Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

QuarkXPress

3.8
(147 reviews)

QuarkXPress is a design and layout tool for print and digital publishing professionals.

Work for QuarkXPress?

Learning about Quark?

QuarkXPress Reviews

Ask Quark a Question
Showing 152 Quark reviews
Quark review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"It'll be great once they get it working"

What do you like best?

I like the automation features such as master pages and content variables. Edit once, update everywhere.

What do you dislike?

Crash, crash, crash. When I pay $800 for software in 2018, I expect it to run. Quark doesn't. Simple operations like pressing Ctrl+Z or switching focus to another program frequently trigger crashes. This is all on a modern PC purchased in the last year which runs InDesign just fine. The user interface has odd behavior when switching between desktop programs, and the interface flashes as you move things around. A simple page with maybe 30 elements on in will scroll slowly, while InDesign scrolls smooth on the same conditions. No simple way to send Quark feedback (hence me coming to this random review site to give my feedback.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you decide to go this way, back up all your stuff. Skim the guide on their web site to make sure you catch all the cool features. Quark's flashing interface and constant crashing will make you pull your hair out, so consider working with a friend by your side so you don't feel like you're losing your mind..

Creating technical user manuals for food processing equipment. Automatic section and subsection titles at the top of the page are easy to create. Powerful tools for paragraph style sheets let us achieve a manual that looks up to par with industry standards.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuarkXPress
Quark review by Martin T.
Martin T.

"Gives a competitive advantage to its users"

What do you like best?

QuarkXPress is being aggressively developed. It does things which no other DTP software does, such as converting complex vectors into native objects from any source, free creation of iOS and Android apps and seamless HTML5 creation. Since 2012 it has first overtaken ID and then rapidly outstripped it. While ID has had cosmetic improvements and minor tweaks, QX has piled on major features in every version.

What do you dislike?

QuarkXPress is less known than it used to be, and dramatically less known than it deserves to be. It needs a higher social media profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join the Facebook group. Also, if you are a not-for-profit, make sure that you get the enormous not-for-profit discount, which is effectively the cheapest upgrade price to purchase outright. If you are coming from ID, expect to make a small investment of time to master QuarkXPress.

Organisations often come to me when they have documents which are too complex or are on too short deadlines for their in-house team to solve using their bundled-subsciption-based software. With QuarkXPress, I can take all of their business graphics, including legacy PDF files, PDF files supplied from ArcGIS or MapInfo, files supplied to them designed by third parties, Word and PowerPoint Graphics and Excel charts and Excel tables, and natively import them, conforming them to the visual identity guidelines. With the current version, i do this about 5-10x faster than I was able to previously, when I worked with a mixed environment of Quark and other vendor products. Now Quark does it all.

What Desktop Publishing solution do you use?

Quark review by David E.
David E.

"Quark XPress is mature, very stable, and produces perfect print-ready PDFs"

What do you like best?

Having used Quark from the start, and having tried other page makeup applications, I've always returned to Quark. The typography handling is superb, and the interface easy to get around. I've even seen complete non-technical novices make their first layout without even looking at the manual.

The pricing is extremely generous for the quality. Why would anyone use InDesign apart from "everyone's using it" or "my company only has Adobe licenses" or "I use Photoshop and…" etc. The one-off licence fee for two machines is refreshing in a period where annual subscriptions are widespread. I've published many professional books for clients in Quark, and find the workflow seamless.

I also like Quark's independence, and the fact that it pioneers features that users want. While I wouldn't use every single feature, I always feel there's something new to discover or use and have never felt limited by the software.

What do you dislike?

The various Quark-related website(s) are confusing and messy, and don't communicate well - please integrate the main site, support and licences so we don't have to sign in separately EVER! Otherwise, support is generally good. There was one bug a few versions ago that caused a crash on moving a text box, but that was fixed. I can't think of a single issue apart from that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quark XPress is a powerful, well-priced and independent tool that's worth adopting in your workflow. Make your own decision about the "everyone uses InDesign" hype - "popular" does not always equal "best"!

Professional-level print publishing, and PDF generation for various kinds of output.

Quark review by Jerry S.
Jerry S.

"The switch from inDesign to QuarkXpress 2018"

What do you like best?

So far the thing that I appreciate most is that all of the "menus" that I need are together in a convenient location. The most important thing is that the transformation from one software platform to another has been relatively simple. The final selling point for me was the ability to import an idml file into QuarkXpress.

What do you dislike?

I used the % resize feature quite frequently with InDesign. I have been able to work around that feature by re-scaling my graphic box and then fitting graphic to box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely know that QuarkXpress is superior inDesign 5.0. I also appreciate the many uTube tutorials that are available. I find them more helpful than the documentation--also thorough, but not as helpful.

I have mainly been using QuarkXpress to publish a newsletter for our local Sons in Retirement Branch, and now to publish a similar newsletter for our State SIR organization. I have only published using pdf format, but am anxious to work on HTML5 pages.

Quark review by Conni S.
Conni S.

"Have used Quark for many years and prefer it to InDesign"

What do you like best?

I'm just beginning to use Quark2018, and I'm liking the quick ways to manipulate text and graphics boxes on the menu bars at the bottom. At first I missed my key commands (upgraded from Quark 8.5), but I'm learning to love the new box interfaces.

What do you dislike?

I have always thought I'd like it if Quark had a text editor like the old Pagemaker, where you could go into an entire body of text in a long document and edit styles, find and replace, stuff like that. I don't dislike that it's not there, just think it would be handy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app that's easy to learn how to use, good customer support, help files are useful; I have used this for everything from tiny little ads for my clients to large business directory books for a chamber of commerce. I also use it for informational images about my art product on my Etsy shop and to create the electronic downloadable files for greeting cards, calendars, and planners I sell there.

I don't know that it "solves" any business problems other than it's my preferred layout program and I use it a lot.

Quark review by Samantha E.
Samantha E.

"Quark is "Quarky" "

What do you like best?

I've worked with Quark since 1996. I've always thought Quark was a little "quarky", but even if I had problems with using the program I could always find a work around and still get the job done. Currently my favorite release is the 2017 version. I've got no complains with it because it works for everything I need.

What do you dislike?

Currently running both Quark 2017 and 2018. My single most problem with 2018 is FONTS. I have no problems with my fonts being recognized and displayed correctly in the Q2017, but Q2018 is a whole other issue. I prefer to use FontAgent over Font Book, and Q2018 doesn't work with that program. I had to resort to purchasing Font Filter extension for Q2018 to get my fonts to display correctly in the drop down selection menu. Bottom line: I would recommend Q2017, Not Q2018 at this point till there is a patch for this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend purchasing the Q2017 and not Q2018 at this time.

I use Quark for ALL file creation projects. Our entire line of products is based off of Quark files. The benefit of using Quark is being able to pull in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat into my layouts with ease. As well as using JoLetter extension for doing a data merge from a Microsoft Excel file.

Quark review by Leonardo C.
Leonardo C.

"QuarkXpress, the king is still the king"

What do you like best?

QuarkXPress had been around since I remember. I started using it around 1991 and never stopped. Its frame based design, precision, extensions, support, features are not paired by any other product on the market. From simple brochures to books, magazines or creative design, QuarkXPress is capable of handling the job. Additional features like HTML engine, mobile app and eBooks are a plus and very welcome. I am a very happy user, having been upgrading it to latest versions

What do you dislike?

Wish they could have a larger market share. Also, support for final production is not easy sometimes as some printing shops do not accept native QuarkXpress files. Not a big problem as we usually submit press quality PDF's but might be an issue if some adjustments are necessary, the bureau is not able to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might believe it is not possible to use QuarkXPress in a world dominated by Adobe but it is! Give it a try. The price of the product is very competitive, they have multiple promotions for cross-upgrades and support is excellent. Learning curve is also minimal. I highly recommend it as an addition to your creative tools. You might be very well surprised.

QuarkXPress has been a valuable tool for fast turn around of drafts and mockups and super fast when migrating into the final design or project. The integration with some Publishing Automation tools, like the Quark Publishing System and the XML Editor is also very important to us.

Quark review by Suzanne G.
Suzanne G.

"Stable. Changing with the times."

What do you like best?

Most important feature that I like that compared to when I get somone elses InDesign file, I can select all the copy and hit the leading up or down and it will take out leading by 1 or 1/2 point everywhere. Indesign doesnt do it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the data merge, just dont get it...If I have to do something with data merge InDesign is a hell of a lot easier. More free stuff online with InDesign tips then quark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love that its non subscription. Im nearing the retirement phase of my career and would be nice to continue doing some work on the side. A subscription would greatly eat into any money I would happen to make. Same I would think would be for a designer starting out or a student. Have InDesign, try Quark on a trial period. It is very similar.

Benefit of Quark over InDesign. If for some reason customer wants to send to another printer to make changes, they dont have quark. So I actually keep the business since I have files in Quark.

Quark review by Andreas S.
Andreas S.

"Next Generation Document Management"

What do you like best?

The introduction of a clean/consistent DOM to manage all assets of a QXP project is a great advancement - and opens up many exciting possibilities for a modern workflow.

What do you dislike?

I would expect QUARK to be more forward-going in communicating this approach to the broad community of designers/producers/managers in the publishing industry as i can see a tremendous potential to do different than current products that strangle users' options through their de facto monopoly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QXP has disappeared from the consideration of many in design-eduction and industry. I strongly hope that QUARK engages at the source - with Design-/Media-/Publishing Education and Training for renewed recognition and attention. Communicating the benefits of the QXP engine will be difficult if the packaging is still a reminder of the past - This is a NEW product and it deserves to be recognized as such.

We have done live data driven publishing with QXP for many years - the product's new DOM structure and adherence to css/javascript standards will make the integration of assets cross media much easier. still at an early stage, but we can foresee exciting new schemes for the development, production, and management of publications.

Quark review by Baldomero C.
Baldomero C.

"Muy buen programa de maquetacion y composicion"

What do you like best?

Es un gran programa, muy versatil y fácil de usar, intuitivo y accesible a los que se sumergen por primera vez en él. La posibilidad de tener varias maquetaciones en un solo proyecto es un gran punto a su favor, ya que a veces es necesario hacer pequeñas variaciones o dividir un proyecto en varios apartados y tener que crear otro archivo diferente sería un lío.

What do you dislike?

Le faltan algunas opciones que a mi personalmente me vendrían muy bien, como por ejemplo poder cambiar el color del trazo de una tipografía y mantener el color del cuerpo, no simplemente dejar el cuerpo en blanco como actualmente. En cuanto a las páginas maestras se podría mejorar un poco más, añadiendo distintas opciones, tales como combinar o separar conjuntos de páginas. A las tablas también les vendría bien una revisión. Y para mí sería fundamental añadir una opción de numeradora, que pudiera marcarte en correlativamente distintas numeraciones o campos de bases de datos en páginas sucesivas, algo similar a la creacion de correspondencia en Word

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es muy buen programa, capaz de gestionar múltiples maquetaciones en un mismo proyecto,

Es mi programa de cabecera en cuanto a edición, maquetación y composición de libros, revistas, etc...

Quark review by Mike L.
Mike L.

"Discovering Quark Xpress 2018"

What do you like best?

Discovering Quark Xpress 2018 has been like opening a beautiful Pandora’s Box of hidden treasures. Transformative and revelatory in equal measure. Thank you Quark.

Kind regards, Mike Lethby

What do you dislike?

The (now long forgotten) years of Quark losing its former No 1 position to competitors. But now it's back, it's beautiful and it's intuitively refreshing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget the old clichés about Quark being slow at responding to design trends. It may have been true once, but the company shows a refreshing attitude these days that is re-orienting its market leadership.

A seamless integration of multi-platform media, with the power of content automation, that allows much more advanced and logical solutions to a host of design problems. The benefits come in terms of time saved, and thoughts focused, for everyone on a team with responsibility for the productivity and effectiveness of the chosen route/s of communication.

Quark review by Luke D.
Luke D.

"Quark is simply the best solution for powerful layout and publishing"

What do you like best?

Since the 1980s, I have liked the Quark interface and "box" approach to layout.

What do you dislike?

I think the Measurements palette works well, but could still be improved, with more options for control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many reasons to choose Quark, but I would reference license ownership (no annual "rental" fee), the best typographic controls in the business, an intuitive, common-sense approach to tools and usability, convert items to native objects, strong illustration and image manipulation tools, and a solid, reliable, out-of-the-box software package that simply works, and works well.

I have used QuarkXPress to design and publish a 40-page commercial magazine for 16 years. I can't imagine using any other tool to do the job. Before that, I have used Quark all my layout projects since 1989.

Quark review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

When it comes to Quark we use it to create and update programs and ancient files from years ago. We have an older version that still holds up to newer programs like Indesign. I would say Quark is resilient through the ages and has great features like character styles, linking text boxes with chains, master pages etc. It works well in creating PDF booklets and has a simpler interface that is easier to learn the basics.

What do you dislike?

While it does have an easier interface which is great, It really primarily in my eyes is more for text. I wouldn't design a magazine cover or Ad on Quark like I could on Indesign. The way it renders eps / pdf images are subpar and clunky.

We can go into our archives and still edit and re-new old files with Quark, so it has saved us so many hours in the factor that we don't have to recreate our old files into new ones on Indesign etc.

Quark review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Just What I Need"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use that I have with Quark XPress. I can use it to create small or large projects and I have the flexibility and design control that I need. I've used the product for many years and the upgrades just keep making it better.

What do you dislike?

There are features that I would love to use if I understood them better. Easy-to-follow tutorials would help solve this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to explore everything the program has to offer. Then explore it for yourself. It may take a little time to get comfortable, but once you know the basics it is a breeze to use.

I use Quark XPress to design print and social media ads, brochures, booklets, etc. When my freelance graphic designer is not available, I can use Quark XPress for smaller jobs and save money on design fees.

Quark review by Steve P.
Steve P.

"QuarkXpress is still King of the layout software options"

What do you like best?

Typography has always been easier to control in Quarkxpress. Also being able to import pdfs and vectors and editing them within Quark is a massive timesaver. I find I'm not jumping back and forth from Quark to Illustrator since the introduction of editing vectors within Quark, it's a massive timesaver. I generally find it more intuitive than Indesign (I also have to use Indesign as some of our bigger clients insist) and it's all round general performance is better and faster than Indesign. I personally wouldn't use anything else if I wasn't made to.

What do you dislike?

The updater kicking you out of whatever app you are working in. The lack of background outputting/printing. I think that tables could still be improved and setting application default preferences has taken a big step backward for objects and type boxes although I can see why they have done what they have. Just need to be able to set runaround preferences in the default preferences pane. These are all small niggles though and general performance is greatly improved over previous versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up to the Facebook group for insider tips and help when support has run out.

We personally find it speeds up our workflow compared to doing the same jobs in Indesign. We design all of our clients printed material in QuarkXpress unless told otherwise. We're are currently learning the digital side of Quarkxpress.

Quark review by Evan H.
Evan H.

"Quark Xpress, the good, the bad...."

What do you like best?

Robust desktop publishing software, leader in the industry, great fun to use. Got the job done. Used it from version 4 through 10, 15 years. Nice typography control to create really nice branded experiences. It was fast to start up and get going, once it was through crashing.

What do you dislike?

Need to purchase a lot of 3rd party plugins to get it to do anything. There were some horrible years of crashing and instability, causing stress on whether client files will become corrupt. Quark was also terrible with customer support, it was like calling the police. They did not seem to listen or love the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hate to say this but our agency was vested in Quark, we still own 2 programs, but at some point we migrated to Indesign, probably because of integration and use of all other Adobe products.

Huge multi page newsletters. Output to press. Indexing, posters, business cards, ads, it could handle multiple items and products. It was the main program for the office, every project was done in QuarkXpress.

Quark review by Gary H.
Gary H.

"Desktop publishing software"

What do you like best?

I've used Quark XPress since the 1990s when I worked for our local newspaper. Since leaving the newspaper 11 years ago, I always make sure that my employer allows me to purchase a copy of Quark as I'm very familiar with the product and can design and produce a wide array of marketing/promotional materials.

What do you dislike?

As Quark has evolved over the years, I have not, so I don't use many of the new features. Some are hard to use or difficult to understand. If you've never used Quark, it could feel a little intimidating but the learning curve to produce basic things isn't bad. I'd love to dig into the program and learn how to use more of its features, but I just don't have time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Quark XPress because I've been using it for many years, and it has always served my purpose. I know the shortcuts and features of the program, and it helps me produce and publish quality documents and materials. Some of the features are a little difficult to use, but for the most part, Quark is my go-to program. Also, if you're a non-profit agency, you can get a big discount on the price.

Quark helps me design flyers, create promotional materials, and even works as a word processor. You can easily convert documents to PDF or EPS. And many of the features of the program can't be found in other desktop publishing software. It's my go-to program when I need to design, edit, or convert a file.

Quark review by David L.
David L.

"Learning experience"

What do you like best?

Working with Quark has its pros and cons, for the pros I would boil it down to it's text-link/wrapping, which is always great. Along with the master pages which are a dream come true when you have a book you are compiling of over 200 pages. And also the other seemingly simple pros like character styles, paragraph styles, which really keep everything cohesive. It saves time by having these.

What do you dislike?

There are limiting things to Quark such as not having all the features many other programs such as itself has, being a relatively stand alone program can make it very incompatible when it comes to it's files. So interchanging without changing the file type too much makes for future complications. Also the price point makes it very unflattering.

Able to create extensive booklets to sell.

Quark review by Renata D.
Renata D.

"I love everything about this program."

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive and easy to work with. Also, Quark constantly upgrades and brings new features. Some of them very innovative.

What do you dislike?

I wish they have more tutorials available but since they have a super friendly tech. support and their online community always ready to help this makes up a lot for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who start with publishing (print and digital) and need a solid program that delivers but want to avoid monthly fees, it's the best option on the market now.

We use Quark in our studio for all the marketing needs of our clients. We produce both, their print and digital materials with it. They especially appreciate the export to HTML when producing interactive publications.

Quark review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Quark XPress, time honoured publishing program."

What do you like best?

I've been using it since 1981 and like it's ease of use and find that it handles everything I need to create anything, from single page invoices to books to magazines etc. It works seamlessly with making postscript files for pdfs compatible with high quality pre press

What do you dislike?

I have been using Quark XPress since 1981 and have no real complaints about it. It just keeps getting better with each new release

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. Buying this program actually gives you the program, not just a rental.

I publish magazines and find that Quark XPress makes everything easy, from kerning to stylesheets and key command short cuts. Quark works seamlessly with other graphic programs I use as well.

Quark review by Herbert W.
Herbert W.

"Quark 2018 a homerun"

What do you like best?

On my 4-year-old iMac, Quark is fast, incredibly stable, and nearly flawless. There are those who are determined to point out what Quark doesn't do (yet), rather than how well it does on its strengths. The Facebook page is frequented by engineers and tech as well as power users, so answered to problems are minutes away in most cases. In-app image adjustment, content variables, new pallet interface, are just a few of the features that I like.

What do you dislike?

I'm having trouble finding something that I don't like. Everyone has a list of what features they want, and I have mine, but they are all minor things, and quite frankly, I can't just ding them for not catering to my specific desires. I'm afraid of writing such a glowing review, but I really can't think of anything that I actively dislike. Is that a bad thing?

Recommendations to others considering the product

The list of things that Quark does not do is getting shorter and shorter. Each year it is implementing new ideas and building on the solid foundation. Use what you like, but make sure that when people try to sway you with recommendations that they are not using a 5-year-old version of Quark to make the comparison. The efficiency is just so high with this product. Any remnants of the dark days of the mid to late 2000s is gone. With the responsiveness of the Quark team, getting help is really easy, especially through the Facebook group. Power-users hang out there all the time and are good at lending a helping hand when needed as well as coming up with solutions for perplexing problems.

Time. The last two versions have introduced features that streamline what I do. I have old ways of doing things, but with the power that has recently been introduced, I'm restructuring how I work; and now I work faster and easier.

Quark review by Danny G.
Danny G.

"Coming Home to QuarkXpress"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that my main tool for creation of layouts doesn't teather me to a never ending subscription.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I didn't come back to QuarkXpress sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't take anyone's word for it or mine. I read reviews, I asked opinions, read forums, etc. A lot of the noise was surprise that QuarkXpress was still around. I downloaded the trial version (30 days) and went about putting it through my paces. When the 30 days were up, I asked for an extension and they happily provided me with another 2 weeks (part of my experience was needing to refamiliarize myself with the program, where everything was, shortcuts, etc. and THEN working on projects so the extension gave me more time to get in a workflow groove). I've also been using Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo for about 2 years so I'm pretty much out of the Adobe world. You can export the proper file formats from Affinity programs for use in QuarkXpress. I also converted many of my recurring projects and templates from InDesign, either by exporting the InDesign files as as XML or PDF and importing them into QuarkXpress (you can import the PDF and convert them to native objects-in my experience the conversion is usually 85 to 95% true to the original and that beats having to rebuild everything from the ground up). I've only started to dig into QuarkXpress's full potential (Ebooks, HTML5, etc.). Pretty cool image editing tools as well.

My business relies on a robust Page Layout program and QuarkXpress is that program. Aside from a slight re-learning curve and letting go of the former workflow from years of using InDesign, Xpress seems far more intuitive than Adobe products. The benefits are many and they include the fantastic customer support and forum's where you're treated like a professional and not bombarded with snarky retorts or admonitions that any other way than that of Adobe is foolish.

"QUARKXPRESS THE BEST"

What do you like best?

Quarkxpress est un logiciel vraiment puissant, efficace et qui a su évoluer avec les différentes versions notamment avec le multi media. Ce que j'apprécie : l'évolution tout en retrouvant son interface, son environnement de travail. Etant surtout print, il m'a facilité mon travail surtout dans la gestion des visuels. Bravo pour l'intégration des polices couleurs, les possibilités graphiques et de mise en forme facilitées comme “ombrage de texte”, la gestion de la couleur. Les PDF sont de grandes qualités, professionnels et la facilité pour réaliser les annonces multi media. C'est un logiciel stable. C'est un logiciel qui n'est pas sur abonnement et qui vous appartient contrairement à Adobe, très important pour moi.

What do you dislike?

Manque de vidéo tuto sur les innovations (en français). Les procédures de mises à jour pas toujours simples.

Je suis créatif et je réalise donc des supports de communications pour des sociétés ou structures institutionnelles. L'avantage de QuarkXpress pour moi : un environnement connu, une facilité et rapidité de réalisation, la gestion d'annonce multi-media, la gestion de visuels plus grande sans passer par le logiciel d'origine, les possibilités typographiques

Quark review by User in Design
User in Design

"The new QuarkXpress 2018"

What do you like best?

I personally decided to give QuarkXpress a new try back with version 8. Primarily because they offered me a good deal with my old and abandoned version 3. I saw some interesting new development there, but it was a cumbersome version. So I sticked with Adobe InDesign. Also with Version 9 and also 10. But with version 10 Quark began to do the right things. They concentrated more on digital functions and improved speed and reliability. Then the new features for app-prototyping and development came up an for me Quark has some real benefits over InDesign. It's not so overcrowded with windows and palettes which do not refer to the things on the screen. The digital export options just work as expected. No surprising effects after export.

Apps are simple to make and test easily on your mobile device. But they are limited to HTML5 based apps.

Alongside with the app-features the direct export to HTML5 is also really handy now. It also supports responsive web-design, which may be a challenge for traditional print people. Surprisingly QuarkXpress also provides a full set of vector tools. I tried to create a very complex logo with 3D like appearance and it came really fine. It is not to be compared to illustrator then it comes to photorealistic vector art, but for flat design and even some three-dimensional effects it works good. Quark now also handles images in a way that makes it more and more independent from Photoshop for easy tasks as blurring, color correction and things like that. It also handles psd-files with layers better than Indesign does.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I really dislike is the fact that some of the functions are hidden in strange menu-structures or even in functions you would never expect they are related with your problem. You will find a solution for everything, but at least at first time it takes time to find out how. This is also true for experienced QuarkXPress users if they do some tasks rarely. I would like to see more consequent features like a retouch-tool for images, which would make an external app like Photoshop or Affinity Photo unneccessary for simple operations in the layout process. And I would like to see much more intuitive use of things like drop shadows. Drop shadows are a good sample for the power of QuarkXpress combined with the talent of not telling that the power is there. Drop shadows could be used to do nearly everything you can do with layer-sties in InDesign, but you have to figure out how.

I do all my print-work in QuarkXPress because of it's speed and reliability. And we do all our app-prototyping in QuarkXPress. We simulate more complex functions with the help of video and animation. This is ideal to tell the app-devolpers how we want the app to work. I'm excited by the new scripting possibilities even if we didn't use them in production actually.

Quark review by Adrienne L.
Adrienne L.

"Querky "

What do you like best?

This program can get very precise. Measurements can be exact and the dialog box for PDF output selection is also detailed. Packaging work and pulling linked files and fonts into one location is easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program will freeze or shut down. A "Recovered Files" folder will then appear on your desktop that may or may not have your latest files. You are also limited in the types of files you can import into a Quark document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to set the auto saving mode to ON so that you can keep your most recent files in case the program crashes. This is a powerful layout program and you can get very precise and achieve accurate printing results when tricky folds and perforations are part of the design.

Style sheets and layers are your friends!

Brochure and booklet design. Multiple pages and style guides are a breeze.

Quark review by Franz W.
Franz W.

"Smart Tool"

What do you like best?

Typographic Possibilities and Wording like i learned as Typesetter in Mid-70es; Convert a Document in different multiple Channels like PDF, HTML, ePub, Page-Sizes; Listening to Consumers on Forum and special on Facebook (the only Reason to use Facebook is this Group where you get Information by Others and also Quark without Flame-Wars) and over the last Years a strong Product-Cycle of Enhancements starting with XPress 2015. Combination of different Sheets like Font-. Paragraph-Stylesheets. Automatic Functions like Conditional Styles to make non experienced Users ready to Layout simple Products like a 4-Page Newsletter.

What do you dislike?

Missing some Typographic Possibilities like define a Drop Caps-Font in Paragraph (remember Ventura?); append in Conditional Style a Sign like "at the End of Story append <". Features like "Job Jackets" or "Composition Zones" are complex, so i'm missing Videos about how to use and in which Situation its a smart Solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Proof your Tool, whatever you now use.

I used XPress for Years from Flyer to Book, from Newspaper to Magazine. Testing ePub and now HTML. Also tested other Layout-Tools but stay because i don't see a real Benefit using one of other Layout-Tools.

Quark review by Joseph S.
Joseph S.

"QXP2016 - Definitely the most reliable layout software"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the reliability how the software works, definitely makes me enjoy working on it. I do every little thing that needs to be designed on it. From business cards to letterheads, leaflets to magazines, books to ebooks, printed banners to online banners. In the QXP2016, a lot of features have been included and in the coming release, QXP2017, even more features are going to be included, and the best thing is that all the features that are added, are mainly chosen by us designers in the industry. The Facebook group, which is mainly dedicated to people using QuarkXpress and run by the people of Quark Software, gives the opportunity for every member to help one another with every problem one might find, no matter what software version they use. As others mentioned, it is great at handling multi page documents especially with a lot of text but I don't say that it's just good for that as I create layouts with image heavy articles and I still find it easy to handle. A plus is the digital publishing which Quark allows you to publish directly to your App through their portal. This is the future even though printing will never die.

What do you dislike?

Very little to say here as software experience is very good. Anyone who faced difficult times in the past through customer service, I understand them but that has changed completely to the opposite direction and who hasn't tried the software lately, I recommend that they give it a shot before slamming it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whoever tried Quark a while ago, and had bad experience, I suggest that they give it another try especially with the new one which is soon coming out. To those who never tried Quark, I suggest to dedicate some time to read about it and have an idea of the things that can be done, ideally going back to older versions and gradually reading till the latest ones and download the trial. Maybe you find it simpler to handle. Don't think that you will handle it in a day but it won't take you long to learn.

I've used Quark for the past 25 years now, and did pretty much a lot of stuff with it. From newspapers to magazines, books. List is endless. Now I started as a self employed on graphic design and it is the main software and I'm still working on the same kind of material.

Quark review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Best layout software for all my professional design needs"

What do you like best?

Quark allows me to be fast and efficient which leaves more time for the creative process. I use it for every design job. I prefer it over any other option. I have been using it professionally every day for nearly 30 years. I cannot imagine using anything else. Quark continues to improve the software, making large strides in recent years. If you use or are considering InDesign, try Quark. It more than pays for itself once you learn it. It has keyboard shortcuts for nearly everything and you can add or change your own.

What do you dislike?

A few UI tweaks may be nice. Ex: more obvious highlighting of current page in Page Layout dialog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest it to any graphic designer. i prefer it to any other layout software. The Facebook Group is wonderful at solving problems for users. Answered by both users and Quark employees.

Keyboard shortcuts allow for more time to design and less for creation. I use it for all design jobs, from printed literature, billboards, ads, web site design, displays, etc.

Quark review by Faye S.
Faye S.

"QuarkXpress since 1992"

What do you like best?

I have been using QuarkXpress since 1992 and wouldn't want to use any other program. It is easy to learn and use, and is logical in the way things work. There are many new features in the latest versions, and I'm watching the QuarkXpress YouTube channel to get new ideas and update the way I work.

Cost to upgrade is relatively inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything specific that I dislike, but 40 characters are required in order to submit this review ;o)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this program.

Layout is easy, style sheets save a huge amount of time.

Lots of great features.

Easily import pdf files as native objects and modify any or all of the text/photos.

YouTube instruction videos are available on the QuarkXpress Channel.

Upgrades are not required, but the cost to do so, if desired, is nominal.

Faster layout of magazine pages. Learning to better utilize style sheets

Quark review by Steve H.
Steve H.

"A real return to form for the recent versions"

What do you like best?

I've been using Quark since 3.32 and like many others we've dabbled with InDesign. In the early days printers were much happier with collected Quark files, but since PDFs became the norm it's less of an issue. I've never really moved away from Quark, even when they were the only game in town ands their prices and customer service reflected that, as I find it it reliable and easy to use for print (which is still a large part of our work). I'm now using 2015 and the improvements have made it even better. Being used to the shortcuts obviously helps, but I find it really user friendly and nowhere near as bloated with features I don't need as InDesign. My son is studying graphics at university and they use CC exclusively and I suspect Quark may struggle to get younger users, but the non-subscription is certainly attractive.

What do you dislike?

It's taken a while for Quark to become as responsive to the marketplace and end users as it should have been – there was a bit of arrogance a while back – but I've noticed a real improvement in this area. There seems to be a real drive to get users happy and supported. We have CC for the other apps we use all the time, but Quark is still my go-to page layout app.

Print projects from short run digital to documents with hundreds of pages for litho. Speed and reliability are essential and Quark gives me that.

Quark review by User in Higher Education

"A less user-friendly version of Adobe InDesign"

What do you like best?

Quark allows you to create layouts that work well with multiple pages. The text link tool between boxes is useful when including long amounts of text. The runaround tool is helpful when using photos in a document with text, as it allows you to set a specific distance between the photo and the text around it.

What do you dislike?

Quark is an outdated way of working in a layout. Everything always seems delayed and more complicated to use than it should be. Unlike the Adobe suite which works together between programs, Quark doesn't fit well with any other program. I find that when I'm using Quark I am working harder than I need to be do one thing that would be much simpler in a program like InDesign. For example, in other programs you can easily select text and change font, color, leading, etc. with simple tools. However, Quark breaks everything up into different categories into the toolbar, so you are left clicking through to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a program to create layouts, I would suggest Adobe InDesign instead of QuarkXPress. It has a lot of the same features, but a much easier workspace. Quark works, but makes you work harder.

I use QuarkXPress for some layout design, including magazine layout. It does have the benefit of being able to create spreads for projects like this.

Quark review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Streamlined and easy to use."

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and understand. Have been using for years and with each update the software has become streamlined so what may take you two process in Indesign only requires one in Quark. Exporting files are quick and creating HTML is so easy!

What do you dislike?

Honestly hard to say. Would love to have the option of creating different size pages in the one file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. The learning curve in Quark is easy. Production time is definelty quicker.

I do a cross section of work from packaging design to catalogues to web based banners.

Quark review by Aleksandar D.
Aleksandar D.

"Excelent prepress tool for modern publishing"

What do you like best?

Completing project with one tool, in one software ecosistem. Working with text, pictures and vectors, and inporting PDF with conversion to native objects is most exciting capabilities of new quarkXpress 2018.

What do you dislike?

Complicate native import of multipage PDF. Extensions solve problems, but natevely you have to import page by page. It is time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excelent program, fast development of software, numerous new functions with every new version.

One of the bigiest problem in my work is to import and change or use parts of imported PDF. Before quarkXpress I have to open PDF in some vector program, and decomposed it on parts which I use later. Now, I import it in quarkXpress and convert to native objects, and work with PDF elements (images, text or draws) as quarkXpress objects.

Quark review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"I use QuarkXPress as an owner of an ad agency since 1994"

What do you like best?

I like the box system and the simple handling of text and pictures. Since the latest version, I also like to use the new font design options.

About 10 years ago, I tried to switch to Indesign. However, that was too complicated for me and the performance of QuarkXPress is just better.

What do you dislike?

For really large documents, QuarkXPress reaches its limits in direct PDF export.

My advantages are obvious:

• simple text editing

• easy image editing

• shorter build times

• productive work-around

Quark review by Guy M.
Guy M.

"The most powerful and user friendly design programme"

What do you like best?

Quark 2018 is the most stable, reliable, easy to use and most powerful programme for design. I can get through a huge amount of productivity without any issues.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything really. Maybe little things like the way measurements are tabbed in the measurement palette could be more consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If graphic design is your game, then look no further!

No problems at all. Benefits primarily as above, I can get through a huge amount of work without any issues.

Quark review by Gail (Niziak) W.
Gail (Niziak) W.

"Quark vs. InDesign"

What do you like best?

Hands down, everything (and I'm only now upgrading from Quark 9.5.4.1). In the late 80's I switched to Quark from Adobe Pagemaker and have never looked back. Pagemaker was sweet, kind of like a Percheron draft horse -- strong, steady, but limited in intelligence. By comparison, Quark was like a Puissance high-jump thoroughbred -- sensitive, yes but when treated with respect and professionalism, it was sheer pleasure to operate. Mind you, I love Photoshop. And many of our designers prefer InDesign. In fact, I have had to work with InDesign files through the years. That said, sorry to say, it's always been a drag to do so.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions, Quark has evidenced quirky, high strung behavior. I've always taken it to be a sign that a break is needed by all parties. With attention and care, the problems always got resolved. Also for some reason (Mac OS 10.10.5) whenever I intentionally quit out of the program, it gives me a message that Quark "quit unexpectedly" -- which is annoying. What improvement would I love? To be able to work in pixels as a measurement and set the dpi of a file. But that's probably not possible....

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a professional (you care about typography, like to make your own decisions on settings and are fussy about a myriad of things in graphic design) then give Quark a chance. Don't listen to anyone who complains about it.

We use Quark for all aspects of typesetting and graphic design for print. Benefits realized: 30 years of demonstrable success as a marketing communications firm.

"Quark review"

What do you like best?

I find Quark far more user friendly and intuitive than competitor software. Creating books in particular is a much easier process.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is not being able to search for straight quote/speech marks and replace them with curly quote/speech marks. I would also like an option to put in a command of equi-spacing between text items rather than working out tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you create books then this is the must go to software for that process. However, I find the programme suits everything I personally need to create with it; be it books, brochures, stationery, posters, banners, etc.

I've used Quark since day one and I am very impressed at how it is coming back at it's competitors with all the new features it now incorporates. To me it is very user friendly and I can't imagine being as comfortable with other programmes. It simply makes sense!

The other thing I like is that I don't have to have a subscription to use this programme. This is also a factor as to why I will continue to use Quark. And there is also brilliant support group on Social Media, a community that are very willing to help with solutions to any problems one may encounter.

For me I find QuarkXPress a lot simpler and quicker to use than competitor programmes, I can't say that there are business problems I've solved, but it does save me a lot of time using this programme.

Quark review by Roger D.
Roger D.

"Excellent product for layouts"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Quark is being able to make, define, and apply stylesheets that match my publication's brand and style. With other software, I've had to style text by hand every time I want to do something a bit differently. With Quark, I set a style, then apply it as many times as I want, and I can set keystrokes for each.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally some Quark documents can be buggy, but we've found that this often happens when pages are used over and over, with material being added to a template file, saved, then stripped off before pages are used again. In short, the fault is with a bad user practice, not with the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quark can be difficult to learn at first. My first couple of weeks left me feeling useless. But out of the box, Quark is fairly intuitive. Within a short time, once the keystrokes are learned, you'll be flying through your documents quickly and producing some pretty amazing stuff.

I've used Quark for designing and paginating newspaper pages in the past, and I currently use it for long, multi-page documents. Quark makes it very easy to handle jumped (continued) material from page to page.

Quark review by Cassandra E.
Cassandra E.

"I love Quark"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see all my type adjustments in one place and can adjust in smaller increments by holding down the option key.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's not really competing with Adobe InDesign and that many designers don't use it. Time to ramp of advertising and get it out there and a contender again before it dies. It's a better product than Adobe InDesign! Compete PLEASE... I don't want to switch their buggy product completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stable and great product! I have been working in Quark for 20+ years!

It's very stable and I'm able to produce my magazine for the last 20+ years with it. The magazine is beautiful and popular in our industry.

Quark review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Quark for freelance graphic designers"

What do you like best?

Quark was the first best page layout program. Creating on screen is like laying out on a board but with massive editability.

My current client has Quark files that need updating, so I will most likely be using Quark on their machine.

Now that Adobe has moved to a subscription model, I may be considering Quark again as my go to layout program.

What do you dislike?

I was turned off by price. When InDesign debuted at a much cheaper price and had the ability to convert Quark documents, I made the switch. Unless my client has particular needs, they aren't concerned with the software; the deliverable is a print ready pdf.

At one point when working with Windows software, postscript information would not print properly in Quark. Calls to Quark's support did not resolve the issue. At the time Windows was not supporting postscript natively the way Macs did. Adobe realized this and built the support into their software. Hence, InDesign had no problem with postscript fonts nor eps files. In that particular work environment, I switched to InDesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with Quark. Now that subscription is the new business model for software, you may want to compare prices with InDesign over a period of years. Also determine if your clients have particular needs.

When Quark debuted it was boon to graphic designers and far better than any predecessors. Working digitally created new efficiencies. It was my standard layout program and had no competitors for a long time.

Quark review by Shawn B.
Shawn B.

"QuarkXPress Review"

What do you like best?

I would say ease of use, but still this is a matter of preference. I was trained to use Quark, as I earned my Bachelor of Fine Art degree in Graphic Design. I studied hard, and got really efficient at, so it's easy for me to go in and quickly do what I want with Quark. Two-thirds, through my college study, the professor started teaching us InDesign. I didn't like it so much because it was a little cumbersome to use, but this is because I had not done extensive training on my own to learn it, so I am slower at InDesign, but I am certain it can just as good as Quark. I often use command + M to access a palette where you can change around images imported into Quark, edit text, and arrange elements. I forget the name of the palette. Linking pages is nice too when you have to deal with alot of text or create a book/magazine/etc. You can easily import text and edit it. Collect for Output is a great feature when you need to get a project to the Printer. Many people who don't know Quark well, miss out on this feature.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to use the latest version of Quark, I am still using version 7. I would like to see some more features for editing Photos, Colors, and effects. I forget the name of the palette off the top of my head, but you do command + M, I think control + M on PC, to access it. I still haven't had the chance to check out the latest version of Quark. I need to download a trial to give it a test run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend Quark to others, especially if you have to do alot of Annual Reports, Magazines, Catalogs, or multi-page documents.

Quark has been quite useful to me when dealing with Annual Reports, Magazines, Books, etc. In other words, creating documents that involve alot of text. I like to use Quark. I have been using InDesign more now so that I get used to in case I get a Graphic Design freelance position that forces me to strictly use InDesign. Many studios have switched to InDesign since 2007, so they don't use anything else. Plus it cost them less because of Adobe Creative Cloud.

Quark review by User in Design
User in Design

"A real workhorse of an application that has delivered consistent results my whole career (31 years)"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the user interface is the key advantage QXP has over competing software.

What do you dislike?

It can be unstable and glitchy at times, especially after large software update releases, and the launch speed of the can be slow. But maybe that's to do with my MacPro 2010 (64GB RAM) 520SSD HD... not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The history and DNA of QuarkXpress is rich when it comes to professional grade Desktop Publishing and their entry into the digital publishing space is very exciting also. Give it a try, see how it compares to InDesign, you won't be disappointed.

Desktop publishing, large format print works, bespoke signage design

Quark review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Still using for legacy files"

What do you like best?

Its familiar for me. short cuts are embeded in my flow, so its tough to switch to InDesign. They basically do the same things as a solo designer.

What do you dislike?

Used it since its inception, but do to cost of the software and constant updates requiring new purchases, much more cost effective to use Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most of the world is using InDesign these days, so if you work with outside sources for files or are required to edit others work, you might want to consider the alternative.

Quarkexpress lets me design and layout print advertising for all sorts of media.

Quark review by Administrator

"QuarkXPress best layout software"

What do you like best?

QuarkXPress version 2018 is ideal for all layout work. Since the program is the industry standard, there are virtually no problems with sharing data with printers, etc.

The program runs safely and is the perfect tool. I'm very satisfied.

What do you dislike?

Web site design is not the power of QuarkXPress. Although I do not need any programming skills and can quickly come to a conclusion, web programmers see many disadvantages. So there are probably problems to be discovered by Google. So, ok for a quick and good looking job. However, after a few initial attempts, I switched to a different solution in order not to have the problems described above.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the industry standard and working with other service providers works perfectly.

I produce books, magazines, design ads, but also building signs and much more. Everything works perfectly.

Quark review by User

"QX -- Once a leader in the field, now a follower"

What do you like best?

I used to work exclusively in QX and thought it was the best program. It was far superior to Pagemaker. But then Adobe came out with InDesign and that was the death of QX.

What do you dislike?

Making a PDF was problematic. Working between Photoshop and Illustrator and QuarkX was not a seamless experience. There were many glitches in the program. Then when they would update the QX versions, they weren't backward compatible with some of the earlier versions. Once anyone works in InDesign, they see how clunky and inefficient QX was and still is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they want to stay in the game, they have to follow the industry leader: InDesign. It needs to work much more seamlessly with other Adobe products.

I was creating brochures and designing various printed materials. Not many so I switched to InDesign.

Quark review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Decent program, but I still prefer InDesign"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can split your project into different parts so that multiple people can work on different parts a large project at once and then easily import all parts back into one file when it is finished and ready to publish.

What do you dislike?

They still haven’t seemed to have resolved the crashing issues. These crashes have been a problem for years. I don’t know why they wouldn’t have worked these bugs out by now. And their technical support leaves much to be desired. Seems their solution to every issue is to simply restart the program and your computer or to even uninstall and reinstall the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn’t recommend QuarkXPress. I would always recommend InDesign over QuarkXPress anyday.

The only reason we keep a copy of QuarkXPress is because some of our clients still prefer this program to InDesign, so we have to have the program in order to be able to work from our clients’ native files. Fortunately most of our clients have converted to InDesign, so it’s rare that we have to use QuarkXPress anymore

Quark review by Ruth S.
Ruth S.

"The Best Professional Layout Program for Print and Digital Publishing"

What do you like best?

I have been using QuarkXpress for many years. It is the industry standard for print and digital publishing.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to install new versions when I upgrade. I purchased the QuarkXpress 2018 upgrade at a great price and have been unable to install it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They will not be disappointed. QuarkXpress delivers.

I produce one-sheeters with graphics for my retail clients along with customer consultation packets that I convert to PDF files, saving multiple PDF files as Acrobat Portfolios. I also have used QuarkXpress throughout the years to create multiple page documents for magazines and book publishing.

Quark review by Travis R.
Travis R.

"I used QuarkXpress daily for 15 years"

What do you like best?

The best part was that all the shortcuts and tools had become second nature after 15 years of daily use.

What do you dislike?

I stopped using QXP during version 8. The competition overtook QXP in ease of integrating with PSD and AI files. The UI became too bulky. QXP relied on 3rd party plug-ins for features that ID had built in (ex. Drop Shadows, Blending Modes, importing PSD files formats, etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

QXP has not been my daily layout program in >5 years. I found that vendors stopped accepting QXP files (they only wanted final PDF files, or InDesign). Even though I do not like Adobe's business model of monthly subscriptions, i would not recommend anyone take the time to learn Quark. None of my peers or colleuges are using Quark. I would recommend a new user to learn the Creative Suite software or other less expensive software like Sketch

I now only use QXP to update reprint/legacy files from our archive. I've not built a new project from scratch in QXP since 2011. My experience has now given me a slight niche market, because I have clients calling around looking for someone who knows Quark and can update their old files. Not a particularly exciting niche, but one that brings in some extra income.

Quark review by James S.
James S.

"No longer the industry leader"

What do you like best?

Quark has always been easy to use. The design, organization and interface is very clean and well thought out making the overall use smooth and easy to learn. It was designed as page layout software and has always done that well.

What do you dislike?

I began using Quark when Pagemaker dropped the ball years ago. After Adobe began taking the lead I quickly realized that they had created software that was more versatile with smoother transitions into other programs for illustration and photography than Quark. Quark dropped way behind and everyone seemed to move to Adobe. I have also experienced the software to be slow, jumpy and endless problems that caused crashes, losing work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quark is really well designed and easy to use for page layout, book design, large publications, annual reports, and catalogs. It can be more affordable than other design, layout software. I would ask around, read reviews, try the most used programs and decide for your specific needs.

I've worked in the graphic design field since 1992 and used Quark for a variety of purposes ranging from advertisements, brochures, ads, annual reports and some book design. In the last ten years I have been using it only if a client requires it.

Quark review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Quark has great functionality compared to Indesign but it lacks in other departments"

What do you like best?

Quark is easy to use whether or not you have a full graphic design background. The program is great for brochures and one sheet flyers. Anything more then that, the program tends to get very quarky. For technical datasheets, this program was great. Their tables were very easy to use and to customized as needed.

What do you dislike?

Once you start getting into the bigger files of catalogs, the program tends to stop working properly, freeze, and even has exited out without saving my document. If you don't save every so often, you could loose valuable work in an instant. The program also ran a bit slow. I am not sure if this was due to my network, but at work or home, the program didn't respond well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform to start off with, especially if you are doing small brochures and flyers. The tools are easy to find and use. There are also a ton of tutorials. If you end up using this program, remember to save often!

I was able to make flyers and 4 page brochure pretty well. the tools were easy to find when creating these pieces. Made a bunch of technical datasheets as well which their tables where very easy to use and make unique in color. I liked using it for the technical datasheets best.

Learning about QuarkXPress?

* We monitor all QuarkXPress reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.