Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

RegOnline

3.9
(75 reviews)

RegOnline by Cvent powers events and customers of all sizes with event management & registration software.

Work for RegOnline?

Learning about RegOnline?

RegOnline Reviews

Ask RegOnline a Question
Showing 75 RegOnline reviews
RegOnline review by Administrator

"A huge headache."

What do you like best?

I like that it provides a platform for us to mange our event attendance, charge participants and manage hotel bookings. It compiles all the questions for you in a handy spreadsheet, and you can collect any information you would like, including photos- of passports, or bio photos.

What do you dislike?

Despite on the surface, looking like it's the perfect tool for our needs, it's nothing but a constant headache. The less severs issues include being the slowest system I have ever worked with, often after clicking "save" it makes more sense to navigate and do something else while it "thinks" it's a dinosaur. I run into glitches all the time, and am on the phone to support several times a month. At least once a day I get an "unexpected error occurred, hit the back button" which of course also means it hasn't saved any changes. Several times a month, i get an error message that I can't use a suggested template, and have to call support.

Those are just the minor issues. the INCREDIBLY Problematic issues include, adding extraneous line item charges, and deleting line items. It's impossible to trust the accounting of this software. To make matter worse, customer support is never able to identify the root cause of this situation, and just shrug and say "oh i manually adjusted this participant so their balance is correct" HOWEVER, that is only after we've manually found the error, apparently we have to go and manually add up every participants balance due with a calculator. Additionally, the invoice sent to the participants now shows random charges or credits added for the whole purpose of adjusting their balance, which is incredibly unprofessional, and raises suspicion.

Every time they launch an update, our old templates become askew, at one point it was so impossible to fix our past designed templates, i had to manually add a piece of code to centre the text.

Customer service are lovely people, but absolutely never have answers for me, say they will escalate my problem, and a day later I get a generic email with links to FAQ documents that in no way answer my issues.

Our participants, from the attendee end, complain all the time, things show up glitchy on invoices, and because it randomly doubles line items or drops them complain that we've mischarged them or DOUBLE charged them

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's PAINFUL to use. I think it's great if you're doing less than 5 events a year, and are willing to literally manually check every line item to make sure you're charging correctly, but it's slow, glitchy, and the support people are friendly, but clearly not given the support or training THEY need to help you.

It is giving us a tool with which to have participants register for trips, and gives us a platform to charge.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RegOnline
RegOnline review by Maureen D.
Maureen D.

"Very Satisfied "

What do you like best?

I like that you can copy events easily as each year's event is just a variation of the year before. I like the design aspect and the ease of inserting graphics. The event details chart is a nice touch for reading and I like how user friendly it - we rarely have people calling to have us walk them through the process.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the high fees associated with credit card payments. I really dislike that I can't share the Firm that each attendee is with on the general roster due to "privacy issues" - since they can opt out of the roster, I don't see why that is an issue. I don't like how if you don't change the "theme" in a copied event, the same information carries with the events in terms of registrations. I wish there was an easier way to collect data for accompanying people or for information like golf shoe sizes handicaps. Oh, and I wish when I would do "additional charges" that I could put in specifically what it was for on the invoice, rather than that unspecific term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend regonline to others, but I do wish that it was easier to have an app made for people do download - not just a mobile version

We are able to collect payment much more securely, I am able to have easy and quick reference to all registrations, and am able to invoice for things even after the event. I particularly love the photo directories - it's a great way to connect attendees.

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

RegOnline review by Amanda M.
Amanda M.

"Great Registration Software"

What do you like best?

Regonline is very easy to use, and their customer service team is wonderful. I've never came across an issue they could not easily resolve. It's great that you can copy a registration form from a previous event and easily modify it as needed. Having quick access to attendee information from previous years is also very helpful. I can see who attended an event year after year by looking up their email address in the system.

What do you dislike?

The agenda feature is a bit of a pain to deal with so we do not use it, and there have been times when I've wanted to make an update to a form and can't find the correct field to update because it is "hidden", but a quick call to customer support takes care of that issue.

Saves us time. Registration is easy for our attendees and the fees that we incur are reasonable.

RegOnline review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Great experience with RegOnline event registration!"

What do you like best?

Great level of customer service, very easy to set up, and a competitive price. Once we were up and running, the system literally took care of itself. Loved being able to look up registrations and send email reminders/invoices. Also really liked the ability to do discount codes and group registrations with different price points (early bird, regular, late).

What do you dislike?

The only real "issue" we had was Lanyon was going through a transition period and I must have had four different account reps in four months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are hosting a paid event, educate yourself on PCI compliance, payment gateways, and credit card fees. It really helps to know what you are talking about when you do the setup.

Registration for an event that required lots of pricing structures. Saved a TON of time using RegOnline because it can handle complex registrations without manual interference.

RegOnline review by Consultant

"buggy - they don't care - then they try to rip you off for it"

What do you like best?

In the beginning it served my needs so I wasn't totally unhappy.

What do you dislike?

They charge way too much but it worked so I used them. Then they were purchased by Lanyon and introduced all kinds of new things that were supposed to be improvements but caused nothing but problems. I became extremely frustrated. I complained all the way to Adam Burleson, the then VP. I told him I wanted out but had a contract. He told me not to worry about the contract, that he understood and I would not be held to it. So I took my business elsewhere. OVER A YEAR LATER they come to me telling me I have to pay for not reaching my goal (because I left) for that particular year. Now they've been purchased by CVent but they still won't go away. They continue to harass me for a few hundred dollars. they're awful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely positively recommend anyone considering RegOnline just move on past them. I would not use them. There are others out there that are less costly and work much better and aren't run by thieves.

None currently.

RegOnline review by Mary E B.
Mary E B.

"RegOnline is Easy to Work With!"

What do you like best?

Ability to give the registrants access to change their own information. Reports on attendance to one or many classes. Support! They have always been able to help and cheerful about it.

What do you dislike?

Groups participants not being able to change their own classes even if it doesn't change the amount being charged on a credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability for attendees registered by one person as a group to be able to change their agenda of classes when the price does not change. Our conference is a flat fee.

Our annual conference is growing and the need for reporting for my personal use and the attendee for their use is a breeze. The ability to have attendees pay with a credit card and the processing of authorize.net is a blessing. It save us time, it does cost but my time is worth the fee.

RegOnline review by Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

RegOnline offers robust reporting features. It is also easy to set up a basic event with little to no training. They have great customer service.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more modern looking templates for the event website and registration. The invoice numbers are ridiculously long. It would be better to have more custom tailored options, it is definitely a "out of the box" platform, but even for such it can do a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I have only been using RegOnline for a few years my organization has been with them for several years and have been with the company through several buyouts. We are now experiencing another merger, and although there are some trade offs the product overall continues to get stronger.

We are able to use RegOnline for event registrations and course registrations which is great.

RegOnline review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Powerful tools but "back end" payment processes need significant improvement "

What do you like best?

Regonline offers a very powerful set of tools for event registration and management. It may take a little while to learn how to use the features you need, but that time is well spent.

What do you dislike?

Regonline has been bought/sold several times in the past few years. Since Lanyon (its most purchaser) bought it I have had several problems with billing and being paid my share of the funds it collects for my events. Also, there are ongoing problems with their billing/invoicing system providing incorrect information on monthly reports. Lanyon has been aware of the reporting problems for many months and has, as far as I can tell, done nothing to fix them. As a result, I am actively considering moving to another product soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should consider whether the many powerful tools and options RegOnline provides are necessary for your organization's events and will therefore justify the high rates you are likely to pay for it vs. its competitors. If you are running infrequent events with simple registration choices you may find Regonline a bit too powerful and expensive compared to their competitors.

Regonline simplifies the set-up and implementation of registration processes for my software training seminars. "Events" are easy to set up, display, modify, remove, delete, etc. Their tools enable people to quickly register and pay for my sessions and receive immediate enrollment confirmation via email when they are done doing their registration. "Back end" reporting and other tools (e.g., moving someone from one class to another) are very robust and easy to use.

RegOnline review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great for those managing conferences internally"

What do you like best?

Regonline is what we have been able to utilize for our annual conference and is easy to quickly copy/change details year over year without having to start from scratch each time. The registration process is a simple and can be modified to make your guest's experience as easy as possible.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you update things in one area you have to do it across multiple areas. (ex. with different pricing options you have to individually apply discount codes to that pricing option rather than have a universal discount code that automatically works across all ticket options). Takes a little extra time to double check that it was updated in all sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look at how Cvent plans to utilize Regonline moving forward since they recently acquired Lanyon.

We host an annual conference and Regonline has been a great tool to allow our guests to register for the event. It also has options of integrating into Salesforce which is a huge plus.

RegOnline review by Cindy G.
Cindy G.

"Have Used RegOnline for 3 Years with No Complaints"

What do you like best?

The set-up and use are easy and the reports are good.

What do you dislike?

Cost per transaction is high for my organization.

I have been using RegOnline for the last 3 years to create a website and online registration for the annual conference held by my organization. Creation of your event is easy. The reports are good. I get notifications each time someone registers and have the ability to export registrant lists and email all the registrants. Because our conference has a very low registration fee, the fees we pay to RegOnline for each registration are a high percentage, but I have found it worth the ease of use. It would have even more value for higher registration fee events.

RegOnline review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"RegOnline Review"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. It's easy to train new people on the software because it's pretty straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Lately, we have had a lot of issues with their servers going down, kinks with their system on the back end, and some features just not working the way they should. It has become a little unreliable at times. They have also not done a very good job of keeping up with new technology and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to use if you are new to registration software, as it is easy to learn and manage. If you are looking for features such as signature links and robust third party integrations, I would not recommend RegOnline. It is good at the basics, but has not kept up with the times as well as some of the other registration companies.

We use RegOnline mainly for conference registration. It is a relatively simple product to use.

RegOnline review by Jan H.
Jan H.

"Long time happy user"

What do you like best?

I found it user friendly and any time I've called for help I got friendly professional help.

What do you dislike?

I am currently using the product for a few of my different clients. Some are on Classic and some are on the current version. It's my problem, but I have to keep both versions in my brain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the newest version and build from there.

The ability to process credit card payments was a surprise benefit. I had set up a credit card account with Bank of America for a client so they could accept credit cards. After 6 months we did an analysis and found that going directly through RegOnLine was less $$ and easier!

Administrator in Higher Education

"Many good features, but overall user friendliness absent"

What do you like best?

We have been using RegOnline for years now because it gets the job done. It has a lot of features and is fairly straightforward for attendees to register for events.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of the high fees. We bring in over $500,000 of revenue a year and Regonline has been unwilling to lower our rates or work out new deals with us. The usability is also not as easy as it should be in my opinion--creating event reports and separating our different events always seems to be messy. We are currently making the switch to 123contact instead.

We have solved the problem of registering many attendees all over the country for events in multiple cities arouns thr country. We have lots of events occurring every month and it's been a good way to keep track of them.

Administrator in Higher Education

"RegOnline for Event Registration of our Annual Conference"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the UX and easy accessibility of the site for event organizers. While I don't utilize all of the provided tables, I find that the site was easy to build the registration form with, and to download payment reports. RegOnline has been integral in my university department's capability to accept credit card payments for event registration though, as we were unable to accept payments via Paypal or Google Wallet (as per university guidelines). This has allowed for our participants to have much greater ease at both registering and paying in one easy transaction.

What do you dislike?

I find that the help feature could be more intuitive, and could potentially address more issues that I've had (and solved). This is relatively minor though, as usually things can be figured out after a few attempts - primarily this has been minor form issues. Another complaint I have is that some of the reports only export as PDF, and some of the information would be helpful in both Excel/PDF options.

My other thought would be to allow more options at customizing the registration form page as well in the builder: certain types of optional questions I would have preferred to group together, but had no capability to do so. It would be helpful to be able to manipulate the pages more, and shift the order/grouping of many optional questions. I say this because I had to have the "Gender" option in one location, while other questions about ethnicity/degree/etc. in another location; this caused many to skip certain questions. To add to the registration form issue, I feel that more "fill in the blank" customizable payment options would be helpful too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start early in case you do run into any difficulties in set-up. I'd recommend that, particularly for your first registration form page set up, to begin setting up the template a couple of months ahead of going live. Make sure to really look into how you expect participants to access their registrations - if they need to return to the site and edit their registration, you may want to ensure that you set up password options. RegOnline has been great though for providing both an event registration service as well as a payment option!

The primary business problem that we encountered PRIOR to our use of RegOnline was our inability to accept credit card payments. We used to provide a simple registration form through our event's page, and then I'd have to manually send out an email to registrants explaining the payment options: Payment by check, wire transfer, or money order. RegOnline was very helpful by solving our main need: providing a credit card option to registrants, and the ability to send us the account funds monthly by check to deposit in our university account. The main bonus was the ease in refunding occasional participants! Prior to this I had to do a cumbersome Non-Employee Reimbursement to refund participants who needed to cancel, but now I'm able to simply click a few buttons to refund electronically (as long as funds are in our account). It's been so helpful!

RegOnline review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"I use the product daily to manage our trip registrations"

What do you like best?

I like the event snapshots, it really helps us plan and see who has registered for optional activities etc.

What do you dislike?

Some things are not very intuitive, and I've had to reach out to support. For example deleting charges or refund line items for participants. if a participant cancels the day before a trip, for example, they are not entitled to a full refund, and I would need to delete that line item from their registration.

Also, sending emails is super difficult through ROL, many times when I try to add attachments it just wont attach so i end up just copying the email addresses and sending through gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a really great way to organize event registration and be able to get great reporting (spreadsheets etc) that you can customize. Also a great way to receive payment while mitigating privacy and security.

great way to manage registrations, also to receive money while mitigating security risks

RegOnline review by Casey K.
Casey K.

"Great at Multi-Track Events"

What do you like best?

Putting together multi-track events is a breeze with RegOnline. It is very user friendly and I'm able to separate events into different categories, which makes it easier to go back to archived events if need be. I put together four events a year, where we have anywhere from 200 up to 700 participants and RegOnline makes it easy for me to put these together.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue we have is the pricing. There are now other event planning sites out there that charge far less for the same services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system for planning multi-track events.

The benefits is how easy it is for us to use.

RegOnline review by Tocia J.
Tocia J.

"RegOnline"

What do you like best?

RO keeps my history and makes it seamless to create another event of the same magnitude.

What do you dislike?

One recent experience, was I cloned and email that would not send. I contacted support and they were helpful, however, in the subject line of the email I cloned, appeared the work "copy." I feel that because I cloned an email, the subject line should not have indicated that it was a copy from a previous email. The support person agreed.

As mentioned above the when cloning an email to send, the subject line should specify that it is a copy.

RegOnline review by Kaylie L.
Kaylie L.

"Member and Events Marketing Associate "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for my members to register

What do you dislike?

I don't like how complicated it is to find certain things sometimes, a lot of things are hidden. I know now because of experience, but my procedure for the next person is going to be long and complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know the product inside and out, it works amazing. If you ever need anything, call the support line, they are amazing.

People registering from all of the world. We are international so being able to take people's credit cards from all over the world really helps.

RegOnline review by David S.
David S.

"RegOnline = The Perfect Tool for Membership Organizations"

What do you like best?

Integration of Membership and Event modules

What do you dislike?

Mobile application works well for event participants but provides limited value for event administrators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RegOnline is an easy to use product and has a smooth integration between the membership and event modules. I strongly suggest using the available training video and webinars.

CPAC is a not-for-profit professional Peer group, providing education and networking opportunities for business continuity, disaster recovery, risk, and emergency arrangement professionals. RegOnline easily facilitates collection of annual membership fees, while tracking member skills and interests, and managing registrations and scheduling of our annual conference for approximately 150 attendees

RegOnline review by Glory W.
Glory W.

"Outstanding Customer Care"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer care when we call in with a question. Staff is knowledgeable, friendly and extremely helpful. Ease of getting needed reports. I can give access (full or limited) to other specific individuals in the company. We can access and make changes to the website without being in the office.

What do you dislike?

Limited layout possibilities for visitors to view the sessions e.g. can't show chronological and show in track order with chronological inside each track. My accounting department doesn't like the billing since it was bought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RegOnline is fairly easy to use. Customer service techs are outstanding providing excellent service with great attitudes. They are always there for you.

Registration for our conference and for training classes is easy. Generation of reports is easy with minimal time required vs. the more manual system we had.

RegOnline review by Cindy S.
Cindy S.

"RegOnline is an economical way to provide a professional registration site for guests."

What do you like best?

RegOnline has a low cost and a user-friendly platform. My registration sites look very professional and the cost is very economical. I like their customer service, easy payments and reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the systems has a glitch, but when I call customer service they are quick to solve any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. I enjoy only paying for what I use. They're great!

We've provided a professional platform for our meetings at a reasonable price. We only pay for the number of guests who register instead of paying a flat rate per year.

RegOnline review by Taylor M.
Taylor M.

"RegOnline is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I like how my attendees can register themselves and how easily it is for me to register someone.

What do you dislike?

The automated phone system. It takes a long time usually to get someone on the phone. I do not like to email my questions to the support time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to save time and energy. Keeps things organized especially for a small company.

Time saving. People find RegOnline easy to use and easy to get invoices. I like how I don't have to spend time registering people when they can do it themselves.

RegOnline review by User in Higher Education

"RegOnline Cvent Lanyon .. by any name, it's awful."

What do you like best?

RegOnline software is bloated with feature you will never need or want, making it more difficult to get to the features that you do. Moreover, customer, billing, and technical support is difficult to access and largely unhelpful.

What do you dislike?

RegOnline is expensive and their salespeople are very aggressive about trying to sign you up to contracts that lock you into making minimum payments. They are very slow to pay, but quick to collect, and they won't be responsive to communication request after they have the contract they want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Under no circumstances should you consider RegOnline. Use alternatives.

We used to use RegOnline for conference registrations, solving the problem of accepting credit cards for our registration fees. That turned out to be a mistake.

RegOnline review by Administrator

"Regonline is generally one of the better registration software packages available."

What do you like best?

The ability to customize most pages and selections is great. It is rare that I get a request for logic that I can't create. New discount code reports are extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

There seem to have been a lot of program bugs recently. Issues with credit card information not being stored, issues with confirmations not going out, etc. Wait times for premier tech support can be quite long. Issues with badge creation continue - centering, etc. All of the Lanyon branding that pops up everywhere. Particularly the branding on the email invitations that is so large and comes first making it less likely that recipients will actually read the important email text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe the level of support and the implementation of new features has declined since the acquisition by Lanyon but ROL is still an amazing tool in the registration software field. Pricing and long contracts must be considered when making a software decision.

Our clients are always looking to customize their registration sites for ease of use, better data collection and visual appeal and ROL has lots of tools to help achieve that.

RegOnline review by Agency in Events Services
Agency in Events Services

"The (almost) perfect registration software"

What do you like best?

It's the most user friendly registration software on the market. I like it because I know it and it's comfortable to me. If I don't know how to do something, it's usually easy for me to figure out.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is almost useless at this point. I've being using ROL/Lanyon for 8 years. When I started at this job, ROL was small and the service was excellent, but not that they've been bought/sold so many times, it's like dealing with Comcast to get help (and we all know how frustrating that can be). I understand that there are growing pains, but it's been like this for years. Also, my clients want integration with Sales Force and Call for Paper modules, which I don't think you have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best registration software for less tech savvy people.

Connecting clients to their attendees

Benefits: usability, ease, snapshot report, trends/charts, emails, etc.

RegOnline review by Sara S.
Sara S.

"Great registration product!"

What do you like best?

I like how RegOnline is very user friendly. It is easy to set up new events, to make changes and to analyze the results of your registrations.

It also has many features which allows you to analyze different aspects of your event that you have set up through the system.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about this product. There are many features that are available that we do not use as it is not needed for our company.

A benefit of using RegOnline is the ease you can see your delegates registration info. You can also manipulate the system for the specific information your organization is looking for.

RegOnline review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"Hosting an academic conference - then use RegOnline"

What do you like best?

Flexible, well designed and effective system for developing a conference web site that allows users to register and pay for academic conferences. Very scalable. We used it for a meeting of 100 scientists from around the world- but it would work just as well for a meeting of 50 or 500

What do you dislike?

Handling abstract submissions is not straight-forward

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to tech support before starting the design - they can be very helpful by sharing examples of other users who have had similar applications

Handling registration funds at a university is difficult - RegOnline completely solved the problem allowing us to deal with scientists from around the world without the constraints of state accounting constraints

"Regonline review"

What do you like best?

I like that you can customize it. I like that you can also copy a reoccurring event so that you are making minimal changes instead of recreating the event. I like all the information it captures and how easy it is to download. I like how when a registrant doesn't complete the form that they receive a message to that effect.

I like how the system captures incomplete records.

What do you dislike?

Regonline changed how you reach their customer service folks so when you have an issue you can either choose help or you have to write an email describing the situation. They do respond quickly to your concern but I am still a person who wants to talk to someone now about an issue versus wait the 24 hours an email response may take.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a good product to use.

Easy registration, easy payment, easy way to print up badges (for a conference), easy access to a "receipt" picture, easy way to see whole event at once.

RegOnline review by Mandy C.
Mandy C.

"Experience with RegOnline"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface, but back end and when users register online.

Not much HTML knowledge required.

Being able to put conditional rules on questions.

What do you dislike?

Unable to retrieve test registrations which are accidentally deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the layout of where special functions are.

With prolonged use, one can easily maneuver around and get sites setup in very little time.

The ability to capture very specific information from registrants.

Being able to streamline processes with one system.

RegOnline review by Lita G.
Lita G.

"Director of Sales"

What do you like best?

Ease of set up and reliability. Others can manage back end issues

What do you dislike?

Not all reports work and when a ticket is in to fix they are not always followed thru. Still waiting on a repair

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to take advantage of education for implementation. This was not offered at first to us, but later when we had questions on better ways to use sight. It was mentioned.

Do not have to manage a website

RegOnline review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"RegOnline: Easy to setup. Lots of control for not being a custom designed event managment system."

What do you like best?

Lot of control. I like that you can create a lot of variation. Second to that would be the nearly unlimited reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

No ability to create list with of choices that controlled with a radio button where only one choice is allowed. This is a big, big missing feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Set up an event and play with all the options. You will find that it is really flexible.

We use RegOnline to host many events. Some up to 400 attendees. These events have an enormous amount of options that must be controlled. We have been able to facilitate any mount of options and choices for our attendees.

RegOnline review by Deb S.
Deb S.

"Event Management Software for Surveys and Global Events"

What do you like best?

Ability to set up the event as a marketer without having to involve HTML web design resources. The financial management component for credit card transactions is also very straightforward. Built-in reports are numerous and easy to create unique ones.

What do you dislike?

Support is pretty much non-existence. Very slow to get a response from sales or account management and also from online support, sometimes one never gets a response !

Did not like the recent change of enterprise licensing that contracts one for minimum # of registrations and financial $$ through the credit card gateway

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of minimal support and understand you must be self sufficient in setup and implementation

Event management for chargeable events, pay as you go model. Survey tool is easy and relates to events.

RegOnline review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"RegOnline as an online reg system"

What do you like best?

RegOnline is fairly easy to work with. Its easy to customize a badge, or create a custom report. We have used the product for our nonprofit association events for years.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be regular turnover with the support staff at RegOnline/Lanyon, and we sometimes cannot get good answers as to who is supporting our account. There was also a substantial price increase about 18 months back - it's not as competitive as it used to be.

RegOnline helps us manage our registrations for 2 large events yearly, as well as customize reports, and collect submissions to our Call for Papers process

RegOnline review by Jana L.
Jana L.

"Essental tool for our non-profit event planning"

What do you like best?

-Customize the online registration site to your own branding.

-Additional items such as merchandise, additional events or accommodation can be made available via the registration process

-Issue email invitations with tracking

What do you dislike?

-Email formatting including photos are hard to configure

-unsubscribing from emails can not be done automatically

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use product and fairly affordable

Event management

User registration

User database

RegOnline review by Shawn C. P.
Shawn C. P.

"Almost to Easy"

What do you like best?

RegOnline is very intuitive with a simple interface. It takes only a few updates each year to use over and over again. Simple is nice.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the agenda option. I think it could be tweaked into a full blown schedule app that would add value overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a tour and then evaluate. I think you will find it is a cut above the rest.

RegOnline allows us to charge in an efficient manner without having to set up a separate accounting system. The ease of use is the biggest benefit for us.

RegOnline review by Bill E.
Bill E.

"Easy to Use at a Price"

What do you like best?

The ease at which it handles payments, notifies me when someone registers, and provides reports.

What do you dislike?

The cost. It significantly eats into my bottom-line when I am trying to host a conference. I work for a non-profit organization with very little income.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Factor in the cost - RegOnline takes a fee AND a percentage of what you charge.

I used RegOnline to host a conference. The problem before I used RegOnline was that I had no good reporting mechanisms (everything was just kept in spreadsheets) and handling credit card payments was difficult.

RegOnline review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Good experience, user friendly"

What do you like best?

I found the user experience pretty logical and easy to follow. I'm not a designer and it was easy to get a decent looking site. It was easy to determine audience types, add custom questions, allow for track registration, pull reports, etc. When I had questions for customer service, the reps were thorough and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There were certain areas in the design template that could have allowed a bit more customization, but anyone with design / coding experience could easily have adjusted the things I wanted to do, I'm sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Easy attendee registration; smooth and consistent event experience in terms of communications and info sharing. Sign up was easy and people could get back in to make changes or pull details with no problem.

RegOnline review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Online registration from hell !!!"

What do you like best?

Nothing, although I suppose that Lanyon were good at taking the money

What do you dislike?

More than a month after our event, we have still not been paid registration fees that Lanyon collected. They promise to send half the amount, then do not send it, refused to send to our main account. A total nightmare to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid at all costs. It seems that there are plenty of other options out there. We are a 1000 employee science organization, and I will recommend to our directors that we never use this service again.

No benefits. It would have been far simpler for us if the participants at our conference had simply just sent cheques to our bank, or made direct telegraphic transfers.

RegOnline review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Director of Communications"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily create event registration with advanced functionality without having a developer.

What do you dislike?

The new contract structure. I preferred the pay per registrant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting away from contracts and pushy sales people. I liked the ability to go online and launch an event registration with little to no help from support or sales. Although, I am a DIY type person.

When we used RegOnline our cost for registration was much lower than when we outsourced our registration.

RegOnline review by Will B.
Will B.

"RegOnline"

What do you like best?

I really like the attendee information and control

What do you dislike?

Refunds early in the month do not work, it continues to tell us that no funds are available, though we already have plenty of money in our account to take care of the refund.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps you control attendee information very easily.

How to register large amounts of students as easily as possible

RegOnline review by Bridget B.
Bridget B.

"Good registration software that's easy to use."

What do you like best?

RegOnline is pretty easy to use. It has all the functionalities we currently need.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the new pay structure we are on, where you have to estimate how many registrations for a year you may have in advance, and how you'll get charged if you don't meet that requirement.

The software is allowing us to capture our event registrations, helping to better plan for our meetings.

RegOnline review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"Tough to learn but all you'll need"

What do you like best?

The fairly straight forward interface and the reporting tools

What do you dislike?

Too regular emails about what is going on

Recommendations to others considering the product

For large scale event this software is ideal

Delegate registration. Saves us time by letting the delegates register themselves

Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Interface. Great Performance. "

What do you like best?

The design interface is great for creating a branded, professional looking site.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve for individuals with no background in web but it's not drastic. A little one-on-one coaching goes a long way to helping others understand the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for at least one event.

We have a lot of events that require detailed registration. RegOnline has helped us to streamline that process both in UX and internally.

RegOnline review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Easy for attendees"

What do you like best?

After having used other registration websites, we have found RegOnline to be simple not only for us to set up, for our attendees to use. It is nice to be able to give customers access to make changes in their own registration record because it saves us a lot of time as well.

What do you dislike?

Periodically, it can be difficult to get problems resolved with the help desk. That can be frustrating.

Conference registration

RegOnline review by Jill S. M.
Jill S. M.

"RegOnline worked for us!"

What do you like best?

I thought that RegOnline was affordable for our limited purposes and easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

That you had to estimate usage and commit upfront.

We needed a professional looking registration system for a free event we were hosting as an anniversary celebration. We did not want any outside marketing and did not need any apps for guests to use onsite. The platform provided a great solution for us.

RegOnline review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"AWESOME SERVICE"

What do you like best?

Regonline really and truly was the best option to manage the database and registrations for my annual medical course. Not only did it facilitate all for me, it was also secure and easy for the person registering. the ways that I could analyze my data was endless! and actually fun....am I a geek? perhaps. but, Regonline made things easy and IF I was ever needing help I just picked up the phone and an actual human being answered and resolved for me.

What do you dislike?

that I only needed the service once a year!

how to manage registrants and communicate with them by category. solved.

RegOnline review by nicole h.
nicole h.

"RegOnline"

What do you like best?

I have really enjoyed the survey tool for events and it's very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered anything that I dislike at this point.

I set up surveys for my online business and it's nice to know what people want.

RegOnline review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Feedback on RegOnline"

What do you like best?

The Agenda page feature works well for our ministry.

What do you dislike?

The lack of aesthetic beauty/ and polish of the site.

We use RegOnline as a conference registration system for college students and for our staff. It's a very helpful system for us!

RegOnline review by User in Research
User in Research

"Lanyon RegOnline"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create custom templates for our unique reunion registration. It is user friendly and looks great on the user end.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there isn't any conditional logic. You can do "if this than that", but cannot do "if this AND this, than that". If this feature were present, it would allow for more opportunities to obtain information from our alumni during our reunion registration period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not packaged pricing as there isn't a conditional logic feature present.

The reporting feature has been very beneficial for our development office.

RegOnline review by Angelia M.
Angelia M.

"Love this registration system"

What do you like best?

The ease of manipulating information and the custom reports i can pull. The Dashboard with real time information

What do you dislike?

i wish the update notification would be very specific on what was updated in a registration.

Using regonline has saved us numerous man hours with rooming lists, and building registrations that we used to do by hand.

Learning about RegOnline?

* We monitor all RegOnline reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
RegOnline