Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise lets you manage your business from end to end with ease. Learn how its flexibility and functionality can work for you.

Work for Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise?

Learning about QB Enterprise?

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

Showing 418 QB Enterprise reviews
QB Enterprise review by francois  g.
francois g.

"Precise and Great Sales Analytic Tool!"

What do you like best?

Quick books has a very clear and simple interface. All the different shortcuts are very useful, you can navigate easily from customer to the reports , vendors etc.. All the time , you open a customer profile, you can see in few seconds all the main information about him. In 2 or 3 clicks, you can switch reports and see with details active or inactive customers, all relevant information for the accounting and key numbers for the different sales reports.

What do you dislike?

With Quickbooks, I dont use all the different interface. It will be great if we can customize the interface and make it even more useful and fast. All the time, you open a shortcut, it will open in a new page, sometimes you can have 10 different pages related to your research and it could be very challenging to navigate between those. Quick-books could be slow sometimes. It might crash, it depends how many people are using it at the same time. I will say QB is a great sales and accounting tool for small and medium company, when you are growing your team and/ or you use it everyday for everything, it is better if you get an update or a better version than this one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend QB for samll and medium companies than need a quick, easy-using and detailed tools foe the accounting, sales reports and inventory track. QB is well structured with all details you need. Sometimes you have way too many shortcuts and pages, you can easily-be lost when you use it for the first time. QB is not the best tool for big company with more than 50 employees, because it can crash or bug easily when you have more than 6 people using it at the same time. When you have +few million turnover, all the info you import could be too heavy for the software.

Most of the time, I use quickbooks to resolve the customer orders and pending sales. For each customers, you can see all details regarding the open balance and track unpaid invoices and late-paying customers. Moreover, I use quickbooks to do my monthly and annually sales reports by category and customers. You can also do a detailed inventory track and report which is very useful foe the shipping management.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise
QB Enterprise review by Allyson D.
Allyson D.

"simplicity at its finest"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that QB memorizes journal entries that way with one letter i can find the account i want to use and saves time during my day. If QB didn't have this quality i think many people would be frustrated with the product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes QB can't open up a workbook and I have to follow the steps to do it all over again and then works the second or third time that I try it works

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT. get and save yourself the time in the long run, the only thing in life we can never get back

I am trying to figure out why Qb balance is more than our bank statements right now and I keep undoing the monthly reconciliations but the benefit is that I can uncheck all checked transactions by undoing the monthly reconciliation.

What Accounting solution do you use?

QB Enterprise review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"Easy to use and recommended for small to medium size businesses"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is easy to use and easy to navigate. I have been using it for years and find it is perfect for small to medium size businesses. It has many capabilities I haven't even used yet but from using it for many years, I have seen a big improvement in what the program is capable of.

I currently use Quickbooks with our other business software and it seamlessly imports everything we need. It also does this really fast and we've never had any issues with information importing to Quickbooks.

The financial reports are also so quick to create!

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks is not ideal for large or public businesses (lacks in controls), in my opinion. But this is fine because it is perfect for smaller to medium sized businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe there are trials of Quickbooks available and I highly recommend trying it because you will be convinced. It's a great product that has gotten better over the years and continues to improve. It is also very affordable and has capabilities that make bookkeeping a breeze!

The business I work with now works in multiple currencies. Quickbooks handles this really well. I also find the tracking of capital assets very helpful! As the accountant for a small and quickly expanding business, I find that Quickbooks is able to grow as we do. It also produces very useful and easily customizable financial statements that provide my superiors to make important and informed decisions for the business.

QB Enterprise review by Melanie S.
Melanie S.

"The Most Amazing All-In-One Software Ever!"

What do you like best?

I can do everything with QuickBooks. From inventory to taxes, it is the one must have for small business owners. If you don't have QuickBooks, you are not helping your business.

What do you dislike?

I think the saying, "less is more," is pretty accurate with QuickBooks. There are so many things in QuickBooks that I struggle every now and then to find the thing I am looking for at that moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is amazing. If you have a small business, you need it. Your business is right there at your fingertips. I do not know how a small business can run without it.

I look a lot of things up in QuickBooks that I otherwise would not be able to find as quickly in the software we use for the purchase orders. I do all of the accounts payable/receivable in QuickBooks.

QB Enterprise review by Casey C.
Casey C.

"Great software for the right size company"

What do you like best?

It's easy to get started with QB and, if you have any experience at all, it's pretty easy to use. That said, the quantity, quality and flexibility of the reporting is probably the best part about QB. You can report on anything in any level of detail, which helps to find both the good and the bad in your business!

What do you dislike?

There are still some basic things that QB doesn't do well, such as the ability to reconcile bank accounts when you use a journal entry with splits against your account. It's a bit nitpicky, but sometimes I have to re-enter transactions to to back out of these types of situations in order to reconcile my accounts. In other words, there are things you have to learn trial-and-error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The desktop version is still far better than the cloud version (according to my accountant, who has to use both).

I'm using QB to both run my own business and keep the books for a Boy Scout troop. Syncing with bank accounts is pretty seamless and tracking some unique needs for Scouting are both pretty easy to do in QB.

QB Enterprise review by Angelina D.
Angelina D.

"Quickbooks For Sales Receipts"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks lets employers create an account to track sales and manage inventory. It shows the customers names and all payments they've made, and any inventory they've bought.

What do you dislike?

It has a lot of steps when it comes to uploading receipts, but it does allow for that to also help larger businesses specify the location, and accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks will help businesses assess their market and sales. This will allow them to understand their profits and check the graphs to see a rise or drop within each month.

Quickbooks has many tools that can make doing business simple. You can track expenses, and profits and stay extremely organized. You can also download the QuickBooks app and scan and upload the physical receipts as well or simply take a picture of it.

QB Enterprise review by Alexa C.
Alexa C.

"Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

I like the progressive invoicing option. It keeps more organized and I can track if they have paid only a portion of the invoice or the entire invoice. Also most features are very easy to use. My customers and jobs are easy to have access to and anyone with general knowledge can understand quickly what the situation is with every project. I like that fact that we can personalize our invoice and estimate sheets as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it is somewhat difficult to set up the system for the customer to pay with a credit card easily. I still have not been able to properly set this up. I am not sure if the customer has to give me their credit card number and I save it in the system, or if they should input their information themselves, as they would do on quick books online. Also, also the email logging in that you have to do when sending invoices, after you are already logged on to the system is somewhat irritating. I still do not think that customers get to view the invoice when the open the attachment or click on the link. I always have to send a separate email with the invoice attached for them to view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a great software to use for invoicing and keeping track of numbers.

I would not necessarily say problems, but we are solving, invoicing, payments and expense tracking. Everything is more clear and organized now. Once invoices are created, customers can receive them and pay promptly.

QB Enterprise review by Nicholas H.
Nicholas H.

"Wouldn't use any other product"

What do you like best?

I would have to say that the best things about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is the easy-to-navigate process menus on top of the familiar user interface (UI) for current QuickBooks users. It has a huge user community not to mention simple forms and report customization. A large number of standard and contributed reports mixed with excellent import capabilities makes this a no brainer.

What do you dislike?

There are no Economic Order Capabilities and it has a basic low inventory warning that doesn't really fit my needs. There is no true central documentation which would make it easier to access and learn on the fly. Plus, the mobile access is an add-on service which is kind of a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a good intermediate step up for businesses that have outgrown other QuickBook versions. But it has scalability limitations and a proprietary database that might quickly constrain growing midsize companies.

Business accounting made simple as well as organizing everything for multiple users. It makes it easier when it's a widely recognized system that many people are familiar with.

QB Enterprise review by Scott T.
Scott T.

"Great accounting system but lacking in Inventory Control and other functions"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about QuickBooks is the ease of use of the system but that is probably about as much as I can say that I like about it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inventory control features in the system and how difficult that one module is to operate. It is supposed to have serial number functionality but trying to use if for such is next to impossible!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that is just an accounting system then I think you will be happy with Quickbooks. But if you are looking for something that is going to be meatier and more dynamic then keep looking. Quickbooks is great for accounting but lacking a lot in CRM and inventory modules.

None...in fact we are in the process of migrating everything out of Quickbooks and into NetSuite OneWorld so that we have all of our companies in one location.

QB Enterprise review by Sam S.
Sam S.

"Better solutions elsewhere"

What do you like best?

The user interface and organization seems to be easy enough for most people to navigate. Great for a single accountant or small business with minimal experience. Simple to use interface and easy to understand reports. Widely used, so easy to find and accountant who can operate the software. Has it ability link into TurboTax for simplified end of year taxes. Part of it Intuit suit of software, so data is more portable between different intuit products.

What do you dislike?

Antiquated networking technology; I would not consider this an enterprise grade application. It works fine as a local file on your hard drive but doesn't seem to have been designed with networking in mind. I've experienced nothing but constant issues with multi-user file access, I do not recommend this software for a multi-user environment. Integrations are not easy to implement, you are better off with more modern cloud based software that has a fully developed and standardized API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully evaluate your needs before selecting this software. There are a lot of better alternatives in various cloud based solutions.

It fulfills the need for an accounting software. Helps with sending invoices and retrieving payment from customers. Useful for reports and online banking.

QB Enterprise review by Dorca N. L.
Dorca N. L.

"love the 24/7 access from anywhere!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy access I can have to any of my clients account from anywhere! I like the that I can use estimates to send to clients and that I can convert it later to invoices. I also love the automation tool for invoicing by email, its really one of the best things I like from this.

What do you dislike?

Because of the price, is a little bit difficult to offer, since they will compare it to the price of desktop versions and that it doesn't have some of the features they are used to in the desktop version. The bank reconciliation is good, tho sometimes can be a little confusing, but its a great tool in general and really easy to use. I hope they add more tools like the Enterprise Desktop so I can convince my clients easier to change to online,.

I would love to see a reduction on its price, but its price has been going up lately, and that's one of the most difficult point s when I'm trying to convince my clients to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for accounting, I recommend it to simple small business.

I'm using it with some clients that are always on the move, so is easier for them to have access to their finances all the time.

QB Enterprise review by Philip G.
Philip G.

"Quickbooks user for 15 years"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is a universally accepted accounting language that links with many other software packages. It makes our accounting quick and painless. Training is easy to come by for the program.

What do you dislike?

There are some clunky features. For example, tracking employee wages in multiple municipalities is very limited. We switched payroll to fix this, but still use QB for all other accounting functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, seems to be the best accounting software available for very small business (less than 5 million?). The payroll is great as long as you don't need to track a bunch of municipalities.

We like all the automatic features available. When we switched to a seperate payroll processor, we found the QB side to be so efficient we really don't save any time...just a bit of hassle (and it fixed class tracking for us).

Reporting is great-we can get excellent accounting reports.

QB Enterprise review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

I like that all the functions are simple to find and reports are easily found and generated. I can make a customer statement with just a right click which is much easier than our other system. Any payments put into Quickbooks can be altered which is wonderful if you somehow make a mistake.

What do you dislike?

To do certain things you have to be signed in as the admin and not a tag along underneath the admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use it with Acctivate which helps a lot. There are certain things it just is painful to use by itself.

We use it for our vendor payments and to input customer payments. We started using Acctivate along side it and it has been really handy writing back and forth.

QB Enterprise review by Alfonso S.
Alfonso S.

"Small Business Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

I like the robust inventory, accounts receivable, and accounts payable modules of the Enterprise version. These modules really allow a larger small business, in particular construction, to do advanced job costing. You can attach payments and invoices to the appropriate customer with ease and see the profitability of each particular job.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the functionality and performance of the real time bank connection feature. It does not work at all. The Online version of Quickbooks works seamlessly at connecting bank accounts to quickbooks and getting a real time feed of that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the Online version if you do not use to plan to use the inventory function.

Quickbooks Desktop provides an easy to use solution for small business accounting that allows just about anyone to participant in bookkeeping and accounting in a small business. It also has job costing functions that allow Construction and other service type businesses to determine which jobs are profitable and which are not.

QB Enterprise review by Jacqueline S.
Jacqueline S.

"Easy to learn easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Out of all of the Quickbooks products that i have used, I would have to say that Enterprise solutions seems to be one of the easier platforms. Once you learn how to use it, it is pretty much like clock work. Also the customer service for enterprise is the best of the quickbooks tech support as they are located in the united states so they are not just reading a script. They are able to log in to your system remotely and help you with any issues you may be having and come up with a solution. There is usually a very short wait when it comes to calling Enterprise support so you are not sitting in a que for hours waiting to speak with someone.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I wish that I was able to turn off such has the site for inventory tracking. We only have one location that uses quickbooks but it makes me assign inventory to a certain location each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks is great for tracking inventory as well as vendors of where you get each supply from.

We use Quickbooks for every function of the business from inventory tracking, to payroll. Accounts receivable and accounts payable.

QB Enterprise review by Maria I.
Maria I.

"Quickbooks Enterprise is best for Business with large client database! "

What do you like best?

With Enterprise, I can easily switch through different accounting perapectives, generate real time reports and integratedifferent payment options, billing options and the Best is the interface and templates. Plus the community is really helpful.

your most pressing questions, the community got all the answers .

Quickbooks boasts many pro advisors who are experts in optimizing your use of the software. the customer service is great too.

What do you dislike?

Enterprise offers other functions such as the payroll and tax payments on a different subscription. Being able to cut costs is a must for each business.

In order to integrate this functions, this will cost a little more. You must bac

Accounting and Financial status is a critical part of business. Quickbooks gives you a clear view of where your business is.

QB Enterprise review by Connie H.
Connie H.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

I have recently started learning how to use QB and found it quite easy to use and when I had question, I could click the help button that always answered any question. I was able to track sales, cost, do payroll and it is right at my fingertips.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about using QB. I wish I had learned how to use it years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't assume that's it hard to learn or not worth the money because this is a wonderful program and worth the time to learn it. It will simplify your life and help you grow you business.

I am able to track company growth from past years, know who my best customers are, where I can cut cost and where my best sales are at all times.

QB Enterprise review by Dan H.
Dan H.

"Everything I need and more"

What do you like best?

Every kind of report I could ever think of already part of the reports list

What do you dislike?

Seems to lag behind technologically - with web mail integration for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very likely that the basic version of this software will do more than you're doing now. Intuit has moved to a mass selling - phone and chat center style of support which is appropriate for the price of this product. If you want on-site consulting and a lot of direct hand holding you'll need to pay a LOT more. Save yourself a lot of money, QB is such an industry standard you can get online support that is more than adequate.

Full accounting reports, analysis and operations.

QB Enterprise review by Alfonso S.
Alfonso S.

"Quickbooks Enterprise, A Solution for Contractors"

What do you like best?

I like Quickbooks Enterprise for larger clients that are on an accrual basis. It is a great solution for tracking accounts receivable and accounts payable. It is also a good solution for tracking inventory. I like the ability to enter in inventory and then apply it to invoices. A plus is the job costing feature which Quickbooks Online currently lacks.

What do you dislike?

The linking of the bank accounts is almost unusable because only the owner of the bank account can have access. If the owner of the bank account does not want to give his main access user name and password to his employees, they will not be able to link the bank account. Quickbooks Online has corrected this issue and as a result Quickbooks Enterprise will slowly be phased out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not go down this road....go with Quickbooks Online.

Good solution for large organizations, solves the problem of tracking inventory, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.

QB Enterprise review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Enterprise Solutions 17.0"

What do you like best?

This program is extremely user friendly. We have converted all of our business to the QuickBooks platforms so that our owner has continuity across a clothing store, construction company, and a professional laundry service. One office manager can technically run all three businesses.

What do you dislike?

Automatic updates for payroll service need to be double checked to make sure individual withholding or reporting rates are not altered or incorrect when new rates push from QuickBooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Its user friendly and has great US based support.

Continuity across multiple businesses, has given the Office Manager for our construction firm the ability to train and update the staff our other businesses even though they are so vastly different! Great software that is easy to learn but still provides all the reporting and income tracking needed for large scale construction and inventory management for a laundry service and commission structures for the clothing store!

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Perfect for Small Business Needs"

What do you like best?

It's versatile! QB is useful for the start to the end of the job. From setting up clients for proposals and quotes to invoicing. Being able to perform multiple accounting functions in this program make my tasks simpler. I can export documents and send them directly to our accountant, send invoices directly to customers, manage my banking and do payroll.

What do you dislike?

It can be very overwhelming for first time users, but provided training and a little practice makes this system great. There's not much else that I dislike about this program. It can be a little slow at times but the amount of functions I can do outweigh any dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use it, or call support when you have questions. This product is awesome.

It's my all in one shop. Before I outsourced payroll, I used QB. I can manage my banking, audit reports, customer accounting, and so much more all in one program. I have more time to work on other duties since I don't have to use 4 or 5 different programs.

QB Enterprise review by Ayianna F.
Ayianna F.

"Comprehensive Accounting"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks handles changes to the chart of accounts seamlessly, every accounting function needed is present,

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some of the features don't filter by things I want them to - like the audit trail as a primary example. I also strongly dislike the graphic user interface - I find it annoying in general and use the menu bar to navigate or keystroke shortcuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it now. There isn't another product that works quite like QB Desktop or as thoroughly useful to users of all levels of proficiency

quick looks into the chart of accounts have revealed areas of improvement for transparency, reports are easy to pull and glimpse through

QB Enterprise review by Ruojia X.
Ruojia X.

"Review for quickbooks desktop enterprise"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly provides a good layout of different functions as well as the sections, and I also like the design that it can direct you to different places without the need to close the previous one

What do you dislike?

Lots of hidden function which I think it's kind of difficult for a beginner to start and learns, the software should provide more tutorial and help , and sometimes when the financial statement or data is large, it could slowdown the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most basic funcation such as entering joural enetry is very esay but the it could be a challenge to manipulate the data. Need to watch tutorial and understand the business before use, also, must pay attention to details.

Input journal entry, create financial statement as well as trackback previous financial information. The benefit include quick input and easy to track back and fix the error , and it's very esay to transit between the quickbook itself and excel.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator

"Does not meet our requirements"

What do you like best?

Easy to use ... too easy. You can get yourself into trouble without much effort. Does not require actual understanding of accounting principals, which is both good and bad, depending on what you want to be able to do with the product.

What do you dislike?

For me, this is way to simple. The inventory section is lacking, and the entire process takes too long. 10 minutes for a build? We have this hosted with our dealer. Should be onsite / local. The windows for data entry are always changing the column widths. Very frustrating. Remedies are provided but do not work consistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend for manufacturer with more than 500 inventory items, or builds that require sub assemblies, etc.

The only benefit is that it eventually will allow you to get your work done. The GL part of the program and the drill down capabilities are good (mostly), but the bad things out weigh the good things. Would probably be good for a smaller company, although ours is fairly small. We have > 1500 inventory parts, and that bogs down the entire system.

QB Enterprise review by User in Internet

"Easy to use Accounting Software that's an okay choice more small to mid-sized companies."

What do you like best?

Quickbooks user interface is very clean and easy to use. All basic accounting features are laid out and can be accessed easily. One of the best features is that due to the popularity of Quickbooks, there are a ton software and programs that can be synced to it. Importing CSV files to record large amounts of data is easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The ability to access prior records and edit it is bad for proper internal control. Quickbooks can become "buggy" at times which makes it very frustrating during the month-end close period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks is the standard accounting software for smaller companies. The price and ease of use makes it a easy choice.

We use Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise for our basic accounting needs. It's easy to use and the ability to sync with multiple outside programs helps save us a bunch of time.

QB Enterprise review by Internal Consultant in Textiles
Internal Consultant in Textiles

"QuickBooks "

What do you like best?

Somewhat simple to use. Inexpensive, comparatively. It covers the basics well. I think it is definitely intended for a smaller company. It does seem to small for our size company currently. There are some really good elements in place ... i.e. payroll administration

What do you dislike?

Bad database design, locked down (in terms of accessing data). Reports are limited and not easily customized. Not easy to do simple things such as sort by columns, search for customers function is a little weak - it takes a long time. Generating custom reports can take a long time and potentially lock up the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to read the documentation thoroughly. To ensure that the product is used properly. Customization is allowed but not supported well in the program and database. Would recommend adding something like QQube to enhance the custom reporting capabilities. The reporting within Quickbooks can be rather clunky and difficult to work with. Would also make sure your process flow chart matches QB's flow chart otherwise it will be challenging to customize. Also - there is no way to connect Sales Orders to Purchase orders.

Basic Accounting. Able to manage finances. Overall customer management. It also houses all of the data for our custom reporting. The basic reporting is pretty helpful as well - although somewhat lacking.

QB Enterprise review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Convenient, functional, intuitive."

What do you like best?

I am a relatively new accounting professional, with limited accounting experience. I have been using Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise and it works well for my company's needs. It was easy and fast to learn how to use, and helped reinforce accounting principles I was taught in training. If I need to perform a new-to-me task, it is usually very simple to figure out on my own.

What do you dislike?

I work with multiple entities, and it would be nice to have more than two companies open at a time. It may just be an issue with my PC, but it is very slow to log in to a company. It typically takes around five minutes to log in. I spend a lot of time switching between.companies.

My primary job function is AP. Quickbooks allows me to handle these tasks with ease, and re-bill expenses to our customers.

QB Enterprise review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Complicating the Business Of Life"

What do you like best?

It has the ability to gives us an accounting format for our business

What do you dislike?

Your slogan "simplify the busness of life" is not true. Intuit has manged to complicate it unnecessarily. First off, customer support is the worst of any large company, and that includes the notorious phone and cable companies that I have ever experienced. I am a small business Enterprise customer and yet no direct lines to its people. Intuit outsources it's customer support to call centers(mostly the Philippines) and while they may be able to speak English, they do not completely understand. I had to repeat my requests and questions several times before I got any semblance of an answer.

No 2- Intuit, by default, puts you on an annual payroll auto-renewal-great for the companies, bad for customers. You cannot change this through Enterprise desktop app nor on-line. Therein lies the problem. It takes multiple calls, transfers, and hours waiting(not an exaggeration) to get to the right department. This is a total waste of time and hugely frustrating.

No 3 Quickbooks keeps increasing the amount charged every year for payroll(I have the desktop enhanced payroll version). Why? Nothing new has been added. I have left three messages to a small business Enterprise representative I worked with last year(yes managed to get a number miraculously).

No 4. Just got off a call and was on the line for 1 hour(and another transfer) and still no resolution to my annual payroll questions, or trying to find out more about Enterprise 18(which we have been considering upgrading from Enterprise 15). By the way, the website for Quickbooks Enterprise is experiencing problems so can’t get info there. This has tested the patience of the most rational reasonable person. We may be going a different direction next year because of such poor communication, contact methods, and customer service.

See above

QB Enterprise review by Amreen C.
Amreen C.

"Gets the job done- quickbooks"

What do you like best?

I liked best that I was able to print my data in the same format and I was seeing it in the system. In my office, we sadly used paper as much as we used the computer.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the speed of the system. Sometimes with too much data, it would start to slow down and cause me to work slower. Thankfully, it never fully crashed on me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe a way to make this easily usable for individuals who need this for personal accounting. For example, with no experience in bookkeeping and reconciling, there is no way I would be able to know how to use this software easily. As with any software, there can also be an interface upgrade to make it more user friendly.

I was bookkeeping for my company's clients. When I started, I had some reconciling to do starting from 10 years prior using the client's bank statements. I realized that Quickbooks was the best way to do this without having to manually reconcile the books.

QB Enterprise review by Sharon F.
Sharon F.

"Quickbooks has been around for a long time because it's reliable"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has always been the affordable and reliable way to conduct business. You can choose what plan you want, if you do the online version, starting at $15 a month for the most basic or up to $50 OR you can buy the Desktop Professional for $300 (with only one user). There are also add-ons you can purchase for different prices, such as varying levels of payroll. For a small church like ours we only need the one desktop plan.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about working with Quickbooks. It's a great, user-friendly program to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are unsure if you want the desktop version, I would recommend doing a monthly trial of the online version which I mentioned earlier.

We use it to track employee's times and for payroll, mostly. We may start using it for other things later. I am not in charge of decision making or I would definitely be pushing to get it for our company!

QB Enterprise review by David T.
David T.

"Mainstay for Small Business. "

What do you like best?

Creating a new company within QB's is simple, easy, and straight forward; as well as using the product itself. I maintain multiple companies within QB's, combining Financials from multi-companies makes it easy to see the health of your business without potential user error.

What do you dislike?

I use QB's on a server with multiple users, it has a tendency to timeout and crash often. When it does crash, the user it crashed on has downtime while QB's finally logs that user out. QB's need to add a Force Quit / Log off User for Admin's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QB's is tired-and-true; you own the software and your data is not at the mercy of cloud based systems with monthly subscriptions. It is not a full robust ERP system, so don't expect that.

QB's is used and updated daily. It allows me to see my business real-time, update my forecast based on factual history, and produce financials on the fly.

QB Enterprise review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I wish I could use online version . . ."

What do you like best?

Reporting is simple. Reconciling and bank feeds is pretty simple, although i wish the vendor name would autofill in the vendor field. Right now, it just goes into the memo, if that.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could use the online version for multiple companies that I run. But it gets costly for a solopreneur who is running several entities. So I go with the desktop version because it doesn't cost me anything extra. The biggest downside is I can't have multiple companies open at the same time. I have to close one before i can open another one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If price isn't an issue, just go with the online version. Online is on the cloud, backed up, easier to share with accountant/CPA, takes up less hard-drive space. And you don't have to keep downloading those pesky updates and re-start the computer every time.

Reporting is simple. I like the year to year comparison with %/$ change

QB Enterprise review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Excellent Program with Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I've used Quickbooks for more than 10 years, but they've really got the knicks worked out. Plus they give you your own customer service rep and I can literally call him a bunch of times a day and he'll always stop and help me.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like, but some of the double entry uploads are super annoying

I import all of my information so it takes away the necessity to hand enter all the information and that is a super efficient thing to do.

QB Enterprise review by Kristen R.
Kristen R.

"User Friendly program for a smaller sized business"

What do you like best?

I love that there are keyboard shortcuts for everything. It saves so much time rather than digging through menus for features you don't use all the time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the speed is effected by the size of the reports that are being run. It seems to get bogged down by the large amounts of data that we have in the program. The speed to download reports into Excel is quite slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, this is a great program from a smaller company. While we are currently operating a company with 5million plus in sales, it is beginning to seem like we are out growing this program.

Our inventory management has been greatly improved using QuickBooks. The ability to monitor inventories in multiple locations at the same time has solved a lot of issues for us. Also, we have created an entire employee voucher program, using QB to monitor product costs and participation in this program.

QB Enterprise review by Lucas K.
Lucas K.

"Use invoice templates as another marketing tool"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks has everything you need for accounting, invoices, mileage tracking, payroll and more. But it also gives a marketer another area to announce new products, events, or other things your customers can sign up for!

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks is not very user friendly because all of the unique things you can do in quickbooks. It is not very intuitive to use and many tools in the software are hard to find. You need to be sure to have a pro walk you through the software in detail and show you all the unique and customizable things you can do within the software. The tools to customize the invoices is pretty old-school and could use an extra update to help make life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for accounts receivable, payable, payroll, and invoices. I strongly recommend to have a professional help walk through the software to show all the tools, customization, and details that can be easily missed for newer users.

Our company uses Quickbooks for accounts receivable and payables, invoices, payroll, mileage tracking, and so much more. Personally, I jump onto the the software for marketing use by adding customized invoice announcements.

QB Enterprise review by Serenity A.
Serenity A.

"Great Accounting Program"

What do you like best?

It allows you to solve all of your accounting issues in one program. You can do invoices , apply payments to those invoices. Prepare Accounts receivable reports. Enter bills, pay bills, accounts payable reports. Prepare payroll and create most of the reports needs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis. It allows you to search by many different things, name, amount, etc.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was an easier way to import from other programs. Being able to import inventory/customer lists, etc for more programs would be extremely helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a class on quickbooks or do some online classes on quickbooks. It will make it easier to use it and will cause less issues for you later. Utilize the support. They are extremely helpful and can help you fix many problems and help you navigate the program also. Make sure everyone using the program knows what they are doing when adding items or else everything will end up messed up.

Preparing payroll reports. Keeping track of who owes us money and who we owe money to. Tracking inventory. Knowing how much money we have in the bank at all times.

QB Enterprise review by Robin H.
Robin H.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

"Purchase/Sales By Item Detail" reports. Also customer history & contact info is easy to access.

What do you dislike?

You can't customize your bill of materials very much, like you can do with a report. You can't change the format, which I need to do. So I've been using a customized "build assembly" form as my BOM. But it's annoying because to make the form, I have to actually build minimum 1 assembly. And then it's hard to find that form again when I need to print another copy. Also checking inventory amounts is a hassle. Customer transaction history should be more sortable and have more filters. Cost of items should have an optional field showing when it was last updated.

I use it to enter shipments, look up purchase and sales history.

QB Enterprise review by Beth H.
Beth H.

"QuickBooks Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I like that the system provides continual updates. It is also nice that updates don't change the product such that users have to completely relearn where to find things and how the system works. I like being able to customize each company for easy recognition we color code each location.

What do you dislike?

The ability of charts and graphs is unsophisticated and needs to have more ability for customization. We use Charts and Graphs in monthly and annual reports and have to export data in order to prepare the necessary documentation. It would be great to be able to pull charts and graphs directly from QuickBooks that are more customizable and allow for more flexibility in the data pulled and how it is displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks has great functionality and ease of pulling reports to analyze data. Exporting data is easy. Our company manages 7 different facilities where the books must remain separate, but we need to be able to analyze data across facilities for performance comparison. QuickBooks makes it easy to pull and compare data from multiple companies.

We manage propertied for seven different entities. Being able to separate and compartmentalize these is great, but it is also nice that reports can be combined from multiple accounts. Ease of setup is great. We just added a new location and it took less than an hour to get everything setup and ready to begin using.

An added value for our organization is that I can give users permission to view only so that they can review and see their data, but are unable to make changes that could affect the integrity of the data.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator

"Great product when it works!"

What do you like best?

The ease of financial reporting and able to make changes in journal entries. I find it to be more user friendly than many other accounting software programs.

What do you dislike?

We have a lot of issues with it not connecting to the network or to change to multi-user mode. Also trying to get fast customer service is not possible. If you have to call them, then you know to block out at least an hour to deal with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with it. It is a great software when it works. It can do pretty much every thing we need but the issues of it not working sometimes is very frustrating.

We use this for our small company and we are able to quickly and efficiently do our month-end close and financial reporting.

QB Enterprise review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is a workhorse!"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise can handle anything and everything! From payables to receivables to reporting, it does it all. The layout is straight forward and any feature you would need is easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

It'd be great to have a system this robust available in the cloud, but I haven't found Quickbooks Online to be nearly as useful or effective as QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. We haven't found the payroll feature to be useful, as we need a full service payroll company for all our needs. Support is not as accessible as one would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Desktop enterprise isn't cheap and is an investement (not a month-to-month subscription), but if you need a robust accounting system, it's worth the cost.

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise handles all our accounting needs in one place, so we have accurate and up to date financials. Clients and CPA's can be given access as needed.

QB Enterprise review by Joanndith M.
Joanndith M.

" Good product but beware of data heavy files"

What do you like best?

Again, another great product from into it but I have found when I have clients that have a lot of data in their system, there can be breaks in the system. And I'm talking the kind of break that even intuit itself cannot fix. It is nice however to have some of the features that are normally reserved for accountants copies of quickbooks only like batch entry and reclassifying transactions. That makes it much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the system can break you the point where you either continue to use the broken copy or forfeit your years of data by getting a completely new copy of such an expensive software.

It's great with their POS system which allows all of the transactional dealings to be stored in the same place as the actual accounting.

QB Enterprise review by Aba M.
Aba M.

"Quickbooks is a robust application for accounting needs, and very flexible at the same time."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Quickbooks desktop is the level of user-friendliness.

What do you dislike?

I find that in the 16 version that the color scheme system sometimes crashes and everything becomes black and white. I would expect that Intuit would fix the issue by now.

Quickbooks is a great tool for day-to-day operations, such as purchasing, invoicing and keep track of inventory. At the same time, your entries are compiling information for comprehensive business reports. Another good thing is that QB integrates with many apps. So, if let's say you have a salesman, then the salesman can have an app for CRM that syncs with QB for a seamless integration of business transactions.

QB Enterprise review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Quick software to get up and running for small business, but with limitations"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is one of the strong and well-known names in the business for small business accounting software that offers a lot of basic features in the simple package. Pricing is reasonable and there are a lot of user forums out there and training opportunities for free.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely limitations to Quickbooks. For example, if your small business has complex inventory, you might find Quickbooks challenging for tracking movement of your inventory or manufacturing processes. Or if you have a unique costing like FIFO, you might find it challenging to track layers within the system. The audit trail also leaves something to be desired.

Quickbooks can get you up and running as a small business and provide the majority of tools to meet your needs. Similar to the 80/20 rule, you may run into trouble as you grow as an organization and have more complex business needs to address - like manufacturing or inventory tracking.

QB Enterprise review by Erica C.
Erica C.

"Great, flexible software"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks is so easy to use. It also has an excellent reporting function and nothing is unnecessarily complicated like many other types of software.

What do you dislike?

Overall, QuickBooks is excellent. However, it's more for general use. If your company does something such as manufacting, you probably need manufacturing software to meet your needs. Also, only one person can easily bill at a time. Allowing for more than one person to bill at a time would be idea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should consider whether QuickBooks is specialized enough for the specific needs of your company. It is very good general software, but other types of software might be customized for your industry.

We use QuickBooks for billing and reporting and it is excellent at meeting both of those needs. We do not have to use outside reporting software to supplement QuickBooks.

QB Enterprise review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"QuickBooks Enterprise - Perfect for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use software and it is perfect for small businesses. It is constantly evolving and improving. It makes managing customers and vendors easy. QuickBooks has a lot to offer for the money and comes with an incredible back up service. Lastly, the system has been around for many many years, so it makes it easy to find a bookkeeper with years of experience with the software.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downfall to QuickBooks Enterprise is that it requires a lot of manual oversight and rebuilding especially if your company has a very large inventory on hand. The software allows inventory to go negative causing a lot of internal problems resulting in the company file having to be rebuilt nightly. I also strongly dislike the QuickBooks customer support when you call in. You are transferred to a call center located in another country with a strong language barrier. 9 times out of 10 you have to ask to speak with a supervisor before you can get to a resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Enterprise is very innovative, easy to use, and equipped for every small business needs. It offers customizable reporting, it is integrated with Excel making exporting easy, and it allows business to track employee information and ensure necessary regulatory compliance. It's a great solution for keeping all financials organized.

We have found the reporting in QuickBooks Enterprise to be very beneficial. You can create nearly any report that comes to mind with ease. Whereas, other accounting software systems we have used in the past made it very difficult to run and format certain reports. Adding custom fields to the vendor and customer side also makes reporting a lot easier.

QB Enterprise review by Christine K.
Christine K.

"Customer Services "

What do you like best?

The customer service has always been a huge bonus for me. I have had to call in with technical issues, reporting questions and a few other issues. Every individual I have spoken with has been helpful and very professional. If the first individual has not been able to help me they have found someone that has.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike at this time has been the wait time when I call in. I have had to wait on hold for an extended period of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using the full benefits that enterprise offers. I've called regarding technical issues, but I've also called with questions regarding reporting. Each time I have called in I have reached a very professional, knowledgeable and friendly individual.

I have called several times with technical problems and they technicians have been able to quickly trouble shoot my issue. In addition they have always been very professional and friendly.

QB Enterprise review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Quickbooks Desktop"

What do you like best?

I like that it's incredibly user friendly and easy to use. The dashboard as it's main home screen makes it easy for beginners to know what to do as they learn the ropes.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the non-profit iteration of QB Desktop. The terms don't change to best fit for the nonprofit business (like putting donars and grantors in as "Customers"). It also keeps hold of the Profit and Loss statement even though there is no profit in a nonprofit business. It's the small things that upset stakeholders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has the ability to satisfy all the small to medium sized business' needs for accounting. If it's a large business, it might not be the right fit.

I've used various version of Quickbooks Desktop throughout my accounting career - spanning over ten years. Each year gives new updates that are well-placed and usually well needed.

QB Enterprise review by JaCoby M.
JaCoby M.

"If you are an multi-million dollar company, then this is the QBs version you need"

What do you like best?

If you are a large business that is in the product industry, then QuickBooks Enterprise is the version you need. I used this version when I was working for a large e-commerce company. This version allows multiple users to login QuickBooks at the same time and get more work done. Very user friendly, easy to customize and do exactly what you would like to do.

What do you dislike?

With all QuickBooks software, the downside of QuickBooks is that since it is so easy to use, it is easy to make a mistake. The challenge is that it is sometimes impossible to figure out the mistake you made or it maybe many months before you notice the mistake and it will take tons of time to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to Use

Customizeable

Multiple Users logged in at the same time

Customize Almost anything

QB Enterprise review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Makes my life so much easier! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy this software is to navigate! It is very easy for anyone to learn, and it is pretty foolproof for the most part. It makes my invoicing so simple, and I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to look up certain invoices with limited information, but other than that I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will make your life so much easier, save you so much time, and It is so easy to transition to. I highly recommend this to everyone and anyone!

This has made invoicing so much easier! It has made it much simpler, quicker, and more foolproof!

It is easy to edit, and it is easy to navigate. It has truly made such a difference in the time that I spend invoicing!

QB Enterprise review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Quick Books application for work"

What do you like best?

Quick books has so many useful tools, You have both organized Vendor & Customer lists. Easy access to creating and saving sales orders along with processing invoices. You can add your company logo to these documents as well. Also Quick books creates specialized lists for you view certain company customers, vendors, customer type, etc.

What do you dislike?

Quick books does not have many down sides. Occasionally it will crash or shut down in the middle of printing out a list of invoices. Or just abort at a random time. (not often)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with Quick Books Enterprise. It has been great for our company's organization of our customers & vendors and all orders (sales, purchase)

Quick books has allowed our company to keep all of our company's Customers & Vendors, Orders, Purchase orders, & invoices stored and easily access for our convenience. It saves on paper work. Not as much stress is put on employees with such a great program.

Learning about Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise?

* We monitor all Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.