Sales automation software that puts your outreach on autopilot, while still making each communication personal.

Work for Reply?

Learning about Reply?

Reply Reviews

Ask Reply a Question
Showing 233 Reply reviews
Reply review by Sal  A.
Sal A.

"EASY, FAST, RELIABLE !! Gets the Job done!"

What do you like best?

I love the we can automate our emails and be able to scale with out losing the personal touch! I love that I can track all the metrics like deliveries, open, and clicks for every email sequence. Love that they have templates so that I can set up a campaign really quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot of things to dislike. Like everything system, sometime you run into a bug that can cause a headache, but they have great customer service and are very helpful. Plus the bugs are usually fixed very fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This a great service and I recommend to anyone who needs to automate their business outreach via email.

We are a online gifting company and have been trying to grow our B2B Side as we feel our product is a good fit for all corporate gifting. We use reply to engage with executives from different firms to see how we can help with their gifting needs. Reply really helps us bring a personal touch with our potential Clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Reply
Reply review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Best One-To-Many Personalized Email Sending Software"

What do you like best?

Being able to send emails as if they are sending directly from your G Suite gmail account makes this tool incredibly powerful and makes it feel incredibly personalized at a mass scale. We are able to use much of the API to integrate into our existing sales processes for clients and it works quite well.

What do you dislike?

There are quite a few things missing from the API. You really should be able to mark people as "opted out" and other settings via the API. All the API allows for is marking as "replied" and "finished". There needs to be more settings available for us to further automate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to use a throwaway domain if you are using Reply for some type of mass-email outreach (cold emailing). We primarily use this for actual inbound lead follow-up for clients so we use the main feature-set, but you definitely would not want to do this if you were reaching out to people who may mark your emails as spam as it could hurt your company domain.

Sending out drip sales campaigns and project completion email campaigns asking for reviews. We have seen the sales drip campaigns aid in improving the close rate of our clients by getting more touch-points in for opportunities they are working on closing.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Reply review by Josh E.
Josh E.

"Automate the grunt work"

What do you like best?

The control and configurability of multiple messages, timing them, A/B versions and seeing what works with their analytics.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget to slide the campaign to "on" and think I've completed my steps, it would be nice if it were labled "go" because sometimes I don't realize where I'm at in my setup and need things to be labeled as steps so I know what I have to do and go on to the next step. I know it may sound like dumbing it down but I jump around and it would be nice to see step buttons greyed out if already completed and green or highlighted for ones I need to work on before launching my campaign. I'm being very picky though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've never seen anything like this or known it existed to automate sending so many emails. No more copying and pasting names/business names into emails that you don't know whos opening, etc.

Automating the monotanous task of sending cold emails to get the word out. No more copying and pasting company name and contact names. I can send 10x the amount of emails I normally would manually if not more.

Reply review by Phil C.
Phil C.

"Unbelievably fast and easy-to-use service for e-mail blasts of all shapes and sizes"

What do you like best?

Reply makes my life easier, especially when it comes to contacting attendees for trade shows before/during/after the events. During busy seasons, we have 4 shows a month and Reply makes e-mail marketing a breeze. I upload the full attendee list, set the messaging, frequency, how to handle replies, etc., and Reply does the rest of the work. Best of all it integrates beautifully with Gmail, so that all messages to/from my Reply blasts come straight into my Inbox!

What do you dislike?

Every now and again, there are some issues with "People" lists being uploaded. Sometimes I find myself having to upload the same list 3 or 4 times before the full list appears in the campaign. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, but it's the only negative I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having never used any other email automation tool, I can't say how it relates functionally... but for the price, I'm not sure there's a better or easier to use option out there.

Without Reply, I was manually sending e-mails to a subset of lists. I was doing manual e-mail blasts! It was brutal and took a lot of time. Reply makes it possible for me to load a full list into its system, compose the messaging, and like the Ron Popeil Rotisserie Oven, "Set it and Forget It!"

Reply review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"Customer Support Makes the Difference"

What do you like best?

We found 3 - 4 good options but ultimately chose Reply because of their customer support. A few months in to using the tool and customer support remains the most used feature of the tool (e.g., my campaign is doing something weird help and 30 seconds later someone is helping).

Also, I really like being able to add attachments directly (not just as a link) to subsequent emails.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features I can imagine that are missing. For example, I'd like to manually start an email pattern and have Reply take over after my initial email. You can more or less do it, but it could be easier.

I also dislike that once I add a new A/B format to one of my steps in a campaign, I cannot delete the new format if it is performing poorly. The (recommended) solution is to just edit the format to match a better performing A/B alternative, which screws with the stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

New features have been added even in just the short time we've been using that suggest a great understanding of what a tool like Reply should do. They also have amazing customer support to help you get the most out of the tool.

We're a very small sales team. Reply allows me to focus on finding new prospects and automate the follow up process.

Reply review by Sean M.
Sean M.

"Super easy to use"

What do you like best?

Reply is super easy to use and straightforward.

The UX/UI couldn’t be easier.

The tips and tricks they provided helped us improve our response rate to our cold calls.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to think of where they fell down. The customer service is great. The tips are great and the service in general is great. Really I can’t think of anything.

We had to email 1.2 million real estate agents with a cold email to raise awareness of our product but knew a mailchimp like marketing email would be marked as spam. We wanted a email solution that would look and feel like a one off email sent from a real person. Reply allowed us to do that with an openrate of 40% and a response rate of 25%

Reply review by Jolijt T.
Jolijt T.

"Great software for a growing company"

What do you like best?

Reply makes following up so easy. We put together our pitch list, write up the emails and hit go. Replies hit my inbox and I can spend my time fielding qualified leads. Really any company that needs to pitch more than 10 people on anything - potential customers, investors, vendors, partners, press etc - (so every company) should be using Reply.

What do you dislike?

It's a little buggy and clunky to use. Sometimes it won't show you the preview or let you edit the emails. This is usually solved by logging out and logging back in. So it's not a fatal bug by any means. Just a little annoying.

We're a lean startup trying to keep our sales team small but efficient. We use Reply to pitch potential clients and follow up at a rate that we could otherwise not hit.

Reply review by Edward K.
Edward K.

"Bad ass Mass Sales Email Software"

What do you like best?

Reply has a really slick interface and reasonably robust integration with Zapier. This is my first time doing mass emails so the support team has been absolutely awesome in giving me guidance both in Reply specific actions but also Mass email guidelines in general.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had a better way to push data FROM Reply to Zapier and thus to places like Airtable where I keep my Prospects. This is about the only weakness that Reply has in my opinion. The system is fairly good at sensing what's undeliverable, what's a positive response, so on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will want to have your prospects centrally housed in a repository like system such as Airtable.

I'm a sales consultant who is doing automated sales outreach for a B2B marketing agency. I want to be able to send customized sales emails at scale.

I have seen my open rates plummet but that's because I didn't follow their advice about warming up a domain. That's my fault.

Reply review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Easy to use, get's the job done."

What do you like best?

I would definitely say the ease of use with Reply. I can quickly set up my email campaigns, schedule a time for it to get sent out and Reply does the rest.

What do you dislike?

Reply has been great ever since I've been using it. I would say there's nothing about their platform that I dislike. The support is easy to reach and has always been helpful too so that's great as compared to other companies. You have a question, you easily pop into Reply and ask a question to one of the reps that's online at the time.

Definitely would be the fact that it helps with my email marketing campaigns. They have made it so easy to use that sending the right emails and on time has made life bliss knowing my users are getting their mail.

Reply review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Reply.io is key to lead generation success"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, very responsive support team, affordable, integrates with a multitude of software platforms via the Zapier connection solution. I especially appreciate the follow up from the Reply.io support team.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more than 27 attributes, and we would like to see an integration with PieSync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are diligent about verifying email addresses before uploading, the key to your success is a "verified" list. I strongly recommend the integration with Nimble.com, will save you time with importing and exporting data.

We use Reply.io for our Sales Lead Automation program. Our clients are experiencing incredible open rates, and more importantly unbelievable conversions. With Reply.io we have a very high success rate of making it to the Inbox.

Reply review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"Great for small teams"

What do you like best?

As a small creative studio with only one salesperson (myself), I really needed to be able to set up email sequences that could run by themselves - so that I could have more time to focus on other aspects of the business. I liked how easy it was to create new sequences in just a matter of minutes - also their template sequences were a good starting point.

And the very best thing is that every time I had a question, their team responded very quickly!

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that I could set up a custom signature. I have a really nice email signature that I use in my email and couldn't figure out how to bring that over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I loved the simplicity of it as well as the user interface. I would suggest trying the free trial to see if it's right for your company.

I needed to scale sales and it definitely helped me reach more people while giving me the ability to customize and personalize the e-mails.

Reply review by Hewitt T.
Hewitt T.

"Reply makes it easy for busy salespeople"

What do you like best?

Reply is a great tool for a busy sales department. I don't want to spend time in a software setting up a cold outreach campaign and my salespeople don't either. I Was a little skeptical of the tool and figured I would give up on it when I got frustrated but never did get stressed out using it. Very easy.

What do you dislike?

There are some very small nuances that I can't actually remember but they only showed up once I used the program a few times so I would consider them things that only advanced users would run into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy to use that "easy of use" will not be what prevents you from using it.

I absolutely love that we can have emails replying to previous emails with the recycled subject line (Re: Your business). It skyrocketed our open rates and we at least can get an answer out of people as opposed to never hearing back from them.

Reply review by Jonathan K.
Jonathan K.

"Best Email Marketing Software I Know of"

What do you like best?

Reply sends emails directly from your email and is easy to use. I love that I can set up campaigns, monitor how people engage, and then automate how to respond depending on their reaction. I also love that it gives you feedback on your email copy recommending character count, adding questions, and gives you an overall quality score for your emails!

What do you dislike?

I don't love that despite the fact that my email provider can send out more than 400 emails a day, I'm not allowed to go beyond that threshold. I've checked with them and I can send 3000 per day, so it'd be great if in the future there was more flexibility around this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

increase daily email limit, especially for those with G suite which has a higher daily send limit

I don't need to do as much manual reach out, so, in a word, saves me tons of time! Additionally, I can create multiple campaigns based on my needs, or duplicate previous campaigns easily as well.

Reply review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Efficient and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Reply has a very intuitive interface and it's easy to see the success of individual campaigns at a glance. There's a vast resource library for all questions, their support staff are helpful and friendly, and the performance of campaigns is smooth and without issue. It's a platform that is great for beginner or intermediate marketing professionals running email marketing of any size. Reliable and easy to let run without unnecessary processes to maintain.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple improvements that could be made, from our experience. The system could benefit from a way to easily search for contacts via company name, not just contact name (outside of filtering individually, which takes time.) There should also be a filter for blacklisted contacts, to download for DNC lists; archived campaigns should still retain their individual in-depth stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A reliable and simple outbound marketing platform, with a lot of useful tips and tricks provided to constantly improve its use.

Reply is really helpful for A/B split testing, and we've been able narrow down the most efficient email copy for individual industries, sectors and functions. The reports function has been helpful for calculating performance per month, week, day - in general for all campaigns and individually.

Reply review by Gavin B.
Gavin B.

"Great email drip campaign solution with fast customer support chat."

What do you like best?

This is the best solution I have found for sending personal plain text emails with tracking. Reply gives you the ability to validate the emails in your list before sending to reduce bounce rates. They offer a simple built in one way sync from Pipedrive and Zapier allows us to sync back the status of a lead from Reply. Zapier also allows us to automate emails based on a leads stage in our pipeline and send them via Reply. Being able to see the email templates displayed together is helpful and you can preview the entire campaign without leaving your account. Lastly, the email signature and ability to change the from and reply email address is convenient.

What do you dislike?

The site feels sluggish at times and there are a few features I would like to see added.

1. Show the dates in steps that emails will be sent based on when a record was added. This would be helpful as a supplement to in 6 days, in 15 days, in 21 days etc.

2. Allow campaigns to remain active despite not having any active members. This is necessary for campaigns that may only send a single email and are triggered via Zapier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their extensive help documentation and contact support via chat if needed. The tool is fairly straightforward and is easy to get the hang of.

Lead generation and follow up for rolling campaigns with a few hundred contacts. The Reply Inbox feature allows you to easily respond and keep track of campaign communication. Campaign performance has increased thanks to A/B testing and ease of iterating email templates.

Reply review by Administrator

"Great Product, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Reply.io is how easy it is to use. It's very intuitive and only takes a little bit of practice and common sense to get your email campaigns underway.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the amount of 'sends' you're allowed per day. It's completely understandable why they have it this way though, because if they didn't most of my emails would go straight to SPAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest this product! It has saved me an incredible amount of time at work. I no longer have to track all my cold emailing by hand, reply does it for me! Also, the analytics that they provide you are so helpful in determining the success of a campaign. If there's and hesitation to switching to Reply simply hop on a demo with anyone of the other email automation vendors and you'll see that Reply has the cleanest platform, easiest to use interface and the customer support is incredible helpful!

We're able to reach a larger number of potential buyers while being able to follow up with them effortlessly. Prior to using Reply.io we were sending all of our emails and follow up emails by hand, which was a major time waster! With Reply.io it's extremely nice to have the automation factor to help me manage.

Reply review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"Reply eliminates the hassle of endless cold outreach"

What do you like best?

Reply seamlessly allows you to reach a ton of people in a short amount of time by automating the painful cold email process. It allows you to prospect smarter and work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Small UX issues that made the platform a little confusing at first, but it was easy to learn after putting the time in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the trial to see if it will work for your individual business.

Reply allows me to prospect smarter by automating the cold email outreach process. It allows me to test multiple different emails to see what works best as well as gain insight on who is actually opening my emails which is really helpful

Reply review by Krista B.
Krista B.

"Great for Sales Teams"

What do you like best?

I like how you can easily add multiple email accounts and campaigns. It is also very easy to add "steps" or even add steps later in your campaign. I also like how we can have our developer hook up the API and make things more automated, or the sales team can easily go in create their own campaigns and drop in their prospect list.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that becomes really annoying is when campaigns pause because you hit a sending limit. I think this is because there are many 'settings' that conflict. You have settings on both the email account that you added and limitation settings on the campaign itself.

We use Reply.io for following up with existing clients, welcoming new customers, and building rapport. It has helped our sales team spend less time crafting emails and setting reminders to follow up so that they can spend more time closing deals.

Reply review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Very easy to get started - A must for a small sales force"

What do you like best?

Reply is perfect for a small salesforce. If you have 2-3 salespeople and you don't want the training, upkeep and cost of Salesforce.com.. Reply is a great alternative for your organization. It's simple interface, 5 minute setup and helpful prompts make it very easy for an active salesperson to get in and get out while still never missing a beat with his/her prospects.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to figure out how many emails I could send out. Because I was comparing Reply to services like Constant Contact. Then I figured out that Reply actually IS your Google Inbox. Emails are coming from you@yourdomain.com and not some dumb constantcontact.com address that gets blocked by everyone's spam filters. Once I figured that out, I was OK with only sending a few hundred emails a day out of my Inbox. My interactions with clients now are more natural, and it appears very real and authentic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, decide if you are Sales or Marketing. Reply should be used by the Sales person in your organization, not the Marketing person. Marketing people are there to work the top of the funnel, and get people "sales ready". Reply is made specifically to help those sales people who have sales ready leads, and need to close them.

You know, it took me a few days to find this feature in Gmail. When I loaded the Reply Chrome Extension, it added this bar at the bottom of the screen. I recently found that I could click and bring up all of my email templates. Now, when someone asks me a very common question or fills out a lead form on my website, I copy their email address into the clipboard, open a new email, drop in a template I've used before and I know works, and then paste their email and hit send. Super easy. Now I keep track of the emails that work (and result in YESes) and the ones that don't.

Reply review by Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

"Easy to get started"

What do you like best?

The layout is simple, clean, easy to navigate. If you are new to email campaigns (and I was) its pretty easy to get started. If I get stuck on a step, I can chat with a product expert right from that screen. I have also found the email verification to be pretty accurate. Even though I use other sights to help gather contact information, I've learned that if Reply says its :not a valid email" its usually right! I would really like to have an integration to LinkedIn Sales Navigator to more quickly import information.

What do you dislike?

I find it confusing to know which features I should leverage inside Reply.io and which ones I should use in my CRM. For example, why would I use the "Tasks" feature in Reply vs. my CRM. What additional value does it bring me? I'm a 1 person shop so I don't have a lot of free time to investigate features. I need to get going quickly.

2 main benefits: making contact with new clients; quick visibility into who's really reading my mail.

Reply review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Reply.io is super helpful"

What do you like best?

I liked that I could spend more of my time crafting a good email once, and tailoring it for a larger group. I also liked that I could view the emails before I sent them and make small alterations or personalizations. It was helpful that they were all in one window.

What do you dislike?

It was pretty unclear how many emails I could send and when they would begin to be sent. I was running a Kickstarter project, so it was important that the emails went out exactly when I wanted, which was made difficult (and unexpectedly stressful) with this. Also the email sending limits were annoying, but I think that was a Google thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test your campaigns before you send them out. Like a lot. Because the last thing you want is for something unexpected to happen when you are launching a new product or making an announcement.

I used Reply.io for the mailing list of my Kickstarter project and sending personalized emails to different sub groups within the mailing list. This saved me a ton of very valuable time.

Reply review by Kim G.
Kim G.

"Marketing Manager"

What do you like best?

One of the things I love most about Reply is the extremely prompt customer service. ANY time I have a little Q I can ask them in the chat box and they get back instantly. Its great. They are so friendly and easy to work with. The platform itself is pretty easy to use intuitively as well. We love it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit slow (from a loading perspective).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We do all of our email outreach through Reply and it is one of our main driving forces for developing MQLs. With Reply we're able to customize each email in a way that's unique and appears as though it is more of a thoughtful email.

Reply review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Best way to get things done, fast"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can prepare a few steps in advance with different email templates- so I can just launch it and be rest assured it would happen automatically- It saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The way of adding new contact person to every step in a campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for sending surveys, since it allows you to reach a large group of emails address and monitored the open rates and replies- so you could have a better understanding of where you stand in terms of customers engagement.

We've used Reply a couple of time to send out our quarterly survey- since we are dealing with a long list of customers, Reply allow us to do it in a more efficient way and most important- fast!

Reply review by Raquel C.
Raquel C.

"Great platform but a lot to improve "

What do you like best?

Overall, Reply is a very good system of campaign organization. I like that I have everything to measure my results in one place. I can organize my contacts, format my campaign which will go out looking like I'm sending directly from my email, and it offers very comprehensive stats. Managing all the users and compare them as a team gives us a really good insight as well.

What do you dislike?

It took us a while to really get it ready, there's a lot of layers and settings before a message can go out. We had a few issues at the beginning of using Reply because the campaign would be sent before the set schedule. After a few attempts, the issue was solved. Customer service can be tricky, although I only have good things to say about our contact people. It makes a difference, though, to have direct chat if there's any question from our end, Reply team is always very responsive :) It's a complex system to change lists in the same campaign. Too many steps of back and forth to set a campaign. I also don't like that when I export stats, it just gives me general data of the entire campaign. I would love to have more specific data exported for reporting.

We can keep track of prospective clients and organize or CRM through it, which improves a lot our workflow. We can send different steps and just wait for the results after a few days, instead of always checking inaccurate stats form different systems.

Reply review by Zee G.
Zee G.

"Great tool for following up your leads"

What do you like best?

I enjoy reply.io for follow up emails and chains because it is very user-friendly and straightforward. There are convenient templates which you can create for yourself as well as share with your team members and everyone can be on the same page in terms of consistency (after all, it's important to send emails that are formatted the same way and for new people who join your company it simplifies the integration into the processes.)

What do you dislike?

The email design isn't too sophisticated, but it does what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for those who are looking for a convenient tool to set up automation for email follow-ups. We have several email chains set up and the open rate is much higher than that in the MailChimp for the similar emails.

If you would like to customize your emails with various pictures and everything, Reply isn't really your thing, but if you want plain text with minimal customization that would feel as if you have sent the email yourself - then go for Reply.

Reply is perfect when you want to follow up your lead and don't want to get lost in the spam or "Promotions."

Reply review by Jake H.
Jake H.

"Cold email marketing on autopilot, deceptive pricing."

What do you like best?

As someone who's done a great deal of cold email outreach campaigns on a plethora of platforms, Reply.io's modern and slick UI is it's biggest asset. That, alongside the many settings that are given enable marketers to leave nothing up to chance. Everything can be tested (with their native A/B testing tool) and improved upon.

Also, the continous improvements from the developers are great to see. I've been using it for roughly 4-months, and have seen 3 major updates and feature implementations... really good to know these guys have a product roadmap planned out!

What do you dislike?

Tread carefully - pricing is not as it seems. You are limited to 3 email accounts, with $20 added per email account per month afterwords. This is not mentioned on the pricing page, now the terms and conditions. The unlimited tier is NOT unlimited.

Sometimes the site loads very slowly, or clicking on a certain tab/button will not work. This is likely a Chrome Desktop issue, though, since the site loads and works just fine on my mobile (iPhone 6s).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research.

Reply is a fantastic tool, but it might not be the right one for your campaign or budget. Always do your diligence before purchasing software. These guys have pretty fantastic livechat support embedded into the site, so getting a hold of someone shouldn't bee too tough.

-Automated outreach

-Personalization

-AB testing

-Email validation

-Reports, metrics, and dashboards.

Reply is NOT the only tool that does email automation, but I've used quite a few and I can tell you this is the best and cheapest email tool in it's class.

Reply review by Bryan M.
Bryan M.

"Make Your Sales Outreach Easier"

What do you like best?

Reply does all the grunt work you don't have the time or bandwidth to do. Find the contacts you're interested in contacting, create your messaging and go. It's easy to turn your email outreach on and off at the flip of the switch and is fully customizable to you and your business. Their customer service is also amazing.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to the number of contacts you can reach per day, which can get in the way, but the way it was explained to me is that this is to our benefit. By limiting the number of emails, your emails have a lower chance to be marked as spam.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, compared to Reply's competitors, I highly recommend using this platform. Their customer service is also excellent.

Being in sales, it's my responsibility to always be prospecting and outreaching to these new prospects. In the past, I was creating new emails for every new prospects and taking the time to customize the email for each contact and company. Reply has saved me hours of time by doing all this for me.

Reply review by Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

"Great resource for startup company!"

What do you like best?

Great user interface, easy to use! I was able to create all the templates and emails with ease so I can come back and create things in a fraction of the time it used to take me. Our company also loves the automatic email timetables for campaigns. The analytics are very helpful in tracking what campaigns are successful, along with what wording works better for getting clients to open emails.

What do you dislike?

Some features are a little hard to find and seem a little hidden. Finding limits unexpectedly has also stalled some business at points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great user interface and customer service team is very helpful and responsive!

Sending automated messages to our clients and making our end process a one button click instead of having to track down and calculate hundreds of emails on a timetable.

Reply review by User in Computer Software

"Easiest to Implement Outbound Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is an extremely straightforward and easy to use platform and manages all of your data very well. I don't have to worry about someone getting in multiple campaigns nor do I have to worry about people who are out of office or unsubscribing. From an sales ops point of view, Reply just works.

What do you dislike?

Reply.io is pretty difficult to navigate when you have many campaigns. You have to scroll through them all and sometimes it takes a very long time for the page to load everything. I've had to refresh the page multiple times to get it to open. I experiences this for two years as a Reply customer. They have an archive campaign button but then the campaign is locked and I can't go back in and look at anything, not the data, and not the email copy.

Outbound automation for sales outreach.

Reply review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Solid platform for Drip Campaigns"

What do you like best?

I love the team feature and shared templates. We do well over 1000 drip emails monthly that I manage for my team. This is one of the only platforms that integrated well with our stack, we used yesware mail merge previously and found the features to be lacking in comparison.

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing I dislike is I wish we could utilize the email tracking on non-drip campaigns. This would allow us to get rid of secondary software solutions we have to use for that feature currently.

Reply's allowing us to trigger drip campaigns based on actions taking place in our crm (pipedrive). We use zapier to manage the triggers and actions.

Reply review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Great basic email software, very easy to use."

What do you like best?

I love that they integrate with zapier so that I can seemlessly set up automation integration across all of my business platforms. The support has been great as well.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you basically cannot edit a drip campaign once one person has been through the campaign. This makes it very hard to adjust drip campaigns along with the every day changes of a business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for a simple business email solution that allows you to integrate all of your business platforms without all of the extra bells and whistles.

Rreply has helped us cultivate our leads and increase conversions.

Reply review by User in Internet

"Combination of extensive features set and user-friendly interface"

What do you like best?

The team behind Reply seem to have a clear product vision and a good understanding of customer needs. Reply combines an extensive features set with a very user-friendly and intuitive interface. It has native integrations with popular CRM products and additional integrations via Zapier. And of course there is an API. Documentation is well written and can be understood by newbees. Support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Reply is continuously improving. As a consequence users sometimes have to deal with minor bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the cheapest product available Reply might not be the right fit for your organization. However, if you are looking for ease of use and reports/statistics that can be understood by any organization member Reply is a very good choice.

We are using Reply for outreach to small business owners, copywriters, and content marketers - our target audience. Reply helps us to be personal and efficient.

Reply review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Really helped take our lead gen to the next level"

What do you like best?

The ease of use - it was really easy for us to get started. Turned our ad hoc outreach into a machine in under a week. We also particularly like that we can adapt the campaigns on the move - it something is working there is no need to turn off, just edit and pivot

What do you dislike?

The site can be a little bit slow at times and need to wait or refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really useful if you have a few sales people. If you have a really large team and are looking to integrate with Salesforce it may be a little bit more tricky since it isn't easy to transition contacts from one user to another. Also really important to have a clear process of loading's leads. We recommend Salesforce to Reply then link back to Salesforce.

Needed to solve two problems 1) develop an efficient outreach strategy with a small team and 2) be able to clearly track success to determine what is most effective. This helped solve both. It also had the added benefit of being integrated with Salesforce which was a critical feature for us.

Reply review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"Fantastic experience"

What do you like best?

Reply has been utterly essential to my business development success. Not only can I track everything - all of my activity and contacts - but I can see how various campaigns performed.

This allows me to refine future outreach programs to specific groups of my targeted demo.

What do you dislike?

I only have minor complaints that include user interface issues like searching/ sorting of existing contacts. This function can be somewhat cumbersome and repetitive - though user error should be acknowledged.

I've been able to leverage my reach - maximizing the one-to-many approach. Traditional email campaigns are easily identified as "spam" or "mass emails." However, Reply is different. I've been getting open rates in excess of 40% and replies in excess of 15-20%. These stats are unheard of in traditional services.

Reply review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for all types of sales communications"

What do you like best?

My two favorite features are the drip functionality, which allows you to send follow up emails in case there's no reply, and the reply tagging functionality which is scary accurate (seems their using ML classifiers for this) and tags replies as 'Interested' or not.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the product is great all around!

I've used Reply for everything from mass drip sales campaigns to automating email correspondence that I'll send to only 10 or 15 people each month, but ends up being cumbersome to do manually every time (like post demo emails and follow ups). Pretty much replaced manual emailing with Reply for any sort of email that has a similar message, goes out to more than 5 people and requires following up after a few days.

Reply review by Fred R.
Fred R.

"Great partner to work with"

What do you like best?

After trying a few other competitive marketing email automation tools we found Reply.io through a recommendation of our lead generation research team in India. We couldn't be happier with their service as I've had some direct conversations with their team on their roadmap and how they can help address our challenges. Their customer support did a tremendous job in tracking an issue that we had with the software and followed up immediately after it was resolved. Overall there are a lot of vendors to choose from in this space, but we wanted someone that would help us as we grow and do a great job of addressing our concerns in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Initially there were two challenges we had, the first being a lack of a tighter integration with salesforce.com, but their most recent release had greatly improved how the work with sf.com and addressed most of these challenges. The other challenge we have is that we use Outlook and their solution runs as a separate web app, not directly integrated through Outlook. After using their tool, we find this as a minor inconvenience and are comfortable with using their platform. We are also somewhat challenged with our Millennial workforce needing to work on Macs - and nothing seems to integrate or work well with Outlook for Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will be impressed by the ease of use and their level of service!

We've use Reply.io for our core sales operations and also used it extensively for running our funding campaign towards Series A. In all cases it has been extremely effective in increase our staff productivity as well as allowing us to shift email campaign strategies as we learn from our success rates of different approaches.

Reply review by Erin R.
Erin R.

"Reply customer service is amazing!"

What do you like best?

Reply has been very easy to use and helps our company meet our mass emailing goals that other applications couldn't. I like how intuitive it is in categorizing email responses for me and reporting the stats for my weekly sales reports. Reply customer service is amazing! Any questions I had when first setting up our account were answered immediately. They did whatever it took (Skype, screen share, etc...) to walk me through getting our email accounts set up and synced.

What do you dislike?

Two things I dislike are: 1. I can't mark someone as "Replied" manually if they did not receive an email through Reply. I have to mark them as "Opted Out" if they call us directly or contact us through our website. and 2. I wish there were more formatting options for the email templates. I have to find a work around copy and paste to get the bullets on there or else I'd have to use asterisks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend giving Reply a try to see if it meets your needs. It did for our company!

We weren't able to send the number of emails per day that we wanted in our previous email program. We need to reach large numbers of people during certain time frames and we are able to do that with Reply.

Reply review by Garrett F.
Garrett F.

"Email automation made simple"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is is very easy to set up and get your first campaign going. All you have to do is set up your email address for sending emails through reply, set up your first campaign, and then add people to that campaign.

Additionally, their support has always been extremely helpful with any issues or questions that I've had.

What do you dislike?

I had some trouble setting up my Gmail account to send from my reply account. The problem was resolved quickly by support but it wasn't as easy as it's made out to be. Once the email is set up you'll never encounter any problems again.

The email campaign reports could also use some work. They give you basic numbers like open rates, reply rates, etc. but I'd love for it to have built-in link tracking as well.

You still need to add your own contacts which can either be done through lead generation software or manual lead gathering. That's a completely different problem than what Reply solves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to be willing to build or buy a contact list for Reply to work. The features it offers are great but you can't take full advantage of them without having a contact list to send emails at critical mass to.

Reply.io saves me at least 10 hours a week because of the automation. I love being able to create a handful of templates, add them all to a campaign for A/B testing, add people to the campaign, and then watch the campaign data compile.

I've been able to test lot's of email campaigns and refine them to increase my open and reply rates over time. If you're willing to test lots of templates Reply can increase your cold email success.

Reply review by Jim G.
Jim G.

"Nice design helps make it nice to use"

What do you like best?

We use replyapp for connecting our products with relevant businesses who we think we can help.

In general it's a nice polished app, that's fairly easy to use.

The Zapier integration is handy, albeit missing a couple options that similar tools have developed.

The composing emails section is nicely done. It feels like you're writing an actual email which helps.

The campaign stats are useful, as are the a/b tests, although these are thrown by non-matched auto-replies (unless you do a fairly complex set of actions). The campaign on/off sliders and colorful stats charts make what can be quite a grey subject into quite a nice experience.

One major plus is the ability to send from multiple email accounts, and the easy connection with email accounts that send via one service (like mailgun) and receive via another (like gsuite email).

Another major plus is the responsive support crew. Reply uses intercom so you can see who's available and when you're likely to get a reply. The clarity in that is excellent.

What do you dislike?

There's a few niggles which combine to be distracting.

Reply doesn't track replies from forwarded emails, or rather, it half-tracks them. The reply shows up in the original contact thread, but not in the campaign inbox or stats. Workable by cross-referencing the inbox it's connected to, to catch the otherwise missed replies.

Dealing with un-matched auto-replies is a bit more effort than it should be, as is blacklisting domains where someone replies negatively. (It's about a 4-step process on 2 tabs). Basically your campaign stats will be incorrect without some guesswork and clicks.

The design in general is excellent, with 2 minor exceptions. The replied-email thread design is a bit too minimal, and it's also hard to blacklist a contact from in the same section.

There's some weirdness that takes a little muscle memory to resolve, like searching for a contact, performing an action, then searching again - won't work without a page refresh midway.

The way that emails are categorized is a bit too hidden; if this was more customizable with text to search for and match, and the actions to take, it'd be much clearer.

When importing contacts via csv, this is less easy than competing tools. You need to match columns to reply fields for every import, even if you're using the same format, and even for 'obvious' ones (Eg. column labeled 'email'). This makes it more effort than it should be to import your own contacts. There's some more design weirdness here, you can only import contacts via csv to the 'god view', but not into specific campaign contacts.

The a/b testing is nice, it could be improved with auto-choosing the winner after a set number of wins.

The pages are a bit slow to load, you're quite often watching the spinning wheel. As it's missing a few chances for 1-click actions (e.g. blacklisting from inside the inbox message), you do need to see the spinning wheel quite a bit.

These are all pretty minor though - in general it's an excellent product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for a mini live test campaign and check that the various niggles aren't annoying enough for you!

We're trying to let businesses, that haven't heard from us, find out about our work and how we can help.

Reply does make this easier, and really helps get into a conversation with those potential customers.

Reply review by Christian H.
Christian H.

"The ultimate sales co-pilot"

What do you like best?

Reply provides a user friendly platform to properly qualify and re-qualify prospects and marketing qualified leads.

It really is a co-pilot to my sales success by giving me more time back to speak with my customers and less time managing emails.

In a nutshell Reply allows for the consistent, measurable and repeatable emails to potential customers over a period of time, maximizing the number of connections that can be made every day.

This allows me to step in and continue the conversation when there is a real opportunity or know when a leads has gone cold and stop pursuing that avenue.

What do you dislike?

Initially there has been some growing pains for reply and maybe 12 months ago I still wasn't quite confident with running larger campaigns without getting flooded by emails bounces and automated responses.

That has largely been fixed through the dedicated support of the Reply team.

There is still some improvements to be made with the Salesforce sync process, including better reporting of what has been synced.

Another issue is the lack of documentation, initially learning to use the platform was trial and error though the documentation has improved and the support team a very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have deployed LinkedIn Sales Navigator and want to maximize your investment or have hundreds of marketing leads you want qualified by sales, this is the tool for you.

I had to qualify a huge number of marketing qualified leads in a way that didn't cross over to my own prospecting.

Reply has help me to create a process that quickly identifies who I should be talking to in a way where I can measure the effectiveness of my messaging while tracking who I am communicating with to.

Since using Reply effectively, I have quickly developed a huge number of opportunities from a stale leads list while also getting the most value out of Linkedin Sales Navigator.

Reply review by Joanna M.
Joanna M.

"Great experience so far"

What do you like best?

Great platform that allows me to automate my email communication, keeping it on a personal level. I have been using it for over a month now, running three different campaigns and I'm very happy so far. The customer service is doing an amazing job too and have been answering all of my questions throughout.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that sometimes the system doesn't pick up that a contact has emailed me back and would send a follow-up email to them in the next step. It happens rarely though.

Saves me tons of time and allows me to speed up prospecting.

Reply review by Pascal F.
Pascal F.

"Great for automating follow-ups"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is clearly the best sales automation software for the buck out there. Bounce rates are low, and they let you know if you work with sub-optimal email lists. KPI tracking is straightforward and easy to comprehend, even for users with limited email marketing experience.

What do you dislike?

Activating the account was quite a hassle -- that said, the support chat was prompt and very helpful.

I actually conduct media relations for a marketing agency, so I am facing some different issues than most of the other users of reply.io. I use the software to follow up with journalists I have previously contacted about writing about our clients. It's a giant time-saver, and it allows me to focus more time on other tasks.

Reply review by Chris (Sang Wook) P.
Chris (Sang Wook) P.

"Always Improving - Great, Simple Interface"

What do you like best?

No matter how successful or widely-used a sales software is, there's always minor issues/questions that inevitably come up that we need answers to right away.

Reply's team has been nothing but super-responsive on anything that I casually want to ask about. Hands down the best responsiveness I've seen across a handful of other sales software we use here.

There's always something new. Whether it's a new design, streamlining of previously convoluted processes, the team's always iterating on new useful features that makes it exciting to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Just can't wait for some of the features I've requested to come live (e.g., precise ETA on when each campaign goes out)! :)

Being able to send customized mass emails and keep track of them in a way that's efficient.

Huge increase in # of such emails sent per day.

Reply review by Shreesh N.
Shreesh N.

"Simple and elegant tool for cold email outreach"

What do you like best?

Customer success and support. Reply's team is extremely responsive and is fully invested in making sure my cold email campaigns are on track. I also enjoy the minimalism of their dashboard, it's very intuitive and a great place to start, especially for those new to cold email outreach.

What do you dislike?

I think there is always a tradeoff between simplicity and functionality. The cold email outreach lifecycle begins with lead identification and sourcing post persona creation, testing them in different campaigns, and then keeping measuring responses to inform future cycles. Although Reply captures several of these individual steps, I think they can integrate it all more seamlessly. Probably in their development pipeline though.

Efficient and measurable lead generation. Plain and simple.

Reply review by Dave A.
Dave A.

"Great Product - excellent service"

What do you like best?

Thankfully it was relatively easy to set up, learn it and use it. The customer service from the 3 people I have worked with has been fantastic. the online chat people are prompt and helpful too.

What do you dislike?

Have not really come across anything that I don't like. So far everything works great. And I am able to figure things out on my own fairly easily.

Having to send out individual emails but a lot of them is impossible. Reply has solved that for us with the campaign set up and slow drip of email to potential clients

Reply review by Mi'chael "Kell" G.
Mi'chael "Kell" G.

"First timer doing e-mail marketing"

What do you like best?

One thing I asked their Sales Manager was “how easy are the functions to new believers of e-mail cadence tools?”. He was totally correct. The user experience is super smooth.

What do you dislike?

By the functions being super easy, and smooth to use, they also become really rigid as well. It would be dope if I had more freedom with how the functions function. And by them growing quickly, the system glitches from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider reply for the value you get for you bucks!

We are striving to grow our client database. Reply helps us market to our market in a specific way. Since June, introspectively, we have found out more processes that do and does not work for our team.

Reply review by Evan P.
Evan P.

"Save time, gain results"

What do you like best?

FINALLY - an outreach service that is simple, customizable and effective. I've been using Reply for a few months and have been able to build amazing campaigns to help me reach my target buyer. Everything is easy, well organized and super user-friendly. As someone in sales, Reply.io

What do you dislike?

Wish it was easier to schedule each step of the campaign. It's a little difficult to navigate the scheduling of outreach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go!

Reply.io has helped me grow my pipeline and close clients in a very difficult industry (sports).

Reply review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Reply.io is 10/10"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is amazing and rock solid - but it's the support that they offer which takes it to a different level. If I have a question or there is something I don't understand the support team is always there and answers within minutes. The Support Team is super knowledgeable about the product. A great experience all round.

What do you dislike?

It's rare to find a product that you don't fault at least small faults with but in this case the product does exactly what it says and I have no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reply.io gives you everything you need to be successful - but don't expect it to perform miracles if you haven't done the necessary leg work yourself. Try it for yourself and give yourself some time to get used to the system and I have no doubt you will be happy with it.

I use Reply.io for B2B lead generation. I have found that when used correctly it is highly effective and the monthly fee is really a small price to pay for what you can get out of it.

Reply review by Denys B.
Denys B.

"Great experience!"

What do you like best?

Best user experience. I like responsive and user friendly interface. I was never use such service before and it was easy to me in 5 minutes run campaing for 500 journalists. I get first results in first day and more results I saw after second email follow up in 3 days.

I like support team (quick and nice)

What do you dislike?

I want to upload profile photo more then 2MB.

I want Send Test Mail button more bigger (I didn't find it in first time)

I want to be sure (any label) that there is no dublicates email address in my campaign mail list.

Some of my letters were not delivered (as email was wrong). I want Reply to put such email in my black list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love it)

I send press-release of new projects to 500 journalists

Reply review by Enrico S.
Enrico S.

"Easy to use but supported 100% of the way"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and get going, syncs with my major databases which makes for easy reach out and tracking both on personal level but great for business insight to. Im not the most technical so relied on support to give me a nudge and they were very responsive and extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of features that I may not be leveraging to their full potential. I'd love to be able to track when an email is forwarded on and to whom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool thats easy to set up and get started with then reply.io is for you. If you're looking for personalisation on a large scale then reply.io is for you. If your looking for a tool that will support your sales team both on a hints and tips for your outreach programme but also on technical admin so you don't need that skill set in-house then again reply.io is for you.

I can easily personalise a message and send it to a specific group of people across multiple industries at the touch of a few clicks. This is pivotal for a small yet rapidly expanding business to continue that growth in the right way and the tracking allows me to stay personal.

Learning about Reply?

* We monitor all Reply reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.