Remember the Milk

On-Line and mobile task management tool

Work for Remember the Milk?

Learning about Remember the Milk?

Compare Remember the Milk to Similar Solutions

Remember the Milk Reviews

Ask Remember the Milk a Question
Showing 17 Remember the Milk reviews
Remember the Milk review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Task Management Must Have"

What do you like best?

I like being able to separate task lists by category, date, and location depending on what I'm doing. The flexibly is really helpful. RTM has continued to improve over time. I am a long time user and would be lost without it. I really like the occurrence feature to be able to set a task for a frequency when needed. The reminders are also very helpful and have saved me a few times. Also, the teams feature has been a huge improvement. You can now easily assign tasks and quickly communicate on the project.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many dislikes. I do hope it will continue to expand the offerings and make it easier for groups to utilize. It would be great to see some additional integrations to make it easier for teams to adopt. The calendar and email integrations are helpful, but more project based software would be a game changer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version out. After a couple days you'll see why it is worth paying for, but the paid version has some great features like the auto sync so you can use the browser and app and aren't stuck on just one platform.

Staying organized and better managing tasks are the main problems it has helped solve. The benefits have been seen in how I manage my day and better manage my time now. RTM has continued to helped improve productivity and being able to complete projects and tasks on time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Remember the Milk
Remember the Milk review by Raquel P.
Raquel P.

"Personal use only"

What do you like best?

It´s a friendly options to manage our personal To Do list.

The possibility of filtering the tasks is quite useful and easy to work

It has a relaxed appearance even something childish. would be a good option to start with the management of activities and projects.

What do you dislike?

The price of the full version is extremely expensive for what is offered in the application

The sharing options are not as good as in other similar applications. That's why it works better as a personal task manager than a work group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore better options for work, asana and todoist are some

none, because the most useful features come in the full version and the price for it is ridiculous.

What Task Management solution do you use?

Remember the Milk review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Phenomenal task management/to do list"

What do you like best?

I can...access from my phone, laptop and work computer and it syncs effortlessly; create different lists to keep work and personal stuff separate; use tags to easily view tasks related to the same project all in one place; set a date to start working on something (this was a feature that other apps lacked), set a priority; estimate the time it will take to complete each task; set recurring tasks; quickly add all the details of each task with keyboard shortcuts; view what's due today, tomorrow and in the upcoming week; create smart lists to see what I need to start today or in the next few days or see only tasks that take a certain amount of time to complete; search for tasks; and get reminder emails or texts for tasks. I also find it quite cool that RTM will tell me how much time my tasks will take for each list and each day (based on my individual estimates). By the way, I get all of the above on the free version!

What do you dislike?

The app isn't equipped to handle traveling to other time zones. Whenever I travel to another time zone (behind my home time) all my due dates switch to a day early (which can become quite confusing). It seems the browser version doesn't have this issue, just the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! I compared and tested A LOT of task management apps and websites before choosing RTM. Two main things RTM has that other apps don't are: ability to access and sync from multiple devices (app and web browser) and set start dates for tasks. There is so much more to love about it though. You can't go wrong giving it a try.

I wish I had started using RTM sooner! It has made managing my tasks so much easier and I am much more productive and efficient now.

Remember the Milk review by User

"Best project management software out there"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. Intuitive. It exports to a printed checklist for Luddites, and attaches files for digital natives. It's simple but powerful.

What do you dislike?

I really don't think there's anything I dislike about this app. I have used it for about four years and I adore it. I suppose I like free things, but I think it's priced well too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend the paid version. It's 100% worth it. If your collaborator can't adapt to the smartphone or desktop app, they should just print the lists.

I don't enjoy nagging my direct reports. It's great that they can control their own reminder schedules. I also don't have to argue about documentation or misconceptions, because everything is visible right away. There's no way to be confused about who is doing what.

Remember the Milk review by User in Internet

"Great tool for individual task management"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive interface, and simple aesthetics. Great synchronicity with mobile and desktop apps as well as browser version.

What do you dislike?

Although it creates notifications, I've found them somewhat inconsistent at times. As a result I created some fallbacks for important tasks whereby I also get an email and/or text message when those are due. That's overkill, so I wish I were more confident about the consistency of RTM's native notifications. RTM has shared tasks and delegation features, but they're not as intuitive or robust as other systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an individual task management solution, RTM is a strong one to consider. If you need to manage a team's tasks, however, think through the way RTM uses delegation because it won't likely be your strongest option for teams. It does, however, allow you to assign tasks and share them with some set up. Those features are not as intuitive or robust as its core functionality.

RTM is one of the best task or to-do management systems I've used. Its smartphone app is outstanding and its quick-add shortcuts save a lot of time when added a task once you learn them. RTM's design is simple, super functional, but also beautiful in its simplicity. Over the years I've created Agenda lists to bring up items with people I'm meeting with and it can easily work well with a range of task management methodologies, like Getting Things Done (GTD).

Remember the Milk review by Sem v.
Sem v.

"Remembering your life"

What do you like best?

The many ways in which you can use it, very flexible. And that they're listening to their community of users.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I really miss in RTM is that you can't use it like aKanban board, like for example Trello.

By using RTM we never forget something important. Plus it's very easy to make a distinction between important and less important and urgent and non-urgent

Remember the Milk review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Quick and Easy To-Do App"

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple. You can navigate between different views easily and because of the shortcuts, there is rarely a need to add additional details after the initial task creation.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing! At times it can be a little simplistic. It would be nice to see a little more in the way of UI, but the app is definitely headed in the right direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're someone who likes shortcuts, this is a great app. Lots of "super-use" shortcuts make adding tasks simple and fast.

Easy to use with many shortcuts. This app really does what it promises.

Remember the Milk review by Larry C.
Larry C.

"My GTD app since forever"

What do you like best?

Cross-platform Getting Things Done personal-productivity-manager that just works (and has for a long time).

What do you dislike?

Moving or promoting subtasks gets confusing

I use it to manage all of my to-do's in my attempt at implementing Getting Things Done.

Remember the Milk review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Best app out there!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. It's intuitive for Luddites (just print the checklist!) but powerful enough to satisfy a digital native. It keeps me from nagging my collaborators.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. I think the price is reasonable for its capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, buy the paid app. It's completely worth it. Integrates well with Google Drive.

It lessens conflict and confusion because everything is documented. It frees up headspace for creative work.

Remember the Milk review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Well priced, well connected to do app"

What do you like best?

RTM collects my to dos and lets me manage them effectively.

Available everywhere.

Tags and lists let you slice and dice anyway you see fit.

Smart lists are a very powerful way of creating the lists of the things you need to know.

What do you dislike?

Email import doesn't work well from gmail.

Not as many integrations as other to do lists.

No organisations so everyone has to buy their own.

To do list management and task sharing.

We know what needs done and we can give tasks to each other.

Remember the Milk review by Internal Consultant in E-Learning
Internal Consultant in E-Learning

"Better organizer"

What do you like best?

Easy to use when organizing tasks. Visualization of these tasks make the action processes easier.

What do you dislike?

Lack of compatibility with gmail. Labelling is not as easy as it could be using another tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect this tool to be useful when sync to your smartphone app

Organizing task lists, prioritizing activities and syncronizing with smartphone apps

Remember the Milk review by User in Computer Software

"An Interesting Approach to To-Do Lists"

What do you like best?

I think the simplicity of Remember The Milk is what's special about it. It's easy to understand what tasks I need to accomplish and what's left.

What do you dislike?

There are certain features that are lacking, which could potential increase productivity.

Organizing tasks and managing teams. It's also a personal productivity tool.

Remember the Milk review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Remember the Milk Review"

What do you like best?

I love that this product allows me to recieve reminders of tasks via email, text and pretty much everywhere!

What do you dislike?

The cost of the product to upgrade to the pro account.

I was using this on a daily basis to keep track and sort tasks/due dates.

Remember the Milk review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Excellent service/app with great integration with iOS and iGoogle"

What do you like best?

It has the ability to email yourself a new reminder, which is really handy and quick. It also has a very nice (free) iPod app and Google gadget for iGoogle. It is very intuitive and easily conforms to the GTD methodology.

What do you dislike?

I had some issues syncing my iOS app and my wife's iOS app for the same Remember the Milk account. I'd love to have it integrate with Outlook tasks, but that might be asking too much for a free service/app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give a try and read the help documents to get some tips & tricks

Remember the Milk review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Nice little online task management tool"

What do you like best?

It's a nice little online task management tool, it's free, and it allows you to organize tasks by Inbox, Personal, Study, Work, Sent, All Tasks...There's also an easy way to organize/filter by when things are due

What do you dislike?

Sharing tasks and lists is possible but requires that you add the other person as a contact (and then they also need to be a RTM user -- which may be more unlikely)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good tool and can be very helpful -- but I've got lots of online task lists and note taking applications on my mobile. It's hard to distinguish this one beyond those but it does have good basic, free features. There's integration with RSS/Atom and it can also generate a link to add calendar to a google calendar. Not bad overall

Remember the Milk review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"On-Line Task Management"

What do you like best?

Remember the Milk helps me stay on task. Calendar items work well, but they don't always meet the need. So I use Remember The Milk for everything--I create a task on my computer, Android phones or tablets and they sync throughout. It sends me reminder emails, pop-up alerts and helps me trend on how late I am on some of my stuff. It is very well designed and meets my needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could share tasks with other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free version, then look at buying the free one.

Remember the Milk review by User in Computer Software

"Decent Task Management Tool"

What do you like best?

It worked, and I was temporarily pleased with it.

What do you dislike?

Lack of sharing ability, it needs to be more intuitive and less guessing/troubleshooting it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free is good!

Learning about Remember the Milk?

* We monitor all Remember the Milk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Remember the Milk to Similar Solutions