Shift

Shift is an email client designed to help switch between multiple mail, calendar, and drive accounts.

Work for Shift?

Showing 13 Shift reviews
Shift review by <span>Kristen N.</span>
Kristen N.

So awesome

What do you like best?

O Auth usage allows for seamless active multiple log ins on various platforms. I use it for 6 Gmail accounts, 2 Slack channels, AWS, Asana, Trello, Basecamp, GitHub, Stripe, Facebook messenger, Google Hangouts, and Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

It's a tad pricy to get everything I want out of it. It's $100/year. But you know what - I'll eat that cost. Whatever. I can keep all my project management and communication channels open and get alerts/push notifications in one spot while working. I don't lose track of the variety of ways I receive info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price might be an issue, but seriously, if you're logging into a million places every day, it's a life saver. I no longer cringe when a developer suggests using a new Slack account, or feel like I have to dig around for integration-between-apps solutions that tend to just clutter my feeds with repetitive info. I'm not losing track of information.

I don't lose track of the variety of ways I receive info. As a data / IT manager, I'm working in a lot of platforms to make things work for our organization. Being able to log into one space every morning and get my alerts and notifications there is so helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shift
Shift review by User in Marketing and Advertising

An Efficient Platform

What do you like best?

This platform makes it easy to consolidate any accounts that you may have. It also works well if you have businesses that you need to import information to and from. Using this platform with more than five accounts can slow the process at times, however it beats having to constantly sign in to other accounts from the main google platform.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the glitches in the system that make it slower once emails come in. This can probably be fixed with a little more developer coding. It is not the worst of problems for a new program but I enjoy the benefits of being able to leave feedback. As more customers use this platform and find out about it, the feedback will really help the app grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your accounts in Gmail online are organized in a manor that you would like before signing into these accounts through Shift. The platform does it's job, however as the user, you are responsible for the incoming data that the platform receives.

It makes it easy for me to organize my thoughts for different pieces of my day. All of the current information needed to efficiently organize a company can be completed through this service. The full search that is located among all the accounts is a very useful feature. Please note that it sifts through the current incoming emails and emails it hosts on your computer server. Sometimes this feature works better than if you have to search through multiple google accounts online.

What Email solution do you use?

Shift review by <span>Kristi M.</span>
Kristi M.

Seems great but support is horrible

What do you like best?

The seamless integration for multiple Google email accounts and calendars. The ability to add extensions like Grammarly, LastPass, Etc.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is HORRIBLE. Discount codes don't work. No free trial period. Client reviews are not very great. Always seems to be an issue with the system that requires updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On the surface - this could be a really platform but it would benefit Shift and the client to offer a full trial, even if it's 7 days. Also, better customer support. Constantly has issues that require updates.

Seemless integration with Google accounts so avoid having to keep multiple screen opened.

Shift review by <span>Zdeněk H.</span>
Zdeněk H.

Useful tool for Google services users

What do you like best?

Multiple fast switchable Google accounts in one environment. LastPass support. Possibility to integrate Twitter, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Feedly or LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

Lack of internal web-browser. Not all Chrome extensions available. Not all Google services available (for example Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple Google accounts you use everyday, Shift is a tool that will make your life easier.

I have two main GSuite accounts. As a web consultant I have also access to many different Google Analytics. It is a real pain to go from one account to another all day long. Shift has made it little easier.

Shift review by <span>Chris A.</span>
Chris A.

Satisfied user.

What do you like best?

Shift gets my email out of my browser, and bundles them all together in a place all their own.

What do you dislike?

All the things that niggled me were fixed or changed by the time version 2 rolled out, which is surprising given that most software doesn't work until version 3!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shift facilitates your rationalising your desktop and workflow. The calm this can create is worth every penny.

My main wins are decluttering and sensible grouping. Having one taskbar icon for EMAIL is so much nicer than buried Chrome tags and rogue windows.

Shift review by <span>Fiona R.</span>
Fiona R.

Love it!

What do you like best?

I love the integration of almost everything I need.

What do you dislike?

There are still some glitches (like right now, formatting in emails) and some app integration that I'd love. But, I'm sure Shift is on top of this :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really get what you pay for with the premium...

Mainly I save time and feel less scattered (fewer web browsers open, etc).

Learning about Shift?

* We monitor all Shift reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories