Relativity

Relativity

Relativity simplifies and accelerates how the world conducts e-discovery by bringing the entire process and community together in one open, flexible, and connected platform.

Work for Relativity?

Learning about Relativity?

Relativity Reviews

Ask Relativity a Question
Showing 129 Relativity reviews
Relativity review by <span>Matthew K.</span>
Matthew K.

Relativity - Excellent Document Review and Production Product

What do you like best?

Relativity provides a great platform which is intuitive for non-techies to use. In addition, knowing how the back end works, you can build into it custom processes and procedures (scrips, apps, etc.) to customize your workflows. It also allows for easy and consistent checks for inconsistent document coding, issues within productions, and post-production QC.

What do you dislike?

Often upgrades can cause inadvertent issues with other aspects of the workspace (i.e. the most recent upgrade cause the Date fields to normalize incorrectly when building searches). These are usually quickly addressed and repaired by Relativity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to get demos and/or review the Relativity website - they have a TON of helpful and useful videos.

We use it to assist our clients in doing culling data collections in responding to arbitration, litigation, and regulatory requests for information. The processing allows for reduced costs and simple review for inexperienced users.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Relativity
Relativity review by <span>Lynne B.</span>
Lynne B.

Flexible eDiscovery review platform with easier administrative functions

What do you like best?

Full flexibility to do a wide variety of functions, while maintaining a fairly easy and consistent approach to administrative tasks; ease of creating your own add-ons via SQL scripts, or even creating Relativity Applications. Filtering on fields is quite user-friendly, and the Field Tree that can provide one-click access to any field designated to be displayed on that list is useful. I like the dashboards in the new UI and the ability to organize (and re-organize) saved searches into folders and subfolders. I really like Categorization and the ease of email threading.

What do you dislike?

I initially disliked the rather old-fashioned look, which kind of makes me think Windows 2000. But I got over it. I find the pivots a bit limited if you try to create one with large amounts of data. Because they are created on the fly each time, they choke on larger amounts; whereas if it allowed you to create one in the back end and simply save it as static, it could do more. I wish the List function would permit addition and deletion of docs to an existing List.

My computer is an eDiscovery service provider and therefore we provide the use of Relativity (among other products) to our clients. While we also offer Ringtail (which I believe is the other top eDiscovery platform), Relativity has been better known in the marketplace for the last 10 years and therefore has more brand recognition.

What eDiscovery solution do you use?

Relativity review by <span>Tim L.</span>
Tim L.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

The most well known and respected eDiscovery platform to date

What do you like best?

When we mention to client's that we can provide hosting on our Relativity instance, we never have to explain what it is, or how it is better than the competition. The client will already know of it, or has been trained on how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Upgrading to newer versions can be quite difficult, however if we ever run into a problem, the 24 hour support staff are always there to help. We have upgraded twice, from 8.2 to 9.2 and then again from 9.2 to 9.4. The last upgrade was noticeably easier than the first, but still not foolproof..But I'm confident that in the future, it will be a more streamlined process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply put, I believe that it will be the standard for how eDiscovery platforms should be. We were lucky enough to begin using it early, and we haven't looked back.

For our business, we require a secure and large scale review platform that can be accessed from anywhere the client requires. This has not let us down yet on that aspect.

The analytics functionality also significantly reduces review time and costs for the clients, which they appreciate.

Relativity review by <span>Scott H.</span>
Scott H.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great Ediscovery tool

What do you like best?

I like that Relativity is a simple platform for users that they can do a 30 min training and be ready to review. I also enjoy the fact that from an admin side that it is more stable than other ediscovery that I have used.

What do you dislike?

I feel like some of the set-up/ upgrades have become bloated over the time that I have used Relativity. There are parts that are great such as having a response file that auto populates for items within the installer but if something goes wrong there is a lot of logs to go through to get to the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Relativity. If you are concerned possibly see about trying a case with a Hosting partner and if it meets your needs look into possibly bringing it in house or working further with a hosting partner.

We are being able to provide our partners with fast turn around and give them the ability to review their cases quickly and be prepared for what they need. Improvements over the years with the software have given the ability to freeze up some time and discover better work flows.

Relativity review by <span>Mark A.</span>
Mark A.

Powerful Document Review Software

What do you like best?

Relativity is extremely easy to use and provides a vast array of functionality. The tool can be used for the simplest of review projects by searching, coding and printing, all the way through to the most complex matters using Technology Assisted Review and advanced analytics features in order to get through vast amounts of data very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Mostly the tool is great, there are a few issues and obvious features missing, That being said the community behind Relativity is good and any issues are addressed quickly and feature request are considered and implemented if enough people are interested in them.

We solve problems for a wide array of clients including law firms, corporates and government agencies. The biggest problem is the size of data, Relativity allows us to quickly and efficiently process large amounts of data, cull data through traditional techniques such as searching or more advanced techniques such as email threading of predictive coding. We can setup custom work flows and use third party applications for audio and video review, contract review and document translation.

We have also become a RelativityOne certified partner in the UK and US, and the introduction to RelativityOne in additional countries means that we can spin up an instance in any of these countries quickly without the expensive data centre requirements.

Relativity review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

Gets the Job Done

What do you like best?

Relativity is a fairly easy program to manage and review documents with, but only if you've had training. I like that there can be multiple "sites" and sections and that you can save searches for document productions and label documents as such.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the program is not user friendly. I am also not the most computer savvy individual. Once trained with Relativity, the program is fairly simple to use, but until you've been trained, it's a bit complicated and overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relativity is a great document production database that has multiple options for labeling and categorizing client materials and documents in general. I personally suggest having a training session for all of those using the program prior to launching it with your firm to reduce confusion.

For our document productions and discovery, we use Relativity to review documents and get them ready to send to opposing counsel. We also use the program to look over our bates labeled documents and categorize and catalog them as need be.

Learn more about Relativity

Relativity Videos

Relativity Downloads

Learning about Relativity?

* We monitor all Relativity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.