Realm

Realm is church administration, accounting, and community all in one.

Work for Realm?

Learning about Realm?

Realm Reviews

Ask Realm a Question
Showing 22 Realm reviews
Realm review by <span>Shelby P.</span>
Shelby P.

A Fully Web-Based and Fully Integrated Solution for Your Church

What do you like best?

I always recommend a church utilize a fully integrated solution. I do realize this increases the "switching costs" for churches that end up wanting to make a change. But I would expect the church to have done a significant amount of work up-front (i.e., before making a change in the first place). A fully-integrated solution reduces overall workload, thereby reducing man hours. Realm, with Vanco online giving, and when paired with Realm Accounting does so beautifully. There is ZERO work to be done for online giving batches, other than checking them off during the bank reconciliation.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see additional dashboards built into the reporting system. Don't get me wrong. I really like the ones that are currently available. As a "finance guy" I would love to see an accounting dashboard that provides a number of customizable sections, such as:

Chart for cash account balances for the past 90 days, six months, year-to-date, etc.

Revenue-expense (with net income) for 90 days, six months, year-to-date, etc.

Pie chart that breaks down expense categories

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACS Technologies is a people company that sells software. Their heart is to serve the local church. You will get phenomenal support through the entire process, from the first inquiry, to implementation, to years of service down the road. I have honestly answered that I have only used Realm for 1-3 years. It's actually been 2.5 years with Realm, but I have been a customer of ACS Technologies for 18 years. I use their People and Financial Suites in a denominational office and Realm for my church. You will have a very difficult time finding better people to work with.

Realm has provided a great tool for communicating with our people, whether that be the entire church or a specific small group. We have used it numerous times for event registration, which allows people inside and outside the church to register and pay online (if applicable). We also track numerous individuals through the steps of various pathways. This helps us stay on top first- and second-time guests. Even more, it helps us keep track of folks that might have begun fading into the background.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Realm
Realm review by <span>Kathy H.</span>
Kathy H.

Realm--A Great Tool for Church Life

What do you like best?

As a church member, I like being able to control and update my own settings and information. I also find the simplicity of Realm to be very refreshing. Posting to groups, messaging fellow church members--or all the members of my small group, checking out the latest church news and events, or giving my tithes and offerings are logical and super simple--and, with RealmConnect, available wherever I may be!

What do you dislike?

As a Realm administrator, I also love the user-friendly aspects of the RealmConnect app. In addition, I know there a few things that are easier to do or only available on our Realm website and not yet available on the app. I am looking forward to more things being able to be accomplished via the app--for both my role as user as well as administrator.

Discipleship (helping people build relationships) and assimilation (helping people connect) are important parts of belonging to and growing in a church family. Realm pathways, groups, posting and messaging are tools that have helped "give life" to these concepts at our church. I have noticed that as members use Realm, other members are encouraged to participate--and the church family connections continue to grow and flourish.

What Church Management solution do you use?

Realm review by <span>Brandon V.</span>
Brandon V.

Realm is a modern solution to dated Church database software

What do you like best?

Realm is web based so I’m never away from the information I need and there is no complicated software to install. All of our important church database information is in one place hat I can get to from any browser.

What do you dislike?

There are just a handful of features that I have struggled with. One being registration events. For someone to sign up for an event they have to create and use their realm account. I’ve been told this is a feature that will be updated shortly so outsiders can sign up for events.

I also have had issues with pulling reports. Their queries are powerful but still have limits. I’d give examples but it would get very technical. Basically, I wanted to get some information and their queries made it so I had to see a lot more info than I wanted.

Our biggest benefit from realm is easily accessible information about our church members. It it a fantastic solution for that.

Realm review by <span>Danielle N.</span>
Danielle N.

A good product, but still lacking.

What do you like best?

- Easy to learn.

- Accounting and people data in one

- Report building

- Event registration

- Charts, graphs and info queries

- Accounting inquiries

- Easy tracking, simple to use, easy to teach others how to use the system.

What do you dislike?

Cons

- Inability to add graphics to face of emails.

- I would really like to transition financials over but will not do this until payroll module is complete and fully

functional.

- Software errors

- Doesn't store data

- Not always user friendly

- No email trail

- The sidebar navigation takes some getting used to.

- Inability to define user permissions as we want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When it comes to managing groups, it works really well, it just has a steep learning curve for people that aren't as tech savvy which is the case for a lot of our group leaders. This program is very easy to use and I would recommend it to anyone looking to keep their congregation and church employees in great communication with each other.

The key benefits that I get is being about to create and communicate with GROUPS within our church. I can communicate with them easily and mark attendance for when the groups meet. The communication is quick and effective. Everything in one place. Giving, attendance, directory, and all with mobility. There is unlimited customer support and training. The cost is less than what we had with People Suite!

Realm review by <span>Sarah M.</span>
Sarah M.

Two weeks in and couldn't be happier!

What do you like best?

User friendly, cleanliness of design, intuitive. We moved from The City to Realm and are very happy with our choice. "Customized" is the name of the game with Realm; to permissions, titles, groups, queries... everything can be customized to suit our organization and we're very excited.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability access all of the admin features in the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a really clear timeline from the transition team on what to expect with the data transition, down to exactly how the switch will happen, etc. We had a few hiccups when transitioning from The City, like some deleted groups that still showed up, but everything was a very quick fix. The staff is super helpful, and I recommend taking advantage of all the Training materials they offer. They're beginning something called "Realm U", a more digital classroom style training system to help people learn Realm and train others on their team. It's great so far!

Accounting! The ability to merge all expenses, budgeting, income, etc into ONE system is huge for us! We're able to have volunteers have different permissions to access what they need in the accounting area, as well as have overseer capability to just keep things in checks and balances. Along with all of the other pluses of Registration Events, check-in, etc.

Realm review by <span>Eve H.</span>
Eve H.

We recently switched to Realm and so far, it has been an easy transition and a positive change.

What do you like best?

Realm is very intuitive and modern, unlike the software we used prior to Realm. It is easy-to-use and reports are quick. I also love that there is an app--makes it so simple to look up contact information from home or away from the office. I also like that with one click from Realm, an email browser opens. So many things to LOVE about Realm.

What do you dislike?

Currently, in the Groups section, members don't automatically drop off when their "term" ends. It's slightly inconvenient and has been reported to the development team, so hopefully this feature will be available in the future. Although this is a negative, the positive is that they are constantly updating and expanding the capabilities in Realm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recently switched to Realm and the transition was simple. Realm is very intuitive and fast. The customer service is EXCELLENT. Our trainer, Jennifer, was fabulous. I highly recommend Realm. If you are looking for up-to-date technology, Realm is it. Many tasks to change hundreds of records can be done with one click. We look forward to rolling out realm to the congregation. Realm has an app, too--so easy to look up names and addresses when not at the office.

Realm is our church database solution. We can prepare various reports, mailings and documents with just a few clicks.

Learning about Realm?

* We monitor all Realm reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.