QuickBooks Online

3.9
(1,589)

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place

Work for QuickBooks Online?

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Showing 1,637 QuickBooks Online reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online review by Loren C.
Loren C.

"Quickbooks best meets accounting needs."

What do you like best?

In my opinion, the best thing that I like about this program is that its functionalities are really easy to learn by anybody. In order to get familiar with Quickbooks a person should have basic computer skills. Superb software that is suitable to run small businesses effectively. Invoice Customization is one of the great features I like to use. Another key feature that I like about Quickbooks Online is that it can be use from anywhere and anytime by just connecting to the internet. It is an outstanding product for the technical mind persons.

What do you dislike?

I am really satisfied with this software. One thing that I feel is not suitable for the users. That is its being expensive; It would be nice if they reduce the pricing. It will be more helpful for the small size for business. If I take a glimpse technically on the on this tool I will surely say I have not ever encountered any kind of major issue, that I have to write here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say in order to solve accounting issues or problems QuickBoks is the best choice I have made. So must try this advance program.

It is perfect at campaign management. It is a comfortable tool for taking financial statements. I would say through Quickbooks online we can stay in touch with our clients. It has raised productivity considerably.

What Accounting solution do you use?

QuickBooks Online review by Mercy M.
Mercy M.

"QuickBooks Online is the most dynamic accounting software that you ought to have"

What do you like best?

I must disclose that I have used QuickBooks Online for three years + to carry out some vital business obligations like invoicing. What I like most about QuickBooks Online is the way it is accessed in the cloud. For that reason, I am able to accomplish some vital tasks from anywhere there is stable internet connection. Additionally, QuickBooks Online is a user friend;y accounting solution since it has a simple interface and slick design which makes it easy to work with. Last but not least, I like how QuickBooks Online integrates with some useful applications that we use in our organization.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most is the way you cannot use QuickBooks Online when there is poor internet connection. Again, QuickBooks Online get offered at a higher license cost per user. It would be the best accounting solution in the cloud if they would offer it at a favorable cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, with no hesitation, especially to all those that want to accomplish their accounting needs.

With QuickBooks Online I have been able to gain a lot. For instance, I am able to carry out accounting tasks at ease with QuickBooks Online.

QuickBooks Online review by Gordon B.
Gordon B.

"Isn't there a better way? "

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online has been making some improvements over the past couple of years. I like its cloud-based infrastructure that we can share with our accountants.

I like that I can use 3rd party apps to upload records.

What do you dislike?

There is significant latency with the interface, so you have to be very patient while things load.

While the interface is pretty, I can't decide whether it is unnecessarily complicated, or unnecessarily dumbed down... all I know is that using the software adds to my overall levels of stress and frustration.

Sometimes, lists of customers or vendors get hidden, so you can't click from customer to customer or vendor to vendor; rather you need to reload the Customer's home tab... there are lots of places like this where you need to click three places to accomplish something that could easily be done with a single click. Want to views the customer on the invoice you're viewing? Remember their name, then cancel out of the Invoice, then open up the customers tab, and then search for her or him. Preposterous.

I get the sense that Intuit thinks its customers are stupid, so they provide lots of skewomorphic page effects that are completely unnecessary. Open an invoice, and (after 5-15 seconds of loading) it slides in, like a piece of paper, over what you were viewing. I'd rather be able to click intuitively through the system and have the interface open quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make some tea between clicks.

Collaboration with our off-site accountant.

QuickBooks Online review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"QuickBooks Online"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks offers an app version of the software as well as other apps that work with the software to provide benefits that QBO itself cannot provide.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the report feature. I like the desktop version better where you can have different tabs open at the same time. In QBO you have to keep opening the report and customizing it to what you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this for a small business that doesn't need an accounting software for major or traditional things that QuickBooks Desktop offers. However, QBO does offer things such as automatic sales receipts, split transactions, scheduled invoices, and location and class categories that are not offered in the desktop version and are helpful for some types of businesses.

Clients have been able to import their bank feeds and easily reconcile their bank accounts which is very helpful. Clients have also realized that QBO is somewhat simpler to navigate.

QuickBooks Online review by Timothy J.
Timothy J.

"QuickBooks Online "

What do you like best?

I love how easily it integrates with RideShare Applications such as Uber and Lyft. I can automatically turn it on to track my business miles and it lets me know in real-time tax deductions I can expect for the year. It saves so much time and hassle.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how you have to connect a bank account instead of manual entering income into the system to have it calculate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you set up a business account if you are a sole proprietorship so that you can link your bank with QuickBooks. I feel as though I am missing out on some of the features because I do not have an account solely for business purposes.

I am realizing how much time I am able to save by using QuickBooks to track my income and travel miles. It will be very beneficial as tax season rolls around.

QuickBooks Online review by Amy R.
Amy R.

"QuickBooks Online makes business bookkeeping easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes the mobile workplace much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are glitches, sometimes related to the browser being used. When contacting Intuit Support, often the first thing they suggest is to change browsers. It's frustrating that things aren't more stable. But this happens rarely, so it's a small price to pay for the flexibility of working wherever I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and see if QuickBooks Online is a good fit for your business type. Many advanced features are available through the use of apps, and there is a great selection of apps in the QuickBooks Online ecosystem.

I've reduced overhead by not needing a brick and mortar office location to work from. Additionally, QuickBooks Online has made it possible for me to work with clients all over the United States. I have increased productivity by being able to work from anywhere, anytime.

QuickBooks Online review by Lauren L.
Lauren L.

"Accounting made easier"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online has been great for our company because we can access it anywhere. It's also fairly simple to use and be able to analyze and monitor our financials. Being a small company it's great to be able to do this ourselves, without too much expertise in the area.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while something confusing will come up, but it doesn't usually take too long to figure it out. Linking our different accounts is one area that had an issue, but it seems to be resolved now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having an accountant familiar with Quickbooks has been a big help. Whenever we have a question or concern she's either able to answer it right away or at least has the subject mentality to figure it out.

Quickbooks Online helped us just be able to manage our financials on our own. One of our owners works and lives in California, while the company is based in NY, so being that we just have to log in online to access everything is great.

QuickBooks Online review by Alberto G.
Alberto G.

"Smart Accounting."

What do you like best?

Never before reconciling bank accounts, keeping records of expenses and income and taking the accounting entries had been as easy as until the moment I started using QuickBooks, that's why I love this application, because every day I make the entries in the accounting books, easy and fast way and that allows me to save time and effort, in addition to the month closings are not a torture because, Quickbooks makes the payday is like any other.

What do you dislike?

On the negative side, I can only say that the software despite having different plans that adapt to the requirements of each person or company and have appropriate prices for the service provided, for me, is a bit expensive, because I live in Venezuela and the value of Quickbooks to the exchange rate in Bolívares is high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an accountant I recommend this software, because it is really useful in the accounting of companies of all sizes and economic purposes and I can assure you that it is the most complete software I know in the accounting area.

The main problem in the accounting area that QuickBooks has solved in the companies where I manage the accounting is the PAYMENT AT NOMINE PAYMENT, because since we use this application, employees are paid on time, since Quickbooks allows to execute taxes, append time extra, calculate commissions on service rendered; all that automatically. What benefits the employees, for having their salary on time and my person (the accountant) because the work effort is lower.

QuickBooks Online review by david k.
david k.

"Very good for creating invoices for the customers in the company."

What do you like best?

The reports are very good and efficient and we are able to invoice the dealers directly from the system.

Its easy to use and very reliable since you can access it from anywhere in the world.

They offer a free trial which you can test before buying the tool.

What do you dislike?

It requires internet connection to work so when the internet is down is doesnot work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend companies which would like to move away from excel accounting to implement quickbooks since it solves all the accounting problems and its already customized to meet the needs of the company.

The accoutnting reports are very efficient and deisgned in well organised way.

The clients are able to get their reports on time since the user generates the invoices directly from the system.

Very effective with accounting since we are able to perform all the accounting on it from sales to expenses and taxation all under one tool.

QuickBooks Online review by Lawrence S.
Lawrence S.

"Constant Problems and Then Double the Price"

What do you like best?

The only good thing about Quickbooks Online is that links automatically to your bank, but then again, that feature is not unique. For anyone considering moving from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, consider that the process will not be simple, and once you move your data, Quickbooks may change pricing policies at a moment's notice. The functionality is also more restrictive. It is simply a poorly designed product and the support staff often struggle to understand why it does not work.

What do you dislike?

I recently decided to convert from an old version of Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. The experience was horrible. I have spent probably 20 hours on the phone with their support staff because things simply dont work on their platform. First, the conversion of data would simply not work. It took 4 different support people and hours of attempts to finally have them shut the account and start over from scratch. No reason it would not work, just a glitch. Second, there have been multiple things that just did not work. The connection to Wells Fargo started inputting deposits as expenses, and I had to manually correct them. The state tax deposits would not work electronically, so I once again had to get support to fix it. And then the ultimate insult is that they changed their pricing policy and doubled the previously discounted price after one month. Their pricing policy seems to be bait and switch. I am also acting as an accountant for a second company, and have advised them to not switch to Quickbooks for payroll. I'm pretty sure I will be finding another solution and cancelling this Quickbooks subscription in the next week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful of what appear to be good offers, they often disappear.

I wanted a solution that would quickly and easily pull in data from banks and process payroll and provide basic accounting features, with enough flexibility to allow me to manually adjust entries easily. But there is nothing easy or powerful about Quickbooks Online. It is the perfect combination of glitchy and restrictive.

QuickBooks Online review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"QuickBooks Online is a dynamic accounting software that every small business need to have"

What do you like best?

Firstly, I like everything about QuickBooks Online from design to interface. Due to that, to offer perfect work with this software it is not a must that you get trained first. The fact that QuickBooks Online is a web-based platform, it enables me to carry out accounting tasks from anywhere there is stable internet connection.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks Online lacks functionality for large corporations. I hate it that it does not give room for expansion. Also, to get the most out of this software, you need to make sure that you pay for it. The subscription fee is not fair at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would highly recommend QuickBooks Online since it is accessed through any web-enabled device. That way, it makes it easy to undertake functions within its capability from anywhere there is stable internet connection.

We have been able to create invoices with QuickBooks Online. That way, QuickBooks Online help me to save time and effort while creating invoices since I am able to forward it to the right farmers at just a click. Finally, the payroll system is easy with the help of this software.

QuickBooks Online review by Roy C.
Roy C.

"QuickBooks is an excellent Accounting tool that makes Bookkeeping and Accounting fun and enjoyable"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks incorporates features that are easy to learn and use. There is nothing that gives me peace of mind as knowing that i can track all my income and expenses with ease and accuracy. I like the reporting functionality as well as the fact that i can generate invoices and do my bank reconciliation. Basically QuickBooks does everything as long as I got the right concept and can feed the data. I like the fact that I can easily customize invoices and automatically schedule and send the same. Phone contact is usually readily available making any consultations and inquiries very great.

What do you dislike?

This application provides restriction to the number of accounts one can sync. This makes it really difficult especially when the company has several credit cards in the same bank. Occasionally i have experienced loading speed which am not sure is directly attributed to the software or is on my side. Basically its a nice application and i can't complain much .

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks is an excellent Accounting tool. I would highly recommend it for any business that would want to have an accurate and effective record of their invoicing, expenses and income. It is also has payroll as well as bank reconciliation and report generation. Its easy to set up and with proper learning curve its just a matter of time before you start reaping the benefits.

I use this application for invoicing, payment processing, bookkeeping as well as generation of Financial Statements and Accounting Reports. It has greatly made it easy to track expenses as well as income more efficiently. QuickBooks has also enabled reduce on any unnecessary expenses thus improved profitability.

QuickBooks Online review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"QuickBooks Online is the most advanced tool for carrying out financial tasks "

What do you like best?

First off, I must disclose that I have been using QuickBooks Online for an extended duration to perform several obligations at workstation. I like QuickBooks Online since it has all the tools that help me to save time and energy while creating customer invoices. After creating an invoice it is easy to send it to the respective client with just a click. I like v since it is available as a cloud-based solution. That way, I am in a better situation to carry out several tasks like tracking sales, purchases, and marketing from anywhere as long as there is stable internet connection. For that reason, QuickBooks Online is an integrated program for any financial-related issue. In addition, QuickBooks Online has a slick design and simple interface, that make it easy to work with and get used to after with no training.

What do you dislike?

My only issue lies on pricing. Even though QuickBooks Online is the most advanced platform for all accounting and financial needs, it gets allocated at a higher rate. To make it more useful and competitive, they should amend the three subscription plans to ensure that every business can afford this implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend QuickBooks Online to all those accounting specialists that are looking to save time and energy while undertaking accounting tasks since this software has all the tools for such capabilities.

QuickBooks Online has enabled us to send invoices on time to several dealers. In addition, we have been able to track sales with the help of this significant tool. Finally, we have been incorporating QuickBooks Online to undertake accounting obligations at ease.

QuickBooks Online review by Sam L.
Sam L.

"The best out there but that's not saying a lot."

What do you like best?

I like that QBO can sync with many accounts (such as Square or our bank accounts/credit cards) to automatically import data. I also like that there are many different types of reports that we can run with that data.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit clunky and it's hard to figure out where to click on things. Also, many add-ons cost quite a bit (like direct deposit for payroll). I understand why but the cost is prohibitive for a small business as it all adds up. In addition, support seems to be non-existant. We've emailed them several times and they never respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking a class at your local small business development center but it will still be difficult to use even if you do.

We are running all of our business accounting through it. It allows us to have analytics to be able to track certain metrics. We also use part of the payroll feature.

QuickBooks Online review by Trang N.
Trang N.

"Ideal for small business"

What do you like best?

A lot of useful features like generating reports, especially customized ones, automatically telling you what number got change since the last reconciliation. Moreover, it got updated frequently to adapt all new needed features in the market.

What do you dislike?

Since it got updated frequently, it takes a little time for me to get used to. Another downside of this software is very limited users. Recently, they increase the monthly fees without notification which made me and my team not very happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, highly recommended

I use quickbook online to solve our company budgetting issue. Generating the report with quickbooks is super easy and quick (well, since it's quickbook). So, it helps me to know exactly where I can cut off or I need to put a little more budget in to incease the production. The result is a nice, easy to understand plan that helps my company to boost the service revenue and cut off unseccessary expenses

QuickBooks Online review by Esther C.
Esther C.

"Simple online accessibility, clunky and misleading interface, missing features"

What do you like best?

No-fuss online access for multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Online access for multiple users is easy to set up, but the program is often slow to respond, even over a good internet connection.

Lacks the Advanced Search of all transactions, regardless of type, that makes QB Desktop so much more flexible and easier to use.

QBO also hides advanced options (delete transaction, undo reconciliation, reverse transaction) behind multiple layers of menus. I understand this to be part of an effort to make the product friendlier to non-bookkeepers, but I use the Accountant version, and these functions are still hidden under layers of GUI. I far prefer the capacity that QB Desktop offers to strip the GUI down to a workspace and a full selection of drop-down menus.

Lacks a real inventory system. For that, you will have to use an outside app, and that is going to raise the cost.

It is also near impossible to create your own solution for missing features, as Intuit has obscured the underlying database mark-up language. For instance, if you are a non-profit that need to apply customer and class tags to multiple transaction lines for later reporting, it is far quicker and easier to do that in a spreadsheet and import the transactions. But you can only DIY that in QuickBooks Desktop and with its publicly accessible IIF mark-up language. If you use QBO, good luck finding (and paying for) a third-party app to fill this need.

I also find that the labeling of transactions (e.g., Expenditure is more prominent than Bill) and the prominence with which the bank integration/transaction matching feature is promoted to conceptually favor cash accounting practices, which are not preferred or even legal for most businesses. But they're intuitive to casual users, and the so the interface leads casual users down garden paths that an outside bookkeeper will eventually have to fix before tax (or worse, audit) time. I've earned plenty of money fixing the problems that QBO leads casual users into, but I wish it didn't encourage them into those problems in the first place.

I also find the GUI distracting and obscuring in its own right. So much screen real estate is spent, even in the Ultra Compact display mode, on graphics that are supposed to be user friendly that I can never see as much actual financial information as I would like on one screen.

Also, the bulk-editing functions in the accountant version of QBO are hobbled compared to those in QB Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really must use QBO, do not use it without guidance if you do not have a solid working knowledge of accrual accounting; hire someone who does to do your bookkeeping instead.

If you have bookkeeping needs that are at all complex, I strongly encourage you to consider hosting QB Desktop on an application server instead. If you aren't sure how complex your needs are, consult an experienced bookkeeper before you choose your platform.

Accounting software with no-fuss online access for multiple users.

QuickBooks Online review by Javier D.
Javier D.

"The best accounting tool for your company"

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly one of the things that attracts me is the service in the cloud and that the information is there within the reach of the work team to be able to use it when required, it is one of my favorites because when managing the budgetary accounting of the foundation I it allowed to compile the information without needing to arrive at needing the accounting books after loaded the information in the platform

What do you dislike?

One of the cons of this great platform is undoubtedly the price you have to pay after winning the free version, however if you really need an accounting tool in your company this is the best

It was possible to organize the accounting of each unit and conciliate it with the budgetary part which facilitated a job that would have taken months to do manually

QuickBooks Online review by Logan G.
Logan G.

"QuickBooks: Perfect For Startup Companies"

What do you like best?

I love how seamlessly QuickBooks integrates your bank transactions in an easy to see/navigate dashboard. This product makes accounting easy even for those without any formal training.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight learning curve to using QuickBooks. You need to know some basic invoicing and legal rules (i.e. 1099 forms, W9 forms, etc.). Thankfully, QuickBooks has a plethora of training videos to make learning easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all of the tools before diving straight in! We had to erase all of our data and begin from scratch early on because we didn't take the time to learn the system in advance. You will be much happier if you learn the software before fully implementing it into your business!

QuickBooks has solved all of our accounting problems as a startup company. We use it to send invoices, keep track of expenses, and even pay our quarterly taxes!

QuickBooks Online review by Nathalie M.
Nathalie M.

"Quickbooks Online - User friendly"

What do you like best?

QBO is very user friendly and easy to use for small businesses to prepare financial statements.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the use of the suspense and "ask my accountant" expense accounts. I also don't really like having to use the back arrows to return to the previous input page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend QBO to small businesses. If used effectively and properly, the program provides a satisfactory job of leaving a reliable financial trail for accountants and other third parties to track and view. It's easy to use and access and creates clean and organized statements. As an accountant, I'm always secretly thrilled when my various business clients use QBO.

I'm able to view business clients' financials efficiently as well as review the details behind each transaction and propose adjustments. Financial statements always appear clear and organized as well.

QuickBooks Online review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Very Useful for Identifying your financial problems and figuring out tax"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is an integrated platform for any financial-related problems or advices. As Intuit offers Quickbook service in correlation to its other services, such as from TurboTax, it's really easy to figure out the company's tax estimation or analyzing the financial situation. I use this platform to not only figure out the tax estimate for next year but also check on my financial spendings and other expenses. This platform is great for both personal and business uses as it offers great usage for a wide range of users. I highly recommend this product as it gives you a time period to test out their product before enrolling in pay-model subscription, appreciating for potential customers.

What do you dislike?

The cost can add up quite a bit if you use this for personal use. With company-use, I can use it in the company expense, but I realize the cost of subscription adds up as I continue to use this platform both for personal and business uses. Furthermore, I feel that I sometimes get lost with the immense amount of service options the platform provides once you enroll in service. I feel like I get overwhelmed with too many services and would like to see more organized way of seeing all the service options to take less time thinking which service to browse or use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to purchase the subscription as the service would save a lot of time with figuring out your tax.

I use this product to figure out the tax estimate, track my financial spendings, and organize any other financial-related information. It's an integrated hub for any personal or business's finances.

QuickBooks Online review by John-Paul H.
John-Paul H.

"Promises a lot but glitches badly undermine it"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can integrate and automate a lot.

What do you dislike?

Glitchy. Changes do not always save. Bank integration keeps breaking down. Automatic categorising of transactions is very hit and miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider others - For SMEs there are lots of systems out there, I don't think Quickbooks is the best out there - Xero, etc - lots of others.

Quickbooks would be great if it worked as it looks like it should, but the problem is it's unreliable. Things you do don't save, and it has enough bugs that I really can't trust it as a system, and given that it's our accounts system, that's no small issue. Their support (mainly on chat) has been pretty poor - I've had to contact them 5 or 6 times for 2 separate issues. They haven't known the solution on first contact, and on the first issue (bank account integration) the response was 'we know about it, we're working on it/investigating, it will be fixed', but after 2-3 times recontacting over the same issue I was eventually just given a workaround and the problem still exists. the 2nd issue, I'm still at the 'we know about it, we're investigating, watch this space' stage. Gives the strong impression that they aren't really interested in fixing or can't fix bugs.

Accounting and invoicing

QuickBooks Online review by Juliet R.
Juliet R.

"QuickBooks is great for accounting needs"

What do you like best?

I like the large variety of options for bills, vendors, checks, etc. Quickbooks has shortcuts and makes the process of paying bills / tracking bills easier as opposed to having to physically write them out. Quickbooks also has commands/prompts that double-check your input so that you're less likely to make mistakes.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks usually runs into problems when dealing with multi vs. single-user mode. Sometimes it's more of the O-Drives issue but there have been many instances where multi-users were unable to access Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses accounting software or is considering using accounting software, definitely go for it. Quickbooks offer a great number of options to help ease the process for payroll processing, vendor tracking, bill payments, etc. and provides efficient support for such duties.

We are able to reconcile checks more quickly as well as see what vendors we are working with. We can view the history of our bills and track where our money is going and where it can go. We can also generate paychecks fairly quickly with a template.

QuickBooks Online review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Really fantastic QuickBooks online."

What do you like best?

I have been using it for a long time and I have had an great experience with it. The app version of QuickBooks and other apps which also work with this software all of them are very useful and gives us benefits . It is an great platform for doing work. The business tracking is really awesome.

What do you dislike?

The thing I least like about this software is that although this software fulfills the requirements of all the people and it is of reasonable price but it is expensive for me as here the value of Quickbooks to the exchange rate is comparatively higher in my area.

QuickBooks saves time while working. I believe this is the great benefit of this product. Other things its features make easier to do. It is really an outstanding invention.

QuickBooks Online review by Jess M.
Jess M.

"Extremely useful, does the basics."

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and understand, you don’t need any advanced degree to make it work. I LOVE the mileage tracking with the app, turns what used to be a major chore into a matter of a few swipes.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t have features or options for people with multiples businesses. Right now I need to prepare all of my expenses for my accountant still, because I can’t break them out into what business they’re for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the right version of QBs to suit your needs. Make a list of the features you need before evaluating... and speak to their support, they really are helpful in helping you decide the version that will work best for you.

Makes knowing what to pay for my quarterly estimates a breeze. Make it easy to separate my personal expenses from my business expenses.

QuickBooks Online review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Perfect for small and growing businesses."

What do you like best?

QBO is an affordable solution for small and growing companies. It is easy to use, and nearly all other SaaS providers have integrations with the platform. For a one person or small accounting team, QBO can remain your solution until around the $10 million revenue mark.

What do you dislike?

The functionality isn't the best, but you get what you pay for. Integrations with overseas entities could be better, and eventually, you will outgrow the platform. That transition can be an expensive proposition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried out the payroll model, but for companies with less than 20 employees that don't plan to grow, I can see this being a workable solution. I would say that if do not have someone in-house that is familiar with QBO, you are probably better of finding an outside firm to help you set it up and run it for a few months so you can see how it should work.

QBO is our accounting solution. We use the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Financial reporting purposes.

QuickBooks Online review by Shirley P.
Shirley P.

"QBOA"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online has created manageable workflows to simplify accounting processes. Alert, best user is in services oriented or private company sector.

What do you dislike?

Dislike inventory tracking and payroll functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, not recommend to store, inventory tracking, or even construction based groups. Functionality is still best served for maintaining good ledgers, like a checkbook. Other more operational functions, even for store register like POS system is not happening in online format. Integration with popular Square platform is convoluted still and only adds more bulk to accounting. Back to pluses, QBO is amazing for P&L, balance sheet, reporring tools, tax prep and I would urge for self employed workers to try QuickBooks Self-Employed online platform instead.

Primary data entry upload, software recognizes how to categorize much better than earlier versions pre-2010. Also, obvious cloud computing, remote access, easy to manage users, invoicing, credit card processing, receives all forms of payment, including ACH, Apple Pay. Love SOME integration with apps.

QuickBooks Online review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Convenient, User-Friendly Accounting Software "

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to jump in and learn. As a Pro-Advisor that is a large selling point for a new customer to be able to feel like they can jump in and look at their business financials in an easy to understand and manage view while also being able to limit the functionality in the sense that only their accountants or an accountant log in can perform certain tasks. I love that it is accessible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve for seasoned Quickbooks users to navigate. Once you figure your way around and what version you have and what it can and cannot do it's very easy to get around and set things up the way you want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many cloud based accounting software programs offered today but Quickbooks is my go to at the moment because it is very user-friendly with different entry points for what you want it to do.

I help a client who is able to log on to Quickbooks from different locations without having to worry about configuring a host computer. They just log on and do what they have to do, the layout is easy to understand and their financial position is available at a glance.

QuickBooks Online review by Lee Y.
Lee Y.

"Great for Bookkeepers and Accountants"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online make the collaboration between client and accountant a breeze! No more shuffling accountant copies of files, or trying to access the file remotely through Dropbox. Clients can be taught to use the more basic functions like day-to-day entry of deposits and bills, while bookkeepers and accountants can make their entries and run reports as needed. It's also all online, so there's no worrying about cross-platform users or the limitations of the Quickbooks for Mac. And with the QB ProAdvisor program for accountants, you get a certification badge and lots of discounts on other Intuit products. You can also use wholesale billing to give your clients customized rates for Quickbooks software.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not similar to the desktop version that so many accountants are used to seeing. The workflow is geared towards business owners, not accountants. The chart of accounts is also a little different with QBO, and there are a lot of mandatory accounts that QBO requires. QBO is definitely user friendly for business owners, but not so much for accountants making adjusting entries or changes to the client's books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if just starting out, hire a professional bookkeeper or accountant to help set up your books correctly the first time. Trying to make major changes to your books once information is entered is laborious and time consuming.

The biggest problem that Quickbooks Online solves is not having to send and receive accountant copies of files to make changes. Everything is accessible through the web, and changes to client books are immediate. This has greatly cut back on the non-billable hours of waiting for the client to send you the file, and waiting for them to upload your changes.

QuickBooks Online review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Very good starting platform for start up/home business."

What do you like best?

It is a product that is quick to go from purchase to actively running your finances. Syncing to e-commerce platforms and bank accounts is really quite pain free. It is very low cost.

We've recently evolved the business from its initial form as Rory & The Bean to a much wider scope as Made At TwentyTwo, and to scale some form of software support is absolutely vital. The cost is so negligible that you can adopt it with little risk.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to treat records en-masse. Bulk editing, reporting, any sort of power user features are really lacking. Simple transaction by transaction treatment is best. In fact, I find the mobile version better to use than the desktop version!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more of a business practice piece of advice. PayPal is easy to use, however I would recommend getting your card out any paying using that. When you link both your bank account up (Paypay transactions contain no detail) and Paypal (detail), it begins to look incredibly confusing inside Quickbooks.

Watch out when using something like Chrome. Its tendency to memory leak means that it can become incredibly laggy when trying to go and do large volumes of transactions. We swapped to Safari and everything suddenly became a whole lot better.

Absolutely no accounts management or ability to monitor cash flow very quickly resolved. A hell of a lot better than working on spreadsheet.

QuickBooks Online review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"QBO is a MUST for your small business"

What do you like best?

The ability to track all of your finances in one remote location. Also, being able to run reports extremely fast

What do you dislike?

I do not have a dislike for QBO. It is easy to use, there are in-person classes to learn, and the cost wraps it all up to make it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is extremely helpful with a call line that you can call at any time. They are able to see your screen and point you directly to the solution you need. I have not used anything else but there is no reason to change since most big name software are compatible with QBO.

Instead of individually checking the bank account, the credit cards, the line of credit and the bills, it is all in one quick home page for me to review each and every day.

QuickBooks Online review by Diana H.
Diana H.

"Clunky but improving"

What do you like best?

QB has good reporting capabilities that allows a business to extract information, customize reporting, and keep track of expenses by customer. It looks good and wants to be first class.

What do you dislike?

Intuit tries to lock a business into their own payment processing solution and lacks the flexibility to link to other gateways. However, as a corporation they are also very risk adverse and have shut down payment processing for multiple clients and for my own CPA firm (go figure). As a result I have a very hard time recommending the platform for a serious business, but it's probably fine for a self-employed entrepreneur with low volume or just starting out. Additionally, there is a problem with the dashboard that results in inaccurate reporting of income/expenses for the month. Multiple calls to support revealed that Intuit is working on the issues. Bottom line, the user has to run reports instead of relying on the dashboard for accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuit tries to lock you into their suite of products including overpriced payroll solutions and only one payment gateway. If your business is growing or has significant volume, you should find another accounting solution.

This is a decent entry level bookkeeping solution to get clients organized and start to keep books for their business.

QuickBooks Online review by Steve T.
Steve T.

"I'm an idiot and I can use it"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to go in, add a new customer, get an invoice set up and email it to them. It's very simple to add a new customer using the different fields. It's self explanatory and I consider myself a bit of an idiot with this stuff. I'm great creatively but finance and accounting isn't a string point. I also love how simple it is to set up an invoice template and adding my services via the drop down menu, helps me track where my sales are coming from. There are so many amazing features that I haven't even got to grips with. I'm excited to dive into them

What do you dislike?

When it comes to logging in. I get a little overwhelmed. There are so many different areas I can look at and data I can access. For someone who isn't detail orientated I'd like something more simple. And again like many other sites, something that looks nice. It's the artsy side to me that loves things to look nice.

It is so quick and easy for me to sell a product or service and raise an invoice in quick time. It also allows me to keep up to date with cash flow and what's outstanding. I love the fact my accountant has access to it all too.

QuickBooks Online review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"Easy to Use Accounting Tool"

What do you like best?

I think my favorite thing about Quickbooks Online is that it was pretty easy to port my data over from the desktop version. It was easy for me to do on my own and did not require that I call customer support or spend a lot of time on it. I love that I can access my data anywhere from any computer if need be. I love the automation of things like bank transactions and credit card transactions downloading daily as well as the ability to auto process remembered transactions like invoices and reoccurring expenses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could customize invoices more, the customization seems fairly limited. Also, I am unable to connect to one of our bank accounts as that bank uses multi factor authentication, and that is really frustrating as most of our transactions flow through that particular bank account. Also, it is not entirely infrequent that the application craps out and gives the 'Our shoes have come untied message' which means it will not show things on the dashboard, as well as report windows will not always load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used other accounting software in order to compare, but, I did come from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, and Quickbooks Online is MUCH better than the desktop version. It provides a lot more flexibility than the desktop version, as well as a lot of features that you cannot get on the desktop application. Quickbooks Online also integrates with a lot of other software which is nice, so there is a likelihood that you can connect to another piece of software that you use for the business pretty seamlessly.

The absolute best feature is just the fact that I can access all of my data from anywhere, any time, and it was great that I could take my company's Quickbooks Desktop software and just easily port it over without a lot of learning new things or big changes in how I operated outside of improvements.

QuickBooks Online review by Mark David G.
Mark David G.

"User Friendly & Great Support"

What do you like best?

I came to QBO from Quickbooks desktop reluctantly, because I had always found the desktop version to be, user-unfriendly, with support that, frankly, wasn't very supportive. However QBO surprised me. Although I was sorry to lose certain features and disappointed that I couldn't save a few dollars a month to downgrade my subscription level, I have found the product itself to be largely intuitive (unlike the desktop version) and the support team to be responsive and eager to solve my problems.

What do you dislike?

Too-frequent price increases and the loss of some features (when converting from the desktop version) that I couldn't justify a much higher monthly fee to retain. The feature that I was most sorry to lose was inventory management. It's available at a higher price tier...but the price is too high to justify it for my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This may not be the application for you, but it's definitely worth checking out.

These days,I do all my own bookkeeping, accounting and taxes. QBO hasn't made the process painless; but it has made it somewhat simpler and easier! And when I do hand my accounting off to someone else, I understand that QBO has built-in tools to make that kind of collaboration fairly easy.

QuickBooks Online review by Susan M.
Susan M.

"QuickBooks Online for Accountants"

What do you like best?

I really like the document sharing feature. Clients can upload bank statements directly to their company file instead of emailing outside the program, and I can send them a message within the program to remind them of docuements needed. I also love that I don't have to send my clients a back up file that they then have to download and view in order to give them access to their own books. Ease of access means that I can provide quality bookkeeping to clients regardless of their geographic location.

What do you dislike?

The feature that most needs improvement is the Reports capability. It needs to be brought up to level with the desktop version. Also, importing data files is more difficult in the online version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While QBO is not the powerhouse that the Desktop version is, it is more than adequate for most small businesses, and provides cloud back up, ease of access and ease of sharing with accounting professionals. The integration of TSheets and other apps makes it very user-friendly and able to handle the things today's small businesses rely upon -- mobility, instant access to data, etc.

QuickBooks Online has allowed me to expand my geographic client base, as well as made it easier for clients and I to access real-time information from any location without having to first share back up data files (relying on shared back ups can lead to a less than current view of the financial status being used for decision making). Additionally, the new features of document sharing and communication with clients from within the company file as well as being able to process 1099s from within the file have been stellar.

QuickBooks Online review by Jessica F.
Jessica F.

"A good fit for many but not all"

What do you like best?

Convenience to access from any device, automatic backups, user-friendly, good features with active development so it keeps getting better. The accountant tools have greatly improved making it easier for me to serve my clients. Overall this a good and user-friendly tool for many small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Price increases over the recent years has made it less attractive to very small businesses which are the bulk of my clients. The product is under constant development but still lacks some features from the desktop version. The quality of customer support is hit or miss. After being spoiled by how easy it was to setup recurring automated client payments on Wave Accounting, I find QuickBooks process to be a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully compare the different versions to make sure that you choose the right one. While this works well for many businesses, it's not a perfect fit for everybody.

I use it to virtually perform the bookkeeping for a variety of small businesses. My clients like being able to access their data from anywhere that they have internet and send invoices while on the go and it's easy for clients to pay their invoices. I use it for full bookkeeping, cost allocation, bank reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, reports and more.

QuickBooks Online review by Marissa K.
Marissa K.

"Easy to keep all bills, credits and money in one place"

What do you like best?

New versions are quite easy to use. Some features are straight forward

What do you dislike?

Some keyboard shortcuts take time to learn. Also, while doing credit and bill input, it does not default back to bill input, you can get carried away and realize you inputted 10 credits when they were in fact bills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once key functions are learned, it's easy to keep all bills and credits in once place. There is also an ease to check the bank account amount to match with what QuickBooks has for a balance. Quick access to funds and also gives the ability to manage when writing people checks without a bill. everything has accountability to ensure that funds are kept in track and in place.

They make it easy to keep track of bills and credits from merchandise and pharmaceutical items which paper and online credits are needed to get a final total for the total due every month.

QuickBooks Online review by Heather P.
Heather P.

"QuickBooks Pro for even your least Tech Savvy business owner!"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Pro is used to keep track of all financial transactions from the checkbook to bills and invoices. By using QuickBooks Pro we were able to streamline our bill paying process and keep more accurate records. By allowing us to invoice directly through QuickBooks we keep better records of our accounts receivable. Even our least technical user has no problem navigating in QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

depending on the financial institution used connecting to automatically download transaction is tricky

Renaming rules in the online version is not user-friendly and defaults on its own lumping most transactions together (IE: everything that comes in as a check # becomes renamed to the last vendor a check was written to & recorded)

Desktop version is much more user friendly in general than the online version

Recommendations to others considering the product

The online platform is not as user-friendly as the desktop version. weigh your options before converting to online.

By entering our bills as they arrive we get reminders when payment dates are coming due as well as making it easy to track where the money is going

Invoicing has made tracking money owed to us easy and cut down on having to call people looking for money owee to us.

Quickbooks built-in templates for invoicing & quotes we have been able to have a more professional look to present to customers

QuickBooks Online review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"I was a mess before QBO!"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has made it straightforward to categorize my expenses and income. it has been a total lifesaver, especially for someone like me who has no background or experience in accounting.

What do you dislike?

The only struggle I have with QBO is that I have no prior experience with accounting so getting the hang of the processes is tough for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QBO has great ability to partner with a QB accountant. I am a small business and finding an accountant was hard for me so QB made it possible to have an accountant who already had access to my accounts.

Accounting, categorizing expenses and income, reconciling accounts, payroll. QBO made me realize that I needed to be more in tune with my finances if I ever want to make any money!

QuickBooks Online review by Alexa C.
Alexa C.

"Quick books online"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love using quick books online. Everything is so smooth, invoices are easy to send and write. The customers get to view their invoice and any updates made at any time without them having to be sent again.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike. I just wish there was a way to personalize the estimate and invoice template like quick books enterprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, be careful when reconciling though, sometimes it can get a little confusing. Perhaps it is because I am not an accountant, but when there are checks that show up on the bank transfer without name, I try to describe it so that there is not confusion but it adds it again. So then the account does not stay on zero because the transaction is duplicated.

With quick book online, we send customer invoices and estimates. We are also able to track our expenses. We can keep track on what vendors and customers owe us, and we can see how far a long a project is at any given moment.

QuickBooks Online review by Keisha H.
Keisha H.

"Could be more customizable"

What do you like best?

I run a lot of reports, so being able to do so at any given point of the month is valuable.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel as though there are enough granular customizations available for the information I need to report on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find some YouTube videos to help understand how this product works. It's best to start as you mean to go, so getting it properly set up from the beginning is tantamount to being successful. There's nothing like having to delete financial data and re-enter it from the beginning because something wasn't input properly from the beginning. If possible, I would also recommend a low-level accounting course as well. Mostly to understand what the basic terms are, so you'll know what these mean in terms of your business, and will allow you to speak knowledgeably with others when you are talking about your finances.

Multiple people needed to access it at once. The desktop version limits you to one person at a time, whereas the online version allows multiple users. I like the reports feature a lot. At any given time of the month, I need access to the different types of financial reports. Being able to run them at will is a significant timesaver. With the desktop version I had to rely on someone else to run those reports. With this online version I can do them myself. I can also save my favorite reports with the parameters preset, so I don't have to set that up each time.

QuickBooks Online review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"Every start-up needs this"

What do you like best?

I am always a big fan of QuickBooks Online's dashboard, clean and straightforward, which shows all details of invoices, expense, bank account, sales, profit and loss. It's very easy to use, for start-ups which need most basic functions. It offers many functions at a very low cost, even free until you need to add more clients and upgrade the functions. ProAdvisor which offers training which amazed our accountant.

What do you dislike?

It gets overwhelming once the company grows, especially in the accounting section, one can be easily confused by all the terms. Sometimes even our accountant got confused and it took her a while to sort out all the details. When the company grows, adding clients can also cost a lot, unless the client is self-employed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the cost low. For the amount of monthly payment, it can be a burden to most start-ups.

We used QuickBooks Online to track profit and loss, and monitor bank account and expense. We also begin to use online and app to monitor our projects, which is wonderful that our accountant can also help to participate in monitoring projects and get a better picture of the current projects and progress.

QuickBooks Online review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Great for on the go and remote use"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of how easy it is to create the company profile. QBO is truly designed for all levels of user. When implementing I had an old company file for use on a desktop that needed to be converted to Online. With the help of the customer service we were able to recover all of our old data into the new system, making all of our board members happy.

What do you dislike?

I am not always a fan of the layout and how much of a difference there is between this and the desktop version. I have often used both for different clients and going back and forth can take extra time. There is a desktop option for the online but many times I find it too cumbersome to use often. As an admin I have to use features only available online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One piece of advice would be to go through as much training as possible. Not because the software is difficult but because there are so many extra features that are part of the online and knowing how to use them can make life much easier.

One of the best features is the ability to send invoices and track what is coming in and out of the system as well as the note taking options. With a large volume of sales it is amazingly easy to go to the invoice or bill in question and see what details may have been added previously.

QuickBooks Online review by Tammy A.
Tammy A.

"Quickbooks Online Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of access is the best part of using the online version of QuickBooks. Since Quickbooks Online is a web-based service, I am able to access the website from any computer at any time. I do not necessarily need to be in the office on my work computer to access this program, which is beneficial since I do occasionally work remotely.

What do you dislike?

Since this program is web-based the user must have some sort of internet access to utilize the website. In the rare instance that the internet service is down, the user cannot access the website. There are some server issues with QuickBooks Online - many times I have had to wait for extended periods to receive invoices via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Online gives the user basic access to accounting needs. Since we are a small business, the capabilities of the online version work well for us. However, I would suggest that larger companies with say, 200+ customers, consider using the software version of QuickBooks in order to have access to more robust features.

Our business is able to successfully track our accounts payable and accounts receivables with QuickBooks Online. The reconciliation reports allow us to forecast payments and revenue for certain times of the year. Our AP/AR department has been able to communicate more effectively since all of our accounting information is available on our QuickBooks account, which decreases the need to wait for answers from other employees and/or departments.

QuickBooks Online review by Alexander B.
Alexander B.

"Only Good For Solo or Very Small Companies with Minimal Business Requirements"

What do you like best?

The product is fairly easy to use and online access is a plus. I enjoy the peace of mind knowing that everything is backed up in real time, at no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

The Online version of QuickBooks is missing a lot of "business" features that I didn't realized we relied on so much with the Desktop version. I am unable to set price levels for different customers nor add multiple contacts at a company. This has led us to look into a CRM add-on product which turned out to be expensive and unreliable when it came to syncing (experience with Method, Insightly, Agile, Accelo, and ConvergeHub). "Notes" are one big text box, not individual date stamped entries like in the desktop version or a CRM. I am unable to select a preferred vendor for Items that are purchased. Sales Orders (or Work Orders) are not part of the software. I've worked around this by using "Accepted Estimates" as Sales Orders but it is not a true Sales Order.

In addition, QuickBooks Online seems to know better than me (or wants to force best practices) on my business. I tried renaming the "Sales" and "Cost of Goods Sold" accounts... and it replaced them with NEW accounts with the same name. I now have two Sales accounts. I also tried deleting the one that QuickBooks automatically added...and it reappears the next time you sign in. QuickBooks Online also seems to "hide" things in different areas, which makes it seem like there are not problems with your books. I only came to realize this when we exported our QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks Desktop, and a lot of numbers surfaced that were not showing online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, please, please think about the marketing that is going into your eyes and ears. QuickBooks is a for profit business and I have no problem paying money for good software. They will do what is best for their business which is push QuickBooks Online since it is monthly, recurring revenue. Take the time to read reviews here and hover over the "Review Source" for each reviewer (located under their name/picture). The majority of 5 star reviews were "offered a nominal gift card as thank you for completing this review". However the majority of 1-2 star reviews are "Organic". Something to think about...

My perception was that most accountants warned against using QuickBooks Online for anything but a solopreneur. However Intuit is finding clever ways to change that by offering priority support to ProAdvisors who specialize in the Online version of QuickBooks and offering DEEP discounts on QuickBooks Online (as of this writing, an accountant can get 5 QuickBooks Online subscriptions for $5/month each)

I'm not criticizing Intuit or their business model (as I said we are all in it to make a profit), I just want others to consider all of the factors, not jump off a bridge because everyone else is, and make the best decision for his/her own business. My hope is this review can help another person from making the same mistake we did.

Online accounting and sales management. Sending online invoices and getting paid electronically.

QuickBooks Online review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Quickbooks online review "

What do you like best?

I currently use the QBSE online tool and it is GREAT. It keeps track of all of my business. I simply hook up my accounts from my banks, Credit cards, Paypal, etc. And set up a few other basic account details and I was good to go!

From there, Quickbooks tracks my transactions in my business and sorts each one into a specific category. The ones it cannot sort, it will ask what category it belongs to and you can easily adjust it.

It even allows you to pay taxes through the platform and keeps records of all necessary forms from P&L's and various other forms

What do you dislike?

I think I dislike the lack of there being a Cost of goods sold category for the Quickbooks self employed part. I wish they would add that as it would help my business better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It is very user friendly and doesn't require a lot of technical ability to get started.

I am solving my bookkeeping problems. This makes keep track of transaction and tracking business profits and taxes a HECK of a lot easier!!

QuickBooks Online review by Ed H.
Ed H.

"QuickBooks Online is easy to use and very convenient."

What do you like best?

Accessing our accounting software on multiple devices, always synced, always backed up. With PC, Mac, and IOS apps we never have to wait to enter a transaction or send an invoice. Automatic downloading of transactions from our bank saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

Very little. There are few functions that are available only on the web app that aren't available on the mobile apps, but they aren't primary functions for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it works great for mobile user or companies with multiple users.

We are able to create and send an invoice to a customer immediately instead of having to wait to get to an office computer to do it. It allows most customers to have a total amount due and pay us right away, often as soon as we send them the invoice.

QuickBooks Online review by James A.
James A.

"The best Accountancy software for your business or company"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks runned by Intuit have designed a perfect software platform that uses all manner of features to make your accountancy work better and smoother. I find the menu interface and features like allowing you to connect your back accounts and also set invoices really easy to use. I also love the layout and the simple way to get the job done. This platform has a great view of your overall performance as a dashboard that shows you on one screen what all your income and outgoings are based on sales and profit. If you are looking for a low cost solution for your business then I would recommend Quickbooks for your company. I also like the bak feeds that can be setup and also the HMRC recognised features that allow you to connect to HMRC to upload your transactions and forms that are normally required. It also allows you to let your accountant see what you have achieved.

What do you dislike?

I find this software difficult to fault the only thing is that it does not support multiple companies. I find quickbooks a little more difficult than other mores imple platforms as you will need to have a basic understanding of accountancy practices. Never the less this platform does thw job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is probably the most recognised and reliable and cost effective solution for your business.

I needed a booking keeping platform to help me do my own company accounts.

QuickBooks Online review by Rafa L.
Rafa L.

"Quickbooks online gave us a boost!"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can login anywhere, any time, to follow up on our accounting and request payment from clients.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it's not as easy for clients outside the United States to make payment online. It seems clients can only make payment online if they have a U.S. credit card, so our clients overseas need to resort to an alternate payment method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does expedite payment, because clients find it convenient to click the invoice sent by email to make payment online.

We can send invoices to clients and have them pay us online, which expedites the entire process. Also, we don't need to be in the office to create and submit invoices and request payment, because we only need to login and do it all on through the web-based platform. We used to have a Windows virtual machine to use the old Quickbooks software, so the web-based version has also helped us ditch Windows altogether and stick to Ubuntu Linux at the office and on our business laptops, so we can keep the business going while on the road.

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

* We monitor all QuickBooks Online reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.