4.5 out of 5
Do you work for Quizlet?

Quizlet Reviews & Product Details

What is Quizlet?

Quizlet helps students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Users can search a database of millions of pre-created study sets on thousands of topics, or create their own custom study sets. Quizlet also saves students and teachers time by providing several different ways to review the material — from flashcards and timed games, to adaptive questions and practice tests — that can be used for individual practice or collaborative learning, in or outside of the classroom. Quizlet uses modern teaching technologies such as text-to-speech audio, images, interactive diagrams and progress tracking to make studying engaging and effective for a new era of students. With a website and mobile apps for iOS and Android, Quizlet also makes studying accessible to students no matter where they are. Quizlet Live, a team-based review game that teachers can use in the classroom, empowers students to build soft skills such as communication, as well as hard skills like vocabulary retention. Quizlet's seven other study activities allow for easy differentiation and help students build strong study habits for life. Quizlet Features Create custom study material Utilize crowdsourced study material from other Quizlet users Text-to-speech audio, images and interactive diagrams Study activities: Learn, Flashcards, Write, Spell, Test, Match and Gravity Quizlet AI-powered assistant using cognitively proven study methods for optimized learning; creates best set of study questions based on your progress Quizlet Live, an engaging team-based review game Free account experience with option to upgrade for more advanced features

Quizlet Profile Details

Quizlet Profile Details

Provided by:

Provided by:
Amalia Nelson
Marketing Manager at Quizlet, Inc.

quizlet.com

Quizlet Reviews

1-50 of 196 total Quizlet reviews

Quizlet Reviews

1-50 of 196 total Quizlet reviews
Quizlet review by Apostolopoulos W.

"Quiz let DONT miss it"

What do you like best?

Quiz lit and Quizlet live is an amazing piece equipment for your class and I did a review on Kahoot and I think this one is just as good as Kahoot the kids truly enjoy playing it you can make all kinds of games. I liked when they came up with the live version and the kids can play in teams they race around the room to get in the teams. The team names are cute little animal names you will find all kinds of topics and subjects anything you can think of to review for a test or just plain old teach.

What do you dislike?

There is truly nothing I dislike about this game. I search sometimes for ones that are longer to occupy the kids times. It’s best if you create your own that way you can make it as long as you want as long or short as you want.

I have use this at various faculty meetings to kind of get to know you type of games and activities to keep the faculty involved in things that we’re doing with in our district

Quizlet review by Melissa P.
instructor

"Quizlet in the Classroom"

What do you like best?

It is hard to choose what I like best about Quizlet. First of all, creating my own sets of vocabulary words is an incredibly helpful tool! Adding images and details to each definition truly helps my student learn the material in many different ways. When I am in a pinch, I truly value the fact that I can use previously published sets by searching for key terms.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike here! Quizlet allows you to hear the word, see the word, read the definition, attach an image...It is a well rounded approach to studying vocabulary. I think one improvement would be to enable users to upload words in an easier manner, rather than typing everything in one character at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend searching for existing sets before recreating the wheel! If you are using standard text books, chances are, there is a set out there for you all ready to go!

I've seen increased grades, retention, and performance. Students are using Quizlet at home, we are using it together in class, and at times, I've used their quiz/test generator. It is a full-functioning tool for teaching vocabulary.

Quizlet review by Emily S.
Student

"Quilt Study tool "

What do you like best?

I have used Quizlet numerous times and have found many benefits of it. It is a great study tool and provides students with many modes. It is applicable to all learning styles, which is why I think it is so beneficial. It also features games which allows studying to be more interactive, which enables better memorization of materials

What do you dislike?

When uploading images to study the website only allows you to use their images, unless you pay the membership fee. This is very frustrating for students, who typically cannot afford the membership. Another con is that not all students will have access to a computer. This is a disadvantage to those who may not have the funds/resources to access the site.

Studying difficulties. Students are more motivated to study when they are given an interactive platform to learn from.

Quizlet review by Lauren T.
High School Spanish Teacher

"Study on the go"

What do you like best?

This tool is perfect for studying because you have access to your study sets from anywhere without having to bring along stacks of index cards. Not only are they virtual flash cards, but there are fun interactive games as well as tests to assess your skills. This is perfect for my foreign language classroom and is easily connected with Google classroom so that I can monitor and track student progress.

What do you dislike?

There are not too many faults with Quizlet however sometimes it is hard to use quizlet.live on a mobile device. To access the teacher features you must pay for a subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone trying to learn new terms because of its ease of use and accessibility. Teachers, this is a must for the classroom! My students love getting to create their own study sets and play quizlet.live in class as a review tool.

I am able to track and monitor student progress with the study tool. Students have another platform for learning a new language. Since many of my students are technology savvy and carry thier phones with them all of the time this makes it easy for them to access their vocabualry lists for the unit. They are also able to practice proonunication becuase of the text to speech feature!

Quizlet review by Chante' B.
Owner/Designer

"Great Educational tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can integrate questions and visuals to use for my students in one place. I can also edit sets of facts or concepts in both my phone and my computer and they sync up easily. I found using the product for my daughter and her studies in elementary is very helpful and she really seemed to grasp some o the reading concepts faster this way. I was able to provide a link of the sets she was working on with her tutor and other education support staff and we were all able to make sure she was working on the same thing simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to give a student access to the correct classroom if they do not respond to the proper link. Sometimes the provided text for some words is incorrect and I have to be careful when using the defining tool for my sets. I feel like they need a few more testing tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend getting the upgrade if you can so that you can really take advantage of all of the analytical tools in the program.

From an educator standpoint, this tool is wonderful. It really takes the idea of staying connected with your students and their progress and makes it easy for everyone.

Quizlet review by Sidney J.
Student
(10,001+ employees)

"Best virtual study tool for college students "

What do you like best?

I grew up learning everything via flash cards, so this website/program is perfect for me. As a now collée graduate, I have created dozens of sets throughout my college career. It makes studying so much faster. I love the automatic fill in feature based on other users’ entries.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like having to pay for extra features like design and removing ads. But that is expected. Combining sets into one edited set was difficult as well. You should be able to pull certain cards from one set to put in another, not just the entire deck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using, realize that your sets are public unless your privacy settings are set to otherwise.

I have realized that people will take classes that are more popular with students because Quizlet study sets are most likely already available. Teachers who recommend quizlet to their students most likely have a better grades and more students registered in their classes.

Quizlet review by Kristen S.
Resident Assistant
Higher Education

"Excellent platform for learning"

What do you like best?

The best feature of quizlet is that it provides flashcards and create your own quiz options which are very good for subjects which focus more on memorizing and rote learning. It is very easy to use and set up - you can just use your google or facebook account to create a quizlet one! I like how easy it is to search for pre-existing quizzes as well on quizlet.

What do you dislike?

The layouts that quizlets provides work out well only for very generalized topics. For example, it is not really a good place to learn more about logic-based answers. There is also no way to verify if the information provided in a particular quiz on quizlet is correct or not because they do not validate it; this can be pretty misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using it for simpler topics and to cross check the information provided in quizlet, just in case.

I have mostly used quizlet to post tutoring sessions for reviews for final exams. I have also used this to learn more about some courses myself. It definitely is easy to use and access, considering it is so popular and has information on almost all sorts of generic topics.

Quizlet review by Amelia S.
Academic Tutor
Education Management

"It has a lot of AMAZING features"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is the best place for exam preparation in college. It has flashcards for so many topics which help you quiz yourself! It lets you generate tests for yourself and has notes available on so many topics, including those even by specific professors. It is a fun way to learn things and I always recommend it to my tutees.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike in the actual software of Quizlet. All of the information provided on quizlet is not reliable because there is no way to verify it. It also does not have a lot of templates which do not support a lot of learning styles. There are a lot of typing errors in the content and a lot of the information is not even provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to find information on quizlet and make use of the flashcards.

I often refer it to my tutees and biggest benefit that I have discovered about Quizlet is that it provides a lot of information on very specific topics.

Quizlet review by Alicia T.
6th Grade Math/Literacy and Jr. High ESL Teacher; 2017-18 Teacher Leader Advisory Group Member

"Great study tool!"

What do you like best?

I love the various options for each study set. Kids like having the option to choose the activity that they find the most helpful. I also love how there is the option to have the flashcards read aloud.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps I just haven't discovered it yet, but I would love for the "test" option to be able to be uploaded to google classroom. When I have used it as a quiz in the past, I went to each student's computer, chose the options I wanted them to have, created the test, then had them show me their score when finished. I would like the option to create a test at one time and share it with a group via classroom then have the scores uploaded there. Perhaps that does occur with a paid subscription. So far, I have only used the free option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used quizlet to study for Praxis exams for my own benefit, and I have used quizlet to create study sets for students to use to study for vocabulary tests, etc. The only issue I have had is there is no option for multiple answers for one word or one question. Each card has to have its match. It would be nice if two options could be chosen, etc.

Quizlet study sets provide students with at-home study practice with material for which they have no textbook. Quizlet offers students a variety of study tools to keep them engaged.

Quizlet review by Trey R.
Professor

"Good Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like most about Quizlet is the pre-built diagrams. I use the pre-build diagrams very often, especially when I need information on a subject that I don't have on hand myself. The diagrams have been handy on a number of occasions. I also recommend the diagrams to my students to use to expand their knowledge on a subject matter. They are great for gathering more information. Another thing that I like a lot about Quizlet is the electronic flashcards. I recommend using Flashcards to all of my students for certain tests and quizzes. Having to manually create one flash card at a time with paper is time consuming not to mention a hassle to carry around with you. Being able to use Quizlet to create electronic flashcards has been really nice. My students really appreciate them as well. Not only can you access them from anywhere, but you can edit them as necessary without having to make a totally new flashcard. The flashcards are a good way to test yourself. I even create a folder containing flashcards and the folder with my students as another study tool. This is good because I am easily able to provide them with a study tool that I build for them. Quizlet makes it easy for me to help my students learn and enhance their studying experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was able to share just the flashcards that I create with my students. Unfortunately, I'm only able to share my flashcards if I share the entire folder that the flashcards are contained in. So, I have gotten around this by creating a folder that just contains all of my flashcards and sharing that whole folder with students. However, if I were able to share just flashcards without having to share the entire folder, it would be much easier. The other thing that I think could be improved about Quizlet is the actual design of the flashcards. There is currently only one design for flashcards and they all look exactly the same. Being able to change the colors, fonts and even add pictures would enhance the user experience and keep people more engaged when going from flashcard to flashcard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Quizlet for any teacher or student that would like to enhance their study experience. Being able to have electronic flashcards is one of the best things about Quizlet - you can create flashcards and access them from anywhere that you are studying. I also recommend to my students - or to anyone who uses Quizlet with a group - that they share with each other so they can have access to everyone's study materials that they created. Quizlet has been a huge benefit and increased grades of all my my students who take advantage of the service.

The biggest benefit that I have discovered about Quizlet is that you are able to share your information with others. This has been such a nice tool because I'm able to create things for my students and enhance their study experience. Quizlet allows me to create practice exams so that my students can easily access and go over the things that I recommend are of importance. Quizlet has not only enhanced the experience for my students, but it has actually improved the grades of those students of mine who are taking advantage of Quizlet. I appreciate that there is a free and a paid version of Quizlet. My students are spending enough money on their education, I can't ask that they spend more money for Quizlet. So, the fact that they can still utilize the benefits of Quizlet without having to pay for a membership has helped us a lot and proven beneficial for those students who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford a Quizlet membership.

Quizlet review by Jonna Leanne P.
Freelance Video Editor
Higher Education

"Not just an easy to use app, it’s also a community helping each other by sharing content"

What do you like best?

The best part of quizlet has been being able to take pictures on my notes and use the to easily right on the card and get th content all in one, easy to ready, and use, place.

What do you dislike?

The instructions were ok, I really had trouble findng out how to add a card and sometimes when you want to type in the translated word and press enter, the first words on the car may or may not be there.

Currently I am using it to learn luangues.

However, I can see myself using it as a form of tram build activity in getting the team to create a card and guess who said what to learn about your comwoejers. It could do the same with client and portfolio knowledge. This app really helps with that anything that you need assistance with. I would much rather even have my work meeting notes on here to review than in paper.

Quizlet review by Ryan A.
Assistant Professor
Higher Education

"Quizlet is an excellent program to help students learn by seeing and listening."

What do you like best?

I liked the way the program allowed me to chose different ways to present the materials. I use Quizlet as a fun game or contest for my students. It is pretty versatile while working on it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to adjust the difficulty because I teach students with special needs. It would like to see more pictures and animation to help my students who learn best by visual delivery of the lesson. Sometimes during exam week, quizlet lags. There is no verification method for quizlet cards, thus it is difficult to tell whether the information is accurate or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is great for teaching lessons and review for assessments.

Having a program that is visual and also provides audio is engaging to my students. This program always multiple ways to present materials. It is important to me to be able to choose the best method for each student or class to learn.

Quizlet review by Rema B.
Tutor

"Great App for Studying"

What do you like best?

The range of topics that one can find using Quizlet. You can learn, post, or review about almost any topic that you can imagine. I have used this for both myself as a student and for my students.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found that I dislike is the printing structure. I wish there was a way for me to format how I can print from this website. I also wish you could take individual "flashcards" and incorporate them into your study sets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to organize your information and your classes. You are able to organize your classes however you want, using either information you put in or other peoples flashcards that are already done and uploaded. I love using different sets of flashcards to give to my students or to use to study myself.

It is an easy way to incorporate technology into studying. It allows you to use already uploaded study sets for your own students or for yourself.

Quizlet review by Carly M.
5th Grade Teacher
Education Management

"Quick, Easy, and Exactly What You Need"

What do you like best?

This application and website is available for teachers and students, and the functionality for each is top-notch. Even using the free account allows you to create classes, study sets, and to collaborate with other teachers to create study sets.

What do you dislike?

Some features are only available with a paid membership. While I believe this sight may be worth the insight the paid features provide, educators already must use their own money for so many things. This just adds to that list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using the paid subscription. The reports and control available through the paid membership is worth spending the money.

I have been able to engage every student in learning with this app. Regardless of a individual's learning style, auditory, visual, or kinesthetic, students can find an activity that engages them. What's better-- assigning groups with a paid membership makes differentiating easier and more manageable.

Quizlet review by Evan T.
Assistant Director/Director of Program Design & Operation
Education Management

"Great product for Flashcards!"

What do you like best?

In graduate school I used this product consistently to study for language tests. I thought it was great! Flashcards are a necessity, but not totally practical to take around with me everywhere I go, so having the ability to just bring my phone out and study whenever and wherever I needed to was really helpful! I love the fact that there are pre-made diagrams, so if you want to study a particular subject but don't have the exact information you can still be helped by using the pre-made diagrams.

What do you dislike?

I primarily use the flashcards for Hebrew studying, and sometimes the alphabet didn't come through on the quizlet program. Honestly, I really didn't have a lot of negative feelings towards Quizlet. I found it to be really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great for team collaboration and usefulness!

Collaboration. I use quizlet to invite other colleagues to collaborate on group study projects and create flashcards together. I also like the fact that you can create study sets and make them public so other people can benefit.

Quizlet review by Jennifer R.
Private Tutor
(Myself Only)

"One of the best ways to self-test online"

What do you like best?

You can generate a way to self-test yourself on vocabulary terms. You can also find answers to multiple choice questions from textbooks on this website. There is an extensive amount of knowledge on this site.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to save study sets other people have created to your profile. You can bookmark entire folders, but not specific sets. There are often no explanation for answers, just the answer. So if you are ever confused on why an answer is what it is, it is up to you to figure it out. I also wish there was a way to keep track of grades on this website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely helpful for tutors, students, and teachers.

Instead of having to use paper to generate a quiz to help my students, I am able to create the quiz once, and use it over and over again. I have access the quiz from any device.

Quizlet review by Nathalie B.
Teacher and responsible EdTech

"Great tool for review"

What do you like best?

I use Quizlet almost daily with my 5 to 10 year old students. It is very easy to use, both for the teacher as for the students. I set up the lists and sometimes students do it themselves. It is easy to share the lists with the students and they can practise individually. It is an ideal tool for differentiation.

What do you dislike?

I like Quizlet a lot. There is nothing wrong with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use devices in the classroom and you are looking for a differentiation or review tool, Quizlet is what you need.

Differentiation in the classroom, I have more time to work with children individually, students can work at their own level and rhythm, they can also practise at home to prepare for tests.

Quizlet review by Lisa B.
Social Studies Teacher
(Myself Only)

"Digital flashcards that help focus what students need to study"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is constantly improving and adding features to help students learn and for teachers to engage the students. The new Live mode is competitive and a student favorite - as a teacher it requires no additional prep work for an instant review game.

What do you dislike?

I wish the user statistics displayed better. It is hard to see studying trends without looking at each individual student, even then it only shows the last score and not all scores they have gotten.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version gives plenty of options, but the paid version is reasonably priced - so I actually pay for this tool (it's one of the few). By having the paid version I can upload my own images, which is very useful.

I am able to share studying materials easily and students are able to learn. It works on a variety of mobile devices, with or without wi-fi (once they have studied the set once).

Quizlet review by Elliot Marcel M.
(10,001+ employees)

"Best way to do language flashcards in a digital/virtual world"

What do you like best?

Amazing user interface that allows for non-latin script input which is absolutely crucial for studying a variety of different languages. That you can search for other developed sets means that much of the work is already complete in producing the flashcards so you can get straight into using them!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the duplication feature in quizlet makes modifications difficult when you are going through the flashcards. Overall though this is an absolutely fantastic platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best flashcard program out there that is compatible across platforms since it is browser based. If you are looking to provide a platform where students and all language learners can work on vocabulary and grammatical concepts, this is the place to do it!

Language study is the primary avenue that I have personally used, encouraged colleagues and students to use this software. Yet there is clearly

Quizlet review by A P.
a
Internet

"Very helpful tool!"

What do you like best?

As a professor of the natural sciences this is a very helpful tool to help my students succeed. I appreciate the ability to better provide my students with study material. The virtual flash cards are very helpful but the test and interactive games help allow students to assess your skills. This is perfect for my foreign language classroom and is easily connected with Google classroom so that I can monitor and track student progress.

What do you dislike?

I like most things especially the shareability! The search feature is sometimes cumbersome. Giving students access to the correct classroom can be hard if they do not chose the correct link. Using the defining tool for my sets provides incorrect words sometimes so be careful. There could also be more testing tools and games to aid those studying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The analytical tools that come with the upgrade offer a great additional realm of support.

I am helping educate the future generations in the natural sciences! I have seen a significant increase in student performance since moving from traditional study guides. As an educator, this tool has been a great addition for my students! Quizlet really makes it easier for the educator and student to stay connected on students and their progress. Quizlet helps me to track and monitor student progress with the study tool. Most students are technology savvy and carry their phones with them all of the time this makes it easy for them to access their vocabulary lists and learn the language of science.

Quizlet review by User

"Quilt"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that I am able to track students' progress using Quizlet. Quizlet allows both teachers and students to create their own flash cards and flash card sets. Students are then able to practice terms from these study sets in a number of different ways. As a language teacher, Quizlet is a great app that I require all of my students to use on a weekly basis. I am able to track student progress and see which students completed which tasks, which terms students struggled with the most, and much more. Students also have the freedom to create their own study sets, giving them unlimited, free, practice with any important terminology across all subject areas. Finally, teachers are able to purchase Quizlet Pro accounts, which allow educators to create specific classes and control games like Quizlet Live, a fun and interactive review game using computers.

What do you dislike?

The only thing about Quizlet that I dislike is the fact that when a student begins a certain practice task, I am unable to see just how much of the task the student completed. From my teacher account, I can only see whether a student has not started, started, or completed a task. If a student starts, but doesn't complete a task, I can't see how far s/he got. I can see how much time was spent on the task, but that doesn't necessarily tell me how much s/he accomplished in the time period. Finally, some students think that they have "finished" a task, but when I look on my computer it shows s/he only started. It would be nice if there were a clear "end screen" that confirms a student has completed the task so that there is less confusion.

Educators use Quizlet to help students review important terminology and facts. This has given my students freedom to improve individual skills while still allowing me to see what they are doing and how much success they are having.

Quizlet review by Rebecca R.
Elementary Band Director

"Great Study Tool!"

What do you like best?

In Quizlet, I like that you can create your own sets or search other sets. Allowing users to search other sets saves users time from "recreating the wheel". Sometimes another user has a set that is exactly what you need!

What do you dislike?

When you first start using Quizlet it can be a little overwhelming. There are a lot of options and it is hard to understand what all the options are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is a great tool for studying and for helping your students study. There is a great feature that allows you to search for other sets that are already created so that you do not have to always create your own. That is amazing for teachers that are short on time!

I used this when I studied for college and now use it in the classroom.

Quizlet review by User in Financial Services

"Quizlet for Quick Review"

What do you like best?

Quizlet allows a user to input their own vocabulary or terms and definitions. Then, it creates flashcards and allows the user to play a number of different games. I like this review for my students because they get a review that is designed by me, and it is specifically aligns with standards and our curriculum. Plenty of websites have review worksheets, games, and activities, this way I can guarantee that the students are reviewing the exact information they need to review.

What do you dislike?

Some of the games are not as user-friendly as they could be. It works very well if you have the vocabulary word and one synonym. It might also work well for a foreign language review with one word and a direct translation. One of the games require students to type in the missing definition. If the answer is off slightly, such as “a group of people” instead of “the group of people,” it is marked incorrectly. This can be frustrating for students. I try to steer my students towards games that are easier to navigate.

It is free, which is helpful for a cash-strapped teacher!

Quizlet review by Maddy T.
Doctorate of Chiropractic student

"Best study tool that you can use anywhere"

What do you like best?

I can use it anywhere! Phone or laptop. I’m always using this if I’m sitting at work and studying or when I’m with my colleagues we use this tool literally on the daily.

What do you dislike?

Can’t always add pictures to study - so sometimes when I need to memorize and study pictures of patients, etc. it’s a little difficult sometimes to see the picture of ever upload one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

It allows me study anywhere- I’m always on the go so having this tool at my fingertips really makes it why I only use quizlet

Quizlet review by Aidan G.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is very easy to set up and is a great tool for self-studies, which is something I always recommend to my students. It has a free version which includes a lot of useful features like flashcards, templates, and quizzes as well.

What do you dislike?

It can only be used for certain type of quizzes and has a lot of spelling errors. Some information is incorrect as well because users can upload any information without any verification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for exam preparation, it will do you wonders!

I use it to publish review notes for my students for exams. I also use it for a couple of my own classes and assignments. it is very helpful and easy to use.

Quizlet review by Gabrielle M.
Honors Peer Mentor
Research

"Tutoring Dreams"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is easy and user friendly. I hold tutoring appointments, and I'm able to create and share study sets with my students.

What do you dislike?

I used Quizlet Plus for 6 months, however, I did not find the benefits for the service to be worth it. I frequently used the study sets that allowed me to attach pictures, but otherwise I found little more that enhanced the service beyond the free sign up.

I had difficulty with my students not knowing what to study, however, with my own flash cards set they are able to access study materials from home.

Quizlet review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Used to assess client's knowledge!!!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's free. It's easy to use and you can use other's quizzes as a template for your own which saves so much time. It's also super convenient; all i have to do is text my clients the link for them to do the quiz over their cell phone while in a session. It's very helpful to getting rid of the experience of toting around so many documents. Overall, it saves time and money

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the free answer questions have to be so perfect in spelling. it makes it harder to assess where a student truly is in terms of their knowledge. Also it takes a long time to format quizzes- this could be due to using the free versions, but I find this very tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version to see what it can do for you! I would definitely recommend it, but don't waste time with the free version if you plan to use it a lot. You might as well buy the paid version.

I spend less time coming up with questions on the spot of how to assess my clients knowledge. this allows me to spend more time in other areas during our appointments together. The benefits are definitely appreciated and I'm thankful to have used this software so versatily, as I once only used it as a student myself.

Quizlet review by Zakiah M.
Peer Tutor
Higher Education

"A great flash-card resource."

What do you like best?

My favorite part about quizlet is the ability to streamline all of my study flash cards into one conducive app.. I have access to them on my iPhone, iPad, laptop and more. In addition to having access to my flashcards, I can look for resources other students have made public, and utilize that information to my studying advantage.

What do you dislike?

The flashcards are very boring, I think having more design options (as right now there are none), would make studying a little more fun and exciting. Also, while I like the quizzing/exam mode, I wish there were more options as to how you can design an exam.

The biggest benefit with quizlet is being able to share your information with others.

Quizlet review by Marie K.
Manager
Education Management

"Quizzes for students with nice interactive features"

What do you like best?

It offers some nice prebuilt features for students to learn and retry their progress. The class management is excellent especially in comparison with other similar tools the system is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

I think it needs a mobile rework or something to gain better access while you are not at home. Also, I did not receive some submissions from my students. Also, there were some spelling issues and one big disadvantage in my opinion: The answers have to be 100% correctly spelled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many similar tools on the market that I think you should try this one in the free version and so can yourself make an own opinion. The price for extra features is reasonable and it offers some nice features.

I use it here and there to build quizzes for my students but not so regularly anymore. I think there are more tools that are in most situations better suited for me.

Quizlet review by User in Primary/Secondary Education

"My students love it"

What do you like best?

My students love using Quizlet! Students enjoy having Quizlet as a study tool, especially for vocabulary and countries and capitals. I love using the games to help my students review information. If my students had 1:1 devices, I would use Quizlet Live often. This feature allows them to compete in real time. Quizlet is free and very easy for even the least tech-savvy teachers to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am not considered a "Teacher" unless I subscribe to the service. The free edition is perfect for my needs. I also dislike that my students expect all of the information on the tests to be on Quizlet. This is not an issue with the program but it is a downfall of utilizing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not pay for this service unless you plan to have students take tests on Quizlet for a grade. The free version fulfills all of my needs

Quizlet gives my students an easy, portable way to study. I also use it occasionally to review information.

Quizlet review by Rebecca M.
7th grade Language Arts & Social Studies Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Quizlet - The Study Tool for Academics of All Ages"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is the perfect study tool for academics of all ages. Students as young as kindergarten can use this as there is picture integration (for use in vocabulary acquisition, or phonetic identification) but it is not designed to exclude the oldest of students from middle to college and beyond. Between flash cards and game integration, Quizlet helps students learn in an easily manageable and fun way.

What do you dislike?

In the game integration for studying, students must use the exact words as the study set, which can cause complications in accurate score tracking when words are misspelled or strings of words are mixed up. This could easily be addressed through keyword tracking or by adding more variety of games.

Getting students to study is a task I wish upon on one. Since introducing Quizlet, students constantly ask if the topic we are studying as a Quizlet available because they enjoy using the system, and even more important, it WORKS! Students who use Quizlet score much higher on exams that students who do not. The success helps students stay motivated, and relieves the pressure to constantly remind students to study--they do it themselves at their own free will because Quizlet is engaging and supports their learning.

Quizlet review by Rachael M.
(10,001+ employees)

"Quizlet for Nursing Education"

What do you like best?

I like that Quizlet has free options with available upgrades. One of my favorite features is to be able to copy questions from other quizlets if they are appropriate to the content I'm covering with my students. It's less work than having to type out each individual entry if they are similar. I like that my students can access quizlets from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I find the number of advertisements on the desktop site to be distracting. I wish you could attribute content to a source or resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Quizlet is a great cost-effective means of creating content for students. I appreciate that there are both paid versions and free versions for instructors. I personally use quizlet to provide exam review opportunities for nursing students.

I'm always aiming to decrease my students costs associated with college. Because quizlet is free, it reduces the financial strain on my students and allows me to focus on delivering content. It is an easy way for me to provide review material for course exams and for review for their boards examination.

Quizlet review by Isha G.
First grade teacher

"Fun and learn"

What do you like best?

Some quizzes are already made for you. As an educator, we are always hard pressed for time. They have quizzes for all ages and whatever skills you need.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about quizlet. Maybe I am not a paid member, I see many advertisements on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy way to assess kids' learning after a skill has been taught or it is a good way to utilize it as a warm up.

I use Quizlets to engage my students in blended learning and sometimes, I use the quizzes to assess their understanding in an informal manner.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

Besides being able to customize study sets for individual classes, Quizlet allows students to study by themselves or in small groups in ways that work for them. I love the class-wide Quizlet Live feature too.

A great website for my students to see the questions for the class and check the notes before the exam.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Quizlet is that the free version does not allow you track the progress of students. As a teacher, we do not always have the budget to afford the upgraded version. Having this ability on the free version would be a huge benefit to all teachers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great asset for all of my classes. Would definitely recommend it to all the people involved in the education sector. A big thumbs up.

I use it at my University ( California Polytechnic) to help students review notes for my peer mentor class and learn the tricks to get an A in class.

"Quizlet Review"

What do you like best?

This tool allows students to easily review classroom content. It is easy to organize data and give students access to teacher created materials. I love that teachers can add audio to their content to make it more interactive for students. Also, my students are able to review all the notes for this, which has led to increase in the class grade.

What do you dislike?

The font and layout get really messed up on Android devices which is not good since I have mostly used it on my android phone and not on iPhones. My students have the problem only in this and I would love if they can fix that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best software out there to help students prepare for exams and review notes. A big thumbs up.

I use it with my students to help them review notes and solve questions before the exams in my peer review sessions. At ASU we love to help our students and this software has made that possible.

Quizlet review by Administrator in Education Management

"Quizlet for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

Quizlet isn’t just for that college student looking to study for their geology final. Quizelt has been a huge help in tutoring students and assigning words for vocabulary. Implementing Quizlet into our vocabulary units has been very helpful. Students can practice on your own and you are in charge of which words you are assigning. Tests are administered at the beginning of each tutoring session with us and Quizlet has shown to be very effective. Parents and tutors have seen a ton of improvement in students.

What do you dislike?

The only con I would say is the test feature. There should be a way to turn a test on by an administrator so the student cannot take a test before we assign it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love quizlet. This is a great study tool and saves loads of time!

Saves time on curriculum practice and leaves room to teach more material.

Quizlet review by Roshni P.
Teacher
Non-Profit Organization Management
(Myself Only)

"Great product, it is very useful. "

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about this product is that it is very easy to use and access for anyone. This product is something to make it easier for teachers to input information and make it accessible to a group of students. It really serves its purpose and it is also nice because anyone can access the information, so if another teacher has input something, anyone can easily access that and not have to put a lot more effort into inputting the same information again.

What do you dislike?

Their actually is not much that I dislike because it is very simple and straight forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this to others that are still considering because it meets many requirements and can be easily accessible to students and teachers alike.

I can easily access all the words that I need and send them to other teachers so they can easily see them and use the tests or games within there own classroom. I think that this took really benefits students as well as teachers because you only need to input information once and you can send it to all the students who need it. It can also be accessed anywhere, which makes it even easier to use because students use cellphones and they can access it on there as well. It is good for them to practice with tests and flashcards because it really helps them to learn better.

Quizlet review by User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Quizlet is great for the teacher and student"

What do you like best?

I like using quizlet's flashcard setup to view questions and answers as well as use them with my students.

What do you dislike?

Some of the games that are generated with the study information aren't the most engaging or fun. I find that my students would rather use the premade quizlets or make their own simply for the ability to use flashcards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend encouraging your students to create quizlets that they share with each other. It can be a great tool for a chapter review, or for a larger project where groups of students review specific chapters and then you are left with a nice, large final exam review.

I have had students offer to make a quizlet to share with the entire class, and this has been great because not only does that provide my students with study material I didn't have to create myself, but it gives my students more ownership over the content.

Quizlet review by Barbara D.
Spanish Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Quizlet is a great study tool for languages"

What do you like best?

That it has so many ways to practice vocabulary. You can download the app on your smart phone and review vocabulary while you wait in line, you can play games, it has a pronunciation feature so you can hear how the words sound, you can print flashcards, you can play team games from your phone in class.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything about Quizlet that I dislike, its a great application for teaching foreign languages to high school students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

free, easy to use, many users have already created sets for popular textbook series so you should search before you take time to create. I have used this app myself to prepare for licensing exams, really its great for every level from elementary to college. Younger children could create their own quizlets for spelling words or vocabulary from a short text.

Providing students with a study aid where they are at (on their smartphones) better grades on vocabulary assessments.

Quizlet review by Joanne R.
Special Education Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Quizlet is a great tool for teachers!"

What do you like best?

Quizlet is a great tool that allows teachers to use without having an additional cost. Students love to do it as they can use their technology devices, while also having some competition with their classmates. Competition is not required in order to use this service, but it's a great part that teachers can add in. Students enjoy using their technology devices, so getting them away from paper and pencil is helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only dislikes I have about quizlet are the fact that the program doesn't sync with google classroom and that the flashcards themselves are slightly boring. Adding in some design options would be a great feature.

As a school that works with google classroom, as sync feature would be great so that grading could go right into the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is a great supplementary tool in order to teach students a subject/vocabulary.

Having an alternative to hand writing flashcards. Quizlet is a fun way for students to study. Often times they are far more willing to do school work when it's available online.

"Great Study Aid "

What do you like best?

There are a number of functions I enjoy with Quizlet. It's a simple to use program that helps aid in the studying process. One of my favorite features is the ability to share and collaborate on flashcards. This also allows for professors or teachers to create flashcard sets and provide them for students.

What do you dislike?

Overall there really isn't anything that I particularly dislike on Quizlet; the free version provides all you need to successfully prepare for classes and exams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program and the free user accounts allow for a risk free trials. From there users can determine if they want to upgrade to the premium account.

I use Quizlet to study and prepare for exams. Many times I am able to collaborate with fellow students and come up with a wide array of questions. I've benefited through this software by feeling more prepared for exams and in the end earning a higher examination score than I would if I didn't have the program.

Quizlet review by User in Higher Education

"I have used Quizlet in my work tutoring here at Harvard. "

What do you like best?

I like that users have the opportunity to create their own quizzes and that the interface is appropriate for both children and adults. The quizzes don't seem overly complicated, which I think is helpful, especially in the language quizzes.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be better instructions for how to go through a quiz, especially if someone is using this for language practice and doesn't speak English as their native language. I think it's difficult to necessarily expect them to intuit the instructions. It would also be nice to be able to print things more readily so that students would be able to take the cards and quizzes with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend practicing yourself with it before sharing it with a student in order to get familiar with the layout and the way the quizzes function.

I'm not using this for business, but for the volunteer tutoring I do.

Quizlet review by adam d.

"Perfect Vocabulary Acquisition Tool"

What do you like best?

I love this program. I have my students use it regularly. It is great for learning English, or any other language and vocabulary. They are also adding new tools.

What do you dislike?

The app is a little different from the web version, but it is a solid program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn’t matter what level you are teaching or what material- it is so easy to set up or have students use in their own- it is flexible and efficient.

It is easy; easy to set up and use, easy to keep track of users and easy to set up groups, folders, etc.