Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

QuickBooks Online

3.9
(1,726 reviews)

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place

Work for QuickBooks Online?

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Showing 1,784 QuickBooks Online reviews
QuickBooks Online review by Agency
Agency
View Original

"Absolutely LOVE quickbooks for my accounting and invoicing needs"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
View Original

"Almost not worth my money if invoices go to customers' spam inboxes..."

What Accounting solution do you use?

QuickBooks Online review by Jody E. S.
Jody E. S.

"All the features I need for my self-employed bookkeeping "

What do you like best?

I like that I can take photos of receipts and they're right there in the same file with category, description, date. It's pretty easy!

What do you dislike?

I have excluded transactions because of new app bank verifications, having to cancel and re-issue payments, etc., and they still show in my transaction list just like a new transaction in bold text. I would like the option to take them completely out of my list but it seems like that's not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a little heavy if you're like me and don't need mileage tracking, etc, but it still has everything else that I find helpful as a small business owner. Their client support is very helpful - I initiated a chat with a rep when I couldn't figure out how to change my logo on invoices, and they were very helpful and solved the issue in under 5 minutes! Looking forward to finding out how well they do with taxes - that's a first for this new business owner!

I can screenshot emails and use as a receipt upload, and QB automatically pulls transactions from my linked business bank account! Both very helpful features so I don't miss anything.

QuickBooks Online review by Asif K.
Asif K.

"Cheap and All encompassing"

What do you like best?

It has additional features but for the most part is all inclusive, no need to pay extra. The design is simple and easy to understand when finding a reciept or looking to match an expense. Quickbooks allows you to communicate with other members of the team wihtout having to print out sheets in Excel. In Fact the fact that you can document transactions and easily search and modify them makes it a great system. The best part is that it connects directly to the bank the company uses therefore making it superior in terms of bank reconciliation required by the tax CPA firm we employ. The fact that it works with different systems means that we can accept payment and use bank applications, work with our accountant, as well as see how much the vendors we employ pay us, al on one screen. The simplicity helps explain things to senior management and keep meeting short but accurate.

What do you dislike?

The Payroll Upgrade costs as much as it would to hire my own CPA to do accounting. Quickbooks allows freedom but should have had a built in Payroll feature or at least maintain competitive pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use the program and it's cost is worth it

Business Tax Reporting. Aside from bookkeeping, thanks to QuickBooks I am able to find and match specific transactions and therefore see how much money the company spends and see this in relation to other months or by quarter.

QuickBooks Online review by Dayana Yusimg P.
Dayana Yusimg P.

"Exceptional design and performance, the best software"

What do you like best?

It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is very easy to take my reports to my accountant every year and have her do my taxes. I have a small company with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has allowed me to make my own books all these years.

What do you dislike?

Honestly for some reason, the update can be very doubtful and I will go to do my payroll and suddenly I can not do it. Of course, this only happens when there is a time crisis and I need to quickly get some paychecks.

I recommend this software. I'm a systems professional, a web developer, but I was an APC secretary, and I attended a Word Processing course, then I became a paralegal and I continued my computer education at the university here, then I did business with my husband , so I'm pretty familiar with QB.

QuickBooks Online review by Mandy M.
Mandy M.

"Great Product for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to enter in new transactions or find old transactions from any screen. They've also simplified the reconciliation process each month. The site is intuitive and user-friendly and has many charts/graphs that help to tell the whole story. The reports are able to be customized to fit your individual company needs. Another benefit is that you can add your accountant as a user so as to keep everything electronic!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is a bit cumbersome and it is difficult to figure out how to take a credit card payment if you don't take them all that often. I've also found that linking to our bank account created more problems than it was worth. We needed to update our info so often and then link the transactions in the program to those that came through from the bank. It didn't make sense for us in the end so we manually enter transactions instead.

We've been able to reconcile our bank accounts at a much faster rate than before as well as get the reports needed to our accountant in a timely manner.

QuickBooks Online review by Annemarie M.
Annemarie M.

"Quickbooks Online is a powerful option in an accessible package."

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online has recently improved their offerings to match up more closely with the desktop edition. Now with inventory management in addition to payroll, taxes, and more basic accounting functionality like invoicing, sales receipts, expense reporting, etc., it's hard to imagine a use case for a small business that QuickBooks Online couldn't handle. At a $60 price point and accessible by logging in anywhere, it's also incredibly accessible and convenient.

What do you dislike?

At times QuickBooks Online can be slow to load, and some of the features are a bit clunky. There are quick links for invoices, but to get to estimates you have to move through several steps; the sales tax tracking and reporting system also leaves something to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something more in-depth than Freshbooks or Xero can provide, but want to stay online, give QB online a try!

I use QuickBooks for every accounting task in my small business. The click-through to pay invoices is great, I find the inventory tracking to be invaluable, as well as more standard functions. I like the ability to make a sales receipt as opposed to an invoice for certain purchase categories.

QuickBooks Online review by Ashton R.
Ashton R.

"Easy to use for small business"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is simple to use if you can understand simple accounting concepts. Makes keeping track of money easy. Easy to use from multiple locations because its cloud based and your accountant can access it at anytime because of that.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to change the graphs on the dashboards to graphs that might be more useful. Also it would be useful to have a instant explanation of what reports are fully and how they are useful. the colors are hard to look at daily and would be nice if I could change the color scheme. Can't have a split screen that would be nice to have and useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for new people to book keeping. Easy to use and I like that I can upload my POs and view from anywhere with the cloud. Give it a try and also use they direct pay feature it makes paying ppl easy. lots of add on products that dont cost to much that can be useful for small business aswell. highly recommend super easy to use

It helps me see the health of the business and how much money we actually have in the account at all times. Its nice to see what has cleared already and find mistakes. When you reconcile the accounts it goes much faster with little to no mistakes because it pulls your bank account info daily to match up what you entered.

QuickBooks Online review by Shannon M.  P.
Shannon M. P.

"Quickbooks + A Bookkeeper to Educate You = Balanced Books!"

What do you like best?

That I can grant access to my bookkeeper to go in and work on my books. After linking my bank accounts to the software, including lines of credit and credit cards she can easily match up expenses and income, making it simple to track cash flow. I also love how simply integrates with infusion soft, so i can send invoices for either platform and they all get accounted for in the quick books software.

What do you dislike?

My struggle with quick books was in getting it set-up... maybe there are videos i never saw, but I did have to hire a bookkeeper to set it up for me and show me how to track and match expenses. Invoices I figured out on my own though. Accounting / Bookkeeping was never something I learned at school, so its been a learning curve to get comfortable with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out what support they have now for setting it up (I hope there is more than when I originally joined). Keep in mind that it will likely be worth hiring a bookkeeper for a few hours to do the initial set-up and walking you through the software. That investment up front will save you down the road.

Knowing where the money goes!! Knowing is the half the battle, and with this software I can easily track invoices and expenses so i know where my cash flow is exactly - also will make it simple at tax time :)

QuickBooks Online review by james c.
james c.

"Finance work simplified by quickbooks online"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online is accessible and available anywhere.The best part of QuickBooks Online is that it is available anywhere that you have internet access.Last month I processed payments and employees payroll while out on annual leave in order to hit a required submission date and this QuickBooks online makes that easy.Quickbooks online has very Strong Security-quickbooks Intuit has a comprehensive set of security policies and procedures in place to protect company's data.

What do you dislike?

Using quickbooks over the years ,I have noted that regular updates change the product making it difficult to re-learn and re-teach procedures.since it completely changes.Quickbooks online is very expensive since each company file requires a separate subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks online is Compatible for mobile phone hence making it possible to access from anywhere at any time.Quickbooks online automatically backup data hence no data feed will ever lost.Its also has automated email reports & customer billing hence enabling good relations with customers by reminding me to bill my customers on time

Accessibility anywhere at anytime.quickbooks online allows anytime/anywhere access with Internet.these has helped so much since work continues even if am not in the office causing high productivity.I can access quickbooks anywhere so long as I have internet.Last month I processed payments and employees payroll while out on annual leave in order to hit a required submission date

QuickBooks Online review by Lorraine R.
Lorraine R.

"Why I love Quickbooks Online"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online is intuitive and quick out of the gate. Once I went through the trial period, we decided to purchase an annual subscription to glean the full platform of the software. We're glad that we took the plunge. Keeping track of expenses, invoices and banking information in one platform has been bookkeeping a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks Online helps in various ways with solving typical business administrative tasks. There isn't much to dislike about Quickbooks online, as it is intuitive and quick out of the gate. Once I went through the trial period, we decided to purchase an annual subscription to glean the full platform of the software. We're glad that we took the plunge. Keeping track of expenses, invoices and banking information in one platform has been bookkeeping a breeze.

QuickBooks Online review by Leihla W.
Leihla W.

"QuickBooks"

What do you like best?

I like having a resource to access all of my clients' financial records.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks feels a bit messy to me; I'm not financially savvy, and as someone who is required to use this program for work, I often feel lost. Many of the (admittedly good) features that QuickBooks has seem to be hidden and inaccessible unless I know exactly how to do something.

The way the statements and invoices print are often confusing; I wish they were a bit more comprehensive so my clients knew more details about what they were paying for with each invoice, the due date, and where any overdue charges are coming from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are familiar with this program, I'm sure it's a good way to go! If you are new to this aspect of a business, my best advice is to have someone who is familiar show you around a bit!

Staying on top of my clients' bills.

QuickBooks Online review by Arielle K.
Arielle K.

"Best Way to see your Books"

What do you like best?

Being able to combine all cards into the software makes it super easy to see what is going on in a snapshot. We have started utilizing more of the reports and it is making it easier for us to present to investors and to simply see the progress of our renovation properties and the growth of our Vacation Rental business.

What do you dislike?

Chasing down everyone that uses company cards to make sure I classify charges correctly. With multiple people utilizing company cards, sometimes it can get hard to classify things when there are more charges through each day. We actually partnered this with Expensify to eliminate guess on my part and put the responsibility back on the employees making the purchases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this product. You will want to make sure that you sync any bank accounts or corporate cards to your account so you can limit the amount of manual work for entering the charges. You can also set up detailed Chart of Accounts, Class Lists, and many more to track things as granular as you need them.

Being able to see how each project is doing and where money is being spent on each project. I recently found a report that has been extremely helpful. With us paying out trades and contractors, the Check Report has been huge in our ability to see which checks have cleared or not and to pinpoint how much has been paid to each contractor to see our trends on different jobs.

QuickBooks Online review by Gourav M.
Gourav M.

"A good alternative to manual accounting"

What do you like best?

We like the bank integration feature where all our banking transactions are automatically fetched by QBO and we need not add the manual entries as we used to do earlier. Secondly, the clear graphs and pie-charts help us in understanding our business better. Even we can send the due payment reminders.

What do you dislike?

It's quite complex and so many features to understand and utilize. Secondly, there are very less native integrations and Zapier automation is a costly affair. Plus there's no integrated payment gateway as seen in Zoho Books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quite complex but an essential tool to manage your business and accounting.

Intuit QuickBooks Online saving our time, money and efforts in managing our finance and accounting. It's quite easy and simple provide access to our Charted Accountant during the mandatory annual auditing process. We also like the way we can share the invoice with our clients.

QuickBooks Online review by Evelyn K.
Evelyn K.

"QuickBooks Online is the most optimal accounting tool that every business need to have"

What do you like best?

What I like most about QuickBooks Online is the way its deployment is based in the cloud. That way, I was able to implement this tool within a duration of less than one week. Agan, I like QuickBooks Online since it has all the tools that help me to save time and effort while carrying out some vital obligations. Additionally, I like QuickBooks Online since it integrates with almost every tool that we use in our corporation such as Gmail and Dropbox Business. Finally, I like QuickBooks Online because it is easy to setup as it has simple interface and slick design.

What do you dislike?

I only hate the fact that QuickBooks Online is allocated at a higher rate. To make it the best accounting tool, the Vendor need to reduce the total cost on all the pricing tiers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend QuickBooks Online to all small businesses since it has all the tools that suits all their accounting needs.

Creating invoices and sending them to the respective clients via Gmail.

Carrying out accounting tasks such as data entry and repetitive calculations in the cloud.

QuickBooks Online review by Tonya A.
Tonya A.

"Quickbooks Online for Small Business"

What do you like best?

I am able to manage our AR & AP, plus it maintains a customer database that links all services provided to each customer as well as I am able to upload files & photos for each job. Easy push to invoice via email option is also great!

What do you dislike?

The downfall regarding the online software I use, is that I am unable to customize an the software standard forms to convert into a work order. As a small service company I would prefer to keep all forms from start to finish in one place. so being able to customize forms a little more would be a huge benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the ease and use of online accounting is helpful for the on the go small business owner.

Initially used an offline software for accounting purposes. Utilizing the online software, I am able to log in while away from the office and make payments or receive payments details, instead of waiting to get back to the office. The convenience this provided alone was huge.

QuickBooks Online review by Loren C.
Loren C.

"Quickbooks best meets accounting needs."

What do you like best?

In my opinion, the best thing that I like about this program is that its functionalities are really easy to learn by anybody. In order to get familiar with Quickbooks a person should have basic computer skills. Superb software that is suitable to run small businesses effectively. Invoice Customization is one of the great features I like to use. Another key feature that I like about Quickbooks Online is that it can be use from anywhere and anytime by just connecting to the internet. It is an outstanding product for the technical mind persons.

What do you dislike?

I am really satisfied with this software. One thing that I feel is not suitable for the users. That is its being expensive; It would be nice if they reduce the pricing. It will be more helpful for the small size for business. If I take a glimpse technically on the on this tool I will surely say I have not ever encountered any kind of major issue, that I have to write here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say in order to solve accounting issues or problems QuickBoks is the best choice I have made. So must try this advance program.

It is perfect at campaign management. It is a comfortable tool for taking financial statements. I would say through Quickbooks online we can stay in touch with our clients. It has raised productivity considerably.

QuickBooks Online review by Mercy M.
Mercy M.

"QuickBooks Online is the most dynamic accounting software that you ought to have"

What do you like best?

I must disclose that I have used QuickBooks Online for three years + to carry out some vital business obligations like invoicing. What I like most about QuickBooks Online is the way it is accessed in the cloud. For that reason, I am able to accomplish some vital tasks from anywhere there is stable internet connection. Additionally, QuickBooks Online is a user friend;y accounting solution since it has a simple interface and slick design which makes it easy to work with. Last but not least, I like how QuickBooks Online integrates with some useful applications that we use in our organization.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most is the way you cannot use QuickBooks Online when there is poor internet connection. Again, QuickBooks Online get offered at a higher license cost per user. It would be the best accounting solution in the cloud if they would offer it at a favorable cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, with no hesitation, especially to all those that want to accomplish their accounting needs.

With QuickBooks Online I have been able to gain a lot. For instance, I am able to carry out accounting tasks at ease with QuickBooks Online.

QuickBooks Online review by Gordon B.
Gordon B.

"Isn't there a better way? "

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online has been making some improvements over the past couple of years. I like its cloud-based infrastructure that we can share with our accountants.

I like that I can use 3rd party apps to upload records.

What do you dislike?

There is significant latency with the interface, so you have to be very patient while things load.

While the interface is pretty, I can't decide whether it is unnecessarily complicated, or unnecessarily dumbed down... all I know is that using the software adds to my overall levels of stress and frustration.

Sometimes, lists of customers or vendors get hidden, so you can't click from customer to customer or vendor to vendor; rather you need to reload the Customer's home tab... there are lots of places like this where you need to click three places to accomplish something that could easily be done with a single click. Want to views the customer on the invoice you're viewing? Remember their name, then cancel out of the Invoice, then open up the customers tab, and then search for her or him. Preposterous.

I get the sense that Intuit thinks its customers are stupid, so they provide lots of skewomorphic page effects that are completely unnecessary. Open an invoice, and (after 5-15 seconds of loading) it slides in, like a piece of paper, over what you were viewing. I'd rather be able to click intuitively through the system and have the interface open quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make some tea between clicks.

Collaboration with our off-site accountant.

QuickBooks Online review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"QuickBooks Online"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks offers an app version of the software as well as other apps that work with the software to provide benefits that QBO itself cannot provide.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the report feature. I like the desktop version better where you can have different tabs open at the same time. In QBO you have to keep opening the report and customizing it to what you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this for a small business that doesn't need an accounting software for major or traditional things that QuickBooks Desktop offers. However, QBO does offer things such as automatic sales receipts, split transactions, scheduled invoices, and location and class categories that are not offered in the desktop version and are helpful for some types of businesses.

Clients have been able to import their bank feeds and easily reconcile their bank accounts which is very helpful. Clients have also realized that QBO is somewhat simpler to navigate.

QuickBooks Online review by Timothy J.
Timothy J.

"QuickBooks Online "

What do you like best?

I love how easily it integrates with RideShare Applications such as Uber and Lyft. I can automatically turn it on to track my business miles and it lets me know in real-time tax deductions I can expect for the year. It saves so much time and hassle.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how you have to connect a bank account instead of manual entering income into the system to have it calculate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you set up a business account if you are a sole proprietorship so that you can link your bank with QuickBooks. I feel as though I am missing out on some of the features because I do not have an account solely for business purposes.

I am realizing how much time I am able to save by using QuickBooks to track my income and travel miles. It will be very beneficial as tax season rolls around.

QuickBooks Online review by Amy R.
Amy R.

"QuickBooks Online makes business bookkeeping easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes the mobile workplace much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are glitches, sometimes related to the browser being used. When contacting Intuit Support, often the first thing they suggest is to change browsers. It's frustrating that things aren't more stable. But this happens rarely, so it's a small price to pay for the flexibility of working wherever I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and see if QuickBooks Online is a good fit for your business type. Many advanced features are available through the use of apps, and there is a great selection of apps in the QuickBooks Online ecosystem.

I've reduced overhead by not needing a brick and mortar office location to work from. Additionally, QuickBooks Online has made it possible for me to work with clients all over the United States. I have increased productivity by being able to work from anywhere, anytime.

QuickBooks Online review by Lauren L.
Lauren L.

"Accounting made easier"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks online has been great for our company because we can access it anywhere. It's also fairly simple to use and be able to analyze and monitor our financials. Being a small company it's great to be able to do this ourselves, without too much expertise in the area.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while something confusing will come up, but it doesn't usually take too long to figure it out. Linking our different accounts is one area that had an issue, but it seems to be resolved now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having an accountant familiar with Quickbooks has been a big help. Whenever we have a question or concern she's either able to answer it right away or at least has the subject mentality to figure it out.

Quickbooks Online helped us just be able to manage our financials on our own. One of our owners works and lives in California, while the company is based in NY, so being that we just have to log in online to access everything is great.

QuickBooks Online review by Alberto G.
Alberto G.

"Smart Accounting."

What do you like best?

Never before reconciling bank accounts, keeping records of expenses and income and taking the accounting entries had been as easy as until the moment I started using QuickBooks, that's why I love this application, because every day I make the entries in the accounting books, easy and fast way and that allows me to save time and effort, in addition to the month closings are not a torture because, Quickbooks makes the payday is like any other.

What do you dislike?

On the negative side, I can only say that the software despite having different plans that adapt to the requirements of each person or company and have appropriate prices for the service provided, for me, is a bit expensive, because I live in Venezuela and the value of Quickbooks to the exchange rate in Bolívares is high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an accountant I recommend this software, because it is really useful in the accounting of companies of all sizes and economic purposes and I can assure you that it is the most complete software I know in the accounting area.

The main problem in the accounting area that QuickBooks has solved in the companies where I manage the accounting is the PAYMENT AT NOMINE PAYMENT, because since we use this application, employees are paid on time, since Quickbooks allows to execute taxes, append time extra, calculate commissions on service rendered; all that automatically. What benefits the employees, for having their salary on time and my person (the accountant) because the work effort is lower.

QuickBooks Online review by david k.
david k.

"Very good for creating invoices for the customers in the company."

What do you like best?

The reports are very good and efficient and we are able to invoice the dealers directly from the system.

Its easy to use and very reliable since you can access it from anywhere in the world.

They offer a free trial which you can test before buying the tool.

What do you dislike?

It requires internet connection to work so when the internet is down is doesnot work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend companies which would like to move away from excel accounting to implement quickbooks since it solves all the accounting problems and its already customized to meet the needs of the company.

The accoutnting reports are very efficient and deisgned in well organised way.

The clients are able to get their reports on time since the user generates the invoices directly from the system.

Very effective with accounting since we are able to perform all the accounting on it from sales to expenses and taxation all under one tool.

QuickBooks Online review by Lawrence S.
Lawrence S.

"Constant Problems and Then Double the Price"

What do you like best?

The only good thing about Quickbooks Online is that links automatically to your bank, but then again, that feature is not unique. For anyone considering moving from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, consider that the process will not be simple, and once you move your data, Quickbooks may change pricing policies at a moment's notice. The functionality is also more restrictive. It is simply a poorly designed product and the support staff often struggle to understand why it does not work.

What do you dislike?

I recently decided to convert from an old version of Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. The experience was horrible. I have spent probably 20 hours on the phone with their support staff because things simply dont work on their platform. First, the conversion of data would simply not work. It took 4 different support people and hours of attempts to finally have them shut the account and start over from scratch. No reason it would not work, just a glitch. Second, there have been multiple things that just did not work. The connection to Wells Fargo started inputting deposits as expenses, and I had to manually correct them. The state tax deposits would not work electronically, so I once again had to get support to fix it. And then the ultimate insult is that they changed their pricing policy and doubled the previously discounted price after one month. Their pricing policy seems to be bait and switch. I am also acting as an accountant for a second company, and have advised them to not switch to Quickbooks for payroll. I'm pretty sure I will be finding another solution and cancelling this Quickbooks subscription in the next week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful of what appear to be good offers, they often disappear.

I wanted a solution that would quickly and easily pull in data from banks and process payroll and provide basic accounting features, with enough flexibility to allow me to manually adjust entries easily. But there is nothing easy or powerful about Quickbooks Online. It is the perfect combination of glitchy and restrictive.

QuickBooks Online review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"QuickBooks Online is a dynamic accounting software that every small business need to have"

What do you like best?

Firstly, I like everything about QuickBooks Online from design to interface. Due to that, to offer perfect work with this software it is not a must that you get trained first. The fact that QuickBooks Online is a web-based platform, it enables me to carry out accounting tasks from anywhere there is stable internet connection.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks Online lacks functionality for large corporations. I hate it that it does not give room for expansion. Also, to get the most out of this software, you need to make sure that you pay for it. The subscription fee is not fair at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would highly recommend QuickBooks Online since it is accessed through any web-enabled device. That way, it makes it easy to undertake functions within its capability from anywhere there is stable internet connection.

We have been able to create invoices with QuickBooks Online. That way, QuickBooks Online help me to save time and effort while creating invoices since I am able to forward it to the right farmers at just a click. Finally, the payroll system is easy with the help of this software.

QuickBooks Online review by Roy C.
Roy C.

"QuickBooks is an excellent Accounting tool that makes Bookkeeping and Accounting fun and enjoyable"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks incorporates features that are easy to learn and use. There is nothing that gives me peace of mind as knowing that i can track all my income and expenses with ease and accuracy. I like the reporting functionality as well as the fact that i can generate invoices and do my bank reconciliation. Basically QuickBooks does everything as long as I got the right concept and can feed the data. I like the fact that I can easily customize invoices and automatically schedule and send the same. Phone contact is usually readily available making any consultations and inquiries very great.

What do you dislike?

This application provides restriction to the number of accounts one can sync. This makes it really difficult especially when the company has several credit cards in the same bank. Occasionally i have experienced loading speed which am not sure is directly attributed to the software or is on my side. Basically its a nice application and i can't complain much .

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks is an excellent Accounting tool. I would highly recommend it for any business that would want to have an accurate and effective record of their invoicing, expenses and income. It is also has payroll as well as bank reconciliation and report generation. Its easy to set up and with proper learning curve its just a matter of time before you start reaping the benefits.

I use this application for invoicing, payment processing, bookkeeping as well as generation of Financial Statements and Accounting Reports. It has greatly made it easy to track expenses as well as income more efficiently. QuickBooks has also enabled reduce on any unnecessary expenses thus improved profitability.

QuickBooks Online review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"QuickBooks Online is the most advanced tool for carrying out financial tasks "

What do you like best?

First off, I must disclose that I have been using QuickBooks Online for an extended duration to perform several obligations at workstation. I like QuickBooks Online since it has all the tools that help me to save time and energy while creating customer invoices. After creating an invoice it is easy to send it to the respective client with just a click. I like v since it is available as a cloud-based solution. That way, I am in a better situation to carry out several tasks like tracking sales, purchases, and marketing from anywhere as long as there is stable internet connection. For that reason, QuickBooks Online is an integrated program for any financial-related issue. In addition, QuickBooks Online has a slick design and simple interface, that make it easy to work with and get used to after with no training.

What do you dislike?

My only issue lies on pricing. Even though QuickBooks Online is the most advanced platform for all accounting and financial needs, it gets allocated at a higher rate. To make it more useful and competitive, they should amend the three subscription plans to ensure that every business can afford this implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend QuickBooks Online to all those accounting specialists that are looking to save time and energy while undertaking accounting tasks since this software has all the tools for such capabilities.

QuickBooks Online has enabled us to send invoices on time to several dealers. In addition, we have been able to track sales with the help of this significant tool. Finally, we have been incorporating QuickBooks Online to undertake accounting obligations at ease.

QuickBooks Online review by Sam L.
Sam L.

"The best out there but that's not saying a lot."

What do you like best?

I like that QBO can sync with many accounts (such as Square or our bank accounts/credit cards) to automatically import data. I also like that there are many different types of reports that we can run with that data.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit clunky and it's hard to figure out where to click on things. Also, many add-ons cost quite a bit (like direct deposit for payroll). I understand why but the cost is prohibitive for a small business as it all adds up. In addition, support seems to be non-existant. We've emailed them several times and they never respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking a class at your local small business development center but it will still be difficult to use even if you do.

We are running all of our business accounting through it. It allows us to have analytics to be able to track certain metrics. We also use part of the payroll feature.

QuickBooks Online review by Trang N.
Trang N.

"Ideal for small business"

What do you like best?

A lot of useful features like generating reports, especially customized ones, automatically telling you what number got change since the last reconciliation. Moreover, it got updated frequently to adapt all new needed features in the market.

What do you dislike?

Since it got updated frequently, it takes a little time for me to get used to. Another downside of this software is very limited users. Recently, they increase the monthly fees without notification which made me and my team not very happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, highly recommended

I use quickbook online to solve our company budgetting issue. Generating the report with quickbooks is super easy and quick (well, since it's quickbook). So, it helps me to know exactly where I can cut off or I need to put a little more budget in to incease the production. The result is a nice, easy to understand plan that helps my company to boost the service revenue and cut off unseccessary expenses

QuickBooks Online review by Esther C.
Esther C.

"Simple online accessibility, clunky and misleading interface, missing features"

What do you like best?

No-fuss online access for multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Online access for multiple users is easy to set up, but the program is often slow to respond, even over a good internet connection.

Lacks the Advanced Search of all transactions, regardless of type, that makes QB Desktop so much more flexible and easier to use.

QBO also hides advanced options (delete transaction, undo reconciliation, reverse transaction) behind multiple layers of menus. I understand this to be part of an effort to make the product friendlier to non-bookkeepers, but I use the Accountant version, and these functions are still hidden under layers of GUI. I far prefer the capacity that QB Desktop offers to strip the GUI down to a workspace and a full selection of drop-down menus.

Lacks a real inventory system. For that, you will have to use an outside app, and that is going to raise the cost.

It is also near impossible to create your own solution for missing features, as Intuit has obscured the underlying database mark-up language. For instance, if you are a non-profit that need to apply customer and class tags to multiple transaction lines for later reporting, it is far quicker and easier to do that in a spreadsheet and import the transactions. But you can only DIY that in QuickBooks Desktop and with its publicly accessible IIF mark-up language. If you use QBO, good luck finding (and paying for) a third-party app to fill this need.

I also find that the labeling of transactions (e.g., Expenditure is more prominent than Bill) and the prominence with which the bank integration/transaction matching feature is promoted to conceptually favor cash accounting practices, which are not preferred or even legal for most businesses. But they're intuitive to casual users, and the so the interface leads casual users down garden paths that an outside bookkeeper will eventually have to fix before tax (or worse, audit) time. I've earned plenty of money fixing the problems that QBO leads casual users into, but I wish it didn't encourage them into those problems in the first place.

I also find the GUI distracting and obscuring in its own right. So much screen real estate is spent, even in the Ultra Compact display mode, on graphics that are supposed to be user friendly that I can never see as much actual financial information as I would like on one screen.

Also, the bulk-editing functions in the accountant version of QBO are hobbled compared to those in QB Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really must use QBO, do not use it without guidance if you do not have a solid working knowledge of accrual accounting; hire someone who does to do your bookkeeping instead.

If you have bookkeeping needs that are at all complex, I strongly encourage you to consider hosting QB Desktop on an application server instead. If you aren't sure how complex your needs are, consult an experienced bookkeeper before you choose your platform.

Accounting software with no-fuss online access for multiple users.

QuickBooks Online review by Javier D.
Javier D.

"The best accounting tool for your company"

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly one of the things that attracts me is the service in the cloud and that the information is there within the reach of the work team to be able to use it when required, it is one of my favorites because when managing the budgetary accounting of the foundation I it allowed to compile the information without needing to arrive at needing the accounting books after loaded the information in the platform

What do you dislike?

One of the cons of this great platform is undoubtedly the price you have to pay after winning the free version, however if you really need an accounting tool in your company this is the best

It was possible to organize the accounting of each unit and conciliate it with the budgetary part which facilitated a job that would have taken months to do manually

QuickBooks Online review by Logan G.
Logan G.

"QuickBooks: Perfect For Startup Companies"

What do you like best?

I love how seamlessly QuickBooks integrates your bank transactions in an easy to see/navigate dashboard. This product makes accounting easy even for those without any formal training.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight learning curve to using QuickBooks. You need to know some basic invoicing and legal rules (i.e. 1099 forms, W9 forms, etc.). Thankfully, QuickBooks has a plethora of training videos to make learning easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all of the tools before diving straight in! We had to erase all of our data and begin from scratch early on because we didn't take the time to learn the system in advance. You will be much happier if you learn the software before fully implementing it into your business!

QuickBooks has solved all of our accounting problems as a startup company. We use it to send invoices, keep track of expenses, and even pay our quarterly taxes!

QuickBooks Online review by Nathalie M.
Nathalie M.

"Quickbooks Online - User friendly"

What do you like best?

QBO is very user friendly and easy to use for small businesses to prepare financial statements.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the use of the suspense and "ask my accountant" expense accounts. I also don't really like having to use the back arrows to return to the previous input page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend QBO to small businesses. If used effectively and properly, the program provides a satisfactory job of leaving a reliable financial trail for accountants and other third parties to track and view. It's easy to use and access and creates clean and organized statements. As an accountant, I'm always secretly thrilled when my various business clients use QBO.

I'm able to view business clients' financials efficiently as well as review the details behind each transaction and propose adjustments. Financial statements always appear clear and organized as well.

QuickBooks Online review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Very Useful for Identifying your financial problems and figuring out tax"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is an integrated platform for any financial-related problems or advices. As Intuit offers Quickbook service in correlation to its other services, such as from TurboTax, it's really easy to figure out the company's tax estimation or analyzing the financial situation. I use this platform to not only figure out the tax estimate for next year but also check on my financial spendings and other expenses. This platform is great for both personal and business uses as it offers great usage for a wide range of users. I highly recommend this product as it gives you a time period to test out their product before enrolling in pay-model subscription, appreciating for potential customers.

What do you dislike?

The cost can add up quite a bit if you use this for personal use. With company-use, I can use it in the company expense, but I realize the cost of subscription adds up as I continue to use this platform both for personal and business uses. Furthermore, I feel that I sometimes get lost with the immense amount of service options the platform provides once you enroll in service. I feel like I get overwhelmed with too many services and would like to see more organized way of seeing all the service options to take less time thinking which service to browse or use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to purchase the subscription as the service would save a lot of time with figuring out your tax.

I use this product to figure out the tax estimate, track my financial spendings, and organize any other financial-related information. It's an integrated hub for any personal or business's finances.

QuickBooks Online review by John-Paul H.
John-Paul H.

"Promises a lot but glitches badly undermine it"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can integrate and automate a lot.

What do you dislike?

Glitchy. Changes do not always save. Bank integration keeps breaking down. Automatic categorising of transactions is very hit and miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider others - For SMEs there are lots of systems out there, I don't think Quickbooks is the best out there - Xero, etc - lots of others.

Quickbooks would be great if it worked as it looks like it should, but the problem is it's unreliable. Things you do don't save, and it has enough bugs that I really can't trust it as a system, and given that it's our accounts system, that's no small issue. Their support (mainly on chat) has been pretty poor - I've had to contact them 5 or 6 times for 2 separate issues. They haven't known the solution on first contact, and on the first issue (bank account integration) the response was 'we know about it, we're working on it/investigating, it will be fixed', but after 2-3 times recontacting over the same issue I was eventually just given a workaround and the problem still exists. the 2nd issue, I'm still at the 'we know about it, we're investigating, watch this space' stage. Gives the strong impression that they aren't really interested in fixing or can't fix bugs.

Accounting and invoicing

QuickBooks Online review by Juliet R.
Juliet R.

"QuickBooks is great for accounting needs"

What do you like best?

I like the large variety of options for bills, vendors, checks, etc. Quickbooks has shortcuts and makes the process of paying bills / tracking bills easier as opposed to having to physically write them out. Quickbooks also has commands/prompts that double-check your input so that you're less likely to make mistakes.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks usually runs into problems when dealing with multi vs. single-user mode. Sometimes it's more of the O-Drives issue but there have been many instances where multi-users were unable to access Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses accounting software or is considering using accounting software, definitely go for it. Quickbooks offer a great number of options to help ease the process for payroll processing, vendor tracking, bill payments, etc. and provides efficient support for such duties.

We are able to reconcile checks more quickly as well as see what vendors we are working with. We can view the history of our bills and track where our money is going and where it can go. We can also generate paychecks fairly quickly with a template.

QuickBooks Online review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Really fantastic QuickBooks online."

What do you like best?

I have been using it for a long time and I have had an great experience with it. The app version of QuickBooks and other apps which also work with this software all of them are very useful and gives us benefits . It is an great platform for doing work. The business tracking is really awesome.

What do you dislike?

The thing I least like about this software is that although this software fulfills the requirements of all the people and it is of reasonable price but it is expensive for me as here the value of Quickbooks to the exchange rate is comparatively higher in my area.

QuickBooks saves time while working. I believe this is the great benefit of this product. Other things its features make easier to do. It is really an outstanding invention.

QuickBooks Online review by Jess M.
Jess M.

"Extremely useful, does the basics."

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and understand, you don’t need any advanced degree to make it work. I LOVE the mileage tracking with the app, turns what used to be a major chore into a matter of a few swipes.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t have features or options for people with multiples businesses. Right now I need to prepare all of my expenses for my accountant still, because I can’t break them out into what business they’re for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the right version of QBs to suit your needs. Make a list of the features you need before evaluating... and speak to their support, they really are helpful in helping you decide the version that will work best for you.

Makes knowing what to pay for my quarterly estimates a breeze. Make it easy to separate my personal expenses from my business expenses.

QuickBooks Online review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Perfect for small and growing businesses."

What do you like best?

QBO is an affordable solution for small and growing companies. It is easy to use, and nearly all other SaaS providers have integrations with the platform. For a one person or small accounting team, QBO can remain your solution until around the $10 million revenue mark.

What do you dislike?

The functionality isn't the best, but you get what you pay for. Integrations with overseas entities could be better, and eventually, you will outgrow the platform. That transition can be an expensive proposition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried out the payroll model, but for companies with less than 20 employees that don't plan to grow, I can see this being a workable solution. I would say that if do not have someone in-house that is familiar with QBO, you are probably better of finding an outside firm to help you set it up and run it for a few months so you can see how it should work.

QBO is our accounting solution. We use the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Financial reporting purposes.

QuickBooks Online review by Shirley P.
Shirley P.

"QBOA"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online has created manageable workflows to simplify accounting processes. Alert, best user is in services oriented or private company sector.

What do you dislike?

Dislike inventory tracking and payroll functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, not recommend to store, inventory tracking, or even construction based groups. Functionality is still best served for maintaining good ledgers, like a checkbook. Other more operational functions, even for store register like POS system is not happening in online format. Integration with popular Square platform is convoluted still and only adds more bulk to accounting. Back to pluses, QBO is amazing for P&L, balance sheet, reporring tools, tax prep and I would urge for self employed workers to try QuickBooks Self-Employed online platform instead.

Primary data entry upload, software recognizes how to categorize much better than earlier versions pre-2010. Also, obvious cloud computing, remote access, easy to manage users, invoicing, credit card processing, receives all forms of payment, including ACH, Apple Pay. Love SOME integration with apps.

QuickBooks Online review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Convenient, User-Friendly Accounting Software "

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to jump in and learn. As a Pro-Advisor that is a large selling point for a new customer to be able to feel like they can jump in and look at their business financials in an easy to understand and manage view while also being able to limit the functionality in the sense that only their accountants or an accountant log in can perform certain tasks. I love that it is accessible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve for seasoned Quickbooks users to navigate. Once you figure your way around and what version you have and what it can and cannot do it's very easy to get around and set things up the way you want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many cloud based accounting software programs offered today but Quickbooks is my go to at the moment because it is very user-friendly with different entry points for what you want it to do.

I help a client who is able to log on to Quickbooks from different locations without having to worry about configuring a host computer. They just log on and do what they have to do, the layout is easy to understand and their financial position is available at a glance.

QuickBooks Online review by Lee Y.
Lee Y.

"Great for Bookkeepers and Accountants"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online make the collaboration between client and accountant a breeze! No more shuffling accountant copies of files, or trying to access the file remotely through Dropbox. Clients can be taught to use the more basic functions like day-to-day entry of deposits and bills, while bookkeepers and accountants can make their entries and run reports as needed. It's also all online, so there's no worrying about cross-platform users or the limitations of the Quickbooks for Mac. And with the QB ProAdvisor program for accountants, you get a certification badge and lots of discounts on other Intuit products. You can also use wholesale billing to give your clients customized rates for Quickbooks software.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not similar to the desktop version that so many accountants are used to seeing. The workflow is geared towards business owners, not accountants. The chart of accounts is also a little different with QBO, and there are a lot of mandatory accounts that QBO requires. QBO is definitely user friendly for business owners, but not so much for accountants making adjusting entries or changes to the client's books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if just starting out, hire a professional bookkeeper or accountant to help set up your books correctly the first time. Trying to make major changes to your books once information is entered is laborious and time consuming.

The biggest problem that Quickbooks Online solves is not having to send and receive accountant copies of files to make changes. Everything is accessible through the web, and changes to client books are immediate. This has greatly cut back on the non-billable hours of waiting for the client to send you the file, and waiting for them to upload your changes.

QuickBooks Online review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Very good starting platform for start up/home business."

What do you like best?

It is a product that is quick to go from purchase to actively running your finances. Syncing to e-commerce platforms and bank accounts is really quite pain free. It is very low cost.

We've recently evolved the business from its initial form as Rory & The Bean to a much wider scope as Made At TwentyTwo, and to scale some form of software support is absolutely vital. The cost is so negligible that you can adopt it with little risk.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to treat records en-masse. Bulk editing, reporting, any sort of power user features are really lacking. Simple transaction by transaction treatment is best. In fact, I find the mobile version better to use than the desktop version!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more of a business practice piece of advice. PayPal is easy to use, however I would recommend getting your card out any paying using that. When you link both your bank account up (Paypay transactions contain no detail) and Paypal (detail), it begins to look incredibly confusing inside Quickbooks.

Watch out when using something like Chrome. Its tendency to memory leak means that it can become incredibly laggy when trying to go and do large volumes of transactions. We swapped to Safari and everything suddenly became a whole lot better.

Absolutely no accounts management or ability to monitor cash flow very quickly resolved. A hell of a lot better than working on spreadsheet.

QuickBooks Online review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"QBO is a MUST for your small business"

What do you like best?

The ability to track all of your finances in one remote location. Also, being able to run reports extremely fast

What do you dislike?

I do not have a dislike for QBO. It is easy to use, there are in-person classes to learn, and the cost wraps it all up to make it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is extremely helpful with a call line that you can call at any time. They are able to see your screen and point you directly to the solution you need. I have not used anything else but there is no reason to change since most big name software are compatible with QBO.

Instead of individually checking the bank account, the credit cards, the line of credit and the bills, it is all in one quick home page for me to review each and every day.

QuickBooks Online review by Diana H.
Diana H.

"Clunky but improving"

What do you like best?

QB has good reporting capabilities that allows a business to extract information, customize reporting, and keep track of expenses by customer. It looks good and wants to be first class.

What do you dislike?

Intuit tries to lock a business into their own payment processing solution and lacks the flexibility to link to other gateways. However, as a corporation they are also very risk adverse and have shut down payment processing for multiple clients and for my own CPA firm (go figure). As a result I have a very hard time recommending the platform for a serious business, but it's probably fine for a self-employed entrepreneur with low volume or just starting out. Additionally, there is a problem with the dashboard that results in inaccurate reporting of income/expenses for the month. Multiple calls to support revealed that Intuit is working on the issues. Bottom line, the user has to run reports instead of relying on the dashboard for accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuit tries to lock you into their suite of products including overpriced payroll solutions and only one payment gateway. If your business is growing or has significant volume, you should find another accounting solution.

This is a decent entry level bookkeeping solution to get clients organized and start to keep books for their business.

QuickBooks Online review by Steve T.
Steve T.

"I'm an idiot and I can use it"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to go in, add a new customer, get an invoice set up and email it to them. It's very simple to add a new customer using the different fields. It's self explanatory and I consider myself a bit of an idiot with this stuff. I'm great creatively but finance and accounting isn't a string point. I also love how simple it is to set up an invoice template and adding my services via the drop down menu, helps me track where my sales are coming from. There are so many amazing features that I haven't even got to grips with. I'm excited to dive into them

What do you dislike?

When it comes to logging in. I get a little overwhelmed. There are so many different areas I can look at and data I can access. For someone who isn't detail orientated I'd like something more simple. And again like many other sites, something that looks nice. It's the artsy side to me that loves things to look nice.

It is so quick and easy for me to sell a product or service and raise an invoice in quick time. It also allows me to keep up to date with cash flow and what's outstanding. I love the fact my accountant has access to it all too.

QuickBooks Online review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"Easy to Use Accounting Tool"

What do you like best?

I think my favorite thing about Quickbooks Online is that it was pretty easy to port my data over from the desktop version. It was easy for me to do on my own and did not require that I call customer support or spend a lot of time on it. I love that I can access my data anywhere from any computer if need be. I love the automation of things like bank transactions and credit card transactions downloading daily as well as the ability to auto process remembered transactions like invoices and reoccurring expenses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could customize invoices more, the customization seems fairly limited. Also, I am unable to connect to one of our bank accounts as that bank uses multi factor authentication, and that is really frustrating as most of our transactions flow through that particular bank account. Also, it is not entirely infrequent that the application craps out and gives the 'Our shoes have come untied message' which means it will not show things on the dashboard, as well as report windows will not always load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used other accounting software in order to compare, but, I did come from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, and Quickbooks Online is MUCH better than the desktop version. It provides a lot more flexibility than the desktop version, as well as a lot of features that you cannot get on the desktop application. Quickbooks Online also integrates with a lot of other software which is nice, so there is a likelihood that you can connect to another piece of software that you use for the business pretty seamlessly.

The absolute best feature is just the fact that I can access all of my data from anywhere, any time, and it was great that I could take my company's Quickbooks Desktop software and just easily port it over without a lot of learning new things or big changes in how I operated outside of improvements.

QuickBooks Online review by Mark David G.
Mark David G.

"User Friendly & Great Support"

What do you like best?

I came to QBO from Quickbooks desktop reluctantly, because I had always found the desktop version to be, user-unfriendly, with support that, frankly, wasn't very supportive. However QBO surprised me. Although I was sorry to lose certain features and disappointed that I couldn't save a few dollars a month to downgrade my subscription level, I have found the product itself to be largely intuitive (unlike the desktop version) and the support team to be responsive and eager to solve my problems.

What do you dislike?

Too-frequent price increases and the loss of some features (when converting from the desktop version) that I couldn't justify a much higher monthly fee to retain. The feature that I was most sorry to lose was inventory management. It's available at a higher price tier...but the price is too high to justify it for my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This may not be the application for you, but it's definitely worth checking out.

These days,I do all my own bookkeeping, accounting and taxes. QBO hasn't made the process painless; but it has made it somewhat simpler and easier! And when I do hand my accounting off to someone else, I understand that QBO has built-in tools to make that kind of collaboration fairly easy.

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

* We monitor all QuickBooks Online reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.