Rackspace Managed Hosting

4.0

Dedicated People Managing Your Hosted Environment. At Rackspace Hosting, we have been building and supporting managed hosting solutions since 1998.

Work for Rackspace Managed Hosting?

Learning about Rackspace?

Rackspace Managed Hosting Reviews

Ask Rackspace a Question
Showing 36 Rackspace reviews
Rackspace review by Dyan T.
Dyan T.

"Efficiency beyond Expectation"

What do you like best?

I like it being simple and easy to access. It's user-friendly interface helps the new users. The simplicity is undeniably helpful. Plus the Calendar that syncs with my schedule. All my contacts are saved in one place. It's like having your personalized work platform in one place. Highly recommend this.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't see any problems when I use this, nor look for a feature they don't have. Basically everything you need for is here. One thing that I dislike would be their support team. When you ask for help on something they get back at you after more than 24 hours. Wish there could be an online support that could easily help upfront.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this specially for micro startup Business owners. Organizing work and schedule has never been this easy Thanks to Rackspace.

File Sharing. Using Rackspace this helped us a lot when it comes to file sharing and even sending the files to customers. Usually when a client/customer don't have a shared dropbox accessing from Rackspace is easy and can be used anytime.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rackspace Managed Hosting
Rackspace review by User

"Happy with Rackspace"

What do you like best?

Rackspace has been a very reliable service and easy to work with. I am easily able to sign into their webmail services when I travel. I don't think I have every had any issues with their service not working.

What do you dislike?

I am pretty happy using Rackspace. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to put a check mark beside an email so I know it has been dealt with. Since this option is not available I forward Rackspace to another email application that allows me to do this so I can keep all my tasks in order. I would prefer to do work right from webmail all the time but am not able to do so for this reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Besides not being able to check mark completed tasks I am very happy with this product.

I have my Rackspace forwarded to another email application that I work on every day however when I travel I can’t always bring my computer with me. I am still able to easily access my Rackspace webmail to check messages and deal with urgent matters when I am traveling or have stepped out for a few hours which is extremely helpful.

What Managed Hosting solution do you use?

Rackspace review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Managed Hosting keeps you pain free!"

What do you like best?

Rackspace managed hosting is really great! By paying a little bit every month, the Rackspace team is available to Monitor the cloud servers all the time. In case we need any help with the configuration or installation of any service on Rackspace account, we can immediately contact Rackspace managed hosting team and they are available to resolve the issue.

I would suggest to buy the managed hosting service with your account so that your server is always updated and running with latest services.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything to mention here as with Managed hosting services, the server is always working fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. It would be great to always have the managed hosting when you are going host anything. You can easily manage your servers with Rackspace. Rackspace is the best company I have found so far. I would recommend to o for it to help with your Business problems.

We have been hosting our websites and want to keep them always secure and updated. Rackspace has helped a lot with security as it has secure Ports and Firewalls configured. Also providing services to our clients has been easier with Rackspace.

Rackspace review by Debbie d.
Debbie d.

" Microsoft Exchange email and IMAP email "

What do you like best?

We use Rackspace to host both our Exchange email and IMAP email. We rarely encounter any outages or problems. Support is always fast to respond and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

They have currently changed their billing practices. Once you get billed that is your minimum payment even if you downgrade. This is new so I will have to see if it effects us because we rarely downgrade our plans.

We are now using Exchange for most employees. It allows them to manage their email from any device.

Rackspace review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"A hosting managed by Real People"

What do you like best?

Rackspace cloud hosting has helped us managing a number of websites. We host websites using Rackspace server and have been extremely pleased with their services.

Rackspace provides great support and services to us. We can configure various third-party scripts on the server and can manage the files via their secure access. Deploying websites is easier on Rackspace. We also use third-party tools like GitHub to deploy files automatically to Rackspace cloud.

Rackspace also provides add on services including some of these:

-> Cloud based monitoring

-> CDN Servers

-> File level and Image backup solutions

-> Auto backup schedule options

-> managed hosting support

-> control panel to manage hosting

-> SSH root user logins

etc.

What do you dislike?

Load balancing and auto-scalability features need some improvement. The option is not manageable directly with the customers and have to contact support people to make it done. Also the feature is not fully automated as of now. So this can be worked upon. Most other thongs work great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rackspace hosting can be used by the IT companies who host the websites for their clients or for their internal products. Rackspace is little bit expensive but have a lot of value with its packages.

We are satisfied using Rackspace products.

We host the websites of our clients on the Rackspace cloud servers. We also host our internal product websites. We have noticed following benefits:

1. Less expensive

2. Great support

3. good up-time on the servers

Rackspace review by Joel A.
Joel A.

"Good way to manage and keep safe your emails"

What do you like best?

I like how easy is to use the portal, i'm totally satisfied.

What do you dislike?

hmmm maybe for the search option could be improved but not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

would be better if you could improve the maximum days to search emails, actually we have avail up to 13 days to a previous date. at least would be better to search and see up to 30-60 days before.

users can easily check if an email was catched and held as an spam and they can release it.

Rackspace review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Rackspace has been a solid hosting provider"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the platform and the ability to spin up new servers and storage

What do you dislike?

Understanding the product offerings is a little confusing, however, it is a lot easier to understand than Azure or AWS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reliable, support works with you when you pickup the phone and doesn't just blow you off. Very good customer for the setup and walkaway type in implementation

Hosting our production server at a provider gives us the ability to add resources and scale up easily

Rackspace review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"A web designer/developer's best friend."

What do you like best?

I love their amazing 24/7 phone or web chat support. I've lost count of the amount of times their quick, straight forward insight has saved me from disaster over the course of the past 5 years. I like the white label developer friendly tools and resources available to deploy projects for my clients efficiently as well as professionally.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could adjust my Cloud Sites account to allow for additional storage space. When I started my Cloud Sites account there were features such as client billing and sub account functionality that they have scaled back. I would like to see Cloud Sites better integrated with their other cloud services, with ability to seamlessly add functionality to my already existing hosting environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are cheaper options out their but you get what you pay for, in this case you get first class support and white label hosting environment that your clients will appreciate.

Provide reliable, scalable hosted domain and email services to my clients at a reasonable expense. Previously I utilized shared hosting solutions that left me on my own as far as maintenance and optimization. A benefit of managed hosting is that I can focus on what I do best to deliver exceptional value to my clients.

Rackspace review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"Strongly recommend"

What do you like best?

I'm able to seamlessly connect my dedicated hosting environment to my cloud servers securely.

They have great service without breaking the bank.

I've been with Rackspace for 8 years now and they have been a great vendor for us.

What do you dislike?

When you submit a ticket they can be slow sometimes, but if you need the immediate help then you just need to call them. Also make sure your account manager set up a proper escalation path and gives you a proper tour of the dashboard. There are so many things you can do there but it can be overwhelming at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would also look at their cloud services and if you need both cloud and dedicated solutions look into their rack connect. This allows you to connect the two securely and seamlessly. Another way to look at it is the ability to bring a part of the cloud into your dedicated hosting. I have not found many vendors who truly have a cloud environment that can be behind firewalls and what not.

We are a SAAS company so we use them for productions servers, backup servers (in a different data center), development environments and deploying solutions for clients into their own environments.

Rackspace review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Haven't had any downtime since we switched"

What do you like best?

We switch to rackspace about a year ago due to issues with our previous hosting provider. The reliability with Rackspace has been great. Our SaaS has not gone down since the switch to Rackspace. We are happy, and our customers are happy!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike if your service is reliable and your business counts on it. The price we had to pay to move over was quite more than our previous provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their engineers to put together a system that will work for your business.

Switching to Rackspace solved many instances of downtime that we encountered with our previous host. Even seconds of downtime from our previous host could cause chaos for our clients. Rackspace put together a migration plan and a new infrastructure before our switch. Once we moved over, when our peak-times came and gone, we realized it was the right move to make.

Rackspace review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Good hosting and 24/7 tech help"

What do you like best?

Best is the 24/7 help via domestic associates that help is very useful when dealing with an IT issue

What do you dislike?

Dont like that you need to be an admin to coordinate. Need to get admins on the phone to speak with support, somewhat cumbersome

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the right admins on the account to handle the inept employees at a moments notice as it will inevitably happen

helped migrate all hosting services to new cloud based

Rackspace review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Issues w/ Credit Card Fraud"

What do you like best?

Their servers are powerful, and the scalability is great! We honestly would have stuck with them had we not had issues with them regarding fraudulent charges on our credit card.

What do you dislike?

We had several issues with fraudulent charges on our credit card while using RackSpace. Based on timing of the fraudulent charges in relation to when RackSpace was charging our card, we had a hunch it was related to their billing system. To test it, we got a new credit card and only used the card to cover our RackSpace billing. Sure enough, within an hour or two of the RackSpace charge, we had a fraudulent charge on our card.

To make matters worse, RackSpace could have cared less when we called them about it. They simply stated there was no way that could be true, even though I had completely isolated the issue to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure they have overcome the billing security issue by now, but be careful. As long as there is no issue will billing, their hosted servers are a great resource. We may still end up going back to them when we are in need of managed servers, rather than self-managed.

Great server performance, but not worth the fraud issues from unsecure billing.

Rackspace review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"More a partner than a vendor"

What do you like best?

We've used Rackspace Managed hosting for 5 years. Over the time they've developed their product and worked in close partnership with us to help us meet our clients needs.

Their support has been by far the best we've ever experienced, and our business development consultant has been available non stop, bringing in technical resources and being in front of our needs all the time.

What do you dislike?

While I can understand that a big company like that needs to segregate their roles, I'd prefer if they rolled our account manager and business development consultant into one. It'd save us some time. It's not really a dislike though, as both are extremely competent and responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Establish a good relationship with your Business development consultant, he is worth his weight in gold. Also ensure that you avail yourself of their technical expertise. They can help you architect and with best practices.

We host client sites. Rackspace has helped us integrate various hosting solutions such as dedicated hosting, Microsoft Azure and shared hosting, moved it all into one roof with a single point of contact and competitive prices. Especially our Microsoft Azure solution has benefited from Rackspaces fanatic support.

Rackspace review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Quality Managed Hosting and Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

With Managed Hosting, Rackspace gives you a dedicated account representative to help answer questions and troubleshoot your hosting environment. They have proved to be very helpful on several occasions.

What do you dislike?

Rackspace Managed Hosting can be very expensive compared to other vendors, but you definitely get value for what you pay for in terms of customer support.

By switching to Managed Hosting instead of Rackspace Open Cloud, we can rely on quick support from someone at Rackspace any time of day, for all kinds of needs. They also help to educate our team to better understand the infrastructure they are providing to our client.

Rackspace review by Danielle Q.
Danielle Q.

"It's a little lacking, but it works."

What do you like best?

At the moment the most enjoyable aspect for me would be the email, simply because it integrates well with outlook, and it's safe and secure.

What do you dislike?

It's a little dated. Somewhat old-time UI. The interface leaves much to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something different, small, secure, with good support, this is the way to go.

Not solving any problems. We simply do business email but what I have noticed is it does not have as much space as other mainstream emails

Rackspace review by Chris J.
Chris J.

"Rackspace Cloud"

What do you like best?

Rackspace's fanatical support is amazing! Having a full support team at my disposal is well worth the additional cost. Support is available 24/7 and there is always a knowledgeable support member on hand. They have a clear escalation plan. Even when I call about a service that isn't supported they'll still try to help and give recommendations. Their network is very strong. Outages very rarely occur, and when they do they are resolved quickly.

What do you dislike?

Rackspace's cost is very high compared to competitors. On the rare occasion that there is a service disruption, communication on the issue could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fanatical Support is well worth the additional money

Web hosting - easy setup, quick support.

Rackspace review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"Awesome Hosting Provider"

What do you like best?

Their Fanatical Tech Support!!

In over five years with Rackspace, I have NEVER been dissatisfied with Rackspace Tech Support. They are always fast, knowledgeable, and friendly. We have cut our downtime to almost nothing, while increasing our speed and scalability. Recently, we began offering the Rackspace CDN to our clients, extending our service even further.

We also like that Rackspace is open to our suggestions and regularly sends out "how are we doing" surveys and requests for things we would like to see or change. We appreciate that our opinion matters to them and that they consider OUR best interest as well as their own.

What do you dislike?

The Rackspace Partner Program has service level requirements that are sometimes hard to meet. We used to resell Exchange, JungleDisk, CloudSites and Managed Servers, but some services were not added to our reseller account totals and didn't count. When the required levels came out, we couldn't keep up and had to drop our Partner Account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! No one else compares with Rackspace.

We host hundreds of websites for our clients. Our reputation is on the line with every recommendation. We can't afford to have a site down. We trust Rackspace because they provide a quality product and expert service that goes above and beyond expectations.

Rackspace review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"The mighty giant isn't as nimble as they used to be"

What do you like best?

Rackspace is definitely one of the top hosting providers. They have good customer service and it's easy to call, online chat, or email. The price is pretty good and scaling ability is ok.

What do you dislike?

They were innovative for awhile, but now they aren't. Numerous times our site has gone down when we've had an influx of traffic. It was my understanding that they could instantly scale, but every time we've had to scale to handle traffic we've had to take down the site to adjust the server size. Every time I get on the phone with their tech, it's always a different tech with a different philosophy of how to fix the issue. It's difficult to get the same answer from tech to tech.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're on the Magento platform and there are a lot of easy integration between the two companies. However, scaling is a problem. Plus, Magento Enterprise requires a new license every time we have to add a server, so it can be quite costly if you go in that direction.

Rackspace review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"Great Email"

What do you like best?

Rackspace provides us with rock solid email and their support on things like migrations has been spotless.

What do you dislike?

I would like more personalized support, IE a single contact. Not that the team based approach isn't working, just my opinion

We resellers, so being able to recommend an excellent product doesn't hurt at all.

Rackspace review by Dev B.
Dev B.

"Awesome Service"

What do you like best?

Quick Response

Live People

No Queue

great communications

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the other person on the phone is not the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a service that allow you to set it and forget it, you found the right company.

And if something goes wrong, you have an army backing you up.

Hosting our web servers and database in a location that secure.

Rackspace review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Basic functions are OK"

What do you like best?

fairly stable/reliable, can restore deleted emails in case something got deleted on accident (has saved us a few times).

What do you dislike?

not too many options in the web interface, we have a very basic package for IMAP only though, so I can't expect Exchange level options on it. I do have some issues with Outlook syncing from time to time.

Email tracking and out of office notices are easy.

Rackspace review by Erik B.
Erik B.

"Not what they used to be"

What do you like best?

I like that many times the support is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Rackspace has gone down hill. 2 times I have had issues calling in for support, where there is no telephone connection. 2 times I have been unable to login to my portal. There are issues now where I am told "sorry we don't support that" and then I have to call back and talk to a new person until someone will actually help me. When I last upgraded the team was more interested in making the sale than meeting my needs, I was unable to move my DNS and as a result I had to maintain 2 servers for a year, doubling my costs. I pay a premium to have the best and I don't think that I am getting what I pay for anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look for a provider that has 24/7 support, good reviews, a sales team that will evaluate your need and give you good advice. At about 2/3 the cost of Rackspace.

I have been a Rackspace customer for over 10 years with multiple accounts with them and you need to trust me that this company's service is declining. I complete their surveys and give feedback and it is not improving.

I am using Plesk, they no longer resell Plesk, but the cost of the server is the same, so you have to buy Plesk for an additional $420 per year, so factor that into your calculation.

Rackspace review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good product and great service."

What do you like best?

I think for us it was important that we have a good customer service. We have worked with several hosting providers in the past and RackSpace has exceeded our expectations for customer service. I was pleasantly surprised with the knowledge, professionalism and passion of RackSpace engineers.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. We have had a good experience overall.

We have had a significant improvement in our network and system uptime since we switched to RackSpace.

Rackspace review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Outstanding Customer Service for A Tech Novice"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the really stellar customer service.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. They've responded so well to my issues that I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as I'm concerned, the service can't be beat.

I am not very tech savvy, so I very much appreciate the service I've received from Rackspace. We rely on our server to maintain many domains and can't really tolerate outages, which Rackspace has been great with. The support has also helped me get to the bottom of other IT issues.

Rackspace review by User

"Not reliable"

What do you like best?

We have used their web based email and it goes down or functions fail - just today it could not search for emails from a sender

What do you dislike?

See above - reliability and functions dropping

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check alternatives

Was supposed to provide email when out of office

Rackspace review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Independent consultant"

What do you like best?

Quality of personal service and cloud delivery. High level of service level communication.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat expensive but one gets what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Delivery of a full dropbox type service coupled to Apple devices

Reducing Capex and IT costs, improving agility of new projects

Rackspace review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Rackspace use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and speed of spinning it up.

What do you dislike?

Cost of servers and database rental. It would be better if there were more robust pricing options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great way to rent space for a short period of time. I'd recommend it for a quick spin up of a database or hosted server.

Rackspace review by Subhashini G.
Subhashini G.

"Quick and easy access"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup and works seamlessly

What do you dislike?

Have not worked a lot on it to dislike it

Transfer of information that is easy to access

Rackspace review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Rackspace Managed Hosting"

What do you like best?

Rackspace's customer service and technical support

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Rackspace managed hosting servers goes down

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need hosting? Rackspace provides great server hosting, with little downtime.

The business problems we are solving is having Rackspace host our website. The benefits we have realized are cloud storage.

Rackspace review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Solid Hosting"

What do you like best?

Solid hosting that has been reliable and is a decent price.

What do you dislike?

Not many cons. We did have some configurations issues at the initial set-up.

Our web hosting is now done off site which is one less thing to manage.

Rackspace review by User in Internet

"Fast Infra "

What do you like best?

ability to get infra faster, customer service and flexiblity with various stacks

What do you dislike?

lower sme on various stacks ratio. lack of detailed documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good if you need something quick but less hand holding is provided

host services on public clouds

Rackspace review by User in Computer Software

"Advanced"

What do you like best?

It offers a lot of possibilities to someone who knows what they're doing

What do you dislike?

It requires a lot of knowledge for setting everything being setup from scratch when using the full package

n/a

Rackspace review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Reliable, easy to use and great support"

What do you like best?

Interacted with Rackspace in a 3rd party consultant way as clients used them for email and web site hosting. The people at Rackspace were fast and responsive, and integration and connectivity with them was very easy. Shared clients loved them.

What do you dislike?

For smaller companies, there are cheaper alternatives to hosting or email, still Rackspace is certainly competitive in their field. It would be nice if they offered packages for people who subscribed to multiple services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to get too fancy in your options and want a solid, reliable service with excellent customer service it's hard to go wrong with Rackspace.

Rackspace review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"Great, reliable host"

What do you like best?

I have been using Rackspace hosting for some Sharepoint sites for a long time now--we are in the process of spec'ing out the transfer of our website to the managed hosting platform and as I research, I am very impressed with the feature sets they have to offer and the abilities. At my last company we used RackSpace managed hosting to run several sites. The performance is great, tools are excellent and support is really good.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little steep, although you get what you pay for & the cost of hosting it in a co-lo on my own server is likely more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the reviews on several sites, you don't see many people having anything bad to say.

Rackspace review by User in Computer Software

"Extremely Stable Hosting"

What do you like best?

Rackspace has hosting down to a science and you will agree once you start to use them. Lack of downtime (and the one downtime I experienced was promptly resolved, and a root cause analysis was provided).

What do you dislike?

n/a

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rackspace isa a great contender for both reliability and price, I highly recommend you take a look!

Rackspace review by Arthur C.
Arthur C.

"Top-tier Managed Hosting"

What do you like best?

Worked with Rackspace a few years ago, but the were high-touch service and very easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A top-tier provider and high recommendation.

Learning about Rackspace Managed Hosting?

* We monitor all Rackspace Managed Hosting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.