RentWorks

RentWorks is Bluebird's Windows-based Vehicle Rental software. It is packed with features such as a two screen rental process, reservation sales, fleet utilization, rate management and accounting interfaces, including the popular QuickBooks package.

Work for RentWorks?

Learning about RentWorks?

RentWorks Reviews

Ask RentWorks a Question
Showing 27 RentWorks reviews
RentWorks review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"Excellent software and support for Auto Rentals."

What do you like best?

I like that the software is set up to be as user-friendly as possible, with as few screens for the end-user as possible. As a manager, I also appreciate the customization of the favorites screen that allows me to quickly find, and use tools I need that could otherwise be lost in the sea of options this software offers.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike how much it seems to be geared toward 'add-ons', which is unfortunately a sign of the times. What should probably come bundled together in the modern age, such as online reservation integration (website and Facebook,) and internal damage recovery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bluebird is a great piece of software for our small business. It is cost-effective in that it is priced well for what it does. I have not used competitor's software to offer a good comparison, nor have we had a large volume of business to compare to large organizations, however it has done very well by us, and they take our comments, suggestions and complaints to heart and make every effort to improve. Each new release has been a significant improvement, and I feel that makes them a worthwhile investment.

We are handling our entire rental fleet of autos, box trucks and cargo vans, as well as loaner cars, through this software. It has a lot of customization options that have seriously benefited us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RentWorks
RentWorks review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"Bluebird Auto Rental"

What do you like best?

Mayfair Rent-A-Car has been using Bluebird’s RentWorks software for over eleven years and has been very happy with the product. It is very user friendly, which makes it easy for new and existing team members to navigate. When there is an issue, the Mayfair team especially likes the ability to use the online support system. The ability to spell out the problem and the use of team viewer makes solving problems very easy. In addition, the user conference gives the opportunity to network with other users and meet the Bluebird team. Both Angela Margolit and Rob Hano have always been very accessible and willing to support our company when needed. I enthusiastically recommend Bluebird!

What do you dislike?

There are not many areas to dislike. Recently bluebird has added a customer relations manager to reach out to its current customers with any question or issues we may be having. I believe this is a great step and will only improve the product!

Bluebird has made it easy to run our day-to-day business.

What Car Rental solution do you use?

RentWorks review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Strong customer service, and a reliable rental system."

What do you like best?

Angela is dedicated to customer service and technology implementation. She listens to every client as if they were her only customer. The software is easy to train to new employees and is clean to the eye. Whenever there is a issue, their customer service and technology team jumps right in to teach, and fix.

What do you dislike?

Blue Bird's system is solid! But with that it's a bit outdated when it comes to new software and tablet usage. The rental system takes several "tabbed" clicks and several mouse clicks. Installing the software is very tricky, and almost always requires the help of the support team. This makes the desktop version a bit of a challenge when replacing computers or adding computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are two names in the rental software rental industry. Blue bird and TSD, both are great products and are dedicated to their customers. Yes, there are other players who are smaller but have not once attended the International Car Rental show. Blue Bird is a great system for ease of use, and reliability. Once you have the software customized for your business it runs without effort. My only opinion is that TSD is ahead of the curve when it comes to advanced technology, and ease of adjustments. With that TSD also bosts a hefty price tag when it overall does the same thing as Blue Bird. As a user for 15 years, not once did I ever think about leaving!

We are using Blue Bird for our car rental record keeping. The benefits of the software give us the ability to track our entire operations. From reservations, to pick up, extensions, accidents and collections the software does it all. Our employees also took advantage of the time clock system.

RentWorks review by Gil C.
Gil C.

"Bluebird Auto Rental"

What do you like best?

A complete software package to operate a car rental company whether you have a single location or multiple locations. The software is capable to handle the various rental types from retail, corporate and insurance replacement. The system can handle billing, accounting and time clock functions as well

What do you dislike?

Does not have customization capabilities or car share rental systems which are looming on the horizon. There are work arounds for unique situations needed by car rental companies

There are several companies providing car rental software. Having been in the business for 35 years and reviewed several software providers and speaking with other car rental companies I bekieve Bluebird offers the most compete solution to operate a car rental company. I was able to monitor and audit the operation of the company, track performance of an office, a staff person or segment of the business as well as manage rates, fleet and reservations

RentWorks review by Glenn D.
Glenn D.

"Once I learned Bluebird I realized this is all I need to run the rental side of my business."

What do you like best?

Bluebird is and all in one software that inputs retains and report my entire fleet information my employee time clock my customer base and all contracts as well as financial records

What do you dislike?

Would like to improve bug crashes in the middle of a contract and locking that contract. Waiting for customer support to call me back when I have a customer waiting contract processing time would beat faster with a barcode scanner and a drivers license identification hardware that works consistently

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn the software thoroughly and ask all the questions you need

The maintenance on all of my rentals are up to date, my customer records are easy to access, the financial breakdown is easy to find, I can find all information for my entire fleet in a simple report. I realize that without blue bird I would be doing all of this manually is saved me uncountable time.

RentWorks review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Rentworks Review"

What do you like best?

How powerful the software is. Odds are, if there is something you need it to do, it can already do that, or something similar.

It handles everything from rentals, mileage-based fleet maintenance, direct billing, damage claims, and many more capabilities that it would take hours to fully discuss

What do you dislike?

The learning curve.

Rentworks is an extremely complex program. It seeks to be an all in one solution for almost every aspect of running a rental car company.

As such, there is so much to learn in order to fully, or even mostly, utilize it.

Thankfully, Bluebird offers many avenues of training to help users get the most out of their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the online webinars, and dont hesitate to contact their technical support, their support team is awesome.

Tracking maintenance schedules for fleet cars.

Tracking direct bills of contracts, such as in the case of insurance rentals.

Rentworks makes our business possible. There are just so many things to keep track of, that need to be linked together, that it would be impractical to do with separate pieces of software.

RentWorks review by Grey P.
Grey P.

"Bluebird review"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to design our own rate structure and adapt it when the need arrises.

What do you dislike?

so many reports and menus that if you can't remember where something is and it's not on your favorite list, it's very hard to find or use "help" to locate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are a number of additional products that can be piggy-backed onto the software. The basic rentworks will do everything a small agency needs. We added EREZ to automate the online reservation system. Still forming an opinion on that.

the ability to add notes to a car or renter has been a huge benefit. Went to rent a vehicle to a customer that had not been here for five years but had a bal due. Customer walked but it kept us out of a possible situation.

RentWorks review by Internal Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Internal Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Provides the ideal solutions for renting at multiple locations "

What do you like best?

Access via the Internet. using the familiar windows based interface. tracking rates, your rental agreements, vehicles, and customers using multiple reports. They gave great tech support for the times that I had problems or couldn't figure something out. One of their advisers even stayed well after their closing time to help me out. It is dependable and easy to use

What do you dislike?

I have no negative issues with them. Bluebird has always been very responsive in all our requests. If there is a special feature we would like to see in the system they will consider the request if attainable and attempt to oblige.

The system is organized to practice skill the physical rental process, so it makes complete sense as a rental agent moves from screen to screen. This not only speeds the process of training new employees but allows us to get customers in and out of our locations as quickly as possible. The reliability of the software is also a key factor that we keep in mind

"Fantastic Rental Software"

What do you like best?

The layout of fields and screens in the rental and reservations areas matches the dialog agents have with renters so the information can be filled in quickly. The tab, fill-in, process is fast with little backtracking. We love the equipment list and equipment check out/in area for GPS, child seats, EZPass etc. Reports are accurate and easy to run. Add on modules like Claims Manager and ERez are easy to get up and running and very helpful. The folks in NJ are a joy to work with! The program is reliable and works. We love stability in our operations and Bluebird is one of our most stable components of our operations.

What do you dislike?

It's taken us awhile to tweak the security settings for each group of employees. It would be nice if the system was loaded with a generic security platform which you could change item by item as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful program! We couldn't run our business without it. The YouTube tutorials are great for helping to train new employees. The online support is easy to use and they do a good job of keeping everyone in the loop with their BarsNet newsletter. They are very approachable via phone and email. Would highly recommend.

The software allows us to rent more cars quicker with less risk by providing the required fields needed to limit our liability .

RentWorks review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Avis Budget Payless Licensee user"

What do you like best?

Rent Works is a very easy to learn and easy to use product once you get the hang of it. We use this for back office accounting and reports. The easy of the reports and functionality are great. We use the Licensee bridge though and that tends to not play all that well with each other. This is in part due to restrictions from other avenues. If I were a standalone rental company or starting my own company for rental I would use this product first.

What do you dislike?

We use this for back office and front but because we don't use it for everything exclusively we have translations and timing delays. Not really the fault of the product though. Small extra steps in some process that seem annoying but could be just because I am used to a completely different system for so many years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for locations who are not attached to large company. I know there are restrictions based on us being attached to one of the big three. If you are getting into car rental for the first time this product will be easy to understand and use. Based on my current system, for renting the bulk of my cars, this system is what I would hope to have.

Going paperless. Using this for rentals and having signature capture is helping us get closer to paperless. This saves on paper, Ink, wear and tear on equipment, and storage needs. This system is also great for Insurance replacement. I like the freedom to be able to create our own stuff that is tailored to my business locally.

RentWorks review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is great. When you place a call you are greeted by a live person and not an automated system. They assist you very quick and rarely ever put on hold.

What do you dislike?

The interface it a little outdated in design style. It has the early 2000 feel to it but it works great. If there is a problem its not something you can typically fix without calling Tech Support but they will get it fixed for you very quickly. Very few credit card processor are allowed at link into system. To us the integrated processing, you must choose one of there providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very fair and reasonably priced compared to its competitors.

Ease of use if great. When you are helping customers, you don't want to make them stand there and wait. Check outs and check ins are very quick and simple.

RentWorks review by Jason E.
Jason E.

"I have used the Bluebird Software for several years and have always found it to be user friendly."

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly which makes training very easy. The ability to use CyberQuery for reporting also makes the reporting much better then any other rental software I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

The reporting without CyberQuery can make finding some data harder without running multiple reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Demos and talk to current customers. Many have been with Bluebird for several years. A long standing relationship in this area is always a good thing.

Training can always be an issue. I cannot stress how easy this software made training new employees.

RentWorks review by Kamran T.
Kamran T.

"Blue Jay"

What do you like best?

Support and easy access to all the information i need and a very secure program.

Web base program easy to use not much of training.

They are always quick to respond either by phone and on line.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike it is good enough for me.

Basically it dose everything for me from credit card to my accounting and my promotion.

I can do my invoicing very easy and quick i can do most of my accounting.

RentWorks review by Tejpal S.
Tejpal S.

"Excellent Software to manage your entire rental car fleet or loaner car fleet."

What do you like best?

If you are planning to have multiple locations and would like to optimize fleet utilization then Bluebird is the way to go. Excellent customer service. Talk to Angela to get the best deals.

What do you dislike?

Use an accounting software with Bluebird

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret coming on board with Bluebird. Excellent team. Keep the good work up Angela.

Owner of 4 Car Rental Companies using the same fleet.

RentWorks review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Bluebird Auto Rental Systems - rental car made easy"

What do you like best?

The rental process is straight forward. All you have to do is fill in the blanks. Training new employees on this part is a breeze

What do you dislike?

Loading the rate structures can be tedious but unfortunately we need a variety of rates due to our clientele

The loaner entry program has made our interaction with the dealers even smoother

Administrator in Automotive

"We are getting setup and it has been difficult, but we are beginning to see the benefits."

What do you like best?

I like the training and support staff. Very concerned with getting you off on the right foot.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the integration process to my DMS and the rental agreement creation process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bluebird has an excellent support staff and will stand behind you when you need it the most. Certainly get as much help from them as possible while setting up.

We are solving the problem that our dealership has with customer service. Renting vehicles to customers in our service department has been a powerful tool

RentWorks review by John S.
John S.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

The customer support is quick and able. They get right on any complaint that I have and resolve it within the day most times.

What do you dislike?

A little slow to keep up on upgrades. I was under the impression that we were running the latest software and was informed that we are woefully outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot. they work well.

Easy management of a rental fleet. It helps me keep track of my assets in an orderly manner.

RentWorks review by Administrator

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM "

What do you like best?

HOW EASY IT IS TO USE AND FIND REPORTS FOR END OF MONTH. ITS FAST LEARNING WITH GREAT HELP FOR ANY ISSUES. VERY USER FRIENDLY

What do you dislike?

THERE IS NOTHING REALLY THAT WE DONT LIKE WITH RENTWORKS

Recommendations to others considering the product

YOU WILL LOVE THIS SYSTEM ITS VERY FAST AND EASY LEARNING

LOVE THE SYSTEM IT IS A EASY TRAINING, FAST LEARNING AND GREAT HELP. VERY USEFULL SYSTEM FOR A FAST PACE BUSINESS. EASY REPORTS LIKE TIME CLOCK AND END OF MONTH REPORTS

RentWorks review by David L.
David L.

"Blue Bird Auto Rental Systems"

What do you like best?

Service/Support and the price they offer for their software.

What do you dislike?

Help desk calls are ALWAYS a return call, not a handle it as you get it priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Managing day to day car rental operations, repair history, rental agreement/revenue recording.

RentWorks review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Mayfair Rent-A-Car - review of Bluebird"

What do you like best?

I like that when there is an issue, you are able to track the progress of it being resolved.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you cannot delete anything. Also, the 'Extension' screen does not work the way we would like it to work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get feedback from similar companies as yours. Ensure that you ask them how things work for items that are important to you.

We have learned how to better track revenue from our accounts.

RentWorks review by My Value C.
My Value C.

"Working with Bluebird has been great!!"

What do you like best?

User friendly! Great customer support team!!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike... maybe more report options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! You will love it!!

Tracking all transactions has been so helpful!

"7waysrental.com review"

What do you like best?

The support that we get from Nigel in the uk is great

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes can be quite slow and it would be better if the screen display was full size

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system dose work very very well on a day to day basis . And the U.K. Support is great !

There are one or two on going things

RentWorks review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Great people!!!!"

What do you like best?

They are very good people to work with. Very knowledgeable about their product. Awesome group of people!!!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything bad about bluebird. They have a very user friendly product

The only problem we have had was how to load rates and it was fixed promptly.

RentWorks review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Functions as presented and is cost effective."

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Low monthly support and upfront charges

Shared user license

What do you dislike?

Lack of manufacturer approvals.

Annual foms programming charges (Toyota).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify the software meets you rental fleet goals.

Rental fleet for mulitple manufacturers in central location. Reduced cost and easy growth process.

"administrator"

What do you like best?

the ease of use of the program, multiple tabs can be open at the same time, tracking of the customer base, the amount of reports that can be run.

What do you dislike?

the amount of time it takes to get help after calling in, the size of the screen is small needs to be able to go full screen, the idea that on some screens that you cannot copy and past information

the ease of tracking of all our units

"Car Rental"

What do you like best?

support ease with a phone call or support ticket

What do you dislike?

screen specs, we use split screens and cannot max the screen

car rentals

RentWorks review by Administrator in Executive Office
Administrator in Executive Office

"Easy to use, functions as expected"

What do you like best?

the support staff is quick and responsive

What do you dislike?

some of the Claims fields are not modifiable

effective way to track claims data

Learning about RentWorks?

* We monitor all RentWorks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.