Quizlet

Quizlet builds simple tools that let you study anything, anywhere.

Work for Quizlet?

Learning about Quizlet?

Quizlet Reviews

Ask Quizlet a Question
Showing 154 Quizlet reviews
Quizlet review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"Study on the go"

What do you like best?

This tool is perfect for studying because you have access to your study sets from anywhere without having to bring along stacks of index cards. Not only are they virtual flash cards, but there are fun interactive games as well as tests to assess your skills. This is perfect for my foreign language classroom and is easily connected with Google classroom so that I can monitor and track student progress.

What do you dislike?

There are not too many faults with Quizlet however sometimes it is hard to use quizlet.live on a mobile device. To access the teacher features you must pay for a subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone trying to learn new terms because of its ease of use and accessibility. Teachers, this is a must for the classroom! My students love getting to create their own study sets and play quizlet.live in class as a review tool.

I am able to track and monitor student progress with the study tool. Students have another platform for learning a new language. Since many of my students are technology savvy and carry thier phones with them all of the time this makes it easy for them to access their vocabualry lists for the unit. They are also able to practice proonunication becuase of the text to speech feature!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quizlet
Quizlet review by Chante' B.
Chante' B.

"Great Educational tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can integrate questions and visuals to use for my students in one place. I can also edit sets of facts or concepts in both my phone and my computer and they sync up easily. I found using the product for my daughter and her studies in elementary is very helpful and she really seemed to grasp some o the reading concepts faster this way. I was able to provide a link of the sets she was working on with her tutor and other education support staff and we were all able to make sure she was working on the same thing simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to give a student access to the correct classroom if they do not respond to the proper link. Sometimes the provided text for some words is incorrect and I have to be careful when using the defining tool for my sets. I feel like they need a few more testing tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend getting the upgrade if you can so that you can really take advantage of all of the analytical tools in the program.

From an educator standpoint, this tool is wonderful. It really takes the idea of staying connected with your students and their progress and makes it easy for everyone.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

Quizlet review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Excellent platform for learning"

What do you like best?

The best feature of quizlet is that it provides flashcards and create your own quiz options which are very good for subjects which focus more on memorizing and rote learning. It is very easy to use and set up - you can just use your google or facebook account to create a quizlet one! I like how easy it is to search for pre-existing quizzes as well on quizlet.

What do you dislike?

The layouts that quizlets provides work out well only for very generalized topics. For example, it is not really a good place to learn more about logic-based answers. There is also no way to verify if the information provided in a particular quiz on quizlet is correct or not because they do not validate it; this can be pretty misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using it for simpler topics and to cross check the information provided in quizlet, just in case.

I have mostly used quizlet to post tutoring sessions for reviews for final exams. I have also used this to learn more about some courses myself. It definitely is easy to use and access, considering it is so popular and has information on almost all sorts of generic topics.

Quizlet review by Amelia S.
Amelia S.

"It has a lot of AMAZING features"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is the best place for exam preparation in college. It has flashcards for so many topics which help you quiz yourself! It lets you generate tests for yourself and has notes available on so many topics, including those even by specific professors. It is a fun way to learn things and I always recommend it to my tutees.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike in the actual software of Quizlet. All of the information provided on quizlet is not reliable because there is no way to verify it. It also does not have a lot of templates which do not support a lot of learning styles. There are a lot of typing errors in the content and a lot of the information is not even provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to find information on quizlet and make use of the flashcards.

I often refer it to my tutees and biggest benefit that I have discovered about Quizlet is that it provides a lot of information on very specific topics.

Quizlet review by Alicia T.
Alicia T.

"Great study tool!"

What do you like best?

I love the various options for each study set. Kids like having the option to choose the activity that they find the most helpful. I also love how there is the option to have the flashcards read aloud.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps I just haven't discovered it yet, but I would love for the "test" option to be able to be uploaded to google classroom. When I have used it as a quiz in the past, I went to each student's computer, chose the options I wanted them to have, created the test, then had them show me their score when finished. I would like the option to create a test at one time and share it with a group via classroom then have the scores uploaded there. Perhaps that does occur with a paid subscription. So far, I have only used the free option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used quizlet to study for Praxis exams for my own benefit, and I have used quizlet to create study sets for students to use to study for vocabulary tests, etc. The only issue I have had is there is no option for multiple answers for one word or one question. Each card has to have its match. It would be nice if two options could be chosen, etc.

Quizlet study sets provide students with at-home study practice with material for which they have no textbook. Quizlet offers students a variety of study tools to keep them engaged.

Quizlet review by Trey R.
Trey R.

"Good Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like most about Quizlet is the pre-built diagrams. I use the pre-build diagrams very often, especially when I need information on a subject that I don't have on hand myself. The diagrams have been handy on a number of occasions. I also recommend the diagrams to my students to use to expand their knowledge on a subject matter. They are great for gathering more information. Another thing that I like a lot about Quizlet is the electronic flashcards. I recommend using Flashcards to all of my students for certain tests and quizzes. Having to manually create one flash card at a time with paper is time consuming not to mention a hassle to carry around with you. Being able to use Quizlet to create electronic flashcards has been really nice. My students really appreciate them as well. Not only can you access them from anywhere, but you can edit them as necessary without having to make a totally new flashcard. The flashcards are a good way to test yourself. I even create a folder containing flashcards and the folder with my students as another study tool. This is good because I am easily able to provide them with a study tool that I build for them. Quizlet makes it easy for me to help my students learn and enhance their studying experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was able to share just the flashcards that I create with my students. Unfortunately, I'm only able to share my flashcards if I share the entire folder that the flashcards are contained in. So, I have gotten around this by creating a folder that just contains all of my flashcards and sharing that whole folder with students. However, if I were able to share just flashcards without having to share the entire folder, it would be much easier. The other thing that I think could be improved about Quizlet is the actual design of the flashcards. There is currently only one design for flashcards and they all look exactly the same. Being able to change the colors, fonts and even add pictures would enhance the user experience and keep people more engaged when going from flashcard to flashcard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Quizlet for any teacher or student that would like to enhance their study experience. Being able to have electronic flashcards is one of the best things about Quizlet - you can create flashcards and access them from anywhere that you are studying. I also recommend to my students - or to anyone who uses Quizlet with a group - that they share with each other so they can have access to everyone's study materials that they created. Quizlet has been a huge benefit and increased grades of all my my students who take advantage of the service.

The biggest benefit that I have discovered about Quizlet is that you are able to share your information with others. This has been such a nice tool because I'm able to create things for my students and enhance their study experience. Quizlet allows me to create practice exams so that my students can easily access and go over the things that I recommend are of importance. Quizlet has not only enhanced the experience for my students, but it has actually improved the grades of those students of mine who are taking advantage of Quizlet. I appreciate that there is a free and a paid version of Quizlet. My students are spending enough money on their education, I can't ask that they spend more money for Quizlet. So, the fact that they can still utilize the benefits of Quizlet without having to pay for a membership has helped us a lot and proven beneficial for those students who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford a Quizlet membership.

Quizlet review by Jonna Leanne P.
Jonna Leanne P.

"Not just an easy to use app, it’s also a community helping each other by sharing content"

What do you like best?

The best part of quizlet has been being able to take pictures on my notes and use the to easily right on the card and get th content all in one, easy to ready, and use, place.

What do you dislike?

The instructions were ok, I really had trouble findng out how to add a card and sometimes when you want to type in the translated word and press enter, the first words on the car may or may not be there.

Currently I am using it to learn luangues.

However, I can see myself using it as a form of tram build activity in getting the team to create a card and guess who said what to learn about your comwoejers. It could do the same with client and portfolio knowledge. This app really helps with that anything that you need assistance with. I would much rather even have my work meeting notes on here to review than in paper.

Quizlet review by Ryan A.
Ryan A.

"Quizlet is an excellent program to help students learn by seeing and listening."

What do you like best?

I liked the way the program allowed me to chose different ways to present the materials. I use Quizlet as a fun game or contest for my students. It is pretty versatile while working on it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to adjust the difficulty because I teach students with special needs. It would like to see more pictures and animation to help my students who learn best by visual delivery of the lesson. Sometimes during exam week, quizlet lags. There is no verification method for quizlet cards, thus it is difficult to tell whether the information is accurate or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is great for teaching lessons and review for assessments.

Having a program that is visual and also provides audio is engaging to my students. This program always multiple ways to present materials. It is important to me to be able to choose the best method for each student or class to learn.

Quizlet review by Rema B.
Rema B.

"Great App for Studying"

What do you like best?

The range of topics that one can find using Quizlet. You can learn, post, or review about almost any topic that you can imagine. I have used this for both myself as a student and for my students.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found that I dislike is the printing structure. I wish there was a way for me to format how I can print from this website. I also wish you could take individual "flashcards" and incorporate them into your study sets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to organize your information and your classes. You are able to organize your classes however you want, using either information you put in or other peoples flashcards that are already done and uploaded. I love using different sets of flashcards to give to my students or to use to study myself.

It is an easy way to incorporate technology into studying. It allows you to use already uploaded study sets for your own students or for yourself.

Quizlet review by Carly M.
Carly M.

"Quick, Easy, and Exactly What You Need"

What do you like best?

This application and website is available for teachers and students, and the functionality for each is top-notch. Even using the free account allows you to create classes, study sets, and to collaborate with other teachers to create study sets.

What do you dislike?

Some features are only available with a paid membership. While I believe this sight may be worth the insight the paid features provide, educators already must use their own money for so many things. This just adds to that list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using the paid subscription. The reports and control available through the paid membership is worth spending the money.

I have been able to engage every student in learning with this app. Regardless of a individual's learning style, auditory, visual, or kinesthetic, students can find an activity that engages them. What's better-- assigning groups with a paid membership makes differentiating easier and more manageable.

Quizlet review by Evan T.
Evan T.

"Great product for Flashcards!"

What do you like best?

In graduate school I used this product consistently to study for language tests. I thought it was great! Flashcards are a necessity, but not totally practical to take around with me everywhere I go, so having the ability to just bring my phone out and study whenever and wherever I needed to was really helpful! I love the fact that there are pre-made diagrams, so if you want to study a particular subject but don't have the exact information you can still be helped by using the pre-made diagrams.

What do you dislike?

I primarily use the flashcards for Hebrew studying, and sometimes the alphabet didn't come through on the quizlet program. Honestly, I really didn't have a lot of negative feelings towards Quizlet. I found it to be really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great for team collaboration and usefulness!

Collaboration. I use quizlet to invite other colleagues to collaborate on group study projects and create flashcards together. I also like the fact that you can create study sets and make them public so other people can benefit.

Quizlet review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"One of the best ways to self-test online"

What do you like best?

You can generate a way to self-test yourself on vocabulary terms. You can also find answers to multiple choice questions from textbooks on this website. There is an extensive amount of knowledge on this site.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to save study sets other people have created to your profile. You can bookmark entire folders, but not specific sets. There are often no explanation for answers, just the answer. So if you are ever confused on why an answer is what it is, it is up to you to figure it out. I also wish there was a way to keep track of grades on this website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely helpful for tutors, students, and teachers.

Instead of having to use paper to generate a quiz to help my students, I am able to create the quiz once, and use it over and over again. I have access the quiz from any device.

Quizlet review by Nathalie B.
Nathalie B.

"Great tool for review"

What do you like best?

I use Quizlet almost daily with my 5 to 10 year old students. It is very easy to use, both for the teacher as for the students. I set up the lists and sometimes students do it themselves. It is easy to share the lists with the students and they can practise individually. It is an ideal tool for differentiation.

What do you dislike?

I like Quizlet a lot. There is nothing wrong with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use devices in the classroom and you are looking for a differentiation or review tool, Quizlet is what you need.

Differentiation in the classroom, I have more time to work with children individually, students can work at their own level and rhythm, they can also practise at home to prepare for tests.

Quizlet review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"Digital flashcards that help focus what students need to study"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is constantly improving and adding features to help students learn and for teachers to engage the students. The new Live mode is competitive and a student favorite - as a teacher it requires no additional prep work for an instant review game.

What do you dislike?

I wish the user statistics displayed better. It is hard to see studying trends without looking at each individual student, even then it only shows the last score and not all scores they have gotten.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version gives plenty of options, but the paid version is reasonably priced - so I actually pay for this tool (it's one of the few). By having the paid version I can upload my own images, which is very useful.

I am able to share studying materials easily and students are able to learn. It works on a variety of mobile devices, with or without wi-fi (once they have studied the set once).

Quizlet review by Elliot Marcel M.
Elliot Marcel M.

"Best way to do language flashcards in a digital/virtual world"

What do you like best?

Amazing user interface that allows for non-latin script input which is absolutely crucial for studying a variety of different languages. That you can search for other developed sets means that much of the work is already complete in producing the flashcards so you can get straight into using them!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the duplication feature in quizlet makes modifications difficult when you are going through the flashcards. Overall though this is an absolutely fantastic platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best flashcard program out there that is compatible across platforms since it is browser based. If you are looking to provide a platform where students and all language learners can work on vocabulary and grammatical concepts, this is the place to do it!

Language study is the primary avenue that I have personally used, encouraged colleagues and students to use this software. Yet there is clearly

Quizlet review by A P.
A P.

"Very helpful tool!"

What do you like best?

As a professor of the natural sciences this is a very helpful tool to help my students succeed. I appreciate the ability to better provide my students with study material. The virtual flash cards are very helpful but the test and interactive games help allow students to assess your skills. This is perfect for my foreign language classroom and is easily connected with Google classroom so that I can monitor and track student progress.

What do you dislike?

I like most things especially the shareability! The search feature is sometimes cumbersome. Giving students access to the correct classroom can be hard if they do not chose the correct link. Using the defining tool for my sets provides incorrect words sometimes so be careful. There could also be more testing tools and games to aid those studying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The analytical tools that come with the upgrade offer a great additional realm of support.

I am helping educate the future generations in the natural sciences! I have seen a significant increase in student performance since moving from traditional study guides. As an educator, this tool has been a great addition for my students! Quizlet really makes it easier for the educator and student to stay connected on students and their progress. Quizlet helps me to track and monitor student progress with the study tool. Most students are technology savvy and carry their phones with them all of the time this makes it easy for them to access their vocabulary lists and learn the language of science.

"Quilt"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that I am able to track students' progress using Quizlet. Quizlet allows both teachers and students to create their own flash cards and flash card sets. Students are then able to practice terms from these study sets in a number of different ways. As a language teacher, Quizlet is a great app that I require all of my students to use on a weekly basis. I am able to track student progress and see which students completed which tasks, which terms students struggled with the most, and much more. Students also have the freedom to create their own study sets, giving them unlimited, free, practice with any important terminology across all subject areas. Finally, teachers are able to purchase Quizlet Pro accounts, which allow educators to create specific classes and control games like Quizlet Live, a fun and interactive review game using computers.

What do you dislike?

The only thing about Quizlet that I dislike is the fact that when a student begins a certain practice task, I am unable to see just how much of the task the student completed. From my teacher account, I can only see whether a student has not started, started, or completed a task. If a student starts, but doesn't complete a task, I can't see how far s/he got. I can see how much time was spent on the task, but that doesn't necessarily tell me how much s/he accomplished in the time period. Finally, some students think that they have "finished" a task, but when I look on my computer it shows s/he only started. It would be nice if there were a clear "end screen" that confirms a student has completed the task so that there is less confusion.

Educators use Quizlet to help students review important terminology and facts. This has given my students freedom to improve individual skills while still allowing me to see what they are doing and how much success they are having.

Quizlet review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Great Study Tool!"

What do you like best?

In Quizlet, I like that you can create your own sets or search other sets. Allowing users to search other sets saves users time from "recreating the wheel". Sometimes another user has a set that is exactly what you need!

What do you dislike?

When you first start using Quizlet it can be a little overwhelming. There are a lot of options and it is hard to understand what all the options are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is a great tool for studying and for helping your students study. There is a great feature that allows you to search for other sets that are already created so that you do not have to always create your own. That is amazing for teachers that are short on time!

I used this when I studied for college and now use it in the classroom.

Quizlet review by User in Financial Services

"Quizlet for Quick Review"

What do you like best?

Quizlet allows a user to input their own vocabulary or terms and definitions. Then, it creates flashcards and allows the user to play a number of different games. I like this review for my students because they get a review that is designed by me, and it is specifically aligns with standards and our curriculum. Plenty of websites have review worksheets, games, and activities, this way I can guarantee that the students are reviewing the exact information they need to review.

What do you dislike?

Some of the games are not as user-friendly as they could be. It works very well if you have the vocabulary word and one synonym. It might also work well for a foreign language review with one word and a direct translation. One of the games require students to type in the missing definition. If the answer is off slightly, such as “a group of people” instead of “the group of people,” it is marked incorrectly. This can be frustrating for students. I try to steer my students towards games that are easier to navigate.

It is free, which is helpful for a cash-strapped teacher!

Quizlet review by Aidan G.
Aidan G.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is very easy to set up and is a great tool for self-studies, which is something I always recommend to my students. It has a free version which includes a lot of useful features like flashcards, templates, and quizzes as well.

What do you dislike?

It can only be used for certain type of quizzes and has a lot of spelling errors. Some information is incorrect as well because users can upload any information without any verification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for exam preparation, it will do you wonders!

I use it to publish review notes for my students for exams. I also use it for a couple of my own classes and assignments. it is very helpful and easy to use.

Quizlet review by Gabrielle M.
Gabrielle M.

"Tutoring Dreams"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is easy and user friendly. I hold tutoring appointments, and I'm able to create and share study sets with my students.

What do you dislike?

I used Quizlet Plus for 6 months, however, I did not find the benefits for the service to be worth it. I frequently used the study sets that allowed me to attach pictures, but otherwise I found little more that enhanced the service beyond the free sign up.

I had difficulty with my students not knowing what to study, however, with my own flash cards set they are able to access study materials from home.

Quizlet review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Used to assess client's knowledge!!!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's free. It's easy to use and you can use other's quizzes as a template for your own which saves so much time. It's also super convenient; all i have to do is text my clients the link for them to do the quiz over their cell phone while in a session. It's very helpful to getting rid of the experience of toting around so many documents. Overall, it saves time and money

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the free answer questions have to be so perfect in spelling. it makes it harder to assess where a student truly is in terms of their knowledge. Also it takes a long time to format quizzes- this could be due to using the free versions, but I find this very tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version to see what it can do for you! I would definitely recommend it, but don't waste time with the free version if you plan to use it a lot. You might as well buy the paid version.

I spend less time coming up with questions on the spot of how to assess my clients knowledge. this allows me to spend more time in other areas during our appointments together. The benefits are definitely appreciated and I'm thankful to have used this software so versatily, as I once only used it as a student myself.

Quizlet review by Zakiah M.
Zakiah M.

"A great flash-card resource."

What do you like best?

My favorite part about quizlet is the ability to streamline all of my study flash cards into one conducive app.. I have access to them on my iPhone, iPad, laptop and more. In addition to having access to my flashcards, I can look for resources other students have made public, and utilize that information to my studying advantage.

What do you dislike?

The flashcards are very boring, I think having more design options (as right now there are none), would make studying a little more fun and exciting. Also, while I like the quizzing/exam mode, I wish there were more options as to how you can design an exam.

The biggest benefit with quizlet is being able to share your information with others.

Quizlet review by Marie K.
Marie K.

"Quizzes for students with nice interactive features"

What do you like best?

It offers some nice prebuilt features for students to learn and retry their progress. The class management is excellent especially in comparison with other similar tools the system is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

I think it needs a mobile rework or something to gain better access while you are not at home. Also, I did not receive some submissions from my students. Also, there were some spelling issues and one big disadvantage in my opinion: The answers have to be 100% correctly spelled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many similar tools on the market that I think you should try this one in the free version and so can yourself make an own opinion. The price for extra features is reasonable and it offers some nice features.

I use it here and there to build quizzes for my students but not so regularly anymore. I think there are more tools that are in most situations better suited for me.

"My students love it"

What do you like best?

My students love using Quizlet! Students enjoy having Quizlet as a study tool, especially for vocabulary and countries and capitals. I love using the games to help my students review information. If my students had 1:1 devices, I would use Quizlet Live often. This feature allows them to compete in real time. Quizlet is free and very easy for even the least tech-savvy teachers to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am not considered a "Teacher" unless I subscribe to the service. The free edition is perfect for my needs. I also dislike that my students expect all of the information on the tests to be on Quizlet. This is not an issue with the program but it is a downfall of utilizing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not pay for this service unless you plan to have students take tests on Quizlet for a grade. The free version fulfills all of my needs

Quizlet gives my students an easy, portable way to study. I also use it occasionally to review information.

Quizlet review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"Quizlet - The Study Tool for Academics of All Ages"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is the perfect study tool for academics of all ages. Students as young as kindergarten can use this as there is picture integration (for use in vocabulary acquisition, or phonetic identification) but it is not designed to exclude the oldest of students from middle to college and beyond. Between flash cards and game integration, Quizlet helps students learn in an easily manageable and fun way.

What do you dislike?

In the game integration for studying, students must use the exact words as the study set, which can cause complications in accurate score tracking when words are misspelled or strings of words are mixed up. This could easily be addressed through keyword tracking or by adding more variety of games.

Getting students to study is a task I wish upon on one. Since introducing Quizlet, students constantly ask if the topic we are studying as a Quizlet available because they enjoy using the system, and even more important, it WORKS! Students who use Quizlet score much higher on exams that students who do not. The success helps students stay motivated, and relieves the pressure to constantly remind students to study--they do it themselves at their own free will because Quizlet is engaging and supports their learning.

Quizlet review by Rachael M.
Rachael M.

"Quizlet for Nursing Education"

What do you like best?

I like that Quizlet has free options with available upgrades. One of my favorite features is to be able to copy questions from other quizlets if they are appropriate to the content I'm covering with my students. It's less work than having to type out each individual entry if they are similar. I like that my students can access quizlets from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I find the number of advertisements on the desktop site to be distracting. I wish you could attribute content to a source or resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Quizlet is a great cost-effective means of creating content for students. I appreciate that there are both paid versions and free versions for instructors. I personally use quizlet to provide exam review opportunities for nursing students.

I'm always aiming to decrease my students costs associated with college. Because quizlet is free, it reduces the financial strain on my students and allows me to focus on delivering content. It is an easy way for me to provide review material for course exams and for review for their boards examination.

Quizlet review by Isha G.
Isha G.

"Fun and learn"

What do you like best?

Some quizzes are already made for you. As an educator, we are always hard pressed for time. They have quizzes for all ages and whatever skills you need.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about quizlet. Maybe I am not a paid member, I see many advertisements on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy way to assess kids' learning after a skill has been taught or it is a good way to utilize it as a warm up.

I use Quizlets to engage my students in blended learning and sometimes, I use the quizzes to assess their understanding in an informal manner.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

Besides being able to customize study sets for individual classes, Quizlet allows students to study by themselves or in small groups in ways that work for them. I love the class-wide Quizlet Live feature too.

A great website for my students to see the questions for the class and check the notes before the exam.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Quizlet is that the free version does not allow you track the progress of students. As a teacher, we do not always have the budget to afford the upgraded version. Having this ability on the free version would be a huge benefit to all teachers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great asset for all of my classes. Would definitely recommend it to all the people involved in the education sector. A big thumbs up.

I use it at my University ( California Polytechnic) to help students review notes for my peer mentor class and learn the tricks to get an A in class.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

This tool allows students to easily review classroom content. It is easy to organize data and give students access to teacher created materials. I love that teachers can add audio to their content to make it more interactive for students. Also, my students are able to review all the notes for this, which has led to increase in the class grade.

What do you dislike?

The font and layout get really messed up on Android devices which is not good since I have mostly used it on my android phone and not on iPhones. My students have the problem only in this and I would love if they can fix that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best software out there to help students prepare for exams and review notes. A big thumbs up.

I use it with my students to help them review notes and solve questions before the exams in my peer review sessions. At ASU we love to help our students and this software has made that possible.

Quizlet review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Quizlet for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

Quizlet isn’t just for that college student looking to study for their geology final. Quizelt has been a huge help in tutoring students and assigning words for vocabulary. Implementing Quizlet into our vocabulary units has been very helpful. Students can practice on your own and you are in charge of which words you are assigning. Tests are administered at the beginning of each tutoring session with us and Quizlet has shown to be very effective. Parents and tutors have seen a ton of improvement in students.

What do you dislike?

The only con I would say is the test feature. There should be a way to turn a test on by an administrator so the student cannot take a test before we assign it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love quizlet. This is a great study tool and saves loads of time!

Saves time on curriculum practice and leaves room to teach more material.

Quizlet review by Roshni P.
Roshni P.

"Great product, it is very useful. "

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about this product is that it is very easy to use and access for anyone. This product is something to make it easier for teachers to input information and make it accessible to a group of students. It really serves its purpose and it is also nice because anyone can access the information, so if another teacher has input something, anyone can easily access that and not have to put a lot more effort into inputting the same information again.

What do you dislike?

Their actually is not much that I dislike because it is very simple and straight forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this to others that are still considering because it meets many requirements and can be easily accessible to students and teachers alike.

I can easily access all the words that I need and send them to other teachers so they can easily see them and use the tests or games within there own classroom. I think that this took really benefits students as well as teachers because you only need to input information once and you can send it to all the students who need it. It can also be accessed anywhere, which makes it even easier to use because students use cellphones and they can access it on there as well. It is good for them to practice with tests and flashcards because it really helps them to learn better.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Quizlet is great for the teacher and student"

What do you like best?

I like using quizlet's flashcard setup to view questions and answers as well as use them with my students.

What do you dislike?

Some of the games that are generated with the study information aren't the most engaging or fun. I find that my students would rather use the premade quizlets or make their own simply for the ability to use flashcards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend encouraging your students to create quizlets that they share with each other. It can be a great tool for a chapter review, or for a larger project where groups of students review specific chapters and then you are left with a nice, large final exam review.

I have had students offer to make a quizlet to share with the entire class, and this has been great because not only does that provide my students with study material I didn't have to create myself, but it gives my students more ownership over the content.

Quizlet review by Barbara D.
Barbara D.

"Quizlet is a great study tool for languages"

What do you like best?

That it has so many ways to practice vocabulary. You can download the app on your smart phone and review vocabulary while you wait in line, you can play games, it has a pronunciation feature so you can hear how the words sound, you can print flashcards, you can play team games from your phone in class.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything about Quizlet that I dislike, its a great application for teaching foreign languages to high school students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

free, easy to use, many users have already created sets for popular textbook series so you should search before you take time to create. I have used this app myself to prepare for licensing exams, really its great for every level from elementary to college. Younger children could create their own quizlets for spelling words or vocabulary from a short text.

Providing students with a study aid where they are at (on their smartphones) better grades on vocabulary assessments.

Quizlet review by Joanne R.
Joanne R.

"Quizlet is a great tool for teachers!"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is a great tool that allows teachers to use without having an additional cost. Students love to do it as they can use their technology devices, while also having some competition with their classmates. Competition is not required in order to use this service, but it's a great part that teachers can add in. Students enjoy using their technology devices, so getting them away from paper and pencil is helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only dislikes I have about quizlet are the fact that the program doesn't sync with google classroom and that the flashcards themselves are slightly boring. Adding in some design options would be a great feature.

As a school that works with google classroom, as sync feature would be great so that grading could go right into the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is a great supplementary tool in order to teach students a subject/vocabulary.

Having an alternative to hand writing flashcards. Quizlet is a fun way for students to study. Often times they are far more willing to do school work when it's available online.

"Great Study Aid "

What do you like best?

There are a number of functions I enjoy with Quizlet. It's a simple to use program that helps aid in the studying process. One of my favorite features is the ability to share and collaborate on flashcards. This also allows for professors or teachers to create flashcard sets and provide them for students.

What do you dislike?

Overall there really isn't anything that I particularly dislike on Quizlet; the free version provides all you need to successfully prepare for classes and exams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program and the free user accounts allow for a risk free trials. From there users can determine if they want to upgrade to the premium account.

I use Quizlet to study and prepare for exams. Many times I am able to collaborate with fellow students and come up with a wide array of questions. I've benefited through this software by feeling more prepared for exams and in the end earning a higher examination score than I would if I didn't have the program.

Quizlet review by User in Higher Education

"I have used Quizlet in my work tutoring here at Harvard. "

What do you like best?

I like that users have the opportunity to create their own quizzes and that the interface is appropriate for both children and adults. The quizzes don't seem overly complicated, which I think is helpful, especially in the language quizzes.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be better instructions for how to go through a quiz, especially if someone is using this for language practice and doesn't speak English as their native language. I think it's difficult to necessarily expect them to intuit the instructions. It would also be nice to be able to print things more readily so that students would be able to take the cards and quizzes with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend practicing yourself with it before sharing it with a student in order to get familiar with the layout and the way the quizzes function.

I'm not using this for business, but for the volunteer tutoring I do.

Quizlet review by adam d.
adam d.

"Perfect Vocabulary Acquisition Tool"

What do you like best?

I love this program. I have my students use it regularly. It is great for learning English, or any other language and vocabulary. They are also adding new tools.

What do you dislike?

The app is a little different from the web version, but it is a solid program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn’t matter what level you are teaching or what material- it is so easy to set up or have students use in their own- it is flexible and efficient.

It is easy; easy to set up and use, easy to keep track of users and easy to set up groups, folders, etc.

Quizlet review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the accessibility of the platform, especially for college students. It is also relatively accessible on mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

The platform isn't set up to consistently display information - not all sets are actually usable public resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really think this product is extremely useful for high school and college students, but I think it has great potential for workplace implementation that have not been marketed appropriately. Right now, it is viewed as a mechanism to facilitate cheating at the university level, and professors often viewer as more harmful than helpful. If the platform could become more interactive, it may be used in real time class lessons rather than an out-of-classroom personal study tool.

Studying for classes or brainstorming information with colleagues; The collection of information is particularly helpful for university students looking for historical information from basic core classes.

Quizlet review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Good studying tool"

What do you like best?

Quizlet allows students a different way to study that can be more engaging than traditional methods. Many students are used to all things being electronic, so for the having their flashcards there is helpful as well. Quizlet is great as teachers can use a set of information that is already complete if wanted, which is nice to save a step.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I have encountered is that it doesn't easily sync up to google classroom. It's not a major concern as the link can easily be put into google classroom, but having it embedded would be nice. The overall design is pretty boring, but that may help so that is less distracting to students!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is a great additional tool for teachers to suggest to students, however this shouldn't be where students learn the information.

Extra study tool for students.

Quizlet review by Karoly D.
Karoly D.

"Great to make the learning process enjoyable"

What do you like best?

It makes the learning process more enjoyable and faster, as I recognized our students prefer to learn this way more than through paper-and-pencil based methods. The platform is also very user-friendly and easy to use. I`m satisfied with it.

What do you dislike?

It could have lot more functions and features that could be useful. But maybe with time they will update it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it`s worth to try, it has many features, not that deep thom but probably all type of educational services can a make use of it.

We need to have some obligatory English classes as well, and since we are teaching adults (mostly between 30-50 years old) it is pretty hard to teach a new language in that age, so we trying to make it easier, funnier and lighter. Quizlet helps us to do that, that`s why we like it.

Quizlet review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great for 1:1 classrooms!"

What do you like best?

I love that students can make their own flashcards without losing half of them in a locker, the hall, or my classroom floor. I also am Quizlet Live's biggest fan, as were my students when I introduced it. Quizlet Live is a great way to speed up recall and is a fun way to review or teach new material. Quizlet allows students to attach videos and pictures to their cards to help multiple types of learners. It does not take long to make a "deck" of cards to use for a round of Quizlet Live. I can also have my students share their flashcard sets to me if I have not made a deck, but we have some time to spare, to play a few rounds. All in all, Quizlet is a great product for educators AND students.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could sync with Google Classroom, so my students could share their flashcards to me quickly for completion checks. I also wish there were more and more efficient quick-key commands, similar to CTRL+C and CTRL+V to paste. As a 21st century educator, I feel it is imperative that my students learn the most efficient ways to use technology. No longer can a student go through high school, and hopefully college, without learning these skills. I also wish Quizlet offered more games that students can use with their flashcards on their own, or to collaborate with a friend in class by playing against each other interactively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don' be afraid to try new ways to use Quizlet!

My students work together incredibly well when they used Quizlet Live. They collaborate with very few conflicts, and figure out quickly that to win, they must move past the conflict.

Quizlet review by Mara R.
Mara R.

"Great study tool!"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to share study sets with students besides copying and pasting the links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to really make the study sets the way you want them. There's more than one way to do this, and it's worth the extra little bit of time to make them the way you need them.

My students ask almost daily for a Quizlet Live session, and they almost don't realize they're learning. They also take their own time to study using the multiple games, and I don't have to push them to do this.

Quizlet review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Good for Studying"

What do you like best?

It is easy for teachers to create a set of flashcards for students to use to study. Students can look up definitions and review concepts. They can play games to practice and study for an upcoming test or quiz. Words can be added to favorites or read out loud for students who struggle with vocabulary.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Quizlet is so easy to use and student friendly.

Students can study and test themselves with flashcards or even the practice test on the site. Students can fill in and match their answers; it's not all multiple choice.

Quizlet review by Jenny J.
Jenny J.

"QUizlet: A great resource for educators & students"

What do you like best?

The platform is user-friendly and provides a variety of opportunities to create study aids and review tools for students. Once your deck of question and responses are created there are a variety of tools for students to use as review.

What do you dislike?

The in-class gaming feature makes it difficult to play if students are not in mobile devices as students are randomly assigned groups to work together and need to see each others computers to complete the tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the easy of use. I have used with youth (middle schoolers & high schoolers), college students as well as adults. All three groups, enjoy the activities and the tools as a review individually and as groups.

From an educational standpoint, quizlet creates dynamic tools for students of all ages to use to review in class concepts and prepare for tests.

Quizlet review by Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.

"Great tool for repetition and quick memory "

What do you like best?

I like that they have added the "learn" feature. This really helps when learning new material vs just flipping through the cards can be monotonous. I also like the starred feature and viewing on the starred section

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to search for particular people/classes that you know of instead o having to correctly guess someones username.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to have in arsenal for school work. Simple yet very effective.

Aids in Memorization of material, quick and easy. Students can search previously made quizlets or make their own.

Quizlet review by Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

"Love at first sight"

What do you like best?

I am a high school teacher and I use quizlet for as much as possible. This is quite possibly the most PC to mobile friendly study tool your students could have. I use the flashcards in multiple languages. I vary the sets depending on if the goal is for them to memorize meaning, imagery, definitions, or spelling. Our favorite feature hands down is the Quizlet LIVE feature. My students do no want to stop playing. I have never teenagers so excited to use their terms. You can set it up depending on how you want them to practice. If I want them to spell, I have just words. If I want them to know a definition, I have the word and definition. If I want them to apply the knowledge, I will have fill in the blank sentence in place of the definition so that they have to provide the proper term as the answer. This allows you to give and print quick single or multi-formatted quizzes in seconds with the testing tab. If you do not use Quizlet, you should! Flashcards are old and only provide rote memorization. Quizlet will propel your students from terms to application, and application is where the real learning happens.

What do you dislike?

Having to upgrade to find more appropriate pictures. I would prefer to upload clip art, custom pics, or straight from Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in education, no matter the level, this is a must.

Quizlet review by Maureen L.
Maureen L.

"Quizlet: Flashcards Made Fun"

What do you like best?

I have been using Quizlet for many years, and it is one of my go to assignments with my students. My students love to make flashcards for themselves using pictures. I like the search for sets function when I testing students on different sets of vocabulary words. My students also love playing the games to review vocabulary words. They especially love Quizlet Live, where they work together to find the correct answer. As a Quizlet teacher, I can track my students' progress with vocabulary and even record my voice saying the words in the target language. Students also love using the app on their phones.

What do you dislike?

The only quibble I have is requiring teachers to have a paid account for premium services. It is not much money, but it would still be nice to have it as a free resource. I would also love to be able to just have words and pictures rather than including a word in English to define each word in the target language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great product both for students to create their own Quizlet sets and to search for other students sets that could be useful to them. My students also love the review games, and I would recommend that students try out all of the games to see what works best for them. I would also take advantage of using the pictures to aid memory in creating vocabulary sets.

I have solved the problem of requiring students to create flashcards to study vocabulary words.

Quizlet review by User in Higher Education

"Best Quiz product ever used. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use is incredible. Unlike other products, this one takes seconds to be fully immersed in it and feel like you are a pro. I would recommend to anyone who is in need of a quick learning tool. The phone app has the feature so you may use without data and the many ways to print cards or study sheets make it easy to pass information along.

What do you dislike?

A few years ago they had the feature that you could upload pictures along to quizzes at no extra cost I wish they would go back to the previous business model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, you will not regret it.

The ability to engage students and peers in projects to quickly get down information and learn at a much faster pace.

"Fun and Fast"

What do you like best?

I like being able to create my own quizlets and to access those created by others. I did not realize how many quizlets are out there! I actually found some that were exactly what my students need.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything negative to say. My students enjoy it and whenever I hit a stumbling block they are the ones who teach me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use. Kids really enjoy it. They like working alone and as part of a team. I think it is making a difference with vocabulary development.

Kids need many ways to study and learn. Quizlet allows them to practice and self-evaluate. They can work alone, with a teacher or on a team.

Quizlet review by elaine W.
elaine W.

"Quizlet makes vocab easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that Quizlet allows my organized as well as disorganized students to study for upcoming vocabulary tests without having to create the old-fashioned note cards. Instead, students can quickly create electronic flashcards to study for their tests. These are more than flashcards, though, as students can review using the games or test options. Students like this tool because they can access it at home without having to carry physical notecards around with them everywhere. I also like that students have the chance to play games with their vocabulary words, so that at least make something boring like learning vocabulary to be more engaging. I also like that you are able to share your flashcards with somebody else so that they can study them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot change the color or font options to make the cards more personalized for the individual student. Also, I dislike that you have to select a language when creating a new flashcard set. I know that this is a small thing, but seems to be a waste of an extra button click. It would be nicer to just have an optional button feature for if you want to use a language other than English for your flashcards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good 21st century replacement for the old-fashioned flashcard scenario that teachers used to have their students do.

I actually am a teacher and not a business person, so I believe that this question doesn't apply to me.

Quizlet review by Dr Kelemenné Kovács C.
Dr Kelemenné Kovács C.

"Enjoyable Flashcard Creating Tool"

What do you like best?

It makes funnier and more effective to study new words, even in groups. I think both kids and adults are enjoying it, because it makes the whole process less boring and visually more attractive.

What do you dislike?

The features are quite limited, the software is not so deep, it`s a little basic, but maybe an update would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It`s surely worth to try, it has many features and I think all type of educational services can a make use of it.

It`s a great software to teach adults and kids for another language, it works effectively and keeps the students attention. We use it for english language classes, and the students are satisfied so far.

Quizlet review by Jeannette O.
Jeannette O.

"Quizlet"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create sets of study cards for my students. You can create a class and invite your students by email address.

On the cards, you can use words or pictures. If you upgrade to the pro account, you can add voice recordings.

What do you dislike?

I like the free version, but I think the pro price is a little too high.

This is helpful for creating study tools for your students. Great for teaching vocabulary.

Quizlet review by Anissa M.
Anissa M.

"Quizlet is a must have for teachers!"

What do you like best?

I can easily create quizzes for my students and print them. Also, they are available for my students to study with.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could more easily discover already created quality quizlets made by other educators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teachers need this resource for easy assessment of students.

I have a specific number of quizzes my students have to be given each semester. Quizlet makes doing that easy and saves them for later use.

"Quizlet Review!"

What do you like best?

The program allows me to chose ways to present the materials. It's like a fun game or contest and pretty adaptable too.

There's a bigger range of topics on Quizlet. Anything can be learned, posted and made flashcards on.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the printing options or lack of them. I also each card could be printed and adapted according to us. I wish there were difficulty options on the website for high school and college level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you try to find out quizzes or reviews for any subject, first look it up on quizlet because almost always there are always quizzes and flashcards are on there.

Teaching, Reviewing, testing, flash-cards, assessment, test-prep.

"Use an app to study!"

What do you like best?

Students are all day with their phones, why not investing some of that time revisins/studying Spanish? I encourage them to download this app so when they are in the bus, in the gym, or just walking home they can study.

What do you dislike?

The premium version is a bit pricey taking into account that the majority of the users are students and they already spend a lot of money in education. Maybe they should offer discount codes to teachers, so we can give them to the best students in the class (as a reward)

Obviously the benefits are easy to use, fast, very visual, good resources (as you can share your quizzes with other students of your level)

Quizlet review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"Vocab Review"

What do you like best?

My students were very successful using Quizlet to practice vocab.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t like is that students can minimize the screen and easily match items in one of the games.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can create your own lists or pick from one that is already created.

Quicker hells students learn vocabulary in a fun and engaging way.

Quizlet review by Erin D.
Erin D.

"Enhance vocabulary development - fun, fast and formative!"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is an excellent resource for teachers of all ages and grades. The Quizlets are easy to create or borrow and adapt. Students are responsive to the game aspects and teachers will love the formative assessment features.

What do you dislike?

The paid version offers more features, such as using your own voice. However, even the free version is effective.

Teachers can access engaging vocabulary lessons in a snap.

Quizlet review by Tessa B.
Tessa B.

"Quizlet after school"

What do you like best?

I love that the students can use quizlet to review vocabulary for their milestones. The flash cards are so helpful and you don’t have to worry about the kids loosing them

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult for me to figure out how to get started on quizlet

It can help improve our data on our test scores because it is a good study tool

Quizlet review by User in Higher Education

"Quizlet is helpful for students "

What do you like best?

I like that Quizlet allows students to format how they study - they can create flashcards, create a quiz, vocabulary lists, etc. This helps facilitate all styles of learners. Additionally, I really love that you can search on the website to find others' profiles that have your same info or knowledge - it helps because you can combine their "study guide" with yours, or even use their flashcards.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there isnt a search option for the students' information. For example, if you create 100s of flashcards, if you're looking for one particular one, it can be difficult to locate w/o a search function. Typically, all the flashcards for that one topic/sections are listed on one very long page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to others' profiles to get ideas of how to format your information & material. Also, search others' profiles with your same topics. This can be helpful in gaining more info & contextual knowledge

Encourages students to study "outside the box". It is helpful in studying & reviewing material

Quizlet review by Lisa D.
Lisa D.

" Very popular with students "

What do you like best?

Quizlet allows students a wide variety of topics to practice/learn

Their app makes it possible for students to always practice as long as they have their phone

What do you dislike?

Not all of the info is reliable, especially with student coverage rated decks. I point my students to ones made by teachers.

Provides students a means to practice their content and identification practice that is mobile.

Quizlet review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

Quizlet has a lot of amazing qualities and among them is the easy accessibility of flashcards and quizzes. Some of the quizzes are so specific they even include the professor's class number and name.

What do you dislike?

It is not easily accessible on Android devices.

The website also needs a lot of work on the formatting of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep your device on mute because sometimes the audio starts playing even when you don't play it. Also, try to use it on your PC and not a phone.

I have used it on a lot of students and for some macroeconomics classes, and to hone my marketing skills as well.

Quizlet review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Review/Assessments "

What do you like best?

I loved how it uses one side for the terms and the other to see if we understand the terms. Also there are multiple choice which helps assessing me to see if I actually know my material.

What do you dislike?

I feel like some questions are redundant and sometimes the answers may not seem completely true. That is rare but it does have its few cons with accuracy in information and the amount of information given all at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is amazing and helps test your knowledge in different areas. It is very nice to be able to use virtual notecards on this software.

I am solving multiple ways of what could occur if I were to do path a or path b. They have a lot of information that keeps me educated on any decision I make when coming across a problem.

User in Education Management

"Science teacher that has a lot of Anatomy vocabulary that student has to learn"

What do you like best?

The ability to support a vocabulary rich subject (Human anatomy) to students who sometime feel overwhelmed with the development of new word - but are imperative to their success in the topic - in addition, I like the ability to take and use other vocab sets that others have created

What do you dislike?

Would like the ability to edit and crop uploaded images so they are not too big or take up too much space on the "flashcard" - also would like the ability to choose certain cards from other sets instead of the entire set or nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes it easier if you have your pictures and vocabulary lists already done up in a word document that you can upload instead of directly typing into the application. In addition, it is good to have the pictures in a file that can be uploaded with out trying to search for it in another location

The cost of $40 for teacher use is also a bit hefty for teachers - other similar areas do the same for a much lower cost or for free.

Human anatomy is a topic that has a lot of new vocabulary. I frequently tell students that it is like learning a new language and the success in the topic depends on their mastery of that language. Quizlet allows student with different learning styles to help them learn the vocab with digital media or print out the words for a hard coy.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to easily able to create study flash cards, connect with your peers, and find other flash cards that students in your class or subject area have made.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it doesn't seem like the website monitors who joins classes. I use this app for college courses and often college courses can have different professors teaching them depending on the time of year and sometimes it doesn't tell you what professor taught the course unless it is specified. This is very nit-picky and overall I think the website is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this as it is a cheap way to create flash cards that are easily accessible if you have an internet connection.

I am able to easily make flash cards that facilitate learning for any subject that you can think of.

Quizlet review by Kyla M.
Kyla M.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of content provided on Quizlet. It allows teachers, like myself, to create tools to educate or review content with students. This not only allows review but provides an interactive and fun way for students to study or learn the content needed for any given lesson or assessment.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Quizlet because it provides an electronic, interactive, and fun way for students to learn new vocabulary and content or review said content for an upcoming assessment.

This tool allows us to solve the problem of students having a fun, interactive way to learn or review content. This tool gets students engaged and more excited for review than they would be if teachers had to create review on their own or just sent off students to review with no guidance.

"Helpful for studying"

What do you like best?

You can create your own sets or search for similar classes/content

I also like that there are different ways of studying through the flipping, writing or test modes which helps different learning styles

there are lots of new features

What do you dislike?

there is nothing I really dislike about quizlet. they have improved many of the previous complaints I would have had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they constantly seem to be improving based on data and needs of students.

Studying. Quizlet is helpful for students to learn and study class material.

Quizlet is helpful for professors to organize their classes and provide resources.

Quizlet review by Danielle H.
Danielle H.

"Quizlet for vocab is the best!"

What do you like best?

I love using quizlet with my students who need extra help with vocabulary.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike any of the features, I just wish there were more games and applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend teaching your students how to use Quizlet as a study method.

This is an excellent method for students to retain words. It makes it more interactive and fun!

Quizlet review by Killian P.
Killian P.

"Kids love it - but let them do the work! "

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for reviewing factual information (definitions, etc.). It has lots of options for kids!

What do you dislike?

Easy for kids to just "follow" their friends rather than create their own, but creating their own is great for reviewing!

We specifically use it for roots review. Our students have one stack of just Greek and Latin roots they keep adding to through 7th and 8th grade. Each week they make a stack with the words for the week, too. I've used it a few times for things like characters in Shakespeare, but I prefer to have kids do the creating.

"Great for studying "

What do you like best?

The easy to use setup is great. Create flashcards without needing to hand write them. Practice terms or concepts through written answer, multiple choice, etc. Another plus is that this can be accessed via a computer or app which makes it convenient. Also, app reads cards out loud to you which is great for anyone that needs to hear information instead of reading it.

What do you dislike?

Even though it's simple and useful, I wish there were options to print a review in case you would not be able to access quizlet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy access and definitely recommend using.

Study resource for students

Quizlet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Quizlet is a life saver"

What do you like best?

I am the type of person who needs visual material in order to learn new things. I have always been a flash-card person and always hated having to carry them around with me. Quizlet allows me to keep everything in one place and to access it whenever and where I need. I also really like how you can see other users' content. A lot of professors use the pre-generated material so more often than not you can actually find your course material already on the site.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I don't like about this product yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Quiet for any studying or notes needs!

As I mentioned before, I used to carry around note cards or notes, Quizlets eliminates the hassle of doing so! It also allows you to share your material with classmates and/or co-workers

Quizlet review by Christen N.
Christen N.

"Quizlet from Teacher"

What do you like best?

I like how vocabulary can be more interesting with the different games. Also, students are able to create their own account to make and study vocabulary words, which is awesome and is different than just using notecards.

What do you dislike?

After going through some of the games, it could get a bit boring. I wish there was more game variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having students take ownership by creating their own quizlet as you go over the vocabulary, and then before a test, have a group review.

It allows students to gain a greater vocabulary base.

Quizlet review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Quizlet is great for review."

What do you like best?

I like how easily accessible quizlet is. It makes it easy for review and easy to access content taught in class.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how many different quizzes there can be for one content area. I wish all the same content would fall under one cumulative quiz.

There are no business problems I am solving with quizlet.

"Great Review tool"

What do you like best?

I like that there are Interactive games for my classroom. Also students can review and quiz themselves on their own. The fact that students can use the app in their phone excites them about logging and and reviewing

What do you dislike?

Nothing to track what students do. I wish I could see which of my students reviewed on their own and what scores they receive when they practice.

This is a great way for my students to quiz and review on their own, but it also have options to play games against others and the whole class.

"Awesome way to Prepare"

What do you like best?

I love the content on Quizlet. Its an awesome way to get really good material that is absolutely relevant to my class. From econ to aerospace engineering, I have found meaningful study guides that helped me prepare for whatever is needed in the workplace.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have a larger bank of content and generate my own personalized card decks. This would enable me to tailor the quizzes to my own needs, for instance, combining aviation terms with statistics to help get my mind in the right frame of an integrated workplace like the one in which I am employed.

I am mainly solving the problem of being uninformed in my officespace. So often it is a large task to just know the proper jargon and lingo and basic competency information to have an intelligible conversation about something. Quizlet ensures that I have a baseline competency in whatever task I am broaching so that then I can be more engaged in the workplace.

Quizlet review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Quizlet is a life saver"

What do you like best?

I have been using quizlet for four years and it’s so easy to use and share/ embed

What do you dislike?

I like all of it, I just wish I used it more often

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just test it out and implement it

Easy to use

Has an extensive library

Easy to share

Quizlet review by Ahmed A.
Ahmed A.

"The way to understanding."

What do you like best?

Questions are the best .. quizet .. as the name implies .. offers quizzes which are the best way to get the information you studied stuck in your brain .. especially who studies medicine like me .. we need to read much to get the huge amount of numbers and information in our brains .. but with quizlet , It became much easier!

What do you dislike?

I don't actually dis like anything in this website .. maybe they want to consider people who are working on mobile devices .. iPad or mobiles for example .. they need to work on the mobile version of the website more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderfull app for studying .. simply amazing to find question of the subjects i take to help me make the information more clear and easy to remember.

No Business.

"Quizlet"

What do you like best?

Quizlet has an awesome diagram selection! I love quickly typing something in and getting search results of several diagrams to reference.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to sift through what’s helpful and not. Some diagrams are better than others and some tools/study helps are more informative than others.

I personally don’t create any items or study helps but I do search often for classroom purposes. It’s easy to pull up diagrams to show the kids and also fun little interactive study helps. Just have to look hard to find the simpler ones for the kiddos!

Quizlet review by Autumn H.
Autumn H.

"Quizlet is quizLIT"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is an easy way to create and upload quiz questions and flashcards in order to study for any kind of test or exam you have. It also opens them up to the general public since you can have your pages worldwide accessible.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a lot of direct copy and pasting on the site because a lot of the questions come up as google searches.

Using Quizlet has allowed me to engage with peers more efficiently and create questions that a wider audience can answer.

Quizlet review by Timothy B.
Timothy B.

"Quizlet class"

What do you like best?

The flash cards makes it easy for the kids to practice church vocab

What do you dislike?

Maybe I don’t know enough about it but it seems to only be beneficial for vocab. It’s not as interactive with a big group

Helps the students for confirmation

Quizlet review by David D.
David D.

"Quizlet in the middle school classroom"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is a great program to find or build vocabulary content. You are able to search for vocabulary "sets" from other users, or create your own set. When you create your own set, you can input words and chose definitions from a list or enter in your own. You can also add an image. Once you create your set, you can print out actual flashcards, post a link or QR code for student access. There are learn and review features (audio included), as well as practice games (which my students love) and then a test yourself function. Sometimes I use the test as an actual vocabulary quiz, or a make-up/re-test for my students. It is easy to use, mobile device friendly, and my students actually like it. I have had multiple students tell me that it has helped them learn important vocabulary, or review concepts.

What do you dislike?

On the free version, you are limited by the images you can use. It essentially does a google image search and gives you three options to choose from. You cannot input your own image. The other limiting factor is that if you want to have multiple flashcards with the same answer, the games and test become a useless feature. For example, if you are trying to quiz your students on examples of a chemical change, and have 5-10 different examples, then the game features will keep saying the answer is wrong because it thinks you have mismatched the coded card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the free account. You may find that it is all that you need. Their is a paid account version, that a co-worker of mine has. I have not found it to be necessary for functionality, so I would stick with or at least start with the free version!

This is a great tool for vocabulary acquisition and practice/review. It is easy to build, student friendly, and can be used on old fashioned paper cards, mobile devices or a PC. I have noted improved test and quiz performance from my students, so much so that I did a study on this. I used Quizlet to compare quiz scores amongst two groups of ten students in two of my special education resource classes. One class used quizlet to study vocabulary, and take quizzes, and the other class was instructed in the same method, but not given the quizlet review materials, but told they could study on their own, and provided the same amount of time. The Quizlet group performed about 10% better on their quizzes than the control group. An informal but interesting study for sure!

Quizlet review by Katherine D.
Katherine D.

"Quizlet across all content areas"

What do you like best?

What makes Quizlet so awesome is that it has 6 different review activities. There are flashcards, learn, speller, test, space race, and scatter. Space race and scatter are games. Quizlet also has an app that can be downloaded to a smart device. You also have the ability to add pictures to help with studying. Students find the quizlet activities both engaging and beneficial. Usually I have the students go through flashcards, learn, test, and scatter for all material. I will play scatter and post how long it takes me to complete the game. I then have the students try and beat my time. They enjoy trying to beat my time!

What do you dislike?

The free version allows the user to create quizlet activities but does not allow as many options as the paid version. The upgraded teacher version allows to create class progress data, voice recording, ad free studying, and image uploading. The price is reasonable but it would be nice if some of the options were included in the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is awesome! Teacher and student friendly!

Students can download the quizlet app and study while they are on the school bus or going about their daily life. Quizlet can be used for anything that requires memorization. No longer do you need to carry around flashcards. My students use quizlet to review vocabulary words, spelling words, and content information. Adding the pictures is helpful for science review. The 6 different study activities makes it enjoyable and engaging for the students. The repetition from the activities also helps the students retain the information.

Quizlet review by Sean W.
Sean W.

"Quizlet as a Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

Quizlet offers the oppurtunity to structure a learning feature more or less as you want, with a couple templates they have already made and preset. This allows you, the teacher and/or presenter to directly control the information, and more importantly the phrasing, of anything you wish to teach. It is provided in a more or less fun environment to keep children and teens entertained, while still providing a useful teaching tool.

What do you dislike?

The templates preset in quizlet are pretty limited, and is very much a one or two trick pony. Quizlet provides a nice tool in the toolbox of teaching techniques, and may intrigue certain types of kids, but is by no means a be all end all type of solution to classroom tedium. The variety of quizzes also serves as a distraction, as children and teens can get very click happy and end up clicking from your quiz on the properties of the cell membrane to ordering the teams of the NFL by number of championships won in a few clicks. Quizlet to me was a way to introduce more fun into learning, but that fun can quickly turn a little too fun, and end up being a distraction in of itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fun way to break tedium, but limit the amount of use.

The problem is the remove tedium from a classroom, and quizlet does that to a various degree. It needs to be more or less heavily supervised, however, as this website can be used for quizzes besides the subject matter with relative ease. Care should be taken when using this as a teaching tool.

Quizlet review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Nice Badic Study Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create a study set. Students are much more motivated to study content for extended time.

What do you dislike?

It has limited application (basically for straight vocabulary).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let older students make study sets for you to save time.

Students don’t need to create flash cards or reread their notes over and over to study for a test. They get better grades on tests when studying using a Quizlet set.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is a very easy software to use. It helps making study guides and quizzes for students and can help a presentation thrive with asking questions throughout the way to help understanding. You can use it through mobile or desktop so it is very user friendly with whatever you use

What do you dislike?

Sometimes connection to it slows easily and questions do not pop up in time or the mobile makes you select the answer you did not mean to answer and time is value with some games and tests

No huge problems that interfere with learning but just some competition issues. Benefits include it being a fun game that is interactive and challenging

Quizlet review by Amanda G.
Amanda G.

"I have used quizlet in my elementary classroom."

What do you like best?

I like that you can search quizzes without having to create one.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is great to use in the classroom. The students are able to use it with very little assistance.

I use quizlet in the classroom to review.

Quizlet review by Renee O.
Renee O.

"Quizlet Rocks!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create a quiz not only as a review for my students, but I also use it for my son. I have encouraged him to show it to his teachers. :) Quizlet not only offers a way to review and study, but it provides features like Scatter and Space Race to create a game-like element to review/studying. Beyond allowing words/text, Quilt incorporates visuals which is a help for all students - young and old, strong and struggling, etc. Images bring ideas to life and often are a way students best understand or connect to a concept. Images provide an option to understand more than the meaning. It is a way to use Quizlet at a higher level- not just recall but application. Likewise the sound option helps students hear the word correctly- often sparking connections and understanding. A great feature for foreign languages, ELL students, and for students who are struggling with difficult/unfamiliar terms. When you look at the additional features of Quizlet, it is beneficial to see who actually studies the cards- a great feature to use to talk to students about study habits. My middle school students can create their own accounts, and through a shared folder i can share the cards for them to study. OR I can add them to a class. I have been using Quizlet for a number of years, but each year I learn more. For next year, I will start the year off with having my students join my class; I can monitor study habits this way-plus it is easy to share. At the end of the year, I will have them create their own accounts, so the can use this as a tool in high school - even if their teachers do not.

What do you dislike?

Sharing folders is limited to sharing via email, twitter, or Facebook. However, setting up a class or just sharing the link- provide other options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am considering paying the $25 for the teacher account; it seems to be a good investment. I recommend others check that out on Quizlet's page.

This is not just a study/review tool. It is a way for you to really help students learn and help them manage their study habits.

Quizlet review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"10/10, Would most definitely use again."

What do you like best?

The accessibility and non-cost of Quizlet. Quizlet offers the best of online flash cards, as well as, review materials for classes that you may have to cram for. Everything that you could possibly need in an online studying aid is packed into one, along with a create-your-own flash cards system. You can create your own account, login, and save these flashcards for future use. Best of all, Quizlet offers all of its features for free. Quizlet's user-interface is very easy to navigate. It is packed with features that are not found on any other comparable websites or platforms. Most of all, it is catered towards the population segment that will find it most useful: high school and college students.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much to dislike about Quizlet. I have not encountered any noteworthy glitches or bugs during my 4+ years of use of Quizlet. They have many features that competing websites simply don't offer. All of my needs have been comfortably met by Quizlet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without a doubt, use Quizlet. There are no limitations to what Quizlet can do for you - if what you're looking for is within its scope. The only possible limitation to Quizlet is a lack of internet access, which is quite rare in the 21st century.

Quizlet is a great way to store text data in a plethora of formats. Quizlet allows users to store their desired text in either flash-card form, list form, and many other hierarchical order. Quizlet also offers users many interactive ways to review this text data at a future time. Lastly, Quizlet allows for virtual sharing of this data, making it very easily accessible across the globe.

Quizlet review by Tommy M.
Tommy M.

"Useful when studying"

What do you like best?

It is very user-friendly. I have been able to share some of the quizzes and other notes I've added through Quizlet to classmates at school.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how long it takes to make note-cards. There needs to be a more efficient way in creating them. The mobile application crashes once in a while too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are very eco-friendly, I highly recommend using this software. Saves a lot of paper and your house would not be clustered with random note-cards laying on the floor. I can say it has made my house a lot cleaner.

I am trying to find a more efficient way in creating better study habits. I use the information I have already saved in my study guides and share with my younger siblings. In doing so, they will be able to reach their goals everyday.

Quizlet review by User in Higher Education

"Quizlet is a great study tool!"

What do you like best?

As a teacher, I had many of my students use this tool at home. And not that I am back in school, I use it for my own studies. Users can enter terms and definitions and study them on Quizlet using digital flashcards, practice tests, interactive games, and more - all created by Quizlet for the user. There are also features for creating diagrams and other helpful tools.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I have found that I dislike about this program yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage everyone who needs a new and engaging study tool to try Quizlet!

This tool has allowed me and my students to form better study habits, which they can also share with their peers via Quizlet.

Quizlet review by Aly N.
Aly N.

"User-friendly—on the quizzer's side and the quizzee's."

What do you like best?

Overall, this program is simply very easy to use. Straightforward and basic, you can't get more into the bare bones of creating and conducting a quiz than this program. I've been on both sides of this program—taking a Quizlet quiz and creating one—and there was zero downtime to learn it. It's intuitive.

What do you dislike?

You're definitely limited to what you can and can't do on this. That's really the only downside for more complex quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's nothing special I really need to tell you—it's easy!

It takes the confusion out of both sides of the equation—which is a godsend in any industry, but especially in academia.

Quizlet review by Melissa V.
Melissa V.

"Quizlet for vocabulary "

What do you like best?

Quizlet for vocabulary is amazing. It’s interavtive platform gives the teacher instant feedback on what the students are still struggling with. The students seem to enjoy it’s easy to use app and site.

What do you dislike?

It is not as animated in its design like other platforms. The students are only engaged for a short period of time.

Vocabulary review. I realized this can easily be used as an informal assessment.

Quizlet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great learning space for students and adults alike"

What do you like best?

- it has topics from all over the world and mostly every topics that you may be interested in.

- it does a great job of getting you acquainted and with persistence a pro in your interest area.

- for school students, there are study groups particular to their highschool or subjects, which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it can get confusing to navigate, but overall it's a great initiative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for on-on-one as well as company wide use, it is a very good tool for engagement.

Experimenting for self-study currently to later include as a part of our classes to boost participation and activities among our students.

Quizlet review by User in Higher Education

"Helpful, but it needs a improvement"

What do you like best?

To be honest, I actually really love quizlet and I find it very handy when it comes to teaching my tutees and students French lessons.

It is very interactive and easy to use. It also provides flashcards for exams and reviews which is great!

What do you dislike?

The website needs a lot of improvement as it is not very well supported for the phones. The formatting is horrible and a lot of the answers created on it are actually wrong! I wish there was a verification system for quizlet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very good for introductory stuff but not for the in depth material.

I have used this to teach French and it has come in very handy!

Quizlet review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Great for vocab and flashcards"

What do you like best?

Students can play games and make flashcards to help review vocab words

What do you dislike?

can't automatically add students from Google Classroom, plagiarism issues

puts the accountability on students to review for quizzes

"Versatile & Fun"

What do you like best?

I really like the options to either browse/select a study set created by another user, or to create your own. It's a great program to send students to learn more about a specific topic and/or vocabulary, but I can also customize the study set to be directly connected to what we are learning in class. Also, while I haven't personally invested in the Quizlet Teacher functions (which are pretty affordable), colleagues of mine have and they appreciate the ability to track the progress students are making within study sets.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the website is a little bit ugly/plain. But the functionality is good.

As an educator, a problem that Quizlet solves is keeping students engaged in their learning outside the classroom. Since most students have a mini-computer with them at all times (aka, a smart phone), it's a great way to encourage them to stay on top of learning material even during those short 5-minute breaks or on a bus ride.