Do you work for QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online Reviews & Product Details

What is QuickBooks Online?

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place. Run your entire business with the #1 small business cloud accounting solution!

QuickBooks Online Screenshots

QuickBooks Online Profile Details

QuickBooks Online Profile Details

Intuit
Description
From Intuits flagship products Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance.
1983

QuickBooks Online Reviews

1-50 of 1952 total QuickBooks Online reviews

QuickBooks Online Reviews

1-50 of 1952 total QuickBooks Online reviews
QuickBooks Online review by Maheen Z.
CEO/ co-founder

"Quickbooks online review for Small to Medium size business"

What do you like best?

Intuitive user interface and self explanatory menu sliders

Cloud based accounting provides users with anytime access that allows work to be completed faster

Easy addition and management of vendors , banking and expense categories

Comprehensive payroll support.

Integrates with other programs

Cost efficient

Growing resources of add-on apps in the Intuit apps marketplace. Allows users to add additional systems (CRM, inventory, ecommerce)

What do you dislike?

Security: if you use the online version of QuickBooks instead of the on-premises software program, you run the risk of exposing important financial information to Internet hackers.

The basic version of QuickBooks is designed for the user with limited accounting and financial needs. Therefore, it does not offer all the accounting processes used by professional accountants. You're also limited in areas such as the number of products you can list for inventory purposes

Easy to make a huge mess of many, many transactions before you realize it.

Auto correct feature can be more robust to isolate manual human mistake in accounting

Advanced features (job costing, inventory, multiple currencies) are not available in the basic version and users must purchase the Plus version or purchase add-ons

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very affortable accounting, banking, payroll and sales tracking tool at very cut throat subscribtion charges. Very user friendly and intuitive however does error out with data porting from other software.

Payroll, track income and expenses, invoicing, sales and sales tax. Benefits: streamlined and integrated reported, easy to collaborate with team members

QuickBooks Online review by John S.
Sale Manager

"Quickbooks Online is Easy to Use and very convenient"

What do you like best?

From my experience, the system is very easy to use especially when you connect it to your business bank account. The original set up process guided me with the creation of my chart of accounts which is really important and made it so that I could easily keep track of all of our expenses and income. Our business is small yet mighty, its always great looking back and seeing how much you have grown over the year, the report makes this easy.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks online relies on the Internet so if my network is down for a second, I'm struggling with it a lot. Second of all, I wish that you could customize invoices more, the customization seems fairly limited. Also, I am unable to connect to one of our bank accounts as that bank uses multi factor authentication, and that is really frustrating as most of our transactions flow through that particular bank account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks online has made it easier to accomplish accounting tasks from anywhere ,and across multiple devices,without having to be physically present in the office.

Since we have Quickbooks online, we can send invoices to customers instantly and keep track all the business transaction from our inland freight services.

QuickBooks Online review by Terrance L. R.
Sales Associate

"Quicbooks Online: Online accounting solution"

What do you like best?

I must say that when I started using this tool, I did not imagine it was so complete, in its application in the cloud, I can make all kinds of invoices, with the necessary details that I need, as if I did in any desktop application, this system to be based on the cloud, it is very complete, you can make a report based on a complete process of different financial operations, I do not know if I explain myself, but here I can see for example, the whole transaction process, which I use in the credit card of my business, which allows me to create an extract, with the necessary details that I need, to create a report at the end of the month, in a simple and fast way, this type of reports, of different financial processes, They are made in predetermined templates, easy to edit, which allows to give a more professional image, to all types of documents.

What do you dislike?

I have had some problems with this application, I think this is a failure of the server, because the truth, I have no idea what is happening, I usually do some work directly on the platform, to avoid writing some information, in a document of text, and pass the information here, this amine I avoid losing some time, but sometimes, I do not understand why, it is not saved automatically, the work I'm doing, if we put this is something basic, and should never fail, it is not possible, that if you leave the window of the application, and return after your work is lost, although that I know, and when I started using this application I used to spend more carelessly, but now with time, Like sometimes I forget, and as I said, sometimes automatic saving does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended application, at low cost, to perform all types of online accounting operations.

The accounting works, which were previously done on paper, or in any robust desktop application, that made us lose time and money, now we can perform them in a cloud system, with the greatest ease, and without the need to spend thousands dollars, in a license, is a fair price, and has the necessary tools to do the kind of work we usually do.

QuickBooks Online review by CA Deepti A.
Proprietor
Financial Services

"Great Accounting Software "

What do you like best?

The most I like about Quickbooks Online is its user interface. Everything is available on a click of a button and even if you are not an expert in accounting, you can still use Quickbooks for maitaining the books of accounts for your business.

What do you dislike?

As an accountant the biggest limitation I have faced has been that 1 email or login id can be used for 1 specific country only. If someone is a Quickbooks Pro Advisor his 1 id should work on all variants of Quickbooks Online across different regions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to use and is suitable for most businesses. However, please evaluate if its meets any specific requirements you might have from an accounting system.

Some of my clients have moved from maintaining financial statements in excel to Quickbooks. This has resulted in more accurate depiction of the results along with reduced timelines since most of the stuff is automated.

QuickBooks Online review by Daniel P.
Broadcast Media

"Fast Reliable and Simple Software"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use, speed, reliability and cloud features of QuickBooks. I have been using it for my business for years and it has never let me down. Now with the online version I don't need to store anything locally or download software and I have the same experience. It allows me to manage my entire payroll and expenses from any computer, phone, or laptop with a few clicks of my email and password. I have tried the competition and they are all more expensive as well as worse. Highly recommended A+.

What do you dislike?

There are some features missing that are available in more advanced software, but they are only useful for larger companies. I only have a few employees and it seems to do everything I need

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it and don't bother with the competition.

I am managing my payroll, expenses, and direct deposits with Quick Books. I have been using it for a long time and the online version is just as good and easily accessible.

QuickBooks Online review by dolly v.
Software Developer

"QuicksBooks Online - The Best User friendly Software"

What do you like best?

The cloud-based nature of QuickBooks Online is one thing that keeps me inspired in using it. The way that I can access this thing wherever, whenever is an extraordinary thing. Besides, the support group are extremely responsive, and they always endeavor to understand the customer's grievance. Moreover, the more features with QuickBooks Online improves the correctness of the budgetary reports.

What do you dislike?

The usage process of QuickBooks Online takes some additional time. That is, before making this stage work in your firm, one needs additional time, and resources. Once more, the route by which new improvements as are conveyed needs some improvements. May be, the seller should consider issuing a notice to educate the users that on a specific day and time, there will be a update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To start using the Quickbooks online and get used to it. just give it a try.

The primary issue in the bookkeeping territory that QuickBooks has solved in the companies since Quickbooks allows to execute taxes, attach time additional, compute commissions on service rendered; all that naturally. What benefits the employees, for having their salary on time and the work exertion is lower.

QuickBooks Online review by Dianna V.
Accountant
Accounting

"QuickBooks Online: Easy to use accounting software for small business"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online is very easy to use even for those who do not have an education in accounting and finance. I started using QB Online 5 years ago with no formal training - just got in there and learned the basics. Soon, I had a great understanding of the software and was often an instructor to co-workers who needed to learn the software.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes while working on month end processing, I'll experience slow downs, but that is probably due to all the users online at the same time?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and the support for QB Online is extremely helpful.

I do the books for a small division of my previous employer which was not included in a business merger. I find the reports I produce for the owners and shareholders are complete, yet easy for them to understand, especially if I need to run any customized reports.

QuickBooks Online review by Jody E. S.
Freelance Proofreader
Publishing
(Myself Only)

"All the features I need for my self-employed bookkeeping "

What do you like best?

I like that I can take photos of receipts and they're right there in the same file with category, description, date. It's pretty easy!

What do you dislike?

I have excluded transactions because of new app bank verifications, having to cancel and re-issue payments, etc., and they still show in my transaction list just like a new transaction in bold text. I would like the option to take them completely out of my list but it seems like that's not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a little heavy if you're like me and don't need mileage tracking, etc, but it still has everything else that I find helpful as a small business owner. Their client support is very helpful - I initiated a chat with a rep when I couldn't figure out how to change my logo on invoices, and they were very helpful and solved the issue in under 5 minutes! Looking forward to finding out how well they do with taxes - that's a first for this new business owner!

I can screenshot emails and use as a receipt upload, and QB automatically pulls transactions from my linked business bank account! Both very helpful features so I don't miss anything.

QuickBooks Online review by Asif K.
Agent
Financial Services

"Cheap and All encompassing"

What do you like best?

It has additional features but for the most part is all inclusive, no need to pay extra. The design is simple and easy to understand when finding a reciept or looking to match an expense. Quickbooks allows you to communicate with other members of the team wihtout having to print out sheets in Excel. In Fact the fact that you can document transactions and easily search and modify them makes it a great system. The best part is that it connects directly to the bank the company uses therefore making it superior in terms of bank reconciliation required by the tax CPA firm we employ. The fact that it works with different systems means that we can accept payment and use bank applications, work with our accountant, as well as see how much the vendors we employ pay us, al on one screen. The simplicity helps explain things to senior management and keep meeting short but accurate.

What do you dislike?

The Payroll Upgrade costs as much as it would to hire my own CPA to do accounting. Quickbooks allows freedom but should have had a built in Payroll feature or at least maintain competitive pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use the program and it's cost is worth it

Business Tax Reporting. Aside from bookkeeping, thanks to QuickBooks I am able to find and match specific transactions and therefore see how much money the company spends and see this in relation to other months or by quarter.

QuickBooks Online review by Dayana Yusimg P.
Sales Specialist
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Exceptional design and performance, the best software"

What do you like best?

It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is very easy to take my reports to my accountant every year and have her do my taxes. I have a small company with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has allowed me to make my own books all these years.

What do you dislike?

Honestly for some reason, the update can be very doubtful and I will go to do my payroll and suddenly I can not do it. Of course, this only happens when there is a time crisis and I need to quickly get some paychecks.

I recommend this software. I'm a systems professional, a web developer, but I was an APC secretary, and I attended a Word Processing course, then I became a paralegal and I continued my computer education at the university here, then I did business with my husband , so I'm pretty familiar with QB.

QuickBooks Online review by Mandy M.
Client Service Specialist
Financial Services

"Great Product for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to enter in new transactions or find old transactions from any screen. They've also simplified the reconciliation process each month. The site is intuitive and user-friendly and has many charts/graphs that help to tell the whole story. The reports are able to be customized to fit your individual company needs. Another benefit is that you can add your accountant as a user so as to keep everything electronic!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is a bit cumbersome and it is difficult to figure out how to take a credit card payment if you don't take them all that often. I've also found that linking to our bank account created more problems than it was worth. We needed to update our info so often and then link the transactions in the program to those that came through from the bank. It didn't make sense for us in the end so we manually enter transactions instead.

We've been able to reconcile our bank accounts at a much faster rate than before as well as get the reports needed to our accountant in a timely manner.

QuickBooks Online review by Annemarie M.
Owner

"Quickbooks Online is a powerful option in an accessible package."

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online has recently improved their offerings to match up more closely with the desktop edition. Now with inventory management in addition to payroll, taxes, and more basic accounting functionality like invoicing, sales receipts, expense reporting, etc., it's hard to imagine a use case for a small business that QuickBooks Online couldn't handle. At a $60 price point and accessible by logging in anywhere, it's also incredibly accessible and convenient.

What do you dislike?

At times QuickBooks Online can be slow to load, and some of the features are a bit clunky. There are quick links for invoices, but to get to estimates you have to move through several steps; the sales tax tracking and reporting system also leaves something to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something more in-depth than Freshbooks or Xero can provide, but want to stay online, give QB online a try!

I use QuickBooks for every accounting task in my small business. The click-through to pay invoices is great, I find the inventory tracking to be invaluable, as well as more standard functions. I like the ability to make a sales receipt as opposed to an invoice for certain purchase categories.

QuickBooks Online review by Ashton R.
Automotive Technician
Automotive

"Easy to use for small business"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is simple to use if you can understand simple accounting concepts. Makes keeping track of money easy. Easy to use from multiple locations because its cloud based and your accountant can access it at anytime because of that.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to change the graphs on the dashboards to graphs that might be more useful. Also it would be useful to have a instant explanation of what reports are fully and how they are useful. the colors are hard to look at daily and would be nice if I could change the color scheme. Can't have a split screen that would be nice to have and useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for new people to book keeping. Easy to use and I like that I can upload my POs and view from anywhere with the cloud. Give it a try and also use they direct pay feature it makes paying ppl easy. lots of add on products that dont cost to much that can be useful for small business aswell. highly recommend super easy to use

It helps me see the health of the business and how much money we actually have in the account at all times. Its nice to see what has cleared already and find mistakes. When you reconcile the accounts it goes much faster with little to no mistakes because it pulls your bank account info daily to match up what you entered.

QuickBooks Online review by Shannon M.  P.
Market Development Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching

"Quickbooks + A Bookkeeper to Educate You = Balanced Books!"

What do you like best?

That I can grant access to my bookkeeper to go in and work on my books. After linking my bank accounts to the software, including lines of credit and credit cards she can easily match up expenses and income, making it simple to track cash flow. I also love how simply integrates with infusion soft, so i can send invoices for either platform and they all get accounted for in the quick books software.

What do you dislike?

My struggle with quick books was in getting it set-up... maybe there are videos i never saw, but I did have to hire a bookkeeper to set it up for me and show me how to track and match expenses. Invoices I figured out on my own though. Accounting / Bookkeeping was never something I learned at school, so its been a learning curve to get comfortable with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out what support they have now for setting it up (I hope there is more than when I originally joined). Keep in mind that it will likely be worth hiring a bookkeeper for a few hours to do the initial set-up and walking you through the software. That investment up front will save you down the road.

Knowing where the money goes!! Knowing is the half the battle, and with this software I can easily track invoices and expenses so i know where my cash flow is exactly - also will make it simple at tax time :)

QuickBooks Online review by james c.
Clerk
Hospital & Health Care

"Finance work simplified by quickbooks online"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online is accessible and available anywhere.The best part of QuickBooks Online is that it is available anywhere that you have internet access.Last month I processed payments and employees payroll while out on annual leave in order to hit a required submission date and this QuickBooks online makes that easy.Quickbooks online has very Strong Security-quickbooks Intuit has a comprehensive set of security policies and procedures in place to protect company's data.

What do you dislike?

Using quickbooks over the years ,I have noted that regular updates change the product making it difficult to re-learn and re-teach procedures.since it completely changes.Quickbooks online is very expensive since each company file requires a separate subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks online is Compatible for mobile phone hence making it possible to access from anywhere at any time.Quickbooks online automatically backup data hence no data feed will ever lost.Its also has automated email reports & customer billing hence enabling good relations with customers by reminding me to bill my customers on time

Accessibility anywhere at anytime.quickbooks online allows anytime/anywhere access with Internet.these has helped so much since work continues even if am not in the office causing high productivity.I can access quickbooks anywhere so long as I have internet.Last month I processed payments and employees payroll while out on annual leave in order to hit a required submission date

QuickBooks Online review by Lorraine A. E.
Director, People Services
Airlines/Aviation

"Why I love Quickbooks Online"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online is intuitive and quick out of the gate. Once I went through the trial period, we decided to purchase an annual subscription to glean the full platform of the software. We're glad that we took the plunge. Keeping track of expenses, invoices and banking information in one platform has been bookkeeping a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks Online helps in various ways with solving typical business administrative tasks. There isn't much to dislike about Quickbooks online, as it is intuitive and quick out of the gate. Once I went through the trial period, we decided to purchase an annual subscription to glean the full platform of the software. We're glad that we took the plunge. Keeping track of expenses, invoices and banking information in one platform has been bookkeeping a breeze.

QuickBooks Online review by Leihla W.
Program Director

"QuickBooks"

What do you like best?

I like having a resource to access all of my clients' financial records.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks feels a bit messy to me; I'm not financially savvy, and as someone who is required to use this program for work, I often feel lost. Many of the (admittedly good) features that QuickBooks has seem to be hidden and inaccessible unless I know exactly how to do something.

The way the statements and invoices print are often confusing; I wish they were a bit more comprehensive so my clients knew more details about what they were paying for with each invoice, the due date, and where any overdue charges are coming from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are familiar with this program, I'm sure it's a good way to go! If you are new to this aspect of a business, my best advice is to have someone who is familiar show you around a bit!

Staying on top of my clients' bills.

QuickBooks Online review by Arielle K.
Business Owner

"Best Way to see your Books"

What do you like best?

Being able to combine all cards into the software makes it super easy to see what is going on in a snapshot. We have started utilizing more of the reports and it is making it easier for us to present to investors and to simply see the progress of our renovation properties and the growth of our Vacation Rental business.

What do you dislike?

Chasing down everyone that uses company cards to make sure I classify charges correctly. With multiple people utilizing company cards, sometimes it can get hard to classify things when there are more charges through each day. We actually partnered this with Expensify to eliminate guess on my part and put the responsibility back on the employees making the purchases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this product. You will want to make sure that you sync any bank accounts or corporate cards to your account so you can limit the amount of manual work for entering the charges. You can also set up detailed Chart of Accounts, Class Lists, and many more to track things as granular as you need them.

Being able to see how each project is doing and where money is being spent on each project. I recently found a report that has been extremely helpful. With us paying out trades and contractors, the Check Report has been huge in our ability to see which checks have cleared or not and to pinpoint how much has been paid to each contractor to see our trends on different jobs.

QuickBooks Online review by Claire B.
Owner

"A tool for giving clarity to the complex "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can visualize the data. Also, inputting data is a breeze. Finally, and this is the real draw for me, customer support is super fast and I generally have an answer within the hour. If there isn’t a specific way to do what I need to do, they have worked with me to find a work around and have submitted suggestions to the developers. Also, the seemless synchronization with TurboTax and export to accountant are extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to adapt forms and categories that may be industry specific. (No problems using logos and such)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product makes it possible to do the bookkeeping correctly and much more cost effective than hiring staff to do it.

My bookkeeping in general has improved tremendously. I spend less time on bookkeeping and get excellent results. This, in turn, reduces my stress.

QuickBooks Online review by Gourav M.
Software Engineer

"A good alternative to manual accounting"

What do you like best?

We like the bank integration feature where all our banking transactions are automatically fetched by QBO and we need not add the manual entries as we used to do earlier. Secondly, the clear graphs and pie-charts help us in understanding our business better. Even we can send the due payment reminders.

What do you dislike?

It's quite complex and so many features to understand and utilize. Secondly, there are very less native integrations and Zapier automation is a costly affair. Plus there's no integrated payment gateway as seen in Zoho Books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quite complex but an essential tool to manage your business and accounting.

Intuit QuickBooks Online saving our time, money and efforts in managing our finance and accounting. It's quite easy and simple provide access to our Charted Accountant during the mandatory annual auditing process. We also like the way we can share the invoice with our clients.

QuickBooks Online review by Evelyn K.
Accounting

"QuickBooks Online is the most optimal accounting tool that every business need to have"

What do you like best?

What I like most about QuickBooks Online is the way its deployment is based in the cloud. That way, I was able to implement this tool within a duration of less than one week. Agan, I like QuickBooks Online since it has all the tools that help me to save time and effort while carrying out some vital obligations. Additionally, I like QuickBooks Online since it integrates with almost every tool that we use in our corporation such as Gmail and Dropbox Business. Finally, I like QuickBooks Online because it is easy to setup as it has simple interface and slick design.

What do you dislike?

I only hate the fact that QuickBooks Online is allocated at a higher rate. To make it the best accounting tool, the Vendor need to reduce the total cost on all the pricing tiers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend QuickBooks Online to all small businesses since it has all the tools that suits all their accounting needs.

Creating invoices and sending them to the respective clients via Gmail.

Carrying out accounting tasks such as data entry and repetitive calculations in the cloud.

QuickBooks Online review by Tonya A.
Owner

"Quickbooks Online for Small Business"

What do you like best?

I am able to manage our AR & AP, plus it maintains a customer database that links all services provided to each customer as well as I am able to upload files & photos for each job. Easy push to invoice via email option is also great!

What do you dislike?

The downfall regarding the online software I use, is that I am unable to customize an the software standard forms to convert into a work order. As a small service company I would prefer to keep all forms from start to finish in one place. so being able to customize forms a little more would be a huge benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the ease and use of online accounting is helpful for the on the go small business owner.

Initially used an offline software for accounting purposes. Utilizing the online software, I am able to log in while away from the office and make payments or receive payments details, instead of waiting to get back to the office. The convenience this provided alone was huge.

QuickBooks Online review by Loren C.
Account Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Quickbooks best meets accounting needs."

What do you like best?

In my opinion, the best thing that I like about this program is that its functionalities are really easy to learn by anybody. In order to get familiar with Quickbooks a person should have basic computer skills. Superb software that is suitable to run small businesses effectively. Invoice Customization is one of the great features I like to use. Another key feature that I like about Quickbooks Online is that it can be use from anywhere and anytime by just connecting to the internet. It is an outstanding product for the technical mind persons.

What do you dislike?

I am really satisfied with this software. One thing that I feel is not suitable for the users. That is its being expensive; It would be nice if they reduce the pricing. It will be more helpful for the small size for business. If I take a glimpse technically on the on this tool I will surely say I have not ever encountered any kind of major issue, that I have to write here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say in order to solve accounting issues or problems QuickBoks is the best choice I have made. So must try this advance program.

It is perfect at campaign management. It is a comfortable tool for taking financial statements. I would say through Quickbooks online we can stay in touch with our clients. It has raised productivity considerably.

QuickBooks Online review by Mercy M.
Banking

"QuickBooks Online is the most dynamic accounting software that you ought to have"

What do you like best?

I must disclose that I have used QuickBooks Online for three years + to carry out some vital business obligations like invoicing. What I like most about QuickBooks Online is the way it is accessed in the cloud. For that reason, I am able to accomplish some vital tasks from anywhere there is stable internet connection. Additionally, QuickBooks Online is a user friend;y accounting solution since it has a simple interface and slick design which makes it easy to work with. Last but not least, I like how QuickBooks Online integrates with some useful applications that we use in our organization.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most is the way you cannot use QuickBooks Online when there is poor internet connection. Again, QuickBooks Online get offered at a higher license cost per user. It would be the best accounting solution in the cloud if they would offer it at a favorable cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, with no hesitation, especially to all those that want to accomplish their accounting needs.

With QuickBooks Online I have been able to gain a lot. For instance, I am able to carry out accounting tasks at ease with QuickBooks Online.

QuickBooks Online review by Gordon B.

"Isn't there a better way? "

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online has been making some improvements over the past couple of years. I like its cloud-based infrastructure that we can share with our accountants.

I like that I can use 3rd party apps to upload records.

What do you dislike?

There is significant latency with the interface, so you have to be very patient while things load.

While the interface is pretty, I can't decide whether it is unnecessarily complicated, or unnecessarily dumbed down... all I know is that using the software adds to my overall levels of stress and frustration.

Sometimes, lists of customers or vendors get hidden, so you can't click from customer to customer or vendor to vendor; rather you need to reload the Customer's home tab... there are lots of places like this where you need to click three places to accomplish something that could easily be done with a single click. Want to views the customer on the invoice you're viewing? Remember their name, then cancel out of the Invoice, then open up the customers tab, and then search for her or him. Preposterous.

I get the sense that Intuit thinks its customers are stupid, so they provide lots of skewomorphic page effects that are completely unnecessary. Open an invoice, and (after 5-15 seconds of loading) it slides in, like a piece of paper, over what you were viewing. I'd rather be able to click intuitively through the system and have the interface open quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make some tea between clicks.

Collaboration with our off-site accountant.

QuickBooks Online review by Emily W.
Accountant

"QuickBooks Online"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks offers an app version of the software as well as other apps that work with the software to provide benefits that QBO itself cannot provide.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the report feature. I like the desktop version better where you can have different tabs open at the same time. In QBO you have to keep opening the report and customizing it to what you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this for a small business that doesn't need an accounting software for major or traditional things that QuickBooks Desktop offers. However, QBO does offer things such as automatic sales receipts, split transactions, scheduled invoices, and location and class categories that are not offered in the desktop version and are helpful for some types of businesses.

Clients have been able to import their bank feeds and easily reconcile their bank accounts which is very helpful. Clients have also realized that QBO is somewhat simpler to navigate.

QuickBooks Online review by Timothy J.
Digital Media Faculty
Media Production

"QuickBooks Online "

What do you like best?

I love how easily it integrates with RideShare Applications such as Uber and Lyft. I can automatically turn it on to track my business miles and it lets me know in real-time tax deductions I can expect for the year. It saves so much time and hassle.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how you have to connect a bank account instead of manual entering income into the system to have it calculate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you set up a business account if you are a sole proprietorship so that you can link your bank with QuickBooks. I feel as though I am missing out on some of the features because I do not have an account solely for business purposes.

I am realizing how much time I am able to save by using QuickBooks to track my income and travel miles. It will be very beneficial as tax season rolls around.

QuickBooks Online review by Amy R.
Senior Bookkeeping Consultant
Accounting

"QuickBooks Online makes business bookkeeping easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes the mobile workplace much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are glitches, sometimes related to the browser being used. When contacting Intuit Support, often the first thing they suggest is to change browsers. It's frustrating that things aren't more stable. But this happens rarely, so it's a small price to pay for the flexibility of working wherever I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and see if QuickBooks Online is a good fit for your business type. Many advanced features are available through the use of apps, and there is a great selection of apps in the QuickBooks Online ecosystem.

I've reduced overhead by not needing a brick and mortar office location to work from. Additionally, QuickBooks Online has made it possible for me to work with clients all over the United States. I have increased productivity by being able to work from anywhere, anytime.

QuickBooks Online review by Lauren L.
Executive Assistant Administrator & NYS Licensed RE Salesperson

"Accounting made easier"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online has been great for our company because we can access it anywhere. It's also fairly simple to use and be able to analyze and monitor our financials. Being a small company it's great to be able to do this ourselves, without too much expertise in the area.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while something confusing will come up, but it doesn't usually take too long to figure it out. Linking our different accounts is one area that had an issue, but it seems to be resolved now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having an accountant familiar with Quickbooks has been a big help. Whenever we have a question or concern she's either able to answer it right away or at least has the subject mentality to figure it out.

Quickbooks Online helped us just be able to manage our financials on our own. One of our owners works and lives in California, while the company is based in NY, so being that we just have to log in online to access everything is great.

QuickBooks Online review by Alberto G.
Contador público certificado

"Smart Accounting."

What do you like best?

Never before reconciling bank accounts, keeping records of expenses and income and taking the accounting entries had been as easy as until the moment I started using QuickBooks, that's why I love this application, because every day I make the entries in the accounting books, easy and fast way and that allows me to save time and effort, in addition to the month closings are not a torture because, Quickbooks makes the payday is like any other.

What do you dislike?

On the negative side, I can only say that the software despite having different plans that adapt to the requirements of each person or company and have appropriate prices for the service provided, for me, is a bit expensive, because I live in Venezuela and the value of Quickbooks to the exchange rate in Bolívares is high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an accountant I recommend this software, because it is really useful in the accounting of companies of all sizes and economic purposes and I can assure you that it is the most complete software I know in the accounting area.

The main problem in the accounting area that QuickBooks has solved in the companies where I manage the accounting is the PAYMENT AT NOMINE PAYMENT, because since we use this application, employees are paid on time, since Quickbooks allows to execute taxes, append time extra, calculate commissions on service rendered; all that automatically. What benefits the employees, for having their salary on time and my person (the accountant) because the work effort is lower.

QuickBooks Online review by david k.
Biotechnology

"Very good for creating invoices for the customers in the company."

What do you like best?

The reports are very good and efficient and we are able to invoice the dealers directly from the system.

Its easy to use and very reliable since you can access it from anywhere in the world.

They offer a free trial which you can test before buying the tool.

What do you dislike?

It requires internet connection to work so when the internet is down is doesnot work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend companies which would like to move away from excel accounting to implement quickbooks since it solves all the accounting problems and its already customized to meet the needs of the company.

The accoutnting reports are very efficient and deisgned in well organised way.

The clients are able to get their reports on time since the user generates the invoices directly from the system.

Very effective with accounting since we are able to perform all the accounting on it from sales to expenses and taxation all under one tool.

QuickBooks Online review by Huong N.
Finance Manager

"Quickbooks is the best accounting software "

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online allows users to organize books, manage expenses, send invoices, run payrolls and or track the company inventories. Everything can be done under 1 software. As a accountant, I can do many functions within this Quickbooks online. My company can save money by not purchasing other accounting software no more.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, this Quickbooks online is completely perfect for accounting purposes. However, it's designed not for beginner users. I was frustrating at the first time when I was trying to study the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I do recommend this Quickbooks online

I can send invoices to our customers with 1 click. From here, I can track down all customers profile and their order volumes every month.

I'm able to do month end bank reconciliation within couple hours since the software is linking to our banking system.

QuickBooks Online review by Lawrence S.

"Constant Problems and Then Double the Price"

What do you like best?

The only good thing about Quickbooks Online is that links automatically to your bank, but then again, that feature is not unique. For anyone considering moving from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, consider that the process will not be simple, and once you move your data, Quickbooks may change pricing policies at a moment's notice. The functionality is also more restrictive. It is simply a poorly designed product and the support staff often struggle to understand why it does not work.

What do you dislike?

I recently decided to convert from an old version of Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. The experience was horrible. I have spent probably 20 hours on the phone with their support staff because things simply dont work on their platform. First, the conversion of data would simply not work. It took 4 different support people and hours of attempts to finally have them shut the account and start over from scratch. No reason it would not work, just a glitch. Second, there have been multiple things that just did not work. The connection to Wells Fargo started inputting deposits as expenses, and I had to manually correct them. The state tax deposits would not work electronically, so I once again had to get support to fix it. And then the ultimate insult is that they changed their pricing policy and doubled the previously discounted price after one month. Their pricing policy seems to be bait and switch. I am also acting as an accountant for a second company, and have advised them to not switch to Quickbooks for payroll. I'm pretty sure I will be finding another solution and cancelling this Quickbooks subscription in the next week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful of what appear to be good offers, they often disappear.

I wanted a solution that would quickly and easily pull in data from banks and process payroll and provide basic accounting features, with enough flexibility to allow me to manually adjust entries easily. But there is nothing easy or powerful about Quickbooks Online. It is the perfect combination of glitchy and restrictive.

QuickBooks Online review by Steve V.