Rackspace Managed Hosting

Dedicated People Managing Your Hosted Environment. At Rackspace Hosting, we have been building and supporting managed hosting solutions since 1998.

Work for Rackspace Managed Hosting?
Ibm bluemix infrastructure 2x

Learning about Rackspace?

Rackspace Managed Hosting Reviews

Ask Rackspace a Question
Showing 34 Rackspace reviews
Rackspace review by User

Happy with Rackspace

What do you like best?

Rackspace has been a very reliable service and easy to work with. I am easily able to sign into their webmail services when I travel. I don't think I have every had any issues with their service not working.

What do you dislike?

I am pretty happy using Rackspace. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to put a check mark beside an email so I know it has been dealt with. Since this option is not available I forward Rackspace to another email application that allows me to do this so I can keep all my tasks in order. I would prefer to do work right from webmail all the time but am not able to do so for this reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Besides not being able to check mark completed tasks I am very happy with this product.

I have my Rackspace forwarded to another email application that I work on every day however when I travel I can’t always bring my computer with me. I am still able to easily access my Rackspace webmail to check messages and deal with urgent matters when I am traveling or have stepped out for a few hours which is extremely helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rackspace Managed Hosting
Rackspace review by <span>Steve S.</span>
Steve S.

Managed Hosting keeps you pain free!

What do you like best?

Rackspace managed hosting is really great! By paying a little bit every month, the Rackspace team is available to Monitor the cloud servers all the time. In case we need any help with the configuration or installation of any service on Rackspace account, we can immediately contact Rackspace managed hosting team and they are available to resolve the issue.

I would suggest to buy the managed hosting service with your account so that your server is always updated and running with latest services.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything to mention here as with Managed hosting services, the server is always working fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. It would be great to always have the managed hosting when you are going host anything. You can easily manage your servers with Rackspace. Rackspace is the best company I have found so far. I would recommend to o for it to help with your Business problems.

We have been hosting our websites and want to keep them always secure and updated. Rackspace has helped a lot with security as it has secure Ports and Firewalls configured. Also providing services to our clients has been easier with Rackspace.

What Managed Hosting solution do you use?

Rackspace review by <span>Debbie d.</span>
Debbie d.

Microsoft Exchange email and IMAP email

What do you like best?

We use Rackspace to host both our Exchange email and IMAP email. We rarely encounter any outages or problems. Support is always fast to respond and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

They have currently changed their billing practices. Once you get billed that is your minimum payment even if you downgrade. This is new so I will have to see if it effects us because we rarely downgrade our plans.

We are now using Exchange for most employees. It allows them to manage their email from any device.

Rackspace review by <span>Nicole P.</span>
Nicole P.

A hosting managed by Real People

What do you like best?

Rackspace cloud hosting has helped us managing a number of websites. We host websites using Rackspace server and have been extremely pleased with their services.

Rackspace provides great support and services to us. We can configure various third-party scripts on the server and can manage the files via their secure access. Deploying websites is easier on Rackspace. We also use third-party tools like GitHub to deploy files automatically to Rackspace cloud.

Rackspace also provides add on services including some of these:

-> Cloud based monitoring

-> CDN Servers

-> File level and Image backup solutions

-> Auto backup schedule options

-> managed hosting support

-> control panel to manage hosting

-> SSH root user logins

etc.

What do you dislike?

Load balancing and auto-scalability features need some improvement. The option is not manageable directly with the customers and have to contact support people to make it done. Also the feature is not fully automated as of now. So this can be worked upon. Most other thongs work great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rackspace hosting can be used by the IT companies who host the websites for their clients or for their internal products. Rackspace is little bit expensive but have a lot of value with its packages.

We are satisfied using Rackspace products.

We host the websites of our clients on the Rackspace cloud servers. We also host our internal product websites. We have noticed following benefits:

1. Less expensive

2. Great support

3. good up-time on the servers

Rackspace review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

Rackspace has been a solid hosting provider

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the platform and the ability to spin up new servers and storage

What do you dislike?

Understanding the product offerings is a little confusing, however, it is a lot easier to understand than Azure or AWS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reliable, support works with you when you pickup the phone and doesn't just blow you off. Very good customer for the setup and walkaway type in implementation

Hosting our production server at a provider gives us the ability to add resources and scale up easily

Rackspace review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.

A web designer/developer's best friend.

What do you like best?

I love their amazing 24/7 phone or web chat support. I've lost count of the amount of times their quick, straight forward insight has saved me from disaster over the course of the past 5 years. I like the white label developer friendly tools and resources available to deploy projects for my clients efficiently as well as professionally.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could adjust my Cloud Sites account to allow for additional storage space. When I started my Cloud Sites account there were features such as client billing and sub account functionality that they have scaled back. I would like to see Cloud Sites better integrated with their other cloud services, with ability to seamlessly add functionality to my already existing hosting environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are cheaper options out their but you get what you pay for, in this case you get first class support and white label hosting environment that your clients will appreciate.

Provide reliable, scalable hosted domain and email services to my clients at a reasonable expense. Previously I utilized shared hosting solutions that left me on my own as far as maintenance and optimization. A benefit of managed hosting is that I can focus on what I do best to deliver exceptional value to my clients.

Learning about Rackspace Managed Hosting?

* We monitor all Rackspace Managed Hosting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.