Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server)

4.0

Red Hat's open software solution for scale-out network-attached storage lets you manage exponential data growth at a fraction of the cost of other storage solutions.

Work for Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server)?

Learning about Red Hat?

Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server) Reviews

Showing 5 Red Hat reviews
Red Hat review by Guillermo Y.
Guillermo Y.

" virtualized storage red hat gluster server."

What do you like best?

What I like about red hat gluster server is the ability to manage storage defined by software and tasks of great importance and capacity as backup and archiving, in addition to being scalable for virtual environments and adapting to small storage solutions.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that the recommended platform for network hat gluster server are the containers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend other storage administrators to try this platform due to its low costs and the benefits of virtualization.

Red Hat Gluster Server helps me implement and centralize storage solutions in small projects and manage and manage data from the cloud, in addition to scalability and merging with other storage solutions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server)
Red Hat review by Ramón Giovanny C.
Ramón Giovanny C.

"It's amazing service from storage server"

What do you like best?

I always use this excellent service to establish support in development and testing environment for my clients and students in class

What do you dislike?

there are few things I can say I do not like this service, but for testing when you are making a massive load, or by connecting servers have some latency.

The free trial services like openshift generates conflict when services are used in different accounts THROUGH the same browser, confusion is generated in the service and can cancel your account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is always important to keep a backup in a controlled before implementing changes in production environment, this platform provides all the necessary support to maintain and control your development tools.

I can establish a supportive environment for my projects and perform real-time tests and my clients can monitor it

What Hybrid Cloud Storage solution do you use?

Red Hat review by Harsh P.
Harsh P.

"Very good, but not the best"

What do you like best?

Overall had a good experience with Storage Server, but you could honestly do better. The options they offer are basic with any service, but you might be able to find a better deal if you do some research.

What do you dislike?

Options are good, but too many options make things difficult. Easy to get confused on what you need without having to rely on support or go do further research in to the matter.

we are solving our ability to do work, our ability to multitask, and our ability to automate a lot of our processes. we have realized that we need to do a better job training people.

Red Hat review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Gluster Review"

What do you like best?

- Open Source Software (OSS)

- scalable network filesystem

- uses common off-the-shelf hardware

- excellent of distributed storage

What do you dislike?

- object storage support

- integration issues

- documentation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product is good. Need some linux + storage geek to set it up. Once you do it rocks!

- Network storage

- Distributed storage

Red Hat review by Sotir N.
Sotir N.

"Red Hat Gluster Server"

What do you like best?

There are small server requirements. The interface is mostly coding,

Thanks to this server software, you can always have access to your files from anywhere

What do you dislike?

More graphical environment, Little information has lessons

Recommendations to others considering the product

More lessons how it's done

remote access to your files

Learning about Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server)?

* We monitor all Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.