Sales automation software that puts your outreach on autopilot, while still making each communication personal.

Work for Reply?

Learning about Reply?

Reply Reviews

Ask Reply a Question
Showing 186 Reply reviews
Reply review by <span>Josh E.</span>
Josh E.

"Automate the grunt work"

What do you like best?

The control and configurability of multiple messages, timing them, A/B versions and seeing what works with their analytics.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget to slide the campaign to "on" and think I've completed my steps, it would be nice if it were labled "go" because sometimes I don't realize where I'm at in my setup and need things to be labeled as steps so I know what I have to do and go on to the next step. I know it may sound like dumbing it down but I jump around and it would be nice to see step buttons greyed out if already completed and green or highlighted for ones I need to work on before launching my campaign. I'm being very picky though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've never seen anything like this or known it existed to automate sending so many emails. No more copying and pasting names/business names into emails that you don't know whos opening, etc.

Automating the monotanous task of sending cold emails to get the word out. No more copying and pasting company name and contact names. I can send 10x the amount of emails I normally would manually if not more.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Reply
Reply review by <span>Steve A.</span>
Steve A.

"Customer Support Makes the Difference"

What do you like best?

We found 3 - 4 good options but ultimately chose Reply because of their customer support. A few months in to using the tool and customer support remains the most used feature of the tool (e.g., my campaign is doing something weird help and 30 seconds later someone is helping).

Also, I really like being able to add attachments directly (not just as a link) to subsequent emails.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features I can imagine that are missing. For example, I'd like to manually start an email pattern and have Reply take over after my initial email. You can more or less do it, but it could be easier.

I also dislike that once I add a new A/B format to one of my steps in a campaign, I cannot delete the new format if it is performing poorly. The (recommended) solution is to just edit the format to match a better performing A/B alternative, which screws with the stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

New features have been added even in just the short time we've been using that suggest a great understanding of what a tool like Reply should do. They also have amazing customer support to help you get the most out of the tool.

We're a very small sales team. Reply allows me to focus on finding new prospects and automate the follow up process.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Reply review by <span>Jolijt T.</span>
Jolijt T.

"Great software for a growing company"

What do you like best?

Reply makes following up so easy. We put together our pitch list, write up the emails and hit go. Replies hit my inbox and I can spend my time fielding qualified leads. Really any company that needs to pitch more than 10 people on anything - potential customers, investors, vendors, partners, press etc - (so every company) should be using Reply.

What do you dislike?

It's a little buggy and clunky to use. Sometimes it won't show you the preview or let you edit the emails. This is usually solved by logging out and logging back in. So it's not a fatal bug by any means. Just a little annoying.

We're a lean startup trying to keep our sales team small but efficient. We use Reply to pitch potential clients and follow up at a rate that we could otherwise not hit.

Reply review by <span>Alex P.</span>
Alex P.

"Easy to use, get's the job done."

What do you like best?

I would definitely say the ease of use with Reply. I can quickly set up my email campaigns, schedule a time for it to get sent out and Reply does the rest.

What do you dislike?

Reply has been great ever since I've been using it. I would say there's nothing about their platform that I dislike. The support is easy to reach and has always been helpful too so that's great as compared to other companies. You have a question, you easily pop into Reply and ask a question to one of the reps that's online at the time.

Definitely would be the fact that it helps with my email marketing campaigns. They have made it so easy to use that sending the right emails and on time has made life bliss knowing my users are getting their mail.

Reply review by <span>Krista B.</span>
Krista B.

"Great for Sales Teams"

What do you like best?

I like how you can easily add multiple email accounts and campaigns. It is also very easy to add "steps" or even add steps later in your campaign. I also like how we can have our developer hook up the API and make things more automated, or the sales team can easily go in create their own campaigns and drop in their prospect list.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that becomes really annoying is when campaigns pause because you hit a sending limit. I think this is because there are many 'settings' that conflict. You have settings on both the email account that you added and limitation settings on the campaign itself.

Reply review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Very easy to get started - A must for a small sales force"

What do you like best?

Reply is perfect for a small salesforce. If you have 2-3 salespeople and you don't want the training, upkeep and cost of Salesforce.com.. Reply is a great alternative for your organization. It's simple interface, 5 minute setup and helpful prompts make it very easy for an active salesperson to get in and get out while still never missing a beat with his/her prospects.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to figure out how many emails I could send out. Because I was comparing Reply to services like Constant Contact. Then I figured out that Reply actually IS your Google Inbox. Emails are coming from you@yourdomain.com and not some dumb constantcontact.com address that gets blocked by everyone's spam filters. Once I figured that out, I was OK with only sending a few hundred emails a day out of my Inbox. My interactions with clients now are more natural, and it appears very real and authentic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, decide if you are Sales or Marketing. Reply should be used by the Sales person in your organization, not the Marketing person. Marketing people are there to work the top of the funnel, and get people "sales ready". Reply is made specifically to help those sales people who have sales ready leads, and need to close them.

You know, it took me a few days to find this feature in Gmail. When I loaded the Reply Chrome Extension, it added this bar at the bottom of the screen. I recently found that I could click and bring up all of my email templates. Now, when someone asks me a very common question or fills out a lead form on my website, I copy their email address into the clipboard, open a new email, drop in a template I've used before and I know works, and then paste their email and hit send. Super easy. Now I keep track of the emails that work (and result in YESes) and the ones that don't.

Reply review by <span>Tiffany R.</span>
Tiffany R.

"Easy to get started"

What do you like best?

The layout is simple, clean, easy to navigate. If you are new to email campaigns (and I was) its pretty easy to get started. If I get stuck on a step, I can chat with a product expert right from that screen. I have also found the email verification to be pretty accurate. Even though I use other sights to help gather contact information, I've learned that if Reply says its :not a valid email" its usually right! I would really like to have an integration to LinkedIn Sales Navigator to more quickly import information.

What do you dislike?

I find it confusing to know which features I should leverage inside Reply.io and which ones I should use in my CRM. For example, why would I use the "Tasks" feature in Reply vs. my CRM. What additional value does it bring me? I'm a 1 person shop so I don't have a lot of free time to investigate features. I need to get going quickly.

2 main benefits: making contact with new clients; quick visibility into who's really reading my mail.

Reply review by <span>Matthew C.</span>
Matthew C.

"Reply.io is super helpful"

What do you like best?

I liked that I could spend more of my time crafting a good email once, and tailoring it for a larger group. I also liked that I could view the emails before I sent them and make small alterations or personalizations. It was helpful that they were all in one window.

What do you dislike?

It was pretty unclear how many emails I could send and when they would begin to be sent. I was running a Kickstarter project, so it was important that the emails went out exactly when I wanted, which was made difficult (and unexpectedly stressful) with this. Also the email sending limits were annoying, but I think that was a Google thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test your campaigns before you send them out. Like a lot. Because the last thing you want is for something unexpected to happen when you are launching a new product or making an announcement.

I used Reply.io for the mailing list of my Kickstarter project and sending personalized emails to different sub groups within the mailing list. This saved me a ton of very valuable time.

Reply review by <span>Raquel C.</span>
Raquel C.

"Great platform but a lot to improve "

What do you like best?

Overall, Reply is a very good system of campaign organization. I like that I have everything to measure my results in one place. I can organize my contacts, format my campaign which will go out looking like I'm sending directly from my email, and it offers very comprehensive stats. Managing all the users and compare them as a team gives us a really good insight as well.

What do you dislike?

It took us a while to really get it ready, there's a lot of layers and settings before a message can go out. We had a few issues at the beginning of using Reply because the campaign would be sent before the set schedule. After a few attempts, the issue was solved. Customer service can be tricky, although I only have good things to say about our contact people. It makes a difference, though, to have direct chat if there's any question from our end, Reply team is always very responsive :) It's a complex system to change lists in the same campaign. Too many steps of back and forth to set a campaign. I also don't like that when I export stats, it just gives me general data of the entire campaign. I would love to have more specific data exported for reporting.

We can keep track of prospective clients and organize or CRM through it, which improves a lot our workflow. We can send different steps and just wait for the results after a few days, instead of always checking inaccurate stats form different systems.

Reply review by <span>Jake H.</span>
Jake H.

"Cold email marketing on autopilot, deceptive pricing."

What do you like best?

As someone who's done a great deal of cold email outreach campaigns on a plethora of platforms, Reply.io's modern and slick UI is it's biggest asset. That, alongside the many settings that are given enable marketers to leave nothing up to chance. Everything can be tested (with their native A/B testing tool) and improved upon.

Also, the continous improvements from the developers are great to see. I've been using it for roughly 4-months, and have seen 3 major updates and feature implementations... really good to know these guys have a product roadmap planned out!

What do you dislike?

Tread carefully - pricing is not as it seems. You are limited to 3 email accounts, with $20 added per email account per month afterwords. This is not mentioned on the pricing page, now the terms and conditions. The unlimited tier is NOT unlimited.

Sometimes the site loads very slowly, or clicking on a certain tab/button will not work. This is likely a Chrome Desktop issue, though, since the site loads and works just fine on my mobile (iPhone 6s).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research.

Reply is a fantastic tool, but it might not be the right one for your campaign or budget. Always do your diligence before purchasing software. These guys have pretty fantastic livechat support embedded into the site, so getting a hold of someone shouldn't bee too tough.

-Automated outreach

-Personalization

-AB testing

-Email validation

-Reports, metrics, and dashboards.

Reply is NOT the only tool that does email automation, but I've used quite a few and I can tell you this is the best and cheapest email tool in it's class.

Reply review by <span>Bryan M.</span>
Bryan M.

"Make Your Sales Outreach Easier"

What do you like best?

Reply does all the grunt work you don't have the time or bandwidth to do. Find the contacts you're interested in contacting, create your messaging and go. It's easy to turn your email outreach on and off at the flip of the switch and is fully customizable to you and your business. Their customer service is also amazing.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to the number of contacts you can reach per day, which can get in the way, but the way it was explained to me is that this is to our benefit. By limiting the number of emails, your emails have a lower chance to be marked as spam.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, compared to Reply's competitors, I highly recommend using this platform. Their customer service is also excellent.

Being in sales, it's my responsibility to always be prospecting and outreaching to these new prospects. In the past, I was creating new emails for every new prospects and taking the time to customize the email for each contact and company. Reply has saved me hours of time by doing all this for me.

Reply review by <span>Zee G.</span>
Zee G.

"Great tool for following up your leads"

What do you like best?

I enjoy reply.io for follow up emails and chains because it is very user-friendly and straightforward. There are convenient templates which you can create for yourself as well as share with your team members and everyone can be on the same page in terms of consistency (after all, it's important to send emails that are formatted the same way and for new people who join your company it simplifies the integration into the processes.)

What do you dislike?

The email design isn't too sophisticated, but it does what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for those who are looking for a convenient tool to set up automation for email follow-ups. We have several email chains set up and the open rate is much higher than that in the MailChimp for the similar emails.

If you would like to customize your emails with various pictures and everything, Reply isn't really your thing, but if you want plain text with minimal customization that would feel as if you have sent the email yourself - then go for Reply.

Reply is perfect when you want to follow up your lead and don't want to get lost in the spam or "Promotions."

Reply review by <span>Jennifer H.</span>
Jennifer H.

"Great resource for startup company!"

What do you like best?

Great user interface, easy to use! I was able to create all the templates and emails with ease so I can come back and create things in a fraction of the time it used to take me. Our company also loves the automatic email timetables for campaigns. The analytics are very helpful in tracking what campaigns are successful, along with what wording works better for getting clients to open emails.

What do you dislike?

Some features are a little hard to find and seem a little hidden. Finding limits unexpectedly has also stalled some business at points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great user interface and customer service team is very helpful and responsive!

Sending automated messages to our clients and making our end process a one button click instead of having to track down and calculate hundreds of emails on a timetable.

Reply review by <span>Phil C.</span>
Phil C.

"Unbelievably fast and easy-to-use service for e-mail blasts of all shapes and sizes"

What do you like best?

Reply makes my life easier, especially when it comes to contacting attendees for trade shows before/during/after the events. During busy seasons, we have 4 shows a month and Reply makes e-mail marketing a breeze. I upload the full attendee list, set the messaging, frequency, how to handle replies, etc., and Reply does the rest of the work. Best of all it integrates beautifully with Gmail, so that all messages to/from my Reply blasts come straight into my Inbox!

What do you dislike?

Every now and again, there are some issues with "People" lists being uploaded. Sometimes I find myself having to upload the same list 3 or 4 times before the full list appears in the campaign. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, but it's the only negative I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having never used any other email automation tool, I can't say how it relates functionally... but for the price, I'm not sure there's a better or easier to use option out there.

Without Reply, I was manually sending e-mails to a subset of lists. I was doing manual e-mail blasts! It was brutal and took a lot of time. Reply makes it possible for me to load a full list into its system, compose the messaging, and like the Ron Popeil Rotisserie Oven, "Set it and Forget It!"

Reply review by User in Internet

"Combination of extensive features set and user-friendly interface"

What do you like best?

The team behind Reply seem to have a clear product vision and a good understanding of customer needs. Reply combines an extensive features set with a very user-friendly and intuitive interface. It has native integrations with popular CRM products and additional integrations via Zapier. And of course there is an API. Documentation is well written and can be understood by newbees. Support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Reply is continuously improving. As a consequence users sometimes have to deal with minor bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the cheapest product available Reply might not be the right fit for your organization. However, if you are looking for ease of use and reports/statistics that can be understood by any organization member Reply is a very good choice.

We are using Reply for outreach to small business owners, copywriters, and content marketers - our target audience. Reply helps us to be personal and efficient.

Reply review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Really helped take our lead gen to the next level"

What do you like best?

The ease of use - it was really easy for us to get started. Turned our ad hoc outreach into a machine in under a week. We also particularly like that we can adapt the campaigns on the move - it something is working there is no need to turn off, just edit and pivot

What do you dislike?

The site can be a little bit slow at times and need to wait or refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really useful if you have a few sales people. If you have a really large team and are looking to integrate with Salesforce it may be a little bit more tricky since it isn't easy to transition contacts from one user to another. Also really important to have a clear process of loading's leads. We recommend Salesforce to Reply then link back to Salesforce.

Needed to solve two problems 1) develop an efficient outreach strategy with a small team and 2) be able to clearly track success to determine what is most effective. This helped solve both. It also had the added benefit of being integrated with Salesforce which was a critical feature for us.

Reply review by <span>Andrew W.</span>
Andrew W.

"Fantastic experience"

What do you like best?

Reply has been utterly essential to my business development success. Not only can I track everything - all of my activity and contacts - but I can see how various campaigns performed.

This allows me to refine future outreach programs to specific groups of my targeted demo.

What do you dislike?

I only have minor complaints that include user interface issues like searching/ sorting of existing contacts. This function can be somewhat cumbersome and repetitive - though user error should be acknowledged.

I've been able to leverage my reach - maximizing the one-to-many approach. Traditional email campaigns are easily identified as "spam" or "mass emails." However, Reply is different. I've been getting open rates in excess of 40% and replies in excess of 15-20%. These stats are unheard of in traditional services.

Reply review by <span>Fred R.</span>
Fred R.

"Great partner to work with"

What do you like best?

After trying a few other competitive marketing email automation tools we found Reply.io through a recommendation of our lead generation research team in India. We couldn't be happier with their service as I've had some direct conversations with their team on their roadmap and how they can help address our challenges. Their customer support did a tremendous job in tracking an issue that we had with the software and followed up immediately after it was resolved. Overall there are a lot of vendors to choose from in this space, but we wanted someone that would help us as we grow and do a great job of addressing our concerns in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Initially there were two challenges we had, the first being a lack of a tighter integration with salesforce.com, but their most recent release had greatly improved how the work with sf.com and addressed most of these challenges. The other challenge we have is that we use Outlook and their solution runs as a separate web app, not directly integrated through Outlook. After using their tool, we find this as a minor inconvenience and are comfortable with using their platform. We are also somewhat challenged with our Millennial workforce needing to work on Macs - and nothing seems to integrate or work well with Outlook for Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will be impressed by the ease of use and their level of service!

We've use Reply.io for our core sales operations and also used it extensively for running our funding campaign towards Series A. In all cases it has been extremely effective in increase our staff productivity as well as allowing us to shift email campaign strategies as we learn from our success rates of different approaches.

Reply review by <span>Erin R.</span>
Erin R.

"Reply customer service is amazing!"

What do you like best?

Reply has been very easy to use and helps our company meet our mass emailing goals that other applications couldn't. I like how intuitive it is in categorizing email responses for me and reporting the stats for my weekly sales reports. Reply customer service is amazing! Any questions I had when first setting up our account were answered immediately. They did whatever it took (Skype, screen share, etc...) to walk me through getting our email accounts set up and synced.

What do you dislike?

Two things I dislike are: 1. I can't mark someone as "Replied" manually if they did not receive an email through Reply. I have to mark them as "Opted Out" if they call us directly or contact us through our website. and 2. I wish there were more formatting options for the email templates. I have to find a work around copy and paste to get the bullets on there or else I'd have to use asterisks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend giving Reply a try to see if it meets your needs. It did for our company!

We weren't able to send the number of emails per day that we wanted in our previous email program. We need to reach large numbers of people during certain time frames and we are able to do that with Reply.

Reply review by <span>Garrett F.</span>
Garrett F.

"Email automation made simple"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is is very easy to set up and get your first campaign going. All you have to do is set up your email address for sending emails through reply, set up your first campaign, and then add people to that campaign.

Additionally, their support has always been extremely helpful with any issues or questions that I've had.

What do you dislike?

I had some trouble setting up my Gmail account to send from my reply account. The problem was resolved quickly by support but it wasn't as easy as it's made out to be. Once the email is set up you'll never encounter any problems again.

The email campaign reports could also use some work. They give you basic numbers like open rates, reply rates, etc. but I'd love for it to have built-in link tracking as well.

You still need to add your own contacts which can either be done through lead generation software or manual lead gathering. That's a completely different problem than what Reply solves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to be willing to build or buy a contact list for Reply to work. The features it offers are great but you can't take full advantage of them without having a contact list to send emails at critical mass to.

Reply.io saves me at least 10 hours a week because of the automation. I love being able to create a handful of templates, add them all to a campaign for A/B testing, add people to the campaign, and then watch the campaign data compile.

I've been able to test lot's of email campaigns and refine them to increase my open and reply rates over time. If you're willing to test lots of templates Reply can increase your cold email success.

Reply review by <span>Jim G.</span>
Jim G.

"Nice design helps make it nice to use"

What do you like best?

We use replyapp for connecting our products with relevant businesses who we think we can help.

In general it's a nice polished app, that's fairly easy to use.

The Zapier integration is handy, albeit missing a couple options that similar tools have developed.

The composing emails section is nicely done. It feels like you're writing an actual email which helps.

The campaign stats are useful, as are the a/b tests, although these are thrown by non-matched auto-replies (unless you do a fairly complex set of actions). The campaign on/off sliders and colorful stats charts make what can be quite a grey subject into quite a nice experience.

One major plus is the ability to send from multiple email accounts, and the easy connection with email accounts that send via one service (like mailgun) and receive via another (like gsuite email).

Another major plus is the responsive support crew. Reply uses intercom so you can see who's available and when you're likely to get a reply. The clarity in that is excellent.

What do you dislike?

There's a few niggles which combine to be distracting.

Reply doesn't track replies from forwarded emails, or rather, it half-tracks them. The reply shows up in the original contact thread, but not in the campaign inbox or stats. Workable by cross-referencing the inbox it's connected to, to catch the otherwise missed replies.

Dealing with un-matched auto-replies is a bit more effort than it should be, as is blacklisting domains where someone replies negatively. (It's about a 4-step process on 2 tabs). Basically your campaign stats will be incorrect without some guesswork and clicks.

The design in general is excellent, with 2 minor exceptions. The replied-email thread design is a bit too minimal, and it's also hard to blacklist a contact from in the same section.

There's some weirdness that takes a little muscle memory to resolve, like searching for a contact, performing an action, then searching again - won't work without a page refresh midway.

The way that emails are categorized is a bit too hidden; if this was more customizable with text to search for and match, and the actions to take, it'd be much clearer.

When importing contacts via csv, this is less easy than competing tools. You need to match columns to reply fields for every import, even if you're using the same format, and even for 'obvious' ones (Eg. column labeled 'email'). This makes it more effort than it should be to import your own contacts. There's some more design weirdness here, you can only import contacts via csv to the 'god view', but not into specific campaign contacts.

The a/b testing is nice, it could be improved with auto-choosing the winner after a set number of wins.

The pages are a bit slow to load, you're quite often watching the spinning wheel. As it's missing a few chances for 1-click actions (e.g. blacklisting from inside the inbox message), you do need to see the spinning wheel quite a bit.

These are all pretty minor though - in general it's an excellent product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for a mini live test campaign and check that the various niggles aren't annoying enough for you!

We're trying to let businesses, that haven't heard from us, find out about our work and how we can help.

Reply does make this easier, and really helps get into a conversation with those potential customers.

Reply review by <span>Christian H.</span>
Christian H.

"The ultimate sales co-pilot"

What do you like best?

Reply provides a user friendly platform to properly qualify and re-qualify prospects and marketing qualified leads.

It really is a co-pilot to my sales success by giving me more time back to speak with my customers and less time managing emails.

In a nutshell Reply allows for the consistent, measurable and repeatable emails to potential customers over a period of time, maximizing the number of connections that can be made every day.

This allows me to step in and continue the conversation when there is a real opportunity or know when a leads has gone cold and stop pursuing that avenue.

What do you dislike?

Initially there has been some growing pains for reply and maybe 12 months ago I still wasn't quite confident with running larger campaigns without getting flooded by emails bounces and automated responses.

That has largely been fixed through the dedicated support of the Reply team.

There is still some improvements to be made with the Salesforce sync process, including better reporting of what has been synced.

Another issue is the lack of documentation, initially learning to use the platform was trial and error though the documentation has improved and the support team a very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have deployed LinkedIn Sales Navigator and want to maximize your investment or have hundreds of marketing leads you want qualified by sales, this is the tool for you.

I had to qualify a huge number of marketing qualified leads in a way that didn't cross over to my own prospecting.

Reply has help me to create a process that quickly identifies who I should be talking to in a way where I can measure the effectiveness of my messaging while tracking who I am communicating with to.

Since using Reply effectively, I have quickly developed a huge number of opportunities from a stale leads list while also getting the most value out of Linkedin Sales Navigator.

Reply review by <span>Joanna M.</span>
Joanna M.

"Great experience so far"

What do you like best?

Great platform that allows me to automate my email communication, keeping it on a personal level. I have been using it for over a month now, running three different campaigns and I'm very happy so far. The customer service is doing an amazing job too and have been answering all of my questions throughout.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that sometimes the system doesn't pick up that a contact has emailed me back and would send a follow-up email to them in the next step. It happens rarely though.

Saves me tons of time and allows me to speed up prospecting.

Reply review by <span>Pascal F.</span>
Pascal F.

"Great for automating follow-ups"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is clearly the best sales automation software for the buck out there. Bounce rates are low, and they let you know if you work with sub-optimal email lists. KPI tracking is straightforward and easy to comprehend, even for users with limited email marketing experience.

What do you dislike?

Activating the account was quite a hassle -- that said, the support chat was prompt and very helpful.

I actually conduct media relations for a marketing agency, so I am facing some different issues than most of the other users of reply.io. I use the software to follow up with journalists I have previously contacted about writing about our clients. It's a giant time-saver, and it allows me to focus more time on other tasks.

Reply review by <span>Chris (Sang Wook) P.</span>
Chris (Sang Wook) P.

"Always Improving - Great, Simple Interface"

What do you like best?

No matter how successful or widely-used a sales software is, there's always minor issues/questions that inevitably come up that we need answers to right away.

Reply's team has been nothing but super-responsive on anything that I casually want to ask about. Hands down the best responsiveness I've seen across a handful of other sales software we use here.

There's always something new. Whether it's a new design, streamlining of previously convoluted processes, the team's always iterating on new useful features that makes it exciting to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Just can't wait for some of the features I've requested to come live (e.g., precise ETA on when each campaign goes out)! :)

Being able to send customized mass emails and keep track of them in a way that's efficient.

Huge increase in # of such emails sent per day.

Reply review by <span>Shreesh N.</span>
Shreesh N.

"Simple and elegant tool for cold email outreach"

What do you like best?

Customer success and support. Reply's team is extremely responsive and is fully invested in making sure my cold email campaigns are on track. I also enjoy the minimalism of their dashboard, it's very intuitive and a great place to start, especially for those new to cold email outreach.

What do you dislike?

I think there is always a tradeoff between simplicity and functionality. The cold email outreach lifecycle begins with lead identification and sourcing post persona creation, testing them in different campaigns, and then keeping measuring responses to inform future cycles. Although Reply captures several of these individual steps, I think they can integrate it all more seamlessly. Probably in their development pipeline though.

Efficient and measurable lead generation. Plain and simple.

Reply review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Reply.io is 10/10"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is amazing and rock solid - but it's the support that they offer which takes it to a different level. If I have a question or there is something I don't understand the support team is always there and answers within minutes. The Support Team is super knowledgeable about the product. A great experience all round.

What do you dislike?

It's rare to find a product that you don't fault at least small faults with but in this case the product does exactly what it says and I have no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reply.io gives you everything you need to be successful - but don't expect it to perform miracles if you haven't done the necessary leg work yourself. Try it for yourself and give yourself some time to get used to the system and I have no doubt you will be happy with it.

I use Reply.io for B2B lead generation. I have found that when used correctly it is highly effective and the monthly fee is really a small price to pay for what you can get out of it.

Reply review by <span>Denys B.</span>
Denys B.

"Great experience!"

What do you like best?

Best user experience. I like responsive and user friendly interface. I was never use such service before and it was easy to me in 5 minutes run campaing for 500 journalists. I get first results in first day and more results I saw after second email follow up in 3 days.

I like support team (quick and nice)

What do you dislike?

I want to upload profile photo more then 2MB.

I want Send Test Mail button more bigger (I didn't find it in first time)

I want to be sure (any label) that there is no dublicates email address in my campaign mail list.

Some of my letters were not delivered (as email was wrong). I want Reply to put such email in my black list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love it)

I send press-release of new projects to 500 journalists

Reply review by <span>Enrico S.</span>
Enrico S.

"Easy to use but supported 100% of the way"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and get going, syncs with my major databases which makes for easy reach out and tracking both on personal level but great for business insight to. Im not the most technical so relied on support to give me a nudge and they were very responsive and extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of features that I may not be leveraging to their full potential. I'd love to be able to track when an email is forwarded on and to whom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool thats easy to set up and get started with then reply.io is for you. If you're looking for personalisation on a large scale then reply.io is for you. If your looking for a tool that will support your sales team both on a hints and tips for your outreach programme but also on technical admin so you don't need that skill set in-house then again reply.io is for you.

I can easily personalise a message and send it to a specific group of people across multiple industries at the touch of a few clicks. This is pivotal for a small yet rapidly expanding business to continue that growth in the right way and the tracking allows me to stay personal.

Reply review by <span>John Y.</span>
John Y.

"Reply.io is a great tool, easy to use at an affordable rate"

What do you like best?

The easability of the platform and feature richness. There are a lot of cool features that cover most of what you are looking to do, outside of the actual contact/lead generation aspect. Very good for sales teams to use and easy to administrate.

What do you dislike?

It does not catch all replies sometimes so it ends up sending them another email which could be troublesome to the sales process and make you look bad. So need to be careful of this and double check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product and I would recommend it to anyone to use it.

Sales automation and outreach for lead generation. Reply has satisfied our requirements for this, and we have sent 100,000s of thousands of emails generating over 1000 leads. It has saved time greatly by automating manual tasks.

Reply review by <span>Chris K.</span>
Chris K.

"Reply.io is key to lead generation success"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, very responsive support team, affordable, integrates with a multitude of software platforms via the Zapier connection solution. I especially appreciate the follow up from the Reply.io support team.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more than 27 attributes, and we would like to see an integration with PieSync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are diligent about verifying email addresses before uploading, the key to your success is a "verified" list. I strongly recommend the integration with Nimble.com, will save you time with importing and exporting data.

We use Reply.io for our Sales Lead Automation program. Our clients are experiencing incredible open rates, and more importantly unbelievable conversions. With Reply.io we have a very high success rate of making it to the Inbox.

Reply review by User in Computer Software

"Automated Outbound Sales at Scale"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is one of my favorite tools to help automate our outbound sales activities. Their platform is easy to use, and importantly simple to integrate with Zapier which has opened up lots of opportunities to automated our inside sales activities.

Importantly, their in-app support is out of this world. When I have to use it, I normally get a reply within 30 seconds.

What do you dislike?

Overall its a very good platform, however its sometimes a little buggy, and can be slow at times. Additionally, their reporting is a bit limited and their in-built prospect finder is pretty rubbish and just a white-label of another solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best software I've found for automating your outbound sales activities. I'd recommend anyone to undertake a trial and give it a spin.

As a small SAAS provider, we're using reply.io to help us scale our outbound sales activities without having to hire an extra member of staff.

Reply review by <span>Louisy R.</span>
Louisy R.

"Great email automation platform"

What do you like best?

I used this platform to send out a drip campaign to generate qualified leads for some of our newer solutions. I really liked the ability to perform a/b testing while sending automated email based on client' actions. The platform also allowed us to keep the human element by sending the emails directly from the individual email accounts of our sales team while still having the ability to see (on the marketing side) the direct responses from our clients. The customer service is outstanding. You can really tell that they care about solving user issues and product improvements.

What do you dislike?

I've had some issues with the templates - copying them over and sharing them across campaigns, but this is not the main feature of the platform for and I have created workarounds to manage it.

Given our tight budget - I was looking for an affordable platform that allowed me to send out automated emails, directly from the mailboxes of my sales team, when I needed to. I didn't want to get caught up in an expensive long-term contract for a platform with features that I didn't need. I found ReplyApp to be a simple, affordable, and effective solution.

Reply review by <span>Sam B.</span>
Sam B.

"Great for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

I used to have to either manually write emails to people or use something like Mailchimp that generated HTML emails. So if I wanted to send outbound marketing that looked like I had written it personally to the person I had to send them one by one or with a mail merge. This allows me to send personal emails that followup appropriately based on whether the person REPLYs or not (and how they reply).

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I would like them to add like make it easier to categorize the reason behind bounces and learn to resume a campaign automatically based on a person's return date stated in their out of office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps generate new leads and sales. Frees up a lot of time in the day.

Reply review by <span>Joe V.</span>
Joe V.

"Does exactly what you need it to "

What do you like best?

1) very easy to create an 'if no reply' campaign; it's crucial to consistently follow-up with a large pool of contacts – Reply manages that for us.

2) very easy to upload new contacts and prevent duplicates.

3) performance data reports are easy to access and interpret; easy to make small adjustments in your campaign and immediately see the impact.

What do you dislike?

The interface for selecting windows of time for email sending is a bit frustrating – this does not affect the performance of the tool, but does cause me to pull my hair out when I need to adjust the sending times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bring on a great copywriter –– the success of your email campaigns hinge on the content you've written.

1) Consistent client communication

2) New business

Reply review by <span>Jonathan B.</span>
Jonathan B.

"Best way to get things done, fast"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can prepare a few steps in advance with different email templates- so I can just launch it and be rest assured it would happen automatically- It saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The way of adding new contact person to every step in a campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for sending surveys, since it allows you to reach a large group of emails address and monitored the open rates and replies- so you could have a better understanding of where you stand in terms of customers engagement.

We've used Reply a couple of time to send out our quarterly survey- since we are dealing with a long list of customers, Reply allow us to do it in a more efficient way and most important- fast!

Reply review by <span>Kim G.</span>
Kim G.

"Marketing Manager"

What do you like best?

One of the things I love most about Reply is the extremely prompt customer service. ANY time I have a little Q I can ask them in the chat box and they get back instantly. Its great. They are so friendly and easy to work with. The platform itself is pretty easy to use intuitively as well. We love it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit slow (from a loading perspective).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We do all of our email outreach through Reply and it is one of our main driving forces for developing MQLs. With Reply we're able to customize each email in a way that's unique and appears as though it is more of a thoughtful email.

Reply review by <span>Daniel M.</span>
Daniel M.

"Excellent Email Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Very stable and sophisticated email automation platform. Intuitive to use and easy to navigate. Does everything I need and more. The stability of the platform can not be overstated as other "simple" apps that are available create all sorts of issues in my gsuite inbox.

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricier than what's out there although given it's stability and superior features this does make sense. There are also certain area in the platform that could be slicker although I appreciate that this only happens as they release more complex functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the flexible pricing plans you must trial reply app when considering an email automation platform.

This allows me to scale my new business outreach in a way that would not be possible using other tools that I have tried

Reply review by <span>Brian A.</span>
Brian A.

"Reply.io has put my prospecting efforts on autopilot"

What do you like best?

After taking 30 to 60 minutes to formulate 6 emails over a 40 day sequence, my work is done and now my prospecting takes care of itself. I pay a virtual assistant to identify prospective customers, and all i have to do is load the names into my reply.io account and it's like I'm spending hours daily prospecting when in reality reply is doing all the work. can't recommend enough!

What do you dislike?

i would like them to allow for higher volume, and I don't like the fact that if you have any of the open or click tracking activated it will kill replies due to spam filters. and I don't like that you can't use an MS exchange server for the setup

prospecting, saving HUGE amount of time and effort.

Reply review by <span>Ratko I.</span>
Ratko I.

"Great tool for cold outreach automation"

What do you like best?

It's quite simple to setup, easy to personalise and you get all analytics plus a tag system to track your progress. If you're looking for a tool to do cold outreach to a highly targeted set of people, with a bit of testing - definitely go for it. It has multivariate testing, which is a great feature as well

What do you dislike?

The organisation is a bit harder to manage, in terms of multiple lists of people, etc. And the price is high if you have a bigger outreach list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely focus on having a targeted list to upload into reply, and focus on each email in the automation. And track your results in an organised manner. It's easy to setup, so no worries there. I would say this software can work wonders if you approach it in a smart manner.

We're actively finding clients with an cold outreach campaign to expand our client base. It worked wonders for us, I've got a 40% reply rate, as well as a 5% acquisition rate, which is quite high for a marketing agency doing cold sales via email.

Reply review by <span>Elliot N.</span>
Elliot N.

"Amazing service you wont believe! CS are always there"

What do you like best?

I have the say the platform is very well built and does an excellent job sending out outbound emails. Aside from that the Customer Success team is available around the clock. Just try it yourself!!! The CS team replies pretty much right away.

What do you dislike?

The platform does not integrate with Hubspot so we had to switch over to Salesforce to realize the full potential of the platform. Aside from that I am very happy with Reply.io

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of Reply.io support structure. They have experts inhouse that can help with improving your outbound email campaigns. Do not be afraid to reach out and speak with them!

We set out to a find a software provider that could help us with our outbound email campaigns and also make it extremely easy for us to A/B test our emails. After using Reply.io we have a consistent 40%+ open rate with over 10% reply rate.

Reply review by <span>Jeff B.</span>
Jeff B.

"Time saving tool that's moving in the right direction."

What do you like best?

Reply's clean interface and constant stream of feature enhancements makes life easier. I find using it to be simple and intuitive, which helps me launch new campaigns faster. If I had to send an entire series of 5-7 follow ups manually (like I was doing with StreakCRM), emails wouldn't get sent as consistently.

What do you dislike?

The auto categorization can be improved. The inbox category shows an email as 'Interested' because a reply came in. In actuality, many of the replies contain negative language like 'no thanks' or "I don't want to hear from you anymore' which should be 'Not Interested'. Secondly, it would be great to see an estimation when the next Step of a campaign is scheduled to be sent.

Freeing up time away from manual email follow ups.

Reaching my target market at scale, in a personalized way.

Reply review by <span>Bryan W.</span>
Bryan W.

"Best Outbound Sales tool I've ever found"

What do you like best?

Easy to use cold email tool that gets great results for our entire team. I've used it in 2 companies now, and recently did a presentation to our team about the tool. Now the whole sales team is moving to it and loving the results.

What do you dislike?

If anything, just want them to keep introducing features that interact with Gmail. Already doing well with this however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial and see for yourself. :-)

Automating sales outreach to cold suspects/prospects in our target industries

Reply review by User

"Solid Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

Really clean interface and nice reporting. The feature to send in the recipient's time zone is particularly strong (you have to update their city/state/country). Great customer support - that's probably the biggest reason I've stayed with them.

What do you dislike?

Don't find much value in the tasks, lead finder, or phone caller. I think this is more so the job for a CRM but get that because Reply's owned the email marketing side of things, they're looking to expand in different ways.

The reporting gets a bit tough - wish there was an easier export all data so that custom reporting could be done more quickly.

Helps set great cadences. There are other solutions like Yesware, but having a solution in the cloud helps centralize the data from the campaigns and makes it easier to control everything.

Reply review by <span>Kevin K.</span>
Kevin K.

"Very solid email software"

What do you like best?

Reply makes managing conversations easy. It's really solid for sending out campaigns.

What do you dislike?

If there was a more native way to build lists within the tool rather than partners that would be even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, they will help guide you through using it and give you ideas on what to do with it!

We've sent out a few campaigns but plan to really ramp up our cold campaigns and get in front of people who we want to work with.

Reply review by <span>Abdallah A.</span>
Abdallah A.

"Reply transformed our sales"

What do you like best?

Reply puts your sales efforts on auto-pilot. This is not like any automated tool for email marketing - Reply is genius because it sends personal emails and ensures the email is received in the priority/primary inbox of the person - not in the promotions section.

With Reply we've achieved a 70% open-rate and a 30% reply-rate - compared to the industry standard of 20% open-rate and ~5% reply-rate.

What do you dislike?

The platform has all features needed. Maybe it's a bit technical , so you'll need to have some experience working with email marketing tools. I also wished they had more integrations with CRM platforms.

We're automating our sales. The same tasks that would usually take us 3-4hrs/day, now need less than 1hr/month.

Reply review by <span>Valentina C.</span>
Valentina C.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

Being able to send emails on behalf of different people allows me to manage all follow ups for my sales team, so they can focus in more important tasks.

Also, I like the fact that I can personalise every email, try new templates, a/b tests, etc etc.

What do you dislike?

The system for making contact lists is very basic and sometimes a bit disorganised. I also feel that having a reply-history for each contact would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend people to at least try it and see for themselves. It is very very easy to use and understand. The customer support is very fast and helpful and they are always willing to answer your questions.

I can reach out to more people with much less effort. The sales team can just wait for the answers to come, and they don't have to worry about anything else.

Reply review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Reply helped us get to the next level"

What do you like best?

Before Reply—my ability to reach people was entirely dependent on how much free time I had. When we were busy with projects, prospecting for new relationships/clients was the first thing to go. Now with reply, I have a system that is working on my behalf, increasing my reach. Now I can spend my time on the other parts of my business that are really important!

What do you dislike?

Only thing I wish I had control over was how reply formatted my emails sent out from gmail. My default typeface is not used and my email signature gets all wonky.

Prior to Reply we had been considering hiring someone full time to help with new business because it was taking too much of my personal time. But now I use reply and in my opinion it does a lot of the work for me and has allowed us to spend the money we had anticapted needing for a sales position to other parts of our business

Reply review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

"Solid platform for Drip Campaigns"

What do you like best?

I love the team feature and shared templates. We do well over 1000 drip emails monthly that I manage for my team. This is one of the only platforms that integrated well with our stack, we used yesware mail merge previously and found the features to be lacking in comparison.

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing I dislike is I wish we could utilize the email tracking on non-drip campaigns. This would allow us to get rid of secondary software solutions we have to use for that feature currently.

Reply's allowing us to trigger drip campaigns based on actions taking place in our crm (pipedrive). We use zapier to manage the triggers and actions.

Reply review by User in Computer Software

"Easiest to Implement Outbound Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is an extremely straightforward and easy to use platform and manages all of your data very well. I don't have to worry about someone getting in multiple campaigns nor do I have to worry about people who are out of office or unsubscribing. From an sales ops point of view, Reply just works.

What do you dislike?

Reply.io is pretty difficult to navigate when you have many campaigns. You have to scroll through them all and sometimes it takes a very long time for the page to load everything. I've had to refresh the page multiple times to get it to open. I experiences this for two years as a Reply customer. They have an archive campaign button but then the campaign is locked and I can't go back in and look at anything, not the data, and not the email copy.

Outbound automation for sales outreach.

Reply review by User

"Reply = key to growing my business"

What do you like best?

Reply.io has the cleanest intuitive interface of any sales email platform I've used. That's why we keep upgrading our package with them.

I was able to get up and running in a few hours without any trouble.

Whenever I ran into any issues their support team responded to me in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's slow, perhaps because it's handling so much data. The way they handle email categorization (trying to categorize what the recipient is saying) could be improved but Natural Language Processing is a big challenge for everyone, so I imagine they'll get better over time.

I also don't like that the emails are sent on a regular interval, as opposed to randomized, but that's understandable as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing outbound sales, don't blame Reply if you're not getting "replies" – make sure you're writing quality emails that don't feel like spam. And also make sure to configure your settings in a way that doesn't hurt your deliverability.

- Revenue growth – Reply let's me automate my outbound sales efforts without needed to hire an additional SDR

- Sales email outreach - It let's me build relationships with new decision-makers without having to manually follow up with everyone

"I trust Reply app"

What do you like best?

Not only "would I recommend Reply" I have 3 times already. The product is reliable, the emails look perfect, and the software is smart. My favorite feature is being able to preview every email that is set to be sent out, prior to it being deployed. I can verify exactly how the variables will look in the context of the email.

Thanks for building a great product Reply. Oh and their customer service team is very responsive and friendly.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something, it's their leads product. I tried it when it was very early and didn't find it robust enough. However, I'm sure they'll figure that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your campaigns very targeted to specific subcategories of prospects.

Organizing outreach to very specific people at specific brands. The problem is that it's hard to always remember to follow up, especially when dealing all the other priorities as a CEO. It's reassuring to know that when I use Reply, a personalized followup email will be sent at just the right time, whether I remember or not.

Reply review by <span>Daniel J.</span>
Daniel J.

"Good Tool for Personalized Outreach "

What do you like best?

The best thing for me and why I decided to use them is they had all of the features I need for email outreach, at the right price.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the app can be a bit slow at certain points, but most of the time there are no issues.

We are able to have personalized outreach that scales. Our team is doing better with follow up and proactively contacting prospects and channel partners.

Reply review by <span>Tom T.</span>
Tom T.

"Mail Merge Ultimate"

What do you like best?

Well, does anyone remember the good old days of Office Mail Merge? Where you had to compile an excel sheet, write a word doc and then connect it with Outlook.... Every... Single... Time. And there wasn't even tracking and thus forget about reporting.

What do you dislike?

That you didn't come up with this 10 years ago. You could have saved so much more valuable time of mine.

Please allow for different scenarios I.e. In addition to "if not responded" I'd like to see: "if not opened" / "if opened but not responded" / "if clicked but not responded" / "if opened X times and not responded"..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great integration with Prospectify and Pipedrive! I have looked at various options and Reply is by far the most straightforward / most easy to use / best supported / best value for money email automation tool you'll find today

We are a young and small start-up, we are digital though media not tech, meaning we didn't get millions of seed financing. Our resources are scarce and our dreams and goals are.. Let's call them ambitious. Reply is helping us to completely bypass cold calling (and all the wasted time and added stress of our employees that comes with it). I used to be hard sales - dial or die - now I just pick up the phone for scheduled meetings and I am billing more than ever.

Reply review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"So good I almost don't want you to know about it"

What do you like best?

You won't need any IT support to implement and start sending.

You won't need a creative department to create content

You won't need a marketing department to analyze the data.

If you do BD or B2B selling, reply lets you stay front of mind for your entire rolodex

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the things I don't like are so small they aren't worth writing down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, if I'm competing with you I'd really rather you weren't using Reply. Please don't. I believe it is such a business advantage, I wish I could keep it to myself.... But! Obviously I would like Reply to succeed and grow their business so I wrote this review. I looked at every other tool on the market at the time I made my decision. If you want an easy tool that is robust while yet simple, Reply is the tool for you.

I do professional BD and need to reach out to 1.000s of contacts all the time

Reply review by <span>James H.</span>
James H.

"Solid Performing Software "

What do you like best?

Automation. It takes me 2 minutes to setup and schedule a campaign and before I know it I've got replies flooding in. It saves me an incredible amount of time.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive. Support is useful, but not polite. They seriously need to work on their customer service (eu support staff).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you really need this software before diving in. The account managers are really friendly and happy to help.

Mundane cold email sending and a higher reply rate. Tracking follow ups were hard to do, now they are a breeze.

Reply review by <span>Blake W.</span>
Blake W.

"Very easy to use. Clean and streamlined "

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple and easy to understand. The support is never far with a chat located directly in the bottom corner and always very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are delays in the sending which can cause the schedule for emails (days) to be thrown off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product for the price.

Customer retention with current clients that have drifted away, as well as new business development.

Reply review by <span>Maria P.</span>
Maria P.

""Reply" is Definitely Working Smarter!"

What do you like best?

Reply has eliminated my having to create various group lists in Outlook to personalize emails. It was extremely time-consuming, to say the least. It has definitely allowed me more time to focus on other projects.The customer service support I've been given throughout the sign-up to the million questions I've had has been nothing short of phenomenal!!!

What do you dislike?

I requested Reply look into adding schedule "dates" in addition to scheduled "days". My suggestion has already been submitted. Awesome Customer Service!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. I'm confident, you'll be impressed! It has made my work day more productive!

I've encountered more one on one feedback from customers, ultimately leading to orders and regained business.

Reply review by Consultant

"Reply Gets It Done"

What do you like best?

I like many things about Reply.

Reply is an intuitive platform for setting up campaigns and sequencing messages.

It's simple to use..

The pricing is reasonable and the customer service, training and product support is good.

You'll like this platform too!

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to send out more messages per day, but I understand the limitations associated with different plans.

I also noted that some of the important send variables (Number of daily emails, time messages are to be sent, etc., etc.) are buried in the settings section. That said, the support/help section is pretty straight forward making it easy for you to find what you need or you can, check the videos on Youtube or call to get your questions answered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's a better platform for emailing your prospects and current customers than others I've tried and it's affordable too.

Finding customers interested in our services.

Greater reach (Reduced prospecting cost)...

Consistent automated message sequencing (Reduced headaches trying to follow up with every prospects).

A steady stream on new leads (More revenue).

Reply review by <span>Olga G.</span>
Olga G.

"Great software, awesome customer support"

What do you like best?

Support is definitely one of the best part of this software. They are always there to help you with any questions you have. I also enjoy the email validation add on that comes in handy when doing large number of campaigns

What do you dislike?

The only downside is probably that it lacks any dialling prospecting function.

It is a great tool to prospect leads through email sequences. Also, it is easily integrated with you mail account

Reply review by User in Internet

"Great Customer Service & Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

The tool is simple to use; and their customer service is outstanding! Stefanie is a great account manager and is extremely responsive. The analytics and reporting is great. I also love that you can schedule the emails to be sent on specific days & times.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. Their software is easy to use and does what I need it to. Their development team seems to be on top of things and is updating the platform to have more features pretty frequently. If there was something that I wanted, it would be knowing when people open emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the support.

Easily sending out cold emails using a cadence with good reporting. I love that I don't have to have unsubscribe links in my emails. I save a lot of time from managing manual email sends using excel and gmail/outlook.

"A mixed bag "

What do you like best?

Once you are all setup, it is fairly straightforward. It takes me a few seconds to Sync with Salesforce to automatically push those emails out. There is a 100% delivery success

What do you dislike?

I dread each time I have to start a new campaign or create a new integration. The interface is not user-friendly and takes some getting used to. A small error and the entire campaign might not work. Each step needs to done carefully to make sure it starts working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great once you get it started. Integrations and setup is a pain and not easy to use.

Reaching out to clients who sign up for a demo. Reaching out to clients who would like to learn more about the product and then automatically sending them follow ups.

Reply review by <span>Callum S.</span>
Callum S.

"Email automation with a personal touch"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use, tracking and filtering features and how it integrates with all my other apps.

What do you dislike?

Their isn't anything I really dislike. Sometimes the pages can take a while to load but apart from that it does everything I need and more.

Cold emailing both sides of our platform when launching in new territories. its great for getting a full picture of what is happening with our email outreach. We also use it to warm up customers who we plan to cold call. Once set up the software will save you time and allow you to send personal emails which have been tested over time.

Reply review by <span>Anthony M.</span>
Anthony M.

"Quick and Easy Drip Campaigns"

What do you like best?

Setting up campaigns in Reply is quick and simple. The best part is the scheduling feature which allows you to set up a pick out which days to send.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish Reply has was more integrations. I use Pipedrive and there aren't too many ways to sync the two.

Reply helps me automated my cold drip campaigns which are my main way of generating new sales.

Reply review by <span>Artur M.</span>
Artur M.

"love it!!!!!!!!!!"

What do you like best?

There are few startups that i've met that actually LISTENED to my feedback..and implemented it. This is one of them. Their app is essential to our growth and it has been performing incredibly well.

They've really thought it through nicely. And now with their latest major release the UX is astounding.

What do you dislike?

they are rocking it. i hope they soon have website integration for visitor event tracking

Recommendations to others considering the product

this really works as advertised. best investment ever.

superb support.

warm intros

more conversionsmore conversions

Reply review by <span>Eli P.</span>
Eli P.

"Excellent service, we've tried them all."

What do you like best?

This is the most comprehensive and easy to use tool for creating customized and personalized outbound email campaigns. I've tried them all and none have the features, flexibility, and control that Reply does, and none make it as easy and simple to build exactly the campaign you want.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to dislike. I am a huge, huge fan.

I can send out highly customized, personalized messages in a sequence that makes sense. Reply allows me to hone every part of the customer interaction, from including personalized attachments, to setting the response timeframe, to controlling the time of day the message goes out.

Reply review by <span>Gregory R.</span>
Gregory R.

"ReplyApp for Job Search"

What do you like best?

the tracking system allows to see net reached and understand whether the outreach worked. I also really like that it automatically does followups if I hear nothing from my outreach

What do you dislike?

The first group of messages I sent out had a "unsubscribe" button which is just a setup issue. This obviously did not go well for a job search because it looked more like spam. it was a quick fix though when i realized

Recommendations to others considering the product

go through the settings completely to make sure your first outreach is your desired results

I am using it as an outreach tool when I build a large cold list. It allows me to ultimately reach a large audience and sift through with less time

Reply review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great Sales Outbound Campaigns through Reply"

What do you like best?

Reply is easy to use and priced realistically. We generate new leads from out campaigns all the time and our integration through Blitzen (blitzen.com) helps us route our inbound leads to more personalized sales follow-up campaigns very easily.

What do you dislike?

Some of the user experience has been a little challenging to get to know how to use, but the newest version being rolled out soon looks amazing and we think it will help all of the little snags we work through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool and cost effective!

We automate our cold sales outbound campaigns so we can just work through the replies, and we also have realized time savings in terms of getting interest in our platform and converting new customers.

Reply review by <span>Robert C.</span>
Robert C.

"Sales & Marketing Must..."

What do you like best?

Reply.io offers a solid platform to reach prospects with accurate analytics tracking. There's no better way to target potential clients using a personalized email campaign which allows you to pivot based on recipient interactions.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Reply.io. This should be used by every sales team in every industry where outbound interactions are required.

Reply.io helps to manage your leads funnel, quickly and easily, with the kind of personalization to which a prospect would be willing to respond.

Reply review by <span>Doug B.</span>
Doug B.

"Solid email automation program"

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of how Reply pulls from my pool of leads every day. I can set it on autopilot and have it do all the work.

What do you dislike?

I wish Reply had more events available via its Zapier app. Specifically I'd like to schedule calls in our CRM based on a number of email opens.

We're automating outbound email campaigns to past customers.

Reply review by <span>Mike M.</span>
Mike M.

"Great tool for warming up leads"

What do you like best?

I love how easy reply is to you and that the emails don't look like marketing emails. This as been the best email automation system I've used to date.

What do you dislike?

maybe simplify the step management even more, but it's pretty good as is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool, but make sure to stay on top of it. You need to manage your conversations closely so that the recipients can see your authentisity

we use Reply to warm up cold leads and start conversations with large lists of contacts. By optimizing our email copy we have been able to build trust and nurture real conversations.

Reply review by <span>Theresa N.</span>
Theresa N.

"Easy, intuitive and helps me target freakishly well"

What do you like best?

Out of the box intuitive ...almost scary what it tells you. How many times people open up emails. Can download entire email list instantly, can sort/filter by anything, and the user interface is SUPER simple compared to quickmail. Not even comparable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the chat box support gives me canned answers not remotely answering my questions. However,...the my rep on the phone has been SO valuable. She's been worth everything. VERY helpful reps...utilize them and do the follow-up calls ..you will gain a ton of great insight.

Helps me target my follow-up on those that are interested . Thousands of dollars....

Reply review by <span>Sreejata C.</span>
Sreejata C.

"Super Easy To Use "

What do you like best?

Compared to some other platforms, Reply has a lot of features and yet is quite simple to use. Most other platforms are either a lot more complex and cumbersome, or too simplistic and doesn't do what's needed.

Also, the support is excellent and super quick.

What do you dislike?

There's still a lot of bugs to iron out. Sometimes that Campaigns won't load, the People's tab wont load and you'd have to hit refresh a few times, quite slow.

Sending emails for sales, support, product updates etc. Keeping in touch with current, past and prospective customers. Being able to personalize the emails at scale. Track opens/clicks/bounces very easily.

Reply review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Solid platform for automated outbound emails"

What do you like best?

It just works.

Was easy to understand how to use. Very affordable.

I looked at 3 or 4 different options for an automated outbound email server until I decided to go with Reply. Their support is great (I usually get a reply via chat or email within 20 minutes).

I especially liked the simplicity of the tool and the learning curve (2 minutes). A/B split testing is a nice feature as well. I also REALLY like the fact that they have a zapier integration so I could connect reply to our own back end. Effectively stopping a campaign for a person if they've signed up for a free trial (even if the person never replied).

What do you dislike?

I wish the overall reporting was better.

The high level reports are fine, but I guess I'm spoiled with other tools that allow much better slicing and dicing of the data. Also, when viewing a single contact, I can't really see that user's full history :(

Lastly, the responsiveness sometimes gets a bit slow. I guess they are growing faster than expected :)

Sometimes I'll wait over 30 seconds for their system to respond when viewing reports but when editing or day to day use it's fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool that does one thing and does it really well. Use reply.

Also, the zapier integration makes it easy to connect to other systems.

Reaching out to people and stopping the campaign if they respond.

Reply review by <span>Jon G.</span>
Jon G.

"Very Solid Email Platform for Outbound"

What do you like best?

We vetted several other sales automation platforms (outbound.io, SalesLoft) before winding up with ReplyApp. We chose them because of their relative cost and the fact that ReplyApp has all the bare-bones fundamentals of what you're looking for in platform like this (basic reporting, automated bumps, A/B testing, automated removals from drip campaigns).

But by far the best aspect of Reply so far has been their customer service. Twice I've called to change our subscription / ask questions and both times was greeted by a co-founder who provided prompt, friendly service and genuinely wanted to know if I was receiving value from the tool.

What do you dislike?

Reporting around email could be better. It's still pretty manual for us to glean meaningful insight into the success of each campaign, but this feedback is mainly based on UI preferences rather than actual functionality.

We use ReplyApp to run targeted outbound email campaigns. It's very easy to upload CSVs, set up a campaign, write copy, and push the campaign live within about an hour.

Reply review by <span>Nadine A.</span>
Nadine A.

"Effective and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the UI. Very easy to navigate and set up campaign templates. I also love the reporting section - and that it pulls up the contact information for individuals that open the campaign.

What do you dislike?

Haven't quite had a lot of time in Reply.io yet to notice anything I do not like.

I love being able to upload a list of contacts and easily send out personalized messaging. I also love seeing if the individual opened the email and those metrics.

Reply review by <span>James M.</span>
James M.

"Very useful marketing too."

What do you like best?

Reply is a useful email marketing tool that allows you a build a large number of email templates using your own domain now. It is highly customisable and a scaleable. It allows you to make mass-mailing look very personal.

What do you dislike?

Some of the logic of the site is not entirely intuitive and it takes a bit of getting used to. There are a few odd quirks like features that do not work unless the page is fully expanded for example. It is definitely a website that could do with being a bit simpler.

Pricing could also be a bit better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful when used in conjunction with LinkedIn and Email Hunter.

Our business is an online courier platform with a business model that depends on high volumes. As such, mass marketing to businesses is a necessary part of our strategy. Reply is the best solution we have found so far.

Reply review by <span>João Nuno N.</span>
João Nuno N.

"Reply app is the most important tool in my email sales process"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, with a very intuitive interface and a very nice flow. In the rare occasions when I was in trouble using it, the people behind live chat support didn't take more than 10 minutes to answer my questions! Customer support and client success divisions are not worried if you renew your subscription or not, they just want you to succeed, and help you do that! Everything is awesome. I especially love their customer support and client success divisions. Great people, always willing to help when we need. Learning curve is perfect!

What do you dislike?

Some minor features are still missing, but I'm a very demanding client. For example everytime you upload contacts and some of the contacts are skipped, the app should notify why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial. But I always make this advice, be aware that Reply is an awesome tool to integrate in your sales process to automate emails, schedules and have awesome statistics. Reply is not your sales process but a very important tool to make it work and perfect it!

I started using Reply around 4 months ago to manage cold sales emails. It is the main tool I use not only to monitor the whole activity but also to improve our process. The statistics interface is so simple yet so rich in information, that we can easily look at it and understand the bottlenecks of our process and what we need to improve. Notice that this only automates emails and schedules, you still have to do a great work to sell you product! This is an awesome product to help your sales process, and not the sales process for itself!

Reply review by <span>Mrinal G.</span>
Mrinal G.

"Really great experience with Reply.io"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Excellent customer service. The built in validator saves me so much time!

What do you dislike?

The scheduling takes a little time to figure out. I would suggest spending some time going through the user information, as well as reaching out to Cust. Care. It will save you time long term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it today! Use it properly and it will save you time and money

- Prospecting

- Closing deals

- Getting new customers

-Retaining and engaging current customers

Reply review by <span>Nico G.</span>
Nico G.

"Best email system I've used so far"

What do you like best?

I love with Reply how emails are followed up with the same email chain. This has SIGNIFICANTLY increased response rates over time. Reply makes it easy to do this and easy to set up different campaigns. Customer support is great and the UI/UX is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pricing was a little more flexible because I'm barely crossing one of the pricing thresholds, so I feel like I'm slightly over-paying for my usage.

Reaching out to prospects without manually following up. I have my campaigns running in the background and this provides significant leverage for me as a busy entrepreneur.

Reply review by <span>Kateryna R.</span>
Kateryna R.

"Very good tool for cold emailing"

What do you like best?

Reply makes my work easier by providing an opportunity to create an email template for a campaign and at the same time customize this template to each contact. It also shows statistics for each campaign.

Most importantly, potential clients view emails sent from Reply as personal, not part of email marketing campaign.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning It was quite hard to figure out how the system works. Reply doesn't provide clear step by step instructions on how to use their product. That is why I had to message their support a lot and also had Skype demo of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are sending out a lot of cold emails and haven't found the right tool to automate your work, Reply could be what you need.

Our business problem - get leads from cold emails.

So far we were able to generate leads from this channel.

Reply review by <span>Dave A.</span>
Dave A.

"Great Product - excellent service"

What do you like best?

Thankfully it was relatively easy to set up, learn it and use it. The customer service from the 3 people I have worked with has been fantastic. the online chat people are prompt and helpful too.

What do you dislike?

Have not really come across anything that I don't like. So far everything works great. And I am able to figure things out on my own fairly easily.

Having to send out individual emails but a lot of them is impossible. Reply has solved that for us with the campaign set up and slow drip of email to potential clients

Reply review by <span>Joe O.</span>
Joe O.

"Converted me from Toutapp"

What do you like best?

1. Zapier API

2. Deep analytics and reply tracking

3. Smooth A/B testing setup

What do you dislike?

Can be clunky at times. SFDC and Dynamics support aren't as smooth as I'd like. should be more clear regarding what happens when leads max out for the day. The advertised functionality of email/contact finding doesn't work.

Clear stats to help identify if messaging is working and why.

Reply review by <span>Christina H.</span>
Christina H.

"Game Changer!"

What do you like best?

I am a bootstrapped startup with limited resources. I couldn't keep up or remember everyone I was reaching out to. I researched different products but this one seemed seamless. People got back right away and the support is great via a chatbox. It literally is worth a whole sales person. I tried having a sales person do this and they couldn't even follow up the way replayapp can. It saves hours, its a must for startups and communication. And, they are actively adding features, to make it easier. The pricing is on point also.

What do you dislike?

the colors could be more aesthetic, and graphs and reports, and individual details of persons could be more advanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

game changer- get it now! save yourself a whole salary or intern.

we are solving finding and using images from social media. We are a search engine to find and license images from social media through customizable messages and gallery embeds for publishing.

Reply review by <span>Cody H.</span>
Cody H.

"Couldn't Run Company Without Reply"

What do you like best?

Reply automates everything I hate about running a business.

What do you dislike?

If you have a brand new email account you need to warm up the servers so that you don't get marked as SPAM. However, reply can work with you on this.

Helps us massively improve scheduled marketing for the entire month. Allows us to set a plan and forget about it.

Reply review by User in Computer Software

"Readymade email template will save your Sales team time"

What do you like best?

Reply.io is easy to set up and helps us to create our campaigns easily. All we have to do is to set up our email address for launching emails via this product,

What do you dislike?

sometimes your campaign stop working due to sending email capacity

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great email marketing automation software for startup and founders worth to try

it took me a few days to find this feature in Gmail. When I loaded the Reply Chrome Extension, it added this bar at the bottom of the screen. I recently found that I could click and bring up all of my email templates.We use Reply.io for following up with existing clients, welcoming new customers, and building rapport. It has helped our sales team spend less time crafting emails and setting reminders to follow up so that they can spend more time closing deals.

Reply review by <span>Rob G.</span>
Rob G.

"Great Service - Fantastic Software"

What do you like best?

I like that this has streamlined my sales funnel - and helped me initiate contact in a more structured way.

sending emails right from gmail + being able to track is really convenient to move contacts to leads to qualified leads etc. very intuitive service that just works.

What do you dislike?

honestly this just does it's job - don't have any complaints.

promoting my startup to journalists and influencers. I've realized 30 + press writeups within 2 weeks of using the service from ~ 400 contacts. this has been great.

Reply review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great SDR platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to assume any team members' account to create drips, add people to current campaigns, and view statistics without the need for that member to log in. Second, the platform's ability to recognize when a person is already part of a drip and blocking duplicate sends is great! Third, the Zapier intergrations make using Reply automated and even more valuable.

What do you dislike?

Lack of full campaign sharing between team members. Right now we are able to share individual email templates into team/public shared categories. That then requires each team member to build a campaign from scratch, even if its the exact same as another team member.

The crm is a bit lacking in filtering capabilities and segmentation. The most visible filtering option is to filter by upload file name, which is cool, but being able to categorize and group people by custom fields that we create within the platform would be much more valuable and useful.

We've been looking for a way to improve our pipeline development and needed an automated email platform to help us develop our SDR (Sales Development Resource) strategy. We have a small team of sales representatives and they focus primarily on building and deepening existing relationships, as well as closing open deals. So new relationships are hard for them to create.

Reply has allowed us to keep our team the same size, and build an SDR role, that uses Reply to start new relationships for our sales representatives. Its been an improvement in pipeline without increasing overhead.

Reply review by User in Computer Software

"Great email productivity tool for outbound sales"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and responsive UI. Great support. All the features you need for automated email campaigns. Integrations to major CRMs which allows further automation and seamless overview of stats and managing campaign subscriptions based on user input or marketing automation in CRM (ie, prospect downloads an ebook - sequence in Salesforce changes the lead scoring as a result, Reply app can automatically remove them from a sequence). Reply tracking on steroids; they not only remove someone from a drip when they reply but can detect whether the reply is an indication of interest, a request to follow up at a later time, and out of office, a forward to a colleague, etc. Good and easy reporting. A/B testing. Auto-detection of prospect's timezone based on State/Country

What do you dislike?

They don't support html for "format" intensive marketing email....pretty much the only thing I'd like to be able to do with Reply that I cannot at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reply is a really great and valuable application in its current state. The co-founders have told me they are building a new UI, can wait to see how they can improve what is already my favourite email automation application.

Great outbound automation, I've received praise from numerous executives, investors and mentors about our lead generation setup and a large portion of this is made possible due to Reply.

Metrics on open rates, reply rates and their easy to use A/B testing has allowed me to optimize messaging and increase traction.

Reply review by <span>Mitchell P.</span>
Mitchell P.

"10x your sales efforts with this app!"

What do you like best?

That you can 10x your sales efforts with minimal effort. It's a very intuitive app that is simple to use.

You can set campaigns that pertain to specific buckets of prospects. You can then add contacts in bulk, and also add new contacts manually in the future. Really helpful in our case because we have prospects that engage with our app in different ways. We can take a look at their activity and then add them to the proper campaign in 5 seconds.

It's automated 75% of my manually-based tasks, freeing me to provide higher value to my demo calls and to my organization as a whole.

What do you dislike?

Some design/aesthetic improvements could be made, and I've been informed that they are working on them. The campaign/contacts page can get cluttered but it doesn't affect the functionality of the app at all so really not much of a downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay the $70 for 1000 contacts and test it out. It's well worth the investment.

We've automated outreach and boosted our productivity with half the effort. Our team members have 10x their output and now we're watching the sales roll in. We bought 1000 contacts for $70 and DOUBLED our monthly sales. It's clear we've gained a massive ROI.

TL;DR: use this app!

Reply review by <span>Omar A.</span>
Omar A.

"Reply.io"

What do you like best?

I really like Reply.io. It does what it says it will do. It sends out the emails. It's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The only problem is that sometimes it sends emails to people who've already replied. That is real challenging to deal with.

It helps us to send a lot of emails out.

Reply review by <span>Brad S.</span>
Brad S.

"Great outbound email marketing for B2B and B2B2C companies"

What do you like best?

Open rates are much higher than through a platform such as MailChimp (e.g., 60%+ versus 20%). The automated follow-up emails are also fantastic and the platform works very well for marketing to groups of 100+ people.

What do you dislike?

Ensuring multiple people from the same organization do not receive the same email is difficult without manual curation of your email lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a free trial, so you don't really have anything to lose. It has definitely had a positive impact on our sales.

We provide feedback on application essays, It's helped us reach out to high school and independent college counselors.

Reply review by <span>Lee J.</span>
Lee J.

"Finally! The perfect solution for email campaigns."

What do you like best?

It works using my email account so I'm not restricted by having to use a 3rd party system like Sendgrid.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Great system, good API and great customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used every other email campaign system (Mailchimp, Drip, etc.) and this is the first system that I am happy with and that does everything I need it to do.

We needed a system that could integrate with our business processes and connect to our different systems. This was easy to do with Reply.io.

Reply review by <span>Matt C.</span>
Matt C.

"Streamlines a valuable process"

What do you like best?

The ability to test and validate specific messages easily in batches.

What do you dislike?

We've run into some technical issues. The support was not very helpful in working through the issues with us. While technically correct, they didn't offer any context / suggestions to help us resolve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a part of your acquisition funnel when testing therioes

Ability to use email as a performant distribution channel.

Reply review by <span>Vishnu N.</span>
Vishnu N.

"Simplifying Email Automation"

What do you like best?

Cold email sending is a time taken process and reply.io simplifies that process. All you need to set up a campaign, add contacts and steps.

What do you dislike?

Loading issues are their. Also one thing I felt very difficult was identifying the current active step of a campaign, Reply.io need to take care of that issue.

Previously we have a lead generation team and their main process was to sent emails to the prospects. After reply.io the cost associated with lead generation process reduced to almost 50%.

Reply review by <span>Marc P.</span>
Marc P.

"Great Outreach software"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize each and every email.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. The only thing I had to do more manually was to confirm opt-outs when people replied and said to stop sending.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the list verification system. It's worth the extra fees.

Personalized Cold Outreach to generate new partner opportuities.

Reply review by <span>Sam E.</span>
Sam E.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Follow up and marketing emails to my clients have never been easier!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the server runs slow and I notice it takes extra time to pull up my data

I typically only followup once every 7-14 days when I have to do it manually. This has increased my followup and response time.

Reply review by User in Computer Software

"Much improved user interface"

What do you like best?

Ability to set automated campaigns to reach clients. Excellent integration with Salesforce makes it a breeze to use.

What do you dislike?

The User Interface is not the best, but they seem to have made some changes recently which improved the look. However many aspects of using it are counter-intuitive making it a little hard to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliable service that does that does everything it claims.

I've been using Reply for just under a year and it saves me a lot of time in writing follow ups. I am able to make highly personalized condensed emails which don't give the recipient any idea that the mail is automated.

"Ongoing support"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, simple instructions and support staff that is always available if needed

What do you dislike?

The app ran into a snag and did not start the second step of my campaign, this was quickly alleviated by the support staff through the chat option

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Reply a try, it's very intuitive to use and had proven to be an important tool in our day to day operations

We are looking to generate interest in a new product and reply.io has become a key part of making this happen. When you have a tool that is effective & easy to use you come to the realization that the mountain isn't as high as we might have once thought