Remote Desktop Services

Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, formally known as Terminal Services, is a desktop virtualization software for Microsoft Windows products.

Work for Remote Desktop Services?

Learning about Remote Desktop?

Remote Desktop Services Reviews

Showing 68 Remote Desktop reviews
Remote Desktop review by loni b.
loni b.

"I use this because I have a Mac."

What do you like best?

I like that I can run Windows programs on this even though I use a mac. I am able to transfer any information from the software to dropbox and then I can locate that on my mac.

What do you dislike?

It is not as clear as the screen on the mac. It's slighty blurry. Since it is on a server I have to wait for IT to update the software in order for me to update it. But that is not necessarily a problem of the program. I also had a resolution issue when I had to change my password. So they had to delete my log in and creat a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your IT department sets up your printer to print from the program.

I prefer a mac over windows but my boss uses a pc and therefore we need to be able to utilize the same program and it has granted me access to the program without having to use a different a computer. The dell computers we use here are quite a bit heavier than the macs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Remote Desktop Services
Remote Desktop review by User

"Software used to Connect to Work Computer"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (also known as Remote Desktop Connection) is the software that I use to connect to my work computer from home. I can use software and manipulate files in the work computer using my home computer. This is very convenient when I need to access some work files from home or work at home using the software that my work computer has. As long as I have good Internet connection, I can reliably access to my work computer using this software.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about this software. I had several connection issues with this software, but it was caused by the Internet connection or the technical difficulties caused by my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a reliable software if you want to have remote access to your work computer. I have not experienced any abrupt disconnection because of this software whenever I have good Internet connection.

I can solve problems of not being able to access softwares and files in my work computer from home. This software allows me to work at home comfortably by connecting my home computer to the system of my work computer. I can have benefits of getting rid of necessity of going to work physically to access softwares and files in my work computers.

What Remote Desktop solution do you use?

Remote Desktop review by Hubert W.
Hubert W.

"Remote Desktop Services useful and essential"

What do you like best?

Remote Desktop Services is a great way to connect to remote servers in order to run applications and perform tasks. It's built-into Windows so there isn't any major installation needed though if you don't have this installed, you will need to add it in the Windows features. Once connected, it is easy to use as you are basically connected to another desktop and you're able to control it as you would a local PC.

Internally, this is a cost-saver as dedicated remote access tools do not need to be purchased. From an administration standpoint, this is a Microsoft product so for those with dedicated Windows support teams, they do not need ot manage 3rd party software.

What do you dislike?

While saved sessions can be done, a tree feature where you can have a list of desktops would be nice. Right now, I save my desktops to a folder and open the ones I want but a tree is something that I think would be easy to add and is a must-have for a future release.

Another matter is as it is tied to Active Directly, you will need RDP access granted from the system administrator. While this is an important feature security-wise, it is sometimes a little buggy trying to establish a connection due to some of the inherent issues with AD itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As the tabbed or tree views are not available, it would be possible to try the Microsoft Management console to save your connections. However, that is another installation and isn't supported by all versions of Windows. I would recommend saving sessions in a folder with meaningful names so that it would be easy to find the desktop you need.

Another recommendation is to configure the remote desktop based on the resolution of your screen. This would prevent issues where scroll bars would be needed to navigate around. It is also a good idea to disable non-essentials, such as sound, in order to speed up the experience.

The main business problem solved is distance. Rather than having to be physically at another station, you can simply RDP to it. I use it mostly to test our web filtering tools as my remote desktop belongs to a network that is monitored. By using Remote Desktop Services, I am able to connect remotely and simulate user experiences with the web filter and adjust the appliance as needed. I would be unable to do this from my normal desktop as it belongs in a non-filtered network.

As stated earlier, this is built into Windows and is basically free thus saving a business money.

Remote Desktop review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"remote desktop is fast, useful and very essential to our company"

What do you like best?

Remote desktop is builtin in any windows OS therefore there's no need to go thru installation process to use it.

What do you dislike?

it opens multiple window in order to connect with multiple sessions. Hoping that there would be just window with multiple tabs for multiple sessions so it's not messy to look at it

Recommendations to others considering the product

RDP is the best client to use when accessing remote windows PC

We have a windows server running everyday 24/7 and we use remote desktop server to get into it. Our billing system is running on windows server 2012

Remote Desktop review by Tushar B.
Tushar B.

"Excellent tool for remote desktop"

What do you like best?

I use it primarily on my mac to connect to my desktop at work if I am working remotely. It has good features for full screen and easy to copy content from my local mac to remote desktop. Some other tools I have used don't have that feature. Easy to configure and use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I have really liked the tool. One of the best services so far I have used compared to any other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using anything else for remote desktop services, consider using this. I am sure you will love using this compared to any other tool.

I use to it to connect to my remote desktop at work from my laptop.

Remote Desktop review by Kai X.
Kai X.

"Slow and unstable platform"

What do you like best?

- We are able to access our office/enterprise desktop from almost everywhere in the world

- It is simple to use and easy to learn

What do you dislike?

- It is HIGHLY unstable, I will usually last about 5 - 10 mins before I have to reboot or re-login

- It is very slow, the connection compare to using it at work sometimes make me feel like going to work instead of using remote desktop from home/coffee shop

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Get use to the glitches/plan your day with this in mind

- Use this when necessary, knowing you have a back up plan

- We are hoping to help people who calls us on the emergency line

- We need 24/7 support whenever we go

Benefit: We are able to use this to provide emergency support and 24/7 helpline

Remote Desktop review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Mostly Reliable"

What do you like best?

This product in connection with SonicWall allows me to work remotely from home. It allows me access to everything I have on my work computer, including files that are not saved on the server. I truly do not have to be in the office to access everything I own on my computer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that at times the connection can be very spotty. I have had issues with both this service and SonicWall in the past. At times I randomly lose connection and I have lost my work product/progress as a result. This probably is the worst aspect (and really the only one) of this product.

As I previously noted, this product allows me to have a flexible work schedule. If I ever need to attend to matters at home, I can easily do so through this product. It allows me the option to stay at home or travel but keep up with work / colleagues.

Remote Desktop review by Tyler R.
Tyler R.

"Granddaddy of them All"

What do you like best?

It is the single most reliable, consistent and among the most robust, accommodating remote desktop solutions you'll find - and I've used quite a few! You know what you're getting with this software and regardless of the version I've used, it hits the mark.

What do you dislike?

It is fairly resource-intensive, using up a fair bit of RAM and also requiring a rather strong, stable internet connection (Wi-FI will work but beware disconnections).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to find and try so give it a test drive and compare it with others on the market. The one thing you're unlikely to recognize with mere demos or trial runs is how consistent Remote Desktop Services is. Our customers and employees use the product constantly and they've never once been at fault for an issue, inaccessibility, etc.

Software access, remote control, shadowing, remote support. The benefits are countless and we're unlike to stop using the software any time soon.

Remote Desktop review by Jerod J.
Jerod J.

"Just works"

What do you like best?

Fully functioning remote desktop solution with excellent security options. Works well as a business solution for remote employees, or for home use working with media servers.

What do you dislike?

Does get laggy, even with fast connections. Not horribly so, but enough to be frustrating at times. When Steam In-Home Streaming is able to push HD games through my network at 60fps, it's gotta be possible to load a web page on a remote desktop without it lagging.

The problem is worse, though more understandable, when working remotely. Though it does seem to be the best solution on the market at the moment, especially for the cost.

We have a few employees that work remotely, and need to be able to access their desktops and/or our servers. RDS works perfectly for this.

Remote Desktop review by Irfan R.
Irfan R.

"Remote desktop still needs improvement"

What do you like best?

The product is good and offer connecting to remote pcs just in 2 clicks. It allows storing credential of various connection and thus allows user to connect immediately.

What do you dislike?

Well, I haven't looked for any other alternative and use this remote desktop app to connect to my remote server. Its good but still needs so much improvements. The main problem I face, it gets disconnected when my internet connection is not stable. I believe somehow it should maintain the session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on mac and want to connect to window machine then this is very lightweight app you should go for. You can store multiple credential in this and then can connect in just 2 clicks to any of your machine.

I am a developer and having few remote machines provided by my client. I use this app on my mac to connect to windows machine. This way I can access any window machine on top of my mac.

Remote Desktop review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Remote desktop services"

What do you like best?

The ability to access servers and desktops remotely is a huge benefit to any IT professional. In fact, it actually seems more like a necessity rather. Being able to connect to a machine off-site allows for better troubleshooting of issues that might be localized.

What do you dislike?

Since it is a built in tool, I shouldn't expect too many options but I do wish there were more features. Features like the ability to log out a user and sign in as yourself without losing the connection would be great. Also, a file transfer option would be something that would be quite helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this in addition to any other remote services your company uses.

We are using it to connect quickly and easily to our servers. We also use it to connect to clients computers to troubleshoot root causes as well. Being able to log in as domain and local admin on the machines remotely is a necessity for us and reducing the for user assistance. It also gives us an 'out', when our laptop is working and we connect from our home desktop and VPN in, we can remote desktop to our office computer to do any work required.

Remote Desktop review by User in Computer Software

"Remote Desktop is fast, simple to use, and overall a great tool"

What do you like best?

I like that it already comes with Windows. I don't have to download anything and I am able to be connected to multiple remote desktops at one time.

What do you dislike?

I iwhs it saved your password so you did not have to type it in every time you connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple and reliable way to connect to remote desktops, this is the way to go. I have never had an issue with this product but if I did, it would be easy to get customer service help.

I am able to connect to other business' databases without having to download their massive amounts of data. It is safe and secure.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Easiest way to connect to other machines"

What do you like best?

I use RDP daily. I have multiple test computers and instead of having to use a KVM or have multiple setups, I just have a main PC connected to my peripherals and RDP into my test machines as needed. Its quick and easy and saves a lot of space on my desk.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the copy and paste doesn't work between RDP sessions. Also you can't always drag and drop files. I wish you could change the resolution after you remote in without having to close out and re-launch

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a windows machine it comes with it right out of the box. Before you try buying third party software like GoToAssit etc, just try RDP. You will not be able to log in at the same time as any user who is having issue and shadow their movements. But you can connect to any machine on your network and perform tasks

Being able to connect to multiple servers, PCs etc all remotely makes managing a group of applications very easy. I use it every day to perform application testing and server-side application support/development.

Remote Desktop review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Access Window Without Flaw"

What do you like best?

I love this! I am able to access Windows computer through my Mac without any issue and works so well I forget I am using a Mac (beside the fact that I am running faster). I am able to perform all functions between Remote Desktop and my Mac and works better than if I were accusing Windows from Windows system!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Remote Desktop. I have been using this for almost a year and have not had a single issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use Remote Desktop. It is truly the best out there. I have not had one issue and am so thankful i chose this before trying any others.

I was concerned when I switched from Windows to Mac that I would have issues accessing a client's Windows computer/server and was pleasantly surprised to find that not only am I able to access through Mac using Remote Desktop but all of the issues i previously had being on Windows accessing Windows were non-existent.

Remote Desktop review by Youri N.
Youri N.

"Makes VM (Virtual Machines) Easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of use from windows. I often use remote desktop services to connect to our VMs housed on our servers, it allows us to easily spin up some new setups with whatever configuration we need. It works great with our companywide authentication system, no need to login again, it does it for you. Love it

What do you dislike?

The GUI is still pretty archaic compared to some of windows newer stuff. If you are not completely familiar with remote desktop services, it's not super easy to get right off the bat but it is also not super difficult to learn. I wish the option to spread the screen on multiple display could be check at other times than just when you are connecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most natural choice if you are running on windows and want to spin up VMs. If you want to connect to MACs good luck...not the tool for you. Also having webcams feed through the remote desktop services for use with a VM is a bit of a nightmare.

Use of virtual machines, that allow us to overcome certain hardware limitation that we may have on our laptops.

Remote Desktop review by 亚东 .
亚东 .

"Best remote desktop software"

What do you like best?

Image aspect, it can distinguish text, pictures and video are based on network conditions and use different strategies transmission, rapid response to save bandwidth, multi-screen support, but also to synchronize the clipboard (local copy and paste will do a file on the remote machine! ), using the printer, play the sound. RDP 8 also supports high DPI! In the remote window, right-click pop-up context menu,

Remote Desktop comes with windows word is ejected immediately feel basically consistent with local.

Microsoft Remote Desktop is a Remote Desktop Microsoft's own software, iOS / Android / WP8 version, relative to other remote desktop (Chrome / Teamviewer / sunflower, etc.), the biggest advantage is PC without having to install client-side, safe.

What do you dislike?

High latency network environment (ping 300ms) a little difference in performance, but still be able to endure.

Copying large file size, often at half the time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just use it

Do develop on remote server in Lab.

Just use the same local operation.

Remote Desktop review by Satish S.
Satish S.

"Wonderful for remote desktop"

What do you like best?

Its easy to connect to Remote desktop using this software. The best part of this is just we need to enter the credentials and we are logged in and can start working and we are working directly on the remote desktop. The speed and performance is unparalleled. We get this free with the windows software purchase. So no additional cost and installations necessary if connecting from windows.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike except the fact that we need to buy windows software to start using this. we need windows software Operating System on the source and remote machines for this one to work. Windows is little expensive compared to Linux for Linux users. That can only be the disadvantage for this Remote desktop services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best one to use for remote desktop services.

Connecting to remote desktop using this remote desktop services software will enable us to connect to office computers which will in turn enable us to work from home.

Remote Desktop review by Vytautas T.
Vytautas T.

"RDS - Access systems from anywhere and anytime"

What do you like best?

One of the best Remote Desktop Services feature is that a user can access systems from anywhere and anytime. It provides access from a distance for users (not necessarily Windows). It gives a user a possibility to access several remote sessions. Works fine with both 32 bit and 64 bit applications on Windows. It saves time when working with application that are storing files in a server which is located "in the other side of the world".

What do you dislike?

Personally there is nothing I could mention that I do not like in Remote Desktop Services. But I have heard some complains from my colleagues working with heavy graphics such as AutoCAD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations. Remote Desktop Services is good the way it is.

I use Remote Desktop Services to install applications on a central server, monitor server status,

I also use Remote Desktop Services when I need to use an application that is storing data or is connected with the same server as I have connected using Remote Desktop Services. I have experienced that the application running directly on the server works much faster than the same application stored on my local machine. This can save a lot of time when there are some tasks that require high volume data transports with in application.

Remote Desktop review by Amber M.
Amber M.

"Helpful for transferring files from Mac to PC based cloud systems"

What do you like best?

We use Rock RMS and we needed to upload our files to the on-line system. the only problem was we all use Macs but the on-line software is PC / Windows only based. To get around this, I downloaded the RDS and used that as my computer.

What do you dislike?

It worked great for the purpose I needed it for, I really can't think of anything that didn't work for the short time we needed it.

We used it to upload our files from our Mac computers to a Microsoft Cloud system

Remote Desktop review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Installed and maintained"

What do you like best?

Great product, and competitor to Citrix. This is much different then remote desktop services in 2008. Much improved. Love that you can deliver applications through web interface, apps or direct to the desktop. Management is much easier and creating growing server farms is also easy. Easy to setup, can be done in several minutes. Also quick to publish apps too

What do you dislike?

Management is only done through server manager which can be slow at times. The roaming profile disks makes users lives easy but can be tricky sometimes when the fail. Server 2012 does not come with session shadow which can make troubleshooting harder then a normal desktop setting

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure you get 2012 R2 at least for session shadow. Also make sure all your clients have the latest version of Remote Desktop Client on there systems

Deploying applications to users with bring your own device. Also pushing windows only applications to IOS and android

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Effective and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Allows you to logon from anywhere. I like the ability to connect to other work resources while off-site in remote locations and be able to troubleshoot issues for the end user.

What do you dislike?

The response time on my devices varies widely on the location and network speed. I can not get the remote screen to take up my entire window at times depending on the display adapter which can be frustrating when I am trying to test multiple applications at once.

Allows me to avoid having to power up my laptop every time I need to get to the server. Just use my tablet or Windows computer will have my information cached. The ability to access sensitive data from a centralized and secure connection.

Remote Desktop review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"I love using remote desktop"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about using remote desktop is the ability to both troubleshoot and fix issues without having to leave the desk. This is especially important because it saves on travel time and is essential if your client is far away from your location. There are some things that you might not be able to easily accomplish with remote desktop but between rdp, powershell, and/or the command line you are pretty much set

What do you dislike?

The only downside to remote desktopping is that you are slightly limited in the things that you can do and that is just due to the computer not being in windows, otherwise Remote Desktop works wonderfully

Client troubleshooting mostly

Remote Desktop review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Remote Desktop"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and makes working in multiple locations much easier.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I feel like the product is very easy to use and all it does it help the user when in different locations and on different devices/computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend.

It has solved the problem of having to work in different sites and on different computers. We have to use different offices and computers at many times as well as different office sites. This allows us to keep everything together and never be without what is needed to do the job.

Remote Desktop review by User in Computer Software

"Remote Desktop is a lifesaver for me"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to do everything I need to do on a remote machine without having to be sitting in front of the machine. Being able to have numerous RDP sessions going at once is great. I typically have between 5-10 remote sessions to different servers open at any given time due to the nature of my job. I work remotely servicing clients all across the country and being able to sit at my desk and work on servers in different states at once is brilliant.

What do you dislike?

Often times I lose the remote clipboard requiring that I restart the rdpclip.exe. It's easy enough to do, but a pain that it happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using remote desktop services is a great way to administer and service workstations at remote locations across the globe.

Being able to remote into clients in different geographical locations saves time and money in not requiring travel to the site. Years ago, before RDP was an option, the only way to accomplish the same tasks was to physically be on site.

Remote Desktop review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Remote desktop services review"

What do you like best?

It is very simple and straightforward for the end user whose desktop is being accessed. It eliminates confusion for end users who are unable to accurately describe the problems they are having with their computer.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software, it is an excellent tool for the IT department to use to fix end user issues with their computers and software.

The IT department at my company utilizes this to remote access and fix issues that employees have with their computers. Often users are unable to correctly describe the issues they are having with their computers so this software eliminates that confusion by allowing the IT personnel to directly view and fix the issue themselves.

Remote Desktop review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy to use when it works"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use on Windows based machines. Allows you to get up and running quickly if the network has already been setup to the appropriate extent, and you have the requisite permissions and credentials.

What do you dislike?

However, it can be quite challenging and cumbersome to use most of the time. No network is ideally set up, and this often results in hours of wasted time to configuration and compatibility issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software, implementation and use needs to be simplified to remain competitive against other vendors.

The software can be useful when I need to connect with clients and have access to their machines. This may be to a diagnostic capacity or to show them a particular item/feature/method.

Remote Desktop review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Very awesome and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I use the application to remotely log into a virtual Microsoft based machine, its functionality is the best. You literally have your setting setup upon install, press the start button and you are logged into your virtual machine.

What do you dislike?

I will say it can be a little wonky at times but I think that comes from our IT in house issues and sometimes upgrades that come along with the application. It is usually resolved within minutes.

The benefits is the ease of the application, it is Apple and Microsoft based which is sometimes hard to find and then configure based on your operating system.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator

"Efficient but restrictive "

What do you like best?

It private program making it confidential and safe to use.

What do you dislike?

You pay to receive small things. Similar to buying in-game purchases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It allows programs to be private and confidential, but also allows them to be in control of small things they want to charge for. ex. text services or additional widgets

It allowed for the move to a paper/file based system to become electronic and reduce paper use while still maintaining confidentiality.

Remote Desktop review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Remote Yourself"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy program to use and is helpful to access information from any computer.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it is slow sometimes, I'd like it if it were faster.

Currently being able to work from a variety of locations and access my desktop page is the issue we were solving and then overall the ease of access when I'm out in the field, or at home enhances the continued quality of work I am able to accomplish for my organization.

Remote Desktop review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"LOVE RDP Windows Server"

What do you like best?

easily able to remotely access necessary equipment and provide remote support and work from offsite or onsite.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I do NOT like about RDP, it has proven to be an extremely valuable asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering this.

Software and OS type issues, that I have the ability to access as needed. quickly and easily.

Remote Desktop review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Remote Desktop Services are core to our business"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to provision new servers and maintain existing servers. There is a lot of native compatibility with AD, IIS and other common platforms within the enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little more user friendly from an administrative perspective. More GUI less command line.

Geographical latency issues are resolved by having the RDS servers in the same datacenter that houses the data.

Remote Desktop review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Access desktop anywhere"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access the desktop (and the computer) anywhere that has internet access. I am also able to easily finish work that I start at work at home or finish work I start at home and finish at work.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can get glitchy or slow if the internet connection isn't the best or if I am typing too fast.

I am able to do work from home and save the work and when I get to the office, I can easily pick up where I left off and don't have to make copies of everything to carry around on a flash-drive.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Fantastic service "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to use the remote desktop services with multiple servers and tools all at once to get a full overview of what systems were using today.

What do you dislike?

The remote desktop services tool we would like to see would be the ability to make communication with chat and additional functionality when it comes to file transfers between the main workstation and remote desktop services .

Tool allows us quick access to view information on our servers and terminals that otherwise would need to be acquired through KVM switches etc.

Remote Desktop review by Jenna U.
Jenna U.

"Very pleased "

What do you like best?

It's convenient and easy to access different computers from a different location.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. Never had a complaint, personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with it

None at the moment. In the past, had trouble finding certain things or difficulty understanding how to use a program and it was helpful

Remote Desktop review by Robin A.
Robin A.

"Secure and confident"

What do you like best?

The security and stability in the connection is good, The fact that this tools is embedded in Windows is an advantage.

It's a service perfect to monitor servers, is always running.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly for the average user, you need networking knowledge to get this tool running, this is a big point to consider.

-No chat feature, sometimes needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you need basic knowledge in networking environments.

Professional support access to servers and workstations without the need of a third-party software.

-Servers monitoring.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

Remote use and administration of computers.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have some improvements or additional options for video or more dynamic applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all the options, there are a lot out there!

Other remote applications like Splashtop Streamer use video encoding and support higher bitrates. There are tradeoffs of course!

Remote Desktop review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Great application to connect to the office from home"

What do you like best?

I like being able to connect to my computer at work from home after hours. Needing to submit reports and stats after hours, using remote desktop allows me to easily connect to my work computer and do what I need to do as if I was sitting in the office.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about Remote Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for anyone needing to work remotely. It's as easy as being there.

By using Remote Desktop to connect to my computer at work, it saves time and money by allowing me to get my reports submitted more quickly resulting in fewer billable hours for the company.

Remote Desktop review by Tonya T.
Tonya T.

"Great for storing information"

What do you like best?

Being able to sign into our system remotely to work from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

It has lag time that can slow you down, including saving files from the remote desktop to you computer's desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sometimes easier and faster to email a document to yourself (especially in Excel format) instead of trying to save it to your personal desktop.

The need to access our system remotely. We don't have to work from the office.

Remote Desktop review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Virtual Everywhere. "

What do you like best?

Accessing another machine remotely from anywhere comes handy to manage different servers. Makes our life easy when multiple teams from different timezones support applications that are hosted on these remote machines.

What do you dislike?

Restarts can be slow and tricky. Some machines only allow certain number of logins at any given point of time which is another limitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

better monitoring is necessary when it comes to critical servers. If the server hangs, someone needs to be alerted.

We host many internal servers on these remote desktops and let our teams use them. Physically maintaining them is outdated.

Remote Desktop review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Work From Anywhere"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to RDP into my computer giving me access to all my files & programs at the office even when I'm not there.

What do you dislike?

I wish RDP would support more than just one monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Remote Desktop Services because this allows you to continue to perform your tasks as if you're sitting in your office.

RDP gives me the ability to access my work computer as if I'm actually sitting in the office. This way I can do work using the resources of my office computer instead of my personal computer at home.

Remote Desktop review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Happily productive from remote locations."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to connect to other work resources while off-site in remote locations.

What do you dislike?

Once connected to the remote client, the client screen automatically locks preventing an end user on the host side from seeing what you are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remote desktop services is highly recommended as it provides access to legacy software in enterprise environments that will only work on older operating systems.

It has also allowed continued access to legacy programs that only run on older versions of the Windows operating system.

Remote Desktop review by Dan D.
Dan D.

"Easiest way to connect to different servers"

What do you like best?

Easy to use application that allows you to connect to different servers or non-local machines.

What do you dislike?

Maximum number of simultaneous connections is 3, so 4th automatically boots one of the previous 3.

Accessing non-local or hosted server environments where physical access/connection makes it difficult or inconvenient.

Remote Desktop review by Blagovest P.
Blagovest P.

"I've been using Remote Desktop Services since the highschool"

What do you like best?

The performace of the protocol. There is no equivalent. Especially RemoteFX.

Also, the option for remote sharing of hardware resources and remote mount of filesystems.

What do you dislike?

It's not fully implemented in other operating systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try FreeRDP! The open source implementation of the protocol.

We are using it for special software applications which are installed on Windows severs. Accounting for example.

Also, it's easy to administer the machine remotely with RDP.

Remote Desktop review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Straightforward Access"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. No frills access to Remote Desktop service. As an everyday user, having to access a desktop remotely in order to access hardware that I share with others on my team, it's a great solution.

What do you dislike?

The responsiveness on my devices varies widely. I can't get the remote screen to take up my entire window which can be frustrating when I am trying to test multiple applications at once.

Ability to access sensitive data servers from a central and secure connection.

Remote Desktop review by Billy L.
Billy L.

"Remote Desktop Services Just Works"

What do you like best?

It really just works. If you are in a Windows based environment without any special technical needs this is the one and only service you need for remote connections.

What do you dislike?

While it handles remote connections well it does only support single session. Also, there is no screen recording if you require it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind it does lack advanced features. That said, for "normal" remote connections it really does work fantastic.

Remote (home) users and IT administration. It works fantastic!

Remote Desktop review by Agency in Individual & Family Services
Agency in Individual & Family Services

"Remote Desktop"

What do you like best?

I like being able to access my work from anywhere. It is very easy to get into the system and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The biggest challenge is using it on a mobile device. It is a bit more complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have no other recommendations.

This allowed workers to be able to work from home which allowed for more work/life balance. This solved burn out and allowed for higher retention rates.

Remote Desktop review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"RDS - Build in Remote Functionality "

What do you like best?

RDS is present in the OS by default, making it convenient. Good, built-in functionality for accessing services remotely

What do you dislike?

Compared to 3rd party competitors, features are light.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, it's there, go ahead and leverage it unless you need specific features

RDS allows me to remotely manage systems.

Remote Desktop review by User in Security and Investigations
User in Security and Investigations

"Remote Desktop Services"

What do you like best?

What I like best about remote desktop is that i can log in to a desktop all the way in DC from Dallas to use a certain program they may have on that desktop. I can also do this from home and still use my desktop at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really that i currently dislike other than when there are issues with the server or trying to print a document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to have

Being able to access a program remotely and train other employees from afar. This is a great tool for every company to use.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Does the Job ~ Native"

What do you like best?

It works! It facilitates standard GUI interface with remote desktop environment.

What do you dislike?

No advanced administrative features which allow back-end access to system files, registry, other settings, while still permitting another user to be actively logged-into a desktop session.

Inexpensive remote administration of a server and some client PCs.

Remote Desktop review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Instant access to work"

What do you like best?

I like that you don't need to download any of the work applications on your own personal computer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the window size is too small on the macbook when I load the application.

This solves working from home in case of an emergency. This also solves issues like getting banned from work related sites for logging in from multiple locations. Some sites questions if you are sharing premium accounts.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Fills all the need for a secure and reliable Remote Portal"

What do you like best?

For my Remote Portal I setup everything was Microsoft and support and documentation was well established.

What do you dislike?

Not as many options as Citrix Zenapp but licensing cost outways this.

Was able to setup a Web Remote Portal with multi-factor authentication.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"RDP is so easy"

What do you like best?

I can sit at my desk and remote into the different computers to manage most of the stuff I need to do.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could manage settings on multi-monitor configurations (Say I use one monitor to RDP, so when I remote to a computer that has 4 monitors, I can't change monitor settings on the remote machine).

I'm more productive in the sense that I can log into several computers at once and work on them. Instead bouncing back and forth between them trying to manage them.

Remote Desktop review by Yifei L.
Yifei L.

"remote desktop"

What do you like best?

easy setup, fast access. clean interface

What do you dislike?

feature set is thin. no file transfer option

remote desktop access

Remote Desktop review by User in Financial Services

"Meets my requirements"

What do you like best?

It is simple and built-in to Windows so no need for additional software to get this functionality.

What do you dislike?

Nothing negative to report since I have not experienced any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it before considering any other solutions.

Access to servers located in the datacenter or in remote jurisdictions.

Remote Desktop review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Remote Desktop with SRS"

What do you like best?

Able to check on schedule and messages when not on the work network directly.

What do you dislike?

Screen is more difficult to scroll up/down than I would prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend for the medical profession; especially with larger practices.

Able to access patient info when not in office especially when on call.

Remote Desktop review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"RDS Service"

What do you like best?

The ease of remoting in from anywhere while I am out of the office.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I have to remote into from a network computer in order to connect to the office

Being able to fix IT issues that are preventing coworkers from working while out of the office

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great for remote access"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and licensing costs are both very big pluses for RDS

What do you dislike?

Load balancing functionality could be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hardware requirements are important on a per user basis

Delivering apps via RemoteApp has solved many issues our clients face.

Remote Desktop review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great and powerful"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, remembers connections well, and hasn't failed me yet.

What do you dislike?

Setup can be difficult if you don't have settings correct on both machines.

It's easy to have multiple workstations and dip in and out of them multiple times per day.

Remote Desktop review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Very buggy at times"

What do you like best?

The product is very intuitive. It's simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are quite a few bugs sometimes where it cannot connect

IT gains easy access to my desktop remotely to troubleshoot

Remote Desktop review by User in Information Technology and Services

"So convenient"

What do you like best?

Allows me to access files on another PC

Easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind in regards to complaints for the remote desktop access software

Remote access of files, disaster plabbjbf/work from homd

Remote Desktop review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Outstanding and easy to use app"

What do you like best?

Instant access to any server on the same network, what's not to like?

What do you dislike?

Configuring connections could be less clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does not play well with other OSs. For example we have had to use a separate solution to administer our Mac server.

We can manage any server from just about any machine in the district. Very versatile. Allows remote administration on the fly.

Remote Desktop review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Review for remote desktop services"

What do you like best?

Being able to access external servers in a very user friendly way, saving resources on the local machine

What do you dislike?

Occasional error in connecting to the remote machine, full screen error issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having multiple windows at a same time can cause resource issue and potentially slow down the local machine

Using a separate desktop other than a local machine

Remote Desktop review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"RDS at work "

What do you like best?

Allows you to log into the server from basically anywhere. Use it from both PC and iPad.

What do you dislike?

The app is a little cumbersome on the iPad. Always having to switch between the mouse mode and keyboard.

Allows me to avoid having to either go into work or power up my laptop every time I need to get to the server. Just use my tablet.

Remote Desktop review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"My right arm"

What do you like best?

Ease of connecting to many different computers in many different locations to be able to manage my time better.

What do you dislike?

Nothing there to dislike. I have a good product

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a must for multi location operation

We do not have to travel between our remote sites to manage the processes. A lot of tine and in the business time is money.

Remote Desktop review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Use for shared remote desktop"

What do you like best?

Easy to share a remote desktop with collegues

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to check with other team members before logging onto the remote desktop (or getting kicked off when someone does it to me)

We are able to share one desktop across 4 program managers

Remote Desktop review by User in Financial Services

"Great for work at home "

What do you like best?

the flexibility it gives for secure access at home

What do you dislike?

sometimes the connectivity can be sketchy

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is great to promote workplace flexibility

the need for employee flexibility and business continuation in the event of emergency or inclement weather.

Remote Desktop review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"remote desktop"

What do you like best?

can log on from any computer to my personal screen

What do you dislike?

is often slow. speed needs to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

check speed first

can log on to my personal computer from any screen

Remote Desktop review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Affordable option for thin client computing"

What do you like best?

No additional licensing. Ease of management alongside other MS products.

What do you dislike?

Limited scalability, no ability for imaging session hosts. Poor printing support.

Thin client computing. Remote working.

Learning about Remote Desktop Services?

* We monitor all Remote Desktop Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.