Ranorex Studio

Ranorex Studio allows you to set-up robust test automation scripts for a wide range of desktop, web and mobile applications. For managing and executing automated tests, Ranorex Studio provides a comprehensive range of test automation tools based on standard programming techniques and languages, making them ideal for teams of all sizes.

Work for Ranorex Studio?

Learning about Ranorex Studio?

Ranorex Studio Reviews

Ask Ranorex Studio a Question
Showing 13 Ranorex Studio reviews
Ranorex Studio review by <span>fletch w.</span>
fletch w.

"Ranorex Test Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Ranorex is a fairly powerful test automation platform, particularly given it's price point. Compared to other tools I've used (QTP\Quality Center, TestComplete, Selenium), there are many benefits out-of-the-box other than price:

- reporting libraries

- support for multiple browsers and devices

- more robust IDE and debugging capabilities

- native .NET, so no need to use archaic scripting languages or to learn new ones

- for us, being presented via native .NET libraries means we can actually forego the Ranorex IDE (built upon SharpDevelop) and perform all development within Visual Studio. The benefits of this include

-- native .NET compiling and debugging - better than sharpDevelop's and far better than QTP\Selenium

-- easy integration with tools we already use: TeamCity, SVN, nCover

-- QA and development use the same tools... can share projects, code, resources

What do you dislike?

UPDATE APRIL 2017:

With the v7 release, Ranorex now supports running automated tests against the EDGE browser. However, if (like us) you counted on their native support for Visual Studio, and have developed your framework within Visual Studio rather than the Ranorex IDE, you've been left out in the cold. Ranorex has chosen to keep their WebDriver integration private, meaning that people who are referencing Ranorex libraries with Visual Studio still have no way to run tests against the EDGE browser. According to their Forum and User Voice sites, there is no plan to change this. Good news is that Telerik DOES support Edge, so for those of you in our shoes it may be possible to migrate...

=========

Limited third party integration. We can roll it ourselves, but out of the box integrations don't meet our needs most of the time.

Foreign product - which isn't bad (and there is a COE in Florida). However, the user base seems small compared to other vendor's offerings. This isn't mush of a problem generally, but when you need answers fast it can be a drawback

Not a lot of information about how to use... API is documented virtually without examples. Advanced usage information practically non-existant

License manager is slow to release licenses locked to clients that have completed work...

Recommendations to others considering the product

APRIL 2017 UPDATE - IF YOU PLAN ON TESTING AGAINST THE EDGE BROWSER, STICK TO RANOREX'S IDE. IT ISN'T NEARLY AS FLEXIBLE AS VISUAL STUDIO AND ITS DEBUG PERFORMANCE IS FAIRLY POOR, BUT EDGE TESTING IS ONLY SUPPORTED IF YOU USE THEIR IDE.

=====

If I had to do it again, I think that I'd have us stick the Ranorex IDE. It isn't as powerful as Visual Studio in terms of debugging, but there are a lot of features built into the "system" which many folks would probably want to take advantage of, such as visual test ordering\re-ordering, the new remote deploy and run functionality, multiple test drivers available natively, at the test case level...

If going the route we followed - into Visual Studio - spend a little upfront time building a robust test runner. We ended up putting together a nice test driver, but it works on the local machine level. Bringing it back out the the network can save a few headaches...

well, obviously test automation. After performing a POC with the Ranorex IDE itself, we were able to move to Visual Studio (reference Ranorex core libraries) and build a fairly robust test framework pretty quickly.

We are able to run thousands of tests against various app configurations and on various OSes pretty easily

We've done some POC work with mobile device testing and are reasonably satisfied with what we've learned, at least for Android devices.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ranorex Studio
Ranorex Studio review by <span>Joash M.</span>
Joash M.

"Automate your business Process using Ranorex"

What do you like best?

Automated testing is the best way to meet all the goals related to the testing, but it is equally important to have the best automation tool to simplify your business processes and Ranorex, is one such automation tool which works with all the technologies and devices. It works with desktop and web applications.

The best part is that it is even mobile compatible. You can even perform cross device or cross browser testing using Ranorex. It has a good amount of documentation and user guides, it even includes image recognition, which is a challenge in most of the automation tools.

What do you dislike?

Ranorex is a bit complicated for the non programmers to start off with. Templates or solutions, which ease the testing process, are not separate for web/forms projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no doubt Ranorex stands out of all the other automation tools. With a different approach, it has been proven to be the useful tool for larger applications even. Go and check out this tool as it is certainly a good shot to meet your testing requirements.

One most important thing which cannot be overlooked while putting hands on any automation tool is its power of Robustness.

Ranorex is purely a robust automation tool, which incurs into minimal test maintenance and covers all the dynamic user interfaces. It is based on object based architecture, which separates object identification from automation.

What Test Automation solution do you use?

Ranorex Studio review by <span>Het P.</span>
Het P.

"One of the greatest tool for Automation Developer!!"

What do you like best?

The way Ranorex work in using Repository and Tracker tool is simply great. I do not have to worry about finding XML paths manually and storing them in variables. Ranorex does it all for me. :D

What do you dislike?

I figured that Ranorex doesn't have a huge audience for support as some other tools like Selenium has. But whenever I asked for any questions or queries to Ranorex support team, they reached back to me with a solution within 24 hours which is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try to use the product for evaluation period. I am pretty sure, it will do the job you need to do in simplest manner. Especially makes it easy to code Automation using OOP concepts.

My company has a product that runs on multiple platform (Desktop, Web, and Mobile). I was in search of a tool which covers all the platforms in Automation development. Ranorex solved my problems. I already have some automation done for Desktop and Web. I will be starting with iOS 9 to which I look forward to.

Ranorex Studio review by <span>doris M.</span>
doris M.

"ranorex"

What do you like best?

I especially like because Ranorex is a test automation framework for testing GUI desktop , web and mobile applications -based . Ranorex is provided by Ranorex GmbH, a company developing software solutions innovative test automation software. Having a Ranorex not own programming language , using standard programming languages ​​instead

What do you dislike?

I too like nothing I dislike this app so excellent and reliable

Recommendations to others considering the product

100 % recommended for all the public. since this app has a lot of support and is easy to use and understanding

solved many problems with this app because with it can more easily test

Ranorex Studio review by <span>Alexandra S.</span>
Alexandra S.

"It's pretty good and has a good price point."

What do you like best?

I like that you can do a lot of things programatically. I like that it allows my agents to focus on more important tasks versus focusing on smoke testing. Plus, it allows more issues to be caught during smoke testing, as there is less room for human error due to repetition.

What do you dislike?

It's a little inflexible when it comes to older VB6 applications. I do not like the record function. It's very slow and occasionally off the mark. For applications that use Dynamically Named forms, there is very little help and I find the forums and it's participants very unhelpful. I also find the website is a nightmare to navigate through and that it's hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting someone already familiar with the software to do an introduction or maybe even hire a consultant (such as my company did) to aid in setup/primary development/training etc. Also, the Ranorex staff is often helpful.

Solving the hassle of doing simple smoke testing via employee vs. ranorex. It keeps my QA team free to test release issues instead of wasting 2-3 days smoke testing existing functionality.

Ranorex Studio review by <span>BG B.</span>
BG B.

"Ranorex is the most versatile and lightweight automation tool I have used."

What do you like best?

Ranorex is lightweight, fast, and easy to use. We do not do record and playback but I understand you could do this with Ranorex Studio. We simply use Ranorex Spy to determine Rxpaths and put them in the code of our in-house automation application.

What do you dislike?

Out of all of the automation tools I have used, Ranorex is the best. Their support is responsive and they release updates frequently. The only thing I can think of that I dislike is how they changed their pricing model to charge more for use on VMs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With update 5.3 you now need a special "floating" license to run or develop automation on a virtual machine. This hit me by surprise when I was asked by support to update to the latest version for a bug fix.

I am responsible for automating every client and server (windows forms and web applications) for two enterprise level applications. Ranorex is great because it can be used to automate all of them and there is no need for multiple automation tools (for each type of client: html, silverlight, flash, mobile, wpf, .net, etc...). This allows us to share code between all automation for all applications and their multiple clients, save money on automation technology and to keep things tidy.

Learning about Ranorex Studio?

* We monitor all Ranorex Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.