REDCap

REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases.

Work for REDCap?

Showing 89 REDCap reviews
REDCap review by <span>Prince Tafadzwa K.</span>
Prince Tafadzwa K.

Make your survey with RedCap

What do you like best?

RedCap is one of the few open source survey tools available today that protects sensitive and private data. Both you the user/administrator and people completing the survey are assured your work is protected online.

Also, I like RedCap because it suits me in my research work as it is specifically designed for research data. It is also browser based thus you can complete it without the need of looking for another software.

What do you dislike?

RedCap is specifically designed for institutions thus it might be a little troublesome setting it up on an individual capacity. Installation of RedCap requires a bit of technological know how making it difficult for people without much of this knowledge getting stuck on installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A little bit of technical know how is needed for dealing with the installation and implementation of RedCap. Also, keep in mind that it works perfectly for research purposes and might not be the best for other types of surveys e.g. commercial.

I write medical articles and on some occasions I have to conduct surveys asking how certain medication is being received by patients. I use RedCap for my surveys and due to its intuitiveness, I am able to come up with right responses which help me in writing flowing, informative and educative articles.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about REDCap
REDCap review by <span>Tyler W.</span>
Tyler W.

Efficiency of REDCap

What do you like best?

I love how REDCap lets you build a database that is HIPAA compliant. For the research projects that I complete, once the database is built, any student can easily navigate the system to add data from patients or surveys.

What do you dislike?

REDCap can be complex to use and there is not a lot of user-guides or manuals out there for designing and creating a survey or database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

REDCap is a great tool to use, it will just take time to become familiar with the software and how to best utilize it for your research needs / focus.

REDCap centralizes all of your data and information so it eliminates the need for having multiple files with patient information on it.

What Survey solution do you use?

REDCap review by <span>Taylor M.</span>
Taylor M.

RedCap Review

What do you like best?

I loved that REDCap gave me the ability to see all other appointments that my participants had completed. I was in charge of Fitness Consults and it was very helpful to see if they had completed a health screening or a nutrition consult, prior to coming to see me. It allowed me as a provider to better serve them and use previous experience to create a more personalized environment and really engage with each person directly. It made participants feel as though I did my research on them.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that I disliked about REDCap was when you were searching for a specific person. If you were searching using first name, last name, date, etc. it would populate lots of different results. There was no additional ways to filter through this information except to choose each one individually and hope that you were correct. I thought this process could have been smoother. I also thought that the excel reports that you can export could use a bit of cleanup. Many reports were very confusing to understand the data at hand.

One of the main business problem that using REDCap solved was the ability for all members of our organizational team to view history and data on active and/or past participants. It allowed us to create a more personalized and professional environment where we were aware of all appointments that they completed to better serve them as providers.

REDCap review by User in Higher Education

REDCap review

What do you like best?

Redcap is extremely user friendly. I have no coding experience whatsoever, and yet Redcap makes it possible for me to design surveys and interfaces for data management.

What do you dislike?

There is an extent to what you can do on Redcap, so extremely complex surveys may not be possible to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research all of the "tricks" to using Redcap. For example, there's piping, in which you can take an answer that a participant selected from a previous question and insert it into part of another question. You can also use html in Redcap to do things like indent, italicize, bold, underline, and change font size.

Redcap is our main source of data collection, data storage, and data organization and management. We use it not only for participants to fill out surveys, but for us to keep track of our own day to day research management tasks. This helps us to stay organized.

REDCap review by <span>Lindsey M.</span>
Lindsey M.

Easy to learn software good for step by step database building

What do you like best?

I really liked that there basic tutorials to teach you how to set up a database, based on what sort of information you wanted to capture. For example I administered cognitive assessments and I needed to capture scores of the various questionnaires I gave. It was very useful!

What do you dislike?

There wasn't a lot to dislike, but sometimes its hard to get multiple levels of data capture on one survey or questionnaire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the tutorials as it will be much easier than trying to figure it out right away on your own.

We solved problems around whether or not the scores of a various neuro cognitive assessment were validated. You could list the data as "yellow" which meant it still had to be verified, and had to be changed to green. Very useful for more accurate clinical trials research.

REDCap review by <span>Jennifer C.</span>
Jennifer C.

Redcap

What do you like best?

I like Redcap's reporting capabilities and its record status dashboard, both of which provide a way to quickly review data based on a particular need as well as a means to easily identify potential documentation errors.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't tab through Likert-scale items that are made through bubbles to select like you can when you type in numbers and any other blanks (takes longer to enter the data and makes a big difference when you are entering a lot of data at one time). I also don't like that it is only online and subject to internet issues that make it go down sometimes rather than having a cloud based option where you could work offline then re-upload the newest forms when back online or something of that sort.

Redcap is very good for managing our very large dataset and going through to find the subset of data or even just one piece of data through its various search options and reports.

Learning about REDCap?

* We monitor all REDCap reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.