Rent.com

Rent.com is a free rental site that offers the largest selection of verified apartments for rent.

Work for Rent.com?

Learning about Rent.com?

Rent.com Reviews

Showing 14 Rent.com reviews
Rent.com review by Administrator

"No refunds, even after immediataely requesting it..."

What do you like best?

Seems like a nice user interface. Hoped it would be a good alternative location to list home for rent instead of zillow.

What do you dislike?

Don't list your home for rent here. If you don't like the interface they'll never refund your money. Even if it's within minutes of paying. "There will be no proration of monthly fees or refunds of any kind for failure to use the Services or the maximum number of Listings purchased, including in the event Advertiser takes down any or all Listings before the end of the contract term." I didn't read the fine print.

Horrible service. They wouldn't respond to my refund request after setting up a listing and realizing I was on Rentals.com and not Rent.com. They only responded after they approved my initial data input for the listing, saying they wouldn't refund under no circumstances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow.com (it's free to list home for rent there).

None.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rent.com

"Experienced ILS User"

What do you like best?

Rent.com is very versatile part of the RentPath network. It syndicates with a large variety of ILS services and software systems.

What do you dislike?

Some of the syndicated rental listings on Rent.com take awhile to update, which is troubling in a rental market where listing real time availability is crucial. However, it is quick and easy to request or make updates as needed if the automatic updates are slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of the options within the RentPath network, I primarily recommend Apartment Guide and Rentals.com. Rent.com is most useful for it's syndication with the other sites in the RentPath network.

Rent.com helps us expand our pool of prospective renters and get the word out about our portfolio of 3500+ rental units to those prospective renters.

What Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Listing solution do you use?

Rent.com review by Colleen W.
Colleen W.

"Average Apartment finding tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate website. Give you the basics that you would want to know when looking for an apartment. Like the Moving Center aspect, haven't seen that on similar sites, same with the "find my neighborhood" search option.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out as bad, the site could use more marketing as I've been looking for apartments recently and this site never stood out against Zillow and Apartments.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, theres so many rent-based websites that this might be a good one to try.

It's easy to list a unit/building.

"Apartment rental nightmare"

What do you like best?

Rent.com makes it easy to rent. Listing is easy, with just a few simple steps. I also love the moving center, where re

What do you dislike?

The website does its job well. I do not see anything that needs to be changed at this point in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Rent.com if you want to quickly and easily list a property or apartment for rent. It is simple to use and will get your listing in front of a larger audience.

Rent.com makes it easy to connect with renters who are looking for homes in our area. We can quickly list an apartment or residence for rent, with a few simple clicks. Renters can contact us directly from the website with their questions, and we have found a much higher quality of renter by using this process.

User in Real Estate

"Good Source for Apartments"

What do you like best?

Rent.com has consistently remained a successful advertising source for our communities. Even when they switched from the pay per lease model that offered the renter gift cards, we anticipated a drop off in leads but everything stayed fairly constant. Rent.com is now a part of RentPath which is a combination of ApartmetnGuide and Rent.com. It is virtually a two for one if you choose to advertise with Rent.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have discrepancies on updated or missing information. However, we know it can happen almost anywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider the additional of ApartmentGuide, together the two are quite the force!

We are solving the problem of leasing apartments! Rent.com is a reputable source, even more so now that it is partnered with ApartmentGuide. Definitely helping bridge the gap between vacancies for apartment homes.

User in Real Estate

"Using Rent for Real Estate Search"

What do you like best?

To me, the best thing about Rent was the user interface - it was completely easy to use. Toggling between the map and the search results on Rent was also a major plus. You knew exactly which neighborhood you were in and got a good grip of the apartment type while looking at the search results.

What do you dislike?

I felt as if there were a lot of the larger apartment complexes on the website, Rent. Some of the smaller ones were not on there. That wasn't true for all areas, but when searching on other sites - some were more geared towards smaller two flats or three flats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and I would highly recommend.

Finding real estate dwellings.

Rent.com review by User in Computer Software

"Probably better than many well-known websites"

What do you like best?

It seems to have many properties that I don't see on many other well-known websites. The design of the website is clean. It's also easy to navigate and to turn the nobs if I need to. The name is catchy and the logo looks very appealing, too.

What do you dislike?

The ad on the side could be a little more subtle and relevant, and a little less distracting. The design of the website can use some improvements. It's desirable to have some tools for users to compare across properties. This website can use a little more publicity, too. I wish I know this website earlier but all I heard was those well-known ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare it to well known website and see for yourself, but the results might vary on a case by case basis.

Try to look for an apartment and compare to my current rent.

Rent.com review by Colleen S.
Colleen S.

"Easy Listing Management"

What do you like best?

The team at Rent.com checks in bi-weekly to update the listing for each property. They make it fast and easy over the phone. You can also have access to your listings online and manage them as needed.

What do you dislike?

I think the rent.com website could use some upgrades. It can be a little slow and glitchy sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the free exposure and listings!

We use rent.com as a marketing/advertising source, and to manage our listings and property updates.

"Huge Lead Generator "

What do you like best?

Rent.com is consistently one of our best lead generators for our apartment buildings. It sends us the most qualified leads because it allows us to put in the most specific information about our properties.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could link my properties so that when someone is searching one of my properties, the others would appear as well in case the first one they click isn't the right fit.

Rent.com is a great lead generation tool. There are so many sites out there, but Rent.com is still the most recognized and I feel the most beneficial.

Rent.com review by Bryan T.
Bryan T.

"Rent.com is a top 5 rental market site."

What do you like best?

Straight forward accurate information- never any discrepancies between what I list through Appfolio and what Rent.com states.

What do you dislike?

Not quite as user friendly as some other leading rental sites, from what I have heard from prospective tenants.

Rent.com does a great job of categorizing different neighborhoods, as my property management team is broken into specific neighborhoods.

Rent.com review by Kara P.
Kara P.

"Not the best"

What do you like best?

It's easy to make edits when they are needed

What do you dislike?

We get very few leads from this website, which makes it seem like a waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want any lead traffic, you may want to consider another platform!

Seeing what units are renting, and what units are.

Rent.com review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"In the past"

What do you like best?

I remember when Rent.com use to award you $100 for signing a new apartment lease via an apt complex you selected via their site

What do you dislike?

I dislike they don't offer $100 referrals anymore.

There was a time, when they solved the problem of have to pay deposit for moving costs, the benefit was to save money on your relocation

Rent.com review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Interesting functionality"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to diagram out locations with the polygon tool.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would pull in other reviews that were posted like Google's reviews for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful tool, but check other reviews instead of just what is listed in rent.com.

Basically, where to find apartments for calling home when on assignments.

Rent.com review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Good site to advertise"

What do you like best?

It is easy to add your properties and advertise your rentals

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that significantly stands out.

Post our vacancies for advertisement.

Learning about Rent.com?

* We monitor all Rent.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.