Quip

Quip is where you create, document, discuss, and organize the stuff that your team works on.

Work for Quip?

Learning about Quip?

Quip Reviews

Showing 620 Quip reviews
Quip review by Alice W.
Alice W.

"No great configuration is required to use, easy and didactic interface"

What do you like best?

I save time and money with this software, my sales have increased 23% in transactions in the last 14 months. It is easy and very didactic to use, it also adapts very well in synchronization with the Salesforce CRM tool that we have already used it in complement with Quip. My colleagues and I call it ALL IN ONE, because on one page we literally get the work of the whole team, forgetting about the past when we had everything separated and in turns, simply great

What do you dislike?

It does not allow to make very large spreadsheets because the software is congested, I would also like the chat application to be more interactive and less possessive, for everything else it is a great tool with excellent interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use a free trial and validate for yourself all the features, advantages and disadvantages that the software allows. You will be able to develop procedures and policies very easily from the beginning of the implementation, to part it will make your workday very simple and less tedious

The information flows much faster than before in combination with Salesforce CRM, apart from our marketing department acts in synchronization with sales and that is the best advantage we have so far. We are using Quip mainly because it was not recommended by a colleague from a new york subsidiary, for this reason we have managed to improve our processes by more than 30%

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quip
Quip review by Inga H.
Inga H.

"Great tool for product management"

What do you like best?

Formatting is very quick and easy. Text-heavy docs can be formatted to improve readability, which is very important for writing requirements. It is also great for collaboration - brainstorming and discussing ideas with larger teams works out really well in Quip.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the edit history - there is no version control and reverting changes gets really messy and confusing. I also wish there was a direct integration with jira so we could fetch ticket statuses.

I also find that using larger spreadsheets is a little clunky. Small spreadsheets look ok but it's pretty dfficult to work with large ones and it's hard to see the content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Significantly easier to use and manage than Google Docs. My recommendation for tech companies would be to use both Confluence and Quip - confluence for static pages/landing pages/resources/wikis and Quip for requirements/discussions/collaborations and general "living" documents.

As a Product Manager, I use it to write requirements and have documented brainstorming/planning with my offshore team. It's great for writing requirements because it works very well with text heavy docs and great for brainstorming because it allows us to record all of our ideas in one place and make quick edits if we need to. The ability to embed images is also a game changer for sessions like these.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Quip review by Michelle I.
Michelle I.

"I love Quip!"

What do you like best?

I like how everything updates in real-time. There are many moving pieces in my job and it allows everyone to have the most up-to-date information at a glance. I also like how easy it is to organize everything. It's so nice to have everything in easy-to-find folders.

What do you dislike?

I wish the chat functionality was a little more intuitive, like Slack or something like-minded. I also HATE how I have to extend the sidebar so I can switch to different sheets every time I want to go somewhere else. I wish that I could pin the sidebar to see my folders and favorites, without having to drag it. (I think this was a previous feature, but it disappeared with a recent update).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you favorite the sheets you use so you can quickly access them, especially if you have a lot of sheets like us.

We're solving collaboration. Again, there are so many moving parts so it's nice to have everyone on the same page.

Quip review by Simon H.
Simon H.

"A great tool for collaborative content authoring"

What do you like best?

Quip is quick and easy to use within teams of users. It requires very little training to get users up and running really quickly and allows us to easily work together on documents that would otherwise end up in emails. We also find that documents created in Quip have a far longer shelf life that static Word documents as they are continually revisited and updated by team members rather than getting lost on a file system.

What do you dislike?

The administrative capabilities within Quip leave quite a bit to be desired. The front-end user interface looks amazing, but the back-end looks like it comes from some 90's web site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool that you won't appreciate the power of until you start to use it in a real team environment. Then you will never look back.

We use Quip with internal staff, clients and external contractors. It allows us to work together to create content quickly without having dozens of different documents flying around in emails.

Quip review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"True Collaboration "

What do you like best?

Quip provides cloud-based word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, team communication, and task management all in one tool. Some of its top strengths are its sensible notification system, formatting simplicity, and real time collaboration. The ability to lock, and easily unlock with a record, has introduced a whole new level of version control. The ability to have free external guest access is also an important piece for our team. The notification to guests has significantly improved feedback results.

What do you dislike?

Quip's simple format options are perhaps a bit too simple. For one thing, it would be very helpful to be able to collapse sections of a document. Also, as helpful as their new Slides feature is, a minimal level of animations and transitions would be a great improvement. It isn't so much that Quip has unlikable features as it is that would benefit from some enhancements within its areas of general strength.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it with your team. Develop policies, procedures, and best practices from the start of implementation.

Quip has become our exclusive space for generating collaborative blueprint documents. It has also become our repository for policy and procedure documentation. In both cases, previously we passed multiple versions of static Word documents around or shifted between Google Docs and Sheets. Now we can create and revise them all in the same place, and all at once. It is saving us so much time and reducing confusion considerably.

Quip review by Shayla B.
Shayla B.

"SO easy to use and offers GREAT collaboration"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily access it to take notes and to be able to share/collaborate with my colleagues. We use it to manage our clients and with accounts transitioning between Client Success Managers or Account Executives, it is very helpful to have a running list of all notes taken on an account during the duration one had it. I am religious for using it as my main place to take ALL notes when I have my weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual calls/QBRs with a client. Right now we are going through a transition period and because I am religious for using Quip to document everything on my accounts, it makes it easier for the person to easily read up on the account once they have inherited it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike, however, I wish there was more editing capabilities such as additional highlight colors, different fonts I can use, etc. I like to make my documents stand out, so having more fonts, colors, different bullets and headings to use would be helpful as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it when you have different teams/departments that need to collaborate as it is a central location where you can house all of your information. Its much easier to use than the Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc.)!

Being able to collaborate with my colleagues in the past was a huge challenge. Things get lost in email or via IM, and having Quip there to have everything consolidated is very helpful.

Quip review by Carla M.
Carla M.

"Quip has taken collaboration between teams to another level!"

What do you like best?

Knowledge sharing between trips for projects has been amazing, everything is in one live document that you can share to new team members making it easy to catch up with historical data.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more robust gant chart app

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing product, I love that is has features like checklists, countdonw clock for projects, project management, salesforce records and even a chat function! It makes live documents incredibly dynamic and FUN! Who doesn't want to add a little bit of fun to our daily work life?

Team Collaboration and Project Management. We use this for a Pardot implementation that has been extremely challenging due to consulting partner turnover. It has been incredibly helpful to have all the history of the project in one place that we can share with new project members as well as all the tasks that have been completed or are still pending.

Our Marketing team has been able to collaborate like never before with our SalesOps team and information flows rapidly when needed.

Quip review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Quip has changed the way we collaborate at work and home"

What do you like best?

-Quip allows the transparency to share with a group what everybody is working on, but allows people to look at only things they're interested in, on their own time

-Being able to comment in-line anywhere in the document is a game-changer. Time can be spent on actual content and not the logistics of navigating through a document.

-I'm able to collaborate with friends and family for house projects and trips away from work.

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes functionality can be limited and you have to work within the confines of the app.

-The desktop app is sluggish and overall a terrible experience. Use in-browser or on mobile is a must.

-Enterprise security settings and poor centralized user management are causing issues within the greater organization to adopt quip for use with confidential information.

-Team calendars

-Meeting planning & notes

-Communication with large groups without email

-Maintaining transparency for group working on global project with large project team

-Project organization and multitasking (by multiple users in the same document)

Quip review by Nolan N.
Nolan N.

"Good for collaboration"

What do you like best?

The streaming document service in general is very effective, and basically solves the problem of managing versions of documents. The interface is clean and non-intrusive, and load times are decent. The search function does what it needs to do (which is harder for a lot of business applications than it sounds!)

Overall, using Quip is pleasant. It doesn't feel like it gets in the way.

What do you dislike?

Some of the applets are convenient, but can get too in-between for comfort. For example, there is a spreadsheet plugin which has some good features--but those features often incline users to take it to levels where an attached, dedicated spreadsheet might be more appropriate.

The overall file structure defaults to "chaotic" unless you are very, very careful to diligently store everything in well-placed folders. This is aesthetically upsetting, but Quip's search feature makes up for it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use strictly for documents and see how well that works before taking on too many additional file formats. Works well in combination with a dedicated file storage and management system.

Real-time document collaboration and version control are practically solved by Quip, to the point where remote work is much, much easier, with much lower barriers.

Quip review by Harper H.
Harper H.

"Great collaboration tool, helps keep teams and company aligned. Also fun to use!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Quip gives me insight into the work and progress of other teams at my company. We have invested heavily in the usage of Quip as a business, and this means that it's really easy to get a peek into other departments and specific projects to see how they are proceeding. Even better that we can create lots of different types of documents within it, and inter-linking docs as well as organizing things creates a high level of continuity between important resources.

What do you dislike?

The text editor can be finnicky at times in the way it chooses to apply or not apply formatting to certain sections of a document. There's also a lot of functionality packed into the editor, so sometimes specific tools or widgets are hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for cross-department collaboration and transparency. Easy to organize lots of documents via folders, favorites, and anchor links.

Transparency across departments, eases communication by allowing different teams to seek answers from documentation instead of requiring direct communication (saves time on both sides). Live feed of active projects via the "updates" page lets you keep a finger on the company pulse. Doesn't silo individuals documents behind specific emails or accounts, so when someone leaves the company we don't lose their documents a la Google Docs.

Quip review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"Early Quip adoption was key to our practice success"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that Quip is on a regular release schedule with Salesforce now and the app continues to get better and better both from a collaborative document standpoint and integration with Salesforce.

In the beginning the spreadsheet function wasn't great and had a long way to go, but it has truly come a long way with all of its functionality and continues to get better.

I LOVE the new Quip Slides feature, its definitely not as robust as power point, but the ability to put not only our content and decks in one place but documentation, project management, etc has been key to our success.

Previously we were using various Microsoft documents and collaborative folders to keep track of things but Quip has helped that in a huge way.

What do you dislike?

I think the lack of live apps is a detriment, its a huge feature of the platform, and definitely needs more partners in this realm.

Managing multiple logins has been always problematic. I have two Quip logins, one personal and one business (enterprise level), and its almost impossible to switch between the two easily.

Notifications also do not seem to be timely, but that may just be our own network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip has grown exponentially since the acquisition by Salesforce in 2016, and with that comes new and improved features at a rapid pace. I would suggest at minimum trialing quip for both yourself and your business (theres a free version too!), and upgrade when necessary. Please make sure to read the editions carefully as some higher end platform integrations are not included in the lower packages.

Better document management, all in one place for our project management documents, customer facing documents (project documents), and sales slides

Quip review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Quip for Collaborative Work"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of truly collaborative document construction. In my line of work as an instructional designer, i need to regularly collaborate with stakeholders in an iterative process. Quip's organization and features allow me to shape the process as well as allow it to be shaped by key voices, and tracking any and all changes that occur is an easy process, even in very large documents. I have used over 10 such tools in the past 5 years, and none come close to Quip.

What do you dislike?

There is very little not to like about Quip. One potential downside is the lack of being able to store a PDF or doc in their original state. I realize the system isn't really designed for this, but it would be excellent to have that added functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Quip for any collaborative work you have, it is excellent as well for minor project management.

My team uses Quip as an internal knowledge base for policies and procedures, and to collaborate with outside stakeholders. Both uses have been phenomenal as we are able to communicate in specific contexts without losing the birds-eye view of the big picture. The team is on the same page and able to maintain better communication.

Quip review by Spencer B.
Spencer B.

"Quip brings the company together and keeps my notes in the one spot."

What do you like best?

The ease of use of sharing notes with my team members. I appreciate the ability to easily compile my notes in a familiar format (something like google drive or mac note apps), and giving me a way to easily format my thoughts and notes.

What do you dislike?

The SalesForce record add-on. There are too many field types that can't be brought in without much explanation of why. We utilize the SalesForce record add on quite a bit, so being limited to what we can do in terms of fields we bring in really limits the amount of value that portion of the tool provides for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is perfect for large scale operations or companies with employees spread across the map. It makes it very simple for a user to get their notes written down and share with others. Great from a Executive, Manager, and end user level.

It is the internal source for Customer notes, Internal processes, spreadsheets, etc. used by our Company.

Quip review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Not sure how I lived without it"

What do you like best?

I love the way Quip can pull all types of documents together. I can have a countdown for a project due date, a spreadsheet of attendees, and a checklist of tasks for all. AND then can share with all involved for their feedback.

What do you dislike?

I think search functionality could be better as well as the invite email that goes out to when I first invite somebody to collaborate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to explore all the features AND make sure of the templates available. Don't have to start most dox from scratch.

I use Quip to collaborate with clients about upcoming due dates, share a Mutual Plan for closing a new opportunity, share documents with each other. I use it internally to share all notes/dox/etc. with my delivery team. And I use it personally for planning a wedding, planning a trip, and other research types of events.

Quip review by Elvira S.
Elvira S.

"QUIP. Mejora el trabajo colaborativo."

What do you like best?

Quip es simple y fácil de usar, además de que facilita la colaboración en grupo en un proyecto. Todos pueden editar y escribir un documento a la vez. La función de búsqueda también es muy útil para encontrar una archivos o documentos sin tener que revisar manualmente todos sus archivos.

What do you dislike?

En ocasiones tiende a colapsarse cuando se trabaja con documentos complejos como hojas de cálculo. Por lo demás no encuentro demasiados puntos negativos a mencionar en esta herramienta porque funciona bastanmte bien.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si en su vida personal o bien en el trabajo tiene la la necesidad de compartir documentos con múltiples usuarios y trata de encontrar la solución perfecta, entonces Quip es lo que necesita.

Quip combina un excelente procesador de textos y un sistema de mensajería, similar al principio de chat. Puede comenzar a comunicarse con compañeros, crear un documento y editarlo juntos, y todos verán el mismo texto y podrán realizar cambios. O puede crear un documento cerrado, trabajar en él durante un tiempo y luego, cuando todo esté listo, conceder el acceso a otros colegas. Además, mis colegas y yo podemos crear y editar tablas.

Quip review by Audrey C.
Audrey C.

"Useful, but slow and not good for lots of data"

What do you like best?

It's simple and easy to use, plus it makes group collaboration on a project much easier. Everyone can edit/write a document at once. I can't say specifics because my work is confidential, but it's also good for keeping confidential information to just share with certain people and it has good privacy filters. The search function is also very helpful for finding a key piece of information or a document without having to manually go through all of your files. The color coordination is also a nice extra feature.

What do you dislike?

It is easily overloaded and crashes often, and can't do very complex things like Excel can. You have to make a lot of archive documents to keep the system going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good, but you can't put too much information onto one quip document or it tends to crash, losing the data that you've just entered, which is frustrating. Other than that it's quick and easy to figure out.

It's much easier to keep documents organized and constantly updated, which makes our work more accurate. Voting and polls has also been very helpful, and all the little apps within quip and simple to use, plus helpful.

(Confidential information is hidden in screen shot)

Quip review by Marielys DL Angeles M.
Marielys DL Angeles M.

"A management tool that helps you create, organize and collaborate all kinds of documents, directed f"

What do you like best?

Quip is very useful in everyday life in terms of work, family, friends or even very used for business conference. It also helps you communicate with your customers and establish a loyal relationship between them. It is used mainly for the organization of my work and the effectiveness of my team in our organization since its main characteristic is the dynamic organization of its documentation and the possibility of having access to them from any location that allows a great saving of time for all .

What do you dislike?

The drawback that I see here is the lack of necessary unifications, in such software you should easily integrate very popular services to simplify your work process. The mobile application of the program does not always work as fast as it would be desirable. I also want this platform to be able to edit. The copy and paste function was not as reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it. Definitely, the more you use (give it two days), the more you appreciate it and how well it fits.

With Quip, we have achieved the desired productivity, collaboration with the work team exactly as it is designed. It is an experience centered on live documents with the ability to comment, discuss and update to achieve agreed results.

Quip review by christina w.
christina w.

"Quip for Project Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Quip is a cloud-based project management and undertaking coordinated effort arrangement that assistance clients cooperate and impart without messages. Clients can make and alter spreadsheets, reports and agendas in the framework, and colleagues can talk and remark on records continuously. The arrangement is likewise accessible for on-introduce organization.

What do you dislike?

Integrations are complicated if even possible and it runs pretty slow.Quip requires the internet and regularly I overlook that I must be associated with spare changes. In spite of the fact that it can include spreadsheets, I don't utilize it much. Additionally, have seen when I duplicate glue code into code-obstructs, the stuck substance does not fit inside the default page-width, but rather makes a flat parchment bar inside the code-square.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip is extremely useful in regular living regarding work, family, companions or even to have associate at a business meeting. It likewise encourages you speak with your clients and make a faithful client shopper connection. Quip have numerous applications for project following, date-book, working with Salesforce records, or, in other words to investigate.

With Quip's team chat include, clients can make diverse chat rooms on various subjects, and there are exchange strings for each record. Clients can connect reports to chats, and the record will show up by the chat, so clients can chat and view archives on the double. Quip's errand list offers individual daily agendas, project breakthroughs and needs records and enables clients to confirm completed assignments. At the point when assignments are verified, other team individuals are consequently educated.

Quip review by Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.

"Best way to keep information organized and stored! "

What do you like best?

I love how simple Quip is to use. Colors, folders, and tools like spreadsheets and checklists make this an awesome solution for storing information that is important and/or accessed often. Not only do I use this at work, but I also use it for my personal life!

What do you dislike?

There are occasionally some minorly frustrating formatting issues within documents, but nothing very notable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly suggested! You won't go back to using anything else.

Quip has helped us to keep better records of business systems, rules, guidelines, etc across all areas of the company. Important client information, steps on how to create a shipping label, how to train a new employee... all of these can be found in our "Library" of info that we store in Quip.

Quip review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"The best productivity software"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is very well organized, that it has enough space to be able to score without limitations.

A clean and solid interface allows the use of the program without difficulties.

What do you dislike?

I do not find detail that I do not like the program because it allows to use it in an adequate way without problem with the constant updates that they publish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From the beginning it will be easy and intuitive with a lot of accessibility without presenting any inconvenience to the learning process, that journey will be quick.

Previously it was demanded of several tools to reach the objective the use of additional resources made difficult its use, but now with only this program we have the same result.

Quip review by Rebecca E.
Rebecca E.

"Great for Staying on the Same Page as Your Team!"

What do you like best?

With Quip, it makes adding, commenting, and editing fast, easy and convenient. You can customize your avatar as well as create private folders that others don't need access to.

What do you dislike?

It can be glitchy - and several times it will require a software reboot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's similar to Google Drive but has a bit more of a friendly user interface. Though it may not exactly be built for photo or multimedia file sharing, it's excellent for the administrative side of things such as excel sheets and to-do lists.

With Quip, our team can constantly keep everyone on the team in the loop. The benefits I've realized have been how the platform is extremely user-friendly as well as making documents easy to find.

Quip review by Lili S.
Lili S.

"Quip is an interesting text editor "

What do you like best?

Features of Quip:

-Personal documents and folders.

-Common subdomain.

-History of editorial offices.

-Compatible work on documents.

-List of tasks.

-Chunt functions.

-Archive messages.

-General access to files or in a group.

- Invitation of guests.

-Electronic tables.

-Recovery of documents.

-Portal administration of the company.

-Protection from data leakage.

- Single sign-in: Google Apps, SAML, OneLogin, Okta.

-Access to Quip API and customization.

-Functions for audit and compliance.

-Export of documents is possible in PDF and Microsoft Office formats.

What do you dislike?

I found no shortcomings, excellent application. I will all recommend

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in everyday life and at work you often encounter the need to share documents with multiple users and try to find the perfect solution, then Quip is what you need.

Quip combines a convenient document editor and a messaging system, similar to the principle of chat. You can start communicating with colleagues, create a document and edit it together, and everyone will see the same text and be able to make changes. Or you can create a closed document, work on it for a while, and then, when everything is ready, grant access to it to other colleagues. Also, my colleagues and I can create and edit tables.

Quip review by Lida M.
Lida M.

"Creating documents and tables became easier with Quip"

What do you like best?

I like the program in my work. Using Quip, it became easy to create documents. Work on the tables is now possible in the team. There is a live chat, that allows you to jointly edit documents. This function helps your work and communication. Documents made in Quip will be synchronized in a single cloud where they can be quickly found.

What do you dislike?

I am pleased with the work of Quip and for a long time, I saw no minuses for me and my employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to make your work more productive and quality, then Quip will help you in this. With this service, you can much easier to create the tables or diagrams that you need to work.

The program allows us to create and work with tables so effectively. Most functions in Quip make our work easier and faster, for example:

1 Ability to see updates of the tables in real time;

2 The mobile application allows us to be aware of updates wherever we are;

3 Save documents in the cloud and easily search for them there;

4 Built-in chat allows you to remotely communicate and solve common problems, etc.

As you can see the program is really multifunctional.

Quip review by Oksi V.
Oksi V.

"Quip - the best text editor "

What do you like best?

The main feature of the Quip text editor is that it allows you to work on the same document at once to several online users. In this case, each user will be aware of those changes that others make.

The entire Quip workspace is divided into 3 sections: Notes (Inbox), Documents, and Chat. In the "Notes" section, the user creates text, connects one or more people through the "Documents" to evaluate and make edits, and finally, in the "Chat", discusses the adjustments. You can edit an existing document - it supports importing from Evernote, Google Drive and Dropbox

What do you dislike?

On the other hand, the opinion otoochnaya program, it helps me a lot. Its only drawback is the need for a stable connection to the Internet for collective editing, but you can also make edits yourself offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important and very significant plus of this application is its sharing. Several users can work, make any changes, and also offer interesting ideas regarding their overall project in real time

At work, I create text documents, and also I work with them on their colleagues. With the help of such technology, it becomes possible to significantly speed up the process of work, as well as be aware of what is happening. My colleagues always vkurse the edits that I make or someone else. In the chat, we discuss what can be changed. The program has an excellent interface and three sections: Notes, Documents and Chat

Quip review by Tyson D.
Tyson D.

"Control all your working projects."

What do you like best?

I like that space of consideration and cooperation in real time. I see how the work processes of our working group are cardinally changed due to dynamic instruments, tasks, spreadsheet or lists. I like it.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any bad problem with this solution. All my team is glad to work with it. Also, it is not hard to understand and deal with it at your working days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Quip is powerful software. Perfect for the new enterprise, developing spreadsheet and working with all working group. Also, I would say that all Quip functions, the absolute number of users and storage size. I guess you will have everything that you need.

Actually, I would like to say that we are very pleased with the Quip spreadsheets. Wonderful that anyone has access, the information is always considered in context, and the opportunity to conclude tables in documents basically changes all approach to our work.

Quip review by CARLA A.
CARLA A.

"QUIO TRABAJO EN EQUIPO"

What do you like best?

1.- La plataforma combina documentos, chat, hojas de cálculos, todas integradas para facilitar el proceso.

2.- el trabajo en equipo es su fuerte, ya que al integrar múltiples tareas, con múltiples usuarios, agiliza el desarrollo de ideas y colaboración de varios de los involucrados.

3. se pueden crear plantillas, documentos que se encuentran en disposición de todos

4. Los documentos de Quip envían notificaciones personalizables para la actividad importante, y desde el mismo se pueden ejecutar

5. Se puede acceder, modificar o añadir información a los documentos registrados, donde y desde donde se quiera.

6. se puede establecer permisos entre grupos, así privatizar documentos.

7. Se puede registrar información, incluso sin conexión, ya que genera sincronización automática.

What do you dislike?

Se debe tener un mínimo de conocimiento de aplicaciones para iniciar a usarla.

Recommendations to others considering the product

herramienta eficaz para la gestión empresarial, útil para el trabajo en equipo

- Integridad de los datos.

- Combinación de ideas de múltiples usuarios.

- Trabaja en la nube, es muy confiable.

- Las hojas de calculos son modernas y practicas.

- Las aplicaciones móviles para Android mantienen unido a su equipo sin importar donde esté.

Quip review by Ian W.
Ian W.

"A great way to keep our work group connected and on task"

What do you like best?

Quip has a neat and organized design with well-spaced menu items and panels. The basic chat functionality is very sleek with helpful slash commands, emojis and notification features. The foundation of Quip is very powerful since it allows us to attach numerous add-ons like Kanban boards and calendars to help plan and manage specific types of projects. There are add-ons for creative projects, employee trips, candidate tracking and more.

What do you dislike?

It's hard for me to find many shortcomings about Quip. I know that seems hard to believe, but I've explored several other collaboration platforms and found Quip to have easier access to more features. However, I think the chat rooms can probably use some more productivity features that are found in Slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like flexibility and versatility, I think Quip is a great way to go for collaboration. Once you check out all the add-ons, you'll see how capable Quip is. Even if you don't use any add-ons as they are, Quip is flexible enough for you to modify the add-ons to your needs.

Quip helps to bring our team together in a central location regardless of where we're at or what our schedules are. We can always check in to the boards, workflows and pipelines to see how activities are going and what others tasks still need to be done. Specifically, Quip has probably been the most helpful to us for getting press releases written and approved.

Quip review by Patricia B.
Patricia B.

"efficiency and innovation for collaboration and communication"

What do you like best?

allows teams to create, edit, discuss, manage projects and organize the work of their team from any device, through the combination of documents, spreadsheets, chat and other aspects that lead to a high level of collaboration and communication team In one single place. It is a great option because after it, we can organize contents in shared folders, easily link to any document and as something that I consider magnificent, highlight parts of a document and add comments.

What do you dislike?

Its cost can be very high and unattractive for large companies due to what is required to pay per month per person. From this point of view the big companies would be limited to its implementation, however, when using it and seeing the great advantages it offers us, they would undoubtedly implement it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

is a tool that I can recommend to any small or large company as it is an efficient and innovative option for collaboration and communication because it allows to optimize time and increase productivity thanks to its ability to interact.

With Quip we have been able to solve different problems and have left us great benefits that have strengthened the company, all thanks to the fact that it has helped us to be more connected and to be more productive and innovative. In my work group we used it and it helped us to be more productive. It also allowed us to organize our work in a more coherent way in a single place where everyone had visibility and access. Quip has also been an application to edit text in a collaborative way that has allowed us as users not only have a text editor on your iPhone, iPad or Android, but also collaborate with several users, and edit documents even without internet connection .

Quip review by Aatif K.
Aatif K.

"Decent collaboration tool that doesn't overwhelm with features"

What do you like best?

Quip is simple. Perhaps too simple, but that's a good thing in my books. Unlike many other collaboration tools, Quip doesn't offer a feature overload, focusing on the essential instead. And that makes it one of the most user-friendly collaboration tools out there. Even when new features are announced, they aren't forced down users' throat, but hinted subtly and made available for use should you choose to take benefit of them.

What do you dislike?

It's perhaps a mundane thing and I might be the only one, but I fail to understand why Quip can't use a custom keyboard on the iOS mobile app. Because I prefer a third-party keyboard, and because Quip defaults to the native iOS keyboard and without autocorrect, I have never made as many mistakes in my whole life as I make using the Quip mobile app. Seriously, guys, I understand security and privacy might be at play here, but I'm not really taking down nuclear launch codes in my Quip app. Give me a break, please!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a no-nonsense collaboration solution that offers wonderful features for free, look no further. Quip is fantastic when it comes to collaboration on projects. The context sensitive toolbars are great, and with the introduction of apps, Quip has become even more useful than ever before. The spreadsheet function is rather basic but good for keeping track of progress and gantt charts.

Collaboration and real-time feedback on ideas. I've been using Quip for coordinating my freelance work with various blog publishers, and it's so easy to keep track of different projects. It's also been very helpful for invoicing.

Quip review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"Quip, the different approach to stand out from others"

What do you like best?

Thank you Bret Taylor I would like to tell others that, their one objective for a business is time efficient and effective and that why I recommend Quip, Quip makes it happen for its easy Integrated Content Collaboration (ICC), Its capability of a group to share and edit document spreadsheet within a time frame instead of individual edits it of first use and it cuts cost.

What do you dislike?

I don't prefer Quip free for unlimited personal use, because the good part is sharing with a company or group has limits. Therefore using Quip with a company or group, your document edits and messages frequency is your group's usage

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you hustle creating and share documents for your company you fail to know Quip exist to help you move forward. Take your chance to work with Quip it helps me a lot.

Thank you all.

Share spreadsheets for edit in my company when we research as officers would be in the fields it becomes easy to create a report over the day with easy.

Quip review by Nila K.
Nila K.

"Great tool for work"

What do you like best?

The main convenience of its use. Quip takes all your work in one place. I like dynamic documents. They change the whole approach to work. It is useful to communicate right where the materials of the project are edited.

Excellent version history, we always know who and what changed in the document.

What do you dislike?

Not great opportunities for export and import (a small number of supported formats).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple solution for co-operation with documents, try Quip. You should reconsider your approach to work and you will like the power and simplicity of Quip.

We began to spend less time for chating with our team and focused on work. Our team likes to work together in dynamic documents and tables. Working with them has become both more interesting and informative. We have two offices that are located remotely, so communication and collaboration are very important for us.

Quip review by Kirstie E.
Kirstie E.

"A "Quip" Review"

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a stress-free solution to keep lists and other casual information synced on all your devices without having to deal with various cloud tools or file management systems, Quip is definitely worth your while. As far as text editing goes, Quip delivers essential capabilities mostly: you can create paragraphs, headlines of various sizes, or bulleted, numbered, and checkbox lists. In addition, you get to insert images, spreadsheets, mentions, comments, links, or code blocks.

What do you dislike?

The editing functions offered by Quip are quite limited. The Quip desktop client fails to emulate some capabilities offered by the web console when dealing with contacts or importing and uploading files to and from other cloud services. As a result, under certain circumstances you will still have to use Quip's web interface. if you are planning to work with large teams, manage numerous contacts, and want to produce complex documentation files, you might find yourself needing additional software on top of what Quip has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows us to work offline, in a group, enables you to keep your team members connected and offers you the possibility to collaboratively work on the same file, without losing track of all the modifications.

Quip review by Jesus C.
Jesus C.

"A hybrid of word processor with chat"

What do you like best?

It is a great document editor that includes a messaging service that is fantastic and its main attraction and usefulness is this, to be able to create a document and be able to edit it collaboratively although you can also create private documents. The shared documents can be seen by all the participants of the group and all can make adjustments in real time, which is a fantastic tool for work teams that need to work on the same document.

The interface is very intuitive, you go from the chat to the document with just moving your finger from left to right.

It is perfect to have your work documents in one place and ready to be edited by someone who needs it.

What do you dislike?

Although it is very useful as all applications have their defects that are:

It costs a bit at first to understand the editing tools of the files, it is not as intuitive as the chat and revision.

You must better manage the history of the versions.

Better editing tools to make the program more complete.

The backup is a little loose.

Add the ability to share folders and edit them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you need to have your documents in the cloud, sort them by work group and be able to chat with the members, this application is your answer, useful and intuitive, it will not cost you much to learn how to use it.

It is the answer when you need to edit files collectively and to be able to chat with the members without leaving the application, it allows you to create your groups of works and upload the related files so that their members edit them and you can communicate with them, it is fantastic.

Quip review by Susana R.
Susana R.

"Quip to collaborate in the department"

What do you like best?

Quip is very fast and easy to use within my team. It is a perfect tool to collaborate, rains of ideas and discussions are examples of activities that we do in harmony in Quip. The organization within the application is fast and functional, everything is automatically updated and each member can visualize each piece. Within the collaboration tools we have used, Quip is the easiest to use without having a prior training. The text editor, the spreadsheet and the presentations provided by Quip are great, they are all located in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Using extensive documents, whether text or spreadsheets, can be complicated. Viewing the content in this type of files is difficult because the window does not allow to enlarge the image adequately. Chat is not the best thing that Quip has, I would like a better interface for these windows and that they have a more intuitive interface. In presentations it would be useful to have at least some transitions or animations to make it more striking, like Prexi presentations or similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended Quip, great manager and collaboration tool.

Quip is our space to generate collaborations in real time in the team. We also use it as a document repository so that anyone can access it quickly from both the desktop and your mobile. With these functions we have saved a lot of time in the intricate folder system of a traditional system and this improves the daily productivity of the whole team and each element.

Quip review by Bridget B.
Bridget B.

"Product Management efficiently managed and true collaboration."

What do you like best?

It gives cloud-based word processor, spreadsheet, introduction, group correspondence, and undertaking the board across the board instrument. A portion of its best qualities are its reasonable warning framework, organizing straightforwardness, and constant cooperation. The capacity to bolt, and effectively open with a record, has presented an unheard of dimension of variant control. The capacity to have free outside visitor get to is likewise a critical piece for our group. The warning to visitors has altogether improved input results. I adore that I can without much of a stretch access it to take notes and to almost certainly share/team up with my associates. We use it to deal with our customers and with records changing between Client Success Managers or Account Executives, it is useful to have a running rundown of all notes considered amid the length one had it

What do you dislike?

The word processor can be finnicky now and again in the manner in which it applies or not have any significant bearing arranging to specific areas of a report. There's additionally a ton of usefulness pressed into the supervisor, so some of the time explicit devices or gadgets are elusive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Quip for any community oriented work you have, it is brilliant also for minor undertaking the executives. This apparatus is ideal for extensive scale tasks or organizations with workers spread over the guide. It makes it basic for a client to get their notes recorded and share with others. Extraordinary from an Executive, Manager, and end client level. Set aside the opportunity to investigate every one of the highlights AND ensure the formats accessible. Try not to need to begin most dox starting with no outside help.

Straightforwardness crosswise over divisions, facilitates correspondence by enabling diverse groups to look for answers from documentation as opposed to requiring direct correspondence (spares time on the two sides). Live feed of dynamic undertakings through the "refreshes" page gives you a chance to stay with a finger on the beat. Doesn't storehouse people records behind explicit messages or records, so when somebody leaves the organization we don't lose their archives. Better record the board, across the board place for our task the board archives, client confronting reports (venture reports), and deals slides. For the most part, the group is in agreement and ready to keep up better correspondence.

Quip review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Quip Review "

What do you like best?

I like in Quip how easy it is to reference other documents / systems. For example adding Salesforce Records / PDFs / Lucidchart diagrams. It makes working as a team very easy.

What do you dislike?

I feel like quip is missing some basic features in Spreadsheets and also inserting images is very hard to move around and put in the correct location.

I feel like the notifications should be a lot more configurable as it makes the list very messy and not very neat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend other people using quip if they want the ease of collab on projects/spreadsheets so that is easy for every to see what's going on.

The ease of collab inside the company. I find it very easy to work alongside my colleagues on a project as there is in a in-built chat function that we use along side we can @ people on cetain spreadsheets/Documents/PowerPoints.

I try and use a quip document for every project that we do so it is very lear and easy for everyone to see whats going on / whats going to happen. This allows ease for my other team members to pick up where somone else has left the current state of the project.

Quip review by Paula Q.
Paula Q.

"The easiest and coolest collaborative tool"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to learn how to use it, and to share information with both internal or external users. I love that you can have in the same document a table, a project tracker, a calendar, a text section, etc. It's awesome!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like really. Well, to say something, I would improve their Slides capabilities. At this moment I prefer Google Slides just for this type of document.

We have reduced the number of emails to a minimum, and since all comments or edits are done in the same place, it's really easy to collaborate with anyone, both internal or external users (clients on projects, for instance).

Quip review by TIMOTHY M.
TIMOTHY M.

"Try Quip for Documents and Team Communication "

What do you like best?

In our Institution Quip is being used for our day to day task and communication.

I personally use it to keep track of documentation, meeting minutes, to do lists and collaborate with other core workers who I work with.

The software has an easy to use interface and also allows for sharing of documents. it is easy to sync changes and keep people updated about the changes and revision.

Sharing and collaboration. Quip is a good collaborative tool. It allows co-workers to work in the same document at the same time thus saving time. It also allows us to easily share files to the different departments in real time.

Mobility. I like the Quip mobile app which i mostly use when am out of office. It is possible to do all what i would have done using descktop with nthe mobile app

It a secure tool in that i can choose the specific people i wnat to share files with , this is eapecially the financial sensitive matters which i would not wish to fall in the wrong hands. With it the document can never land to unwanted third parties.

What do you dislike?

The search feature though powerfull it needs some fine tuning. I would also recommend for more templates and font customization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip is a good option especially in situations where teamwork is required and people working on the same document simultaniously. It realible and easy to use. Go for it.

We are using Quip for Documentation and Commucation across all the institution departments.

Quip review by User

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to work with my colleagues in a streamlined and seamless manner. The tool is consistently being updated and its ability to create new pages and notes is very easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the editing of text can be very buggy. The ability to move files around should incorporate a drag and drop feature. instead it is done through a menu that takes some time to accomplish when moving multiple documents to different folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Collaborate with extreme ease using this tool. Have the ability to work with multiple users on one document and chat at the same time. Quip allows for a streamlined workspace that everyone can be invited to and utilize at the same time,. Restrictions can also be made to allow specific people to edit your document or presentation. Quip also has the feature to create powerpoint styled presentation and create excel-styled tables within your document.

Collaboration on important documents. Quip has allowed us to work together in a very efficient and cooperative manner.

Quip review by Jay R.
Jay R.

"Quip in Higher Education Teaching & Learning"

What do you like best?

Quip speaks to how we work NOW! It makes use of mobile technologies and doesn't rely on outdated models that were developed for PCs decades ago.

What do you dislike?

There's no easy way to automatically generate users and assign groups to folders. Everything has to be done manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this product a try! If you go in with an open mind, you will be amazed at how it can transform all different areas of your work. This is truly a game-changing computer/mobile application that can streamline your business processes and significantly raise the level of engagement among your staff/users.

We were looking for an entirely new way to engage our students, especially in online courses, and Quip has provided it. We are now meeting our students where they are, allowing them to chat, get notified, and collaborate the way they want to and not the way that MS Office has forced us to for decades.

Quip review by Nazli A.
Nazli A.

"Great tool for course management"

What do you like best?

I like how Quip so easily accessible from a lot of platforms and simple to add to, with no formatting issues.

What do you dislike?

The default notification settings are not enough for me. When I create a document myself, I'd like to be alerted to edits to it. If I am not mentioned with @ , I do not get notified, unless I manually set it to do so. Also, old chats do not show up on the sidebar, I need to remember the name of the person and search for it by name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I first used it for my Online class, then implemented to my regular face-to-face classes. I recommend it to all my colleagues because of the flexibility and simplicity of it.

I am a faculty member and use Quip as the main platform to share course documents with students. It has been so much smoother than using BlackBoard. Ease of creating, posting stuff and accessing it has been phenomenal. Students are also more active in responding to stuff.

Quip review by Manikanta K.
Manikanta K.

"Cloud Documentation Tool"

What do you like best?

One of the best documentation tools which I came across where we can store the document on the cloud and share the teams for review or even final updated version to share the policies of the organization to all the employees.Credit system for the referrals and new users. Enabling users to upgrade the plan through earned credits.

What do you dislike?

Storage Space is limited to the free user. Frequent hanging in the app and regular updates to reinstall the mobile and windows app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for the small and medium enterprises, start-ups, global teams, virtually connected teams, freelancers, writers, policymakers, document writers, any organization which required day to day tasks related to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel works

Quip is a one-time solution for the online documentation for the many projects teams such as Product and Project Management, Sales & Marketing, HR & People Management, Employee Management.

Quip review by Chathuri J.
Chathuri J.

"A useful tool to collaborate with your team mates"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Quip is its well-thought features It possesses. All the necessary information that the team members should know such as recent updates, appointed tasks can be viewed easily. It was very easy working with quip as some of the team members of my team lived far away from each other. We could not only work on our parts but also view the current progress and comment and suggest on them via the chat. We could maintain a different folders for different tasks and ensure the orderliness as well. Quip is well-designed with all the necessary features to collaborate with distant members.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning, it was somewhat difficult to get used to the user interface. I had to spend some time to identify what each feature is used for and how to use them. So, it is better if the user-interface becomes more user-friendly. Apart from that, I couldn't find any negative aspects of Quip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reliable method to manage your team projects, Quip is a very useful tool for that. It makes Collaboration with your team mates easier a great deal.

If your team members are from different locations and hard to gather very often, Quip is a very useful solution to that issue. Also, if you want to discuss about some modifications or any other matter relevant to your project, Quip has provided the chat feature to make this easy. We can draw the attention of a specific member as well, by mentioning him/her. Further, it is very easy to allocate tasks for members as well

Quip review by jennifer h.
jennifer h.

"Good consolidation tool"

What do you like best?

It feels like a catch-all. We've used it to upload docs (for training purposes), spreadsheets for monitoring bonus qualifiers, attendance, and other stats because it's so easy to get this information to other people. We've eliminated using Slack for quick messages because the chats are instant and easy to use. This is becoming our default program and we'll definitely be keeping this around long-term. I love that we don't have to send out mass emails anymore - sending quick messages into a forum-like page has eliminated a lot of unnecessary team meetings and emails/waiting for responses to emails.

What do you dislike?

We don't love the notification system, it seems as if there may be a better way to get push notifications on a mobile device. I personally haven't tried a mobile app for this program, but this may be something that could be fixed just by downloading an app (if available). You have to have your phone ringer on and the site pulled up in your mobile browser in order to hear a notification of a new message or doc share. Don't see this as a huge drawback - we do most of our communications through a desktop/laptop anyway - and who knows, this could be a nonissue for app-users! Will definitely have to explore that option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! So easy to use.

We were coming from a program that had virtually zero customer service available, whereas Quip has more available help forums, and a customer service line which has made the little problems so much less of a big deal.

Quip review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Quip Review"

What do you like best?

What I really like about Quip is the variety of things you can do, from creating checklists to excel sheets, as well as creating folders and being able to have one location where your whole team can access these files. It has been really convenient and useful because there are so many different things within the Quip suite that you are able to use.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is the lag time in updates, when I am using quip docs to work on a document together with coworkers, the latency of actually seeing the changes they make is more than 5 seconds, which is a long time when it should be real-time changes. It causes us to step on each others toes and makes it time consuming to fix that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not necessarily the best for editing documents together, but great for one collocated area for documents!

With Quip, it becomes one aggregated place where the whole team can access files and edit files to add their preferences or be able to collect data from members on the team. It becomes easier to take surveys or create logs, and just provides aggregation of data.

Quip review by Yvette M.
Yvette M.

"Quip Shared Workspace"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ability to collaborate with peers on ongoing projects by tagging them in notes. You're able to track changes to documents as well, and the mobile app is great for when you're on the road.

What do you dislike?

Unless you're using the mobile app, the notifications that someone is trying to communicate with you (tagged you) are slow - 30 mins to a few hours after the comments were made.

I'm not crazy about how everything is organized. I wish there were an easy way to visually chain documents together when viewing folder contents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a slightly more sophisticated version of Google Drive. You can plug in apps to extend funcitonality.

Team collaboration. We have an international team that needs to update each other throughout the sales cycle, from prospecting to project implementation. It's nice to be able to read notes, ask questions and get answers.

Quip review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"I am writing a review for an application called 'Quip'."

What do you like best?

What I like best about 'Quip' is that it allows me to import as many documents as I want. If needed, if I have a Word Document that I have stored on my PC/Laptop, I am able to transfer this over to 'Quip' which is installed on my Tablet.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this application because I feel that it has everything that anyone would want in this sort of application. Something that is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without doubt, this is by far the best application out there that involves Google Docs. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in that kind of stuff.

In our business, it is important that we use this application whenever we have work due in from our online documents, so as long as this application is installed on each and everyone's devices, there shouldn't be any problems.

Quip review by Arun K.
Arun K.

"Extended version of MS-Office"

What do you like best?

It has got all the possible options to write what ever you like.

What do you dislike?

The folder system and the left side pane which is clumsy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for people to collaborate & make note and proof read with comments.

Previously we used to find it very hard when we use different tools for Taking notes, putting tabular data, documenting and Tasks. Collaborating with all the people in the organization become much more difficult. But when we shifted to Quip it brought everything in one place. We used to do profiling for each person and it gave us flexibility to make note of everything at one place.

Overall its a best for any organization to handle things much better if they want to have a secured repository to store company data as well as a smooth collaboration between the people in the organization.

Quip review by User

"best"

What do you like best?

it is very efficient and does what it says it would do.

What do you dislike?

it is kind of expensive, when you have to use it it will cost quite a lot for you to get it. also it could be very stingy a times like when you are in a rush it would take for ever before it works like you want tit to. also this could be a problem but it doesnt let you go to wat you want with out pop ups popping ou. that is very annoying if you have a task you want to acomplishe it would take for ever before it would let you do it. the pop ups are honestly the most annoying thing about this progranm. however it is the only thing i dont like about the site otherwwise it is fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would 1 hundred percent recommend this product because it really does what it says it will do and also it is very efficient and convientent. I honestly just love this product I would and will go on and on about it it is just so nice and very fast to use. i really would love or enjoy if they sponsered me in a way. this product has made my job from work to something way more fun.

well for my business I must look kept and good, so quip helps my teeth in that way. it really works and is very good.

Quip review by Misbah A.
Misbah A.

"eQuip yourselves!"

What do you like best?

The ability to share it with a group, make changes on the go with each member of the group contributing so as to finish to project/ achieve a goal. Team communication is an important to reach your goals and Quip does a wonderful job of doing this with the integrated chat, no need to write emails wait for the other person to read it, the in house chat is really effective.

What do you dislike?

The spreadsheets can be more streamlined to work with, data from one document can be linked to some piece of data in another document thereby making a database simple and easy to explore and access. The chat feature is the best and more features will definitely appreciated. Keep up the good work!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please give it a try, it is a handy team collaboration tool. While creating documentation the chat feature really helped me out.

When you work in a team and complete projects together it is important that updates be made easily and being able to convey those is very important. Be it day to day issues or a new project involving a new product launch , we use Quip to stay ahead of our goals and improve our presentations.

Learn more about Quip

Quip Videos

Learning about Quip?

* We monitor all Quip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.