RentWorks

RentWorks is Bluebird's Windows-based Vehicle Rental software. It is packed with features such as a two screen rental process, reservation sales, fleet utilization, rate management and accounting interfaces, including the popular QuickBooks package.

Work for RentWorks?

Learning about RentWorks?

RentWorks Reviews

Ask RentWorks a Question
Showing 27 RentWorks reviews
RentWorks review by <span>Joshua M.</span>
Joshua M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Excellent software and support for Auto Rentals.

What do you like best?

I like that the software is set up to be as user-friendly as possible, with as few screens for the end-user as possible. As a manager, I also appreciate the customization of the favorites screen that allows me to quickly find, and use tools I need that could otherwise be lost in the sea of options this software offers.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike how much it seems to be geared toward 'add-ons', which is unfortunately a sign of the times. What should probably come bundled together in the modern age, such as online reservation integration (website and Facebook,) and internal damage recovery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bluebird is a great piece of software for our small business. It is cost-effective in that it is priced well for what it does. I have not used competitor's software to offer a good comparison, nor have we had a large volume of business to compare to large organizations, however it has done very well by us, and they take our comments, suggestions and complaints to heart and make every effort to improve. Each new release has been a significant improvement, and I feel that makes them a worthwhile investment.

We are handling our entire rental fleet of autos, box trucks and cargo vans, as well as loaner cars, through this software. It has a lot of customization options that have seriously benefited us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RentWorks
RentWorks review by <span>Mike D.</span>
Mike D.

Bluebird Auto Rental

What do you like best?

Mayfair Rent-A-Car has been using Bluebird’s RentWorks software for over eleven years and has been very happy with the product. It is very user friendly, which makes it easy for new and existing team members to navigate. When there is an issue, the Mayfair team especially likes the ability to use the online support system. The ability to spell out the problem and the use of team viewer makes solving problems very easy. In addition, the user conference gives the opportunity to network with other users and meet the Bluebird team. Both Angela Margolit and Rob Hano have always been very accessible and willing to support our company when needed. I enthusiastically recommend Bluebird!

What do you dislike?

There are not many areas to dislike. Recently bluebird has added a customer relations manager to reach out to its current customers with any question or issues we may be having. I believe this is a great step and will only improve the product!

Bluebird has made it easy to run our day-to-day business.

What Car Rental solution do you use?

RentWorks review by <span>Jennifer R.</span>
Jennifer R.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Strong customer service, and a reliable rental system.

What do you like best?

Angela is dedicated to customer service and technology implementation. She listens to every client as if they were her only customer. The software is easy to train to new employees and is clean to the eye. Whenever there is a issue, their customer service and technology team jumps right in to teach, and fix.

What do you dislike?

Blue Bird's system is solid! But with that it's a bit outdated when it comes to new software and tablet usage. The rental system takes several "tabbed" clicks and several mouse clicks. Installing the software is very tricky, and almost always requires the help of the support team. This makes the desktop version a bit of a challenge when replacing computers or adding computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are two names in the rental software rental industry. Blue bird and TSD, both are great products and are dedicated to their customers. Yes, there are other players who are smaller but have not once attended the International Car Rental show. Blue Bird is a great system for ease of use, and reliability. Once you have the software customized for your business it runs without effort. My only opinion is that TSD is ahead of the curve when it comes to advanced technology, and ease of adjustments. With that TSD also bosts a hefty price tag when it overall does the same thing as Blue Bird. As a user for 15 years, not once did I ever think about leaving!

We are using Blue Bird for our car rental record keeping. The benefits of the software give us the ability to track our entire operations. From reservations, to pick up, extensions, accidents and collections the software does it all. Our employees also took advantage of the time clock system.

RentWorks review by <span>Gil C.</span>
Gil C.

Bluebird Auto Rental

What do you like best?

A complete software package to operate a car rental company whether you have a single location or multiple locations. The software is capable to handle the various rental types from retail, corporate and insurance replacement. The system can handle billing, accounting and time clock functions as well

What do you dislike?

Does not have customization capabilities or car share rental systems which are looming on the horizon. There are work arounds for unique situations needed by car rental companies

There are several companies providing car rental software. Having been in the business for 35 years and reviewed several software providers and speaking with other car rental companies I bekieve Bluebird offers the most compete solution to operate a car rental company. I was able to monitor and audit the operation of the company, track performance of an office, a staff person or segment of the business as well as manage rates, fleet and reservations

RentWorks review by <span>Glenn D.</span>
Glenn D.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Once I learned Bluebird I realized this is all I need to run the rental side of my business.

What do you like best?

Bluebird is and all in one software that inputs retains and report my entire fleet information my employee time clock my customer base and all contracts as well as financial records

What do you dislike?

Would like to improve bug crashes in the middle of a contract and locking that contract. Waiting for customer support to call me back when I have a customer waiting contract processing time would beat faster with a barcode scanner and a drivers license identification hardware that works consistently

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn the software thoroughly and ask all the questions you need

The maintenance on all of my rentals are up to date, my customer records are easy to access, the financial breakdown is easy to find, I can find all information for my entire fleet in a simple report. I realize that without blue bird I would be doing all of this manually is saved me uncountable time.

RentWorks review by <span>Chris C.</span>
Chris C.

Rentworks Review

What do you like best?

How powerful the software is. Odds are, if there is something you need it to do, it can already do that, or something similar.

It handles everything from rentals, mileage-based fleet maintenance, direct billing, damage claims, and many more capabilities that it would take hours to fully discuss

What do you dislike?

The learning curve.

Rentworks is an extremely complex program. It seeks to be an all in one solution for almost every aspect of running a rental car company.

As such, there is so much to learn in order to fully, or even mostly, utilize it.

Thankfully, Bluebird offers many avenues of training to help users get the most out of their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the online webinars, and dont hesitate to contact their technical support, their support team is awesome.

Tracking maintenance schedules for fleet cars.

Tracking direct bills of contracts, such as in the case of insurance rentals.

Rentworks makes our business possible. There are just so many things to keep track of, that need to be linked together, that it would be impractical to do with separate pieces of software.

Learning about RentWorks?

* We monitor all RentWorks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.