4.0
(68 reviews)

Qubole delivers a Self-Service Platform for Big Data Analytics built on Amazon, Microsoft and Google Clouds

Work for Qubole?

Learning about Qubole?

Qubole Reviews

Ask Qubole a Question
Showing 68 Qubole reviews
Qubole review by Aldo O.
Aldo O.

"Surprisingly easy to use"

What do you like best?

I especially like how easy it is to trigger commands, not only from the Qubole console but also using the REST API to trigger actions from our custom scripts. Also, being able to switch between technologies such as Hive, Presto and Spark with a simple dropdown is great. Finally, the capability of switching between environments to sandbox changes

What do you dislike?

Notebooks are sometimes unstable and we get weird exceptions that are solved by waiting for a little while and retrying. Also, the displayed tables are not automatically refreshed.

Qubole lacks some good videos to explain how to configure the interpreters and add custom artifacts; I had a hard time finding that out on external forums

Recommendations to others considering the product

More documentation on the REST APIs to facilitate the usage

Running adhoc queries on our datalakes and increase/decrease the size of our cluster on demand. We also connect our scheduler to this platform to submit jobs on a regular basis. Whenever we want to take a look at something in particular, we review the logs and find the job id to dig into the logs. The most important benefit we've experienced is the cost reduction of using our cloud provider since Qubole expands and shrinks the clusters accordingly and it is extremely easy to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Qubole
Qubole review by Valeriy B.
Valeriy B.

"Valeriy Borysyuk's Qubole review"

What do you like best?

Qubole provides easily accessible history of all queries with results, I can share Query ID with query itself and it's results with someone else in my team or across the company. This is the killing feature really. Also clusters are started, scaled and shut down on demand. Also excellent Qubole support. They help to resolve all problems, simple and complex ones. Qubole also developed a lot of features, like Hive-JDBC-Storage-Handler for accessing other JDBC data sources from Hive, and many other features.

What do you dislike?

Impossible to run Hive from the shell script. Impossible to execute simple light-weight shell without Map-Reduce started. When using GUI, need to re-login every few minutes, this is annoying feature. I'd prefer my sessions not to expire during my working day. Cost views are heavy and it seems query costs even when it stuck waiting for resources and not running at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can access lot of tools for data processing such as Presto, Hive, RDBMS, etc. using the same API and GUI. Also Qubole supports AirFlow clusters.

Running Data Warehouse using different tools using the same GUI and API. Easy development because of reach unified API.

What Big Data Processing and Distribution solution do you use?

Qubole review by Matt E.
Matt E.

"A solid managed platform for Spark"

What do you like best?

Qubole simplifies the operational side of running Spark clusters and jobs, both scheduled and ad-hoc. It allows researchers and data engineers to focus on business logic instead of platform maintenance and tuning.

What do you dislike?

Once you have a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail. Sometimes the overhead of running a Spark job dominates the actual data processing work to be done. See the blog post "Don't use Hadoop when your data isn't that big" and think about whether you might achieve faster turnaround without reaching for Spark. Initial exploratory work, especially, can go faster if you just run everything from a fast laptop without any distributed processing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid choice if you want some of the most popular Big Data tools and don't want to spend time maintaining them yourself.

We're performing content and user classification, content NLP, and user activity analytics with Qubole. We've been able to standardize around Spark and Qubole for batch jobs so that there's a common reference framework used by everyone on the team. We also don't need to devote time to maintaining the cluster and can focus on business logic.

Qubole review by Endy L.
Endy L.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, use, and maintain. End to end Big Data (Lake) Complete Platform within less than an hour setup. A no brainer for any company who want to have a platform for experience users to use, or even for new beginner user to start learning and advancing their knowledge. Proven on my previous company, within 6 months, have more than 10 Data Engineers with great technical expertise with Spark, Hadoop/Hive, and Airflow.

What do you dislike?

Initially, the inconsistency on product releases, that can cause unexpected errors because of bugs. But over the time has improved significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No Brainer for companies who are looking for cloud native Big Data Platform. Simple to setup, great framework and environment for new user to learn Hadoop, spark, airflow, and big data in general (including Python, Data Science stuff, ML). Cost optimization, fantastic auto scaling capabilities, and fantastic Presto performance for Analytics.

Data Lake, Data Accessibility, Dat Automation, Data Science Workload with Spark and Python/R with Zeppelin, AutoScaling capability for Hadoop and Spark Workload, Data Preparation and Integration.

Qubole review by Ahmad Z.
Ahmad Z.

"Convenient but quirky "

What do you like best?

I do not have to worry about any installation or set up process. I just select the config I need and I can start working on spark or presto. There are some configurations that must be done (connection to S3, keys, iAM roles and so on), however, they pale in comparison to running an installation from scratch.

Scaling out or scaling up is also made simple by just choosing a few things from the cluster config options.

Built in solutions like Scheduler help with scheduling and automating a few jobs, and when things get too large, you can use airflow on Qubole.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are things that work on Zeppelin or the underlying technology in general, but due to some issues with Qubole value added product, these things fail (example is connection between spark & redshift). When these things are highlighted to the support team, they get addressed, but the resolution time varies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very convenient, but it has some issues. The support team is quite active and they address measure problems immediately (if problems were not fixed, the root cause analysis is provided along with a fix estimation)

Running queries on hive data meta stores with data stored in S3 using Presto

Running data aggregation jobs on data stored in S3 using spark

Running queries that join S3 data with redshift data on presto

Adhoc queries using Spark that search through S3 files to answer business questions

Qubole review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool to query big data in S3"

What do you like best?

- Simplicity of queries,

- Similarity to SQL makes learning curve faster.

- Ability to download results in csv format.

- Qubole keeps history of ran queried for long period of time which helped me a lot in finding previous queries and saved time for writing new queries.

What do you dislike?

- Slower when comparing to competitor like Athena.

- If the result set is higher then results are stored in S3 with partitioned files. This makes difficult to combine all result and view it together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- I can advocate to use qubole for other companies who are looking to query data in S3, Azure or other cloud storage technologies in efficient and timely manner.

- We are medium scale company dealing petabytes of data and We really need to query this data for reporting, analytics and for machine learning purposes.

- As we are working in AWS technology we store all the data in S3, we wanted a tool which can query data present in S3.

- Qubole lets us solve this problem exactly by storing data in S3 in partitioned format and then query it efficiently.

- Qubole makes it easy to analyze the big data using simple sql like queries.

- Qubole also gives an option of selecting clusters according to price and time need. which provides options considering needs.

- Qubole is also cost efficient in terms of running bid queries and cost associated with it. By allowing to store data in partitioned format saved us a lot of time and money.

Qubole review by User

"Qubole puts our data at the fingertips of all colleagues"

What do you like best?

With Qubole, our non-engineering colleagues are no longer required to talk to engineers in order to get immediate insights out of our data lake. This saves time for both sides, such that everyone can focus on what they do best.

What do you dislike?

I think Qubole's UI could be a little friendlier when it comes to displaying query execution progress. It's easy for me to parse as an engineer, but some non-technical colleagues find it difficult to determine if a query is on track to complete or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have clear guidance regarding creation of tables. It's too easy to end up with a big pile of tables that lack consistent ownership. This leads to confusion on the part of users, as well as operators who cannot tell which tables are safe to delete, or when maintenance can be performed on underlying data. In addition, keeping this information in a centralized location provides more opportunities for tighter access control at the underlying store level.

The most important one is the ability of product managers to quickly gain insights into patterns hidden in the data in order to deliver a more impactful product to our customers. This results in less rework by engineers later on. Everybody wins!

"Easy-to-Use Querying Software"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the Analyze interface as well as the built-in scheduling capabilities. The functionality to search through old queries, both saved and unsaved, is powerful and intuitive. Additionally, I like the ability to easily manage multiple clusters for managing workloads of varying size. Moreover, the available cluster UI makes it simpler to investigate failed queries.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to set default values for schema so that I don't need to specify schema every time if I am predominantly referencing just one schema. I also find the log process updates annoying. While it is helpful to see specific log details, I get annoyed scrolling through a list of % completes. I feel that a status bar would better use the screen real estate and make it a bit simpler to read through the logs.

We are trying to make large, log-level data sources available to cross-functional teams to run both automated and ad hoc analytics to meet their varied needs.

Qubole review by User in Computer Software

"Quick to start with bigdata using Qubole"

What do you like best?

Autoscaling and way Qubole uses AWS spot instances minimizes compute cost for customers. Our team has experienced close to 30% reduction in cost compared to previous cluster without Qubole.

Amount of time it tales to on board new process onto Qubole is very less, and we can have many clusters each designed for its own purpose.

Qubole also supports notebooks backed by spark clusters, which is very handy for quickly iterating on ideas for developers.

Qubole support is really good, they respond to tickets in timely manner and we always have someone helping us out via slack/emails on time critical projects..

What do you dislike?

Qubole sometimes has lot of bugs and lot of their features are not well documented. You have to engage support to get those things figured out.

Personally Im not very much impressed with UI and interface of qubole query editor, most of times it doesn't show results in well formatted manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will save money if you are currently using public cloud like AWS.

Ablility to query big data sets for adhoc analysis, generate reports, data processing to generated ML models. We use presto clusters for near realtime queries which mostly support our backend, performance of these clusters is really amazing.

Qubole review by Administrator

"2 years back it was serving our needs ..now the platform has to catchup for productivity."

What do you like best?

the Support system

Spark ,Airflow deployments

Team that works with us on cutomer support

What do you dislike?

Lack of innovation on ML AI

Lack of serverless deployments

The technology is 2 years outdated and not growing

Need solution experts to help partner soultions in qubole systems

Recommendations to others considering the product

please improve ml and ai offering

Dont just say spark can do it..

have more blogs

technical sessions on how to do it.

learn from products like sagemaker ,cloudml and others on how to solve ml ai piece for organization

build automatic suites for anomaly detection unsupervised learning etc.

share code and engineering experitse through blog and explain how to leverage the qubole product.

Make serverless implementation like presto glue .

build deeplearning applications for clients and share the experience with others functionally and technically

have redis for storing hot data

Scheduling.

Big data workloads with spark.

Used presto for some time but now there are seveless options from Amzon which has replaced all of our spark workloads

Qubole review by Stanislav M.
Stanislav M.

"I like qubole as this is easy to run queries, but it is a bit complex to use and find best use cases"

What do you like best?

I really like that tables are easily achievable and i can fast switch between different tables and see the content. Also I can see what should be queried mandatory.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can open a table content only once being on the same page. Sometimes I can close the table content, but then I need to open it again, and I can't do that before refreshing the whole page

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would be amazing to have this product more easy to use and improve the errors description.

We are using cubole to have an access to huge set of data we are operating and can't put everything in our UI.

Qubole review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Qubole makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I like the features within the Qubole program such as templates and the sheduler. I use the templates regularly which makes it very easy to use when i need to regulalry run specific queries.

What do you dislike?

I dont know if this could be a bit optimistic or whether it is possible - but maybe there could be more help with troubleshooting queries. Also, query run times can vary.

Working in analysis, Qubole has enabled me to be able to analyse our clients website more granularly. For example we have been able to segment out their website using qubole queries to create our custom pixels and analyse specificly on these segments. This can provide more in depth analysis which the client is always looking for.

Qubole review by Russell L.
Russell L.

"Managing your cluster problems"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can spin up different clusters for different purposes and all are managed through qubole. We don't have to deal with the headache of keeping our cluster up and running.

What do you dislike?

I don't like certain features of the python SDK and the notebooks are not as reliable as hoped.

ETL, ML, and visualizations.

I have learned that there are many use cases that can be solved with many of the scheduler tools and s3 locations alone.

Qubole review by User

"Good but can get way better and smooth"

What do you like best?

The interface is amazing. With respect to queries and all in handling data, it looks really easy. but at the same time, there is no visualization tool which can help us make dashboards for the queries. The tool looks complete since we can schedule queries as well as also work on large queries smoothly. The scheduler and crones are the best things I and my team uses the most.

What do you dislike?

There is no info available with respect to the limit available on the system for a particular queries. A lot of time it takes hours to run a query and it fails in the end due to limit on the amount of resources. There is no visualization for the data. Data is visible only in tabular format but no dashboard is available to track data from queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the easiest places for analysts people to run queries, and manage it. Despite not having enough knowledge about scheduler and crones and their background working, We are able to run large scale queries in order to make the best possible insights.

One thing that bothers us is after fetching data from Qubole, we have to upload it to some dashboard management tools.

Out of 10, would grade it 9 with respect to ease of use.

Can improve on dashboard fact I believe

Analyzing large scale data and making meaningful insights out of it. We run, schedule and manage queries over it and use it to run about 100s of queries per day

Qubole review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Strong product with good, but not quite great shortcuts and time-saving features"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use of the platform. Several SQL languages are available within the platform, but I typically find the Presto SQL is sufficient to meet most of my needs and is easy to use for anyone with any prior SQL knowledge.

What do you dislike?

There are some shortcuts that other database management software companies offer that are not available in Qubole. For instance, you cannot set a default schema, so the schema must be explicitly called for every table in a query. Additionally, when using the 'Explore' tab to manually review data in a table, you cannot set-limits for the number of rows you'd like to see. Simple dimensional tables that have over ~50 rows won't display entirely due to the software's default setting of returning only 50 rows or so.

We are using Qubole to manage data from various external sources in a data lake. My role then frequently queries the data lake to develop standard reporting and analytics for internal teams.

Qubole review by User

"Decent but a lot of hassle to work with"

What do you like best?

It's much more complete when compared to other products but at the same time also managing and handling queries or jobs are at times failed because of bugs from qubole's end which are managed very late or are time consuming

What do you dislike?

Need to talk to the executive a lot of times while handling issues. Many times the answer is this will be fixed in next release but that is way far in future

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of times the customer would need to have a feature or things being fixed as soon as possible. It can't wait for the next release to come up, mostly when its in the production environment. It'll be great in terms of handling if the requests are made quickly without hassle

Hadoop cluster runs over qubole'. Easy to manage resources, just need to add or subtract the count. There is no option to remove a specific nodes but still it's very easy to manage and complete as it contains scheduler, Crons etc.

Qubole review by Tanmay S.
Tanmay S.

"Powerful and Full of Features"

What do you like best?

The history of commands that you have run is available for you to go back to. The matters a lot when you are trying test and build something quickly

What do you dislike?

The pricing is high. To cut down on pricing you have to buy less powerful nodes for distributed computing which sometimes leads to memory issues when working on large data sets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use for brute force computing. No BI options

I wanted a platform which gives me the benefit of distributed computing on demand without myself setting up the environment. Qubole does a really good job in this regard

Qubole review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"In short time using it, it has became one of my favorite Data Analysis tools"

What do you like best?

Its easy integration with other different Data Preparation tools. Ease of use and the vast existing documentation.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found something I dislike. I think the queries are taking a lot of time, but this might be caused by the resources we have that stores Qubole.

We store our Data Lake in Qubole. The idea is that we start using the Machine Learning capabilities to gather insights from our data.

Qubole review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Very useful tool for querying large relational databases. "

What do you like best?

The UI is easy to use and provides a one stop shop for any possible data browsing and querying. The face the software is not tied to any cloud vendor is also a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

An open selection of all cloud provider instance types with no explanation as to their ideal use cases causes too much confusion for new users setting up a new cluster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GIve it time to get used to the product and you'll end up loving its user friendly and intuitive UI.

Querying big data databases of impression logs, conversion logs, click logs.. understanding patterns and trends, investigating possible ad fraud scenarios.

Qubole review by User

"Qubole great for s3 querying, data movement, spark code development, data manipulation job execution"

What do you like best?

Notebook is great for manipulating s3 data in all kinds of ways. I develop spark scala code, test it, then create scheduler job to run it. I can query files for specific rows, or counts of specific data in parquet or avro.

What do you dislike?

Notebooks are not hooked up to git because the security setup is not simple and our company has not set it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide continuous training of new users, they're always coming on board, but need qubole education.

Data pipeline code development. Fast turnaround with spark scala repl acting on s3 data.

Qubole review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"Qubole and Big Data"

What do you like best?

The ability ti switch languages to access the data!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it bounces the cursor up to the top of the notebook. Also not having seeing line numbers as default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Able to set defaults and fix the bug where the cursor shoots to the top of the notebook

Writing ETL scripts for enterprise level data sets.

Qubole review by User

"Big Data Processing Platform With Easy On-boarding For Engineers & Data Scientists"

What do you like best?

Qubole has a very intuitive user interface for data scientist to run queries as well as spark jobs. It also provides in-built Notebooks that help data scientists to experiment and obtain results at a fast pace without worrying about the infrastructure setup.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes opening the spark UI of a running spark application takes longer than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the pricing of the EC2 instances that are used in the cluster. The prices are a bit more than the prices offered by AWS itself.

Another thing to consider would be that not all EC2 types are supported by Qubole.

We use Qubole to extract, transform & load all the data related to customer bookings (which includes PII & PCI data) and also data related to chargebacks received from the banks.

Qubole review by Aileen R.
Aileen R.

"Engineer who uses qubole to host data processing jobs"

What do you like best?

love the notebook functionality that allows me to test my code or run queries.

What do you dislike?

I can be a little confusing to navigate.

Big data querying, analysis, and aggregating. It has helped me run some large scale analyses on the product I work on, helping point out inefficiencies or weak areas.

Qubole review by Akash  G.
Akash G.

"Spark job logs readability is issue and time consuming"

What do you like best?

All components of development environment are integrated together which provide good development experience.

What do you dislike?

While running jobs we can monitor logs with some dashboard having filters for exception, error name, exception type. Similar to the way we monitor splunk logs.

Currently we have to go to the pain of going to driver executor once the job is completed and then figure out our issues in code.

For jobs which run longer monitoring jobs is issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommended

Developing data analytics platform pipeline. Handling TB's of data each day.

Qubole review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

" self-service qubole"

What do you like best?

self-service, automatic learning and analysis is what this company allows you, it gives you the option of being able to base a data i

What do you dislike?

his automatic learning has a flaw in the sense that gives error after a series of basic commands and starts to give errors everything started

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work in simple and orderly language so you do not have loss of data or base

We are verifying a data base and with qubole to place an automatic data annex system

Qubole review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"All my spark in one platform!"

What do you like best?

I like I have a lot of options to do with my data. I can create Hive tables, run automated jobs with apis and set up my own notebooks.

What do you dislike?

UI could be a little better. I find some configuration params a little difficult to locate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best affordable big data platform!

Handling data with Spark at one place and that's amazing. We collaborate a lot and if I have to share some results or debug a job, it's super easy.

Qubole review by Yaroslav T.
Yaroslav T.

"Very easy to use data platform"

What do you like best?

With Qubole I really like the simplicity of UI as well as a very powerful backend - I can select a variety of execution engines like Hive, Presto, Spark, etc. and get going in seconds.

What do you dislike?

I think Notebooks can be improved. Stream processing capabilities are also missing right now.

Data engineering / platform / ETL. Qubole provides solid foundation as well as allows other teams and departments to access the data through the unified UI.

Qubole review by Hicham E.
Hicham E.

"Simple and reliable"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the tool, as querying user

The possibility of consuming the results programmatically

What do you dislike?

The main pain point I have with Qubole, is its performance, it has a tendency of running slower when executing queries, compared with AWS Athena (both using Presto SQL), Athena is much faster

The other concern is cost.

Being able to aggregate multiple datasets and make sense of them, in order to make guided business decisions

Qubole review by Lakshmi M.
Lakshmi M.

"Extremely developer friendly"

What do you like best?

Its develoepr friendly. iTS easy to write and test code in the notebook.

What do you dislike?

qubole slowness sometimes causes application to break. we get pagerduties and need to restart baston node.

writing big data applications

Qubole review by User

"Great Product for data analytics"

What do you like best?

- Easy to use, expressive syntax.

- Is scalable to bid data.

- Has a rest api to start jobs and read results.

What do you dislike?

- I wish there was a way to generate graphs and plot data, to see trends

- No good realtime capability

- Sometimes it not easy to figure out how to tune a job and speedup the query.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product.

- Data Analytics

- Error Monitoring

"Clunky UX"

What do you like best?

I like saved queries & history feature. I very often need to reference results elsewhere

What do you dislike?

sorting output only sorts on first 100 rows, not on all of the data. downloading data is buried in a dropdown, its not terribly clear when you are editing an existing query vs creating a new one.

analyzing volume, quality of data on my website. i have increased the quality and quantity as a result.

Qubole review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising

"Great IDE for SQL Queries"

What do you like best?

The ability to write code from scratch but still have access to analytics tools and recommendations

What do you dislike?

If you would like to run multiple reports of the same kind, the table name defaults and we lose alot of time going back into the script to change table names.

Merge our data between the many platforms we operate across. The DMC allows us space for these to meet in the middle

Qubole review by User

"Big Data Access for Analysts"

What do you like best?

Qubole is a robust tool that makes it easy to query data and create robust data pipelines.

What do you dislike?

Log data isn't always readable within the UI. The web browser crashes sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to support often. The team is responsive and hands on!

We are a team with mixed technical experience. We use Qubole to query data across various clusters. Qubole is user friendly and allows the analysts to run queries in languages like Hive and track progress and failures which may be reported to engineering teams.

Qubole review by User

"Very useful tool on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

The fact that it can autoscale based on needs is very important when it comes to running extermely large data processing and also reducing cost when not needed. Most of the latest big data tools are available in one place to pick and choose from.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have some scheduling mechanism to run automated jobs

Easy to interact through qubole client and get results as needed

Qubole review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Qubole"

What do you like best?

The speed of data generation, multiple coding languages support and flexibility for scalability.

What do you dislike?

Limited integrations without engineering resources. It isn't the best tool to use as "self-service" for non-technical teams. It has its challenges

Providing core business and product data to marketing teams.

We enabled a self-service data "app" by just adding the Qubole layer rather than build the whole thing ourselves, as a MVP/interim.

"Good but not great"

What do you like best?

Tracking of jobs, history, etc. selection of clusters, env.

What do you dislike?

the user interface has many issues... like how about being able to highlight, copy and paste text from the navigator on the left. table lists, s3 lists sometimes stop expanding and have to reload. Attempting to rename a task is unpredictable, sometimes it works, mostly it does not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qubole is excellent for simplified access to various data sources. There's really no other option out there that I would recommend. Notebooks is a must-have for the speed of execution if you can wait a few minutes, stick with Analyze.

data analysis and transformation

Qubole review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Daily Qubole User"

What do you like best?

Qubole is a simple entry into big data analytics.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the speed of updates to Airflow clusters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What about Serverless? Qubole currently requires someone to manage/configure the different cluster. I seems that most cloud service providers are moving to serverless approach (e.g. BigQuery, AWS GLUE)

Qubole offers cost saving for Spark clusters with auto scaling (up/down)

Qubole review by User

"Very Buggy, Bad Interface - Do Not Use"

What do you like best?

I like that Qubole supports many query engines and has a rich array of features.

What do you dislike?

Qubole has a very glitchy, poppy interface and presents many unclear error signals and warnings.

We use Qubole for analysis, exploration, and mostly to work out queries we want to run as part of a production workflow later.

Qubole review by User

"Great tool for managing huge datasets"

What do you like best?

It's easy to connect to existing data sources. Queries are easily structured, fast, and the platform provides flexibility to manage complex data needs.

What do you dislike?

Some learning curve for more junior employees. Table previews don't always load properly in some browsers.

Managing consumer data and marketing performance. Faster answers to business questions.

Qubole review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Spark CLuster"

What do you like best?

The scheduler and the cluster up speed...Its amazing how we can change the settings so easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interpreter stops working. The interpreter has to be closed and restarted at times.

usually regarding metrics or automation or something related to business which makes a huge impact.

Qubole review by Administrator

"Good"

What do you like best?

Maintenance support is good. Good support with new features

What do you dislike?

They delay their releases a lot. Although temporary fixes are given, they have to improve their release speed

Qubole review by Sadik S.
Sadik S.

"Best tool for building big data pipelines and analyst life becomes so easy with this product"

What do you like best?

Their UI so intuitive. Whenever you face any issue with the product their support will for sure resolve it in no time

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about their product. Sometimes zepplin hangs in between probably that can be fixed

Building pipelines

Analysis

ETL

Qubole review by sridharan s.
sridharan s.

"Qubole "

What do you like best?

Qubole is very useful to query the hive table and create a set of queries in one place to run

What do you dislike?

Qubole is very slow, but the new version pretty much improved

We are using this tool to explore the data from S3 bucket

Qubole review by Akshay J.
Akshay J.

"Great data query tool"

What do you like best?

It is a good tool to query data from s3.

What do you dislike?

its little slower as compared to athena.

We query petabytes of data from S3. The queries are complex and fetch heavy data from s3 buckets. qubole provides a good tool to achieve this.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

I like that qubole is very easy to use however it does not take away from the large jobs and many things that it can perform.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a way to connect it to power bi

Troubleshooting and analyzing data.

Qubole review by User in Internet

"Slow and confusing"

What do you like best?

Allows you to access huge data sets and store re-usable queries

What do you dislike?

The speed of qubole leaves a lot to be desired. Error messages are cryptic and require lots of googling to figure out

General analysis of large data sets across multiple distributed DBS

Qubole review by Consultant

"Turns Querying into a fun "

What do you like best?

The ability to save queries, save them in clusters and rerun .

Also it makes it easy to run it via the python api based on the query id and easier to share it with colleagues

What do you dislike?

It needs a better User Interface. The current one suits may be data professionals but isnt analyst friendly.

Make it like alation

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good tool for running your big-data queries

Running queries to analyze data

Saving reusable queries and output the data into clusters

Qubole review by Sridharan S.
Sridharan S.

"Hive QL"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and easy to write a collection of HQL in Notepad

What do you dislike?

Performance of the Query is very slow.I think, New version of Qubole have lots of improvment

Spark and Querying data from Hive table

"Using qubole"

What do you like best?

I use qubole to do queries for database information to verify product or customer action information. It’s certainly useful.

What do you dislike?

The interface is slow, and can lag often.

Getting real time database information to inform product decisions.

Qubole review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A multicloud abstraction layer"

What do you like best?

Qubole is a multicloud abstraction layer which decouples your big data setup with underlying cloud provider.

Faces stiff competition with AWS where there feature advantages have eroded in last few years but still a good choice from the perspective of their user experience and level of support.

What do you dislike?

Specifically compared to AWS, its feature edge has eroded over time as aws's big data stack has evolved.0

BI data platform - good consistent user experience.l

Learn more about Qubole

Qubole Videos

Learning about Qubole?

* We monitor all Qubole reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0