Rent Manager

Rent Manager is a powerful property management and accounting tool.

Work for Rent Manager?

Learning about Rent Manager?

Rent Manager Reviews

Showing 35 Rent Manager reviews
Rent Manager review by Susan A.
Susan A.

"Rent Manager - Best Property Management Software Ever! "

What do you like best?

I researched several companies and found Rent Manager to be the BEST complete solution to Property Management. It handles every aspect of my business - accounting, advertising, leases, work orders - you name it! They are my one-stop efficient and affordable solution! And, to top it all off - they have the best customer support you will find in the industry.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! They are amazing! I spent over two years comparing software companies and found Rent Manager to be the best overall solution. There is not an aspect I dislike - and if there is, I can express it to them and they listen and implement changes based on need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time looking at other vendors. If you want the most cost effective all-in-one efficient property management software solution that will continue to grow with changes in technology and give you superior customer service - you need look no further. Call Rent Manager today and sign up!

The benefits are endless. Checklists became automated, paper eliminated with electronic signing, posting rents streamlined with efficient scanner, trips to bank eliminated, no need for an accountant - reconciling simplified, save on trips to the post office, pay owners with a click of a button, process work orders quickly, inspections take less time - but are more detailed and itemized. I could go on and on.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rent Manager
Rent Manager review by Olimpia G.
Olimpia G.

"Working with Rent Manager has revolutionized our Rent collection and owner retention!"

What do you like best?

We love Rent Manager software because it’s very user-friendly! If for any reason we get stuck on anything we just call the service line and get help, someone will hold our hand and walk us through the whole problem that maybe seem like a mountain to me and it’s just a little mole hill! We also love that the software is very customizable, we are big on company branding, with Rent Manager our logo is on Every form that leaves our office.

What do you dislike?

There’s really very little or nothing that I dislike. Maybe, that I can’t link RM to Constant Contact.

One thing I’d like is for the Credit card fee be a little more automated than it is now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rent Manager gives you all the equipment, to run a successful and very profitable business.

Rent collection is now a breeze for us, with CashPay and Tenant Web Access portal, it’s like Night and day!.

Communicating with owners, we’re in the process of completely going green with our owners, everything will be online on our website!

What Property Management solution do you use?

Rent Manager review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Great all around property management software"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that it's all inclusive, meaning it can accommodate commercial and residential management in stride- with things like CAM reconciliation being automated. I also like that rent manager is constantly updating and that it allows us to create custom reports and dashboards.

What do you dislike?

Because it's so comprehensive, on occasion a report omits or adds data that messes up the report results. Not very frequent, but it's obnoxious when it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go with the online version, eliminating server maintenance. It's all inclusive unlike Yardi, which requires you to add modules.

We can provide the back end accounting for a variety of business types with rent manager. It doesn't have good mapping software for customers to integrate into some service industries, defeating it's purpose as a customer database for such, but as an accounting software it works great. We use it for several businesses.

Rent Manager review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Rent Manager 12 is that it is easy to use. Navigation is simple and the Command Launch search feature makes locating anything quick and painless. Plus, everything is integrated - from customer management, to accounting, to service orders, etc. So, the need for multiple software programs is minimized.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Help Viewer was more in depth.. Although there is a lot of content, with more being added on a regular basis, the content is very introductory and not as in depth as I would like. There are so many features to RM12 that we are not using simply because we are either not aware of them, or aren't sure how to implement them. Also, the scripting could be better explained, perhaps more examples being provided, as it is very complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a reliable internet with sufficient speed since this software is internet based.

The integration of service orders into the software makes managing service issues much easier.

Rent Manager review by Jasmine E.
Jasmine E.

"Easy to use rental software"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use. It allows you to customize most if not all of the features and screen layouts. The correlating rmAppSuite allows for even more streamlining of inspections, service orders and reports. I've been a user of Rent Manager for over 5 years and they continue to add new features and repair bugs to enhance the user experience.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow when loading pictures and documents. It has lots of add-on features but at an additional cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is easy to use and they offer extensive training through Rent Manager University.

It allows me to upload, email and/or share reports and records with both the property owners and residents.

"Very customizable"

What do you like best?

I love how easily this software can be customized to fit your needs! Having access to the API in the newest version (RM12) also opens up so much more in terms of 3rd party integration and custom development. As someone who often works from home outside of business hours, I also greatly appreciate that I can log in from any computer or through the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I feel that sometimes revisions are rolled out too quickly without full testing so a fix to one issue causes other things in the software to break. Also, some of the support staff doesn't seem to know the program as well as they should so unless my question is quite basic I always seem to need to go a step higher to get my issue resolved.

Rent Manager has been able to automate many of our daily processes for us and has allowed us to create a much better data management system.

Rent Manager review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Bookkeeping is very easy with RMO"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Rent Manager Online is that you can create custom reports. You have the ability to work with RMO to create reports specific to your internal requirements.

What do you dislike?

Since my primary role is bookkeeping, there are a number of features that I don't use, such as leasing and maintenance. There are times, related to bookkeeping, when I have to enter credit card details for a specific vendor and RMO doesn't populate the information from the last transaction for that vendor. I then have to enter all the information all over again. I noticed that only happened once we upgraded and added new vendors; however, this doesnt happen often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what your needs are and compare all of your options. Ask a lot of questions and once you become a client, be sure to attend a conference or online classes.

Keeping up to date with tenant payments, bill pay and being able to produce reports at the last minute for management. At a moments notice, you can see how much a tenant owes, the balance on a contract, or the lat time a vendor was paid.

Rent Manager review by Colonial Townhouse A.
Colonial Townhouse A.

"Easy to Use with Great Integration"

What do you like best?

The features of RMO are very easy to figure out with a basic understanding of computers. Menus are where you think they'd be, options work how you'd think. Labels are clear and simple. App works well for the basics.

What do you dislike?

Administrative permissions are often needed to make even the slightest changes in abilities, which can be time consuming initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lots of options and easy to use - well worth a try!

We have easy access to tenant records and have integrated other companies to the system to expand our options. This includes tenant screening services, rent payment (online and physical), and bill payment.

Rent Manager review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Revolutionary control over our operations."

What do you like best?

Rent Manager offers a fantastic amount of customization. We have been able create some really wonderful pages and reports within the software that allow us insight and control over the most important aspects of our operation.

What do you dislike?

Our organization is quite different than the actual intended customer. As such, some of the default program settings do not line up exactly with what we need. With that being said, there is not a product that would fulfill as many of our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait, make the switch!

Tracking of customers, syncing up workflows, accessing information, and going paperless have all cut our workloads and necessary hours drastically.

Rent Manager review by Dallas O.
Dallas O.

"Rent Manager Software"

What do you like best?

I have been using this software in our company for over 7 years now. I like the fact that they are constantly updating their software to making it easier and better for the users.

What do you dislike?

This company is growing so quickly that sometimes it takes days or even a week or two to hear back from the support team if we have any issues in the software.

We use this software as our main software for our company for our accounting and property management needs.

Rent Manager review by Wendy K.
Wendy K.

"Rent Manager support, customer service and software is the best!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Constantly improving. Listens to the clients for our needs. The remote capabilities. The progressive nature of the leadership and the consistency of employees.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I dislike about the software. If we can't figure it out, Help does help us then we call and get great service 99% of the time. An occasional newbie doesn't get what is being asked but that is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! Our Auditors love my reports and how our system works for their job.

Staffing efficiencies is the biggest benefit this last year. RM 12 and the recent releases have allowed us to downsize staff due to the automation and simplification, texting, email and phone broadcasting.

Rent Manager review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

We used a different software for our company in the past and once switching to Rent Manager, it took a little time to get familiar with it, but once we were using it for a few months and after a few upgrades it was way more useful and easy to use compared to the previous software.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about it- it took a bit to get used to once we switched, but once we learned the ropes, it is super user friendly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to work with!

I work for a property management company and it is the main database for all of our happenings! I love that we can easily pull reports.

Rent Manager review by Kristi W.
Kristi W.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

We have the ability to literally do ANYTHING we want. Any reports we want can be pulled, they partner with a variety of vendors so we can automate most of our processes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get lost in the options of what RM can do. There are a variety of options and customization that everyone's RM can look different and have different screens.

Automating payment and real time reporting. I love having the ability to have tenants pay rent online and they go directly into their account. Also, we give owners the ability to pull reports when they want, so they can see real time what rents are in and what expenses are being paid.

Rent Manager review by Gwenn A.
Gwenn A.

"Rent Manager can do everything you need and the service is excellent"

What do you like best?

I like that we can come up with changes to the system and they actually happen. It is fun to see your ideas become reality.

What do you dislike?

I just wish some features were already present but they are working on it. I wish there were better workflows ready to go when you get the generic package. This is where the industry is going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automation, API integration, ease of use

We believe that Rent Manager is very malleable and we use it for a lot more than just property management.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Rent Manager Satisfaction Survey"

What do you like best?

All of our team members can see their individual tasks list & all our team members task lists. We can also keep up with all our contacts & work duties & if the tasks are done or not.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes system shuts down & we have to log back during high volume times. Slow response time when we input lists. Hard to get Rent Manager support on the phone for assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very Good System

Problems - Slow connection & shuts down occasionally. Benefits - Helps organize team tasks, & all our contacts w/addresses & work reports., Best system we have ever used - we've upgraded the Rent Manager for add'l money as Rent Manager is continually keep us up to date with new technology.

"Customize-able"

What do you like best?

We manage a very unique portfolio of properties and rental units across a diverse group of target demographics, and Rent Manager has been very customize-able to our way of doing business.

What do you dislike?

A lot of custom development or a partnership with another CRM has been necessary in order for us to report accurately on leads, showings, conversions, etc.

We manage over 3,500 residential rentals, commercial rentals, parking spots, condominium associations, boat slips, and more. This software allows us to keep track of all of our accounting, operations, and customer interactions in one place.

Rent Manager review by User

"I would recommend Rent Manager property management software"

What do you like best?

The program is user-friendly and cuts out many redundant steps in our accounting processes.

What do you dislike?

We could use spell check in the account history and service manager areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to the help desk when you have questions or issues. They have always been able to help.

When we first began working with Rent Manager they solved the issue of creating the MN CRP form that we are required to send out to our tenants. No other software product had a process for this at the time. Rent Manager also allows us to directly link charges and invoices for our management without creating them twice, which cuts out a lot of redundant billing, paperwork.

User in Real Estate

"Good for the most part "

What do you like best?

It is user friendly, and it is nice to be able to run filters for large amounts of properties that we manage. I run filters based on what units have gone on the market within the last week, and it is very easy to do!

What do you dislike?

It's slow at times when I'm trying to upload pictures for units, and it will sometimes kick me out of the program, but for the most part, it is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool to have for property management companies who deal with a lot of different properties at once

Which units go on the market each week. Run a filter for it, and can see what has gone on.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Awesome for property management"

What do you like best?

It’s very easy to use and user friendly. A lot of great information in front of you at all times

What do you dislike?

Needs to be a bit more modernized. Sometimes you have to click many different locations to find information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other there, and it’s hard to choose one. But so far rent manager is doing good for us.

Works orders/issues, Delinquencies, move ins/move outs

User in Real Estate

"Easy Organization for Landlords"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to keep track of when certain payments are due, to be able to add automatic charges to an account, and the ability to look at all notes/history on a given property with ease.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like the properties are not intuitively "linked" in the system and you sometimes have to open multiple windows to look at different details for a single property.

We are able to keep track of rent payments easily.

Rent Manager review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"WE use Rent Manager to run our entire company"

What do you like best?

I like all the new automation features that are here and coming.

What do you dislike?

Some of the old reports on Xi did not fully integrate over to RM12 but they say they are working on it.

Payable's are easy with eChecks, we use check scanning and ACH for rent collections and are now using service manager more to track progress and productivity.

Rent Manager review by User

"Best we have used so far"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and use. Customizability is great. We even adapted it for use on the sales side task management of our business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a little slow with the cloud connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has great checklist/task management feature that many other companies lack, Good customer service, Constantly updated.

Property management, real estate sales. staff task management.

Rent Manager review by Trish F.
Trish F.

"Property Managementt "

What do you like best?

You can customize this software to fit your clients

What do you dislike?

A lot of add on cost. Every time you want to add a service there is an admin fee

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask the cost of all the services you want and plan carefully

It is one of the best we have tried and the help is by far the best

Rent Manager review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Rent manager is great tool to use for property management"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about rent manager is the ease of use and organization inside of the app that allows you to quickly find what you need

What do you dislike?

at time when dealing with a large number of tenants, it can get messy. I think there should be a grouping mechanism to put tenants into groups to make it cleaner

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there should be a grouping mechanism to put tenants into groups (those that live in the same unit) to make it cleaner and more organized.

quickly and efficiently sorting residential tenants so that the information you need is readily available at a moments notice

Rent Manager review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Rent Manager"

What do you like best?

Rent Manager very user-friendly. I find it very easy to train new employees.

What do you dislike?

No software is perfect, but not much to dislike with this software.

As a property management firm, improved efficiency translates directly ti increased profits. Using Rent Manager and their affiliated 3rd party products, we have been able to substantially increase our efficiency.

Rent Manager review by Sandy S.
Sandy S.

"RentManager Program"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly easy program to use that offers many customized features for the property

What do you dislike?

Layout of program needs to be improved so its more accessible from the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than the other programs out there

Reports to statistical data on occupancy

Rent Manager review by Administrator

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy and yet comprehensive software. Easy to use for new users.

What do you dislike?

The owners functions - should be linked to the vendors (like it used to)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for the administrator and mostly for the users.

Great accounting software for our mobile home parks

Rent Manager review by James B.
James B.

"great support ,amazing customization and ability to use 3rd party vendors API links"

What do you like best?

Fantastic customer support and follow up .

Integration with other programs/apps

What do you dislike?

Hard to keep up on all the improvements they make

Recommendations to others considering the product

use the advanced features

Maintenance tracking, paying vendors by echeck so they get immediate payment,Allowing tenants to pay rent at Walmart, Electronic document signing and links with showmojo.com

Rent Manager review by Justin D.
Justin D.

"10 years of using Rent Manager"

What do you like best?

Customization, integration with phone system, open API

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is limited in what it can do.

We manage 850+ rentals and this keeps all communications, maintenance, accounting, etc accessible in one place.

"Amazing Program"

What do you like best?

The customer services is superb and extremely easy to navigate the software.

What do you dislike?

There is no option to batch enter transactions. (ie deposits, credit card charges)

all of our payables and receivables are in one program

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

This is user friendly compared to other rental software programs I have use. There is more features available. Each day I learn something new and the webinars weekly are great for all skill levels. I love how they are moving with technology and provide apps to connect with rent manager like rminspection and rmsuite

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports I wish could be easily modified without having to script them by hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use, price effectively, and great for all skill levels

We own multi families and commercial buildings. We only use this software for our management now.

"Rent Manager"

What do you like best?

The ease to produce reports and the ability to customize the reports.

What do you dislike?

It does not implement specials for monthly move ins when looking at the reports, so the numbers can be inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you plug in the data correctly when first starting with the software otherwise the reports are meaningless

keeping up with expiring leases as well as providing financial monthly reports.

User in Real Estate

"Excellent program that is user friendly!"

What do you like best?

Great program that is steadily improving! Love the service manager and how easy the program is to use!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when my internet access is out that I can't access the program. It is sometimes slow around busy time of month.

It is Great at keeping up with active work orders!

"Rent Manager"

What do you like best?

I find that Rent Manager is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that I dislike.

I do not use Rent Manager very much. I only have five renters. Really I'm solving receiving rent payments and paying expenses.

User in Real Estate

"Property Management at it's finest"

What do you like best?

It's an easy program to navigate through

What do you dislike?

Absolutely Nothing. Havent found an issue yet

Making property management much easier

Learning about Rent Manager?

* We monitor all Rent Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.