Shift

Shift is an email client designed to help switch between multiple mail, calendar, and drive accounts.

Work for Shift?

Ask Shift a Question
Showing 15 Shift reviews
Shift review by Marco M.
Marco M.

"One place to rule them all"

What do you like best?

Jokes apart, Shift is one amazing software. It groups your Google apps into a single software that allows you to save time and clicks to reach what you're looking for. While typing an email, you might want to check your Calendar, attach a file on your Drive, check your Keep notes. Now try to think if you had to do it in your browser. It would require you to open a tab for each service. With Shift, instead, you do everything on a single window.

What do you dislike?

Shift is a free software but to take the most out of it, you have to pay for it. The free tier doesn't let you use all the Google services and appends to every email "Sent with Shift". Those are the only drawbacks of the free version, while the Pro version has every bell and whistles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shift is a great application, even in its free tier, if you prefer having an app to check your email, rather than using your browser. But when you go Pro, that's when Shift really releases its full potential. You'll notice the quality of Shift as soon as you use it, and you won't regret going Pro! I truly recommend it.

Shift simplified our communication with customers, allowing us to quickly check appointments, notes and files before or as we write an email.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shift
Shift review by Kristen N.
Kristen N.

"So awesome"

What do you like best?

O Auth usage allows for seamless active multiple log ins on various platforms. I use it for 6 Gmail accounts, 2 Slack channels, AWS, Asana, Trello, Basecamp, GitHub, Stripe, Facebook messenger, Google Hangouts, and Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

It's a tad pricy to get everything I want out of it. It's $100/year. But you know what - I'll eat that cost. Whatever. I can keep all my project management and communication channels open and get alerts/push notifications in one spot while working. I don't lose track of the variety of ways I receive info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price might be an issue, but seriously, if you're logging into a million places every day, it's a life saver. I no longer cringe when a developer suggests using a new Slack account, or feel like I have to dig around for integration-between-apps solutions that tend to just clutter my feeds with repetitive info. I'm not losing track of information.

I don't lose track of the variety of ways I receive info. As a data / IT manager, I'm working in a lot of platforms to make things work for our organization. Being able to log into one space every morning and get my alerts and notifications there is so helpful.

What Email solution do you use?

Shift review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"An Efficient Platform"

What do you like best?

This platform makes it easy to consolidate any accounts that you may have. It also works well if you have businesses that you need to import information to and from. Using this platform with more than five accounts can slow the process at times, however it beats having to constantly sign in to other accounts from the main google platform.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the glitches in the system that make it slower once emails come in. This can probably be fixed with a little more developer coding. It is not the worst of problems for a new program but I enjoy the benefits of being able to leave feedback. As more customers use this platform and find out about it, the feedback will really help the app grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your accounts in Gmail online are organized in a manor that you would like before signing into these accounts through Shift. The platform does it's job, however as the user, you are responsible for the incoming data that the platform receives.

It makes it easy for me to organize my thoughts for different pieces of my day. All of the current information needed to efficiently organize a company can be completed through this service. The full search that is located among all the accounts is a very useful feature. Please note that it sifts through the current incoming emails and emails it hosts on your computer server. Sometimes this feature works better than if you have to search through multiple google accounts online.

Shift review by Kristi M.
Kristi M.

"Seems great but support is horrible"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration for multiple Google email accounts and calendars. The ability to add extensions like Grammarly, LastPass, Etc.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is HORRIBLE. Discount codes don't work. No free trial period. Client reviews are not very great. Always seems to be an issue with the system that requires updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On the surface - this could be a really platform but it would benefit Shift and the client to offer a full trial, even if it's 7 days. Also, better customer support. Constantly has issues that require updates.

Seemless integration with Google accounts so avoid having to keep multiple screen opened.

Shift review by Zdeněk H.
Zdeněk H.

"Useful tool for Google services users"

What do you like best?

Multiple fast switchable Google accounts in one environment. LastPass support. Possibility to integrate Twitter, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Feedly or LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

Lack of internal web-browser. Not all Chrome extensions available. Not all Google services available (for example Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple Google accounts you use everyday, Shift is a tool that will make your life easier.

I have two main GSuite accounts. As a web consultant I have also access to many different Google Analytics. It is a real pain to go from one account to another all day long. Shift has made it little easier.

Shift review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Satisfied user."

What do you like best?

Shift gets my email out of my browser, and bundles them all together in a place all their own.

What do you dislike?

All the things that niggled me were fixed or changed by the time version 2 rolled out, which is surprising given that most software doesn't work until version 3!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shift facilitates your rationalising your desktop and workflow. The calm this can create is worth every penny.

My main wins are decluttering and sensible grouping. Having one taskbar icon for EMAIL is so much nicer than buried Chrome tags and rogue windows.

Shift review by Fiona R.
Fiona R.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love the integration of almost everything I need.

What do you dislike?

There are still some glitches (like right now, formatting in emails) and some app integration that I'd love. But, I'm sure Shift is on top of this :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really get what you pay for with the premium...

Mainly I save time and feel less scattered (fewer web browsers open, etc).

Shift review by Mandil P.
Mandil P.

"Works great with Google Mail"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can switch between my personal Gmail and my work Google enterprise account.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a browser option in there so my in-email links could open directly.

Switching between work and personal email is important, and Shift is great for it.

Shift review by Christian P.
Christian P.

"Love the interface of this app"

What do you like best?

Shift is very easy to use and you do not have to pay for it to use, up to two gmail accounts.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that its a yearly subscription and not a one time fee.

Easy to shift between emails

Shift review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"A true increase to productivity"

What do you like best?

I love how the app is standalone compared to my browser based Gmail account. It also includes all my Google apps that would otherwise take up tabs in my browser.

What do you dislike?

Very little, adding new accounts doesn't always go smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No doubt that this product will help your business and personal life.

Productivity loss by using browser based email clients, calendars etc.

Shift review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Very good email app"

What do you like best?

Its a very clean desktop app - works great for my multiple personal and work gmail accounts.

What do you dislike?

Would love to have all emails in one place (i.e. like exists in Apple Mail).

Not really trying to solve any problems, but it meets my needs - clean, simply way to use gmail on my laptop without using the webmail service.

Shift review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Productivity in one place"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having a separated space from my browser to handle email as well as some messenger services in one space. It saves window space and resources and helps me check things more quickly.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more apps/extensions and more visual customization.

Optimizes my time, helps me keep track of what services I need to check often.

Shift review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Once you get in the habit you will be hooked "

What do you like best?

80% of you the apps you use all in one place

What do you dislike?

there are apps like buffer I wish it supported

Recommendations to others considering the product

make it more seamless in linux

Just haveing a bazillion different accounts that i have to scroll from one to the next

Shift review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Shift Review"

What do you like best?

Like the interface of having profile photos for each account. Also like the easy-access icons for other apps.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to see if there are notifications for other apps unless I'm paying attention

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would love additional apps like Scribblepost and Freshdesk.

Email, calendars and social for several accounts.

Shift review by User

"Great, with a few minor inconveniences "

What do you like best?

Clean interface, multiple accounts in one app

What do you dislike?

Cmd+click doesn't work. Would like to see integration with password managers like Dashlane

Centralized email, calendar. No more multiple browser tabs open at once. No more separate windows for Slack, dropbox, etc.

Learning about Shift?

* We monitor all Shift reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories