Quip

Quip is where you create, document, discuss, and organize the stuff that your team works on.

Work for Quip?

Learning about Quip?

Quip Reviews

Ask Quip a Question
Showing 364 Quip reviews
Quip review by <span>Aatif K.</span>
Aatif K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Quip is simple. Perhaps too simple, but that's a good thing in my books. Unlike many other collaboration tools, Quip doesn't offer a feature overload, focusing on the essential instead. And that makes it one of the most user-friendly collaboration tools out there. Even when new features are announced, they aren't forced down users' throat, but hinted subtly and made available for use should you choose to take benefit of them.

What do you dislike?

It's perhaps a mundane thing and I might be the only one, but I fail to understand why Quip can't use a custom keyboard on the iOS mobile app. Because I prefer a third-party keyboard, and because Quip defaults to the native iOS keyboard and without autocorrect, I have never made as many mistakes in my whole life as I make using the Quip mobile app. Seriously, guys, I understand security and privacy might be at play here, but I'm not really taking down nuclear launch codes in my Quip app. Give me a break, please!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a no-nonsense collaboration solution that offers wonderful features for free, look no further. Quip is fantastic when it comes to collaboration on projects. The context sensitive toolbars are great, and with the introduction of apps, Quip has become even more useful than ever before. The spreadsheet function is rather basic but good for keeping track of progress and gantt charts.

Collaboration and real-time feedback on ideas. I've been using Quip for coordinating my freelance work with various blog publishers, and it's so easy to keep track of different projects. It's also been very helpful for invoicing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quip
Quip review by <span>Lili S.</span>
Lili S.

Quip is an interesting text editor

What do you like best?

Features of Quip:

-Personal documents and folders.

-Common subdomain.

-History of editorial offices.

-Compatible work on documents.

-List of tasks.

-Chunt functions.

-Archive messages.

-General access to files or in a group.

- Invitation of guests.

-Electronic tables.

-Recovery of documents.

-Portal administration of the company.

-Protection from data leakage.

- Single sign-in: Google Apps, SAML, OneLogin, Okta.

-Access to Quip API and customization.

-Functions for audit and compliance.

-Export of documents is possible in PDF and Microsoft Office formats.

What do you dislike?

I found no shortcomings, excellent application. I will all recommend

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in everyday life and at work you often encounter the need to share documents with multiple users and try to find the perfect solution, then Quip is what you need.

Quip combines a convenient document editor and a messaging system, similar to the principle of chat. You can start communicating with colleagues, create a document and edit it together, and everyone will see the same text and be able to make changes. Or you can create a closed document, work on it for a while, and then, when everything is ready, grant access to it to other colleagues. Also, my colleagues and I can create and edit tables.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Quip review by <span>Lida M.</span>
Lida M.
What do you like best?

I like the program in my work. Using Quip, it became easy to create documents. Work on the tables is now possible in the team. There is a live chat, that allows you to jointly edit documents. This function helps your work and communication. Documents made in Quip will be synchronized in a single cloud where they can be quickly found.

What do you dislike?

I am pleased with the work of Quip and for a long time, I saw no minuses for me and my employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to make your work more productive and quality, then Quip will help you in this. With this service, you can much easier to create the tables or diagrams that you need to work.

The program allows us to create and work with tables so effectively. Most functions in Quip make our work easier and faster, for example:

1 Ability to see updates of the tables in real time;

2 The mobile application allows us to be aware of updates wherever we are;

3 Save documents in the cloud and easily search for them there;

4 Built-in chat allows you to remotely communicate and solve common problems, etc.

As you can see the program is really multifunctional.

Quip review by <span>Oksi V.</span>
Oksi V.
Validated Review

Quip - the best text editor

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The main feature of the Quip text editor is that it allows you to work on the same document at once to several online users. In this case, each user will be aware of those changes that others make.

The entire Quip workspace is divided into 3 sections: Notes (Inbox), Documents, and Chat. In the "Notes" section, the user creates text, connects one or more people through the "Documents" to evaluate and make edits, and finally, in the "Chat", discusses the adjustments. You can edit an existing document - it supports importing from Evernote, Google Drive and Dropbox

What do you dislike?

On the other hand, the opinion otoochnaya program, it helps me a lot. Its only drawback is the need for a stable connection to the Internet for collective editing, but you can also make edits yourself offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important and very significant plus of this application is its sharing. Several users can work, make any changes, and also offer interesting ideas regarding their overall project in real time

At work, I create text documents, and also I work with them on their colleagues. With the help of such technology, it becomes possible to significantly speed up the process of work, as well as be aware of what is happening. My colleagues always vkurse the edits that I make or someone else. In the chat, we discuss what can be changed. The program has an excellent interface and three sections: Notes, Documents and Chat

Quip review by <span>Tyson D.</span>
Tyson D.
Validated Review

Control all your working projects.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that space of consideration and cooperation in real time. I see how the work processes of our working group are cardinally changed due to dynamic instruments, tasks, spreadsheet or lists. I like it.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any bad problem with this solution. All my team is glad to work with it. Also, it is not hard to understand and deal with it at your working days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Quip is powerful software. Perfect for the new enterprise, developing spreadsheet and working with all working group. Also, I would say that all Quip functions, the absolute number of users and storage size. I guess you will have everything that you need.

Actually, I would like to say that we are very pleased with the Quip spreadsheets. Wonderful that anyone has access, the information is always considered in context, and the opportunity to conclude tables in documents basically changes all approach to our work.

Quip review by <span>Nila K.</span>
Nila K.

Great tool for work

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The main convenience of its use. Quip takes all your work in one place. I like dynamic documents. They change the whole approach to work. It is useful to communicate right where the materials of the project are edited.

Excellent version history, we always know who and what changed in the document.

What do you dislike?

Not great opportunities for export and import (a small number of supported formats).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple solution for co-operation with documents, try Quip. You should reconsider your approach to work and you will like the power and simplicity of Quip.

We began to spend less time for chating with our team and focused on work. Our team likes to work together in dynamic documents and tables. Working with them has become both more interesting and informative. We have two offices that are located remotely, so communication and collaboration are very important for us.

Learn more about Quip

Quip Videos

Learning about Quip?

* We monitor all Quip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.