Qualtrics Research Core

Qualtrics Research Core

Qualtrics Research Core is a provider of Online Survey Software. See how we can help you build an Online Survey.

Work for Qualtrics Research Core?

Qualtrics Research Core Reviews

Ask Qualtrics Research Core a Question
Showing 835 Qualtrics Research Core reviews
Qualtrics Research Core review by Théo Z.
Théo Z.

"Amazing Customer Support and great software"

What do you like best?

The fact that each time I have an issue, 24/7, somebody at the support is devoted to customers and will provide an answer, no matter the time needed for them to dig into any functionality. When an agent does not instantly find the answer to a question they always take time to go further and then send users some videos on how to deal with their issues.

What do you dislike?

The basic functionalities for text analysis are not sufficient for us, without Qualtrics Text iQ, the software is not super powerful for text analysis.

Stats iQ is one of the best Qualtrics functionalities but this feature comes from a startup bought by Qualtrics and is not fully integrated with Qualtrics survey yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would highly recommend some ours of formation to coworkers as most of Qualtrics features are quite instinctive and easy to use but coworkers need to know what Qualtrics can and cannot do in order to be able to be autonomous when looking for precise information on the support community.

We are a consulting cabinet and provide market studies to our clients, Qualtrics is used for this and is indispensable for our daily work

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Qualtrics Research Core
Qualtrics Research Core review by Sarah O.
Sarah O.

"A Great Survey Resource"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is the survey library. In the included library there are a variety of survey templates that can help you to get started creating surveys in little to no time. That means that even if you aren't too familiar with survey creation you can be up and running with a fully functional way to gather information in less than an hour. Not to mention, with Qualtrics research core, you can create an account for free.

What do you dislike?

The reports feature could be a little easier to follow, when exporting a variety of data it can be kind of time-consuming when trying to generate custom reports. On the other hand, it's really easy to export individual responses in a variety of formats...(.csv, docx, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are a variety of programs that you can use to get the same or similar results, some of the best advantages of the Qualtrics Research Core program is that it's definitely cost effective and both easy to learn and use. The program has a smooth interface, great options for exporting data, and a large database of templates....for a small business it's a perfect solution.

A great benefit of the Qualtrics program, of course is that it is cost-effective. For small businesses, this could be a simple solution which can help you to gather fully-online information on clients and customers, ;or, even if you need to gather employee information as well.

What Survey solution do you use?

Qualtrics Research Core review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"Qualtrics is useful for complex data collection"

What do you like best?

I taught myself to use Qualtrics, and that was relatively easy to do. I like that I can build complex surveys for advanced data collection. Additionally, when I download the data from Qualtrics directly, it is easy to import into statistical data analysis programs. I also really like that Qualtrics can be programmed to be very personalized as far as aesthetic design goes (adding a logo, etc).

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced features were difficult to use, and I didn't necessarily find their tutorials to be helpful. However, my experience with Qualtrics has been overall very positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is an excellent system to use for data collection. Surveys are relatively easy to design and fast to implement.

I have used Qualtrics to run multiple online studies. Qualtrics has been the mode of data collection and survey delivery.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Cynae T.
Cynae T.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendliness of the product. It is easy to get started quickly and create a professional looking survey that has enough features for advanced survey usage. I've used this product for several years and trained others how to use. It is a much more robust program than what survey monkey appears to be. The ability to create the survey to run on a loop as if at a kiosk is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

While the site is user-friendly, the image upload feature could use some tweaking especially in the area of previews. I wish the preview appeared more realistic and true to the size it will be in the survey. Only after viewing the drafted survey can you get a sense of how the image appears to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it, use it. You won't be disappointed. As a consultant, I've repeatedly recommended this product to clients looking for a great survey and reporting tool. And because of its robust reporting features, clients also give this software rave reviews.

Customer engagement, needs assessment, and training effectiveness was surveyed and the data was analyzed very succinctly.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Elizabeth F.
Elizabeth F.

"Qualtrics Business Review"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is extremely customer friendly and in my opinion is the epitome of what a software should provide the customer.

What do you dislike?

That there aren't more opportunitiesf for your service here at Duke or that we are unable to clone you, the entire division :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not only is the ease of software phenomenal, the customer service support team, without a doubt, far surpasses any level of support I have encountered in my 20 years here at Duke. They have even gone so far as to call me on my personal cell to confirm that our needs had been met fully after we were disconnected. I have never spoken to anyone there in the support division who wasn't thrilled or eager to assist.

We are able to utilize the platform for all of our data collection needs. Data is able to be extracted in many different formats therefore allowing us to provide feedback in many different variables

Qualtrics Research Core review by Jordan R.
Jordan R.

"Awesome software"

What do you like best?

Intuitive platform and Gamelike Questions

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat buggy - there are always 1 or 2 things that don't work like they should. But they're usually fixed shortly - I would just like to not have the issue in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is great if you have simple surveys to send out that you want to engage customers. It's a very clean, intuitive platform. They are constantly updating their software, too, which is nice because they're always at the cutting edge of technology.

Allows me to gather insight from customers. We use it to survey the attendees of our webinars to get feedback so we can improve our webinars and get new ideas for topics. We also use these suggestions for our user conference, too, if we feel like they are a good fit. Since the surveys are easy to create and easy to understand for our registrants, we get a great response rate and are able to gather clean data to use to make decisions.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Cameron L.
Cameron L.

"Best survey tool on the web (errr, offline too)"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use. Anyone can jump in and, with very little effort, become proficient enough to create, program, distribute, and monitor a survey. If your organization only needs descriptive analysis, they got you covered too. They have an effective list of partners who are willing to take the analysis deeper when needed.

What do you dislike?

The documentation isn't great, especially since they updated to the new platform. Most of the tutorials/guides are specific to the previous system, which makes learning more complex techniques difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always have someone help you design surveys and the resulting analysis if you don't have an internal team dedicated to these things - at least initially. I've seen too many people waste research because they think they can merely rely on their own expertise.

Efficiency when it comes to time management with primary research has gone way up since we switched to Qualtrics. We tried a number of other services before, but they weren't as useful at at streamlining and replicating our work as Qualtrics. They save us a ton of time, and then data management is more reliable through Qualtrics.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Qualtrics' intuitive design allows focus on advanced, creative use cases."

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Qualtrics is it's ability to maintain an easy to use UI for beginning users while providing deep options like SAML authentication, JavaScript embedding, advanced quotas, etc. Many applications are designed either for advanced use or basic use. Qualtrics supplies the UI of a simple application with the depth of an advanced tool set.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a true LTI. I was excited to hear that an LTI was being built for Canvas, but we do not use that LMS. A true LTI should work (and port to the grade book) with any LMS that follow the standard. I look forward to seeing more development on the integration of LMSs soon.

With our SAML integration, we are able to port users directly to multiple portions of a survey based on data we already have for our users. Many processes have been automated through the use of Web Services connecting deep user data to decision moments within a survey or form.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Elizabeth F.
Elizabeth F.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Very easy to add, remove, and/or move questions for ordering and page layout. Can import questions from another survey, and/or an external file.

What do you dislike?

The emailing system can be a little weird to set up initially, especially when trying to create mailing lists. However, once the lists are set up, it's easy to set up reminders and thank you emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great investment for universities. It's all web-based, and a single paid university account can let all of your faculty, staff, and students have access to a partially-branded system without any hassles.

I've used qualtrics surveys for a variety of things: including event registration, education/program evaluation, and customer/client feedback. The variety of question types available makes it very flexible in terms of what things it can be used for. There are a number of built-in response types (yes, no; agree-disagree, etc) that automatically populate for the number of desired answers. For instance, a table of questions can be set up with an Agree-Disagree scale of 3, 5, 7, etc answers and it will automatically display and code the responses for all of the questions in the table. There are a variety of answer types that can be selected as well, include text boxes, text areas, and essay fields, which each allow for a different number of characters to be inputted.

Scoring is easy to set up. It can be set manually, such as for multiple choice questions in which only 1 answer should be given a point, or automatically numbered (1 - 4 for example for a 4 answer multiple choice questions) so that export of the results is easy and clear. The export process is relatively easy and offers a variety of file types. I've only used an excel, csv format, but others are available. The system can also automatically generate specific reports in regards to the questions and answers selected, which makes it easy to get a clear summary of responses.

The system also includes a test option, in which the system will automatically generate a number of responses (user set) in order to test output, question logic, etc. Individual responses can be deleted, and thus not included in the reports, so these are easily removed once survey development is done.

As the company/university has a pro account, it also helps lend an air of official-ness to the emails and surveys that were lacking with other platforms.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Elyse A.
Elyse A.

"Qualtrics makes it insanely easy to build surveys and analyze results."

What do you like best?

The options when building surveys. Any kind of question you can imagine is already built into the interface and is incredibly easy to build out. You can make surveys as intricate or as simple as you need without a lot of effort.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a little discombobulated at times. It takes more clicks than I would like to see ALL survey information, but once you get the hang of it, all of the information is there - you just have to know where and how to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time learning the ins-and-outs of reporting analytics. Once you have a solid grasp on how Qualtrics presents data, you can build your questions out better to get the answers you're looking for.

We are using Qualtrics for both surveys and application forms. It has helped us easily reach our constituents and present them with a clean, professional looking survey. The answers we've received through Qualtrics surveys have helped us better solicit and segment our populations. Application forms we've built in Qualtrics have given us the opportunity to thoroughly explain questions and ensure applicants understand them. It's also allowed applicants the ability to upload documents and provide us with more information compared to our previous survey client.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Aditya D.
Aditya D.

"Qualtrics is a very simple and easy to use platform for sending surveys."

What do you like best?

The fact that data can be download in a CSV format is the best thing as the data can then be analyzed with ease. The questions that I want to ask and the answers I want to receive can all be laid out in the survey. Qualtrics allows manipulation of the answer format, for example, I can edit the likert scale of the Agree response format. In addition, the survey can be previewed in the mobile format that I find very useful.

What do you dislike?

The IP address of the person taking the survey is known which is not a good thing for security purposes. Also, Qualtrics does not show the full name of the survey if the name is too long. This is annoying as I would need to open the survey to identify it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to maximize all of the features of Qualtrics as there are plenty. Also, Qualtrics allows the user to create surveys with ease. The format for the answer response can be chosen very easily too.

I am able to model the readiness levels of employees using Qualtrics. The benefit of the data analysis feature is very crucial to my work. The responses received from the surveys are organized very well in the format downloaded.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kristy P.
Kristy P.

"Voice of Customer at its best"

What do you like best?

I find the tool intuitive and for the most part easy to use. I love that the tool opens so many doors for research and allows me to provide the best solution to our stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

There may have been a few things that feel a bit disjointed but that could have been part of the learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitey worth the investment, and judging by what I’ve seen at x4 there is plenty to come!

We’re expanding our Voice of Customer program for our website and hope to gain some valuable insights from our customers. While we’re still working on whaf that is all going to look like, and immediate benefit is the savings on time and resources as we’re able to do changes on the fly without relying on dev teams and scheduling.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

" Qualtrics Newbie"

What do you like best?

The training videos made self-teaching easier. The customer service chat box and phone call was great. When setting up a 'new theme', the theme customer service was very communicative and responsive, I found this to make the process stress free.

What do you dislike?

The only two things that have bothered me... 1) If you insert any 'logic's' into your form, you are unable to have a Back Button on the page.

2) I found it a little confusing trying to figure out how to create a new theme and what the steps were, (especially because the person who assisted me via the qualtrics chat function gave me incorrect information) BUT once I did figure it out, it was all good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a way for the back button to be available even if 'logics' are in place.

We only use it for creating registration forms and internal surveys. The researchers we work with use this to create protocols for their research. As far as I can tell this works very well for them.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Research
User in Research

"Premier Survey Platform"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Qualtrics is its ability to let you ask any question you want in practically any form, and receive both quantitative and qualitative data as a result that can be easily analyzed.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Qualtrics is that it can be very difficult to learn how to efficiently use this survey platform due to its complexity. Qualtrics can do a lot, but in turn, it takes a while to learn how to use it. Essentially, what makes it the best survey platform around, also makes it difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend one of two different courses of action if you are in need of survey software. If you decide to implement Qualtrics within your company, make sure that everyone who will come in contact with the software goes through a tutorial or training course of some kind. If they don't, there will be a huge learning curve and internal support for the software will dwindle. I would also keep in mind that when surveys are begun in Qualtrics but not completed by the survey respondent, Qualtrics keeps a log of all partial responses.

Second, I would also have you consider if Google Forms might be an appropriate solution for your situation. Google Forms is much simpler to use than Qualtrics, but is also has fewer capabilities. Google Forms also has the added bonus of being able to create a Google Sheet that is automatically updated in real-time as surveys are completed, though partial responses are not recorded like they are in Qualtrics.

I currently have four teams completing market research for various clients across the nation. Qualtrics surveys are one method that we use to collect and record information from potential consumers and competitors. It has allowed my teams to

Qualtrics Research Core review by Michelle F.
Michelle F.

"Excellent and easy to use survey platform"

What do you like best?

It's SO SIMPLE. The copy and paste functionality is amazing. It basically makes magic even when I come at it with garbage from Word. So simple to add and remove questions. The interface is really good looking too.

What do you dislike?

While it's not difficult to set up a nice looking reporting mechanism, it does take time. I wish the report outs were a bit fancier looking without having to do a bunch of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really spend the time to learn about the reporting. This thing can do SO MUCH without having to spend an arm and a leg.

I use the platform for internal surveys, mainly for events, but also to gauge our internal communications efforts. It's so easy to use and execute, I don't have to spend much time at all working with the software to get a good, clean, mobile ready survey in minutes.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"Workhorse survey platform"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics offers a lot of functionality combined with a relatively simple interface. Some of my favorite things are the UX touches like letting the user paste a list of responses (one on each line) and automatically converting it to response items.

What do you dislike?

The report formatting could use some work. Depending on the length of response labels, words get cut off or wrapped oddly. Providing more control over formatting of the charts would help. I also want a greater range of visualizations that support common survey question types, such as Max-Diff or Van Westendorp. Currently, those have to be generated using other tools. Finally, there are some weird things in the admin interface, like being unable to see a complete list of surveys that have been created across all users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do one or two surveys on the platform and see whether it's overkill for your needs.

Our strategy is driven by data and one important source is customer insights. Qualtrics makes it quick and affordable to gather these insights often.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Sarah D.
Sarah D.

"Useful survey design tool"

What do you like best?

Overall, Qualtrics provides an excellent interface to create online surveys. There is a lot of flexibility in the way questions can be formatted, and the coding options are convenient.

I also have very much appreciated the customer service -- even when they couldn't solve my problem, they went above and beyond to try to help me and were conscientious in their follow-up.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to program the surveys so that the "Enter" button would progress the user to the next page using one keystroke, for both the web and mobile applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to, use Javascript to program unique features into your survey.

I use Qualtrics to accomplish most of my research and it has been so valuable. I really appreciate how you can distribute surveys in a variety of ways.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Helped me improve data collection and analysis"

What do you like best?

The ability to analyze data to understand trends.

What do you dislike?

Distributing surveys is confusing. I distributed via emails and I thought I would be able to go back to complete responses on behalf of individuals who completed paper surveys, but I wasn't able to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is a great data collection and analytics tool if that's what you're looking for.

I use qualtrics to receive feedback from students regarding my staff performance. This had previously been done using paper. This has helped us cut down on our use of paper, increase response rates, and improve data analytics. I've also noticed longer and more detailed comments using Qualtrics than I received using paper.

I've also used Qualtrics to evaluate my staff trainings. This has helped us to identify areas of improvement for future trainings.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"The Best Survey Platform On The Market"

What do you like best?

I have used several other survey platforms but none of the others come close to what Qualtrics provides. The design and functionality are easy to follow, the options for question types are broad, survey distribution and data analysis is as easy as can be.

The main reason I can give you for using Qualtrics is that the main components are extremely easy to use and it'll definitely help your research efforts.

You will not be disappointed if you choose Qualtrics.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that some of the features such as setting quota limits can be tricky to apply. The skip-logic and display-logic following on from questions such as matrix tables can be tricky to apply also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To be honest, Qualtrics has everything it needs to be an outstanding research platform. I don't have any complaints as such but something that would make the platform easier for me is for them to set-up page display logic instead of just skip-logic. This is just a personal preference to me for how I build the surveys that we distribute.

Qualtrics offer a complete package for research needs. Everything I want to be done from field work to data analysis can be done via Qualtrics.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management
Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"A Powerful Tool to Track Data"

What do you like best?

I appreciate having the ability to streamline our application process and add email triggers when certain conditions have been met. It makes it easier for me to track workshop requests and to automatically alert facilitators

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit overwhelming at first. I recommend taking the time to use the support website (it is amazing) and don't be afraid to call customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to devel into the support website. You do not have to know what a feature is called, just type in what you would like it to do. Also, take advantage of the customer support line- I have yet to encounter a feature I would like to add and not be able to do it quickly after speaking with them.

We were previously tracking Institute participants using a HTML coded internal browser which was problematic to say the least. The benefits have been a simpler process for our staff.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Amallie Theresita  A.
Amallie Theresita A.

"Product 360 "

What do you like best?

I like how easy to connect and raise my concerns to the Qualtrics Support Team and they are very well versed about the system and create a positive way of communicating the troubleshooting or workaround on the issues raised.

What do you dislike?

Since I am from Philippines and I have to call form various hotlines trying per avail country, the only challenge I have would be that one and no screen sharing can be provided. Nonetheless, the specialists are good in terms of explaining to the clients the background and fix when a concern is raised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aside from they are innovative, easy to use and always gets to be up-to-date, they always make sure that clients will be at ease to use this with primary support given.

It would normally for survey accessibility entailing respondent's issues in terms of going through the survey, fixing a survey, correcting the scoring in the metadata when the survey scores are being read.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Erin L.
Erin L.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Customer Service - when I had a major problem with the service Victoria K was very helpful and made me feel like a priority to the company. She handled my concern within five minutes, after our campus team was working on the same problem for three months. I was very satisfied with the help that she provided and my supervisor was grateful for her hands on approach.

What do you dislike?

Interface - I think the UI is great, but for someone coming from another system I really could use a training on the software. It is not as intuitive as I thought it would be.

Survey data from our student employees. We are able to capture a larger amount of information from the survey results we collect. Our students have a hard time remembering to open emails and read them fully, so looking at the percentage that has been completed helps us determine who is reading and opening the web page links in our emails in a quick snapshot.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Seamless Reporting Tool for Surveys"

What do you like best?

Live connection to data, data mapping very easy. Ticketing is fantastic- allows us to easily contact customers in an efficient and timely manner. The support team is also phenomenal. They have tons of resources, and any questions I've had have been answered promptly!

What do you dislike?

Not as much flexibility building widgets as other tools, limited graphs/charts. Also limited colors. Overall, this is not a huge drawback, but I came from using Tableau, so I am a little jaded as far as customization goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. Salesforce embedded data was relatively easy. Building widgets/data mapping can be confusing for a novice user, but someone with experience building dashboards can pick it up very easily. The live updates are very impressive, and ticketing is very useful. It is important to contact unhappy customers immediately to have the biggest impact, and Qualtrics allows us to do this in a very seamless process. Also, Qualtrics helps us identify passive customers- these are areas of opportunity to have a big impact with minimal effort. If we can do one thing differently, we can convert them into promoters.

live survey responses, allowing us to contact customers right away and have the biggest impact

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"In-depth analytics"

What do you like best?

I like the option to play more deeply with analytics after data collection, than a tool such as Survey Monkey. I think this tool is great for those interested in getting a little more detail out of their data.

What do you dislike?

The analytics tools are great, but not super user friendly. I find that when I click on a certain area of the screen under the "reporting" tool, I'm forwarded to a tool I didn't know I had asked for. It takes some getting used to, in addition to some bugs I think Qualtrics needs to work out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make time to learn the software before beginning its use. It works for my organization as our studies department also uses the tool, making inner-communication great. However, it might bog things down if others in your network are not using the tool.

Discovering commute patterns from our University community. We've been able to present the information gathered in order to make the case for University investments, or at least hold discussions about how the University should proceed based on commute patterns.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Mary Ellen W.
Mary Ellen W.

"Great data collection tool"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is a robust data collection platform with excellent customer service. I like that I have found other ways of using this in our office beyond just collecting survey data. The Qualtrics University feature usually has answers to my questions but when I have had to reach out for direct customer service questions, their staff walks me through what I need to do in a timely response.

What do you dislike?

Not much to tell you the truth! The only two things I can think of are that I wish their annual conference was a little bit more reasonable, especially this past year when it had an education-focus. I would pay a cheaper rate if I could have been able to view some of the conference presentations online. Second, I am in the process of collecting more qualitative data and I wish they had a more robust way to process that data. With that though, all of the data exports in ways that I can use it so it is not a huge issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the examples they have of others in your field that use their product- it will give you a good idea of the possibilities of the platform. Additionally, they offer different free professional development online opportunities though out the year- I work in education so they are not always related to my specific work but I have been able to adapt some of the strategies in my line of work. If you are considering other platforms I would learn more about what types of customer service they offer. Qualtrics is setup in that most of the time I am able to get my answer from their online help tool but the times I have needed to speak to someone the service is excellent.

I work in education and our university uses Qualtrics as its survey platform. I primarily use it to assess the effectiveness of the program I lead on campus, however, I have also used it in hiring processes, event planning, a mechanism for registration, and as an educational tool. Qualtrics offers some pre-designed reporting tools which creates less work in getting data out their to appropriate constituents. In addition to tutorial videos/how-to guides I have always appreciated their quick to respond customer service team for the times I have needed direct help with a project. If you work in an educational setting- Qualtrics is an excellent program to use for your data collection needs.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Ho'omana Nathan H.
Ho'omana Nathan H.

"Clean, highly customizable, and professional survey distribution platform"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics offers more options for survey creation and distribution than nearly any other survey platform I've used, and makes data collection, storage, and analysis a fairly painless process.

What do you dislike?

It's not always very user friendly up front, but they have great documentation and with a little work, you can become an expert quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest the time in exploring their documentation and tutorials and your experience will be much easier and more productive.

I'm currently using Qualtrics to distribute linguistic research to a targeted population. The anonymizing features make the software particularly attractive for the sensitive nature of some of the data I'm collecting. The output format of the data is also highly pliable and can be output into any number of analysis platforms, from Excel to SPSS and others.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Jake W.
Jake W.

"Qualtrics is a FANTASTIC survey platform with Great Customer Support!"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I really appreciate with Qualtrics, but I think the most important feature is that the tool is simply intuitive to learn. Most every feature is located where you would expect them to be, and the commands functions as you would expect. I have learned how to use this tool mostly on my own and it has been very easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I'm used to having on other platforms that don't exist. Most of these are minor, but it would be nice to see some added features in the future. I've suggested some of these features by submitting a ticket to Qualtrics, and they've always been very responsive and have let me know that they will consider adding features to future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics will save you time, energy, and stress. Above that, you will become much more effective at gathering and analyzing data.

We have converted many large-scale, paper-based survey projects. We are now able to EFFICIENTLY gather qualitative data from our students and employees. We spend less time creating the tool, managing the survey, and reporting results. Qualtrics has given us back some time we would have spent managing a survey, and instead we can use that time for planning and decision making.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Farjana M.
Farjana M.

"Very Professional"

What do you like best?

The customization and accessible features. removing opt-out link. cross tabs in data analysis. retaking survey option

What do you dislike?

For SSO we have to pay cash. I believe it should be for free for institutions that have license with Qualtrics.

Using it for University Survey. Can be given to huge number. alot of options available.having various language support. report generation with specifics. cross tabs in data analysis. The option to send multiple reminders to who started survey. Hpwever, the some features need to be added. Like ,the total of responses in progress and total of finished surveys. Also, we need more flexibility when it comes to requesting features rather than contacting brand admin all the time.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Alma M.
Alma M.

"Great and helpful experience with Qualtrics support"

What do you like best?

I´m quite bad with tecnology and I had doubts on how to use qualtrics questionnaires. I was quite exceptical on contacting the support staff through chat because in other companies their help is not very efficient. HOwever I got a very fast , helpful and polite response from qualtrics staff. I even received a video explainig how I should solve my doubt.

What do you dislike?

I dont have anything which I do not like about qualtrics stuff. I had a great experience.

I got all the necessary data I needed for my research. I was considering using google questionnaire of monkey survey. However, Qualtrics seemed to me the more efficient and easy to use.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"Easy to use and surprisingly sophisticated "

What do you like best?

I like how easy they've made every aspect of surveying; the design, distribution, tracking, analysis, and reporting. Research Core saves me time and helps me produce high quality results. Qualtrics customer support is easily the best I've ever experienced, which gives me more confidence to take on more complex projects. I look forward to working on my survey projects thanks to the brilliant design and technology of Qualtrics Research Core.

What do you dislike?

When creating an email distribution I dislike the lack of options available for designing an attractive, polished email and that the only way to preview your email design is to email it to yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend Qualtrics Research Core to anyone - experienced or not. It's powerful, smart, easy to use, and your designs can be as simple or as sophisticated as you need. The customer support is top notch!

We are using Qualtrics Research Core to not only survey employees and students in the traditional sense, but we also use it for collecting reports, conducting assessments, and even as a mode to update individual's online directory information.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Tejal P.
Tejal P.

"Fantastic! "

What do you like best?

how user friendly you make it from set up to reporting. you have a lot of products to offer and you've reduced the turnaround time deliverables significantly. your product challenges our consultant's deliverables, by providing it quicker and in a more simplified way.

What do you dislike?

how some of the platforms are siloed (vocalize vs research suite). I wish the set up was more automated so that one error wouldn't send contradicting data from dashboard vs qualtrics reporting. i also wish you had more options for smaller needs. we'd love to use text iq but not all of our programs are at a large scale where the cost make sense for us. we have a few programs that would really benefit from text iq and statiq, but again, just a few out of the many other surveys we use qualtrics for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they are ahead of their game and are continuously launching new features and products within that can allow you more time to work with your product based on feedback .... not spend so much time in setting up / reporting. if used right, this product can be instramental to customer insights and feedback, and improving/better brand experience.

replace our consultant and use him for other types of research - more qualitative or for more analytical that qualtrics cannot currently serve.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Cassie W.
Cassie W.

"Research in Rural Areas"

What do you like best?

I love the intuitive layout of the Research Core platform. It is so easy to use and to collaborate with others in my academic department and beyond. The ability to generate and share graphic reports is a huge benefit to my team. We also utilize the internal mailing features to reach our clients. It is wonderful that we can customize the mailings to look like they come directly from our organization.

What do you dislike?

I wish we had more access to the features of other platforms. The research core platform is somewhat limiting in the ability to answer the experience questions that Qualtrics focuses on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend using the Research Core platform, but I would encourage all potential Qualtrics users to explore all the available platforms and decide which is the best fit for their needs.

I am translating business goals into research questions and then exploring consumer relationships with those goals. We are also implementing internal feedback into our organization so we can constantly improve the quality of our programming based on the needs and interests of our clients.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Robust survey software"

What do you like best?

Fully featured and intuitive. Setting up a survey is very easy and there are a lot of different question types. Being able to customize the survey flow, display logic, and embedded data provides enormous flexibility. Qualtrics offers excellent support as well. The ability to call or chat with someone to answer a question right away is very helpful. They have a large number of help articles and on demand webinars also.

What do you dislike?

Compared to the survey platform, reporting still has a ways to go. Out of the box reports are good, but customizing reports is more time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support and training is incredible.

Used to collect feedback from students, faculty and staff on a variety of topics.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Christijan D.
Christijan D.

"Qualtrics team members have been very accommodating and the service has been fast and responsive."

What do you like best?

Platform for creating surveys, access to the panel service and the site intercept feature.

What do you dislike?

Reporting options have not been aligned with my question types very well and I've had less luck in figuring out how to display the data well compared to creating the actual surveys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Qualtrics off and on with a free account and early in my graduate studies. I've pitched it to various employers, but this is the first time I've had the budget to use it. It's expensive, but I've always felt they've tried hard to improve the product and so far in this implementation, the people I've worked with at Qualtrics have been very helpful and I'm looking forward to having the kind of data I need to make sound decisions.

Understanding our customers. We're early in the process and have not seen benefits other than just having actual data that can inform our business decisions.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Rani D.
Rani D.

"The customer support for Qualtrics is one of the best that I have ever encountered in the industry."

What do you like best?

Six days/week 24/7 if you are stumped on a Qualtrics project, you can get prompt support via a phone call. Email takes a little longer but is also prompt and thorough. At 99.9% and using Qualtrics for over 6 years, every single support person that I speak with is helpful, polite, patient, enthusiastic and most importantly, extremely knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a formal online user community for Qualtrics administrators where we could support and empower each other with best practices...even creating our own survey libraries. For now I belong to the Qualtrics linked in community but I wish that we had our own wiki. Qualtrics is still not great for longitudinal surveys/panel data or traditional experimental design studies. For that I recommend REDCap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool should be part of any university's or business's research toolbox.

If one is soundly grounded in the literature of one's academic discipline and of good survey design, as well as in the ethics of online human subjects research, one can very easily design powerful surveys to collect research data.

"Great survey software"

What do you like best?

Very high end survey software that offers javascript functionality as well as all sorts of important features.

Most fully featured software on the market with a variety of question types, distribution options, download options and analysis options.

Their customer service is also very helpful in survey design.

What do you dislike?

Does not allow collaboration simultaneously with colleagues. In fact, can often fail to save correctly when multiple people are working on the same survey at the same time.

Sometimes does not autosave correctly when working on the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support is very helpful in terms of letting you know how to implement the exact survey that you are interested in implementing. I highly suggest working with them.

I do a lot of market research and qualtrics helps me understand my consumer and how they are thinking. They also help me visualize the data that I am collecting as well as to analyze it thoroughly.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Great user experience"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is easy to use. I am able to program a relatively complex survey in a few short hours or less. Even for first time users, Qualtrics is easy to learn and perform the necessary tasks to complete a survey. The links to outside programs such as SPSS are invaluable and save a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

Lacks robust statistical analyses such as MaxDiff, conjoint, choice based conjoint, etc. I wish the distribution tool was easier to use, but once you go through a couple rounds you get the hang of it. I had to use the helpline the first time, but eventually I got the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics will handle 90% of the consumer insights responsibilities required by most companies. It may be a bit more pricey but the ease of survey programming is worth it.

Garnering consumer insights for a variety of industries and business problems including general market research regarding consumer tastes, brand identity, etc.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Robust survey/analytics tool with a few small bugs"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics has been my best friend in the statistics world, starting in college through my professional career. Of all the existing survey platforms on the web Qualtrics is the best. It has features for randomization, control vs experimental conditions, screening people based on previous responses, assigning embedded data to participants for sorting later, almost everything you could want for a scientific survey study. It features two ways of sorting through data, either in their data viewer which allows you to sort based on responses or by exporting larger aggregate reports in Excel, Powerpoint, or as a PDF for sharing with your team. Another huge draw to Qualtrics is that it can be used as an email distribution service, storing contact lists and managing opt-outs for you. You can pull samples from your contact lists of varying sizes, track open rates, and send follow up emails to those who complete the surveys.

What do you dislike?

No program for survey gathering can be perfect, and Qualtrics is not without some bugs and annoyances. For example, it's not always easy to configure the reports to show the data in a concise way, especially comparing across multiple levels - if you want to create any in-depth analysis or graphs you will likely have to work with the data by hand or in Excel. Sometimes the reports load the wrong images, which in a heatmap clicktest can cause panic thinking that the test was run with the wrong visual. I've run into a decent number of small but annoying programming errors in the site as well, such as navigation bars disappearing randomly, but those are usually temporary and don't impact the functionality of the service. The support staff has been punctual in addressing any issues that come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you running a complex study that will require pre-screening or multiple conditions? Will you want to assign participants values while keeping them anonymous to sort your data in aggregate later? Will you need to filter specifically for participants who answered a certain way and pull only their responses? Do you have a large contact list, want to email them all at once, and don't want to have to individually manage those who want to unsubscribe? If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, Qualtrics is the way to go. Simple surveys can be run on any survey platform for free, but for in-depth analytics you will want this tool.

We use Qualtrics for a few different purposes. First and foremost we use it for customer surveys, annually we send out a survey to customers for feedback on the product and we send smaller ones through the year. We also use it for NPS scoring and feedback after you close some of our programs. Additionally our research team uses Qualtrics to screen participants for research studies and to gather contact information from respondents for future inquiries. They also run quantitative data studies through Qualtrics, such as click testing for icons. Occasionally we will use it internally, to decide on future projects or activities as a group.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Higher Education

"Efficient for survey development and data dissemination"

What do you like best?

I didn't know how to use Qualitrics except was told "here it is and use it". There are several helpful guides that walk you through step-by-step how to build surveys, the various types of surveys, and then how to actually build a survey. There are several options for data dissemination. It can be overwhelming at first, but going through any of the step-by-step guides are the most helpful.

What do you dislike?

Trying to obtain help from staff for Qualtrics can be frustrating, especially when there is a time sensitive matter that needs to be solved quickly. There are times when I have spent several hours on the phone trying to get a simple matter resolves. At times it can also take days to have something solved.

My company uses Qualtrics for national random control trial studies, so we need software that is going to be quick and easy to use. We also use the data dissemination for data analysis purposes. We use this data to write scientific papers.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"Qualtrics is invaluable to our operations"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is an incredibly user-friendly tool that is invaluable to the work that we do. It is easy to use with clients, as a teaching tool, and for research purposes. Qualtrics is far more advanced than other similar products on the market, enabling us to do extremely complex surveys. Qualtrics support is also fantastic and always helpful and there when needed. Qualtrics has also been a great help in enabling us to build panels and recontact respondents.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Qualtrics. The only major improvement would be bettering their preview function - not including preview data in the results, allowing more fluidity in going through the survey in preview mode, and creating a separate type of preview link for clients without having to activate the survey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give Qualtrics a try! Excellent tool for small and large organizations alike.

Qualtrics is integral to our business. We use it for multiple client projects, in courses as a teaching tool, and for our own research. We also use it for creating panels and contacting clients. Qualtrics has especially been beneficial when it comes to quality control, allowing us to automatically verify respondents when a project calls for it and to carefully control samples and fielding processes.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Sylvain P.
Sylvain P.

"Powerful tool... but expensive"

What do you like best?

I'm brand administrator for a very large company and we are using Qualtrics since 3 year and half now. This solution is very efficient and user friendly which is key for a non IT company.

The large number of questions type available and the advanced features proposed by the solution are excellent and you can create almost all the surveys you need to achieve your goals internally for your employees, or externally with your customers.

The support is also quite efficient and responsive but they need to have additional office in Asia to cover WW timezone

What do you dislike?

The price which is definitely high, and each new features or options which is not activated by default is billed for a quite high price, for instance the mobile option is around 4K$/8K$ per year which is very high knowing that the solution is already 50K$ for a large company usage.

Another thing is that they are applying some internal changes and you (sometimes) discover it when you are facing issue... In fact they have updated their product in the backend without informing their customers about the potential effect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check number of users and answers expected for a year because it will have an impact on the price

Create you own community of users internally to promote the tool, kind of business angels

Have a close relationship with your key account manager in order to have all the last features activated

Mainly used for external customer satisfaction survey and internally to measure the employees satisfaction and feedback.

Qualtrics Research Core review by NM O.
NM O.

"Great Survey Analytics"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of Qualtrics is impressive. Compiling reports has never been easier. The survey creation is a typical set-up allowing you to create questions as you go, with options for multiple types of question formats (multiple choice, true false, hot spot, Likert scale, etc.). The reporting can be done with text, charts or word clouds thanks to the latest Qualtrics update. You can also save reports in multiple formats. Survey sharing is easy with links or email blasts, but we often embed our surveys into an already existing site. This is my preferred survey software while at work. It just feels more professional than the other popular survey creation softwares.

What do you dislike?

By default, when building your report and exporting it to Word or PDF, each question takes up one page. So if you have a 20 question survey, you will have a 20 page report. This is my only major complaint, and can be fixed by using the backspace button in Word to decrease the space between questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple and intuitive once you learn the software. It looks more professionally appealing than some other survey software.

Survey creation software that embeds well with LMS. Complex survey creation with descriptive reports for analytics

Qualtrics Research Core review by Ellen K.
Ellen K.

"So customizable it's crazy good"

What do you like best?

That I can create next level interactive quizzes, forms, and surveys with EACH client's own look and feel, with creative engaged person to person support

What do you dislike?

Volume based pricing does NOT work for lead generation quizzes, and I am supporting an entrepreneurial community who needs what I offer. I cannot do the things that seem simple, like automatically export the contact info and key responses to their email marketing, like share results on social media (so the answers get pulled into the post). Answers I get from support are often here's what others have done, but they don't know enough about what else went on so I have to do my own sleuthing and hire programmers.

I create lead generation and other prospect engagement personality quizzes and forms. Qualtrics has much more flexibility and customization than other platforms. My clients LOVE my work.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"Qualtrics - a great survey experience!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy qualtrics is to use. I was able to make a questionnaire/edit questionnaires as a psychology research assistant. Qualtrics automatically saves your work so you don't have to worry about losing anything! You can also collaborate easily with other people because they can access your questionnaire as well if you share it with them. The survey is easy to distribute to others and track how many people have taken the survey, which is very helpful. You're also able to see who has taken the survey so you can give them credit if needed.

What do you dislike?

Qualtrics does take a little bit of time to figure out and copy and pasting survey questions into qualtrics proves to be quite difficult. The formatting can get a little tricky when you copy and paste questions with their 1-5 scale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn the program and once you do you won't regret it!

Able to solve the issue of having missed errors in psychology questionnaires by allowing others to have access to it and edit it.I've realized you can get a lot done using this app.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Rupert T.
Rupert T.

"Solid survey building software"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics has a very easy to use interface that makes it very quick and easy to upskill people on the platform. It’s also got a good degree of flexibility that allows for most survey building use cases.

What do you dislike?

Although reasonably flexible it isn’t quite as flexible as confirmit or sparq. Additionally the default setting are often weird and can only be manually changed e.g. forced response is off by default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Importing data from a previous platform is difficult so be prepared to use another solution for this e.g. SPSS.

Have been able to get most of the business to stop using surveymonkey.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Becca G.
Becca G.

"Great for surveys and linking existing data"

What do you like best?

Surveys are easy to design and recreate with variations, able to distribute via a live link rather than by emails.

What do you dislike?

Surveys are a little plain, but no complaints with usability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be able to transfer in existing surveys from another service, such as Survey Monkey. The simplest way to go about this seems to be copy/paste questions and instructional text into a Word doc/Google doc and copy/paste into the new Qualtrics survey as you create it.

Surveying students regarding satisfaction with academic coaching program. Because Qualtrics is also connected with our People Soft student enrollment data, we have data-rich reports linking demographics with responses.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Megan K.
Megan K.

"Best Platform for beginners & experts"

What do you like best?

I love that both experts and beginners can use the platform. It's built in a way that is very user-friendly, but it also has all the bells and whistles you'd like to use when doing research.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. Qualtrics makes it very easy to use, and Qualtrics Support is always available and super friendly if you're in need of assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GIve it a shot and I promise you'll never go back!

We wanted a quick way to reach out to our members aside from our quarterly (very expensive) market research. We built our own panels and answer many last-minute important business decisions that impact these members! We've realized that, even without an incentive (aside from a donation to charity on their behalf), we get amazing response from members who truly want to see us improve as a service.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Patrice F.
Patrice F.

"Great for research and data collection"

What do you like best?

There are so many user friendly features to build the survey. However, what I like the most about the features are the data analysis and reporting. While I still need to user another statistical software to conduct higher level data analysis, all of the descriptive data analysis is automatically provided in the tool. i also appreciate the new qualitative data analysis features (wordle, identifying all responses that match a specific word)

What do you dislike?

Higher level data analysis cannot be conducted in the system (regression, correlation). As an academic researcher, those level of analyses are important and I haven't quite figured out how to conduct that analysis in qualtrics.

We mostly use the system to collect data and for registration purposes. However, the new features allow for a lot of optimization that I hope to tap into in the future.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Chad O.
Chad O.

"Venturing in New Directions"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and user-friendly interface of the program are the most useful aspects for me. I have recently transitioned from Neuroscience Research, and the change from a more quantitative to a more qualitative focus is something that is exciting, but new and my skills in that aspect can be lacking at times. The Qualtrics Research core has made this transition smoother than I expected, and I have been very impressed with its functionality and robustness.

What do you dislike?

I am not always sure that I am knowledgeable enough to find things that I don't like. To put it another way, I feel like there are always techniques that I am not aware of that would make things more "likable."

We look at a lot of survey data in response to our professional development training for educators.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Tay G.
Tay G.

"The No. 1 Research Tool for Me!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Qualtrics for three years and appreciate not only the flexibility and power of their survey tools, but also their speedy technical support. Whenever I have a query that goes beyond my scope of knowledge within the program, I can easily raise a support ticket. The response of the consultants is fast, friendly and always answers my question or meets my needs.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have had with the product was in exporting the survey to pdf format. I ended up having to undertake a large amount of editing before it was in the format I required for reporting purposes in my field. More options for exporting templates into word and/or pdf format would be helpful in my profession.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not hesitate to recommend Qualtrics. It is a highly reliable, flexible and powerful data tool.

Being an education researchers, Qualtrics powerful survey design tool has allowed me to reach a wide audience. Being able to send a link directly to an online survey tool, also maximises participation rates. The flexibility of the program allows me to ensure that any survey process is easy to navigate, relevant and doesn't waste the time of the respondent.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"A fantastic survey tool that is full of amazing features"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of templates available that allow for quickly creating surveys. You can easily find different formats for survey questions and also filter which questions are presented based on what questions are answered.

What do you dislike?

Survey results can be difficult to navigate and interpret. Exporting data can also be difficult given that Qualtics is not super user friendly when starting out. I have also had difficulty with sharing survey results with other members of my administration and doling out privledges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a few webinars to get started with Qualtircs. Qualtrics has so many features that you can easily be overwhelmed.

Qualtrics is used to survey large groups of people within our organization. We have found it to be extremely efficient with regard to collecting feedback from our organization while also using various Qualtrics insights to gleam more information from our results.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kris N.
Kris N.

"Amazing and professional tool "

What do you like best?

it is easy and can be customized and configured as you think. you feel that you do programming to get what you need without code. everything you need to make your research or survey more efficient

you can find lots of ready template and customize as you like.

lots of samples

create your own and review the result

export to other statistic app and import smoothly

validate the patterns with advances graphical portal

What do you dislike?

maybe price :) but still the best as functional wise

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommended. you can find ready template and build your own

get the shiny graphical and great dashboard

enrich with your own logo and import data from other souses

validate the data and review the results

market research , MBA assignment and survey

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kerry M.
Kerry M.

"A versatile product with great support"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is a powerful and versatile tool that goes way beyond normal a normal survey solution. The great online documentation and the fast, friendly, and comprehensive support provided by the Qualtrics team enable novice and experienced users alike to use Qualtrics in highly effective ways.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this application...occasionally I discover minor annoyances: for example: NPS scores should not be displayed with percentage signs but the Qualtrics reporting tool displays them this way. However Qualtrics staff are always helpful at finding workarounds for any minor issues I discover, and I believe that my feedback is taken seriously and used to make improvements to the application.

We originally subscribed to the Qualtrics Research Suite in order to do NPS and other customer experience surveys, and we have been very happy with the tool. However, in the one and a half years that we have used this product, we have found Qualtrics to be useful in so many other ways. We have used it for: online quizzes in our e-newsletter; interactive quizzes for staff training; recruiting for in-person focus groups; a Q&A section on our website; a testimonial collector in the signature of every staff email; a workflow tool for submitting project requests; and much more.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Romain M.
Romain M.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The support is great. Generally a response is received within a few minutes. The tone is also generally very friendly and helpful. There is also a wealth of information available online for those like me who like to investigate an issue themselves before to go through the Helpdesk. It is pretty extensive and logically organized. An amazing thing is that out of four new feature request that have been suggested by me or a colleague working in the same office all of them have been implemented. usually within days of the suggestion being made. That's pretty cool.

What do you dislike?

Reports are occasionally unstable. Values in the report tables or graph change without reason.

Some of the reporting formats are quite clunky not always easy to get the reports formatted the way you would like them to be.

Occasionally the product is very slow to analyse data especially when it comes to open-ended values.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some of their new feature aren't always well polished before release got to be aware of that. It might be the price to pay if you want to have all the new gadgets available asap.

Institutional research. Going with Qualtrics has enabled us to rationalize our operations. Much better looking surveys with better logic and coding. The turnaround time for our reporting has also increased dramatically for the reports which we generate directly in Qualtrics. It's virtually instantaneous!

Qualtrics Research Core review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Review of Qualtrics"

What do you like best?

For very basic surveys, Qualtrics is really user friendly for new users. It walks you step by step on how to set up your questions and offers easy ways to disseminate your work and make it public or private. The data analytics and visualization are also clear and easy to work with; however, it should be noted that it is not the best software for complex data analysis and is more suited for data collection and basic analysis.

What do you dislike?

When you are trying to do more complicated surveys, such as those with skips or using multiple types of questions, the front end of the survey can get a little confusing. The page can appear crowded and difficult to navigate. I tend to get frustrated when trying to look at two questions side by side because the program will automatic shift the page to show only one question. Not a deal breaker, but certainly annoying when you have been working on it for hours and are tired of staring at the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any good survey, Qualtrics surveys will produce the best results if they are planned out thoughtfully before implementation. Knowing the design and flow of your survey on the front end will save you a whole lot of trouble when you go into the system to put it together electronically.

My organization used Qualtrics for internal surveys with partners. It was easy to create, disseminate and then keep track of who had completed the survey. It can also easily generate analytic reports for responses which come in handy when trying to look at the responses as a whole.

Qualtrics Research Core review by david n.
david n.

"Very efficient survey platform"

What do you like best?

Providing a variety of distribution patterns, easy to use, and helpful for questionnaire tracking services. Providing a powerful, diverse questionnaire format that is helpful for the collection of complex data,automate follow ups all while keeping a record of activity for measurement.

What do you dislike?

The results of the survey only support the PDF export,More options for exporting templates into word and/or pdf format would be helpful in my profession.For an initial user, creating a questionnaire is not a simple operation, a lack of template and guidance.

Help our business department, quickly, ensure the quality of the completion of data collection work

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Higher Education

"As basic or advanced as you want"

What do you like best?

I like that this tool is capable of collecting professional-quality data. I worked in market research for a few years and the data that this program is capable of collecting is on-par with the work I was doing at a fully custom agency. If you can dream up any complex survey paths, Qualtrics can likely handle it.

What do you dislike?

They recently redesigned their user interface for the worse. Once you're in one survey, it can be difficult to jump to a different survey. Also, if I open another window to copy a question from another survey, the one I'm working in gets messed up.

There can be a lot of glitches and weirdness in the reporting tool, especially if multiple employees are using the report tab in the same survey at the same time... several times it will look like all your data is mysteriously gone, only to hit refresh and it's back.

The reports themselves are a little irritating to complete. Can't find a way to edit every question at once - you can only change really high level stuff like # of decimals or color of charts. Most times, I don't want to use Qualtrics charts. I want to build my own beautiful charts in another program, but I'd love for Qualtrics to tabulate the data for me and give me the summary statistics. They make it time-consuming to complete this.

Just in general, because the tool is so powerful, its complexity often comes at expense of completing something quickly. It's less intuitive than something like Google forms, so it can take awhile to create the perfect survey, whereas Google forms, for example, is smart enough to choose the question type (open text box, multiple choice, etc.) based off the question text you type.

We use Qualtrics to send surveys and evaluations to our customers after they participate in one of our Center's events. We also use it for general information-collecting forms from time to time, when Google forms won't work because we need advanced logic, upload capability, etc.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Powerful tool with great support"

What do you like best?

Customer service is pretty amazing here compared to other places. If you're new to survey systems, this one is only recommended by me due to the fact that they have such great customer service that can walk you through the details. When we're running similar campaigns, the option to copy previous surveys is a life saver. I appreciate the use of the reports, such as cross-tabulations and downloading those report details quickly in a .pdf to share across the organization.

What do you dislike?

Brand recognition is key, so I've wondered if some people don't fill out our surveys, because they may look slightly different than any other messaging. I'd recommend somehow the ability of a bit more flexibility in branding. There are a LOT of options, so can be overwhelming at first. Once you've had a few surveys under your belt, you're definitely more accustomed to the options and understand what is really key for the data you're searching for from your customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the tutorials AND use customer service!

We are not better able to gather data and keep it in one location. It has been such a valuable tool to gain responses and actually USE the data we receive.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Alicia T.
Alicia T.

"Where have you been my whole life?"

What do you like best?

Everything - most powerful survey platform, really able to reach anyone/anytime/anywhere and gather desired insights. Now I can serve up those insights immediately via real-time report sharing or dashboards to targeted recipients through triggers and process data and analytics on platform and/or connect seamlessly to a host of additional software capabilities. Truly powerful. Staff are incredibly helpful and our interactions always end on a win-win.

What do you dislike?

At times we've been frustrated with not knowing when a fix to the software has been completed. Only way to really find out is go in and try again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can not consider a survey and insights platform without also fully vetting Qualtrics.

We are gathering real time insights to inform creative development, we've used Qualtrics to build and host our own consumer insights panel. We've benefited by going to pitches smarter, by delivering value add to our clients when and where we can.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Charlotte A.
Charlotte A.

"Flying a rocket ship"

What do you like best?

First using Qualtrics can feel like piloting a rocket ship. There are so many parts and you're not always sure you're doing it right. But the customer service, materials, and simple platform make flying this rocket ship a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I think the software could do more to be market research friendly. I frequently feel the platform engineers features because it can, but does not take into perspective the market research implications. An example if their new Conjoint Analysis tool. It's great they have that capability, but what are you, Qualtrics, doing to teach customers how to use and interpret those data appropriately / accurately?

Recommendations to others considering the product

See comment about what I don't like

Makes surveying an easy process for programmer and respondent. Using Qualtrics to fill in knowledge gaps about our customers.

"Easy Survey Tool!"

What do you like best?

We run several similar surveys, so I greatly appreciate the option to copy surveys. It also have a nice feature to export to various Microsoft program (.pdf, Excel, word), which makes sharing the information a lot easier. I've recently experimented with sharing surveys across campus, so I have other individuals on my team able to review information directly and pull their own reports - in case they want to see tabulated results or are at a meeting where individuals may need that information ASAP.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a bit more opportunity to change the look of the survey, so it resembles our brand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely test out the trail version first to see if it's a good fit - we love everything about it.

We are better able to connect with our current students for various surveys that allow them to stay anonymous (with confidence) on various things like course or orientation evaluations.

"Love this product"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use and the wide variety of things you can do with it. You are able to not only do surveys, but also social experiments with this product. It is crucial in research.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I have found anything that I really dislike so far. I would like for them to have more tutorials. After using it for a long time, someone showed me several features that I didn't even know it could do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some research to learn about all of the cool features and play around with it. It can do a lot more than you might thing.

I am able to preform surveys that help me to understand participant responses to events or programs. It has also helped me understand social behaviors in certain situations.

Qualtrics Research Core review by SELIN G.
SELIN G.

"The staff member was helpful."

What do you like best?

The accessibility of the qualtrics survey system overall. No matter what you are working on, experting in, you can benefit from the opportunities qualtrics provides you.

What do you dislike?

The system has limited options with respect to the look&feel part. The themes can be expanded for instance.

By creating surveys, we try to maintain our quality in customer service with the education I got from the certification. Step by step explanation is really efficient for those who are not that familiar with such a system.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Sharpest tool I've used, as user or admin"

What do you like best?

I love how Qualtrics is built to be simple and user-friendly, but at the same time it allows for a lot of creativity on the part of the user. You can change just about anything with just a little bit of coding know-how to make your survey experience stand out for your respondents. As a brand admin for a huge Qualtrics user group I've seen Qualtrics staff help with some really tricky problems. They are always courteous and professional, and they have a great knowledge of the product to be able to help with any question. As a user and as an admin, I've been impressed with the quality of the product as well as the service.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there's nothing I dislike about Qualtrics enough to mention in a review. Occasionally there are minor problems, but they have always been resolved quickly with a phone call.

We have a large group of users who depend on Qualtrics for everything from workgroup feedback to large-scale global surveys. My job is all about data; Qualtrics makes it easy to keep track of responses, mailing distributions and panels. It also provides multiple forms of output so you can do the analyses however you want.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Nancy H.
Nancy H.

"Excellent online survey software!"

What do you like best?

The customer service. Qualtrics support does a phenomenal job addressing my concerns and if they can't fix it, they take it down as a feature request.

What do you dislike?

When they roll out something new, like the new reports feature, there are some kinks that need to be worked out before rolling out something new. For example, there is no easy way to add a page or delete a page on a report. These are essential features that need to be included before rolling out a new version of a feature.

To improve efficiency of data collection this is because qualtrics eliminates the step of data entry to having all the data/responses in one place. It's fairly quick and simple to pull reports for key stakeholders and different audiences and has advanced features that are user-friendly.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.

"Robust Survey tool with Great Support"

What do you like best?

There are so many great features to utilize. I've also had exceptional experiences with Qualtrics's support team. Integrations via API and Salesforce have been key for us.

What do you dislike?

At times, a little too much complexity for a lightweight user. The security model is difficult to deal with at times, but I understand what it is trying to accomplish.

Getting customer satisfaction and 360 view of experiences. Automated reminders have been a key feature for us: and have alone doubled response rate. The mobile and desktop interfaces make it much easier for recipients to answer questions than previous tools, and we are looking forward to exploring additional avenues of distribution.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Qualtrics is automating so much of what we do in my office"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is the most versatile SaaS product I've ever used. We are implementing its use in so many ways on our campus, everything from integrating it with Canvas for quizzing and grade pass back to user reporting of maintenance and custodial issues in our restrooms.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a Switch Statement option in the survey flow instead of using multiple IF statements. This would be extremely helpful when setting an embedded data value from the URL when there are numerous options available.

We're using Qualtrics to automate manual tasks and provide a mechanism for our faculty, staff, and students to report issues and provide feedback on various campus services. We've also created or own custom Canvas integration.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Clare S.
Clare S.

"Great tool for novice and advanced users alike!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to learn and pick up for any type of user, even without programming experience. But, it is also super customizable, and can be as sophisticated as you want it to be, depending on how dirty you want your hands to get with Survey Flow!

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were options to get into the code vs. WYSIWYG for everything. When I have to repeat a lot of display logic, especially on answer choices, it's very time consuming and difficult to check because everything is accessed through drop down menus. This is great for a beginning user - but frustrating when you are a more advanced user who HAS programmed in code in the past (Decipher, Confirmit, etc.).

Core research questions for all internal stakeholders.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Qualtrics helps me easily compile crucial data for my job."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of survey building and ease of data gathering is key. I am able to copy previous surveys and rework them without having to completely remake them. I am also able to tailor the look and feel of the survey to match the tone of the questions being asked. The ability to sort and filter responses and create quick graphs and visual representations of the data is a lifesaver.

What do you dislike?

You can download data from multiple places in Qualtrics and the format that the data comes in varies depending on the location you download from. I wish there was more of a description of what the CSV files would look like before I download them. I often find myself downloading multiple reports from different pages within Qualtrics because I forget where the version I need is located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reading the help tutorials. There were some tasks I was doing in Qualtrics that took a great deal of time because I had not read the tutorials and realized that there were shortcuts. The tutorials are incredibly helpful and often have ways to reduce the amount of time you spend in the system.

Qualtrics shows me comparisons of how surveys performed year to year and helps me see patterns quickly without much digging. These data snapshots allow me to assess where to start assessing the data and strategically prioritize my time.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Courtney P.
Courtney P.

"Great Survey Tool!"

What do you like best?

I love Qualtrics because it allows me to build customized surveys, along with specific question types, to ultimately gather data from a sample. It also allows me to program the specific the way in which I want questions to appear to a survey taker.

What do you dislike?

There are no complaints. This software is super easy to use, and it is incredibly helpful for researching and distributing surveys to a large number of people. I used this for a research project and it helped me collect, compare, and analyze a large amount of data quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is really great! I recommend testing your surveys before going live with them - but overall, Qualtrics makes it easy.

The main problem this software allows me to solve is to collect data from a large group of people. From a business perspective, it is helpful to gain insight and feedback from your customer base. Qualtrics allows one to do that.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kirsty G.
Kirsty G.

"Easy to Use Platform with Limitless Use Possibilities"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and intuitive it is. I work with faculty and staff with an entire range of technological comfort and capability, but this software works well for all levels.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is so expensive (though I understand why)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend implementing this software in higher education. It can accomplish fare more than the website suggests.

I'm solving a number of problems using Qualtrics including, but not limited to, improving student engagement, better understanding of what students learn, improved employee reviews, and improved research insights. I work a a highly siloed campus where we not only have multiple campuses in different states but also different departmental divides. Qualtrics is also helping us bring these cultures together.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kyle H.
Kyle H.

"Amazing Product with Amazing Service"

What do you like best?

What's amazing about Qualtrics is not only it's extensive suite of built-in features, but the access that customers have to phone support from trained Qualtrics specialists. It's so refreshing to be able to talk to a person when resolving issues, rather than being stuck reading through endless online FAQs.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be more intuitive to the new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their phone support staff - they will graciously talk you through any technical issues you encounter.

We have used Qualtrics effectively for survey and application process needs. It's a gift how well the platform allows us to collect and export data and application materials.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.

"Qualtrics for Surveys"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the product. The software is extremely customizable, while also maintaining simplicity and ease of use. Additionally, it is easy to add collaborators and see changes at real time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I disliked. The program was easy to use for a variety of users with different levels of survey-creating experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent, reputable survey software that is easy for survey distributors and survey participants to use.

Creating, administering, and analyzing survey information. We use Qualtrics to create surveys, analyze the information, and create infographics from the results.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Maureen J.
Maureen J.

"Powerful platform"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics makes beautiful surveys that are easy for users to take. The data analysis tools provide a good foundation for non-data scientists to pull meaningful insights from their surveys.

What do you dislike?

I do not the lack of online resources or training. It can be very difficult to make your survey behave the way you want without an expert to guide you the first few times you set up a survey.

We use qualtrics to measure our outcomes for our programs. We've enjoyed the data analysis tools which has allowed our new users to drive deeply into the data without much experience.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Excellent for research"

What do you like best?

I love that it maes surveys a breeze and you can gain information in such an easy way. Its fast and easy to use and you have many options on how you want to collect information. It helps us with our reports alot.

What do you dislike?

I dont really dislike anything other than sometimes the surveys can be very long. Other than that overall i have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great program to use at work. Collect the info you need and make your reports a breeze.

We solve any issues with information that is missing or more info we need. Qualitrics helps to get more insight on whatever topic you are seeking more info to study and become better.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Benjamin G.
Benjamin G.

"Simply the best survey software available"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is a very robust survey system that has a wide variety of question options, customizable features, and decent analytics. I use it frequently for my research projets, but have also used it to more mundane feedback gathering. The couple times that I have encountered difficulties, Qualtrics customer support has always been very prompt in responding to my needs and resolving the issues.

What do you dislike?

The abscence of a predictive feature when adding new questions. For instance, when I put together a survey with a ton of Likert-scale questions, I have to reselect the scale and labels for the scale (if they differ from the default selection - which they often do). I wish that Qualtrics would recognize that I have switched the number of options and labels three times in a row and respond by having my selection become the default for the particular survey I am working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is much better than the other survey systems I have used, its definitely worth giving it a try.

I do a lot of academic research and need to gather survey responses from study participants. Qualtrics is perfect for doing this. I have used it for local, national, and international studies.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Ben E.
Ben E.

"Used Qualtrics for about five years"

What do you like best?

Very flexible. Nearly any question type you can imagine and more. If you're willing to dig into html, css, and javascript, you can do even more, but mostly you can get by with point-and click. Numerous ways to distribute surveys, from the common unique email link to anonymous links to authenticated ones.

Support is excellent. Sometimes I'm on hold for a little while, but never too long, and the folks on the other end of the phone almost invariably can solve whatever issues I'm having.

What do you dislike?

It is such a complex, capable package that sometimes some features are non-obvious, thus needing to have excellent support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Costs more than some options, but you get what you pay for. Qualtrics is the gold standard, in my opinion.

We use it for internal surveys of employees and external surveys of clients/customers.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"Go to for Online Survey"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is user friendly and has several features that make it easy to distribute, interpret data in real-time, and download data sets for statistics.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to include an Opt Out as part of the survey emails. It's also a little picky about formatting of emails. I often have to send one or two emails as a preview to myself to make sure the surveys turn out ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy to use Survey service that provides easy implementation, many item formats, inserting page breaks, and simple preview options, Qualtrics may be for you. It also offers you the chance to sort data responses in real-time as they come in. For example, we have a survey item that allows us to see if people are not reading the questions. With the sort data feature, we can see who has incorrectly answered this item and send them another email with a "retake survey" link (also generated by Qualtrics). I also like that I can output Qualtrics data into SPSS, Excel, or a couple other formats for statistics.

One of the few things that I do not like about Qualtrics is the requirement that distribution emails have an "opt out" link. This is not something I want to go in all of my emails, as they are going to students and I think may cue their spam filters. I also do not like that I cannot share distribution lists with people that I share surveys with. I have to regenerate all of my own distribution lists and this can take a lot of time if the lists are large and not in the correct format from my original source.

I also do not like that I cannot tell (or I do not know how to tell) Qualtrics how to output my data into certain numbers based on the choice text. For example, I cannot tell Qualtrics to score or grade participants surveys for me based on a set of rules I set up. I have to download the data and do this manually on Excel. The file I get for Excel from Qualtrics does this fine, but it would save a lot of time if Qualtrics did this for me.

I manage several research projects, all of which have sent surveys to over 1,000 people using Qualtrics.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Eric Michael F.
Eric Michael F.

"Data collextiom with ease "

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface for features inclusing conditional display and email distribution

What do you dislike?

Great for data analysis but can have simpler options for things like RSVP - show total number quickly without detailed reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Valuable product

I run a program with about 1,000 student participants and was lacking insights to how they engage with our email communications and what they want out of the program. I was able to collect and analyze survey responses within an hour from 10% of participants to know where to focus efforts

Qualtrics Research Core review by Dustin H.
Dustin H.

"I Wish I Had Experience Access for My Students"

What do you like best?

I am traditionally an academic but I had worked in industry recently as a marketing researcher. Before that time I had used qualtrics to create advanced surveys but during my industry experience I ran target audience and became familiar with the features from the customer experience platform. I love these other features and think there's a lot of opportunity to educate my students in these features.

What do you dislike?

As an academic, I don't have access to many qualtrics features. I want to educate my students and help them becaome customer experience, product, and brand specialists.

I have been running consulting project for several companies using Qualtrics surveys. I have also been using contact to create subject pools for the comapnies I work with.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Becky C.
Becky C.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

How easy and intuitive it is to you and how great it is to customize a survey

What do you dislike?

Nothing currently comes to mind for me as I am part of University license. I like it better when Adolescent Medicine at IU had their own. I am constrained to what IU does as a hole at this point

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it just for the ease in getting started. It is very user friendly

The ease of setting up surveys save time and resources

Qualtrics Research Core review by Craig O.
Craig O.

"Fantastic tools. Super easy to learn and use, even when more complex logic is required"

What do you like best?

How quickly I can work in Qualtrics. Since it works like an in-browser app, there's no load times and minimal refresh times when creating new questions, tinkering with logic, etc. Especially after extensive experience with SurveyGizmo (circa 2013-14), Qualtrics made my work refreshingly quick and easy.

It also made surveys requiring complex logic actually feasible for us to field. After we switched to SurveyGizmo, things that would've been simple on Qualtrics would require more man-hours or lots of re-education (e.g., to learn how to write custom scripts in Java).

What do you dislike?

Very rarely, changes I made wouldn't save properly. This meant we had to spend tons of time on boring/repetitive testing, closely comparing the programmed survey to the original draft, to make sure everything was correctly input.

This issue didn't occur often, but even once is enough to undermine trust and force us to adapt repetitive quality-control processes.

The one area where SurveyGizmo was far superior: support. This may have changed in the past year, but it generally felt like our team knew the tool better than Qualtrics' own support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used the tool myself in over a year, so it's difficult to offer a recommendation one way or the other. When I *was* a heavy user, it was one of those tools that I genuinely loved working in. Only downside for us as an organization was a) quality of support and b) pricing. (Though again, they may offer more accessible pricing for small companies now. I haven't investigated.)

We used Qualtrics to program surveys that we conducted for our clients as a third-party research vendor.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Jade M.
Jade M.

"Intuitive and versatile; but a tad clunky"

What do you like best?

I have used other survey software before such as SurveyMonkey. However, I feel like Qualtrics is the most intuitive and versatile. You can set up a cover page, you have options to expand or condense the open ended portions of surveys. You can monitor how long it takes someone to complete a survey or how long they spent on a certain page. Banking question you intend to use for other surveys makes this software time efficient. I enjoy how intuitive the software can be. If you're like me where you don't always "read the instructions" or "watch the video on how to use the software" this system can be figured out with button clicking, exploring, and a little Google-Fu when you get stuck.

What do you dislike?

The software can, at times, be a little clunky. What I mean by clunky is there are SO many options that digging around for the exact thing you need Qualtrics to do can be a bit much. For some folks, like the hard core university researcher, all of those options are needed. But for someone like an undergraduate student or a small non-for-profit, you won't need all of the bells and whistles and you might get frustrated figuring out what it all means or does. As far as I know Qualtrics also does not provide folks with a guide for why some question types are more useful than others. I know Qualtrics can also be expensive and works well in tandem with other data analysis software like SPSS or Excel. I use it because it's the best for it's price and I'm lucky enough to have a university which provides free* access to it. I also know that the renaming link when you go to distribute it has worked off and on. I'm sure this is a result of human error, but was kind of frustrating at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a researcher or a person who implements lots of different types of surveys or data collection and can afford the software, my strong recommendation is Qualtrics

I have used Qualtrics to develop survey's for a labor union's needs assessment with their members, to measure how confident teen girls feel about their use of technology, and for several content analysis codebooks. It's made my codebooks SOOOOOO easy.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Pretty Intuitive for Business Use"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use in developing and administering surveys. There is a versatility we did not experience with the previous platform we used. Also the support is absolutely amazing. We had a chief consultant that handled us with care and precision.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult deciphering and analyzing data in the formats provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid platform and has proven to be a great value add to our company. My recommendation would be to ask for a trial to allow internal administrators the chance to determine if the cost is worth the investment given the need. The support is great and the on boarding of the core team was seamless - we really enjoyed the transition process and hope the quality of support continues throughout the duration of our contract.

Internally, we are receiving feedback on how to increase employee engagement. Externally, we are hearing how we are delivering on our performance promise to customers.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Sarah N.
Sarah N.

"Awesome Product and Support to Back It Up"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Qualtrics is the versatility of how to build a survey. I love that it allows for multiple ways to write questions to inputting images. I also like that I can set up email triggers so a response gets emailed right to me. I also love that it develops clean graphs measuring whatever you are trying to measure. Lastly, their customer service is unparalleled. Anytime I have a question or get stuck, I can use their chat feature and they can jump right in with me to help troubleshoot. They've also developed personalized how to videos if need be!!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing structure. To have multiple licences or logins for the same company it cost more money. Sometimes the little things like resizing an image can be very tricky. Lastly, some of the reporting while good, is a little weak. They've very strong with graphical reporting but when its trying to report out to us explanations, the format can be very messy at times when you export it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how many licenses you will need as well as how many responses you think you'll need prior. Also consider what reports you'll need to export out of.

We are solving how we measure a bunch of stuff including intern program satisfaction to employees who are leaving and their satisfaction/exit interview. We also use it for a bunch of wellness or fun committee interest based surveys.

"Great for surveys"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive and easy to use, yet still able to customize each survey and make it fit for your needs.

What do you dislike?

Some things could be more efficient, like question names. Importing questions is also leaves something to be desired. Exporting data isn't bad but could be better, particularly in my case for page timing it includes a whole bunch of unnecessary columns that it is hard to delete. as well as customizing the page where you download the data (that has a preview of recent responses).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good, especially for simple surveys and for users not experienced with creating surveys. I have seen (not implemented) very complex surveys also be implemented on Qualtrics, with lots of randomization and group counts.

I do research and we use Qualtrics for surveys and studies. We are able to distribute the survey far and wide with a simple design.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"A useful evaluation tool"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics gives you many options for formatting/structuring your questions when creating a survey. It also has in-house tools that allow you to create data visualization/analysis reports which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Data downloading (and importing into a program like Tableau) from Qualtrics can be a bit tricky, especially with questions that are conditional (so based on previous responses).

Qualtrics allows my organization to engage with students and so that we can constantly adapt to ensure we're providing them with the best services and educational opportunities.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Muntazar M.
Muntazar M.

"A survey tool which does so much more than just survey!"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly interface is what I like best about Qualtrics. Even someone who has never created a survey before can create a survey right away. I would also like to mention the wide variety of question types and the scientific structures of all different types of questions.

What do you dislike?

The way a survey or a survey response is downloaded in word/PDF is a hassle. A survey downloaded in word copies background coding (even if you uncheck 'show logic') and it's a lot of work to clean it up before sending to someone for review. The page-breaks of a PDF is all over the place. Also, some of the 'advance math operation equations' will not properly convert when downloading a PDF response.

We use Qualtrics to collect feedback and also for the assessment of built-environment qualities of childcare facilities. Qualtrics is very flexible and it can be used for complex assessments as well.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Patricia A.
Patricia A.

"Qualtrics ALWAYS has a solution to your survey problems."

What do you like best?

I like that you can customize your survey in such a detailed manner...everything from the question formats to the skip logic and display patterns... the list goes on and on. Qualtrics is a very comprehensive and user-friendly tool. I've used other survey makers such as Survey Monkey, but nothing compares to Qualtrics' advanced style. The best part is their amazing customer service team. They are always there for you and respond super quickly to any questions you have regarding issues with your survey. Qualtrics always has a solution for you.

What do you dislike?

When editing the content of the question, I feel like it's a little difficult when you click "rich editor" because the window pops out and depending on how far up or down you have your page scrolled, it makes it a little glitchy to edit certain things. I have to always be careful of clicking the wrong things. I wish that I can just edit my content right in the question itself as opposed to having another window pop up.

I would also like to be able to preview my survey from any start point that I desire, not necessarily from the first question because then I have to go through everything one by one. Even if I ignore validation, it takes a while to go page by page. Please make it so that we can preview our surveys from the question of our choosing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use Qualtrics. If you ever need help with anything, I can assure you their customer service team will be there very promptly to answer any of your questions.

I am not sure that I understand this question about what business problems I am solving. Do you mean the business I work for? I am creating a survey for a research study at the NYU School of Medicine, that asks about the use of novel psychoactive substances and their sexual effects.

I have realized that it is fairly easy to pick up on how to do things on Qualtrics. I have learned so much in just the few months that I've been developing the survey. I feel like I have an advantage over my colleagues who do not know how to use Qualtrics.

Qualtrics Research Core review by John B.
John B.

"New-But Impressed"

What do you like best?

I am new to the software, but have found that the capabilities are far beyond anything I expected. I thought it was just a survey tool, but see that you can recognize trends, look through different analyses, and forecast a lot of answers to questions otherwise unknown.

What do you dislike?

I find it tremendously dry when there are any training sessions, but that's just the way I learn

Recommendations to others considering the product

The capabilities are for greater than just a survey tool, you can find real answers with this product!

I have been able to employ this at my university where I work to find the real reasons why students are transferring schools, dropping out, etc, and changing the way we view retention.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Samuel G.
Samuel G.

"Great Product for Universities - Intuitive Design"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and intuitive design. Many times when I introduce the tool to students and faculty I can have them developing surveys and activities very quickly and efficiently. I am often amazed at how often I will show someone where to start and then stand back and be amazed at what they are able to develop to meet their needs. I have started recommending the software for research and even to design teaching activities and instruction.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things I dislike about Qualtrics. Sometimes the software is so robust that there are many ways in which you can find a solution to a question or problem you have. There are multiple avenues to finding a solution and it is helpful to keep looking to find the best. Sometimes this can take quite a bit of time, so be prepared to spend some quality time in the software to find the best solutions to your problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many options in development with Qualtrics. Just jump in and start exploring. You will start seeing ideas and options that you never thought possible.

I work at a Public University. Therefore many of the problems we address are research based questions that faculty need answering. Also, at times we use Qualtrics for instructional activities. We have noticed an increase in faculty satisfaction with the use of Qualtrics to accomplish their goals and needs.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"My experience with Qualtrics"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, efficient GUI that allows more staff to access and use it. Powerful reporting tools and data export sharing. The huge variety of questions and the well built HTML editor that allow linking and iFrames to link other content.

What do you dislike?

Co-editors and concurrent editing is problematic, really need at least NOTICES from qualtrics that other people are IN the survey, even better would be locking of edited questions by user, but evening knowing others are in would be VERY helpful.

Also we would like to do Rubrics inside qualtrics, but the layout for the most similar existing types of questions inside qualtrics do NOT work real well, Adding a REAL Rubrics question type is the best answer...Rubrics are criterion grids with labels and text descriptions like this:

heres a 1000 examples to look at: http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php

Criterion Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 level 4

1. skill description desc txt... desc txt... desc text desc txt

2. skill ,,,,,

3. skill ........

4. skill ......

Recommendations to others considering the product

look at the full set of features, especially reporting and data sharing

Many issue, but in my case educational work, which is a innovative use of Qualtrics,