Pyramid

Enterprise-grade, self-service Business Intelligence platform that puts the power of machine learning and analytics into the hands of every user, from expert analyst to business executive to IT professional.

Work for Pyramid?

Learning about Pyramid?

Pyramid Reviews

Ask Pyramid a Question
Showing 2 Pyramid reviews
Pyramid review by <span>Michael W.</span>
Michael W.

Confused

What do you like best?

I had a need to review data on a regular basis in my current role. Pyramid is used at my institution to display information stored in our BB data warehouse. I really like the reporting features provided by Pyramid as well as its many drilling and dicing features.

What do you dislike?

First, it is not intuitive, if anything, far from it. Also, though I typically appreciate have many features in a program, sometimes this hurts as it creates a product that can be challenging and confusing. For instance, although I like the "stories" and "dashboard" features, I am still unsure as to how to use them or where to begin as I think it might be above my pay grade. So, while there are many options like those in this feature rich product, it is definitely not for your everyday user. In fact, I was just in a meeting where one of the Pyramid power users in my organization was talking about how they use it throughout the day every day and he feels like they are just now scratching the surface (despite having used it for the last 1..5 years). To me, that is too long of a scratching period and all too indicative of the learning curve of this product.

Trying to make data informed decisions throughout our organization. This product has helped us automate some of our reporting features. Pyramid is also allowing people to have access to report generation that may not have had access before.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pyramid
Pyramid review by User in Higher Education

Robust Tool Once Understood

What do you like best?

Pyramid offers a chance to delve into the deepest levels of data at your institution or organization. Any point of data can be considered a variable within the system. I manage a course program at a 4-year university and utilize this to track performance in the courses and to find out more information about the students that take them.

What do you dislike?

Pyramid suffers from issues that occur at our institution concerning definition of terms. For example, what constitutes a registered student? That can differ from office to office. It took me some time to get used to the Pyramid interface and to understand how to find what I was looking for.

We have a mine of useful data but formerly had no tool available to extract it for the average daily user. i can now generate my own reports and discover new opportunities to look at data that I had not seen before.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of Pyramid for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Tableau Desktop Logo
Tableau Desktop
Tableau Desktop lets you drag & drop to analyze data. You can connect to data in a few clicks, visualize and create interactive dashboards with a few more.
Chartio Logo
Chartio
Chartio is a powerful business intelligence tool that anyone can use
SAP Crystal Logo
SAP Crystal
With SAP Crystal, you can create powerful, richly formatted, dynamic reports from virtually any data source, delivered in dozens of formats, in up to 24 languages.
Zoho Reports Logo
Zoho Reports
Zoho Reports is a powerful, easy-to-use and highly scalable cloud-based reporting and business intelligence platform for small to medium-sized businesses. Its flexible pay-as-you-go pricing model and scope for customization allow businesses to tailor it to their unique needs.
Alteryx Logo
Alteryx
Alteryx provides Strategic Analytics & Agile BI for companies making strategic business decisions using a variety of data sources. Data artisans unite.
Qlik Sense Logo
Qlik Sense
Qlik Sense is a revolutionary self-service data visualization and discovery application designed for individuals, groups and organizations.
Microsoft Power BI Desktop Logo
Microsoft Power BI Desktop
Power BI Desktop is part of the Power BI product suite. Use Power BI Desktop to create and distribute BI content. To monitor key data and share dashboards and reports, use the Power BI web service. To view and interact with your data on any mobile device, get the Power BI Mobile app on the AppStore, Google Play or the Microsoft Store. To embed stunning, fully interactive reports and visuals into your applications use Power BI Embedded
Datawatch Logo
Datawatch
The data intelligence solutions provider that will fuel your business. Only Datawatch can confidently position individuals and organizations to master all data – no matter the origin, format or narrative – resulting in faster time to insight, driving the use of more data, fostering more trust and incorporating more minds into analytics and reporting projects.
JMP Logo
JMP
JMP combines powerful statistics with dynamic graphics, in memory and on the desktop. Its interactive and visual paradigm enables JMP to reveal insights that are impossible to gain from raw tables of numbers or static graphs.
Einstein Analytics Logo
Einstein Analytics
Business intelligence software for the everyday business user. Unlock the power of your Salesforce data with Wave Analytics.

Learn more about Pyramid

Pyramid Downloads

Learning about Pyramid?

* We monitor all Pyramid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.