What do you like best?
1) User interface for each step with allowing user to enter detail description from submitting new defect to closed.
2) Allowing to add query to find defect from database, based on regular expression and selection logic is best. In addition, filters which can be freely configured across all data fields make it possible to handle (x-) thousands of defect reports
3) interaction between Rational clearquest and Rational Clearcase is easy to understand and easy to follow.
4) New user don't need to follow tutorial to understand how tool is working, it easy to understand.
5) It’s also no problem to bind on several databases or to maintain several software projects within each database or several software versions within each project in a parallel and secure way.
What do you dislike?
1) I wish if rollback is possible for defect state.
2) There is no way to overwrite text inside "Notes" section. Once note been added, it will stay there forever. Its better to modify or remove existing note, incase of note added by mistake which may drive other user on wrong direction.
3) Sometime having trouble attaching big file and sometime system get slow for old defect which has big history.
4) If any defect is duplicate of original defect, make alias that defect to original one. So when user search for original defect, query result shows original as well as duplicate defect entry.
5) As of now many software company follows Agile method for software development. Not sure how Agile steps can be followed by using Rational Clearquest.
Recommendations to others considering the product
1) Easy to understand clearqyest tool for new user, without going formal training or workshop
2) Clearquest tool allows user to follow software process steps, which will bring up quality in user's end product
3) Easy to create/modify queries to retrieve entry from database.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
It is recommended to follow software process life cycle ( by following any model ) while developing software. By using rational clear quest, it allows user to follow software process lifecycle in correct order for new feature, change request or bug tracking. By doing so it improves the quality of work as well as user can handover end product in timely manner.