log, console, code inspection and debugging. This utility also provides you with a rich Settings window, that packs an enormous amount of customizable parameters.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to load which is somewhat annoying.

It's expensive for amateur work

It takes a long time to close threads when testing code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PyCharm is the best IDE for python programming development. If you are interested in learning Python, I would highly recommend downloading PyCharm.

Switch to it if not yet, I bet you won't regret it.

I always wanted an IDE that has sufficient support for Python and Django framework and PyCharm provides me both. I use PyCharm to create the python-based test framework and also for big data analytics.

PyCharm review by Sanaya S.
Sanaya S.

"Best IDE in performance and usability"

What do you like best?

It is open source IDE best in performance and usability and enhances the quality of the project. It has a modern graphical user interface. It is used to develop the Python and Data Science projects. It has the code coloring which highlights the errors and quickly fixes the errors which really saves a lot of time. With Pycharm we can visualize and manipulate the data python libraries. It is integrated with Anaconda distribution which is freely available.

What do you dislike?

It required a high RAM system. Due to the heavyweight system may hang and need to restart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I widely recommend it to develop python and data science project. Because it contains all the python packages. During implementation, it highlights the errors.

I use Spyder to develop and test code snippets for various projects within the organization that are built in Python. It is also used in data science and machine learning field for data manipulation and visualization.

PyCharm review by Raj G.
Raj G.

"Best IDE for the Python Projects"

What do you like best?

It is the opensource IDE used to develop large and realistic projects. It has the best features to develop the python projects.

It has the following features which make me use it:

1- It contains a modern graphical user interface.

2- For a project, one folder is created which contains all the files related to that project.

3- It has the color code so it prevents the time to fix the errors.

4- It includes the wide range of plugins of different languages' packages to code them.

5- It installs all required packages from anaconda distribution.

What do you dislike?

It uses more resources of the system. So for the systems which have less RAM is not good to use it because it will take time to load the IDE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it to the DataScientist and Machine learners to develop their projects using this IDE. Because it will enhance the quality of the final product with the above-discussed features.

At the business level, we can develop the project of python, DataScience, Machine Learning. We can also use this IDE to other technology projects by plugging in the packages.

PyCharm review by Kranthi K.
Kranthi K.

"The most powerful tool for python programming"

What do you like best?

1. Pycharm have a very well built integration with GIT, which makes it very easy to manage your repository and track all the changes in a project.

2. Pycharm also provides an inbuilt shell/terminal.

3. The inbuilt debugger provided by pycharm is also very powerful.

4. Code analysis is also very strong in pycharm and a very good support for pep8

What do you dislike?

1. Pycharm is the best IDE for python programming but is not so good for other languages like javascript,R.

2. Since pycharm is an complete IDE it can take a lot more memory as compared to other light weight python notebooks like sypder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pycharm has a lot of features that can be used for development and code architecture.

Pycharm has support of many different languages .

The package manager of pycharm is also very good.

1. Pycharm helps us keep the code in sync with git without much effort.

2. Since we have implemented a strong linter, pycharm has made sure that the team follows all the pep8 standards.

PyCharm review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Very good IDE for Python and some other open source languages"

What do you like best?

Its UI, and its structure of different tool bars. They have provided themes. One can directly import the source code from Git. One can extend using some plugins. The shortcuts for faster coding. Last but not least its Open source from a well known company i.e., JetBrains.

What do you dislike?

Its not open as Eclipse. Eclipse can be used for almost all the languages by extending it with some plugins. PyCharm serves the purpose but not as best as Eclipse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as a user works only with Python programming language then PyCharm will be the best choice without any question. May be the future versions of PyCharm can provide the flexibility of customizing the shortcuts like Visual Studio code does.

Recently we have won the bidding on some DataScience, Artificial Intelligence projects and trying to expand our business. After some Research we realized that PyCharm will be an excellent choice technically, budget wise and also from maintenance point of view.

PyCharm review by Jackie V.
Jackie V.

"The Best Python IDE Option for Windows"

What do you like best?

My opposition for using an IDE for Python programming stems from originally being a mac user where it was so much simpler to use the bash terminal and write code in Idle. Once i downloaded PyCharm I saw the advantage to using an IDE as it made debugging so much easier and a lot simpler to see code writing. The usage with conda makes it very convenient as well.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to boot up and is still not as simple as just using a text editor. But the advantages seem to outweigh it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're having trouble using Conda on Windows PyCharm makes it so much easier.

It makes debugging so much easier and a lot simpler to even just read your code and see errors.

PyCharm review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"PyCharm is a dream for Django and Python (and HTML) development"

What do you like best?

I love the built-in capability to both run and debug a Django application interactively, including examining variables and database records in real-time. And, I didn't have to do any unique setup to make it happen. It all just worked after setting the Python environment up which was very simple to do.

What do you dislike?

Really, I can't think of anything. There are some features that are meant to help but make it more difficult. However, I can turn those off in Preferences, too, so it isn't really an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using it during the trial period and you'll see how powerful a product it is.

PyCharm makes code development a ton easier and much faster. One example is the column editing which enables the addition or removal of code in a column or set of columns easily. Some editors have column editing, but don't enable the same character or string to be inserted in every column selected. PyCharm does exactly that and it's a huge time saver.

PyCharm review by AYUSH V.
AYUSH V.

"Beautiful IDE for python lovers. Must have for seamless code testing. "

What do you like best?

1. Design and Aesthetics. I really liked the colours and code completion.

2. Smart suggestions are out of box.

3. Code highlight is one beautiful utility. Classes , variables and objects are differentiated .

4. Lint and refactoring is done inside your IDE. helpful in code reviews.

What do you dislike?

1. I don't feel it needs any suggestion for IDE.

2. Adding support for BASH Scripts plus Python module would be helpful . Like using subprocess and Popen completion in BASH.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use tips to explore more features . there are lots of features which you might not come across.

1. Zero code erros in indentation and Structure. helpful features are always cherry on pie.

2. Very good code analysis. Helps us in inspecting through code smells and un used code.

PyCharm review by Mehrshad G.
Mehrshad G.

"Perfect IDE"

What do you like best?

I love every product IntelliJ make and in my opinion Pycharm is the best IDE for python programming, specifically server-side codes. It well adapts to famous frameworks such as Django and it is also great for scientific computing. One of the its best features is the remote debugging ability.

What do you dislike?

I think there is room for improvement in code analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first it might annoy you a little, but hang on there and you will love it.

In my company we mostly use it for two purposes: Server-side applications and scientific computing. For me, personally, it makes me more productive when I am collaborating on a large project

PyCharm review by Agustin A.
Agustin A.

"Gran IDE gratuito para python"

What do you like best?

Los desarrolladores de JetBrain hacen que los IDE sean limpios y fáciles de aprender, este ide esta explicita mente para el desarrollo de proyectos en python, tiene muchisimas funciones, auto-resaltado de analisis, consola, autocompletado, entre otros muchas funciones.

What do you dislike?

Realmente no hay nada que no me disgute de PyCharm. prefiero este ide antes que programar en un bloc de notas o notepad ++

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si ya esta familiarizado con algun otro IDE de JetBrains o concreta mente de algo relacionado con los productos Storm, no tendrán ningún tipo de problema visual.

Es facil de programar con el, y te ayuda a resolver conflictos, y ayuda mucho la función de autocompletado e instalación de paquetes automáticamente.

PyCharm review by Adarsh J.
Adarsh J.

"One of the best IDE for Python"

What do you like best?

The best feature I like about PyCharm is its support with Python distributions like Anaconda. It's very simple to set up if you have Anaconda installed.

Pycharm supports different languages, which is very convenient. It also has an option for creating Jupyter notebooks. Similar to other JetBrains products it's easy to learn and get used to it.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit slow to startup.

It's expensive for beginners but if you are planning to work on Python only then its a good investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Pycharm, it is great for experienced programmers who want an IDE with many options. Since it's full version is expensive I would not recommend it for beginners and intermediate developers they better look for other alternatives, I personally don't think it would be worth spending but if you are willing to spend money then definitely go for it its worth the money you pay. It's great for both academic and nonacademic work environments.

I use PyCharm for developing code and doing reproducible research.SincePycharm has the option to set up version control with GitHub and other similar version control software. It has many features and it's not limited to Python but compare to its python support, JavaScript, CoffeeScript, TypeScript, HTML/CSS, SQL requires a paid license. So that's a bummer. My organization has a PyCharm license so the cost of software is minimal. I like it because it aids me with reproducible research which is a crucial part of my job conduct. Overall it has made me more productive allowing me to code faster and take up more projects.

PyCharm review by Bunty S.
Bunty S.

"PyCharm: Most Loved IDE for Python"

What do you like best?

PyCharm is the lifeline for python programmers (python related work). Many good shortcuts are available such as Ctrl+B which directly goes to the definition whatever function is under the cursor. We can have multiple projects open at a time in Pycharm, each using a virtual environment. It also offers Git Repository support for the everyday commits and push-pull.

What do you dislike?

PyCharm does not have anu multicolor feature compared to Sublime or Atom text Editor. Sublime text fonts are also way ahead than its competitor Pycharm.Sublime text user interface is OPENGL and it runs smoothly than PyCharm. Hence, PyCharm is bit slower but the difference is negligible. Also Sublime text plugins are more active and get lots of support such plugins are R, Erlang and Haskell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PyCharm is a very big name in the field of IDEs. It is very well built an most of the features works awesome. It also comes with an integrated debugger which is a good option for developers. Hence, I would encourage to switch to Pycharm from any other text editors.

I mostly used PyCharm for website development using Django. It provides all the built-in functionalities for the Django functions and database design for it. It includes all the syntax (auto-complete syntax) of Django templates and also allows debugging of Django application with the built-in command line.

PyCharm review by Ramesh P.
Ramesh P.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

It is from the whole suite of IDEs from Jetbrains which gives it a heads-up in terms of features. It has features like GIT Client inbuilt, Code completion(customization). I love the code completion as it saves a lot of my time while I am coding. I never have to type full variable names or function names. The GIT inbuilt is good as well because I do not have to leave the application even once to do anything else than just code. Keeps us focused when working

What do you dislike?

Consumes a lot of memory which is not necessary. Minimum consumes 400 mb of RAM when just started. Other than that, no problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended. It also has free student license if you are currently studying

It has lots of benefits. It has a good customizable interface so all employees can set dark and light based themes which can benefit the eyes too. Also, it is on multiple platforms so I dont have to take the OS into the picture when changing systems inside the company.

PyCharm review by Samarth S.
Samarth S.

"PyCharm :All Python Tools In One Place"

What do you like best?

PyCharm provides smart code completion, code inspections, on-the-fly error highlighting and quick-fixes, along with automated code refactorings and rich navigation capabilities. It provides the wide ranges of debugging, testing, and profiling. PyCharm’s smart code editor provides first-class support for Python, JavaScript, CoffeeScript, TypeScript, CSS, popular template languages, and its smart code navigation uses smart search to jump to any class, file or symbol, or even any IDE action or tool window. In this IDE language and framework-specific refactorings help you perform project-wide changes

What do you dislike?

Sold on a subscription which is not that great. However, since this is the software I use to make money, I guess it's ok. Nevertheless, I feel the subscription is on the expensive side. PyCharm requires a RAM with the great capacity for its optimal operation

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best IDE in my opinion to develop the python projects. It also has the ability to explore enterprise-grade software and develop marketable skills. We can solve many problems in Data science and build our machine learning models.

PyCharm review by User in Computer Software

"PyCharm - The best python integrated development environment for developers and professionals"

What do you like best?

This is one of the best editors available in the market. It also has a free community version. PyCharm provides all the python tools that a developer requires. The most beneficial aspect is the intelligent code completion feature. It helps in managing the code project. It also provides plug-ins for other languages like Javascript, Node.js etc.

What do you dislike?

PyCharm is a bit resource intensive. It slows down the low-end computer systems a bit. If you want to open multiple instances of PyCharm then you need a high-end system with a good memory and specs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Users must utilize the intelligent code completion feature. It is extremely beneficial in boosting up the productivity and saving the time in writing the entire code from scratch. Users can also explore the other development frameworks offered by PyCharm like Django. It also supports Anaconda distribution of Python which is very useful for python programmers.

I use it for python code development both for the personal and professional purpose. The intelligent code completion feature is the most beneficial for me. It gives you suggestions on the fly and also performs error checking dynamically. I also use IPython Notebook and interactive python console. It is a boon for all the developers.

PyCharm review by Antonio M.
Antonio M.

"Really cool if you can affort it"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use and brings a lot of help in some fields like go directly to definition, and some refactor tools like the rename option or the find usages option.

Also all the intellij brand has some cool assets on his tools which makes the use really easy. I can have all my things organizedly without a headache.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the tool, as a single web developer it's so expensive to be able to pay, luckily I'm also a student and I have a discount if not I wouldn't be able to use it.

Also appart from that, the way that it loads is a bit buggy, the load bar go out of the window, I checked it on mac and Windows and in both the load bar go out of the load window

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the material design plugin, It's awesome and helps a lot because is beautiful and let you keep concentrated on the code easily, If I can do it I will make it the default look for all my inteillij editors

It helps a lot with the use of github so the version controller is really helpful, also some visual assets are really helpful.

Another thing is the fact that using another code editors is more difficult to keep organized.

"PyCharm Review"

What do you like best?

Code auto-completion and ability to move from one part of the project to another. The keyboard shortcut of double shift is extremely powerful allowing the developer to move to any file, class or method in a jiffy.

Secondly, PyCharm has support frameworks Django and Flask. With the database tools of PyCharm developer can perform CRUD operation conveniently using the UI.

What do you dislike?

PyCharm is heavy on the CPU but given the kind of functionalities, it provides it should be expected that it will be CPU intensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend PyCharm to anyone considering a large scale project to medium scale project. I would advice beginners not to directly jump to using PyCharm.

We are building a Django based backend using PyCharm as IDE.

PyCharm review by Benjamin R.
Benjamin R.

"PyCharm usability"

What do you like best?

This is a fantastic IDE for Python! I had written a lot of Python scripts without an IDE before and PyCharm has been huge! I am a big fan of Netbeans and always look to use their line of products. With this product, I was easily able to write Python code and interact with other python files. The smooth UI made it really fun to use and I especially enjoyed the darcula theme.

What do you dislike?

My only comment for improvement would be regarding the third party package integration. Sometimes it was difficult to download and integrate packages into use in my python files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend giving this great IDE a shot, it makes writing python code a breeze! Developers will enjoy the smooth UI and the great features that make it easy to autocomplete and debug code.

Pycharm functions as a phenomenal Python IDE. I would reccommend it for any company that wants to write python and leverage the high quality capabilities that come with a Netbeans produce (i.e. version control and greate UI capabilities).

PyCharm review by User

"Best for writing scripts and executing processes"

What do you like best?

Great color options. Awesome ability to change code and comment. Mostly using .json and html to create deliverable documents for our processes. This has been a god-sent software that I couldn't function without in my current role. I believe that the ability for the packages to be able to do data processing as well and the statistical functions I need in my day to day is why I prefer Python/Pycharm to using R or SAS. It is also very easy for others to re-use the project files I've created.

What do you dislike?

I like the functionality of the pycharm application. It is constantly used by me and my team to ensure the quality of our deliverables. We are always worried about version control and this has really helped and being able to sync with Git is amazing.

Versioning control, project deliverables, and collaboration

PyCharm review by Varun D.
Varun D.

"Best IDE out there for Python"

What do you like best?

Thousands of plugins, integrated terminal, version control, python console which has a autocomplete and autosuggestion feature when you quickly need to test your function. Search for/jump to a function, class or module with simple keyboard shortcuts. Shows you PEP-8 recommendations as you code. Easy code refactoring and much more. I really can't go back to code in Python without PyCharm. Kudos to team JetBrains for such a good work, this has got to be the best IDE for Python out there.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to boot if you have a low-end machine. Takes a long time to boot if you have a low-end machine. Takes a long time to boot if you have a low-end machine. However, there are frequent updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might find it difficult to use it if you have a low-end machine. However, there are frequent updates.

I have built many projects with PyCharm and the more I used it, the more I started liking it. PyCharm has helped me a great deal while building numerous Flask app since it has Jinja template parser. It can detect where your template might throw an error and where not. Other than that, at our company, we heavily rely on PyCharm for testing our custom written framework since it has excellent debugging tools and logging features.

Learning about PyCharm?

* We monitor all PyCharm reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
PyCharm