QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quickbooks Desktop Pro. Organize all your business finances in one place. Track your money, import from your bank, and always be ready for taxes. It's accounting software made easy.

Work for QuickBooks Desktop Pro?
Netsuiteerp leader  2x

Learning about Desktop Pro?

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 620 Desktop Pro reviews
Desktop Pro review by <span>Rosemary B.</span>
Rosemary B.

Great for Small Businesses

Validated Review
What do you like best?

My favorite part of the QuickBooks program is that it is not an "all or nothing" solution. We use this for sending out invoices and tracking payments but not for payroll and expenses, and it easily allows for this partial use. We don't have to use every feature it has, and it doesn't constantly request that we expand into other feature uses. I also like that it does not require advanced computer knowledge to run this program -- I am able to teach new people in the office the basics of using the program without any problem!

What do you dislike?

I have had some problems with the stability of the program, and I wish there were an easier or more streamlined way to create and save backup files. When the program automatically backs up it does have a tendency to freeze, and we have had to reinstall the program a few times. It is also difficult to get through to customer service -- there are a lot of departments, and it is not always clear which one to seek out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look carefully at which version you need. This one has a lot of features, and may not be necessary for everyone.

I implemented this software when I started my position with the company. It has greatly increased the organization of our billing and allows us to pull up account information quickly and accurately. Because of this program, we also switched to the Intuit mobile card payments, and that has made a huge difference in our ability to accurately and efficiently apply payments to their respective accounts.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Desktop Pro
Desktop Pro review by <span>Zachary B.</span>
Zachary B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

We use QB Desktop Pro for EVERYTHING! Paychecks, Invoicing, Customer Sales, Human Resources. The user interface is very simple. We have everyone in the office using it, and love being able to customize who can see what, and who has authorizations to perform certain tasks. We have also gotten a ton of use out of the Desktop File Doctor and the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool. We recently replaced our main computer and it threw us for a loop the first few days. Using those two tools, however, we were able to get our systems back up and running. Our staff usually receives very limited training, making this the PERFECT system. It requires very little explanation, and can be picked up over the course of a day, and mastered in less than a month.

What do you dislike?

Unless you take advantage of all of it's features, QB Desktop Pro can be somewhat clunky. I've read similar reviews that critique the ease of creating and sending invoices, and I agree. The default of utilizing Microsoft Exchange to send emails seems so outdated, and no matter which email program we select, there's still a 30% chance of it not working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan to use it for all the aspects of your business, it's the only way to go.

We have a centralized place for all of the most important aspects of our business. We utilize the reporting and ability to link email to client accounts almost every day.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Desktop Pro review by <span>Jill G.</span>
Jill G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the ability to import banking and credit card transactions, and the ability to track consulting hours to create invoices for my clients. I also like the ability to create report with my company logo, although the report editor needs improvement.

What do you dislike?

I have used the software for almost 15 years. It used to the the "gold standard," but seems to have peaked several years ago. The software has become more and more difficult to use. Now that Intuit has new owners, the products and support are lacking. I just upgraded my software this week, and it took several tries to install the Windows version. I am disappointed that Intuit no longer supports a Mac desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your company's needs before selecting small business accounting software. If you sell products or services, or plan to pay employees, then make sure that the software you select meets all of your "must have" requirements.

I use QuickBooks to manage my management consulting business. The software allows me to track consulting hours and expenses and create invoices for my customers. I can download bank and credit card transactions into QuickBooks and assign them to the proper projects and General Ledger accounts. At tax time, I create reports and give them to my accountant.

Desktop Pro review by <span>Sheri S.</span>
Sheri S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Quickbooks Pro is a fast and easy way to maintain time records and can be customized to provide the information you want in a way that tells you what you need to know. It organizes my billing and serves as an independent log of my clients and information about them and their cases.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had time to learn how to really use the program. I am sure it can do many things I am not currently using. Also, I find the tutorials and instructions difficult to follow and use. Every time I print bills, Quickbooks Pro tells me I can send the statements to clients electronically. I wish I could get my computers set up to do that and I wish I could figure out how to do it. As it is, I print the bill, scan it,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. Figure out the huge number of things it can do. Learn to use it so you take advantage of all its benefits.

I can input time and expenses throughout the day as I perform work. This saves a step and assures I am always up to date.

Desktop Pro review by <span>Richard G.</span>
Richard G.

The Industry Standard

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The user community and install base is huge so most issues have been handled before and you can find solutions online pretty easily.

What do you dislike?

Generating and sending invoices is more convoluted than it has any reason to be. There is no way to easily re-bill a set of invoices, you have to go into each one and select it. Sometimes when you create a new invoice for a client, it doesn't mark it as ready to print when saved, and there is no default settings to change this behavior. This has been a known issue for several years and Intuit doesn't seem to care about changing it.

Reports are pretty good. The ability to drill down on a report is better than just about any other program I've used. You can click on almost any number on a report and get a sub-report of everything that comprises that number.

Bank feeds cut off about half of the incoming transaction description from the bank (the rest gets put in memo field), extending the import would make creating rules a lot more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at quickbooks desktop and quickbooks online. They are similar but not identical, then make your choice

If your more than a one man show, you have to have an accounting package. I'm not certain that Quickbooks is the best thing,. but it absolutely is the most common for a reason. It works, and your accountant is going to know how to use it (which really really matters)

Desktop Pro review by <span>Shane O.</span>
Shane O.

Quickbooks makes accounting easy

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Quickbooks makes it easy to track expenses against a budget, keep up with payroll, or track down payments. It also ensures that you are always on top of things when it comes time to make tax withholding payments. It keeps all of your financial information and accounting records in one place. It's also helpful in tracking accruals of vacation time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search function isn't the easiest to work with. When trying to find a missing payment or a specific dollar amount, it sometimes doesn't seem to return all of the matching transactions. There is a little bit of a learning curve to start using Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks is the standard in accounting software, so I can't recommend this enough. Even if you aren't entering transactions on a daily basis, it's still helpful for an executive to be familiar enough to look up information so that you don't always have to rely on your accountant or bookkeeper to pull the information you need. The only drawback is that the one time we did need support, there were long waits on the phone and it was a little difficult to get our problem solved.

Quickbooks gives us an easy way to keep track of personnel payroll, vacation accruals, tax information, and custom deductions. It makes it easy to make sure we are following all state and federal guidelines on withholding as well. This is in addition to all of the other business benefits of tracking checks, revenue, expenses, etc.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about QuickBooks Desktop Pro?

* We monitor all QuickBooks Desktop Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.