Quip

Quip

Quip is where you create, document, discuss, and organize the stuff that your team works on.

Work for Quip?

Learning about Quip?

Quip Reviews

Showing 392 Quip reviews
Quip review by <span>Lili S.</span>
Lili S.

"Quip is an interesting text editor "

What do you like best?

Features of Quip:

-Personal documents and folders.

-Common subdomain.

-History of editorial offices.

-Compatible work on documents.

-List of tasks.

-Chunt functions.

-Archive messages.

-General access to files or in a group.

- Invitation of guests.

-Electronic tables.

-Recovery of documents.

-Portal administration of the company.

-Protection from data leakage.

- Single sign-in: Google Apps, SAML, OneLogin, Okta.

-Access to Quip API and customization.

-Functions for audit and compliance.

-Export of documents is possible in PDF and Microsoft Office formats.

What do you dislike?

I found no shortcomings, excellent application. I will all recommend

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in everyday life and at work you often encounter the need to share documents with multiple users and try to find the perfect solution, then Quip is what you need.

Quip combines a convenient document editor and a messaging system, similar to the principle of chat. You can start communicating with colleagues, create a document and edit it together, and everyone will see the same text and be able to make changes. Or you can create a closed document, work on it for a while, and then, when everything is ready, grant access to it to other colleagues. Also, my colleagues and I can create and edit tables.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quip
Quip review by <span>Lida M.</span>
Lida M.

"Creating documents and tables became easier with Quip"

What do you like best?

I like the program in my work. Using Quip, it became easy to create documents. Work on the tables is now possible in the team. There is a live chat, that allows you to jointly edit documents. This function helps your work and communication. Documents made in Quip will be synchronized in a single cloud where they can be quickly found.

What do you dislike?

I am pleased with the work of Quip and for a long time, I saw no minuses for me and my employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to make your work more productive and quality, then Quip will help you in this. With this service, you can much easier to create the tables or diagrams that you need to work.

The program allows us to create and work with tables so effectively. Most functions in Quip make our work easier and faster, for example:

1 Ability to see updates of the tables in real time;

2 The mobile application allows us to be aware of updates wherever we are;

3 Save documents in the cloud and easily search for them there;

4 Built-in chat allows you to remotely communicate and solve common problems, etc.

As you can see the program is really multifunctional.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Quip review by <span>Oksi V.</span>
Oksi V.

"Quip - the best text editor "

What do you like best?

The main feature of the Quip text editor is that it allows you to work on the same document at once to several online users. In this case, each user will be aware of those changes that others make.

The entire Quip workspace is divided into 3 sections: Notes (Inbox), Documents, and Chat. In the "Notes" section, the user creates text, connects one or more people through the "Documents" to evaluate and make edits, and finally, in the "Chat", discusses the adjustments. You can edit an existing document - it supports importing from Evernote, Google Drive and Dropbox

What do you dislike?

On the other hand, the opinion otoochnaya program, it helps me a lot. Its only drawback is the need for a stable connection to the Internet for collective editing, but you can also make edits yourself offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important and very significant plus of this application is its sharing. Several users can work, make any changes, and also offer interesting ideas regarding their overall project in real time

At work, I create text documents, and also I work with them on their colleagues. With the help of such technology, it becomes possible to significantly speed up the process of work, as well as be aware of what is happening. My colleagues always vkurse the edits that I make or someone else. In the chat, we discuss what can be changed. The program has an excellent interface and three sections: Notes, Documents and Chat

Quip review by <span>Tyson D.</span>
Tyson D.

"Control all your working projects."

What do you like best?

I like that space of consideration and cooperation in real time. I see how the work processes of our working group are cardinally changed due to dynamic instruments, tasks, spreadsheet or lists. I like it.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any bad problem with this solution. All my team is glad to work with it. Also, it is not hard to understand and deal with it at your working days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Quip is powerful software. Perfect for the new enterprise, developing spreadsheet and working with all working group. Also, I would say that all Quip functions, the absolute number of users and storage size. I guess you will have everything that you need.

Actually, I would like to say that we are very pleased with the Quip spreadsheets. Wonderful that anyone has access, the information is always considered in context, and the opportunity to conclude tables in documents basically changes all approach to our work.

Quip review by <span>Aatif K.</span>
Aatif K.

"Decent collaboration tool that doesn't overwhelm with features"

What do you like best?

Quip is simple. Perhaps too simple, but that's a good thing in my books. Unlike many other collaboration tools, Quip doesn't offer a feature overload, focusing on the essential instead. And that makes it one of the most user-friendly collaboration tools out there. Even when new features are announced, they aren't forced down users' throat, but hinted subtly and made available for use should you choose to take benefit of them.

What do you dislike?

It's perhaps a mundane thing and I might be the only one, but I fail to understand why Quip can't use a custom keyboard on the iOS mobile app. Because I prefer a third-party keyboard, and because Quip defaults to the native iOS keyboard and without autocorrect, I have never made as many mistakes in my whole life as I make using the Quip mobile app. Seriously, guys, I understand security and privacy might be at play here, but I'm not really taking down nuclear launch codes in my Quip app. Give me a break, please!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a no-nonsense collaboration solution that offers wonderful features for free, look no further. Quip is fantastic when it comes to collaboration on projects. The context sensitive toolbars are great, and with the introduction of apps, Quip has become even more useful than ever before. The spreadsheet function is rather basic but good for keeping track of progress and gantt charts.

Collaboration and real-time feedback on ideas. I've been using Quip for coordinating my freelance work with various blog publishers, and it's so easy to keep track of different projects. It's also been very helpful for invoicing.

Quip review by <span>Nila K.</span>
Nila K.

"Great tool for work"

What do you like best?

The main convenience of its use. Quip takes all your work in one place. I like dynamic documents. They change the whole approach to work. It is useful to communicate right where the materials of the project are edited.

Excellent version history, we always know who and what changed in the document.

What do you dislike?

Not great opportunities for export and import (a small number of supported formats).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple solution for co-operation with documents, try Quip. You should reconsider your approach to work and you will like the power and simplicity of Quip.

We began to spend less time for chating with our team and focused on work. Our team likes to work together in dynamic documents and tables. Working with them has become both more interesting and informative. We have two offices that are located remotely, so communication and collaboration are very important for us.

Quip review by <span>Jesus C.</span>
Jesus C.

"A hybrid of word processor with chat"

What do you like best?

It is a great document editor that includes a messaging service that is fantastic and its main attraction and usefulness is this, to be able to create a document and be able to edit it collaboratively although you can also create private documents. The shared documents can be seen by all the participants of the group and all can make adjustments in real time, which is a fantastic tool for work teams that need to work on the same document.

The interface is very intuitive, you go from the chat to the document with just moving your finger from left to right.

It is perfect to have your work documents in one place and ready to be edited by someone who needs it.

What do you dislike?

Although it is very useful as all applications have their defects that are:

It costs a bit at first to understand the editing tools of the files, it is not as intuitive as the chat and revision.

You must better manage the history of the versions.

Better editing tools to make the program more complete.

The backup is a little loose.

Add the ability to share folders and edit them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you need to have your documents in the cloud, sort them by work group and be able to chat with the members, this application is your answer, useful and intuitive, it will not cost you much to learn how to use it.

It is the answer when you need to edit files collectively and to be able to chat with the members without leaving the application, it allows you to create your groups of works and upload the related files so that their members edit them and you can communicate with them, it is fantastic.

Quip review by <span>Gary G.</span>
Gary G.

"A Must Have For Salesforce Users"

What do you like best?

Team collaboration

Note taking

New Live Apps

The best of all is the Salesforce integration.

Attaching files directly inline is phenomenal

The adoption of the team is 100% as everyone uses it. For our project managers and executives its been great to see what is getting done throughout day from the activity feed.

The mobile capability is very fast and similar to the desktop experience. So it sets the right type of user experience.

In our team meetings everyone will have the same Quip document open and taking notes, asking questions and collaborating as the meeting is going on. This makes it convenient to review notes too and not have to shift back and forth from different notes.

During meetings action items are created from the task lists and you can assign due dates. Thus, when you log in you get a notification of what is due today and upcoming.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had drawing capabilities

I wish it would load into Chatter in Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not using a document and collaboration tool then I would recommend this.

Project Management

Task Management

Notes and collaboration

Proposal writing

Quip review by <span>Manikanta K.</span>
Manikanta K.

"Cloud Documentation Tool"

What do you like best?

One of the best documentation tools which I came across where we can store the document on the cloud and share the teams for review or even final updated version to share the policies of the organization to all the employees.Credit system for the referrals and new users. Enabling users to upgrade the plan through earned credits.

What do you dislike?

Storage Space is limited to the free user. Frequent hanging in the app and regular updates to reinstall the mobile and windows app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for the small and medium enterprises, start-ups, global teams, virtually connected teams, freelancers, writers, policymakers, document writers, any organization which required day to day tasks related to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel works

Quip is a one-time solution for the online documentation for the many projects teams such as Product and Project Management, Sales & Marketing, HR & People Management, Employee Management.

Quip review by <span>Michael K.</span>
Michael K.

"I am writing a review for an application called 'Quip'."

What do you like best?

What I like best about 'Quip' is that it allows me to import as many documents as I want. If needed, if I have a Word Document that I have stored on my PC/Laptop, I am able to transfer this over to 'Quip' which is installed on my Tablet.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this application because I feel that it has everything that anyone would want in this sort of application. Something that is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without doubt, this is by far the best application out there that involves Google Docs. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in that kind of stuff.

In our business, it is important that we use this application whenever we have work due in from our online documents, so as long as this application is installed on each and everyone's devices, there shouldn't be any problems.

Quip review by <span>Arun K.</span>
Arun K.

"Extended version of MS-Office"

What do you like best?

It has got all the possible options to write what ever you like.

What do you dislike?

The folder system and the left side pane which is clumsy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for people to collaborate & make note and proof read with comments.

Previously we used to find it very hard when we use different tools for Taking notes, putting tabular data, documenting and Tasks. Collaborating with all the people in the organization become much more difficult. But when we shifted to Quip it brought everything in one place. We used to do profiling for each person and it gave us flexibility to make note of everything at one place.

Overall its a best for any organization to handle things much better if they want to have a secured repository to store company data as well as a smooth collaboration between the people in the organization.

Quip review by <span>Saniya R.</span>
Saniya R.

"Easy tool for effective communication"

What do you like best?

Quip is extremely easy to use. There's unlimited free trial and great for text or media based collaboration. As compared to other instant messaging applications, Quip offers a much longer and better evaluation period. Sharing files, media and documents is also very easy and the messaging is also very fast. Messages can be sent and received instantly and this software doesn't even require a lot of internet data.

What do you dislike?

We can only write 180 characters in a text which is quite less for communication. Along with this, I don;t even like the text formatting of this software. The interface could be made a bit interactive and sophisticated. Also, uploading images on Quip is quite time consuming and the software's ability is quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip is a must have for teams. I would surely recommend this to people who work in teams or in a same department. This surely creates effective communication within a team thus increasing reliability, trust and efficiency. However, all positives aside, this software isn't recommended for high growth businesses as they require a lot of interaction

Being in the sales department, there is not only my head office that I have to keep in touch with, there's the regional office, my order bookers, riders and my entire team. Quip helps immensely in improving communication among all of us. Information relating to the market is readily available and steps can be taken to ensure product safety and quality.

Quip review by <span>Anastasia W.</span>
Anastasia W.

"Quip is one of my go-to apps"

What do you like best?

Quip is multi-platform. I can work on my documents anywhere at home, at office or mobile on the go. It is easy and seamless. Anytime an idea pops up or if I need to save a long information, I can just use Quip. It is a virtual notebook and journal for me. It also has formatting so I can type using the font that I like, make paragraphs, list, bullets, numbering, etc. according to what I need.

What do you dislike?

So far, I don't notice anything that I dislike from Quip. For a free app / service, I think it has almost all the features I need, and it is already ad-free. I think I need to further explore the features of Quip so I can give a better pros and cons view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please give it a try, you'll love it.

I think Quip makes my work more effective and efficient, because we can also collaborate on the app, even though I rarely use this feature. Quip is a very useful innovation and I hope this app will last long (I've seen a few other similar apps didn't survive the test of time). I can't think of any business problems that I have solved with Quip, but personally Quip has its benefits for me, because I can write and compile my to-do list, work, information and everything else I need to be solved at home and at work.

Quip review by <span>Chris R.</span>
Chris R.

"It's changed the way context is shared at my company"

What do you like best?

Shared folders and easy to understand shared space, notifications, collaborative edit, spreadsheets in docs, fast mobile experience, timeline-esque view of team activity

What do you dislike?

Very little - it's pretty sick. Integration with Trello would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient at first, the limited functionality is jarring — IMHO it's a feature, not a bug. Make sure to install the mobile app, not only is the mobile experience quite nice, the notifications are where some of the magic happens re collaboration.

I was a non-believer, but the most magical thing happened when I first saw "John Smith opened your doc" and "Jane Doe just created 'How to do xyz'". It's like Facebook-level timeline but for work, which had the effect of making my team interact with each other's work to a greater degree — we're on the same page more.

What looks like limited functionality is actually an important guardrail to decrease the cognitive load of making docs. In short, because there's only a few ways to compose a doc, it makes everyone more likely to document things because it will look good and standard. So better documentation now exists across my org because people are more willing to write.

Spreadsheets embedded in a doc is powerful — saved me a lot of time presenting stuff on projects and status of things because now the components of the presentation are sitting in the same area.

Commenting is good with @mention capabilities, but that's table stakes.

Highly highly recommend.

Quip review by <span>Jairus J.</span>
Jairus J.

"The Doc Killer"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use, efficient, and best of all, cross-platform. Quip really does it all.

What do you dislike?

Need online connection to print. No drag-and-drop. Also would be great to include powerpoint, features, and some other details I have already submitted in email to the Quip team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Do it. It will dramatically change the way you work, whether it is personally or with a team. The features provided seamlessly allow you to maximize your efficiency and you will find yourself on top of your work and in control of your work and personal life, as I have.

I use Quip for personal organization and making sure that the information I acquire from my job is up to date and correct in the documents I make. I can then use these updated documents and continue to evolve my workflow and content; I am able to make "short sheets" which basically summarize a certain physician's workflow when it comes to the EMR medical record system, and distribute it to newly hired employees that are familiar with the system but are unfamiliar with the physician workflow. Doing this allows the coworker to be able to read the core information necessary to understand and adapt to the way the physician works with the EMR and patients, without the extraneous details about the EMR they may already know,. Doing so allows the workflow that day to be extremely efficient, saves time, and provides a higher level of patient care.

In addition, I use Quip with my team at IPC Church. We are able to be extremely efficient in making documents, having them edited live, collaborate and discuss across documents and chats. We have dramatically reduced paper waste and every member of the team has slowly adopted Quip and have mobile apps designated on their phones. It is quite a turn of productivity and hints towards a more mobile and simplistic future when it comes to collaboration and technology.

Quip review by <span>Neeraj H.</span>
Neeraj H.

"Brilliant Productivity Tool for Note Taking & Collaboration"

What do you like best?

- The ability to write down neatly formatted notes which I can share easily and keep my team organized and prepared

- The ease with which I can create checklists.

- The app is literally my lifesaver as a product manager, as we can maintain living documents on there.

What do you dislike?

- The export to pdf function is a little buggy when you export code snippets. The formatting goes a little off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Quip without any inhibitions for any tasks that require team oriented planning around living documents. It is also a good enabler for personal planning and productivity. Team notes can be easily located and every one can stay up to date with the latest version of a document.

- Capture product requirements - allows doing so in a collaborative manner & keep documents live

- Capture team checklists - allows me to stay organized and productive

- Capture personal notes - allows me to free think, plan and structure thoughts

Quip review by <span>Edmund T.</span>
Edmund T.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

Simple, elegant design. Has the best best best copy and paste feature, auto detecting bullet points and transforming everything to a good quip format.

Support for quick heading, code, quotation. Awesome shortcuts

What do you dislike?

Come on, multi file/folder move/delete is essential. It can simply not be omitted like it's a small thing. Absolutely needed.

How about title has a different font size. Currently even a paragraph style can be in the title. Dun like that. I need all 3 header styles. In fact, make it 4! Would be better

Spreadsheet: better functionality, like cross table reference, more shortkeys, style cell more easily. I know it's a simple design, but if it's not sophisticated enough (when I need it to be), then Quip cannot be the only software I use for company info. And I'm tempted to use other platform coz they offer all-in-one solution (though uglier, slower, less user friendly).

Oh and how about the ability to add photos and documents (like all major cloud service)? Then I would really pay to use Quip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Light weight, collaborative software. But you will need other cloud service. No suitable to heavy user of spreadsheet and documents,

Not as sophisticated as u might be used to.

But give it a try, the collaborative feature and ease of use may help a lot of everyday business stuff

Business documents, draft, finance drafts, knowledge i acquired throughout business

Quip review by <span>Estefana K.</span>
Estefana K.

"Perfect tools to work with."

What do you like best?

Every day i'm working on my folders, documents. I'm glad that now I can create chart easy and quicker. I really more concentrate on my work and have more free time to start work on new things.

What do you dislike?

I can't say something bad about that program. The good way to increase our company. I'm glad that I chose Quip. Our working days are really run very fast and productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software which has all of best. Very big helper to all your team. Good and fast ability to sharing with messaging. Very easy way to set up. And perfect tools to work with.

I'm really glad that I can easily communicate and work with all my working team. Now we feel like we are one part what makes our company increase. Big helper to all of us.

Quip review by <span>Sloan Kilian M.</span>
Sloan Kilian M.

"Quip is both Efficient and Fun for Document Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The collaboration capabilities of Quip are great, and the cloud-based storage is efficient as well. However, considering there are many programs out there that allow for document collaboration and cloud-based storage, the feature that sets Quip apart is it's "instant messenger"-like communication network and notifications. When working on a document you can literally carry on a convo with your co-workers within the document as if you were using Skype. Furthermore, when you are outside of the program, immediate desktop notifications come through on edits and/or messages if you have your settings adjusted to do so.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few kinks that need to be worked out with this program - I have faced a few crashes while using it, but fortunately, I did not lose any of my work. Also, since Microsoft Word is still predominately used in my organization, I would like if the formatting would remain more intact when xferring Quip docs to Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've found it difficult to get buy-in from our senior management and decision-makers, predominately because we are fully-signed on with Microsoft Office. However, I would highly recommend Quip for business that are not yet at this point and perhaps, just starting out because I find that it's pricing it more fair and the packages offered are much more flexible.

I am still trying to generate full adaption of Quip within my organization for all of our document collaboration, but for now, I have found Quip immensely helpful for meeting minutes, general note-taking and project management. My team of colleagues find it very usually for record keeping as we further develop our systems because it allows us to document our communications within our project agenda/outline.

Quip review by <span>Collin C.</span>
Collin C.

"Okay if it's your only collaboration app. Not worth switching if you're using anything else."

What do you like best?

Commenting is easy. There's a native app and a web app, so you can work online or offline. Attention to looking simple and friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sorry — ultimately, I get frustrated about something every time I open Quip.

Permissions: It's not possible to see a full list of what's been shared with me. Quip claims to be better than Drive/Docs because Drive still requires you to go to your email to see files that have been shared with you (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/quora/quip-founder-explains-why_b_9376358.html).

Notifications: If I know someone shared something with me several months ago, I need to search anyway. And if I'm searching, does it matter if that box is in Quip or my inbox? What if I don't remember the exact name of the file? Beyond 15 recent folders and files, Quip will just show notifications that mix sharing alerts with other updates and comments on other documents.

Utility: Anything I want to use Quip for, I feel I can do more effectively in Docs, Confluence, or even a Slack file. The most frustrating thing is the lack of a "home." There's no page for what I feel is "my stuff" that includes both my private documents and my shared documents. (If a document is shared directly instead of within a folder, it can be very difficult to find.) There's a "private" folder, but this is just the default spot for anything I create.

Editing: The editor is idiosyncratic and awkward in its minimalism. The spreadsheet functionality is poor. It isn't any better at collaborating than Docs or Slack, both of which have a much broader focus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a game plan for your shared folders, and know what you really need out of the product. I may be missing some wonderful features of Quip, but I feel its core features are outclassed by broader collaboration tools without offering many unique features of its own. I suppose I think Quip is much better when it's your first or only application for collaboration, and doesn't add much if you're already using a few tools like Slack, Confluence, Apps/Drive, or Dropbox... besides another account to set up during onboarding, and another place to check for documents.

We use it to keep notes for meetings and to collaborate on special projects. There are also some general reference documents for department policies.

Quip review by <span>Millard C.</span>
Millard C.

"Great interface for everyone "

What do you like best?

Every day I'm working with my team on combines documents, To making spreadsheets are quite easy and fast and of course, team chats in one space.Save time and make teams more hard working.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike.Good and simple way to develop the small company.I'm happy with Quip.I'm calm about because I see that we are doing well at work. I think it means a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very great software makes your team together and better, nice with sharing messaging, good solution creating and redaction in one maintain. Easy to set up. Great option for tools.

So wonderful work for all of us. Very helpful with developing tables. To ability to work with all my team members.Very nice with conversation and discussion about comments. All of this helps me to develop my team.

Quip review by <span>Fabiola M.</span>
Fabiola M.

"Using Quip is a Great Experience"

What do you like best?

The UX. Is clean, the colors, the way it looks organized. It's very intuitive and super easy to use. The comments section is very friendly.

What do you dislike?

No drag and drop. To have more flexibility when formatting font sizes and styles. It'll be great to be able to change font colors too. Formatting overall is one of the big areas of improvement for dev team. When working a lot in one document you'll see a lot of edits even if you added a single thing, the long list of history edits is something I don't need at that level of detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. There's an adjustment process and a learning curve for the heavy Google Drive users.

Great for collaboration when updating documents, we're mainly using Quip instead of Google Drive for all internal documents, SOPs, processes, checklists, minutes, etc.

Quip review by <span>Nicoll E.</span>
Nicoll E.

"Quip Is Collaboration "

What do you like best?

Quip is revolutionary in how we as a company collaborate and move deals through our pipeline. The dynamic apps we are able to use in each of the documents allows expression of complete thought without being overbearing

What do you dislike?

Quip is a great collaboration tool but when you want to open several documents simultaneously the resizing capability of the app needs some work. The windows open up but the margination is crappy, And use of indentations and other basic word pressing needs to be addressed

Quip allows for notetaking during internal and client facing meetings. We can tag the clients or coworkers in the document and assign deliverables. The documents are living and everyone will have the latest vs or the truth

Quip review by <span>Jason R.</span>
Jason R.

"Quip Review: Nice, but could be way better"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very simple and cross-platform (web, apps, etc.). Like the ability to share and collaborate with people. It is very linear and the organization of it is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Wish it let you have more design flexibility when using sheets, docs, and lists all in the same page. Also, there are no charts that can be implemented from data that is put into a sheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quip is very similar to Google Docs and Sheets, but it is all in one place. You can also get similar results with Apple's Numbers and Pages too.

All in all, the software is pretty amazing. My challenges with it are small and nitpicky. I would definitely recommend it to clients and friends to use.

Organizing meetings, parties; really anything with lots of information.

Quip review by <span>Andrew M.</span>
Andrew M.

"Great way to collaborate with team members on projects"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that the left side panel shows you the most recent changes, making it easier to know what was done most recently.

What do you dislike?

For a while there, I was receiving notifications that my colleague had made updates, but none were actually made. It has since stopped, but that was annoying and confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it on a private document to get a handle on all of the features and functions. It took me some time to figure out how to do various things, which was frustrating when trying to do it on a live document that was for collaboration.

It has been a great way to collaborate with my colleague when working on a long term project with multiple facets.

Quip review by <span>Alyssa P.</span>
Alyssa P.

"Quip Transformed Our Teams Communication"

What do you like best?

I love the collaborative aspect of Quip and the ease of involving multiple different people from different departments touching on one topic/project. Everyone can give feedback easily and efficiently using the "comment" feature or the chat function.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to change font colors for better ease of read; at the moment, the ability to bold, underline, italicize is fine but ability to change font color would be nice to have to encourage more organization within the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. This has transformed the way we all communicate in a great way.

Our team struggles with communication. Quip allows everyone to collaborate on a single idea and give their feedback from their point of view. It is pivotal to hear from all departments to ensure we are providing the best solution on an issue and/or project.

Quip review by <span>Mir Vizarath A.</span>
Mir Vizarath A.

"Best resource for sharing"

What do you like best?

- Ability to create folders

- Store docs

- Chat from the same application

- Integration with sfdc

- Simple interface

- Import various file types such as PDF's, excel, etc

- timestamps!

What do you dislike?

- Difficult to navigate at times

- does not maintain formatting at times when copied from a different file

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Connectivity via mobile app, UI and desktop ensures you don't miss a thing

- A complete history of edits including comments on a given doc, this way you know what has changed.

- Flexibility is amazing when compared to other products.

- Collaboration across various teams

- Solving complex issues all in one place

- Document and process repository, all in one place.

Quip review by <span>Reinald F.</span>
Reinald F.

"Simple yet powerful & great for collaboration "

What do you like best?

SImple UI limited to what is really useful yet very powerful with many document formats supported. Collaboration support is great too with comments and track changes. The product is simple to use and supported on many platform, including mobile.

What do you dislike?

Organising documents/files could be improved as it feels a bit rigid. Also more powerful formating tools would be great, especially for text documents (no easy way to do numbered titles for instance). WHile the simplicity is great due to limited formating/editing tools, having more flexibility would be a plus to create more elaborate documents (columns in text documents for instance).

Document collaboration and document syncing is a real plus. No need to email documents and check which version the team is using.

Quip review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"A "me too" app with nothing to offer"

What do you like best?

Nothing. There is nothing redeeming about this application and I wouldn't use it if we weren't forced to.

What do you dislike?

- Quip is constantly discarding/losing data. I suffer this often on a Windows machine (app or browser, doesn't matter), but other colleagues on Mac deal with this as well. Random sections of docs won't sync and will vanish, etc.

- Constant prioritization and shipping of useless features (type 1: into a document as if you're going to enter a timestamp, and observe the emoji typeahead) which themselves don't even work

- Garbage performance - slow, crashing, inexplicable inability to open documents (Android, especially)

- Search is not even usable.

- Notifications are dead ends. Click through? Good luck finding whatever the call to action was. Or remembering what the notification was about once you click it.

- What is the utility of the home screen/newsfeed? It is filled with updates in documents with "company wide" audience so mostly irrelevant. This clouds out documents I might care about. I also don't understand the value in seeing who opened/is working in which documents, even if the documents were relevant to me.

- Pricing: how on earth is this more expensive than some O365 tiers? For what?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid at all costs. Quit feeding startups like this.

We'd like to do real work with Quip, but instead it's basically a place where notes go to die.

Quip review by <span>Keith G.</span>
Keith G.

"Used for a Project - will use again if I can get team on board"

What do you like best?

The initial setup of the quip project sharing application went very smoothly, initial rollout involved only a handful of people but feedback was positive for us to potentially roll out or a larger future project.

What do you dislike?

I rolled out well for me is administrator but seem to be troublesome for users on multi-platform set ups in different areas of the country. A lot of that may have been my initial setup as I found it easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ensure that prior to making the decision to enforce use of any collaborative work platform, make sure to ease the full team into it by sharing the pros and cons of the platform first. In order to keep the detractors from knocking you off the rails early.

Collaborative work practices are critical to the success when managing a portfolio of projects and I think quip to help with that is on the right track

Quip review by <span>Juliana V.</span>
Juliana V.

"Okay if you don't have another alternative"

What do you like best?

I liked the integrated chat feature and some of the collab features. I also love the integration with Slack.

What do you dislike?

The interface was really awkward and there wasn't enough unique features for me to utilize it on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the integrations and do a trial run before jumping in to it. Test a few different collab solutions. This one is good, but it's still very raw. Keep in mind what you need in a tool like this.

I feel for businesses that don't utilize other expensive collab software and that use Slack as their main communication tool, this will work in saving time and pushing out document updates quickly, improving inter office communication.

Quip review by <span>Richard S.</span>
Richard S.

"Good Product that needs refinement and added features to be great"

What do you like best?

Instant collaboration is great! Conversations in site wide chat rooms, in a documents chat or on one specific word or section of document is great as well. Native support for Word, Excel and other documents helps out getting setup.

What do you dislike?

Needs better integration with Dropbox, Google Drive and others. No live linking is available, so if you update a document in your online storage it will not automatically update in QUIP, you also cannot send files back to these only storage services without tedious steps being taken. This would be a great addition. You CANNOT upload folders, only files. This is keeping us from fully integrating QUIP into our workflow because we have yet to find the time to recreate our file tree and move files over one folder at a time. No native support for PDF files. It converts them to JPG images... which can be slow and clunky and prevents copying and pasting from them unless you download them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

spend a day or two with a free trial and really dig in. Talk to customer service reps and get a good feel for all QUIP can do. It really is good software, just needs some improvements on functionality and compatibility.

For the projects we have started using it with it is beggining to improve our productivity and reduce the email clutter and confusion. With a few tweaks/feature additions QUIP could replace most of our internal emails and project organizing efforts. Until then it will just be used for a few projects we have running right now.

Quip review by <span>Jason A.</span>
Jason A.

"Great tool for working with others"

What do you like best?

Helps with integration, collaboration, and tasks. We use it to track notes and action items. We use it to manage our projects through requirement gathering and task assignment. We used it at Dreamforce to help keep all of our notes together. It is very functional on our mobile and workstation devices. Well integrated with Salesforce and with the workstation. We love how easy it is to use.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much not to like for a 3rd party vendor tool like this. If it had more Project Management features, that would be nice. If it could produce gantt charts and timelines, that would be a bit more effective for me, as well as a way to follow up on things a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get others on board and install the clients for the workstation and the mobile devices, and make sure to sign in to both. It helps the users to have it fully integrated from the beginning. Waiting to do it later will cause a lot of issues when its needed on a mobile device or on the workstation.

Project notes, document collaboration, shared files across companies. The tasks and resource assignments are great, and the working across teams really helps to make our projects easier to keep moving forward. Need to add words to this review so I can submit it. Hope I am almost done with these words. Yeah!!! I think I am!

Quip review by <span>Benedict G.</span>
Benedict G.

"Quick and Collaborative"

What do you like best?

Quip really helped our team collaborate more with our current Workflow documents which really changes a lot in just a week since we are still starting as a new team.

What do you dislike?

Right now since we are at an early stage of using the service, I can't seem to find any opportunity for improvements as of yet, but the longer we use it perhaps we can identify what other areas could be improved on.

Our team is supporting different GEO's which means half of the time work on different schedules, Quip bridges that time gap since we every time the night shifters edit a document by morning we can already see the revised documents and we can move on to the next.

Quip review by <span>Patrick S.</span>
Patrick S.

"Handy tool for collaborative writing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. There is nothing that Quip does that is revolutionary or groundbreaking, but, like the iPhone or a Mac, it just works. Collaboration through comments, review, approvals, etc. are very well done and extremely intuitive. It really cannot be beaten by other tools when you need to get others' input on your document. Setup could not be easier!

What do you dislike?

I worry about the security of documents sometimes. I also wish that the product had a sequential review process built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need super simple collaboration on documents, it is difficult to beat the tools in Quip. While I still use Microsoft Word for my primary text editor and Adobe InDesign for layouts, I trust Quip with collaborative content generation.

If you have access to SharePoint or if you are deep within the G-Suite/Google for Work tools, then you may want to stick with them, but if you are looking for a tool that will be your first foray into collaborative work, then get Quip.

Collaborative writing on documents.

Quip review by <span>Thomas S.</span>
Thomas S.

"Complete Document Sharing & Communication App for Small Business"

What do you like best?

The sharing of documents, PDFs, and Evernote items between contacts. It syncs quickly.

What do you dislike?

I didn't appreciate how contacts were automatically checked off to invite when logging into the IOS app. Some contacts that definitely would not be appropriate were checked and it would have been embarrassing if I hand not un-checked them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found that Quip fulfills my needs for an easy to use collaboration application with clients who are not going to spend the time learning a complicated program. It is being used by several people who I respect and trust. The fact that they have a no cost version for a small group is the perfect way to test it.

I really enjoy the Evernote integration (One of my top five applications of all time). It handles Microsoft Word files just fine.

There is nothing that I dislike about the application itself. Maybe I'll find some missing features as I fully integrate it into my business, but is is just fine for now.

I can fully recommend to at least try Quip so see if it has some benefit to your business.

I have started a relatively small consulting business for mostly lay people and I wanted a simple way to communicate and share information between in-person consultations.

Quip review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for Project Collaboration!"

What do you like best?

Before discovering Quip, my peers and I were constantly sending documents back and forth through email. It was easy to lose track of the latest document. With Quip, we were able to cut down our emails, and we can see what changes were made. It even sends you a notification when something has been updated. It’s easy to share your documents with others, or store them privately for yourself.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more documents were supported by Quip. You can’t upload keynote presentations, Numbers, or Pages documents. I’ve tried uploading PDF documents as well, but it just continues to load. It really only seems to work well with simple documents.

It makes sharing documents with others seamless. When there is a project, we can upload a list of tasks and ask others to sign up for the task in Quip.

Quip review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Quip is great for collaborating"

What do you like best?

One of the features I like are the templates. It is a great starting point for our documents.

I also like the ability to import from other applications, like dropbox, google drive, and evernote.

What do you dislike?

Quip only imports from Basecamp 2 at this time. We are currently using Basecamp 3.

It would be nice to be able to control the number of items in the Frequently Viewed list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the templates as a starting point for your team. It will help accelerate the user learning and increase participation.

We are trying to find a better way to keep everyone updated on various activities, like candidate tracking and product testing. Quip is helping reduce the need to request updates from individuals, because they are able to update the shared documents and we are able to see the updates that have been made.

Quip review by <span>Ralfe P.</span>
Ralfe P.

"A great tool for collaboration with team members as well as clients"

What do you like best?

Quip has great features for collaboration on documents. I love the discussion panel on the left which facilitates both a general chat about the document, but also contains contextual comments and discussions, as well as a document history. I also really appreciate the way you can mention collaborators in the document and in the discussion panel and they get notifications in the browser, or on the mobile app or on the native desktop app. It's a really useful, polished app which makes collaborating from across the globe on a single document feel like we are sitting around the same table.

What do you dislike?

The only small criticism I have is that the text formatting controls are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend migrating your old knowledge bases and documentation as soon as possible to enjoy the simplicity and power of the Quip system.

Our dev team has found that Quip is excellent for collaborating between ourselves, but also with the client. This allows us to organize the documentation, collaborate, share and review the documentation centrally, all using one application. It also integrates with Slack (the communications tool we use in-house), which just makes the process-flow that much smoother.

Quip review by <span>Angela C.</span>
Angela C.

"Great Product a lot of bugs, "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of sharing documents with people. The ease of use for the non-computer literate users.

What do you dislike?

The PDF image display at times is hard to read. Quip processes PDF as pictures and in the process it loses some of the readability factors. Particularly in documents that are written in size 9 font. The platform is not compatible with PPT and older word doc. It will not load the document. The company does not offer package deals for integration with slack users which would allow me to store the PPT and work collaborative. Slack lacks the visual ease of quip. Quip lacks slacks accessibility to different formats.

I also find quip structure to limit my ability to copy email addresses I have shared a document with to be able to share different documents with the same email list. Additionally it does not provide me information in a easy to access manner to document who I have shared what document with especially since I don't see the benefit of having every community member I share a document with join the team. This is especially cumbersome in determining what individual has been granted access to which document without taking the time to go and write down emails. It would be helpful to have a master access file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are seeking to share excel and word (.doc only recent software not compatible with older Microsoft documents. ) It is a happy mix of Google drive with a social media touch. Each user is given their own desktop that displays their documents and any documented shared with them. The documents update instantaneously. So working collaboratively participants can see updates in real time. You can reference documents by (@) someone similar to social media and have the availability to message individuals privately.

I am sharing research, best practices with domestic violence providers through the entire state. It is being utilized to share information and organize 30 member programs to advocate for change on social justice barriers experienced by victims of domestic violence in NJ. The platform has allowed me to store everything in one central place.

Quip review by <span>Jonathan T.</span>
Jonathan T.

"Great tool for Collaboration"

What do you like best?

- Modern, intuitive, distraction-free user interface

- Works on any device

- Works offline

- Seamless team collaboration

What do you dislike?

- Folder management gets a bit clunky?

- Long titles for folders or documents

- Possibly a con, but also could be a pro -- the lack of tags, categories

- Once there are A LOT of documents, the universal search slows down much more. It was really fast at first

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it. It's like Evernote, but for teams.

This has replaced many other tools

- Team Wiki

- Engineering knowledge base

- Technical documentation

- Go-to place for stuff engineers need to collaborate on, that isn't code (GitHub) or tickets (JIRA)

We write technical design docs, feature brainstorms, interview question pools, various notes from meetings, etc all in Quip. It's really easy to collaborate. We used to use README.md Markdown files in GitHub, and this has replaced that because it's much faster.

Quip review by <span>Ashley K.</span>
Ashley K.

"It's amazing!"

What do you like best?

Everyone is always on the same page, we don't have to print out a bunch of paper that is going to get lost or can be viewed by people it shouldn't be. It syncs and is cloud based and there's even an app I use on my phone! It's so easy to use, it makes us feel like we're a huge important company when our staff meetings are 10 people or less.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I have not come across any problems using quip at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your coworkers are hard to pin down for any kind of meeting, this let's you go over everything you need to without being in the same place. Everyone can add to document from wherever they're at and it will sync everyone together. The app is easy to use too!

Staff meeting notes/minutes kept online where everyone can view at any time to add whatever they need to add.

Quip review by <span>Kathy D.</span>
Kathy D.

"God send for cross-department collaboration (and inter-team collaboration)"

What do you like best?

I love how quick and easy it is to create a document and share it with the appropriate people across my entire organization. I work in user experience, so I'm pretty judge-y when it comes to other tools - and Quip continues to exceed my expectations.

The improvements they've made recently to their spreadsheet capability has been fantastic - love the direction they are going!

What do you dislike?

I would like some customization options around typography and color (pretty please), and would love to see the spreadsheet option become more robust (thinking Excel capabilities such as drop-down lists, and more advanced formulas).

Would also like to see the capability for commenting on various parts of an image (think invisionapp) - sometimes I want to call out certain parts of a screenshot (or allow others to comment on designs that I've embedded in my document).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it .... they continually make leaps and bounds in product functionality.

Cross-team collaboration ... we can throw up a design document - share it with members of different departments (dev, QA, tech writing, Product Management, Support etc) to comment on. A single point and tool for collaboration has really saved a lot of time and potential headache's that come with trying to use a number of different tools!

Quip review by <span>John L.</span>
John L.

"Quip Feedback"

What do you like best?

The desktop app works well and makes it easy for our team to collaborate.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, my biggest issues are related to formatting within documents. When I copy and paste things, or try and add images, or want to adjust spacing or paragraph format it seems like a super long process of trial and error. In sheets, when I wanted to transfer an excel sheet so that I could share it with other people on my team, all of my formulas are erased and I have to start over. Also, the folder format and the revision history is pretty cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that there is a lot of value to quip in comparison to other similar products like google docs (or g-suite or whatever they call it now). There are some functionality concessions that would have to be made so it is not going to be an identical to existing workflow but I think its worthwhile when you look at the benefits.

I think what we have solved being able to find a place for all of our collaborative documents to live. Also being able to keep a doc in my private folder works great for sharing. I think the biggest benefit we have realized is that people can add to a document throughout the week and it makes it possible to table certain items for later. We use a lot of Quip for meeting agendas.

Quip review by <span>Lorraine M.</span>
Lorraine M.

"QUIP is my GO TO app for spreadsheets & quick notes sharing"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Quip to share with someone who has NO familiarity with apps & spreadsheets etc. YET it has enough power and punch for experienced users to adapt to the basic features. It is the In'n Out dependability (California foody reference) that is most helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike - it's a suggestion for improvement: Spreadsheet has no ability to flip to the bottom of the list quickly. So when I add data I have to hold the arrow down to reach the bottom. Right?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a volunteer base - but need to have some means of communication that transcends skill levels. QUIP is powerful.

If you have need to switch between PC - PAD - etc QUIP is so quick to pop in and -out . - And mat'l worked on transfers to many other platforms

It allows me to segment my master database over to different accounts and share as needed.

It allows me to share a document, which needs to be reviewed, with those having a multitude of skill levels

Quip review by <span>Corban G.</span>
Corban G.

"Team Collaboration at a New Level"

What do you like best?

In Quip my favorite feature is the messaging sidebar. It allows my team and I to comment on different changes and improvements we could make to scripts instead of constantly switching between messaging apps like Slack.

What do you dislike?

My one problem is how Quip doesn't work well with PDF's. It takes a long time to upload them and because we export the final drafts of our scripts as PDF's it requires us to use a different piece of software. Quip really shines through with regular documents though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a well designed app to collaborate on documents and spreadsheets in, this is the app for you. I can't say it enough, the "chatting" options are amazing!

As a former user of Google Docs, Quip was a major improvement. It allowed us to utilize folders which were only possible before though Google Drive. For us folders were needed so documents didn't get lost in random places across multiple Google accounts. The main benefits I have realized are the direct messages and chat rooms which allow us to focus our commenting on specific documents.

Quip review by <span>Nafisa K.</span>
Nafisa K.

"Useful Tool for Mind-Mapping with Colleagues"

What do you like best?

The most useful aspect of Quip is how... simple it is. It's easy to comment and it's easy to change and see changes and revert to previous versions. I like the ability to insert bits of code or a quote or whatever seamlessly. Makes it very easy to see progress and growth in documents.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, certain words need to be in a different color -- I really wish Quip had that function. I don't want to take away the simplicity of the interface, but rather, even just adding the color red would be just plenty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not the easiest thing in the world to import heavily-formatted documents -- but Quip makes it easy to start anew. With it's super-easy interface, copy/paste is a brand new thing of its own.

Google Docs (for example) didn't allow from easy access between documents and the ability to mindmap effectively within a group as a collaborative effort. It solves the issue of crashing because multiple people are editing at once -- and comments get messy really quickly. There's no needless focus on formatting.

Such benefits add to increased productivity and overall a more cohesive view on teamwork. Everyone knows what they're doing but we're all also doing it very much together.

Quip review by <span>Kristen J.</span>
Kristen J.

"Best Solution For Content Creation + Team Collab"

What do you like best?

I work on the go and Quip is the easiest solution I've found to be able to create content, share it with a team, and add back and forth comments - all from my phone! When I finally stop toddler chasing, all my files are synced with my desktop app allowing me to transition back and forth smoothly. Lifesaver! In addition, both of my businesses create large amounts of content - it was a pain with other systems to have different versions saved in case we needed edits. Quip does that for us! I can see all the edits made + who made them at what time, to know we're making the right content decisions.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any major dislikes. There are two things I would add: being able to share as view only, so someone doesn't need an account , and being able to add or edit PDFs - this would make Quip absolutely perfect!

I no longer have to use multiple programs to do the same thing - what a pain it was before to keep track of all my documents! Now everything is in Quip, and can be shared with team members easily.

Quip review by <span>Jacqlyn C.</span>
Jacqlyn C.

"Has reduced noise with other platforms and documents greatly "

What do you like best?

With email, Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel docs), Skype, Google products, CRM platforms etc, there are so many ways to communicate & collaborate with colleagues but is very inefficient and reduces productivity. Gone with searching through emails/skype messages, sending docs back and forth and checking so many platforms. Quip helps you stay on track and have 1 place for all - not to mention being accountable. Not to mention, really simple to use & can add in a personal account for your own checklists and docs.

What do you dislike?

No actual dislikes but I think their support team could more responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not automatically putting the same email domains for a company into 1 account - specifically, with other departments within 1 company, it make not make sense for them all to be on 1 platform especially when one is able to utilize a free platform and the other paid.

Keeping our sales team organized which is common problem for many companies. Keeping each other accountable for action items and also allowing us to be more collaborative.

Quip review by <span>maurizio c.</span>
maurizio c.

"Good for collaborative work, but lacks some power uses"

What do you like best?

It's easy to share thoughts in comments, and therefore having a common ground for improving a document. Moreover, the ability to use Quip from my smartphone, my tablet or my computer (in this case with the web interface) is really great. I can start to type an idea whenever I am, then adding material on my desktop and review it even in bed.

Notwithstanding what I am writing as con :-), I think that having only a few typographic styles is a great idea, because people should think at what they are writing, and not at *how* to write it. (Ok, I am old enough to have used TeX)

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have some more typographic options, like highlighting and small and large text. There should not be too many bells and whistles, as I wrote above: but sometimes it could be useful to have a bit of a visual hint of what parts of a text need improvement. This would be really great in a collaborative enviroment, since coauthors must see at once which parts were modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it.

I used Quip to create a manuscript and discuss it with my coauthor. It allowed us to work on it from any device.

Quip review by <span>Travis C.</span>
Travis C.

"Very Simple - Almost to a fault"

What do you like best?

I did like how simple the layouts were and such. My team began to use it in order to track documents and collaborate and such. As far as that goes, it handled it nicely.

What do you dislike?

It was almost too simple! It felt like I was in the files section of a PC that multiple people had access to. Pretty difficult to be super impressed with when it was more just a storage folder than an interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look up tutorials on how to implement Quip fully, or reach out to them and get some ideas. Because as far as I was able to grasp, it was far less impressive than was marketed.

Organization and collaboration. It has always been the bane of my existence at this company, and now more than ever is when I'm hoping something like Quip can be improved just a little bit to be an intuitive software.

Quip review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Great document creation and collab tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to create and share documents and the editing tools are pretty easy to use and format documents. If you are starting with an existing word document, you can import that to start your Quip. Accessing files via the web and mobile device are very easy. Better than a few other popular collab platforms

What do you dislike?

On the import, images are often stripped out and you have to replace/import them. Not the end of the world, but no one likes to redo what has already been completed once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very easy yet powerful tool Investigate all the different options as it is able to fit many creation and collaboration needs with a very simple interface

Easy creation of documents and sharing for collaboration. The easy use of groups and search and adding favorites really makes it easy to use. Finding documents is very easy and your list of favorites is always handy. This also allows true collaboration on documents from draft 1 to final , with clear notes on who changed what and when. Very nice for many different purposes.

Quip review by <span>Evan N.</span>
Evan N.

"Quip has made an impact on how our company stays in the loop on how our teams create documentation"

What do you like best?

I am personally a fan of the ease of use and the out-of-the-box collaboration that's allowed our team to always be aware of when documents are edited and created. This helps everyone stay in the loop with their teams.

What do you dislike?

We would like the option to add specific domains outside of our work email domain so that we can share with external partners, etc. As of right now we have to manually add users from external teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want "social" documentation you should choose Quip.

We solved our need for documentation. We tried out several products prior to Quip and decided that the collaboration and ease-of-use made this the product worth keeping.

The main benefit is that everyone on our team can get insight on whenever a document is created or updated so that everyone is kept in the loop without the need to manually share new docs, etc.

Quip review by <span>Keshia B.</span>
Keshia B.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to share documents, organize everything and converse with team members.

I also like how easy this software is to use as I have members with all different computer literacy skills.

What do you dislike?

I am enjoying this software so much. I haven't encountered anything that I don't like yet. As I continue to learn about the program, I keep enjoying all that I'm getting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider using Quip if you are looking for a way to easily communicate and share resources.

Being able to communicate with others and share resources all in on platform.

Quip review by <span>Dominica A.</span>
Dominica A.

"Amazing simple tool to keep your team organised"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity. I tried many different tools with my team and there was aways something that annoyed us and made the work ineffective. Quip is simple, very intuitive and it's easy to keep on track with comments and discussions.

And you can create beautiful documents there to make project management much easier and more entertaining. :)

What do you dislike?

Probably the biggest problem is the lack of the calendar integration, so you can monitor the deadlines and receive reminders that the project is about to become due. Thankfully the notes system and comments make it all easy to track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you understand the software and then brief the team in details, as lack of calendar makes difficult to monitor project deadlines

Mainly communication issues within the team, such as lost/not received emails, missing comments and feedback. Quip made this all easy for us now.

Quip review by <span>Jake R.</span>
Jake R.

"Best app for organizing marketing copy and thoughts!"

What do you like best?

The minimalist writing interface is the best for a clean place to write copy or notes. I love the tracking changes and commmenting features. But what I love most is that the documents are accessible on all my devices. I don't have to worry about opening actual word documents on some server somewhere.

What do you dislike?

Hmmm... It would be awesome to have almost like a sample document tree of best practices of how others use it. For example, how does a company use it as a wiki. Or how does XYZ company organize their company with it. Rather than just tell us... allow us to download a folder with their structure inside of it.. Obviously delete any sensitive information but give us a practical implementation.

We use it for writing marketing copy, meeting agendas and historical archives of userful information for our company.

Quip review by <span>Kurt S.</span>
Kurt S.

"A new way to memo"

What do you like best?

Organizational structure (with the exception to the fact that you CAN'T sort on mobile, which I'm sure they'll fix.), quick access, easy file system for sorting, documents are simple like memo pads, but have enough text tools to create order within the document. The list view on desktop shows all your files in a folder/directory style that makes finding things easy. And the search feature is perfect for finding stuff you've lost or can't remember the location.

What do you dislike?

They need to have more sorting options badly, particularly for mobile wherein you can't sort anything and all your files and folders are displayed with no apparent rhyme or reason. On desktop it's pretty hammered out, but on mobile... there's a problem. The other thing is documents take a longer time to load than I'd like on mobile, but if you have 3 seconds to be patient.. it shouldn't be an issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the end of the day, don't pass it up If you're using Evernote or Slack or whatever, awesome. You owe it to yourself to find out if there's a better way, because I really believe if given a fair chance, you'll get as excited about Quip as I am.

I am using it differently. Not as a collaboration tool (Which it is great for. Their notification system for updating files is really next level.) but as a personal organization space for all of my notes, lists and projects. I do a lot of writing, I write a lot of notes on various topics. It's a logistical nightmare to store all of these according to the various categorical reference points required and evernote is too well... evernote. This has solved all of my file organizational issues and access issues.

Quip review by <span>Emily I.</span>
Emily I.

"Collaborative knowledge base for documentation"

What do you like best?

The ability to view not only collaboration notes, but also to view update history on the document is very useful—it enables us to keep historical records, and work as a team to update key documentation without worrying about overwriting something critical.

What do you dislike?

Quip's search function is not as powerful or intuitive as I would like. Still better than most tools I've used, but can still make it difficult to find documents sometimes. I'm also not a fan of their internal chat on its own—the document collaboration chat is useful, but we often use Zapier to connect Quip and Slack so we can have longer discussions around documents in Slack.

We use Quip as our team knowledge base. We enjoy having this easily-shareable and searchable document base to share knowledge, and to collaborate on key documentation for our team.

Quip review by <span>Rich W.</span>
Rich W.

"Big fan of Quip"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and online, all the time. Live sharing of documents with clients. Snappy little word processor and spreadsheet that has nearly everything I need for drafting documents.

What do you dislike?

There's an update every time I use it, which is distracting, but usually has good improvements. I like the folder structure, didn't like it when it got buried, but now it is back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have Google Apps, and desktop stuff up the wazoo... I go to Quip because it is easy, quick, always getting better without getting more difficult, and generally a next-gen kinda thing.

Real-time sharing/editing of text/data

Quip review by <span>Josephine B.</span>
Josephine B.

"Quip is a great product with a few caveats .... (EA user experience!)"

What do you like best?

I found the software to be (as a non technical person) intuitive and easy to use. I enjoyed the ease of collaborating on documents. Editing features (although limited) are nice to have. Also like to have different options like chat, private folder, etc.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to make edits without getting an update for EVERY small thing. Maybe it would be nice to make edits in stealth mode to reduce clutter for the reviewer. Also, copy/paste on in the app with my track-pad wasn't working, I guess you have to use keyboard shortcuts? Not everyone uses keyboard shortcuts! ;) And an option to export or somehow integrate with MS word would be AMAZING to work faster on documents.

I used Quip to collaborate with a company on job specs. It was nice to be able to share notes with one another without having to be face to face. I created the specs originally in MS Word and copy/paste into Quip. Once inside the app, I found editing to take allot longer though and with a few small functionality frustrations along the way.

Quip review by <span>Jon M.</span>
Jon M.

"Excellent collaboration app. Good UI. "

What do you like best?

I like the comment/messaging capabilities of the app. It allows you to truly collaborate on specific topics/documents. It makes editing, revisions, and such a breeze.

What do you dislike?

It feels a little disorganized. I feel like it's harder to easily find documents that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you want to collaborate on documents.

We need a better way to collaborate when creating documents for internal and external purposes. One use case in particular was for collaborating on help documents. It's easy to talk about what needs to be written, edited, etc.

Quip review by <span>Richard L.</span>
Richard L.

"Good scribing tool, would be nicer if..."

What do you like best?

- notes gets updated and saved in real time so things don't get lost

- i can scribe on-the-go when i only have my mobile phone with me

- sharing is easy, just add a collaborator

What do you dislike?

- mobile version seems iffy, it jumps me back to the very top of the document at the worst times

- wifi/saving issues, sometimes my notes aren't saved

- tables still suck, can't format two tables the same way

using it as a project tracker and sharing it with my boss

using it as a brainstorming scribe to track ideas

Quip review by <span>Cédric L.</span>
Cédric L.

"A nice start"

What do you like best?

I like the easy-to-use. It is quite fast to create first documents which have a good looking form.

I like the poll option.

What do you dislike?

Some usability problems (boxes appearing not entirely on the screen, some partial modifications impossible).

Simplistic action plan. No evolved project follow up tool.

Customisation options limited. Review on action button missing (to help further in the easy-to-use).

I'm afraid that the left window (with account, folders & chat) would be not really lisible when there will be multiple folders in it (there is no tree structure).

This review only in English.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

By now, no real benefit realized.

When everybody will use it, I think it could improve communication.

Quip review by <span>Martin M.</span>
Martin M.

"Easy Document Collaboration"

What do you like best?

- desktop and iPhone apps are fast and work even offline (saves a lot of time not having to load a website each time)

- ability to collaborate on a document with other teammates in real-time

- commenting specific areas of a document and @mentions

What do you dislike?

- tries too hard to be an all-in-one tool (collaboration, task management and live chat), while the latter two feel unneccessary and will never be able to compete (and there is no need for it) with likes of Asana and Slack

- app crashes from time to time

Document collaboration, planning, reporting

Quip review by User in Computer Software

"Very helpful collaboration tool!"

What do you like best?

We used to depend solely on our Google Docs and when we were instructed to start using Quip we were all a little hesitant. Now that we've been using it for a while though I even prefer it over GDocs because it allows you to easily build checkable checklists, calendars, and even mini Trello style boards all within the same document.

What do you dislike?

Getting to the formatting is a little confusing. I haven't figured out how to just make the formatting always appear.

Very easy to collaborate with co-workers on the same document and to share them with people outside of the organization as well. It's also cut down in the amount of tools we have to use, for example we no longer have to use Trello.

Quip review by <span>Austin S.</span>
Austin S.

"What Google Docs and Dropbox Both Want to Be"

What do you like best?

Honestly it just makes sense. Everything in one place, easy to edit and intuitive to understand, makes it simple to collaborate with multiple people on a project and have all assets organized in one place. It's what Google Docs and Dropbox both wish they were.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot - I find myself using it less than I wish I did, but mostly that's because I haven't integrated it into my workflow and my team members haven't. So maybe Slack/Trello integrations, but I think they might have solved that by now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! If you can get your whole team to use it for a project I think you'll see how easy it is

It's mostly an efficiency booster; makes it easier to collaborate on a project with multiple people.

Quip review by <span>Matthew F.</span>
Matthew F.

"Quip is Quick"

What do you like best?

It's very fast and easy to navigate. Simple formatting options makes it faster to throw content together. I also like the ability to export content in various formats.

What do you dislike?

Limited color options for text and size options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to spend more time with content creation and collaboration and less time managing assets than this is an easy way to consolidate a lot of information into one place.

Consolidation and standardization of copy/content. Because Quip is good for integrating images/text/ and spreadsheets it's easy to keep all assets for projects in one place in one document rather than several different types of document. I don't need to open Word, Spreadsheet, and worry about finding everything in a folder on my computer. It's also searchable so even if i forget what I named a document I can search the contents of the document or keywords to find.

Quip review by <span>KC B.</span>
KC B.

"Quip is okay, nothing ground breaking"

What do you like best?

It is nice to have a shared task list. That is about he extent of how we have used quip. We used it as a check list of stuff that needs to get done across several team members and it fit the bill for that.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike per se. However, there is nothing ground breaking about the product, it is fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great shared task list.

We wanted a simply task list or shared tasks across several team members.

Quip review by <span>Kat T.</span>
Kat T.

"Quip is an excellent collaboration program."

What do you like best?

I really like being able to see the document we are working on while having comments/chat on the sidebar at the same time. Quip has cut down on our email chains immensely and kept all of our information together in one place per project. We are better organized and more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to see HTML code in the editing section. We use Quip for marketing email testing and being able to paste in code to revise or comment would be very helpful.

We utilize Quip to check for errors in code and text with our marketing campaigns. Again, having the ability to communicate about each project in its own space - lowering email clutter, not losing comments or edits - has been invaluable.

Quip review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Awesome, and I can't wait for more!"

What do you like best?

Collaborating with the team, since we are all spread out. Makes everything organized and accessible.

What do you dislike?

Customization lacks; would be nice to colour-code within the document. Also, would be nice to have a video chat function within Quip so as to not use a separate tool for that. Finally, not being able to attach PDFs, PowerPoints, etc. as stand-alone items has been challenging, as it would be nice to store everything in one place. We have had to outsource to Dropbox for that service.

We didn't like the disorganization of Google Docs, and wanted the folders with documents visible to everyone in the same way. We also love the real-time collaboration, working on the desktop version, the checklists, and the chat. We are solving internal communication issues with Quip.

Quip review by <span>Isa S.</span>
Isa S.

"Quip as a project management tool"

What do you like best?

Quip allows for seemless integration with Salesforce and has a lot of easy to use features.

What do you dislike?

Quip is pretty laggy once you start involving multiple project management elements. For instance, a shared spreadsheet that google docs could easily handle lags tremendously in Quip.

Quip has been a great tool for our HR department and our C level executives love the mobile interface - this makes it easier for us to get important decisions approved quickly.

Quip review by <span>Hank S.</span>
Hank S.

"Quip and Thoughts"

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy it ease of use and the fact that i can chat with someone when I have questions... Its fairly easy to organize as well...

Assigning a project and communication is a godsend.... I am able to make sure my team follows up on task and projects easily..

What do you dislike?

NO CALENDAR TO DATE AND SET REMINDERS....Its a killer and difficult to manage a deadline and or time sensitive project with out that...

Also the limitation on HOW to organize folders in your own folder in tough..

Recommendations to others considering the product

solid performing program, allows for you to tweak it...

Follow up consistently has been much improved...

the ability to imp[ort a customer list and go down the check list, as well as add to the list is super helpful

Quip review by <span>Joe P.</span>
Joe P.

"Quip - User friendly and mobile"

What do you like best?

I love Quip's mobile app. It syncs perfectly with the desktop app and I've used it to draft content and deliverables when I'm not around WiFi.

What do you dislike?

The spreadsheets, while they have come a long way, still don't quite meet my expectations vs. Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend that you try it out yourself - Quip allows you to have a personal account side-by-side with your business account. The transition between the two is seamless and provides a great use case for organizing your entire like with Quip. If you're frustrated with Google Docs/Trello/Asana, give Quip a try.

It's difficult to coordinate projects across offices, and across departments. Quip has allowed us to quickly move and coordinate on multiple projects, and document that progress that we've made.

Quip review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Quip is a great resource "

What do you like best?

Quip allows for collaboration amongst many people within the company, it is great resource to work together without being disruptive in the work place. It allows for and works will with different systems (google docs, word, etc.). There is a chat system within quip that allows for easy interaction between peers. We did a trial prior to purchasing and the trial version was a great way to know we wanted to buy quip and that it would be useful to our organization.

What do you dislike?

The copy/paste feature was not as robust. When I attempted to copy content from one source into the Quip doc the formatting was difficult to fix especially where bullets were used to define the content. The interface takes some getting used to, but this is like any other system.

The system allows users to effortlessly preview changes, comments, and annotations to their docs and spreadsheets using their smartphones and tablets. Quip also makes it a breeze to import your documents from a variety of sources. You can import from Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, Box, Google Docs, and more.

Quip review by <span>Kevin M.</span>
Kevin M.

"Quip with Lean Business"

What do you like best?

Many great features on Quip that make it comparable with to working with Google Docs or Sharepoint. The readability and intuitiveness on the comment-history feature in a personal stand out favorite of mine.

What do you dislike?

Although this is similar to issues I've experienced on other similar applications, the search function needs improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Luckily with Quip the main issues are fixable, will be a great product!

We were working with a remote team where 10+ people where spread out and needing to move quick to finalize contracts/updates to land business. The intuitiveness of the app was the biggest benefit with Quip - usability acceptance across Legal, Accounting, Development teams is a huge win.

Quip review by <span>Hannah E.</span>
Hannah E.

"Slack on steriods"

What do you like best?

If you have a larger office and need to communicate with different groups within your department, Quip is great - you can set tasks that can be completed, chat, upload images, and documents.

What do you dislike?

I liked this so much that I wanted to use it personally with friends and family, but you had to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a larger company that regularly needs to communicate with different employees and set tasks, this is for you.

Communication

Quip review by User in Computer Software

"If you are a Salesforce organization--you need Quip!!"

What do you like best?

It takes a few days to get used to, but I prefer Quip over Google Docs for sharing documents and taking notes. The sync and sharing ability with Salesforce and fellow employees makes for a super easy and helpful work tool.

What do you dislike?

Wasn't easiest to use and follow out of the box--took a few days to really get comfortable with the tool, but now I love it and use daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Salesforce CRM and are looking for a business content collaboration type tool--look no further honestly.

I use primary to take notes on customer calls and immediately share with colleagues and sync notes to Salesforce. Also use for collaboration projects (customer collateral, marketing materials, etc.)

Quip review by <span>Igor P.</span>
Igor P.

"Quip - your productivity gear"

What do you like best?

Aesthetic and fluid interfeca hands down. You can create documents with ease and share them slicker than other platform currently offer. I like emoji, live markdown and overal simplicity with document creation. Sprerdsheat has 80% of functionality that most users needs.

What do you dislike?

Search & organization need improvements. Search sometimes has lags (probably file sync time) and organization needs multi selection of files & folders for better/professional multi copy/remove/delete feature. Spreadsheets could offer charts, better conditional formating (with formulas, not just cell values oriented) and internalization of date formats (like currency already are). I would like to see offline backup as well.

I can track my projects, overview my lists, collaborate with others efficiently on editing and commenting as well.

Quip review by <span>Daniel M.</span>
Daniel M.

"Quip Review by Daniel"

What do you like best?

There are a few things I really like within Quip: Live chat function, updates are in real-time, easy to organize and find shares documents, the task assignment which helps organize roles, and that it has a single-sign on function.

What do you dislike?

Nobody (including myself) has had any real complaints about using Quip!

It's a space that supports collaboration and keeps teams on track with the various projects we have going on. I think the biggest benefit it that in keeps all tasks, schedules, and documentation in one place to that everyone is accountable and everyone can work together in a single space without having to look all over the place for information or content.

Quip review by <span>Joseph S.</span>
Joseph S.

"Best Collaboration Tool I've Used!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the flexibility with adding apps to various documents (calendars, spreadsheets, etc.) and then being able to assign individuals, alerting them to the content. Also, being able to comment about various elements in a document but keeping the flow of communication streamlined is immensely helpful to keep everyone in the know.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike yet. So far so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Doesn't hurt to do a trial.

Communication and collaboration outside of standard email.

Quip review by Administrator in Military
Administrator in Military

"A company poised for greatness and technology, but will greed get in the way of innovation?"

What do you like best?

Supports 3rd party applications in ways that the competition cannot compete with.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app has it's issues. Technology companies need to be on top of the requests of users, not sure Quip will make innovations based on need over potential profits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is there newer and better software that fits your niche? Always check search engines for the best software for your needs before signing up for anything. Also, if you find that it is not what you need, don't feel stuck and move on.

Organizing project development between team members as well as clients. I wish I was using this as a freelancer, much better than slack!

Quip review by <span>Lawrence K.</span>
Lawrence K.

"Quip is so Good!"

What do you like best?

Quip has a beautiful way of letting my organize my business. I can compartmentalize and sub- divide areas of my business, tasks, and even projects. In addition, Quip chat works wonderfully. Having most of my documents and chats in one app really increase the efficiency of my work, and my ability to archive what's important.

What do you dislike?

Quip seems to be a little daunting for new users to use. I'm not sure what it is, but I have trouble getting classmates, or others to use Quip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to try it; Quip is wonderful. Also, don't be afraid to use Quip chat.

Quip is really helping me organize my business and knowledge. The use of infinite sub-folders had been tremendously useful.

Quip review by <span>Tyler W.</span>
Tyler W.

"Awesome Tool comes From Awesome Company"

What do you like best?

How easy it was to integrate with my applications, and how easy it was for my team to download. Didn't have to ask for help or check out the FAQ/Support page. The templates that they provide are just what I was looking for. They send them in an email, all you have to do is click on them and they load right inside of Quip. It is really amazing what technology can do now.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything for me to not like. I love how easy to use and useful it is. I dislike that I love QUIP. I don't exactly love the layout of quip on slack, but I am sure there is a way to change it. It doesn't hinder me from doing what I need too, just not how I like it to look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just say give it a shot. What is the worst that can happen, you don't like it and have to remove it. I can assure you that is probably as easy as they made everything else. I know I have spent valuable time trying to get everything to work right or load for everyone the exact same way, that this is a no brainer. Be smart, equip with Quip

Team collaboration with the use of templates is cutting down the time I spend hacking away on the old keyboard.

Quip review by Administrator

"Quip-text editor that allows you to professionally create documents on any device"

What do you like best?

What I like about the Quip app:

messaging system

-document editor

-Access to the document of all users

-General editing of the document

-possibility to create a closed document (edit it, and then show it to all other users)

- topic creation

-chat, documents, task list, tables

-the document can be edited and the subject pops up a message called "changes"

-import files from Dropbox, Google drive and others

What do you dislike?

My opinion is an excellent program. I'm happy to use it on the robot, it helps me a lot. I did not see any shortcomings, everything was collected here

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in everyday life and at work you often encounter the need to share documents to several users and try to find the perfect solution, then Quip is what you need. I recommend downloading this application, it helps me to work on team creation of documents. You can create themes and edit the documents in them together, make changes.

At work, I create documents and together with the employees we see that the tab shows everything that is changed in the document. It is very good to work in command. I create topics so that all employees can see the documents and can participate in their changes

Quip review by <span>Nathan D.</span>
Nathan D.

"Quip is great for collaborating with your co-workers!"

What do you like best?

You can literally @ pretty much anything!

What do you dislike?

It is occasionally difficult to collaborate when many users are updating at the same time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get going on it! Your team will figure it out so quickly and everyone will love it.

We have a lot of problems staying on the same page. Lately our team has been using quip to collaborate on documents that we are sending to our higher ups in order to streamline our own processes

Quip review by <span>Ravi S.</span>
Ravi S.

"Quip is the center of my [digital] world"

What do you like best?

The ability to @mention other people and documents.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a single place to see incomplete tasks (check mark items).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a way to see all open tasks in a single place, and enhance the task a little more to include things like hashtags, priorities, times, prerequisites. I currently use Ticktick.com for my personal task management, but it would be amazing if all my tasks were in Quip.

True collaboration on publications, such as sites, articles, and even storyboards for videos/courses.

Quip review by <span>Henry C.</span>
Henry C.

"Simple to use - powerful collaboration"

What do you like best?

All of my team's in-process documents are in one, easily accessible location. It is incredibly easy for one-off document sharing outside the team.

What do you dislike?

Organization of documents in large teams. I would like to tag documents in multiple categories for better search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best features is the ability to make a single document accessible and editable. We have used this with blog contractors for last-minute revisions.

There a lot of online tools for team collaboration. Most are either too basic or have some many features that a training class is needed to contribute without fear or impacting someone else's work. For our team, quip provides just the right balance.

Quip review by User in Computer Software

"Favorite collaboration tool I've used!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface available on every experience - it's very consistent across the web version, mobile app and desktop app. It's very clean, it's easy to use, it's accessible offline and the conversation tracking is much easier to track than in other tools I've used. I don't use the chat feature since we use a handful of other chat tools, but it's nice to have. Recently it was release to leverage kanban, calendars, check lists - lots of really helpful functionality for what you need to use. If you're a Salesforce or Gmail user - Quip copy & pastes *and maintains the styling with bullets, text, et* (angels sing) - which was HUGE for me!

What do you dislike?

If you're a quick responder in collaboration environments, you'll likely see a notification in your app, and respond to it, by the time you get an email notification. I also have a hard time highlighting text in Quip and you cannot indent (which is strange but I can live with.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe there is a free trial - definitely give it a try! I think you'll find it super easy to use, simple to navigate and delightful overall to use

I love that I can work offline and my changes are saved. Everyone knows wifi on planes is useless - but I can update my quip docs, do what I need to do, and it's saved. I also prefer the folder structure to other tools - I can color code, store in multiple folders if I need to, the search is super easy to use and I just generally

Quip review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Great document editor! "

What do you like best?

Quip quickly saves all changes to the cloud. You can import or export Office files, but this feels more like a concession than a feature. Collaboration is fast and easy!

I really like using the chat function so that my director and I can quickly make additions and notes on the document between the two of us.

What do you dislike?

The app is very comprehensive, but it is not wholly unique. Adding identifying features would increase necessity of this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Working together is made very easy. Changes made when multiple people are working are saved in such a way that allows multiple people to see all changes almost immediately. When overlapping changes do arise–such as two people editing the same word–a “news feed” on the side of the document lets users quickly compare the two edits.

Text search within the document is helpful in finding information quickly. The "to-do" list functions works really well for my organizational style.

Quip review by <span>Butterfly F.</span>
Butterfly F.

"A blessing that solved a major problem for a service designed with an online no paper platform"

What do you like best?

A blessing that solved a major problem for a service designed with an online no paper platform. A major problem a paperless company faces is filing. That's right filing! Clicking save requires thought and hope that it goes where you wanted to. Sometimes setting up the save to feature is overlooked by busy CEO's...... Me, and click and go and be oh crap come meeting time when we spend the first half of the meeting searching to finally conceded to the old saying I will send it to after... After well that can mean anything in our world. This wonderful approach appeared and saved my life. I can save and organize as fast as clicking save. Then amazement begins the meeting happens while doing other things at the same time and now not only do I devote my life to saving the world to my colleagues and advisors I look like a super hero. Wanna see automation operated by humans with a make me look good aspect this is the most important tool. I just need to figure out what to do with my new assistant I hired to keep my s#%t organized. I am sure there are a few years worth of document filed in Internet land that someone from some meeting is still watching their email for that document I couldn't fine and said I will send after the meeting. Thanks for putting the S back on my chest

What do you dislike?

That I hired a new assistant a day before starting this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hire a assistant till you use this

Please see above. This question is what I solved. Redundant repetitive actions. Was this question added to play with someone's mind for honesty? If so nice move. If not..... I got an assistant that needs something to do..... keep up the good work... PS I need a couple more t-shirts. Well more that a couple 2 men's grey or black 1 2xl and 1 medium, and 2 of the ladies( oh I think that's politically correct) that can be medium. Thanks please let me know if I can write more reviews now that I am not hunting for lost files.

Quip review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Even the smallest project benefits from Quip"

What do you like best?

Versatility of storing files in folders and labeling/starring them. Ability to comment on text portions and even chart cells. The fact that all looks like real files like as if it's on my own computer. Fantastic support and super friendly as well!!

What do you dislike?

Would be great to separate changes of a document and the comments in a document. At times the left bar gets overwhelmingly full and the comments are buried. Also, creating a comment on a cell needs a learning curve because the yellow bubble shows top right as opposed to left with text – the bubble with text shows as an outliner, the bubble for the cell as a yellow full dot. It is not consistent in appearance and position. Also the icons for Inbox and All Documents look too similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start by using it for yourself, like for notes, lists, and spreadsheets with an extra benefit of instant backup to the cloud. Put it on your iPad/tablet too.

To me, honestly, Quip is the best online productivity suite in the past ten years, on par with Gmail. It's better than Google Docs in terms of versatility. I'm working on smaller projects that involve spread sheets, lists and text. In particular I'm solving the problem of organizing events and international travel.

Quip review by <span>Deniz T.</span>
Deniz T.

"Quip can be massive for Startups!"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and makes the onboarding process for co-workers very easy. It furthermore works very reliable, you always know what is going on with your projects and stay up to date with its app even when you are on the go.

What do you dislike?

There really is no special aspect I dislike. Which doesn't not mean it can't get any better.

We use Quip as an organizer, a management tool, a BIG whiteboard for all our ideas, our projects... pretty much all things we do in our company - sometimes we even create content through Quip. As a startup we started using Quip from day one and it especially helped us save a lot of meetings.

Quip review by Executive Sponsor in Publishing
Executive Sponsor in Publishing

"Love this"

What do you like best?

It's a superbly productive way of working together with people on one document. Even if you're sitting on opposite sides of the same desk it's much, much better than trying to do it by one person editing and the other talking.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't like tables and other things which come inside Word documents very much, I have found it best for just simple long documents. Haven't tried spreadsheets.

I have failed to understand their pricing model. So far it's academic because I seem to be able to use it for free but on a per-person-per-month pricing plan it could be very expensive for me because as well as a small number of core team members, I also work with an eclectic and broad group of other collaborators and it would not be cost-effective for me if I had to pay for each of them when we might only ever work together on one thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to work out the pricing thing. But overall for collaborative document creation and editing I think it's great. You'll still need other tools to store and format the documents, but this fits in a niche nicely for me

I work with lots of people on lots of documents and it has made it much easier. No more reconciling multiple versions in Word, no more versions getting out of sync. As an avowed non-Google user this is the best I have come across (people say Google Docs also works well but I wouldn't know).

Quip review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Investment Management
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Investment Management

"Collaborative spreadsheet and word"

What do you like best?

This has been my go-to cloud word processing and spreadsheet. I love how it allows collaboration like Google docs and integration with Slack.

I can even insert a spreadsheet into a word file.

It also allows exporting into PDF or markdown. I'm using this more than Evernote.

What do you dislike?

The android app still needs improvement. There is a bug where the cursor suddenly jumps to other place while typing.

I wish they would add handwriting feature. This will then fully replace my OneNote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The spreadsheet feature supports formulas and formatting. For macros, scripts or more complex spreadsheet, Excel is your best bet.

Word processing, spreadsheet and collaboration. Without collaboration, users are stuck with the annoying Microsoft "this file is locked for editing" error.

Quip review by <span>Albert H.</span>
Albert H.

"Quip Review"

What do you like best?

I've used Quip for almost 3 years now at various companies and it's honestly been one of the best business tools I've ever used. The versatility of Quip to use as a wiki, documentation, to do lists, and more is amazing. It also has a very simple and intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that Quip can't really measure up to the feature sets of programs like Excel. I realize more features comes at the cost of usability, but there are many Excel features that I do miss

We are applying so much more documentation than we have before. Our collaboration rate on documents has also risen since we started using Quip