Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Rackspace Managed Services

(13 reviews)

Rackspace is a provider of IT as a service, which delivers certified expertise and integrated managed services across public and private clouds, managed hosting and enterprise applications.

Work for Rackspace Managed Services?

Learning about Rackspace Managed Services?

Rackspace Managed Services Reviews

Showing 13 Rackspace Managed Services reviews
Rackspace Managed Services review by John W.
John W.

"A quality hosting with good technical support"

What do you like best?

Their support team is just a phone call away, with a security layer when you call with a secret question that only you would know makes their technical helpline one of the best that I know. They have many different service levels and products available to use, and you can pick and choose which ones you wish to subscribe to per month. Setting new products up and getting contracts written and signed is very easy to do, and they explain all about the service you are interested in purchasing so that you know all the pros and cons before you make a decision. They promise 99.9% uptime, add that to their monitoring service and this is certainly true to form.

What do you dislike?

They are slightly pricey so I think that their managed services offerings might be more aimed at business users. However their cloud services can be relatively cheap, but their servers might be out of the range of a normal end user. Their online portal could be confusing for some inexperienced people because it has many options and not all of them are intuitive to the layman.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth comparing this service with others out there, for an end user these can be quite pricey and I would suggest that these are more aimed at the business end of the market.

Rackspace has enabled our company to host its website and email inboxes allowing us to operate an online store catering to many cyclists and sports people.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rackspace Managed Services
Rackspace Managed Services review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"The Industry Benchmark for Managed Web Services"

What do you like best?

Quality, attentive service with very low wait times. Informative 'follow-up' ticketing system, and above and beyond customer service

What do you dislike?

Not the most inexpensive option. You get what you pay for though. Oftentimes reps speaks far above the heads of our users when attempting to problem-solve.

We have had cloud and dedicated hosting services with Rackspace for over 5 years and have never had any issues getting timely service. This allows us to have the maximum amount of "up" time for our customers who visit us through our online shopping cart. We have never had any issue that Rackspace hasn't been able to help us with. As a result we have never been "down" on our site for any longer than a few hours.

What Managed Services solution do you use?

Rackspace Managed Services review by Ayush M.
Ayush M.

"Good for Hosting"

What do you like best?

Rackspace is very good in Technical support but it is $500 per month. It is very easy to build a new server in Rackspace and we also can configure our requirements by itself.

What do you dislike?

The support is very expensive. Even the Technical support is only support which services they know. I give you one example, one of our clients need Postgres conf on the Rackspace servers, I conversate with the support but they told me, you can do by yourself if something wrong happens to your servers, only you are the responsible person for that particular server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very expansive, if you have good clients, then it is good otherwise it is average hosting service.

In my opinion, Rackspace is good for the large company, which has lots of website or customers. For the small business, I don't suggest Rackspace. Because this is very expensive.

Benefits of Rackspace is only Support and Server Locations.

Rackspace Managed Services review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Reliable and cost effective"

What do you like best?

- The affordability of the solution

- The reliability of the service. We've been using the service for a few years now and it's always worked well for us. Essentially set it and forget it.

- The email notifications alerting us to anything we need to look into

- The ease of which we could setup the email service without a technical resource.

What do you dislike?

We have yet to have an issue with the service so there are no improvements that I can mention at the time. The only time we need to check in when credit card details need to be updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a simple solution that next little effort to setup. Once setup it just gets out of the way and you never have to worry about it. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for this type of solution.

We are using Rackspace to manage email service for a client and we've been delighted with the ease of use and reliability.

Rackspace Managed Services review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"I use Rackspace as my primary email communication"

What do you like best?

I like how the filtering components of Rackspace allow preventing spam and malware from infiltrating my computer or phone when reviewing or sending emails.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I do not dislike about RMS. My wife and I have been members for over 10 years now with exceptional usage of our own email domain name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations at this time. Even IT Support is stellar with troubleshooting assistance.

We use RMS for corresponding with education professionals in secondary and post-secondary levels when it comes to the development of webinars for online training, keeping out malware and spyware when communicating confidential information whether it would be about students' grades and/or faculty/staff management for recruitment.

Rackspace Managed Services review by anthony p.
anthony p.

"Hosting done right"

What do you like best?

Simply not just a hosting site. There are many services that allows an MSP to utilize Rackspace for internal hosting of core infrastructure or customer hosted servers. The backup platform is very solid and the interface is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Integration with PSA platforms needs some thought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't believe there is a service that I wouldn't recommend

We are able to sell services to any size organization. Email and backup services are rock solid

"Managed Services"

What do you like best?

It works. Due to other considerations, we chose to go with another company but this definitely worked for our team and customers.

What do you dislike?

The pricing was a concern. We had other options that gave us the same level of service for a more pocket friendly price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a good company to use. We went a different route for financial reasons.

Using their services for AWS account management.

Rackspace Managed Services review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Fast Servers, Great Price"

What do you like best?

The prices were fairly competitive, and the servers were relatively fast. We had no issues with uptime.

What do you dislike?

I just wish they were more upfront with some of their pricing on their website. Some additional server locations would be nice to, but they've been pretty good about adding them.

We needed hosting for some more resource intensive gaming servers for a while, and they fit the bill.

Rackspace Managed Services review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Is adequate"

What do you like best?

It does what it is supposed to. Not the best looking site.

What do you dislike?

Old fashioned, could use a good update, some modernization.

Helping with Spam/Junk mail

"Reliable Email Service"

What do you like best?

For business purposes it's not buggy and gets the job done

What do you dislike?

As a gmail user for personal email I am not a lover of the overall look and feel. Layout appears very busy and takes a bit of hunting to find what you need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No complaints here. Rackspace gets the job done.

I personally have not needed managed services.

Rackspace Managed Services review by User

"Number 1 customer service"

What do you like best?

They are available 24/7 with call centers here in the US.

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive for public sector entities.

We are a public sector entity who cannot afford the staff to manage all of our own IT services.

Rackspace Managed Services review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"best hosting service"

What do you like best?

they have excellent customer support and are always really quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

They aren't as thorough when issues arise as I'd like

fully managed hosting services -

Rackspace Managed Services review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"It’s nice but bit outlook"

What do you like best?

The ease of adding it onto my phone email accounts

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t save contacts as easily as other systems, events are complicated to sync to phone.

Emails, thats it.

Learning about Rackspace Managed Services?

* We monitor all Rackspace Managed Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.