QuickBooks Online

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place

Work for QuickBooks Online?
Netsuiteerp leader  2x

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 1248 QuickBooks Online reviews
QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jason L.</span>
Jason L.

Perfect for small and growing businesses.

What do you like best?

QBO is an affordable solution for small and growing companies. It is easy to use, and nearly all other SaaS providers have integrations with the platform. For a one person or small accounting team, QBO can remain your solution until around the $10 million revenue mark.

What do you dislike?

The functionality isn't the best, but you get what you pay for. Integrations with overseas entities could be better, and eventually, you will outgrow the platform. That transition can be an expensive proposition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried out the payroll model, but for companies with less than 20 employees that don't plan to grow, I can see this being a workable solution. I would say that if do not have someone in-house that is familiar with QBO, you are probably better of finding an outside firm to help you set it up and run it for a few months so you can see how it should work.

QBO is our accounting solution. We use the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Financial reporting purposes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online review by <span>Kelly K.</span>
Kelly K.

Convenient, User-Friendly Accounting Software

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to jump in and learn. As a Pro-Advisor that is a large selling point for a new customer to be able to feel like they can jump in and look at their business financials in an easy to understand and manage view while also being able to limit the functionality in the sense that only their accountants or an accountant log in can perform certain tasks. I love that it is accessible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve for seasoned Quickbooks users to navigate. Once you figure your way around and what version you have and what it can and cannot do it's very easy to get around and set things up the way you want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many cloud based accounting software programs offered today but Quickbooks is my go to at the moment because it is very user-friendly with different entry points for what you want it to do.

I help a client who is able to log on to Quickbooks from different locations without having to worry about configuring a host computer. They just log on and do what they have to do, the layout is easy to understand and their financial position is available at a glance.

What Accounting solution do you use?

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Lee Y.</span>
Lee Y.

Great for Bookkeepers and Accountants

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online make the collaboration between client and accountant a breeze! No more shuffling accountant copies of files, or trying to access the file remotely through Dropbox. Clients can be taught to use the more basic functions like day-to-day entry of deposits and bills, while bookkeepers and accountants can make their entries and run reports as needed. It's also all online, so there's no worrying about cross-platform users or the limitations of the Quickbooks for Mac. And with the QB ProAdvisor program for accountants, you get a certification badge and lots of discounts on other Intuit products. You can also use wholesale billing to give your clients customized rates for Quickbooks software.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not similar to the desktop version that so many accountants are used to seeing. The workflow is geared towards business owners, not accountants. The chart of accounts is also a little different with QBO, and there are a lot of mandatory accounts that QBO requires. QBO is definitely user friendly for business owners, but not so much for accountants making adjusting entries or changes to the client's books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if just starting out, hire a professional bookkeeper or accountant to help set up your books correctly the first time. Trying to make major changes to your books once information is entered is laborious and time consuming.

The biggest problem that Quickbooks Online solves is not having to send and receive accountant copies of files to make changes. Everything is accessible through the web, and changes to client books are immediate. This has greatly cut back on the non-billable hours of waiting for the client to send you the file, and waiting for them to upload your changes.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Diana H.</span>
Diana H.

Clunky but improving

What do you like best?

QB has good reporting capabilities that allows a business to extract information, customize reporting, and keep track of expenses by customer. It looks good and wants to be first class.

What do you dislike?

Intuit tries to lock a business into their own payment processing solution and lacks the flexibility to link to other gateways. However, as a corporation they are also very risk adverse and have shut down payment processing for multiple clients and for my own CPA firm (go figure). As a result I have a very hard time recommending the platform for a serious business, but it's probably fine for a self-employed entrepreneur with low volume or just starting out. Additionally, there is a problem with the dashboard that results in inaccurate reporting of income/expenses for the month. Multiple calls to support revealed that Intuit is working on the issues. Bottom line, the user has to run reports instead of relying on the dashboard for accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuit tries to lock you into their suite of products including overpriced payroll solutions and only one payment gateway. If your business is growing or has significant volume, you should find another accounting solution.

This is a decent entry level bookkeeping solution to get clients organized and start to keep books for their business.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Steve T.</span>
Steve T.

I'm an idiot and I can use it

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to go in, add a new customer, get an invoice set up and email it to them. It's very simple to add a new customer using the different fields. It's self explanatory and I consider myself a bit of an idiot with this stuff. I'm great creatively but finance and accounting isn't a string point. I also love how simple it is to set up an invoice template and adding my services via the drop down menu, helps me track where my sales are coming from. There are so many amazing features that I haven't even got to grips with. I'm excited to dive into them

What do you dislike?

When it comes to logging in. I get a little overwhelmed. There are so many different areas I can look at and data I can access. For someone who isn't detail orientated I'd like something more simple. And again like many other sites, something that looks nice. It's the artsy side to me that loves things to look nice.

It is so quick and easy for me to sell a product or service and raise an invoice in quick time. It also allows me to keep up to date with cash flow and what's outstanding. I love the fact my accountant has access to it all too.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Elizabeth B.</span>
Elizabeth B.

Easy to Use Accounting Tool

What do you like best?

I think my favorite thing about Quickbooks Online is that it was pretty easy to port my data over from the desktop version. It was easy for me to do on my own and did not require that I call customer support or spend a lot of time on it. I love that I can access my data anywhere from any computer if need be. I love the automation of things like bank transactions and credit card transactions downloading daily as well as the ability to auto process remembered transactions like invoices and reoccurring expenses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could customize invoices more, the customization seems fairly limited. Also, I am unable to connect to one of our bank accounts as that bank uses multi factor authentication, and that is really frustrating as most of our transactions flow through that particular bank account. Also, it is not entirely infrequent that the application craps out and gives the 'Our shoes have come untied message' which means it will not show things on the dashboard, as well as report windows will not always load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used other accounting software in order to compare, but, I did come from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, and Quickbooks Online is MUCH better than the desktop version. It provides a lot more flexibility than the desktop version, as well as a lot of features that you cannot get on the desktop application. Quickbooks Online also integrates with a lot of other software which is nice, so there is a likelihood that you can connect to another piece of software that you use for the business pretty seamlessly.

The absolute best feature is just the fact that I can access all of my data from anywhere, any time, and it was great that I could take my company's Quickbooks Desktop software and just easily port it over without a lot of learning new things or big changes in how I operated outside of improvements.

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

* We monitor all QuickBooks Online reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.