QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software is Quickbooks answer to nonprofit organization's fund accounting problems

Work for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software?
Netsuitefornonprofits leader  nonprofitaccounting  2x

Learning about QuickBooks?

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software Reviews

Showing 35 QuickBooks reviews
QuickBooks review by <span>Holly C.</span>
Holly C.

Quickbooks for a Church of 200 Members

What do you like best?

What do I like best about Quickbooks Non-Profit? I like that it's fairly intuitive to use. We use Quickbooks to track our income and expenses, b ut we love that it has the capacity to grow with us as our financial situation becomes more complicated. I also like that it updates in real-time so that we can easily check on our account statuses without logging into our bank account. I like that I can put in transactions as they happen (i.e. writing checks, making transfers, etc).

What do you dislike?

I wish that Quickbooks linked up better with our credit card processor, Stripe. We receive a large number of giving donations through Stripe, but I still have to manually enter in each online transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Quickbooks to track income- check to see what online giving platforms Quickbooks supports. We have had quite the time figuring out our giving platform and having it integrate with QB. We had to do a LOT of manual data entry before we figured out the best fit.

Also, have an accountant set up your "Chart of Accounts" so that everything is set as it should be.

It is much easier to have a clear snapshot of our financial picture. We love that we can see historical data on how we were spending in years past. I like that it takes care of all of our taxes and I love that we are able to run Payroll in-house

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software
QuickBooks review by <span>Mark D.</span>
Mark D.

Solid software with great ties to web

What do you like best?

I like that I can work on things on the desktop, phone and web, so I can stay up on my numbers from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I think there is room for explanations as to how to properly categorize expenses for those who lack accounting experience. I come from a design background but have to interact with expenses and COGs. Tips would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would buy it. It’s a great solution.

We use it as our primary accounting and application for preparing documents for outside tax professionals.

What Nonprofit Accounting solution do you use?

QuickBooks review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

My experience has been a mostly positive one.

What do you like best?

I like that all modules are integrated and it is user friendly, so my clients who are less tech-savvy can still use this product. The audit firm also has Quickbooks, so we can just send them a backup or an accountant's copy and they can run all of the reports they want and dig into transactions themselves without using our staff time to get this information for them.

What do you dislike?

Cannot do automatic payroll accruals, cost allocations are not the easiest in the software, they discontinued Quickbooks sync manager (which was a very useful feature for integrating with third party softwares), import files have to be in IIF format rather than excel, standard keyboard shortcuts bring up different screens rather than performing the function you are used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a good option for an accounting system for a small nonprofit but larger companies may run into issues.

Job costing is possible in Quickbooks non profit

QuickBooks review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

GREAT For any nonprofit group!

What do you like best?

Honestly i loved the ease of use of the software, and how it prepares an individual with basic accounting skills to be able to properly document all their expenditures and also their income. Would love to see more advanced version for different size nonprofit groups and also take into account the extra cost.

What do you dislike?

That it is too similiar to for profit quickbook, and that some things have to be viewed like for profit corporations do. I have to say that i like that you can change the colors and that makes it easier to view points but would like to see other small things that we would be allowed to change. I also would like to see more tutorials released by/partnered with other companies for the smaller nonprofit groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, but only if your organization can afford it, there are alot of extra cost which i wish QB would consider lowering for nonprofit groups such as ours.

well we are keeping on file all the money that is coming in and out of our nonprofit groups, but most importantly we are also seeing the amount of expenses that are coming in and out of our organization. Found how to trigger more donations during certain expense gap.

QuickBooks review by <span>Cassy W.</span>
Cassy W.

Amazing Product!

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Nonprofit is a user friendly program that almost anyone can learn to use. It takes care of all of the financial software needs for our church and does it well! My favorite feature is the reports feature. I can quickly look into the balance in various vendor accounts, track how much we have spent for different missions, and so much more!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the program offered more ways to customize the look and feel of the program. This doesn't affect the way the software works AT ALL but is the only thing I can think of that would be nice to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product to others! It is worth every penny when it comes to record keeping!

We use QuickBooks to replace the old paper tracking that we were using for our financials at the church. QuickBooks has proven to be quicker, more reliable, and so much easier! Reports are a great feature!

QuickBooks review by <span>Jeff B.</span>
Jeff B.

Good all around

What do you like best?

It's super flexible, pretty intuitive for non-accountants to use and be successful with. The reporting is very flexible, allowing you to create a number of reports. It has audit tracking to see the history of how activities and entries have been made. It's the accounting product that's easily understood from CPAs, to bookkeepers, to newbies, to practitioners.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a lot of great internal controls built in—it's flexibility can become it's weakness if you ever try to perform a thorough review and audit tracking (it has this, but limited), it's not as robust as a full-blown accounting system. Not a terrible thing, but the offset of having so much flexibility.

Otherwise I think it's pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely something to evaluate. However, do consider all the aspects (donor management, donor relationship, asset tracking, etc.) that you'll need. This will satisfy the accounting, but it may not be the best bet for everything...everyone can only do some many things really well. After that, you should think of the best of breeds so you don't have to suffer through one module that really sucks.

QuickBooks is notorious for having a million different differentiated products which all perform nearly the same identical process. However, you need to be mindful of this as there's a nonprofit version, a for profit version, add ons, different versions (2015 edition, 2016 edition, etc.), Premier, Pro, Enterprise, Online, etc.

Intuit obviously has not read that offering fewer products can make more sales :)

Learning about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software?

* We monitor all QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Nonprofit Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.