Quick Base

QuickBase is a true low-code platform for building, customizing and connecting highly scalable, secure cloud applications without compromising IT governance and controls.

Work for Quick Base?

Learning about Quick Base?

Quick Base Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 154 Quick Base reviews
Quick Base review by Stephen E. A.
Stephen E. A.

"Awesome program that can be used for just about any business service."

What do you like best?

I love that Quick Base is fully customizable for any business application that I need it for. I was introduced to the program but a colleague in a different department to use to replace our database of Alumni in Microsoft Access. Once I saw everything it could after attending Empower 2018, I was hooked and began brainstorming about other business projects that it can help with. I wear many hats in my department and I have been able to streamline my many different responsibilities and make my job a lot less stressful and less paperwork. I was that I had heard about Quick Base sooner.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if there is a way to do it now (I've only been working with Quick Base for 2 months) or if they are working on them now but I would like to see a way to track via Geo Location on a mobile device so that we can track Alumni involvement at our events nationwide.

Quick Base streamlines so much. I have solved reporting for Research poster requests, Image Releases for photography and videography, recruitment information requests and I am still working on many others.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quick Base
Quick Base review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Quick Base will revolutionize your business processes!!"

What do you like best?

Quick Base is fully customizable for each individual user. This has allowed our team to create useful, dynamic tools that suit the needs of our end users. I love that I can create solutions for our business without knowing how to code, and the customer service is outstanding!

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting was more powerful (and this is something that Quick Base is working on). The ability to add trend lines and weighted averages to reports would be very helpful to our end users. Currently, we still have to report on this in Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Excel or paper processes anywhere in your business, I urge you to reach out to a Quick Base customer representative today!

We have been able to standardize and streamline our Quality Control process in our Engineering department by building an app to track this information and report on it. Previously, the different groups/project managers were all tracking QC differently (using spreadsheets, paper processes, or not tracking it formally at all. Now the management teams can monitor project health by being able to identify problem areas and provide additional training for our production teams.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

Quick Base review by Kelly H.
Kelly H.

"Change the way you think about data management"

What do you like best?

Quick Base's new motto is "Do What Matters." That is exactly what they've done for us - they've allowed us to implement smart business solutions so that we can spend more time focused on growing our business and delighting our customers.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more robust reporting capabilities, which is on Quick Base's roadmap. My users are interested in adding trendlines and being able to easily calculate weighted averages.

We solve problems across the company, using Quick Base in multiple ways. We manage project milestones and workflow, manage travel information, send out user evaluations to get feedback on how to make Quick Base better for our users, provide data to our managers for at-a-glance project health, and many other use cases. Quick Base has given us an unprecedented amount of visibility into our data that we could have never imagined.

Quick Base review by Roger L.
Roger L.

"Quick Base has revolutionized our data storage, replacing a lot of scattered spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Quick Base allows us to develop our system databases over time, making changes and improvements as users communicate their experiences and needs. Quick Base continues to provide improvements and enhancements that make the developing of the apps easier and resulting in a better experience for the end users.

What do you dislike?

Not having enough control over the screen forms and the complexity of the form design, all the fields are listed vertically in the design side even though the fields are arranged in rows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great citizen development software. It does require time and effort to design what you want to get out of the program but if you invest the time to understand your processes and how to design the features within Quick Base, the software will provide the results you are expecting.

We are solving a few problems. First of all, we are using Quick Base to track all our project management and customer data related to our solar installations. Instead of having various spreadsheet spread through out the company, some of which were different for each branch even though the data within each spreadsheet were essentially the same. We are also using to track our IT assets, our vehicles with driver assignments and maintenance. We also use it as a knowledge-base of municipality info.

Quick Base review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Terrible customer experience, worth it if you never need to contact Intuit"

What do you like best?

The reporting was very well built in Quickbase and easy to use. The system is built pretty intuitively and makes creating an app pretty easy for a novice to jump in and build something quick for your company.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is terrible. Twice I've requested communication and didn't receive anything back for 30-60 days later. The rep replied back "did you still need help with this?" - it's a joke of customer service. Their licensing model is terrible as well. Doesn't take into account if you have a business where you onboard 50+ reps.

The customer service is so atrocious I can't believe this company can still have the rating it has currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require 0 support, this service can work for you. If you require any interaction with their customer support - good luck.

We are building a CRM that manages both the sales cycle and the install cycle for customers. We also want it to work with some customer facing side of things. Has notifications that send to customers based on a certain criteria set in the database.

Quick Base review by Wojtek K.
Wojtek K.

"We use QB for all our internal office project management."

What do you like best?

For me I like QuickBase because it is a full project management software. It has all your invoicing buttons such as PO's, Payables, Invoice status etc... We also use it as our internal ticketing system to know which stores we are visiting for repairs.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much I dislike at all. Everything is very customizable so anytime there was a feature I could have used QuickBase usually had it available in code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! If you're using many other platforms or software for different aspects of your business I would recommend trying out QuickBase. It's very nice to have everything consolidated into 1 app. Very customizable so you can get the look and feel that you desire.

It's beneficial because it's a one stop solution for us. Customers send us a ticket, we create it in the system, we track it in the system, we can assign reps to it, we can close it out, create the invoice and anything else all with this one program.

Quick Base review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"The best low-code solution I have tried, but lacks an international language protocol"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is an easily learning and trustworthy low-code platform for development of applications. Quickbase provides learning material and has a wide base of users that publish solutions for daily problems in blogs and in youtube. They have also a prompt support.

What do you dislike?

Lacks of an international language protocol, therefore, all the data using portuguese, french and spanish caracters like: ç, è, é, ã etc will be messed when you try to sync data between tables and gmail. The lack of an affordable customer portal is something that really bother us: if your company would like to provide access to your customers/clients in a controled area (with login and password) Quickbase will charge you 15 ou 25 dolars for every user (even if they are only view users).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like many others plataforms you can try before buying. If you are looking for a Low-code development, you have to consider Quickbase. Brazilians, portuguese, spanish and french fellows: you will face problems with non-english caracters (like ç, é, ã etc.).

I have been using Quickbase for more than six months and have developed it so far: a contact database for our company, a CRM for our sales team and an application for control and verification of electric bills, which also provides efficiency indicators. We also create processes (BPM) to make our applications work together and synchronized.

Quick Base review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"Excellent no-code platform"

What do you like best?

I love that with no IT or coding experience I am able to think up a solution and make it a reality using Quick Base

What do you dislike?

The only downsides of Quick Base are minor integration issues with some of our other programs. Much of this is on our side of the fence, not Quick Base's

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend setting aside some time, dollars, and manpower to map out your processes and run Quick Base as a trial. For limited upfront commitment you should be able to get a good grasp on how well it will work. Once you have the data/information in Quick Base it is outstanding how many connections you will be able to find to either automate additional steps or report out/up data that wasn't available or wasn't available as easily before.

There are a lot. Nearly all of our processes are mostly or entirely dependent on Quick Base now. Quick Base has replaced dozens of excel documents for tracking.

Quick Base review by User

"Works Well To Keep Projects On Track"

What do you like best?

QuickBase is fairly simple to use once you understand how it is set up. It makes it really easy to see the progress of a project and you know exactly where a project is at down the line of programming, design, testing and pushing changes live. It is also simple to see who is working on what and when so when there are questions, they can be easily addressed.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most user friendly to figure out how to work it. You really need a tutorial to understand everything that it does. That being said, it does it well. It also drives me nuts that a group members name is shown first name first in some areas, but last name first in others. Some consistency in that would help with my OCD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely good at keeping an organized and detailed running tally of all projects in the works.

We are able to manage dozens of projects at a time. We are able to pick up projects as they become available and complete them in groups keeping things in order and sticking with given due dates.

Quick Base review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Easy to build apps"

What do you like best?

Quick to make stuff (once you learn how). Easy to customize. Affordable.

What do you dislike?

OMG, where do I start...

#1 most annoying thing: Cannot write data to a reference field. In other words, you can view parent table data in a child table, but you can't edit/write data from the child table view back into the parent. It is SOOOOO annoying to the user experience. Just fix that, and you'll save years and years of wasted clicking by users as they navigate up the table chain to find where the data lives.

#2 most annoying thing. Doesn't have a really responsive search (sometimes if there are too many records, it actually gives you a pop-up window to select the record from). WTF? Seriously? There needs to be some kind of super-fast auto-fill guessing like when one types in the search box of so many other websites.

#3, There's little flexibility with visual look & feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself a month to learn it. Look at other solutions. Once you start building apps, the switching cost is high.

Asset management, process tracking, CRM, data hosting for other web services (using the QB API).

Quick Base review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Quick Base is Fantastic for bringing Digital Transformation to your Business Processes!!"

What do you like best?

Quick Base has outstanding customer service. Whenever I have a question or issue, I hear back from a knowledgeable, professional tech rep quickly. Quick Base is very easy to customize to our business' use cases which means that I can create an app that fulfills exactly what my clients need. Finally, Quick Base is constantly improving the product with new features.

new features

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a small teams pricing plan for 2-5 team members. Also, getting reporting just right and creating complex database relationships are still issues for me. However, Quick Base is already working to resolve these issues. I

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time getting to know ,and play with, the Quick Base product. While its easy to set up an app, enter data, and create simple reports on that data; it can be a little more difficult to modify your basic set up until you've learned how to use the product. Spend time taking courses in Quick base University, it's a wealth of knowledge. Finally, spend time in the Quick Base community. There are lots of very knowledgeable people who are happy answer any questions that you may have while you're learning.

We have effectively used Quick Base for every are of our business; Operations, Marketing, Financial, HR and Asset Management to name a few. Our Quick Base apps answer business questions like how accurate are our project estimates and how much does the estimation process cost us?

Quick Base review by Neil S.
Neil S.

"Fantastic Company and Community to Build a Great App"

What do you like best?

Quick Base is a great tool to build our project management tracking tool and incorporate multiple existing database files and Excel/PDF documents into one, localized place as opposed to spread across multiple drives. They also have a fantastic and responsive customer IT service that will reply in 1 hour or less.

What do you dislike?

Quick Base is lacking in some simplicity found in Excel is Access/Oracle. There are some points of design that need help, but they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. Use the community for help, and ask questions.

We needed a tool to replace a broken project tracking tool built in Excel. Creating a simple app is nice, but the ability to create a top-class app with some simple programming and JavaScript is amazing. The tool also allows our client to see, in real-time, the state of a project. Our client uses Salesforce and that app is useless. They depend on us.

Quick Base review by Aylin N.
Aylin N.

"App Building Platform for Anyone and Everyone! No no need for coding!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can envision what I want my app to look like and then I just drag and drop things into place! It's so easy and saves so much time I used to use on creating powerpoint deck, after deck...

What do you dislike?

I wish we could customize the look and feel more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how relational databases work and the theory behind it before building your apps.

There was a lot of communication issues some of the groups I have helped build apps for were experiencing. We created more efficient processes with cloud-based collaboration solution and all the teams use their apps to get reports in seconds.

Quick Base review by Administrator

"Everything you need in one spot"

What do you like best?

Quickbase lets me customize the entire app to my needs and specifications. Whereas other services similar to Quickbase offer the same idea, they do not let me do what Quickbase does. I feel like this is my page that houses my information. And that makes me feel like a valued customer.

What do you dislike?

The table size limit. I understand that this is a SQL limitation on behalf of Microsoft, but I do have a need for greater than 500 MB per table. Also, when I use Grid Edit, it needs to be able to fire Form rules. This is a must!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a quick platform that centralizes all of your information and is always there. Not only that, Quickbase always has your data safe. It's a company that will keep your data safe and available at all times.

All of my files and information is centralized and we can all be on the same page at the same time. Not only that, we are able to all track the records at the same time. It's made having everyone on track so much easier and better.

Quick Base review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"There are definitely better options out there."

What do you like best?

This is highly customizable if you know how to build widgets from scratch. It is too complicated for the average user to figure out even after extensive research.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slow loading times for page speed. I have tried to find a way to set up a call list for the daily tasks where our sales team can line up customer calls in one window and effectively prioritize and make calls all in one program. Instead, you have to go in and out of each customer profile. It's not ideal for speed and efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for other products. I used to work in CRM sales and there are better options out there like HubSpot or Pulse CRM. You should look for a product that has integrations with your other business technology or look for a system that can do it all.

Gathering customer data all in one program. Customized widgets and some that are pre-built so you do not have to build it yourself.

Quick Base review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Great tool for keeping all project notes in one place "

What do you like best?

I love being able to keep all of my project and campaign notes conveniently in one location, and accessible by other team members. Quickbase has been effective in combining a number of other resources we had to use to track projects - ProWorkFlow, Harvest, etc. - in one easy to use tool. I also appreciate being able to quickly find campaigns and programs based on "budget owner"/user, as well as create personalized reports based on criteria I pick (ex. "my 2018 projects within this market").

What do you dislike?

Some of the query-based filtering for reports takes some time to learn and set up effectively. I also wish there was a way to more easily change details, like budget owners.

-Keeping all information on a program in one central location - allowing multiple users to access the record and add time, details, etc.

-Being able to add time in toward a program specifically, making margins easier to determine for our financial department

-More efficient reporting - Being able to pull high-level reports based on specific criteria

Quick Base review by Patricia D.
Patricia D.

"Solutions Development Sr Analyst"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is the most powerful "easy to use" database I have ever seen. You don't need to know much about databases to build a really great application.

What do you dislike?

They could improve their account management tools. We have a large account and find it somewhat difficult to manage accounts. It is very easy for application owners to add users, but this can also make it difficult for the realm administrator to keep track of both terminating employees and external vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You'll love it!

We have several applications to request products and services. Each of these has a unique approval process, with multiple layers of approval, that Quickbase handles quite well. As our company grows it is easy to add additional levels of approval to the process.

We have recently merged three healthcare systems to become 'Ascension Wisconsin'. Since Quickbase is cloud-based, we don't need to worry as much about incompatible systems, firewall, etc. hindering our efforts to work together. We are able to quickly and easily share information across all locations through project-specific applications.

Quick Base review by Angela S.
Angela S.

"QuickBase Review"

What do you like best?

the interface is intuitive and easy to figure out

What do you dislike?

It is annoying to have to go back to my lead home screen each time and have to search by the date each and every time to pull up the leads I need to follow up with- not the most efficient use of my time

Recommendations to others considering the product

There needs to be a better way to see your leads for the day- as of now I have to go to the home screen, type in the date, then select one...then to go to the next one, I have to start all over, go to the home page, type in the date, etc.... also, it would be nice to see some time of activity reports, daily, weekly, etc...

I am in lead gen and marketing, so its nice to be able to easily export lead info out into a spreadsheet

Quick Base review by Kavitha N.
Kavitha N.

"Simple cloud platform to build apps on "

What do you like best?

Very little training is required for new users to get started with QuickBase. The software is pretty easy to use. QuickBase has an app library which consists of ready-made apps that can be customized according to the user's requirements. They have apps for project management, sales tracking, task tracking and several other business related processes. The QuickBase community is a great place to ask questions and get new ideas for app customization. They also conduct regular webinars where sales engineers pick a problem and show users how to solve it using QuickBase.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't the best. The user dashboard can get a little cluttered at times after displaying the required forms, widgets and graphs. There were times when I had to use a round about way to code mathematical processes because of the constraints in the software's in-built programming. There isn't a lot of technical documentation around for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's best to work with the trial version and see if you're comfortable using it. Look through the QuickBase app library and see if you can find an app whose features resemble your business needs. From my experience, customizing a ready-made app is a lot easier than building one from scratch. It saves you a lot of time and effort.

My supervisor and I worked together to create an app for project management which had to be managed on the basis of three levels i.e. phase tracking, task tracking and sub-task tracking. A second app was created for the HR department to manage employee data. A third app was created for the purpose of project budget estimation and tracking. I also worked on creating another app that focused on tracking revenue data on a quarterly basis for a special project.

Quick Base review by Dave J.
Dave J.

"Building apps for business on your own - yes you can!"

What do you like best?

I've been building and improving the same CRM system for years ... while it is being used ... without a developer, without having a sandbox account, without losing data. Someone (or me) wants something new or changed or updated, I can do it right away, on my own. You can do a lot without coding, and when you do, its pretty straight-forward stuff. Best is the ability to connect Quickbase to other apps in the cloud via APIs (and easily via Zapier), or data-slurping from CSVs ... then you can do Magic. Great flexibility to be the boss of your data, not the other way around.

What do you dislike?

Quickbase apps are hard to share (no github type sharing), the 'app exchange' is a mish mash of stuff to get you started, but you'll quickly be customizing. If you want a canned app, this isn't for you ... the apps you will build can be continually be improved, it can start to be consuming (but everyone will consider you the hero).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose if: 1. Your processes are data centered, but existing apps are limiting. Our product attributes vary so much, a standard product database would never do.

2. You have time to build, expand, and improve as you go along. Basic database needs can be met quickly with QB, but making it a true app takes time

3. You are prepared to be hands-on with the system. This is a feature, not a bug, for running a business app in the cloud in 2017. The good news is that it will make your job easier and less stressful in the long run.

I've built a CRM application that follows the flow of our sales process. I can satisfy salespeople or management quickly with reports, changes, slick improvements. Now I can directly link their efforts with data from our ERP (via CSV sync), rather than forcing them to use it. Way better than going with Salesforce.

Quick Base review by Administrator

"Easy to learn the basics, and there's always more to learn if you want"

What do you like best?

I like that Quickbase is always evolving and adding new and improved features.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better documentation for some features. The trainings are great, but I wish there was an easier way to refer back to something I know I learned in one of the many training videos but need a refresher on -- and I forget which training video it was.

We use Quickbase to pull together information in one place for our employees. We also use it to manage all of our trainings, including assessments, for our employees. We are starting to build some apps that are open to everyone on the internet for feedback purposes, as well as some resource directories. We use Quickbase for many other purposes, but these are a few of the main ones.

Quick Base review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Quickbase is a powerful, user friendly, workflow and process management tool"

What do you like best?

Web based, making it easy to scale and access remotely. App development is intuitive and there are plenty of apps to use as a base for your own.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of third-party Quickbase developers in the UK. This means it can be difficult to develop advanced functionality in the UK. The knowledgeable can be confusing and there is no telephone support for development that I could find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider who will support this product internally and who is capable of planning workflows that can be built in the system. Also consider seeking approval from your organisation to invest in training.

Creative services workflow. We use Quickbase to receive work requests, triage and assign to team members. We use to manage team resource and load balancing. We also use the platform for reporting and analysing trends in the work that is being requested and from where in the business.

Quick Base review by Erin R.
Erin R.

"Our solution is QuickBase"

What do you like best?

The cloud and its offerings are growing more and more as the dynamics of business are changing; QuickBase being a cloud platform lets its users have the anytime anywhere access that is a growing need. QuickBase is a platform so you are not forced to fit into someone’s box or idea of how your company should be run, you are able to create the box to fit your workflow. As we also use QuickBase internally, we have been able to have the system grow and change as the business grows and changes. QuickBase is a fit for companies large and small.

What do you dislike?

The needs of organizations and individuals change often and sometime very fast. The tech industry has had a profound impact on everything that we do in a business, so much so that sometime products do not always keep up. One of the best things about QuickBase is that it is a platform so it has the ability for its own deficiencies to be filled by 3rd party developers. Currently one of the gaps that is filled by 3rd party developers is the ability to create and save a document in PDF, MS Word or MS Excel format. The document saving capability is probably the feature that we have to reach to an outside provider for the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to implement QuickBase, make sure the you have a vision and your team is aligned. You do not need to know how to build the vision, but you need to know what the end result that you want to be is, and more importantly your team needs to be aligned in the vision.

For our company alone, it has probably saved us one or two FTE each and every year. The ability to collaborate and transfer information from one staff member to another without each person keeping the information in their own silo and holding on to the company information in their own format has kept communication at a very highly functional level.

Quick Base review by Sienna K.
Sienna K.

"Simple Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is very easy to use with little to no learning curve. It supports a ton of file types which is great when working with a graphic designer or print work and supports very large files. Offers tools to help you track project status and archives past projects that can be found again if needed in future.

What do you dislike?

Not super great for team collaboration. You can tag users and leave comments, but sometimes the threads can get a bit messy and confusing. I also wish there were a way to bulk upload (unless this has been fixed and I am not aware). It can be a pain to upload one by one especially if the work has a lot of versions. For example, we often send out postcards that are all the same project but each one has a different city listed on it. Would be nice to upload in one go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well-rounded project management tool but only works as well as its users. This means for it to be efficient users need to commit to using it for the entire workflow process through project completion, which means logging in and actually uploading, commenting, and tracking. This very much depends on the employees' commitment and company culture.

A nice tool to use with freelancers since you can easily create them an account and collaborate with them this way. It is also very easy to use.

Supports a lot of file types which is great for complex graphics files, images, etc...

Helps us work the freelancers who are off-site since we can easily provision access and manage our projects with them. Works well in-house as well as we have requests come in from different departments. It keeps all parties accountable and gives us a record of projects completed in the past in case we need to call upon them.

Quick Base review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"QuickBase the one true choice"

What do you like best?

Most setup can be done with no code or low code solutions.

Can setup a new application within a few hours.

Offers a solution for about all use cases. I have yet to have a problem I could not solve using QuickBase.

What do you dislike?

Current mobile applications are lacking, but I know are currently being worked on.

Occasionally when I need real coding to get things done I can't, but there are many support companies that can help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBase is a great, easy to use, and very versatile product that allows the user to fully configure anyway they can dream.

QuickBase is the backbone of our entire organization. It is currently used for manufacturing, purchasing, fulfillment, pre-sales and post-sales activities, customer support, asset tracking, document control, HR, etc. QuickBase allows for the entire organization to be able see the same data seamlessly whether they are home based or in the field.

Quick Base review by Alex M.
Alex M.

""The World Runs on Quick Base""

What do you like best?

We now have the ability to answer questions that, before Quick Base, we didn't even know how to ask. The platform is so flexible and powerful that it's applicable to virtually any business practice or workflow. Our QB app is a scalable and transparent single source of truth for everything from high level marketing strategy to daily employee attendance.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of work to do to improve the mobile experience, though to their credit it appears development there is ongoing. As a small company, we'd also benefit greatly from a more flexible licensing model.

We've been able to spread Quick Base across our (small) organization, capturing additional processes and eliminating spreadsheets (and even in some cases HARD COPY work) as we go.

Quick Base review by David H.
David H.

"Haven't used Excel to manage data ever since I began using QuickBase. That was 11 years ago. "

What do you like best?

QuickBase is probably the easiest end-user friendly SaaS RDMS on the market. I've developed business applications on the salesforce.com platform as well as the QuickBase platform, and I find QuickBase considerably easier to use and just as effective in creating business apps.

What do you dislike?

Not much, but I have had clients comment on the aesthetics of the UI, and the inability to configure the UI color scheme. That said, QuickBase will be releasing a new UI that will be an improvement over its current state, both in the aesthetics as well as in a more consistent look & feel between the desktop UI and the mobile device UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBase offers a 30-day trial period with no strings attached, so trying it out costs nothing but an investment of time to experience what and how it can be applied within your group/organization.

That's one of the great things about the QuickBase platform - I haven't run into a business problem yet that hasn't been able to benefit from a QB app, and this has been from simple apps such as Project Management, or Issues Management, or CRM, to more complex apps (or suite of apps) to address business needs such as Professional Services Automation (mini-ERP essentially), or Strategic Planning, or Organization Design. And the benefits realized are considerable when a user or an executive is able to see not just data, but 'information' from which they can make informed business decisions. QB apps can be an enabler to timely and effective decision making within an organization.

Quick Base review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"A powerful tool that is simple and fun to build"

What do you like best?

Quick Base has powerful tools for citizen developers that make it easy to build extremely complex and detailed workflows while remaining easy to follow for end users. The company has a fantastic community, and a great help desk that can assist with most if not all of your problems. Cost if also very competitive. Quick Base also integrates with many different cloud based systems. Quick Base has a great API which allows it to connect to many other systems.

What do you dislike?

Account admins should have better tools to manage their users and accounts. The native charting features can be lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask yourself about all the current processes to see if Quick Base can replace them. The more teams that are using Quick Base the better.

We started just with one workflow and it has since exploded into a fully integrated workflow, data management, contact management and various other business operations environment. The entire company is entrenched with Quick Base and it is only growing.

Quick Base review by Blake H.
Blake H.

"Great Platform with Lots of Potential"

What do you like best?

QuickBase's interface has truly been setup to allow the majority of Citizen Developers to quickly and easily begin building business applications.

What do you dislike?

While the product claims to be targeted to Citizen Developers first, in truth, building complex business systems requires at least some passing experience in fields like business analysis. Additionally, users that don't have a firm grasp on the concepts of relational databases will find building anything other than a basic app daunting (though, this goes for most of QuickBase's peers, as well).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smaller companies should not be afraid to try their service. While companies with larger development budgets or IT departments may see MORE benefit, smaller companies will be able to reap many benefits from utilizing their service to build business applications. I will suggest, however, that the smaller clients keep in mind they may need assistance from someone like a QSP in order to realize their full potential on the platform.

I use QuickBase to solve BPM issues for my clients. I am part of QuickBase's QSP program and work with QuickBase customers to develop everything from standard CRMs to custom integrations with 3rd party software. Most of my clients have seen an enormous benefit with respect to data quality and time saved in processing paperwork and reporting.

Quick Base review by Chun Man C.
Chun Man C.

"Business Process Automation the Easy Way"

What do you like best?

For QuickBase app builders, It's easy to pick up, especially for those who like to learn by doing. Start by uploading a spreadsheet and play around with charts, reports, then on to designing input forms, etc. The recorded and live QuickBase webminars with demos help a lot!

For QuickBase users, it's very easy to use and navigate, and pretty to look at, and easier to use than a conventional database.

What do you dislike?

As more users use it, more interesting ideas come up and not all of those can be accommodated with the existing functionality. The current charting functions could be enhanced to support more data series and groupings. The brand-new still-in-beta Webhooks function should allow reminders related to a timing event in addition to a record create/update/delete event.

I can see the QuickBase dev team is working to address these issues though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer really. Put a stop to the spreadsheet emailing cycles and build QuickBase apps instead!

I have built a dozen business process automation QuickBase apps already:

E.g. A hardware asset, software license and support contract tracking app that report on licenses that need renewing in the next 90 days, what step purchases are at in procurement along with all the quotations and invoices received. Not more missed renewals and expired licenses.

E.g. A vacation tracker that lets our team submit vacation requests to our project manager. With the brand-new still-in-beta Webhooks integrations and a cron job, new vacation requests and upcoming vacation reminders are sent into a HipChat team room.

Quick Base review by Craig E.
Craig E.

"Great product, great support"

What do you like best?

Simple software design allowed us to create a bespoke database that met our exact needs without the requirement of hiring an IT consultant to do the work for us. We kept the database design in house and continually develop the software for our needs.

What do you dislike?

There are not many style options within the software, the layout of the database could be a tad more user friendly to make data more readable. There is also no option to email customers from within the software, this still has to be done via an external email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software and great support. Tailor the software to meet your every needs. So many great features and thousands of apps already developed for you to take advantage of.

We have automated all of our processes into one database, reducing duplicate data entry and maximising efficiency. We have now created numerous databases, most importantly one which manages our brand protection department and allows us to keep track of any misuse of our brand.

Quick Base review by Gordon T.
Gordon T.

"Leads Management"

What do you like best?

Quickbase allows management of customer contacts, flags customers for follow-up, allows daily input and modification of scheduled workflow; provides several levels of analytics to gauge company success in marketing efforts and sales.

What do you dislike?

The few times a year the servers go down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to keep track of customers and end to end disposition of customer relationships, referrals.

Quick Base review by Gaurav S.
Gaurav S.

"Any Body Can Build App!"

What do you like best?

Hello Everyone,

I love QuickBase because everyone can build apps on the QuickBase. It provides a seamlessly

What do you dislike?

UI and QuickBase can provide more option to developers So, developers can code more to build and customize the app as per end user needs.

If we have a code base of some part of QuickBase then, we can build a very good app for all.

But, in the last please improve the UI or give us the option to customize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use and everyone can build the app for their process.

We have built our own HRMS and also managing the process of other departments.

We can build an app in very less time. Low code platform.

Quick Base review by andre h.
andre h.

"What I think of QuickBase"

What do you like best?

This software is a very easy and straight forward software to use. It is great for record keeping and data gathering. It cant be used a ticketing system if you are trying to track issues in your company. I am happy that you are able to access this software off site and also easy to use from a mobile device.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the search system. It is hard to look up a case without the case number. It is not impossible to locate the case but it is much harder than if you could use other details to help.

This helps with managing cases and ticketing for ongoing issues and well as holds records for history purposes.

Quick Base review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"QuickBase Rules! Spreadsheets Drool!"

What do you like best?

With QuickBase you can easily pull reports of the data you need to see! Because it is so versatile with reporting you can pull up a report with certain criteria and then change that criteria quickly in order to create a whole new report! QuickBase is very easy to use and allows you to easily manage a LOT of data. Make sure you get the right plan for you company needs.

What do you dislike?

I need forms to be MORE customizable. Drag and drop fields would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting the right size QuickBase Plan is key to being successful. Too small and you don't get enough features, too big and you are wasting money on things you may not need unless you plan to scale.

We currently use QB mostly as a CRM solution, but I can and do create QuickBase for anything that people would normally create a spreadsheet. Recently I have added a couple of tables to handle automated office supply order tracking and a time sheet app for our HR Department. Always looking for people that use spreadsheets in my company and creating simple QuickBase solutions for them.

Recently we had a form that our Field Techs were having to fill out BY HAND and FAX in to their Supervisor. NO MORE! They know fill out a QuickBase record from their MOBILE phone and QuickBase does the rest. Now their supervisor can get data from the information filled on on the fly in the field. Beautiful! No need for paper or filing cabinets here!

Quick Base review by Greg V.
Greg V.

"Best way to quickly unlock your data and accelerate your business"

What do you like best?

I have used Quickbase at 2 different companies now; one a non profit and the other for profit. We were able to quickly setup and use Quickbase to provide data to employees that was previously locked away in other systems. I like that we can make changes on the fly to requests and respond to employee needs in a timely manner, Even better, once we have shown a few people how to build apps it tends to spread and the need for IT to manage the process starts to fade away. It has allowed employees to ask deeper questions because they see the data in front of them and don't need to wait for someone else to run a report for them and then email them an excel file.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I have is sometimes the flexibility is not always what I want, this tends to only happen when we have issues that are at the bleeding edge of functionality. However, because of great partners we have found ways to get around most of our issues, with things like exactforms plus. Generally speaking there is always a way to get something done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and people will love it because it makes doing their jobs easier.

Our biggest business problem we have solved is getting data out of legacy systems and visible to the company. When we don't need to wait for people to update an excel spreadsheet and pass it around it allows the business to work faster. We are in a time sensitive industry and being able to have people on the road make changes or approve things makes us better. It also allows us to be smarter, we can see everything at a glace and do deep dives on information if necessary. We have empowered users to make new data discoveries.

Quick Base review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Running a company on QuickBase"

What do you like best?

This is a high-code program that someone like myself, with no coding background, can easily create apps that create performance boosts in any aspect of the business flow. After gaining experience in the system, I self-taught how to make it more efficient and with the our amazing account manager and sales engineer fine tuned even more.

What do you dislike?

When building multiple reports, the single drag feature can become quite cumbersome. To have a multi drag feature or even Ctrl click to select multiple at once throughout the list would be great.

Also, the search feature can be a little annoying. It is an auto search and if one letter or number is incorrect you have to wait for the page to load and then erase and re-type. I like how the mobile version allows you to toy type then click search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that does it, QuickBase is the answer. The reliability of customer service is above all standards and the ease of learning to manager makes me feel like a programmer. The direction QuickBase goes is based on it's customers reviews and make it happen.

We are a consulting and outsourcing services company that handles thousands of locations billing and management of utilities. Solving solutions such as time usage dealing with service issues, over charging in costs, auditing, and full program management dealing with contracts and environmental footprint.

With QuickBase, not only has the client recognized the benefit of what out company does for them by saving 90% of the time they dealt with the service we now provide, we have cut our time providing this service by 66% when enetering data, pulling reports, and handling customer service issues. This offers even greater benifits to our clients because we are able to give them more attention and be a true client advocate.

Quick Base review by Lauren P H.
Lauren P H.

"Quick Base Developer"

What do you like best?

Quick Base is flexible and scalable in ways that most platforms are not. It is easy for most users to learn how to be builders and they can empower their company moving forward.

What do you dislike?

Could have better email and mobile functions. They have made improvements to both and they are continuing to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can dream it, Quick Base can do it.

Order Tracking, Accountability across teams, eliminating duplicate entry, streamlining systems. Multiple jobs and multiple access points for the system.

Quick Base review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Advanced Beginner - really well done, flexible app builder"

What do you like best?

A few things -

Their "App Exchange" is an open resource of pre-formatted apps that can easily be customized for your needs. The company culture is all abourt working together and finding clever solutions to common issues - at an affordable price.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced needs are beyond my technical ability, but QBase has tons of resources to help you come up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very simple to begin slowly w an Exchange template and customize for your needs. Also recommend drawing out (literally) - the process and expectations for your finished app. Review your approach w business users - only THEN begin to build out tables, relationships and additional features. Don't expect the first version you build to be a finished product: We have found QBase works best in a state of constant improvement and tweeking as users submit their needs and desires. Also - their Community is great support tool, as well as their annual Conference.

Many - from employee onboarding to job tracking and asset mgmt. Efficiencies and standardization are the best benefits to date. Also - FINALLY have one collective - NON-PAPER - repository for all company info and data.

Quick Base review by User in Computer Software

"Great product"

What do you like best?

We use quick base specifically for accounting and budget keeping purposes. I love that everything is in one place - especially communication surrounding the budget. We use it to put our marketing tickets in so that they can be easily tracked and accounting can pay for them. Nothing gets lost. This program is accessible from any internet connection and does not require a download. You can upload an invoice directly with your budget ticket submission. It even allows you to communicate directly with accounting on the platform. It will send you notifications to your email to let you know when things have changed or if someone else has commented on a specific ticket.

What do you dislike?

I think this is overall a great product. Unfortunately, it adds yet another product to our long list of products we use. We wish we could be able to stream line some, but this is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to stream line your budget. It allows your team to stay organized and everything budget related stays in one place.

Communication in regards to budgeting. There are no longer lost emails of communicating budget needs, changes, and invoices. This definitely solves our issues in this regards. With so many products and so many people on our team, our accountant was struggling with keeping up with all the budget ticket requests. We were using emails to communicate and some times things were said in calls or meeting and were not recorded.

Quick Base review by Stephen P.
Stephen P.

"Excellent Tool for Easily Developing Custom Applications"

What do you like best?

Quickbase allows you to develop apps for just about anything you can think of or more importantly anything you need. The ability to quickly and easily manipulate data in a meaningful way is incredible. The speed of the website is extremely responsive for how much data your working with. Sometimes you forget your working within a database that isn't in the same LAN you're on. Their Security is some of the best in the business.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that they could work on:

Report Customization - While you most certainly can get the data you need, the ability to format that data in a more visually appealing way is very limited

Dedicated Mobile App - I know this is in the works and what is available currently does work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try everything else you can find and try quickbase last. I went through a LOT of other softwares trying to shoe horn our business into their models but there is nothing as comprehensive or as easy to customize as quickbase.

We work in the Security Industry, Access Control, Video Surveillance & Intrusion. Its exceptionally difficult (Near impossible) to find any Of the Shelf software that can handle all of the nuances that exist in this business. The ability to Create a custom process based on the way we need to work for our clients is unmatched when using Quickbase.

Quick Base review by Bonnie G.
Bonnie G.

"Good product but still lacking in fuctionality"

What do you like best?

QuickBase allowed me to easily set up databases from project management tools to data tracking tools. The "coding" was very simple once you got the basic idea. We were looking for a solution to replace Microsoft Access because it's most useful functions seemed to be depleted with each new version.

What do you dislike?

There was still a lot of functions that were lacking in the database software. Some very simple mathematical calculations were made very difficult and formatting reports had serious limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is a basic form/database system, the web-based service is really nice. Also, if you fall into one of their categories where database templates already exist, it will be a very smooth transition.

We had been using Access to track project performance and payments but as Access started moving to the cloud, it got very expensive to add clients as users and basic security functionality was being limited. As a small business, we just wanted to set up a database that could track data and produce reports.

Quick Base review by Administrator in Computer Software

"QuickBase Makes Life Easy"

What do you like best?

It's hard to say what I like best. Maybe it's that when The Boss asks for a report, 99% of the time I can have it to him in under a minute? Maybe it's that The Other Boss says, several times a day, "I LOVE QuickBase!"?

What we as a company like best is that all our customer and prospect data is in one application, with clean data records, standardized fields, and user-friendly data access and reporting. We are looking forward to implementing QuickBase in more imaginative ways to help our business processes, and are investigating the possibilities of using QB Sync to further integrate out systems.

Oh, and we really like the dynamically updating search results on the home screens.

What do you dislike?

Not much. A couple of the report-generating mechanisms are not exactly intuitive, with hidden buttons that don't appear until you need them - but if you don't know they are there, you don't know that you *can* (eventually) use them. We also are not fans of faint gray text (like what is being used here!!!). People of a certain age can't read thin pale gray text on a cream background very easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan. Consider using a consultant if you are migrating data from another system. Make good use of QB webinars, knowledge base, and online help. Attend seminars and conferences. Don't try to use every feature - pick the ones that are most applicable to your situation and leave the others. Feel comfortable with excel, if possible.

We are solving an enterprise-wide data mismatch problem, where prospect data and customer data had no connection with each other. Having it all in one place, with everything entered using the same conventions, has removed all sorts of obstacles to ongoing CRM issues.

We all have access to the same information, we can cover for each other since it's all right there, and we have good records of what has been done, where we are in the various processes, and more.

Quick Base review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Super easy way to build customized cloud-based applications"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to build a highly customized application. We are a marketing team that serves as a "shared service center," so we needed a tool that provides both a front-end to capture "tickets" and a back-end to manage our projects. We couldn't find any existing tools that would work with this, so we turned to Quickbase to build our own. It has worked exceptionally well for us.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were some more automated abilities that push Quickbase past being solely a database platform. For example, it would be great if we could build in workflows so that when someone submits a new ticket, it would automatically assign multiple tasks in a sub-table based on a workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to put some work into setting the system up up front. However, it is actually relatively easy to do, and the customizability is excellent. The only downside is that it's really just a powerful database - concepts like macros or similar do not exist in Quickbase.

Quickbase serves jointly as a helpdesk and project management solution for us. It has been enormously helpful.

Quick Base review by Chad F.
Chad F.

"Change the way you manage processes"

What do you like best?

I love that I can own the creation of a process. It takes out the middle man between what I hear from stakeholders and implementing a change.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to complain about. I am very happy with the product.

Streamline processes. We manage customer relations, performance measurement, requests for quotes, strategic meeting plans, employee of the month recommendations, surveys and more through quickbase.

Quick Base review by George K.
George K.

"An amazing platform to build your business"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is one of those products that you start working on, fall in love with, and then can't imagine your life without it.

It is a simple and intuitive platform that allows a regular, non-developer to build complex applications that meet business process and workflow, without as much as one line of code.

Having tried to use other systems to attempt the same, I could easily see the difference in usability, and getting to a final result. The other would've taken months to just learn them, and more months to being building the application.

Quickbase is a versatile product, for simple things like storing flat tables, but its power comes in when you start working with relational databases, and reporting. It sounds more complicated than it really is.

If you're in the market for such a product, or are currently dabbling with software like Filemaker, do yourself a favor and check out Quickbase first ... you'll be thankful you did.

What do you dislike?

The one main issue I have with Quickbase is the very minimal ability to format and brand your reports.

The report features are very rich, and the data is amazing, however, sending that to a client directly from Quickbase is almost impossible, which requires the use of 3rd party software, almost always.

For internal use, it's perfect though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking at a product that falls within the competition...

1- Realize that it's not really a competitor. (I say that so confidently, because Quickbase's feature-set makes it quite unique)

2- Also be aware that you'd need to be working on multiple aspects of that product. (i.e: database design, then front-end, at a minimum)

3- You will almost certainly require at least one if not more than one developer / database architect to do the same thing you can do yourself with Quickbase.

I run a hosting business, with a unique set of parameters that need to be tracked, so an out of the box product simply wouldn't have accommodated those needs.

With Quickbase, I was able to create both a CRM, a link to all resources, and a ton of other pieces that made the workflow seamless. There is still work that needs to be done, but the ability to go to the Quickbase application, and change the schema to match a new business process is invaluable, and I've never had to hire a developer to do any of those things. (I'm not a developer, myself, I just know how to use Excel :) )

Quick Base review by Brooklyn R.
Brooklyn R.

"Very difficult to maneuver at first"

What do you like best?

I like that I can make a report and it saves it so I can use the same one each month without having to modify my filters each time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it isn't very user friendly. There are a lot of things I can't figure out why it doesn't match my other reports.

It makes it easy to run a report on all of my facilities and export it to excel

Quick Base review by Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.

"The app to overcome any challange!"

What do you like best?

Your able to customize this app to meet your needs and adapt as they change. The reporting you can then leverage is awesome in presenting to all levels of your organization.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I hear frequently is having dashboards customizable for each user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you won't be able to work without it!

We no longer have spreadsheets tracking various projects and have one centralized placed where everyone can access what they need and we can show what we've done.

Quick Base review by Erik R.
Erik R.

"Best solution for fast-paced businesses"

What do you like best?

The ability to create and deploy enterprise-grade, custom business applications quickly sets Quickbase apart from anything else available out there. It's the perfect tool for fast-paced business environments!

What do you dislike?

Quickbase's ease of use comes at the expense of aesthetics at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Third party automation service Zapier is an excellent complement to Quickbase.

Working in a rapidly evolving, nascent industry, it's impossible to find pre-made software that satisfies our organization's needs. We've been able to build a fully integrated suite of enterprise management tools in short time, and its benefits have been realized in countless ways.

Quick Base review by G2 Crowd User in Telecommunications
G2 Crowd User in Telecommunications

"Easily Replace Excel Files with Quickbase and get your Team on the same page."

What do you like best?

Quickbase allowed us to eliminate 90% of our Excel trackers. We were at a point were we had so many conflicting copies of Excel files and we could not keep the most current ones in the hands of the people that needed them. Quickbase has really helped everyone get on the same page.

Since this is a web based program there is no hassle of having to install and maintain software employees computer, what they use is always up to date.

What do you dislike?

Current User Interface is lacking. Forms could use a little more visual customizability. This doesn't detract from usability though. The upcoming overhaul looks promising.

Quickbase is relatively easy to get going on from the start, but if you have never used a database before its hard to wrap you head around exactly how to go about starting from scratch. They do offer classes for beginners but even with that you will likely need assistance from a 3rd party to get you started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are finding that your spreadsheets are leaving you confused then Quickbase is for you.

If you are finding that you are constantly missing deadlines then Quickbase can Help.

If you can't answer a question about the status of a project then Quickbase can help.

If you want everyone in your company to use the same software and be able to use it anywhere in the world when ever its needed then quickbase is for you.

Our company had so many projects going on at once that Excel sheets could not keep up. Employees overlapped on different projects in different departments and would have to refer to multiple Sheets at once and decide for themselves which project took priority. Quickbase has allowed us to to assign employees to the project over multiple departments and put all the info each user needs into one place. Quickbase has also allowed us to create a work flow for the employees. Each project goes through multiple review stages and Quickbase allows us to only show each employee the projects that are ready for their review and puts them in order of priority.

Bottom Line is our company has doubled in size in the last 2 years and we would have been able to keep up with the number of employees we had if we had not found Quickbase.

Quick Base review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Quickbase: Easy to Learn, Rewarding to Master"

What do you like best?

Quickbase puts application development within reach of many users, and with additional experience can really change how you think about collecting, storing, and interacting with your data. There is a growing stable of excellent pre-built apps on the Quickbase Exchange that are great starting points for beginners, and when you are ready, there are many processes that could be done in Quickbase that will really transform your business and save on the tedium for many employees. If you find you are up to your eyeballs in Google Spreadsheets, then it might be time to think about upgrading to your own Quickbase app; through Quickbase you have control of who sees what (down to the individual field) and who others can interact with the application.

What do you dislike?

Quickbase is the best Rapid Application Development platform around, however, the flexibility and robustness of the canvas you can work from trades off with the front-end display for your end users. People point to specific products that only do one thing and comment on how much "better" it looks. These one-off time trackers, project management tools, and service desk platforms all do one thing and can afford to have one look; Quickbase can be built to do all of those things, but if you want to spruce it up to look as good as these other apps, you will need some code work done to display your Quickbase forms to match your front end. To their credit, Quickbase has done tremendous work over the last few years on expanding their data visualization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join one of the many webinars that Quickbase staff does about product features. Consider using a Quickbase Solution Provider (QSP) to help you get started on your first apps and on training.

As a consulting firm, we specialize in tackling whatever processes our clients want to use Quickbase for. We have used Quickbase to design many varied applications: budget management tools, deployment/logistics systems, check request approval systems, personnel databases, time-off tracking, campaign data collection, and many more. We usually start new clients on a simple application to open their own minds on what they could also integrate into a Quickbase app. The universal benefits of these applications being in one place are being able to control access for users both in what they can see and do, and being able to train certain "power users" to start making their own reports, graphs, and eventually even applications.

Quick Base review by G2 Crowd User in Political Organization
G2 Crowd User in Political Organization

"Easily customized databases for non-techies"

What do you like best?

I like how customizable QuickBase is. There's a lot of software out there that would help me track parts of my organization's field program, but with QuickBase I can decide exactly what information needs to be collected and stored.

I also like how easy it is for people with very little tech experience who know nothing about coding to pull information from this system by creating reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish the interface were just a little bit "prettier" so that it was less intimidating for some people to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that if you're using QuickBase, especially if you're a small organization, that you have someone with the capacity to dedicate time to admin and support for other users.

We use QuickBase for a number of things, but our most-used app helps us manage staff remotely and hold them accountable to specific deliverables.

Quick Base review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Useful for managing laboratory inventory"

What do you like best?

We use Quickbase for managing lab inventory of various items, and it has worked well. I like that you can link items from different tabs to easily click through and find the information about related items.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out how to link the items across different tabs is sometimes a bit confusing. When you link things extra columns pop up in tabs you are linking to/from.

This has allowed us to have an inventory of many different kinds of items that we use in our lab. It makes it easy to put clear descriptions of the items, while giving them an ID code on the tube where the item is stored. It makes it clear what an item is, how it was made, and what it can be used for.

Quick Base review by matt e.
matt e.

"A versatile, low/no code solution to data management"

What do you like best?

The ability to create a database by virtually any user, regardless of experience.

What do you dislike?

The subscription model used by Quick Base leaves something to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small to medium sized growing business, Quick Base provides a legitimate data/process management alternative to more expensive systems.

Ever-changing business requirements are implemented with ease.

Quick Base review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"QuickBase for me"

What do you like best?

I like that I can pull all the reporting I need for multiple clients together and view all data needed at once! It makes it easy for checks and balances and to see what is complete and what is still open for each month.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to download my reports into Excel for it to be a readable report. I don't mind the extra steps, but it would be nice to be able to print the table format that I am viewing in QuickBase instead of making an Excel spreadsheet all fancy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works great as a whole in that in you can build it to your needs! It is fairly easy to do the back end design as well!

We are a consulting and outsourcing service company that handles thousands of locations. We use QuickBase to hold all billing, service issues, invoice auditing, credit requests and customer service data. We offer streamlined billing, locked in rates and a team in the background making sure services run smoothly!

QuickBase helps with the flow of our incoming and outgoing service calls and with our auditing and data collection each month!

Quick Base review by Lane P.
Lane P.

"It works well. Now it just needs to work faster."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to relate tables to one another. With a few clicks I can be in a form modifying fields from a related table.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the time it takes to modify anything. I feel like I'm ten steps behind of where I am in my head compared to where I actually am in my browser. I realize this is a program that is completely online and thus subject to internet speeds, but our office has constant 25 mps so running Quickbase smoothly shouldn't be a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go for Quickbase if you don't need to have a really in-depth, customizable interface. QB is great for setting up simple workflows, but its strength is in how it manipulates data, not how it presents it.

We're using Quickbase for time cards, invoicing, pricing and sales, jobs, and contacts. More recently, we've started building PDF forms that hold and sort information gathered from Quickbase through the API.

Quick Base review by Shannon M.
Shannon M.

"Useful tool to manage a lot of contacts/projects."

What do you like best?

We can store everything that we need to know about a client in one place. Customization is fairly "simple" and we have integrated project management templates in it as well.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in the number of ways you can filter data in a report and since our business is fairly complex, that can create a need to generate a new report template to get all of the data that we want in a viewable format.

We use it to manage all client data, communications and project management.

Quick Base review by Olav I.
Olav I.

"Brilliant cloud service for easy application creation and management"

What do you like best?

This awesome cloud service empowers users without coding skills with the ability to create, administrate and share apps worldwide. The app building process is incredibly simple and there are tons of documentation available for everything from building simple applications from scratch to utilizing API functions.

What do you dislike?

The support for UTF-8 encoding could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to try it!

QuickBase has made process management way easier in my company and it is also a great foundation for improved business insight through numerous report options. This service replaced countless spreadsheets and took a lot of strain away from the IT department.

Quick Base review by John P.
John P.

"Low Code easy to use"

What do you like best?

Their UI has been done very well. I went from knowing 0 about quickbase to being able to create an app in a very short amount of time. I'm not a developer or programmer, but if you can break down things logically in your head how you want them, then QB can help.

What do you dislike?

Not much I don't like. I am looking forward to new implementations of developing simple many to many relationships.

We have realized many benefits in the short time we have used QuickBase. Solved different issues of project tracking and scheduling.

Quick Base review by John L.
John L.

"QuickBase has helped with organizing employee records"

What do you like best?

The low coding features make it easy to create different reports and visibility for important information. I also like how reports can be made simply by clicking a few buttons and filters. Filters make it very easy to sort information. The executives in our department often throw off lots of questions to see certain information. QuickBase helps us navigate through our data to find answers to these questions.

What do you dislike?

Some popular functions, like VLOOKUP type, aren't incorporated in QuickBase functions. It is possible to accomplish the same results in QuickBase as some of these other functions, but for less experienced users, they take much more time to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to do the webinars and call customer support. Kirk Trachey does a great job explaining new functions and possibilities within the program. Also, reach out to other users within your system to try and collaborate on ideas. It can always be a great tool when you find helpful resources in your general proximity.

We are solving problems for determining headcount and forecasting for company growth. In our company we have just recently started realizing that QuickBase can automatically generate important info that is relevant to these problems

Quick Base review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Great application for citizen developers"

What do you like best?

In a short amount of time, you can create a robust business application with no code required. There are several hundred downloadable apps available in the Quickbase Exchange that you can download.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could offer more customized looks.

Transaction management, billing, service calls, scheduling, contractor on-boarding, inventory management, etc.

Quick Base review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Quickbase: The hot new trend in IT"

What do you like best?

Quickbase makes it easy for non-developers to create applications that could have huge effects on their company's productivity. Its intuitive UI and pleasant color scheme makes it good for anyone to start using or keep using this great system.

What do you dislike?

Since it is non-code based you do run into a few instances where you cannot implement the functionality you would like to. However, that is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this if you don't have skills in coding development.

We are using Quickbase to run our entire asset management system.

Quick Base review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Useful in health industry "

What do you like best?

In my field I need the ability to see clients past records as well as evaluate therapist performance . Quickbase allowed me to customize and make an app that would work in a way that would allow me to have access to client documentation as well as ability to assess performance and provide feedback and track therapist workload

What do you dislike?

The desktop version is superior to the mobile version at the time I used it it did not have a mobile version ans it would of helped with navigation .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although there is a mobile version a mobile app for specific app would be great

Quickbase provided a custom portal for client information that wa tailored to our company’s needs

Quick Base review by MOHIT C.
MOHIT C.

"QuickBase is a game changer!"

What do you like best?

- The non-technical people can built their unique business applications without anyone's help in quick turnaround time.

- The hardware, software and the applications are all managed by Intuit. So the user need not worry about patching, security, upgrades etc.

- QuickBase has something for everyone.

-- A novice can build quick apps as per their needs without writing any code.

-- A professional can extend the solution using his programming skills and build any complexity hassle free.

- QuickBase offers easy integration with other applications therefore it's adaptibility is also hassle free.

- Creating copies of the same app is so easy and therefore extending the app as a product to others also is a treat.

- QuickBase offers a good mix of reporting and analytical capabilities as well which makes the product so strong in its offerings.

What do you dislike?

- QuickBase licensing cost is not competitive among its competitors which makes it a little hard to sell.

- QuickBase is still not multi-lingual which is some cases is a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If any of the below factors are your consideration, then you should choose QuickBase as your next platform:

- Time to market

- Highly configurable

- Easily integrated

- User friendly interface

- Better than Excel or SharePoint

- One Subscription / Many Applications (sites in one instance)

- Relational Database

- Multi-domain potential

- We've automated many of ours and our client's business Learning, Sales Management processes through QuickBase.

Benefits Realized:

- Faster time to market

- Faster/low cost duplication of application to extend services to other clients as well.

- Saved FTE cost

- Reduced our Cost to Serve for these processes

Quick Base review by Rick S.
Rick S.

"Perfect for Business Processes"

What do you like best?

I value the ability to build solutions that fit the specific business need. Not only can you build what you need; it's fast and agile! The interface truly ensures adoption by all users (especially non-tech savvy individuals). I recommend QuickBase to track information instead of using a spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

Advanced functionality for developers is different than other platforms and limits some custom coding. I realize this is to ensure that the core product offering is maintained without issues, however, I would like to see a better compromise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign-up for the free trial and check out the great features! It's simple and you'll be able to see how you can use it for your business processes.

We have created an Employee Portal with Self Service options for time sheets, expense reports, contact information, project tracking, time off balances, and other features.

Benefits:

-data accuracy

-improved reporting

-ad-hoc report building

-ease of use (all web based)

-centralized location for data

Quick Base review by Laura H.
Laura H.

"Accelerate Collaboration & Centralized Data Management"

What do you like best?

QuickBase allows you to develop applications which can encompass one or multiple workflow processes into a single easy-to-use platform for multiple users across different disciplines. From Management through to Field Staff, QuickBase can be customized for each User group, tailored to their needs making data capture and collaboration easy. An application can be built in hours or days rather than weeks. Tweaks and modifications made easily and simply. There is a large consultant support base as well as online resource tools for the DIY-er.

QuickBase can be rapidly deployed and just as quickly updated to accommodate new needs and features.

Linking to other online services where other business-data is already kept is now available with QuickBase Sync. AppConnect will further enhance cross-application communication and functionality.

QuickBase "fits" around you, can be built to work the way you do; rather than you be forced to change your internal workflow processes to fit the system. From low-level customization to high-level custom integrations, QuickBase is the most flexible Platform for building your own database. Run a function, department or your entire business in QuickBase and leverage the security, accessibility, permission provisions and reporting tools which rival other platforms.

What do you dislike?

Some areas of QuickBase have been slow to catch up to real-world needs but are works in progress. Calendar improvements are coming, AppConnect is coming, File Attachment controls are limited and a native-multi-file-upload feature would be a huge improvement. All of these issues have workarounds currently, so do not rule out the use of QuickBase. The free upgrades are methodical and incremental and dependable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to make the most of the online resources (Knowledge Base and Community Forum). When you need more dedicated help, reach out to a QuickBase QSP or independent Consultant for advice - you will be surprised how easy it could be to achieve what you are struggling with by yourself.

Anytime a business needs to migrate away from spreadsheets, QuickBase can solve problems very fast. Visibility for a management team to know in a few minutes how many locations they have available to work in; and how many events have been Completed and closed tells CEO's how much money was made instantly. From the detail-information needed by lower-level team members to the overall profitability of the business - it's all there. If the data is captured, it can be reported on.

Quick Base review by dinesh v.
dinesh v.

"Very effective and sophisticated database application"

What do you like best?

- The way we are able to relate different tables very easily

- The reporting capabilities to create many intuitive reports and charts

- The API feature that gives capability to do data operations from outside QuickBase site

- Easily customizable forms

What do you dislike?

The following are just few things that can be improved better

- Dynamic rules need to get more mature to provide ability to have multiple rules that will not overriden each other

- Dashboard widget alignment is not much flexible

- Export capability to a multiple file formats mainly the Excel format. Currently only CSV export is possible

- Carbon Copy option is not present in the notification feature

We were having a business need to create a web based application with the following, that we achieved with QuickBase.

- To combine data from multiple tables and to provide a very intuitive form to input the data

- To generate variety of reports from the data with export capability

- To get response from the selected users

- To integrate with another web based in-house application

Quick Base review by C David C.
C David C.

"Is there a life without QuickBase?"

What do you like best?

QuickBase is very well designed, stable and so easy to implement changes.

This software has revolutionized how our company does business.

We have a saying at our company "if you could think of it QuickBase can do it."

Just let your imagination run. QuickBase is more than just a database it's a SaaS or PaaS that does a great job at creating custom solution without knowing how to write code. I consider myself a "Citizen Developer"

I can implement any changes to the platform without needing a developer. I do it all myself.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about this application but if I had to pick one thing I wished the application had a native iPhone and Droid application. It lacks in mobile capabilities but QuickBase is working very hard right now to develop a solution. Yeah !!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any company today who is not thinking seriously of using a product like QuickBase is missing the boat

There is too many to count but Inventory management, Purchasing, Logistics, Collections, one central location to hold all our data, and on and on...

This application has allowed us to track more information and most importantly generate notices and reminders when a supplier or freight company has not completed something.

This product has become a mission critical application for us and we cannot live without it.

Quick Base review by Tina H.
Tina H.

"Controlling your business in the least amount of time accurately"

What do you like best?

I love being able to use Quickbase and go paperless. We now keep all our tech calls and billing online with Quickbase. Easy to build and maintain. Make your life easier at work and check into Quickbase for controlling your business daily. We are so glad we did. We can see all our tech's tickets and what they are working on right away and billing is a snap. Notifications are great on shipping app I built to where we never miss a due date now. You really can't go wrong with this product. Database made easy at your finger tips. Apps are easy to build and put in use for individuals or groups.

What do you dislike?

Really haven't found anything yet I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a chance to show you the benefits. You will be glad you did.

Tech tickets are imputed daily and billing hours are listed at the time tickets are completed.

Billing went from 3weeks converting paper tickets and billing to 4 hours printing them all out. Fast and EASY!!

Quick Base review by Greg L.
Greg L.

"Rapid App Development - Citizen Dewvloper"

What do you like best?

QuickBase takes the logic and functionality of spreadsheet data, adds relational database data base forms, and app templates, and becomes the Citizen Developer's best friend.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is mostly intuitive, but could use some fine tuning and in different spots more uniformity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train the organization to use, Empower employees to develop custom apps, Realize the incredible benefits of pure business intelligence, that QuickBase provides.

Our entire business is managed inside of QuickBase. From inventory management to order processing, issue logging, budgets, invoicing, quoting, and more.

The benefits realized are innumerable. From single source data at the fingertips of Executive Leadership, to visibility for the entire organization, that allows for continual improvement and new business opportunities.

Quick Base review by Forrest P.
Forrest P.

"A Solid Platform for Quick Solutions"

What do you like best?

QuickBase is a great way to get a solid solution without spending tons of money or time for custom development.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more flexibility around branding for individual apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn how to develop within QuickBase. Assign someone familiar with databases to be the developer.

We collect a lot of information from a mobile workforce. QuickBase allows us to collect this information from any device with an internet connection.

Quick Base review by Joe L.
Joe L.

"QuickBase is easy to use"

What do you like best?

The greatest benefit we see with QuickBase is the ability to respond quickly to our business needs. The product is flexible and easy to change. Our user group also likes having a single place to go to do multiple functions.

What do you dislike?

The only area that we struggle with is within the reporting arena. The report tool is great for reporting at the transaction level, but we are not always able to summarize the way we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best recommendation is to get in and try things out. It is not overly complicated to learn and the more you learn, the more things you can do with it.

We use the product in quite a few different ways. We have over 120 applications in use today within the QuickBase platform. The biggest benefits we see with this are the ability to add quickly and meet our users requests.

Quick Base review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Intuitive and Easy to Train"

What do you like best?

Quickbase's best feature, by far, is it's ability to empower users. I've used it to drive change across multiple departments with users who have varied abilities with programming. Once I've got someone up and running in Quickbase, I find that the support needed from me for general day-to-day is minimal.

What do you dislike?

UI design is a bit dated and clunky. In the past, I have had that as a barrier to entry for some of my less experienced users. I've seen their plans for a complete UI overhaul, though, and it looks fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just dive right in, and get as many stakeholders as possible early on.

I've used Quickbase for HRIS, ATS, Accounting, event planning, inventory management, CRM, and many more solutions. By spreading it out and using it everywhere we possibly can, we see the incremental costs plummet compared to off the shelf solutions for every function.

Quick Base review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Use it for project management tracking on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

Tracking is very easy. Colour coding makes it easy to manage line items and easy to see what needs doing and what is done. The amount of detail and customisability is great and lets it suit most applications. It is good o be able to access it from anywhere via the internet. Makes working and travelling much easier.

What do you dislike?

Very basic in terms of exporting spreadsheets. There is a lot of redundant info that gets translated into a sheet and most of it gets deleted. It just takes longer. It is also slow sometimes but that may be due to the volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple people working on multiple projects with multiple employees working in multiple sites across a large country, use this software. If you need to track costs, revenues, keep records of quotes, invoices, information in general, use this.

Where to start. Makes tracking everything - payroll, history of work done, quotes invoices, etc... way easier. Solves issues relating to divying tasks between people and solves issues of sending information to customers.

Quick Base review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to make different reports. It helps me have full visibility of everything and stay organized.

What do you dislike?

Even with a recent updates, I don't like the outdated look of the site. I also don't like how difficult it can be to edit a grid. I think we could benefit from being able to edit without going into a new window.

I'm able to keep track of client projects, whether it be budget, deadlines, or follow ups

Quick Base review by Parker P.
Parker P.

"Quickbase making things simple. "

What do you like best?

My favorite components of Quickbase are the capabilities of the product. It is a very easy to use system that is accessible anywhere you have connection to the internet.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that annoys me is the editing of an app, when doing that it can be difficult to test out different strategies due to the nature of the setup.

I have realized that you can track numerous assets easily through this app.

Quick Base review by User

"Effective data management "

What do you like best?

We use this program to handle a large amount of data for thousands of customers. The customizable searches, filters and menus make this app a welcome tool in the field and office alike

What do you dislike?

At times the interface can seem clunky and the “pickiness” of the program can seem cumbersome. It would be nice if the look could be cleaned up and if some things could be more intuitive

Sorting customers by location, being able to sort with multiple fields at the same time, and being able to map out all the stops on a given day has been tremendously helpful to us

Quick Base review by Janet P.
Janet P.

"QuickBase is proving to be a very valuable tool for business process improvement."

What do you like best?

QuickBase can be used for any business process challenge and QuickBase is delivering more functionality on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

Reporting capabilities could be improved, QuickBase is continually making improvements in this area.

We have multiple Apps in production, a few are Fleet Tracking, Safety Incident Tracking and

replacing spreadsheets with Apps that track workflow.

Benefits are being able to do more with the improved processes.

Quick Base review by Administrator

"Quick Base Launched Our Department Into New Territory"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize users experience, along with its very accessible platform. Quick Base has allowed our department seamless collaboration with other departments in our company. They can now make requests of our department with personalized home pages and forms.

What do you dislike?

There could be some further customization with the forms - also, sometimes the placement of fields on same rows are a little off because other fields in the same section are larger.

Increased efficiency has been a huge boon from using Quick Base. We've been able to automate several processes and are able to prove ROI from the easy-to-use reporting.

Quick Base review by User

"Good for broad scope managing."

What do you like best?

The queue allows you to easily see project statuses.

What do you dislike?

There could be more fields that would allow the program to be more comprehensive. Also, a history section of what has been done within a project would be helpful.

We have projects that go through several rounds of development and testing and this allows those to not stray outside of that process.

Quick Base review by Décio F.
Décio F.

"Fantastic rapid application development"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is the easiest and most powerful service to create nice looking and useful applications accross the company. You can easily solve inumerous and complex business cases in days.

What do you dislike?

Limitations for linking records. You will have difficulties to perform SQL/SELECT like queries across tables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fantastic tool. You will be able to solve several business cases and user needs.

CRM, Sales Management, Order Taking, Analytics, Contract Management and much more.

Quick Base review by Kunpeng  Z.
Kunpeng Z.

"Great Platform "

What do you like best?

It has been such a great platform that enables quickly deploying business idea. Either you can do native or even fully customized design, the platform delivers good product with good features.

Hope Quick Base can improve the email system.

What do you dislike?

Email system is too simple which could not even have get everyone in same email.

Multiple select text needs to be more powerful.

Living data collection and tracking and quick analytics.

Cross department collaboration.

Quick Base review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"QuickBase - the BEST project management system"

What do you like best?

It's easily customizable, quickly makes an impact on process, documentation, and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

It needs a few updates and a few more flexibilities built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really weigh the ability to modify and update your own systems. Not having to rely on a 3rd party to make simple updates or additions is a big time and cost savings.

I am responsible for collaborating with our internal project managers, writers, editorial, and production teams to make sure our project specs are being followed and delivered as efficiently as possible. I am also working with the Sales Managers to begin building a sales tracker system.

Quick Base review by Matthew N.
Matthew N.

"Its a great tool, and can Grow Endlessly"

What do you like best?

It makes it straight forward for users to be able to add new items and keeps things clean. You can also have really nice custom API connections to make it even better.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the restrictions on the form layout can make things look odd.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan before you start. Decide on your business process, then make the system support that.

Everything, We are getting away from email even by using the notifications and alerts to drive work flow.

Quick Base review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="049d0e78-4f90-4b7d-b70e-84b1a51e3b50">Alfonso M.</span>
Alfonso M.
" itemprop="name" />

"Good system and user experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement biz solutions within the organization, does not require additional hardware or software implementation.

What do you dislike?

i would like to see additional pricing options, and also more remote training options.

Financial reports and financial apps, sales management and reports, procedures improvement, knowledge database and others. Main benefit is the need to establish clear procedures before implementation.

Quick Base review by Administrator

"Quickbase is a great tool which needs some improvement"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Easy to create dashboards

Easy to query data

What do you dislike?

Cannot import/export large amounts of data.

No friendly interface for it to interact with other apps like Tableau (we have to parse data in chunks using Alteryx)

Charting functionality isn't very advanced but they are slowly improving

Used primarily as a data collection tool and where we setup our data structure

Quick Base review by Robert Mayer B.
Robert Mayer B.

"QuickBase user-10 year heavy user"

What do you like best?

Ease and speed of app development

Customizable dashboards

What do you dislike?

Old style user interface-

Weak mobile implementation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a free demo -and develop a simple app

One source for all data

"Tedious"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to import information, like Excel sheets which is useful. Also the ability to customize reports and charts, and be able to save them for quick access.

What do you dislike?

I dislike quickbase slowness, it can be very slow and clonky. It's also not very use friendly, I think it can be designed a little better, having a simplistic interface.

Data, storage, inventory etc

Quick Base review by Kim M.
Kim M.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The ease in setting up, connecting data so key pieces do not have to be re typed, and the quickness to pull the needed data for reporting.

What do you dislike?

Could use a choice for the user interface, better charts and graphs, easier to use forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With any database it is important to take the time to make the initial set up important. It helps to identify what and why you need the data and then to implement the fields to begin collecting the data.

We are able to pull Data in a matter of minutes instead of days or weeks. We have been able to focus our time where we have data missing since it is easy to identify.

Quick Base review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Quick and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is a very user friendly application with simple and easy navigation. I use it to track my on going and completed jobs.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this for about a year and haven’t run to issue or problems as of yet.

It helps that we are able yo see how much productivity we accomplish from each month and what are finish rate is.

Quick Base review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good system for website workorders"

What do you like best?

i like the fact that Quickbase will track all the conversation between me and the person working on the work order. It also is nice that I could attach screen shots and files

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more than 5 uploads allowed with my entry.

It allows me to save space in my inbox and keep all my tickets I have in organized.

Quick Base review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Feature-rich, easy to learn, easy to use for technical and non-technical users alike"

What do you like best?

Every industry is different and each company has its own unique needs for software solutions. QuickBase allows us to be "citizen developers," creating our own customizable solutions without the need for additional Technology resources.

I like that we've been able to address multiple business needs and customize different types of users to have access (Viewer, Contributor, Administrator roles, for example).

What do you dislike?

Not all operations are as intuitive as I would like. The process of highlighting or color-coding requires writing HTML code—not an insurmountable obstacle, but something that could be more elegantly accomplished with a WYSIWYG editor.

There are other aspects of creating and customizing fields that would be over the head of non-technical users and are somewhat challenging to become accustom to at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the leading tools to empower citizen development that I'm aware of, and for this reason, certainly worth evaluating.

Our team needs to communication upcoming milestones and events with our Leadership and multiple e-mails from multiple sources (e.g. Project Leads) is too unwieldy. QuickBase allows us to create customer reports and then set them up to be automatically delivered to the appropriate audiences, all while allowing a number of different contributors to submit their items for inclusion.

Quick Base review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Get rid of spreadsheets!!!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to create an app with very little programming experience. I am an IT Manager with basic knowledge of how things work so its pretty easy for me, but i have end users that are not and they can customize their own apps pretty easy.

What do you dislike?

Still several features that are not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GIve it a shot, wouldnt hurt to try it.

We have hundreds of spreadsheets sitting on servers. We were able to do away with those and have custom permissions on who was able to see what. Upper management loves seeing everything in one place.