Raven Tools

Raven Tools

(120 reviews)

Raven Tools is an all-in-one Internet marketing platform for SEO, Social Media, PPC and Content. Research, manage, monitor and report on every aspect of your campaign.

Work for Raven Tools?

Learning about Raven Tools?

Raven Tools Reviews

Ask Raven Tools a Question
Raven Tools review by Matt E.
Matt E.

"Pretty good tool for SEO reporting"

What do you like best?

I like that it pulls together data from a lot of sources and puts them all in one tool. This makes my job a lot easier when I'm digging through the data. I've also used the research and auditing tools and find them useful.

What do you dislike?

The interface is borderline horrible with regard to ease of use. This is one of those tools that needs a serious tutorial to get your head around setting it up and using it. Further, many of the tools are inexplicably slow at times. The SEO audit tool is one of the worst offenders here. Also, the reports, while functional, are pretty ugly—not something you'll be able to send directly to a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good tool, but you're going to be lost the first couple of times you log in and try to set things up.

All-in-one SEO reporting tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Raven Tools
Showing 120 Raven Tools reviews
Raven Tools review by Guy H.
Guy H.

"Excellent for reporting allows me to communicate with my clients in a clear and concise way"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the set up and then the ability to schedule reports to clients for known KPI's that they depend on for their business. The new Reporting Tools is going to be excellent and I'm looking forward to using it. I have about 40 websites on Raven Tools, I need more time just to scratch the surface of what is available, but I can say without hesitation that every time I delve into Raven my websites come out better and stronger for it.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much to dislike about Raven, I'm based in the UK and it can be a bit slow on occasion, but given the data crunching and distance I can understand this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tried other software and services, including Moz and for an all in one solution Raven Tools covers virtually every angle when it comes to 'Web Marketing' and that is at the core of my requirements. Oh yes and the value for money is great too.

Cross Marketing, from SEO, Social and Email - how to work out success, profitability and ensure clients are kept informed and happy about their services from us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Raven Tools
Raven Tools review by Roy C.
Roy C.

"Excellent SEO Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Raven Tools excellent tool set and plain label/own branding features have helped me manage SEO and digital marketing campaigns for clients and owned/partner sites for both paid and organic campaigns. Great data connections including Google Analytics, Search Centrol, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Youtube, mailchimp and more.. the ability to pull the data and create great looking and useful dashboards and fine reports to gain insights for action, including automating reports and sharing with clients and co-workers... the on going product updates to improve the life of us digital marketers.

What do you dislike?

like all SAAS platforms their is leaning curve, so maybe the training/learn videos could do with an update... that would help with on-boarding new team members..and outsource people..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.. in my view the best value for money SEO digital marketing tool on the market..

Reporting success to clients and gaining insights for action that move campaigns forward and result in happy clients.. by putting money in their pocket and ours...

What SEO solution do you use?

Raven Tools review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Great for Reporting, Monitoring and Research"

What do you like best?

I use Raven Tools primarily for keyword research and reporting. I like that Research Central pulls data from Google Adwords keyword tool and includes search volume ratios and competition values. It's easy to save relevant phrases in Keyword Manager and then categorize and sort using tags. It can also be exported for additional documentation and review.

The reporting engine is easy to set up and customize and provides simple, user friendly results. This has been invaluable for automated reporting to our clients with combining metrics from website analytics, social, email, paid advertising and more.

This tool is fantastic for understanding and monitoring a website, social, competitive landscape and wide variety of online marketing needs.

What do you dislike?

Not much. This has been a great tool for conducting audits, research and ongoing reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great agency tool for managing multiple reporting and online tools, plus research, planning and reporting back to clients.

Efficient, customized and automated website marketing reporting.

Solid competitor and keyword research tools.

Integrates all the main services into one tool where you can review everything: Google Analytics, Search Console, Social Feeds, Email and Paid marketing.

Raven Tools review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"An affordable, powerful digital reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Raven is affordable and powerful - a rare combo in the SEO Reporting and Research realm. You get a whole lot of power with one monthly fee without breaking the bank. The reports that Raven makes available are beautiful - even the run of the mill templated ones. If you're into designing your own reports, or have a client with a specific need, they also making creating custom reports a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I've sat here for a good 10 minutes trying to think of an area where Raven could improve, and truly, I can't think of one. I used to be very under-impressed with their keyword research tool, but they have recently upgraded that to show more info. There was also a time when the dashboard was very clunky, but they've redesigned everything to be compact and easy to access. If there was ONE THING that I would love, it would be a mobile app, or at least have the tool be mobile friendly so that you can access the dashboard on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the ins and outs of this software. Be sure to take any training or webinars that the team puts together for customers. To learn it is to love it.

The WYSIWYG reporting style is great - coupled with the ability to white label. I also adore that you can create Report URLs so that clients can just click and see their most updated report.

Raven Tools review by Audrey A.
Audrey A.

"Professional, Easy-to-Use"

What do you like best?

Raven Tools provides users with a marketing tools platform to create dynamic reporting to clients who have need for marketing reports. They are professional and courteous, willing to listen to customer concerns. They are continually offering new services and features, but they also take the time to address bug issues.

What do you dislike?

Bugs can be frustrating and sometimes hard to work around. I would like to see better turnaround between complaints. I'd also like to see more features similar to what competitors provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any small or medium-sized business, this seems a really good fit. Bigger companies might wish to look at all of the options before making a decision, but they'll find that Raven Tools has a distinct advantage in what it offers to users.

I am able to make marketing reports that are easily digestible and clear. Having this allows easier dissemination of marketing ideas to other departments.

Raven Tools review by Rich G.
Rich G.

"Great Tool With A Lot of Functionality "

What do you like best?

Centralize a lot of data for reporting. Raven can connect with multiple third-party reporting platforms, and it allows you to see all that information in one location.

What do you dislike?

The presentation style of the data is not customizable. Raven provides a basic format or style that we are stuck with so the visuals are not as "pretty" as I would like. The information and layout of the information within reports are customizable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There are a lot of features for reporting, research, monitoring, content creation, email marketing and more.

A centralized location to view multiple data points from various analytics and ad tracking platforms. Raven-Tools can pull together information from Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics, multiple Email platforms, Social media platforms and many other sources.

Raven Tools review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Very customizable and worth the investment"

What do you like best?

I like the site auditor function the best. I started using the tool as a freelancer and it literally enabled me to do everything I needed to do.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a little steep but its worth it if you just spend about an hour or two learning the functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you watch the videos to understand how to best use the product. It took me 26 min and I fast forwarded the speed to 1.25x and it helped me learn the platform much more efficiently.

I'm able to build custom reports for clients and I'm able to diagnose website issues with ease.

Raven Tools review by Cody H.
Cody H.

"Good tool for SEO research"

What do you like best?

One of the tools I use most with Raven is the keyword manager which allows me to see search volume for keywords both locally and globally.

What do you dislike?

So far, there's nothing I don't like. The tool functions how I need it to for my application.

We are an agency that specializes in SEO and web development. We need insights into our sites that we manage. Being able to do keyword research, track inbound and outbound links, measure page speed and social integrations are important factors when managing our client's seo. This tool gives us the ability to easily manage this information within a simple to use dashboard.

Raven Tools review by Sara W.
Sara W.

"Great for organization "

What do you like best?

I love the new update to Raventools. The dashboard feels very clean and content is now easy to find.

What do you dislike?

Up until recently, I hated how clunky it felt. I was very pleased to see that it has been redesigned to look and feel more user-friendly. So far, I have no other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are needing a good content manager or place to back up your content, RavenTools is a great option.

RavenTools helps my team organize all of our blog content and format it. We use it as a way to keep a backup of all of our content categorized by clients. Others in our team use it to help with SEO for content.

Raven Tools review by Paolo D.
Paolo D.

"Great SEO platform!"

What do you like best?

Pretty good auditor for website and content. Great tool to optimize and improve your website, because it tells you exactly what you need to do in order to fix the problems or issues.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if they provided a list of priority items to fix first. Setting up the account requires a good amount of work, since you have to integrate with analytics accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work in sections. Also integrate all your other accounts like Google Analytics, Adwords, and social media accounts to have all of your digital channels in one place to make reporting easier.

Website optimization for search rankings. Increased traffic.

Raven Tools review by Nick J.
Nick J.

"Complete SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

This tool has everything an SEO manager needs to completely review and track a site. There's multiple tools that are well designed, helpful, and necessary to have a successful campaign.

The site auditor tool is GREAT. So helpful, it immediately shows where a site may have issues or is missing opportunities.

What do you dislike?

A majority of the information is just pulled from other sources. When examining a back link profile the information is pulled from Majestic. When viewing the statistics of a site a majority of the data is pulled from Moz and Majestic. A benefit of this is having all information in one source, rather than jumping between two.

Crawl reports can take time. If you're pressed for time, which happens to our team, the reports are frustrating to wait on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is excellent for anyone who needs to manage one site or multiple sites. It doesn't matter what you're trying to do, monitor back links, track keywords, or compare the competition, a user can do it all with just this one tool.

When looking at a new site it's important to us to see what the site is currently doing, and quickly see major issues with the site. With the audit tool we can get a detailed report on what some of the site issues are. The interface makes it easy for users to simply click through and find the errors. unlike most tools that run crawls every set time frame, Raven tools offers a manual run, which is awesome!

Raven Tools review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"uses information from other sources and is less convenient than it should be"

What do you like best?

Tools all in one spot, Raven uses accurate information pools and does a decent job of taking complex reporting and turning it into somewhat digestible information for laymen.

What do you dislike?

It's basically majestic plus google analytics mashed up into a branded wrapper by Raven. The reports are tedious; they are repetitive and they take a long time to render on larger sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other tools before spending on Raven. Raven Tools is a surface level product that does not dive deep enough for complex analysis. It pulls from readily available sources to give you information that you probably already know. It's major strength (comprehensive reporting) is bogged down by lethargic rendering of reports and a slightly non-intuitive interface.

trying to solve the need for an all in one tracking reporting tool for seo.

Raven Tools review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Just What I Needed"

What do you like best?

Compared to other reporting tools, Raven Tools allows me to manipulate the sections of the report in the way I want to. It allows me to show the data in a clear and concise way so it is easier for the client to understand - i.e. not only charts but tables or KPI numbers as well. I like the fact that it allows me to rearrange the sections I want to report on very easily (all drag and drop) and I love the fact that I can add a "text summary" section to any reporting section so I can go into detail what the numbers mean and what we were able to do for them on a monthly basis to help us reach our marketing goals.

What do you dislike?

There's little that I dislike about it. I would say that I wish I could actually do a direct keyword ranking report but that is fine since I don't put too much emphasis on just that. I also wish that it could showcase facebook paid ad reporting but I believe that is something they are looking to incorporate soon.

It is truly helping the way I report to my clients, allowing me to clearly breakdown all the services we provide and how they all play their integral role in online marketing. This allows me to stand out from other companies who just show random charts with numbers but no essence.

Raven Tools review by Dallas K.
Dallas K.

"Raven Tools Analytics"

What do you like best?

Easy basic reporting and you can have several clients/accounts within Raven.

What do you dislike?

Very needy to set up reporting, its hard to find exactly what you want for platform reporting but its very basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very basic. Also a lot of the definitions in raven for certain KPI's to not match your platforms definitions so your metrics will be off.

Analytics

Raven Tools review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Incompetent Developers & Customer Success Team"

What do you like best?

Clean analytic dashboards and UI interfaces

What do you dislike?

Lack of support. Upgraded system broke.

We have been using this tool for 4 years now with no issues. Utilizing the system for monthly analytics reports for high level executives. Unfortunately, with the new update to their core system, it has broke our instance of Raven Tools and have been unable to access our instance for 3 months.

The customer success team along with a few developers have been trying to solve this issue but with no success. They state that the bugs have been fixed but nothing has been fixed. For a piece of software, this is very amateur.

Raven Tools review by Graham A.
Graham A.

"Good for SEO, Okay for PPC"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and easy to use. Raven also brings in a pretty large amount of different SEO information to use.

What do you dislike?

The PPC reporting, specifically for Facebook ads, is sub-par. We were often having to find workarounds to include different information that we wanted to see in widgets which caused us to search for a different reporting platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for SEO, but make sure you consider everything you need if using it for PPC.

It helped make our reporting process way smoother and quicker so we could spend less time on reporting and more time on doing work.

Raven Tools review by Marina L.
Marina L.

"Great tool for analylic and marketing department"

What do you like best?

All I need for SEO are inside this amazing tool. It provides tools to review, track and audit my projects. They really well designed Site Auditor feature, it shows strong and weak parts.

What do you dislike?

When I tried to examine a back link or site statistics I get info majority pulled from Majestic or Moz. I already use these services. But this function allows watching all in one page, not on different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If something is not clear do not be afraid to write to the support service, they helped me understand many moments

This is a perfect solution to manage multiple sites. Easy to monitor keywords, backlinks, competitions.I like audit tool to get reports.

Raven Tools review by Mandy M.
Mandy M.

"The Most Affordable All-in-One Analytics and Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that for just $99 a month, we can utilize all of Raven Tools features. The reporting options are great, including the interactive reports. I love syncing all accounts with Google Webmaster Tools to track rankings and I love the super simple website audit tool.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have integration with Instagram.

Reporting, analyzing data

Raven Tools review by Agency
Agency

"A Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is in one place. I schedule my Twitter, look at Google Analytics, as well as pull my monthly reports for my clients. Fairly user-friendly, and pretty straightforward. I enjoy using Raventools.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about this product, although I wish I could schedule everything from this one platform. My company doesn't use it for Google+ or Facebook, because they told me it messes up too much. I also don't like how it doesn't allow you to delete tweets directly from it. You actually have to log in to Twitter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform. Everything is in one place, and fairly easy to use.

I like that everything is in one place, easy to use, and straightforward. The benefits of it are the ease of pulling monthly client reports, and scheduling.

Raven Tools review by Geoffrey H.
Geoffrey H.

"An All-around Great SEO Resource"

What do you like best?

Ongoing site monitoring is important for us, and the auditor tool allows us to keep an eye on any site issues and identifies issues that need to be addressed. In addition to that, the easy-to-use reporting tool allows us to create customized reports that track important analytics for our clients.

What do you dislike?

Syncing with Google Analytics occasionally, but rarely, has issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good all-around tool for reporting and website auditing.

The tool also helps cut down on time for monthly reporting to clients and creates easy-to-understand reports.

Raven Tools review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Tons of data - not exactly user friendly"

What do you like best?

I love that Raven Tools integrates with so many platforms, like Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reports were a little more user friendly and aesthetically pleasing. I find I can create a well-built report with great data, but it's not visually appealing enough to share with clients.

I'm tracking and monitoring web data for clients.

Raven Tools review by Jasmine D.
Jasmine D.

"Awesome automated analytics"

What do you like best?

I use Raven Tools primarily for its functionality as a great analytics and reporting option. It lets you connect a wide variety of different networks and can generate interactive and/or downloadable reports that you can pass along. You can even brand them, which is quite useful.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn is a pain to keep connected, I think due to the website's API. However, it's still rough to keep it connected. You also can't simply upload a picture, you have to upload it to the Internet and use the URL if you want to, say, include a screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up your Twitter account right away if you want Twitter metrics. You'll get metrics only for the time you've had it connected, so do it right away and don't wait!

This is great for offering quick snapshots of big metrics. It doesn't do any analysis, but the graphs are great, the fact that you can set it up once and send reports every month is a great time-saver.

Raven Tools review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Raven Tools Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed that Raven Tools was easy to use and set up dashboards that were able to connect to my Google Analytics accounts.

What do you dislike?

I disliked their site auditor. It made it seem that the website it was auditing was on fire and that it was so incredibly hopeless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try getting different points for your auditor. Say for instance the fact that meta description character counts change and so do titles, you guys flag them as bad when in fact they are too short most of the time.

We are using it for its backlink explorer as well as to find any glaring issues with the site.

Raven Tools review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"SEO site audit"

What do you like best?

I like how Raven Tools presents the data. It looks tidy and well organized. I can whitelabel the report and present it directly to the clients.

What do you dislike?

Google has updated the description length into 320 characters. However, Raven Tools still keep the old criteria. Besides, Raven Tools can’t crawl websites that are built with Wix.

Doing a site audit is so easy with this tool.

Raven Tools review by Doug C.
Doug C.

"Raven Tools is valuable but there is room for improvement"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with Google Webmaster Tools. They also have a link manager so you can keep track of your link building campaigns. You can also use Raven Tools to integrate social media accounts and see your activity displayed in a single dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Raven Tools does a lot things but aren't the best in anything that they do. There is a lot of software out there that provide the same features as Raven Tools... except they do it better. It also takes Raven Tools a long time to gather data for your campaigns.

I can't say that I use Raven Tools as part of my current SEO tool set.

Raven Tools review by Administrator in Political Organization
Administrator in Political Organization

"Great Product For SEO Reporting"

What do you like best?

Their white label features are outstanding and allow for companies to create custom, automated reports that would take a long time to complete by hand.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little glitchy at times and doesn't have some of the capabilities of other tools like AHREFS or SEMRush.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool used in conjunction with AHREFS, which is what our agency does.

We are able to do reporting for our clients in much less time and it incorporates multiple other tools that would cost more to purchase subscriptions to.

Raven Tools review by Ardala E.
Ardala E.

"Awesome Tool for Link Organization"

What do you like best?

We place all links that have been garnered by our clients into Raven. Absolutely love the Website Directory as we can search across all client profiles for sites they have been placed on. Drill down a bit more and you have all the link information. Link reports can be pulled anytime for each client.

What do you dislike?

On my wish list would be the ability to pull all links from all client profiles into one report. Also, would love to be able to add images to reports without them having to be live on the web first.

Also, would love to be able to hide client profiles when they are inactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From the beginning you should plan to use all the features that are available. We only scratch the surface and could probably benefit from using more of them.

Many of our clients come to us for content and then to promote their content. Raven gives us the ability to keep track, in an organized way, all the promotion links for our clients, which then helps in the ROI calculations.

Raven Tools review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Raven Reporting Metrics - a must have tool"

What do you like best?

All in one place and easy to manage all clients and their ever changing needs for more reporting and analysis, Raven's bank of reporting tools are easy to compare and modify custom reports.

We also like the ability to perform research for organic search marketing.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to complain about here - we like it a lot...! Maybe if there was a better annual pricing structure for long term users. We have been a loyal customer for 3 years and paid consistently month over month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you have tried the rest take a look at Raven Tools - they are the best and we rely on them 100%

Clients always want to know more and Raven makes it easy to extract lots of information and reporting metrics and put it into one easy to understand format - clients tell us that they like that and they can understand it and that makes them feel like they are in control. We like the way that we can compare individual clients quickly and easily

Raven Tools review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Great tool especially if you are starting a new position."

What do you like best?

All the tools you need all in one spot and a great way to analyze you competitors.

I was using multiple sites to keep track of my websites. I cannot tell you how many lists I had to remind myself to go where and when, and heaven forbid if I lost it or moved to another job. It was a headache to try and remember them all. I love it that a majority of tools and reports are all in one place. With the audit tools it helped my natural listings increase.

What do you dislike?

Would like it if you can see a keyword ranking tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyword ranking tool! I would love to see where my site ranks for a list of keywords.

I was new to current company and I told them about Raven tools and said "If you are going to give me one tool I would like it to be Raven tools" (I have seen this product demonstrated at different trade shows and always wanted to try it, other than on a trial period.).

They went and approved the tool and man all I can say is how it made my job 100% easier. I was add several of our sites and go through all of them, all in one place. What would have taken weeks of auditing and reading code it took me 1 week to find problems and correct them.

Our rankings increased, our conversions increased and I looked like a ROCKSTAR with a great bonus to boot!

Raven Tools review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Great All-in-One Tool for SEM, SEO, Social and Analytics"

What do you like best?

For one low price, I have access to many different tools and resources. I can check webmaster accounts, analytics, PPC, SEO and social media accounts. The reports are clean, easy to read, informative and fresh looking and are perfect for sending to others. Each report also has thorough explanations of what they mean and if issues are found, how to fix them.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while I have a difficult time finding a report I'm looking for. It seems like one or two of the reports are "filed" in the right place, but it might just be me. Is it really a bad thing to have a hard time finding a specific report because there are so many good reports in one place?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Raven Tools. You can't beat the cost for how much information is available to you.

We work with a lot of small companies and it can be very expensive and time consuming to provide all of the information to make their sites perform well. With Raven, it is very quick and easy to find answers to a lot of questions as to why a site doesn't rank well or other areas that need improvement.

Raven Tools review by Michele P.
Michele P.

"Best way to track stats from all over the net with or without a team."

What do you like best?

I manage multiple clients' social media, SEO, SEM, PPC and more - and Raven Tools makes it super easy to keep an eye on my work, share progress and successes with clients' and collaborate with my team of employees and contractors. This is a MUST for a fledgling agency on a skeleton crew of work at home geeks like us.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. After comparing multiple tools boasting similar tools, this has been the best of all worlds for us. I would love to see them dive deeper into social media monitoring and scheduling so I can cancel my spend on social media tools... someday maybe :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, and really jump in with both feet. Try all of the features, let it collect data and come back to review.

Managing multiple clients affordably was a huge stumbling block when I was on my own and realized aI simply didn't have any more hours left in a week to take on new business. Raven Tools has given me the tools to better oversee work done by contractors and employees and given me the confidence to hand off more and more work over time. It's also saved me a ton of time in reporting since I can customize automated reports and no longer need to compile reports for my clients in excel each week.

Raven Tools review by Darian K.
Darian K.

"Raven has been responsive, helpful and is a quality product. "

What do you like best?

We love how easy it is to use and it covers ALL the important pieces we need to track and report to clients. You cover areas that we've often has questions about and wanted help with tracking. There's SO many systems similar to yours BUT yours covers everything needed. You're a one stop shop vs. getting so many different systems.

What do you dislike?

The live reports that we share with our clients is still overwhelming for them. We do infographic reports that we made from scratch, and clients loved them. Also include Instagram AND Adroll PLEASE. Check out our manual report: http://jellymarketing.com/resources/Jelly_HomesSample_Mthly_MktgStats.pdf

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check them all out. You'll see that Raven is the cleanest, easiest to use AND has the best reporting. Their reporting keeps getting better.

What more do you want/need?

They could get better on some twitter, hashtag campaign reporting and add Adroll and Instagram, but otherwise, it's the best.

Quick automatic reporting vs. manual.

Raven Tools review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Raven wins."

What do you like best?

RavenTools is hands down the best marketing dashboard I've used to date. It has all the tools we need to drive our clients' content-marketing efforts baked into its core, and it integrates with other services we use like Scribe and press releases.

What do you dislike?

While somewhat star, the no-fluff interface gets the job done without distracting you, letting you focus on the data—which is why you came in the first place. And the ability to let your clients see the way the sausage is made can be useful for the technically inclined. We've found that that transparency builds additional agency in our clients, and builds our value as a partner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're debating whether to use Moz or RavenTools, consider that the most useful Moz data is included in RavenTools and ask yourself what you would *really* gain from the extra features of Moz. For us, Moz's additional functionality provided diminishing marginal returns.

We use RavenTools to develop and implement strategy for our clients' campaigns. By giving us a high-level dashboard about pretty much everything their brand is doing online, we can follow trends in our clients' campaigns and help them make decisions on how and where to enhance their marketing efforts.

Raven Tools review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"A tool for keeping you sane"

What do you like best?

Raven provides an easy-to-use interface for all of your analytic needs. We teach it at our marketing company as our only source for monthly website and social media reporting. It's amazing to have it all in one place. I love the report has such colorful and easy-to-read graphs and charts that are easy to explain to our customers.

What do you dislike?

Raven can sometimes be glitchy and slow, and you will have to hit 'refresh' a lot on some days. Also, Raven's numbers will not match Google Analytics' numbers until the 4th or 5th day of the month, so it's slow to collect data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Analytics will not pull in 100% until the 4th or 5th day of the month. Sometimes to website can be slow or glitchy, but I just refresh that page and it will work from there. I love that it's easy to do everything you can do in Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and more all in one place.

Having everything in one place makes it so much easier to export data to my customers quickly and efficiently.

Raven Tools review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

I love the layout and the updates Raven Tools has recently undergone. It's fairly easy to create a while labeled report to send to our clients.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Raven Tools it has quickly become my favorite and I recommend it to everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to play around with the features. There are a lot of functions within the platform and it can seem overwhelming at first but it just takes some getting used to.

We are using it to do website crawls, track keywords, and monitor our competitors.

Raven Tools review by George B.
George B.

"How My Agency Uses Raven "

What do you like best?

The cohesion and flow of the different reports and diagnostics is logical and flows naturally in the way you explain the process to your clients. We are an agency and not an end user (though we do look at it for our own agency site).

Raven is very powerful and in the beginning I did need some support. i found it in the form of webinars, videos that Raven publishes regularly and their email support.

What do you dislike?

I wanted an easier way to share reports that were live with clients rather than just PDFs. I think they are working on this as an option soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and see how it fits your needs.

Site Auditor is where I start to show the client how their site needs improvement. Citations and link building is a big part of our SEO so we use this regularly.

Raven Tools review by Jeff T.
Jeff T.

"Great digital marketing application to manage PPC, SEO, and Analytics + Great Reporting Platform!"

What do you like best?

Raven Tools is by far the best tool I've used to understand, evaluate and analysis customer data. Raven Tools breaks down all the areas I focus on for my clients with lots of valuable tools for SEO analysis, Keywords, competitor reviews and gives me a quick overview of how are paid search ads are working.

What do you dislike?

right now...it's all good. seriously this tool is great and grab a free 14 day trial to find out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try Raven Tools out with their trial offer. Can get a lot of great info in a short amount of time. And if you need a killer reporting tool, yep, Raven Tools is great!

Raven Tools allows me to be more efficient in managing my client's analytics, SEO and PPC. I started out with the 14 day trial and after 5 days I knew I'd be using Raven Tools every day.

Raven Tools review by Amelie C.
Amelie C.

"Like Having an SEO Assistant, One that's available 24/7 and makes you look really good. "

What do you like best?

I've been using Raven Tools for a few years now. I always say it's like having an assistant that sits in the corner, doesn't argue and works constantly.

I like both the research and the reporting features the best.

The reporting features allow me to create clean reports customized with a level of information that's catered to my clients' varied interests.

The research features allow for easy competitive analysis and site audits.

The Event Manager is also so handy to record work completed and measure the effects.

What do you dislike?

I have to share this tool with others and I can't track changes made by other users. I'd love to see a change history view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like how Raven Tools handled their decision to stop displaying scraped data in their tool. The way they handled the decision was an excellent example of how to run a business. They ran the risk of losing a ton of customers by doing that but in the end developed an even more powerful and helpful tool.

The primary benefit is time saved. I've saved a ton of time using Raven Tools. Now my clients' reports are streamlined. I can quickly access the tool and get check aspects of all the campaigns I am running.

Also - I like following Raven for industry information. Their blog and Twitter feed contains helpful, insightful information that makes my job easier as well.

Raven Tools review by Greg H.
Greg H.

"Sr. Director of Marketing"

What do you like best?

The new reporting suite has really helped to up their game. Originally starting as a great combination of SEO tools, Raven has grown to be more powerful with the integration of additional analytics platforms and monitoring tools. The new dashboard and reporting features are great. It would be even better if they could integrated additional platforms such as Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.

What do you dislike?

The social monitoring suite has changed many times and is still not quite up to snuff requiring additional tools for the majority of our client to have full coverage. Raven has changed data partners many times which has caused problems that are outside of their control, but that is part of the issue with outsourcing data providers. The lack of support of other platforms also requires us to use other solutions in addition to Raven, but it is still a powerful tool. It does seem mostly focused towards people doing SEO work. I wish that the widgets in the dashboard could be resized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate all tools and reports to ensure you can get your clients the data you need.

It has helped us to better communicate the value of our digital marketing efforts for our clients. It has helped our team to be more efficient in extracting data for analysis and also helped to make it easier to create reports to show to our clients to keep them in the loop in regard to how progress is being made across their digital properties.

Raven Tools review by Gabriel M. R.
Gabriel M. R.

"Meh!"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is intuitively laid out and categorized and i can get anywhere quickly. That's rare with other tools that seem to think burrying their features is somehow advantageous. The price point is good too!

What do you dislike?

Hey, 2009 called and they want their social media management tools back. The social media set up for Raven is, to put it bluntly, terrible. It's about as bare bones as you can get. No... cross platform posting, curating tools or content generators. Also, the layout is pretty crappy and, linkedin especially, never posts correctly. Needs some finesse. Would love to see improvements in that arena.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not for the novice user, as customer support lacks greatly.

Consolidated, customizable reporting...can't live without it now. My customers love it, too. It's very easily readable and that saves a lot of time and explaining.

Raven Tools review by Bret W.
Bret W.

"Best SEO Tool for Our Clients"

What do you like best?

Raven Tools just keeps getting better. We evaluated all the major ones, and we kept coming back to Raven Tools. It offers pretty easy integration with Google and social media, has a good (but improving) report generator, and it allows us to automate reports to our clients, which saves us a lot of time. We also like being able to Private Label the tool and allow access to our clients.

What do you dislike?

The report generator has been a bit painful in the past, but they're updated it recently. We're anxious to give it a whirl. The Knowledge Base needs updating, too. One thing we've asked them to work on is a good workflow document to help someone set up a new account; something linear (Step 1, Step 2, etc.) to build a complete campaign. Even a campaign "score" would be nice, based on how completely a campaign has been set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No tool will solve your SEO/SEM challenges, but Raven Tools goes a long way to helping you monitor and identify a great many metrics. Unlike some, Raven Tools presents these in easy-to-use formats that even your clients can decipher.

We really like being able to produce tailored reports for our clients. Not all of them do PPC, for instance, or engage in all social media. We can construct an automated PDF report to go out each week to our clients. We then follow up with them to go over the report and work out action steps.

Raven Tools review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"Great Integrated Digital Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage everything for every client in one system—separated by client. I can manage SEO, AdWords, Social, and get reporting on all of those activities without logging in and logging out of a dozen different systems and accounts.

What do you dislike?

I have the most trouble with the social media section. I've previously used very high profile social tools and Raven doesn't stack up. I'm told things are in the works, which I'm excited about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth doing a trial of the product. I've use A LOT of digital marketing tools and Raven has been the most affordable comprehensive system that I've found.

As an organization that does digital marketing on behalf of other organizations, this helps us A) stay organized client to client and B) provide relevant reporting to clients.

Raven Tools review by Nishan S.
Nishan S.

"I love how i can see everything at one place"

What do you like best?

Efficiency: It is a great tool especially when it comes to seeing everything at one place- Auditor, reporting, dashboard, link monitoring are some the things i use frequently. Also, the feature i really like is integration with webmaster tools. Overall it helps to be efficient as you don't have login into different places. You can see everything in Raven tools.

It is a great tools for monitoring all aspects of online marketing- social, adwords, analytics etc.

What do you dislike?

Design and user interface could be further improved. Since SERPs not being provided, if we are able to upload SERPs from third parties into Raven that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best tools to monitor online marketing at one place.

Trying to make monitoring more efficient. Raven has definitely helped us in that.

Raven Tools review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"So Far So Good- Great Tool With All The Right Stuff"

What do you like best?

I like the fact Raven includes all the crucial information and tools so I can make the best informed decisions for my clients. It makes my job a lot easier by having everything in one place, and inter-connected.

Raven has probably some of the best reporting software available. I am super excited that they recently updated it, so it's even better now. By far the best that I have seen so far.

The other 2 tools/features that I like is the backlink reporting and tracking. It makes it super easy for me to find out what my "competitors" (I like to think we are all friends helping each other) are doing, and what would be the best link opportunities for myself and clients.

The other one is the site auditor. I have used other software that is almost just as good. But again, when it comes down to the details, and then putting it into a easy to understand report for my clients, Raven Tools is second to none.

Overall, I think it is because of the reporting, and how everything is inter-connected that makes me stay with Raven Tools

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Raven Tools is the rank tracking. They use Google Webmaster Tools to supply this information. So it is accurate. However it isn't as clear and nice as other tracking software. This is understandable since Google does have requirements for those that want to use Google's Adwords API. You can look into this for more information. So it is understandable why they dropped the old ranking tool, it still is unfortunate, and is the only thing that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

30 day free trail. Give it a go. They let you try out all features.

I am solving the problem of having multiple software trying to do one thing: Find a solution for my clients to increase their rankings, traffic, conversions.

The amount of hours I have saved, I can't even say. All I know it is a lot. And it also makes my company reputable by having such nice looking and informative reports to send to my clients, without me spending countless hours creating them.

Raven Tools review by Jessi J.
Jessi J.

"The best set of tools for SEO I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

I honestly like how it is set up. How it looks and feels. Easy to navigate and easy to read. I can just click to the different projects I have on Basecamp and look for all the information I need.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of a thing I do not like about these tools. Sometimes it takes longer for keywords to pop up, but other than that, I do not mind it at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it and use it. The more you use it the better and easier it is.

Finding Keywords for Meta Tags and Alt Tags. It is easier when I plug in the URL of the business and come up with the correct and most searched ones out there.

Raven Tools review by Alex W.
Alex W.

"Good reporting tool. New price increases hurt overall score"

What do you like best?

Good integration with google analytics and nice looking scheduled pdf reports

What do you dislike?

Recent significant price increases are making me consider getting rid of it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recent price increases are making it less justifiable

It’s a nice way to semi-automate SEO reports for our clients that are attractive and useful

Raven Tools review by Pat H.
Pat H.

"Provides Data our Clients can USE"

What do you like best?

We want to have the best research & reporting tools to do our job - we LOVE that we can pass on real, actionable data to our clients that help them better see how we are achieving their objectives AND, and this is important... why they are not so we can correct and optimize.

Raven Tools provide information that marketing professionals can use to make better decisions.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I didn't like about Raven Tools was the interface but they addressed that with the last update - very easy and time saving UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a demo - review their videos and then jump in. It has helped us close and keep clients.

We mainly use RT for client internet marketing research, competitive research and then to make sure we're accountable.

Raven Tools review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Comprehensive marketing software that focuses on efficiency and ease of use."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Raven Tools is its ability to put everything in one location. For daily, weekly and monthly reporting, I typically have to check and login into several accounts or websites to pull information, which takes significant time when it's added up over the course of a year.

So the focus on efficiency is what I like most. Once you've made several campaigns, it's easy to switch gears and go back and forth between campaigns when doing research. I work with a website that has many related subjects that although similar, each require different campaigns, so I often need to look at several projects at once to record things.

Of the marketing tools, I get the most use of the SEO features, which include a site auditor (in beta at the time of this review), backlink explorer (Majestic SEO), a link manager and several other features. I like being able to use the site auditor and backlink explorer to find potential opportunities, and save them directly to the link manager or website directory that's provided. The link manager makes it very easy to organize potential links and media/marketing opportunities, and to update them with notes on the project's progress.

Overall, I get a lot of use out of Raven Tools and after using other tools like Moz, Majestic SEO and other SEO programs, I think that Raven's organization and efficiency make it a great software.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Raven is the sometimes slow and clunky interface. Everything is very boxy and sometimes lags behind when reports or other things are loading. That said, I switch between campaigns pretty often and this seems to slow things down, but if you stay in the same campaign then this problem probably isn't as bad. Also, this is more of a personal preference than any real reflection of the software itself - everything runs fine, just gets a little slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Raven is a great tool for SEO, but it's even better for marketers that need to cover social media, content and PPC as well. In my experience, I haven't used the social or content tools much because of tools we already have in place, but I have browsed them and they seem beneficial. That said, the Raven users that will get the most use of the software are those that have needs in all areas of marketing, not just SEO.

The main problem Raven solves is that it makes managing and researching marketing campaigns much more efficient. It's easy to get lost in all the data, opportunities, content, etc. that's required of a campaign, so Raven does a great job of combining a lot of tools to make organization smoother. It's definitely cut down the amount of time I spend on reporting, research and marketing analysis.

Raven Tools review by Allison K.
Allison K.

"Great All-Around Tool for Marketers!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the flexibility and super quick response time of the tech team. Where so many great tools fall flat is when you run into an issue or have a feature request. Raven's team is faster than any tech team I know at responding and addressing every single issue. Nothing has ever fallen through the cracks and it always gets resolved. And they are open to feature requests and implement new updates all the time, showing that they truly care about their customers!

What do you dislike?

If I could change anything about Raven it would be that it pulls in a little more of the detailed data from Google Analytics. I'd also like to see more integration with social media sites like Google+ and Pinterest. But with that said, this is still the most comprehensive tool I've found and meets most of my needs. It's hard to find something I don't like!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to reach out and suggest features. Chances are, others are wishing for those same features. The more we collectively speak up and show the developers that there are common needs, the more they can understand what changes to make to keep this tool so useful!

Raven tools is a great tool set for managing various levels of research and results of that research for each client. As a digital marketing agency with many clients, this tool makes it very easy to organize work in one location for all team members to see. Link marketing projects don't get lost in multiple spreadsheets. Keyword lists can be easily managed, exported, and tweaked. The biggest benefit, however, is the reporting. After implementing Raven Tools into our process, it saved hours of productivity by allowing us to automate a lot of the reporting that was being done manually in spreadsheets. The new online dashboards are even better, and have received a huge amount of positive feedback from clients. We're able to continue providing work that produces results for our clients, and a reporting dashboard so everyone knows the current state of the program and the results we're getting.

Raven Tools review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Great to provide a full digital marketing profile and metrics to your clients "

What do you like best?

I use Raven for monthly metrics reporting on my B2B marketing activities. I like that I can show the links that we've generated for the company and the keyword tracking. I have won many new clients by providing them a full digital marketing metrics report from Raven to see how they compare versus competitors.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have trouble figuring out how to best use the tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sure you can pull in data from multiple tools to get what Raven shows for less money. However, the ease of use and professionalism of the reports makes it worthwhile.

Raven allows clients to measure what marketing activities are working and so we can show the client what tactic to continue to use and what tactics are ineffective in drawing people to their website or links to their website.

Learn more about Raven Tools

Raven Tools Videos

Learning about Raven Tools?

* We monitor all Raven Tools reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.