(1,078 reviews)

Qualtrics Research Core is a provider of Online Survey Software. See how we can help you build an Online Survey.

Work for Qualtrics Research Core?

Learning about Qualtrics Research Core?

Qualtrics Research Core Reviews

Ask Qualtrics Research Core a Question
Showing 1,077 Qualtrics Research Core reviews
Qualtrics Research Core review by Cole N.
Cole N.
View Original

"Best in the biz"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Qualtrics Research Core
Qualtrics Research Core review by Dominique  B.
Dominique B.

"Makes filling out surveys fun! "

What do you like best?

Clicking a value is on a scale from 1-10 is very easy. It’s also easy and not confusing when writing responses -- this comes in handy especially with long research surveys. The server is also super user-friendly with ability to go back and forth questions and pages. I didn't really have to read any instructions to get started in making an survey, making it very intuitive. I also like that you are able to easily export survey answers to many different platforms, including PDF. This came particularly useful for one survey I could not complete in one sitting. I thought I had lost all my responses but the administrator of the research survey was able to send me my old responses on a PDF! This saved me a lot of time and stress of having to re-do the entire survey.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when the field of the question is too big, it spans past the page limit and have to scroll horizontally. This can be confusing, can make users forget to answer questions, and can discourage them from continuing to complete the survey/questionnaire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product! It's a great and easy way to make questionnaires and surveys. It can be used for simple event sign-ups and registrations to a complete scientific research project!

Helping the university advance their research using this software. It’s also a great way to have members of the university sign-up and register for events.

What Survey solution do you use?

Qualtrics Research Core review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Comprehensive survey suite with extensive personalization features"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics allows you to manipulate the appearance and presentation of survey questions to a degree that is unmatched with other common survey platforms. I greatly appreciate the ease of use of the built in HTML editor window that is available for each question. This editing feature allows me to acutely customize the appearance of any question, which is extremely important in experimentally-controlled survey conditions.

What do you dislike?

Although the customization features are fairly sophisticated, the longitudinal distribution features are not perfect. In my line of work I need to send out follow-up surveys that have questions that need to be pre-populated from responses on prior surveys. However, we use an external population panel to distribute the survey via an anonymous link. Qualtrics does not have a work around for linking previous survey responses to new surveys via external panel through an anonymous link. You can only pre-populate responses if you use personalized links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Qualtrics is pretty intuitive to use, you should not hesitate to use the online question forums and tech support to make sure that you have the best experience with the platform as possible.

We work with external partners who have very strict rules for how information should appear and how it should be presented. The high level of customization in Qualtrics allows us to satisfy our clients and gather useful data in an accurate manner.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"99/100"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of the system. It's easy to learn, but I'm quickly realizing it's hard to master. However, this isn't an issue because 99/100 times Qualtrics' customer support is incredible. They really take the time to make sure you get the help you need (even going as far to create you a private YouTube tutorial. They make getting help fast and easy.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there are some capabilities that Qualtrics, confusingly, doesn't offer. The randomization options to fix proportions in experimental groups isn't great. It's not as finely tuned as we would like it as a research entity. There are various other minute details that would benefit our research if Qualtrics had the capabilities, too numerous to list here, but not enough to affect quality. Despite these small issues, Qualtrics is my #1 choice for survey software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the language. If you need help from the Support team, figuring out how they best answer questions streamlines the process. It took trial and error for me, but there's some sort of sweet spot between concise and still explanatory that gets the job done.

Program quality is usually incredible. Allows us instant access to data and support if needed. That being said, we aren't a business in the typical sense, so I'm not too sure how to comment there.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Catherine G.
Catherine G.

"Fantastic program"

What do you like best?

I’ve been using Qualtrics for about a year now for some research I’m doing and it’s been great. It is really easy to use and the website is designed really efficiently. I like the way that you can preview surveys before publishing them. Looking at the data and doing some analysis has been really user friendly as well.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much that I dislike about Qualtrics. A cool thing would be if there was a chat function to communicate with customer service right on the spot. I also struggled to use some of the conditions on my surveys that will automatically link to the end of the survey or a separate survey.

I’ve been able to really easily create and distribute surveys around the country. This has made my research so much stronger and more diverse. I never could have done this without Qualtrics

Qualtrics Research Core review by Amber M.
Amber M.

"Love the options available"

What do you like best?

I enjoy working in Research Core because it opens up new options to customize surveys. I especially love the survey logic and skip logic available, this is not readily available in other software used to send out surveys.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the lack of customer service. I mean there is customer service, but in my experience they do not know much more than the online guides. While they are friendly and willing to help, each time I have contacted them for a specific issue, they have not had any more answers that what I had already tried. I also wish the site was more mobile-friendly. I have been in situations where I needed to develop and send out a survey on the go, and the website is not mobile-friendly at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are implementing Qualtrics with another software such as Salesforce, good luck. There are no individuals knowledgeable in this partnership. However, the new research team is extremely useful in the designing and implementation of surveys. They are available to help implement best practices, design effective surveys, and gain access to people to tae surveys.

We use this software to do surveys for clients and the community in addition to allowing masters interns to complete research projects with. Additionally we have begun implementing the NPS surveys in a lot of our programs, and the ability to embed questions in emails is extremely useful in gaining answers to the most pressing questions to our organization.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Jake W.
Jake W.

"Great survey research suite for large scale projects"

What do you like best?

I love that I can do everything in Qualtrics' online environment. From programming and testing the survey, distribution to my samples, and analyzing the data. There are really intuitive controls and features within the Research Core and you can do a lot with the built-in reporting features.

What do you dislike?

There are some question formatting limitations that can be somewhat bothersome, but not deal breakers. I would like to see a little more flexibility with how you can organize questions on the screen for respondents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a strong relationship with your client success manager. They have been very helpful to me over the years and if you ever get yourself in a jam, they are more than willing to get their hands dirty and work you through your issues.

Since starting my new job just several months ago, we are well on our way to full implementation of an enterprise-wide customer satisfaction/loyalty program. We have the ability for the first time to gather insights from our broad range of customers in a unified and systematic approach that allows us to quickly see what our customers think about us and our offerings, which allows us to make decisions based on actual data instead of instincts, while also being able to make decisions in a more timely manner.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Eesh M.
Eesh M.

"Great Responsiveness"

What do you like best?

Turnaround time is super quick in comparison to other platforms. You can explore great features at ease with lot of support available from platform using webinar and support. Moreover community is great forum to raise your queries and get resolution.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Great tool with versatile features. However, creating live examples using different use case would be a great help to customers to relate their cases and adding webinars for new features added may be another good option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great tool for meeting your demand. Atleast try once to see the power of this tool. There is no any other tool available tool to compete with features provided by Qualtrics and they keep on adding something new to make our life easier. Thank Qualtrics and Team for all your support and innovation. I am proud use of Qualtrics and love to recommend within my circle.

Vocalize. Its great platform and integrated with all key features. One stop shop for market research. We primarily work on market research project and have been using some platforms in the past. However, after using Qualtrics, we realized that there is no comparison to Qualtrics. You can build complex survey, create versatile dashboard, integrate with different platforms such as Salesforce, Magneto. You can also use ticketing feature to assign tickets within you team.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"A great solutions for an ongoing and ever-changing need"

What do you like best?

How simple to use and intuitive the platform is. Building, modifying, launching, and analyzing surveys is really easy to do with the available tools, and improvements to these are always being made. It really is a great solution for an ongoing and ever-changing need.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time using the reports function on the platform to give me what I need - i usually just download the survey results data to a .csv file and do my analysis in Excel. This works, but takes time and I feel like the platform does this for me, so I'm just duplicating efforts. I probably just need so additional training to better understand the reporting functionality.

Lots of member satisfaction and engagement surveys to gauge over-all satisfaction and test product improvement ideas. We also use the platform internally to gauge effectiveness of committee meetings, presentation, symposiums, etc.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kate T.
Kate T.

"Great Product - Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I enjoy assessment, but don't necessarily have a huge research background. Qualtrics has made all my assessment and data gathering dreams come true. The interface is fairly simple, with the ability to add more complex things as you become more comfortable with the product. The customer service is also very responsive and very helpful. There have been a few times where I haven't known the words for what I was trying to do and reached out to Customer Service for assistance - they've been FANTASTIC about walking me through what I'm trying to do and expanding my assessment vocabulary and comfortability in the process.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the amount of data you're working with, the Reports functionality can sometimes run slowly. I was working with a report with about 1700 responses for a satisfaction survey. When trying to compile a report, it sometimes take a few browser refreshes and some patience to get what you need accomplished.

Part of my job involves gathering data for students who live on college campuses. Using Qualtrics Research Core, I've been able to develop and utilize tools that assess student learning, student satisfaction, and program attendance. We've also moved forward in using Qualtrics to gather application data for many of the student worker positions in my functional area.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Virginia M.
Virginia M.

"Intuitive and Flexible Survey Software"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics was incredibly easy to learn to use, and their advanced options make it possible to do almost anything when it comes to building surveys. I especially love the customer service and high level of support they provide. I worked with an implementation team for over a year to build out some of our most complex surveys, and they were attentive, knowledgeable, and never quit working on an issue until it was resolved. I could not have done it without them!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find something to dislike about Qualtrics. If there's something I can't figure out then it's because I'm limited by my own knowledge--like not knowing much javascript. Still, even when I run into those issues, I can contact the Qualtrics Community and most likely someone has the answer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the online learning resources and Qualtrics community.

I work in higher education and we use Qualtrics for most surveys across campus, including course evaluations. Some professors use Qualtrics for conducting and reporting research, while staff members use it to serve a variety of needs such as assessment, satisfaction surveys, data reporting, request forms, etc. The benefits we've enjoyed since implementing Qualtrics are a higher response rate, uniform branding, enthusiastic buy-in, and real-time reporting.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Brooklyn C.
Brooklyn C.

"Qualtrics"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can truly personalize your survey. There are so many options and ways you can customize your survey through branch technology, skip logic, and display logic. It makes it very simple to use and understand. I can create detailed surveys in a matter of minutes. There is also a feature for collaboration. I can send and share my survey to other colleagues for review and edits which makes working on research surveys in groups very easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that all features are not included with the basic package. For example, I am unable to include an upload file feature in my survey with the basic plan. In addition, students do not get the same access rights as normal users. It requires them to share the survey with your change ownership, and then send it back to them for them to be able to work on documents. Other than that, I do not have any issues or concerns to highlight with this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend all users interesting in creating surveys and analyzing data to sue Qualtrics. It is by far one of the easiest to use and most effective way of gathering survey data. It creates easy exportable documents for reviewing your data as well. Compared to other survey programs, it is a little more expensive. However, it has already proven to be fully worth it.

I am able to create surveys that I can use for research initiatives and purposes.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Tara F.
Tara F.

"Qualtrics Research Core is an extremely helpful resource to construct research."

What do you like best?

I like how they give you a lot of options with formatting the questions, so that you can have a wide range of styled questions. I also like how easy to use the software is, with everything set up so you can find the tools very easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like how it can get kind of confusing when setting up the blocks between questions or having multiple questions between one. I also found it kind of hard and confusing to export the survey into a PDF format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you spend some time getting to know the product first, give yourself an hour or so to go through the software and get familiar with it before jumping into creating a survey.

I am using Qualtrics to conduct consumer research on different products to get a better idea of customers' opinions on the quality of different products. It is beneficial because I can now see what peoples' views are of the products, and how likely they are to purchase again, etc.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Théo Z.
Théo Z.

"Amazing Customer Support and great software"

What do you like best?

The fact that each time I have an issue, 24/7, somebody at the support is devoted to customers and will provide an answer, no matter the time needed for them to dig into any functionality. When an agent does not instantly find the answer to a question they always take time to go further and then send users some videos on how to deal with their issues.

What do you dislike?

The basic functionalities for text analysis are not sufficient for us, without Qualtrics Text iQ, the software is not super powerful for text analysis.

Stats iQ is one of the best Qualtrics functionalities but this feature comes from a startup bought by Qualtrics and is not fully integrated with Qualtrics survey yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would highly recommend some ours of formation to coworkers as most of Qualtrics features are quite instinctive and easy to use but coworkers need to know what Qualtrics can and cannot do in order to be able to be autonomous when looking for precise information on the support community.

We are a consulting cabinet and provide market studies to our clients, Qualtrics is used for this and is indispensable for our daily work

Qualtrics Research Core review by Sarah O.
Sarah O.

"A Great Survey Resource"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is the survey library. In the included library there are a variety of survey templates that can help you to get started creating surveys in little to no time. That means that even if you aren't too familiar with survey creation you can be up and running with a fully functional way to gather information in less than an hour. Not to mention, with Qualtrics research core, you can create an account for free.

What do you dislike?

The reports feature could be a little easier to follow, when exporting a variety of data it can be kind of time-consuming when trying to generate custom reports. On the other hand, it's really easy to export individual responses in a variety of formats...(.csv, docx, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are a variety of programs that you can use to get the same or similar results, some of the best advantages of the Qualtrics Research Core program is that it's definitely cost effective and both easy to learn and use. The program has a smooth interface, great options for exporting data, and a large database of templates....for a small business it's a perfect solution.

A great benefit of the Qualtrics program, of course is that it is cost-effective. For small businesses, this could be a simple solution which can help you to gather fully-online information on clients and customers, ;or, even if you need to gather employee information as well.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"Qualtrics is useful for complex data collection"

What do you like best?

I taught myself to use Qualtrics, and that was relatively easy to do. I like that I can build complex surveys for advanced data collection. Additionally, when I download the data from Qualtrics directly, it is easy to import into statistical data analysis programs. I also really like that Qualtrics can be programmed to be very personalized as far as aesthetic design goes (adding a logo, etc).

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced features were difficult to use, and I didn't necessarily find their tutorials to be helpful. However, my experience with Qualtrics has been overall very positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is an excellent system to use for data collection. Surveys are relatively easy to design and fast to implement.

I have used Qualtrics to run multiple online studies. Qualtrics has been the mode of data collection and survey delivery.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Extremely robust but also user-friendly "

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is capable of doing basically everything I've ever needed it to do. If I can't immediately figure out how to do it, I just use their help resources to figure it out, or ask their support team.

What do you dislike?

It can get become really complicated, especially when a lot of the settings or features can start to contradict each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is really robust, and there are a number of other platforms that can achieve simpler types of surveys and data analysis, but Qualtrics really is the leader of providing the most options in a relatively user-friendly way, despite how complicated the product is underneath the surface.

We were looking for an easy way to gather survey responses, Qualtrics had all the options to enable us to ask questions exactly how we wanted to.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Cynae T.
Cynae T.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendliness of the product. It is easy to get started quickly and create a professional looking survey that has enough features for advanced survey usage. I've used this product for several years and trained others how to use. It is a much more robust program than what survey monkey appears to be. The ability to create the survey to run on a loop as if at a kiosk is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

While the site is user-friendly, the image upload feature could use some tweaking especially in the area of previews. I wish the preview appeared more realistic and true to the size it will be in the survey. Only after viewing the drafted survey can you get a sense of how the image appears to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it, use it. You won't be disappointed. As a consultant, I've repeatedly recommended this product to clients looking for a great survey and reporting tool. And because of its robust reporting features, clients also give this software rave reviews.

Customer engagement, needs assessment, and training effectiveness was surveyed and the data was analyzed very succinctly.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Elizabeth F.
Elizabeth F.

"Qualtrics Business Review"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is extremely customer friendly and in my opinion is the epitome of what a software should provide the customer.

What do you dislike?

That there aren't more opportunitiesf for your service here at Duke or that we are unable to clone you, the entire division :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not only is the ease of software phenomenal, the customer service support team, without a doubt, far surpasses any level of support I have encountered in my 20 years here at Duke. They have even gone so far as to call me on my personal cell to confirm that our needs had been met fully after we were disconnected. I have never spoken to anyone there in the support division who wasn't thrilled or eager to assist.

We are able to utilize the platform for all of our data collection needs. Data is able to be extracted in many different formats therefore allowing us to provide feedback in many different variables

Qualtrics Research Core review by Jordan R.
Jordan R.

"Awesome software"

What do you like best?

Intuitive platform and Gamelike Questions

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat buggy - there are always 1 or 2 things that don't work like they should. But they're usually fixed shortly - I would just like to not have the issue in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is great if you have simple surveys to send out that you want to engage customers. It's a very clean, intuitive platform. They are constantly updating their software, too, which is nice because they're always at the cutting edge of technology.

Allows me to gather insight from customers. We use it to survey the attendees of our webinars to get feedback so we can improve our webinars and get new ideas for topics. We also use these suggestions for our user conference, too, if we feel like they are a good fit. Since the surveys are easy to create and easy to understand for our registrants, we get a great response rate and are able to gather clean data to use to make decisions.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Cameron L.
Cameron L.

"Best survey tool on the web (errr, offline too)"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use. Anyone can jump in and, with very little effort, become proficient enough to create, program, distribute, and monitor a survey. If your organization only needs descriptive analysis, they got you covered too. They have an effective list of partners who are willing to take the analysis deeper when needed.

What do you dislike?

The documentation isn't great, especially since they updated to the new platform. Most of the tutorials/guides are specific to the previous system, which makes learning more complex techniques difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always have someone help you design surveys and the resulting analysis if you don't have an internal team dedicated to these things - at least initially. I've seen too many people waste research because they think they can merely rely on their own expertise.

Efficiency when it comes to time management with primary research has gone way up since we switched to Qualtrics. We tried a number of other services before, but they weren't as useful at at streamlining and replicating our work as Qualtrics. They save us a ton of time, and then data management is more reliable through Qualtrics.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Allie L.
Allie L.

"Plenty of customization options"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of item types that are available in Qualtrics. The ability to copy and past a question or block of questions is also a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes struggle to use the logic portion of the survey effectively and have struggled to find sufficient support on the Qualtrics website to help me fully master the ability to customize the logic and flow of surveys. I also think that adding the ability to create master design themes (ie., fonts and font sizes) would make Qualtrics more user-friendly. I would also find it useful to have any option after a survey taker has submitted the survey that allows them to submit another response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is a useful tool for disseminating surveys. It is particularly useful for research because of the data reports it offers after surveys have been collected. Before building your first Qualtrics survey, I would recommend watching a tutorial or two explaining how to use all of the features in order to get the most out of the service.

I use Qualtrics to create surveys to send to participants in research studies. Qualtrics allows us to easily disseminate the surveys and analyze the results.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Qualtrics' intuitive design allows focus on advanced, creative use cases."

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Qualtrics is it's ability to maintain an easy to use UI for beginning users while providing deep options like SAML authentication, JavaScript embedding, advanced quotas, etc. Many applications are designed either for advanced use or basic use. Qualtrics supplies the UI of a simple application with the depth of an advanced tool set.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a true LTI. I was excited to hear that an LTI was being built for Canvas, but we do not use that LMS. A true LTI should work (and port to the grade book) with any LMS that follow the standard. I look forward to seeing more development on the integration of LMSs soon.

With our SAML integration, we are able to port users directly to multiple portions of a survey based on data we already have for our users. Many processes have been automated through the use of Web Services connecting deep user data to decision moments within a survey or form.

Qualtrics Research Core review by J K.
J K.

"Straightforward Survey Setup"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is incredibly easy for administrators to use in terms of setting up various question/answer formats, such as Likert-type scales. In addition, the way in which the data is organized has made it easy for myself to look over and utilize the data. Qualtrics has made it easy to navigate in and out of computerized psychological assessments. On the other end, the user interface is simple and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the more advanced processes aren't necessarily straightforward and take a little bit of time to get used to. But once you get the hang of things, it gets easier and setting up surveys becomes a swifter process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to get used to the mechanics of Qualtrics and the basic functionality should be easy to complete. Once you get the basics down, the more advanced functionality will be easier to learn.

With the increased use of computerized psychological assessments, Qualtrics has made things easier to obtain subjective responses in the middle of assessments. Overall, it has streamlined the process of data collection.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"Amazing Survey Platform, INCREDIBLE support!"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is a very intuitive platform and the graphic interface is very easy to understand. Using a combination of their randomization, display logic, branch logic, and carry forward functions, there is an AMAZING variety of things you can do. As a cognitive psychologist, I use it to conduct most of my research and almost always find a solution to whatever issue I have.

MOST important, however, is how they handle it when I cannot solve my problem. On three separate occasions I have contacted them for help with dense randomization/counter-balancing issues and in all three instances their very friendly and professional staff helped me. One time, they even took a couple hours to meet with others to find a solution, they then contacted me with a solution that was very elegant and effective.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I would like to see; however, these are not likely features that most would use or find helpful. There is some limitation to the possibility for counterbalancing. For example, at 10 positions in a survey, I wanted people to see either version A or B. However, I wanted them to make sure to see specifically 5 items in version A and 5 in version B.

Again, I am in experimental psychology, so these needs are esoteric and very different than business or gathering opinion. There are nuanced features I'd like, but they do support an incredible variety of capabilities.

As a graduate student in experimental psychology, I do not solve business needs, though I do realize how useful Qualtrics is for these types of services.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"Most sophisticated survey software on the market"

What do you like best?

By far, Qualtrics provides the most business-friendly, sophisticated, professional survey software on the market. Each year they bring new functionality and capability to the site. They're like the Cadillac of survey platforms.

What do you dislike?

I do not like knowing that Qualtrics does not allow their surveys to be taken in regions that have US sanctions, which currently comprises Iran, Crimea, and a few other places. Surveys aimed at getting a wide variety of responses from people all over risk having a PR nightmare when people learn certain areas are blocked. Qualtrics' clients end up taking the hit / blame / responsibility for Qualtrics products. Also, they are very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You pay the most to get the best. Be mindful of what people cannot take your survey if it is hosted on Qualtrics.

We use Qualtrics to run our developer survey which gets about 100K responses and becomes a place to identify, share, and discuss trends in software developer education, career, and tools.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Administrator

"Versatile and Useful"

What do you like best?

I love having access to a program that allows me to distribute professional looking surveys. I often use it when surveying people after an event or creating a wait list survey when we meet our registration cap.

I like that you can set up templates, so it looks clean and professional while also making it look official by using a company logo.

We host events with a registration cap and Qualtrics allows me to set up a simple survey that automatically kicks in when the cap is reached. This makes it extremely easy for me to manage our cap and our wait list.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little intimidating when you first use it. It is definitely not 100% intuitive. There were great features, like using my university templates to make my wait list survey look more official or being prompted with an email alert each time people respond. However, I needed a colleague who knew more about Qualtrics to sit with me and show me things.

Once you know how to use it, it's fantastic but I wish I could have had an easier time learning on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to give yourself plenty of learning time. If you know you need to set something up in Qualtrics and you haven't used it before, do not make it a last minute task.

Also, I learned much better from colleagues who had used it previously. Be willing to help colleagues with Qualtrics if you have experience. Things will run a lot smoother if you help each other learn the program.

It helps us gather a lot of data in a succinct fashion. The surveys can be simple and quick, causing our response rate to be higher, while also aggregating responses in an easy to read format.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Qualtrics has made logging responses so easy"

What do you like best?

How easy it is for people to use. We use it often in the medical field to see how things are going at rotation sites. If things aren't going well and students aren't seeing the types of patients then should be then we know that the sight needs to change. The best way that we have found to do this is through qualtrics.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it's hard to allow access to those who took the survey. After they submit there is no way to see what they said. As a rotation goes on they would like to be able to edit things and right now they don't have access to their files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

allow users to edit their responses after submitting

Rotation quality what places are good for students and which are not. We have been able to better see things. The students will benefit and have the best rotations that they can from this survey site. We have a lot of feedback and it helps us chose the directions we should go in.

"Best survey software"

What do you like best?

We have just begun to use Qualtrics, and chose them over numerous other existing survey platforms because they are the most comprehensive, most customizable, and easiest to use survey software that is out there. Surveys and questionnaires are generally easy to create, and I also like that Qualtrics allows me to "test" the survey before I send it out.

What do you dislike?

My biggest, and only complaint so fare is that there are some limitations to the way in which questions can be formatted. I would like to have more control over the way in which the questions are presented to the reader, but that is only a minor gripe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are a seasoned veteran when it comes to survey software, you will definitely want to utilize the online learning resources that are available. We have just begun to utilize Qualtrics, and we are finding that it is easy enough to use, but actually mastering it can prove to be difficult.

We use Qualtrics to periodically send out member engagement and satisfaction surveys We also use it internally for a few purposes, most commonly for assessing the effectiveness of health and fitness programs, and employee satisfaction surveys.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Nishanth A.
Nishanth A.

"Excellent and reliable customer service"

What do you like best?

Representatives are caring and very patient and address my questions with effective solutions. Moreover, Qualtrics representatives are available 24/7 and are always reliable for informed and kind customer support. I highly recommend the product because of the customer service excellence and availability. However, these functions are what are lacking in the Theme's support service from Qualtrics, as later described.

What do you dislike?

The customer support for theme building. Theme customer support is done only via email and is a pain to communicate. The solution would be to offer customer support via telephone. The email support system is problematic because communications are delayed and are not done effectively. It is too difficult and time consuming to detail out all the functions of the themes, especially when other developer themes operate in another part of the world. There seems to be a fundamental slight lack of communication which can be significantly enhanced to improve and reproduce customer service I enjoy through Qualtrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the implementation of a "timeline" function where survey histories can be viewed, documented, and accessed for ease of administration. This would include survey open and close dates, survey time cycle, and related administrative information.

Effectively create reports and deliver them to clients and research investigators.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Higher Education

"Qualtrics for undergraduate research "

What do you like best?

I like how the program is easy to use, especially for people who are not familiar with data analysis software. There are also a lot of forums for troubleshooting which I have found extremely helpful in my learning of the software. It also has a lot of good features built into it where you might not even need to use SPSS if you are doing a simple project.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to navigate the help forums if you do not have the most current software, as it looks different. I also think sometimes the way the data is displayed on charts is confusing, and I have tried to flip the variables to change this display and it still doesn’t work.

It provides a way for people to analyze data in a more accessible way than maybe SPSS or other program. I think it is also very modern and user friendly so it is easy to teach others how to use it.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Elizabeth F.
Elizabeth F.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Very easy to add, remove, and/or move questions for ordering and page layout. Can import questions from another survey, and/or an external file.

What do you dislike?

The emailing system can be a little weird to set up initially, especially when trying to create mailing lists. However, once the lists are set up, it's easy to set up reminders and thank you emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great investment for universities. It's all web-based, and a single paid university account can let all of your faculty, staff, and students have access to a partially-branded system without any hassles.

I've used qualtrics surveys for a variety of things: including event registration, education/program evaluation, and customer/client feedback. The variety of question types available makes it very flexible in terms of what things it can be used for. There are a number of built-in response types (yes, no; agree-disagree, etc) that automatically populate for the number of desired answers. For instance, a table of questions can be set up with an Agree-Disagree scale of 3, 5, 7, etc answers and it will automatically display and code the responses for all of the questions in the table. There are a variety of answer types that can be selected as well, include text boxes, text areas, and essay fields, which each allow for a different number of characters to be inputted.

Scoring is easy to set up. It can be set manually, such as for multiple choice questions in which only 1 answer should be given a point, or automatically numbered (1 - 4 for example for a 4 answer multiple choice questions) so that export of the results is easy and clear. The export process is relatively easy and offers a variety of file types. I've only used an excel, csv format, but others are available. The system can also automatically generate specific reports in regards to the questions and answers selected, which makes it easy to get a clear summary of responses.

The system also includes a test option, in which the system will automatically generate a number of responses (user set) in order to test output, question logic, etc. Individual responses can be deleted, and thus not included in the reports, so these are easily removed once survey development is done.

As the company/university has a pro account, it also helps lend an air of official-ness to the emails and surveys that were lacking with other platforms.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Elyse A.
Elyse A.

"Qualtrics makes it insanely easy to build surveys and analyze results."

What do you like best?

The options when building surveys. Any kind of question you can imagine is already built into the interface and is incredibly easy to build out. You can make surveys as intricate or as simple as you need without a lot of effort.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a little discombobulated at times. It takes more clicks than I would like to see ALL survey information, but once you get the hang of it, all of the information is there - you just have to know where and how to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time learning the ins-and-outs of reporting analytics. Once you have a solid grasp on how Qualtrics presents data, you can build your questions out better to get the answers you're looking for.

We are using Qualtrics for both surveys and application forms. It has helped us easily reach our constituents and present them with a clean, professional looking survey. The answers we've received through Qualtrics surveys have helped us better solicit and segment our populations. Application forms we've built in Qualtrics have given us the opportunity to thoroughly explain questions and ensure applicants understand them. It's also allowed applicants the ability to upload documents and provide us with more information compared to our previous survey client.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Aditya D.
Aditya D.

"Qualtrics is a very simple and easy to use platform for sending surveys."

What do you like best?

The fact that data can be download in a CSV format is the best thing as the data can then be analyzed with ease. The questions that I want to ask and the answers I want to receive can all be laid out in the survey. Qualtrics allows manipulation of the answer format, for example, I can edit the likert scale of the Agree response format. In addition, the survey can be previewed in the mobile format that I find very useful.

What do you dislike?

The IP address of the person taking the survey is known which is not a good thing for security purposes. Also, Qualtrics does not show the full name of the survey if the name is too long. This is annoying as I would need to open the survey to identify it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to maximize all of the features of Qualtrics as there are plenty. Also, Qualtrics allows the user to create surveys with ease. The format for the answer response can be chosen very easily too.

I am able to model the readiness levels of employees using Qualtrics. The benefit of the data analysis feature is very crucial to my work. The responses received from the surveys are organized very well in the format downloaded.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent survey software with lots of options and customization"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very intuitive and easy to navigate. Features such as the ability to upload contact lists and distribute surveys through individualized emails, to create public reports that automatically update as survey data come in, and easy downloads of raw data all make Qualtrics an excellent survey platform.

What do you dislike?

I have not personally had the best luck with customer service for survey issues. There are a few survey defaults that have caused issues and one needs to know about them ahead of time to make sure they are changed. For instance, there is a default to have a survey link expire one week from being viewed. If your survey is open longer, like two or more weeks, this can cause trouble if a participant clicks the link at launch but wants to actually complete the survey over a week later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are LOTS of features that take some time to figure out and maximize.

Gathering data on leadership and employee opinions and experiences; building preliminary reports to share findings with stakeholders

Qualtrics Research Core review by Kristy P.
Kristy P.

"Voice of Customer at its best"

What do you like best?

I find the tool intuitive and for the most part easy to use. I love that the tool opens so many doors for research and allows me to provide the best solution to our stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

There may have been a few things that feel a bit disjointed but that could have been part of the learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitey worth the investment, and judging by what I’ve seen at x4 there is plenty to come!

We’re expanding our Voice of Customer program for our website and hope to gain some valuable insights from our customers. While we’re still working on whaf that is all going to look like, and immediate benefit is the savings on time and resources as we’re able to do changes on the fly without relying on dev teams and scheduling.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"Perfect for quick surveys"

What do you like best?

This is a great way for me to gather student interests and suggestions regarding our programs. I am able to set up a survey flow that allows for varying responses and paths by programs, and the skip and display logic is extremely useful in this sense. The Analyze function is extremely helpful for me to find ways to increase survey response by removing things that survey takers can find annoying.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not my favorite and the formatting of them can be tedious, but thankfully I can pull the date to gather the information on my own. Also, the analyze and submit section does not notice when you use logic to skip or display, as it often tells me that I have more than 3 text boxes when the path someone takes will only show them up to 3 text boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to improve on the tool that analyzes the surveys before publishing them.

This allows me to keep n contact with our students and solicit their feedback to improve our programs.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is great because it is user friendly on both sides of the equation----creating surveys is so simple and efficient, and as someone who has also taken the surveys, it is straightforward and painless to use as a consumer. When creating surveys with Qualtrics, the step by step process is so intuitive and easy to follow. You can navigate between questions and answers, and you can even import the information you need if you already have it elsewhere and reduce the work time

What do you dislike?

While there is so much I can do with the platform, sometimes the amount of options I have to customize can be overwhelming. However, I gladly take that firehose of possibilities and information over another product that wouldn't let me do what I want/need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics lets you think outside the box, so take advantage of all of the features it has! Use it to stay ahead of the competition and please your client base. Clients want to be heard, and Qualtrics is physical proof you are listening to them!

Any time we need feedback from other departments or our clients, we can make sure we're asking the right kinds of questions in a way that is convenient for the departments/clients to give us the feedback we need to make their experience better. We can ask small questions that deal with details or BIG picture questions that will take months to answer and fix fully.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

" Qualtrics Newbie"

What do you like best?

The training videos made self-teaching easier. The customer service chat box and phone call was great. When setting up a 'new theme', the theme customer service was very communicative and responsive, I found this to make the process stress free.

What do you dislike?

The only two things that have bothered me... 1) If you insert any 'logic's' into your form, you are unable to have a Back Button on the page.

2) I found it a little confusing trying to figure out how to create a new theme and what the steps were, (especially because the person who assisted me via the qualtrics chat function gave me incorrect information) BUT once I did figure it out, it was all good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a way for the back button to be available even if 'logics' are in place.

We only use it for creating registration forms and internal surveys. The researchers we work with use this to create protocols for their research. As far as I can tell this works very well for them.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"My Qualtrics Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of survey creation and dissemination. Qualtrics is a powerful platform that makes it easy to do certain things like manage contacts and distributions and basic reporting.

What do you dislike?

The rigidity of the reporting features frustrate me. We shouldn't have to use classic reporting to get embedded data tables. "Snap-to" grids are supremely unhelpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics Research Core provides a useful and streamlined experience, making some tedious and complex tasks seamlessly accessible. However, it has its limitations and outside of the core platform it is inflexible. It is worth the money but think carefully before you buy the add-ons.

Monitoring and evaluation problems. It's a huge benefit to be able to do this out of one platform.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Melina D.
Melina D.

"Great analysis tool, but with a slight learning curve!"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is a nice simplistic and user-friendly format to administer surveys to research subjects. It collects the data in an easy-to-analyze format for the survey creators. The fact that it's a well-known format is very convenient too, since it helps streamline the process for both survey creators and users.

What do you dislike?

It has a bit of a learning curve for the survey creators! I took a research methods class back in college that dedicated a significant portion of the semester to learning how to make acceptable Qualtrics surveys.The disadvantage of an online survey platform is that subjects can easily misinterpret the questions and therefore render the post-survey analysis tools unhelpful. Giving subjects open-answer questions (with word limits!) is best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use correct grammar and follow the basic principles of conducting research on human subjects! Otherwise, a survey on an online format like Qualtrics can look illegitimate and silly.

We used Qualtrics in my Urban Environmental Politics research methods class back in my college days for small class projects. I now use Qualtrics in my current job as a collegiate coach for surveying my team about various topics. It is easy to survey a large number of subjects in a quick manner. However, creating the survey is not for beginners! It took a few classes for everyone to learn the basics of a good survey. The post-survey analysis tools are the biggest advantage that I realized.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User in Research
User in Research

"Premier Survey Platform"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Qualtrics is its ability to let you ask any question you want in practically any form, and receive both quantitative and qualitative data as a result that can be easily analyzed.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Qualtrics is that it can be very difficult to learn how to efficiently use this survey platform due to its complexity. Qualtrics can do a lot, but in turn, it takes a while to learn how to use it. Essentially, what makes it the best survey platform around, also makes it difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend one of two different courses of action if you are in need of survey software. If you decide to implement Qualtrics within your company, make sure that everyone who will come in contact with the software goes through a tutorial or training course of some kind. If they don't, there will be a huge learning curve and internal support for the software will dwindle. I would also keep in mind that when surveys are begun in Qualtrics but not completed by the survey respondent, Qualtrics keeps a log of all partial responses.

Second, I would also have you consider if Google Forms might be an appropriate solution for your situation. Google Forms is much simpler to use than Qualtrics, but is also has fewer capabilities. Google Forms also has the added bonus of being able to create a Google Sheet that is automatically updated in real-time as surveys are completed, though partial responses are not recorded like they are in Qualtrics.

I currently have four teams completing market research for various clients across the nation. Qualtrics surveys are one method that we use to collect and record information from potential consumers and competitors. It has allowed my teams to

Qualtrics Research Core review by Michelle F.
Michelle F.

"Excellent and easy to use survey platform"

What do you like best?

It's SO SIMPLE. The copy and paste functionality is amazing. It basically makes magic even when I come at it with garbage from Word. So simple to add and remove questions. The interface is really good looking too.

What do you dislike?

While it's not difficult to set up a nice looking reporting mechanism, it does take time. I wish the report outs were a bit fancier looking without having to do a bunch of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really spend the time to learn about the reporting. This thing can do SO MUCH without having to spend an arm and a leg.

I use the platform for internal surveys, mainly for events, but also to gauge our internal communications efforts. It's so easy to use and execute, I don't have to spend much time at all working with the software to get a good, clean, mobile ready survey in minutes.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"Workhorse survey platform"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics offers a lot of functionality combined with a relatively simple interface. Some of my favorite things are the UX touches like letting the user paste a list of responses (one on each line) and automatically converting it to response items.

What do you dislike?

The report formatting could use some work. Depending on the length of response labels, words get cut off or wrapped oddly. Providing more control over formatting of the charts would help. I also want a greater range of visualizations that support common survey question types, such as Max-Diff or Van Westendorp. Currently, those have to be generated using other tools. Finally, there are some weird things in the admin interface, like being unable to see a complete list of surveys that have been created across all users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do one or two surveys on the platform and see whether it's overkill for your needs.

Our strategy is driven by data and one important source is customer insights. Qualtrics makes it quick and affordable to gather these insights often.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"Best Customer Support I've Seen"

What do you like best?

Qualtrics is one of the best platforms I've used in terms of customer support. Their online chat feature has some of the most helpful reps I've experienced. Frequently they go above and beyond and create small videos to walk users through the process of troubleshooting whatever problem they are having. Qualtrics is, overall, user friendly, but when issues arise, Qualtrics support is there to help.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the platform can be missing key functionality that you would assume would be embedded into their system by now. For example, you cannot mass export individual responses as PDFs; you have to export one-by-one, which is not practical when you have over 100 responses. Additionally, you cannot create buttons in the distribution to take the survey, and you can't easily integrate crosstabs with reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some of the nuances of the product that I mentioned in the dislikes are somewhat cumbersome, but otherwise, I would highly recommend this product.

We use the Qualtrics Research Core as our online survey platform, as we are a market research company. This platform has many more capabilities than our previous platform, and it serves our purposes well. The best benefit, as I described earlier, is the customer support.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Sarah D.
Sarah D.

"Useful survey design tool"

What do you like best?

Overall, Qualtrics provides an excellent interface to create online surveys. There is a lot of flexibility in the way questions can be formatted, and the coding options are convenient.

I also have very much appreciated the customer service -- even when they couldn't solve my problem, they went above and beyond to try to help me and were conscientious in their follow-up.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to program the surveys so that the "Enter" button would progress the user to the next page using one keystroke, for both the web and mobile applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to, use Javascript to program unique features into your survey.

I use Qualtrics to accomplish most of my research and it has been so valuable. I really appreciate how you can distribute surveys in a variety of ways.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Helped me improve data collection and analysis"

What do you like best?

The ability to analyze data to understand trends.

What do you dislike?

Distributing surveys is confusing. I distributed via emails and I thought I would be able to go back to complete responses on behalf of individuals who completed paper surveys, but I wasn't able to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualtrics is a great data collection and analytics tool if that's what you're looking for.

I use qualtrics to receive feedback from students regarding my staff performance. This had previously been done using paper. This has helped us cut down on our use of paper, increase response rates, and improve data analytics. I've also noticed longer and more detailed comments using Qualtrics than I received using paper.

I've also used Qualtrics to evaluate my staff trainings. This has helped us to identify areas of improvement for future trainings.

Qualtrics Research Core review by User

"The Best Survey Platform On The Market"

What do you like best?

I have used several other survey platforms but none of the others come close to what Qualtrics provides. The design and functionality are easy to follow, the options for question types are broad, survey distribution and data analysis is as easy as can be.

The main reason I can give you for using Qualtrics is that the main components are extremely easy to use and it'll definitely help your research efforts.

You will not be disappointed if you choose Qualtrics.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that some of the features such as setting quota limits can be tricky to apply. The skip-logic and display-logic following on from questions such as matrix tables can be tricky to apply also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To be honest, Qualtrics has everything it needs to be an outstanding research platform. I don't have any complaints as such but something that would make the platform easier for me is for them to set-up page display logic instead of just skip-logic. This is just a personal preference to me for how I build the surveys that we distribute.

Qualtrics offer a complete package for research needs. Everything I want to be done from field work to data analysis can be done via Qualtrics.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management
Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"A Powerful Tool to Track Data"

What do you like best?

I appreciate having the ability to streamline our application process and add email triggers when certain conditions have been met. It makes it easier for me to track workshop requests and to automatically alert facilitators

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit overwhelming at first. I recommend taking the time to use the support website (it is amazing) and don't be afraid to call customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to devel into the support website. You do not have to know what a feature is called, just type in what you would like it to do. Also, take advantage of the customer support line- I have yet to encounter a feature I would like to add and not be able to do it quickly after speaking with them.

We were previously tracking Institute participants using a HTML coded internal browser which was problematic to say the least. The benefits have been a simpler process for our staff.

Qualtrics Research Core review by Amallie Theresita  A.
Amallie Theresita A.

"Product 360 "

What do you like best?

I like how easy to connect and raise my concerns to the Qualtrics Support Team and they are very well versed about the system and create a positive way of communicating the troubleshooting or workaround on the issues raised.

What do you dislike?

Since I am from Philippines and I have to call form various hotlines trying per avail country, the only challenge I have would be that one and no screen sharing can be provided. Nonetheless, the specialists are good in terms of explaining to the clients the background and fix when a concern is raised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aside from they are innovative, easy to use and always gets to be up-to-date, they always make sure that clients will be at ease to use this with primary support given.

It would normally for survey accessibility entailing respondent's issues in terms of going through the survey, fixing a survey, correcting the scoring in the metadata when the survey scores are being read.

Learn more about Qualtrics Research Core

Qualtrics Research Core Videos

Learning about Qualtrics Research Core?

* We monitor all Qualtrics Research Core reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,078 reviews)