Rainforest QA

Rainforest QA

Rainforest's natural language testing and helpful features make testing easy.

Work for Rainforest QA?

Learning about Rainforest QA?

Compare Rainforest QA to Similar Solutions

Rainforest QA Reviews

Ask Rainforest QA a Question
Showing 28 Rainforest QA reviews
Rainforest QA review by <span>Matt E.</span>
Matt E.

Responsive and Thorough

What do you like best?

Tests are easy to create, come back quickly with comprehensive results. I can see exactly what the tester did to understand why they got their result. Customer service is super responsive and goes the extra mile to help me meet my goals. It's a much more enjoyable and efficient way to manage regression testing overall. I love that all my tests for all my projects are stored and executed from one place.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the competence of the testers is less than I desire, so that slows me down when I review their results, but it's still worth it. The interface could use some improvements but it's not too hard to learn and thankfully free of clutter. Rainforest is designed for dev shops and I work for an agency so I have to discover my own workarounds to make suit my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to invest some time learning how to write tests for the crowd because tuning the tests is so important. Rainforest will gladly help so use their support.

It's allowing me to get a lot more testing done with the same amount of work hours. It's doing hours more testing than I did before without taking any more of my time. Other non-QA team members can execute Rainforest tests at any time without depending on a QA person being available. It's also helping us offer testing as a service to more clients. Because it's not automation, I don't have to maintain a test automation framework and environment, which is also saving a lot of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rainforest QA
Rainforest QA review by <span>Paul M.</span>
Paul M.

Rainforest user for 2+ years

What do you like best?

It is easy to use the interface to create and dry-run regression tests. The ability to insert variables is very straight-forward and allows for some powerful testing scenarios without making it otherwise too complicated.

What do you dislike?

I would like for there to be a way to version-control the tests from within the software. I also wish there was a way to prevent specific tests from being run in parallel (multiple testers run the same tests in parallel to achieve a consensus on if the tests pass or not).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a significant amount of time required to "tune" the tests. Remember that the users running the tests do not know your software so there is a knack for spelling out the test instructions in a way that they can reliably follow it.

We use it to regression test our software releases. It saves many man-hours of testing for each release, and removes some of the burden for testing from the team.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

Rainforest QA review by <span>Taylor M.</span>
Taylor M.

Solid Platform

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the UI, the browser options available and the variables system. The amount of information on the tests being run is also valuable. Support and our account manager have always been a pleasure to interact with and I have always gotten timely responses.

What do you dislike?

Organization options are limited for the tests page. I would like more options for organizing folders. Also the tests results page has limited options for sorting or searching for specific sets of tests being run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be advised it is a great platform for regression tests, smoke tests, or tests that need to be repeated but can be rather time consuming to create tests as they need to be written out by hand essentially. Also the platform is not ideal for one-off tests for this reason.

My company removed our QA team, this is helpful in filling that gap. We were spending way too much time as an engineering team focused on testing the platform before each release. Rainforest has saved us a great deal of time and has caught issues on our staging servers prior to pushing out our release to production servers which has been a life saver on more than one occasion.

Rainforest QA review by <span>Brad W.</span>
Brad W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Manual web app testing via mechanical turk

What do you like best?

We have been using Rainforest for over 2 years. It is an affordable way to outsource the manual QA testing of short workflows in our web application. Also excellent support and communication with Rainforest staff, they bend over backwards to make sure you are happy.

What do you dislike?

There can often be false positives (meaning, a bug or exception is reported when the system is actually working) for some random reasons that have to do with the testers getting confused about the test directions. This problem gets worse for longer tests. Thus have to make the directions as simple and clear as possible. Keeping tests short can be a real challenge, because your test has to be entirely self-contained, so the tester has to do some setup within the test. Further complicating this is that multiple testers (e.g., 5) hit the same system at the same time, so whatever setup and changes that one tester does must not interfere with what another tester does. This can be figured out, but requires some special planning of the tests.

We wanted to have end-to-end manual tests of some key workflows that can be run on release candidate builds, before our weekly deploy to production. But did not want to pay for staff or other expensive outsourcing to run these tests. Rainforest QA solves this problem very well.

Rainforest QA review by <span>Luiz Fellipe C.</span>
Luiz Fellipe C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Easy way to get money online

What do you like best?

How easy and how fast it is to do their tasks. Also, I like to test sites and apps. I enjoy finding errors and helping them to make their products better. The more you work, the more you get tasks and the more you will get money. Also, if you do more than ten tasks in a single day, you will get an increase of 10% of your gains. If you do more than 100 tasks (which I never did and I don't know if it is possible), you will get an increase of 20%.

What do you dislike?

We have to use a virtual machine in order to do the tasks. Sometimes the machines are just too slow and it takes a lot of time to finish a single task. Also, I think that the price per step should be a little bit better. We get only four cents per step done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like working from your home and enjoy testing sites, apps and software, give Rainforest a try, you will like it!

Also, if you have a product that need to be tested, Rainforest is a great place to do it. You are going to have several people testing everything you need, without paying a high price to do it.

Helping developers to find and to see if their errors are corrected. I help, in a indirect way, to make their products better to everyone. It is a cheap way to get your products tested.

Rainforest QA review by <span>Morris C.</span>
Morris C.

Establish E2E UI Test Coverage Quickly

What do you like best?

Writing tests in Rainforest QA is super simple because it's done in plain english and does not require technical expertise, which makes it quick and easy for anyone to get started. The customer support provided through their website via intercom is very responsive 24 hours a day, and the CSMs are friendly and extremely responsive via email as well.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the manual testers can be a source of false positives and negatives due to a misunderstanding in the tests or simply not following the steps properly. However, with some recent changes they've made, this is a fairly uncommon occurrence.

We're a startup in a growth phase with limited engineering resources and needed to build up UI test coverage quickly while we were building our long-term automated testing framework. While we've completed that, Rainforest is still great for establishing test coverage while a feature is still new and in a constant state of flux, or we want to go-to-market quickly and have confidence with a regression test suite in place.

Learn more about Rainforest QA

Rainforest QA Videos

Learning about Rainforest QA?

* We monitor all Rainforest QA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Rainforest QA to Similar Solutions