Rackspace Backup

Rackspace Backup safeguards your business by helping to protect the important files your website or application needs. Quickly get back to normal operations by rapidly restoring files after a system failure or file loss.

Work for Rackspace Backup?

Learning about Rackspace Backup?

Rackspace Backup Reviews

Ask Rackspace Backup a Question
Showing 17 Rackspace Backup reviews
Rackspace Backup review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"Reliable and smart"

What do you like best?

Service is top notch. Always ready to answer questions and guide in right direction. We have managed to eliminate a lot of issues with back up as we had in the past and found it very easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

We been happy with everything, but the interface can be a bit old school. It's easy to get around though, but it would fit with a modern twist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to consider if you can go with an older admin interface etc. You need some people around you who's pretty good at using hosting interfaces etc.

It has made our hosting solution much more efficient and we benefited with a backup tool that is very reliable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rackspace Backup
Rackspace Backup review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Rackspace Backup is Reliable"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for their web portal. If we need backups, then we simply click a couple buttons in our portal, and we have access to our backups. The portal also easily shows you what backups are good, which backups could have problems, and which ones require attention. Its very informative.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about it. The system is simple, with no real possibilities for error. Overall, the pages that load the backup system could be faster, but overall easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you compare the cost of rolling your own backup solution with a managed solution. You may find it to be significantly cheaper and simpler to go with a managed solution like the Rackspace Managed Backup Solution.

We are solving our backup strategy need with Rackspace Backups. We have had to utilize a backup or two a couple times in our past, and Rackspace made it easy to use.

What Server Backup solution do you use?

Rackspace Backup review by Shabira B.
Shabira B.

"Store important files with Rackspace"

What do you like best?

Its really important that you should have backup plans for your important files and documents.

Rackspace helps you to schedule backup at particular times which can be restore as per need.

Even all the files and folder can be backup of the system.

Panel is really attractive and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It costs on per day basis so you may cost higher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. Users can save their important documents and files over the cloud very easily

Its was really useful product when storing important documents.

We have used it while making our project. All the files were stored on their server to save the back-up failure on our local system.

Rackspace Backup review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Rackspace Review"

What do you like best?

Very affordable option for us being a start up to have a reliable backup of all the CRM data we collected since we began. Could not go wrong with $10 a month to get going.

What do you dislike?

Pre-set cadence for scheduled FTP drops would some time not hit exactly when we needed them to, but for the most part, the timing was spot on and we could pass along data and receive it when needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of a free trial prior to a go live. For sure it was very cheap any way, but worth testing to make sure it is worth it for your company.

Cloud backup for important customer level data for the off chance we lost everything. We realized we needed this in a secure place given the amount of hacking that exists in today's world.

Rackspace Backup review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Rackspace keeps your data Secure on Cloud!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Rackspace since about 5 years now and is extremely satisfied about how their backup works. I use the image backup and the Daily File level back with Rackspace for our database and web servers. It's easy to schedule the backup using the main account admin area. It is also easy to retrieve files from the backups when needed. Rackspace uses their clouds to keep the backups and it is really cheap as well to add extra storage on the backup clouds.

What do you dislike?

I don't see any issue yet with Rackspace backup so do not have anything to mention yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well, it is really important for each and everyone to keep their data secure. You need to have your important content available whenever you need it. Rackspace has really helped out with this and is really heading in the right direction.

Trying to keep my sites secure and available as needed. Most of times there are people hacking your site and database and you might need to restore your important files and database. In that case, it is really important to have good backups available so you don't lose your important files and database information.

Rackspace has helped a lot with their backup systems available.

Rackspace Backup review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"The backup service which you really need."

What do you like best?

Rackspace backup has been the best backup service someone need for their cloud storage. Rackspace backup runs in real time and they keep taking backups regularly. I used rackspace with my previous organization and we used rackapce backup services. Rackspace provides the following kind of backup services 9Atleast i am aware about these for now):

Image backups

Incremental backups

File level backups

Image backup keeps the backup of your Linux server including the system files and configurations. File level backups can help restoring individual files when required. Incremental backups keeps taking the backup of updated code ever. there could be additional backup services as well by rackspace but I am only aware about these for now.

Its easy to restore backups when needed via contacting the support team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now. I have been able to backup files and restore them as needed. have not seen any issue yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is the best backup service for now. Well you have to use rackspace cloud in order to use their services. but i don't think there is any issue going with rackspace for your business needs. They have the right team to manage your services and help you with best of their services.

My organization used to keep customer files and the websites on the cloud. The backup service has helped us meeting our objective in keeping the backups available safely.

We have been satisfied with their services.

Rackspace Backup review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

I love how I can get to my email back ups from any computer. I usually use my personal computer because it is a Mac and I find it much easier to use than the PC my work provides me. Because of this, I might be somewhere with only my personal computer and I might have to look something up for work. With this, I am able to do just that

What do you dislike?

I do not see anything I dislike about it

We are able to get to our back ups from any public computer or personal computer.

Rackspace Backup review by Administrator

"Customer Service Experts"

What do you like best?

Not only does Rackspace provide the best backup and hosting services, but their customer service is also the best hands down in the industry. The piece of mind knowing we'll always have data backups and can easily pull them up. Perfect.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be a bit challenging when you have multiple accounts with Rackspace. Remembering where to log in for each can take a couple minutes.

99.99% uptime. I nor my clients have to worry about sites going down or not having timely backups.

Rackspace Backup review by David L.
David L.

"Great Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

It helps me keep all of my businesses files and data securely backed up in a clean GUI.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing at the moment. everything works well and how it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it.

data recovery is almost not a thing anymore for us.

Rackspace Backup review by Tiffany C.
Tiffany C.

"Decent Backup solution"

What do you like best?

Rackspace Backup is priced very well. If you are looking for a solution that is cost efficient while providing service that is good enough for a small organization

What do you dislike?

experienced some issues connecting to the servers

Mail backup

Rackspace Backup review by Administrator

"Cost efficient & easy to use backups"

What do you like best?

The control panel makes it easy to schedule and manage backups.

What do you dislike?

The storage cost per GB seems fair, but the monthly minimum is less than ideal for smaller accounts. I would support a higher per GB fee for smaller accounts instead of the monthly minimum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good option to consider if you are looking for a solution to backing up cloud servers.

This provides a way to schedule and manage backups for cloud servers.

Rackspace Backup review by User

"Rackspace Backup Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Simple and efficient. Works great.

What do you dislike?

I have been using it for less than a year. Haven’t had any issues.

The logistics of the business are eqsier to control with the platform.

Rackspace Backup review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Premium cloud backup service"

What do you like best?

Extremely satisfied with the service and level of competency. Their support is swift and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet. We've been happy so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avail yourself of their technical resources prior to choosing this solution. They are available with best practices.

Requiring redundancy for hosted sites.

Rackspace Backup review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Peace of mind with Rackspace backups!"

What do you like best?

Been using Rackup as a dedicated server and for inbox service. The ease of access across multiple platforms helps a lot!

What do you dislike?

Some of the support staff seem to be clueless which gets annoying if there was any issue. Did not really any anything extremely bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably train support staff little more.

Been using this for Pop3, WebMail, SMTP services and they supports multiple platforms and devices.

Rackspace Backup review by User

"Rackspace Backup Expert"

What do you like best?

Being able to backup data and applications remotely

What do you dislike?

Connection errors causing a delay in being able to access files and data

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Files being saved securely. Employees and management feel safe using Rackspace Backup

Rackspace Backup review by User in Public Policy
User in Public Policy

"https://www.g2crowd.com/products/rackspace-backup/take_survey"

What do you like best?

Kiváló minden jót mutat lehet sokat tanulni belőle kíváló minőségi...................

What do you dislike?

minden tetcik nincs prólémám semmi vel........

Recommendations to others considering the product

igen ajálani tudom másoknak is...

hogy fejlesztés csináljunk jó minden nekem bevált..........................

Rackspace Backup review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"This backup system works amazing."

What do you like best?

How efficient it is. We hardly ever have any problems with it

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all otherwise i would switch.

If anyones hard drive fails and we cannot retrieve, our back up system helps.

Learning about Rackspace Backup?

* We monitor all Rackspace Backup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.