QuickBooks Online

Easy Online Accounting to Organize Your Finances in One Place

Work for QuickBooks Online?

Learning about QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 1362 QuickBooks Online reviews
QuickBooks Online review by <span>Trang N.</span>
Trang N.

"Ideal for small business"

What do you like best?

A lot of useful features like generating reports, especially customized ones, automatically telling you what number got change since the last reconciliation. Moreover, it got updated frequently to adapt all new needed features in the market.

What do you dislike?

Since it got updated frequently, it takes a little time for me to get used to. Another downside of this software is very limited users. Recently, they increase the monthly fees without notification which made me and my team not very happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, highly recommended

I use quickbook online to solve our company budgetting issue. Generating the report with quickbooks is super easy and quick (well, since it's quickbook). So, it helps me to know exactly where I can cut off or I need to put a little more budget in to incease the production. The result is a nice, easy to understand plan that helps my company to boost the service revenue and cut off unseccessary expenses

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online review by <span>Esther C.</span>
Esther C.

"Simple online accessibility, clunky and misleading interface, missing features"

What do you like best?

No-fuss online access for multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Online access for multiple users is easy to set up, but the program is often slow to respond, even over a good internet connection.

Lacks the Advanced Search of all transactions, regardless of type, that makes QB Desktop so much more flexible and easier to use.

QBO also hides advanced options (delete transaction, undo reconciliation, reverse transaction) behind multiple layers of menus. I understand this to be part of an effort to make the product friendlier to non-bookkeepers, but I use the Accountant version, and these functions are still hidden under layers of GUI. I far prefer the capacity that QB Desktop offers to strip the GUI down to a workspace and a full selection of drop-down menus.

Lacks a real inventory system. For that, you will have to use an outside app, and that is going to raise the cost.

It is also near impossible to create your own solution for missing features, as Intuit has obscured the underlying database mark-up language. For instance, if you are a non-profit that need to apply customer and class tags to multiple transaction lines for later reporting, it is far quicker and easier to do that in a spreadsheet and import the transactions. But you can only DIY that in QuickBooks Desktop and with its publicly accessible IIF mark-up language. If you use QBO, good luck finding (and paying for) a third-party app to fill this need.

I also find that the labeling of transactions (e.g., Expenditure is more prominent than Bill) and the prominence with which the bank integration/transaction matching feature is promoted to conceptually favor cash accounting practices, which are not preferred or even legal for most businesses. But they're intuitive to casual users, and the so the interface leads casual users down garden paths that an outside bookkeeper will eventually have to fix before tax (or worse, audit) time. I've earned plenty of money fixing the problems that QBO leads casual users into, but I wish it didn't encourage them into those problems in the first place.

I also find the GUI distracting and obscuring in its own right. So much screen real estate is spent, even in the Ultra Compact display mode, on graphics that are supposed to be user friendly that I can never see as much actual financial information as I would like on one screen.

Also, the bulk-editing functions in the accountant version of QBO are hobbled compared to those in QB Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really must use QBO, do not use it without guidance if you do not have a solid working knowledge of accrual accounting; hire someone who does to do your bookkeeping instead.

If you have bookkeeping needs that are at all complex, I strongly encourage you to consider hosting QB Desktop on an application server instead. If you aren't sure how complex your needs are, consult an experienced bookkeeper before you choose your platform.

Accounting software with no-fuss online access for multiple users.

What Accounting solution do you use?

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Kevin K.</span>
Kevin K.

"Very Useful for Identifying your financial problems and figuring out tax"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is an integrated platform for any financial-related problems or advices. As Intuit offers Quickbook service in correlation to its other services, such as from TurboTax, it's really easy to figure out the company's tax estimation or analyzing the financial situation. I use this platform to not only figure out the tax estimate for next year but also check on my financial spendings and other expenses. This platform is great for both personal and business uses as it offers great usage for a wide range of users. I highly recommend this product as it gives you a time period to test out their product before enrolling in pay-model subscription, appreciating for potential customers.

What do you dislike?

The cost can add up quite a bit if you use this for personal use. With company-use, I can use it in the company expense, but I realize the cost of subscription adds up as I continue to use this platform both for personal and business uses. Furthermore, I feel that I sometimes get lost with the immense amount of service options the platform provides once you enroll in service. I feel like I get overwhelmed with too many services and would like to see more organized way of seeing all the service options to take less time thinking which service to browse or use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to purchase the subscription as the service would save a lot of time with figuring out your tax.

I use this product to figure out the tax estimate, track my financial spendings, and organize any other financial-related information. It's an integrated hub for any personal or business's finances.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>John-Paul H.</span>
John-Paul H.

"Promises a lot but glitches badly undermine it"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can integrate and automate a lot.

What do you dislike?

Glitchy. Changes do not always save. Bank integration keeps breaking down. Automatic categorising of transactions is very hit and miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider others - For SMEs there are lots of systems out there, I don't think Quickbooks is the best out there - Xero, etc - lots of others.

Quickbooks would be great if it worked as it looks like it should, but the problem is it's unreliable. Things you do don't save, and it has enough bugs that I really can't trust it as a system, and given that it's our accounts system, that's no small issue. Their support (mainly on chat) has been pretty poor - I've had to contact them 5 or 6 times for 2 separate issues. They haven't known the solution on first contact, and on the first issue (bank account integration) the response was 'we know about it, we're working on it/investigating, it will be fixed', but after 2-3 times recontacting over the same issue I was eventually just given a workaround and the problem still exists. the 2nd issue, I'm still at the 'we know about it, we're investigating, watch this space' stage. Gives the strong impression that they aren't really interested in fixing or can't fix bugs.

Accounting and invoicing

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Juliet R.</span>
Juliet R.

"QuickBooks is great for accounting needs"

What do you like best?

I like the large variety of options for bills, vendors, checks, etc. Quickbooks has shortcuts and makes the process of paying bills / tracking bills easier as opposed to having to physically write them out. Quickbooks also has commands/prompts that double-check your input so that you're less likely to make mistakes.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks usually runs into problems when dealing with multi vs. single-user mode. Sometimes it's more of the O-Drives issue but there have been many instances where multi-users were unable to access Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses accounting software or is considering using accounting software, definitely go for it. Quickbooks offer a great number of options to help ease the process for payroll processing, vendor tracking, bill payments, etc. and provides efficient support for such duties.

We are able to reconcile checks more quickly as well as see what vendors we are working with. We can view the history of our bills and track where our money is going and where it can go. We can also generate paychecks fairly quickly with a template.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jason L.</span>
Jason L.

"Perfect for small and growing businesses."

What do you like best?

QBO is an affordable solution for small and growing companies. It is easy to use, and nearly all other SaaS providers have integrations with the platform. For a one person or small accounting team, QBO can remain your solution until around the $10 million revenue mark.

What do you dislike?

The functionality isn't the best, but you get what you pay for. Integrations with overseas entities could be better, and eventually, you will outgrow the platform. That transition can be an expensive proposition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried out the payroll model, but for companies with less than 20 employees that don't plan to grow, I can see this being a workable solution. I would say that if do not have someone in-house that is familiar with QBO, you are probably better of finding an outside firm to help you set it up and run it for a few months so you can see how it should work.

QBO is our accounting solution. We use the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Financial reporting purposes.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Kelly K.</span>
Kelly K.

"Convenient, User-Friendly Accounting Software "

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to jump in and learn. As a Pro-Advisor that is a large selling point for a new customer to be able to feel like they can jump in and look at their business financials in an easy to understand and manage view while also being able to limit the functionality in the sense that only their accountants or an accountant log in can perform certain tasks. I love that it is accessible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve for seasoned Quickbooks users to navigate. Once you figure your way around and what version you have and what it can and cannot do it's very easy to get around and set things up the way you want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many cloud based accounting software programs offered today but Quickbooks is my go to at the moment because it is very user-friendly with different entry points for what you want it to do.

I help a client who is able to log on to Quickbooks from different locations without having to worry about configuring a host computer. They just log on and do what they have to do, the layout is easy to understand and their financial position is available at a glance.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Lee Y.</span>
Lee Y.

"Great for Bookkeepers and Accountants"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online make the collaboration between client and accountant a breeze! No more shuffling accountant copies of files, or trying to access the file remotely through Dropbox. Clients can be taught to use the more basic functions like day-to-day entry of deposits and bills, while bookkeepers and accountants can make their entries and run reports as needed. It's also all online, so there's no worrying about cross-platform users or the limitations of the Quickbooks for Mac. And with the QB ProAdvisor program for accountants, you get a certification badge and lots of discounts on other Intuit products. You can also use wholesale billing to give your clients customized rates for Quickbooks software.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not similar to the desktop version that so many accountants are used to seeing. The workflow is geared towards business owners, not accountants. The chart of accounts is also a little different with QBO, and there are a lot of mandatory accounts that QBO requires. QBO is definitely user friendly for business owners, but not so much for accountants making adjusting entries or changes to the client's books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if just starting out, hire a professional bookkeeper or accountant to help set up your books correctly the first time. Trying to make major changes to your books once information is entered is laborious and time consuming.

The biggest problem that Quickbooks Online solves is not having to send and receive accountant copies of files to make changes. Everything is accessible through the web, and changes to client books are immediate. This has greatly cut back on the non-billable hours of waiting for the client to send you the file, and waiting for them to upload your changes.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Diana H.</span>
Diana H.

"Clunky but improving"

What do you like best?

QB has good reporting capabilities that allows a business to extract information, customize reporting, and keep track of expenses by customer. It looks good and wants to be first class.

What do you dislike?

Intuit tries to lock a business into their own payment processing solution and lacks the flexibility to link to other gateways. However, as a corporation they are also very risk adverse and have shut down payment processing for multiple clients and for my own CPA firm (go figure). As a result I have a very hard time recommending the platform for a serious business, but it's probably fine for a self-employed entrepreneur with low volume or just starting out. Additionally, there is a problem with the dashboard that results in inaccurate reporting of income/expenses for the month. Multiple calls to support revealed that Intuit is working on the issues. Bottom line, the user has to run reports instead of relying on the dashboard for accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuit tries to lock you into their suite of products including overpriced payroll solutions and only one payment gateway. If your business is growing or has significant volume, you should find another accounting solution.

This is a decent entry level bookkeeping solution to get clients organized and start to keep books for their business.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Steve T.</span>
Steve T.

"I'm an idiot and I can use it"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to go in, add a new customer, get an invoice set up and email it to them. It's very simple to add a new customer using the different fields. It's self explanatory and I consider myself a bit of an idiot with this stuff. I'm great creatively but finance and accounting isn't a string point. I also love how simple it is to set up an invoice template and adding my services via the drop down menu, helps me track where my sales are coming from. There are so many amazing features that I haven't even got to grips with. I'm excited to dive into them

What do you dislike?

When it comes to logging in. I get a little overwhelmed. There are so many different areas I can look at and data I can access. For someone who isn't detail orientated I'd like something more simple. And again like many other sites, something that looks nice. It's the artsy side to me that loves things to look nice.

It is so quick and easy for me to sell a product or service and raise an invoice in quick time. It also allows me to keep up to date with cash flow and what's outstanding. I love the fact my accountant has access to it all too.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Elizabeth B.</span>
Elizabeth B.

"Easy to Use Accounting Tool"

What do you like best?

I think my favorite thing about Quickbooks Online is that it was pretty easy to port my data over from the desktop version. It was easy for me to do on my own and did not require that I call customer support or spend a lot of time on it. I love that I can access my data anywhere from any computer if need be. I love the automation of things like bank transactions and credit card transactions downloading daily as well as the ability to auto process remembered transactions like invoices and reoccurring expenses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could customize invoices more, the customization seems fairly limited. Also, I am unable to connect to one of our bank accounts as that bank uses multi factor authentication, and that is really frustrating as most of our transactions flow through that particular bank account. Also, it is not entirely infrequent that the application craps out and gives the 'Our shoes have come untied message' which means it will not show things on the dashboard, as well as report windows will not always load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used other accounting software in order to compare, but, I did come from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, and Quickbooks Online is MUCH better than the desktop version. It provides a lot more flexibility than the desktop version, as well as a lot of features that you cannot get on the desktop application. Quickbooks Online also integrates with a lot of other software which is nice, so there is a likelihood that you can connect to another piece of software that you use for the business pretty seamlessly.

The absolute best feature is just the fact that I can access all of my data from anywhere, any time, and it was great that I could take my company's Quickbooks Desktop software and just easily port it over without a lot of learning new things or big changes in how I operated outside of improvements.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Mark David G.</span>
Mark David G.

"User Friendly & Great Support"

What do you like best?

I came to QBO from Quickbooks desktop reluctantly, because I had always found the desktop version to be, user-unfriendly, with support that, frankly, wasn't very supportive. However QBO surprised me. Although I was sorry to lose certain features and disappointed that I couldn't save a few dollars a month to downgrade my subscription level, I have found the product itself to be largely intuitive (unlike the desktop version) and the support team to be responsive and eager to solve my problems.

What do you dislike?

Too-frequent price increases and the loss of some features (when converting from the desktop version) that I couldn't justify a much higher monthly fee to retain. The feature that I was most sorry to lose was inventory management. It's available at a higher price tier...but the price is too high to justify it for my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This may not be the application for you, but it's definitely worth checking out.

These days,I do all my own bookkeeping, accounting and taxes. QBO hasn't made the process painless; but it has made it somewhat simpler and easier! And when I do hand my accounting off to someone else, I understand that QBO has built-in tools to make that kind of collaboration fairly easy.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Susan M.</span>
Susan M.

"QuickBooks Online for Accountants"

What do you like best?

I really like the document sharing feature. Clients can upload bank statements directly to their company file instead of emailing outside the program, and I can send them a message within the program to remind them of docuements needed. I also love that I don't have to send my clients a back up file that they then have to download and view in order to give them access to their own books. Ease of access means that I can provide quality bookkeeping to clients regardless of their geographic location.

What do you dislike?

The feature that most needs improvement is the Reports capability. It needs to be brought up to level with the desktop version. Also, importing data files is more difficult in the online version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While QBO is not the powerhouse that the Desktop version is, it is more than adequate for most small businesses, and provides cloud back up, ease of access and ease of sharing with accounting professionals. The integration of TSheets and other apps makes it very user-friendly and able to handle the things today's small businesses rely upon -- mobility, instant access to data, etc.

QuickBooks Online has allowed me to expand my geographic client base, as well as made it easier for clients and I to access real-time information from any location without having to first share back up data files (relying on shared back ups can lead to a less than current view of the financial status being used for decision making). Additionally, the new features of document sharing and communication with clients from within the company file as well as being able to process 1099s from within the file have been stellar.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jessica F.</span>
Jessica F.

"A good fit for many but not all"

What do you like best?

Convenience to access from any device, automatic backups, user-friendly, good features with active development so it keeps getting better. The accountant tools have greatly improved making it easier for me to serve my clients. Overall this a good and user-friendly tool for many small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Price increases over the recent years has made it less attractive to very small businesses which are the bulk of my clients. The product is under constant development but still lacks some features from the desktop version. The quality of customer support is hit or miss. After being spoiled by how easy it was to setup recurring automated client payments on Wave Accounting, I find QuickBooks process to be a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully compare the different versions to make sure that you choose the right one. While this works well for many businesses, it's not a perfect fit for everybody.

I use it to virtually perform the bookkeeping for a variety of small businesses. My clients like being able to access their data from anywhere that they have internet and send invoices while on the go and it's easy for clients to pay their invoices. I use it for full bookkeeping, cost allocation, bank reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, reports and more.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Marissa K.</span>
Marissa K.

"Easy to keep all bills, credits and money in one place"

What do you like best?

New versions are quite easy to use. Some features are straight forward

What do you dislike?

Some keyboard shortcuts take time to learn. Also, while doing credit and bill input, it does not default back to bill input, you can get carried away and realize you inputted 10 credits when they were in fact bills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once key functions are learned, it's easy to keep all bills and credits in once place. There is also an ease to check the bank account amount to match with what QuickBooks has for a balance. Quick access to funds and also gives the ability to manage when writing people checks without a bill. everything has accountability to ensure that funds are kept in track and in place.

They make it easy to keep track of bills and credits from merchandise and pharmaceutical items which paper and online credits are needed to get a final total for the total due every month.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Heather P.</span>
Heather P.

"QuickBooks Pro for even your least Tech Savvy business owner!"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Pro is used to keep track of all financial transactions from the checkbook to bills and invoices. By using QuickBooks Pro we were able to streamline our bill paying process and keep more accurate records. By allowing us to invoice directly through QuickBooks we keep better records of our accounts receivable. Even our least technical user has no problem navigating in QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

depending on the financial institution used connecting to automatically download transaction is tricky

Renaming rules in the online version is not user-friendly and defaults on its own lumping most transactions together (IE: everything that comes in as a check # becomes renamed to the last vendor a check was written to & recorded)

Desktop version is much more user friendly in general than the online version

Recommendations to others considering the product

The online platform is not as user-friendly as the desktop version. weigh your options before converting to online.

By entering our bills as they arrive we get reminders when payment dates are coming due as well as making it easy to track where the money is going

Invoicing has made tracking money owed to us easy and cut down on having to call people looking for money owee to us.

Quickbooks built-in templates for invoicing & quotes we have been able to have a more professional look to present to customers

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Alexa C.</span>
Alexa C.

"Quick books online"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love using quick books online. Everything is so smooth, invoices are easy to send and write. The customers get to view their invoice and any updates made at any time without them having to be sent again.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike. I just wish there was a way to personalize the estimate and invoice template like quick books enterprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, be careful when reconciling though, sometimes it can get a little confusing. Perhaps it is because I am not an accountant, but when there are checks that show up on the bank transfer without name, I try to describe it so that there is not confusion but it adds it again. So then the account does not stay on zero because the transaction is duplicated.

With quick book online, we send customer invoices and estimates. We are also able to track our expenses. We can keep track on what vendors and customers owe us, and we can see how far a long a project is at any given moment.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Keisha H.</span>
Keisha H.

"Could be more customizable"

What do you like best?

I run a lot of reports, so being able to do so at any given point of the month is valuable.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel as though there are enough granular customizations available for the information I need to report on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find some YouTube videos to help understand how this product works. It's best to start as you mean to go, so getting it properly set up from the beginning is tantamount to being successful. There's nothing like having to delete financial data and re-enter it from the beginning because something wasn't input properly from the beginning. If possible, I would also recommend a low-level accounting course as well. Mostly to understand what the basic terms are, so you'll know what these mean in terms of your business, and will allow you to speak knowledgeably with others when you are talking about your finances.

Multiple people needed to access it at once. The desktop version limits you to one person at a time, whereas the online version allows multiple users. I like the reports feature a lot. At any given time of the month, I need access to the different types of financial reports. Being able to run them at will is a significant timesaver. With the desktop version I had to rely on someone else to run those reports. With this online version I can do them myself. I can also save my favorite reports with the parameters preset, so I don't have to set that up each time.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

"Every start-up needs this"

What do you like best?

I am always a big fan of QuickBooks Online's dashboard, clean and straightforward, which shows all details of invoices, expense, bank account, sales, profit and loss. It's very easy to use, for start-ups which need most basic functions. It offers many functions at a very low cost, even free until you need to add more clients and upgrade the functions. ProAdvisor which offers training which amazed our accountant.

What do you dislike?

It gets overwhelming once the company grows, especially in the accounting section, one can be easily confused by all the terms. Sometimes even our accountant got confused and it took her a while to sort out all the details. When the company grows, adding clients can also cost a lot, unless the client is self-employed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the cost low. For the amount of monthly payment, it can be a burden to most start-ups.

We used QuickBooks Online to track profit and loss, and monitor bank account and expense. We also begin to use online and app to monitor our projects, which is wonderful that our accountant can also help to participate in monitoring projects and get a better picture of the current projects and progress.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jennifer R.</span>
Jennifer R.

"Great for on the go and remote use"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of how easy it is to create the company profile. QBO is truly designed for all levels of user. When implementing I had an old company file for use on a desktop that needed to be converted to Online. With the help of the customer service we were able to recover all of our old data into the new system, making all of our board members happy.

What do you dislike?

I am not always a fan of the layout and how much of a difference there is between this and the desktop version. I have often used both for different clients and going back and forth can take extra time. There is a desktop option for the online but many times I find it too cumbersome to use often. As an admin I have to use features only available online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One piece of advice would be to go through as much training as possible. Not because the software is difficult but because there are so many extra features that are part of the online and knowing how to use them can make life much easier.

One of the best features is the ability to send invoices and track what is coming in and out of the system as well as the note taking options. With a large volume of sales it is amazingly easy to go to the invoice or bill in question and see what details may have been added previously.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Tammy A.</span>
Tammy A.

"Quickbooks Online Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of access is the best part of using the online version of QuickBooks. Since Quickbooks Online is a web-based service, I am able to access the website from any computer at any time. I do not necessarily need to be in the office on my work computer to access this program, which is beneficial since I do occasionally work remotely.

What do you dislike?

Since this program is web-based the user must have some sort of internet access to utilize the website. In the rare instance that the internet service is down, the user cannot access the website. There are some server issues with QuickBooks Online - many times I have had to wait for extended periods to receive invoices via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Online gives the user basic access to accounting needs. Since we are a small business, the capabilities of the online version work well for us. However, I would suggest that larger companies with say, 200+ customers, consider using the software version of QuickBooks in order to have access to more robust features.

Our business is able to successfully track our accounts payable and accounts receivables with QuickBooks Online. The reconciliation reports allow us to forecast payments and revenue for certain times of the year. Our AP/AR department has been able to communicate more effectively since all of our accounting information is available on our QuickBooks account, which decreases the need to wait for answers from other employees and/or departments.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Alexander B.</span>
Alexander B.

"Only Good For Solo or Very Small Companies with Minimal Business Requirements"

What do you like best?

The product is fairly easy to use and online access is a plus. I enjoy the peace of mind knowing that everything is backed up in real time, at no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

The Online version of QuickBooks is missing a lot of "business" features that I didn't realized we relied on so much with the Desktop version. I am unable to set price levels for different customers nor add multiple contacts at a company. This has led us to look into a CRM add-on product which turned out to be expensive and unreliable when it came to syncing (experience with Method, Insightly, Agile, Accelo, and ConvergeHub). "Notes" are one big text box, not individual date stamped entries like in the desktop version or a CRM. I am unable to select a preferred vendor for Items that are purchased. Sales Orders (or Work Orders) are not part of the software. I've worked around this by using "Accepted Estimates" as Sales Orders but it is not a true Sales Order.

In addition, QuickBooks Online seems to know better than me (or wants to force best practices) on my business. I tried renaming the "Sales" and "Cost of Goods Sold" accounts... and it replaced them with NEW accounts with the same name. I now have two Sales accounts. I also tried deleting the one that QuickBooks automatically added...and it reappears the next time you sign in. QuickBooks Online also seems to "hide" things in different areas, which makes it seem like there are not problems with your books. I only came to realize this when we exported our QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks Desktop, and a lot of numbers surfaced that were not showing online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, please, please think about the marketing that is going into your eyes and ears. QuickBooks is a for profit business and I have no problem paying money for good software. They will do what is best for their business which is push QuickBooks Online since it is monthly, recurring revenue. Take the time to read reviews here and hover over the "Review Source" for each reviewer (located under their name/picture). The majority of 5 star reviews were "offered a nominal gift card as thank you for completing this review". However the majority of 1-2 star reviews are "Organic". Something to think about...

My perception was that most accountants warned against using QuickBooks Online for anything but a solopreneur. However Intuit is finding clever ways to change that by offering priority support to ProAdvisors who specialize in the Online version of QuickBooks and offering DEEP discounts on QuickBooks Online (as of this writing, an accountant can get 5 QuickBooks Online subscriptions for $5/month each)

I'm not criticizing Intuit or their business model (as I said we are all in it to make a profit), I just want others to consider all of the factors, not jump off a bridge because everyone else is, and make the best decision for his/her own business. My hope is this review can help another person from making the same mistake we did.

Online accounting and sales management. Sending online invoices and getting paid electronically.

QuickBooks Online review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Quickbooks online review "

What do you like best?

I currently use the QBSE online tool and it is GREAT. It keeps track of all of my business. I simply hook up my accounts from my banks, Credit cards, Paypal, etc. And set up a few other basic account details and I was good to go!

From there, Quickbooks tracks my transactions in my business and sorts each one into a specific category. The ones it cannot sort, it will ask what category it belongs to and you can easily adjust it.

It even allows you to pay taxes through the platform and keeps records of all necessary forms from P&L's and various other forms

What do you dislike?

I think I dislike the lack of there being a Cost of goods sold category for the Quickbooks self employed part. I wish they would add that as it would help my business better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It is very user friendly and doesn't require a lot of technical ability to get started.

I am solving my bookkeeping problems. This makes keep track of transaction and tracking business profits and taxes a HECK of a lot easier!!

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Ed H.</span>
Ed H.

"QuickBooks Online is easy to use and very convenient."

What do you like best?

Accessing our accounting software on multiple devices, always synced, always backed up. With PC, Mac, and IOS apps we never have to wait to enter a transaction or send an invoice. Automatic downloading of transactions from our bank saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

Very little. There are few functions that are available only on the web app that aren't available on the mobile apps, but they aren't primary functions for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it works great for mobile user or companies with multiple users.

We are able to create and send an invoice to a customer immediately instead of having to wait to get to an office computer to do it. It allows most customers to have a total amount due and pay us right away, often as soon as we send them the invoice.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>James A.</span>
James A.

"The best Accountancy software for your business or company"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks runned by Intuit have designed a perfect software platform that uses all manner of features to make your accountancy work better and smoother. I find the menu interface and features like allowing you to connect your back accounts and also set invoices really easy to use. I also love the layout and the simple way to get the job done. This platform has a great view of your overall performance as a dashboard that shows you on one screen what all your income and outgoings are based on sales and profit. If you are looking for a low cost solution for your business then I would recommend Quickbooks for your company. I also like the bak feeds that can be setup and also the HMRC recognised features that allow you to connect to HMRC to upload your transactions and forms that are normally required. It also allows you to let your accountant see what you have achieved.

What do you dislike?

I find this software difficult to fault the only thing is that it does not support multiple companies. I find quickbooks a little more difficult than other mores imple platforms as you will need to have a basic understanding of accountancy practices. Never the less this platform does thw job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is probably the most recognised and reliable and cost effective solution for your business.

I needed a booking keeping platform to help me do my own company accounts.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Rafa L.</span>
Rafa L.

"Quickbooks online gave us a boost!"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can login anywhere, any time, to follow up on our accounting and request payment from clients.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it's not as easy for clients outside the United States to make payment online. It seems clients can only make payment online if they have a U.S. credit card, so our clients overseas need to resort to an alternate payment method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does expedite payment, because clients find it convenient to click the invoice sent by email to make payment online.

We can send invoices to clients and have them pay us online, which expedites the entire process. Also, we don't need to be in the office to create and submit invoices and request payment, because we only need to login and do it all on through the web-based platform. We used to have a Windows virtual machine to use the old Quickbooks software, so the web-based version has also helped us ditch Windows altogether and stick to Ubuntu Linux at the office and on our business laptops, so we can keep the business going while on the road.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jason B.</span>
Jason B.

"Excellent for all of your accounting and tax needs, works better than most programs"

What do you like best?

I love the overall simplicity and the design. It makes it extremely easy to create new clients and see what your current clients owe or if they have paid in full or not. This is easily the best software to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of actually, I've had nothing but great things to say about this software and will continue using it for a long time

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly urge many people to use this accounting software due to how easy it is to use. I've been using it almost daily for the past 2 years and will continue doing so.

We are solving all of our tax needs using this software to create records of who has paid and who hasn't. It makes my life so much easier and I'm able to see all the information I need in one place which is highly accessible.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Adam T.</span>
Adam T.

"QuickBooks Works for Us"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks online is a good tool for a startup company. The price is very reasonable and I am appreciate the lack of a long term contract. It is easy for our accountant to reconcile all of our accounts. As a novice, it is easy to look up expenses, invoices, and payments. Running the reports is pretty easy, even for someone with zero accounting experience like myself.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out how to set up automatic invoicing is extremely tricky. Also, I wish there were an option for a time clock for hourly employees without having to give the access to the system. I would have assumed that the function would have been easy to build and a great selling point. We had to subscribe to additional service to add this function for our employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having a professional account or tax administrator help with the set up. Make sure you know how you are going to track hours for employees if you pay them hourly as Quick Books system is incomplete in regards to this function.

We use Quick Books for all of our accounting. It has made it extremely easy to keep our Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statements organized as we continue our funding round. We were able to generate the reports needed for our investor. They were easy to create and easy to understand. It also allows our accountant to update everything as required by the IRS.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Natalie A.</span>
Natalie A.

"Simple for newbies, easy to use and set up"

What do you like best?

I like that I can port in data from all of my checking and credit card accounts, both personal and business related, all into the same system easily!

What do you dislike?

There was a glitch getting one of my accounts imported, but it was eventually resolved by contacting customer support. I wish I could create more specific/customized categories for my expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for a small business owner that doesn't have large scale accounting to do like myself...quick to learn and easy to use and set up overall. Have a friend refer you so you both can get a discount for the first year!

I spend WAY less time categorizing my expenses and income for my business, I love having everything in one place and that the mobile app can track my mileage and take pictures of my receipts...I have time to focus on work instead of tedious accounting issues!

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"The good and the bad"

What do you like best?

I really like the realtime download of transactions from my bank. The downloads are automatically coded to accounts fairly accurately and this is a big time saver. I have many of my clients linked to my company and it is a big time saver.

What do you dislike?

I have one issue that has really created problems. It is in the credit card processing module. When i charge a card in that module there is a dropdown of some of my clients who also can process credit cards through quickbooks online. If i dont think of looking at the dropdown box to select my company - it processes the transaction under my client. Hence - when i accidently do this, the charge goes to their account along with that companies information on my clients statement. Then to fix - i have to reverse transaction which reflects on both of my clients. Basically - it looks very unprofessional and a client could think i am doing something unscrupulous with their bank account.

It has made it alot easier to work on accounting for my clients saving me time and headaches.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Celine M.</span>
Celine M.

"Easy to Use Software that gets by"

What do you like best?

For the price, I think QBO is definitely a steal. As someone that has worked in the public accounting environment. I feel like the online version is my least favorite. Despite their push to move everything to online, I feel like the features and how speed at which it runs is far from their desktop versions.

However, I must say that if you are a basic business with minimal accounting. QBO might be the easiest solution with the ability to access your data anywhere and run basic accounting.

What do you dislike?

How slow it is and the inability to customize certain aspects such as your PO's design or run a report with shipping address information as a column.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you definitely find which type and version of quickbooks suits your needs before jumping into QBO.

Our general accounting. QBO allows us to be on the web and to have multiple users.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Elyse I.</span>
Elyse I.

"Ease of bookkeeping for the accounting-iliterate "

What do you like best?

I am a free-lance designer and I truly hate bookkeeping, but Quickbooks basically takes care of it for me. I have my bank accounts linked, so I can easily track expenses and view profit and loss reports. I love the online invoicing, so I can get paid faster and give my clients the option by paying by credit card.

What do you dislike?

The only feature that I wish they would implement is sometimes by online invoices don't get through to the client, so it would be great to be notified when my invoice email has been viewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks integrates with many other programs, so I would take advantage of the integrates to keep your business operates simple.

A big plus for me is that Quickbooks integrates with the time-tracking software, T Sheets. Since I fully operate on billable hours, it has cut my invoicing time down significantly by being able to import my time worked from T Sheets. Quickbooks allows me to assign a rate per service type, so I don't have to make any edits to my hours after importing.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jessica E.</span>
Jessica E.

"Almost there"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to access the service/software from anywhere and any device. I can pull it up on my phone, iPad, MacBook Pro, or the web! I also love the integration with our CRM (17hats). It automatically pulls invoices into the system, so I don't have to manually enter them.

What do you dislike?

The job costing leaves a lot to be desired. The Windows desktop version, Quickbooks Pro, is phenomenal for this. I can go into a job in the desktop version and see all expenses, bills, and invoices as well as add them. The lack of this is a big shortcoming of Quickbooks online.

The integration with my CRM is the main reason we're using QBO. The amount of time it saves while keeping our books up to date is well worth the money and frustrations.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Ranae H.</span>
Ranae H.

"The future of bookkeeping, whether you like it or not!"

What do you like best?

For Bookkeepers:

- Easily switch between clients, no need to log out and then log in to your client's file. Particularly helpful if the client is on the phone and you don't want to keep saying "Sorry, it's a little slow this morning"

- More App options, including Quickbooks Labs which lets you explore some of their beta features.

- View from any device, phone (although I've never tried before), laptops, desktop.

- Share the file with your client easier, nice for clients who want to be in the file frequently.

For business owners:

- User-friendly, doesn't use accounting terms.

- Create invoices and receive payments on the go.

- The Bank feeds makes entering data easier.

Other things I like:

- I think the invoices are nicer online and easier to format.

- All online features just tend to work better in QBO than in Desktop

What do you dislike?

Relies on the internet.

Reports do not have very many formatting options, such as "limit to one page wide".

Reports sometimes come out... odd? when printed. Letters are bolder than they should be or smudged looking.

Reports are not as customizable, it's difficult to find a transaction detail report or transaction summary report that you can customize and the customization tool is definitely lacking.

The search feature makes assumptions about what area I'm trying to search in (Memo, Amount, Line Description) when it should really just start by searching all transactions.

Should not be used for clients with inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't convert to QBO if you have inventory.

Remember, QBO payroll costs extra money, but you can still run their payroll in QB Desktop and then enter adjustments into QBO.

Quickbooks Online has allowed for better and faster collaboration with coworkers and clients.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jennifer W.</span>
Jennifer W.

"Almost not worth my money if invoices go to customers' spam inboxes..."

What do you like best?

I like that they are constantly trying to make it better and user-friendly. Generally I can find what I am looking for and they are always adding new useful features.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to find what I'm looking for or do what I need to do. Today I wanted to add a payment button to my website but that proved to be a difficult, overwhelming task that required a technology developer.

I wanted to add that since the emailed invoices come from a Quickbooks email address, a lot of my clients' invoices go to Spam. I called (not to mention I had to wait 20 minutes to speak with someone) and they told me there is no way to make it come from my email address and they offered no suggestions when I asked. I have over 100 clients and I can't ask them all to check their spam boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, it's a good software. They are constantly changing it to make it better, and generally are easy to get help from. I'd definitely recommend it for small business. I've heard the downloadable software is better than the online subscription, but I haven't tried it yet. If you use the invoice feature a lot though, you might look into other software that won't send your invoices to spam.

I am keeping track of all my clients' balances on their accounts, easily calculating totals for all the services we offer, and I'm able to print very nice-looking checks for my contractors each month. I've just started playing around with the accounting part and hope to use it to keep track of business expenses for tax purposes.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Cate R.</span>
Cate R.

"The Best Money Management for Small Business"

What do you like best?

The integrated invoicing offers the option for bank - bank transfer, which means no processing fees, and it's wicked fast.

What do you dislike?

The reconciliation page is clunky and difficult to use, I thought. I had trouble learning how to use it and wasn't able to get help through their FAQ, which was also difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of all of the Quicken products, this is the best place to start!

QuickBooks Online makes it easy for me to monitor outstanding invoices, which is the feature that other accounting programs don't do well or don't do at all. It also has the best reports - P&L Statements and Balance Sheet - of any program I've used. For my small business, it's the perfect fit because it has all of the features I need without having so many features I'm overwhelmed.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jessica A.</span>
Jessica A.

"Very easy and efficient to use"

What do you like best?

I like the payroll feature it makes my life so much easier, everything is integrated so it doesn't take long and is calculated for you. Definitely worth the money.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to open multiple tabs in one window, I also would like to see the taxes options better integrated and updated as it reminds you about setting up taxes that are already done. It would be nice to have a tab for bills that are due that day so you know you need to pay them without searching specifically each supplier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend quickbooks for all your accounting needs!

I am solving my payroll problems, invoicing problems. I am able to easily keep track of accounts receivables. I can also quickly pay bills that are due.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Julianne S.</span>
Julianne S.

"Does the work for you!"

What do you like best?

I use QuickBooks self employed for my business. I really love the multiple features, such as automatic mileage tracking, business expense tracking and quarterly tax estimates.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that you can't really customize the invoices too much. You can add your own business logo and contact information but that's about it. I also wish that there was an inventory section in the version that I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. There is usually always a special price for a trial period. You can try different versions as well to see what meets your business needs. They have a variety of options depending on your business needs, so be sure to read what is included with each version.

It makes it really easy for me to separate business from personal expenses. I also really love the ease of using the invoicing. I can email the invoice directly to my clients or print it if needed. I can have my client's pay by bank transfer or credit card which means quicker payments and less time spent following up with client's whe haven't paid.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Adam M.</span>
Adam M.

"Run your business accounts from anywhere"

What do you like best?

Being able to raise an invoice within minutes from my mobile anywhere in the world keeps our business ticking over without delay

What do you dislike?

My only bugbear is not being able to process BACs payments from within Quickbooks which directly connect with our business bank account. The system can currently connect and download the latest transactions so the security protocols are in place - at least to an extent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a road-test before migrating - it might be more lightweight than Sage for example in some areas than you're used to. Check out the 3rd party app integrations - being a popular software solution other platforms allow Quickbooks to talk to it which can make your workflow even more efficient, e.g. Mailchimp, Zapier, Insightly etc. As I mentioned elsewhere, the bank feed for direct payments is not available yet but it's worth checking if you can at least get a live transaction feed for your bank. This makes reconciliation and VAT returns a doddle!

I needed an online accounting solution which was user-friendly, but still powerful and gave me the ability to managing my business finances from work, home or by the pool. It has delivered on every front.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Sanjit M.</span>
Sanjit M.

"Great All-in-one SMB accounting software."

What do you like best?

The colorful interface :) You can do everything from this one platform and it is web-based; I can use any computer. You can manage cash flow from your bank account, credit cards, and more. This allows you to see a balance sheet of the business from one dashboard. Fantastic reporting and easy to pull.

What do you dislike?

The rates on the merchant account. I wish it was integrated within the dashboard w/o logging into another merchant account. Making this seamless would save time for most SMB owners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what you need managed, payrool, expenses, paying vendors, miles, etc.

A easy way to manage accounting for a business from any devices, laptop, desktop, mobile phone. I use to use QB desktop, but was limited to using just that one machine, this is much bettr now!

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Tim J.</span>
Tim J.

"My CPA Loves It"

What do you like best?

It's online, integrates with my bank account, and my CPA can log in to audit.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were was more customization options with the reporting features. I wish there was a better way to handle commissions for sales team. The standalone app never seems to function as well as the browser version. I wish it were the opposite. Also, from time to time there are issues where product prices on invoices will be altered upon saving. This has caused some confusion with customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QBO is a great way to manage the finances of your business. It's formatted in a way that financial professionals will have an easy time auditing your books (to ensure greater accuracy).

Bookkeeping, Reporting on company and product performance, invoicing, payroll, collections

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Steve S.</span>
Steve S.

"A solid choice for any small business"

What do you like best?

The features that mean the most to me are 1) recording billable time, which can be done by single event or by weekly time sheet, 2) the ability to record expenses against a customer and make them billable with flexible markup options (this one is surprisingly hard to find among other similar accounting solutions for small business, 3) the ability to sync all my accounts (bank, credit card, paypal), 4) invoice reminders and batch sending, and 5) the merchant account that is available through quickbooks has outstanding integration with the invoices, and makes it much easier to keep track of credit card payments, and related fees.

What do you dislike?

Biggest thing that Quickbooks Online is missing (in my opinion) is Projects. I would love to track billable time, invoices and expenses at the project level. Over time, I do lots of projects for the same customers. Quickbooks Online doesn't directly support project level tracking, but their recommended hack for this is to use sub-customers for the projects. While it would be nice to have real project level support, their workaround is sufficient and that's how I'm using it.

Another feature that could stand some improvement is that Invoice reminders cannot be set to send automatically (a featured I loved in both FreeAgent and Freshbooks). All reminders have to be sent manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While you technically can use another merchant provider for credit card transactions, I strongly recommend you try the one that is specifically for Quickbooks - the one from Intuit. The extra integration their merchant account has with the software really makes it so much easier. Fees are right in line with the competition too.

QBO is a great, well-rounded solution for tracking time, expenses, invoicing and collecting payments. I've used other similar products in the past, but for some reason, my customers pay their invoices online more often, and quicker too since I've started using Quickbooks Online. Also, I have had a few compliments from customers who've said they like my invoicing system and appreciate the improvement from what I was using before (FreeAgent).

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Donna M.</span>
Donna M.

"Easy to use accounting and inventory management system"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has made balance my businesses books a quick and easy task. I love that it integrates with my bank account and credit cards so that uploading of expenses is quick. This also helps to insure accuracy in my accounting. The built in Mac app has made this super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that the app on my Mac does sometimes have a tendency to crash if I leave it open when I am done using it. It will also for some reason reopen windows in the background when I launch the app.

Quickbooks has helped me to insure that I am keeping accurate records of my expenses for my businesses. Having inventory management built in has saved me a ton of time tracking when items need to be reordered. Now, when an item is included in an invoice, it is automatically deducted from inventory and I can, at a glance, see what items I need to reorder.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Marc E.</span>
Marc E.

"Easy access; not always user friendly"

What do you like best?

QB Online makes it easy to access from any internet connected PC as well as sharing access to your bookkeeper and CPA. The ability to download back and credit card transactions makes it easier to stay caught up on your bookkeeping.

What do you dislike?

QB can be a bit tricky to use and understand. The online help isn't always clear. I haven't used the help desk so cannot comment on that. It takes too many "clicks" to navigate to the screens you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this is one of the better accounting tools available for the small business owner.

I use QB for my customer invoicing, AR and AP. I also rely on the reports. QB does provide good reports and these reports can be customized to most of my needs.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Vittoria C.</span>
Vittoria C.

"Great Accounting Software for Many Customers/Vendors for Multi-user Business"

What do you like best?

All the features in QuickBooks is easy to learn and use then on a daily basis. Generating sales orders to invoices allows me to stay organized and transition quickly. I can add customers and vendors in a click and edit when I have all the information or when I get contacts as they come. The templates are 100% customize-able. Entering bills is easy, writing checks is easy, recording deposits is easy. I can attach as many files as I want. I can look up transaction histories in an instant. And I have all the things I go between in the side bar. QuickBooks is the best!

What do you dislike?

The few times I have had to manage payroll were tricky, and I'm sure that is just because I am not use to knowing what I need to compete those tasks. Also, if I could change details of items in my item list in multiuser mode that would be helpful. If there was a transparent way to see what users enter what, especially when it comes to entering bills, that could answer some insight.

No real problem solving on my end. However, the benefits of daily tasking are endless.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Lance R.</span>
Lance R.

"Simple & Robust Accounting System"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and mobile access to my account. I also like that I can easily sync our cafe sales information directly with Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

The merchant fees for credit card processing through Quickbooks invoicing are high for those who process under $7500 a month. Therefore, I have to use another system for my invoicing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use for small business owners! Mobile and desktop access. Cloud based. Secure. Allows for many 3rd party integrations. Excellent reports.

I can access my financial information anytime from anywhere due to everything being stored in the cloud. Because of this I can sync/integrate my information with my cloud based point of sale. I can also track my sales and expenses and see everything at a glance with the reports feature.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Gabby K.</span>
Gabby K.

"Easy Way to Manage Finances"

What do you like best?

The ease of use to navigate and do just about anything. Once you know what you're doing, it's very simple to create or enter an invoice, upload and code your bank transactions, look up payment history, reconcile, etc. It's also a really easy way to have multiple people work on a businesses accounting needs simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

There have been times when it's been tricky to link a credit card and keep it synced. Especially when it's corporate and you need some difficult to obtain information and approvals. Sometimes, the credit cards somehow get un-synced as well and you have to go through the process again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how it would work for larger teams, but for a team of 4-5 managing the accounting for many projects and overhead accounting, this product was very efficient and easy to use. Would probably be great for personal finances too if you have a lot to keep track of.

It's not so much solving a business problem as taking care of our accounting needs. The benefits are that it has been an efficient way to track and manage finances for a small company with a small finance team.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Clint A.</span>
Clint A.

"Convenient, Easy for Collaboration, and a Perfect Solution for Small Organizations"

What do you like best?

We are able to access our data online from anywhere, which allows our organization to have great access and flexibility to know exactly where we are at any given time. We are a non-profit that is dependent on volunteers to make our organization successful, and the ability for a volunteer to access the system from anywhere makes it perfect for us or any group that needs flexibility.

What do you dislike?

In as much as it allows us to do everything we need, it is sometimes cumbersome to use and sometimes limited in comparison to Intuit's desktop solutions. Intuit is continually improving this, but there is still a long way to go. Flexibility for reports and ease of use is important for those who are not financial experts or CPAs.

The greatest thing is knowing that we have support for all of our accounting needs, and we love using the accounting software and payroll service. Our volunteers are typically not experts and QuickBooks helps us every step of the way.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Benjamin M.</span>
Benjamin M.

"Quickbooks helps me keep my finances straight so that I have less scrambling to do at tax time!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this software makes accounting and financing easy for people who are not very comfortable with those aspects of business. This is scary and intimidating because business financing can be pretty overwhelming if you are working on your own and are figuring things out as you go along.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the data entry and the time it takes to learn this software. I wish there was more point and click for us who are not finance and tax experts (and are not interested in it either).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks is easy to use and definitely the gold standard in accounting software.

I run a small business and it helps me with all my financial needs. I can set a budget, I can do billing, I can organize my income and outcome, I can send reports and get help with my taxes. It makes my life easier because it makes my finances paperless which is what I prefer.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Susan F.</span>
Susan F.

"Saves me hours of time and mistakes"

What do you like best?

The ease in collaborating with my bookkeeper. It saves me time and redunancy - and from undoing what she has done.

What do you dislike?

Reports aren't super easy to set up with filters. Sometimes I just want to know what I billed for a specific date range - not time, but invoices. Takes more to set up, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check on fees, payment turnaround and collaborative needs before deciding. Also, remember that if you run payments through PayPal and Quickbooks - 1099's are done differently. You won't receive, you won't send depending how you pay people. If you use quickpay services through your bank, like Chase, 1099s still need to be issued based on what you have paid them. Be sure not to count things in two places. I botched that up for my bookkeeper. She was not happy.

RECEIVABLES! I was leaving a lot of small invoices on the table that added up. This way, I can view it quickly and shoot out a friendly reminder statement. Collections are a thing of the past - all clients stay current this way. Reminder: be sure to personalize your emails, templates, etc. don't miss the BRANDING opportunity!

QuickBooks Online review by Consultant in Libraries
Consultant in Libraries

"QuickBooks Online for Teaching Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

I like that once you add the prices of your products/services your can automatically generate invoices and if you link your banking transactions you can easily reconcile accounts. They go a long way to do a majority of the work for you and also offer lots of free webinars for learning to use the program.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how some things data entry fields are not efficient, like the description when creating products or services does not autofill, or when creating clients and you de-select "print on check as", it doesn't automatically clear for you. These are the examples I can think of at the moment but there are other similar instances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking full advantage of their webinar offerings in order to be sure you are utilizing all of the aspects of the program in the most efficient way possible.

I am using QuickBooks Online to teach bookkeeping to small business owners and/or adult professionals looking for jobs or looking to advance in their careers. I have realized that this is very easy to use even for someone who doesn't have an in depth knowledge of accounting and since they can invite their accountant to use, they can be sure they are following GAAP and other guidelines.

QuickBooks Online review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Great, on-the-go account product"

What do you like best?

The ease of access of this product makes it easy to work remotely for my job and it also allows me to freelance remotely for other businesses that use this online option.

What do you dislike?

I use a Mac, I frequently get messages while using Safari that the webpage has crashed and needs to be reloaded. This error only happens with QBO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish there was a single sign-on option that allowed use among multiple companies. So far I have not been able to find this feature. Also some of the reports if run for multiple years (i.e. a lot of data), run very slowly or take a long time to load. It would be great if that could be improved.

QBO serves as our main accounting software. It is a universal software so that when we are seeking to hire a number of our applicants have previous experience with the software.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Tony C.</span>
Tony C.

"A lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I can access my information from just about anywhere, including on my phone via the app. When importing transactions from my bank, I can set up "rules" that give me the opportunity to have the transactions automatically categorized. This means much less work for me, and more time to do other mundane tasks. I used to waste a ton of time doing bookwork, and QBO literally changed my life for the better. I spend 30 minutes a week now, instead of 6-7 hours.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes delays in moving from module to module, and initially you will get a lot of emails that are trying to get you to add-on services you don't need. After that initial period, though, things go pretty smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QBO will convert your QB desktop data for free. Just takes a few hours, and the conversion is guaranteed. If you're a small business, then $10 a month is very affordable. They have other plans that include more features and functions, and payroll is an inexpensive add-on.

We had lost up to three years of data due to both a hardware and personnel error. QBO helped us recover from that by giving us a better way to not just implement new data, but a safer way to store that data. If there are questions about any of my financial information, I have it with me wherever I go.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Andrea H.</span>
Andrea H.

"Quickbooks online is a FANTASTIC accounting program!"

What do you like best?

I love that Quickbooks online is cloud based. It is so much cheaper than buying the newest version of quickbooks all the time. The customer service is outstanding! There were many things I have had to call about and they are always available to answer my questions and fix any problems I'm experiencing. It's amazing!

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing that I dislike is that you have to upgrade your subscription to get a few premium options. I wish they were all included and that there weren't steps for the subscription program. However, this does make it more affordable for a lot of people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks Online is a relatively inexpensive way to start doing your books the right way with simplicity. It is an amazing program and has a very quick onboarding process for all of those who choose to use it!

I don't have to be in the office or be working from a certain computer to access Quickbooks with this version. It makes working from home at any time so much more attainable. I love being able to access the financial records from anywhere and be able to fix problems for people without having to go to the office every single time an issue arises.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Cindy M.</span>
Cindy M.

"Quick like it's name!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn then quick & easy to use! It was so easy to set up in our office and then again when we had to move. Their customer support/IT support is amazing very easy to get hold of no long wait times and then when you do get through very friendly, helpful and knowledgable these people know their job! When I hired on help it was very easy to train them on it too!It's great for processing all the reports for my auditor as I'm only the bookkeeper & office manager so then he uses them for auditing purposes. I prepare all the government remittances though & it makes my job so much easier sometimes at just the click of a button to make the report, print it out, submit it then cut the cheque & send that by direct deposit to the appropriate institution.

What do you dislike?

Nothing like it just the way it is thanks!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than Simply!

Payroll, accounts receivable & payable. It's great for processing all the reports for my auditor as I'm only the bookkeeper & office manager so then he uses them for auditing purposes. I prepare all the government remittances though & it makes my job so much easier sometimes at just the click of a button to make the report, print it out, submit it then cut the cheque & send that by direct deposit to the appropriate institution.

Ashley M.

"Easy to use and interpret"

What do you like best?

I am not a numbers guy, so it is very helpful to have all the data placed on one customizable dashboard. I do enjoy the layout and being able to run the reports that I need make it a lot easier

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if this is an error with my payment software, but sometimes the values posted in quickbooks does not correlate with the data in the actual bank accounts, and payment software.

In fact, I noticed a difference of 1000 between revenue from my payment software (zen planner) and quickbooks. so not sure where that error is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Link it up with your accountant

It helps provide a detailed snapshot of the financials of the business. This helps out with making decisions when it comes to purchases, and hiring of staff

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Kristin Q.</span>
Kristin Q.

"QBO makes budgeting and planning easy!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. QBO allows us to track our income and expenses and report on everything! We can budget everything we need. It's also great for retail. It tracks inventory and even notifies us when stock gets low so we can reorder and have everything we need for our customers.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't integrate with our school's software, so we end up entering some things twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick Books Online is super easy to use. It's reporting is fantastic and running payroll is a cinch! Also great for tracking inventory if you sell retail. Highly recommend this for all small businesses!

Let's us plan our budget, report on all aspects of our business, and tracks inventory!

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Moses W.</span>
Moses W.

"QuickBooks Online is great for small scale businesses it does magic in increasing sales."

What do you like best?

Integrates easily with available accounting systems and software, makes invoicing so easy as well as billing, cloud storage makes data secure and accessible from anywhere at anytime making multi-management very easy. Ensures you get reports on daily, weekly or monthly transactions right at your hand. Its a great feature to track expenses and determine profit. They also offer great discounts for new users at times.

What do you dislike?

Without discounts it is moderately expensive especially for small-scale businesses, requires some training to make optimum use of all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks Online is good way to go for your accounting tasks especially for a growing small business where you are starting to get overwhelming number of clients and don't want to lose them. This will work for you I saw it work for my former boss.

Transaction data loss, tracking of expenses to reduce employee from unauthorized expenses.

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Better than traditional desktop version"

What do you like best?

It's online, really nice interface, can access anywhere including apps made for mobile devices. Can take a picture of receipt on my phone. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of the retention policy. Specially the payroll. If you unsubscribe, after a short period all your data will be permanently deleted. That period should be extended to 5 years instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, sign up for the payroll all inclusive part where they handle all state and federal tax paperwork. Makes the end of the year insanely easy and is definitely worth the price.

I do all my payroll on here. Its really easy. Unlike other services I have used, I can run payroll as often as I'd like without getting charged additional fees. Also, I have the option of having Quickbooks handle all tax payments for a really good price (~100$/month) which is rather very reasonable.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Allison H.</span>
Allison H.

"Great for small businesses and entrepreneurs!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use! You just link your bank accounts and categorize the transactions. You can even scan in your receipts so you don't have to keep a huge pile of them on your desk.

What do you dislike?

I wish the manual mileage tracking was a little easier. It asks for a starting and ending address but you still have to manually add the miles. I would suggest linking to Google maps for ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not run a small business without it. Truly a lifesaver.

Keeping track of my taxes is so much easier now. I have always done it manually and this is a game changer.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Jenessa M.</span>
Jenessa M.

"Great Product and Tool For Accounting Department in a Small Business"

What do you like best?

We switched to QuickBooks Online from a personal template and we will never go back. QuickBooks Online products and features (like the sales tax inclusion and the editable templates) make the purchase alone worth it. The company also does a great job being available to answer any questions via phone call and email help

What do you dislike?

Naturally the costs and fees associated with any software are not well-liked, but this one is worth its salt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't say the product feels natural or easy to use right away. It takes sometime watching the videos and reading the pamphlets before I felt comfortable using it well. I was lucky to have support from an advanced user and additional time to allow myself to get acquainted with the product. I would recommend others try to find a user to provide a tutorial or demo before committing to using it as the main form of accounting and/or payroll.

Our accounting department doesn't need additional support for creating the AR reports or preparing materials for mailing out. We have been able to move our department members around to assist in other areas of the office, making the role more cost effective for us in the long run. We also use the payment tracker and flags to stay on top of outstanding accounts or unreliable payers.

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"QuickBooks Online...Office Assistant"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks helps us to keep expenses organized and we can attach supporting documentation right to the transaction. Account reconciliation keeps our accounts in check and we always know where the money is...and where it goes. We haven't signed up for the bill pay feature, but we do print checks and that feature saves a lot of time when it comes to paying bills because we can select the bills we want to pay and print all of the checks at the same time.

What do you dislike?

QuickBooks is always working to improve their system. I think some of the things I disliked at first were primarily me getting used to the system. If I could think of one thing, perhaps more information on using some of the reports. If you're not an accountant, which is probably most users, the reporting features can seem overwhelming. I would probably use more of those features if I understood them. Most of what I learned has been trial and error, calling support and finally signing up for a QuickBooks course. But, it is hard to take the time for the classes when I have so many other things to do, so perhaps a more intuitive approach for non-accountant novices?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was deterred by QuickBooks at first because of the cost, but since using QuickBooks I can see the value in the cost. The customer support is top notch and I can't count the number of times that they were on the phone with me for hours (that is not a typo) helping me to figure out my problem, or walk me through a new learning curve. I would strongly suggest taking the time to learn the basics of the system before you jump into set up and pay attention to how you set up your chart of accounts...details are important and trying to go back and add them in later can be done, but it is much easier to get ahead of it. Utilize customer support and the training options that are provided online...YouTube is also a great tool. And if you have time time, invest in the class!

Solved problems and benefits are pretty much one in the same. We have better organization. We have a better handle on our accounts, bills are being paid on time (which saves us money) and it makes the end of year tax prep so much easier and definitely less stressful!

QuickBooks Online review by User in Computer Software

"Quickbooks works like you need it to"

What do you like best?

Good user interface, easy to run reports, make invoices, complete reconciliations, etc. Like that there is an audit log that allows you to see which users made changes where. Makes it easy to trace what may have gone wrong during a reconciliation.

What do you dislike?

It's designed for non-accountants, so as an accountant sometimes the way things work seem illogical. Some of the features of bank reconciliations, for example, seem counter-intuitive. Also, searching for past journal entries and seeing them laid out is not very user friendly. If you do a lot of journal entries, this could be annoying. Also, a very annoying bug popping up lately is duplicate transactions importing from our synced bank account. Finding these can be a nightmare.

It's our main accounting software, so we keep track of all sales and expenses in Quickbooks. We do monthly reconciliations and have it linked to our bank accounts so it can be the central source of accurate financial information. It saves us time and is worth the $50/month.

QuickBooks Online review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great On The Go Bookkeeping"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks online makes it easy to track my transactions from anywhere. Plus they automatically receive my banking and credit card transactions which make it easy to double check and reconcile my accounts. It is great to be able to handle my business from the office or from my couch at home. There are so many great tools that are offered to help run your business. It is easy to learn and very user friendly. They are constantly updating the site and making it easier to use each time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often my bank accounts have issues connecting and syncing with the online service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks Online is a great tool for bookkeeping. My company uses it strictly for tracking and reporting expenses, but there is so much more available to you. It helps with invoicing, inventory control, and payroll too. Quickbooks can also be linked to all of your business banking accounts which makes it easy to track transactions and reconcile accounts. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a simple way to track the financials of their business. It is easy to learn and simple to use.

Being able to link to my accounts and access this information from anywhere makes it easy for me to do my job wherever I am. I am also able to ensure all transactions are accounted for because of the link to my bank account. This saves me time from chasing missing check stubs and receipts while reconciling my bank accounts each month.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Shirley P.</span>
Shirley P.

"QBOA"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online has created manageable workflows to simplify accounting processes. Alert, best user is in services oriented or private company sector.

What do you dislike?

Dislike inventory tracking and payroll functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, not recommend to store, inventory tracking, or even construction based groups. Functionality is still best served for maintaining good ledgers, like a checkbook. Other more operational functions, even for store register like POS system is not happening in online format. Integration with popular Square platform is convoluted still and only adds more bulk to accounting. Back to pluses, QBO is amazing for P&L, balance sheet, reporring tools, tax prep and I would urge for self employed workers to try QuickBooks Self-Employed online platform instead.

Primary data entry upload, software recognizes how to categorize much better than earlier versions pre-2010. Also, obvious cloud computing, remote access, easy to manage users, invoicing, credit card processing, receives all forms of payment, including ACH, Apple Pay. Love SOME integration with apps.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>John G.</span>
John G.

"Same old same old"

What do you like best?

As many of you, I have heard the name many many times before, but never had the pleasure of working with this software, and boy does it make its job. You can clearly see that they have been in the game for a long time and it is just easy to use and has many features that you never thought you needed but you do.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the price point, I understand the name weights a little bit and even the experience and time they been on the market but come on. I feel like they could improve their interface, I just felt like the software has been around for so long that it hasn't reinvented itself if that makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it, there are some similar options, but clearly the one that you may have occasionally heard of is the better option, It is recommended that you have at least some knowledge of accounting and how taxes work, if not then you'll probably feel dissatisfied.

It is so easy to keep a small business in order and hopefully far from bankruptcy, just by organizing everything in one place and my accountant is forever grateful I decided to implement this into my business. I feel like I need my accountant less and less and maybe I should consider giving him a pay cut. I love not having that much paperwork everywhere and having a backup in my computer as well as the cloud

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Mostly baked..."

What do you like best?

Ability to have multiple users log in and check information.

No need for a server.

No worries that when your desktop/laptop dies, your accounts will go with it to the electronic grave.

What do you dislike?

Does not have same reporting abilities, nor does it allow progress invoicing (in beta!).

It is still a growing product, so there are some issues with its depth. Should receive notifications when new or even beta products are added. Just found out while reviewing product a beta is available for something I have been waiting for...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the online version has ALL of your invoicing/reporting needs. Give it a try before you move over payroll/billing services as well as it is difficult to move those back (you will be on the phone a LONG time).

Multiple users looking at the data - with the desktop version someone has to run over to another person's desk/building to view anything or wait for the email with the report (which may not be what you were looking for in the first place!).

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Juan G.</span>
Juan G.

"Well.. So much for a well known name"

What do you like best?

I like that you can feel how it is a software that has been in the game for so long that it shows, how easy it is to use, the user interface, very good customer service etc. A lot of people are familiar with the name and maybe some have used some shape or form of this software, from school to some jobs. So you have that advantage that, as I did, people have at least the grasp on how it works and how to use it.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much not to like, it clearly does what it is intended to do. The thing that really bothers me is that it is very expensive, some sofwares that have similar or maybe even better interface are at a lower price point, so here as in many brands like apple, beats, samsung, etc you are buying, in part, the name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go with the old reliable, try to implement it and your accountant will forever be grateful, if you dont have an accountant then you will be happy you got this for your own sake

We used it to stay organized, having a medium size business can drive you crazy unless you are a very organized person and this definitely helps and works, my accountant is so happy we made the change to this software you cannot believe it. It is just so easy for him to do our taxes and paperwork that he should take a paycut.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>ISC I.</span>
ISC I.

"No Accouting Experience Required"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using this software because it allows me to manage my financials without the need for a private accountant or CPA. The program is easy to use, it manages my business account, helps send billing notices, and keeps track of money in and out, great for the end of the year taxes.

What do you dislike?

The cost can get high if you need more than the basics, and if you are not good with computers, it may take some time to learn. Also, some of the reports you can run are difficult to understand and can have information that is not relevant for your type of business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find that this program is very compentative with other similar programs. I would check with your website host, sometimes they have free account sofware you can use that may work just as well for the type of business you have. Secondly, if you go with quickbooks I think you will find that it serves a business that has more than 10 employees or has a lot of vendors.

The program was used significantly to send out payment reminders, keep track of services rendered. Also, it was helpful to also keep track of money in and money out and was easy to understand. It was simple to know where the money was going.

QuickBooks Online review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice
View Original

"Awesome for small business accounting AND payroll Unless you need support"

What do you like best?

We have used Quickbooks for our office accounting for years but just recently started using it for our payroll. It's so simple and affordable. However, we recently have had multiple problems with Quickbooks uploading and updating from our connected bank accounts. We have had to make multiple customer service calls and the problem gets fixed for a short period and then happens again.

They send you a ticket number and e-mail but we have found them unresponsive to e-mails. You are forced to call their call center and spend 30-45 minutes on the phone per call.

What do you dislike?

The lack of responsiveness to repeated, duplicated issues with bank updating and syncing to Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks truly is user friendly and they offer several online classes tailored to your level of experience. However, the only issue we've encountered (and it's worthy of consideration) is repeated, duplicate problems from Quickbooks not syncing with our bank accounts. Each time this happens, you are forced to call customer service and go through the same steps to fix said problem; to which you are assured that it shouldn't happen again.

Before we starting utilizing Quickbooks for our payroll needs, we had to manually enter and print checks every 2 weeks. Now we can use direct deposit and check printing for all of our employees. Quickbooks sends notifications when it's time to run the payroll and with a few clicks, it's done. It's so simple, I truly have a hard time believing it.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Paul F.</span>
Paul F.

"Great for our non-profit"

What do you like best?

The program is wonderful for our small non-profit organization. It is easy for our president, executive director and treasurer to access from their own homes. Although we would prefer the non-profit version we have been able to easily set it up to do what we want. If we run into an issue the help guides get us right through it.

As a non-profit we have non accounting volunteers in position to enter data into the QB online program. When they have a question about how to do it they can usually find the answer fairly quickly and easily with the help section.

What do you dislike?

We wish they had the non-profit version online. We liked the desktop non-profit version. When we switched to the online version we had to go with the business version. We had to get used to using for-profit terminology.

There were no places for us to put in donations. We had to mark them as a pledge instead of a donation.

We were also not happy that we couldn't integrate our membership collection software with Quick Books, but I guess we didn't really expect them to be integrated. Not a huge issue there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We really enjoy the program. If you are a non-profit you will have to change some of the accounts and get used to a change in terminology.

We use QuickBooks online to keep track of all our non-profit financials.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Simon W.</span>
Simon W.

"Very good starting platform for start up/home business."

What do you like best?

It is a product that is quick to go from purchase to actively running your finances. Syncing to e-commerce platforms and bank accounts is really quite pain free. It is very low cost.

We've recently evolved the business from its initial form as Rory & The Bean to a much wider scope as Made At TwentyTwo, and to scale some form of software support is absolutely vital. The cost is so negligible that you can adopt it with little risk.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to treat records en-masse. Bulk editing, reporting, any sort of power user features are really lacking. Simple transaction by transaction treatment is best. In fact, I find the mobile version better to use than the desktop version!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more of a business practice piece of advice. PayPal is easy to use, however I would recommend getting your card out any paying using that. When you link both your bank account up (Paypay transactions contain no detail) and Paypal (detail), it begins to look incredibly confusing inside Quickbooks.

Watch out when using something like Chrome. Its tendency to memory leak means that it can become incredibly laggy when trying to go and do large volumes of transactions. We swapped to Safari and everything suddenly became a whole lot better.

Absolutely no accounts management or ability to monitor cash flow very quickly resolved. A hell of a lot better than working on spreadsheet.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Michelle M.</span>
Michelle M.

"Bookkeeping In The Cloud Delivers Freedom"

What do you like best?

I have about 30 bookkeeping clients who are all over the United States. My assistant lives in a different state as well. There was a time I primarily offered bookkeeping services using only Quickbooks Desktop. With that setup there was all types of tech issues with client files/computers that often resulted in lost hours of work. I would have also never been able to have an assistant in the capacity that I do now. Having Quickbooks in the cloud makes things so much easier for me, the client and their tax preparer.

What do you dislike?

They tend to make changes/updates in the worst (busiest) time of the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a professional to set it up the correct way!

The bank feeds saves so much manual data entry. This allows me to do more in less time for clients. The bank fees also try to assign the payee names and account names. I can review the suggestions and quickly accept or reject them. (More time saved!)

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Cheryl D.</span>
Cheryl D.

"Does not support repeat, loyal customers!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, invoicing, layout, online payments

What do you dislike?

I called customer service and the woman was very friendly but would not offer any discount whatsoever even when I mentioned the 50% off stated. She said there are no discounts offered for repeat customers. I am the most upset with a company I have ever been. I will be moving my service over to a company who cares about their loyal customers. I was so happy with QB online but will now give it the 1-star rating it deserves for raising my annual rate from $199 to $240 to $375.00 in one year. That is a 60% increase per month and you should be ashamed of treating your customers this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch out for major price hikes. We are still using this company in the process of switching to another. This product is very easy to use, but is limited with the medium package even though the price point is higher than other companies who offer more features.

Reconciliation, reports, invoicing

"Quickbooks hits almost everything we need, but not great for larger finance teams"

What do you like best?

Pricing is very entry level compared to the other ERP's available.

Lots of automation available for credit cards and bank accounts to help with reconciliation

Uploading documents is easy so each transaction is self sufficient.

Monthly Journal Entry automation is a nice to have.

Audit logs are very helpful to see what happened when and by whom.

What do you dislike?

Multiple accounts for the same vendor is not possible (i.e. we have several credit cards with the same bank, can only sync one of the accounts).

Batch downloading and uploading receipts isn't available, would be very useful for us to sync our dropbox.

Cannot link receipts, always have to upload them.

Reconciliation could be smarter, I wish the software would give more feedback when things aren't possible (like a negative balance on our Accounts Receivable).

Some of the automatic categories are way off and don't carry over month over month.

Budget tracking is a little sub-par, would have been useful to have higher level categories and headcount help

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great if you have up to 2 accountants. Look into the automation functions with SalesForce, Bill.com and other tools -- it will save you lots of time later on.

We needed an accounting software, plus budget tracking, for our team. It was a huge help not to rely on a local database for our accounting.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>William J.</span>
William J.

"Getting it done with Quickbooks Online"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks is the easy way to run payroll and keep track of expenses for a small business. The platform itself is fairly simple to learn and use. It is nice to be in control and able to run payroll for your company no problem without having to wait for a third party.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like is for Quickbooks to update their site to be a tad more simple to navigate and aesthetically pleasing. It could freshen up the look and experience a little more.

When synced up properly Quickbooks online will give you the ins and outs of your spending. I enjoy not having to go through a payroll company and the constant reminder of payroll and taxes being due. Quickbooks holds you accountable.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"The industry standard, but not without issues"

What do you like best?

Being the industry standard for accounting and bookkeeping, there are lots of integrations available and almost every accountant or bookkeeper knows the software and can connect to your books remotely. The mobile apps are also quite good, and I use QB as my payment processor and payroll processor as well.

What do you dislike?

The Mac desktop app is glitchy, slow, and overall could be more responsive. I also find QBO to be pretty difficult to use and easy to get tripped up when using, but I'm not an accountant or bookkeeper and have found it's best to leave 90% of the usage of the application to the experts.

Invoicing, payroll, payment processing, and remote access for my accountant.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Chuck E.</span>
Chuck E.

"Good basic accounting"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up for accounting and non-accounting types. Decent integration with a lot of 3rd party applications. Lots of flexibility to correct entries and it does try to think for you, ie, prefilling entries. Financial statement formatting is awesome for the most part.

What do you dislike?

Too much flexibility can have its drawbacks in terms of accounting controls. Some features are missing in QBO that are in the desktop version. Cannot have multiple entities, for example, in one subscription. Applying credit card receipts or refunds can be very difficult, especially if you are a non-accountant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the plans carefully. You might be able to get by with a less expensive plan.

Basic bookkeeping and financial statements.

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator

"A great bookkeeping program for small/mid-size companies!"

What do you like best?

The program is intuitive, visually appealing, and has many different features. It is a great way to manage the finances of our small company. The invoicing is incredibly easy and it works with many other programs. I appreciate that I can send an emailed invoice and the customer can click a link to pay it.

What do you dislike?

It is quite expensive, but worth the price for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out all of the other programs that integrate with Quickbooks! As service providers, there are many programs that feed into Quickbooks that have made our lives easier. Namely, Service Titan. It communicates to Quickbooks seamlessly and we no longer have to manually reenter the invoices into Quickbooks. There are tons of different ways to get your money out of Quickbooks.

It allows us to track unpaid invoices easily and it is how we send invoices to customers. We also do payroll and taxes through the program. Our accountants use their side of the program as well.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Vince K.</span>
Vince K.

"Familiar and easy to use"

What do you like best?

We moved from QB desktop to QB Online and that was a great move for us. I like that all of the appropriate team members can view the needed account details from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The recurring billing functionality is poor. In the desktop version you could set up a recurring credit card transaction that would then be applied to the next invoice in line. Not so on QB Online. It gives you the option for a "sales receipt", but that doesn't help with applying the funds to invoices. I wish this was better.

Easy, consistent billing. The ability for our customers to pay online directly from the invoices we email is great and has helped speed up our receivables.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Tracy J.</span>
Tracy J.

"QBO making interaction between bookkeepers, clients and CPA's a cinch!"

What do you like best?

As a bookkeeper, I like the flexibility of being able to access my clients books from a distance and not have to be at their location to do so. QBD handcuffed you to a particular machine and the ability to log in from anywhere is a huge plus from QBO. I travel fairly extensively but my clients books can travel with me in my laptop!

What do you dislike?

There are some features missing from QBO such as the ability to import checks. This makes for extremely time consuming entries for clients who use one system to track their information and QBO for accounting and payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QBO is wonderful but you need to ensure the set up is completed properly and by an accountant or bookkeeper with experience. Users who have never used QB products in the past need to learn the quirks that QB has specifically regarding deposits and payroll. These are NOT intuitive features for the everyday business owner to grasp without some assistance.

With QBO, even the smallest business can have access to complete financials at an affordable price. By passing along my QBO Professional discount to them, I can offer something that other bookkeepers are not.

Ashley M.

"Quickbooks is a superior easy to use software"

What do you like best?

User friendly, easy to navigate, and hooks up easily to bank/credit card accounts, as well as any CRM. I also prefer the Online version vs the desktop because it is much easier to use. Also allows for easy management on the go when you download the QB’s app.

What do you dislike?

Must upgrade in order to set-up classifying. I will do this eventually, as the business grows.

QBO allows our business to easily track income and expenses, while accounting for assets, liabilities, with easy to use and understand reporting. Reports can be customized in so many different ways. We are a service based business, always on the go, and can manage almost everything from the app on my phone.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Erin G.</span>
Erin G.

"Super easy! "

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online makes it incredibly easy for us to operate our small business and keep track of our finances! Love how you can sync credit cards/debit cards and everything is compressed into one means of recording, aka: QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it's difficult to connect checks to invoices and you have to physically go in and match things, which can be hard when multiple have the same amount on them. Not being an accountant, sometimes matching up the numbers for QuickBooks and our banking can get kind of difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most def. worth the price!

QuickBooks Online makes it easy for our business to track expenses and put things into categories. We love the invoicing and use that regularly.

QuickBooks Online review by Administrator

"Quickbooks is good for our small company"

What do you like best?

I like that quickbooks sends digital invoices directly to clients. We can see when clients have received/viewed/paid their invoices.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more in-depth training format. For example, we connected our bank account but sometimes quickbooks automatically matches payments (or expenses) incorrectly which ends up confusing our books. We then have to manually go in and update some of those errors - a bit frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with other similar vendors that did not streamline the process as well as quickbooks. Quickbooks is definitely IN-DEPTH but some smaller businesses don't necessarily need all the functionality that it offers.

We do all of our invoicing and bookkeeping through quickbooks. We are able to send digital invoices and accept credit cards through quickbooks. We are also able to pay our independent contractors and keep track of their payments on quickbooks. With our bank connected - we can easily "categorize" expenses and charges.

QuickBooks Online review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Better than it used to be"

What do you like best?

QB Online allows all of our users to work simultaneously. Also, I really like that the bank and credit card transactions automatically pull in each night without any additional logging in/hassle. I’m excited about the APIS QBO has for linking with other apps.

What do you dislike?

Compared to QB desktop, it’s sometimes painfully obvious that QBO was designed by engineers instead of accountants. It also seems to be aimed at the small business owner instead of the accountant (eg a debit or credit is called an “increase or decrease”). Also, be warned that you CAN’T import your transaction rules from desktop to QBO. That was a painful discovery in our transition. Finally, this is a seemingly minor complaint, but the ledger format is too white and can’t be changed. It’s sometimes hard to look at all day instead of the contrasting lines of QB desktop. Overall however, QBO is better than it used to be, and for us, the pros outweigh the cons.

We decided to move from QB desktop to QB online when we added more bookkeepers in the accounting department. With desktop, it was too hard to transfer files back and forth between staff members without risking data. QBO solves that problem seamlessly.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Andrew Y.</span>
Andrew Y.

"Strong Accounting and Invoice Payment Tool"

What do you like best?

The best things about Quickbooks Online is the simple and clean user interface, the ease of submitting invoices, and the ability to use multiple accounting tools within this online platform. Quickbooks has been an industry standard for a long time now, and Quickbooks Online is definitely an improvement on the past product because you can use it anywhere and on any computer or device where you have internet access.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better mobile option that was cleaner and easier to use. It can get clunky and laggy at times, but it's still a decent tool for what it is. I'm glad there is a mobile option, but there are definitely more improvements to be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quickbooks Online will allow you to use Quickbooks wherever you are as long as you have internet access. It's a great tool and an improvement on access to the Quickbooks software tool. It's amazing!

The business problems I am solving with Quickbooks Online is being able process payments and invoices wherever I am working as long as I have a device that has internet access. That is the core function of the Online tool and that is the unlock that has been enabled by this tool.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Steven L.</span>
Steven L.

"So much better than desktop"

What do you like best?

This product gave us the flexibility to not be tied to a PC or Mac platform. We constantly had issues with PC hard drives crashing and loosing data. We owned QB desktop for PC and when we migrated to Apple, we were stuck with the accounting staying on a PC. This product solved that. WE can now log in and use the accounting software on our laptops.

This has given us the flexibility to access QB when we are on business trips, on location at events, and working remotely or in the office.

BEST thing - our CPA can log in, and no more sending them reports, and such, they can just log in do and do what they need to do and it makes things so much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Like most things I feel the biggest drawback was the conversion from desktop to online. The data did not all move over seamlessly. We did have to go in and correct how some things were reported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have them helming you set it up for your company and let them do the data transfer.

We wanted a more flexible software allowing us to migrate our accounting to our Apple computers and away from PCs that were being phased out in our office.

The biggest benefit we realized was the ability for our CPA to also be able to log in and we no longer have to send him monthly and qtly reports.

And, we no longer worry if one of our systems go down as the files are all stored in off site servers and we can access QB on any of our systems.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Sharon F.</span>
Sharon F.

"Access Quickbooks anywhere you have an internet connection"

What do you like best?

I like that they have different monthly plans for different needs, they have something for everyone. They can help you track your income and expenses to see if you need to cut back anywhere.

What do you dislike?

With any online program, it's reliant on your internet connection. When the internet goes down, you can't access your data through the online program and if that's all you have it can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a 30 day trial to see if you can utilize it in your business. What have you got to lose? You could try it out at the same time as your current program and see how they both compare.

Quickbooks is perfect for a small company or organization. It helps employees keep track of their hours easier and makes paying them easier too. It also helps keep track of our weekly tithes and offerings, along with our attendance.

QuickBooks Online review by <span>Shannon M.</span>
Shannon M.

"Great for invoicing purposes"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for this software. It makes importing and exporting invoices, sending invoices, and all other billing aspects a breeze. It is also very user friendly, easy to learn to use, and has helpful instructions and tips for usage along the way. It is also very low cost comparatively.

What do you dislike?

I think that some of the reports are limited in their scope, occasionally their server is down creating issues with your data not being created correctly and therefore throwing the numbers off. When the server is down you are stuck and have no way to get these issues taken care of until they are back up and running. The support is not always the best and is not always helpful when you call and need urgent assistance with an issue. Particularly when their servers are down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend this if you are a smaller company doing small amounts of billing and payroll and for any company that does not necessarily have a traditional accounting or financial department to carry out these tasks. Being able to log online and do these tasks simply is helpful and an individual can easily teach themselves how to navigate this program with little struggle. I recommend this also for companies that are constantly exporting financial information, because if you are, the occasional down servers could cause you a hassle and create more work for yourself as well has get incorrect reports.

When using QuickBooks Online you are generally solving accounting and payroll issues. The benefits are simplicity and ease of use for a company that does not have a traditional payroll or accounting department.

Ashley M.

"Getting things working properly has made my experience less-than-ideal."

What do you like best?

If it was simply plug-and-play, it would be super convenient. The only thing I really like about it is that my CPA likes it. Once I got everything set up, it seems mostly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything else. You can't delete an account, and you have to have one business per account. There's no option to have just one account with two businesses, so I have to have the Mac app installed and open, and then open a browser if I want to easily swap between the two accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be super sure you know what kind of account you need before signing up. Make sure your bank will connect with Self Employed, if you want to go that route. I couldn't, because my bank doesn't let them connect yet.

I've wasted so much time just trying to get my accountants into my account, deleting accounts accidentally created when there was a glitch on the page, and then just trying to figure out how to use the program.

On top of that, do some refreshers on accounting before you open this up and get into it. 8 years out of school is apparently enough to make me forget everything I learned about accounting.

Benefit: My CPA knows it and prefers I use it.

Problem: I need to track everything my businesses do and I need to report that to my CPA. This is the easiest way.