- Easy and intuitive interface
- Plugs into any existing data warehouse, or can connect directly to numerous data sources
- Large variety of visualizations available
- fully customizable interface
- ability to deploy in the cloud / hosted solution
- Ability to create feature rich scorecards and dashboards
- Great geospatial integration
- Ability to create macros for automation
- Steep learning curve with tools
- Macros added to QlikView not execute in the QlikView Console automation - they can only be executed manually.
- Doesn't seem like the company is listening much to customers, but each release does bring new useful features
- Old windows style development IDE with poor debugging capabilities
- Native reporting capabilities can be improved
- Confusing licensing model
Ask questions and play around to get yourself familiarize with the tool and use the plug-in. The forums are helpful and the plug-ins are useful and helps avoid recreating the wheel. This is an incredible tool to modernize and revolutionize the way you do BI.
Like any other analytics tool, Qlikview is really good at showing and allowing users to explore data quickly and easily. If you give them access to bad data is it surface quickly.
Evaluated Qlik for building a data warehouse solution for a medium enterprise. The problems being solved would be ad-hoc and self-serve reporting - dashboarding - scorecard creation - and executive reporting.