3.4

Netvault is a scalable backup and recovery solution that allows enterprises with diverse IT environments to protect their data across virtual and physical environments as well as multiple platforms.

Work for NetVault?

Learning about NetVault?

Categories

Compare NetVault to Similar Solutions

NetVault Reviews

Ask NetVault a Question
Showing 13 NetVault reviews
NetVault review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"Quest Netvault for Backups"

What do you like best?

I liked that there was a central web console to administer the entire environment. Support seemed knowledgeable enough to be able to give satisfactory answers for all of my questions. Backing up to tape seemed pretty straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Netvault seems to be very old school in their methods of backups. We are recently switching to a new product and are currently running this product and the new one side-by-side and there is no comparison to the features available in the other product as well as the support staff going above and beyond with this new product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See what else is out there as well. I was able to get get everything I wanted in another competitor which was also cheaper in the end. I couldn't believe all of the features available to me in other products compared to that of the netvault environment. Although the product did works as it was intended, which was purely used to backup our physical servers and storage environment to tape, we were not able to utilize it to backup our virtual server environment which obviously is where most everything is at this point.

We were able to backup our entire physical/storage environment all to one device. We didn't necessarily utilize the smart disk feature as much but we primarily used netvault to get our backups to tape. This seemed to work as described although at a much slower rate than the competitor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetVault
NetVault review by Jane A.
Jane A.

"Review for NetVault"

What do you like best?

NetVault has simple implementation, easy roll out and using in daily operation. Bugs reports was follow up from customer service and update in new release. The product does the job well. I am able to backup and restore data. I haven't had any issues restoring data that I've backed up using this product. I find the licensing limiting and I don't like the webUI as much as I liked the old windows client.

What do you dislike?

NetVault has a limit with VCB (VMware) plugin, still has issue with CBT incremental restore to disk. Most issues are related to client connectivity or to our aging hp tape library. The built in database is sensitive to disk latency and we found out the hard way not to put this database on storage that experiences occasional latency spikes. We had to migrate the NetVault database to local internal server storage to keep NetVault from crashing during times of congested activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are planning to encrypt your backups then using NetVault is a great option for you. Definitely try this out.

Look into a disk based backup solution. NetVault helps us with disk based solution that you can integrate and use the rapid recovery feature that helps in data protection.

What Backup solution do you use?

NetVault review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Backup that just gets the job done."

What do you like best?

Their support has been helpful when I need to call in. The product works. So far I haven't had any issues restoring data so long as I got it properly backed up.

What do you dislike?

It uses old backup metholodogies ie: periodic full backups followed by periodic incrementals instead of a newer type of backup methodology like a first time full ingest of data followed by forever incrementals with occaisional rollups. I don't like that dedupe is a seperate purchase through a seperate disk based dedupe device. I also don't like how the sorting works in the web UI. For example: In job activity when trying to sort jobs by ascending or descending it doesn't sort properly. Also, when listing tape drive slots sometimes it resets the view in the middle of working with tapes.

DR4100 Backup array performed well with very low management overhead. NetVault took the time to get going and required several support calls due to the multiple source systems. vRanger is simple to configure and requires very little management

NetVault review by Ayush V.
Ayush V.

"Amazing Software to backup and Restore on the Go !"

What do you like best?

1.Beautiful WEB UI. Liked it so much.

2.Smooth Usage and easy to go Backup process. This is helpful as it don't need any previous experience and very easy Interface to deal with !

What do you dislike?

Not as such to dislike . Product is good and very reliable. It do what it says.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Guided Restoration and Backup. Might be difficult to use at first go.

Easy Backup and Restoration of Data on the Go. Amazing technology that helps us to securely backup data . Safety was out first concern.

NetVault review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"NetVault sounds great, but leaves much to be desired"

What do you like best?

The pricing from Dell was better than other solutions.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not intuitive. It supports pre and post command line strings but none work. Dell sells the product along with their Removable Drive (RD) solutions, but it has no built in support for such media types. The web interface is very slow and clunky. Operations take a great deal of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do a trial before purchasing.

We used it as a supposed better replacement for Symantec Backup Exec. It was not. It works as a very basic backup tool only.

NetVault review by AJ R.
AJ R.

"Best option for confidential data"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and piece of mind with backup

What do you dislike?

Have experienced some odd error messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smart choice, customet support was excellent

Secure patient data with little risk of breach, customer satisfaction with security measures, ease of backup

NetVault review by Arvind K.
Arvind K.

"Netvault User"

What do you like best?

The Automatic backup system through the Locally attached storage device to the Netvault backup server.

I like most because of its interacting features like the NetVault WebUI, NetVault clients and backup storage.

The NetVault also provides an interacting WebUI that enables administrators to even monitor the data flow from the source servers to the target storage device. So that it makes our work easier in monitoring the failed jobs if any.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any negative points for the netvaults. Only suggestion I would have is, regarding increasing the speed of copy and implementing some more interactive UI in the administrative Web UI.

NetVault helps me take backup of my Database servers, File servers, Email servers and Virtual servers completely. So that I need not take separate tape backups.

NetVault review by Bret M.
Bret M.

"Outdated Technology, but works great!"

What do you like best?

Tape backups have become a thing of the past, but NetVault does the job. If you are in a position where tape backups are still something being utilized in house, there isn't an easier or better program to configure and use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, as it works as designed, rarely fails and has excellent support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare with others, obviously, but if you are using tape backups, NetVault is the software to go with.

Rarely do we have an issue with a failed backup, everything runs smoothly and we do not have to manually backup due to a failure. It is a real time saver.

NetVault review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"If you value your data then you should consider Netvault"

What do you like best?

Reliable backup solution which just works. Takes a little time to initially get up and running but provided you plan it correctly, it will pay you back many times over as its an excellent solution.

What do you dislike?

Support can be slow to respond to tickets

Backup of critical data ranging from Financial records to CRM to infrastructure systems and logs

NetVault review by User

"Not that user friendly"

What do you like best?

Been working great since I don't have to touch it much.

What do you dislike?

Not that easy to setup jobs. Also, when my VTL loses connection, it will not try to re-establish automatically.

Backing up old unix machines. My other backup software will not back them up.

NetVault review by Rafael C.
Rafael C.

"Reliable system"

What do you like best?

the flexibility of working various database , we use postgres and oracle.

What do you dislike?

price and that there is no web interface.

There is no warning when the license expires which can cause issues.

NetVault review by Mukul S.
Mukul S.

"Easy and light GUI"

What do you like best?

Netvault is very light Linux based backup software and is very easy to manage

What do you dislike?

no central management console, no scripting support like powershell

Recommendations to others considering the product

recommended for small VTL based backup infrastructure

managing enterprise backup on VTL/NAS/TL

Beneficial in terms of cost and management.

NetVault review by User in Computer Software

"my experience with this backup process is very good."

What do you like best?

it is cloud based so it's very helpful to maintain the database backup

What do you dislike?

it is very costly while you have the limit is exceeded so you have to buy the paid version

with this, we increase our business productivity and customers relation

Learning about NetVault?

* We monitor all NetVault reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories