Real Magnet

Real Magnet

Real Magnet is a marketing platform that integrates the capabilities you need to create cross-channel marketing campaigns.

Work for Real Magnet?

Learning about Real Magnet?

Real Magnet Reviews

Ask Real Magnet a Question
Real Magnet review by <span>Hal N.</span>
Hal N.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best thing about their platform is the seamless integration with our AMS (Abila netFORUM), which allows us to "set it and forget it" with regard to our key segments - everything syncs according to our business rules, so we can focus more on content.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the netFORUM integration extend beyond the CRM module, allowing for deeper segmentation from modules such as Membership, Committees, etc.

Due to the complexity of both the segmentation and HTML coding, a lot of our email marketing traditionally was handled by IT staff. Real Magnet's easy AMS integration, user-friendly interface, and messaging tools have enabled all of my non-technical users to quickly learn the system, and has allowed us to develop and execute advanced email marketing strategies without getting bogged down by the built-in broadcast email tool that ships with our AMS.

Showing 152 Real Magnet reviews
Real Magnet review by <span>Susan W.</span>
Susan W.

Real Magnet is an Excellent Product

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We can segment our markets for various campaigns and through the analytics in Real Magnet we can follow up with those most interested in the training, service or product we are providing. I also love the monthly reports we can run with regard to our activities and the ability to identify accounts to which promotions need to be charged. There customer support is amazing. One very excellent feature is that we can contact our members with HTML, text and mobile - our mobile opens have increased to 35% of our members.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a better way of organizing our lists - this may already be available and I might not be aware of it. Also I find that sometimes I cannot get type styles and sizes to match and formatting can be a bit difficult sometime. These are, however, in my opinion minor issues. The survey portion for reporting is a bit cumbersome, but workable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrating the product with your AMS is surely the preferred used with magnetmail, we have not yet integrated, but are most likely headed in that direction

We are able to email people who actually want our information vs do mass to everyone and those that want off a particular list are able to unsubscribe and remain off the list for future emails. The benefits are less costs for emailing members and more satisfied customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Real Magnet
Real Magnet review by <span>Avi A.</span>
Avi A.

Great

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The combination of an easy to use system with the flexibility to customize to fit my specific needs. The system is very sophisticated yet I've found it easy to use. The integration and tracking of Social Media marketing into campaigns has been a big plus as well. I've only scratched the surface of the system's capabilities. Their Customer Support is top-notch, not only in response time but in their desire to problem-solve. The best I've experienced.

What do you dislike?

Wish my open rate was higher! (that's my problem, not Real Magnet's)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marketing Automation is very powerful. Try a few simple campaigns to get started and a feel for managing. It won't take long to get a feel for it. Once you understand how it works, the full-scale implementation will come much easier.

RM has given me the ability to easily communicate with clients and contacts in a very personalized way and trigger targeted relevant follow-up communications based on their interactions with my emails. More frequent clients and contact responses and inquiries, increased measurability of content performance, and superior metrics and reporting are just a few of the benefits realized.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Real Magnet review by <span>Paul D.</span>
Paul D.
Validated Review

The experience has been superb!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I'm a new user of Real Magnet and the customer service has far exceeded other providers I have worked with. I particularly like the Social Media feature. This has saved a lot of time. I also like how you can move the spacing up, down, right and left in the template/email builder program. This has also been a big time saver.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I have disliked so far that hasn't been solved through customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service, customer service, customer service. That is by far what I have enjoyed about Real Magnet the most.

We provide a weekly newsletter, event email and event promotion during our event season. Email substantially outperforms all other forms of promotion for our events. What I like the most is the social media component of Magnet Mail. It save so much time and is the best solution I have used for managing our social media channels.

Real Magnet review by <span>Danielle S.</span>
Danielle S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like how easy Real Magnet's marketing automation platform is to use. I rarely have to create my own type of campaign because they have an extensive set of template campaigns. This helps cut down on the time I spend planning campaigns. I also appreciate how responsive the support time and my account manager are to my questions.

What do you dislike?

One aspect I was excited about but then disappointed in was the ability to resize photos within Real Magnet. I was looking forward to not having to resize every image in Photo Shop, but when I resize in Real Magnet, the image quality deteriorates. The images don't look sharp, so I'm still resizing in Photo Shop.

Being able to automate our renewal email series has been a huge benefit of using Real Magnet. I love that we can create custom fields like Paid Through Date, and use those fields to trigger emails. We're also doing a lot of lead follow up with Real Magnet Landing Pages and Marketing Automation. As a small company, being able to automate communications has allowed us to do so much more than we'd otherwise be able to do because of limited staff.

Real Magnet review by <span>Kelly W.</span>
Kelly W.

Basics are decent

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the flexibility, the fact that we can have many users at once, and the basic functionality that RealMagnet provides. I also really like the "new" editor (not that new anymore, but it's way better than the old one, and more intuitive).

I was also very pleased that they offered two recent webinars--one a basic account training, and one about the "hidden gems" of the platform--as that was one of my main previous complaints about RealMagnet--in the past, we sometimes would only hear about certain features when we asked a question--and we'd receive a sort of "obviously, you should use THIS to do that," when there's no way we would have know about "THIS" unless we asked.

What do you dislike?

We're a nonprofit, and I think we're currently at a lower price point that some other customers so that might influence this a bit, but I don't always feel like there's great customer support. In some things (usually account upgrades with a cost associated) there's great support, but frequently we'll call with an issue in an email, only to be told to try something we said we already tried, or to be given an incomplete solution, or to essentially get the equivalent of a shoulder-shrug. I do understand, of course, that some things are out of their control, and some things are affected by our own limited staff/time or users' experience with the platform, but it can be frustrating when we're dealing with a very real limitation of the platform and being met with even very mild indifference.

Additionally, it sometimes seems like the company places more emphasis on coming up with NEW account features instead spending time of making the ones that exist work better.

I do also feel like there could be better notification of platform-wide issues, updates, etc. (though that has been improving in the last year).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite my less than glowing review of the product, there are problems with EVERY platform like this. You're never going to have a perfect experience with a mass mailing platform. You just have to decide which issues you can work with and which you can't (and find one in your budget).

We send a lot of email with the platform, and also recently (finally) moved toward integrating it with our contact database. That will offer some very real benefits once we work out the kinks (which have more to do with our database, admittedly, than RealMagnet).

Real Magnet review by <span>Mirelle M.</span>
Mirelle M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Real Magnet's email platform has similar functionality to other companies, but takes the cake for great customer service! They respond quickly to questions and emails and also are open to creating custom reports and campaigns to fit your needs. I feel like the are very responsive to feedback and do their best to make sure you're happy and getting what you need. The software also integrates well with our AMS (Netforum) and makes it easy to pass information between the two systems.

What do you dislike?

Their automation platform is a little clunky. It would be much easier if it were presented as a flow chart. While there is a good variety of what you can do with automation is not intuitive on how to set it up and requires a lot of extra work to make sure you are filtering, adding the correct people into every campaign. However, when I have run into issues they are always available to talk through the process and find solutions.

We send a lot of email - in 2016 we sent over 18 million sends. Real Magnet automation has helped us greatly reduce this number in 2017. Through automation and tracking user behavior we are better able to segment our audiences and provide them with the emails they want.

Learn more about Real Magnet

Real Magnet Videos

Learning about Real Magnet?

* We monitor all Real Magnet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.