Radian6

Radian6

69 ratings
38 7.3 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Identify and analyze conversations about your company, products and competitors with the leading social media monitoring and engagement tools.

Radian6 Reviews (38 reviews)

• The results. Raidan6 is strong (very strong) and pulls in data from all areas of the web. Mentions, blogs - everything. Using Radian6 odds are you won't miss a thing.... Read More
    0 d5pusrvgogbxqaqo tfeszegez5lnanoffhxsmzgvulzwetet 2bij22krlvzdb62qo5co6pfsxs
    Desiree A.
    User in Telecommunications
  • Despite the easy-to-use interface, Radian6 lacks in all facets of the online listening space. They haven't really improved their system since I first reviewed them 3... Read More
    0 xuxlrhnu5gmn7mydqxznrw3vb3iq mmdqjwsrwr5zg0xyomseg7dvikwwwwihw73lzgrq2gqnvyj
    Daniel K.
Agency in Information Technology and Services - Radian6 Review Author
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Scoring.
Validated Review

Adequate tool, but it's been neglected. There are better solutions.

What do you like best?

I like that Radian is quick, easy to use (setting up topic profiles is pretty easy), and returns (30 days of) data quickly. This makes it well-suited to ad hoc searches--for example, if we land a meeting with a potential client and I want to do some research about them in the next two hours.

I find the data to be fairly robust.

I like the Excel add-in.

I also like some little detailed features--like the ability to easily compare volume of discussion around different topics over time.

The potential for Salesforce integration is appealing, but we have yet to use this.

What do you dislike?

As a super user, I have a few issues with Radian6. While many of these would be irrelevant to brand end users, I think they are big problems for agency users.

My number one pet peeve with Radian is the lack of deep Boolean search capability. When I bring this up to social media monitoring providers, they often assume I'm referring to building out search phrases (e.g. bring in data that contains "discovery" and not "mars rover"). Radian does do that. However, it doesn't allow you to dig through the data once it's in your account in an effective way. If I want to find a positive sentiment post from an author with more than 1 000 followers containing #Hashtag, I can't just put a string into a filter box and have it returned to me immediately. I really dislike the click-through mechanism for drilling down data, as I often know what I'm looking for and find it to be a waste of time. (This likely wouldn't bother a casual user as much.)

NLP sentiment isn't very useful, and the...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend checking out other tools before committing to Radian6. There are plenty of great startups out there who will provide a better, easier to use product and better service for a similar cost.

I use Radian6 for two purposes:

- Ad hoc research (e.g. new business proposals): It's ok for this due to the flexibility of being able to add topic profiles and pull data quickly and efficiently. Radian6 does make it difficult to quickly source quality insight, though, so research coming from this tool is often very high-level. I use the Excel add-in to perform the more detailed analysis that allows us to stand out from the competition.

- Ongoing brand tracking and analysis: It's also...ok for this. The benefit here is that once you have your dashboards set up, they are set up and you don't have to mess around with clicking through to filter down to what you need again. It's a decent tool for benchmarking and tracking campaigns, but, honestly, almost every other tool out there in 2015 is easier to use (if not actually better).

Radian6 well worth it for social media monitoring and influencer identification

What do you like best?

We depend on Radian6 for real-time social media and traditional media monitoring of an assortment of brand and industry keywords and topics. The ability to identify and react to threats and opportunities as presented through Radian6 is incredibly useful. Nothing falls through the cracks with Radian6, and we use it on an hourly basis to keep abreast of what the world is saying about our brand. There is so much "noise" out there when managing a brand's reputation, and Radian6 makes it possible to focus only on those voices and influencers that matter to your business.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to improve, which is why Radian6 has been recognized as an industry leader, but the widgets could be more intuitively named.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Radian6 is the industry leader for a reason. Well worth the investment.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Radian6 has been extremely valuable in identifying threats and opportunities for my company's brand in real-time. The ability to weed out insignificant mentions of key brand terms and focus on those mentions that are from critical influencers is so important for any PR or social media manager. Well worth the investment. By focusing on key influencers and media mentions, we have boosted our lead volume and mitigated negative threats to our reputation. Radian6 is a key tool in driving our business.

User in Online Media - Radian6 Review Author
Validated Review

An industry standard in social media monitoring

What do you like best?

Radian6 is one of the industry leaders when it comes to brand-level social media monitoring. You're able to set yourself with a wide variety of terms, and in a good # of social networks and other media outlets. Radian6 picks up most, if not all, of the chatter out there. It's also a rabbit hole in terms of data, segmentation and insights. You can get lost in the data for hours, especially as its interface is pretty slick for a social media monitoring tool.

What do you dislike?

A common knock against Radian6 is that it's not the tool you should use if you're looking to accurately gauge sentiment. I agree with this to an extent; if big data and/or sentiment measurement is a priority, I'll use more of an NLP-type of tool (e.g. Autonomy)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its integration with the Salesforce marketing cloud only helps. Radian6 is definitely worth a look if you're a marketer looking to collect and dissect data from SM channels about your brand or brands.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I have used Radian6 for brand-level monitoring in both the client- and agency-side roles. It's a great tool for data pulls and a deeper level of marcom analysis.

Validated Review

Comprehensive, simple-to-use, single-source for social media monitoring

What do you like best?

Simplicity and ease of use is the key to Radian6's media monitoring solution. It has tremendous power in its flexibility and ability to deliver clear representations of tons of data in easy to understand charts, graphs and dashboards.

What do you dislike?

It costs more than most competitors (but you get what you pay for).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You do get what you pay for.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I need to easily understand the effect my social media efforts are having on traffic from influencers and evangelists. I am able to see how specific achievements in my campaigns impact the interaction I am having as a company with my social media community. The results are easy to read and identify, allowing me to focus on the aspects of the campaign that actually have results and jettison the aspects that don't.

It is average

What do you like best?

I do think Radian6 is good for informing on social marketing strategies, quick fix for building anew business pitches and tracking conversation on the go.

What do you dislike?

I feel like social analytics and monitoring tools are as good as their user is familiar with the product and their ability to translate the information. Like many other tools out there, I do think the sentiment monitoring system is accurate. I think that sort of technology needs to be paid for to create strong consumer research.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on budget.

I have not used Radian6 in over a year so any current changes would not be applicable.

social monitoring

social analytics

new business pitch informant

Do you like gift cards?

Amazon 15 69a16135a8a89331fb4401ef8989bb62f6035c175b57816ccd664c30b04b95be

Write your first review today, and we’ll send you a $15 Amazon gift card as a thanks for your time and input.

Review Now

Tags

* We monitor all Radian6 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Radian6?