Quip

Quip is where you create, document, discuss, and organize the stuff that your team works on.

Work for Quip?

Gary G.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quip
Quip review by Elvira S.
Elvira S.

"QUIP. Mejora el trabajo colaborativo."

What do you like best?

Quip es simple y fácil de usar, además de que facilita la colaboración en grupo en un proyecto. Todos pueden editar y escribir un documento a la vez. La función de búsqueda también es muy útil para encontrar una archivos o documentos sin tener que revisar manualmente todos sus archivos.

What do you dislike?

En ocasiones tiende a colapsarse cuando se trabaja con documentos complejos como hojas de cálculo. Por lo demás no encuentro demasiados puntos negativos a mencionar en esta herramienta porque funciona bastanmte bien.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si en su vida personal o bien en el trabajo tiene la la necesidad de compartir documentos con múltiples usuarios y trata de encontrar la solución perfecta, entonces Quip es lo que necesita.

Quip combina un excelente procesador de textos y un sistema de mensajería, similar al principio de chat. Puede comenzar a comunicarse con compañeros, crear un documento y editarlo juntos, y todos verán el mismo texto y podrán realizar cambios. O puede crear un documento cerrado, trabajar en él durante un tiempo y luego, cuando todo esté listo, conceder el acceso a otros colegas. Además, mis colegas y yo podemos crear y editar tablas.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Quip review by Audrey C.
Audrey C.

"Useful, but slow and not good for lots of data"

What do you like best?

It's simple and easy to use, plus it makes group collaboration on a project much easier. Everyone can edit/write a document at once. I can't say specifics because my work is confidential, but it's also good for keeping confidential information to just share with certain people and it has good privacy filters. The search function is also very helpful for finding a key piece of information or a document without having to manually go through all of your files. The color coordination is also a nice extra feature.

What do you dislike?

It is easily overloaded and crashes often, and can't do very complex things like Excel can. You have to make a lot of archive documents to keep the system going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good, but you can't put too much information onto one quip document or it tends to crash, losing the data that you've just entered, which is frustrating. Other than that it's quick and easy to figure out.

It's much easier to keep documents organized and constantly updated, which makes our work more accurate. Voting and polls has also been very helpful, and all the little apps within quip and simple to use, plus helpful.

(Confidential information is hidden in screen shot)

Quip review by christina w.
christina w.

"Quip for Project Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Quip is a cloud-based project management and undertaking coordinated effort arrangement that assistance clients cooperate and impart without messages. Clients can make and alter spreadsheets, reports and agendas in the framework, and colleagues can talk and remark on records continuously. The arrangement is likewise accessible for on-introduce organization.

What do you dislike?

Integrations are complicated if even possible and it runs pretty slow.Quip requires the internet and regularly I overlook that I must be associated with spare changes. In spite of the fact that it can include spreadsheets, I don't utilize it much. Additionally, have seen when I duplicate glue code into code-obstructs, the stuck substance does not fit inside the default page-width, but rather makes a flat parchment bar inside the code-square.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip is extremely useful in regular living regarding work, family, companions or even to have associate at a business meeting. It likewise encourages you speak with your clients and make a faithful client shopper connection. Quip have numerous applications for project following, date-book, working with Salesforce records, or, in other words to investigate.

With Quip's team chat include, clients can make diverse chat rooms on various subjects, and there are exchange strings for each record. Clients can connect reports to chats, and the record will show up by the chat, so clients can chat and view archives on the double. Quip's errand list offers individual daily agendas, project breakthroughs and needs records and enables clients to confirm completed assignments. At the point when assignments are verified, other team individuals are consequently educated.

Quip review by Lili S.
Lili S.

"Quip is an interesting text editor "

What do you like best?

Features of Quip:

-Personal documents and folders.

-Common subdomain.

-History of editorial offices.

-Compatible work on documents.

-List of tasks.

-Chunt functions.

-Archive messages.

-General access to files or in a group.

- Invitation of guests.

-Electronic tables.

-Recovery of documents.

-Portal administration of the company.

-Protection from data leakage.

- Single sign-in: Google Apps, SAML, OneLogin, Okta.

-Access to Quip API and customization.

-Functions for audit and compliance.

-Export of documents is possible in PDF and Microsoft Office formats.

What do you dislike?

I found no shortcomings, excellent application. I will all recommend

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in everyday life and at work you often encounter the need to share documents with multiple users and try to find the perfect solution, then Quip is what you need.

Quip combines a convenient document editor and a messaging system, similar to the principle of chat. You can start communicating with colleagues, create a document and edit it together, and everyone will see the same text and be able to make changes. Or you can create a closed document, work on it for a while, and then, when everything is ready, grant access to it to other colleagues. Also, my colleagues and I can create and edit tables.

Quip review by Lida M.
Lida M.

"Creating documents and tables became easier with Quip"

What do you like best?

I like the program in my work. Using Quip, it became easy to create documents. Work on the tables is now possible in the team. There is a live chat, that allows you to jointly edit documents. This function helps your work and communication. Documents made in Quip will be synchronized in a single cloud where they can be quickly found.

What do you dislike?

I am pleased with the work of Quip and for a long time, I saw no minuses for me and my employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to make your work more productive and quality, then Quip will help you in this. With this service, you can much easier to create the tables or diagrams that you need to work.

The program allows us to create and work with tables so effectively. Most functions in Quip make our work easier and faster, for example:

1 Ability to see updates of the tables in real time;

2 The mobile application allows us to be aware of updates wherever we are;

3 Save documents in the cloud and easily search for them there;

4 Built-in chat allows you to remotely communicate and solve common problems, etc.

As you can see the program is really multifunctional.

Quip review by Oksi V.
Oksi V.

"Quip - the best text editor "

What do you like best?

The main feature of the Quip text editor is that it allows you to work on the same document at once to several online users. In this case, each user will be aware of those changes that others make.

The entire Quip workspace is divided into 3 sections: Notes (Inbox), Documents, and Chat. In the "Notes" section, the user creates text, connects one or more people through the "Documents" to evaluate and make edits, and finally, in the "Chat", discusses the adjustments. You can edit an existing document - it supports importing from Evernote, Google Drive and Dropbox

What do you dislike?

On the other hand, the opinion otoochnaya program, it helps me a lot. Its only drawback is the need for a stable connection to the Internet for collective editing, but you can also make edits yourself offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important and very significant plus of this application is its sharing. Several users can work, make any changes, and also offer interesting ideas regarding their overall project in real time

At work, I create text documents, and also I work with them on their colleagues. With the help of such technology, it becomes possible to significantly speed up the process of work, as well as be aware of what is happening. My colleagues always vkurse the edits that I make or someone else. In the chat, we discuss what can be changed. The program has an excellent interface and three sections: Notes, Documents and Chat

Quip review by Tyson D.
Tyson D.

"Control all your working projects."

What do you like best?

I like that space of consideration and cooperation in real time. I see how the work processes of our working group are cardinally changed due to dynamic instruments, tasks, spreadsheet or lists. I like it.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any bad problem with this solution. All my team is glad to work with it. Also, it is not hard to understand and deal with it at your working days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Quip is powerful software. Perfect for the new enterprise, developing spreadsheet and working with all working group. Also, I would say that all Quip functions, the absolute number of users and storage size. I guess you will have everything that you need.

Actually, I would like to say that we are very pleased with the Quip spreadsheets. Wonderful that anyone has access, the information is always considered in context, and the opportunity to conclude tables in documents basically changes all approach to our work.

Quip review by Aatif K.
Aatif K.

"Decent collaboration tool that doesn't overwhelm with features"

What do you like best?

Quip is simple. Perhaps too simple, but that's a good thing in my books. Unlike many other collaboration tools, Quip doesn't offer a feature overload, focusing on the essential instead. And that makes it one of the most user-friendly collaboration tools out there. Even when new features are announced, they aren't forced down users' throat, but hinted subtly and made available for use should you choose to take benefit of them.

What do you dislike?

It's perhaps a mundane thing and I might be the only one, but I fail to understand why Quip can't use a custom keyboard on the iOS mobile app. Because I prefer a third-party keyboard, and because Quip defaults to the native iOS keyboard and without autocorrect, I have never made as many mistakes in my whole life as I make using the Quip mobile app. Seriously, guys, I understand security and privacy might be at play here, but I'm not really taking down nuclear launch codes in my Quip app. Give me a break, please!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a no-nonsense collaboration solution that offers wonderful features for free, look no further. Quip is fantastic when it comes to collaboration on projects. The context sensitive toolbars are great, and with the introduction of apps, Quip has become even more useful than ever before. The spreadsheet function is rather basic but good for keeping track of progress and gantt charts.

Collaboration and real-time feedback on ideas. I've been using Quip for coordinating my freelance work with various blog publishers, and it's so easy to keep track of different projects. It's also been very helpful for invoicing.

Quip review by Nila K.
Nila K.

"Great tool for work"

What do you like best?

The main convenience of its use. Quip takes all your work in one place. I like dynamic documents. They change the whole approach to work. It is useful to communicate right where the materials of the project are edited.

Excellent version history, we always know who and what changed in the document.

What do you dislike?

Not great opportunities for export and import (a small number of supported formats).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple solution for co-operation with documents, try Quip. You should reconsider your approach to work and you will like the power and simplicity of Quip.

We began to spend less time for chating with our team and focused on work. Our team likes to work together in dynamic documents and tables. Working with them has become both more interesting and informative. We have two offices that are located remotely, so communication and collaboration are very important for us.

Quip review by Jesus C.
Jesus C.

"A hybrid of word processor with chat"

What do you like best?

It is a great document editor that includes a messaging service that is fantastic and its main attraction and usefulness is this, to be able to create a document and be able to edit it collaboratively although you can also create private documents. The shared documents can be seen by all the participants of the group and all can make adjustments in real time, which is a fantastic tool for work teams that need to work on the same document.

The interface is very intuitive, you go from the chat to the document with just moving your finger from left to right.

It is perfect to have your work documents in one place and ready to be edited by someone who needs it.

What do you dislike?

Although it is very useful as all applications have their defects that are:

It costs a bit at first to understand the editing tools of the files, it is not as intuitive as the chat and revision.

You must better manage the history of the versions.

Better editing tools to make the program more complete.

The backup is a little loose.

Add the ability to share folders and edit them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you need to have your documents in the cloud, sort them by work group and be able to chat with the members, this application is your answer, useful and intuitive, it will not cost you much to learn how to use it.

It is the answer when you need to edit files collectively and to be able to chat with the members without leaving the application, it allows you to create your groups of works and upload the related files so that their members edit them and you can communicate with them, it is fantastic.

Quip review by Manikanta K.
Manikanta K.

"Cloud Documentation Tool"

What do you like best?

One of the best documentation tools which I came across where we can store the document on the cloud and share the teams for review or even final updated version to share the policies of the organization to all the employees.Credit system for the referrals and new users. Enabling users to upgrade the plan through earned credits.

What do you dislike?

Storage Space is limited to the free user. Frequent hanging in the app and regular updates to reinstall the mobile and windows app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for the small and medium enterprises, start-ups, global teams, virtually connected teams, freelancers, writers, policymakers, document writers, any organization which required day to day tasks related to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel works

Quip is a one-time solution for the online documentation for the many projects teams such as Product and Project Management, Sales & Marketing, HR & People Management, Employee Management.

Quip review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"I am writing a review for an application called 'Quip'."

What do you like best?

What I like best about 'Quip' is that it allows me to import as many documents as I want. If needed, if I have a Word Document that I have stored on my PC/Laptop, I am able to transfer this over to 'Quip' which is installed on my Tablet.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this application because I feel that it has everything that anyone would want in this sort of application. Something that is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without doubt, this is by far the best application out there that involves Google Docs. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in that kind of stuff.

In our business, it is important that we use this application whenever we have work due in from our online documents, so as long as this application is installed on each and everyone's devices, there shouldn't be any problems.

Quip review by Arun K.
Arun K.

"Extended version of MS-Office"

What do you like best?

It has got all the possible options to write what ever you like.

What do you dislike?

The folder system and the left side pane which is clumsy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for people to collaborate & make note and proof read with comments.

Previously we used to find it very hard when we use different tools for Taking notes, putting tabular data, documenting and Tasks. Collaborating with all the people in the organization become much more difficult. But when we shifted to Quip it brought everything in one place. We used to do profiling for each person and it gave us flexibility to make note of everything at one place.

Overall its a best for any organization to handle things much better if they want to have a secured repository to store company data as well as a smooth collaboration between the people in the organization.

Quip review by Saniya R.
Saniya R.

"Easy tool for effective communication"

What do you like best?

Quip is extremely easy to use. There's unlimited free trial and great for text or media based collaboration. As compared to other instant messaging applications, Quip offers a much longer and better evaluation period. Sharing files, media and documents is also very easy and the messaging is also very fast. Messages can be sent and received instantly and this software doesn't even require a lot of internet data.

What do you dislike?

We can only write 180 characters in a text which is quite less for communication. Along with this, I don;t even like the text formatting of this software. The interface could be made a bit interactive and sophisticated. Also, uploading images on Quip is quite time consuming and the software's ability is quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip is a must have for teams. I would surely recommend this to people who work in teams or in a same department. This surely creates effective communication within a team thus increasing reliability, trust and efficiency. However, all positives aside, this software isn't recommended for high growth businesses as they require a lot of interaction

Being in the sales department, there is not only my head office that I have to keep in touch with, there's the regional office, my order bookers, riders and my entire team. Quip helps immensely in improving communication among all of us. Information relating to the market is readily available and steps can be taken to ensure product safety and quality.

Quip review by Anastasia W.
Anastasia W.

"Quip is one of my go-to apps"

What do you like best?

Quip is multi-platform. I can work on my documents anywhere at home, at office or mobile on the go. It is easy and seamless. Anytime an idea pops up or if I need to save a long information, I can just use Quip. It is a virtual notebook and journal for me. It also has formatting so I can type using the font that I like, make paragraphs, list, bullets, numbering, etc. according to what I need.

What do you dislike?

So far, I don't notice anything that I dislike from Quip. For a free app / service, I think it has almost all the features I need, and it is already ad-free. I think I need to further explore the features of Quip so I can give a better pros and cons view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please give it a try, you'll love it.

I think Quip makes my work more effective and efficient, because we can also collaborate on the app, even though I rarely use this feature. Quip is a very useful innovation and I hope this app will last long (I've seen a few other similar apps didn't survive the test of time). I can't think of any business problems that I have solved with Quip, but personally Quip has its benefits for me, because I can write and compile my to-do list, work, information and everything else I need to be solved at home and at work.

Quip review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"It's changed the way context is shared at my company"

What do you like best?

Shared folders and easy to understand shared space, notifications, collaborative edit, spreadsheets in docs, fast mobile experience, timeline-esque view of team activity

What do you dislike?

Very little - it's pretty sick. Integration with Trello would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient at first, the limited functionality is jarring — IMHO it's a feature, not a bug. Make sure to install the mobile app, not only is the mobile experience quite nice, the notifications are where some of the magic happens re collaboration.

I was a non-believer, but the most magical thing happened when I first saw "John Smith opened your doc" and "Jane Doe just created 'How to do xyz'". It's like Facebook-level timeline but for work, which had the effect of making my team interact with each other's work to a greater degree — we're on the same page more.

What looks like limited functionality is actually an important guardrail to decrease the cognitive load of making docs. In short, because there's only a few ways to compose a doc, it makes everyone more likely to document things because it will look good and standard. So better documentation now exists across my org because people are more willing to write.

Spreadsheets embedded in a doc is powerful — saved me a lot of time presenting stuff on projects and status of things because now the components of the presentation are sitting in the same area.

Commenting is good with @mention capabilities, but that's table stakes.

Highly highly recommend.

Quip review by Jairus J.
Jairus J.

"The Doc Killer"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use, efficient, and best of all, cross-platform. Quip really does it all.

What do you dislike?

Need online connection to print. No drag-and-drop. Also would be great to include powerpoint, features, and some other details I have already submitted in email to the Quip team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Do it. It will dramatically change the way you work, whether it is personally or with a team. The features provided seamlessly allow you to maximize your efficiency and you will find yourself on top of your work and in control of your work and personal life, as I have.

I use Quip for personal organization and making sure that the information I acquire from my job is up to date and correct in the documents I make. I can then use these updated documents and continue to evolve my workflow and content; I am able to make "short sheets" which basically summarize a certain physician's workflow when it comes to the EMR medical record system, and distribute it to newly hired employees that are familiar with the system but are unfamiliar with the physician workflow. Doing this allows the coworker to be able to read the core information necessary to understand and adapt to the way the physician works with the EMR and patients, without the extraneous details about the EMR they may already know,. Doing so allows the workflow that day to be extremely efficient, saves time, and provides a higher level of patient care.

In addition, I use Quip with my team at IPC Church. We are able to be extremely efficient in making documents, having them edited live, collaborate and discuss across documents and chats. We have dramatically reduced paper waste and every member of the team has slowly adopted Quip and have mobile apps designated on their phones. It is quite a turn of productivity and hints towards a more mobile and simplistic future when it comes to collaboration and technology.

Quip review by Neeraj H.
Neeraj H.

"Brilliant Productivity Tool for Note Taking & Collaboration"

What do you like best?

- The ability to write down neatly formatted notes which I can share easily and keep my team organized and prepared

- The ease with which I can create checklists.

- The app is literally my lifesaver as a product manager, as we can maintain living documents on there.

What do you dislike?

- The export to pdf function is a little buggy when you export code snippets. The formatting goes a little off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Quip without any inhibitions for any tasks that require team oriented planning around living documents. It is also a good enabler for personal planning and productivity. Team notes can be easily located and every one can stay up to date with the latest version of a document.

- Capture product requirements - allows doing so in a collaborative manner & keep documents live

- Capture team checklists - allows me to stay organized and productive

- Capture personal notes - allows me to free think, plan and structure thoughts

Quip review by Edmund T.
Edmund T.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

Simple, elegant design. Has the best best best copy and paste feature, auto detecting bullet points and transforming everything to a good quip format.

Support for quick heading, code, quotation. Awesome shortcuts

What do you dislike?

Come on, multi file/folder move/delete is essential. It can simply not be omitted like it's a small thing. Absolutely needed.

How about title has a different font size. Currently even a paragraph style can be in the title. Dun like that. I need all 3 header styles. In fact, make it 4! Would be better

Spreadsheet: better functionality, like cross table reference, more shortkeys, style cell more easily. I know it's a simple design, but if it's not sophisticated enough (when I need it to be), then Quip cannot be the only software I use for company info. And I'm tempted to use other platform coz they offer all-in-one solution (though uglier, slower, less user friendly).

Oh and how about the ability to add photos and documents (like all major cloud service)? Then I would really pay to use Quip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Light weight, collaborative software. But you will need other cloud service. No suitable to heavy user of spreadsheet and documents,

Not as sophisticated as u might be used to.

But give it a try, the collaborative feature and ease of use may help a lot of everyday business stuff

Business documents, draft, finance drafts, knowledge i acquired throughout business

Quip review by Marielys DL Angeles M.
Marielys DL Angeles M.

"A management tool that helps you create, organize and collaborate all kinds of documents, directed f"

What do you like best?

Quip is very useful in everyday life in terms of work, family, friends or even very used for business conference. It also helps you communicate with your customers and establish a loyal relationship between them. It is used mainly for the organization of my work and the effectiveness of my team in our organization since its main characteristic is the dynamic organization of its documentation and the possibility of having access to them from any location that allows a great saving of time for all .

What do you dislike?

The drawback that I see here is the lack of necessary unifications, in such software you should easily integrate very popular services to simplify your work process. The mobile application of the program does not always work as fast as it would be desirable. I also want this platform to be able to edit. The copy and paste function was not as reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it. Definitely, the more you use (give it two days), the more you appreciate it and how well it fits.

With Quip, we have achieved the desired productivity, collaboration with the work team exactly as it is designed. It is an experience centered on live documents with the ability to comment, discuss and update to achieve agreed results.

Quip review by Estefana K.
Estefana K.

"Perfect tools to work with."

What do you like best?

Every day i'm working on my folders, documents. I'm glad that now I can create chart easy and quicker. I really more concentrate on my work and have more free time to start work on new things.

What do you dislike?

I can't say something bad about that program. The good way to increase our company. I'm glad that I chose Quip. Our working days are really run very fast and productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software which has all of best. Very big helper to all your team. Good and fast ability to sharing with messaging. Very easy way to set up. And perfect tools to work with.

I'm really glad that I can easily communicate and work with all my working team. Now we feel like we are one part what makes our company increase. Big helper to all of us.

Quip review by Sloan Kilian M.
Sloan Kilian M.

"Quip is both Efficient and Fun for Document Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The collaboration capabilities of Quip are great, and the cloud-based storage is efficient as well. However, considering there are many programs out there that allow for document collaboration and cloud-based storage, the feature that sets Quip apart is it's "instant messenger"-like communication network and notifications. When working on a document you can literally carry on a convo with your co-workers within the document as if you were using Skype. Furthermore, when you are outside of the program, immediate desktop notifications come through on edits and/or messages if you have your settings adjusted to do so.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few kinks that need to be worked out with this program - I have faced a few crashes while using it, but fortunately, I did not lose any of my work. Also, since Microsoft Word is still predominately used in my organization, I would like if the formatting would remain more intact when xferring Quip docs to Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've found it difficult to get buy-in from our senior management and decision-makers, predominately because we are fully-signed on with Microsoft Office. However, I would highly recommend Quip for business that are not yet at this point and perhaps, just starting out because I find that it's pricing it more fair and the packages offered are much more flexible.

I am still trying to generate full adaption of Quip within my organization for all of our document collaboration, but for now, I have found Quip immensely helpful for meeting minutes, general note-taking and project management. My team of colleagues find it very usually for record keeping as we further develop our systems because it allows us to document our communications within our project agenda/outline.

Quip review by Collin C.
Collin C.

"Okay if it's your only collaboration app. Not worth switching if you're using anything else."

What do you like best?

Commenting is easy. There's a native app and a web app, so you can work online or offline. Attention to looking simple and friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sorry — ultimately, I get frustrated about something every time I open Quip.

Permissions: It's not possible to see a full list of what's been shared with me. Quip claims to be better than Drive/Docs because Drive still requires you to go to your email to see files that have been shared with you (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/quora/quip-founder-explains-why_b_9376358.html).

Notifications: If I know someone shared something with me several months ago, I need to search anyway. And if I'm searching, does it matter if that box is in Quip or my inbox? What if I don't remember the exact name of the file? Beyond 15 recent folders and files, Quip will just show notifications that mix sharing alerts with other updates and comments on other documents.

Utility: Anything I want to use Quip for, I feel I can do more effectively in Docs, Confluence, or even a Slack file. The most frustrating thing is the lack of a "home." There's no page for what I feel is "my stuff" that includes both my private documents and my shared documents. (If a document is shared directly instead of within a folder, it can be very difficult to find.) There's a "private" folder, but this is just the default spot for anything I create.

Editing: The editor is idiosyncratic and awkward in its minimalism. The spreadsheet functionality is poor. It isn't any better at collaborating than Docs or Slack, both of which have a much broader focus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a game plan for your shared folders, and know what you really need out of the product. I may be missing some wonderful features of Quip, but I feel its core features are outclassed by broader collaboration tools without offering many unique features of its own. I suppose I think Quip is much better when it's your first or only application for collaboration, and doesn't add much if you're already using a few tools like Slack, Confluence, Apps/Drive, or Dropbox... besides another account to set up during onboarding, and another place to check for documents.

We use it to keep notes for meetings and to collaborate on special projects. There are also some general reference documents for department policies.

Quip review by Millard C.
Millard C.

"Great interface for everyone "

What do you like best?

Every day I'm working with my team on combines documents, To making spreadsheets are quite easy and fast and of course, team chats in one space.Save time and make teams more hard working.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike.Good and simple way to develop the small company.I'm happy with Quip.I'm calm about because I see that we are doing well at work. I think it means a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very great software makes your team together and better, nice with sharing messaging, good solution creating and redaction in one maintain. Easy to set up. Great option for tools.

So wonderful work for all of us. Very helpful with developing tables. To ability to work with all my team members.Very nice with conversation and discussion about comments. All of this helps me to develop my team.

Quip review by Fabiola M.
Fabiola M.

"Using Quip is a Great Experience"

What do you like best?

The UX. Is clean, the colors, the way it looks organized. It's very intuitive and super easy to use. The comments section is very friendly.

What do you dislike?

No drag and drop. To have more flexibility when formatting font sizes and styles. It'll be great to be able to change font colors too. Formatting overall is one of the big areas of improvement for dev team. When working a lot in one document you'll see a lot of edits even if you added a single thing, the long list of history edits is something I don't need at that level of detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. There's an adjustment process and a learning curve for the heavy Google Drive users.

Great for collaboration when updating documents, we're mainly using Quip instead of Google Drive for all internal documents, SOPs, processes, checklists, minutes, etc.

Quip review by Nicoll E.
Nicoll E.

"Quip Is Collaboration "

What do you like best?

Quip is revolutionary in how we as a company collaborate and move deals through our pipeline. The dynamic apps we are able to use in each of the documents allows expression of complete thought without being overbearing

What do you dislike?

Quip is a great collaboration tool but when you want to open several documents simultaneously the resizing capability of the app needs some work. The windows open up but the margination is crappy, And use of indentations and other basic word pressing needs to be addressed

Quip allows for notetaking during internal and client facing meetings. We can tag the clients or coworkers in the document and assign deliverables. The documents are living and everyone will have the latest vs or the truth

Quip review by Jason R.
Jason R.

"Quip Review: Nice, but could be way better"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very simple and cross-platform (web, apps, etc.). Like the ability to share and collaborate with people. It is very linear and the organization of it is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Wish it let you have more design flexibility when using sheets, docs, and lists all in the same page. Also, there are no charts that can be implemented from data that is put into a sheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip is very similar to Google Docs and Sheets, but it is all in one place. You can also get similar results with Apple's Numbers and Pages too.

All in all, the software is pretty amazing. My challenges with it are small and nitpicky. I would definitely recommend it to clients and friends to use.

Organizing meetings, parties; really anything with lots of information.

Quip review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Great way to collaborate with team members on projects"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that the left side panel shows you the most recent changes, making it easier to know what was done most recently.

What do you dislike?

For a while there, I was receiving notifications that my colleague had made updates, but none were actually made. It has since stopped, but that was annoying and confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it on a private document to get a handle on all of the features and functions. It took me some time to figure out how to do various things, which was frustrating when trying to do it on a live document that was for collaboration.

It has been a great way to collaborate with my colleague when working on a long term project with multiple facets.

Quip review by Alyssa P.
Alyssa P.

"Quip Transformed Our Teams Communication"

What do you like best?

I love the collaborative aspect of Quip and the ease of involving multiple different people from different departments touching on one topic/project. Everyone can give feedback easily and efficiently using the "comment" feature or the chat function.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to change font colors for better ease of read; at the moment, the ability to bold, underline, italicize is fine but ability to change font color would be nice to have to encourage more organization within the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. This has transformed the way we all communicate in a great way.

Our team struggles with communication. Quip allows everyone to collaborate on a single idea and give their feedback from their point of view. It is pivotal to hear from all departments to ensure we are providing the best solution on an issue and/or project.

Quip review by Mir Vizarath A.
Mir Vizarath A.

"Best resource for sharing"

What do you like best?

- Ability to create folders

- Store docs

- Chat from the same application

- Integration with sfdc

- Simple interface

- Import various file types such as PDF's, excel, etc

- timestamps!

What do you dislike?

- Difficult to navigate at times

- does not maintain formatting at times when copied from a different file

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Connectivity via mobile app, UI and desktop ensures you don't miss a thing

- A complete history of edits including comments on a given doc, this way you know what has changed.

- Flexibility is amazing when compared to other products.

- Collaboration across various teams

- Solving complex issues all in one place

- Document and process repository, all in one place.

Quip review by Reinald F.
Reinald F.

"Simple yet powerful & great for collaboration "

What do you like best?

SImple UI limited to what is really useful yet very powerful with many document formats supported. Collaboration support is great too with comments and track changes. The product is simple to use and supported on many platform, including mobile.

What do you dislike?

Organising documents/files could be improved as it feels a bit rigid. Also more powerful formating tools would be great, especially for text documents (no easy way to do numbered titles for instance). WHile the simplicity is great due to limited formating/editing tools, having more flexibility would be a plus to create more elaborate documents (columns in text documents for instance).

Document collaboration and document syncing is a real plus. No need to email documents and check which version the team is using.

Quip review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"A "me too" app with nothing to offer"

What do you like best?

Nothing. There is nothing redeeming about this application and I wouldn't use it if we weren't forced to.

What do you dislike?

- Quip is constantly discarding/losing data. I suffer this often on a Windows machine (app or browser, doesn't matter), but other colleagues on Mac deal with this as well. Random sections of docs won't sync and will vanish, etc.

- Constant prioritization and shipping of useless features (type 1: into a document as if you're going to enter a timestamp, and observe the emoji typeahead) which themselves don't even work

- Garbage performance - slow, crashing, inexplicable inability to open documents (Android, especially)

- Search is not even usable.

- Notifications are dead ends. Click through? Good luck finding whatever the call to action was. Or remembering what the notification was about once you click it.

- What is the utility of the home screen/newsfeed? It is filled with updates in documents with "company wide" audience so mostly irrelevant. This clouds out documents I might care about. I also don't understand the value in seeing who opened/is working in which documents, even if the documents were relevant to me.

- Pricing: how on earth is this more expensive than some O365 tiers? For what?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid at all costs. Quit feeding startups like this.

We'd like to do real work with Quip, but instead it's basically a place where notes go to die.

Quip review by Keith G.
Keith G.

"Used for a Project - will use again if I can get team on board"

What do you like best?

The initial setup of the quip project sharing application went very smoothly, initial rollout involved only a handful of people but feedback was positive for us to potentially roll out or a larger future project.

What do you dislike?

I rolled out well for me is administrator but seem to be troublesome for users on multi-platform set ups in different areas of the country. A lot of that may have been my initial setup as I found it easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ensure that prior to making the decision to enforce use of any collaborative work platform, make sure to ease the full team into it by sharing the pros and cons of the platform first. In order to keep the detractors from knocking you off the rails early.

Collaborative work practices are critical to the success when managing a portfolio of projects and I think quip to help with that is on the right track

Quip review by Juliana V.
Juliana V.

"Okay if you don't have another alternative"

What do you like best?

I liked the integrated chat feature and some of the collab features. I also love the integration with Slack.

What do you dislike?

The interface was really awkward and there wasn't enough unique features for me to utilize it on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the integrations and do a trial run before jumping in to it. Test a few different collab solutions. This one is good, but it's still very raw. Keep in mind what you need in a tool like this.

I feel for businesses that don't utilize other expensive collab software and that use Slack as their main communication tool, this will work in saving time and pushing out document updates quickly, improving inter office communication.

Quip review by User

"Average app-Does what it says it does"

What do you like best?

I like Quip's ability to be HIPAA compliant. I don't worry about people trying to obtain my client's personal info when I'm messaging them. It is easy to find a message and the messages are deleted every 15 days or so.

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to send videos or pictures.

Also, I don't like that if you don't read a text, you will get a notification every 5 minutes.

It takes some time to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use for texting only and tell people in person that you are inviting them to quip. Make sure they accept your request in person or you will text them and obtain no response.

We are able to be Hipaa compliant when speaking to clients via text. Allows me to converse about a client in a private manner.

Quip review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Good Product that needs refinement and added features to be great"

What do you like best?

Instant collaboration is great! Conversations in site wide chat rooms, in a documents chat or on one specific word or section of document is great as well. Native support for Word, Excel and other documents helps out getting setup.

What do you dislike?

Needs better integration with Dropbox, Google Drive and others. No live linking is available, so if you update a document in your online storage it will not automatically update in QUIP, you also cannot send files back to these only storage services without tedious steps being taken. This would be a great addition. You CANNOT upload folders, only files. This is keeping us from fully integrating QUIP into our workflow because we have yet to find the time to recreate our file tree and move files over one folder at a time. No native support for PDF files. It converts them to JPG images... which can be slow and clunky and prevents copying and pasting from them unless you download them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

spend a day or two with a free trial and really dig in. Talk to customer service reps and get a good feel for all QUIP can do. It really is good software, just needs some improvements on functionality and compatibility.

For the projects we have started using it with it is beggining to improve our productivity and reduce the email clutter and confusion. With a few tweaks/feature additions QUIP could replace most of our internal emails and project organizing efforts. Until then it will just be used for a few projects we have running right now.

Quip review by Jason A.
Jason A.

"Great tool for working with others"

What do you like best?

Helps with integration, collaboration, and tasks. We use it to track notes and action items. We use it to manage our projects through requirement gathering and task assignment. We used it at Dreamforce to help keep all of our notes together. It is very functional on our mobile and workstation devices. Well integrated with Salesforce and with the workstation. We love how easy it is to use.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much not to like for a 3rd party vendor tool like this. If it had more Project Management features, that would be nice. If it could produce gantt charts and timelines, that would be a bit more effective for me, as well as a way to follow up on things a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get others on board and install the clients for the workstation and the mobile devices, and make sure to sign in to both. It helps the users to have it fully integrated from the beginning. Waiting to do it later will cause a lot of issues when its needed on a mobile device or on the workstation.

Project notes, document collaboration, shared files across companies. The tasks and resource assignments are great, and the working across teams really helps to make our projects easier to keep moving forward. Need to add words to this review so I can submit it. Hope I am almost done with these words. Yeah!!! I think I am!

Quip review by Benedict G.
Benedict G.

"Quick and Collaborative"

What do you like best?

Quip really helped our team collaborate more with our current Workflow documents which really changes a lot in just a week since we are still starting as a new team.

What do you dislike?

Right now since we are at an early stage of using the service, I can't seem to find any opportunity for improvements as of yet, but the longer we use it perhaps we can identify what other areas could be improved on.

Our team is supporting different GEO's which means half of the time work on different schedules, Quip bridges that time gap since we every time the night shifters edit a document by morning we can already see the revised documents and we can move on to the next.

Quip review by Mitchell S.
Mitchell S.

"Project Management Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The collaborative features, especially the chat function. Quip is the most useful app I have found to communicate across a variety of platforms

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Word/Excel documents aren't imported perfectly, but only on rare occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip can solve so many problems, it's hard to believe it's a free app.

Quip allows spontaneous, real-time collaboration in a distributed infrastructure. The chat and spreadsheet functionality, as well as the checklist creator, keep teams hummin g along at Internet speeds. We've used it for everything from real-time scheduling to project management using Gantt charts.

Quip review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Handy tool for collaborative writing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. There is nothing that Quip does that is revolutionary or groundbreaking, but, like the iPhone or a Mac, it just works. Collaboration through comments, review, approvals, etc. are very well done and extremely intuitive. It really cannot be beaten by other tools when you need to get others' input on your document. Setup could not be easier!

What do you dislike?

I worry about the security of documents sometimes. I also wish that the product had a sequential review process built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need super simple collaboration on documents, it is difficult to beat the tools in Quip. While I still use Microsoft Word for my primary text editor and Adobe InDesign for layouts, I trust Quip with collaborative content generation.

If you have access to SharePoint or if you are deep within the G-Suite/Google for Work tools, then you may want to stick with them, but if you are looking for a tool that will be your first foray into collaborative work, then get Quip.

Collaborative writing on documents.

Quip review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Enables seamless collaboration"

What do you like best?

Before Quip, we were sending files back and forth over chat and email. With Quip, dozens of people can edit the same document. It's a huge timesaver and makes things much easier.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish Quip would do differently is make a native Mac app, rather than just a web app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you start using Quip, please ask them to make a native Mac app.

Our department mostly uses Quip to quantify our accomplishments in certain areas, so it helps with reporting on productivity.

Quip review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Complete Document Sharing & Communication App for Small Business"

What do you like best?

The sharing of documents, PDFs, and Evernote items between contacts. It syncs quickly.

What do you dislike?

I didn't appreciate how contacts were automatically checked off to invite when logging into the IOS app. Some contacts that definitely would not be appropriate were checked and it would have been embarrassing if I hand not un-checked them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found that Quip fulfills my needs for an easy to use collaboration application with clients who are not going to spend the time learning a complicated program. It is being used by several people who I respect and trust. The fact that they have a no cost version for a small group is the perfect way to test it.

I really enjoy the Evernote integration (One of my top five applications of all time). It handles Microsoft Word files just fine.

There is nothing that I dislike about the application itself. Maybe I'll find some missing features as I fully integrate it into my business, but is is just fine for now.

I can fully recommend to at least try Quip so see if it has some benefit to your business.

I have started a relatively small consulting business for mostly lay people and I wanted a simple way to communicate and share information between in-person consultations.

Quip review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for Project Collaboration!"

What do you like best?

Before discovering Quip, my peers and I were constantly sending documents back and forth through email. It was easy to lose track of the latest document. With Quip, we were able to cut down our emails, and we can see what changes were made. It even sends you a notification when something has been updated. It’s easy to share your documents with others, or store them privately for yourself.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more documents were supported by Quip. You can’t upload keynote presentations, Numbers, or Pages documents. I’ve tried uploading PDF documents as well, but it just continues to load. It really only seems to work well with simple documents.

It makes sharing documents with others seamless. When there is a project, we can upload a list of tasks and ask others to sign up for the task in Quip.

Quip review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Quip is great for collaborating"

What do you like best?

One of the features I like are the templates. It is a great starting point for our documents.

I also like the ability to import from other applications, like dropbox, google drive, and evernote.

What do you dislike?

Quip only imports from Basecamp 2 at this time. We are currently using Basecamp 3.

It would be nice to be able to control the number of items in the Frequently Viewed list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the templates as a starting point for your team. It will help accelerate the user learning and increase participation.

We are trying to find a better way to keep everyone updated on various activities, like candidate tracking and product testing. Quip is helping reduce the need to request updates from individuals, because they are able to update the shared documents and we are able to see the updates that have been made.

Quip review by Ralfe P.
Ralfe P.

"A great tool for collaboration with team members as well as clients"

What do you like best?

Quip has great features for collaboration on documents. I love the discussion panel on the left which facilitates both a general chat about the document, but also contains contextual comments and discussions, as well as a document history. I also really appreciate the way you can mention collaborators in the document and in the discussion panel and they get notifications in the browser, or on the mobile app or on the native desktop app. It's a really useful, polished app which makes collaborating from across the globe on a single document feel like we are sitting around the same table.

What do you dislike?

The only small criticism I have is that the text formatting controls are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend migrating your old knowledge bases and documentation as soon as possible to enjoy the simplicity and power of the Quip system.

Our dev team has found that Quip is excellent for collaborating between ourselves, but also with the client. This allows us to organize the documentation, collaborate, share and review the documentation centrally, all using one application. It also integrates with Slack (the communications tool we use in-house), which just makes the process-flow that much smoother.

Quip review by Angela C.
Angela C.

"Great Product a lot of bugs, "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of sharing documents with people. The ease of use for the non-computer literate users.

What do you dislike?

The PDF image display at times is hard to read. Quip processes PDF as pictures and in the process it loses some of the readability factors. Particularly in documents that are written in size 9 font. The platform is not compatible with PPT and older word doc. It will not load the document. The company does not offer package deals for integration with slack users which would allow me to store the PPT and work collaborative. Slack lacks the visual ease of quip. Quip lacks slacks accessibility to different formats.

I also find quip structure to limit my ability to copy email addresses I have shared a document with to be able to share different documents with the same email list. Additionally it does not provide me information in a easy to access manner to document who I have shared what document with especially since I don't see the benefit of having every community member I share a document with join the team. This is especially cumbersome in determining what individual has been granted access to which document without taking the time to go and write down emails. It would be helpful to have a master access file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are seeking to share excel and word (.doc only recent software not compatible with older Microsoft documents. ) It is a happy mix of Google drive with a social media touch. Each user is given their own desktop that displays their documents and any documented shared with them. The documents update instantaneously. So working collaboratively participants can see updates in real time. You can reference documents by (@) someone similar to social media and have the availability to message individuals privately.

I am sharing research, best practices with domestic violence providers through the entire state. It is being utilized to share information and organize 30 member programs to advocate for change on social justice barriers experienced by victims of domestic violence in NJ. The platform has allowed me to store everything in one central place.

Quip review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Great tool for Collaboration"

What do you like best?

- Modern, intuitive, distraction-free user interface

- Works on any device

- Works offline

- Seamless team collaboration

What do you dislike?

- Folder management gets a bit clunky?

- Long titles for folders or documents

- Possibly a con, but also could be a pro -- the lack of tags, categories

- Once there are A LOT of documents, the universal search slows down much more. It was really fast at first

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it. It's like Evernote, but for teams.

This has replaced many other tools

- Team Wiki

- Engineering knowledge base

- Technical documentation

- Go-to place for stuff engineers need to collaborate on, that isn't code (GitHub) or tickets (JIRA)

We write technical design docs, feature brainstorms, interview question pools, various notes from meetings, etc all in Quip. It's really easy to collaborate. We used to use README.md Markdown files in GitHub, and this has replaced that because it's much faster.

Quip review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"It's amazing!"

What do you like best?

Everyone is always on the same page, we don't have to print out a bunch of paper that is going to get lost or can be viewed by people it shouldn't be. It syncs and is cloud based and there's even an app I use on my phone! It's so easy to use, it makes us feel like we're a huge important company when our staff meetings are 10 people or less.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I have not come across any problems using quip at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your coworkers are hard to pin down for any kind of meeting, this let's you go over everything you need to without being in the same place. Everyone can add to document from wherever they're at and it will sync everyone together. The app is easy to use too!

Staff meeting notes/minutes kept online where everyone can view at any time to add whatever they need to add.

Quip review by Kathy D.
Kathy D.

"God send for cross-department collaboration (and inter-team collaboration)"

What do you like best?

I love how quick and easy it is to create a document and share it with the appropriate people across my entire organization. I work in user experience, so I'm pretty judge-y when it comes to other tools - and Quip continues to exceed my expectations.

The improvements they've made recently to their spreadsheet capability has been fantastic - love the direction they are going!

What do you dislike?

I would like some customization options around typography and color (pretty please), and would love to see the spreadsheet option become more robust (thinking Excel capabilities such as drop-down lists, and more advanced formulas).

Would also like to see the capability for commenting on various parts of an image (think invisionapp) - sometimes I want to call out certain parts of a screenshot (or allow others to comment on designs that I've embedded in my document).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it .... they continually make leaps and bounds in product functionality.

Cross-team collaboration ... we can throw up a design document - share it with members of different departments (dev, QA, tech writing, Product Management, Support etc) to comment on. A single point and tool for collaboration has really saved a lot of time and potential headache's that come with trying to use a number of different tools!

Learn more about Quip

Quip Videos

Learning about Quip?

* We monitor all Quip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.