Pydub

Manipulate audio with a simple and easy high level interface

Work for Pydub?

Learning about Pydub?

Pydub Reviews

Showing 9 Pydub reviews
Pydub review by <span>Adeline D.</span>
Adeline D.

Great for quick edits.

What do you like best?

I can easily reverse a song, simple to make changes in bulk, the possibility to add tags and album cover, useful effects, a detailed API and fast for quick edits.

What do you dislike?

You need experience with Python, or you'll get confused, some results are hard to achieve, depending on how you run your script, FFmpeg keeps popping, which can be a nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an effect you constantly apply to your songs or need to make a quick fix, I recommend PyDub. It's hard in the beginning, but after you get familiar with the module, you'll be able to apply the effect in a few clicks.

I use when I need to match the length of music with video, add fade-in, fade-out, and silence to the beginning. It's perfect for quick fixes and edits for instructional videos.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pydub
Pydub review by <span>Sinuhé J.</span>
Sinuhé J.

I used to generate music

What do you like best?

I liked that it has all the formats and methods and it wasn't hard to find the additional codecs for put it to work at the time I need it.

I used it on a school project but I absolutly think as my first solution if I need audio manipulation on the future.

What do you dislike?

I didn't found something that disliked me. Maybe the only thing is that you need to have installed the codecs before starting, but this is something reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to work fast on your code and don't get slow on reading or creating audo and if you know python, this is your solution.

What Audio Editing solution do you use?

Pydub review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

Moderate

What do you like best?

I have tried PyDub when I wanted to have a audio according to my requirement such that I can test my audio processing code. So, basically I tried to generate the test cases of my code using that. The best thing I liked was its documentation. Documentation was well elaborated and lucid.

What do you dislike?

There was complexities in installing the library. I am not sure how did I resolved it but it was whole a headache. Apart from that, there is nothing that important that can I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggested this library to my Junior batch who are currently working on Audio signal processing using Python. Also, for my current Bachelor thesis, I am using this library. My guide and their research scholars are planning to have an introductory session for this.

Pydub review by <span>Dimitris P.</span>
Dimitris P.

An overall positive review of Pydub

What do you like best?

The interface with the pretty straight forward API, support (through ffmpeg) of virtually any audio format

What do you dislike?

High memory consumption for large audio files, dependency on ffmpeg makes installation tricky some times, especially on linux where the situation with libav does not help either

Need for transformation to wav files is also a negative as it makes the process slower for more commonly found audio files (e.g mp3s)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to use Pydub as it's a cool library, but in production make sure you don't exhaust the resources of your system

Pydub review by <span>Darshan C.</span>
Darshan C.

PyDub is a useful utility

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it has a very simple API. Opening and editing files is simple. The program is fast enough.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it the fact that the entire song is loaded in memory. This can cause problems if it is a large song. Sometimes for eg, I just might wish to remove the first 10 secs of the song and don't need to load the entire song in memory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with it, the example given in the readme is useful.

Pydub review by <span>Abdullah .</span>
Abdullah .

A good representation of how good Pythonic code can be

What do you like best?

- Pythonic

- Open Source

- Great Documentation

- Inspiring : I have written a lot of code using concepts that have been implemented here. A good representation of how good Pythonic code is

- Most of all, I use it regularly for exporting any audio segments.

What do you dislike?

- Nothing, but I have not had to use many of the advanced features it offers

Recommendations to others considering the product

If not for your day to day work, use it to learn good pythonic code

Learning about Pydub?

* We monitor all Pydub reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.