Register.com

Register.com has built a reputation as a leading provider of global domain name registration, web site design and management services. Register.com is also an award-winning business web hosting provider.

Work for Register.com?

Learning about Register.com?

Register.com Reviews

Showing 18 Register.com reviews
Register.com review by <span>Alexia p.</span>
Alexia p.

"Must be savvy"

What do you like best?

I like that I am not pushed to buy anything other than an ip and registration. Other companies make it hard to even publish your site without their site builder or a consultation etc. Register also has a partner agreement where you can become a reseller.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot of help outside of resetting the server the ip is connected to. So any Ldap errors etc will all be handled through you .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Register also has a user friendly site if someone wants to take over the domain you are reselling. The customer end is called web.com and they have a DIY site builder. It's not adobe but its something.

We are able to resell domains and even websites that we have built where someone like a realtor can just own the domain and we do the maintenance since this comes with none. It isn't even an option.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Register.com
Register.com review by <span>Siddrameshwar K.</span>
Siddrameshwar K.

"Build websites with ease!"

What do you like best?

User friendly website. Professional assistance from web.com helped me build a good site! It has good executed and easy to use online store. Prices are cheap compared to other websites. If you want to build a personal, web.com has enough tools to allow you to build a pretty decent website. web.com has 450 mobile-optimized design templates to choose from, which is a fairly large collection. When it comes to customizing mobile templates, the options that web.com provides are actually a lot more than what other websites builders provide. If you subsribe to premium version then you get verity of support like email, live chart and phone. The support team is very skilled and are really helpful in what you would like to design. The website also provides free hosting.

What do you dislike?

My complaint is that there can be times fairly frequently where you cannot log in. This is the only problem I have had with it, and it is a pain when I need to log in to update my website, because I can't.

web.com does not allow you the flexibility to edit the CSS and HTML of the templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business or plan on having an online shop, Web.com is a website builder you should consider. If you want to keep your domain then do not pay amount after your last day. They will sell the domain to some other customers or ask higher amount from you.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Register.com review by <span>Tanuja C.</span>
Tanuja C.

"A guide to easy website building!"

What do you like best?

For a layman, building a website may seem to be quite a challenging job! With register.com, the process not only got simpler, but also helped me learn and understand the elements of a good website. It has some unmatchable qualities like an amazing array of templates to choose from, customization-friendly mobile templates and an ease to keep a track of all of them in one go. Premium version also fetch us a bank of supported features like emails, live chat on phone and more options.

Also, the major issue of web hosting becomes so hassle-free with them!

What do you dislike?

One of the major concern's I felt was an after-service of updation of my website. Also, the pricing is little at the higher side as compared to the well-marketed service providers such as GoDaddy and likes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, your bucks will fetch you amazing experience with a slight hazards. That anyway is a part of any portal!

One of my friend's existing blog crashed due to some tad-inefficiency of the backend. This not only helped me to give her a guide to fix the same, but also helped me to save few extra bucks for my company's blog as well. (Getting it fixed from outside surely had an exorbitant amount with it.)

Register.com review by <span>Shantanu Y.</span>
Shantanu Y.

"Easy creating websites"

What do you like best?

The website has a great collection of design templates especially the ones that are mobile oriented are really helpful. The site is pretty much a good experience for a user in terms of UX/UI. Along with super easy DNS settings, a customer support and a great look and feel, its kind of the best in the market.

What do you dislike?

The stupid lag in page loads is very very frustrating and kills all the productivity goals you had for the day. I happened twice with us but that can be ignored given the general page lag is minimal. Another thing I dislike about register.com is that the templates cannot be customized to my specifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best thing the market has yet to offer.

We have registered new domains with register.com and done all the DNS settings super fast and super easy.

Register.com review by <span>Shiva S.</span>
Shiva S.

"Web.com - New Way to build our website"

What do you like best?

- The best, user friendly website builder.

- User Interface is attractive and editing the website is very easy by readily drag and drop the modules (Pictures, Slides, Files).

- Compared to other website builders (Wix/ squarespace), Web.com is simple and easy to learn.

- Other notable features like integrating membership function, group Email, restricting the view of the website (Public/ Private/ Members).

- Availability of app store of web.com makes the work smoother just by suggesting the required tools and features required.

- It is fast, flexible, inbuilt testing tools improve the quality of our website.

- Good Community support

What do you dislike?

- Website loading time for publisher is normal where as it will hang or slow down in case of large visitors.

- We get to choose only inbuilt testing tools all the time, free trial period of other good tools is not given so that we can test on free tool and decide weather to use that particular tool or not.

- Again with the web templates we should satisfy with what they provide (inbuilt) and we cannot modify their code according to our requirement.

- There are other website domain ( Weebly / Jimdo ) available with cheaper price and better performance than Web.com. It is confined only for a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan to limit yourself for a small industry like E-Commerce or as a non-profit organisation I strongly recommend web.com

Register.com review by <span>Hans D.</span>
Hans D.

"The gold standard in domain registration"

What do you like best?

Register.com, while not being the cheapest registrar out there, provides a solid and reliable domain registration service while also providing other beneficial services including web hosting, web design, and search engine optimization. The interface to the site is nice and clean, easy to follow, and managing a domain's DNS settings is easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Register.com is not the cheapest registrar out there and their fees for making a domain private can sometimes be more costly than its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for coupons and discounts through Google before going through Register.com. You will not be disappointed going with them aside from costs.

Register.com has provided domain registration services for me personally as well as customers in the past looking for a safe, simple domain registrar with no tricks.

Learning about Register.com?

* We monitor all Register.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.