Rackspace CDN

Accelerate your websites, web applications, and media delivery

Work for Rackspace CDN?

Learning about Rackspace CDN?

Rackspace CDN Reviews

Showing 12 Rackspace CDN reviews
Rackspace CDN review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use, but some headaches involved"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface that allows you to view all your containers and files as well as grab links for the files you want.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to move or rename a container. This is very annoying because I may need to rename a container to a different names after it has already been created. I also wish they had an application that my employees could use to browse the CDN and upload files from their desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We purchased the CDN because we were already a Rackspace customer, so I haven't seen other options available today. I would recommend evaluating your options before purchasing a CDN.

We use the CDN to store large files to send to our clients, such as video trainings. We also use the CDN to upload files such as picture and icons used to embed in our support knowledgebase.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rackspace CDN
Rackspace CDN review by Christiaan K.
Christiaan K.

"Reliable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Their REST API is easy to use and implement. In the years they've dropped charging for several type of API calls which has made the service a bit cheaper. Storage prices are cheap.

What do you dislike?

Back when I was still using it was not possible to delete a container that had files/objects in them. There was also no way to organize your files in directories. Instead, you had to name your files something like "my directory/file.txt" and use that to resolve directory structure. This also made it harder to list only a small set of files inside a directory. Maybe this has changed now.

While storage pricing was cheap I did not like the costs for data transferring.

I've worked with Rackspace Cloud Files (and before that Mosso Cloud Files) for a while and mainly used them as a backup service. I've written a module in BlitzMax which uses their REST API and with that module I wrote a little GUI app that lets you synchronize a folder on your desktop with your Cloud Files account. I've also maintained the Perl module to interface with Rackspace Cloud Files.

What Content Delivery Network (CDN) solution do you use?

Rackspace CDN review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Great Support and Fast Setup"

What do you like best?

First off if you need to talk to someone the support team is amazing. I live in San Antonio and have visited the Headquarters several times and the people are just as great in person. Super fast provisioning without having to talk to someone. The provided SDKs helped us speed up multiple integration's to Rackspace. We have several servers running PHP, Java, and .NET and where able to get them all setup using the provided SDKs with in about 1 week.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything bad to say. They are a great company and the CDN services work great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are unsure about rackspace I would recommend giving them a call. The support team will be able to put you at ease with answers to all of your concerns and questions. I can't express how amazing they are.

We needed rapid access to large data videos, pictures, and other media. Rackspace helped us achieve this in a smooth and seamless way. The speed of our page loads has increased drastically and has improved user satisfaction. It has also lowered case calls on slow load times and buffer issues in our videos. So not only are the users more satisfied but our support team is pleased to not have to answer as many questions from users. We have plans of increasing our use across multiple other sites that we maintain in the near future. The cost was easily covered by user retention in a more reliable platform.

Rackspace CDN review by Danielle Q.
Danielle Q.

"So much faster"

What do you like best?

The information it delivers back to me. It's not just the fact that it does the work, but it also lets me know where things are being optimized and gives me a better idea of what I need to get done.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it glitches a bit. Not sure if it's just a personal problem on my end, or something with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a CDN, Rackspace would be the way to go. They've done a lot of work already in other areas, and constantly improve. I imagine they'd do the same with the CDN. And the support is phenomenal.

Trying to get the website to run smoothly. Got a lot of different bits on the site (videos, images, etc) and my users need to be able to get it quickly

Rackspace CDN review by Anthony d.
Anthony d.

"Great cloud computing platform"

What do you like best?

I didn't work with rackspace too much, but the few clients I worked with them on were both of very varying sizes, and I liked that I got the same level of support for both clients. I always had an onboarding engineer who was there to help guide the client and I through the process.

What do you dislike?

Since I was doing everything form a consultant point of view I wasn't too hands on in the technical side so I can't say 100% that I know how everything worked, but I didn't hear any complaints from my client so I am of the opinion that there are no long standing issues in terms of performance with rackspace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rackspace shines in its expertise and its support that they provide. Their advisers seem to be specialized in the area that they work in and know all the answers. You're not talking to 1 person the entire time, you have certain advisers for different things. This can sometimes be a headache trying to track down the right person but its ultimately a better business model that makes issues disappear faster, I'm a huge fan.

Rackspace CDN review by Dev B.
Dev B.

"Good Enough for now"

What do you like best?

If your using RackSpace for hosting, there solution is just a flip of the switch

What do you dislike?

expensive and in order for you to customize it, you need a level of expertise

server up static page like JS, CSS and html, to reduce server load and page time

Rackspace CDN review by William O.
William O.

"Fast and reliable CDN"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to set up, had no issues when using it. Great support, they're always there when you need it. The dashboard meets your needs, have everything you need in place. The logging is also really good.

What do you dislike?

It's a little more expensive in South America, which is the place I had to use it most. They could do more research on local currencies depending on the continent and see that the resources are more limited depending on the place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rackspace is a known brand and they deliver what you expect from them. I would certainly use it again.

I needed to distribute static files to an open source project with over 2 thousands users/h. It was very effective, and I have no complaints.

Rackspace CDN review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Simple experience"

What do you like best?

Rackspace's partnership with Akamai is reassuring. Third-party tools have been helpful in managing our CDN. Good competitive pricing too.

What do you dislike?

Not much. We use both AWS and Rackspace and I have found better documentation and community troubleshooting around AWS.

We serve static web assets (css, js, etc) on the CDN. We also use our cdn to distribute authorized static content to clients using signed urls (though I don't believe we have tried to do this via Rackspace yet).

Rackspace CDN review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Rackspace Managed Cloud Review"

What do you like best?

The cloud computing as we know it has change for the better.

Since they becoming a public company, the support also improved tremendously. This is great as Rackspace support is already at number one best in the country.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike at that moment, everything looks to be in order when we worked with Rackspace

Recommendations to others considering the product

They understood the technology and with fantastic support you will develop rapport with Rackspace tech guys that advised well beyond the scope of customer service.

I have helped a company to move their SMTP servers with Rackspace. Everything worked as expected from the first day we deploy the service.

Rackspace CDN review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

I think overall the product and service is great. The uptime of the service has been excellent and we have had 100% uptime so far.

What do you dislike?

I think overall the product and service is great. There is not much really to complain about.

We have large amount of data that gets uploaded everyday to the system. The CDN allows us to scale seamlessly.

Rackspace CDN review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Does a good job, inexpensive"

What do you like best?

Does what we needed it to do, not very pricey

What do you dislike?

Not as cheap as AWS. It's hard to beat AWS for price

Serves assets over CDN

Rackspace CDN review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Great customer service, great product"

What do you like best?

Amazing customer service, always quick to respond. Haven't had any trouble with uptime. Load times are lightning quick.

What do you dislike?

Customization/flexibility can be a bit tough. Ensure the platform is the best fit long term before moving forward.

Able to distribute content globally & reduce server operating costs

Learning about Rackspace CDN?

* We monitor all Rackspace CDN reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.