Redfin

Redfin is full-service, local agents who get to know you over coffee and on home tours, and we use online tools to make you smarter and faster.

Work for Redfin?

Learning about Redfin?

Redfin Reviews

Showing 21 Redfin reviews
Redfin review by <span>Michaela P.</span>
Michaela P.

Great App to Search for Your Future Home

What do you like best?

I started using Redfin when I was first looking for our new home. I just downloaded it to my phone and on weekends we would drive around the neighborhoods and look for open houses using the app. It was that easy. I could just save the homes I liked as favorites and would get instantly notified if the status of the home changed. We have also used a Redfin agent to help us with the closing process and he was so fast and responsive that we could not believe it. The document signing takes place online, so you don't actually have to meet with the agent every time you want to make a change to the documents. I highly recommend Redfin. It's the company to go to when you're searching for your home or even investment properties.

What do you dislike?

I do not really remember anything that I can point out here. As I said before, I totally enjoy using the Redfin app. Sometimes I just browse homes for sale in an area where I want to invest and it's super easy to use. Nothing to complain about just yet after more than 2 years of using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the Redfin application if you are searching for new homes or investment properties. It saves a lot of time. You can just drive in your target neighborhood and check out houses for sale and those with open houses. If you want to schedule a tour, you can add a couple of houses in your list and contact the Redfin agent that will schedule the tour for you. I'm not connected with Redfin in any way. I just love using the app. I also use Zillow and I really like them both. They both offer something little different, so I like to complement one to another all the time.

Currently I am trying to find properties for investment. Redfin is very easy to use and can help me quickly locate and assess the properties. I can select my favorites and watch if anything changes in their status.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Redfin
Redfin review by <span>Kyle F.</span>
Kyle F.

Great for comps... but not located in some areas!

What do you like best?

I love using RedFin to find comparable properties and an estimated value of houses I'm trying to purchase. The best part about the product is the mapping software you can use to map out where comparable properties have sold, which increases my accuracy 10-fold.

What do you dislike?

The only issue is the fact that they are not located in some neighborhoods that I buy homes in, but they should be coming soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, highly recommended and use it often as it updates almost hourly with MLS listings.

I am finding comparable properties a lot easier with their software and systems.

What Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Listing solution do you use?

Redfin review by <span>Heather F.</span>
Heather F.

See listings appear before any other site!

What do you like best?

The app for Redfin is superior to any of the other home-buying and selling apps. This is what sets it apart. In a market that is so fast-paced and crazy, it is important to be able to access listings on the go and that means from cell phones. I found that the listings were showing up a full day before many other sites, which can make or break a deal.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked about Redfin. It is easy to use and that is the most crucial aspect of an app and website that gets so much traffic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this program - you won't regret it. It is helpful to agents and buyers in making sure everyone has access to the listings and all of the information that goes along with those listings. In an up market, it is important to be as accessible and informative as possible. Users are wanting to have everything at their fingertips all of the time, and Redfin gives it to them.

Redfin makes it super easy to share listings in a visually appealing way and on a platform that is user friendly.

Redfin review by <span>Jonathan O.</span>
Jonathan O.

Looking for my first home and Redfin seems to be one the most user friendly platforms for searching

What do you like best?

I like the User Experience the best when using Redfin. It is simple to use and to jump to certain areas for searching for certain homes I am looking for. I am a first time buyer and Redfin seems to have the best pictures and a lot of options where I am looking. It seems pretty up to date and I like being their estimate if the home is listed above or below market comparables.

What do you dislike?

They are not in all areas yet. They have big gaps when it comes to location. Not sure how quickly they are expanding. So I have to go to other platforms if they don't carry that area.

I can see what is on the market and get a good sense of the property and price.

Redfin review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

Useful tool for monitoring new and existing listings

What do you like best?

I had previously set up a search for new listings based on specific criteria. The email would arrive first thing in the morning and I'd be right up to speed on the latest info on the local market. Perfect for beating others out to see new listing properties.

What do you dislike?

The website can be erratic in sending out emails. I had been receiving daily emails for years based on a search that I set up. The emails now come in, but just randomly. It's no longer a dependable source for daily new info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good starting point for a market overview of what's on the market. Easy to use by being able to narrow down a desired territory. But be cautious on relying on the daily email notifications since they can be sporadic and . unreliable,

I was able to find my own home using the daily notification for new home listings. I also use it to keep track of changes in the local market pricing and sales activity for the residential market. And it's come in handy for uncovering new listings for a few clients well before they were advertised elsewhere.

Redfin review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

Redfin

What do you like best?

I'm not a fan of redfin as a real estate professional.

What do you dislike?

It is very gimmicky. It is all about saving the buyer or seller money. However, this takes away from the professionals that are trying to make a living out there. It is basically like what Uber did to taxi cab drivers. Unless you have a long standing relationship with a realtor why would you choose to pay the standard fees when you could do a discounted transaction. However, I believe the realtor not with redfin are more experienced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I see the lure of using redfin from a strictly financial standpoint, however you arent finding the experienced agents when using redfin. It is great for your listings to be on as many sites are possible but I am just not a fan of discounted real estate services.

Redfin offers the same services for a discounted fee to sellers.

Learning about Redfin?

* We monitor all Redfin reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.