QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quickbooks Desktop Pro. Organize all your business finances in one place. Track your money, import from your bank, and always be ready for taxes. It's accounting software made easy.

Work for QuickBooks Desktop Pro?
Rootstock 2x

Learning about Desktop Pro?

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 730 Desktop Pro reviews
Desktop Pro review by <span>Diane U.</span>
Diane U.

It Has a Mind of Its Own

What do you like best?

It has a beautiful interface and very nicely connects with your accounts.

What do you dislike?

PAYPAL DUPLICATE TRANSACTIONS: I couldn't figure out why I had up to three transactions in Quickbooks for every one PayPal debit card transaction. Frequently, there would be two debits and one credit in Quickbooks. It turns out that there is no workaround to prevent this from happening, even in the new software I'm using, but the new software clearly showed me what was happening with my account, which made finding a solution easy. (I'm currently in the process of switching accounting software.)

MISTAKES: Quickbooks also does not allow you to easily undo mistakes. Sometimes, you simply cannot. :-/

MOBILE APP: I get an error every time I try to upload a picture of a receipt using the mobile app. This is why I dinged "reliability."

RESOLUTION: With the PayPal issue, Quickbooks required that I unlink PayPal and connect it a certain way. This deleted all of my work with my previous transactions, such as categorizing and uploading receipts.

NOT FOR BEGINNERS: As someone who catches on quickly, QuickBooks was NOT intuitive (unlike the new software I'm switching to). Even after figuring out my PayPal issue, QB seems like too much of a pain to continue with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their search function to figure things out. You'll quickly find that support doesn't offer real solutions to anything.

Basic accounting for my small business. Organizing and record keeping to make tax season easy. Keeping electronic receipts organized and connected to transactions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Desktop Pro
Desktop Pro review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

Used 50% of Quickbooks for 11 years

What do you like best?

I am happy with the stability of the product. I run two insurance agency offices. So there is a lot of QuickBooks that I do not use. I don't bill customers or deal with receivables in the program. I don't keep an inventory or use credit cards through the QuickBooks.

I have been a long time user of their payroll though. I'm no accountant, but rather than use their full-service payroll, it's been easy enough to use their Enhanced. They calculate the pay and taxes. The program also builds up the payroll forms each quarter. I just need to process them. Easy with eFile for Feds. For State forms, I have to go to the State websites and transfer the QB form data to the state's format. But it's not overly cumbersome,

What do you dislike?

Payroll cost for what they do is high, in my opinion. I pay $465 annually, plus $7 per payroll check. I pay twice a month, That's $675 a year and all they really do is tweak the software. I'm still responsible for running the forms, error checking, submitting them and then paying any payroll taxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a light use business like an insurance agency, it's probably more software than you need. I could certainly get away with using a lighter type of program. But it is nice to have the flexibility of a comprehensive tool.

Having been a long..long...time Quicken user, getting up to speed on Quickbooks was not too much of a leap. At least not once I remembered my college accounting class. I

What Accounting solution do you use?

Desktop Pro review by <span>Zach C.</span>
Zach C.

Accountant Using QuickBooks Desktop for Hosted Businesses

What do you like best?

I like the familiarity of the QuickBooks interface. There has not been much turnover from year to year and moving from 2011 to QuickBooks 2017 with companies on every version in between is a breeze. I never feel lost inside QuickBooks

What do you dislike?

I do not like the certificates that open up with every use. I have to click through those and they just become a hassle. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with this software at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The comprehensive desktop solution to your accounting problems. There are numerous benefits to using desktop versus online. The main factor being the depth of use. Accountants will always feel more comfortable in desktop even though Online has taken off as of late.

We have been able to assist small businesses in securing profitability through the years with all of the information that QuickBooks supplies regarding the entries and financial data we have input.

Desktop Pro review by <span>Rosemary B.</span>
Rosemary B.

Great for Small Businesses

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the QuickBooks program is that it is not an "all or nothing" solution. We use this for sending out invoices and tracking payments but not for payroll and expenses, and it easily allows for this partial use. We don't have to use every feature it has, and it doesn't constantly request that we expand into other feature uses. I also like that it does not require advanced computer knowledge to run this program -- I am able to teach new people in the office the basics of using the program without any problem!

What do you dislike?

I have had some problems with the stability of the program, and I wish there were an easier or more streamlined way to create and save backup files. When the program automatically backs up it does have a tendency to freeze, and we have had to reinstall the program a few times. It is also difficult to get through to customer service -- there are a lot of departments, and it is not always clear which one to seek out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look carefully at which version you need. This one has a lot of features, and may not be necessary for everyone.

I implemented this software when I started my position with the company. It has greatly increased the organization of our billing and allows us to pull up account information quickly and accurately. Because of this program, we also switched to the Intuit mobile card payments, and that has made a huge difference in our ability to accurately and efficiently apply payments to their respective accounts.

Desktop Pro review by <span>Zachary B.</span>
Zachary B.

Excellent Service, Easy to Use, But Not Without Flaws

What do you like best?

We use QB Desktop Pro for EVERYTHING! Paychecks, Invoicing, Customer Sales, Human Resources. The user interface is very simple. We have everyone in the office using it, and love being able to customize who can see what, and who has authorizations to perform certain tasks. We have also gotten a ton of use out of the Desktop File Doctor and the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool. We recently replaced our main computer and it threw us for a loop the first few days. Using those two tools, however, we were able to get our systems back up and running. Our staff usually receives very limited training, making this the PERFECT system. It requires very little explanation, and can be picked up over the course of a day, and mastered in less than a month.

What do you dislike?

Unless you take advantage of all of it's features, QB Desktop Pro can be somewhat clunky. I've read similar reviews that critique the ease of creating and sending invoices, and I agree. The default of utilizing Microsoft Exchange to send emails seems so outdated, and no matter which email program we select, there's still a 30% chance of it not working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan to use it for all the aspects of your business, it's the only way to go.

We have a centralized place for all of the most important aspects of our business. We utilize the reporting and ability to link email to client accounts almost every day.

Desktop Pro review by <span>Jill G.</span>
Jill G.

Small Business Accounting Software: room for improvement

What do you like best?

I like the ability to import banking and credit card transactions, and the ability to track consulting hours to create invoices for my clients. I also like the ability to create report with my company logo, although the report editor needs improvement.

What do you dislike?

I have used the software for almost 15 years. It used to the the "gold standard," but seems to have peaked several years ago. The software has become more and more difficult to use. Now that Intuit has new owners, the products and support are lacking. I just upgraded my software this week, and it took several tries to install the Windows version. I am disappointed that Intuit no longer supports a Mac desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your company's needs before selecting small business accounting software. If you sell products or services, or plan to pay employees, then make sure that the software you select meets all of your "must have" requirements.

I use QuickBooks to manage my management consulting business. The software allows me to track consulting hours and expenses and create invoices for my customers. I can download bank and credit card transactions into QuickBooks and assign them to the proper projects and General Ledger accounts. At tax time, I create reports and give them to my accountant.

Learning about QuickBooks Desktop Pro?

* We monitor all QuickBooks Desktop Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.