QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software is Quickbooks answer to nonprofit organization's fund accounting problems

Work for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software?

Learning about QuickBooks?

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software Reviews

Showing 36 QuickBooks reviews
QuickBooks review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"Quickbooks as our accounting Software"

What do you like best?

It does a good job keeping track of our Expenses and income. it was decent with inventory management, but we use Acctivate for that now. I also like the vendor center for Purchase orders and keeping track of expenses with vendors. The built-in instant messenger turned out to be a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tracking of inventory was complex and it did not have a very good built in CRM. We now use Acctivate as our CRM and inventory management.

Keeps track of our expenses and income overall, can just hand our accountant the info needed right from QuickBooks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software
QuickBooks review by Holly C.
Holly C.

"Quickbooks for a Church of 200 Members"

What do you like best?

What do I like best about Quickbooks Non-Profit? I like that it's fairly intuitive to use. We use Quickbooks to track our income and expenses, b ut we love that it has the capacity to grow with us as our financial situation becomes more complicated. I also like that it updates in real-time so that we can easily check on our account statuses without logging into our bank account. I like that I can put in transactions as they happen (i.e. writing checks, making transfers, etc).

What do you dislike?

I wish that Quickbooks linked up better with our credit card processor, Stripe. We receive a large number of giving donations through Stripe, but I still have to manually enter in each online transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Quickbooks to track income- check to see what online giving platforms Quickbooks supports. We have had quite the time figuring out our giving platform and having it integrate with QB. We had to do a LOT of manual data entry before we figured out the best fit.

Also, have an accountant set up your "Chart of Accounts" so that everything is set as it should be.

It is much easier to have a clear snapshot of our financial picture. We love that we can see historical data on how we were spending in years past. I like that it takes care of all of our taxes and I love that we are able to run Payroll in-house

What Nonprofit Accounting solution do you use?

QuickBooks review by Mark D.
Mark D.

"Solid software with great ties to web"

What do you like best?

I like that I can work on things on the desktop, phone and web, so I can stay up on my numbers from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I think there is room for explanations as to how to properly categorize expenses for those who lack accounting experience. I come from a design background but have to interact with expenses and COGs. Tips would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would buy it. It’s a great solution.

We use it as our primary accounting and application for preparing documents for outside tax professionals.

Consultant in Accounting

"My experience has been a mostly positive one."

What do you like best?

I like that all modules are integrated and it is user friendly, so my clients who are less tech-savvy can still use this product. The audit firm also has Quickbooks, so we can just send them a backup or an accountant's copy and they can run all of the reports they want and dig into transactions themselves without using our staff time to get this information for them.

What do you dislike?

Cannot do automatic payroll accruals, cost allocations are not the easiest in the software, they discontinued Quickbooks sync manager (which was a very useful feature for integrating with third party softwares), import files have to be in IIF format rather than excel, standard keyboard shortcuts bring up different screens rather than performing the function you are used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a good option for an accounting system for a small nonprofit but larger companies may run into issues.

Job costing is possible in Quickbooks non profit

QuickBooks review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"GREAT For any nonprofit group! "

What do you like best?

Honestly i loved the ease of use of the software, and how it prepares an individual with basic accounting skills to be able to properly document all their expenditures and also their income. Would love to see more advanced version for different size nonprofit groups and also take into account the extra cost.

What do you dislike?

That it is too similiar to for profit quickbook, and that some things have to be viewed like for profit corporations do. I have to say that i like that you can change the colors and that makes it easier to view points but would like to see other small things that we would be allowed to change. I also would like to see more tutorials released by/partnered with other companies for the smaller nonprofit groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, but only if your organization can afford it, there are alot of extra cost which i wish QB would consider lowering for nonprofit groups such as ours.

well we are keeping on file all the money that is coming in and out of our nonprofit groups, but most importantly we are also seeing the amount of expenses that are coming in and out of our organization. Found how to trigger more donations during certain expense gap.

QuickBooks review by Cassy W.
Cassy W.

"Amazing Product!"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Nonprofit is a user friendly program that almost anyone can learn to use. It takes care of all of the financial software needs for our church and does it well! My favorite feature is the reports feature. I can quickly look into the balance in various vendor accounts, track how much we have spent for different missions, and so much more!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the program offered more ways to customize the look and feel of the program. This doesn't affect the way the software works AT ALL but is the only thing I can think of that would be nice to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product to others! It is worth every penny when it comes to record keeping!

We use QuickBooks to replace the old paper tracking that we were using for our financials at the church. QuickBooks has proven to be quicker, more reliable, and so much easier! Reports are a great feature!

QuickBooks review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Good all around"

What do you like best?

It's super flexible, pretty intuitive for non-accountants to use and be successful with. The reporting is very flexible, allowing you to create a number of reports. It has audit tracking to see the history of how activities and entries have been made. It's the accounting product that's easily understood from CPAs, to bookkeepers, to newbies, to practitioners.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a lot of great internal controls built in—it's flexibility can become it's weakness if you ever try to perform a thorough review and audit tracking (it has this, but limited), it's not as robust as a full-blown accounting system. Not a terrible thing, but the offset of having so much flexibility.

Otherwise I think it's pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely something to evaluate. However, do consider all the aspects (donor management, donor relationship, asset tracking, etc.) that you'll need. This will satisfy the accounting, but it may not be the best bet for everything...everyone can only do some many things really well. After that, you should think of the best of breeds so you don't have to suffer through one module that really sucks.

QuickBooks is notorious for having a million different differentiated products which all perform nearly the same identical process. However, you need to be mindful of this as there's a nonprofit version, a for profit version, add ons, different versions (2015 edition, 2016 edition, etc.), Premier, Pro, Enterprise, Online, etc.

Intuit obviously has not read that offering fewer products can make more sales :)

QuickBooks review by Lora Z.
Lora Z.

"Quickbooks is what you need"

What do you like best?

Automatic download of all of our transactions and excellent reporting options. For a non-profit it is very important that reports be accurate

What do you dislike?

sometimes I have to re-connect the bank which is a bit annoying. Also, sometimes the reporting structure can be a bit confusing.

As Treasurer, I am able to automatically download our transactions. Then I am able to categorize our transactions and easily report on them

QuickBooks review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"Great experience "

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily write up a bid for a job in minutes. This program is amazing because it keeps your receipts from the all your jobs

What do you dislike?

They could make the system more user friendly. When I used this program it was hard to edit, save, share, and print. We we’re always having issues give customers their copies.

This system has a platform that allows you to give bids and write up info for the customers to have. It’s alot easier then having create some template in word doc.

QuickBooks review by Darla S.
Darla S.

"Great for shadow accounting!"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. I like the memorized reports option since we run the same reports each quarter.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I know it has more features than we use. I'd like more time in a day to learn about these features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works well for a small nonprofit with a small budget.

We utilize the program to manage our donations to our scholarship funds and also the award disbursements. These reports are accurate and allow us to converse with our investment manager who generates our quarterly fund performance reports.

QuickBooks review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Quickbooks Non-Profit is exactly what we need...no more, no less"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Non-Profit has the reports we need and doesn't bulk up the screen or the RAM with unnecessary features or reports that I will never use. I find Quickbooks itself to be easy to use once you get the basics of how it works.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to correct mistakes, and if you accidentally delete something, it cannot be recovered.

I use Quickbooks all day every day. I am able to quickly and easily export reports into Excel, adjust our budget as needed, reconcile our bank accounts, pay bills, and more. The benefits of Quickbooks are that it is easy to use, and you do not require additional training every time there is an upgrade.

QuickBooks review by Margaux M.
Margaux M.

"QuickBooks Desktop works just as well at a lower cost"

What do you like best?

This is a robust program,.. and I would only recommend it for 501 C4 because they're the only ones who can afford such luxury.

What do you dislike?

This is a huge program for a non-profit to tackle. It is unnecessary. QuickBooks desktop works just fine for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend that nonprofits use this product. There are other sorts of businesses that do very well on Enterprise for desktop.

I'm not using this for my nonprofits

QuickBooks review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Easy for a new bookkeeper"

What do you like best?

The reporting tools are highly functional and easy to use. It is very easy to pay invoices and make deposits, everything is located logically and is easy to find what tools you need to operate.

What do you dislike?

Logging future payments and conditional costs can be annoying. The site can be slow to load when you need to do rebust things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time before you get started to familiarize yourself with all the functionality - some abilities you will want to avoid using, others will save you time if you learn about them before you go looking for them.

The simplicity of the program allowed our foundation to use an employee with little accounting background as the bookkeeper. Because of the ease of use, what started as a simple stop gag gradually became a regular part of a staff person, removing the need to hire an outside accountant except for the annual financial review.

QuickBooks review by User in Research
User in Research

"Good time keeping software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can run custom reports on my projects to quickly analyze the budget

What do you dislike?

We aren't supposed to update at my firm unless told to do so, so I dislike that it's always asking me to update

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty sure updates cost money

I'm able to analyze project budgets much quicker with QuickBooks - so it saves me time and budget

"good"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is that its reliable and very accurate. It does have times in which some features fail but once restarted it does go through. It helps to calculate and spot issues with calculations even more when you havent noticed ans keep on going. It automatically calculates values too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a long time to load and it crashes. It wont perform an action so by restarting it would solve it most of the time.

Processing payroll is much easier and also allocating funds. Also processing checks and coding is easier too

QuickBooks review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Easy to use and full of features"

What do you like best?

This product is very intuitive and easy to navigate. I'm a general QuickBooks novice, and not our main bookkeeper. I mainly use QuickBooks to reconcile my donor contributions and run reports, such as a profit and loss or balance statement. I self-taught myself by simply browsing around. I love the find feature to locate a check number that may have been inputted in the wrong name. Great program.

What do you dislike?

Changing names can be a bit challenging, although it can be done. We had duplicate names for some donors and it took a while to consolidate it. Sometimes it can be hard to find a name unless you have the exact spelling.

It's super easy to run reports for the current fiscal year and also compare to previous years. I love having it in two locations and having multi-user mode, so I can reconcile my files on one computer without disturbing our secretary who is using QuickBooks on another comptuer.

QuickBooks review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"QB Enterprise"

What do you like best?

QB is very user friendly and is well designed for small business (we use it for $20M )

What do you dislike?

Customer service is not very good. Also the Fixed Assett Model def needs some ramping up. Ig you are going to provide a product, have people who know it as CS reps

Accounting

QuickBooks review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great for small to mid size"

What do you like best?

The ability to track vendors and customers. Create invoices and track all the accounting reports that are needed for a non profit.

What do you dislike?

That you are required to change the password frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for a small to mid size non profit or business. It is very easy to learn and has great support.

We do all our account through QuickBooks. There are many benefits. The main on it the ability to create very detailed reports.

QuickBooks review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"Great Product, easy to use"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product and the easy of implementation from the view point of administrator who came over from a B2B. Based on that I was able to implement with ease. Hopefully in the future they have further help in other languages as well.

What do you dislike?

Pricing could be altered to better fit nonprofit needs for the long term. Also, documentation could be improved upon that is especially written to help nonprofit administrators.

Helping my nonprofit grow to be able to receive donations. Now my company is more productive. I was trying to solve long term needs with regards to recurring donations. Currently with the aid of this product I believe that my company will be able to grow.

QuickBooks review by Camille C.
Camille C.

"Good System with a few mis-steps"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the reporting. As an accountant Intuit makes reporting very easy and simple. Creating invoices, entering deposits and expenses, and reconciling bank accounts are very simple to do with Intuit.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the site lags sometimes. It mainly happens when it first starts up and right before pulling reports. I dislike how easy it is to change things that you shouldn't be able to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be pricy but it definitely worth the money. It makes accounting very easy with how user friendly the software is.

Intuit allows us to create different classes for expenses and deposits which is helpful when pulling reports for different productions that we have.

QuickBooks review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Quickbooks Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for this product as it allows for a great consumer experience.

What do you dislike?

I am not really a fan of the fact that this product in particular is a desktop tool. QBO is actually a much better tool due to its flexibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do your due diligence as it may not be for everyone. Quickbooks Online offers the same product but slightly more conducive to my work style.

Help manage expenses, keep them organized and in a consistent flow.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"The system is very user friendly and is designed for complete financials."

What do you like best?

The ability to customize reports to get the information I need for specific projects that I have to handle each month.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the correcting an error takes more steps than I feel should be necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is designed for non-profit accounting with the ability to customize to any special needs you might have

It is our accounting system as well as tracking system for our restricted funds. The ability to customize reports towards a specific situation.

QuickBooks review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Good quality, easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for both new users and beginners is perfect. The non-profit extras can be customized using basic QB, but this is a nice touch.

What do you dislike?

Can be bulky, slow to load, a bit ornery at times, but subsequent annual upgrades have addressed many of these issues.

Dealing with budgeting, forecasting, proper tracking of expenditures. The quality of answers has never been better for my organization.

Consultant in Accounting

"QB desktop Enterprise Edition for non-profits"

What do you like best?

Desktop Enterprise is full-featured and a powerful accounting system that can handle all accounting treatment required by non-profits

It can accommodate a vast amount of data and maintain large donor lists

Mail merge can be used to solicit donations from Customer list

What do you dislike?

Does not produce an exact Cash-based Balance Sheet which makes separation of restricted and unrestricted funds

Cash control

Customizable report formatting for both management and public reporting

QuickBooks review by Maribel R.
Maribel R.

"Very easy to use for accounting! "

What do you like best?

Invoices are super easy process and keep organized! No more papers!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about it! It's really user friendly.

Paying for vendors services has never been easier!

QuickBooks review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Quickbooks is great, but could use some additional nonprofit-specific features."

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is a huge improvement on the bookkeeping software we were using previously. There is a learning curve, but it is relatively easy to use and customize.

What do you dislike?

It's not very intuitive for non-profit use. I would like to see more features specific to non-profits in the non-profit edition.

Quickbooks has saved us a lot of time compared to previous softwares, and allows us to produce quality reports for our members and board. It also interacts well with IRS forms for nonprofits.

QuickBooks review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Intuitive"

What do you like best?

The software is fairly intuitive and it is nice there are different versions for diffierent sectors, i.e. nonprofit.

What do you dislike?

I feel it could be further simplified in some aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your needs and be honest about the time you have to invest in the software to make it what you want it to be.

As a small nonprofit the software allows us to track and transfer information regarding various items. It is much more than just a simply accounting tool for us.

QuickBooks review by Agency in Hospital & Health Care
Agency in Hospital & Health Care

"It’s a great software to keep a track of your expenses"

What do you like best?

We like the way it scans the receipts so we can keep track of the expenses. You can even send payments and invoices which is again great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point. The software is great!

Easier to pay your employees, easier to communicate with your accountants and easier to keep track of your sales and expenditures.

Consultant in Accounting

"Awesome version of quickbooks for NFPs"

What do you like best?

This has special features that are applicable for not for profits such as functional expense allocation. This saves us a lot of time during our audit and quarterly financial reporting.

What do you dislike?

Nothing-- this is a great program. I have yet to find something I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will save you a lot of time to switch from whatever software you are currently using.

Financial reporting, providing information to auditors, board analytics.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

The nonprofit edition is tailored to meet the needs of nonprofit accounting and financial management.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of time to get oriented with all the features of the software.

Benefits of the Quickbooks nonprofit software is that allows us to track A/P, A/R, in-kind donations, grant income, etc. in an effective way that makes more sense for our budget, monthly reports, and grant tracking.

QuickBooks review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"QB is easy to understand, and provides excellent reporting."

What do you like best?

The reporting tools in Quickbooks allow me to customize the reporting of financial data in a manner that is meaningful to the non-financial members of the board.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality is "clunky," such as recording pledges that will be collected later. Since we don't "bill" pledges, there is not a good way to eliminate the recording of them when they are not collected.

This is a good one-stop solution for church financial management.

QuickBooks review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use, user friendly and well-rounded"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is very easy to navigate and use. Everything is straightforward and if you have any questions on how to accomplish something their help files are stellar.

What do you dislike?

The menu layout isn't very well organized.

General accounting, check writing, bank reconciliations, P&L reports.

QuickBooks review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Reliable Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks is the gold standard for accounting. Payroll tables make it easy to Process and manage paying employees.

What do you dislike?

Having to upgrade yearly just to get updated payroll rates is a bit of a scam.

Tracking grant income and expenses is the biggest issue that Quickbooks helps us with, ensuring our projects stay on budget.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Comprehensive product for small to mid-sized NGO's"

What do you like best?

Can track financial detail down to donor, class, job far better than QuickBooks for-profit versions. Great payroll interface, as well.

What do you dislike?

The only downside of this software, is that it best suited for small to mid-sized orgs; larger orgs might find it restrictive.

Being able to track employee time as it relates to payroll, across job, class and donor.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

This program is very user friendly and has very little learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features could be updated and some additional feature could be added.

We use this software mainly for program managment and it has been very useful.

"godd"

What do you like best?

ease of use I appreciated I did not have to be a developer to use

What do you dislike?

simplicity in some cases it was almost to easy

accurate books

Learning about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software?

* We monitor all QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.