Q Research Software

Q is data analysis and reporting software primarily for market researchers. It performs all aspects of the analysis and reporting, from data cleaning and coding through to creating tables and advanced analyses, exporting to Office and creating online reports.

Work for Q Research Software?
Ibm spss modeler 2x

Learning about Q Research?

Q Research Software Reviews

Ask Q Research a Question
Showing 19 Q Research reviews
Q Research review by <span>Conor B.</span>
Conor B.

It just does what you need, faster and better than you could imagine

What do you like best?

It's not SPSS. I've tried more or less the full set of survey analysis tools - from the basic cross tab tools like Survey Reporter and MarketSight to the infinitely more complex and powerful R, and of course the standard SPSS which tries to do both and fails at doing either. Q is much better than all of them for the vast majority of tasks in survey analysis.

It's just very clear from the beginning that Q was designed to do what you expect a survey analysis tool to do, to the point where everything else looks clunky and unusable. It's especially well built for tracking studies (or similar projects with different iterations i.e. a repeat among a different audience, or a different attempt at the same research question), but it is great for complex one-off studies too.

Data cleaning, data transformation, data design, data analysis, data outputs - all much better than their competitors, with the exception of R and data analysis. And since Q integrated R into its platform it blows everything else out of the water. The best thing in truth is probably how it links up with Excel and PowerPoint - you can basically watch it do the job of a Research Assistant, quicker and more accurately, right in front of your eyes with a couple of clicks. But it's all great.

What do you dislike?

The visualisations are seriously retro. If the guys that run Q and Displayr can nail that part of things down - making the default chart templates look clean and professional, while giving the advanced visualisations a genuine wow factor - then they're on track to being the industry standard.

As it is they are the best out there but data vis is the direction the industry is going in, and so far none of the survey analysis tools have been able to do it well - including Q. I'd be uncomfortable sharing them with anyone in my own company never mind with clients.

You can do some really cool things in R but you need serious technical knowledge to do so. The best thing about Q is it's designed to make everything you need easily accessible. Soon enough data vis will go from being a nice to have to an absolute essential and I hope the folks here lead the charge!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you spend even a few hours a week looking at survey data, and you already pay for any other specialist software to do so, it's time to switch. This will free up your time to do the fun parts of survey analysis, and it'll make those fun parts more reliable, more accessible and more powerful for anyone that subsequently uses the data.

Ultimately it just allows you to share your data with more people, more easily, and provide them with a better version of it. Which subsequently means they can spend more time thinking about and executing more interesting things, to derive real insight and drive decisions. It alone elevates the value of any research conducted via surveys, and research is as valuable as ever.

It's improved everything from efficiency to transparency to quality in the survey analysis element of my role. Surveys are still used too often in the industry for my liking, but that is the reality, and Q is simply the best for it. It gets rid of so many of the mundane components of survey analysis from data checking to data inputting, on a huge scale.

Without Q about 40% of my workload would be very manual, mundane data checking processes, and inevitably some of it would be wrong. Q cuts that down to about 10% and the accuracy and transparency in the process is much higher. That time is then spent thinking about bigger things - what data do we need, how can we extract the most value out of it and how can it be shared best with the people who need it most. Most of which Q helps with too. Which then leaves a bit more time for free-form thinking and innovative solutions on a larger scale, which is more valuable than ever.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Q Research Software
Q Research review by <span>Olivia C.</span>
Olivia C.

Excellent analysis Software

What do you like best?

It is just so quick and easy to use ... it's very easy to set up tables, it's easy to conduct tracking studies, run multivariate analysis, export data (which is in a format that can easily be used by our chart system). it's not hard to learn to use, and if I do have a question, there is plenty of supporting documentation (e.g. online training, the wiki, and the support team are all terrific). It's just a very flexible tool. We've been using Q for many years, I couldn't bear to go back to SPSS now.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a single thing ... I'm only writing more because the system is insisting on 40 characters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it

We are a full service agency and conduct almost all our quantitative analysis using Q. It's very useful, not only for conducting the analysis, but allowing other team members to QA the results.

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

Q Research review by <span>Busi V.</span>
Busi V.

Best data manipulation software

What do you like best?

The Q software is absolutely amazing, it allows for quick and easy data processing and analysis. Far better than any other software I’ve used in my 10 years in research.

Again, the software has multiple features to prevent errors and streamline data manipulation.

What do you dislike?

Making small edits to data tends to be a winding process, but the security of avoiding unintended data edits is well worth it especially because we share project files with multiple users internally. An additional data editing module would be a nice bonus

Q Research Software speeds up our data manipulation and analysis process and guarantees high-quality data outputs. The software allows us to seamlessly conduct advanced statistical analysis. We're confident that Q is constantly innovating and enabling us with the latest capabilities in data analysis.

Q Research review by <span>Aveek M.</span>
Aveek M.

Q makes enables you to become a hands on data analyst!

What do you like best?

Have been using Q for the past 4 years and absolutely love it as an analysis tool. We started with one user license in Nielsen and soon realised the tremendous potential benefit of having Q for our associates in client servicing. It helped them to be more productive, reduced cycle time of projects, eliminated back and forth with the data processing and analysis teams. Q is extremely user friendly and quite intuitive to use. Using Q the teams were able to gain deeper insights from the data. It was helpful not only in delivering greater value to our clients, but also to internally among our teams. The Q training and support teams are really proactive and are every ready to help resolving queries and problems quickly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike about Q. Its only certain data formats are not supported and hence its a good idea to have the survey data map aligned with the Q data structures.

Q is a great tool for doing primary and advance multivariate analysis in a simple and fast manner. It helps teams to work more productively bringing down the cycle time of research projects. The tool is easy to learn and people can be trained quite quickly. By enabling teams to do advanced analysis to gain deeper insights of the data, it added tremendous value to our clients. Its one of the best data analysis tool to work with.

Q Research review by <span>Karina S.</span>
Karina S.

I LOVE this tool!

What do you like best?

I've been using Q at various capacities for about 6 years. It's easy to use and it saves me TIME! Before Q, my biggest gripe was the amount of time it took to create a simple matrix (grid). Unless I bought an add-on module for another tool, i'd have to create my matrix the long way, and then recreate it if I had updates in my data! With Q, a matrix is only a few clicks away. Even better, Q often realizes what I need on it's own when I Ioad the data for a new project.

Other loves:

* The Wik!!

* Great customer support

* Intuitive and easy to use

* Q-Reader for higher ups to view data but not get too into the weeds

* Ability to download and update to Microsoft products. The table of contents feature for excel is a favorite at my organization.

* Automated scripts -- I once had a problem with my data (caused by a glitch in the survey tool) that I'd never encountered before and Q had already developed script to fix it!

I could go on.....

What do you dislike?

Very little that i dislike and I've been able to find a work-around for those things. Any pain points I've had, I've communicated to them and they've either a) suggested an alternative, b) added them to the list of potential items to address in an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trial - what do you have to lose? I promise you'll love it!

I currently work for a non-profit, so fund are tight. One division was ready to spend a hefty amount of money to pay someone to generate cross-tabs and do some analysis because their project manager was concerned she wouldn't have the time or the know-how to do them herself with her current tool. I loaded her data in Q and showed her how quickly she could do all she needed - she almost burst into tears! The company saved the money it would've spent on the analyst, the project manager obtained a Q license, and she was able to produce everything she wanted (and more) with Q.

Q Research review by <span>Evelyn C.</span>
Evelyn C.

A great table creator with top of the line Statistical analysis

What do you like best?

The table creation interface is really easy to learn. The in-built tutorials are good, but you can get a long way just from using common sense. With a bit more practice you can master creating new variables. It always lets you know if there is something that is a bit 'off' in what you have specified, so you can go back and check.

It makes Regressions, Latent Class Analysis and Correspondence maps really easily.

The software is well designed, and really suited to a market research environment.

Anytime I have used the help desk, the response is quick, personal and helpful.

I really enjoy using Q.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes updates have had changes that I have to stumble upon, or a feature tha I had gotten use to using, and was using as a 'hack' has been removed, (such as the way it used to create banners). I have to find new ways around it. It would be nice if the updates allowed the old style as well as the new style. But I have always been resistant to change, so this is probably more about me, than about Q.

We are able to provide advanced analysis four our clients - Regressions, Segmentations and Correspondence maps.

Learning about Q Research Software?

* We monitor all Q Research Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.