qTest

qTest is a robust test management solution that makes sophisticated functionality available to all testers at an affordable price.

Work for qTest?

Learning about qTest?

qTest Reviews

Showing 35 qTest reviews
qTest review by Liz H.
Liz H.

"A quick (and hopefully informative!) review of qTest"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of qTest combined with a slick UI makes it an easy and intuitive piece of software to use on a daily basis. Writing test scripts is made easy and on boarding new members of the team is hassle free.

The ability to record systems and create test cases from them has decreased the amount of time it takes to script and improved the accuracy of our scripts (when applicable) + recording of our test execution has improved the quality of our defect reporting.

Ultimately it does what a lot of other products on the market do, however it simply does everything better.

What do you dislike?

Currently very little; I would like to be able to call tests from other projects (though this could be down to user error rather than a limitation of the software!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the trial and lean on the support you get from their excellent customer support team. It made evaluation and implementation a breeze for my team at Sky Bet.

Due to the solution we had previously implemented it was difficult to encourage testers to make the most of the system. Subsequently test execution wasn't always clear or even visible; qTest gave the test management team a way to increase engagement with our test tool and improve utilisation.

Due to the ease of use we have also had no issues getting UAT testers from within the business to engage with the tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about qTest
qTest review by Leigh C.
Leigh C.

"qTest Revolutionized our Testing"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to implement our practices, report on progress, and build predictability and quality into our agile process.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the ability to directly query the database for more explicit reporting

Without qTest our agile implementation would have been much slower. We've seen productivity increase while being able to pinpoint problems and react quickly. We now have test case management, versioning, and an integrated SDLC solution to bring our team together.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

qTest review by John S.
John S.

"qTest has helped organise my team"

What do you like best?

I like qTest manager so far which is the one product we work with the most in our team. It has helped my team be organised and only have one source of truth for our test cases

What do you dislike?

The license is pretty expensive and so we aren= not able to get many licenses for all our users.

Test cases organisation and only having one-go-to location for test cases. Previously we were using spreadsheets.

qTest review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Robust Test Design and Execution Platform "

What do you like best?

We can maintain a suite of step-by-step test designs, one test to cover each feature of the product, or one aspect of a feature. Those tests can easily be rolled forward to the next baseline, or the next delivery of the current baseline. Additional tests can be added to any baseline's suite of tests at any time, so we can add a test that covers a particular defect coming back from fielded software or a new test of a newly added feature. We can also designate a onetime group of tests as part of a particular milestone, e.g. a set of regression tests to make sure that a product change did not leak into related areas.

What do you dislike?

QTest has a lot of features and can be overwhelming in that regard. We use it primarily to manage manual tests though we are looking into tracking automated tests as well. It can be difficult to reorganize a large product, or to manage a suite of inter-related but not hierarchical products. In one instance we ended up exporting our tests to a spreadsheet and then re-importing them, but at least that was possible.

We are ensuring product quality and consistency by using common test management software across a large number of software products (dozens) and across multiple baselines (several). We even rolled some of our older, but still fielded, baselines from a prior test management tool and have been quite happy that we did so.

qTest review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"QTest Review from a daily user"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate with Jira for tracking purposes. We use Jira to create stories and sub-tasks and we link them directly to the associated test cases in qTest so it is easy to find related requirements for all our work in qTest.

What do you dislike?

No testing specific functionality and lack of some reporting ability. Also, we didn't want developers to all have their own access to qTest, even though we want DEVs to review test cases. We had to get around this by creating 1 read only user account they could all use and then have them sign their initials when leaving comments to show who reviewed what, but with a read only account, you can't even leave comments in qTest which doesn't make much sense. I can see a read only account not having ability to edit or delete, but leaving a comment doesn't affect anything and is a really useful part of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Jira to track stories and requirements than this tool will work well to unify your work by being able to link to Jira requirements right in your test cases for reference.

We are trying to standardize development and testing work across multiple teams and have that work integrated with the original user stories and requirements as closely as possible. We have definitely saved a lot of man hours by having all our work in one shared location that everyone can see so that efforts are not duplicated across teams.

qTest review by Dan W.
Dan W.

"Great for testcase creation and managment"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating individual test-cases.

The ease of creating test cycles and test suites.

The ease of managing requirements.

The ease of managing test execution.

The usefulness of the reporting tool in graphing project progress.

What do you dislike?

Modifying test steps on many test cases since the find/replace function does not include test steps and step expected results.

The program response is 'clunky' and sometimes takes extra time or even extra selections to access desired functional areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The qTest program is very well designed and very useful right out of the box. It's ability to link with the JIRA issue tracking software makes the use of both programs seamless and efficient.

The qTest development team is always improving the software and are very open to new ideas and improvements. The customer service is very helpful in find out how to use a feature in the software.

qTest review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Everything you need to get moving in the right direction fast"

What do you like best?

qTest does an excellent job of making managing Releases, Requirements, Test Cases, and Test Results very easy. You can create requirements and quickly create test cases linked to that requirement in order to track test coverage. By utilizing Test Suites and Test Cycles it's easy to organize your tests for a release. The interface used for running tests is great, and geared toward making it easy to execute and maintain tests at the same time. Additionally, the support team is awesome. They always reply quickly, even when you simply ping them with a question. More than once, I have seen requests I have made to the support team addressed in the next release.

What do you dislike?

My only wish is that the reports be a little more configurable, but they provide more than enough canned reports and query functionality that you can get the info you need.

I am managing a QA team at a startup with a distributed team. qTest made it easy to quickly get started writing and managing test cases and their results.

qTest review by Clayton A.
Clayton A.

"Solid Platform for small businesses"

What do you like best?

qTest makes it easy to navigate between test cases and to be able to keep them all in a single repository.

What do you dislike?

The addition of the mark up fields on the test case creation screen really slow down how long it takes to complete a test case.

The ability to accurately display what Qa is working on and give quantifiable evidence when giving estimates.

qTest review by Peter E H.
Peter E H.

"It is a pain to install, update and backup"

What do you like best?

It works okay with TFS 2012. Once installed it does seem to be mostly set it and forget it. As long as you use Java 7. Support is pretty good.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to set up all the technologies. We can't update to TFS 2015 until they support it. A real issue with our team. It should be able to use whatever Java or TFS version. It would be great if they had an installer that installed all the underlying technology. Instead we had to setup redis, elasticsearch and java before we could install qTest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a pain to setup and as long as you use software published a few years ago, you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm in the development group. We use in our QA area. They seem to like it.

qTest review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"qTest is a great product"

What do you like best?

qTest Manager has allowed our organization to implement a test case management tool that required minimal training and only took a month to fully begin reaping the benefits.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be a little easier. Not all fields from JIRA are reportable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and easy to implement test case management tool.

Our organization needed an easy to use test case management tool to track both manual and automated test cases run through Jenkins. We have been able to capture both manual and automated results in order to report by release.

qTest review by Kapil J.
Kapil J.

"QA symphony is a good product"

What do you like best?

Best parts are:

1) Connecting all test cases with user story.

2) Connecting all JIRA's with TC's

3) It's easy for PO's and other team members to review.

What do you dislike?

Things QA-Symphony can improve

1) Copy and paste between the projects didn't works very well sometimes.

2) Sometimes loading issues.

3) It remember user name and passwords

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) It's easy to use and any team members who is not writing test cases can use.

2) Program managers, BA's can also use Q-test successfully by reviewing test cases and giving suggestions.

3) Handling multiple projects is also easy it can be divided in multiple separate modules.

4) Reporting is also easy it shows count direct in the header which is easy to share with managers.

qTest review by User

"Great Tool for Test Management"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can have all the test related documents at one place and also it has great features like I am able to run my test cases in different browsers and have the test execution for each run separately and select the different configurations for different test runs. I like the way how it integrates with Jira.

Also, I like that it creates automation script for our requirement but I am still exploring in that area.

What do you dislike?

It would have been much nicer if it had any tool inbuilt to capture the screenshots(like little camera icon in ALM)

Great for audit purpose

Test documentation is done at one place

linking the test cases to the original ticket in Jira

Tracking the progress

Status reports

qTest review by Tom A.
Tom A.

"Intuitive, flexible and lightweight test management tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to get going quickly w/o having to learn the user interface. I am leading up a new test team with staff that isn't your typical testing community. qTest is straight forward in it's design. Implementing this tool was simple.

What do you dislike?

The native requirements and defect modules could use some more build out. I understand that most customers use Jira for those modules, but it would be nice to see those modules become more robust.

We have no test management tool within our organization. We needed a tool that required minimum local support (cloud based) and was simple and flexible to implement. Our organization has some uniqueness in processes that QASymphony helped mediate with some custom features.

"A review of qtest"

What do you like best?

Qtest has all the features for testcase management I need. This includes the flow of data as well as tracking that data. Having a integration with Jira has been a huge plus. I also like the ability to create custom fields. This lets me adjust to my QA work flow. I am looking forward to using the new api set for qtest7, hopefully I'll ahve the update soon. I have enjoyed the export and import functionality.

What do you dislike?

To execute a testcase you have to create a test suite that has test runs. Testcases and testruns are 2 different objects. From the UI I cannot see historical results of a testcase, I have to use a database query. A testexecution should be created from an instance of the testcase object and linked somehow. Having to manage 2 different object types is inefficient. I don't like having to pay more to have the ability to share testcases between projects.

On of the largest benefits that have helped us is being about to track the QA work for projects. With that qtest has helped us be able to articulate the status of projects and the new features in those projects. Higher level managers can use qtest to watch status.

G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Making our lives easier"

What do you like best?

* eXplorer tool

* integration with JIRA

* reporting capability

* very configurable

* separate access to projects (can share with customers)

* test artefact organisation/ tree view presentation

* ability to share test cases

* assignment of test cases

* version control

What do you dislike?

* reporting needs further improvement (I know this is in the pipeline)

* more bugs than I expected in the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

qTest is worth a look especially if you integrate with JIRA as the integration is superior to other offerings - two-way with realtime updates.

Problems -

* we were spending too much time on manual report creation

* creation of JIRA tickets often unclear and resulted in wasted time going back and forth

* difficult or impossible to find test artefacts and correct versions

* previous Test Management system too slow and clunky

Benefits - above problems now resolved. Greatest additional benefit is with the eXplorer tool, no need to manually capture screen shots as test evidence. It will also help propel our exploratory testing endeavours.

qTest review by Ashley T.
Ashley T.

"qTest - The Excellent Test Tool"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the entire tool and being able to easily trace defects right through to requirements.

Also the easy handy reporting functions are great.

What do you dislike?

At this stage there is nothing I truly dislike.

Perhaps my limited knowledge of how to hook together with automated testing

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend qTest to others who are looking to become more detailed with testing activities. Its also great to have everything within the one place from start to finish and with great integration available I think this is one of the better value products out there.

Traceability of tests and defects to requirements.

Clearer visibility to testing results

qTest review by Aurélie P.
Aurélie P.

"Good product. But it still some problems with testing reports"

What do you like best?

The link to JIRA.

Easy to use.

Easy to test manually

What do you dislike?

The management with devices.

I have only Qtest and when Itest with devices, I don't have the listing devices and i can multiple for each devices easy.

When I generate areport, I have only one graph or one table.

There is no possibility to make a report with several graphs.

For my problems, I create test suite as environment.

For reports, I must use Excel.

qTest review by Carman O.
Carman O.

"Great Value , Wonderful tool Why pay more?"

What do you like best?

Very good test management tool, beats our ALM for a 1/4 of the price. Why pay more? I reduced my maintenance cost fo 2 tools of $32K to $15K. With no decrease of features or functionality. Savings allowed me to hire one more off shore resource for testing.

What do you dislike?

Needs connections to Ranorex automation tool, and Blue print requirements tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reduces maintenance cost to the organization, transition was very seamless form ALM to QTest

qTest review by User in Financial Services

"Good for what it does - Need more polished product to integrate automation"

What do you like best?

Reporting is excellent: Ability to generate reports across dimensions such as test cases, defects , test runs over time

What do you dislike?

Overall support for automated tests is not great: We need to be able to easily integrate with any open source testing framework and it's more code than expected

Clear benefit is reporting results to the upper management

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"qTest - many good functionalities available but needs improvement at the back-end"

What do you like best?

GUI - user-friendly

Compartmentalization of different modules - systematic and organised

Functionalities such as export/import test cases, running test scripts

Support - prompt and helpful

What do you dislike?

1.Available functionalities need to be enhanced such as report builders.

2.Bring in more APIs and improve the current ones. (APIs connecting different modules).

3.Store and run test scripts from qTest.

4.Maintain versions of test cases in case of modifications(History does not provide much information) - rollback facility.

5.Manual and Automation test cases need to be two different artifacts with different set of custom fields and functions.

1. Easy management of test cases-import, run, view result

qTest review by Hannah G.
Hannah G.

"qTest review"

What do you like best?

I like that qTest integrates with JIRA, our defect management software.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that all versions of qTest can sync test cases across all projects.

We are able to report off of the data from qTest and provide data that we never were able to before.

qTest review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great value with a forward looking test tool"

What do you like best?

The API allows us to be flexible in our testing strategy. We are able to easily aggregate results from several different sources to give a complete testing picture. This tool seems to have taken a more forward thinking approach vs other tools we evaluated which were just SAAS services wrapped around older(re: manual) testing strategies.

What do you dislike?

Some of the workflows are a little clunky and seem redundant. The API has not been extended to allow as much workflow management as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

qTest also does a lot to facilitate the community by publishing findings and hosting webinars. I highly recommend taking advantage of these.

QTest enables to conduct effective reviews of testing practices and test case history. It also makes auditing requirements a breeze with the querying functionality.

qTest review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Good Layout and functionality but could improve plugins"

What do you like best?

Clean Layout and ease of use with main web application I like how you can integrate jira plugin when jira tickets are imported upon creation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it has proven difficult to use there desktop and web integration tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think overall it's a good tool and has good features, however some are still hard to implement such as desktop & web integration tools that provide extra functionality. I haven't used all tools available but the one's i have used are good.

qTest review by Ryan V.
Ryan V.

"Agile Testing Software and JIRA"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up integration, great support from their company. Integration with JIRA is smooth.

What do you dislike?

Automation suite needs to grow. Would like to see even more growth into DevOps .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using JIRA or VersionOne? Integration is solid and very easy to set up.

qTest review by Kenneth A.
Kenneth A.

"A useful and convenient test case management solution"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and attractive. qTest allows you to filter test items by multiple columns using drop down menus, making it easy to find the exact items you need. Also, the progress percentages displayed on the main page for each suite is convenient for supervisors and Project Managers.

What do you dislike?

There doesn't seem to be any warning if another tester grabs an item assigned to you. You have to refresh to see their updates.

Software testing, building custom suites of tests for each client

qTest review by G2 Crowd User in Medical Devices
G2 Crowd User in Medical Devices

"Great product with small issues in UI."

What do you like best?

Traceability matrix can be created easily. There are some pre-populated queries and report and those are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some minor UI issues that are annoying: for example: import test cases with drag and drop. It's frame within the frame and it's not easy to drag and drop fields when scrolling through the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will definitely recommend qTest to others especially for companies with a medical device testing.

qTest review by Kunal B.
Kunal B.

"Its a amazing product with a lot of different integrations available"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. Its very simple and easy to use for me and the team

What do you dislike?

Overall look doesn't feel like an enterprise level software

Performing QA on multiple projects

qTest review by Sindhu G.
Sindhu G.

"Senior Automation Analyst"

What do you like best?

The integration with various tools, Jira, Confluence, Selenium..etc

What do you dislike?

Working with VPN and qtest and Parellel to Client spcae is not possible

Test management was feasible.

qTest review by Administrator

"Khans review"

What do you like best?

Qtest report section, I like how qtest report appears

What do you dislike?

slowness, sometime while we go from one tab to anther it takes time

automation setup, it helped us

qTest review by Administrator

"The experience has been great. Great customer service and great product"

What do you like best?

Able to see all the tests no matter what type they are(unit, automation, performance etc.)

What do you dislike?

LTPulse is the one area I would say needs more improvement as it's not user friendly now.

We are getting all the unit tests, direct scripts and our own home grown framework scripts all at one place. So we can get the metrics of all types of testing.

G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Great tool produced by a company that is actually listening to its users."

What do you like best?

The Explorer tool to record exploratory testing sessions. I also like the ability to share test cases between projects.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the use of parameterization when linking tests cases

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, you'll like it

"Great product"

What do you like best?

User Interface is really great and the customer service is great

What do you dislike?

Lack of reporting. It is hard to quickly see what your coverage is. I have to export into excel for my reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adding new features and improvements all the time. Very personal.

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"User Friendly Test Management Tool"

What do you like best?

qTest is a user friendly test management tool which requires minimal ramp-up and training at an affordable price. Good interface and interoperability within own product line and 3rd Party products. In addition, the customer support service is exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to customize and define new reports. However, there are standard reports for basic metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

qTest is the tool for achieving a quick ROI. Quick installation and adequate education provided to allow you to start using the tool quickly.

"QTest Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of updating test cases, test executions, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy way to delete multiple test steps simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support team is very helpful whenever I run into problems.

I use qTest for manual software testing.

"VP of QA and Testing"

What do you like best?

Effective, integration with Jira and ease of use. Support and trading from QAS.

What do you dislike?

The on premise version is very good. It seems to be a few months behind the cloud version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch training videos.

Learn more about qTest

qTest Videos

Learning about qTest?

* We monitor all qTest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.