Quick Base

QuickBase is a true low-code platform for building, customizing and connecting highly scalable, secure cloud applications without compromising IT governance and controls.

Work for Quick Base?

Learning about Quick Base?

Quick Base Reviews

Showing 161 Quick Base reviews
Quick Base review by Kim G.
Kim G.

"Quick Base is the Solution to your Business Issues"

What do you like best?

I like that Quick Base is a no-code app building platform. Its gives the chance for non-IT people to build apps to solve their complex business problems. We are able to collaborate across departments, locations, and even with external people. It gives us measurable goals and allows us to rely on documented information, rather than having information stored in someone's brain or on their hard drive, which is inaccessible to others. I'm also very impressed with their customer support. We have a 2 hour service agreement, but they have never taken even close to two hours to answer and solve my issue.

What do you dislike?

Quick Base does not currently have a geo-location function. They are limited on their maps by street addresses. This is a minor issue though. Also, we are unable to upload more than one document at a time.

Overall, there are very few problems with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick Base is constantly looking for ways to improve their product. Their support is incredible, answering questions quickly and efficiently. If you are looking for a solution to business collaboration needs, Quick Base is an awesome option.

We are able to collaborate across teams and departments to plan projects and work together. There have been numerous benefits including: measurable goals for management, increased communication with employees at remote locations, historical information repository, project lead transfer of information. We had an employee leave suddenly and because we were using Quick Base, information was able to be transferred to his replacement with ease.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quick Base
Quick Base review by Stephen E. A.
Stephen E. A.

"Awesome program that can be used for just about any business service."

What do you like best?

I love that Quick Base is fully customizable for any business application that I need it for. I was introduced to the program but a colleague in a different department to use to replace our database of Alumni in Microsoft Access. Once I saw everything it could after attending Empower 2018, I was hooked and began brainstorming about other business projects that it can help with. I wear many hats in my department and I have been able to streamline my many different responsibilities and make my job a lot less stressful and less paperwork. I was that I had heard about Quick Base sooner.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if there is a way to do it now (I've only been working with Quick Base for 2 months) or if they are working on them now but I would like to see a way to track via Geo Location on a mobile device so that we can track Alumni involvement at our events nationwide.

Quick Base streamlines so much. I have solved reporting for Research poster requests, Image Releases for photography and videography, recruitment information requests and I am still working on many others.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

Quick Base review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Quick Base will revolutionize your business processes!!"

What do you like best?

Quick Base is fully customizable for each individual user. This has allowed our team to create useful, dynamic tools that suit the needs of our end users. I love that I can create solutions for our business without knowing how to code, and the customer service is outstanding!

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting was more powerful (and this is something that Quick Base is working on). The ability to add trend lines and weighted averages to reports would be very helpful to our end users. Currently, we still have to report on this in Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Excel or paper processes anywhere in your business, I urge you to reach out to a Quick Base customer representative today!

We have been able to standardize and streamline our Quality Control process in our Engineering department by building an app to track this information and report on it. Previously, the different groups/project managers were all tracking QC differently (using spreadsheets, paper processes, or not tracking it formally at all. Now the management teams can monitor project health by being able to identify problem areas and provide additional training for our production teams.

Quick Base review by Kelly H.
Kelly H.

"Change the way you think about data management"

What do you like best?

Quick Base's new motto is "Do What Matters." That is exactly what they've done for us - they've allowed us to implement smart business solutions so that we can spend more time focused on growing our business and delighting our customers.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more robust reporting capabilities, which is on Quick Base's roadmap. My users are interested in adding trendlines and being able to easily calculate weighted averages.

We solve problems across the company, using Quick Base in multiple ways. We manage project milestones and workflow, manage travel information, send out user evaluations to get feedback on how to make Quick Base better for our users, provide data to our managers for at-a-glance project health, and many other use cases. Quick Base has given us an unprecedented amount of visibility into our data that we could have never imagined.

Quick Base review by Eric T.
Eric T.

"Low code Soultion for all business needs"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is very easy to learn, The company provides a very strong online library of training videos, Webinars and in person training opportunities, to get your development team up to speed quickly

What do you dislike?

Coming from a traditional database background I find that the table relationship model is a little weak.

It is difficult to reference. The lack of a coding module makes custom procedures difficult to create

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbase is best in class for low code online data management. I have tried many other solutions and Quickbase is far superior to any thing else out there

our primary use current is work flow man agent we have work groups in 37 states all needing to utilize and share data the online aspect of this platform allows us to share in a way that inside databases cant provide

Quick Base review by Roger L.
Roger L.

"Quick Base has revolutionized our data storage, replacing a lot of scattered spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Quick Base allows us to develop our system databases over time, making changes and improvements as users communicate their experiences and needs. Quick Base continues to provide improvements and enhancements that make the developing of the apps easier and resulting in a better experience for the end users.

What do you dislike?

Not having enough control over the screen forms and the complexity of the form design, all the fields are listed vertically in the design side even though the fields are arranged in rows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great citizen development software. It does require time and effort to design what you want to get out of the program but if you invest the time to understand your processes and how to design the features within Quick Base, the software will provide the results you are expecting.

We are solving a few problems. First of all, we are using Quick Base to track all our project management and customer data related to our solar installations. Instead of having various spreadsheet spread through out the company, some of which were different for each branch even though the data within each spreadsheet were essentially the same. We are also using to track our IT assets, our vehicles with driver assignments and maintenance. We also use it as a knowledge-base of municipality info.

Quick Base review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Terrible customer experience, worth it if you never need to contact Intuit"

What do you like best?

The reporting was very well built in Quickbase and easy to use. The system is built pretty intuitively and makes creating an app pretty easy for a novice to jump in and build something quick for your company.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is terrible. Twice I've requested communication and didn't receive anything back for 30-60 days later. The rep replied back "did you still need help with this?" - it's a joke of customer service. Their licensing model is terrible as well. Doesn't take into account if you have a business where you onboard 50+ reps.

The customer service is so atrocious I can't believe this company can still have the rating it has currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require 0 support, this service can work for you. If you require any interaction with their customer support - good luck.

We are building a CRM that manages both the sales cycle and the install cycle for customers. We also want it to work with some customer facing side of things. Has notifications that send to customers based on a certain criteria set in the database.

Quick Base review by Wojtek K.
Wojtek K.

"We use QB for all our internal office project management."

What do you like best?

For me I like QuickBase because it is a full project management software. It has all your invoicing buttons such as PO's, Payables, Invoice status etc... We also use it as our internal ticketing system to know which stores we are visiting for repairs.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much I dislike at all. Everything is very customizable so anytime there was a feature I could have used QuickBase usually had it available in code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! If you're using many other platforms or software for different aspects of your business I would recommend trying out QuickBase. It's very nice to have everything consolidated into 1 app. Very customizable so you can get the look and feel that you desire.

It's beneficial because it's a one stop solution for us. Customers send us a ticket, we create it in the system, we track it in the system, we can assign reps to it, we can close it out, create the invoice and anything else all with this one program.

Quick Base review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"The best low-code solution I have tried, but lacks an international language protocol"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is an easily learning and trustworthy low-code platform for development of applications. Quickbase provides learning material and has a wide base of users that publish solutions for daily problems in blogs and in youtube. They have also a prompt support.

What do you dislike?

Lacks of an international language protocol, therefore, all the data using portuguese, french and spanish caracters like: ç, è, é, ã etc will be messed when you try to sync data between tables and gmail. The lack of an affordable customer portal is something that really bother us: if your company would like to provide access to your customers/clients in a controled area (with login and password) Quickbase will charge you 15 ou 25 dolars for every user (even if they are only view users).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like many others plataforms you can try before buying. If you are looking for a Low-code development, you have to consider Quickbase. Brazilians, portuguese, spanish and french fellows: you will face problems with non-english caracters (like ç, é, ã etc.).

I have been using Quickbase for more than six months and have developed it so far: a contact database for our company, a CRM for our sales team and an application for control and verification of electric bills, which also provides efficiency indicators. We also create processes (BPM) to make our applications work together and synchronized.

Quick Base review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Quickbase Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and how it divides the different tasks by colors so you can see where the project status is in the testing levels. I.E. Pre-QA testing up to live testing, complete, etc.

What do you dislike?

The user can't edit or delete an existing task on a project once it has been made. The admin for our Quickbase account seems to be the only person who can edit/delete tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software for project ticketing. It provides an easy to use interface that allows a quick visual of the number of projects that are being tested and what their status is (preQA testing, on hold, QA testing, live testing, etc). On each active project ticket, you can open it up and view the dates and times of all entries/changes for that ticket and who is assigned to each task so it helps the users to see who all is included in each project.

It helps to keep projects organized and shows the level of testing they have completed and what is next for each project.

Quick Base review by Administrator

"Amazing capabilities and endless potential!"

What do you like best?

My company has been using QuickBase for years now to grow and expand our multiple businesses. It is perfect for our flexible and fast paced business model. We can build new apps and get new projects up and running very quickly. It's the best solution out there for us and we plan on staying and growing with QuickBase for the foreseeable future.

What do you dislike?

The platform could use additional native integration features. However, they have been getting better and adding more options for us, so I'm very optimistic for what the future will bring. The platform is good at syncing data in, but not capable of pushing data out through API. Notifications are a great workaround however. You can setup automatic emails to deploy to certain people or applications. We use this to trigger an IT ticket via email notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be able to control your own data and build flexible applications, QuickBase is the perfect solution. They have a great online community and educational resources which will help anyone become a master. Getting the right licensing plan is key to making this solution worth the cost.

We use QuickBase across multiple departments; sales, marketing, executive, accounting, and client services. Workflow management and getting our employees out of spreadsheets are the biggest "wins" for us. The reporting capabilities are also amazing. We can collect our data points and create year-over-year reporting. Our executives love this solution.

Quick Base review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"Excellent no-code platform"

What do you like best?

I love that with no IT or coding experience I am able to think up a solution and make it a reality using Quick Base

What do you dislike?

The only downsides of Quick Base are minor integration issues with some of our other programs. Much of this is on our side of the fence, not Quick Base's

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend setting aside some time, dollars, and manpower to map out your processes and run Quick Base as a trial. For limited upfront commitment you should be able to get a good grasp on how well it will work. Once you have the data/information in Quick Base it is outstanding how many connections you will be able to find to either automate additional steps or report out/up data that wasn't available or wasn't available as easily before.

There are a lot. Nearly all of our processes are mostly or entirely dependent on Quick Base now. Quick Base has replaced dozens of excel documents for tracking.

Quick Base review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Easy to build apps"

What do you like best?

Quick to make stuff (once you learn how). Easy to customize. Affordable.

What do you dislike?

OMG, where do I start...

#1 most annoying thing: Cannot write data to a reference field. In other words, you can view parent table data in a child table, but you can't edit/write data from the child table view back into the parent. It is SOOOOO annoying to the user experience. Just fix that, and you'll save years and years of wasted clicking by users as they navigate up the table chain to find where the data lives.

#2 most annoying thing. Doesn't have a really responsive search (sometimes if there are too many records, it actually gives you a pop-up window to select the record from). WTF? Seriously? There needs to be some kind of super-fast auto-fill guessing like when one types in the search box of so many other websites.

#3, There's little flexibility with visual look & feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself a month to learn it. Look at other solutions. Once you start building apps, the switching cost is high.

Asset management, process tracking, CRM, data hosting for other web services (using the QB API).

Quick Base review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Quick Base is Fantastic for bringing Digital Transformation to your Business Processes!!"

What do you like best?

Quick Base has outstanding customer service. Whenever I have a question or issue, I hear back from a knowledgeable, professional tech rep quickly. Quick Base is very easy to customize to our business' use cases which means that I can create an app that fulfills exactly what my clients need. Finally, Quick Base is constantly improving the product with new features.

new features

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a small teams pricing plan for 2-5 team members. Also, getting reporting just right and creating complex database relationships are still issues for me. However, Quick Base is already working to resolve these issues. I

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time getting to know ,and play with, the Quick Base product. While its easy to set up an app, enter data, and create simple reports on that data; it can be a little more difficult to modify your basic set up until you've learned how to use the product. Spend time taking courses in Quick base University, it's a wealth of knowledge. Finally, spend time in the Quick Base community. There are lots of very knowledgeable people who are happy answer any questions that you may have while you're learning.

We have effectively used Quick Base for every are of our business; Operations, Marketing, Financial, HR and Asset Management to name a few. Our Quick Base apps answer business questions like how accurate are our project estimates and how much does the estimation process cost us?

Quick Base review by Neil S.
Neil S.

"Fantastic Company and Community to Build a Great App"

What do you like best?

Quick Base is a great tool to build our project management tracking tool and incorporate multiple existing database files and Excel/PDF documents into one, localized place as opposed to spread across multiple drives. They also have a fantastic and responsive customer IT service that will reply in 1 hour or less.

What do you dislike?

Quick Base is lacking in some simplicity found in Excel is Access/Oracle. There are some points of design that need help, but they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. Use the community for help, and ask questions.

We needed a tool to replace a broken project tracking tool built in Excel. Creating a simple app is nice, but the ability to create a top-class app with some simple programming and JavaScript is amazing. The tool also allows our client to see, in real-time, the state of a project. Our client uses Salesforce and that app is useless. They depend on us.

Quick Base review by Aylin N.
Aylin N.

"App Building Platform for Anyone and Everyone! No no need for coding!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can envision what I want my app to look like and then I just drag and drop things into place! It's so easy and saves so much time I used to use on creating powerpoint deck, after deck...

What do you dislike?

I wish we could customize the look and feel more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how relational databases work and the theory behind it before building your apps.

There was a lot of communication issues some of the groups I have helped build apps for were experiencing. We created more efficient processes with cloud-based collaboration solution and all the teams use their apps to get reports in seconds.

Quick Base review by Administrator

"Everything you need in one spot"

What do you like best?

Quickbase lets me customize the entire app to my needs and specifications. Whereas other services similar to Quickbase offer the same idea, they do not let me do what Quickbase does. I feel like this is my page that houses my information. And that makes me feel like a valued customer.

What do you dislike?

The table size limit. I understand that this is a SQL limitation on behalf of Microsoft, but I do have a need for greater than 500 MB per table. Also, when I use Grid Edit, it needs to be able to fire Form rules. This is a must!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a quick platform that centralizes all of your information and is always there. Not only that, Quickbase always has your data safe. It's a company that will keep your data safe and available at all times.

All of my files and information is centralized and we can all be on the same page at the same time. Not only that, we are able to all track the records at the same time. It's made having everyone on track so much easier and better.

Quick Base review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"There are definitely better options out there."

What do you like best?

This is highly customizable if you know how to build widgets from scratch. It is too complicated for the average user to figure out even after extensive research.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slow loading times for page speed. I have tried to find a way to set up a call list for the daily tasks where our sales team can line up customer calls in one window and effectively prioritize and make calls all in one program. Instead, you have to go in and out of each customer profile. It's not ideal for speed and efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for other products. I used to work in CRM sales and there are better options out there like HubSpot or Pulse CRM. You should look for a product that has integrations with your other business technology or look for a system that can do it all.

Gathering customer data all in one program. Customized widgets and some that are pre-built so you do not have to build it yourself.

Quick Base review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Great tool for keeping all project notes in one place "

What do you like best?

I love being able to keep all of my project and campaign notes conveniently in one location, and accessible by other team members. Quickbase has been effective in combining a number of other resources we had to use to track projects - ProWorkFlow, Harvest, etc. - in one easy to use tool. I also appreciate being able to quickly find campaigns and programs based on "budget owner"/user, as well as create personalized reports based on criteria I pick (ex. "my 2018 projects within this market").

What do you dislike?

Some of the query-based filtering for reports takes some time to learn and set up effectively. I also wish there was a way to more easily change details, like budget owners.

-Keeping all information on a program in one central location - allowing multiple users to access the record and add time, details, etc.

-Being able to add time in toward a program specifically, making margins easier to determine for our financial department

-More efficient reporting - Being able to pull high-level reports based on specific criteria

Quick Base review by Patricia D.
Patricia D.

"Solutions Development Sr Analyst"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is the most powerful "easy to use" database I have ever seen. You don't need to know much about databases to build a really great application.

What do you dislike?

They could improve their account management tools. We have a large account and find it somewhat difficult to manage accounts. It is very easy for application owners to add users, but this can also make it difficult for the realm administrator to keep track of both terminating employees and external vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You'll love it!

We have several applications to request products and services. Each of these has a unique approval process, with multiple layers of approval, that Quickbase handles quite well. As our company grows it is easy to add additional levels of approval to the process.

We have recently merged three healthcare systems to become 'Ascension Wisconsin'. Since Quickbase is cloud-based, we don't need to worry as much about incompatible systems, firewall, etc. hindering our efforts to work together. We are able to quickly and easily share information across all locations through project-specific applications.

Quick Base review by Angela S.
Angela S.

"QuickBase Review"

What do you like best?

the interface is intuitive and easy to figure out

What do you dislike?

It is annoying to have to go back to my lead home screen each time and have to search by the date each and every time to pull up the leads I need to follow up with- not the most efficient use of my time

Recommendations to others considering the product

There needs to be a better way to see your leads for the day- as of now I have to go to the home screen, type in the date, then select one...then to go to the next one, I have to start all over, go to the home page, type in the date, etc.... also, it would be nice to see some time of activity reports, daily, weekly, etc...

I am in lead gen and marketing, so its nice to be able to easily export lead info out into a spreadsheet

Quick Base review by Kavitha N.
Kavitha N.

"Simple cloud platform to build apps on "

What do you like best?

Very little training is required for new users to get started with QuickBase. The software is pretty easy to use. QuickBase has an app library which consists of ready-made apps that can be customized according to the user's requirements. They have apps for project management, sales tracking, task tracking and several other business related processes. The QuickBase community is a great place to ask questions and get new ideas for app customization. They also conduct regular webinars where sales engineers pick a problem and show users how to solve it using QuickBase.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't the best. The user dashboard can get a little cluttered at times after displaying the required forms, widgets and graphs. There were times when I had to use a round about way to code mathematical processes because of the constraints in the software's in-built programming. There isn't a lot of technical documentation around for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's best to work with the trial version and see if you're comfortable using it. Look through the QuickBase app library and see if you can find an app whose features resemble your business needs. From my experience, customizing a ready-made app is a lot easier than building one from scratch. It saves you a lot of time and effort.

My supervisor and I worked together to create an app for project management which had to be managed on the basis of three levels i.e. phase tracking, task tracking and sub-task tracking. A second app was created for the HR department to manage employee data. A third app was created for the purpose of project budget estimation and tracking. I also worked on creating another app that focused on tracking revenue data on a quarterly basis for a special project.

Quick Base review by Dave J.
Dave J.

"Building apps for business on your own - yes you can!"

What do you like best?

I've been building and improving the same CRM system for years ... while it is being used ... without a developer, without having a sandbox account, without losing data. Someone (or me) wants something new or changed or updated, I can do it right away, on my own. You can do a lot without coding, and when you do, its pretty straight-forward stuff. Best is the ability to connect Quickbase to other apps in the cloud via APIs (and easily via Zapier), or data-slurping from CSVs ... then you can do Magic. Great flexibility to be the boss of your data, not the other way around.

What do you dislike?

Quickbase apps are hard to share (no github type sharing), the 'app exchange' is a mish mash of stuff to get you started, but you'll quickly be customizing. If you want a canned app, this isn't for you ... the apps you will build can be continually be improved, it can start to be consuming (but everyone will consider you the hero).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose if: 1. Your processes are data centered, but existing apps are limiting. Our product attributes vary so much, a standard product database would never do.

2. You have time to build, expand, and improve as you go along. Basic database needs can be met quickly with QB, but making it a true app takes time

3. You are prepared to be hands-on with the system. This is a feature, not a bug, for running a business app in the cloud in 2017. The good news is that it will make your job easier and less stressful in the long run.

I've built a CRM application that follows the flow of our sales process. I can satisfy salespeople or management quickly with reports, changes, slick improvements. Now I can directly link their efforts with data from our ERP (via CSV sync), rather than forcing them to use it. Way better than going with Salesforce.

Quick Base review by Administrator

"Easy to learn the basics, and there's always more to learn if you want"

What do you like best?

I like that Quickbase is always evolving and adding new and improved features.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better documentation for some features. The trainings are great, but I wish there was an easier way to refer back to something I know I learned in one of the many training videos but need a refresher on -- and I forget which training video it was.

We use Quickbase to pull together information in one place for our employees. We also use it to manage all of our trainings, including assessments, for our employees. We are starting to build some apps that are open to everyone on the internet for feedback purposes, as well as some resource directories. We use Quickbase for many other purposes, but these are a few of the main ones.

Quick Base review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Quickbase is a powerful, user friendly, workflow and process management tool"

What do you like best?

Web based, making it easy to scale and access remotely. App development is intuitive and there are plenty of apps to use as a base for your own.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of third-party Quickbase developers in the UK. This means it can be difficult to develop advanced functionality in the UK. The knowledgeable can be confusing and there is no telephone support for development that I could find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider who will support this product internally and who is capable of planning workflows that can be built in the system. Also consider seeking approval from your organisation to invest in training.

Creative services workflow. We use Quickbase to receive work requests, triage and assign to team members. We use to manage team resource and load balancing. We also use the platform for reporting and analysing trends in the work that is being requested and from where in the business.

Quick Base review by Erin R.
Erin R.

"Our solution is QuickBase"

What do you like best?

The cloud and its offerings are growing more and more as the dynamics of business are changing; QuickBase being a cloud platform lets its users have the anytime anywhere access that is a growing need. QuickBase is a platform so you are not forced to fit into someone’s box or idea of how your company should be run, you are able to create the box to fit your workflow. As we also use QuickBase internally, we have been able to have the system grow and change as the business grows and changes. QuickBase is a fit for companies large and small.

What do you dislike?

The needs of organizations and individuals change often and sometime very fast. The tech industry has had a profound impact on everything that we do in a business, so much so that sometime products do not always keep up. One of the best things about QuickBase is that it is a platform so it has the ability for its own deficiencies to be filled by 3rd party developers. Currently one of the gaps that is filled by 3rd party developers is the ability to create and save a document in PDF, MS Word or MS Excel format. The document saving capability is probably the feature that we have to reach to an outside provider for the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to implement QuickBase, make sure the you have a vision and your team is aligned. You do not need to know how to build the vision, but you need to know what the end result that you want to be is, and more importantly your team needs to be aligned in the vision.

For our company alone, it has probably saved us one or two FTE each and every year. The ability to collaborate and transfer information from one staff member to another without each person keeping the information in their own silo and holding on to the company information in their own format has kept communication at a very highly functional level.

Quick Base review by Sienna K.
Sienna K.

"Simple Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

Quickbase is very easy to use with little to no learning curve. It supports a ton of file types which is great when working with a graphic designer or print work and supports very large files. Offers tools to help you track project status and archives past projects that can be found again if needed in future.

What do you dislike?

Not super great for team collaboration. You can tag users and leave comments, but sometimes the threads can get a bit messy and confusing. I also wish there were a way to bulk upload (unless this has been fixed and I am not aware). It can be a pain to upload one by one especially if the work has a lot of versions. For example, we often send out postcards that are all the same project but each one has a different city listed on it. Would be nice to upload in one go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well-rounded project management tool but only works as well as its users. This means for it to be efficient users need to commit to using it for the entire workflow process through project completion, which means logging in and actually uploading, commenting, and tracking. This very much depends on the employees' commitment and company culture.

A nice tool to use with freelancers since you can easily create them an account and collaborate with them this way. It is also very easy to use.

Supports a lot of file types which is great for complex graphics files, images, etc...

Helps us work the freelancers who are off-site since we can easily provision access and manage our projects with them. Works well in-house as well as we have requests come in from different departments. It keeps all parties accountable and gives us a record of projects completed in the past in case we need to call upon them.

Quick Base review by Eric T.
Eric T.

"Terrific Platform for all companies"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and helps organize data very well. So much better than excel spreadsheets when having multiple users enter and edit and delete data on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of right now. It's very user friendly and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give Quick Base a try and I am confident you will find it much more useful than excel or any other type of platform you are using now.

Better than using Excel spreadsheets for having multiple users involved in entering, editing, and deleting data for our clients and internal employees. We use it for a lot of things and will continue to utilize it for many more going forward. Great platform which can be useful for all companies.

Quick Base review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"QuickBase the one true choice"

What do you like best?

Most setup can be done with no code or low code solutions.

Can setup a new application within a few hours.

Offers a solution for about all use cases. I have yet to have a problem I could not solve using QuickBase.

What do you dislike?

Current mobile applications are lacking, but I know are currently being worked on.

Occasionally when I need real coding to get things done I can't, but there are many support companies that can help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBase is a great, easy to use, and very versatile product that allows the user to fully configure anyway they can dream.

QuickBase is the backbone of our entire organization. It is currently used for manufacturing, purchasing, fulfillment, pre-sales and post-sales activities, customer support, asset tracking, document control, HR, etc. QuickBase allows for the entire organization to be able see the same data seamlessly whether they are home based or in the field.

Quick Base review by Alex M.
Alex M.

""The World Runs on Quick Base""

What do you like best?

We now have the ability to answer questions that, before Quick Base, we didn't even know how to ask. The platform is so flexible and powerful that it's applicable to virtually any business practice or workflow. Our QB app is a scalable and transparent single source of truth for everything from high level marketing strategy to daily employee attendance.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of work to do to improve the mobile experience, though to their credit it appears development there is ongoing. As a small company, we'd also benefit greatly from a more flexible licensing model.

We've been able to spread Quick Base across our (small) organization, capturing additional processes and eliminating spreadsheets (and even in some cases HARD COPY work) as we go.

Quick Base review by David H.
David H.

"Haven't used Excel to manage data ever since I began using QuickBase. That was 11 years ago. "

What do you like best?

QuickBase is probably the easiest end-user friendly SaaS RDMS on the market. I've developed business applications on the salesforce.com platform as well as the QuickBase platform, and I find QuickBase considerably easier to use and just as effective in creating business apps.

What do you dislike?

Not much, but I have had clients comment on the aesthetics of the UI, and the inability to configure the UI color scheme. That said, QuickBase will be releasing a new UI that will be an improvement over its current state, both in the aesthetics as well as in a more consistent look & feel between the desktop UI and the mobile device UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBase offers a 30-day trial period with no strings attached, so trying it out costs nothing but an investment of time to experience what and how it can be applied within your group/organization.

That's one of the great things about the QuickBase platform - I haven't run into a business problem yet that hasn't been able to benefit from a QB app, and this has been from simple apps such as Project Management, or Issues Management, or CRM, to more complex apps (or suite of apps) to address business needs such as Professional Services Automation (mini-ERP essentially), or Strategic Planning, or Organization Design. And the benefits realized are considerable when a user or an executive is able to see not just data, but 'information' from which they can make informed business decisions. QB apps can be an enabler to timely and effective decision making within an organization.

Quick Base review by User

"My QuickBase Review "

What do you like best?

QuickBase has been wonderful in my role as a program manager. With so many people working on different parts of our projects, it's really nice to have a central system for everyone to work from and to store all of the important project data.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that could be streamlined. The first thing that's coming to my mind right now is that when adding new people to a project, it requires you to add the position, save and exit, then return to the project to enter the team member's name rather than allowing you to just enter everything and save then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick Base is wonderful! As with anything, it takes time to learn and understand. There are a lot of features that I haven't even used yet, but it's great because there is so much that is available to help provide you with what you are needing to accomplish your work.

Quickbase streamlines our work by providing us with a central program that we as a company can utilize for project management. All of our program information is in one shared space and this sames us a lot of time in the span of our programs.

Quick Base review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"A powerful tool that is simple and fun to build"

What do you like best?

Quick Base has powerful tools for citizen developers that make it easy to build extremely complex and detailed workflows while remaining easy to follow for end users. The company has a fantastic community, and a great help desk that can assist with most if not all of your problems. Cost if also very competitive. Quick Base also integrates with many different cloud based systems. Quick Base has a great API which allows it to connect to many other systems.

What do you dislike?

Account admins should have better tools to manage their users and accounts. The native charting features can be lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask yourself about all the current processes to see if Quick Base can replace them. The more teams that are using Quick Base the better.

We started just with one workflow and it has since exploded into a fully integrated workflow, data management, contact management and various other business operations environment. The entire company is entrenched with Quick Base and it is only growing.

Quick Base review by Blake H.
Blake H.

"Great Platform with Lots of Potential"

What do you like best?

QuickBase's interface has truly been setup to allow the majority of Citizen Developers to quickly and easily begin building business applications.

What do you dislike?

While the product claims to be targeted to Citizen Developers first, in truth, building complex business systems requires at least some passing experience in fields like business analysis. Additionally, users that don't have a firm grasp on the concepts of relational databases will find building anything other than a basic app daunting (though, this goes for most of QuickBase's peers, as well).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smaller companies should not be afraid to try their service. While companies with larger development budgets or IT departments may see MORE benefit, smaller companies will be able to reap many benefits from utilizing their service to build business applications. I will suggest, however, that the smaller clients keep in mind they may need assistance from someone like a QSP in order to realize their full potential on the platform.

I use QuickBase to solve BPM issues for my clients. I am part of QuickBase's QSP program and work with QuickBase customers to develop everything from standard CRMs to custom integrations with 3rd party software. Most of my clients have seen an enormous benefit with respect to data quality and time saved in processing paperwork and reporting.

Quick Base review by Chun Man C.
Chun Man C.

"Business Process Automation the Easy Way"

What do you like best?

For QuickBase app builders, It's easy to pick up, especially for those who like to learn by doing. Start by uploading a spreadsheet and play around with charts, reports, then on to designing input forms, etc. The recorded and live QuickBase webminars with demos help a lot!

For QuickBase users, it's very easy to use and navigate, and pretty to look at, and easier to use than a conventional database.

What do you dislike?

As more users use it, more interesting ideas come up and not all of those can be accommodated with the existing functionality. The current charting functions could be enhanced to support more data series and groupings. The brand-new still-in-beta Webhooks function should allow reminders related to a timing event in addition to a record create/update/delete event.

I can see the QuickBase dev team is working to address these issues though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer really. Put a stop to the spreadsheet emailing cycles and build QuickBase apps instead!

I have built a dozen business process automation QuickBase apps already:

E.g. A hardware asset, software license and support contract tracking app that report on licenses that need renewing in the next 90 days, what step purchases are at in procurement along with all the quotations and invoices received. Not more missed renewals and expired licenses.

E.g. A vacation tracker that lets our team submit vacation requests to our project manager. With the brand-new still-in-beta Webhooks integrations and a cron job, new vacation requests and upcoming vacation reminders are sent into a HipChat team room.

Quick Base review by Craig E.
Craig E.

"Great product, great support"

What do you like best?

Simple software design allowed us to create a bespoke database that met our exact needs without the requirement of hiring an IT consultant to do the work for us. We kept the database design in house and continually develop the software for our needs.

What do you dislike?

There are not many style options within the software, the layout of the database could be a tad more user friendly to make data more readable. There is also no option to email customers from within the software, this still has to be done via an external email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software and great support. Tailor the software to meet your every needs. So many great features and thousands of apps already developed for you to take advantage of.

We have automated all of our processes into one database, reducing duplicate data entry and maximising efficiency. We have now created numerous databases, most importantly one which manages our brand protection department and allows us to keep track of any misuse of our brand.

Quick Base review by User

"Works Well To Keep Projects On Track"

What do you like best?

QuickBase is fairly simple to use once you understand how it is set up. It makes it really easy to see the progress of a project and you know exactly where a project is at down the line of programming, design, testing and pushing changes live. It is also simple to see who is working on what and when so when there are questions, they can be easily addressed.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most user friendly to figure out how to work it. You really need a tutorial to understand everything that it does. That being said, it does it well. It also drives me nuts that a group members name is shown first name first in some areas, but last name first in others. Some consistency in that would help with my OCD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely good at keeping an organized and detailed running tally of all projects in the works.

We are able to manage dozens of projects at a time. We are able to pick up projects as they become available and complete them in groups keeping things in order and sticking with given due dates.

Quick Base review by Gordon T.
Gordon T.

"Leads Management"

What do you like best?

Quickbase allows management of customer contacts, flags customers for follow-up, allows daily input and modification of scheduled workflow; provides several levels of analytics to gauge company success in marketing efforts and sales.

What do you dislike?

The few times a year the servers go down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to keep track of customers and end to end disposition of customer relationships, referrals.

Quick Base review by Gaurav S.
Gaurav S.

"Any Body Can Build App!"

What do you like best?

Hello Everyone,

I love QuickBase because everyone can build apps on the QuickBase. It provides a seamlessly

What do you dislike?

UI and QuickBase can provide more option to developers So, developers can code more to build and customize the app as per end user needs.

If we have a code base of some part of QuickBase then, we can build a very good app for all.

But, in the last please improve the UI or give us the option to customize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use and everyone can build the app for their process.

We have built our own HRMS and also managing the process of other departments.

We can build an app in very less time. Low code platform.

Quick Base review by andre h.
andre h.

"What I think of QuickBase"

What do you like best?

This software is a very easy and straight forward software to use. It is great for record keeping and data gathering. It cant be used a ticketing system if you are trying to track issues in your company. I am happy that you are able to access this software off site and also easy to use from a mobile device.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the search system. It is hard to look up a case without the case number. It is not impossible to locate the case but it is much harder than if you could use other details to help.

This helps with managing cases and ticketing for ongoing issues and well as holds records for history purposes.

Quick Base review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"QuickBase Rules! Spreadsheets Drool!"

What do you like best?

With QuickBase you can easily pull reports of the data you need to see! Because it is so versatile with reporting you can pull up a report with certain criteria and then change that criteria quickly in order to create a whole new report! QuickBase is very easy to use and allows you to easily manage a LOT of data. Make sure you get the right plan for you company needs.

What do you dislike?

I need forms to be MORE customizable. Drag and drop fields would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting the right size QuickBase Plan is key to being successful. Too small and you don't get enough features, too big and you are wasting money on things you may not need unless you plan to scale.

We currently use QB mostly as a CRM solution, but I can and do create QuickBase for anything that people would normally create a spreadsheet. Recently I have added a couple of tables to handle automated office supply order tracking and a time sheet app for our HR Department. Always looking for people that use spreadsheets in my company and creating simple QuickBase solutions for them.

Recently we had a form that our Field Techs were having to fill out BY HAND and FAX in to their Supervisor. NO MORE! They know fill out a QuickBase record from their MOBILE phone and QuickBase does the rest. Now their supervisor can get data from the information filled on on the fly in the field. Beautiful! No need for paper or filing cabinets here!

Quick Base review by Greg V.
Greg V.

"Best way to quickly unlock your data and accelerate your business"

What do you like best?

I have used Quickbase at 2 different companies now; one a non profit and the other for profit. We were able to quickly setup and use Quickbase to provide data to employees that was previously locked away in other systems. I like that we can make changes on the fly to requests and respond to employee needs in a timely manner, Even better, once we have shown a few people how to build apps it tends to spread and the need for IT to manage the process starts to fade away. It has allowed employees to ask deeper questions because they see the data in front of them and don't need to wait for someone else to run a report for them and then email them an excel file.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I have is sometimes the flexibility is not always what I want, this tends to only happen when we have issues that are at the bleeding edge of functionality. However, because of great partners we have found ways to get around most of our issues, with things like exactforms plus. Generally speaking there is always a way to get something done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and people will love it because it makes doing their jobs easier.

Our biggest business problem we have solved is getting data out of legacy systems and visible to the company. When we don't need to wait for people to update an excel spreadsheet and pass it around it allows the business to work faster. We are in a time sensitive industry and being able to have people on the road make changes or approve things makes us better. It also allows us to be smarter, we can see everything at a glace and do deep dives on information if necessary. We have empowered users to make new data discoveries.

Quick Base review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Running a company on QuickBase"

What do you like best?

This is a high-code program that someone like myself, with no coding background, can easily create apps that create performance boosts in any aspect of the business flow. After gaining experience in the system, I self-taught how to make it more efficient and with the our amazing account manager and sales engineer fine tuned even more.

What do you dislike?

When building multiple reports, the single drag feature can become quite cumbersome. To have a multi drag feature or even Ctrl click to select multiple at once throughout the list would be great.

Also, the search feature can be a little annoying. It is an auto search and if one letter or number is incorrect you have to wait for the page to load and then erase and re-type. I like how the mobile version allows you to toy type then click search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that does it, QuickBase is the answer. The reliability of customer service is above all standards and the ease of learning to manager makes me feel like a programmer. The direction QuickBase goes is based on it's customers reviews and make it happen.

We are a consulting and outsourcing services company that handles thousands of locations billing and management of utilities. Solving solutions such as time usage dealing with service issues, over charging in costs, auditing, and full program management dealing with contracts and environmental footprint.

With QuickBase, not only has the client recognized the benefit of what out company does for them by saving 90% of the time they dealt with the service we now provide, we have cut our time providing this service by 66% when enetering data, pulling reports, and handling customer service issues. This offers even greater benifits to our clients because we are able to give them more attention and be a true client advocate.

Quick Base review by Lauren P H.
Lauren P H.

"Quick Base Developer"

What do you like best?

Quick Base is flexible and scalable in ways that most platforms are not. It is easy for most users to learn how to be builders and they can empower their company moving forward.

What do you dislike?

Could have better email and mobile functions. They have made improvements to both and they are continuing to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can dream it, Quick Base can do it.

Order Tracking, Accountability across teams, eliminating duplicate entry, streamlining systems. Multiple jobs and multiple access points for the system.

Quick Base review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Advanced Beginner - really well done, flexible app builder"

What do you like best?

A few things -

Their "App Exchange" is an open resource of pre-formatted apps that can easily be customized for your needs. The company culture is all abourt working together and finding clever solutions to common issues - at an affordable price.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced needs are beyond my technical ability, but QBase has tons of resources to help you come up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very simple to begin slowly w an Exchange template and customize for your needs. Also recommend drawing out (literally) - the process and expectations for your finished app. Review your approach w business users - only THEN begin to build out tables, relationships and additional features. Don't expect the first version you build to be a finished product: We have found QBase works best in a state of constant improvement and tweeking as users submit their needs and desires. Also - their Community is great support tool, as well as their annual Conference.

Many - from employee onboarding to job tracking and asset mgmt. Efficiencies and standardization are the best benefits to date. Also - FINALLY have one collective - NON-PAPER - repository for all company info and data.

Quick Base review by User in Computer Software

"Great product"

What do you like best?

We use quick base specifically for accounting and budget keeping purposes. I love that everything is in one place - especially communication surrounding the budget. We use it to put our marketing tickets in so that they can be easily tracked and accounting can pay for them. Nothing gets lost. This program is accessible from any internet connection and does not require a download. You can upload an invoice directly with your budget ticket submission. It even allows you to communicate directly with accounting on the platform. It will send you notifications to your email to let you know when things have changed or if someone else has commented on a specific ticket.

What do you dislike?

I think this is overall a great product. Unfortunately, it adds yet another product to our long list of products we use. We wish we could be able to stream line some, but this is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to stream line your budget. It allows your team to stay organized and everything budget related stays in one place.

Communication in regards to budgeting. There are no longer lost emails of communicating budget needs, changes, and invoices. This definitely solves our issues in this regards. With so many products and so many people on our team, our accountant was struggling with keeping up with all the budget ticket requests. We were using emails to communicate and some times things were said in calls or meeting and were not recorded.

Quick Base review by Stephen P.
Stephen P.

"Excellent Tool for Easily Developing Custom Applications"

What do you like best?

Quickbase allows you to develop apps for just about anything you can think of or more importantly anything you need. The ability to quickly and easily manipulate data in a meaningful way is incredible. The speed of the website is extremely responsive for how much data your working with. Sometimes you forget your working within a database that isn't in the same LAN you're on. Their Security is some of the best in the business.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that they could work on:

Report Customization - While you most certainly can get the data you need, the ability to format that data in a more visually appealing way is very limited

Dedicated Mobile App - I know this is in the works and what is available currently does work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try everything else you can find and try quickbase last. I went through a LOT of other softwares trying to shoe horn our business into their models but there is nothing as comprehensive or as easy to customize as quickbase.

We work in the Security Industry, Access Control, Video Surveillance & Intrusion. Its exceptionally difficult (Near impossible) to find any Of the Shelf software that can handle all of the nuances that exist in this business. The ability to Create a custom process based on the way we need to work for our clients is unmatched when using Quickbase.

Quick Base review by Bonnie G.
Bonnie G.

"Good product but still lacking in fuctionality"

What do you like best?

QuickBase allowed me to easily set up databases from project management tools to data tracking tools. The "coding" was very simple once you got the basic idea. We were looking for a solution to replace Microsoft Access because it's most useful functions seemed to be depleted with each new version.

What do you dislike?

There was still a lot of functions that were lacking in the database software. Some very simple mathematical calculations were made very difficult and formatting reports had serious limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is a basic form/database system, the web-based service is really nice. Also, if you fall into one of their categories where database templates already exist, it will be a very smooth transition.

We had been using Access to track project performance and payments but as Access started moving to the cloud, it got very expensive to add clients as users and basic security functionality was being limited. As a small business, we just wanted to set up a database that could track data and produce reports.

Quick Base review by Administrator in Computer Software

"QuickBase Makes Life Easy"

What do you like best?

It's hard to say what I like best. Maybe it's that when The Boss asks for a report, 99% of the time I can have it to him in under a minute? Maybe it's that The Other Boss says, several times a day, "I LOVE QuickBase!"?

What we as a company like best is that all our customer and prospect data is in one application, with clean data records, standardized fields, and user-friendly data access and reporting. We are looking forward to implementing QuickBase in more imaginative ways to help our business processes, and are investigating the possibilities of using QB Sync to further integrate out systems.

Oh, and we really like the dynamically updating search results on the home screens.

What do you dislike?

Not much. A couple of the report-generating mechanisms are not exactly intuitive, with hidden buttons that don't appear until you need them - but if you don't know they are there, you don't know that you *can* (eventually) use them. We also are not fans of faint gray text (like what is being used here!!!). People of a certain age can't read thin pale gray text on a cream background very easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan. Consider using a consultant if you are migrating data from another system. Make good use of QB webinars, knowledge base, and online help. Attend seminars and conferences. Don't try to use every feature - pick the ones that are most applicable to your situation and leave the others. Feel comfortable with excel, if possible.

We are solving an enterprise-wide data mismatch problem, where prospect data and customer data had no connection with each other. Having it all in one place, with everything entered using the same conventions, has removed all sorts of obstacles to ongoing CRM issues.

We all have access to the same information, we can cover for each other since it's all right there, and we have good records of what has been done, where we are in the various processes, and more.

Quick Base review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Super easy way to build customized cloud-based applications"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to build a highly customized application. We are a marketing team that serves as a "shared service center," so we needed a tool that provides both a front-end to capture "tickets" and a back-end to manage our projects. We couldn't find any existing tools that would work with this, so we turned to Quickbase to build our own. It has worked exceptionally well for us.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were some more automated abilities that push Quickbase past being solely a database platform. For example, it would be great if we could build in workflows so that when someone submits a new ticket, it would automatically assign multiple tasks in a sub-table based on a workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to put some work into setting the system up up front. However, it is actually relatively easy to do, and the customizability is excellent. The only downside is that it's really just a powerful database - concepts like macros or similar do not exist in Quickbase.

Quickbase serves jointly as a helpdesk and project management solution for us. It has been enormously helpful.

Learning about Quick Base?

* We monitor all Quick Base reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.