Rebrandly

Rebrandly is a tool that allows user to easily create and share branded short links with custom domain name.

Work for Rebrandly?

Ask Rebrandly a Question
Showing 27 Rebrandly reviews
Rebrandly review by <span>Mikaela L.</span>
Mikaela L.

Gives instant social credit and brand creates cohesiveness

What do you like best?

Any link to the content we share can be rebranded and that allows us to receive social credit for sharing useful information to our clients and followers. The rebranded link brings cohesiveness to our content and doesn't cause brand confusion when clients or blog followers are interacting with our content.

What do you dislike?

The steps may be too hard for technophobes or the non-technical to use and if they don't have access or know-how regarding subdomains etc., then they might seek a different solution. It would be nice to be able to download a "why rebranding is useful" to share with clients who we are wanting to use the service, but want to read something by someone else about why rebranding is useful. It would have been useful to have a step-by-step downloadable how-to sheet to give to clients that we want to use the product, but they want to set up the domains themselves. Having a walk through guide would be a real benefit for us and our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have access to your domains and make sure you or someone you have access to is able to create and manage sub domains.

We are able to brand links to curated content that we share and receive the social credit for sharing information with our clients and prospects. We are able to bring a unity and cohesiveness to our shared content and not cause brand confusion when clients and bloggers interact with our content. We are also able to track links based on the tag we use depending on the content's purpose, industry and calls to action.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rebrandly
Rebrandly review by <span>Kody F.</span>
Kody F.

Exactly the solution I was wanted!

What do you like best?

The setup was very easy! We purchased a "short domain" from another provider, but the detailed instructions from Rebrandly made it easy for me to set up our domain to work properly in just a few minutes. We use the short URL's every day in SMS communication with our customers and every time we add a new page to our website.

What do you dislike?

I installed the Chrome extension and then I don't think I've ever bothered to use it again after the first day. That's not necessarily a real "negative" but clearly it's a service they offer that doesn't have any real value to me personally.

We do a lot of communicating through SMS with our customers. Having short, uniform URL's that we can drop into text messages made a big difference in the quality of messages we can send out. Plus, it helps make our startup look even bigger!

What Other Marketing solution do you use?

Rebrandly review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

Rebrandly: Easy Branded Short Links for Anyone and Everyone

What do you like best?

Branded short links make life easier for both me and my customers, by providing a simple way to focus attention. If I want to show off a particular product, I can use a short link that contains the name of the product, instead of a long, convoluted URL. This makes it easier to share, and to remember. Rebrandly makes it very easy to create branded short links for virtually any web page, and it's a must-have tool for any marketer.

What do you dislike?

I'm very frustrated at the rise in cost to $19.99 a month. Rebrandly started as a free service, though I believe they made some money off the sale of the domains to be used for the short links. As a fairly early adopter, I was "grandfathered" in to a free account. I didn't necessarily expect it to stay free but neither did I expect it to jump to 20 bucks. Recently I decided to add short links to a second website. I wish I'd never done it, because it ended my days as a grandfathered free user . I really love the service, but am beginning to doubt whether it's truly worth $20 a month to me, on top of the many, many other "small" expenses involved in running my e-commerce website. At half the price, I wouldn't be hesitating. But $20 is far too high in my book.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Consider the cost, and decide if having a custom short link is going to benefit you enough to warrant $20 a month outlay. It doesn't sound like much, but when added to the heap of other must-have apps and programs a self-supporting website runner is supposed to come up with on a monthly basis, it's definitely another chunk. 2) Choose your short URL well. It's going to represent you, and should be able to cover all aspects of your business, unless you want to have multiple short URLs, which could get expensive.

I use my custom short link domain to create links for all my social media, making each memorable and intuitive so people don't need to remember a cumbersome URL. If I want to send out a link to an interesting article to my mailing list, I use it as well, keeping my brand in front of them. To highlight a specific product, I will often make a short link incorporating the name of the product. It just keeps things in plain language instead of long URL strings, and I think that's much easier for people. It's certainly easier for me.

Rebrandly review by <span>Sue B.</span>
Sue B.

Rebrandly is Perfect for Building Your Personal Brand

What do you like best?

At a time when Bitly's credibility took a nosedive, I looked for an alternative. I like that Rebrandly is specifically geared towards building your brand. It's easy to set up and use and has an attractive clean UI and good analytics. I started with a new short link and made a compromise between keeping low character count and using a recognisable name this time ...I think that's better for credibility because people have grown wary of unrecognisable short links.

What do you dislike?

It's a shame that Rebrandly is not integrated with BufferApp because I like being able to schedule updates. To be fair my gripe is more with Buffer for only supporting Bitly than it is with Rebrandly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to get a domain that can be recognised as connected to you, even if you have to sacrifice a few characters from your Twitter posts.

It's getting harder to build brand visibility and a branded shortlink can help. Plus it tidies up messy links, especially good for lists of resources.

Rebrandly review by <span>Darren O.</span>
Darren O.

It fills in perfectly

What do you like best?

Perfect branded URL shortener for SMB. We don't worry about having to many rebranded URLs, and to brand a URL is simple to do.

What do you dislike?

Not quite fully ready with stats. Also, with Bitly being ingrained so deeply with so many different services, I will be excited when I can choose Rebrandly integration to eClincher, Crowdfire, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to step into using Rebrandly as the price is right, and you don't need to worry about running into headaches. The team has been super responsive, and they have similar passions for solid online analytics.

having branded URLs allows a level of trust we have been looking for ourselves and for the clients.

Bitly constantly had reminders warning us we needed to upgrade, but the issue is that the pricing for Bitly goes directly to Enterprise level support. The Small and Medium sized businesses end up getting ignored with this model and many of the clients I serve are not served. This also includes our own needs, and with there being such a huge niche of Small Businesses that could use this, it is nice to see Rebrandly step in to fill this need.

We had even considered stepping in to fill this need, but we would rather fill other needs.

Rebrandly review by <span>Ebony S.</span>
Ebony S.

Great tool for advertising!

What do you like best?

I like being able to brand the urls to create a shorter link that will fit into different social media for our landing pages. I also like being able to track the analytics of a specific URL to track the success of different campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I don't quite need it popping up every time a type a url because it can be distracting. I recommend being able to click the button and then scanning the page for urls and asking if I want to rebrand them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the chrome extension

Shortening links which allows me to add more content and provide more value.

Learning about Rebrandly?

* We monitor all Rebrandly reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Rebrandly to Similar Solutions