Rapid Recovery

Quest Rapid Recovery is advanced backup, replication, and recovery software that offers ZeroIMPACT recovery – anything to anywhere; it protects systems, applications, and data on physical machines, virtual machines, and in the cloud.

Work for Rapid Recovery?

Learning about Rapid Recovery?

Categories

Compare Rapid Recovery to Similar Solutions

Rapid Recovery Reviews

Ask Rapid Recovery a Question
Showing 13 Rapid Recovery reviews
Rapid Recovery review by <span>Daniel M.</span>
Daniel M.

"Rapid Recovery Review"

What do you like best?

We were able to roll this out quickly across the board which was great for keeping every area accountable what the requirements we wanted to set in pace for digital and physical backups. It's very easy to use at the individual level so that everyone can be self-managing.

What do you dislike?

I've heard there some kinks since Dell took over. I think that me only personal issue with it is that the level of support can be inconsistent.

Since we are in the financial sector, we have a strong need to have digital and physical backups of a large portion of our work. This is a great tool to have that security and due diligence in place.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rapid Recovery
Rapid Recovery review by <span>David S.</span>
David S.

"Great Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

It is easy to do recoveries from the very granular recovery points available. It is easy to change from default backup scheds/retention policies to client-specific ones as needed. Push installs of the client software have been successful.

What do you dislike?

GUI response time has a LOT of lag, although in all fairness it might be due to us running more clients than we should on the server (although that has supposedly been improved in the newly released version 6, called Rapid Recovery).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for the backup and restore. I really recommend this. Before buying this, run trial version then make any decision.

It is now fairly simple for operators to keep backups automated and easily do restores, or for managers to log onto the web GUI to get a quick view on things. If you don't have knowledgeable or enough staff to troubleshoot it well and you're on contract, Dell support will do their utmost to support and fix it (so far).

What Backup solution do you use?

Rapid Recovery review by <span>Rick D.</span>
Rick D.

"Reliable and straight forward solution"

What do you like best?

The best part about (AppAssure) (Dell) Quest Rapid Recovery is the setup. There isn't a lot of thought required to get this product up and running for your enterprise. You can create retention templates that can be rolled out to all systems, or you can customize retention for specific requirements. The agent rollout is pretty straight forward and requires minimum effort to implement.

What do you dislike?

Like others have mentioned, AppAssure was a quality product that suffered in performance when Dell took it over and re-created it. But after the last couple of releases, the product has become much more reliable and even better than the original.

Bare metal restores for physical hardware can be a challenge without the proper drivers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software does not require 3rd party consultants for setup and installation. The product has a nice GUI and is very easy to learn. Compared to older products like Tivoli from IBM, this product is much more user friendly and doesn't require command line knowledge.

We've seen 4 to 1 or better compression and additional space savings with deduplication. The ability to restore files to a share is a benefit which enables the end users to pick and choose which items they really want to restore. And to do so is simply a drag and drop procedure.

Rapid Recovery review by <span>Richard S.</span>
Richard S.

"Great Backup Appliance Support solution and app"

What do you like best?

Great backup appliance software solution. Very self managing when fully deployed and great customizable options.

What do you dislike?

Deployment of the app on server side could have been a lot smoother. Depending on the OS there were different AppAssure versions and support had to be called a number of times for assistance. Came down to making sure that services were running. Advanced level of difficulty to troubleshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs professional IT Staff for setup. Would have been very challenging/impossible for a non-IT person.

More reliable backup storage. Now have better piece of mind than with our previous backup appliance.

Rapid Recovery review by Administrator in Furniture
Administrator in Furniture

"Finicky Software but great results when working correctly"

What do you like best?

Restoring the backups and file level restore are really easy

What do you dislike?

We use this for our On-Premise exchange server as well as file servers. File servers are just fine, but the exchange backup process is really finicky. It often fails the truncation process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have a seperate network for the backup traffic. We run our exchange backups off of one of the HA servers so we can backup every 1-2 hours without impact to production.

Exchange backups and file server backups

Rapid Recovery review by <span>Milo B.</span>
Milo B.

"Dell Appassure Getting Close"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of Dell Appassure. It has many useful tools including file/folder level restores, virtual machine exports, bare metal restores, and archiving to name a few. These tools give a user all they need in their challenge of backup restores. I have had some good experiences with support when a technical issue has arose. Overall Dell has done good in its evolution of the Appassure product to an enterprise product, however they have some work to do. The product does seem to be more and more solid and Dell is quick to fix new technical problems that arise. I think it can be a good product as long as you do your homework and understand hardware and software requirements for the product. Dell Technical support has gotten me through all my technical issues over the last couple of years and I have current working backups. It has cloud options for backup.

What do you dislike?

Since Dell has taken over the Appassure product in 2012 it has transformed to a whole new product. Many people liked the original product. In my quest to setup backup at our business you can say it has been a challenging experience. These challenges include upgrades every 6 months to fix major technical issues. Issues like corrupted repository's. Another challenge has been Technical Support. Over the the evolution of Appassure the structure has changed sometimes making support frustrating. Support can go either way. You can get someone that knows their stuff or someone that struggles through it. I don't feel Technical Support understands the urgency that is needed when the company's backups are down because of technical issues. This can cost someone their job. I also feel that some of the recovery tools take a very long time to complete. I am a smaller business and it can take 15 to 24 hours to perform a virtual export on a 2 terabyte volume. Which seems long in the recovery world. I can't imagine something larger. To be fair to Dell I do not have the experience with other backup solutions to compare these complaints to. Appassure also requires babysitting because of the lack of reporting, which is currently overcomplicated for an enterprise product. It is a product you want to love, but just like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. Check the forums. Ask questions to Dell about Hardware and Software requirements not just Sales people. Run the trial and make sure it works for you before buying the product. Have a solid plan in place for hardware and software to implement Appassure on. You will need robust hardware and software. Make sure you plan out sufficient hard drive space on your Server for your repository to grow. Be aware of how large your backups will be now and in the future.

I was tasked with setting up backup and creating a Basic Disaster Recovery Plan for our company. I inherited Appassure 4 which had some problems. I immediately upgraded hardware and installed Dell Appassure 5. This product fit my company's needs for our plan. I like the tools available to recover data on different levels. From file/ folder to whole volumes makes the recovery process easier for different situations that may occur pertaining to data loss.

* We monitor all Rapid Recovery reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories