Remember the Milk

On-Line and mobile task management tool

Work for Remember the Milk?
Taskray taskmanag  2x

Learning about Remember the Milk?

Compare Remember the Milk to Similar Solutions

Remember the Milk Reviews

Showing 15 Remember the Milk reviews
Remember the Milk review by <span>Heather R.</span>
Heather R.

Task Management Must Have

What do you like best?

I like being able to separate task lists by category, date, and location depending on what I'm doing. The flexibly is really helpful. RTM has continued to improve over time. I am a long time user and would be lost without it. I really like the occurrence feature to be able to set a task for a frequency when needed. The reminders are also very helpful and have saved me a few times. Also, the teams feature has been a huge improvement. You can now easily assign tasks and quickly communicate on the project.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many dislikes. I do hope it will continue to expand the offerings and make it easier for groups to utilize. It would be great to see some additional integrations to make it easier for teams to adopt. The calendar and email integrations are helpful, but more project based software would be a game changer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version out. After a couple days you'll see why it is worth paying for, but the paid version has some great features like the auto sync so you can use the browser and app and aren't stuck on just one platform.

Staying organized and better managing tasks are the main problems it has helped solve. The benefits have been seen in how I manage my day and better manage my time now. RTM has continued to helped improve productivity and being able to complete projects and tasks on time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Remember the Milk
Remember the Milk review by <span>Raquel P.</span>
Raquel P.

Personal use only

What do you like best?

It´s a friendly options to manage our personal To Do list.

The possibility of filtering the tasks is quite useful and easy to work

It has a relaxed appearance even something childish. would be a good option to start with the management of activities and projects.

What do you dislike?

The price of the full version is extremely expensive for what is offered in the application

The sharing options are not as good as in other similar applications. That's why it works better as a personal task manager than a work group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore better options for work, asana and todoist are some

none, because the most useful features come in the full version and the price for it is ridiculous.

What Task Management solution do you use?

Remember the Milk review by <span>Stephanie S.</span>
Stephanie S.

Phenomenal task management/to do list

What do you like best?

I can...access from my phone, laptop and work computer and it syncs effortlessly; create different lists to keep work and personal stuff separate; use tags to easily view tasks related to the same project all in one place; set a date to start working on something (this was a feature that other apps lacked), set a priority; estimate the time it will take to complete each task; set recurring tasks; quickly add all the details of each task with keyboard shortcuts; view what's due today, tomorrow and in the upcoming week; create smart lists to see what I need to start today or in the next few days or see only tasks that take a certain amount of time to complete; search for tasks; and get reminder emails or texts for tasks. I also find it quite cool that RTM will tell me how much time my tasks will take for each list and each day (based on my individual estimates). By the way, I get all of the above on the free version!

What do you dislike?

The app isn't equipped to handle traveling to other time zones. Whenever I travel to another time zone (behind my home time) all my due dates switch to a day early (which can become quite confusing). It seems the browser version doesn't have this issue, just the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! I compared and tested A LOT of task management apps and websites before choosing RTM. Two main things RTM has that other apps don't are: ability to access and sync from multiple devices (app and web browser) and set start dates for tasks. There is so much more to love about it though. You can't go wrong giving it a try.

I wish I had started using RTM sooner! It has made managing my tasks so much easier and I am much more productive and efficient now.

Remember the Milk review by <span>Jase M.</span>
Jase M.

Great tool for individual task management

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive interface, and simple aesthetics. Great synchronicity with mobile and desktop apps as well as browser version.

What do you dislike?

Although it creates notifications, I've found them somewhat inconsistent at times. As a result I created some fallbacks for important tasks whereby I also get an email and/or text message when those are due. That's overkill, so I wish I were more confident about the consistency of RTM's native notifications. RTM has shared tasks and delegation features, but they're not as intuitive or robust as other systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an individual task management solution, RTM is a strong one to consider. If you need to manage a team's tasks, however, think through the way RTM uses delegation because it won't likely be your strongest option for teams. It does, however, allow you to assign tasks and share them with some set up. Those features are not as intuitive or robust as its core functionality.

RTM is one of the best task or to-do management systems I've used. Its smartphone app is outstanding and its quick-add shortcuts save a lot of time when added a task once you learn them. RTM's design is simple, super functional, but also beautiful in its simplicity. Over the years I've created Agenda lists to bring up items with people I'm meeting with and it can easily work well with a range of task management methodologies, like Getting Things Done (GTD).

Remember the Milk review by <span>Sem v.</span>
Sem v.

Remembering your life

What do you like best?

The many ways in which you can use it, very flexible. And that they're listening to their community of users.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I really miss in RTM is that you can't use it like aKanban board, like for example Trello.

By using RTM we never forget something important. Plus it's very easy to make a distinction between important and less important and urgent and non-urgent

Remember the Milk review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

Quick and Easy To-Do App

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple. You can navigate between different views easily and because of the shortcuts, there is rarely a need to add additional details after the initial task creation.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing! At times it can be a little simplistic. It would be nice to see a little more in the way of UI, but the app is definitely headed in the right direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're someone who likes shortcuts, this is a great app. Lots of "super-use" shortcuts make adding tasks simple and fast.

Easy to use with many shortcuts. This app really does what it promises.

Learning about Remember the Milk?

* We monitor all Remember the Milk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Remember the Milk to Similar Solutions