PyroCMS

PyroCMS is an easy to use, abstracted, and modular CMS built using Laravel.

Work for PyroCMS?

Learning about PyroCMS?

PyroCMS Reviews

Ask PyroCMS a Question
Showing 13 PyroCMS reviews
PyroCMS review by Luisana S.
Luisana S.

"My experience with PyroCMS"

What do you like best?

It seems to me that the best thing about PyroCMS is that it is very intuitive and easy to use to manage content on a website of different topics. They have many easy-to-use options that allow a person with little experience to master it quickly and without problems. I think this is important because in other tools that are not easy to use, users end up abandoning them.

I always recommend it or use it for this reason. It's great.

What do you dislike?

It seems to me that what I do not like so much is the interface or the design of the interface. I think it could be improved, maybe with some colors or in the layout.

For the rest I think it's pretty good and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend PyroCMS for those developments where the client is frequently changing its content or wherever a dynamic platform with multiple functionalities is wanted. It is very easy to use. I recommend it 100%. Of course everything depends on the development or the objectives that are wanted in a project.

PyroCMS has allowed us to create websites where the same clients manage their content and make all the modifications they want, without waiting for an expert in the area to help them. This helps us to have more satisfied customers with our products and developments.

It really has been a marvel with the clients to whom we have implemented them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PyroCMS
PyroCMS review by William .
William .

"PyroCMS - not only the best CMS. It's a terrific web development platform!"

What do you like best?

I am one of the co-founders of Pixney AB. We are known to be a high quality digital agency in Sweden. We’ve had our eyes on PyroCMS ever since it became known it was being rebuilt on Laravel.

Normally we love working with Laravel when developing web projects. When PyroCMS was finally released back in 2016, we threw ourselves out there to test it out carefully and to make sure it lived up to our high standards.

Besides the quality of the code, we had some known qualities from another CMS that we just had to have. In Pyro, they are called field types. They allow you to attach different kind of fields to a page. It could be a simple input field, image field or more complex fields like google maps where you are able to set locations through the google maps api.

This kind of functionality is a must have, when developing flexible websites being easily editable by admins. As well as allowing our professional designers to have creative freedom, to design the best possible websites to our clients.

While testing it out, we also discovered that PyroCMS is not only a great cms. It's a terrific development platform when you need to develop extra features,functionality or web applications.

The single one reason we love PyroCMS, is the true dedication by lead developer Ryan Thompson. Join their channel at slack (http://pyrocms.slack.com) and be surprised. When we first entered, we were personally greeted within an hour andasked questions about our experience, what we were looking for and he helped us get started. He is available 24/7, solving bugs, adding features and listening to the community how to improve the cms further.

What do you dislike?

Even though the PyroCMS team is working really hard at providing instructional videos, documentation and tutorials. Documentation is a work in progress. This is an area i feel could improve. At the same time, i am very happy with the speed it is improving though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend it. But when it comes to these systems, it's down to your own preferences. I would recommend that you give it a go, and you will most likely realise all the benefits. Just like i did!

To be honest, we are able to use other tools to solve our problems. But with PyroCMS we are able to do it faster and more cost effective than with other competitors out there. It has never been this easy to deliver the high quality standard products we are known to deliver.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

PyroCMS review by Carson S.
Carson S.

"Best CMS on the Market!"

What do you like best?

It is built on a very popular php framework Laravel and is VERY extensible. It has the versatility to launch simple sites with ease and build the most robust web applications. It is the most dev friendly CMS with everything you need out of the box to develop quickly and efficiently. I could not imagine going to another CMS after being with PYRO. I have used Word Press, Expression Engine, Craft, Joomla and Drupal but nothing has the flexibility and quality that PyroCMS has to offer. Everything about Pyro CMS is well thought out from the control panel design to the structure of the codebase. The two are a reflection of each other that make developing themes and modules for this control panel very straightforward. I love revealing the Pyro control panel to clients after it has been customized for them and their website to easily manage their site with confidence.

What do you dislike?

No real complaints so far! The latest version that is rebuilt from the ground up on native Laravel so the community and addons are few in numbers at the time of this review, but the future is bright for the PYRO CMS community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth looking into! The pyrocms.com website is very developer oriented, but don't let this intimidate you! This software is crafted for the developer, designer and administrators of the website. Overall the best experience i've ever had with a content management system.

Pyro CMS sites are capable of powering any type of website from e-commerce to very advance portal and administration tools for businesses that saves money on other software bills while receiving custom web software made just for the business. Pyro can handle anything you throw at it!

PyroCMS review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Awesome out-of-the-box and developer friendly CMS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the admin panel, ease of customization. The learning curve for developers is fast if you're familiar with Laravel. Great friendly community that's always willing to help in real time at slack (sometimes you can get help directly from the PyroCMS creator). This CMS will save hundreds of hours reinventing the wheel or trying to create a custom CMS, it's free as in beer and super extensively. You can create everything you need with it.

What do you dislike?

Lack of documentation. You'll find it, but since the community is still small you're forced to ask in slack rather to find the solution on the forums or StackOverflow. Sometimes answers are outdated. Videos are kind of outdated too. I get that the community is 100% advocated to the CMS development and that documentation is a low priority issue but in order to engage a broader audience this is a must.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join the slack channel, it's a must.

Serveral custom CMS for our clients. I've saved hundreds of ours trying to reinvent the wheel. Clients are super happy with the CMS, it looks professional, and offers tons of features out of the box. Programming wise, something that you can create from scratch in 1 month you can create it with PyroCMS in a week or less.

PyroCMS review by John H.
John H.

"The Best CMS for Developers & End Users"

What do you like best?

PyroCMS was always the most flexible CMS on the market with ease of development at the forefront making custom modules easy to create and a fantastically fast dev cycle. With the latest incarnation, PyroCMS 3.0 everything has been supercharged. The CMS now runs on Laravel and harnesses the power of the framework with endless possibilities for development, super flexibility and super fast coding.

What do you dislike?

With the latest version of Pyro (3.0) the entire CMS has been rewritten with the core principles in mind and with very close collaboration with the dev community and end users, so I can honestly say I dislike nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. If you don't love it immediately, then head over to the very active community. The latest version is very new, and has limited addons available but it's so easy to create your own customisations (with very little PHP knowledge) that it's a sin not to try.

I use Pyro for development of websites both large and small and across industries. For smaller sites, it's ideal and has a fast core. For larger sites, the flexibility really shows through and it's quick and easy to create complex custom modules without touching the core, and without the restraints I've found with other systems.

PyroCMS review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Overall PyroCMS has been a useful tool for us, but it has been a struggle sometimes to use it."

What do you like best?

It's customizable and has a lot of features to go through

What do you dislike?

Using only PHP, small fixes require a lot of work when trying to dive down into the file system

The blog plugin was a really nice to have and we didn't have to use another site/program to install a blog.

PyroCMS review by Toni H.
Toni H.

"PyroCMS is CMS that suitable with my CodeIgniter skill"

What do you like best?

It is CodeIgniter based (version 2.x.x) and so I have expertise in CodeIgniter. With it I can create almost any web project easily and fast. I also like stream module that cut off about 60% basic tasks.

What do you dislike?

I currently can't migrate stream structure from local development to online production server automaticaly. But thanks to the new Laravel based PyroCMS that problem is now done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PyroCMS is suitable especially if you are a PHP programmer that already familiar with CodeIgniter or Laravel framework

I have done so many web project and some data collection project that can be done fast with stream module.

PyroCMS review by Edward M.
Edward M.

"Great potential for V3 when released"

What do you like best?

Use of laravel and MVC. Pyro streams is an awesome framework for building websites.

What do you dislike?

New version has not been fully released yet and still needs some documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Community smaller than Wordpress, but if you care about the code in your product and don't want to maintain a stack of plugins, PyroCMS is a great choice.

Rapid scaffolding and prototyping of projects.

PyroCMS review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Meh"

What do you like best?

Its a simple application to get up and running and simple to add new modules. However, I only thing this is a feasible CMS for non enterprise applications or personal use

What do you dislike?

Not great for complicated enterprise applications - feels like it would not scale well.

None whatsoever

PyroCMS review by Jose Luis F.
Jose Luis F.

"Outstanding Developer Experience"

What do you like best?

Rapid Application Development, there are a lot of boring tasks already automated.

What do you dislike?

Lack of documentation as it is still in Beta 3

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need very Strong OOP bases and Laravel Bases

I can get a website up and running in a very good framework (laravel) with really small effort.

PyroCMS review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.

"Pyro CMS Review"

What do you like best?

Customization on the backend of the product

What do you dislike?

Documentation is lacking currently and is still in beta

No Comment

PyroCMS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best PHP CMS for Developers"

What do you like best?

modular structure, themable, production ready

What do you dislike?

rigid templating engine, Phil's Un necessary comments 😈

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it a try if you are looking for custom CMS solution for php

generally costumers require custom CMS with ultra custom modules, unlike WordPress, PyroCMS can be hacked in lowerevel, especially the CodeIgniter framework.

PyroCMS review by User

"Decent CMS that you can customize"

What do you like best?

We have a lot of needs that most CMS's don't have so it was nice to add new features easily.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to find where specific code is located.

The main benefit of using Pyro over other CMS's is that it's customizable and there is a decent community to try and figure out problems.

Learning about PyroCMS?

* We monitor all PyroCMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.