Redfin

3.8

Redfin is full-service, local agents who get to know you over coffee and on home tours, and we use online tools to make you smarter and faster.

Work for Redfin?

Learning about Redfin?

Redfin Reviews

Showing 22 Redfin reviews
Redfin review by Michaela P.
Michaela P.

"Great App to Search for Your Future Home"

What do you like best?

I started using Redfin when I was first looking for our new home. I just downloaded it to my phone and on weekends we would drive around the neighborhoods and look for open houses using the app. It was that easy. I could just save the homes I liked as favorites and would get instantly notified if the status of the home changed. We have also used a Redfin agent to help us with the closing process and he was so fast and responsive that we could not believe it. The document signing takes place online, so you don't actually have to meet with the agent every time you want to make a change to the documents. I highly recommend Redfin. It's the company to go to when you're searching for your home or even investment properties.

What do you dislike?

I do not really remember anything that I can point out here. As I said before, I totally enjoy using the Redfin app. Sometimes I just browse homes for sale in an area where I want to invest and it's super easy to use. Nothing to complain about just yet after more than 2 years of using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the Redfin application if you are searching for new homes or investment properties. It saves a lot of time. You can just drive in your target neighborhood and check out houses for sale and those with open houses. If you want to schedule a tour, you can add a couple of houses in your list and contact the Redfin agent that will schedule the tour for you. I'm not connected with Redfin in any way. I just love using the app. I also use Zillow and I really like them both. They both offer something little different, so I like to complement one to another all the time.

Currently I am trying to find properties for investment. Redfin is very easy to use and can help me quickly locate and assess the properties. I can select my favorites and watch if anything changes in their status.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Redfin
Redfin review by Kyle F.
Kyle F.

"Great for comps... but not located in some areas!"

What do you like best?

I love using RedFin to find comparable properties and an estimated value of houses I'm trying to purchase. The best part about the product is the mapping software you can use to map out where comparable properties have sold, which increases my accuracy 10-fold.

What do you dislike?

The only issue is the fact that they are not located in some neighborhoods that I buy homes in, but they should be coming soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, highly recommended and use it often as it updates almost hourly with MLS listings.

I am finding comparable properties a lot easier with their software and systems.

What Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Listing solution do you use?

Redfin review by Heather F.
Heather F.

"See listings appear before any other site!"

What do you like best?

The app for Redfin is superior to any of the other home-buying and selling apps. This is what sets it apart. In a market that is so fast-paced and crazy, it is important to be able to access listings on the go and that means from cell phones. I found that the listings were showing up a full day before many other sites, which can make or break a deal.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked about Redfin. It is easy to use and that is the most crucial aspect of an app and website that gets so much traffic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this program - you won't regret it. It is helpful to agents and buyers in making sure everyone has access to the listings and all of the information that goes along with those listings. In an up market, it is important to be as accessible and informative as possible. Users are wanting to have everything at their fingertips all of the time, and Redfin gives it to them.

Redfin makes it super easy to share listings in a visually appealing way and on a platform that is user friendly.

Redfin review by Jonathan O.
Jonathan O.

"Looking for my first home and Redfin seems to be one the most user friendly platforms for searching"

What do you like best?

I like the User Experience the best when using Redfin. It is simple to use and to jump to certain areas for searching for certain homes I am looking for. I am a first time buyer and Redfin seems to have the best pictures and a lot of options where I am looking. It seems pretty up to date and I like being their estimate if the home is listed above or below market comparables.

What do you dislike?

They are not in all areas yet. They have big gaps when it comes to location. Not sure how quickly they are expanding. So I have to go to other platforms if they don't carry that area.

I can see what is on the market and get a good sense of the property and price.

Redfin review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Useful tool for monitoring new and existing listings"

What do you like best?

I had previously set up a search for new listings based on specific criteria. The email would arrive first thing in the morning and I'd be right up to speed on the latest info on the local market. Perfect for beating others out to see new listing properties.

What do you dislike?

The website can be erratic in sending out emails. I had been receiving daily emails for years based on a search that I set up. The emails now come in, but just randomly. It's no longer a dependable source for daily new info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good starting point for a market overview of what's on the market. Easy to use by being able to narrow down a desired territory. But be cautious on relying on the daily email notifications since they can be sporadic and . unreliable,

I was able to find my own home using the daily notification for new home listings. I also use it to keep track of changes in the local market pricing and sales activity for the residential market. And it's come in handy for uncovering new listings for a few clients well before they were advertised elsewhere.

"Redfin"

What do you like best?

I'm not a fan of redfin as a real estate professional.

What do you dislike?

It is very gimmicky. It is all about saving the buyer or seller money. However, this takes away from the professionals that are trying to make a living out there. It is basically like what Uber did to taxi cab drivers. Unless you have a long standing relationship with a realtor why would you choose to pay the standard fees when you could do a discounted transaction. However, I believe the realtor not with redfin are more experienced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I see the lure of using redfin from a strictly financial standpoint, however you arent finding the experienced agents when using redfin. It is great for your listings to be on as many sites are possible but I am just not a fan of discounted real estate services.

Redfin offers the same services for a discounted fee to sellers.

Redfin review by Scott A.
Scott A.

"You might find homes that your realtor would miss!"

What do you like best?

Redfin allows you to search by zipcode, city, or even school district. I prefer to search this way instead of by the traditional search that says, "Only show me results for 3 bed, 2 bath homes with a 2 car garage." In my experience, some realtors might miss homes that would interest you because they don't want to ignore the criteria you gave them.

But see if you can relate to my experience: My wife and I found an amazing house in the perfect neighborhood, walkable to public transportation, and a detached garage (I actually prefer). One problem, the home only had 1 bath. We had told our realtor that we wanted at least 2 baths. Therefore, our house didn't show up in her search results. I happened across our home using redfin, searching by location (walkable to the train station). We have found that with just the 2 of us, 1 bathroom is fine for now (although we have plans to expand).

Redfin is easy and intuitive, and has a great smartphone app. I have found that their data is just as up-to-date as MLS searches by your realtor.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that they are not available in all areas (yet).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up email or notifications on your phone to get new search results as they become available.

We found our home!

User in Real Estate

"Just another Real Estate Website"

What do you like best?

I like the walkability score, along with public transit score. It's a quick way to see what sort of location you're dealing with.

What do you dislike?

I can't always see a full tour, or all the pictures if the house is under contract or sold. So if I'm looking for comps, I don't get the full picture of what the house has to offer. Also, some of the information is outdated. For example, I own a 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom home. On Redfin it is listed as a 1/1.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that Redfin could have outdated information compared to the MLS.

I can see recently sold homes that are similar to the house I'm looking at. This can help me price a home to sell.

User in Real Estate

"An ok way to be apart of your customer's home search"

What do you like best?

I like that it puts my buyers and I on the same page in their home search.

What do you dislike?

I would rather use our MLS system or a personally branded app. It seems to update fairly slowly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inform your buyers that the info updates slowly. And the homes they are seeing may not still be available.

It has been another option for buyers in their home search, but not the best option for that in my opinion.

Redfin review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"Redfin is low budget. "

What do you like best?

There actually isn't anything about the redfin business model that I support. It is a discounted service, and I think it is an insult to other agents working their tail off.

What do you dislike?

Everything. I highly discourage discounted real estate services. You are taking away from the hardworking experienced agents who put their all into every transaction. Instead you want to take business away from them, due to charging clients a discounted commission. How is this helping the real estate industry?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stoo taking away from hardworking agents. These should be a standard commission charged across the board.

It is great to get your listings on as many of these affiliated sites as possible however redfin is my least favorite. I think it is a sham and makes it seem like agents aren't worth what they make which is far from the truth.

Redfin review by User in Internet

"Useful for the Do-It-Yourself House Hunter "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, much like many of its competitors. I like the school rating system and I find that its ability to find similar homes in the area to be fairly accurate. Walkability score is a nice addition, as this can be an overlooked concept at times when looking for a home. The map views and filtering systems are all simple and clean.

What do you dislike?

Does not do enough in my opinion to differentiate from its competitors.

Searching for income and investment properties. One of a few sites used in my own personal home search.

Redfin review by Adam Jake S.
Adam Jake S.

"Redfin organizes the most public real estate data simply"

What do you like best?

Redfin gives a beautiful interface for listings from all brokerages and gives a lovely interface for MLS data. Redfin beats out any other brokerage website, in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

Redfin will post pictures of their own agents more prominently than the actual listing agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check Redfin along with other websites when considering a property. So much public data is available now for renters/buyers/sellers - information is a weapon and tool when navigating urban real estate.

Redfin is an awesome customer-face interface for browsing real listings, and useful for brokers too. They feature prominently on Google rankings also.

Redfin review by Namita M.
Namita M.

"Redfin is the best sight for house search"

What do you like best?

Provides redfin estimate

property history

schools information

and you can contact redfin agents to tour house and put an offer

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't like is redfin doesn't provide rent estimate for the property on sale.

House search

Property history

schools info

"Avid Redfin User"

What do you like best?

The information is more accurate than other platforms I've used.

What do you dislike?

I'm not the biggest fan of the estimated values. I've found them to be overvalued

Recommendations to others considering the product

Redfin by far has the best local market information when evaluating properties.

Quick reference on properties in surrounding areas with ability to save and filter searches

Redfin review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great layout and easy to access filters"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to filter data and make everything searchable

What do you dislike?

School rankings are hard to add and sort

Easy to have clients check out areas and data

Redfin review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Streamlined and modern"

What do you like best?

I like Redfin's fresh approach to real estate.

What do you dislike?

I have found it difficult to use the map feature on Redfin. I would like to be able to click on the map and use it like Google maps (ie. be able to move it around and zoom in/out)

Refer clients to this site as an alternative to RE/MAX. So far, it seems to up-to-date and reliable.

"Redfin"

What do you like best?

I have used Redfin to help my clients look for homes in NJ and NYC. I find it very easy to use and I have never had any issues with the way the site works!

What do you dislike?

I wish Redfin was able to do rentals and I was able to list rentals on their site as well. I think it could be overall bottom line!

None

User in Real Estate

"Best UX for a Real Estate Website"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of search when using their product, both web and native app. I think they have one of the best map searches in the market.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the updates are not as quick as some other competitors (realtor.com).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their website is one of the most user friendly websites out there in the market!

We keep an eye on Redfin for updates and enhancements that may also benefit our organization

User in Real Estate

"Redfin for looking for properties"

What do you like best?

I found Redfin very easy to use, more than other property search engines.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike very much about redfin, althought sometimes I felt like their listings were out of date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was very easy to search for homes using Redfin. I did not list any properties, so my use was primarily for searching for properties that were listed for sale.

Searching for homes using Redfin was very easy.

Redfin review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Detailed and great filtering"

What do you like best?

Great map and easy to use filtering tools

What do you dislike?

The app does not remember where I was last - annoying

real estate investment searching and property research for pricing

Redfin review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great resource for real estate research"

What do you like best?

Redfin, hands down, is one of the top resources I've seen for anyone browsing or considering homes or condos. You get good info on the properties, as well as good insights on the agents too!

What do you dislike?

It has a lot of properties listed already, but could always have more. Redfin agents definitely use the platform, but would like to see more agents from other companies use it as well

I've used Redfin when considering and researching home/condo purchases

"Redfin Review "

What do you like best?

Easy navigation on website for Realtors & clients.

What do you dislike?

That they offer a listing agent commission at only 1.5%

It's a good website for clients to use.

Learning about Redfin?

* We monitor all Redfin reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.