REDCap

REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases.

Work for REDCap?

Learning about REDCap?

REDCap Reviews

Ask REDCap a Question
Showing 101 REDCap reviews
REDCap review by Prince Tafadzwa K.
Prince Tafadzwa K.

"Make your survey with RedCap"

What do you like best?

RedCap is one of the few open source survey tools available today that protects sensitive and private data. Both you the user/administrator and people completing the survey are assured your work is protected online.

Also, I like RedCap because it suits me in my research work as it is specifically designed for research data. It is also browser based thus you can complete it without the need of looking for another software.

What do you dislike?

RedCap is specifically designed for institutions thus it might be a little troublesome setting it up on an individual capacity. Installation of RedCap requires a bit of technological know how making it difficult for people without much of this knowledge getting stuck on installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A little bit of technical know how is needed for dealing with the installation and implementation of RedCap. Also, keep in mind that it works perfectly for research purposes and might not be the best for other types of surveys e.g. commercial.

I write medical articles and on some occasions I have to conduct surveys asking how certain medication is being received by patients. I use RedCap for my surveys and due to its intuitiveness, I am able to come up with right responses which help me in writing flowing, informative and educative articles.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about REDCap

"REDCap Review"

What do you like best?

REDCap provides all the features necessary for research purposes. I can generate a report of all the fields I want and it would be updated in real time. REDCap also provides a mobile application for conducting surveys, which can store offline data on the local device as sand it to the master database as well. This is really helpful for data collection as people may not always have a stable internet connection when taking the survey.

What do you dislike?

REDCap, being open source, does not have amazing customer support. Also, the surveys cannot be entirely customized according to needs. You cannot implement CSS for aesthetic improvement. Also, the types of fields available are not always sufficient.You cannot insert custom validation for any fields, and the default validation options provided for text fields isn't widely used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely use REDCap if you need real time reports with customized fields. This is very helpful for vast projects. If you want spectacular aesthetics, you should avoid REDCap as the default UI isn't really appealing and you cannot append CSS or Javascript codes to make changes to it. REDCap mobile application is very beneficial for offline as well as online data collection.

REDCap is used for collecting survey data from customers. Complex branching logic can be implemented very easily with the drag and drop feature. REDCap Mobile application is widely used for data collection on an offline as well as online basis.

What Survey solution do you use?

View Original

"RedCap Not Making Me Red in the Face "

What do you like best?

There many options with this type of survey tool and with different clients requiring different options, it is helpful to have choices.

I like that Red Cap is one of the few open source tools that cares about data - specifically sensitivity and tries to protect your data. It's also free for not for profit groups, whcih we are so that is valuable. It allows us to customize the questions and thus, the answers we receive.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the tool may necessitate a call to IT or to someone who uses it often. It did take some time to get situated. It is fairly easy to use once you have it figured out. And you have to have a basic understanding of the types of questions and what types of answers you want - in order to effectively select the type of questions you want. If you aren't familiar with the types of questions, it can get difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to think about the questions you are asking so you know what tools to use. Talk to people who have used it to get a sense for what you might need to put thought into.

We have a lot of groups who all want information and data in a different format. This allowed us to have them ask questions and glean what they needed without interfering with some of the more strategic business needs the larger organization required.

REDCap review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Efficiency of REDCap"

What do you like best?

I love how REDCap lets you build a database that is HIPAA compliant. For the research projects that I complete, once the database is built, any student can easily navigate the system to add data from patients or surveys.

What do you dislike?

REDCap can be complex to use and there is not a lot of user-guides or manuals out there for designing and creating a survey or database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

REDCap is a great tool to use, it will just take time to become familiar with the software and how to best utilize it for your research needs / focus.

REDCap centralizes all of your data and information so it eliminates the need for having multiple files with patient information on it.

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great place for data storage and research productivity"

What do you like best?

I like that this is a relatively simple, fully customizable database software that allows freedom to conform to the ways in which I conduct research.

What do you dislike?

Seeing how this is in development, there is room for improvement. With that being said, it is great for what it is at the time. I think that this software could be improved by a more logical layout and diction for the buttons that are used in creating different sections of a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this because it saves a lot of time in data analysis because it is able to automatically create data reports that give great starting points for complex data analysis.

We are solving databasing complications by diverting it all into one place and allowing for auto-population using surveys that are allowed to be sent out to participants of the study.

REDCap review by Taylor M.
Taylor M.

"RedCap Review"

What do you like best?

I loved that REDCap gave me the ability to see all other appointments that my participants had completed. I was in charge of Fitness Consults and it was very helpful to see if they had completed a health screening or a nutrition consult, prior to coming to see me. It allowed me as a provider to better serve them and use previous experience to create a more personalized environment and really engage with each person directly. It made participants feel as though I did my research on them.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that I disliked about REDCap was when you were searching for a specific person. If you were searching using first name, last name, date, etc. it would populate lots of different results. There was no additional ways to filter through this information except to choose each one individually and hope that you were correct. I thought this process could have been smoother. I also thought that the excel reports that you can export could use a bit of cleanup. Many reports were very confusing to understand the data at hand.

One of the main business problem that using REDCap solved was the ability for all members of our organizational team to view history and data on active and/or past participants. It allowed us to create a more personalized and professional environment where we were aware of all appointments that they completed to better serve them as providers.

REDCap review by Rana K.
Rana K.

"Useful in a research setting for those with or without data collection and analysis experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Having had no experience in data collection and analysis, I found it a very beneficial and effective tool. Further, it was beneficial to have all research data stored in one database and easily to retrieve.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, I found it slow and software may lag. I also had difficulty accessing support when I was trying to analyze my data in a different way than the software was allowing me.

The ability to store data in one database that is easy to retrieve, analyze, and showcase in a manner that makes sense to the end user. In research, it can be difficult to keep track of multiple endpoints. This tool simplifies this and can analyze data quickly (faster than having to enter data into an Excel worksheet, then work-out the statistical analysis).

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"Not Intuitive, but user friendy"

What do you like best?

I've been using RedCap for a number of years, first in about 2013 for survey building at a prior company, and am currently using it for program management. I find REDCap easy enough to navigate after you figure out where in the many links, is the task you're attempting to accomplish,

What do you dislike?

The one thing that peeves me is reviewing the tool, as your making it, specifically when I'm checking on branching logic. To me, that should be more easily accessible from the page where you build the tool, and not through the "manage instrument" section

REDCap makes it easy for me to build the tools, I need, and is generally easy to follow by staff members who I need to collect information from after it's built.

"REDCap review"

What do you like best?

Redcap is extremely user friendly. I have no coding experience whatsoever, and yet Redcap makes it possible for me to design surveys and interfaces for data management.

What do you dislike?

There is an extent to what you can do on Redcap, so extremely complex surveys may not be possible to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research all of the "tricks" to using Redcap. For example, there's piping, in which you can take an answer that a participant selected from a previous question and insert it into part of another question. You can also use html in Redcap to do things like indent, italicize, bold, underline, and change font size.

Redcap is our main source of data collection, data storage, and data organization and management. We use it not only for participants to fill out surveys, but for us to keep track of our own day to day research management tasks. This helps us to stay organized.

REDCap review by Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.

"Easy to learn software good for step by step database building"

What do you like best?

I really liked that there basic tutorials to teach you how to set up a database, based on what sort of information you wanted to capture. For example I administered cognitive assessments and I needed to capture scores of the various questionnaires I gave. It was very useful!

What do you dislike?

There wasn't a lot to dislike, but sometimes its hard to get multiple levels of data capture on one survey or questionnaire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the tutorials as it will be much easier than trying to figure it out right away on your own.

We solved problems around whether or not the scores of a various neuro cognitive assessment were validated. You could list the data as "yellow" which meant it still had to be verified, and had to be changed to green. Very useful for more accurate clinical trials research.

REDCap review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Redcap "

What do you like best?

I like Redcap's reporting capabilities and its record status dashboard, both of which provide a way to quickly review data based on a particular need as well as a means to easily identify potential documentation errors.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't tab through Likert-scale items that are made through bubbles to select like you can when you type in numbers and any other blanks (takes longer to enter the data and makes a big difference when you are entering a lot of data at one time). I also don't like that it is only online and subject to internet issues that make it go down sometimes rather than having a cloud based option where you could work offline then re-upload the newest forms when back online or something of that sort.

Redcap is very good for managing our very large dataset and going through to find the subset of data or even just one piece of data through its various search options and reports.

"steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

I like redcap well enough. It has a nice look to it, an ease of use for our participants and does a great job handling our data and storing it for us. we work in reasearch and input A LOT of information on a daily basis. Redcap helps make this process super simple.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to creating a project, redcap is very hard to deal with. Coming into this project as someone who had never used redcap, I had to take several classes (i.e. pay for classes) in order to learn how to use every tool that is at our disposal. Also, sometimes redcap is not the best with make a project easy to create. There is a lot of time you need to spend navigating the program before going forward and creating your own project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you should take some classes to get to know this program before going live with it.

REDCap not only stores our data, but it helps us organize it too. It is a great program once you get to know it

REDCap review by Guzyal G.
Guzyal G.

"Experience using REDCap for quantitative research data management"

What do you like best?

I like that it is 1. browser-based, 2.designed specifically for medical research data, 3. open-source (which makes it free). One of the most important features, however, is that it is secure and can be used to store sensitive and private data.

What do you dislike?

For an institution to install it, it takes a while to contact the developers and install it. Also, it requires the installation on the institutional server, which can be a hassle. Additionally, it doesn't support some of the languages fully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to assess the company's needs. REDCap is perfect for academic and research institutions, however, it may not be ideal for commercial projects. Also, it is important to have an IT team who would be able to deal with a technical side of product implementation

Once it was installed, we were able to quickly teach our staff and students to use it (short learning curve) and start conducting research studies using REDCap. It's very intuitive, so they were able to create databases and surveys quickly. Also, we don't have to worry about additional precautions to secure our data. Overall, it improved our data flow and quality.

"Easy to learn"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to learn. I had to teach myself project management, data management, and surveying at my last job using RedCap. I found the training videos to be a great support as I worked through the different activities. Now I am able to bring my skills to my current job, where we used RedCap to create an intake form and we use it to document department staff training.

What do you dislike?

Features are not universal; it depends on what your employee pays and supports.

When doing surveys, cannot add multiple, un-linked surveys to a single project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connect with local support team for assistance. Use the online tools and videos for training opportunities.

Intake survey we use to gather information about researchers at our hospitals.

"REDCap"

What do you like best?

We use REDCap to store patient data and it is very useful in terms of building reports and exporting data. I have been using it for about 3 years now and I am constantly learning more things about it that I did not know. I like that people can have different security settings so that you can restrict who can access which data and if it is deidentified or not.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the administrative controls - for example, that we cannot create projects without administrative approval. However, I understand that it is useful to keep track of which projects are going on and by whom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

We use it as a database to store our patient information and our clinical study information.

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"Relatively Difficult to Learn but Has Promising Features"

What do you like best?

REDCap provides a complete study-management suite, including archival of forms, tracking follow-up visits, sending emails, entering data, etc. It really is a one-stop-shop.

What do you dislike?

It is honestly difficult to learn and challenging to adapt to research studies that are NOT clinical trials. It would be great if there could be a behavioral study module where the clinical trial items are not even requested/set up, or if you could choose which items you'd like included. This may very well be possible, but I couldn't figure it out and although I still have access to the software, we have been using other shared-file means to keep track of research subjects/communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find someone in your workplace who uses this for research study tracking purposes, and get a study shell from them to adapt. Get some tips and tricks that may help you start your trial more quickly. Be sure to think about your trial design and lay it out before you start implementing the project in REDCap.

Tracking clinical trials. Those who know how to use it extensively appear to really benefit from all of the tracking, communication, and data entry features. If we conduct a clinical trial instead of just interviews/surveys/behavioral studies, I will try it again. I think using it would produce a huge time savings.

"Free and Secure"

What do you like best?

I like that for clinical research RedCap is a known secure online platform. The IRB, who reviews research studies, are aware of it and do not make you jump through as many hoops if you are using RedCap

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of customization beyond font size and colors for the actual survey interface that respondents see

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent choice if you want meticulous records of what was changed about the survey interface by co-collaborators. Although the survey interface has limited design function, the number of pre-existing answer templates and ease of adding logic to the survey make it worth it.

Secure way to collect data from study participants.

REDCap review by Cristell P.
Cristell P.

"Great for institutional requirements; could improve user-friendliness"

What do you like best?

I like that REDCap is used at my higher-ed institution and checks off all the institutional requirements. I like the ability to assign differen user roles and privileges as well.

What do you dislike?

My biggest con with using REDCap is that the interface isn't incredibly user-friendly.Sometimes it takes some trial and error to complete what youn set out to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to explore the interface as well as you can.

My organization conducts research in various arenas as well as through several projects. We are able to conduct research in a timely and satisfactory manner using REDCap. We can also have several users log into the same project without the necessity of sharing a username/password.

REDCap review by User

"REDCap as a Research Tool"

What do you like best?

This web-based research tool is HIPAA-compliant and secure, which assures protection from ethical violations when collecting research data. REDCap also offers a number of question types (such as direct data entry, multiple choice options, formula calculations, visual analog sliding scale) that make the resource suitable for many types of research projects.

What do you dislike?

Designing a research collection survey can be quite time-consuming until you understand ways to navigate the online system (i.e., REDCap could be more user-friendly to allow individuals to find necessary information more quickly and easily). REDCap also does not automatically save the data you input, so if you are idle for too long a period of time, REDCap logs you off but does not save your information. This feature is even more frustrating if you are collecting data from a research participant and the server/internet crashes, causing loss of all data on that page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though I have not attended one myself, REDCap tutorials are intermittently available at institutions that have purchased REDCap, which would likely help someone completely new to the system in becoming more efficient.

Because REDCap is HIPAA-compliant, we have been able to feel more secure in our data collection for research studies and primarily use this database for research data collection. As the data can be exported to Excel after collection, the tool provides additional flexibility for data analysis.

REDCap review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"User friendly, easy to manage, and easy access to projects your working on"

What do you like best?

I like RedCap because its very user friendly. I find that the program is very straight-forward and information for the project you are working on is easy to find. No more clicking a gazillion different things just to access your study. RedCap also has a section of help topics/videos that make it easy to learn anything you want about RedCap. Any projects or studies you design, can be easily implemented. You can also import/export data directly into any project in minutes. For me, managing the contact list of survey participants was right there. I didn't have to sift thru endless information to find what I was looking for. You don't have to worry about data loss and security as everything is autosaved and secured. When inputting data, at least for the project I was working on, alot of it was just checking boxes, or drop down menus or writing a short paragraph on each survey participant. Anything that required dates and times, there was always a pop up calendar and automatic slider set in military time or you could manually enter the information as well. When signing into RedCap, you are automatically taken to the project you are working on. There are tabs at the top that are organized into each section. Home, My Projects, Create New Project, Training Resources, Help & Faq and Send It. Using RedCap also helps lower costs of using a paper trail because mostly everything can be done online safely and securely. Overall, I really like RedCap and for the future studies I will be doing, RedCap will be incorporated as a tried and true great little software program.

What do you dislike?

Some of the niches of this program would have to be getting a user name and password. I'm sure it is different for everyone and the deciding factor is the company you work for. On my end, it took well over 3 weeks before I was given access. Which meant extra paperwork to keep every survey participant updated.

Sometimes, RedCap would lag a bit and maybe a few fine tuning and updates would fix the problem. On occasion, the program would just black out and shut down. In which I would just reload and sign in again and whatever happened would be fine again.

Overall, this software does have a few glitches and I did get frustrated when my data would have to be entered in again. But it was rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider everything you are doing for your project and weigh out the pros and cons. Do a trial run. Read and watch all the tutorials which are a big help. And ask, ask, ask questions if you have any. Don't sit in the dark.

We have incorporated RedCap for a fish consumption study called The Wisconsin Angler study. We use it to record data and stats on the survey participants. The benefits of this type of software make for a more user friendly experience and it also helps lessen the amount of paper that is used when doing a study. It was half and half for us. Survey participants still received and filled out the necessary paperwork, I collected the biological samples and then inputted my findings into RedCap.Its very beneficial when you have all your findings and information right there in front of you versus having to open several programs,sift thru paper folders,etc. To which another study I am doing requires 4 programs and lots of paperwork.

REDCap review by Natalie P.
Natalie P.

"The savior"

What do you like best?

I like how much you can do it it. It seamlessly keeps track of data, scheduling, and acts as a check for data entry. It has changed how I look at study design and is flexible in how you can use it.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit finicky. If something isn't done perfectly it can get a bit frusterating

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a lot of help, learning it can be tricky

It helps keep everything way more streamline

REDCap review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"User friendly survey tool"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the site is user friendly and intuitive in terms of how you would go about creating a survey.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't anything that I didn't like about it except that at times it was slow. But that could have just been due to my internet connection. I would love to see more features in terms of how I can visualize the results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great alternative to other survey platforms and also a great tool to use for data collection. When I was using it, it was free to academic institutions which was a plus.

I used REDCap to survey research investigators and memebers of IRB offices to gauge what are research needs and support in the community. From the survey results, our team was able to ideate new solutions on how to reduce regulatory barriers in research.

REDCap review by Jordan G.
Jordan G.

"Really complicated software for not that great of a product"

What do you like best?

REDCap is good because it's secure (e.g. maintains audit trails) and generally easy to use (i.e. you don't necessarily need to be a data wiz to use it).

What do you dislike?

Even though REDCap lets you automate some e-mails, a lot of it needs to be done manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what your experience in survey software is and what effort you want to put into your data collection software.

N/A

REDCap review by Paige R.
Paige R.

"Good for long surveys"

What do you like best?

skip patterns that worked well, lots of ways to answer questions, good for field work.

What do you dislike?

The program ran kind of slow at times, needed to resort to paper version of surveys twice over a few years of field research when something went wrong with redcap. Sometimes the skip patterns got a little 'tangled up' and it did require a bit of a learning curve and training with new employees.

a good way to collect data and anaylze data, it worked well for the most part for collecting data in the field and keeping it secure for future analysis.

REDCap review by Barbora (Baša) Z.
Barbora (Baša) Z.

"RedCap Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to export data is straightforward, organization of the software is user-friendly, ability to structure questionnaires in many different ways, and the option for internal versus external surveys.

What do you dislike?

Could benefit from an updated user interface. No other features of the program that I dislike.

Data collection and data entry for clinical research studies.

REDCap review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Research patient data registries in REDCap"

What do you like best?

REDCap's extensive and robust API interface is my favorite feature. I use it to automatically populate REDCap databases with data from multiple external sources and to sync inventory information stored in REDCap with our team's laboratory information management system.

What do you dislike?

The error messages in the API interface can be cryptic which makes troubleshooting difficult. Our group has also experienced occasional issues where data will not be saved appropriately and values need to be re-entered; these have been quite rare though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly suggest adopting REDCap. The community behind the software is excellent and useful features are frequently being added to the already mature solution.

I use REDCap to automatically create research patient data registries in a healthcare environment. REDCap provides a secure and extensible solution that allows us to safely and efficiently achieve this goal.

REDCap review by Michaela S.
Michaela S.

"RedCap review "

What do you like best?

That it is easy to create new forms and implement specialized questionnaires

What do you dislike?

Hard to edit forms once your project is already in production

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful to be able to collect data for a large sample and export data easily.

Beneficial to be able to send surveys to participants via email

"Easy and efficient"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for both designing the layout of data-capturing instruments, and for inputting actual data. It's also really easy to go through the records and check the data, as well as update the data.

What do you dislike?

Creating reports to visualize and organize the data in different ways is not intuitive. I wish it were a little simpler to do this.

We use REDCap to track information for participants in our research studies. It is an effective and easy-to-teach way to have multiple users entering data.

REDCap review by Melissa R.
Melissa R.

"Redcap is useful "

What do you like best?

I like to notification settings to notify me when someone has completed a survey

What do you dislike?

The organization and interface of redcap make it difficult to navigate.

we use redcap to distribute follow-up surveys via email to gather data

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"A platform for designing customized surveys for beginners and professionals "

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a user-friendly platform to design your survey with some professional features, REDCap is exactly what you are looking for. The user-friendly environment of the REDCap provides the opportunity to the users with zero programming skill to develop their desired survey. At the same time, if you have some programming skill and you are looking for a customized survey, REDCap will satisfy your needs. REDCap is great for a wide range of users.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, if you are planning to implement some special features, the REDCap community is the only place that you can get help. There is not enough help document for REDCap in their website. What's more, slow speed of the server and broken connections can sometimes bother you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting access to REDCap is not as easy as other platforms. You may need to consider the time-consuming process of becoming a REDCap user.

Health economics

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"REDCap provides a good online database for clinical trials"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about REDCap is the ability to have multiple collaborators working within a single database as well as the ability to personalize it with unique lists for each person who accesses a database. It is perfect for compiling entries from questionnaires from patients or for any other clinical trial information

What do you dislike?

Some of the development of templates is a little clunky. I find it sometimes difficult, not impossible, to create a reusable template that serves the needs I desire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to learn about all the tips and tricks REDCap has to offer to really unlock its full potential.

The main application I use REDCap for is the entry of data from patient clinical trial consent forms. I is perfect for inputting data that multiple people can access in a timely manner.

REDCap review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"REDCap does everything we need it to"

What do you like best?

REDCap is flexible enough to help us gather information from three rounds of interviews as well as handle data input for a systematic literature review as well. I have had to change the initial data collection instrument, after data has been input, and it has gone pretty smoothly. Moreover, people have come in and out of this project and have been able to learn the system quickly.

What do you dislike?

While REDCap is not difficult to learn, perhaps because it is a more complicated platform than, say, SurveyMonkey, it is less intuitive in terms of doing things are a "step up". Nonetheless, with a little help I have been able to do everything I need to. There is nothing about the program that drives me crazy.

We are using it for academic purposes. We are collecting qualitative data from patients over three periods of time, and using it for the systematic lit review, which will back up our primary research.

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"REDCap for Clinical Research"

What do you like best?

Great that it can be used for both longitudinal databases and cross sectional surveys

Simple to build data collection instruments

Easy to enter data and to complete surveys

Useful features such as validation and branching

Easy to export data into various software packages (SPSS, Stata, SAS, R, or just excel)

Secure and HIPAA compliant

What do you dislike?

Need to use another survey software for print surveys, which do not come out well using REDCap. It would be helpful if skip logic could be incorporated.

Additional survey features would be appreciated, such as sliders or heat maps, or more advanced logic that would bring survey participants to certain forms based on previous answers.

Branching logic is helpful, but clunky to use for complex surveys.

It could just be our institution, but customer service could be better. Or there could be better training resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for clinical research, and one of the only data collection software approved by our IRB. I would find another software if you need print surveys.

We use redcap to create CRFs for clinical research and quality improvement projects, and to create patient and family satisfaction surveys and employee evaluations. We no longer need programmers to create CRF forms, and can do it quicker and cheaper. It makes modifications much easier as well.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Digital storage and maintenance of data"

What do you like best?

RedCap has a digital app that can be installed onto tablets. Our research lab has installed RedCap onto tablets to collect data in the field. No Wifi is required. Data can be synced later once there is Wifi connection.

What do you dislike?

There's often software updates that impair the use of the RedCap mobile application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get RedCap trained before trying to use it for research purposes. RedCap has a lot of functions and it will take a long time to figure out by trial and error.

Able to collect data in the field and store data online on RedCap. Reduces usage of paper data collection. Enhanced security and confidentiality for research participants.

User in Research

"REDCap is a great tool for staying organized"

What do you like best?

REDCap makes managing large projects a lot easier. The best part is the calendar function and the ability to set a schedule for years to come. It's also great that you can create reports to look at your data as you go. It's a great way to stay organized.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this product. It took some time to learn, but it was pretty simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. It's very helpful in terms of keeping everything in one place.

I mostly deal with managing large projects. The benefits are that it keeps me on schedule and it's clear what is coming up next.

REDCap review by Yale K.
Yale K.

"Still a piece in motion. But totally functional. "

What do you like best?

I like that everything is extremely straightforward and easy to understand. Nothing is very fancy. It is basic and code-based with a lot of support available.

What do you dislike?

The appearance. Without a doubt, appearance is not pleasant. It's bare minimum stuff.

Sending out medical questionnaires to people around the globe. This program has a great feature for sending emails to people, mass emails or individual emails, and you can set when they go out and how many times in the future.

"REDCap is excellent!"

What do you like best?

REDCap was so easy and intuitive. It really helped start our research project and trial runs for how data would be collected and analyzed.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't anything that I disliked. Sometimes you had to work with the platform to gauge the desired flow of questions but overall very useful. Especially if this is running in the background of a research project delivery platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For research needs it was invaluable. I would definitely use it as it allows you to build and use surveys and analyze the data very easily.

Government subsidized grant to study diabetes interventions. It stored data from questions accurately and ran in the background of all our research question platforms.

"REDCAP Review"

What do you like best?

I worked with Redcap when I was an analyst at a research lab. I like the fact we could find information about our subjects in one place and track as much research about them in one spot.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to get used to it at first. I would say the learning curve

Tracking patient/subjects for research then we find out we can integrate it with other inhouse systems we had

"Redcap review"

What do you like best?

The fact we can use it on any computer makes everything easier

The survey answers are automatically taken into the analysis of results

What do you dislike?

It is not straight forward sometimes, could be easier

The installation is hard to do without someone who can help you installing it

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended

Doing research and surveys, patients like to use as they just need to click through button with easy survey interface

"Still learning "

What do you like best?

I love how all of your data can be stored completely and securely using one website. There are features that are really useful as well such as surveys or automated emails.

What do you dislike?

NOT easy to use or learn. For data entry, it seems to be pretty straight forward but learning all of the nuances and syntax can be very overwhelming and time consuming.

We use this for data collection and management for multiple research projects.

"RedCap Review"

What do you like best?

I like that you can design the questions however you want and that it exports into a readable format. I also like that it allows you to export with or without PHI. I also like that it tells you which pages on the survey are complete or which are incomplete by placing a little red, yellow or green dot next to the section.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't create your own numbering system to categorize entries. Like, if I want to have each participant be listed by their MRN or by a study-assigned number, I have to make that its own field.

Medical research on postpartum depression and postpartum hemorrhage

REDCap review by Kira G.
Kira G.

"Good for database management "

What do you like best?

RedCap is easy to navigate, making it very user friendly

What do you dislike?

Though it is easy to navigate, it is difficult to make adjustments to surveys

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be used for a multitude of things

Data entry, sending online surveys, exporting data

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Decent repository for survey data"

What do you like best?

RedCap is very user friendly and makes it easy for just about anyone to create and store data from a survey.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions are not adequate - specifically some of the functions related to skip patterns. I wish you could skip full sections as opposed to only single questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work!

Storage of survey data, data input by students, etc.

REDCap review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Used for Medical Information"

What do you like best?

I like that it's well laid out and easy to use

What do you dislike?

I don't have enough experience to have found things that I do not like too specifically.

Using to monitor medical practice information

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"RedCap is a must for research"

What do you like best?

It makes the entire process of entering data so much easier than if you had to keep track of everything through other programs or on paper.

What do you dislike?

It can get a bit tedious if you need to do more complicated types of research because it requires a lot of code

REDCap helps to keep data safe and organized. It also allows researchers to send out online surveys to participants through a singular link.

"Customizable and simplified"

What do you like best?

This software is easily customizable even by myself. I am a nurse and was able to tailor items to my research and data documenting needs.

What do you dislike?

Some things aren’t fluid at baseline. Some items don’t automatically carry over into other arms or not easily visualized from other fields.

Research and clinical trial documentation of partipant information. Automated surveys sent and saved in this program.

REDCap review by Dan F.
Dan F.

"Product Has Confusing User Interface but Many Features"

What do you like best?

There are so many features and ways to customize entering data for whatever you are compiling.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is incredibly confusing. The only reason I know what to do is because another coworker taught me. There is no way I would have been able to figure it out by myself.

Entering and exporting data is incredibly easy.

"REDCap Review"

What do you like best?

It's very easy for me to tell what data has been entered for our studies and what has not. I also like the option to mark something as incomplete so it's easy to go in and see what is missing

What do you dislike?

If we need to make an edit to our survey, we have to take it offline and wait for that edit so it can delay data entry. If someone doesn't know it's offline, then all the data they enter will go away and need to be reentered.

It is time consuming to create all the surveys. The branching tool could be improved a lot. It's a safe and secure place to store our studies data.

"Flexibility and User-friendly"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly nature of this program. I liked the intro videos and FAQs that guided you through usage. The fact that REDCap could be synced with excel, SPSS and others was very fast and easy! It made the research process much easier for the whole team.

What do you dislike?

The piping of our data was not very smooth. Provide better trouble-shooting for this please.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the educational videos on how to use the program.

The task at hand was using RedCap as a statistical software to organize data to look at health outcomes.

REDCap review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Product used to design, maintain, and control a database specific to a organization's needs"

What do you like best?

REdCap was used to design a database that tracked indicators of interest over time and allowed us to upload supporting documentation. Data was fairly easy to import into the system and export to Excel when needed. Status codes make it easy to track the completeness of the data and data was able to link to the organization's website.

What do you dislike?

Challenges with calculated fields were observed. For example, data fields that were calculated by RedCap could not be exported unless each individual data form was saved following a data import. This became cumbersome with a large dataset with many entries, so limiting the use of calculated fields is recommended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RedCap is fairly easy to use but I would take the time upfront to thoughtfully consider the design of your database so that it can meet your needs without a lot of changes being necessary down the road. Also, I would limit the use of calculated fields and use Excel or another tool to make calculations and then upload these fields to RedCap. This is a good way to check for data quality and limit any future export issues.

Using RedCap allowed our organization to manage and control data and link some of the data fields to our website, which was a great benefit. Outside data requests were often received and using RedCap made it easy to export the desired data and provide it to partners.

REDCap review by Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"A wonderful product in Research Organization"

What do you like best?

1. User friendly interface: the interface is pretty, simple to navigate through different sections. 2. Strong survey tool: I use REDCap for designing some surveys and it allows a lot of features including branching logic. Also it is easy to export survey data to different formats - great for analysts to use. 3. BI friendly: also a good BI tool. Data could be easily stored in relational database and warehoused through this software.

What do you dislike?

Not much... If I have to say something, then the development speed needs to accelerated. A lot of features are expected but the updating speed may be a little behind due to the limitation on the development team's size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great survey and research tool!

1. Clinical trails: I was collecting clinical trial data in my previous role. the charming feature about REDCap is that it empowers ppl from different department collaborate and review each other's work in the process of clinical data collection and transformation.

2. Survey entry and data analysis: I found it is easy to track and record data from multiple sources. We used double-input methods to minimize the input errors. After data entry, the RedCAP can automatically display some statistics with visualizations which are desirable to users to capture the insights quickly

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Redcap for research and academics"

What do you like best?

I have used this for large scale patient reported outcomes for a database or thousands of people and then also for small scale surveys and assignments for school. Not only is it easy to personalize, it is pretty user friendly and it is easy to extract information for research and result purposes.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it can freeze and when you refresh you lose all data on that page, it have not yet found a way to save as you go

it is great for large scale surveys and then its easy to extrapolate and manipulate information

"REDCap user review"

What do you like best?

i find it very user friendly, easy to learn and always adapting. and its web-based giving you access to your data anywhere. I also found it very easy to export data into statistical software programs.

What do you dislike?

As far as I remember, it is only available to university based institutions. Not sure if that is for funding reasons or for the expense of it but i think it could be more widely used it it was more widely available. there could be more question types such as one that weighs answers. And the incorporation of more standard validated survey instruments available as templates. (such as quality of life health surveys)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an many users on board! Some people fear learning a new system but is is very easy and very secure for data. However getting users on board form outside your institution requires a little more work and permissions since currently it is only available to certain business entities.

Clinical research questions: example we used it to collect data for a multi-site clinical drug trial as well as a registry for all our our clinical patients to look at cancer survivorship outcomes.

REDCap review by User

"Redcap for Data management"

What do you like best?

Redcap is a fairly simple system in which to keep all data in one place.

What do you dislike?

Redcap is not always self-explanatory and can be difficult to use.

We use REDCap for storing our research data- it is a good way to keep all the data in one place that can be easily accessed.

"RedCap is Decent"

What do you like best?

Central place for data entry and retrieval.

What do you dislike?

Complicated prongs for data entry. It can be hard to decide how to organize the data. But once you figure it out, it's easy. Must keep using it to have expertise. Not like riding a bike where you remember how to do it after not doing it for a while.

Solving the issue of access to data that has been collected. Benefits in that all can access it and you can easily give someone permissions to access and download it.

User in Research

"REally Great assessment and data management software"

What do you like best?

Really easy user interface on both the client and data manager sides

What do you dislike?

I do not like how I have to download all the date every time I want to run multivariate analyses and can't just set a filter date that takes into account only new data and merges with the data already downloaded for use.

Data management and collection

"Research Coordinator"

What do you like best?

Mostly easy to use, though some of the logic and piping can get visually challenging to view while building it out. Great for collaborative surveys and allowing more than one user to build a survey.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are limited though there are ways to work around it (which require a lot more work). Specifically the dropdown response is not available for 'select down'. I have submitted an email about this feature- it's on my wish list.

It would be nice if you could do more of a circular branching logic rather than having to recreate a new question for each branch. Qualtrics does the circular branching.

Overall layout and appearance is not easily navigable for user. Still a very flat format. Would be great to be able to change font format or even coloring on survey.

University-wide surveys to track university community engagement.

Administrator in Research

"REDCap in an Academic Research Informatics Setting"

What do you like best?

REDCap makes is very easy to create simple databases. It is great for online surveys and data collection using user friendly forms. It is very customizable and useful for a variety of projects.

What do you dislike?

You cannot create relational databases with REDCap.

We use REDCap for project tracking. It is a very convenient tool to use, but would benefit from it more if it had built in features to link tables.

"REDCap Survey Review"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is pretty friendly. For beginners, it is quite easy to use. There are some manuals that can help you along the way as well. I really like that REDCap allows for users to import/export data into spreadsheets. It is really helpful when collecting a lot of data.

What do you dislike?

REDCap just released their mobile app recently. This app still needs a lot of work. I found that it was pretty dysfunctional in its early stages. I was using it on an IPad. I haven't used REDCap since and resorted back to a more traditional way of conducting surveys. The online email survey for REDCap was fine, a little bit laggy but it worked well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on the mobile app. Improve speed.

I don't have any business problems I am trying to solve. I was using REDCap in a research setting.

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Detail oriented but help can be provided"

What do you like best?

I love how detail oriented the program is - really allows everything in my research to be captured.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to organize and create forms if you are not computer / tech savvy.

We are using redcap for research, so we have only seen benefits from the organizational flow from using it.

REDCap review by Ronnie B.
Ronnie B.

"Love REDCap!"

What do you like best?

Customizability, locally hosted, ability to interface with scripts, HIPAA-compliant, 21 CFR Part 11–capable, very versatile, constantly updating, excellent community (the REDCap Consortium)

What do you dislike?

Not the most intuitive interface, many options and capabilities make it daunting for some new users at first

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! And be sure to hire support personnel!

It's the most secure electronic data capture platform – I always recommend it to clients. :)

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to learn, user-friendly"

What do you like best?

The basics of RedCap are very intuitive, and I was able to fairly easily teach myself how to get started with building the tools I needed. Color coding, terminology, and database navigation are pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Finding help for more advanced issues wasn't as easy. I'd also like a way to test out a project without moving it into production mode. I'd like to be able to make edits, and see branching logic as it actually plays out instead of having to create a "practice" record.

Maintaining study data, simplifying data collection

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Medical Record Abstraction and Data Collection"

What do you like best?

I like that REDCap allows me to maintain data in a viewer-friendly format. I can also download all of my data in an excel sheet for easy analysis. There are many limitations to using and storing medical data, so I appreciate that I can restrict downloads to non-identifiable data and they also do date shifting for users with limited access. I also like that REDCap allows me to very specifically grant different levels of access for each person on each individual project, and you can vary individual access by project. It maintains the privacy that is mandated by the medical field.

What do you dislike?

I wish REDCap did more data corrections. I would like to be notified when there is an error in my data, or if REDCap would allow me to set criteria like that. It does allow you to set minimums and maximums for fields, but I would like a wider range of settings for each question. There is some flexibility with setting requirements and question logic, but I would like a wider range of those types of features and more logic arguments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this for large, survey-based studies or for keeping track of medical information securely on the internet.

We needed an electronic, secure place to store and share medical information. Because many of our studies involve multiple facilities in other states, it is incredibly convenient to have the information available securely on the web.

REDCap review by Administrator

"Great, HIPAA compliant resource"

What do you like best?

I love the data dictionary options so I can create variables as I see fit

What do you dislike?

I dislike the piping, I wish it were a little more intuitive

We are using REDCap as a repository for our PHI and eCRFs

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Export function to stat software. It reduces the time of re-organization of dataset.

What do you dislike?

I cannot link the IDs among projects. If we could do that, it would be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and secure database. Once your facility set up the server, other people don't need to pay for any fee. This is great system for student research projects. If user knows about the API, the REDCap will be extremely useful.

I have doing health science research. The REDCap provide us a secure database which I can access anywhere.

Administrator in Research

"Great product - highly recommended for online surveys. "

What do you like best?

REDCap is user friendly. Great way to create online questionnaires and send out links. Great technical support, quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Overall the product was great and no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

REDCap is a great tool it has been beneficial for our research team in our development and dissemination of online surveys.

We used RedCap for two public health online surveys. It was great to be able to share the link with ease and go to one location to export the data for review. Great product and very helpful for our purposes.

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"Good method for creating surveys "

What do you like best?

Easy to use software and overall versatile with regards to use.

What do you dislike?

Some features make it difficult to link to Facebook for screening surveys (e.g., doesn't make it easy to identify characteristics about the surveyed person)

Helps with recruitment and with storing data

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Meets it purpose, however not super visually appealing"

What do you like best?

My admin assistant uses this tool to make surveys for me to send out to meeting participants. She has showed me how to use the tool. It's fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Though the product does its job and is easy to use, it's not as visually appealing as some other survey tools (like Survey Monkey)

This tool is being used when I need to gather feedback about a meeting session or a quick way to ask questions to a big group

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Dynamic and User Friendly "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to design surveys and instruments and create surveys, and to attune the layout to the question. For example, the dichotomous question feature lends more dimension for data entry than your typical spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

The comment feature linked with each field does not have the option to alert users, or provide a listing of data discrepancies or missing data.

No problems. The benefit is in having a centralized, highly customizable hub for data management.

"RedCap"

What do you like best?

-easy to manage large amounts of data

-easy to extract data and upload to statistical software

-able to access remotely

-HIPPA compliant

-administrator controls who has access and what type

What do you dislike?

-the set up can be complicated in terms of adjusting the order and adding items

I have collected a large amount of data and stored it in RedCap for research purposes. RedCap is easily updated in a format that will be compatible with SAS and SPSS statistical programming, with little to no rectification needed.

REDCap review by User

"Easy to use data tracking tool"

What do you like best?

It is easily accessible from the web and secure for PHI.

What do you dislike?

The visualization capabilities are minimal.

It is really helpful for data tracking purposes in a research project context. It is also very user friendly.

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"Data management and collection made easy"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of things that could be a little better explained

We use redcap for data management and storage.

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"Good but depends on the project"

What do you like best?

its personalizable by project and needs. It can also hold a ton of info

What do you dislike?

its not very intuitive, it takes a lot of training

Multistate database capabilities and irb safe

"Great for data entry"

What do you like best?

I love this app because you can find it on mobile and on the computer. It is easy to set up an change.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are often software updates that impair us to use that app at times.

We use REDCap to administer surveys for all of our studies. I enjoy being able to navigate through all the studies via the REDCap website.

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I like that all the surveys can be programed to match the different types of surveys available

What do you dislike?

Could be more user friendly, sometimes hard to navigate

Inputting research surveys into a digital format for easy analysis

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Research Coordinator review of REDCap"

What do you like best?

Easy data extraction and analysis and ability to collect data across sites

What do you dislike?

Tedious to build data fields for lengthy questionnaires

We are able to streamline data analysis with less manpower with REDCap

REDCap review by Reena B.
Reena B.

"RedCap for residency surveys"

What do you like best?

I like that redcap is used frequently throughout the medical center; ease of use.

What do you dislike?

While using redcap is easy for me, some may not agree.

Recruitment surveys

REDCap review by G2 Crowd User in Government Administration
G2 Crowd User in Government Administration

"Manage your data!"

What do you like best?

Premier tools for supporting research efforts! You can create a data dictionary template easily. Easy to use web-based application for building and managing data entry. Analyze results at the end of the study easily.

What do you dislike?

Maybe so more advanced features and making it more streamlined. Many options and it van be confusing at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful program overall! It is great for large research projects.

Multiple research studies with many components. It helps with large data collection for all these studies and organizes it beautifully

REDCap review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The program made data entry easy and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

A better dashboard would improve the functionality of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several data management software systems. REDCap is among the best I’ve seen.

REDCap is allowing us to solve our data management problem. The software is approved for storage of HIPPA data at my organization. It allows us to run reports easily.

"It works very well."

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how much information it provides for each section. There are a lot of things that you can do specific for individual studies.

What do you dislike?

It can be really hard to change things after you have already put them into production.

We do a lot of surveys and questionnaires as well as data entry regarding a lot of patient information.

REDCap review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"RedCap is fine"

What do you like best?

Simplifies database creation and exports seamlessly to Excel and SAS

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Like that it's cloud-based, easy to use, and exports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the end calculations you plan on doing when setting up database

Allows for easy database creation without requiring Access skills or much of any other skills really.

REDCap review by User

"Great product with proper training "

What do you like best?

Write comments where to the point it can explain exactly what's needed

What do you dislike?

It's a little slow on iPad and takes time go to to next question. If you are not fond of gadgets you are in trouble as it works on any and every gadget

Collecting data is easy , time saved

"Recommend "

What do you like best?

Red can is user friendly and Setting up a project is quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

Design is plain and rather raw. Could be more modern.

I use redcap for research. Being able to log in anywhere and work on my data collection whenever I need has been helpful.

REDCap review by User

"Redcap - easy to learn, easy to use"

What do you like best?

It’s very simple drag and drop interface

What do you dislike?

Not a ton of flexibility in style and questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s easy to learn and has resources to help you learn more complicated things.

Survey research - redcap is easier for online surveys than other products we’ve tried

Administrator in Higher Education

"The right idea, but could use some refinement"

What do you like best?

It's online, it takes care of data entry.it keeps track of responses from participants and will automatically send reminders.

What do you dislike?

I thought the interface was a little non-intuitive - I sometimes struggled to find features because of the organization. The randomization was difficult to figure out as well. Just seems like things could be easier

I work in research. We are trying to understand how decision aids can be used to better osteoporosis care.

REDCap review by User

"Simple survey collections "

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple, it’s minimal designs does not distract users from the survey

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit too simple, looks old school

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are all about plain, simple, and to the point this is for you.

Find participants for research studies.

REDCap review by Dipan L.
Dipan L.

"I used redcap to capture research data for various clinical research studies in SCI and MS"

What do you like best?

Ease to set up as well as to use. Also how it saves data while off line.

What do you dislike?

Not being able advance program it to customize even further.

Easy to extract non-numeric and numeric data.

User in Research

"User friendly great technical support when needed"

What do you like best?

I found RedCap to be quite user friendly and easy to use for any level user.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, there were some technical kinks that had to be worked out (i.e. radio buttons that didn't work etc...) but it seems to have all been worked out now.

I used RedCap to enter survey instrument data, collect and store content analysis projects as well as to survey physicians for a qualitative study.

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellence in data storage"

What do you like best?

Easy to build and customize your own data storage

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much to dislike, but consider coloring in design

The need to store data that is secure and meets IRB needs is what REDcap brings to the table

REDCap review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Outdated"

What do you like best?

It is consistent and doesn't crash. I haven't had a problem with the reliability of the program.

What do you dislike?

It is not intuitive and the interface is outdated. It could use an updated layout.

We use this for data entry

"Secure survey software"

What do you like best?

Secure way to enter responses esp useful to gather responses from staff

What do you dislike?

Appearance of the customer interface could be improved.

gathering nominations from staff about best employee, other awards, feedback on changes in company structure

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to create and use"

What do you like best?

It is easy for others who do not know about REDCap to enter data into REDCap

What do you dislike?

It can take some practice to learn how to set up projects in REDCap.

Collecting and analyzing data

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good survey management software"

What do you like best?

Easy to sort answers and distribute surveys, good format for customers

What do you dislike?

No problems yet, easy to sort data and manage answers

Recommendations to others considering the product

fantastic software

used for data collection

"Very Helpful Product"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating and sending surveys

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things to dislike! We have a great system!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the different features, such as the skip features. There are so many options when creating a survey!

Communications with people around the state are made very easy!

REDCap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent platform for research "

What do you like best?

Ease of accessibility user friendly, safe place to store data

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to understand how to use various modules

Helps me in doing research. Stores all the data

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use survery and data entry tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, wide array of question choices

What do you dislike?

Double data entry only allows for selection of two individuals for the role in each project

Data collection and entry for research

"for research"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use redcap

What do you dislike?

Overall redcap is great and there is not much i dislike

medical research, easy to conduct anonymously

"RedCap "

What do you like best?

Nice graphics - wide variety of options for surveys

What do you dislike?

Sometimes not enough detail and hard to provide data for surveys

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

ARNP research questions, wide audience

REDCap review by User

"Redcap is gold standard"

What do you like best?

Gold standard for research. Secure and simple.

What do you dislike?

Not as great of a user interface as other surveys

Research data collection through surveys

"somewhat easy to use"

What do you like best?

ease of sending surveys, gathering feedback

What do you dislike?

hard to learn how to build survey from scratch

survey feedback, hearing voice of customer

Learning about REDCap?

* We monitor all REDCap reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.