Reaper

REAPER is a complete digital audio production application for Windows and OS X, offering a full multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing and mastering toolset.

Work for Reaper?

Learning about Reaper?

Reaper Reviews

Showing 14 Reaper reviews
Reaper review by Marco D.
Marco D.

"The best recording platform for voice and studio projects:"

What do you like best?

What amazes me is the how clean and easy is to start and finish a voice project with this software, cause you just have to open it, click on record and then do what you do best, which is recording your voice. After that, it's just a matter of stopping the audio file and exporting it, which is also very easy to do. I have to say that it also amazes me how easy is to add any type of additional effects, such as echo, reverb, delay, etc., within seconds.

What do you dislike?

Once I bought a pack of additional effects for some voices and sounds in order to make my recordings more appealing to the ear. But I have to say that I really struggled to make them work inside Reaper. This is what I hate about the software, cause there should be an option where one could just select a pack sound, add it, and then start using it. What I mean to say is: if this is the way Reaper works (it lets you do most things automatically, with a couple clicks), why wouldn´t they add this function for pack sounds?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is very easy to use, and the quality of the final output you´ll get is great and can be even better if you know how to use the production and mastering tools inside it.

Most of the work I do for my home business is creating audios and videos for helping my customers learn in engaging ways. Reaper helps me do this task easily by giving me the tools to make and edit audio for videos and the own courses I sell, all with just a few clicks. I think that this software is the easiest to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Reaper
Reaper review by Mario S.
Mario S.

"Produce and mater songs with Reaper"

What do you like best?

I´ve been user Reaper for a little while and I like three things about this software: the first is that record with it is very easy, because mainly you just need to have your microphone or guitar plugged, and then just click the "record" red button. The second is that it´s also easy to add VST effects and instruments by pointing them to the Reaper folder. The third and last thing is that adding reverb, as well finishing and mastering the song, is quick and easy if you use the upper panel and the left-side edit options.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is that the software should come with a detailed user´s manual; I´m saying this because even though the software is easy to use if you have an idea of how to use recording software, it can get to be very confusing and a bit hard to learn if you´re just a musician wanting to start recording your own songs and sell them on the internet. Really, people at Reaper should include a detailed user´s guide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reaper will help you record, master and produce your own songs and the quality you´ll get is great. And as with everything, you must spend many days learning to use it the right way, but I think it´s totally worth it. Also, the price is low compared to other recording software.

Well, what can I say? Reaper allows me to record, produce (very easily) and master high quality jingles and short songs so that I can sell them to independent entrepeneurs that want nice audio for their own video presentations and many other purposes. This is one of the easiest ways to make some money online.

What Audio Editing solution do you use?

Reaper review by Erik S.
Erik S.

"REAPER IS ONE OF THE BEST RECORDING SOFTWARE I´VE FOUND"

What do you like best?

Reaper is one of the best recording software you´ll found out there. Mainly, I use it to record songs and sell them to users on Fiverr (using my voice and an acoustic guitar), and they come out with great commercial quality. What I mostly love of this software is how easy it is to link the recording hardware with Reaper (by only clicking the software a few times); I also enjoy its click and cut tool, which allows me to erase and cut any part of the recording I dislike, in an easy way. The most amazing part is that I can easily export my files in any known audio format I choose (like WAV or MP3).

What do you dislike?

As this software is a bit more complex than free tools like Audacity, its initial learning curve is a bit lengthy: if you want to get the most out of it, you need to spend many, many hours learning how to use all of the tools that Reaper has to offer, and this might be a bit discouraging for some users. Nevertheless, if you have the time and patience to do this, you won´t regret it because you´ll be amazed at how easy your recording sessions will become (and you´ll also be amazed at the high quality you get from your audios).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first thing I´d like to tell you is: thank you for giving the world a nice recording tool. The price you charge for Reaper is also great (and it´s great that you trust people so much that you allow us, users, to keep using Reaper because you´re sure that most of us will pay for it). Nevertheless, it would be useful if you created a special discounted price for students

When I record songs in order to sell them online, my main obstacle is to find professional software to gets the job done with the highest quality. Reaper solves this problem: I can record songs and audios with great commercial quality. You´ll really be amazed at the quality of sound you get: really, if you record a song in a professional studio, and then you use the same guitar and microphone to record the same song with Reaper, you won´t be able to tell the difference.

Reaper review by Carmen A.
Carmen A.

" It is an ideal program to improve my audio files!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is that I can improve my sound files in an easy and very simple way, this program offers a lot of tools to do many things such as managing sounds among others, the best thing is that it is a portable program and that means that I should not have it installed on my computer to use it and that's great!

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that they only give 30 days of free trial, then you have to pay for it, on some occasions it has been very difficult to save the files already edited, I do not know if this has happened to me because I do not know well the operation of this program , also on some occasions I have tried to edit a single file and at the end it turns out that I have two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to edit, create or improve your sound files I highly recommend this program for its versatility and for all the tools it offers to achieve the proposed objectives, it is a good option.

What I have been able to solve with this program is that I have managed to improve my sound files, record new files and edit the files I already had, this tool is very versatile, it has a range of options that always correspond to the needs of the user, is a portable program that I can carry on any device and thus be able to use it and not depend on having it installed on my personal computer.

Reaper review by Dmitry K.
Dmitry K.

"very flexible DAW for wide range of sound purposes "

What do you like best?

You can customize all the functionality using actions. Great for music mixing, sound recording, sound design and editing. Big advantage of Reaper is technical support team, who make it better ones in a month. Also Reaper takes up less space on hard drive than other DAWs. It's working real fast and it has strong community where you can find great amount of information about functionality, watch tutorial video and so on.

What do you dislike?

For me the biggest problem of Reaper is that it doesn't work with formats like OMF which widely using in filmmaking sphere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most flexible DAW for intermediate users. Ones you set it up then it would be your closest friend in the world of sound.

I am using it for mixing, sound editing and sound design purposes. The great benefit is that you can build your own custom session templates for different types of work and

Reaper review by Luke A.
Luke A.

"My audio workhorse for over 10 years. "

What do you like best?

Reaper (or REAPER as they like to say) has never disappointed me with its stability, performance, feature set, and flexibility. It does everything I could ask for, and much more. As my usage has gotten more advanced over the years, Reaper has kept pace just fine. And the price can't be beat!

What do you dislike?

There is honestly almost nothing I can think of. I've had a couple tiny features that I've wished were included, but they were SUPER niche ideas so I'm not disappointed that they're not included. (And at least one of them was covered when I discovered SWS Extensions; look it up if you're a Reaper user!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial is unrestricted and I don't think it has a time limit either. Download it and try it!

I've mixed and mastered music. I've produced podcasts and online audio-based products. I've generated assets for music instruction web apps. Like I said above, Reaper has always delivered!

Reaper review by User

"This is a good software to record and edit audio, but consider a different product for fixing or res"

What do you like best?

Reaper has a user-friendly interface that allows you to record an unlimited amount of audio tracks per session. The layout is intuitive and customizable, with a wide range of editing and effects plugins. For a $60 investment, you get a full-fledged digital audio workstation (DAW) instead of an entry-level audio editing software. There are better programs to restore a noisy recording or remove clicks and pops from a vinyl conversion. However, if you plan to record and edit multiple sources simultaneously, this is one of the best options, especially for less than $100.

What do you dislike?

This program lands near the bottom of our ranking due to the lack of restoration tools. You can build a proper restoration suite by adding multiple editing tools together, like EQ, gates and filters, but that’s a daunting task for novice users. We were able to remove a decent amount of room noise, and edit out some microphone pops from our test podcast segment, but it took significantly longer than programs like Adobe Audition that have a one-click repair or restoration tool.

This software is compatible with almost all third-party plug-in formats, including VST, VST3 and AU, but you may not need to buy any additional plugins because the included package is extensive. The EQ and compression plug-ins sound natural and are easy-to-use. Reaper also includes all the mastering tools to make sure your finalized recordings are at a proper volume to post online or for physical copies. We added more than 10 plug-ins to our test project and saw no signs of latency or crashing.

Reaper review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"Excellent Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) - at an Affordable Price!"

What do you like best?

This is the best priced, full feature DAW I've come across. I did a lot of research before I decided which DAW to purchase, and Reaper had the most features at the best price.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run across anything I don't like. However, I'm not a power user. I primarily use this for recording and editing podcasts, as it is more than capable of doing that (and more).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reaper has full features, is constantly making improvements, and is a relatively low cost product, especially compared to many competitors.

I use Reaper to record and edit podcasts. I can record direct to my hard drive, edit, then export as a WAV or mp3 file.

Reaper review by User in Music
User in Music

"Just as powerful, but more customisable "

What do you like best?

Reaper allows you to evaluate indefinitely and at some point, you'll be happy to pay the measly fee to get rid of the reminder when you open the program! very powerful software and allows you to tailor it to your personal style and needs completely! very impressed.

What do you dislike?

Given the amount you can customise, it can occasionally be a little confusing exactly how to perform a certain task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering the price tag, I'd definitely recommend Reaper to anyone looking to start working with audio software.

A great bit of software to get any one started or business in Audio editing or productions

Reaper review by User in Internet

"Reaper is a solid recording platform"

What do you like best?

It quite amazing how easily you can add effects and various additions including simply recording. But what's even better is that the software itself is easy and clean.

What do you dislike?

We disliked that ts ease of use is not so easy. We would prefer that a users manual came with the software because, at times, it can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations at this time.

Creating videos and audio for short commericials in a marketing and insurance company.

Reaper review by User in Higher Education

"Reap Reaper’s Benefits"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the customization options and all of the built-in software in Reaper. The small amount of video editing capability is a nice bonus, as is the VST compatibility.

What do you dislike?

I cannot load the platform into windows operating systems pre-XP on my oldest machine in my home studio, or into Mac pre-Operating System 10.5.

Simplified engineering workflows. Digital Audio Workstation MIDI sequencing solutions that save time, hard drive space, processing power, and my bandwidth.

Reaper review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"great DAW"

What do you like best?

one of the best programs to record and edit audio hands down. has everything you need for great price

What do you dislike?

it's not the best when it comes to canceling out noise that are background sound

it's great for rendering Audi the way I want it with my visuals

Reaper review by Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Amazing Program for Sound Editing"

What do you like best?

As long as you have a basic knowledge of sound editing this program is the best

What do you dislike?

When we put beginners on the team the interface seemed too complex for them

Creating audiobooks and tutorials with music, introductions and voice recordings

Reaper review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"So fun and easy to use and budget friendly"

What do you like best?

All of the number of options and support to use those options

What do you dislike?

Doesn't come with built-in music library

No longer have to hire production out for mini ads

Learning about Reaper?

* We monitor all Reaper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.