Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise lets you manage your business from end to end with ease. Learn how its flexibility and functionality can work for you.

Work for Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise?

Learning about QB Enterprise?

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

Ask QB Enterprise a Question
Showing 341 QB Enterprise reviews
QB Enterprise review by <span>Casey C.</span>
Casey C.

"Great software for the right size company"

What do you like best?

It's easy to get started with QB and, if you have any experience at all, it's pretty easy to use. That said, the quantity, quality and flexibility of the reporting is probably the best part about QB. You can report on anything in any level of detail, which helps to find both the good and the bad in your business!

What do you dislike?

There are still some basic things that QB doesn't do well, such as the ability to reconcile bank accounts when you use a journal entry with splits against your account. It's a bit nitpicky, but sometimes I have to re-enter transactions to to back out of these types of situations in order to reconcile my accounts. In other words, there are things you have to learn trial-and-error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The desktop version is still far better than the cloud version (according to my accountant, who has to use both).

I'm using QB to both run my own business and keep the books for a Boy Scout troop. Syncing with bank accounts is pretty seamless and tracking some unique needs for Scouting are both pretty easy to do in QB.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise
QB Enterprise review by <span>Alexa C.</span>
Alexa C.

"Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

I like the progressive invoicing option. It keeps more organized and I can track if they have paid only a portion of the invoice or the entire invoice. Also most features are very easy to use. My customers and jobs are easy to have access to and anyone with general knowledge can understand quickly what the situation is with every project. I like that fact that we can personalize our invoice and estimate sheets as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it is somewhat difficult to set up the system for the customer to pay with a credit card easily. I still have not been able to properly set this up. I am not sure if the customer has to give me their credit card number and I save it in the system, or if they should input their information themselves, as they would do on quick books online. Also, also the email logging in that you have to do when sending invoices, after you are already logged on to the system is somewhat irritating. I still do not think that customers get to view the invoice when the open the attachment or click on the link. I always have to send a separate email with the invoice attached for them to view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a great software to use for invoicing and keeping track of numbers.

I would not necessarily say problems, but we are solving, invoicing, payments and expense tracking. Everything is more clear and organized now. Once invoices are created, customers can receive them and pay promptly.

What Accounting solution do you use?

QB Enterprise review by <span>Nicholas H.</span>
Nicholas H.

"Wouldn't use any other product"

What do you like best?

I would have to say that the best things about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is the easy-to-navigate process menus on top of the familiar user interface (UI) for current QuickBooks users. It has a huge user community not to mention simple forms and report customization. A large number of standard and contributed reports mixed with excellent import capabilities makes this a no brainer.

What do you dislike?

There are no Economic Order Capabilities and it has a basic low inventory warning that doesn't really fit my needs. There is no true central documentation which would make it easier to access and learn on the fly. Plus, the mobile access is an add-on service which is kind of a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a good intermediate step up for businesses that have outgrown other QuickBook versions. But it has scalability limitations and a proprietary database that might quickly constrain growing midsize companies.

Business accounting made simple as well as organizing everything for multiple users. It makes it easier when it's a widely recognized system that many people are familiar with.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Scott T.</span>
Scott T.

"Great accounting system but lacking in Inventory Control and other functions"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about QuickBooks is the ease of use of the system but that is probably about as much as I can say that I like about it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inventory control features in the system and how difficult that one module is to operate. It is supposed to have serial number functionality but trying to use if for such is next to impossible!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that is just an accounting system then I think you will be happy with Quickbooks. But if you are looking for something that is going to be meatier and more dynamic then keep looking. Quickbooks is great for accounting but lacking a lot in CRM and inventory modules.

None...in fact we are in the process of migrating everything out of Quickbooks and into NetSuite OneWorld so that we have all of our companies in one location.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Sam S.</span>
Sam S.

"Better solutions elsewhere"

What do you like best?

The user interface and organization seems to be easy enough for most people to navigate. Great for a single accountant or small business with minimal experience. Simple to use interface and easy to understand reports. Widely used, so easy to find and accountant who can operate the software. Has it ability link into TurboTax for simplified end of year taxes. Part of it Intuit suit of software, so data is more portable between different intuit products.

What do you dislike?

Antiquated networking technology; I would not consider this an enterprise grade application. It works fine as a local file on your hard drive but doesn't seem to have been designed with networking in mind. I've experienced nothing but constant issues with multi-user file access, I do not recommend this software for a multi-user environment. Integrations are not easy to implement, you are better off with more modern cloud based software that has a fully developed and standardized API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully evaluate your needs before selecting this software. There are a lot of better alternatives in various cloud based solutions.

It fulfills the need for an accounting software. Helps with sending invoices and retrieving payment from customers. Useful for reports and online banking.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Dorca N. L.</span>
Dorca N. L.

"love the 24/7 access from anywhere!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy access I can have to any of my clients account from anywhere! I like the that I can use estimates to send to clients and that I can convert it later to invoices. I also love the automation tool for invoicing by email, its really one of the best things I like from this.

What do you dislike?

Because of the price, is a little bit difficult to offer, since they will compare it to the price of desktop versions and that it doesn't have some of the features they are used to in the desktop version. The bank reconciliation is good, tho sometimes can be a little confusing, but its a great tool in general and really easy to use. I hope they add more tools like the Enterprise Desktop so I can convince my clients easier to change to online,.

I would love to see a reduction on its price, but its price has been going up lately, and that's one of the most difficult point s when I'm trying to convince my clients to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for accounting, I recommend it to simple small business.

I'm using it with some clients that are always on the move, so is easier for them to have access to their finances all the time.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Philip G.</span>
Philip G.

"Quickbooks user for 15 years"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is a universally accepted accounting language that links with many other software packages. It makes our accounting quick and painless. Training is easy to come by for the program.

What do you dislike?

There are some clunky features. For example, tracking employee wages in multiple municipalities is very limited. We switched payroll to fix this, but still use QB for all other accounting functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, seems to be the best accounting software available for very small business (less than 5 million?). The payroll is great as long as you don't need to track a bunch of municipalities.

We like all the automatic features available. When we switched to a seperate payroll processor, we found the QB side to be so efficient we really don't save any time...just a bit of hassle (and it fixed class tracking for us).

Reporting is great-we can get excellent accounting reports.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Victoria S.</span>
Victoria S.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

I like that all the functions are simple to find and reports are easily found and generated. I can make a customer statement with just a right click which is much easier than our other system. Any payments put into Quickbooks can be altered which is wonderful if you somehow make a mistake.

What do you dislike?

To do certain things you have to be signed in as the admin and not a tag along underneath the admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use it with Acctivate which helps a lot. There are certain things it just is painful to use by itself.

We use it for our vendor payments and to input customer payments. We started using Acctivate along side it and it has been really handy writing back and forth.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Jacqueline S.</span>
Jacqueline S.

"Easy to learn easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Out of all of the Quickbooks products that i have used, I would have to say that Enterprise solutions seems to be one of the easier platforms. Once you learn how to use it, it is pretty much like clock work. Also the customer service for enterprise is the best of the quickbooks tech support as they are located in the united states so they are not just reading a script. They are able to log in to your system remotely and help you with any issues you may be having and come up with a solution. There is usually a very short wait when it comes to calling Enterprise support so you are not sitting in a que for hours waiting to speak with someone.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I wish that I was able to turn off such has the site for inventory tracking. We only have one location that uses quickbooks but it makes me assign inventory to a certain location each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks is great for tracking inventory as well as vendors of where you get each supply from.

We use Quickbooks for every function of the business from inventory tracking, to payroll. Accounts receivable and accounts payable.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Maria I.</span>
Maria I.

"Quickbooks Enterprise is best for Business with large client database! "

What do you like best?

With Enterprise, I can easily switch through different accounting perapectives, generate real time reports and integratedifferent payment options, billing options and the Best is the interface and templates. Plus the community is really helpful.

your most pressing questions, the community got all the answers .

Quickbooks boasts many pro advisors who are experts in optimizing your use of the software. the customer service is great too.

What do you dislike?

Enterprise offers other functions such as the payroll and tax payments on a different subscription. Being able to cut costs is a must for each business.

In order to integrate this functions, this will cost a little more. You must bac

Accounting and Financial status is a critical part of business. Quickbooks gives you a clear view of where your business is.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Connie H.</span>
Connie H.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

I have recently started learning how to use QB and found it quite easy to use and when I had question, I could click the help button that always answered any question. I was able to track sales, cost, do payroll and it is right at my fingertips.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about using QB. I wish I had learned how to use it years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't assume that's it hard to learn or not worth the money because this is a wonderful program and worth the time to learn it. It will simplify your life and help you grow you business.

I am able to track company growth from past years, know who my best customers are, where I can cut cost and where my best sales are at all times.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Alfonso S.</span>
Alfonso S.

"Quickbooks Enterprise, A Solution for Contractors"

What do you like best?

I like Quickbooks Enterprise for larger clients that are on an accrual basis. It is a great solution for tracking accounts receivable and accounts payable. It is also a good solution for tracking inventory. I like the ability to enter in inventory and then apply it to invoices. A plus is the job costing feature which Quickbooks Online currently lacks.

What do you dislike?

The linking of the bank accounts is almost unusable because only the owner of the bank account can have access. If the owner of the bank account does not want to give his main access user name and password to his employees, they will not be able to link the bank account. Quickbooks Online has corrected this issue and as a result Quickbooks Enterprise will slowly be phased out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not go down this road....go with Quickbooks Online.

Good solution for large organizations, solves the problem of tracking inventory, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Jennifer B.</span>
Jennifer B.

"Enterprise Solutions 17.0"

What do you like best?

This program is extremely user friendly. We have converted all of our business to the QuickBooks platforms so that our owner has continuity across a clothing store, construction company, and a professional laundry service. One office manager can technically run all three businesses.

What do you dislike?

Automatic updates for payroll service need to be double checked to make sure individual withholding or reporting rates are not altered or incorrect when new rates push from QuickBooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Its user friendly and has great US based support.

Continuity across multiple businesses, has given the Office Manager for our construction firm the ability to train and update the staff our other businesses even though they are so vastly different! Great software that is easy to learn but still provides all the reporting and income tracking needed for large scale construction and inventory management for a laundry service and commission structures for the clothing store!

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Perfect for Small Business Needs"

What do you like best?

It's versatile! QB is useful for the start to the end of the job. From setting up clients for proposals and quotes to invoicing. Being able to perform multiple accounting functions in this program make my tasks simpler. I can export documents and send them directly to our accountant, send invoices directly to customers, manage my banking and do payroll.

What do you dislike?

It can be very overwhelming for first time users, but provided training and a little practice makes this system great. There's not much else that I dislike about this program. It can be a little slow at times but the amount of functions I can do outweigh any dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use it, or call support when you have questions. This product is awesome.

It's my all in one shop. Before I outsourced payroll, I used QB. I can manage my banking, audit reports, customer accounting, and so much more all in one program. I have more time to work on other duties since I don't have to use 4 or 5 different programs.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Ruojia X.</span>
Ruojia X.

"Review for quickbooks desktop enterprise"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly provides a good layout of different functions as well as the sections, and I also like the design that it can direct you to different places without the need to close the previous one

What do you dislike?

Lots of hidden function which I think it's kind of difficult for a beginner to start and learns, the software should provide more tutorial and help , and sometimes when the financial statement or data is large, it could slowdown the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most basic funcation such as entering joural enetry is very esay but the it could be a challenge to manipulate the data. Need to watch tutorial and understand the business before use, also, must pay attention to details.

Input journal entry, create financial statement as well as trackback previous financial information. The benefit include quick input and easy to track back and fix the error , and it's very esay to transit between the quickbook itself and excel.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator

"Does not meet our requirements"

What do you like best?

Easy to use ... too easy. You can get yourself into trouble without much effort. Does not require actual understanding of accounting principals, which is both good and bad, depending on what you want to be able to do with the product.

What do you dislike?

For me, this is way to simple. The inventory section is lacking, and the entire process takes too long. 10 minutes for a build? We have this hosted with our dealer. Should be onsite / local. The windows for data entry are always changing the column widths. Very frustrating. Remedies are provided but do not work consistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend for manufacturer with more than 500 inventory items, or builds that require sub assemblies, etc.

The only benefit is that it eventually will allow you to get your work done. The GL part of the program and the drill down capabilities are good (mostly), but the bad things out weigh the good things. Would probably be good for a smaller company, although ours is fairly small. We have > 1500 inventory parts, and that bogs down the entire system.

QB Enterprise review by Internal Consultant in Textiles
Internal Consultant in Textiles

"QuickBooks "

What do you like best?

Somewhat simple to use. Inexpensive, comparatively. It covers the basics well. I think it is definitely intended for a smaller company. It does seem to small for our size company currently. There are some really good elements in place ... i.e. payroll administration

What do you dislike?

Bad database design, locked down (in terms of accessing data). Reports are limited and not easily customized. Not easy to do simple things such as sort by columns, search for customers function is a little weak - it takes a long time. Generating custom reports can take a long time and potentially lock up the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to read the documentation thoroughly. To ensure that the product is used properly. Customization is allowed but not supported well in the program and database. Would recommend adding something like QQube to enhance the custom reporting capabilities. The reporting within Quickbooks can be rather clunky and difficult to work with. Would also make sure your process flow chart matches QB's flow chart otherwise it will be challenging to customize. Also - there is no way to connect Sales Orders to Purchase orders.

Basic Accounting. Able to manage finances. Overall customer management. It also houses all of the data for our custom reporting. The basic reporting is pretty helpful as well - although somewhat lacking.

"Convenient, functional, intuitive."

What do you like best?

I am a relatively new accounting professional, with limited accounting experience. I have been using Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise and it works well for my company's needs. It was easy and fast to learn how to use, and helped reinforce accounting principles I was taught in training. If I need to perform a new-to-me task, it is usually very simple to figure out on my own.

What do you dislike?

I work with multiple entities, and it would be nice to have more than two companies open at a time. It may just be an issue with my PC, but it is very slow to log in to a company. It typically takes around five minutes to log in. I spend a lot of time switching between.companies.

My primary job function is AP. Quickbooks allows me to handle these tasks with ease, and re-bill expenses to our customers.

QB Enterprise review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Complicating the Business Of Life"

What do you like best?

It has the ability to gives us an accounting format for our business

What do you dislike?

Your slogan "simplify the busness of life" is not true. Intuit has manged to complicate it unnecessarily. First off, customer support is the worst of any large company, and that includes the notorious phone and cable companies that I have ever experienced. I am a small business Enterprise customer and yet no direct lines to its people. Intuit outsources it's customer support to call centers(mostly the Philippines) and while they may be able to speak English, they do not completely understand. I had to repeat my requests and questions several times before I got any semblance of an answer.

No 2- Intuit, by default, puts you on an annual payroll auto-renewal-great for the companies, bad for customers. You cannot change this through Enterprise desktop app nor on-line. Therein lies the problem. It takes multiple calls, transfers, and hours waiting(not an exaggeration) to get to the right department. This is a total waste of time and hugely frustrating.

No 3 Quickbooks keeps increasing the amount charged every year for payroll(I have the desktop enhanced payroll version). Why? Nothing new has been added. I have left three messages to a small business Enterprise representative I worked with last year(yes managed to get a number miraculously).

No 4. Just got off a call and was on the line for 1 hour(and another transfer) and still no resolution to my annual payroll questions, or trying to find out more about Enterprise 18(which we have been considering upgrading from Enterprise 15). By the way, the website for Quickbooks Enterprise is experiencing problems so can’t get info there. This has tested the patience of the most rational reasonable person. We may be going a different direction next year because of such poor communication, contact methods, and customer service.

See above

QB Enterprise review by <span>Amreen C.</span>
Amreen C.

"Gets the job done- quickbooks"

What do you like best?

I liked best that I was able to print my data in the same format and I was seeing it in the system. In my office, we sadly used paper as much as we used the computer.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the speed of the system. Sometimes with too much data, it would start to slow down and cause me to work slower. Thankfully, it never fully crashed on me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe a way to make this easily usable for individuals who need this for personal accounting. For example, with no experience in bookkeeping and reconciling, there is no way I would be able to know how to use this software easily. As with any software, there can also be an interface upgrade to make it more user friendly.

I was bookkeeping for my company's clients. When I started, I had some reconciling to do starting from 10 years prior using the client's bank statements. I realized that Quickbooks was the best way to do this without having to manually reconcile the books.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Sharon F.</span>
Sharon F.

"Quickbooks has been around for a long time because it's reliable"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has always been the affordable and reliable way to conduct business. You can choose what plan you want, if you do the online version, starting at $15 a month for the most basic or up to $50 OR you can buy the Desktop Professional for $300 (with only one user). There are also add-ons you can purchase for different prices, such as varying levels of payroll. For a small church like ours we only need the one desktop plan.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about working with Quickbooks. It's a great, user-friendly program to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are unsure if you want the desktop version, I would recommend doing a monthly trial of the online version which I mentioned earlier.

We use it to track employee's times and for payroll, mostly. We may start using it for other things later. I am not in charge of decision making or I would definitely be pushing to get it for our company!

QB Enterprise review by <span>David T.</span>
David T.

"Mainstay for Small Business. "

What do you like best?

Creating a new company within QB's is simple, easy, and straight forward; as well as using the product itself. I maintain multiple companies within QB's, combining Financials from multi-companies makes it easy to see the health of your business without potential user error.

What do you dislike?

I use QB's on a server with multiple users, it has a tendency to timeout and crash often. When it does crash, the user it crashed on has downtime while QB's finally logs that user out. QB's need to add a Force Quit / Log off User for Admin's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QB's is tired-and-true; you own the software and your data is not at the mercy of cloud based systems with monthly subscriptions. It is not a full robust ERP system, so don't expect that.

QB's is used and updated daily. It allows me to see my business real-time, update my forecast based on factual history, and produce financials on the fly.

QB Enterprise review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I wish I could use online version . . ."

What do you like best?

Reporting is simple. Reconciling and bank feeds is pretty simple, although i wish the vendor name would autofill in the vendor field. Right now, it just goes into the memo, if that.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could use the online version for multiple companies that I run. But it gets costly for a solopreneur who is running several entities. So I go with the desktop version because it doesn't cost me anything extra. The biggest downside is I can't have multiple companies open at the same time. I have to close one before i can open another one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If price isn't an issue, just go with the online version. Online is on the cloud, backed up, easier to share with accountant/CPA, takes up less hard-drive space. And you don't have to keep downloading those pesky updates and re-start the computer every time.

Reporting is simple. I like the year to year comparison with %/$ change

QB Enterprise review by <span>Kristen R.</span>
Kristen R.

"User Friendly program for a smaller sized business"

What do you like best?

I love that there are keyboard shortcuts for everything. It saves so much time rather than digging through menus for features you don't use all the time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the speed is effected by the size of the reports that are being run. It seems to get bogged down by the large amounts of data that we have in the program. The speed to download reports into Excel is quite slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, this is a great program from a smaller company. While we are currently operating a company with 5million plus in sales, it is beginning to seem like we are out growing this program.

Our inventory management has been greatly improved using QuickBooks. The ability to monitor inventories in multiple locations at the same time has solved a lot of issues for us. Also, we have created an entire employee voucher program, using QB to monitor product costs and participation in this program.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Lucas K.</span>
Lucas K.

"Use invoice templates as another marketing tool"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks has everything you need for accounting, invoices, mileage tracking, payroll and more. But it also gives a marketer another area to announce new products, events, or other things your customers can sign up for!

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks is not very user friendly because all of the unique things you can do in quickbooks. It is not very intuitive to use and many tools in the software are hard to find. You need to be sure to have a pro walk you through the software in detail and show you all the unique and customizable things you can do within the software. The tools to customize the invoices is pretty old-school and could use an extra update to help make life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for accounts receivable, payable, payroll, and invoices. I strongly recommend to have a professional help walk through the software to show all the tools, customization, and details that can be easily missed for newer users.

Our company uses Quickbooks for accounts receivable and payables, invoices, payroll, mileage tracking, and so much more. Personally, I jump onto the the software for marketing use by adding customized invoice announcements.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Serenity A.</span>
Serenity A.

"Great Accounting Program"

What do you like best?

It allows you to solve all of your accounting issues in one program. You can do invoices , apply payments to those invoices. Prepare Accounts receivable reports. Enter bills, pay bills, accounts payable reports. Prepare payroll and create most of the reports needs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis. It allows you to search by many different things, name, amount, etc.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was an easier way to import from other programs. Being able to import inventory/customer lists, etc for more programs would be extremely helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a class on quickbooks or do some online classes on quickbooks. It will make it easier to use it and will cause less issues for you later. Utilize the support. They are extremely helpful and can help you fix many problems and help you navigate the program also. Make sure everyone using the program knows what they are doing when adding items or else everything will end up messed up.

Preparing payroll reports. Keeping track of who owes us money and who we owe money to. Tracking inventory. Knowing how much money we have in the bank at all times.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Beth H.</span>
Beth H.

"QuickBooks Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I like that the system provides continual updates. It is also nice that updates don't change the product such that users have to completely relearn where to find things and how the system works. I like being able to customize each company for easy recognition we color code each location.

What do you dislike?

The ability of charts and graphs is unsophisticated and needs to have more ability for customization. We use Charts and Graphs in monthly and annual reports and have to export data in order to prepare the necessary documentation. It would be great to be able to pull charts and graphs directly from QuickBooks that are more customizable and allow for more flexibility in the data pulled and how it is displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks has great functionality and ease of pulling reports to analyze data. Exporting data is easy. Our company manages 7 different facilities where the books must remain separate, but we need to be able to analyze data across facilities for performance comparison. QuickBooks makes it easy to pull and compare data from multiple companies.

We manage propertied for seven different entities. Being able to separate and compartmentalize these is great, but it is also nice that reports can be combined from multiple accounts. Ease of setup is great. We just added a new location and it took less than an hour to get everything setup and ready to begin using.

An added value for our organization is that I can give users permission to view only so that they can review and see their data, but are unable to make changes that could affect the integrity of the data.

QB Enterprise review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is a workhorse!"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise can handle anything and everything! From payables to receivables to reporting, it does it all. The layout is straight forward and any feature you would need is easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

It'd be great to have a system this robust available in the cloud, but I haven't found Quickbooks Online to be nearly as useful or effective as QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. We haven't found the payroll feature to be useful, as we need a full service payroll company for all our needs. Support is not as accessible as one would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Desktop enterprise isn't cheap and is an investement (not a month-to-month subscription), but if you need a robust accounting system, it's worth the cost.

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise handles all our accounting needs in one place, so we have accurate and up to date financials. Clients and CPA's can be given access as needed.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Joanndith M.</span>
Joanndith M.

" Good product but beware of data heavy files"

What do you like best?

Again, another great product from into it but I have found when I have clients that have a lot of data in their system, there can be breaks in the system. And I'm talking the kind of break that even intuit itself cannot fix. It is nice however to have some of the features that are normally reserved for accountants copies of quickbooks only like batch entry and reclassifying transactions. That makes it much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the system can break you the point where you either continue to use the broken copy or forfeit your years of data by getting a completely new copy of such an expensive software.

It's great with their POS system which allows all of the transactional dealings to be stored in the same place as the actual accounting.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Aba M.</span>
Aba M.

"Quickbooks is a robust application for accounting needs, and very flexible at the same time."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Quickbooks desktop is the level of user-friendliness.

What do you dislike?

I find that in the 16 version that the color scheme system sometimes crashes and everything becomes black and white. I would expect that Intuit would fix the issue by now.

Quickbooks is a great tool for day-to-day operations, such as purchasing, invoicing and keep track of inventory. At the same time, your entries are compiling information for comprehensive business reports. Another good thing is that QB integrates with many apps. So, if let's say you have a salesman, then the salesman can have an app for CRM that syncs with QB for a seamless integration of business transactions.

QB Enterprise review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Quick software to get up and running for small business, but with limitations"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is one of the strong and well-known names in the business for small business accounting software that offers a lot of basic features in the simple package. Pricing is reasonable and there are a lot of user forums out there and training opportunities for free.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely limitations to Quickbooks. For example, if your small business has complex inventory, you might find Quickbooks challenging for tracking movement of your inventory or manufacturing processes. Or if you have a unique costing like FIFO, you might find it challenging to track layers within the system. The audit trail also leaves something to be desired.

Quickbooks can get you up and running as a small business and provide the majority of tools to meet your needs. Similar to the 80/20 rule, you may run into trouble as you grow as an organization and have more complex business needs to address - like manufacturing or inventory tracking.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Erica C.</span>
Erica C.

"Great, flexible software"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks is so easy to use. It also has an excellent reporting function and nothing is unnecessarily complicated like many other types of software.

What do you dislike?

Overall, QuickBooks is excellent. However, it's more for general use. If your company does something such as manufacting, you probably need manufacturing software to meet your needs. Also, only one person can easily bill at a time. Allowing for more than one person to bill at a time would be idea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should consider whether QuickBooks is specialized enough for the specific needs of your company. It is very good general software, but other types of software might be customized for your industry.

We use QuickBooks for billing and reporting and it is excellent at meeting both of those needs. We do not have to use outside reporting software to supplement QuickBooks.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"QuickBooks Enterprise - Perfect for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use software and it is perfect for small businesses. It is constantly evolving and improving. It makes managing customers and vendors easy. QuickBooks has a lot to offer for the money and comes with an incredible back up service. Lastly, the system has been around for many many years, so it makes it easy to find a bookkeeper with years of experience with the software.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downfall to QuickBooks Enterprise is that it requires a lot of manual oversight and rebuilding especially if your company has a very large inventory on hand. The software allows inventory to go negative causing a lot of internal problems resulting in the company file having to be rebuilt nightly. I also strongly dislike the QuickBooks customer support when you call in. You are transferred to a call center located in another country with a strong language barrier. 9 times out of 10 you have to ask to speak with a supervisor before you can get to a resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Enterprise is very innovative, easy to use, and equipped for every small business needs. It offers customizable reporting, it is integrated with Excel making exporting easy, and it allows business to track employee information and ensure necessary regulatory compliance. It's a great solution for keeping all financials organized.

We have found the reporting in QuickBooks Enterprise to be very beneficial. You can create nearly any report that comes to mind with ease. Whereas, other accounting software systems we have used in the past made it very difficult to run and format certain reports. Adding custom fields to the vendor and customer side also makes reporting a lot easier.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Christine K.</span>
Christine K.

"Customer Services "

What do you like best?

The customer service has always been a huge bonus for me. I have had to call in with technical issues, reporting questions and a few other issues. Every individual I have spoken with has been helpful and very professional. If the first individual has not been able to help me they have found someone that has.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike at this time has been the wait time when I call in. I have had to wait on hold for an extended period of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using the full benefits that enterprise offers. I've called regarding technical issues, but I've also called with questions regarding reporting. Each time I have called in I have reached a very professional, knowledgeable and friendly individual.

I have called several times with technical problems and they technicians have been able to quickly trouble shoot my issue. In addition they have always been very professional and friendly.

QB Enterprise review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Quickbooks Desktop"

What do you like best?

I like that it's incredibly user friendly and easy to use. The dashboard as it's main home screen makes it easy for beginners to know what to do as they learn the ropes.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the non-profit iteration of QB Desktop. The terms don't change to best fit for the nonprofit business (like putting donars and grantors in as "Customers"). It also keeps hold of the Profit and Loss statement even though there is no profit in a nonprofit business. It's the small things that upset stakeholders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has the ability to satisfy all the small to medium sized business' needs for accounting. If it's a large business, it might not be the right fit.

I've used various version of Quickbooks Desktop throughout my accounting career - spanning over ten years. Each year gives new updates that are well-placed and usually well needed.

QB Enterprise review by <span>JaCoby M.</span>
JaCoby M.

"If you are an multi-million dollar company, then this is the QBs version you need"

What do you like best?

If you are a large business that is in the product industry, then QuickBooks Enterprise is the version you need. I used this version when I was working for a large e-commerce company. This version allows multiple users to login QuickBooks at the same time and get more work done. Very user friendly, easy to customize and do exactly what you would like to do.

What do you dislike?

With all QuickBooks software, the downside of QuickBooks is that since it is so easy to use, it is easy to make a mistake. The challenge is that it is sometimes impossible to figure out the mistake you made or it maybe many months before you notice the mistake and it will take tons of time to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to Use

Customizeable

Multiple Users logged in at the same time

Customize Almost anything

User in Real Estate

"Makes my life so much easier! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy this software is to navigate! It is very easy for anyone to learn, and it is pretty foolproof for the most part. It makes my invoicing so simple, and I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to look up certain invoices with limited information, but other than that I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will make your life so much easier, save you so much time, and It is so easy to transition to. I highly recommend this to everyone and anyone!

This has made invoicing so much easier! It has made it much simpler, quicker, and more foolproof!

It is easy to edit, and it is easy to navigate. It has truly made such a difference in the time that I spend invoicing!

QB Enterprise review by <span>Lauren H.</span>
Lauren H.

"Quick Books application for work"

What do you like best?

Quick books has so many useful tools, You have both organized Vendor & Customer lists. Easy access to creating and saving sales orders along with processing invoices. You can add your company logo to these documents as well. Also Quick books creates specialized lists for you view certain company customers, vendors, customer type, etc.

What do you dislike?

Quick books does not have many down sides. Occasionally it will crash or shut down in the middle of printing out a list of invoices. Or just abort at a random time. (not often)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with Quick Books Enterprise. It has been great for our company's organization of our customers & vendors and all orders (sales, purchase)

Quick books has allowed our company to keep all of our company's Customers & Vendors, Orders, Purchase orders, & invoices stored and easily access for our convenience. It saves on paper work. Not as much stress is put on employees with such a great program.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Karen T.</span>
Karen T.

"Powerful bookkeeping tool"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendliness of this software. It is great for setting up multiple companies and as a tax preparation firm, that is a necessity. I also like the multi-user feature that allows more than one person to access and work in a single company's QuickBooks file at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Prior to purchasing QB Enterprise Desktop software, we would only renew our Quickbooks software every 3 years to maintain the support. When I initially purchased the Enterprise software, the sales agent failed to tell me that it was an annual subscription. Now I have to buy it every year!

I like having control over user permissions so that we can allow employees to access information necessary to do their job and be able to keep payroll information confidential at the same time.

QB Enterprise review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Accounts Payable "

What do you like best?

I really love to use it. It almost including all basic features for a small to medium firm use. Very easy to start and learn for a junior accounting person, many video tutorials and instructions provided to new user, user friendly. Letting more business go paper less.

What do you dislike?

Multiple user module run slowly, a company with 60 employees may find that what processes and software was in place may not effective. One small thing I found last month, when we generate report in the past, if some people change the invoice or credit later, the amount will be change in the report, and we could not know where changed and who did that, hope this problem could be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fore sure, i have suggest my family who wants to run their own business to use this accounting software, it cost not much, but very enough for a small to midiem business to use! Overall very useful and well done! Just phone support not really good, hope improve.

It makes company accounting works easy to go for most people, It has everything that I need to send estimates, invoices and setup appointments. Its very clear to track when the money spend most and reports are very efficient.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Ted G.</span>
Ted G.

"Great small business software with some limitations"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Enterprise is easy to use, especially for someone who is very familiar with the QuickBooks family of products. Everything is organized into dropdown menus and is reasonably well-organized. They have some visual indications about the process to follow which is also nice. In general, QuickBooks feels like a quality product.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks may not be a great fit for every situation and it is not really an easily customizable solution in my opinion. Additionally, it is too simplistic in some ways and is not appropriate for very big companies. For example, it allows for deleting and editing transactions after they have been posted (whereas some ERP softwares for SMEs have better internal controls and accounting trail).

I used it for basic financial accounting. It was easy to backup and restore, easy to get reports and in general it weakness of being easy to modify posted data can also be a convenience factor for really tiny companies.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Nathan M.</span>
Nathan M.

"System is great for small business owners"

What do you like best?

I have used this for my two current companies on start up and plan to do the same thing with the next. Easy to use platform. You can find training videos anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike at this point. Sometimes the layout of the general ledger looks a little harsh but then again it is a general ledger.

The pricing is low for the desktop version in comparison to having someone else do the books for you especially when you are a small business. Great starting point with an easy to use system

QB Enterprise review by <span>Bob S.</span>
Bob S.

"A must for small buisiness"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of invoicing, keeping records, income tracking. You can personalize everything to your company and brand.

What do you dislike?

Personalization part may take a while. For example if you'd like to have a your invoices on brand, you will need to spend some time on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with your accountant first and get tips on how to use QB, especially for balancing expenses and income it can get tricky.

Problems like: losing track of invoices and income are solved. Invoicing is quick and delivered immediately to client's email. Getting everything organized before taxes are due is simplified.

QB Enterprise review by User

"Still The Best Accounting Software "

What do you like best?

I love QuickBooks ease of use. The ability to create custom reports is extremely useful. QuickBooks gives me the flexibility to create an accounting program that works for me verses having to settle for limitations of other programs.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things I dislike about QuickBooks. I wish there was a more visible calendar and reminders section. Perhaps something that you see at the startup verses having to open it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quicks continues to lead the industry for a user friendly accounting software. From beginners to professionals, this is hands down the software to use.

Being able to have an overall vision of my business is crucial for small businesses survival. Also the fact that Quickbooks is so universally accepted as a premium and professional softwares give me credibility.

QB Enterprise review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"All you need is Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

I like the cleaner reports and the ability to click on a heading to expand to show sub accounts or hide them. There was no learning curve when we switched from the Pro version. It's great that you can pick your industry and it will customize the desktop according to your type of business by adding certain features.

What do you dislike?

There are a few glitches. The headings get highlighted in black on random occasions which worries me that my data will not be saved. When I switch from wired to wireless, it kicks me out of the program, which is quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be patient, it has a lot to offer.

Just managing the financials of the company. It is a good program to help keep all the data organized.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator

"Excellent and easy to use software "

What do you like best?

The Quickbooks Enterprise software is so easy to use. Any questions I’ve had have always been made clear in the Help section. Less freezing than previous versions I’ve used.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that I cannot batch close out sales orders. I use an EDI program that carries all my PO’s over and turns them into sales orders which I turn into invoices. Not a fan of them being open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more user friendly than previous Quickbooks versions. Finally allows you to use two monitors. Highly recommended.

We are able to have more users logged on at a time. Reporting has improved as well as the search features. Overall just easy to use and keeps our info very organized.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Chester &amp; Roxanne R.</span>
Chester & Roxanne R.

"Quick Books for company"

What do you like best?

that I can keep track of my records and have information at my finger tips.

I have everything ready for account to prepare taxes

I like the pay roll

What do you dislike?

The software will freeze computer and close the program while I am working

i think that if you pay as much as you pay that update that affect your taxes should update without charge.

If your going to charge to upgrade every year then it should be reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes all the time

able to keep track of spending and profit

helped with pay roll for employees

QB Enterprise review by <span>Christi L.</span>
Christi L.

"Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is a user-friendly accounting program with detailed financial reports."

What do you like best?

I find the program very accessible, easy to use, and easy to train new users to navigate.

What do you dislike?

A few reports must be revised in a spreadsheet program in order to get the detail needed for our financial reporting. Overall not to difficult, but it's an extra step I would like to avoid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise to business using an automated accounting system.

Our company has had a high turnover rate, and training new employees to use QB Desktop Enterprise has been easy due to the accessibility and ease of using the program. The Home window is useful for new users to find tools and features, and multi-user platform and chat features make it simple to train people from remote locations.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Demonica M.</span>
Demonica M.

"Quickbooks Saved the Day!"

What do you like best?

The biggest thing that stands out is the fact it is so user friendly and helps us to keep our invoicing in order for our company.

What do you dislike?

When outside vendors are added the transactions double up so they have to be removed or sorted out monthly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to do your homework and learn all of the great features Quickbook offers that make your business accounting a breeze

Keeping all of our invoiced client invoiced in one place with the categorizing makes tax time so much easier.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Christine S.</span>
Christine S.

"Quickbooks Enterprise 17.0 "

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is very extensive and does anything and everything needed to manage your business finances. It is very user friendly, yet if you are uncertain about how to do something, the resources available to get help are amazing. We have used QBE since version 7, and we still do not utilize all it has to offer because there's so much available.

What do you dislike?

There are a few reports that we wish we were able to customize more, but they don't allow it within QBE. Other than that, we really have no other complaints. It's terrific software.

We are able to manage all of our business finances and sales using QBE and are very happy with the results.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Vittorio C.</span>
Vittorio C.

"Thank god for software developers who wrote this wonderful piece of magic!"

What do you like best?

I'm not a financial wiz by any stretch. Thanks to this software, this breaks down the fundamentals of Business Finance and Accounting principals to guide you through conducting day to day operations.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the navigation can be a little inconsistent when it comes to where buttons appear from section to section.

Not having a strong accounting background, I need help running my business. Its a little too new for me at this point to understand what else has been realized.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"Quickbooks makes bookkeeping easy"

What do you like best?

I mostly use Quickbooks to do all of our client invoicing. It is very easy to set up new customers, create invoices, track progress on invoices sent and reconcile payments.

What do you dislike?

The only think I do not like is having to restart invoicing sequence numbers after doing a credit memo. It is annoying that you have to enter the next correct sequence number.

I use Quickbooks to invoice all of our clients. It has helped me manage my invoicing process.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Erika S.</span>
Erika S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has ability to both import and export data. This is great when wanting to export reports to Excel and when wanting to upload content from a 3rd party program (ie, POS system) into Quickbooks to save yourself the manual entry.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the speed of Quickbooks -- at times it lags or freezes up. This is especially an issue when working with larger date ranges in reports.

Budget vs Actual and job costing has been solved when properly using Quickbooks

QB Enterprise review by User

"Everything You Need for a Business"

What do you like best?

How simple it is all set up. From the "desktop" showing the most important parts of the accounting world, to menus to building financial reports - it is built very simply. Everything is a logical thinking process and just makes sense. So easy to teach people.

What do you dislike?

Dislike the tiers of accounting - the fact that you can ONLY class transactions with the highest tier is restrictive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the tier of product fits your business needs and compare with other companies.

Also - Quickbooks runs worldwide but the customer service you get across countries vary DRASTICALLY. Example: I had an extremely frustrating and time consuming mission trying to work with Quickbooks South Africa. However, for the same issue, Quickbooks Canada was very prompt.

With the classing feature, it makes building financial reports for various things (such as specific tours or jobs) to be tracked.

QB Enterprise review by User in Computer Software

"QuickBooks does the job, but it has shortcomings"

What do you like best?

Can't really say that there is a best feature. However, were to pick one, I'd say that the reports are easy to use, and easy to create. We use QB only partially, mostly for recording of financial data, and for reporting. The invoicing is not done in QB, nor payroll.

The reports are quite allright, if that is what you only need them for. We mainly create the reports, then export them into Excel for further processing.

What do you dislike?

Given the limited use that we get out of QB, I'd say that having to validate data every time we import something in QB gives a sense of instability of the platform. Data validation sometimes fails without a reason. In order to troubleshoot, you would then need to employ someone with technical skills to follow the logs and troubleshoot. It could get time consuming, and not very productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the support you need and quickly. Searching online for answers takes time for the uninitiated, and it is unproductive.

However, if one is tech savvy, reading the file logs will usually get you the troubleshooting answer. The problem is that when QB fails, doesn't give you a reason, mostly says to call Customer Support.

We use QB specifically for accounting, month end close, financial reporting for the board, and financial recording of data (data repository)

We export the data out of QB, and then we will process it via macros, transform it into custom reports for the C-suite and board directors.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Rachel J.</span>
Rachel J.

"Convenient software"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn and mistake-proof. It will not record some transaction if it contains error/mistake.

What do you dislike?

Emailing from Quickbook is not easy to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be hard to set up at the beginning. But if you are looking for a software for small to mid size company, this would be economic/easy/convenient choice.

QB enterprise is our major software within the company; Purchasing products, paying for the invoice, sending invoice, payroll. It is so convenient that we do not need any additional program.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"QuickBooks Enterprise - An Expensive Product for your Accounting Needs"

What do you like best?

Enterprise will serve your accounting needs during the mid-growth phase of a company. The reporting features are robust with the community input and the ability to create and memorize reports. Audit trail is a wonderful feature to track down where an error occurred and allow employee coaching...however there is no search function to the audit trail so be prepared with a pot of coffee when searching for an error - unless you are a small company and you know the exact day the error occurred.

We've been able to rig Enterprise to work with our specific company accounting demands with a little creativity and ingenuity.

What do you dislike?

A HUGE dislike is the constant, large fees that Intuit is always pushing. When Enterprise stopped being offered via software option and the only option was cloud-based, we were done. No more thousands of dollars to renew & update and no hefty monthly fees.

Another HUGE dislike is the 1M cap on customers and inventory items with significant software slow-down when a larger list is built.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I appreciate the cloud-based aspect to QuickBooks now, it is extremely frustrating to pay so much and not own the software. In addition, be sure to be prepared for ALL Intuit expenses relating to Enterprise. There's alway more Intuit seems to want to charge. (ie additional users fee)

If you have a large inventory or a large customer base, be prepared for ridiculously long search times.

Better control over finances, better reporting features to allow for accurate ROI capture.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The Standard in Financial Software"

What do you like best?

This is just the standard financial software for small, medium, and large businesses. Quite a few people make addons and APIs for integration with other pieces of software. Also, most of the larger CRMs already contain integrations with Quickbooks which can make it very easy to get a business up and running with some standard pieces of software. Many free CRMs also do this.

What do you dislike?

The backups are a little bit cumbersome with an even moderately large file. I would like to see this process improved so that the time spent doing backups is shorter and can be run automatically at set times throughout the day (or night when users aren't using it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks, while taking some work getting the custom pieces setup, is very flexible and can be used for simple setups to very complex setups. There are lower grades of QuickBooks for smaller businesses to use, but Quickbooks Enterprise has all the features for medium and larger businesses.

We needed a solution that would integrate with our custom software in order to ease our payroll and billing process. We've connected our custom software using the standard Quickbooks APIs through a 3rd party software to help speed up the process. While this 3rd party software wasn't needed, it has eliminated quite a few lines of code that would have needed to be added. Quickbooks has maintained compatibility with their older APIs throughout the time that we've had Quickbooks, which is very good.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Jessica T.</span>
Jessica T.

"Couldn't run our business without this software!"

What do you like best?

The incredible functionality of the software makes running every aspect of our business so much easier. There are a lot of ins and outs to QB Enterprise but we use most of them in our day to day operations of our small business.

What do you dislike?

The only real negative I've experienced thus far is that the desktop software does not work on a Mac (which I use) so I have to subscribe to the cloud based version which is an extra monthly fee. With that being said, it is convenient and worth the cost.

Inventory management was a huge issue for us and QB Enterprise has made managing our inventory so much easier. It literally hands every aspect of managing inventory which takes a lot of guesswork off our plates.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator

"Success with Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is integrated making it easy for me to enter invoices, purchase orders, bills, and pay my vendors via direct deposit within minutes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the learning curve with this software. You must either take a training course or take some time to figure things out on your own. Be prepared to make lots of mistakes while you are learning what works and what does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. However, if you do not have someone in-house with expertise setting it up and using it, I recommend taking a training course.

Previous to using QB, I used to manually enter the amounts to be paid to my vendors and employees via my bank's ACH service. This was time consuming and left me vulnerable to errors due to typos with my numerical entries. With QB, I enter the payroll data and vendor invoices to be paid. Then, by selecting who to pay and when, it is automatically processed for direct deposit by using the optional service offered by QB.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Quickbooks enterprise gets the job done with some hiccups."

What do you like best?

The basic operation of the system is intuitive and easy to use. Accountants and/or Clerks can easily navigate and operate the system.

What do you dislike?

As Administrator, the system is not so friendly.

The most challenging aspect is getting in touch with Customer Service, going through their "step by step" checklist and then, not having a real solution.

You can speak to a Customer Service person but most likely it will not resolve the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks Enterprise is a good solution for small organizations with limited budget designated to the accounting/financial software.

Handling the basic accounting is easy. The inconvenience is the Administrative and reporting options.

It keeps rolling the ball.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Well-known for a reason, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

Importing transactions through the Online Banking feature and easily matching them to QB transactions. Messaging is another great feature. Reports can be exported into Excel fairly easily, and invoices can be sent via Outlook with one click.

What do you dislike?

Software is slow overall, and crashes maybe twice a month. While there is a lot of potential for customization, this takes time and is not very user-friendly from a setup perspective. Lots of potential for other users to edit something incorrectly or erroneously. Notes are disconnected (transaction vs profile), and none of the reports seem to work perfectly on the first try. Additionally, custom reports are quite tricky to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the Desktop version does have some functionality that the Online version does not, I would advise others to weigh the simplicity of Online as a benefit against the missing functionality in Desktop. On one hand, you could potentially rig Desktop to do 95% of everything you want from a bookkeeping software. However, this would take a considerable time investment to set up and to maintain (including education of all users). On the other hand, while Online has some limitations, it seems to be much easier/simplistic. Like a Chromebook vs. a PC, or something. Not to say there's a right or wrong answer, but just to completely consider the work that goes into Desktop, especially since this is more likely the more expensive option.

QuickBooks Desktop allows us to have a complete, multi-user process for purchases. We have a central item list, which is always current. Reconciliations take no time at all, as long as we keep up on our online banking transaction matching.

QB Enterprise review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"I love using QuickBooks "

What do you like best?

I love how easy QuickBooks makes managing my finances. In particular, I like that I can hook up all my bank accounts and my transactions are automatically categorized. I don't have to spend too much time fixing the categorizations.

What do you dislike?

I wish it didn't cost so much. I like using Mint because it's free but to get all the options, you have to pay for QuickBooks. But I guess it's worth it if you were to compare paying a bookkeeper or an accountant to do it for you.

QuickBooks has really helped me to organize and sort all my transactions day to day so that I can make a good budget for myself in each category and it helps to keep track of the budgets too. For business, it makes it easy to manage my accounts. I can enter invoices, past charges and payments, etc.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator

"Been using for years - excellent product"

What do you like best?

We've been using QB for years and the updates are always seamless, and all of our employees find it easy to use. It includes all of the features we need, without a lot of complications.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting is a little cumbersome. For instance, it's hard to run detailed reports such as "show me all outstanding bills over 90 days with both the vendor and job name on the report". Not a huge deal though.

We have a streamlined, simple accounting solution with Quickbooks. The biggest benefits are that everyone knows how to use it, and any new hires that have an accounting background can jump right in.

QB Enterprise review by Internal Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Internal Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"Slow constantly updating"

What do you like best?

It is in fact, easy to use and very customizable. We do 95% of our business with quick books. We make purchases, maintain inventory, maintain contacts, make quotes SO, and invoices.

What do you dislike?

There is no simple way to intergrate our online store and QB. We use ECC to sync the two programs (Magento) and it makes quick books into slow books. Also, there is no easy way to log activity (there may be a way to do this as an admin but I am unaware of it). When we put things on sale there is no easy way for that to happen and no way to sync with magento either. It would be nice if quickbooks had an already integrated program for online store

Recommendations to others considering the product

How much integration do you need with other programs? Are you willing to slow your system down to do so?

Inventory, sales, payroll, accounting, contacts,

QB Enterprise review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"The software is easy to use and meets my basic accounting needs. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly receive money through the merchant service option using my Iphone to fulfill a transaction.

What do you dislike?

I hate the search capabilities through the customer tab and the help center is useless and the e-mail feature tends to drag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks is easy to use and to learn. I would recommend the software and use it daily.

I am able to create reports very quickly giving me a great picture of the status of the business. The system is very easy to use in creating basic business transactional documents, Invoices, sales orders, statements and communicating them through e-mail to our customers.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Lesa C.</span>
Lesa C.

"Easy to use, works for all our needs beginner to advanced users"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ability to keep all account information in one program. We have accounts payable, receivable, inventory, outgoing statements, invoices, pending payments, receiving goods, you name it, it is all in this one platform. I also like how easy it is to use, it seems intuitive the way it works!

What do you dislike?

Even though it is easy to use, there is a learning curve and I found that there wasn't much information beyond obvious operation. Once you did something wrong, lost information, or things didn't work like they should I was at a loss as to what to do. I like to click around and solve my own issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a myriad of information out there so be sure it covers all the bases you require! I find it is intuitive to use and works for all our accounting issues, from inventory (ordering and receiving) to check writing and everything in between.

The problems I'm solving is the overlapping of jobs done by several people are all done in the same platform so you know what has been entered, printed, invoiced, and eliminate duplication of work.

QB Enterprise review by User in Computer Software

"Quickbooks - For every business"

What do you like best?

I have used Quickbooks for nearly 12 years now at 3 difference companies, each of those companies ranging in size. Quickbooks is malleable enough to work for each of them, but structured enough so it worked correctly.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not great -- calling into the team, I would often feel like I was teaching them something over them teaching me. Because Quickbooks can be set up in so many different ways, the customer service does not offer advice on how to set it up, just there if anything goes wrong (to which they frequently suggest a re-install).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at which features you use and if you will need support -- these two items will definitely help decide if Enterprise (vs Pro or Premier) is right for your business.

Quickbooks is an easy accounting system to learn with many reporting functions and capabilities.

QB Enterprise review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Intuit for a Reason"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks was one of the first "business" software packages I learned how to use. It took no time at all to learn and I was impressed by how user friendly it truly is. There are very few solutions out there with the wide range of services and ease of access that QB offers

What do you dislike?

As we grew as a company we realized that QB has some limitations... it is a great tool for small or new companies, but to capture our manufacturing information we had to move to a more robust solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a one day class so that you become familiar with all of the functionality... there's more to QB than what meets the eye

Phenomenal and easy to use reporting. For all sales and purchasing functions we were able to easily manipulate a wide range of data and use it for presentations, both internally and externally

"Love Desktop Version"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to use screens that easily guide you through whatever transaction you would like to complete. Having the ability to manage several checking accounts from one program is wonderful as well!

What do you dislike?

The reports are a little hard to manage without some additional training as to how to pull them up for the specific information that you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend talking to your accountant about this program and making sure that it lines up and is set up to match their needs as well. By having my accountant help set up the program I know that the support is helpful for when I need it, and that they can access the information the same way that I can if needed.

I am able to keep my bookkeeping needs in house by using this program.

QB Enterprise review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"QuickBooks Review"

What do you like best?

I was introduced to QuickBooks for one of our company's international subsidiaries and having no prior experience with it, it's been super user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I use it for pretty basic international accounting such as journal entries and balance sheet and income statement reporting and have no complaints in regards to those functions.

We've been able to save money by using QuickBooks throughout our subsidiaries rather than hiring a 3rd party to handle our international accounting.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Evan H.</span>
Evan H.

"Quickbooks does the job"

What do you like best?

Easy interface and graphics, checkbook looks like checkbook. Great reports. Helps at tax time to categorize financials. Overall job and project intake tool for generating new job numbers and tracking end to end process

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the numbers do not add up, hard to understand, forced dead ends. Complex features and functions. Updates are a lot, sub categories seem dated, lots of buttons, not easy to do stuff like easy reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its one of the only mac accounting software, does the job, but a bit old

Saving time entering recipts, quicker to generate invoices. See exactly where business stands in terms of cash flow.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Christine B.</span>
Christine B.

"quick, easy and fast "

What do you like best?

I like that we can create separate companies under one program. I appreciate that it is easy and simple to use, I can have help with minimal training

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can be slow at times. However, I feel like that might come from the way we have our server set up.

everything is under one umbrella and organized. Reports are easy to run and modify for our needs.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Heather D.</span>
Heather D.

"Good for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Does the job of keeping your books. Enterprise level has full functionality that you would need in a small, one location operation that has no plans to grow past medium size.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks in general has major limitations when you reach the larger "medium" sized operation. It also has the major quirk of editing past transactions and undoing all of your old reconciliations. Not so fun if you accidentally do this at any point. Level of savviness is "amateur" to "swimmingly small."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your business will never grow past a small scale or you will start to come up against the limitations of QB. It is perfect if you just need simple accounting and invoicing for clients.

Basic accounting and bookkeeping. I never used it for inventory control although it touts that it can.

QB Enterprise review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Quickbooks - Helps make your office work easier and more simplified !"

What do you like best?

Always easy to send emails of the customer's Invoice or Sales order right from your quickbooks .Also having all the customers company information right on hand when speaking with them is very convenient .

What do you dislike?

I don't like when it crashes on me! it happens so often and when its most inconvenient for me! It happens mostly when i am printing a batch of invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

quickbooks makes your work ten times easier and more simplified, at first it may look complicated, but i learned very quickly! It holds so much information and makes accounts payable and accounts receivable a quicker process.

It really does save time during my day to have access to all the information needed to process orders , along with during a busy day, it just all around makes my job easier and less time consuming.

"Organization"

What do you like best?

This allows companies to organize their finances very well and in depth. I use this at work and at home for various things like calculating interest on loans, vehicle depreciation, mortgage interest, regular bills, etc...I used to use excel spreadsheets before I found out about quick books, this has made managing finances much easier.

What do you dislike?

I found out there’s no IT support for this software, we’ve had issues in the past where it was difficult to get glitches fixed. I noticed the proving changes a lot and it seems like it’s per user and sometimes it changes even if the user is the same which I cannot figure out.

There are many benefits and uses like purchase orders, creating statements for multiple customers, organizing all of the company’s finances and even creating and preparing 1099s.

QB Enterprise review by User

"Perfect Tool for Small-Medium Businesses"

What do you like best?

The batch entry features and bulk editing make working with multiple companies a breeze. No more editing or entering one thing at a time.

What do you dislike?

Integration with other software is severely lacking. Most things have to be brought in through import rather than a direct link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Focus on integration with common software such as Office and Google Drive, Dropbox.

QB allows us to have our entire accounting team plus our CPA working simultaneously in the same company. This is a huge benefit over other software that is restrictive about multi user access.

QB Enterprise review by User in Financial Services

"Defacto accounting standard"

What do you like best?

It seems like everyone knows how to use Quickbooks and it has become more or less a standard. For that reason, it is almost plug-and-play software. Once it's up and running, your people will be expert users in no time.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the more advance features and/or complex accounting situations require you to buy additional modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your employees probably already know how this works, so it won't be hard to get it going. If there are advanced features you need, you can even use Quickbooks until you get off the ground and decide whether to buy the advanced features or switch software entirely.

We were using it to track finances for small projects in my most recent use of the software. In previous positions, especially small companies, Quicken was used for pretty much all accounting needs.

QB Enterprise review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"It's big enough for the small business, not enough for medium-sized"

What do you like best?

It works well enough. The data is there, there are a lot of reports and memorized reports. Exporting is huge so I can really play around with the data to find nuggets of truth.

What do you dislike?

It's really slow with as much data as we have. It also feels like it was built for the 1990's. It's time for an update.

Access to sales data with our existing customers. We look at detailed histories and well as summarized reports. I'm in sales so I only look at reports and history. I don't use it personally to enter sales or for any other purpose.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Haley N.</span>
Haley N.

"QuickBooks"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to search invoices, purchase orders, and information from years and years and years ago

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's not necessarily the most user friendly software, and I believe it is able to do a lot of things that I currently don't even know how to utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very powerful software, and I would suggest taking a class to learn all that it can do!

Accounting management software

QB Enterprise review by <span>Stacie B.</span>
Stacie B.

"Best Accounting Software for small to mid range businesses"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise makes small business cost-based accounting manageable. Some financial advisers dislike the flexibility but I feel that the flexibility is actually the strongest feature of the software.

What do you dislike?

While the software allows for flexibility in regards to the input of data there is a certain rigidity to the reporting and custom report building.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running a large number of transactions and are noticing that QB Pro is getting slower and slower in regards to processing it might be time to upgrade.

Cost based accounting for a variety of businesses in both the For Profit and Not for Profit arenas.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Ida Z.</span>
Ida Z.

"Organized Office"

What do you like best?

Helps keep me organized with clients & vendors.

What do you dislike?

There is Nothing I dislike about the program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the program. It will help keep records up to date and stay help stay organized and productive.

All billing and invoicing are well kept and organized. Yearly taxes are effortless with the quarterly and year end reports generated from the program.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great accounting software for small business!"

What do you like best?

We've been able to get by using Quickbooks for the past few years. I do think we'll outgrow soon, but it has been a great software for us to date. I like how easy it is to use, and that a lot of other softwares easily integrate with it.

What do you dislike?

Since the interface is pretty simple, there are features that we wish Quickbooks had. There's no way to set an invoice to be paid immediately on shipment. Also, wish there was a way to have sales orders automatically emailed out.

There's also no great way to create bundled items in Quickbooks that will work with our other integrated softwares.

Our finances all revolve around Quickbooks! The ease of use has been very beneficial.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Dustin K.</span>
Dustin K.

"Great Product "

What do you like best?

This program allows me to keep all clients organized and is easy to go back and find estimates, and invoices, The graphs are also a great feature of the program.

What do you dislike?

At very inconvenient times, the program will have an error and need to shut down and not save my work.

Much quicker and easier way for me to enter and save data.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Glen G.</span>
Glen G.

"It's Just OK"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to pick up the basics, like processing payroll, using the bank register, employee profiles.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is not easy to learn, not enough robust "canned" reports.

We run payroll, general ledger, AP and AR out of QB. We make it work, certainly not the most powerful system out there.

QB Enterprise review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, including setting up chart of accounts, classes, jobs, customers and vendors. With a short one day class most people can use this for their small business.

What do you dislike?

Search function could be better. Difficult to search transactions by amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a professionally taught class. Quickbooks can do a lot for you and your business, provided you know the tools/reports to use and how to access them.

Creating and staying within budgets, analyzing year over year spending/savings, paying bills, Benefits realized include more streamlined accounts payable and accounts receivable, better asset tracking.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Marissa C.</span>
Marissa C.

"Great features"

What do you like best?

The ability to open multiple companies at one time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are well hidden and the help information isn't very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple companies and would like the ease of viewing them at the same time then this is the product for you.

The ability to see the insights of a company, trends, overview. Things you would have had to put together from many pieces of information in the past.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator

"Works well for small businesses. "

What do you like best?

Great for setting up vendor lists and setting up for check writing. Easy to review checks before printing, Great for 1099's, it fills out the forms for you and you just print. My boss was not very tech savvy and had no problem learning to use the software.

What do you dislike?

We had an issue updating vendors. Seems like it should have been easy but we had to call support to get the vendor list to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up your vendors correctly especially if they have more than one location you deal with.

We were filling out 1099's by hand previously and this software made it so much simpler. We could pull the vendors we need to send them too and it would print the forms.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Jessica H.</span>
Jessica H.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

I love that Quickbooks is user friendly and that the support when you do have an issue is great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, i love Quickbooks. I dont think that there shoud

We use it for just the bookkeeping side right now, but we are looking into making Quickbooks our accounting software and our POS

QB Enterprise review by <span>Marlin C.</span>
Marlin C.

"We've trusted Quickbooks for over 15 years."

What do you like best?

Enterprise dashboard has a great flowchart for the accounting workflow. Makes it super simple to follow and easy for someone not so familiar with accounting to get stuff done.

What do you dislike?

Software does look a little old school. Really no complaints, as it has every feature we could ever need.

Full accounting including payroll, inventory, invoicing, CRM, and billing. Our dispatching software, FieldEdge, integrates with Quickbooks. Our technicians hours, invoices and customer info is synced over.

QB Enterprise review by <span>Shaina S.</span>
Shaina S.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

This software is extremely user friendly. I enjoy all of the quickbooks software programs. We are a tax firm and we use all different ones for different types of clients. This one is great for non-profit organizations.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

It solves all of my bookkeeping needs!

QB Enterprise review by <span>Kirsten M.</span>
Kirsten M.

"Simple and useful program"

What do you like best?

You can make this system as simple or complicated as you need for your operation. Customer service has always been knowledgeable, polite, and helpful when needed.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think I really have any features that I truly dislike.

My company uses QB for all of its accounting needs.

QB Enterprise review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"QuickBooks Quality"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks allows professionals to keep a comprehensive electronic filing system for all business related needs of inventory, billing, contacts, staff information, and more.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks might consider offering individualized online courses for helping customers understand how to use the program at its maximum capacity according to business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a new business, it would be good to incorporate QuickBooks in all areas of the business - utilizing the messaging centers to link to specific customers/vendors would help company communication and is a benefit not all softwares offer.

QuickBooks gives administrative personnel the freedom to grant specified accesses to members of the company according to what their job duties require. This allows for employees to work efficiently for their job's purpose.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Manager"

What do you like best?

Very flexible for the particulars common to small business accounting needs. Larger companies that require accounting departments should look at the competition's offering. I've never used QB outside of a small company so that's my context.

What do you dislike?

Very easy for users to make changes they really shouldn't be making. Can be somewhat avoided with permissions. Would be nice to have cleaner data exports for use with the 3rd party apps. We've found that QB doesn't inherently offer great reports for our needs. Would be nice to have better automated cost allocations for overhead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to use other accounting packages just to know what you've got with QB. It's flexibility is, to me, both its greatest strength and weakness. Those with ill intentions could easily get away with data deletion to cover their tracks; have gone through that before, not good for anyone. But, the ability to change entries easily for legitimate reasons is valuable to small businesses lacking a department full of accountants. Not the most robust in regards to reporting but there are many 3rd party apps that can use the exported data.

Has given us improved cost accounting for our construction jobs. Previously, we relied just on Excel to determine if each job was profitable but now we do so with QB. We started detailing our costs more recently and it has been much easier to find odd charges that otherwise could get lost in the shuffle.

QB Enterprise review by User

"Simple to use software "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to learn and navigate within QuickBooks- A lot of useful reports and the ability to customize them as needed

What do you dislike?

some things I would like to customize - like adding payment type ACH is not possible- occasionally I have to find manual solutions to handle my situation

Recommendations to others considering the product

QB handles everything I need it to do...

billing vendors and customers - its very easy to invoice, create credits, apply payments, accept payments.

Simple software to use

QB Enterprise review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Like Having My Own Bookkeeping Department"

What do you like best?

I can do almost anything a live bookkeeper can do--and as a sole proprietor, I save time and money by doing it myself.

What do you dislike?

I have a Mac and a PC--and the Mac version is not as easy to use as the PC version. I know Intuit is still wrestling with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learning curve is greater if using on a Mac--but still worth the investment if you are a (very) small business and can't afford or don't want to hire someone to do bookkeeping and accounting.

I can create estimates and invoices; track projects and customer balances--and compare revenue and expenses year to year. It is easy for me to create year-end for my accountant at tax season--something I used to do manually for many years.

QB Enterprise review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Fairly good program"

What do you like best?

Large support team, that has capabilities to solve different kind of problems in small amount of time. Program interface is user friendly and easily manageable.

QB can be synchronized with other programs so it saves time for some manual actions (PO, Customer creation etc)

What do you dislike?

There is still quite a lot of red tape, authorizations etc. I would say, my QB are running quite slow. I have worked on 3 PC's so far and in all of them, QB had technical issues.

Wait time for Customer Support is ridiculous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its is good tool to manage your business and user friendly. Training is not that hard, so other employees can pick it up as well.

Great for e-commerce as well, helps to work faster with PO and PL.

It is popular software so it can be integrated with vendors and other services ( for example, we use it with our fulfillment center and we don't have to transfer PL manually)

Book-keeping

Prediction of sales

Payroll

QB Enterprise review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is the Ultimate Accounting Software "

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise has variety of features that any large business can benefit from, such as custom reports, inventory management, full service payroll and etc

What do you dislike?

About the produ