Pydub

4.0

Manipulate audio with a simple and easy high level interface

Work for Pydub?

Learning about Pydub?

Pydub Reviews

Showing 10 Pydub reviews
Pydub review by Adeline D.
Adeline D.

"Great for quick edits."

What do you like best?

I can easily reverse a song, simple to make changes in bulk, the possibility to add tags and album cover, useful effects, a detailed API and fast for quick edits.

What do you dislike?

You need experience with Python, or you'll get confused, some results are hard to achieve, depending on how you run your script, FFmpeg keeps popping, which can be a nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an effect you constantly apply to your songs or need to make a quick fix, I recommend PyDub. It's hard in the beginning, but after you get familiar with the module, you'll be able to apply the effect in a few clicks.

I use when I need to match the length of music with video, add fade-in, fade-out, and silence to the beginning. It's perfect for quick fixes and edits for instructional videos.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pydub
Pydub review by Sinuhé J.
Sinuhé J.

"I used to generate music"

What do you like best?

I liked that it has all the formats and methods and it wasn't hard to find the additional codecs for put it to work at the time I need it.

I used it on a school project but I absolutly think as my first solution if I need audio manipulation on the future.

What do you dislike?

I didn't found something that disliked me. Maybe the only thing is that you need to have installed the codecs before starting, but this is something reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to work fast on your code and don't get slow on reading or creating audo and if you know python, this is your solution.

What Audio Editing solution do you use?

Pydub review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Moderate"

What do you like best?

I have tried PyDub when I wanted to have a audio according to my requirement such that I can test my audio processing code. So, basically I tried to generate the test cases of my code using that. The best thing I liked was its documentation. Documentation was well elaborated and lucid.

What do you dislike?

There was complexities in installing the library. I am not sure how did I resolved it but it was whole a headache. Apart from that, there is nothing that important that can I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggested this library to my Junior batch who are currently working on Audio signal processing using Python. Also, for my current Bachelor thesis, I am using this library. My guide and their research scholars are planning to have an introductory session for this.

Pydub review by Dimitris P.
Dimitris P.

"An overall positive review of Pydub"

What do you like best?

The interface with the pretty straight forward API, support (through ffmpeg) of virtually any audio format

What do you dislike?

High memory consumption for large audio files, dependency on ffmpeg makes installation tricky some times, especially on linux where the situation with libav does not help either

Need for transformation to wav files is also a negative as it makes the process slower for more commonly found audio files (e.g mp3s)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to use Pydub as it's a cool library, but in production make sure you don't exhaust the resources of your system

Pydub review by Darshan C.
Darshan C.

"PyDub is a useful utility"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it has a very simple API. Opening and editing files is simple. The program is fast enough.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it the fact that the entire song is loaded in memory. This can cause problems if it is a large song. Sometimes for eg, I just might wish to remove the first 10 secs of the song and don't need to load the entire song in memory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with it, the example given in the readme is useful.

Pydub review by Abdullah .
Abdullah .

"A good representation of how good Pythonic code can be"

What do you like best?

- Pythonic

- Open Source

- Great Documentation

- Inspiring : I have written a lot of code using concepts that have been implemented here. A good representation of how good Pythonic code is

- Most of all, I use it regularly for exporting any audio segments.

What do you dislike?

- Nothing, but I have not had to use many of the advanced features it offers

Recommendations to others considering the product

If not for your day to day work, use it to learn good pythonic code

Pydub review by Rakesh K.
Rakesh K.

"Pydub is on the right track"

What do you like best?

I like it that it is open source. The code is there for anyone to hack and in case you want to implement any new feature yourself. This is a huge win, you are in control

What do you dislike?

I think we need a UI. To increase the reach of PyDub, we need to make sure it is simple and intuitive. Other than that, the documentation needs to be revamped as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pydub is good at what it does, it is simple and the source is yours to hack and extend.

Using PyDub to prepare the audio tracks before we push them to our processing pipeline

Pydub review by Franco F.
Franco F.

"i like"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to adapt to different types of sound formats, making it possible to use different options.

What do you dislike?

it becomes a bit difficult when mainpulating the frame rate of audio segment

the use of different sound formats has helped us a lot

Pydub review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Pydub instead of a DJ or band at my wedding"

What do you like best?

The API is intuitive. I was doing very simple edits -- trimming off time from the start and end of tracks, with or without fade -- and it was easy.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that really bothered me, although I used only a small fraction of the library.

Pydub review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Clean pythonic interface, nice documentation and MIT license is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Not much, I've done fairly basic usage of the library, but the lacking support for Python Wheels could be easily solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just test it, it the best audio library for Python out there.

Learning about Pydub?

* We monitor all Pydub reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.