RegOnline

RegOnline by Cvent powers events and customers of all sizes with event management & registration software.

Work for RegOnline?
Etouches  event management platforms  2x

Learning about RegOnline?

RegOnline Reviews

Showing 75 RegOnline reviews
RegOnline review by Administrator

A huge headache.

What do you like best?

I like that it provides a platform for us to mange our event attendance, charge participants and manage hotel bookings. It compiles all the questions for you in a handy spreadsheet, and you can collect any information you would like, including photos- of passports, or bio photos.

What do you dislike?

Despite on the surface, looking like it's the perfect tool for our needs, it's nothing but a constant headache. The less severs issues include being the slowest system I have ever worked with, often after clicking "save" it makes more sense to navigate and do something else while it "thinks" it's a dinosaur. I run into glitches all the time, and am on the phone to support several times a month. At least once a day I get an "unexpected error occurred, hit the back button" which of course also means it hasn't saved any changes. Several times a month, i get an error message that I can't use a suggested template, and have to call support.

Those are just the minor issues. the INCREDIBLY Problematic issues include, adding extraneous line item charges, and deleting line items. It's impossible to trust the accounting of this software. To make matter worse, customer support is never able to identify the root cause of this situation, and just shrug and say "oh i manually adjusted this participant so their balance is correct" HOWEVER, that is only after we've manually found the error, apparently we have to go and manually add up every participants balance due with a calculator. Additionally, the invoice sent to the participants now shows random charges or credits added for the whole purpose of adjusting their balance, which is incredibly unprofessional, and raises suspicion.

Every time they launch an update, our old templates become askew, at one point it was so impossible to fix our past designed templates, i had to manually add a piece of code to centre the text.

Customer service are lovely people, but absolutely never have answers for me, say they will escalate my problem, and a day later I get a generic email with links to FAQ documents that in no way answer my issues.

Our participants, from the attendee end, complain all the time, things show up glitchy on invoices, and because it randomly doubles line items or drops them complain that we've mischarged them or DOUBLE charged them

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's PAINFUL to use. I think it's great if you're doing less than 5 events a year, and are willing to literally manually check every line item to make sure you're charging correctly, but it's slow, glitchy, and the support people are friendly, but clearly not given the support or training THEY need to help you.

It is giving us a tool with which to have participants register for trips, and gives us a platform to charge.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RegOnline
RegOnline review by <span>Maureen D.</span>
Maureen D.

Very Satisfied

What do you like best?

I like that you can copy events easily as each year's event is just a variation of the year before. I like the design aspect and the ease of inserting graphics. The event details chart is a nice touch for reading and I like how user friendly it - we rarely have people calling to have us walk them through the process.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the high fees associated with credit card payments. I really dislike that I can't share the Firm that each attendee is with on the general roster due to "privacy issues" - since they can opt out of the roster, I don't see why that is an issue. I don't like how if you don't change the "theme" in a copied event, the same information carries with the events in terms of registrations. I wish there was an easier way to collect data for accompanying people or for information like golf shoe sizes handicaps. Oh, and I wish when I would do "additional charges" that I could put in specifically what it was for on the invoice, rather than that unspecific term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend regonline to others, but I do wish that it was easier to have an app made for people do download - not just a mobile version

We are able to collect payment much more securely, I am able to have easy and quick reference to all registrations, and am able to invoice for things even after the event. I particularly love the photo directories - it's a great way to connect attendees.

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

RegOnline review by <span>Amanda M.</span>
Amanda M.

Great Registration Software

What do you like best?

Regonline is very easy to use, and their customer service team is wonderful. I've never came across an issue they could not easily resolve. It's great that you can copy a registration form from a previous event and easily modify it as needed. Having quick access to attendee information from previous years is also very helpful. I can see who attended an event year after year by looking up their email address in the system.

What do you dislike?

The agenda feature is a bit of a pain to deal with so we do not use it, and there have been times when I've wanted to make an update to a form and can't find the correct field to update because it is "hidden", but a quick call to customer support takes care of that issue.

Saves us time. Registration is easy for our attendees and the fees that we incur are reasonable.

RegOnline review by <span>Patrick W.</span>
Patrick W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great experience with RegOnline event registration!

What do you like best?

Great level of customer service, very easy to set up, and a competitive price. Once we were up and running, the system literally took care of itself. Loved being able to look up registrations and send email reminders/invoices. Also really liked the ability to do discount codes and group registrations with different price points (early bird, regular, late).

What do you dislike?

The only real "issue" we had was Lanyon was going through a transition period and I must have had four different account reps in four months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are hosting a paid event, educate yourself on PCI compliance, payment gateways, and credit card fees. It really helps to know what you are talking about when you do the setup.

Registration for an event that required lots of pricing structures. Saved a TON of time using RegOnline because it can handle complex registrations without manual interference.

RegOnline review by Consultant

buggy - they don't care - then they try to rip you off for it

What do you like best?

In the beginning it served my needs so I wasn't totally unhappy.

What do you dislike?

They charge way too much but it worked so I used them. Then they were purchased by Lanyon and introduced all kinds of new things that were supposed to be improvements but caused nothing but problems. I became extremely frustrated. I complained all the way to Adam Burleson, the then VP. I told him I wanted out but had a contract. He told me not to worry about the contract, that he understood and I would not be held to it. So I took my business elsewhere. OVER A YEAR LATER they come to me telling me I have to pay for not reaching my goal (because I left) for that particular year. Now they've been purchased by CVent but they still won't go away. They continue to harass me for a few hundred dollars. they're awful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely positively recommend anyone considering RegOnline just move on past them. I would not use them. There are others out there that are less costly and work much better and aren't run by thieves.

None currently.

RegOnline review by <span>Mary E B.</span>
Mary E B.

RegOnline is Easy to Work With!

What do you like best?

Ability to give the registrants access to change their own information. Reports on attendance to one or many classes. Support! They have always been able to help and cheerful about it.

What do you dislike?

Groups participants not being able to change their own classes even if it doesn't change the amount being charged on a credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability for attendees registered by one person as a group to be able to change their agenda of classes when the price does not change. Our conference is a flat fee.

Our annual conference is growing and the need for reporting for my personal use and the attendee for their use is a breeze. The ability to have attendees pay with a credit card and the processing of authorize.net is a blessing. It save us time, it does cost but my time is worth the fee.

Learn more about RegOnline

RegOnline Downloads

Learning about RegOnline?

* We monitor all RegOnline reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.