Rain Retail

3.9

Rain Retail is a web and cloud based POS software that allows you to track repairs, manage inventory, use text message marketing, and use social media to market your business.

Work for Rain Retail?

Learning about Rain Retail?

Rain Retail Reviews

Ask Rain Retail a Question
Showing 10 Rain Retail reviews
Rain Retail review by Kaitlin  S.
Kaitlin S.

"An overwhelming transition made approachable."

What do you like best?

It's very hard to say what I like best! While the system is amazing, the customer service that goes with it is phenomenal. I enjoyed having a direct contact person for any questions. Devere Wilkey was my "guide" through the process and my weekly training and transition calls with her made the process of upgrading to the system possible for me.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing about the process that I disliked.

Managing an inventory (fabric) that is very difficult to manage otherwise. I like to make kits, precuts, and samples and Rain Retail does all of the math for me. I also LOVE my new website and I did not think I would have a fully functioning and seamless online storefront within 6 months of opening my retail location.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rain Retail
Rain Retail review by Miles S.
Miles S.

"Still adding features but still way ahead of our previuos platforms "

What do you like best?

Integration - at a level that small businesses, like interdependent music stores, would not be able to achieve without RAIN.

I call it the "I should be in there" effect. When you ask a customer their name or phone number, and they say they've been here before - except that was a rental account, not a repair, or a sale, or a rent to own,or a lesson account, or a website purchase, layaway.... With RAIN all of those truly use one customer database!

What do you dislike?

As of now, mid 2018, there are some missing enhancements I would like to see. One example would be that layaway sold items are not reduced from your inventory until paid in full and picked up - a very addressable issue. You might refer to it as a very "1st world problem." Another missing ability is transferring serialized inventory pieces. Serials transfer but you are not prompted to select which serials of that item you are sending to the selected location. They have stated plans to add this ability eventually.

A primary concern for our business was tracking inventory levels at our two locations instead of constantly making voice calls while trying to help a customer or creating a reorder list.

RAIN provides you with a web store website that we find draws our local customers much better than a typical small business infosite website.

What Retail Management System solution do you use?

Rain Retail review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Good POS system for small business, but lacks some functionality outside retail"

What do you like best?

Cloud-based system with website and integrations such as Quickbooks make it easy to set up and start managing customers, loyalty, POs, calendar events. Also allows for email marketing which is a bonus not having to purchase from another vendor

What do you dislike?

Lacks some of the functionality that would allow the software to be used for restaurants. Also, as other reviews mention it lacks functionality around commission management and some of the employee management tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a simple POS system to help track sales, returns, inventory, ordering and loyalty it is a good solution. However, it is focused primarily on retail (not restaurants) and lacks a bit of functionality around commission management

Does a good job of managing customer loyalty, gift cards and providing simple email marketing abilities. Not using it for the inventory management capabilities

"Wonderful Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Every time I come across something that Im not sure of, I can call their customer service and they have an answer for me every time! Even when they are busy and I have to leave a message, they get back to me that same day.

What do you dislike?

They are a little smaller than some companies so for software updates that we are suggesting or program upgrades that we would like to see for our particular business it takes a little time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They make it super easy to to translate your POS to website inventory for those who are not sure how to do it themselves.

We are gaining the online exposure to outside markets we would normally not reach without our website we have through Rain Retail.

Rain Retail review by Manav S.
Manav S.

"Good to increase online sale"

What do you like best?

Software held to improve efficiency of inventory system. Up to date inventory count. Easy interface. It has bar code scanner as well. Many additional features like gift card management, discount management, electronic signature return management.

What do you dislike?

Disappointed with integration limitations. Unable to integrate email marketing. Email features are their but not useful as it could be

Managed online sale and keeping track of my inventory. Managing retail business.

Rain Retail review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Rain POS"

What do you like best?

This is a great product, it has lots of potential. They are bogged down right now by converting customers from another site they purchased.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service, owner of the company told me I was being difficult. This was after they missed the go live deadline for 5 months. Of course I was being difficult it's now been 4 times longer than you told me to finish this project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait a few more months at least to sign up with them.

I waited 7 months to go live and had been told 2.

Its great for integrating the Storefront and online POS System inventories, saves a lot of time. Once over the initial hurdles of setup it has been a better transition.

Rain Retail review by Daniel K.
Daniel K.

"Still new but improving quickly"

What do you like best?

Cloud based point of sale allows for so much flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Still features that are needed or are broken and need to be fixed.

We had major problems using a server and client setup. If the server had issues, all of our locations would be down. With Rain, the power can go out and you can keep going on your cell phone if you need to.

Rain Retail review by Administrator

"Nothing but praise for Rain!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Rain Retail for over two years and are super pleased with it. Rain provides us with our web site, POS, online store and inventory management all at the same time for one reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, Rain responds to questions usually within an hour!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Rain to anyone looking to change their web site and/or POS.

Having our web site and POS all in one lets everything run smoothly and since it's cloud based we're able to run our POS right from our charter dive boat.

"Great Software!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. Training was a simple procedure and I enjoy working with support

What do you dislike?

Some of the features that roll out tend to have some glitches but they fix it in a timely manner

Rain helps me manage my inventory. POS. and Website all in one.

Rain Retail review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Works well"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple interface, no issues

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it was difficult to show others how to use if they're not tech savvy

My company is trying to establish an interface with databases

Learning about Rain Retail?

* We monitor all Rain Retail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.