Do you work for Remote Desktop?

Remote Desktop Services Reviews & Product Details

What is Remote Desktop Services?

Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, formally known as Terminal Services, is a desktop virtualization software for Microsoft Windows products.

Remote Desktop Services Profile Details

Remote Desktop Services Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Remote Desktop Services Reviews

1-50 of 71 total Remote Desktop reviews

Remote Desktop Services Reviews

1-50 of 71 total Remote Desktop reviews
Remote Desktop review by Alex W. B.
Computer Systems Information Technology Instructor

"Remote Desktop Services"

What do you like best?

This is very convenient when I need to access some work files from home that my work computer has. As long as I have good Internet connection, I can access my work computer using this software.

What do you dislike?

Of course when the Internet is down, nothing will work. Currently I am not able to use the Internet at home because one of the Sub Stations is Damaged from a recent storm. Other than that things really work well when I need to access my work computer from home when it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is within Windows Operating systems to use.

The problems with some businesses are that Printer issues that occur. Saves time and travel when using Remote Desktop services to access their issues and resolve them. Saves me gas and travel time.

Remote Desktop review by loni b.
Operation Specialist

"I use this because I have a Mac."

What do you like best?

I like that I can run Windows programs on this even though I use a mac. I am able to transfer any information from the software to dropbox and then I can locate that on my mac.

What do you dislike?

It is not as clear as the screen on the mac. It's slighty blurry. Since it is on a server I have to wait for IT to update the software in order for me to update it. But that is not necessarily a problem of the program. I also had a resolution issue when I had to change my password. So they had to delete my log in and creat a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your IT department sets up your printer to print from the program.

I prefer a mac over windows but my boss uses a pc and therefore we need to be able to utilize the same program and it has granted me access to the program without having to use a different a computer. The dell computers we use here are quite a bit heavier than the macs.

Remote Desktop review by User

"Software used to Connect to Work Computer"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (also known as Remote Desktop Connection) is the software that I use to connect to my work computer from home. I can use software and manipulate files in the work computer using my home computer. This is very convenient when I need to access some work files from home or work at home using the software that my work computer has. As long as I have good Internet connection, I can reliably access to my work computer using this software.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about this software. I had several connection issues with this software, but it was caused by the Internet connection or the technical difficulties caused by my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a reliable software if you want to have remote access to your work computer. I have not experienced any abrupt disconnection because of this software whenever I have good Internet connection.

I can solve problems of not being able to access softwares and files in my work computer from home. This software allows me to work at home comfortably by connecting my home computer to the system of my work computer. I can have benefits of getting rid of necessity of going to work physically to access softwares and files in my work computers.

Remote Desktop review by Hubert W.
Sr. IT Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Remote Desktop Services useful and essential"

What do you like best?

Remote Desktop Services is a great way to connect to remote servers in order to run applications and perform tasks. It's built-into Windows so there isn't any major installation needed though if you don't have this installed, you will need to add it in the Windows features. Once connected, it is easy to use as you are basically connected to another desktop and you're able to control it as you would a local PC.

Internally, this is a cost-saver as dedicated remote access tools do not need to be purchased. From an administration standpoint, this is a Microsoft product so for those with dedicated Windows support teams, they do not need ot manage 3rd party software.

What do you dislike?

While saved sessions can be done, a tree feature where you can have a list of desktops would be nice. Right now, I save my desktops to a folder and open the ones I want but a tree is something that I think would be easy to add and is a must-have for a future release.

Another matter is as it is tied to Active Directly, you will need RDP access granted from the system administrator. While this is an important feature security-wise, it is sometimes a little buggy trying to establish a connection due to some of the inherent issues with AD itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As the tabbed or tree views are not available, it would be possible to try the Microsoft Management console to save your connections. However, that is another installation and isn't supported by all versions of Windows. I would recommend saving sessions in a folder with meaningful names so that it would be easy to find the desktop you need.

Another recommendation is to configure the remote desktop based on the resolution of your screen. This would prevent issues where scroll bars would be needed to navigate around. It is also a good idea to disable non-essentials, such as sound, in order to speed up the experience.

The main business problem solved is distance. Rather than having to be physically at another station, you can simply RDP to it. I use it mostly to test our web filtering tools as my remote desktop belongs to a network that is monitored. By using Remote Desktop Services, I am able to connect remotely and simulate user experiences with the web filter and adjust the appliance as needed. I would be unable to do this from my normal desktop as it belongs in a non-filtered network.

As stated earlier, this is built into Windows and is basically free thus saving a business money.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator

"Remote Desktop "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to access programs from my MacBook that are on a PC. We use a program called Active Directory for our students' information and rather than having to change computers when I need to access information from the active directory, I am able to access the information from my MacBook. I also like that I am able to access this 24/7, I do not have to be in the building for access.

What do you dislike?

If another user is using Active Directory I am not able to access the program.

Students who forget their password, get locked out, or need to change their password.

Remote Desktop review by Brian S.
Network Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"remote desktop is fast, useful and very essential to our company"

What do you like best?

Remote desktop is builtin in any windows OS therefore there's no need to go thru installation process to use it.

What do you dislike?

it opens multiple window in order to connect with multiple sessions. Hoping that there would be just window with multiple tabs for multiple sessions so it's not messy to look at it

Recommendations to others considering the product

RDP is the best client to use when accessing remote windows PC

We have a windows server running everyday 24/7 and we use remote desktop server to get into it. Our billing system is running on windows server 2012

Remote Desktop review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"I love using remote desktop"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about using remote desktop is the ability to both troubleshoot and fix issues without having to leave the desk. This is especially important because it saves on travel time and is essential if your client is far away from your location. There are some things that you might not be able to easily accomplish with remote desktop but between rdp, powershell, and/or the command line you are pretty much set

What do you dislike?

The only downside to remote desktopping is that you are slightly limited in the things that you can do and that is just due to the computer not being in windows, otherwise Remote Desktop works wonderfully

Client troubleshooting mostly

Remote Desktop review by Tushar B.
Software Engineer 3
Internet
(10,001+ employees)

"Excellent tool for remote desktop"

What do you like best?

I use it primarily on my mac to connect to my desktop at work if I am working remotely. It has good features for full screen and easy to copy content from my local mac to remote desktop. Some other tools I have used don't have that feature. Easy to configure and use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I have really liked the tool. One of the best services so far I have used compared to any other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using anything else for remote desktop services, consider using this. I am sure you will love using this compared to any other tool.

I use to it to connect to my remote desktop at work from my laptop.

Remote Desktop review by Kai X.
Special Experiences Specialist - Executive Office
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Slow and unstable platform"

What do you like best?

- We are able to access our office/enterprise desktop from almost everywhere in the world

- It is simple to use and easy to learn

What do you dislike?

- It is HIGHLY unstable, I will usually last about 5 - 10 mins before I have to reboot or re-login

- It is very slow, the connection compare to using it at work sometimes make me feel like going to work instead of using remote desktop from home/coffee shop

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Get use to the glitches/plan your day with this in mind

- Use this when necessary, knowing you have a back up plan

- We are hoping to help people who calls us on the emergency line

- We need 24/7 support whenever we go

Benefit: We are able to use this to provide emergency support and 24/7 helpline

Remote Desktop review by User in Legal Services

"Mostly Reliable"

What do you like best?

This product in connection with SonicWall allows me to work remotely from home. It allows me access to everything I have on my work computer, including files that are not saved on the server. I truly do not have to be in the office to access everything I own on my computer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that at times the connection can be very spotty. I have had issues with both this service and SonicWall in the past. At times I randomly lose connection and I have lost my work product/progress as a result. This probably is the worst aspect (and really the only one) of this product.

As I previously noted, this product allows me to have a flexible work schedule. If I ever need to attend to matters at home, I can easily do so through this product. It allows me the option to stay at home or travel but keep up with work / colleagues.

Remote Desktop review by Tyler R.
Support Manager

"Granddaddy of them All"

What do you like best?

It is the single most reliable, consistent and among the most robust, accommodating remote desktop solutions you'll find - and I've used quite a few! You know what you're getting with this software and regardless of the version I've used, it hits the mark.

What do you dislike?

It is fairly resource-intensive, using up a fair bit of RAM and also requiring a rather strong, stable internet connection (Wi-FI will work but beware disconnections).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to find and try so give it a test drive and compare it with others on the market. The one thing you're unlikely to recognize with mere demos or trial runs is how consistent Remote Desktop Services is. Our customers and employees use the product constantly and they've never once been at fault for an issue, inaccessibility, etc.

Software access, remote control, shadowing, remote support. The benefits are countless and we're unlike to stop using the software any time soon.

Remote Desktop review by Jerod J.
Marketing Manager
Business Supplies and Equipment

"Just works"

What do you like best?

Fully functioning remote desktop solution with excellent security options. Works well as a business solution for remote employees, or for home use working with media servers.

What do you dislike?

Does get laggy, even with fast connections. Not horribly so, but enough to be frustrating at times. When Steam In-Home Streaming is able to push HD games through my network at 60fps, it's gotta be possible to load a web page on a remote desktop without it lagging.

The problem is worse, though more understandable, when working remotely. Though it does seem to be the best solution on the market at the moment, especially for the cost.

We have a few employees that work remotely, and need to be able to access their desktops and/or our servers. RDS works perfectly for this.

Remote Desktop review by Irfan R.
Full Stack Developer

"Remote desktop still needs improvement"

What do you like best?

The product is good and offer connecting to remote pcs just in 2 clicks. It allows storing credential of various connection and thus allows user to connect immediately.

What do you dislike?

Well, I haven't looked for any other alternative and use this remote desktop app to connect to my remote server. Its good but still needs so much improvements. The main problem I face, it gets disconnected when my internet connection is not stable. I believe somehow it should maintain the session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on mac and want to connect to window machine then this is very lightweight app you should go for. You can store multiple credential in this and then can connect in just 2 clicks to any of your machine.

I am a developer and having few remote machines provided by my client. I use this app on my mac to connect to windows machine. This way I can access any window machine on top of my mac.

Remote Desktop review by User in Real Estate

"Remote desktop services"

What do you like best?

The ability to access servers and desktops remotely is a huge benefit to any IT professional. In fact, it actually seems more like a necessity rather. Being able to connect to a machine off-site allows for better troubleshooting of issues that might be localized.

What do you dislike?

Since it is a built in tool, I shouldn't expect too many options but I do wish there were more features. Features like the ability to log out a user and sign in as yourself without losing the connection would be great. Also, a file transfer option would be something that would be quite helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this in addition to any other remote services your company uses.

We are using it to connect quickly and easily to our servers. We also use it to connect to clients computers to troubleshoot root causes as well. Being able to log in as domain and local admin on the machines remotely is a necessity for us and reducing the for user assistance. It also gives us an 'out', when our laptop is working and we connect from our home desktop and VPN in, we can remote desktop to our office computer to do any work required.

Remote Desktop review by User in Computer Software

"Remote Desktop is fast, simple to use, and overall a great tool"

What do you like best?

I like that it already comes with Windows. I don't have to download anything and I am able to be connected to multiple remote desktops at one time.

What do you dislike?

I iwhs it saved your password so you did not have to type it in every time you connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple and reliable way to connect to remote desktops, this is the way to go. I have never had an issue with this product but if I did, it would be easy to get customer service help.

I am able to connect to other business' databases without having to download their massive amounts of data. It is safe and secure.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Easiest way to connect to other machines"

What do you like best?

I use RDP daily. I have multiple test computers and instead of having to use a KVM or have multiple setups, I just have a main PC connected to my peripherals and RDP into my test machines as needed. Its quick and easy and saves a lot of space on my desk.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the copy and paste doesn't work between RDP sessions. Also you can't always drag and drop files. I wish you could change the resolution after you remote in without having to close out and re-launch

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a windows machine it comes with it right out of the box. Before you try buying third party software like GoToAssit etc, just try RDP. You will not be able to log in at the same time as any user who is having issue and shadow their movements. But you can connect to any machine on your network and perform tasks

Being able to connect to multiple servers, PCs etc all remotely makes managing a group of applications very easy. I use it every day to perform application testing and server-side application support/development.

Remote Desktop review by Shannon C.
Paralegal/Owner
Legal Services

"Access Window Without Flaw"

What do you like best?

I love this! I am able to access Windows computer through my Mac without any issue and works so well I forget I am using a Mac (beside the fact that I am running faster). I am able to perform all functions between Remote Desktop and my Mac and works better than if I were accusing Windows from Windows system!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Remote Desktop. I have been using this for almost a year and have not had a single issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use Remote Desktop. It is truly the best out there. I have not had one issue and am so thankful i chose this before trying any others.

I was concerned when I switched from Windows to Mac that I would have issues accessing a client's Windows computer/server and was pleasantly surprised to find that not only am I able to access through Mac using Remote Desktop but all of the issues i previously had being on Windows accessing Windows were non-existent.

Remote Desktop review by Youri N.
Data Analyst
Banking

"Makes VM (Virtual Machines) Easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of use from windows. I often use remote desktop services to connect to our VMs housed on our servers, it allows us to easily spin up some new setups with whatever configuration we need. It works great with our companywide authentication system, no need to login again, it does it for you. Love it

What do you dislike?

The GUI is still pretty archaic compared to some of windows newer stuff. If you are not completely familiar with remote desktop services, it's not super easy to get right off the bat but it is also not super difficult to learn. I wish the option to spread the screen on multiple display could be check at other times than just when you are connecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most natural choice if you are running on windows and want to spin up VMs. If you want to connect to MACs good luck...not the tool for you. Also having webcams feed through the remote desktop services for use with a VM is a bit of a nightmare.

Use of virtual machines, that allow us to overcome certain hardware limitation that we may have on our laptops.

Remote Desktop review by 亚东 .
Software Engineer
Semiconductors
(10,001+ employees)

"Best remote desktop software"

What do you like best?

Image aspect, it can distinguish text, pictures and video are based on network conditions and use different strategies transmission, rapid response to save bandwidth, multi-screen support, but also to synchronize the clipboard (local copy and paste will do a file on the remote machine! ), using the printer, play the sound. RDP 8 also supports high DPI! In the remote window, right-click pop-up context menu,

Remote Desktop comes with windows word is ejected immediately feel basically consistent with local.

Microsoft Remote Desktop is a Remote Desktop Microsoft's own software, iOS / Android / WP8 version, relative to other remote desktop (Chrome / Teamviewer / sunflower, etc.), the biggest advantage is PC without having to install client-side, safe.

What do you dislike?

High latency network environment (ping 300ms) a little difference in performance, but still be able to endure.

Copying large file size, often at half the time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just use it

Do develop on remote server in Lab.

Just use the same local operation.

Remote Desktop review by Satish S.
Sr Middleware Expert
Telecommunications
(10,001+ employees)

"Wonderful for remote desktop"

What do you like best?

Its easy to connect to Remote desktop using this software. The best part of this is just we need to enter the credentials and we are logged in and can start working and we are working directly on the remote desktop. The speed and performance is unparalleled. We get this free with the windows software purchase. So no additional cost and installations necessary if connecting from windows.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike except the fact that we need to buy windows software to start using this. we need windows software Operating System on the source and remote machines for this one to work. Windows is little expensive compared to Linux for Linux users. That can only be the disadvantage for this Remote desktop services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best one to use for remote desktop services.

Connecting to remote desktop using this remote desktop services software will enable us to connect to office computers which will in turn enable us to work from home.

Remote Desktop review by Vytautas T.
SAP BI Specialist
Civil Engineering
(5001-10,000 employees)

"RDS - Access systems from anywhere and anytime"

What do you like best?

One of the best Remote Desktop Services feature is that a user can access systems from anywhere and anytime. It provides access from a distance for users (not necessarily Windows). It gives a user a possibility to access several remote sessions. Works fine with both 32 bit and 64 bit applications on Windows. It saves time when working with application that are storing files in a server which is located "in the other side of the world".

What do you dislike?

Personally there is nothing I could mention that I do not like in Remote Desktop Services. But I have heard some complains from my colleagues working with heavy graphics such as AutoCAD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations. Remote Desktop Services is good the way it is.

I use Remote Desktop Services to install applications on a central server, monitor server status,

I also use Remote Desktop Services when I need to use an application that is storing data or is connected with the same server as I have connected using Remote Desktop Services. I have experienced that the application running directly on the server works much faster than the same application stored on my local machine. This can save a lot of time when there are some tasks that require high volume data transports with in application.

Remote Desktop review by Amber M.

"Helpful for transferring files from Mac to PC based cloud systems"

What do you like best?

We use Rock RMS and we needed to upload our files to the on-line system. the only problem was we all use Macs but the on-line software is PC / Windows only based. To get around this, I downloaded the RDS and used that as my computer.

What do you dislike?

It worked great for the purpose I needed it for, I really can't think of anything that didn't work for the short time we needed it.

We used it to upload our files from our Mac computers to a Microsoft Cloud system

Remote Desktop review by Kevin M.
IT Systems Team Lead
Entertainment

"Installed and maintained"

What do you like best?

Great product, and competitor to Citrix. This is much different then remote desktop services in 2008. Much improved. Love that you can deliver applications through web interface, apps or direct to the desktop. Management is much easier and creating growing server farms is also easy. Easy to setup, can be done in several minutes. Also quick to publish apps too

What do you dislike?

Management is only done through server manager which can be slow at times. The roaming profile disks makes users lives easy but can be tricky sometimes when the fail. Server 2012 does not come with session shadow which can make troubleshooting harder then a normal desktop setting

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure you get 2012 R2 at least for session shadow. Also make sure all your clients have the latest version of Remote Desktop Client on there systems

Deploying applications to users with bring your own device. Also pushing windows only applications to IOS and android

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Effective and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Allows you to logon from anywhere. I like the ability to connect to other work resources while off-site in remote locations and be able to troubleshoot issues for the end user.

What do you dislike?

The response time on my devices varies widely on the location and network speed. I can not get the remote screen to take up my entire window at times depending on the display adapter which can be frustrating when I am trying to test multiple applications at once.

Allows me to avoid having to power up my laptop every time I need to get to the server. Just use my tablet or Windows computer will have my information cached. The ability to access sensitive data from a centralized and secure connection.

Remote Desktop review by User in Mental Health Care

"Remote Desktop"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and makes working in multiple locations much easier.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I feel like the product is very easy to use and all it does it help the user when in different locations and on different devices/computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend.

It has solved the problem of having to work in different sites and on different computers. We have to use different offices and computers at many times as well as different office sites. This allows us to keep everything together and never be without what is needed to do the job.

Remote Desktop review by User in Computer Software

"Remote Desktop is a lifesaver for me"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to do everything I need to do on a remote machine without having to be sitting in front of the machine. Being able to have numerous RDP sessions going at once is great. I typically have between 5-10 remote sessions to different servers open at any given time due to the nature of my job. I work remotely servicing clients all across the country and being able to sit at my desk and work on servers in different states at once is brilliant.

What do you dislike?

Often times I lose the remote clipboard requiring that I restart the rdpclip.exe. It's easy enough to do, but a pain that it happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using remote desktop services is a great way to administer and service workstations at remote locations across the globe.

Being able to remote into clients in different geographical locations saves time and money in not requiring travel to the site. Years ago, before RDP was an option, the only way to accomplish the same tasks was to physically be on site.

Remote Desktop review by User in Pharmaceuticals

"Remote desktop services review"

What do you like best?

It is very simple and straightforward for the end user whose desktop is being accessed. It eliminates confusion for end users who are unable to accurately describe the problems they are having with their computer.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software, it is an excellent tool for the IT department to use to fix end user issues with their computers and software.

The IT department at my company utilizes this to remote access and fix issues that employees have with their computers. Often users are unable to correctly describe the issues they are having with their computers so this software eliminates that confusion by allowing the IT personnel to directly view and fix the issue themselves.

Remote Desktop review by User in Design

"Easy to use when it works"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use on Windows based machines. Allows you to get up and running quickly if the network has already been setup to the appropriate extent, and you have the requisite permissions and credentials.

What do you dislike?

However, it can be quite challenging and cumbersome to use most of the time. No network is ideally set up, and this often results in hours of wasted time to configuration and compatibility issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software, implementation and use needs to be simplified to remain competitive against other vendors.

The software can be useful when I need to connect with clients and have access to their machines. This may be to a diagnostic capacity or to show them a particular item/feature/method.

Remote Desktop review by User in Real Estate

"Very awesome and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I use the application to remotely log into a virtual Microsoft based machine, its functionality is the best. You literally have your setting setup upon install, press the start button and you are logged into your virtual machine.

What do you dislike?

I will say it can be a little wonky at times but I think that comes from our IT in house issues and sometimes upgrades that come along with the application. It is usually resolved within minutes.

The benefits is the ease of the application, it is Apple and Microsoft based which is sometimes hard to find and then configure based on your operating system.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator

"Efficient but restrictive "

What do you like best?

It private program making it confidential and safe to use.

What do you dislike?

You pay to receive small things. Similar to buying in-game purchases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It allows programs to be private and confidential, but also allows them to be in control of small things they want to charge for. ex. text services or additional widgets

It allowed for the move to a paper/file based system to become electronic and reduce paper use while still maintaining confidentiality.

Remote Desktop review by Samantha B.
Youth Services Supervisor Coordinator

"Remote Yourself"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy program to use and is helpful to access information from any computer.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it is slow sometimes, I'd like it if it were faster.

Currently being able to work from a variety of locations and access my desktop page is the issue we were solving and then overall the ease of access when I'm out in the field, or at home enhances the continued quality of work I am able to accomplish for my organization.

Remote Desktop review by Christopher P.
IT Manager

"LOVE RDP Windows Server"

What do you like best?

easily able to remotely access necessary equipment and provide remote support and work from offsite or onsite.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I do NOT like about RDP, it has proven to be an extremely valuable asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering this.

Software and OS type issues, that I have the ability to access as needed. quickly and easily.

Remote Desktop review by Jamie M.
Server Administrator
Computer & Network Security

"Remote Desktop Services are core to our business"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to provision new servers and maintain existing servers. There is a lot of native compatibility with AD, IIS and other common platforms within the enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little more user friendly from an administrative perspective. More GUI less command line.

Geographical latency issues are resolved by having the RDS servers in the same datacenter that houses the data.

Remote Desktop review by User in Religious Institutions

"Access desktop anywhere"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access the desktop (and the computer) anywhere that has internet access. I am also able to easily finish work that I start at work at home or finish work I start at home and finish at work.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can get glitchy or slow if the internet connection isn't the best or if I am typing too fast.

I am able to do work from home and save the work and when I get to the office, I can easily pick up where I left off and don't have to make copies of everything to carry around on a flash-drive.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Computer Networking

"Fantastic service "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to use the remote desktop services with multiple servers and tools all at once to get a full overview of what systems were using today.

What do you dislike?

The remote desktop services tool we would like to see would be the ability to make communication with chat and additional functionality when it comes to file transfers between the main workstation and remote desktop services .

Tool allows us quick access to view information on our servers and terminals that otherwise would need to be acquired through KVM switches etc.

Remote Desktop review by Jenna U.
Scheduling Coordinator
Media Production

"Very pleased "

What do you like best?

It's convenient and easy to access different computers from a different location.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. Never had a complaint, personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with it

None at the moment. In the past, had trouble finding certain things or difficulty understanding how to use a program and it was helpful

Remote Desktop review by Robin A.
Backup Technician / Service delivery agent

"Secure and confident"

What do you like best?

The security and stability in the connection is good, The fact that this tools is embedded in Windows is an advantage.

It's a service perfect to monitor servers, is always running.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly for the average user, you need networking knowledge to get this tool running, this is a big point to consider.

-No chat feature, sometimes needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you need basic knowledge in networking environments.

Professional support access to servers and workstations without the need of a third-party software.

-Servers monitoring.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

Remote use and administration of computers.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have some improvements or additional options for video or more dynamic applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all the options, there are a lot out there!

Other remote applications like Splashtop Streamer use video encoding and support higher bitrates. There are tradeoffs of course!

Remote Desktop review by User in Sports

"Great application to connect to the office from home"

What do you like best?

I like being able to connect to my computer at work from home after hours. Needing to submit reports and stats after hours, using remote desktop allows me to easily connect to my work computer and do what I need to do as if I was sitting in the office.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about Remote Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for anyone needing to work remotely. It's as easy as being there.

By using Remote Desktop to connect to my computer at work, it saves time and money by allowing me to get my reports submitted more quickly resulting in fewer billable hours for the company.

Remote Desktop review by Tonya T.
Credit Manager
Apparel & Fashion

"Great for storing information"

What do you like best?

Being able to sign into our system remotely to work from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

It has lag time that can slow you down, including saving files from the remote desktop to you computer's desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sometimes easier and faster to email a document to yourself (especially in Excel format) instead of trying to save it to your personal desktop.

The need to access our system remotely. We don't have to work from the office.

Remote Desktop review by User in Computer & Network Security

"Virtual Everywhere. "

What do you like best?

Accessing another machine remotely from anywhere comes handy to manage different servers. Makes our life easy when multiple teams from different timezones support applications that are hosted on these remote machines.

What do you dislike?

Restarts can be slow and tricky. Some machines only allow certain number of logins at any given point of time which is another limitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

better monitoring is necessary when it comes to critical servers. If the server hangs, someone needs to be alerted.

We host many internal servers on these remote desktops and let our teams use them. Physically maintaining them is outdated.

Remote Desktop review by Paul L.
Senior Associate
Architecture & Planning

"Work From Anywhere"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to RDP into my computer giving me access to all my files & programs at the office even when I'm not there.

What do you dislike?

I wish RDP would support more than just one monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Remote Desktop Services because this allows you to continue to perform your tasks as if you're sitting in your office.

RDP gives me the ability to access my work computer as if I'm actually sitting in the office. This way I can do work using the resources of my office computer instead of my personal computer at home.