QuickBooks Online

3.8
(1,505)

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place

Work for QuickBooks Online?

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Showing 1,519 QuickBooks Online reviews
QuickBooks Online review by Lawrence S.
Lawrence S.

"Constant Problems and Then Double the Price"

What do you like best?

The only good thing about Quickbooks Online is that links automatically to your bank, but then again, that feature is not unique. For anyone considering moving from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, consider that the process will not be simple, and once you move your data, Quickbooks may change pricing policies at a moment's notice. The functionality is also more restrictive. It is simply a poorly designed product and the support staff often struggle to understand why it does not work.

What do you dislike?

I recently decided to convert from an old version of Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. The experience was horrible. I have spent probably 20 hours on the phone with their support staff because things simply dont work on their platform. First, the conversion of data would simply not work. It took 4 different support people and hours of attempts to finally have them shut the account and start over from scratch. No reason it would not work, just a glitch. Second, there have been multiple things that just did not work. The connection to Wells Fargo started inputting deposits as expenses, and I had to manually correct them. The state tax deposits would not work electronically, so I once again had to get support to fix it. And then the ultimate insult is that they changed their pricing policy and doubled the previously discounted price after one month. Their pricing policy seems to be bait and switch. I am also acting as an accountant for a second company, and have advised them to not switch to Quickbooks for payroll. I'm pretty sure I will be finding another solution and cancelling this Quickbooks subscription in the next week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful of what appear to be good offers, they often disappear.

I wanted a solution that would quickly and easily pull in data from banks and process payroll and provide basic accounting features, with enough flexibility to allow me to manually adjust entries easily. But there is nothing easy or powerful about Quickbooks Online. It is the perfect combination of glitchy and restrictive.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"QuickBooks Online is a dynamic accounting software that every small business need to have"

What do you like best?

Firstly, I like everything about QuickBooks Online from design to interface. Due to that, to offer perfect work with this software it is not a must that you get trained first. The fact that QuickBooks Online is a web-based platform, it enables me to carry out accounting tasks from anywhere there is stable internet connection.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks Online lacks functionality for large corporations. I hate it that it does not give room for expansion. Also, to get the most out of this software, you need to make sure that you pay for it. The subscription fee is not fair at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would highly recommend QuickBooks Online since it is accessed through any web-enabled device. That way, it makes it easy to undertake functions within its capability from anywhere there is stable internet connection.

We have been able to create invoices with QuickBooks Online. That way, QuickBooks Online help me to save time and effort while creating invoices since I am able to forward it to the right farmers at just a click. Finally, the payroll system is easy with the help of this software.

What Accounting solution do you use?

QuickBooks Online review by Roy C.
Roy C.

"QuickBooks is an excellent Accounting tool that makes Bookkeeping and Accounting fun and enjoyable"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks incorporates features that are easy to learn and use. There is nothing that gives me peace of mind as knowing that i can track all my income and expenses with ease and accuracy. I like the reporting functionality as well as the fact that i can generate invoices and do my bank reconciliation. Basically QuickBooks does everything as long as I got the right concept and can feed the data. I like the fact that I can easily customize invoices and automatically schedule and send the same. Phone contact is usually readily available making any consultations and inquiries very great.

What do you dislike?

This application provides restriction to the number of accounts one can sync. This makes it really difficult especially when the company has several credit cards in the same bank. Occasionally i have experienced loading speed which am not sure is directly attributed to the software or is on my side. Basically its a nice application and i can't complain much .

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks is an excellent Accounting tool. I would highly recommend it for any business that would want to have an accurate and effective record of their invoicing, expenses and income. It is also has payroll as well as bank reconciliation and report generation. Its easy to set up and with proper learning curve its just a matter of time before you start reaping the benefits.

I use this application for invoicing, payment processing, bookkeeping as well as generation of Financial Statements and Accounting Reports. It has greatly made it easy to track expenses as well as income more efficiently. QuickBooks has also enabled reduce on any unnecessary expenses thus improved profitability.

QuickBooks Online review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"QuickBooks Online is the most advanced tool for carrying out financial tasks "

What do you like best?

First off, I must disclose that I have been using QuickBooks Online for an extended duration to perform several obligations at workstation. I like QuickBooks Online since it has all the tools that help me to save time and energy while creating customer invoices. After creating an invoice it is easy to send it to the respective client with just a click. I like v since it is available as a cloud-based solution. That way, I am in a better situation to carry out several tasks like tracking sales, purchases, and marketing from anywhere as long as there is stable internet connection. For that reason, QuickBooks Online is an integrated program for any financial-related issue. In addition, QuickBooks Online has a slick design and simple interface, that make it easy to work with and get used to after with no training.

What do you dislike?

My only issue lies on pricing. Even though QuickBooks Online is the most advanced platform for all accounting and financial needs, it gets allocated at a higher rate. To make it more useful and competitive, they should amend the three subscription plans to ensure that every business can afford this implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend QuickBooks Online to all those accounting specialists that are looking to save time and energy while undertaking accounting tasks since this software has all the tools for such capabilities.

QuickBooks Online has enabled us to send invoices on time to several dealers. In addition, we have been able to track sales with the help of this significant tool. Finally, we have been incorporating QuickBooks Online to undertake accounting obligations at ease.

QuickBooks Online review by Sam L.
Sam L.

"The best out there but that's not saying a lot."

What do you like best?

I like that QBO can sync with many accounts (such as Square or our bank accounts/credit cards) to automatically import data. I also like that there are many different types of reports that we can run with that data.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit clunky and it's hard to figure out where to click on things. Also, many add-ons cost quite a bit (like direct deposit for payroll). I understand why but the cost is prohibitive for a small business as it all adds up. In addition, support seems to be non-existant. We've emailed them several times and they never respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking a class at your local small business development center but it will still be difficult to use even if you do.

We are running all of our business accounting through it. It allows us to have analytics to be able to track certain metrics. We also use part of the payroll feature.

QuickBooks Online review by Trang N.
Trang N.

"Ideal for small business"

What do you like best?

A lot of useful features like generating reports, especially customized ones, automatically telling you what number got change since the last reconciliation. Moreover, it got updated frequently to adapt all new needed features in the market.

What do you dislike?

Since it got updated frequently, it takes a little time for me to get used to. Another downside of this software is very limited users. Recently, they increase the monthly fees without notification which made me and my team not very happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, highly recommended

I use quickbook online to solve our company budgetting issue. Generating the report with quickbooks is super easy and quick (well, since it's quickbook). So, it helps me to know exactly where I can cut off or I need to put a little more budget in to incease the production. The result is a nice, easy to understand plan that helps my company to boost the service revenue and cut off unseccessary expenses

QuickBooks Online review by Esther C.
Esther C.

"Simple online accessibility, clunky and misleading interface, missing features"

What do you like best?

No-fuss online access for multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Online access for multiple users is easy to set up, but the program is often slow to respond, even over a good internet connection.

Lacks the Advanced Search of all transactions, regardless of type, that makes QB Desktop so much more flexible and easier to use.

QBO also hides advanced options (delete transaction, undo reconciliation, reverse transaction) behind multiple layers of menus. I understand this to be part of an effort to make the product friendlier to non-bookkeepers, but I use the Accountant version, and these functions are still hidden under layers of GUI. I far prefer the capacity that QB Desktop offers to strip the GUI down to a workspace and a full selection of drop-down menus.

Lacks a real inventory system. For that, you will have to use an outside app, and that is going to raise the cost.

It is also near impossible to create your own solution for missing features, as Intuit has obscured the underlying database mark-up language. For instance, if you are a non-profit that need to apply customer and class tags to multiple transaction lines for later reporting, it is far quicker and easier to do that in a spreadsheet and import the transactions. But you can only DIY that in QuickBooks Desktop and with its publicly accessible IIF mark-up language. If you use QBO, good luck finding (and paying for) a third-party app to fill this need.

I also find that the labeling of transactions (e.g., Expenditure is more prominent than Bill) and the prominence with which the bank integration/transaction matching feature is promoted to conceptually favor cash accounting practices, which are not preferred or even legal for most businesses. But they're intuitive to casual users, and the so the interface leads casual users down garden paths that an outside bookkeeper will eventually have to fix before tax (or worse, audit) time. I've earned plenty of money fixing the problems that QBO leads casual users into, but I wish it didn't encourage them into those problems in the first place.

I also find the GUI distracting and obscuring in its own right. So much screen real estate is spent, even in the Ultra Compact display mode, on graphics that are supposed to be user friendly that I can never see as much actual financial information as I would like on one screen.

Also, the bulk-editing functions in the accountant version of QBO are hobbled compared to those in QB Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really must use QBO, do not use it without guidance if you do not have a solid working knowledge of accrual accounting; hire someone who does to do your bookkeeping instead.

If you have bookkeeping needs that are at all complex, I strongly encourage you to consider hosting QB Desktop on an application server instead. If you aren't sure how complex your needs are, consult an experienced bookkeeper before you choose your platform.

Accounting software with no-fuss online access for multiple users.

QuickBooks Online review by Logan G.
Logan G.

"QuickBooks: Perfect For Startup Companies"

What do you like best?

I love how seamlessly QuickBooks integrates your bank transactions in an easy to see/navigate dashboard. This product makes accounting easy even for those without any formal training.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight learning curve to using QuickBooks. You need to know some basic invoicing and legal rules (i.e. 1099 forms, W9 forms, etc.). Thankfully, QuickBooks has a plethora of training videos to make learning easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all of the tools before diving straight in! We had to erase all of our data and begin from scratch early on because we didn't take the time to learn the system in advance. You will be much happier if you learn the software before fully implementing it into your business!

QuickBooks has solved all of our accounting problems as a startup company. We use it to send invoices, keep track of expenses, and even pay our quarterly taxes!

QuickBooks Online review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Very Useful for Identifying your financial problems and figuring out tax"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is an integrated platform for any financial-related problems or advices. As Intuit offers Quickbook service in correlation to its other services, such as from TurboTax, it's really easy to figure out the company's tax estimation or analyzing the financial situation. I use this platform to not only figure out the tax estimate for next year but also check on my financial spendings and other expenses. This platform is great for both personal and business uses as it offers great usage for a wide range of users. I highly recommend this product as it gives you a time period to test out their product before enrolling in pay-model subscription, appreciating for potential customers.

What do you dislike?

The cost can add up quite a bit if you use this for personal use. With company-use, I can use it in the company expense, but I realize the cost of subscription adds up as I continue to use this platform both for personal and business uses. Furthermore, I feel that I sometimes get lost with the immense amount of service options the platform provides once you enroll in service. I feel like I get overwhelmed with too many services and would like to see more organized way of seeing all the service options to take less time thinking which service to browse or use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to purchase the subscription as the service would save a lot of time with figuring out your tax.

I use this product to figure out the tax estimate, track my financial spendings, and organize any other financial-related information. It's an integrated hub for any personal or business's finances.

QuickBooks Online review by John-Paul H.
John-Paul H.

"Promises a lot but glitches badly undermine it"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can integrate and automate a lot.

What do you dislike?

Glitchy. Changes do not always save. Bank integration keeps breaking down. Automatic categorising of transactions is very hit and miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider others - For SMEs there are lots of systems out there, I don't think Quickbooks is the best out there - Xero, etc - lots of others.

Quickbooks would be great if it worked as it looks like it should, but the problem is it's unreliable. Things you do don't save, and it has enough bugs that I really can't trust it as a system, and given that it's our accounts system, that's no small issue. Their support (mainly on chat) has been pretty poor - I've had to contact them 5 or 6 times for 2 separate issues. They haven't known the solution on first contact, and on the first issue (bank account integration) the response was 'we know about it, we're working on it/investigating, it will be fixed', but after 2-3 times recontacting over the same issue I was eventually just given a workaround and the problem still exists. the 2nd issue, I'm still at the 'we know about it, we're investigating, watch this space' stage. Gives the strong impression that they aren't really interested in fixing or can't fix bugs.

Accounting and invoicing

QuickBooks Online review by Juliet R.
Juliet R.

"QuickBooks is great for accounting needs"

What do you like best?

I like the large variety of options for bills, vendors, checks, etc. Quickbooks has shortcuts and makes the process of paying bills / tracking bills easier as opposed to having to physically write them out. Quickbooks also has commands/prompts that double-check your input so that you're less likely to make mistakes.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks usually runs into problems when dealing with multi vs. single-user mode. Sometimes it's more of the O-Drives issue but there have been many instances where multi-users were unable to access Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses accounting software or is considering using accounting software, definitely go for it. Quickbooks offer a great number of options to help ease the process for payroll processing, vendor tracking, bill payments, etc. and provides efficient support for such duties.

We are able to reconcile checks more quickly as well as see what vendors we are working with. We can view the history of our bills and track where our money is going and where it can go. We can also generate paychecks fairly quickly with a template.

QuickBooks Online review by Jess M.
Jess M.

"Extremely useful, does the basics."

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and understand, you don’t need any advanced degree to make it work. I LOVE the mileage tracking with the app, turns what used to be a major chore into a matter of a few swipes.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t have features or options for people with multiples businesses. Right now I need to prepare all of my expenses for my accountant still, because I can’t break them out into what business they’re for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the right version of QBs to suit your needs. Make a list of the features you need before evaluating... and speak to their support, they really are helpful in helping you decide the version that will work best for you.

Makes knowing what to pay for my quarterly estimates a breeze. Make it easy to separate my personal expenses from my business expenses.

QuickBooks Online review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Perfect for small and growing businesses."

What do you like best?

QBO is an affordable solution for small and growing companies. It is easy to use, and nearly all other SaaS providers have integrations with the platform. For a one person or small accounting team, QBO can remain your solution until around the $10 million revenue mark.

What do you dislike?

The functionality isn't the best, but you get what you pay for. Integrations with overseas entities could be better, and eventually, you will outgrow the platform. That transition can be an expensive proposition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried out the payroll model, but for companies with less than 20 employees that don't plan to grow, I can see this being a workable solution. I would say that if do not have someone in-house that is familiar with QBO, you are probably better of finding an outside firm to help you set it up and run it for a few months so you can see how it should work.

QBO is our accounting solution. We use the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Financial reporting purposes.

QuickBooks Online review by Shirley P.
Shirley P.

"QBOA"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online has created manageable workflows to simplify accounting processes. Alert, best user is in services oriented or private company sector.

What do you dislike?

Dislike inventory tracking and payroll functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, not recommend to store, inventory tracking, or even construction based groups. Functionality is still best served for maintaining good ledgers, like a checkbook. Other more operational functions, even for store register like POS system is not happening in online format. Integration with popular Square platform is convoluted still and only adds more bulk to accounting. Back to pluses, QBO is amazing for P&L, balance sheet, reporring tools, tax prep and I would urge for self employed workers to try QuickBooks Self-Employed online platform instead.

Primary data entry upload, software recognizes how to categorize much better than earlier versions pre-2010. Also, obvious cloud computing, remote access, easy to manage users, invoicing, credit card processing, receives all forms of payment, including ACH, Apple Pay. Love SOME integration with apps.

QuickBooks Online review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Convenient, User-Friendly Accounting Software "

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to jump in and learn. As a Pro-Advisor that is a large selling point for a new customer to be able to feel like they can jump in and look at their business financials in an easy to understand and manage view while also being able to limit the functionality in the sense that only their accountants or an accountant log in can perform certain tasks. I love that it is accessible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve for seasoned Quickbooks users to navigate. Once you figure your way around and what version you have and what it can and cannot do it's very easy to get around and set things up the way you want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many cloud based accounting software programs offered today but Quickbooks is my go to at the moment because it is very user-friendly with different entry points for what you want it to do.

I help a client who is able to log on to Quickbooks from different locations without having to worry about configuring a host computer. They just log on and do what they have to do, the layout is easy to understand and their financial position is available at a glance.

QuickBooks Online review by Lee Y.
Lee Y.

"Great for Bookkeepers and Accountants"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online make the collaboration between client and accountant a breeze! No more shuffling accountant copies of files, or trying to access the file remotely through Dropbox. Clients can be taught to use the more basic functions like day-to-day entry of deposits and bills, while bookkeepers and accountants can make their entries and run reports as needed. It's also all online, so there's no worrying about cross-platform users or the limitations of the Quickbooks for Mac. And with the QB ProAdvisor program for accountants, you get a certification badge and lots of discounts on other Intuit products. You can also use wholesale billing to give your clients customized rates for Quickbooks software.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not similar to the desktop version that so many accountants are used to seeing. The workflow is geared towards business owners, not accountants. The chart of accounts is also a little different with QBO, and there are a lot of mandatory accounts that QBO requires. QBO is definitely user friendly for business owners, but not so much for accountants making adjusting entries or changes to the client's books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if just starting out, hire a professional bookkeeper or accountant to help set up your books correctly the first time. Trying to make major changes to your books once information is entered is laborious and time consuming.

The biggest problem that Quickbooks Online solves is not having to send and receive accountant copies of files to make changes. Everything is accessible through the web, and changes to client books are immediate. This has greatly cut back on the non-billable hours of waiting for the client to send you the file, and waiting for them to upload your changes.

QuickBooks Online review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Very good starting platform for start up/home business."

What do you like best?

It is a product that is quick to go from purchase to actively running your finances. Syncing to e-commerce platforms and bank accounts is really quite pain free. It is very low cost.

We've recently evolved the business from its initial form as Rory & The Bean to a much wider scope as Made At TwentyTwo, and to scale some form of software support is absolutely vital. The cost is so negligible that you can adopt it with little risk.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to treat records en-masse. Bulk editing, reporting, any sort of power user features are really lacking. Simple transaction by transaction treatment is best. In fact, I find the mobile version better to use than the desktop version!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more of a business practice piece of advice. PayPal is easy to use, however I would recommend getting your card out any paying using that. When you link both your bank account up (Paypay transactions contain no detail) and Paypal (detail), it begins to look incredibly confusing inside Quickbooks.

Watch out when using something like Chrome. Its tendency to memory leak means that it can become incredibly laggy when trying to go and do large volumes of transactions. We swapped to Safari and everything suddenly became a whole lot better.

Absolutely no accounts management or ability to monitor cash flow very quickly resolved. A hell of a lot better than working on spreadsheet.

QuickBooks Online review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"QBO is a MUST for your small business"

What do you like best?

The ability to track all of your finances in one remote location. Also, being able to run reports extremely fast

What do you dislike?

I do not have a dislike for QBO. It is easy to use, there are in-person classes to learn, and the cost wraps it all up to make it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is extremely helpful with a call line that you can call at any time. They are able to see your screen and point you directly to the solution you need. I have not used anything else but there is no reason to change since most big name software are compatible with QBO.

Instead of individually checking the bank account, the credit cards, the line of credit and the bills, it is all in one quick home page for me to review each and every day.

QuickBooks Online review by Diana H.
Diana H.

"Clunky but improving"

What do you like best?

QB has good reporting capabilities that allows a business to extract information, customize reporting, and keep track of expenses by customer. It looks good and wants to be first class.

What do you dislike?

Intuit tries to lock a business into their own payment processing solution and lacks the flexibility to link to other gateways. However, as a corporation they are also very risk adverse and have shut down payment processing for multiple clients and for my own CPA firm (go figure). As a result I have a very hard time recommending the platform for a serious business, but it's probably fine for a self-employed entrepreneur with low volume or just starting out. Additionally, there is a problem with the dashboard that results in inaccurate reporting of income/expenses for the month. Multiple calls to support revealed that Intuit is working on the issues. Bottom line, the user has to run reports instead of relying on the dashboard for accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuit tries to lock you into their suite of products including overpriced payroll solutions and only one payment gateway. If your business is growing or has significant volume, you should find another accounting solution.

This is a decent entry level bookkeeping solution to get clients organized and start to keep books for their business.

QuickBooks Online review by Steve T.
Steve T.

"I'm an idiot and I can use it"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to go in, add a new customer, get an invoice set up and email it to them. It's very simple to add a new customer using the different fields. It's self explanatory and I consider myself a bit of an idiot with this stuff. I'm great creatively but finance and accounting isn't a string point. I also love how simple it is to set up an invoice template and adding my services via the drop down menu, helps me track where my sales are coming from. There are so many amazing features that I haven't even got to grips with. I'm excited to dive into them

What do you dislike?

When it comes to logging in. I get a little overwhelmed. There are so many different areas I can look at and data I can access. For someone who isn't detail orientated I'd like something more simple. And again like many other sites, something that looks nice. It's the artsy side to me that loves things to look nice.

It is so quick and easy for me to sell a product or service and raise an invoice in quick time. It also allows me to keep up to date with cash flow and what's outstanding. I love the fact my accountant has access to it all too.

QuickBooks Online review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"Easy to Use Accounting Tool"

What do you like best?

I think my favorite thing about Quickbooks Online is that it was pretty easy to port my data over from the desktop version. It was easy for me to do on my own and did not require that I call customer support or spend a lot of time on it. I love that I can access my data anywhere from any computer if need be. I love the automation of things like bank transactions and credit card transactions downloading daily as well as the ability to auto process remembered transactions like invoices and reoccurring expenses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could customize invoices more, the customization seems fairly limited. Also, I am unable to connect to one of our bank accounts as that bank uses multi factor authentication, and that is really frustrating as most of our transactions flow through that particular bank account. Also, it is not entirely infrequent that the application craps out and gives the 'Our shoes have come untied message' which means it will not show things on the dashboard, as well as report windows will not always load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used other accounting software in order to compare, but, I did come from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, and Quickbooks Online is MUCH better than the desktop version. It provides a lot more flexibility than the desktop version, as well as a lot of features that you cannot get on the desktop application. Quickbooks Online also integrates with a lot of other software which is nice, so there is a likelihood that you can connect to another piece of software that you use for the business pretty seamlessly.

The absolute best feature is just the fact that I can access all of my data from anywhere, any time, and it was great that I could take my company's Quickbooks Desktop software and just easily port it over without a lot of learning new things or big changes in how I operated outside of improvements.

QuickBooks Online review by Mark David G.
Mark David G.

"User Friendly & Great Support"

What do you like best?

I came to QBO from Quickbooks desktop reluctantly, because I had always found the desktop version to be, user-unfriendly, with support that, frankly, wasn't very supportive. However QBO surprised me. Although I was sorry to lose certain features and disappointed that I couldn't save a few dollars a month to downgrade my subscription level, I have found the product itself to be largely intuitive (unlike the desktop version) and the support team to be responsive and eager to solve my problems.

What do you dislike?

Too-frequent price increases and the loss of some features (when converting from the desktop version) that I couldn't justify a much higher monthly fee to retain. The feature that I was most sorry to lose was inventory management. It's available at a higher price tier...but the price is too high to justify it for my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This may not be the application for you, but it's definitely worth checking out.

These days,I do all my own bookkeeping, accounting and taxes. QBO hasn't made the process painless; but it has made it somewhat simpler and easier! And when I do hand my accounting off to someone else, I understand that QBO has built-in tools to make that kind of collaboration fairly easy.

QuickBooks Online review by Susan M.
Susan M.

"QuickBooks Online for Accountants"

What do you like best?

I really like the document sharing feature. Clients can upload bank statements directly to their company file instead of emailing outside the program, and I can send them a message within the program to remind them of docuements needed. I also love that I don't have to send my clients a back up file that they then have to download and view in order to give them access to their own books. Ease of access means that I can provide quality bookkeeping to clients regardless of their geographic location.

What do you dislike?

The feature that most needs improvement is the Reports capability. It needs to be brought up to level with the desktop version. Also, importing data files is more difficult in the online version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While QBO is not the powerhouse that the Desktop version is, it is more than adequate for most small businesses, and provides cloud back up, ease of access and ease of sharing with accounting professionals. The integration of TSheets and other apps makes it very user-friendly and able to handle the things today's small businesses rely upon -- mobility, instant access to data, etc.

QuickBooks Online has allowed me to expand my geographic client base, as well as made it easier for clients and I to access real-time information from any location without having to first share back up data files (relying on shared back ups can lead to a less than current view of the financial status being used for decision making). Additionally, the new features of document sharing and communication with clients from within the company file as well as being able to process 1099s from within the file have been stellar.

QuickBooks Online review by Jessica F.
Jessica F.

"A good fit for many but not all"

What do you like best?

Convenience to access from any device, automatic backups, user-friendly, good features with active development so it keeps getting better. The accountant tools have greatly improved making it easier for me to serve my clients. Overall this a good and user-friendly tool for many small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Price increases over the recent years has made it less attractive to very small businesses which are the bulk of my clients. The product is under constant development but still lacks some features from the desktop version. The quality of customer support is hit or miss. After being spoiled by how easy it was to setup recurring automated client payments on Wave Accounting, I find QuickBooks process to be a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully compare the different versions to make sure that you choose the right one. While this works well for many businesses, it's not a perfect fit for everybody.

I use it to virtually perform the bookkeeping for a variety of small businesses. My clients like being able to access their data from anywhere that they have internet and send invoices while on the go and it's easy for clients to pay their invoices. I use it for full bookkeeping, cost allocation, bank reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, reports and more.

QuickBooks Online review by Marissa K.
Marissa K.

"Easy to keep all bills, credits and money in one place"

What do you like best?

New versions are quite easy to use. Some features are straight forward

What do you dislike?

Some keyboard shortcuts take time to learn. Also, while doing credit and bill input, it does not default back to bill input, you can get carried away and realize you inputted 10 credits when they were in fact bills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once key functions are learned, it's easy to keep all bills and credits in once place. There is also an ease to check the bank account amount to match with what QuickBooks has for a balance. Quick access to funds and also gives the ability to manage when writing people checks without a bill. everything has accountability to ensure that funds are kept in track and in place.

They make it easy to keep track of bills and credits from merchandise and pharmaceutical items which paper and online credits are needed to get a final total for the total due every month.

QuickBooks Online review by Heather P.
Heather P.

"QuickBooks Pro for even your least Tech Savvy business owner!"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Pro is used to keep track of all financial transactions from the checkbook to bills and invoices. By using QuickBooks Pro we were able to streamline our bill paying process and keep more accurate records. By allowing us to invoice directly through QuickBooks we keep better records of our accounts receivable. Even our least technical user has no problem navigating in QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

depending on the financial institution used connecting to automatically download transaction is tricky

Renaming rules in the online version is not user-friendly and defaults on its own lumping most transactions together (IE: everything that comes in as a check # becomes renamed to the last vendor a check was written to & recorded)

Desktop version is much more user friendly in general than the online version

Recommendations to others considering the product

The online platform is not as user-friendly as the desktop version. weigh your options before converting to online.

By entering our bills as they arrive we get reminders when payment dates are coming due as well as making it easy to track where the money is going

Invoicing has made tracking money owed to us easy and cut down on having to call people looking for money owee to us.

Quickbooks built-in templates for invoicing & quotes we have been able to have a more professional look to present to customers

QuickBooks Online review by Alexa C.
Alexa C.

"Quick books online"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love using quick books online. Everything is so smooth, invoices are easy to send and write. The customers get to view their invoice and any updates made at any time without them having to be sent again.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike. I just wish there was a way to personalize the estimate and invoice template like quick books enterprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, be careful when reconciling though, sometimes it can get a little confusing. Perhaps it is because I am not an accountant, but when there are checks that show up on the bank transfer without name, I try to describe it so that there is not confusion but it adds it again. So then the account does not stay on zero because the transaction is duplicated.

With quick book online, we send customer invoices and estimates. We are also able to track our expenses. We can keep track on what vendors and customers owe us, and we can see how far a long a project is at any given moment.

QuickBooks Online review by Keisha H.
Keisha H.

"Could be more customizable"

What do you like best?

I run a lot of reports, so being able to do so at any given point of the month is valuable.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel as though there are enough granular customizations available for the information I need to report on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find some YouTube videos to help understand how this product works. It's best to start as you mean to go, so getting it properly set up from the beginning is tantamount to being successful. There's nothing like having to delete financial data and re-enter it from the beginning because something wasn't input properly from the beginning. If possible, I would also recommend a low-level accounting course as well. Mostly to understand what the basic terms are, so you'll know what these mean in terms of your business, and will allow you to speak knowledgeably with others when you are talking about your finances.

Multiple people needed to access it at once. The desktop version limits you to one person at a time, whereas the online version allows multiple users. I like the reports feature a lot. At any given time of the month, I need access to the different types of financial reports. Being able to run them at will is a significant timesaver. With the desktop version I had to rely on someone else to run those reports. With this online version I can do them myself. I can also save my favorite reports with the parameters preset, so I don't have to set that up each time.

QuickBooks Online review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"Every start-up needs this"

What do you like best?

I am always a big fan of QuickBooks Online's dashboard, clean and straightforward, which shows all details of invoices, expense, bank account, sales, profit and loss. It's very easy to use, for start-ups which need most basic functions. It offers many functions at a very low cost, even free until you need to add more clients and upgrade the functions. ProAdvisor which offers training which amazed our accountant.

What do you dislike?

It gets overwhelming once the company grows, especially in the accounting section, one can be easily confused by all the terms. Sometimes even our accountant got confused and it took her a while to sort out all the details. When the company grows, adding clients can also cost a lot, unless the client is self-employed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the cost low. For the amount of monthly payment, it can be a burden to most start-ups.

We used QuickBooks Online to track profit and loss, and monitor bank account and expense. We also begin to use online and app to monitor our projects, which is wonderful that our accountant can also help to participate in monitoring projects and get a better picture of the current projects and progress.

QuickBooks Online review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Great for on the go and remote use"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of how easy it is to create the company profile. QBO is truly designed for all levels of user. When implementing I had an old company file for use on a desktop that needed to be converted to Online. With the help of the customer service we were able to recover all of our old data into the new system, making all of our board members happy.

What do you dislike?

I am not always a fan of the layout and how much of a difference there is between this and the desktop version. I have often used both for different clients and going back and forth can take extra time. There is a desktop option for the online but many times I find it too cumbersome to use often. As an admin I have to use features only available online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One piece of advice would be to go through as much training as possible. Not because the software is difficult but because there are so many extra features that are part of the online and knowing how to use them can make life much easier.

One of the best features is the ability to send invoices and track what is coming in and out of the system as well as the note taking options. With a large volume of sales it is amazingly easy to go to the invoice or bill in question and see what details may have been added previously.

QuickBooks Online review by Tammy A.
Tammy A.

"Quickbooks Online Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of access is the best part of using the online version of QuickBooks. Since Quickbooks Online is a web-based service, I am able to access the website from any computer at any time. I do not necessarily need to be in the office on my work computer to access this program, which is beneficial since I do occasionally work remotely.

What do you dislike?

Since this program is web-based the user must have some sort of internet access to utilize the website. In the rare instance that the internet service is down, the user cannot access the website. There are some server issues with QuickBooks Online - many times I have had to wait for extended periods to receive invoices via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Online gives the user basic access to accounting needs. Since we are a small business, the capabilities of the online version work well for us. However, I would suggest that larger companies with say, 200+ customers, consider using the software version of QuickBooks in order to have access to more robust features.

Our business is able to successfully track our accounts payable and accounts receivables with QuickBooks Online. The reconciliation reports allow us to forecast payments and revenue for certain times of the year. Our AP/AR department has been able to communicate more effectively since all of our accounting information is available on our QuickBooks account, which decreases the need to wait for answers from other employees and/or departments.

QuickBooks Online review by Alexander B.
Alexander B.

"Only Good For Solo or Very Small Companies with Minimal Business Requirements"

What do you like best?

The product is fairly easy to use and online access is a plus. I enjoy the peace of mind knowing that everything is backed up in real time, at no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

The Online version of QuickBooks is missing a lot of "business" features that I didn't realized we relied on so much with the Desktop version. I am unable to set price levels for different customers nor add multiple contacts at a company. This has led us to look into a CRM add-on product which turned out to be expensive and unreliable when it came to syncing (experience with Method, Insightly, Agile, Accelo, and ConvergeHub). "Notes" are one big text box, not individual date stamped entries like in the desktop version or a CRM. I am unable to select a preferred vendor for Items that are purchased. Sales Orders (or Work Orders) are not part of the software. I've worked around this by using "Accepted Estimates" as Sales Orders but it is not a true Sales Order.

In addition, QuickBooks Online seems to know better than me (or wants to force best practices) on my business. I tried renaming the "Sales" and "Cost of Goods Sold" accounts... and it replaced them with NEW accounts with the same name. I now have two Sales accounts. I also tried deleting the one that QuickBooks automatically added...and it reappears the next time you sign in. QuickBooks Online also seems to "hide" things in different areas, which makes it seem like there are not problems with your books. I only came to realize this when we exported our QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks Desktop, and a lot of numbers surfaced that were not showing online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, please, please think about the marketing that is going into your eyes and ears. QuickBooks is a for profit business and I have no problem paying money for good software. They will do what is best for their business which is push QuickBooks Online since it is monthly, recurring revenue. Take the time to read reviews here and hover over the "Review Source" for each reviewer (located under their name/picture). The majority of 5 star reviews were "offered a nominal gift card as thank you for completing this review". However the majority of 1-2 star reviews are "Organic". Something to think about...

My perception was that most accountants warned against using QuickBooks Online for anything but a solopreneur. However Intuit is finding clever ways to change that by offering priority support to ProAdvisors who specialize in the Online version of QuickBooks and offering DEEP discounts on QuickBooks Online (as of this writing, an accountant can get 5 QuickBooks Online subscriptions for $5/month each)

I'm not criticizing Intuit or their business model (as I said we are all in it to make a profit), I just want others to consider all of the factors, not jump off a bridge because everyone else is, and make the best decision for his/her own business. My hope is this review can help another person from making the same mistake we did.

Online accounting and sales management. Sending online invoices and getting paid electronically.

QuickBooks Online review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Quickbooks online review "

What do you like best?

I currently use the QBSE online tool and it is GREAT. It keeps track of all of my business. I simply hook up my accounts from my banks, Credit cards, Paypal, etc. And set up a few other basic account details and I was good to go!

From there, Quickbooks tracks my transactions in my business and sorts each one into a specific category. The ones it cannot sort, it will ask what category it belongs to and you can easily adjust it.

It even allows you to pay taxes through the platform and keeps records of all necessary forms from P&L's and various other forms

What do you dislike?

I think I dislike the lack of there being a Cost of goods sold category for the Quickbooks self employed part. I wish they would add that as it would help my business better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It is very user friendly and doesn't require a lot of technical ability to get started.

I am solving my bookkeeping problems. This makes keep track of transaction and tracking business profits and taxes a HECK of a lot easier!!

QuickBooks Online review by Ed H.
Ed H.

"QuickBooks Online is easy to use and very convenient."

What do you like best?

Accessing our accounting software on multiple devices, always synced, always backed up. With PC, Mac, and IOS apps we never have to wait to enter a transaction or send an invoice. Automatic downloading of transactions from our bank saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

Very little. There are few functions that are available only on the web app that aren't available on the mobile apps, but they aren't primary functions for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it works great for mobile user or companies with multiple users.

We are able to create and send an invoice to a customer immediately instead of having to wait to get to an office computer to do it. It allows most customers to have a total amount due and pay us right away, often as soon as we send them the invoice.

QuickBooks Online review by James A.
James A.

"The best Accountancy software for your business or company"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks runned by Intuit have designed a perfect software platform that uses all manner of features to make your accountancy work better and smoother. I find the menu interface and features like allowing you to connect your back accounts and also set invoices really easy to use. I also love the layout and the simple way to get the job done. This platform has a great view of your overall performance as a dashboard that shows you on one screen what all your income and outgoings are based on sales and profit. If you are looking for a low cost solution for your business then I would recommend Quickbooks for your company. I also like the bak feeds that can be setup and also the HMRC recognised features that allow you to connect to HMRC to upload your transactions and forms that are normally required. It also allows you to let your accountant see what you have achieved.

What do you dislike?

I find this software difficult to fault the only thing is that it does not support multiple companies. I find quickbooks a little more difficult than other mores imple platforms as you will need to have a basic understanding of accountancy practices. Never the less this platform does thw job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is probably the most recognised and reliable and cost effective solution for your business.

I needed a booking keeping platform to help me do my own company accounts.

QuickBooks Online review by Rafa L.
Rafa L.

"Quickbooks online gave us a boost!"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can login anywhere, any time, to follow up on our accounting and request payment from clients.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it's not as easy for clients outside the United States to make payment online. It seems clients can only make payment online if they have a U.S. credit card, so our clients overseas need to resort to an alternate payment method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does expedite payment, because clients find it convenient to click the invoice sent by email to make payment online.

We can send invoices to clients and have them pay us online, which expedites the entire process. Also, we don't need to be in the office to create and submit invoices and request payment, because we only need to login and do it all on through the web-based platform. We used to have a Windows virtual machine to use the old Quickbooks software, so the web-based version has also helped us ditch Windows altogether and stick to Ubuntu Linux at the office and on our business laptops, so we can keep the business going while on the road.

QuickBooks Online review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Excellent for all of your accounting and tax needs, works better than most programs"

What do you like best?

I love the overall simplicity and the design. It makes it extremely easy to create new clients and see what your current clients owe or if they have paid in full or not. This is easily the best software to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of actually, I've had nothing but great things to say about this software and will continue using it for a long time

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly urge many people to use this accounting software due to how easy it is to use. I've been using it almost daily for the past 2 years and will continue doing so.

We are solving all of our tax needs using this software to create records of who has paid and who hasn't. It makes my life so much easier and I'm able to see all the information I need in one place which is highly accessible.

QuickBooks Online review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"QuickBooks Works for Us"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks online is a good tool for a startup company. The price is very reasonable and I am appreciate the lack of a long term contract. It is easy for our accountant to reconcile all of our accounts. As a novice, it is easy to look up expenses, invoices, and payments. Running the reports is pretty easy, even for someone with zero accounting experience like myself.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out how to set up automatic invoicing is extremely tricky. Also, I wish there were an option for a time clock for hourly employees without having to give the access to the system. I would have assumed that the function would have been easy to build and a great selling point. We had to subscribe to additional service to add this function for our employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having a professional account or tax administrator help with the set up. Make sure you know how you are going to track hours for employees if you pay them hourly as Quick Books system is incomplete in regards to this function.

We use Quick Books for all of our accounting. It has made it extremely easy to keep our Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statements organized as we continue our funding round. We were able to generate the reports needed for our investor. They were easy to create and easy to understand. It also allows our accountant to update everything as required by the IRS.

QuickBooks Online review by Natalie A.
Natalie A.

"Simple for newbies, easy to use and set up"

What do you like best?

I like that I can port in data from all of my checking and credit card accounts, both personal and business related, all into the same system easily!

What do you dislike?

There was a glitch getting one of my accounts imported, but it was eventually resolved by contacting customer support. I wish I could create more specific/customized categories for my expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for a small business owner that doesn't have large scale accounting to do like myself...quick to learn and easy to use and set up overall. Have a friend refer you so you both can get a discount for the first year!

I spend WAY less time categorizing my expenses and income for my business, I love having everything in one place and that the mobile app can track my mileage and take pictures of my receipts...I have time to focus on work instead of tedious accounting issues!

QuickBooks Online review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"The good and the bad"

What do you like best?

I really like the realtime download of transactions from my bank. The downloads are automatically coded to accounts fairly accurately and this is a big time saver. I have many of my clients linked to my company and it is a big time saver.

What do you dislike?

I have one issue that has really created problems. It is in the credit card processing module. When i charge a card in that module there is a dropdown of some of my clients who also can process credit cards through quickbooks online. If i dont think of looking at the dropdown box to select my company - it processes the transaction under my client. Hence - when i accidently do this, the charge goes to their account along with that companies information on my clients statement. Then to fix - i have to reverse transaction which reflects on both of my clients. Basically - it looks very unprofessional and a client could think i am doing something unscrupulous with their bank account.

It has made it alot easier to work on accounting for my clients saving me time and headaches.

QuickBooks Online review by Celine M.
Celine M.

"Easy to Use Software that gets by"

What do you like best?

For the price, I think QBO is definitely a steal. As someone that has worked in the public accounting environment. I feel like the online version is my least favorite. Despite their push to move everything to online, I feel like the features and how speed at which it runs is far from their desktop versions.

However, I must say that if you are a basic business with minimal accounting. QBO might be the easiest solution with the ability to access your data anywhere and run basic accounting.

What do you dislike?

How slow it is and the inability to customize certain aspects such as your PO's design or run a report with shipping address information as a column.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you definitely find which type and version of quickbooks suits your needs before jumping into QBO.

Our general accounting. QBO allows us to be on the web and to have multiple users.

QuickBooks Online review by Elyse I.
Elyse I.

"Ease of bookkeeping for the accounting-iliterate "

What do you like best?

I am a free-lance designer and I truly hate bookkeeping, but Quickbooks basically takes care of it for me. I have my bank accounts linked, so I can easily track expenses and view profit and loss reports. I love the online invoicing, so I can get paid faster and give my clients the option by paying by credit card.

What do you dislike?

The only feature that I wish they would implement is sometimes by online invoices don't get through to the client, so it would be great to be notified when my invoice email has been viewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks integrates with many other programs, so I would take advantage of the integrates to keep your business operates simple.

A big plus for me is that Quickbooks integrates with the time-tracking software, T Sheets. Since I fully operate on billable hours, it has cut my invoicing time down significantly by being able to import my time worked from T Sheets. Quickbooks allows me to assign a rate per service type, so I don't have to make any edits to my hours after importing.

QuickBooks Online review by Jess E.
Jess E.

"Almost there"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to access the service/software from anywhere and any device. I can pull it up on my phone, iPad, MacBook Pro, or the web! I also love the integration with our CRM (17hats). It automatically pulls invoices into the system, so I don't have to manually enter them.

What do you dislike?

The job costing leaves a lot to be desired. The Windows desktop version, Quickbooks Pro, is phenomenal for this. I can go into a job in the desktop version and see all expenses, bills, and invoices as well as add them. The lack of this is a big shortcoming of Quickbooks online.

The integration with my CRM is the main reason we're using QBO. The amount of time it saves while keeping our books up to date is well worth the money and frustrations.

QuickBooks Online review by Ranae H.
Ranae H.

"The future of bookkeeping, whether you like it or not!"

What do you like best?

For Bookkeepers:

- Easily switch between clients, no need to log out and then log in to your client's file. Particularly helpful if the client is on the phone and you don't want to keep saying "Sorry, it's a little slow this morning"

- More App options, including Quickbooks Labs which lets you explore some of their beta features.

- View from any device, phone (although I've never tried before), laptops, desktop.

- Share the file with your client easier, nice for clients who want to be in the file frequently.

For business owners:

- User-friendly, doesn't use accounting terms.

- Create invoices and receive payments on the go.

- The Bank feeds makes entering data easier.

Other things I like:

- I think the invoices are nicer online and easier to format.

- All online features just tend to work better in QBO than in Desktop

What do you dislike?

Relies on the internet.

Reports do not have very many formatting options, such as "limit to one page wide".

Reports sometimes come out... odd? when printed. Letters are bolder than they should be or smudged looking.

Reports are not as customizable, it's difficult to find a transaction detail report or transaction summary report that you can customize and the customization tool is definitely lacking.

The search feature makes assumptions about what area I'm trying to search in (Memo, Amount, Line Description) when it should really just start by searching all transactions.

Should not be used for clients with inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't convert to QBO if you have inventory.

Remember, QBO payroll costs extra money, but you can still run their payroll in QB Desktop and then enter adjustments into QBO.

Quickbooks Online has allowed for better and faster collaboration with coworkers and clients.

QuickBooks Online review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"Almost not worth my money if invoices go to customers' spam inboxes..."

What do you like best?

I like that they are constantly trying to make it better and user-friendly. Generally I can find what I am looking for and they are always adding new useful features.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to find what I'm looking for or do what I need to do. Today I wanted to add a payment button to my website but that proved to be a difficult, overwhelming task that required a technology developer.

I wanted to add that since the emailed invoices come from a Quickbooks email address, a lot of my clients' invoices go to Spam. I called (not to mention I had to wait 20 minutes to speak with someone) and they told me there is no way to make it come from my email address and they offered no suggestions when I asked. I have over 100 clients and I can't ask them all to check their spam boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, it's a good software. They are constantly changing it to make it better, and generally are easy to get help from. I'd definitely recommend it for small business. I've heard the downloadable software is better than the online subscription, but I haven't tried it yet. If you use the invoice feature a lot though, you might look into other software that won't send your invoices to spam.

I am keeping track of all my clients' balances on their accounts, easily calculating totals for all the services we offer, and I'm able to print very nice-looking checks for my contractors each month. I've just started playing around with the accounting part and hope to use it to keep track of business expenses for tax purposes.

QuickBooks Online review by Cate R.
Cate R.

"The Best Money Management for Small Business"

What do you like best?

The integrated invoicing offers the option for bank - bank transfer, which means no processing fees, and it's wicked fast.

What do you dislike?

The reconciliation page is clunky and difficult to use, I thought. I had trouble learning how to use it and wasn't able to get help through their FAQ, which was also difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of all of the Quicken products, this is the best place to start!

QuickBooks Online makes it easy for me to monitor outstanding invoices, which is the feature that other accounting programs don't do well or don't do at all. It also has the best reports - P&L Statements and Balance Sheet - of any program I've used. For my small business, it's the perfect fit because it has all of the features I need without having so many features I'm overwhelmed.

QuickBooks Online review by Jessica A.
Jessica A.

"Very easy and efficient to use"

What do you like best?

I like the payroll feature it makes my life so much easier, everything is integrated so it doesn't take long and is calculated for you. Definitely worth the money.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to open multiple tabs in one window, I also would like to see the taxes options better integrated and updated as it reminds you about setting up taxes that are already done. It would be nice to have a tab for bills that are due that day so you know you need to pay them without searching specifically each supplier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend quickbooks for all your accounting needs!

I am solving my payroll problems, invoicing problems. I am able to easily keep track of accounts receivables. I can also quickly pay bills that are due.

QuickBooks Online review by Julianne S.
Julianne S.

"Does the work for you!"

What do you like best?

I use QuickBooks self employed for my business. I really love the multiple features, such as automatic mileage tracking, business expense tracking and quarterly tax estimates.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that you can't really customize the invoices too much. You can add your own business logo and contact information but that's about it. I also wish that there was an inventory section in the version that I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. There is usually always a special price for a trial period. You can try different versions as well to see what meets your business needs. They have a variety of options depending on your business needs, so be sure to read what is included with each version.

It makes it really easy for me to separate business from personal expenses. I also really love the ease of using the invoicing. I can email the invoice directly to my clients or print it if needed. I can have my client's pay by bank transfer or credit card which means quicker payments and less time spent following up with client's whe haven't paid.

QuickBooks Online review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Run your business accounts from anywhere"

What do you like best?

Being able to raise an invoice within minutes from my mobile anywhere in the world keeps our business ticking over without delay

What do you dislike?

My only bugbear is not being able to process BACs payments from within Quickbooks which directly connect with our business bank account. The system can currently connect and download the latest transactions so the security protocols are in place - at least to an extent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a road-test before migrating - it might be more lightweight than Sage for example in some areas than you're used to. Check out the 3rd party app integrations - being a popular software solution other platforms allow Quickbooks to talk to it which can make your workflow even more efficient, e.g. Mailchimp, Zapier, Insightly etc. As I mentioned elsewhere, the bank feed for direct payments is not available yet but it's worth checking if you can at least get a live transaction feed for your bank. This makes reconciliation and VAT returns a doddle!

I needed an online accounting solution which was user-friendly, but still powerful and gave me the ability to managing my business finances from work, home or by the pool. It has delivered on every front.

QuickBooks Online review by Sanjit M.
Sanjit M.

"Great All-in-one SMB accounting software."

What do you like best?

The colorful interface :) You can do everything from this one platform and it is web-based; I can use any computer. You can manage cash flow from your bank account, credit cards, and more. This allows you to see a balance sheet of the business from one dashboard. Fantastic reporting and easy to pull.

What do you dislike?

The rates on the merchant account. I wish it was integrated within the dashboard w/o logging into another merchant account. Making this seamless would save time for most SMB owners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what you need managed, payrool, expenses, paying vendors, miles, etc.

A easy way to manage accounting for a business from any devices, laptop, desktop, mobile phone. I use to use QB desktop, but was limited to using just that one machine, this is much bettr now!

QuickBooks Online review by Tim J.
Tim J.

"My CPA Loves It"

What do you like best?

It's online, integrates with my bank account, and my CPA can log in to audit.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were was more customization options with the reporting features. I wish there was a better way to handle commissions for sales team. The standalone app never seems to function as well as the browser version. I wish it were the opposite. Also, from time to time there are issues where product prices on invoices will be altered upon saving. This has caused some confusion with customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QBO is a great way to manage the finances of your business. It's formatted in a way that financial professionals will have an easy time auditing your books (to ensure greater accuracy).

Bookkeeping, Reporting on company and product performance, invoicing, payroll, collections

QuickBooks Online review by Jenny G.
Jenny G.

"Excellent bookkeeping tool"

What do you like best?

Being able to track all my expenses and income, ease of use and learning curve. Support online for questions.

What do you dislike?

High monthly fee for small business, no mileage tracking tool for vehicle expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool if you are looking to do your own bookkeeping as a small business owner. I deal with a lot of receipts and transactions and this puts everything in one spot for easy visualization and report generation. It is also good to get a picture of how you’re doing and where you are spending money/generating income for decision making. It saves time at year end and makes tax filing easier.

Filing tax return at year end without hiring bookkeeper or accountant for simple returns.

QuickBooks Online review by Howard M.
Howard M.

"Bookkeeper's Nightmare and Owner's Dream"

What do you like best?

Back in the beginning, QB was deemed an "Accountant's Nightmare and a Bookkeeper's Dream". After 28 years of working with QB and as a bookkeeper and an accountant and an owner, I feel I can speak from all sides. QBO is a wonderful tool for owners who are constantly on the move. Everything is linked, you can get up to the minute information about the status of your financial information and so much more. However, without getting into details, a bookkeeper's job is data entry. Depending on the level of the bookkeeper determines the type of work of course. Regardless of the tasks, I have only seen tasks that would take 15 minutes on a desktop version can take 2 to 3 times as long with the online version and this is if there are no issues with online connectivity. Intuit clearly needs to develop a hybrid system where a bookkeeper can work locally on a PC without any worries of technical issues with a link that hooks to the online version for the owner to see what is going on. I have seen so much waste over the years and honestly do not understand this new generation where waste is an acceptable cost of doing business.

What do you dislike?

Bank feed is ridiculous for a bookkeeper. A bookkeeper should have already entered everything before it hits the bank. What I see happening all the time is the owner Adding or Transferring instead of simply ignoring this feed causing the bookkeeper to have to correct the errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Added expense to your accounting budget. What should be capable of being done by one or two takes three or four and sometimes more people to accomplish tasks.

One infuriating problem is losing very long journal entries by getting timed out long before the time out feature is reached. This also brings up another issue: A bookkeeper should not have to be timed out as he/she is to work for not only 8 hours but many times they need to work on spreadsheets or other documents and come back to QBO to complete the work. If they should have 10 tabs open as this is a "Multitasking" world, even refreshing a screen after you resign in, does not bring them back to what they were doing. They have to redo all the work again to get back to where they were.;

A technical issue I have found for this premature kicking out is something to do with Cache. Every now and then you need to empty the entire contents of the browsing history in Chrome. I do not know if this is only a Chrome issue or if it is seen among other OSs or browsers but I have heard of similar issues by several people.

I have submitted many help requests but always get the typical responses of - "Delete the cache". This does not help anyone while working on a 1 hour journal entry.

QuickBooks Online review by Kim M.
Kim M.

"Great software & amazing customer service!"

What do you like best?

The fact that, even though I'm not an accountant and have no bookkeeping experience, I was able to get set up with this so that I can use it at craft shows to book parties, take payments for customers, keep track of inventory. Basically, I have a virtual office in an app on my phone through QB! Also, with the 30 day free trial, I'm able to use it and get everything completely set up before having to pay for the website.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to set up for the first time, but customer service walked me through everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be afraid to utilize customer support to ask questions and to help with set up!! They are amazing!

Taking payments at craft shows is so much easier now. I can keep track of what I have on hand for supplies and products to sell without having to wait until I get back home to check on everything.

QuickBooks Online review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"QBO took away the best search ever"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for non-accountants. Anyone can learn to do basic function in QBO in a very short period of time. Product is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Designed accounting processes round their amazing search - real time filtering of the ENTIER database. Anything could be searched by typing in the main search window. Search included all fields, including attachments without having to know what fields to search. This was the most amazing search and was THE best feature in QBO. We used for over a year, but when it no longer worked, QB support did not even know it existed. After escalation, found one person who admitted it did exist, but they had know idea why it was taken away. There was mention of clusters, which use different versions of QBO. We were on a cluster that had that search functionality. No one can tell us why it was taken away. This was the best feature. Why would they not roll out to other clusters, rather than take it way?

Recommendations to others considering the product

be wary of changes to software - features can go away.

Also, sometimes changes cause down time until resolved - inadequate testing by Intuit before rollout.

access from anywhere was a big plus.

QuickBooks Online review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"A solid choice for any small business"

What do you like best?

The features that mean the most to me are 1) recording billable time, which can be done by single event or by weekly time sheet, 2) the ability to record expenses against a customer and make them billable with flexible markup options (this one is surprisingly hard to find among other similar accounting solutions for small business, 3) the ability to sync all my accounts (bank, credit card, paypal), 4) invoice reminders and batch sending, and 5) the merchant account that is available through quickbooks has outstanding integration with the invoices, and makes it much easier to keep track of credit card payments, and related fees.

What do you dislike?

Biggest thing that Quickbooks Online is missing (in my opinion) is Projects. I would love to track billable time, invoices and expenses at the project level. Over time, I do lots of projects for the same customers. Quickbooks Online doesn't directly support project level tracking, but their recommended hack for this is to use sub-customers for the projects. While it would be nice to have real project level support, their workaround is sufficient and that's how I'm using it.

Another feature that could stand some improvement is that Invoice reminders cannot be set to send automatically (a featured I loved in both FreeAgent and Freshbooks). All reminders have to be sent manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While you technically can use another merchant provider for credit card transactions, I strongly recommend you try the one that is specifically for Quickbooks - the one from Intuit. The extra integration their merchant account has with the software really makes it so much easier. Fees are right in line with the competition too.

QBO is a great, well-rounded solution for tracking time, expenses, invoicing and collecting payments. I've used other similar products in the past, but for some reason, my customers pay their invoices online more often, and quicker too since I've started using Quickbooks Online. Also, I have had a few compliments from customers who've said they like my invoicing system and appreciate the improvement from what I was using before (FreeAgent).

QuickBooks Online review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"QuickBooks and Sales"

What do you like best?

In my workplace we collect a lot of payments and being able to track not only the finances but also our inventory is crucial. I like how you can just search up a customer and create a sales receipt in no time. The memo box also allows me to add a ticket number to keep track of every specific ticket and also scan my receipts and upload them attached to the online receipt!

What do you dislike?

I always use the “payment by customer” file and it would be helpful if it was always automatically there so I didn’t have to type it in everytime. Aside from that, the site works wonderfully and definitely make the day to day operations run much more smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks is the best and fastest way to put all your payments in one place and manage your budgeting.

QuickBooks puts all of the businesses receipts in one place and allows us to know where the money is going and make sure that we keep track of every payment collected.

QuickBooks Online review by Donna M.
Donna M.

"Easy to use accounting and inventory management system"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has made balance my businesses books a quick and easy task. I love that it integrates with my bank account and credit cards so that uploading of expenses is quick. This also helps to insure accuracy in my accounting. The built in Mac app has made this super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that the app on my Mac does sometimes have a tendency to crash if I leave it open when I am done using it. It will also for some reason reopen windows in the background when I launch the app.

Quickbooks has helped me to insure that I am keeping accurate records of my expenses for my businesses. Having inventory management built in has saved me a ton of time tracking when items need to be reordered. Now, when an item is included in an invoice, it is automatically deducted from inventory and I can, at a glance, see what items I need to reorder.

QuickBooks Online review by Marc E.
Marc E.

"Easy access; not always user friendly"

What do you like best?

QB Online makes it easy to access from any internet connected PC as well as sharing access to your bookkeeper and CPA. The ability to download back and credit card transactions makes it easier to stay caught up on your bookkeeping.

What do you dislike?

QB can be a bit tricky to use and understand. The online help isn't always clear. I haven't used the help desk so cannot comment on that. It takes too many "clicks" to navigate to the screens you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this is one of the better accounting tools available for the small business owner.

I use QB for my customer invoicing, AR and AP. I also rely on the reports. QB does provide good reports and these reports can be customized to most of my needs.

QuickBooks Online review by Vittoria C.
Vittoria C.

"Great Accounting Software for Many Customers/Vendors for Multi-user Business"

What do you like best?

All the features in QuickBooks is easy to learn and use then on a daily basis. Generating sales orders to invoices allows me to stay organized and transition quickly. I can add customers and vendors in a click and edit when I have all the information or when I get contacts as they come. The templates are 100% customize-able. Entering bills is easy, writing checks is easy, recording deposits is easy. I can attach as many files as I want. I can look up transaction histories in an instant. And I have all the things I go between in the side bar. QuickBooks is the best!

What do you dislike?

The few times I have had to manage payroll were tricky, and I'm sure that is just because I am not use to knowing what I need to compete those tasks. Also, if I could change details of items in my item list in multiuser mode that would be helpful. If there was a transparent way to see what users enter what, especially when it comes to entering bills, that could answer some insight.

No real problem solving on my end. However, the benefits of daily tasking are endless.

QuickBooks Online review by Sebastian A.
Sebastian A.

"Used for all of our billing"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks is very easy to use. I really like to keep track of the different aspects of all transactions throughout the year. You can link to your bank account you use for your business and choose whether the transaction is a personal transaction or a commercial transaction.

What do you dislike?

In some cases, financial information can be changed without saving corresponding documentation.

Another potential problem with the way customers use software is that QuickBooks does not have a fixed asset area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you're new to accounting software, you'll likely see that QuickBooks is easy to learn. I was very new to accounting in general when I first used, QuickBooks, but after following the many helpful articles and instructions, I was able to quickly get a hang of it. I'd recommend you read through all the available documentation before jumping in. Even if you did just jump in though, you should be fine.

I mainly use it for sales invoices and coordinating with the bank balances and financial reports of our small digital marketing company. I also use a QuickBooks third-party app to submit income taxes, which is done very smoothly through QuickBooks.

QuickBooks Online review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Good balance of features for a non-accountant managing a small business"

What do you like best?

Clear user interface. Doesn't overwhelm with features I don't use or understand. Integrates with other applications we use. Online format makes it easy to collaborate. Recent updates over the past year have made it much more stable. Good support tools.

What do you dislike?

Certain workflows are not intuitive - info/help buttons would help for the layperson to explain what accountants take for granted. Can't batch delete certain things like timesheet entries. Had to resort to a third party for time keeping and invoicing since the on board functions didn't seam to support a mixture of fixed fee and hourly billing on the same project. The payroll features were not economical so we have a third third party handling that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very safe tool for startups to implement quickly. It doesn't take an accounting degree to set it up and start using it right away to manage your bank accounts, credit cards, and expenses. As you learn more about how to manage your business, you'll want to use more of its tools, and you'll find those tools are waiting for you - but not getting in the way before you need them. Make sure your accountant is familiar with it so they can get inside and clean up your messes as you learn.

We were a startup business needing something simple to use that could scale with us. Primarily we use it for our general business operations but we also do a small amount of direct purchasing for our clients. We are able to manage both within the same dashboard but keep the dollars separated.

QuickBooks Online review by Frank Gilbert P.
Frank Gilbert P.

"digitizing accounting"

What do you like best?

From the application I can say that what I find most attractive is the scanning of receipts since you can have your accounting records in a safe way and the most dynamic is that you can open them from your phone, tablet or PC, another opportunity that at this moment is to take advantage for the quer we have a company, is the substantial reduction in the prices they have on the page, a useful tool that can save you time to register new changes in your accounting records, I recommend 100%, very accurate and practice this software.

What do you dislike?

what I do not like about the application is that it states that you can try a free version and it does not open, so it limits the buyer to know if he decides or not to buy that application, nor does he explain how much capacity in gb is each plan (including the free one)

Speed ​​control of facrturas, take control of sales, of accounts receivable in a simple and practical way

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"QuickBooks Online is Still the Standard of Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

I like QuickBooks online because it is still as simple to use as the traditional software application - this makes it easier to access your account by having it available online. Able to have multiple users and not have to worry about if they have the software downloaded onto their computer. Still the same great product as the legacy software. Easy to navigate. Dashboard feature if wonderful, able to adjust to make it your own and track all the KPI that are important to your company.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much I don't like the about QuickBooks Online. They have all the same features of the desktop application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. Still the standard software for all small business accounting needs.

Running the accounting for multiple business using QuickBooks Online. Great user options as well because you're able to give access to your Accountants so they can pull reports and make journal entries.

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Quickbooks Online Review"

What do you like best?

I love being able to access Quickbooks online from anywhere instead of being tied to a desktop, like we were previously.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely dislike how slow it is. There are times that it takes forever for it to load properly. At least once a day I get an error that I need to sign out in order for it to "fix" a problem. In addition, I have to wait til PST hours in order to speak to someone on the phone regarding payroll problems unless I want to go through the chat window and sometimes that is just too difficult to type out. In relation to that, I hate that there are certain things that I have to call them for because I can't add the specific information to payroll on my own. It's a setting on their end. Lastly, for 2 years now, I've been requesting a feature to handle overtime pay and it has yet to be taken care of (you can't specify the overtime rate).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something that you can access remotely, then Quickbooks online is the way to go. However, keep in mind that start up takes some time and not everything imports in a timely fashion. There are also some small quirks about this product that you have to get used to.

We handle payroll and all of our accounting needs through QB's online. The benefit that is most important to us is being able to access it remotely.

QuickBooks Online review by Lindsay D.
Lindsay D.

"It's got everything you need...until you might need more"

What do you like best?

I can't compare it to the desktop version as I haven't used it in many years, but I like the linking directly to our bank account so all transactions are current and I can update it as frequently as I'd like.

What do you dislike?

It does time out and it does kick you out after periods of inactivity. Since I refer to it often throughout the day I have to keep logging in. It can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It covers all your basic accounting, invoicing and payroll needs. Our accountant would like us to switch to Quickbooks Enterprise bc of additional features.

I needed easy to use full service accounting software that wasn't a million dollars. Payroll, invoicing, bill pay are all simplified with Quickbooks.

QuickBooks Online review by Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.

"Cheap and all inclusive."

What do you like best?

Its very cheap from as low as $15 monthly if you are lucky and get an offer the prices fall to as $4.50, its all inclusive because it allows you to do all your accounting task from invoicing to tax management all with one account, its comaptible with all devices pc both mac and windows and even mobile phones which makes it easy to access your transaction data from any device anytime anywhere through the web portal. Its very safe to use and very easy to learn, they give you a trial to learn and make a choice.

What do you dislike?

Its limited to small and middle-sized businesses not exceeding 25 users even with the Plus plan, this means when your business grows beyond 25 users you have to move to a new platform which is sometimes embarrassing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks Online is a great way to go paperless as you grow your small business. Its a good choice very affordable.

Track record keeping, invoicing and access to business even when not at work.

QuickBooks Online review by Lance R.
Lance R.

"Simple & Robust Accounting System"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and mobile access to my account. I also like that I can easily sync our cafe sales information directly with Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

The merchant fees for credit card processing through Quickbooks invoicing are high for those who process under $7500 a month. Therefore, I have to use another system for my invoicing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use for small business owners! Mobile and desktop access. Cloud based. Secure. Allows for many 3rd party integrations. Excellent reports.

I can access my financial information anytime from anywhere due to everything being stored in the cloud. Because of this I can sync/integrate my information with my cloud based point of sale. I can also track my sales and expenses and see everything at a glance with the reports feature.

QuickBooks Online review by Gabby K.
Gabby K.

"Easy Way to Manage Finances"

What do you like best?

The ease of use to navigate and do just about anything. Once you know what you're doing, it's very simple to create or enter an invoice, upload and code your bank transactions, look up payment history, reconcile, etc. It's also a really easy way to have multiple people work on a businesses accounting needs simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

There have been times when it's been tricky to link a credit card and keep it synced. Especially when it's corporate and you need some difficult to obtain information and approvals. Sometimes, the credit cards somehow get un-synced as well and you have to go through the process again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how it would work for larger teams, but for a team of 4-5 managing the accounting for many projects and overhead accounting, this product was very efficient and easy to use. Would probably be great for personal finances too if you have a lot to keep track of.

It's not so much solving a business problem as taking care of our accounting needs. The benefits are that it has been an efficient way to track and manage finances for a small company with a small finance team.

QuickBooks Online review by Clint A.
Clint A.

"Convenient, Easy for Collaboration, and a Perfect Solution for Small Organizations"

What do you like best?

We are able to access our data online from anywhere, which allows our organization to have great access and flexibility to know exactly where we are at any given time. We are a non-profit that is dependent on volunteers to make our organization successful, and the ability for a volunteer to access the system from anywhere makes it perfect for us or any group that needs flexibility.

What do you dislike?

In as much as it allows us to do everything we need, it is sometimes cumbersome to use and sometimes limited in comparison to Intuit's desktop solutions. Intuit is continually improving this, but there is still a long way to go. Flexibility for reports and ease of use is important for those who are not financial experts or CPAs.

The greatest thing is knowing that we have support for all of our accounting needs, and we love using the accounting software and payroll service. Our volunteers are typically not experts and QuickBooks helps us every step of the way.

QuickBooks Online review by Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.

"Quickbooks helps me keep my finances straight so that I have less scrambling to do at tax time!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this software makes accounting and financing easy for people who are not very comfortable with those aspects of business. This is scary and intimidating because business financing can be pretty overwhelming if you are working on your own and are figuring things out as you go along.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the data entry and the time it takes to learn this software. I wish there was more point and click for us who are not finance and tax experts (and are not interested in it either).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks is easy to use and definitely the gold standard in accounting software.

I run a small business and it helps me with all my financial needs. I can set a budget, I can do billing, I can organize my income and outcome, I can send reports and get help with my taxes. It makes my life easier because it makes my finances paperless which is what I prefer.

QuickBooks Online review by Susan F.
Susan F.

"Saves me hours of time and mistakes"

What do you like best?

The ease in collaborating with my bookkeeper. It saves me time and redunancy - and from undoing what she has done.

What do you dislike?

Reports aren't super easy to set up with filters. Sometimes I just want to know what I billed for a specific date range - not time, but invoices. Takes more to set up, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check on fees, payment turnaround and collaborative needs before deciding. Also, remember that if you run payments through PayPal and Quickbooks - 1099's are done differently. You won't receive, you won't send depending how you pay people. If you use quickpay services through your bank, like Chase, 1099s still need to be issued based on what you have paid them. Be sure not to count things in two places. I botched that up for my bookkeeper. She was not happy.

RECEIVABLES! I was leaving a lot of small invoices on the table that added up. This way, I can view it quickly and shoot out a friendly reminder statement. Collections are a thing of the past - all clients stay current this way. Reminder: be sure to personalize your emails, templates, etc. don't miss the BRANDING opportunity!

QuickBooks Online review by Consultant in Libraries
Consultant in Libraries

"QuickBooks Online for Teaching Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

I like that once you add the prices of your products/services your can automatically generate invoices and if you link your banking transactions you can easily reconcile accounts. They go a long way to do a majority of the work for you and also offer lots of free webinars for learning to use the program.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how some things data entry fields are not efficient, like the description when creating products or services does not autofill, or when creating clients and you de-select "print on check as", it doesn't automatically clear for you. These are the examples I can think of at the moment but there are other similar instances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking full advantage of their webinar offerings in order to be sure you are utilizing all of the aspects of the program in the most efficient way possible.

I am using QuickBooks Online to teach bookkeeping to small business owners and/or adult professionals looking for jobs or looking to advance in their careers. I have realized that this is very easy to use even for someone who doesn't have an in depth knowledge of accounting and since they can invite their accountant to use, they can be sure they are following GAAP and other guidelines.

QuickBooks Online review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Great, on-the-go account product"

What do you like best?

The ease of access of this product makes it easy to work remotely for my job and it also allows me to freelance remotely for other businesses that use this online option.

What do you dislike?

I use a Mac, I frequently get messages while using Safari that the webpage has crashed and needs to be reloaded. This error only happens with QBO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish there was a single sign-on option that allowed use among multiple companies. So far I have not been able to find this feature. Also some of the reports if run for multiple years (i.e. a lot of data), run very slowly or take a long time to load. It would be great if that could be improved.

QBO serves as our main accounting software. It is a universal software so that when we are seeking to hire a number of our applicants have previous experience with the software.

QuickBooks Online review by Tony C.
Tony C.

"A lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I can access my information from just about anywhere, including on my phone via the app. When importing transactions from my bank, I can set up "rules" that give me the opportunity to have the transactions automatically categorized. This means much less work for me, and more time to do other mundane tasks. I used to waste a ton of time doing bookwork, and QBO literally changed my life for the better. I spend 30 minutes a week now, instead of 6-7 hours.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes delays in moving from module to module, and initially you will get a lot of emails that are trying to get you to add-on services you don't need. After that initial period, though, things go pretty smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QBO will convert your QB desktop data for free. Just takes a few hours, and the conversion is guaranteed. If you're a small business, then $10 a month is very affordable. They have other plans that include more features and functions, and payroll is an inexpensive add-on.

We had lost up to three years of data due to both a hardware and personnel error. QBO helped us recover from that by giving us a better way to not just implement new data, but a safer way to store that data. If there are questions about any of my financial information, I have it with me wherever I go.

QuickBooks Online review by Andrea H.
Andrea H.

"Quickbooks online is a FANTASTIC accounting program!"

What do you like best?

I love that Quickbooks online is cloud based. It is so much cheaper than buying the newest version of quickbooks all the time. The customer service is outstanding! There were many things I have had to call about and they are always available to answer my questions and fix any problems I'm experiencing. It's amazing!

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing that I dislike is that you have to upgrade your subscription to get a few premium options. I wish they were all included and that there weren't steps for the subscription program. However, this does make it more affordable for a lot of people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks Online is a relatively inexpensive way to start doing your books the right way with simplicity. It is an amazing program and has a very quick onboarding process for all of those who choose to use it!

I don't have to be in the office or be working from a certain computer to access Quickbooks with this version. It makes working from home at any time so much more attainable. I love being able to access the financial records from anywhere and be able to fix problems for people without having to go to the office every single time an issue arises.

QuickBooks Online review by Cindy Lee M.
Cindy Lee M.

"Quick like it's name!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn then quick & easy to use! It was so easy to set up in our office and then again when we had to move. Their customer support/IT support is amazing very easy to get hold of no long wait times and then when you do get through very friendly, helpful and knowledgable these people know their job! When I hired on help it was very easy to train them on it too!It's great for processing all the reports for my auditor as I'm only the bookkeeper & office manager so then he uses them for auditing purposes. I prepare all the government remittances though & it makes my job so much easier sometimes at just the click of a button to make the report, print it out, submit it then cut the cheque & send that by direct deposit to the appropriate institution.

What do you dislike?

Nothing like it just the way it is thanks!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than Simply!

Payroll, accounts receivable & payable. It's great for processing all the reports for my auditor as I'm only the bookkeeper & office manager so then he uses them for auditing purposes. I prepare all the government remittances though & it makes my job so much easier sometimes at just the click of a button to make the report, print it out, submit it then cut the cheque & send that by direct deposit to the appropriate institution.

QuickBooks Online review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Easy to use and interpret"

What do you like best?

I am not a numbers guy, so it is very helpful to have all the data placed on one customizable dashboard. I do enjoy the layout and being able to run the reports that I need make it a lot easier

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if this is an error with my payment software, but sometimes the values posted in quickbooks does not correlate with the data in the actual bank accounts, and payment software.

In fact, I noticed a difference of 1000 between revenue from my payment software (zen planner) and quickbooks. so not sure where that error is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Link it up with your accountant

It helps provide a detailed snapshot of the financials of the business. This helps out with making decisions when it comes to purchases, and hiring of staff

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Worth every penny"

What do you like best?

Most robust software, and most intuitive for both daily users and CPAs. Integrations with credit card accounts are enormous timesavers; recurring transaction feature is as well. The gold standard for SaaS accounting programs.

What do you dislike?

Not super intuitive for intermittent users, for example executives/managers who only occasionally look at financials and/or who aren't fluent in accounting speak. Lots of product upsells and ads, which feels lame since it is a paid service (if it were free I'd totally understand).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's what you ultimately will need for any business that is expected to grow. However, if you're brand new to the product, it would be worthwhile to invest in some training to really understand how it works. Learning Quickbooks = learning bookkeeping...and I mean that in the best way.

Managing our company's financials on a day to day basis without limiting access to one computer with one software license. It makes accounting easy enough that I don't need to hire a separate bookkeeper.

QuickBooks Online review by Kristin Q.
Kristin Q.

"QBO makes budgeting and planning easy!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. QBO allows us to track our income and expenses and report on everything! We can budget everything we need. It's also great for retail. It tracks inventory and even notifies us when stock gets low so we can reorder and have everything we need for our customers.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't integrate with our school's software, so we end up entering some things twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick Books Online is super easy to use. It's reporting is fantastic and running payroll is a cinch! Also great for tracking inventory if you sell retail. Highly recommend this for all small businesses!

Let's us plan our budget, report on all aspects of our business, and tracks inventory!

QuickBooks Online review by Moses W.
Moses W.

"QuickBooks Online is great for small scale businesses it does magic in increasing sales."

What do you like best?

Integrates easily with available accounting systems and software, makes invoicing so easy as well as billing, cloud storage makes data secure and accessible from anywhere at anytime making multi-management very easy. Ensures you get reports on daily, weekly or monthly transactions right at your hand. Its a great feature to track expenses and determine profit. They also offer great discounts for new users at times.

What do you dislike?

Without discounts it is moderately expensive especially for small-scale businesses, requires some training to make optimum use of all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Online is good way to go for your accounting tasks especially for a growing small business where you are starting to get overwhelming number of clients and don't want to lose them. This will work for you I saw it work for my former boss.

Transaction data loss, tracking of expenses to reduce employee from unauthorized expenses.

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Better than traditional desktop version"

What do you like best?

It's online, really nice interface, can access anywhere including apps made for mobile devices. Can take a picture of receipt on my phone. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of the retention policy. Specially the payroll. If you unsubscribe, after a short period all your data will be permanently deleted. That period should be extended to 5 years instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, sign up for the payroll all inclusive part where they handle all state and federal tax paperwork. Makes the end of the year insanely easy and is definitely worth the price.

I do all my payroll on here. Its really easy. Unlike other services I have used, I can run payroll as often as I'd like without getting charged additional fees. Also, I have the option of having Quickbooks handle all tax payments for a really good price (~100$/month) which is rather very reasonable.

QuickBooks Online review by Allison H.
Allison H.

"Great for small businesses and entrepreneurs!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use! You just link your bank accounts and categorize the transactions. You can even scan in your receipts so you don't have to keep a huge pile of them on your desk.

What do you dislike?

I wish the manual mileage tracking was a little easier. It asks for a starting and ending address but you still have to manually add the miles. I would suggest linking to Google maps for ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not run a small business without it. Truly a lifesaver.

Keeping track of my taxes is so much easier now. I have always done it manually and this is a game changer.

QuickBooks Online review by Jenessa M.
Jenessa M.

"Great Product and Tool For Accounting Department in a Small Business"

What do you like best?

We switched to QuickBooks Online from a personal template and we will never go back. QuickBooks Online products and features (like the sales tax inclusion and the editable templates) make the purchase alone worth it. The company also does a great job being available to answer any questions via phone call and email help

What do you dislike?

Naturally the costs and fees associated with any software are not well-liked, but this one is worth its salt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't say the product feels natural or easy to use right away. It takes sometime watching the videos and reading the pamphlets before I felt comfortable using it well. I was lucky to have support from an advanced user and additional time to allow myself to get acquainted with the product. I would recommend others try to find a user to provide a tutorial or demo before committing to using it as the main form of accounting and/or payroll.

Our accounting department doesn't need additional support for creating the AR reports or preparing materials for mailing out. We have been able to move our department members around to assist in other areas of the office, making the role more cost effective for us in the long run. We also use the payment tracker and flags to stay on top of outstanding accounts or unreliable payers.

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"QuickBooks Online...Office Assistant"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks helps us to keep expenses organized and we can attach supporting documentation right to the transaction. Account reconciliation keeps our accounts in check and we always know where the money is...and where it goes. We haven't signed up for the bill pay feature, but we do print checks and that feature saves a lot of time when it comes to paying bills because we can select the bills we want to pay and print all of the checks at the same time.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks is always working to improve their system. I think some of the things I disliked at first were primarily me getting used to the system. If I could think of one thing, perhaps more information on using some of the reports. If you're not an accountant, which is probably most users, the reporting features can seem overwhelming. I would probably use more of those features if I understood them. Most of what I learned has been trial and error, calling support and finally signing up for a QuickBooks course. But, it is hard to take the time for the classes when I have so many other things to do, so perhaps a more intuitive approach for non-accountant novices?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was deterred by QuickBooks at first because of the cost, but since using QuickBooks I can see the value in the cost. The customer support is top notch and I can't count the number of times that they were on the phone with me for hours (that is not a typo) helping me to figure out my problem, or walk me through a new learning curve. I would strongly suggest taking the time to learn the basics of the system before you jump into set up and pay attention to how you set up your chart of accounts...details are important and trying to go back and add them in later can be done, but it is much easier to get ahead of it. Utilize customer support and the training options that are provided online...YouTube is also a great tool. And if you have time time, invest in the class!

Solved problems and benefits are pretty much one in the same. We have better organization. We have a better handle on our accounts, bills are being paid on time (which saves us money) and it makes the end of year tax prep so much easier and definitely less stressful!

QuickBooks Online review by User in Computer Software

"Quickbooks works like you need it to"

What do you like best?

Good user interface, easy to run reports, make invoices, complete reconciliations, etc. Like that there is an audit log that allows you to see which users made changes where. Makes it easy to trace what may have gone wrong during a reconciliation.

What do you dislike?

It's designed for non-accountants, so as an accountant sometimes the way things work seem illogical. Some of the features of bank reconciliations, for example, seem counter-intuitive. Also, searching for past journal entries and seeing them laid out is not very user friendly. If you do a lot of journal entries, this could be annoying. Also, a very annoying bug popping up lately is duplicate transactions importing from our synced bank account. Finding these can be a nightmare.

It's our main accounting software, so we keep track of all sales and expenses in Quickbooks. We do monthly reconciliations and have it linked to our bank accounts so it can be the central source of accurate financial information. It saves us time and is worth the $50/month.

QuickBooks Online review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great On The Go Bookkeeping"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks online makes it easy to track my transactions from anywhere. Plus they automatically receive my banking and credit card transactions which make it easy to double check and reconcile my accounts. It is great to be able to handle my business from the office or from my couch at home. There are so many great tools that are offered to help run your business. It is easy to learn and very user friendly. They are constantly updating the site and making it easier to use each time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often my bank accounts have issues connecting and syncing with the online service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks Online is a great tool for bookkeeping. My company uses it strictly for tracking and reporting expenses, but there is so much more available to you. It helps with invoicing, inventory control, and payroll too. Quickbooks can also be linked to all of your business banking accounts which makes it easy to track transactions and reconcile accounts. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a simple way to track the financials of their business. It is easy to learn and simple to use.

Being able to link to my accounts and access this information from anywhere makes it easy for me to do my job wherever I am. I am also able to ensure all transactions are accounted for because of the link to my bank account. This saves me time from chasing missing check stubs and receipts while reconciling my bank accounts each month.

QuickBooks Online review by Juan G.
Juan G.

"Same old same old"

What do you like best?

As many of you, I have heard the name many many times before, but never had the pleasure of working with this software, and boy does it make its job. You can clearly see that they have been in the game for a long time and it is just easy to use and has many features that you never thought you needed but you do.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the price point, I understand the name weights a little bit and even the experience and time they been on the market but come on. I feel like they could improve their interface, I just felt like the software has been around for so long that it hasn't reinvented itself if that makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it, there are some similar options, but clearly the one that you may have occasionally heard of is the better option, It is recommended that you have at least some knowledge of accounting and how taxes work, if not then you'll probably feel dissatisfied.

It is so easy to keep a small business in order and hopefully far from bankruptcy, just by organizing everything in one place and my accountant is forever grateful I decided to implement this into my business. I feel like I need my accountant less and less and maybe I should consider giving him a pay cut. I love not having that much paperwork everywhere and having a backup in my computer as well as the cloud