Remind

(141 reviews)

Remind helps teachers reach students and parents where they are.

Work for Remind?

Learning about Remind?

Remind Reviews

Showing 140 Remind reviews
Remind review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"Remind used amongst school staff during emergency situations"

What do you like best?

The staff at my school site use Remind as a way to update each other during emergency situations, such as if we are on a lockdown or during a fire drill. If our class is safe and clear, we notify our principal on Remind and let her know. If we are missing a student or need help, we can also notify the principal. Our principal can also send us updates. I like how we can update one another easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that you must have a cell phone in order to use the app. We have a teacher who does not have a cell phone, so instead she has to use the classroom phone to call the office and notify them about safety issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! The app is free, easy to use, and easily accessible on a Smartphone.

I've realized how beneficial it is to have everyone on the same system, and we can all inform one another during an emergency situation. I've also realized how important it is to have a simple, clear, and easy system during an emergency.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Remind
Remind review by Stacy L.
Stacy L.

"How I use Remind"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Remind is that it sends notifications to others securely. In addition, it is another form of communication that I use with my parents. At my school, we were able to automatically add our parents into our class. It send them a message through text., so any reminders that are sent through Remind pops up like a text message to all my contacts. Parents have the choice to opt out of Remind, but I know for sure that majority of my parents are thankful for this app. Even I myself love the app. Also, I like that I am able to access Remind through the app on my phone. When there is a message sent to me, Remind sends me a notification through email or the notification will pop up on my phone.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Remind at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended, especially for educational purposes. This is another way to communicate with parents, staffs, and students securely.

It also enables my parents to be able to connect with me through messaging. This app was used solely for event reminders.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

Remind review by Robert B. W.
Robert B. W.

"Useful"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is for parents to sign up for. It makes it easy to send messages to my parents without them having my cell number. I like that you can upload pictures as well. My school as a whoe uses it to send out text messages to parents of important reminders or events with the school. Several of the other teachers use it to communicate with our parents. You can set up seperate groups, so if you have multiple classes, you can message the parents in that specific class. It will also let you message an individual user.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to communicate with your parents without giving out your cell number. It works much like a message app, incuding the ability to send pictures. Parents can respond with likes to your pictures as wel.

Parent communication. Easy to use.

Remind review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Great for teachers, students, and parents"

What do you like best?

I was formally a high school teacher and used Remind to communicate anonymously with my students. I found it much easier to quickly send a Remind message with updates about assignments, homework, etc. At parent-teacher conferences, I had printed out invitations for my parents to sign up for Remind as well, so they could contact me as well as get my class announcements. Students would reach out to me during my designated "office hours" through the app if they needed help with their homework or had a general classroom question. I also liked that it would translate messages in Spanish to my parents who needed it, and it only required me to click a button to translate my message.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the translating option would send or receive in "broken" English when translating from Spanish. But it was not horrible, and I was able to determine what the main idea of the message was without too much issue.

I currently am in school leadership and use Remind to send messages to my teaching staff which I find much easier and more efficient than email.

Remind review by Kyra G.
Kyra G.

"Remind is a good tool at school"

What do you like best?

The app is very simple to use, I use it for my school to send information to the parents about upcoming events, weather and general information, I like that you can reach all the families at once, you can see if they receive the message and they can communicate with you as a group or individual.

What do you dislike?

In our city we where inform that Verizon will be charge for the service so many families that use that cellphone company stop using the app and we need it to find out another source to communicate with them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you cellphone company doesn’t charge you for the use of the application

Communication, organization and creating a reliable source of information between our families.

Remind review by Christen N.
Christen N.

"Kahoot from Teacher"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this product is that it makes communication faster and easier, and it is also safe and professional. Teachers can communicate reminders about assignments or homework to students without exposing personal phone numbers, but also has the benefit of acting like a "text message" for faster response and communication. Also, this works between professionals and for big group send out information, like staff announcements. You have the options to turn off replies, so that students cannot reply and can just receive the reminders like a text.

What do you dislike?

Because it works like text messaging, there seems to be issues with phone carriers and if certain people receive these messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you play around with the account to make sure you have the settings how you want. For example, make sure that you decide if want to allow replies or no replies from students. This setting can be changed, but I recommend navigating all settings first.

It allows professionals to communicate professionally and protecting privacy of numbers. It also saves time because more people are able to receive messages sooner, which increase productivity and communication.

Remind review by Giovanni D.
Giovanni D.

"Clever easy way to embed communication with what everyone already use - a phone!"

What do you like best?

It is a non-intrusive solution for communications. Everyone has a phone - smart or not - and it can easily get connected in the communication. You can easily manage the announcements and communications with anyone.

What do you dislike?

It is not really a dislike but I will like a solution that did not involve the app to send announcements just from my phone. For example, using some sort of code it can automatically send the announcement to all people in the group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key with remind.com is that is easy to use and communicate with others. Since it already uses your phone, there is no real excuse not to be communicated anymore.

I have used remind.com as a director of a club and the main problem was to keep everyone informed. I have been using facebook and other social apps trying to do this but it is not that effective. With this application, I can easily create groups, organize them, and send announcements.

Remind review by User

"Remind has simplified school-to-parent contact!"

What do you like best?

I love that Remind makes it easy to contact all of my students' parents. I can send out individual messages or I can send out one big announcement to everyone at the same time! I can do it from my phone or my computer, which makes it easy to contact parents wherever I am at.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could re-label parents' names on the app. For example, I have a student named Bob. His sister, Sherrie, also goes to the school. Mom put her name in on the app as "Sherrie's mom". I don't know who that is without researching it first, and I can't re-label her name on my end as anything different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes contacting parents easier and more organized!

Contacting parents before remind meant very little privacy for me. I would have to give them my personal cell phone number and hope that they don't call me at 10:00 at night (which happens more often than you think). With Remind, I can set "office hours" so that I cannot be contacted past a time that I set. It also does not give them my actual phone number, so no one can call me without my permission!

Remind review by Caroline W.
Caroline W.

"review for remind"

What do you like best?

Remind does an amazing job in sending reminders for my sessions for biology automatically. These help me market my sessions well.

The remind app works well with both android and iOS and my students have never had complains about notification problems with it either.

As an administrator, it is also easy for me to keep track of the messages I sent, create to-do lists and just be organized in general.

It also allows you to create separate class sections which is great!

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Remind 101 because of its high functionalities. However, the one thing that I absolutely hate about it is that the messages are only one way, so if some of my students have questions or queries, they have to send out mass emails or spam my email to get their doubts clarified. This is not good when you conduct tutoring sessions because students come up with a lot of questions even after a session and Remind cannot help me on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for getting notification but not for 2-way chatting.

I use it to market my tutoring and supplemental instruction sessions for biology for my job. I have realized that it is good for one way messaging and admin use.

Remind review by Rema B.
Rema B.

"Great Communication Base"

What do you like best?

It is a great method of communication between educators and students alike. As someone who is an educator but not a teacher in a school, it's a great in between platform that I can use to communicate both with my students and with their teachers.

What do you dislike?

I do not think that I have use the app enough to dislike anything quite yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's truly a great platform to use as an educator. The ease of communication is great. You can easily set up classrooms and set up your own system of organization. It allows customization that you can use to suit your needs for the app.

I usually use e-mail to communicate but Remind is a set platform that is similarly set up to a social media messaging system. The interface is easy enough to use. The benefits of this app are great in that it is a refreshing and professional platform that is easy to use but it is a great alternative to traditional communication such as e-mail.

Remind review by Taylor Z.
Taylor Z.

"Great tool for easy teacher/parent communication. "

What do you like best?

Remind is very easy to use, especially with the iPhone app. I like that parents can sign up to get text message reminders and there does not need to be an exchange of phone numbers. It's easy to send a message to the entire class to remind them about anything from field trips to quizzes.

What do you dislike?

One of my favorite features of Remind was that parents could not reply as the text message is sent from the app, but some parents figured out that they can download the app and message me directly that way. I did, however, find out that messaging can be turned off--the only issue is I can't do that now as parents will realize I turned it off on them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remind is a great way to increase communication with parents in a quick and secure manner. It's user friendly, free, and has been an invaluable tool as a teacher. I highly recommend it for teachers seeking increased parent/teacher communication.

Rather than send out an email that most parents won't read, I can send a quick text reminder that will actually be seen by my students' parents. It makes sending reminders quick and painless. I often set an alarm on my phone to send reminders; when I see it, I am able to quickly send the message, no matter where I am, right from my phone.

Remind review by Naomi R.
Naomi R.

"Remind 101 is a game changer for contacting students!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have different groups for different classes or extra-curricular activities I run. I also like that I can contact individual students within the whole group, or the entire group. I also like the support that messages can come directly to my phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to rely on my students to add the group in order for it to work. I wish there was a way that once they are associated with my school, I could manually add them to the group, or that if I had their phone numbers, I could also manually add them to the group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a group of students you need to register, make them sign up right in front of you! Either that, or have some valuable piece of information included in your first message!

This has been a nice way to send push notifications to many students, quickly. It works more efficiently than some other educational sites we have access to.

Remind review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"Excellent for K-12, Language Learners, and Adult Education "

What do you like best?

This app is extraordinarily simple to use. My students of all levels of language and tech-savviness are able to get Remind on their phones. I use the app to make announcements (we're having a potluck in class today!) and to share photos of the exciting things we do in class with those who weren't there. Likewise, my students use Remind to let me know if they're sick, and to check in about the details of their assignments. We're able to do do all of this without sharing phone numbers. I love it!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no negative thoughts about this application. It just works and they're always making it better.

Many students don't have or know how to use email, but they are comfortable using their phones. I am uncomfortable sharing my phone number with students, but with Remind I can open up the lines of communication while protecting my privacy.

Remind review by AJ C.
AJ C.

"Easy, intuitive, and best of all FREE!"

What do you like best?

What I love about Remind is that it keeps me connected to my students outside the classroom. I teach distance learning and it's difficult to maintain contact with so many students. Remind makes it easy for me to keep a personal touch with great efficiency.

What do you dislike?

The web-based platform has improved a lot over the years, but it still leaves something to be desired. Although, it's simplicity is perhaps what makes it so intuitive and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remind is so easy to try, you'd be silly not to see if it meets your communication needs. The iOS app alone makes it worth it.

I have struggled to maintain frequent communication with my distance learning students because phone calls are so out-dated for the population I serve. Being able to text my students has increased our dialogue, which I anticipate will increase their work completion!

Remind review by Amelia S.
Amelia S.

"Using Remind is so easy!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to communicate through Remind. I think one of the best features is that it allows you to set reminders both for other people and for yourself, for any particular task. As an Academic Tutor and a student as well, I find it very easy to use it both as a student and a tutor, without having to send my phone number to anyone.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you cannot reply through Remind is very restricting for a lot of purposes. The communication is only one way. Other than that, there isn't much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works great on iphone and android both, so that's amazing!!

I use it to communicate with my students and get notified about the course related content my professors post. It makes my task of keeping up with things pretty easy.

Remind review by Eric J.
Eric J.

"Excellent Texting App"

What do you like best?

Ability to reach all my students instantly and with a consistent message. Since kids have their phones with them at all times, you know you are reaching them. You can also create as many 'groups' as you want, which helps to keep you organized with who you want to reach

What do you dislike?

I wish there was no character limit for your messages, ala Twitter. Also, i'm not sure if it notifies you when people leave your group

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to keep in touch with our Youth Group. Kids always have their phones with them so they can't say they didn't get my messages!

I am able to reach all in my group at the same time. Also, you have the ability to allow or disallow replies which can keep the conversations 'clean' if you so choose.

Remind review by Candice M.
Candice M.

"Remind Your Students, Remind Your Coworkers"

What do you like best?

Remind is a simple tool that allows you to set up a group to send "a remind" to. A remind is much like an email blast or a text to a group, in that it sends the same message to a set group of people. Even better it allows you to receive messages back, without the group knowing your phone number. Ideal for teachers, you can send out a remind to remind the class of tests, project due dates, and homework. And if anyone has any questions they can send it back to you no problem.

What do you dislike?

Some students try to take advantage of remind and send silly things back to you, and there's only a few things you can do. You can talk to them face to face and ask them to quit, and if they don't the only in app option is to remove them. The ideal solution in my opinion would be a one way communication channel with that student, where they can receive reminds, but not respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest thing to consider with remind is that students can get a hold of you during your free time. You can turn off notifications, but that would almost defeat the point. Just remember that just because you CAN be accessible 24/7, you don't have to be, take some time for yourself.

Remind doesn't eliminate people saying "I forgot" but it makes it less of an issue and even better, it shifts the blame forgetting more onto the student. While it seems to add some responsibility to the teacher to remind, I'm okay with that.

Remind review by Kerianne L.
Kerianne L.

"Easy way to communicate with families and students!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can not only access this from my computer, but also from my phone. It is a fantastic way to communicate with all in an organization or individual parents. It is a secure, private way to communicate quickly in a technology focused words.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints or dislikes at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and FREE! It's hard to complain about a free program that allows you to communicate this easily. You can set up various classes and lists and message everyone individually or together. You can also schedule messages to be sent in the future.

Communication! Sometimes it is hard to reach parents who don't have time to answer phone calls or the means to answer e-mails all the time. Texting parents creates an easy way to give quick messages and a way for parents to respond as quickly as possible.

Remind review by Administrator

"Great Tool, Limited Admin"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to quickly send text reminders to various groups. Inputting is relatively easy and the system is pretty user friendly. It cuts down on a lot of time spent texting reminders.

What do you dislike?

The inability to edit names and basic user info is maddening. Any other user in any other organization can add wrong information linked to the same person’s cell phone number and then anyone in any organization will be stuck with that incorrect information until you contact support and have them fix the issue. Many times, they won’t fix the issue unless the user themselves submits a request for support. This is VERY unhelpful and can take up to 3 days to get a response. As an admin of our organization’s account, I have no power to make any needed changes to any account without contacting support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are ok with waiting for support and be sure to input information correctly the first time. Any errors in input will cost you days of time to get corrected. It can end up being a huge hassle on the admin side of the program.

It saves time texting many different users. Most users receive text messages quicker and more effectively than via email or other communication methods. I have found that info is more clearly communicated and easily received via this platform than others we have tried. It has definitely been a time saver!

Remind review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"Easy way to communicate "

What do you like best?

This platform is a great way to communicate with students and is easy to use. I can easily send out reminders of upcoming tests, quizzes, and projects within seconds. Since most students rely on text messages it is the perfect option for me.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is a character limit per each text. If it goes over the limit it has to split the text message into multiple texts.

Remind works well at sending out mass texts to all faculty and staff (not just students). This way we can easily communicate with staff members without having to be at a computer and send an email.

Remind review by Neal C.
Neal C.

"My favorite communication tool"

What do you like best?

The latest advance that allows students to message back, but still keeps individual contact numbers confidential. That was a major step forward for Remind.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have absolutely nothing that I can put in a "dislike" column about this product. I am a big fan. Use it daily. Have the app on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to anyone in the education field. Even at the Elementary level, when students do not yet have phones, teachers could use remind to contact parents about upcoming events. In the secondary and college levels, Remind is indispensable. Really, I cannot believe that I used to teach without it.

Communication with students for classes and after school activities. The ability to quickly and easily contact all in one fell swoop is awesome.

Remind review by Jessica T.
Jessica T.

"Great way to reach anyone!"

What do you like best?

Almost everyone I know has some sort of smartphone so why not create an app that texts you about your child's upcoming field trip or if tomorrow is a surprise jeans day, all the teacher's know what I am talking about haha. I love that I can reach my audience with the click of a button and know that because so many people are mobile phone users, they received my message. I love that you can see past messages and I love that you can add different classes!

What do you dislike?

The interface is nice but a little boxy. Honestly, though it's nothing to really be bothered by. It

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product because it's a very fast and simple way to reach people. Most people have their cell phone on them at all times and for that reason, Remind is a very valuable way to reach everyone. It takes a few minutes to connect with someone and they get updates or important information whenever you need them too.

I am reaching people in the click of a button, on a device they likely have in their possession at all times. There is nothing quicker or more direct than that.

Remind review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great tool for Student Contact"

What do you like best?

I like that this service allows for quick, direct communication with students and parents. I can contact entire classes at one time, or send individual reminders. It’s easily accessible on my phone, so it hardly takes any time to access or send a message. I like that the teacher can establish “office hours” so students can know when the teacher can receive/answer messages and when he/she is unavailable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is a character limit for what can be sent. Sometimes I have a little more to say than can fit into one remind message. It is also hard to descipher how to fix a sending error, if one occurs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if your students use their smart phones frequently outside of school. It has been helpful in my classroom when students have an assignment due especially after a long weekend or break.

Direct and easy student contact. This helps student organization and preparedness, and provides an easy method of communication for students and teachers after school hours should any relevant school questions arise.

Remind review by Agnes A.
Agnes A.

"Best App for teachers"

What do you like best?

Is the best application for teachers.It helps the communication between teachers and parents. It allows you to send texts, pictures, and remind students of upcoming tests, quizzes and assignments.It also allows two way communication.

What do you dislike?

It only allows you to send texts if you have the app.Students are not allowed to replied just parents.The character limit for group text is not enough.

It becomes very helpful because it has an online platform, text and also an application for your phone.You can send real time notifications.

Remind review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Pros / Cons of the Remind program"

What do you like best?

- Easy to type out messages to send out to select group of students via computer

- Like that each student receives a phone number that is unique to them

- Student is able to directly text back and I can respond to individual texts without letting everyone else see what I wrote

- Ability to schedule when to send out specific messages at a specific date and time

- Multi-functional platform (I can reply to messages via my phone and also via my computer)

What do you dislike?

- Inability to send texts to select subgroups of people (beyond doing it one by one)

- Inability to input multiple student numbers to join the program

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend Remind as a versatile platform for sending text messages to your students. This program is great whether you are a teacher or a department whom work with students. Remind is easy to use, affordable (it's free), and more important provides a quick and simple way for you to connect to your students.

- Ability to send out critical messages to students in a timely manner without having to sync program to internal student data

- 24/7 access

Remind review by Jehn K.
Jehn K.

"Great for getting the word out"

What do you like best?

Ability to make different lists for each group. You can also see the names of each participant so there aren't just random numbers.

What do you dislike?

There is a maximum word count and we sometimes have to send multiple texts for one message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for multiple groups, but some people can get spammed if they are in many groups with the same message.

We have different groups we need to send messages to, so this eliminates possible spam. It is also easy to use and you can schedule texts.

"Remind 101 Review"

What do you like best?

It helps teachers and coaches keep players, parents, and students up to date and allows easy communication via tools that folks use most (phones). It's a great way to get out last minute info, or share reminders. It is a great tool for our Carrer development center because we are able to send updates on students' phone without them using the internet which is really helpful.

What do you dislike?

Students cannot unsubscribe themselves, and importing contacts is slow. I wish that the texts could come from my personal number in this case. But. other than that it works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A big competitor to apps like GroupMe but if you need something which is easy to use and send text messages, this is the way to go.

I use it at my job to send out reminders to students about potential appointments they might have or if we are hosting a seminar or an event at the Career Development center.

"Remind 101 Review"

What do you like best?

Remind 101 has helped me a lot in keeping track of my mentees involvement and progress in getting more students in their tutoring sessions. The main thing which makes it better then apps like GroupMe is that students can get texts from their tutors on their phones without downloading the app or connecting to the internet.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it gets hard for students especially with Android phones to get alerts. This minor bug definitely needs to be fixed. Also, my mentees have told me that remind sometimes lags and that some students even they signed up for it were not getting the updates. Needs to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will suit you if you have people you need to send reminders to free of cost and in their messages rather than any online source.

I use it with my mentees so that they can use these in their sessions to remind students about any updates about their tutoring sessions or any time changes.

Remind review by Aidan G.
Aidan G.

"Review for Remind"

What do you like best?

Remind is a good place to post announcements of the classes, upcoming assignments, and tests. It is easy to use and set up. I like how the messages are one ended, which is a good thing if you are an administrator.

The app is really good and efficient as well!

What do you dislike?

It lags a lot at times and does not beat other messaging apps like GroupMe and so on. It would be great if they can include more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using it.

I use it for posting reminders for my lectures. It is easily accessible and reminds me of the upcoming stuff to do as well!

Remind review by User in Higher Education

"Remind makes connecting with parents and student a breeze"

What do you like best?

Remind allows you to connect with students and parents via text and email without sharing a ton of personal information. So many students are glued to their phones so this allows people to use that to their advantage! The chat function is helpful, although one of the two districts I have worked in did not allow its use.

What do you dislike?

Some districts take issue with the chat feature. Opening the door to cell phone use can create a classroom management issue for some. Also, there can be some disparity for students/parents who do not have access to a cell phone or the internet consistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to easily communicate with a group this is the way to do it. It is especially handy for working with secondary students.

This is a quick and easy way to push out messages. The fact that you can access it via an app on a mobile device is incredibly helpful!

Remind review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Easy, direct communication"

What do you like best?

That I am able to reach a large group instantly in a way that the recipients will actually see and read. The ability for recipients to "like" a post does help to know that the message did go through and it being read by the recipients. Also, the lack of two way communication makes parents feel that their privacy is being respected, as well as do I, as a classroom teacher. I don't always feel comfortable handing out my personal contact information, and i know the parents often feel the same, but this tool allows for us to both use our personal devices but maintain privacy.

What do you dislike?

That I have to be brief and have a character limit. Also, that there isn't room in the message for a standard "signature" with additional contact information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is not two-way communication using remind; that protects the privacy of the users, but can feel limiting if a recipient has additional questions.There is the ability for recipients to "respond" the the message with a "like" signaling to the sender that the message was received. Also, your messages must be brief and to the point- this feature does ensure that the messages will be read in their entirety, however, can lead to confusion if the message is too succinct and recipients don't know how to reach out for additional information.

Reaching families quickly with important reminders. Not every family will check an email in a timely manner, but almost everyone checks a text message immediately.

Remind review by User

"Remind is a wonderful communication tool for teachers!"

What do you like best?

This is a free app. Parents are able to send a text and sign up to receive reminders from the teacher. It’s a great way to send a quick note or reminder to all parents at the touch of a few buttons. Parents can also join multiple groups, which are all organized separately and easily accessible. It’s especially great for parents with more than one child who have teacher(s) who use Remind. Each group they are in is listed separately on the side and can be accessed quickly.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning it was tricky helping parents follow the directions to sign up and send the text that allows them to join the group, however once I was able to assist some of the parents who are less familiar with this technology it was fine.

It is the least confusing communication app I have seen so far. Once the parents are set up as members of your class, you can easily communicate important messages and reminders with them. Also, it looks just like a group text message so it’s a familiar format for parents.

Remind review by Lindsay K. R.
Lindsay K. R.

"Easy way for teachers and parents to communicate"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the Remind app is that parents can sign up for alerts from multiple teachers, clubs, and the administration all in one app. They can communicate back directly with the staff without having to exchange personal cell numbers, wait for emails to be answered or try to catch a teacher when they aren't mid-class. It is also very convenient to not have to be using a computer to access.

What do you dislike?

The sign up process is a little confusing for parents as they have to have the app on their phone, have a randomly-generated alpha-numeric code for each specific teacher and when they don't want to be included in that teacher's list, they have to go in and manually unsubscribe.

It's been really nice to have a 'one stop shop' place to quickly and easily be able to communicate with parents, without having to give out phone and email information, and without requiring computer access.

Remind review by Connie M.
Connie M.

"Love this app for keeping up with a group of people! "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to respond and get answers. I love that it’s private, that even if you send out a group text the response is not in a group.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I think this app is amazing. I wouldn’t change anything and it has simplified my life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love this product for keeping in touch with a large group!

Keeping up with a group of people who are hard to get to respond otherwise. It works well!

Remind review by User in Higher Education

"Amazing hassle-free option for contacting student groups!"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and sign up students into the system. Very easy to send messages. to participants. Privacy of staff and student's personal contact information is comforting.

What do you dislike?

Sending messages to subgroups of the larger group/class are limited to 9 people or less. Would be great if that number were higher. A message sent to a group of 12 requires 2 message groups (9 and 3)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Students are not reading emails regularly, but they WILL check their phone's text messages. Remind gets your message heard by your students. Additionally, users can message students without sharing or requesting personal phone numbers in the process.

Until telepathy is perfected, contacting students via text message is ideal to get your message heard. Students will read the message and have the ability to interact with the message's sender without revealing personal phone numbers in the process.

Remind review by Meghann S.
Meghann S.

"Remind Makes Things Easy"

What do you like best?

Remind is very simple and easy to use for organizing events for large groups of people.

What do you dislike?

The app can take a little while to download, so you need to plan ahead to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly and easy to implement via text to join. You don't have to have the app, and can easily use for all ages.

Mass communication to large groups of people for quick things is a huge benefit of Remind. I work in events, and this is something we need to do pretty consistently.

Remind review by Heidi H.
Heidi H.

"Contact parents quickly and privately"

What do you like best?

I can send individual or group text to the parents of my students easily from my computer or my smartphone

What do you dislike?

Renaming people within the group has to be done by the person, I cannot take care of it on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for educators! Keep your personal information private but connect with parents using text message!

I have been able to connect with my students and their parents easily and in a method that is efficient. I also know that they received and saw the message on their end.

Remind review by Kimberly C.
Kimberly C.

"Digital notes for the busy parent."

What do you like best?

We all know that children are not reliable with communicating information from school to home. This is where Remind becomes very helpful. remind has an online platform, text, and an app. It allows its users to sign up with multiple teachers at one time. The software is easy to use and has very little downtime since I start using it almost a year ago. Additionally, the app, as well as the online platform, allows two way communication. I can ask questions about an event without calling the school or questioning my son.

What do you dislike?

He software is just basic. Imagining a digital note that comes to your phone or email. While it doesn't have all the bell and whistles it serves it purpose.

Since people are always on their phones, Remind gives its users a digital note of events and activities happening in and around the school. While notes may get lost or kids may forget a message, Remind is a constant helper in staying abreast of school involvement.

"Using Remind for Camp!"

What do you like best?

Remind is easy to use and great for communication with others. It is especially helpful when there is a need for a large group of people to connect and communicate. It offers an alternative to everyone needing to add everyone else to a contact list, group chat, etc.

What do you dislike?

Because we use Remind during the summer and school year, it can be confusing to the users which "class" they're supposed to be in and how to find other people. Usually, our admins are able to solve these issues, but when they're not around to answer support questions, problem-solving generally takes more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend using this app! Helpful for those who don't want to crowd their phones with group chat apps or receive excessive notifications from new texts. Get it if you're tired of groups chats and messages and don't want to be checking multiple platforms for notifications. Remind is perfect for the times that you may need to message someone but don't know how to spell their name or don't have their contact information. The class you are in will have all of that and it's easy to access and message from.

Communication is smooth and fast. I appreciate having fewer notifications than a group chat normally does with the added benefit of not needing to have everyone's information yourself. It's also highly convenient to know first and last names and not worry about spelling something wrong or having to ask.

Remind review by Jacki B.
Jacki B.

"Safe, Secure Messaging"

What do you like best?

A safe and reliable method of contacting students and parents, i have used remind for years now. I appreciate the way it has transformed from generalized messaging to more personalized messaging. If i am ever grading and need to contact a student about an assignment, i can rest assured that contact is happening via a safe venue.

What do you dislike?

I am continuing to wait on a feature that would allow you to upload small videos. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

No hesitation in recommending to others

Just generalized one on one communication is made simpler. Parents also love the ease of communication.

Remind review by Alisha C.
Alisha C.

"Effective Group Communication"

What do you like best?

Remind is a helpful in communicating with large groups, we can all respond quickly via text, email, or through the app. Signing up is also a breeze. The app is also user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It would be good if when we sent messages that our name would show up by the message or our initials at least.

Mass communication with groups whose individuals are spread out across the country. It is possible to “meet” up anywhere and get quick bits of information to large groups.

Remind review by User in Higher Education

"Remind is a great communication tool!"

What do you like best?

I use the Remind app constantly to communicate with the parents or families of my students. It is safe and allows me to send text messages without revealing my personal cell phone number. I can send both pictures and text easily, and parents seem to appreciate this mode of communication.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about Remind, except possibly the number of emails they send me when I am not using the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage every teacher or leader of a group to try this app. It really makes life easier and is received well by others.

This has solved the issue of knowing how best to communicate with families, since they do not often respond to emails and it is not ideal to share a person cell phone number.

Remind review by Nathan W.
Nathan W.

"A great way to connect with students, athletes, and parents!"

What do you like best?

the best part of Remind is the ability to communicate with students, athletes, and parents effectively while also maintaining a level of privacy. The features that are great for the software is how I can send out whole group notifications or private messages to individuals, without them ever having my personal cell or me have their phone number.

What do you dislike?

When using it connected with your phone as text messaging, I wish the name would be attached with the number, just like it is when you open the app or the website platform. Instead it is often a random phone number, and I don't always want to put them into my contacts, knowing that next year or the following season I won't have the same students/athletes/parents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Remind for anyone who needs to contact a group whether it is a class of students, a community get together, or even a sports team for coaches. It creates a very easy way to communicate that is safe and private.

This has helped me solve communication problems with parents, and it has greatly cut down on emails from students and parents about certain school or team related questions.

Remind review by Jenann E.
Jenann E.

"Remind: more options than before"

What do you like best?

Remind (formerly called Remind 101) is an easy and safe way to contact students. You can send out text messages en masse to your entire class. This helps when notifying of schedule changes, upcoming exams, etc. Because it blocks your actual phone number, students can't harass you or claim you were sending inappropriate messages (unless you actually are). In turn, you cannot see your student's numbers.

What do you dislike?

When Remind gained new features, using them correctly was complicated for us old users of their former program. Before you couldn't contact individual students, which I actually liked a lot. Now you can contact individuals, and it could happen accidentally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great resource for educators; you can have parents or even students (at higher grade levels) add a class using a unique code. Then you can send out text messages live or schedule them in advance to those signed up to that unique code. You can have multiple codes or classes and send messages to all students (schedule change) or just one class (assignment due, reminder to study for an exam, etc). Because Remind doesn't show any direct phone numbers, it's safe for you and your students!

For an educator, Remind's service is helping me keep contact with my students without safety of myself or my students being compromised.

Remind review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"Best communication app ever!"

What do you like best?

I love that my students and parents can message me any time with any questions they have and I can respond immediately. My students and parents have access too me during school and after school without me having to give out my personal phone number.

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes. This app is a teacher who wants to encourage his or her students dream come true. It provides a means for communication that allows an open door policy to be implemented.

Benefits are that I can reach parents and students with one app.

"Remind App Review"

What do you like best?

Remind allows us to stay in contact with all members of our youth civic group for scheduling, meetings, fundraising ideas and plans, and to keep up on all finances. Able to send out one notice and group members can choose the method they can best see the notices either by app, email, or group text depending on how they have set themselves up.

What do you dislike?

Some people seem to occasionally fall off the group list. We are working to resolve this since this is a new program for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program to consolidate messages sent out. Group members choose how they want to see your messages so there is no more excuses for communication breakdowns.

Staying in contact, updating all involved with details, changes, group needs.

Remind review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"A great way for a coach to interact with his athletes"

What do you like best?

This app provides a safe way to have interactions with my high school age athletes without giving out my personal phone number. The updated version now allows for whole class messages, group messages of up to 9 people in a "class" or individuals. Each teacher/coach has the option of turning replies on or off, allowing students to reply to your original message. Remind never deletes a message and you have the ability to get an email copy of every conversation you have had with an athlete or student. There is a website version of the product and I have also used the iphone application as well. The phone app works great and is the version I use most often.

What do you dislike?

The application does take some time to load occasionally, making it not quite as fast a text messaging. Remind has also gone through a lot of updates (all of them good) which has required relearning a lot of how the application works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes very little start up time, which makes it easy to give it a trial run to see if the application will work for your needs. I highly recommend the iphone application as well.

This application makes it much easier to get in contact with the athletes I coach. I am able to send out team wide announcements or contact one individual on the team if needed. It is all the convenience of a text message without giving out my personal phone number and having every message recorded for safety reasons.

Remind review by User

"The best asset to my classroom!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to communicate with my families through an anonymous number. Parents are able to text me questions and I am able to quickly respond through my phone. I like having the ability to text a parent a quick question versus always having to call. Parents appreciate the simplicity of contacting me through their regular text messaging screen.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to send larger pictures and visuals/images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful app to improve school to home communication.

I am able to communicate through remind with school families in a way that they enjoy and I still keep my personal contact information private.

Remind review by Millicent P.
Millicent P.

"Great Way to Message Your Class"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to send messages to my students directly on their cell phones without giving them my cell phone number. I love that I can message the entire class or individual students or their parents. I also like that I can schedule messages to be sent at specific times.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I don't like. The one issue I used to have has been recently fixed.

I use remind to communicate with students, send reminders, send assignments, and update changes in real time.

Remind review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"I love being able to have a group message that allows everyone to be on the same page at once. "

What do you like best?

It’s great that you can get reminders in the app and as text messages.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t been unhappy with anything related to it so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe have a feature that allows people to be anonymous. I like being able to see everyone in the group, but I would ask like an additional feature to have a group I could implement that’s anonymous. Then I could use it in Private practice.

Benefits include being able to have everyone on the same page at the same time. You can send one message and alerts everyone you include simultaneously.

Learning about Remind?

* We monitor all Remind reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.