Quizlet

Quizlet builds simple tools that let you study anything, anywhere.

Work for Quizlet?

Learning about Quizlet?

Quizlet Reviews

Ask Quizlet a Question
Showing 143 Quizlet reviews
Quizlet review by <span>Kristen S.</span>
Kristen S.

Excellent platform for learning

What do you like best?

The best feature of quizlet is that it provides flashcards and create your own quiz options which are very good for subjects which focus more on memorizing and rote learning. It is very easy to use and set up - you can just use your google or facebook account to create a quizlet one! I like how easy it is to search for pre-existing quizzes as well on quizlet.

What do you dislike?

The layouts that quizlets provides work out well only for very generalized topics. For example, it is not really a good place to learn more about logic-based answers. There is also no way to verify if the information provided in a particular quiz on quizlet is correct or not because they do not validate it; this can be pretty misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using it for simpler topics and to cross check the information provided in quizlet, just in case.

I have mostly used quizlet to post tutoring sessions for reviews for final exams. I have also used this to learn more about some courses myself. It definitely is easy to use and access, considering it is so popular and has information on almost all sorts of generic topics.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Quizlet
Quizlet review by <span>Amelia S.</span>
Amelia S.

It has a lot of AMAZING features

What do you like best?

Quizlet is the best place for exam preparation in college. It has flashcards for so many topics which help you quiz yourself! It lets you generate tests for yourself and has notes available on so many topics, including those even by specific professors. It is a fun way to learn things and I always recommend it to my tutees.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike in the actual software of Quizlet. All of the information provided on quizlet is not reliable because there is no way to verify it. It also does not have a lot of templates which do not support a lot of learning styles. There are a lot of typing errors in the content and a lot of the information is not even provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to find information on quizlet and make use of the flashcards.

I often refer it to my tutees and biggest benefit that I have discovered about Quizlet is that it provides a lot of information on very specific topics.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

Quizlet review by <span>Alicia T.</span>
Alicia T.

Great study tool!

What do you like best?

I love the various options for each study set. Kids like having the option to choose the activity that they find the most helpful. I also love how there is the option to have the flashcards read aloud.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps I just haven't discovered it yet, but I would love for the "test" option to be able to be uploaded to google classroom. When I have used it as a quiz in the past, I went to each student's computer, chose the options I wanted them to have, created the test, then had them show me their score when finished. I would like the option to create a test at one time and share it with a group via classroom then have the scores uploaded there. Perhaps that does occur with a paid subscription. So far, I have only used the free option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used quizlet to study for Praxis exams for my own benefit, and I have used quizlet to create study sets for students to use to study for vocabulary tests, etc. The only issue I have had is there is no option for multiple answers for one word or one question. Each card has to have its match. It would be nice if two options could be chosen, etc.

Quizlet study sets provide students with at-home study practice with material for which they have no textbook. Quizlet offers students a variety of study tools to keep them engaged.

Quizlet review by <span>Trey R.</span>
Trey R.

Good Learning Tool

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like most about Quizlet is the pre-built diagrams. I use the pre-build diagrams very often, especially when I need information on a subject that I don't have on hand myself. The diagrams have been handy on a number of occasions. I also recommend the diagrams to my students to use to expand their knowledge on a subject matter. They are great for gathering more information. Another thing that I like a lot about Quizlet is the electronic flashcards. I recommend using Flashcards to all of my students for certain tests and quizzes. Having to manually create one flash card at a time with paper is time consuming not to mention a hassle to carry around with you. Being able to use Quizlet to create electronic flashcards has been really nice. My students really appreciate them as well. Not only can you access them from anywhere, but you can edit them as necessary without having to make a totally new flashcard. The flashcards are a good way to test yourself. I even create a folder containing flashcards and the folder with my students as another study tool. This is good because I am easily able to provide them with a study tool that I build for them. Quizlet makes it easy for me to help my students learn and enhance their studying experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was able to share just the flashcards that I create with my students. Unfortunately, I'm only able to share my flashcards if I share the entire folder that the flashcards are contained in. So, I have gotten around this by creating a folder that just contains all of my flashcards and sharing that whole folder with students. However, if I were able to share just flashcards without having to share the entire folder, it would be much easier. The other thing that I think could be improved about Quizlet is the actual design of the flashcards. There is currently only one design for flashcards and they all look exactly the same. Being able to change the colors, fonts and even add pictures would enhance the user experience and keep people more engaged when going from flashcard to flashcard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Quizlet for any teacher or student that would like to enhance their study experience. Being able to have electronic flashcards is one of the best things about Quizlet - you can create flashcards and access them from anywhere that you are studying. I also recommend to my students - or to anyone who uses Quizlet with a group - that they share with each other so they can have access to everyone's study materials that they created. Quizlet has been a huge benefit and increased grades of all my my students who take advantage of the service.

The biggest benefit that I have discovered about Quizlet is that you are able to share your information with others. This has been such a nice tool because I'm able to create things for my students and enhance their study experience. Quizlet allows me to create practice exams so that my students can easily access and go over the things that I recommend are of importance. Quizlet has not only enhanced the experience for my students, but it has actually improved the grades of those students of mine who are taking advantage of Quizlet. I appreciate that there is a free and a paid version of Quizlet. My students are spending enough money on their education, I can't ask that they spend more money for Quizlet. So, the fact that they can still utilize the benefits of Quizlet without having to pay for a membership has helped us a lot and proven beneficial for those students who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford a Quizlet membership.

Quizlet review by <span>Jonna Leanne P.</span>
Jonna Leanne P.

Not just an easy to use app, it’s also a community helping each other by sharing content

What do you like best?

The best part of quizlet has been being able to take pictures on my notes and use the to easily right on the card and get th content all in one, easy to ready, and use, place.

What do you dislike?

The instructions were ok, I really had trouble findng out how to add a card and sometimes when you want to type in the translated word and press enter, the first words on the car may or may not be there.

Currently I am using it to learn luangues.

However, I can see myself using it as a form of tram build activity in getting the team to create a card and guess who said what to learn about your comwoejers. It could do the same with client and portfolio knowledge. This app really helps with that anything that you need assistance with. I would much rather even have my work meeting notes on here to review than in paper.

Quizlet review by <span>Ryan A.</span>
Ryan A.

Quizlet is an excellent program to help students learn by seeing and listening.

What do you like best?

I liked the way the program allowed me to chose different ways to present the materials. I use Quizlet as a fun game or contest for my students. It is pretty versatile while working on it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to adjust the difficulty because I teach students with special needs. It would like to see more pictures and animation to help my students who learn best by visual delivery of the lesson. Sometimes during exam week, quizlet lags. There is no verification method for quizlet cards, thus it is difficult to tell whether the information is accurate or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quizlet is great for teaching lessons and review for assessments.

Having a program that is visual and also provides audio is engaging to my students. This program always multiple ways to present materials. It is important to me to be able to choose the best method for each student or class to learn.

Learning about Quizlet?

* We monitor all Quizlet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.