QlikView

The QlikView Business Discovery platform delivers self-service business intelligence to empower business users and drive innovative decision making.

Work for QlikView?

Learning about QlikView?

QlikView Reviews

Showing 167 QlikView reviews
QlikView review by Lynn O.
Lynn O.

"Free and good for visualilzation "

What do you like best?

It's ability to uncover data pattern/trend and it's allowance for real-time collaboration. Qlikview also allows you to search for the type of data results that you want and it immediately shows the relationships of the data. Pretty great feature when you want to know what you data means or has any hidden pattern that you should know. And It's free for personal use.

What do you dislike?

You need to put some effort in formatting options to make them presentable, unlike Tableau's drag-drop logic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty good software. It's free for personal use so you can try it before making any purchase. You can use it to work offline if you have access to your data. It can uncover the pattern of your data by using search box, which is a really great feature. Formatting options will take some effort as it's not like Tableau where you can drag-drop the graphs as you like.

I am using it to show production and manufacturing data. It makes making presentation easy, fast, and easy for management to understand.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QlikView
QlikView review by Alana D.
Alana D.

"Easy! "

What do you like best?

Qlik applications are easy to use, even for those who don't work with data often. They are also easy to customize if you have the right person designing them. The data can be displayed in the most basic format or it can be extremely visually appealing.

One of the best features is how easily data can be transferred from the applications to Microsoft Excel.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the amount of data in the application and what internet browser you are using, it could be slow. It works best with Google Chrome, from my experience.

If you need to do calculations with the data, you will need to export it into Excel, Google drive, or into another software. I haven't been able to make calculations within Qlik.

Because most people within my company do not know how code is written, there is a team that builds out the data by working with business partners.It would be nice if the build out could be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to make sure that you have someone on the team that is able to write code. It can get tricky if you aren't proficient. You will also need to consider how frequently you need the data refreshed.

We are able to make data available to a large audience so they can access the specific metrics they need.This allows business partners to have access to the data that they need without having to work with the mainframe.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

QlikView review by Administrator

"Excellent for Business Intelligence and data insights"

What do you like best?

The fact that QlikView Desktop software is free is what I like the most. It offers an all-features versión for free and yo can develop anything you want for your data, all connectivities are available, so you can connect from an flat file to SQL or Oracle databases.

It is a great tool for those who are experts in BI or even for newbbies who want to interact with data.

What do you dislike?

From a Server-Licensed user, what I dislike is the cost of CAL licenses and what end-users can do with that, it is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent BI Software, it's very versatile, and can be connected to may different sources, if you go for the server edition, be sure how many licenses will be needed in order to have the right people with the right info.

We now can analyze data, we are a banking organization, so data insights is a key feature for business, thanks to QlikView, we can analyze, from past-due loans to customer profiles.

QlikView review by Paul N.
Paul N.

"Excellent Intuitive product"

What do you like best?

Allows for providing fast & innovative business intelligence interfaces and solutions, with a vast active, helpful online community. Makes data source knitting and data source discovery an exciting issue. handles very large datasets very well. Free fully functional personal edition makes it easy to get started.

The company Qlik is a very well respected company in the analytical world.

What do you dislike?

Initial steep learning curve to get up to speed. More design guidance to ensure best data modelling practices are being adhered to would be very helpful - I found it a bit live and learn based initially until i found some good guidance notes on their online community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the fully functional personal edition and see what it can do. Explore the vast and helpful online community.

We're a typical media company - until recently each department had a tendency to do a lot of unstandardised ad-hoc data collection and over time data has become very fragmented across many different systems and platforms. QlikView has enabled us to knit these various sources together to create a single customer view that can help drive sales and marketing to better user targeting.

QlikView review by User

"Sistema para informes y estadísticas de gestión, análisis de datos"

What do you like best?

Sistema muy potente que se integra con gran cantidad de sistemas. En nuestro caso se conecta a base de datos Adabas a través de servicios web. Los paneles permiten una gran cantidad de configuraciones. Muestra los datos tanto en forma tabular como en formato gráfico

What do you dislike?

En general se necesita personal experimentado para su configuración y puesta en funcionamiento, así como un contrato de mantenimiento. Cuando debe manejar una gran cantidad de datos el sistema se vuelve un poco inestable y actúa con lentitud. La multitud de opciones de configuración a veces puede agobiar al usuario final.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contratar soporte y mantenimiento ya que la configuración puede ser compleja y pueden surgir problemas a lo largo del ciclo de vida del producto

Análisis de datos y control de operaciones en la tramitación interna de la empresa. Toma de decisiones a largo y medio plazo

QlikView review by John M.
John M.

"A great tool to analyze your business"

What do you like best?

the quickness and flexibility of the software allows us to build any report we need and the gives us the ability to drill down into the data to find gaps, strengths and weaknesses.

What do you dislike?

For the main QlickView product it can be confusing sometimes if you don't know what you are doing and have not played around with the software a lot. Adding dimensions, metrics and attributes can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you partner with a good implementation team to help you build out your data models, it is very important that your data is aligned properly and validated thoroughly.

QlickView allows us to anaylze our data and points outs gaps in it. We can get dig down very deep to see what is selling and what is not, what is trending and what needs to be pushed more.

QlikView review by Prashanth R.
Prashanth R.

"Qlikview feedback"

What do you like best?

Qlikview is an addition to my skill set. I have been extensively working on various other BI Tools like MicroStrategy and Tableau as well. Visualizations are nice and easy. users can quickly get started on the reporting front and build visualizations from data linked to external data sources, enterprise databases and Big data environments.

What do you dislike?

The User Interface experience lacks appealing as compared to other BI Tools. Qlikview is more for a developer role since they build the visualizations and the end users access them with less ability to change or modify them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qlikview is more useful for power users or developers who built the visualizations and allow end users to access them for analytics. Qlikview is not a self service Business intelligence tool where users can create their own visualizations from scratch.

I'm resolving by converting complex data files into appealing visualizations and table reports which is giving a lot of flexibility for end users to understand the data better and get quality inputs for making better business decisions.

QlikView review by Cameron R.
Cameron R.

"Great potential, lots of support required"

What do you like best?

The potential, capabilities and abilities are great and help in day to day operations for quick access.

What do you dislike?

Requires a large support team to keep the daily apps updated and supported for the team to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QlikView requires full time dedicated team to support the platform for daily use and updating reports on a daily basis.

lack of common technical expertise across the business prevents employees from gaining access to data and information on company software. QlikView allows the company to push this information to the employees that needs it and reduces duplicated reports from being pulled everyday.

QlikView review by Avneesh K.
Avneesh K.

"Super drill-down tool for huge data sets"

What do you like best?

1. Customisable interface

2. Doesn't require much training for basic+ usage

What do you dislike?

It's really easy to go into information-overload with all the options available!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

It's a good tool for business users who need to regularly carry out in depth analyses from large data sets.

For us, it's a great way to make our data available to clients in the way they need to see it. And given the generally simple interface, it's easy to get them to use the tool with minimum training.

We need to be able to provide in-depth analysis of statistics to some of our clients, and Qlikview enables us to do this quickly, consistently and reliably.

QlikView review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Qlik is streaming lining our metrics and data across departments"

What do you like best?

I like that all our metrics and data can now be found in one place. Qlik does a great job of pulling in reports from other software and displaying it in an easy to use and view format. I also like how secure it is. We deal with secure info and knowing Qlik has a dbl step security measure for us gives me peace of mind.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes loading can take awhile. And if I pull up a report and it's inaccurate I don't have anyway of knowing unless I check the original report. This seldom happens though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource for a growing company. It does take some fine tuning and if you're prepared for that and put in the work you'll love it! It's a great software to really make your own.

Since our company experienced a 66% growth in one year we needed a one stop shop for the many reports and metrics we have. Without losing data and little effort we were able to convert to this platform. I'm still learning all of the difference features it has like exporting and importing and report guidelines.

QlikView review by Erin C.
Erin C.

"Easy to use, easy to administer"

What do you like best?

With a couple days of training, I was able to create and modify charts for my company as an admin. Trends in our data can be easily identified, tracked, and reported. Business users in all areas of the company can use this tool.

What do you dislike?

Data is not real-time. We do nightly refreshes. It was difficult for us to determine how to lock down the data that passes from our ERP to QlikView in the nightly refreshes - this process took some effort from our IT team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend doing the training in person if possible. You're going to be able to use this tool properly if you can separate yourself from your normal daily routine long enough to focus on the training.

We are able to get traditional Finance data out to the field so they can identify trends and opportunities quickly. Salespeople in the field now have one place to go to check progress against quota, and they don't have to contact Finance.

QlikView review by Keri R.
Keri R.

"I don't know how any business functions without Qlikview"

What do you like best?

I was introduced to Qlikview about 3 years ago by someone who was using the free version. It is great that they offer a real genuine way to try out their software. The only limitation is that you are the only user that can use the dashboards you develop in the free version. I like that Qlikview allows us to connect to multiple data sources easily. We use SQL, mySQL, Excel Files and qvds. I like that it helps figure out the relationships between the data tables, but still allows you the freedom to combine the sources anyway you need to. I like that you can apply all kinds of formulas to every element in a dashboard. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but you don't have to be a programmer to do great things with it. Their user base is incredible online. You can learn all kinds of tips and tricks to accomplish your objectives.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Qlikview. I wish you could convert a table to a chart or pivot chart without rebuilding it. You get to the point where you just use charts all the time, but it bites you a few times when you are new to the product. I'd love for Qlik to make it easier to use their software to write data as well as read it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for free. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

We have all kinds of dashboards for accounting, purchasing, production, executives, sales, shipping etc. We have brought together so many data sources, which has allowed us to discontinue the use of a lot of miscellaneous Access applications and Crystal Reports. Qlikview is a great way to harness all the data collected without spending a lot of time writing your own SQL queries.

QlikView review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Qlikview 12 Review "

What do you like best?

We enjoy the flexibility of the ability to combine data sources, giving the users power to create complex reports without relying on the IT department. The dashboards - when programmed correctly make it easy to see information at a glance.

What do you dislike?

Cost is a big factor for us. At a cost of around £800 per named licence its not cheap.

And the server needs a lot of RAM allocated and thus eats a lot of resource on the VM host

Qlikview is a powerful BI tool - We use to generate multiple reports. Our daily reports get generated overnight and emailed to the intended recipients ready for use each weekday morning.

We also publish reports via MI that allow our customers to pick predefined reports from our data to help us better work together

QlikView review by Johnathan L.
Johnathan L.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I really like the ase of which it is to use the platform, especially for creating dashboards. Also, that I can have multiplen data sources which let me integrate them intoone dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It can be pretty expensive which makes it hard to justify to the accounting types. Also, on occassion I have had some perfrmance issues in termsof speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it is easy touse. I would suggest going through the tutorials and getting an understanding of the different functions.I was able to self-learn but I could have saved sometimeif only I was a little more patient initially.

Have a lot of different systems which I needed to create dashboards against. By using QlikView i could get most of the systems to pull data from and then manipulate the data to create dashboards. It was pretty fast once I had the data coming in.

QlikView review by Vinh L.
Vinh L.

"QlikView for analysing data in the business"

What do you like best?

To analyse the data from many sources then drawing the chart quickly. It is convenient for presentation.

The graphic interface is friendly, there are many templates and chart types to drawing the multiple chart.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to download from qlik website, I hope they will improve the website to download more easy and quickly.

To analyse the data from many sources from users, then drawing the chart. Every one look the chart and know the trend of production. It is easy to understand. The good features is attached to email from program, it is every convenient.

QlikView review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Quality Dashboards and Charts"

What do you like best?

I like that QlikView can be customized by programmers to provide existing and new reports and analytics to minimize now non-value-added data downloading and formatting for regular reporting.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the QlikView self service dashboard user interface as it is very crowded with variables and charts, and if simplified and had automated guidance to users, it would be more utilized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The simpler and more guided you can make self service reporting and dashboards on the platform, the more likely all users will spend quality time analyzing and understanding their job activities.

We are solving the issues of data analytics and self service dashboards and reports for leaders across our global organization, losing less time on data inquiries and thus spending more time on projects and actions.

QlikView review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Visual sales tool"

What do you like best?

The graphs and charts are very clear ways of monitoring the Top 10 customers, top sales terroties, top salesman, top items, and other key sales analysis.

What do you dislike?

With too much information, it can be difficult to view everything on one page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This really can be a great way of analysising sales.

We used Qlik View to identify what our top selling items were, by turnover and margin. A benefit of this, is that we could focus more on these items, whilst also trying to boost sales and profitablilty of the under-performing ones.

QlikView review by Felix Maximiliano O.
Felix Maximiliano O.

"Probably the best BI platform around."

What do you like best?

I love how you can build so many different experiences and easily upscale your BI experience. QV has great designer capabilities that make it great for communicating the right numbers at the right time to the right people.

What do you dislike?

I would like for them to include all the features without having to pay for additional licenses when trying to also include Document Publishing and auto-email reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The data model is the important moment of design.

With such a platform you can create the common understanding that all the Functional Areas require so that communication between silos (yes, there are data siloes in your company too) is easier.

QlikView review by Simon B.
Simon B.

"Over 2 years experience implenenting Qlikview - Open and Honest Review"

What do you like best?

Discovery aspect of user visibility of data which is not included in their current selection. Ease of Publishing reports to web. High speed filtering of wide long datasets.

What do you dislike?

Doc Cal licensing encourages development of poorly formed reports with lots of tabs and chart objects, loosely coupled around which users use them, rather than specific reports for certain business areas, which would cost more to license as a user might need 5 doc cals instead of one.Scripting language uses its own names for common data programming features. High reliance on User base / community to answer problems. Scripting based language is not intuitive to debug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

although they can do you a very rapid demo to show cool stuff, please bear in mind that qlikvie has a steep learning curve if you are new to it, and that it takes considerable research to get to learn the best roadmap for QV dat management and enironment administartion. find a reliable qv consultancy to help with your implementation, folder strucutres, architecture and development plan.

Displaying up to the minute data on dashboards on screens in the office, providing filterable versions, looking into broadcasting a single report to multiple copies for different deprartments to make their own data visible.

QlikView review by Sue P.
Sue P.

"Excellent BI / Dashboard / everything software!"

What do you like best?

How easily it can connect to back end databases of all types. Thru scripting, it allows you to scrub data and create the necessary sort and selections fields even when there are weaknesses in the tables (missing fields).

A company looking for good BI software can download a free copy and do a proof of concept, all on their own, at zero cost. There are hundreds of YouTube videos to show you how to do everything along with extensive help and examples on the QlikView site. You can go into a project 100% sure of completion.

It is a very powerful tool!

What do you dislike?

The macros that you can add in the qvw's do not execute in the QlikView Console automation...only manually. A real flaw. Example: want to export a CSV file of a table in the qvw. This is about 3 lines of code in the macro screen. So easy. But the software won't execute macros with the console automation.

They know about it, and to my knowledge, are doing nothing about it.

I use nPrinting to accomplish this (but had to buy the software)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the web site, download the free version and play with it. You will be amazed at the possibilities.

if you need to know how to do something, google it. There are several very good books on how to use the software also.

Heck I would use it for home budgeting and spend analysis if you don't own a business.

You will need to know a little SQL for the load scripting and be able to do complex expressions if you have complex calculations.

Everything you can think of.

We used it to migrate data from old software systems to new ones. So if you are getting ready for a migration, write all the outputs for tables the way you need the new fields to be with the new field names...use the files to test, then on the day of migration, just run all the jobs and import.

We link SQL, Mongo, XML, Excel tables from all sources including the web; rename files, scrub and display for any type of analysis.

The tables are so powerful and can display graphically as well as numerically.

QlikView review by Kayla M.
Kayla M.

"Qlikview is a great organizational tool but sometimes a little slow"

What do you like best?

Dhasboards are a great organizational tool for keeping track of programs and budgets, with both qualitative and quantitative attributes. The graphics are very useful as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Qlikview can occasionally be a bit slow when loading dashboards, with very little indication as to whether it is "loading" or just frozen.

Solving organization problems in the business and keeping track of order, requisitions, and budgets on a streamlined platform.

QlikView review by Consultant

"Qlikview Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to be portable with in house memory datasets for dashboards. Database connectivity was easy to set up and did not require extensive bandwidth across networks. The developer side was easy to understand and provide guidance to other users.

What do you dislike?

Price point - it is expensive model to set up. Depending on user set and capabilities the price is expensive for a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good to use if you are lacking a full IT department of business intelligence developers. This product allows more of a lower level report developer access to quick results.

A single department wanted the ability to create dashboards with either connecting to Excel or a MSSQL database. They did not want in to infer the use of full IT partnerships and expense day to day IT costs.

QlikView review by Jesse M.
Jesse M.

"Qlickview Review"

What do you like best?

Qlickview is easily customizable and very user-friendly. Associates in our organization without a tech or data background are able to understand and use this product.

What do you dislike?

The ability to build customized reports should be simplified. Currently, it is not simple enough for most associates to use unassisted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the ease of use for the custom report building tool. If this tool could be easier for all associates to use we could improve our adoption rate.

Qlickview allowed us to consolidate all of our data into one system instead of being spread across several systems.

QlikView review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great Possibilities"

What do you like best?

The ability to associate different data sets without the need for database coding knowledge is extremely appealing for our small shop. The affordable cost is another strong reason why we chose Qlik. We talked to several other customers of Qlik who all shared that the adoption of the product was great with little resistance to the change.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see improved information sharing across users. It seems like an easy improvement for Qlik to enable users to shared sheets directly with selected users, incorporating some annotation features would also be of value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of bang for the buck. Approachable UI for light technology users.

Separated data sets. And lowering the barrier to access data to users of different skills and time ability.

QlikView review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Great tool for the financial analyst"

What do you like best?

Allows for easy data extractions. Tables set up in Qlikview run familiar like a giant pivot table. More customization available as long as a systems person is able to help set up different views.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to publish views to share with others. Requires more training for new users. Unable to easily create charts and different views for each person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some training for it since it can be a very powerful tool to use. A lot of things can be customized and catered for each business.

Able to use Microsoft Excel less because of this tool. More reports can be set up/calculated in the backend so that it's ready for consumption in Qlikview without additional data manipulation.

QlikView review by User in Information Technology and Services

"THE BEST except for dealing with large data sets "

What do you like best?

I love Qlikview. It was difficult learning how to navigate and design at first, but once I overcame the learning curve the possibilities just grew and grew. It's amazing how many things you can customize and control. If you think it, with enough massaging you can make it happen. I love finding new ways to build visualizations and finding new hidden secrets all throughout the tool.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I work for a large enterprise company and we are approaching larger data sets that cannot be pulled into memory. Qlikview pulls data into memory as opposed to other BI tools like Tableau that can have a "real time" connection to your database, and aren't hindered by the size of the data set (to a certain extent). I have seen people use hacked approaches for getting Qlikview to function via "Direct Discovery" but it is very limited, and in such a way that no use case of mine will work so far. Once they develop a solution that allows the user or developer to connect to a database in real time (without pulling all the data into memory), I believe they will be the best BI tool ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steep learning curve -- worth it!

If your data set size is more than your development environment or production environment can hold in memory then you may need to try another tool until Qlik improves their Direct Discovery functionality.

My goal is to find meaningful insights or patterns in business data and then translate those findings into a message that helps leadership understand their business and make better decisions.

Qlikview has allowed me to have enough control over my visualizations so that I can communicate that message clearly.

QlikView review by Abhinav R.
Abhinav R.

"A fierce tableau/Power BI competitor"

What do you like best?

- Easy and intuitive interface

- Plugs into any existing data warehouse, or can connect directly to numerous data sources

- Large variety of visualizations available

- fully customizable interface

- ability to deploy in the cloud / hosted solution

- Ability to create feature rich scorecards and dashboards

- Great geospatial integration

- Ability to create macros for automation

What do you dislike?

- Steep learning curve with tools

- Macros added to QlikView not execute in the QlikView Console automation - they can only be executed manually.

- Doesn't seem like the company is listening much to customers, but each release does bring new useful features

- Old windows style development IDE with poor debugging capabilities

- Native reporting capabilities can be improved

- Confusing licensing model

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions and play around to get yourself familiarize with the tool and use the plug-in. The forums are helpful and the plug-ins are useful and helps avoid recreating the wheel. This is an incredible tool to modernize and revolutionize the way you do BI.

Like any other analytics tool, Qlikview is really good at showing and allowing users to explore data quickly and easily. If you give them access to bad data is it surface quickly.

Evaluated Qlik for building a data warehouse solution for a medium enterprise. The problems being solved would be ad-hoc and self-serve reporting - dashboarding - scorecard creation - and executive reporting.

QlikView review by Cody L.
Cody L.

"Creating sales analytics dashboards "

What do you like best?

The ease of data manipulation. I am able to take data for many sources and combine them into one neat and dynamic report or dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Server and qmc can be slow at times. Not a big fan of qlik sense either. I feel there is too much lost as a developer from qlikview

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time researching the true power of the tool. Other users have shared brilliant innovations they use on the online community.

Sales compensation/analytics. Customization of dashboards for one single dynamic view that the entir company can use.

QlikView review by User

"Good software for executive reports"

What do you like best?

I like the way Qlikview shows results. It allows to have very high level reports, and all the features that you can discover let you create corporate visualizations where managers can make decisions in a very intuitive way. It is a very powerful tool for that level.

What do you dislike?

It is a more technical tool than others. To use it appropriately you must have intermediate programming skills. It is not just drag and drop as other softwares. At the beginning it took me a while to get all the formulas and codes you have to know to create your scripts, when you already have that knowledge, it results easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you come from programming world, you will not have any issues, but if you are more like a Microsoft Office user (like me), maybe it will be painful at the beginning, because on my experience, it was hard to learn the way to program the formulas. I learned a lot, but we were spending a lot of time training ourselves instead of creating reports.

I solved the need to have dashboards to high corporate level, to see where are the main issues on the processes on the company I work for.

I realized that with Qlikview you can have a global view of your company, and you can summarize on a few KPIs all the activities you do in a month, providing good quality information to your managers, so they can realize all the pros and cons of investing on one or other department.

QlikView review by Jake T.
Jake T.

"Solid for reporting, bad for campaign management"

What do you like best?

Qlikview makes it easy to build a relational model that I can deploy to other users on the cheap--since the desktop version is free, I can build one load script and then pull it in on everybody else's machine, which allows them to ask and answer questions that we could get never get to in the past.

It runs fast (for the most part) and works well.

What do you dislike?

There's 2 fundamental problems with Qlikview:

1. There's not nearly enough keyboard optimization--it's way to mouse dependent, particularly when building objects.

2. While filtering and creating selections is key to the QV experience, there's no way to select that, in the underlying table, Key 1 doesn't appear at all. Or to put it another way, I don't have any way, outside of a lot of unnecessary rigamarole, to select folks on my mailing lists who HAVEN'T opted out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because the desktop product is free, download it and try it out. Unfortunately, the real heavy lifting is building the underlying data model. However, if you've got SQL access to some sort of data store, that process should be a lot easier than it was for me.

In any case, it's worth giving a try.

We use QV for business intelligence and ad-hoc reporting. It allows us to quickly iterate through reports, questions and answers very easily and quickly. We considered spending over $20K on a formal, integrated BI and reporting solution, but found that spending $1K on a single QV license got us 90% of the benefits.

QlikView review by Alan L.
Alan L.

"Good dashboard software"

What do you like best?

I like the export to excel feature that allows for customization

What do you dislike?

Filter driven menus are awkward and on slow servers can drive you crazy as you wait for the refresh of a screen

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate on servers and determine if it sucks up too much overhead

Ability view our KPIs

QlikView review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Qlikview"

What do you like best?

Qlikview has a lot of useful functions to use, so many different metrics can be tracked. The search features are very useful, and the design of the pages and dashboards are engaging.

What do you dislike?

Qlikview is not necessarily intuitive. Some of the functions are a bit confusing, and when a screen remains untouched for too long, three searches and formulas need to be reentered.

We are using Qlikview to track sales with our customers, products purchased by each customer, and which products are doing best overall.

"qlik"

What do you like best?

very easy to access at work, easy to use. I like that it tracks our patient satisfaction scores for our providers and support staff. It in return helps us become better care support for our patients.

What do you dislike?

As clinic support staff I don't use it too often

We use it to track patient satisfaction scores which in return helps our leaders coach the team to become better stewards to our patients. It also gives us input on ways we can become more efficient workers.

QlikView review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"So easy to forecast and track sales "

What do you like best?

I like that I can drill down on specifics of accounts in multiple ways i’m forecast sales for the future based on history

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more mobile friendly, currently it’s difficult to try to load information on a phone or tablet

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can’t change any information in here, it’s a view only type of feature, so it’s a great way to give access to multiple people within a company so that all departments and colleagues can view the same information

I am able to forecast sales based on specific products, categories, historical data… As well as keeping track of opportunities in a pipeline. I’ll see is it to drill down on specific products that my customers are ordering

QlikView review by Kevin Y.
Kevin Y.

"First generation BI tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Time taken to update result after change of selection

What do you dislike?

LImited capabilities. No visualization except a pie chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not recommended. Very old school.

Report on revenue. Impressions, STR by ad unit. A handy tool to compare WoW and YoY numbers.

QlikView review by User in Financial Services

"Great dashboard"

What do you like best?

Qlikview is a very easy drag and drop tool. Most of the objects are available in standard templates and needs to be dragged and dropped wherever you would like to place them. It also connects to multiple data sources like SQL Server, Microsoft excel and access. Its easy to modify the interface and easy to use as well

What do you dislike?

The development mode and the web mode differ in some properties. You can perform some tasks in development mode but when hosting it on web certain features are lost. Writing macros can also get difficult. Qlikview also needs a computer with higher capacity when working on large data sets

I currently use qlikview to create dashboard to represent large data sets in an easy visual manner. Its very useful when presenting data to senior management or hosting information across organization.

"QLIK"

What do you like best?

QLIK has so many different views and apps to be able to access, that it almost becomes redundant.

What do you dislike?

The functionality. The app-to-app fades and visuals can be choppy and distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are working hand in hand with the business transformation team to provide you the particular access needed for different roles within your company.

Sales forecasting and closed-won revenue, by line of business, by customer market. It's a really valuable resource

QlikView review by Riccardo C.
Riccardo C.

"Easy and fast"

What do you like best?

Easy to use , fast to get the data , intuitive and smart, what else?

What do you dislike?

I use qlik view and not qlik sense, I would like a toot that translate all the old dashboard in the new format

Give correct data to analyze a problem and take a decision

QlikView review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Sales lead"

What do you like best?

I like that it offers multiple reporting options so I can choose which report I need whether I'm looking at visual or sales goals there's a tool to help.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to update. We use Qlikview everyday and sometimes have to wait for midday until the reports load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend in the retail market to get a grasp on your business. There is a learning curve to it but functions great

We've been able to improve our merchandising as Qlikview categorizes items for us.

QlikView review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Review for Qlik View"

What do you like best?

Its Smart Search Feature, Associative Nature, Slight ETL capability, Reusability of the logic and the Enterprise-level security !!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I hate is the time it takes to load the script and open the hub and apps and not a self-service BI tool but it is resolved with Qlik Sense

We take care of the Workforce Analytics with Qlik Data Visualizations for quantitative, operational and management reporting of HR data at an enterprise scale to leverage business, manage performance, generate insights and drive the evidence-based decision making.

The storytelling feature, interactive nature makes life easier for the business users and further helps in strategic decision-making.

QlikView review by Taivo N.
Taivo N.

"Dive to your data easily"

What do you like best?

Easy to start and flexible product. Associative search and In-memory calculations

What do you dislike?

Qlik other product Qlik Sense is already more modern

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new about Qlik pruducts then start with Qlik Sense.

It's easy to use everywhere where data analysis will provide better financial results.

QlikView review by Trang P.
Trang P.

"Qlikview BI"

What do you like best?

The user interface is friendly, create and analyst data, power of BI system.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to download and update new version.

Analyst the report and visualization the situation the situation of sale. This is very usefull for analyst data and make a report. Best product for CEO.

QlikView review by Adeel A.
Adeel A.

"Qlikview Development Experience"

What do you like best?

New age associative capabilities

A very friendly and intuitive UI

Much better customization capabilities as compared to Tableau

Ease of development - Incredibly simple to develop

Awesome user community and support

What do you dislike?

Inability to scale beyond 'departmental' dashboard

Old windows style development IDE

Poor debugging capabilities in the IDE

Very poor native reporting capabilities

Confusing licensing model

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an incredible tool to modernize and revolutionize the way you do BI

Dashboarding and executive reporting for a Support deaprtment of a very large software products company. the challenge was to port over all the existing dasboarding systems to Qlikview.

Benefits - Qlikview has changed the way we used to look at our data. The associative model has revolutionized our organization used to look at dashboards.

QlikView review by Rhiannon U.
Rhiannon U.

"QlikView for beginners"

What do you like best?

I love the idea and concept of QV. I am still a beginning user although I have created small apps for survey results.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if you are a new user you will get lost unless you have some knowledge of the software. I get worried that I will break something but have been reassured that you are in your own instance and cannot break anything. I always worry that I am going to provide incorrect information because I didn't pull it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have replaced one of our SharePoint based tools and are now using QV to do this work. It saved us a ton of money and seems to be working ok for the users.

QlikView review by Martin P.
Martin P.

"It is great for all type of reports"

What do you like best?

I like that you can connect all kind of databases. I'm often using the integration with excel, where I do my accounting.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I don't have any dislikes. It is intuitive but flexible enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make Ubuntu version

I'm doing my accounting and marketing reports in the software. I got all the insights within the application.

QlikView review by Kayla C.
Kayla C.

"Confusion "

What do you like best?

I do like the layout and templates for most charts and graphs.

What do you dislike?

Around the site could be better the layout of the site is confusing sometimes.

Analysis of sales. Figuring out what sales the most. And who sales products the most

QlikView review by Michael E.
Michael E.

"Qlikview is very awesome!"

What do you like best?

Qlikview is fast! Very fast! The visuals are very nice and through various tricks you can accomplish almost anything! Its almost a devkit in a way

What do you dislike?

It is very complex! Getting your data models correct can be difficult (but this is not a problem with qlikview) data science is just complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a wonderful product, and very easy to take for a spin. Download the personal edition and go to town!

Rapidly creating business intelligence documents and dashboards! Have created many dashboards for manufacturing \ finance \ sales etc... it can be used for just about anything. Users like to be able to view their dashboards on their moble devices as well!

QlikView review by Nicole H.
Nicole H.

"Great for large reports"

What do you like best?

Ability to manipulate large amounts of data easily and provide helpful views to understand trend and analysis

What do you dislike?

The training is very limited to those who are understanding of simple coding

Reviewing data bases to see errors and trends, I’m looking to see total numbers of volume for a month to date and year to date for specific areas and tying different pieces of information together to provide answers

QlikView review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great data for Merchant Analysis "

What do you like best?

I like that I had a single source to go to for all data. I worked in retail and direct sales and could easily compare sales.

What do you dislike?

I credit the accuracy to our internal teams, sometimes the data wasn't 100% updated. For instance when we had returns, this data would lag and hard to forecast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once your internal IT department understands what information is critical that is the first step. When we originally launched the software we had a team that understood the wants and needs of Stakeholders and worked hand in hand with developers. This created an easier transition.

Data analysis, looking and tracking sales on a hourly, daily, weekly, etc. basis. Easy to dig into what I was looking for with key attributes.

QlikView review by XuanAng C.
XuanAng C.

"A very Powerful and easy to use Dashboard"

What do you like best?

It`s so easy and everyone with the most basic knowledge of IT can use it. It can pivot out huge amount of data in a clear and straight forward manner.

What do you dislike?

You can tailor-made some extra columns on the report but it`s not that easy to show some calculated column like Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommended to assign a power user who is very familiar with how to tailor made some new view or new columns. The end user just want an easy click to view the reports.

We consolidate the Revenue Mart information from SAP Business Object to Qlikview and crated some very clear daily/weekly report. We saved lots of time using Qlikview instead of Ms Excel to create these sales report everyday.

QlikView review by Rudy V.
Rudy V.

"Fast, powerful data analysis"

What do you like best?

+Fast due to in-memory architecture

+Fast deployment; We were able to quickly load and transform data so it was usable

+Well supported by many resellers with deep experience using platform

+Excellent user community

What do you dislike?

-Steep learning curve to design dashboards

-Encountered some minor but frustrating bugs

-Complex dashboards can take a long time to render

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at several solutions before deciding on Qlikview. It met our needs in terms of speed, the ability to integrate many data sources, and to transform our data with ease.

We realized a significant improvement in the speed at which our business users can create custom reports and analyze sales data with no IT involvement.

QlikView review by Rubia A.
Rubia A.

"Falls short"

What do you like best?

I think Qlikview is great for people who do not use sql, it is pretty intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The issue is selecting columns. I do not think it take big data in well. It is case sensitive which makes things very difficult and it really has issues loading. It is meant for big data it should be able to handle it.

I would use it to help others that do not have good data skills to be able to show them what they needed to see.

QlikView review by Administrator

"Visualises complex data in understandable ways"

What do you like best?

Powerful data modeling through scripting, and the ease of use for end users.

What do you dislike?

Error handling could be better and functions for aborting reloads or calculations are not so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into licensing model, and don't just go for Qlik Sense - QlikView might be what you need even though Qlik seem to be wanting to promote Sense a lot more.

Inisghts that allow us to understand our business better and to do better business.

QlikView review by Nikki K.
Nikki K.

"ETL and reporting at one place"

What do you like best?

SQL scripting rules the logic. Easy to script and in memory makes queries run faster

What do you dislike?

lack of ability to create parent child hierarchies to promote drill down/roll up functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes ETL and reporting easier

Retail Inventory Management. MAkes easier to connect to different types of data sources - text, teradata, oracle db and so on

QlikView review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"I've enjoyed using Qlikview"

What do you like best?

The interactive nature of dashboards makes this tool very exciting to engage all sorts of business users

What do you dislike?

The availability of plugins to perform tasks like emailing and visual limitations of graphs is not very fun. While this tool is very flexible, setting up a document can require a good bit of configuration and has a long learning curve

QlikView allowed sales, supply chain, and financial data to be shared widely across my organization. Analyzing regional sales and performing various searches within a large data set of relevant transactions and users has been imperative to developing this ecommerce business, evaluating products and promotions has become a breeze to many users across the organization

QlikView review by User

"Flexible tool for visualisation of data from multiple sources"

What do you like best?

Qlikview allowed us to design dashboards that incorporated both data from Salesforce and SAP. This was especially helpful where the Salesforce UI was not flexible enough to customize the dashboards that we wanted to see. It was also nice to have the option to download data into Excel to further analyze it. Ability to control visibility of data based on type of user.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards were updated only once a day in the morning and not in real time. Also, lack of ability of a standard user to customise their dashboards without getting the IT department involved to create a new dashboard.

Qlikview was used to build customized dashboards for management integrating data from multiple sources.

QlikView review by Pablo R.
Pablo R.

"CEO"

What do you like best?

Is the most powerful tool for data analysis and decission making

What do you dislike?

Nothing in QlikView dislikes me. I've been used last 12 years and I'm 100% satisfied

Recommendations to others considering the product

Analyze your needs and use QlikView every day

Decision Making

Data Analysis

Simulation

Dynamic Reporting

Data Discovery

QlikView review by Olga V.
Olga V.

"System Implementation group"

What do you like best?

Pretty Fast data loading process, ability to export into excel large amounts of data

Access like mapping tables

Great selection of color-schemes for dashboards

Good in-printing ability

What do you dislike?

Not user-friendly at all. If you don't have a support group to maintain reporting it becomes very time-consuming and IT heavy

The graphs are not as pretty as in some other reporting tools

I'm responsible for global profitability analytic and this tool has provided me with great visualization abilities

QlikView review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Qlik Review"

What do you like best?

I like the potential that it could bring to my business. I think that maybe if we had more training and tools on how to utilize this for our territories it could really be a great return on my company's investment.

What do you dislike?

Lack of real time updates. Takes a long time to load.

Pipeline management, finding AUR, seeing which accounts are the profit drivers.

QlikView review by Luis T.
Luis T.

"Business Ingeligent made super easy."

What do you like best?

qlikview is a ultra very simple, the construction of etl is beauty and data process excelent, i liked very much the form how to load any data source (xml, excel, sql, odbc and much more). is excelent. i recomended.

What do you dislike?

the process in memory is insuficient and the process for design is very poor, without responsive design, and the dashboard are ugly

Recommendations to others considering the product

business inteligent made fast, easy and complex

develoment of dashboard for industrial data anslisys, fast and easy.

QlikView review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"Qlickview"

What do you like best?

It makes seeing all your sales and what you need to do to hit your goals very easily!

What do you dislike?

How it does not update immediately. Sometimes it can take a couple days to see sales

It's more of a tool utilized to see my stores sales and daily to yearly goals. Helps me see what I need to do to maximize my goals.

QlikView review by Liza R.
Liza R.

"Brand Planner"

What do you like best?

its relatively easy to use at a base level. easy to create visualizations. straightforward navigation.

What do you dislike?

developing views is more difficult than other programs. our BI team has limited other team's access because it is difficult and can lead people to draw incorrect conclusions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to develop dashboards you'll need extensive training.

it gives us visibility to metrics that otherwise we wouldnt have. we use it daily.

"QlikView Review"

What do you like best?

Data Analysis. This application plays a strong roll in helping us to consolidated ERP systems into one view.

What do you dislike?

My users find it frustrating that they have to come to me for creation of additional tables and data sets.

Consolidated sales reporting. Vendor contract KPI's. Business unit KPI's. Corporate financial reporting.

QlikView review by Tim R.
Tim R.

"Good for connecting many databases"

What do you like best?

Ability to connect to multiple data sources.

What do you dislike?

Not sales friendly - can be confusing to get around in. Graphs could be better.

A one stop shop for all metrics, combine marketing with sales.

QlikView review by David P.
David P.

"Simply and really powerfull"

What do you like best?

Its very simply and visual. You can check a big quantity of data if its programmed properly with tables and grafics

What do you dislike?

Only expert programmers can modify the data that you analyze. You only can view data not search all that you want

Department results

QlikView review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Qlikview review"

What do you like best?

I like the speed and versatility of qlikview. It allows me to improve data in several different ways and once I store it in a qvd file, I can quickly manipulate years with of data in seconds.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit overwhelming with the amount of options and ways to perform actions. I also don't care for the script syntax as it uses lots of brackets.

I'm finding ways to display large reports in a more dynamic setting. I am able to compare different data sets easily on the same screen without having to run separate reports.

QlikView review by Martin H.
Martin H.

"a Great tool providing decent data visualization and flexibility of managing and maintain."

What do you like best?

A great tool providing decent data visualization and flexibility of managing and maintain. I've been following up on Qlik's product since 2013. I'm really impressed how they improved and keep on track with latest technology such as mobile integration, in-depth deliberation and etc.

What do you dislike?

The only thing is they only provide a lite data warehousing, it may be great if they integrate with advanced features to make itself a better BI platform rather merely data visualization. To be honest, I believe Tableau and Qlikview shares very similar functionalities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. I recommend both QlikView and Tableau as your data visualization part BI tool

Create and deliver report, scorecard and dashboard for our clients whoever need my service.

QlikView review by Anuj S.
Anuj S.

"Great Tool for Data Exploration"

What do you like best?

Very Very Easy to use. Drag and Drop to make Interesting Charts.

What do you dislike?

Scripting can sometimes be very difficult for a novice user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Great Tool

- Very Easy to use.

- Need to know Qlik Scripting Language

- Scripting can easily be learned.

- Can try the Qlik Sense Edition

Salesforce Data and Product data can be easily connected with external plugins. This helped us explore the client data further.

QlikView review by Don M.
Don M.

"Terrible experience "

What do you like best?

Visuals were nice but sales team was misleading and the implementation team was a disaster. They never spent time on the call floor and never even listened to calls. Horrible experience.

What do you dislike?

The implementation team was so bad it was horrible. They were a vendor and a disaster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never. It was a horrible experience.

Data visitation. Domo was better.

QlikView review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Good tool"

What do you like best?

The tool is great for data collection, sales information and general information on clients. The system could use some clean up and general feel for ease of use, but in general, it is a good system.

What do you dislike?

It's limitations. I wish I could play around with the numbers more on formatting and how they actually populate/

Getting sales numbers for clients I work with, collecting data on sales efforts.

QlikView review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Analytics Tool Used for Sales Management"

What do you like best?

This tool produces tables for a sales manager to give staff to see where each of their accounts are in terms of revenue for a given period.

What do you dislike?

There is a time lag when updating numbers in the accounting system connected to QlikView.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to give yourself adequate time before pulling a chart after billing has gone through.

Sales pipeline, great to see where there are losses from accounts as well as gains. Also good to monitor how much accounts spent in a given period the year before.

QlikView review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Qlik - simple management data insights"

What do you like best?

simplicity of usage of data. i can pull/analyze data independently

What do you dislike?

seem to have gaps in actual data that shows. i'm continually challenging the BI integrity of the data. I don't fault the Qlik system, but simply layering another interface brings in questions about whether I'm getting the right view on the right data. Its GIGO sometimes, but because i can see this quickly, I'm able to challenge the data without over investing.

Looking to quickly assess the various marketing and sales initiatives. I can see top line results and get preliminary answers to key cuts i've identified.

QlikView review by Luca C.
Luca C.

"A useful self services BI tool"

What do you like best?

The main features are: a real attractive graphics, an Excellent scalability, really ease of use (user side) , an immediate access to data.

What do you dislike?

I have tried Sense and View, Qlik View requires quite a lot of server-side work which with the "Sense" it's much more simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you start using the product, evalutate carefully the difference between Qlik Sense and Qlik View, then decide what do you need.

At the moment we preferred to use the version Sense, while the View is certainly a valid option but requires more time to implement.

QlikView review by GP N.
GP N.

"Excellent data discovery, very fast easy to use and but sometime difficult to debug"

What do you like best?

Easy of use & Rich Community support

Data source connectivity

Auto associative model

Performance

Graphics

Power of Set Analysis

Publishing and Collaboration

What do you dislike?

Over engineering of Auto associative model

Less debugging options

Costly licensing and restriction on personal edition

Social collaboration

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, but bit costly, alternative available in market

Data discovery

KPI trends and dashboard

Excellent deep dive and drill down capability, Business is more equipped to dig the data and identify pain points

Sharing insight with multiple stakeholder in a graphical/visual appeal

fast development and time to market

QlikView review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"A well regarded solution for BI"

What do you like best?

The scripting has been easy to learn and Qlik provides lots of support for QlikView. As QlikVIew has been around some time now, there is plenty of support and tutorials for doing things online (qlikcommunity). There is a great level of customisation and we have developed many extension objects to give further benefits to clients. QV can load very large data sets in memory with ease.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact you have to specify the resolution of the dashboard, this is not ideal for variances in screen sizes. Qlik Sense automatically scales the size fine in browser for handheld devices.

End user self service will be difficult for those without prior QV experience, so Sense may be a better option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Qlik Sense if you anticipate more use on mobile and tablets.

Having used this tool for multiple clients, they have realised benefits in collecting data from multiple source systems and making sense of it through a variety of useful visualisations. Clients have been able to take action on insights shown which has had great payback in their organisations.

Most end users will be able to pickup QlikView skills quite easily without training.

QlikView review by User in Financial Services

"Technology is used for internal analytics on financial markets products"

What do you like best?

The product does an excellent job of simplifying the flow between multiple views / screens. Although there is quite a bit of customization when building out these dashboards for data analysis, the Qlikview product does a good job of minimizing the possible paths to take. For instance, it is easy to learn all possible subviews to see with their button-driven user environment. Web-browser databases often requiring training or and expert's direction as they can be overwhelming with options. Qlikview does a good job at limiting these options a user can take while making the environment visually intuitive.

Export functionality to Excel or Access is very effective.

What do you dislike?

This may be due to my own company's approach to setting up the data dashboards with Microsoft Access in the background, but speed tends to lag. Additionally, transition graphics are simple refreshes without any animation. This may also be an internal decision to limit virtual memory requirements, but I do not know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is an excellent technology solution for internal and external users. The main benefit is intuitive visualizations which leads to users not requiring training. This alone saves time, money, and resources. A tremendous amount of data can be incorporated in the background of the UI which allows for great summary views for business analytics.

Since overlaying our databases with Qlikview, internal business processes have been evolved dramatically. We previously lacked confidence in data, and data sources were often very segregated. The Quilkview product allowed for us to roll out multiple analytics dashboards globally without any real training for the user base. Usage has been very intuitive. Major business decisions are being made today now that data is more easily accessible globally and integrated.

QlikView review by Consultant

"Short but sweet experience with Qlikview"

What do you like best?

The freedom to design the dashboard is just amazing. It allows you to look at your data in the best suitable way. Data presentation comes handy in both tabular and graphical forms.

What do you dislike?

Qlikview can do a much more amazing job if it starts recommending the layouts for analysis and becomes more automated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must use tool for amazing data analytics

I used to analyse the factory's inventory data upon Qlikview. It gave me a strong vision around how to best deal with my slow/non-moving inventory. Worked best for me.

QlikView review by Saravana Prabhu P.
Saravana Prabhu P.

"QlikView - Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to achieve the requirement

In-memory technology

Associative data model which gives 360 degree view of data

Rapid development life cycle

What do you dislike?

Limited to hardware availability

QlikView Dashboards are not end-user's device friendly. Should be developed and consumed for specific resolutions

No Linux version both desktop and server

Recommendations to others considering the product

QlikView is wonderful product no doubt about it. But you have see whether it will work for your Use case or not.

I predominantly worked for Sales team, was able to achieve more than 90% of the requirement.

Always I go with more than what has been asked, giving options to business. QlikView helped me to surprise the business most of the time.

QlikView review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Unique and delightful user experience created in a rapid application development environment"

What do you like best?

QlikView is surprising flexible and given the right mindset you can build many things in QlikView going far beyond what we might traditionally think of when thinking of building dashboards or analysis solutions.

What do you dislike?

Operational reporting and geospatial mapping are not QlikView's to areas in which QlikView out-of-the-box is lacking functionality. However, because of QlikView's extensible design there are add-on products made by 3rd party vendors to address both of these problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QlikView is a great tool but like any tool when utilized incorrectly you can still produce bad results. While the product lends itself well to rapid development try to balance this ability and pull back on the reins a little bit. Be sure to create a good enterprise architecture so your deployment will remain scalable and put things like data governance and master data management in place in order to help control quality. Bad data in, bad data out. Qlikview is really good at showing and allowing users to explore data quickly and easily. If you give them access to bad data is it surface quickly.

Aculytics is solving all kinds of business challenges in QlikView, ranging from financial and operational reporting to clinical research, customer satisfaction, and predictive analytics.

QlikView review by Martin B.
Martin B.

"Qlikview - the Legos for data-lovers. "

What do you like best?

The performance and depth in the script-engine

What do you dislike?

That a lot of development has shifted for Qlik Sence instead of improving qlikview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Qlik Sence if starting from scratch.

Performance insights, finance, reporting, budget planning, prediction-modelling, analytics.

QlikView review by Esti T.
Esti T.

"QlikView"

What do you like best?

Ability for multiple users to access information/metrics that are consolidated into a single view.

What do you dislike?

The GUI and search features are not clean/concise in appearance. Also, the 'ribbon' to toggle between pages is difficult to navigate.

Consolidating metrics from multiple teams, storing data in one system and granting users the ability to quickly access historical data.

QlikView review by Sai N.
Sai N.

"8"

What do you like best?

Speed and visualisation and accuracy and no.of connectors

What do you dislike?

gauge charts and spaces in boxes and sometimes it's hangs

many business problems, can't disclose and benefits is like we can share with in the community with a link and great filters

QlikView review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Director of Lead Generation"

What do you like best?

Qlikview works great for our automated reporting, It is nice that we do not have to use a person everyday to pull all the reports and build a report daily. We now have Qlikview do that for us.

What do you dislike?

Qlikview does freeze often and requires you to shut it down and log back in. It would be nice if I could stay logged in all day and have the software updated the data without loging out and in.

Report and the benefits are great. You cant make decisions without data.

QlikView review by James P.
James P.

"Great for Data Analytics, terrible for executive presentations"

What do you like best?

QlikView is a great tool to quickly and easily pivot on raw data. It's dynamic model allows the user to quickly analyze data in multiple dimensions.

What do you dislike?

QlikView is not a visually appealing tool and therefore is a Consultants nightmare. The tool only allows picture extracts for the graphs, which look terrible in PPT. Also, some level of coding is required to make the graphs visually appealing. For example, I had to modify the script and add left joins to create a customer sequence of values on the X axis. The tool's UI allows the user to sort the x axis A-Z, or by magnitude, but does not allow for customer sorts. This is just one example of the user interface not playing nice.

I used QlikView at a large Utility company to analyze technology cost data across each of its business units. We incorporated 7 different cost types and created a model that highlighted each cost type across the various business units over the past year.

QlikView review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"QlikView Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate real time data from other programs and the ability to drive down into charts to pull useful information.

What do you dislike?

The complexity with setting up the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program with great support and training/assistance to start using. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes easy to create useful information tailored to your company.

We are using this to track sales, status of projects, late orders, percentage of hitting schedules, and other sales activities.

QlikView review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"Qlik does it all"

What do you like best?

Per the title of this review, Qlik can do just about everything you would expect from a BI tool. Provided you have the right hardware, you can fit large datasets in memory for fast response times on dashboards. The scripting language on the back end is not complicated and very flexible. This makes all data transformations possible and makes combining data from multiple sources feel natural. The combination of variables and actions on the front end makes almost all end user requests a "Yes we can do that" rather than a "we can do that with a work around" as in other tools. Extension objects and the suite of third party add-ons makes anything that Qlik can't do out of the box possible as well.

What do you dislike?

Building a proper data model in Qlik is not quite like any other tool. If you do not have a skilled developer, your application will grow in the wrong directions and become difficult to maintain. Though possible, building scalable dashboards and architectures is not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to Qlik, take the time to understand the technology so that you don't have to redo your work when it starts to scale. If you are not able to do that, bring in an expert to help you with your first dashboard and train your team. That is the model we (www.bipb.com) employ as a consultancy with Qlik since 2005 and it works well. I'm happy to answer more questions or just network (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-hanrahan/15/930/83b)

Qlik is a BI tool so by default it can solve most any business problem that involves data. We work mainly in financial services and specifically capital markets, but we also have solutions in healthcare, travel, the background check industry, and many more. Our biggest applications are analyzing years of trading data across the business for management and regulatory purposes.

"QlikView Review"

What do you like best?

QlikView is an incredibly intuitive program to use. The dashboards that can compiled from any data input are easy to format and update.

What do you dislike?

I felt that some of the dashboard functionality is limited.

I work in healthcare. We're figuring out how to use data. We have a lot of it, but don't really know how to use it. This really helped with starting to manipulate and use our data.

QlikView review by Lara S.
Lara S.

"Great user friendly tool to visualize large amounts of data"

What do you like best?

The easiness to use. Everybody can use the software without previous training which make it perfect for all employees to access information. The visualization aspect is really good as well, the charts and filter options allow you to analyze data in a very dynamic way.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it would freeze or stop running but I am not a technician so it probably was a network problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend any organization managing large amounts of data to use QlikView.

Quick access to relevant daily data. Everyday I would log in QlikView and have a look at my main favorite report to see how the business was doing daily n a snapshot. With this info I was able to take quick actions and be more informed to have business discussion during internal meetings.

QlikView review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"My Experience"

What do you like best?

The navigation between reports and the ease of access

What do you dislike?

Too Cumbersome. The design is complex and the users have to have a thorough understanding to operate it correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review to understand its functionality and see if it meets your needs

Marketing, Operations, Food and Beverage and human resource dashboards

QlikView review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Qlik View Business Review"

What do you like best?

Combines metrics in a form that is easy to view in a spreadsheet format

What do you dislike?

Very glitchy - I was once able to download reports to xcel - now I am not.

Search featurres are difficult to navigate - it is not very intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you test drive before purchasing

Consolidate service history

Preventive Maintenance reports

Business Reviews

QlikView review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Flexible, Intuitive, and Useful Visualization Software"

What do you like best?

The interactivity and flexibility of this software allows users both on the front and backend to manipulate the data in order to gain insight.

What do you dislike?

The software can be difficult to learn initially because not as many people use Qlik as other software like Tableau.

Qlik allows users to be able to analyze and manipulate their data in order to gain conclusions and insights about their business.

QlikView review by Tapan J.
Tapan J.

"BI made easy for non technical professionals"

What do you like best?

By utilising in-memory, as opposed to traditional disk storage, the BI application can refresh data in real time to support operational BI environments such as monitoring financial transactions.Also it can combine data from disparate sources, including Oracle, SAP, Salesforce.com, SQL Server and Excel.It then provides associative search facilities and offers extensive data visualisation via expandable 2D and 3D charts, tables and graphs.

What do you dislike?

If you want to see the SQL generated behind a query, you can not see that in Qlikview. The only way to resolve circular loopes in Qlikview is to create an alias table wheare as you can define contexts which allows you to resolve the circular loops without creating any alias table in other tools. When it come to resolving traps like Chasm and Fan traps, Qlikview is helpless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qlikview can link the old legacy data files, Excel files, Access files and more. So if you are in such a situation and looking for a BI solution, Qlikview it is.

The ability to consolidate the data coming from various sources which is in a common format in the data cloud. this is fantastic. In other OLAP tools sometimes it becomes difficult to join and RDBMS and a flat file data.

QlikView review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Awesome visuals "

What do you like best?

Cost is very low and the product is awesome...the options it has helps a lot the dashboard excellent for profit margin the graphics and designs help keep workers awake.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say it needs some design tweaking.it crashes at times from not enough storage space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try the trial your gonna love it

Helps design charts and the visualization it shows a lot of the employees me being one even more. Super fast so it helps a lot.

QlikView review by Consultant in Automotive
Consultant in Automotive

"A very useful product for all business"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is really good, Being an in-memory BI tool, the speed of displaying dash boards even with large volume of data is amazing. Development of applications using qlikview is really fast.

What do you dislike?

Creating dash boards and analytical reports at user level is not very good. as in conventional BI tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a product which can serve a purpose for any industry. Analyzing large data is no more an issue. Much cheaper than other conventional BI tools.

Dashboards and reports are developed using the tables of Dealer Management system which helped the middle management in taking timely decision on sales and marketing. Top level managers have a bird’s eye view of the business without going through many excel reports or DMS provided reports.

QlikView review by Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

"Qlik is very easy to navigate, and provides real time data"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate the tiles and how you compare data

What do you dislike?

Some of the data is hard to interpret and at time is in accurate

Real time data on sales numbers

QlikView review by User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

"Ease of learning qlikview "

What do you like best?

Ease of manipulating data and being able to display it in a easy to read format

What do you dislike?

Difficulty in customizing pivot tables to display in a way similar to excel pivot tables

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great training available, really easy to pick up on your own even if you are not good at computer coding. Ability to display data in a easy to read display is excellent

Supply/demand

Ease of comparing locations

QlikView review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"I have been using QlikView from over a year now "

What do you like best?

The ease of manoeuvrability within different data

What do you dislike?

Slow pace at which the page loads, data reports are not easy to tweak

Assimilation of data and making action plans basis the trends is a benefit

QlikView review by malika M.
malika M.

"Qlik is one of the best product outthere"

What do you like best?

Qlikview can connected to pretty much anything

, once the document is built the user is in control of their data.

Qlikview is quick to build

What do you dislike?

Not good reporting tools but qlik has Nprinting now

Recommendations to others considering the product

just try the free version . it will change your life

Increase productivity

spending more time analyzing data than crunching numbers

QlikView review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Good BI Tool"

What do you like best?

Fast method of retrieving data. Easy to customize reports and dashboards.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve with developing the dashboards

Immediate access to our data and friendly kpi dashboards. We are better informed on decision making.

QlikView review by Patricio H.
Patricio H.

"Easy to use and implement"

What do you like best?

relationship with data and drill down, I love data visualization, not the tools that make it happen.

What do you dislike?

lack of vz, You go to the Presentation tab and try to select all the expressions but you can’t

looking at inventory, sale performance

Learning about QlikView?

* We monitor all QlikView reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.