ReportMiner

ReportMiner

Astera ReportMiner data extraction software enables you to liberate business data trapped in printed documents so that it can be integrated into a company’s database for operations and business intelligence applications. This saves significant human resource time and dollars, as well as freeing up resources for other more important work.

Work for ReportMiner?

Learning about ReportMiner?

ReportMiner Reviews

Ask ReportMiner a Question
ReportMiner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Extremely Useful and reliable tool"

What do you like best?

I love that once I have created a report model I can use it over and over. Having that reliable tool and consistent model that I can return to and easily use months later is wonderful.

I have also found the pre-recorded learning sessions to be extremely useful. I came into this tool with no idea how to use it and was able to reference the videos and figure out enough to use the tool effectively on my own.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to save and re-use data flows. I also wish there was a way to keep things you use open - like a favorites bar where I could place the add a constant value function and grab it wihtout having to open tools and drag it from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for someone who needs to run a process (report Model) to convert files to a different format. I have found it to be extremely reliable and convenient.

I am re-formatting files that were inconsistent in format in order to grab only the parts of the file I need in a workable format for import into my other system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ReportMiner
Showing 10 ReportMiner reviews
ReportMiner review by <span>Sergio C.</span>
Sergio C.

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

What i like the most about report miner is the ability to create functions and calculate fields. I like that to create the model is really easy, it has a tool to grab the rows just by clicking.

is intuitive, and powerful.

you can zoom the file if the file has many fields and you need more space to separate the fields.

you can also test the export before exporting. it convert the data type depending on the value that you get in the field, from datatime, int, or text.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it get stuck in the data region when the file is too long.

there is a limit on the pages, it allows you to convert files no more than 60 pages i guess, we have an issue with a file that was 100 pages long and we need to split the file in 3 parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i will recommend to include the OCR functionality for free, there are too many tools out there that include OCR and other that the price are really slow, so the cost for the OCR one is expensive in comparison with other tools out there that has that functionality.

converting files from pdf to excel table format and then we can transform that final export to our need format.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ReportMiner
ReportMiner review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Great Tool for pdf conversion"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, ReportMiner can do an amazing variety of things with a scanned pdf. There is a definite learning curve but it does what I need and their support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

I am not an extremely technical person. I work with technology but I am not a developer. The tool is generally a little over my head but I have learned to use it and their support has been great about helping get it set up and troubleshooting issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear outline of what you are trying to accomplish and get it done during your trial period to be sure that it does everything you need. It is a complicated tool.

We are having the tool pick up email, download attachments, scrape order data from downloaded pdf purchase orders and output xls spreadsheets in an email back to the sender.

What On-Premise Data Integration solution do you use?

ReportMiner review by User

"Difficult-After 2 weeks teaching myself-okay"

What do you like best?

Once self taught figured out the program.

What do you dislike?

Online Class SUCKED!

Tutorials SUCK!

had to self teach myself-took 2 weeks to self teach.

I am pretty decent with computers as well--any normal RN would not have been able to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a decent class and not taught online in 4 hour time by someone that is an expert who does not know how to teach to novice reportminer customers.

data mining-lab reports of VISTA system. 4 hour class I had, was horrible. Self taught myself in 2 weeks--too long! Tutorials were horrible!! But more beneficial than the class. Exporting to Excel is NOTHING like tutorial says it is. I figured out on my own, if I copy all the data preview and right click, I can then export to Excel.

ReportMiner review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Great Software, Pricey but performs very well, takes a business to a different level."

What do you like best?

We use report miner enterprise, which lets you auomate tasks. The software is flexible enough to allow you tackle projects on different areas,it is also very intuitive, that makes train new users a much simpler task. Responsive customer support. Astera added OCR with version 7 and that helped us tackle even more intricate captures. We plan to move to centerprise in the future, this is a keeper for sure.

What do you dislike?

Version 6 had issues with stability that were taken care of with version 7, a model could become useless if you saved it with an error. Before buying this software, we tested comparable solutions and even with the mentioned glitch on version 6, report miner was the more stable solution we could test, so all in all, we could accomodate to what it offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you should test many options, take your time to look everywhere for alternatives. This technology is becoming mainstream and that brings many players to the table. That being said, I can recommend Report Miner because in our setup it works extremely well and it is an stable application, something other applications lack.

We are improving the accuracy/efficiency of tasks that involve data entry/verification, by formalizing/automating the current processes, leaving an easy to follow paper trail to audit easily the results. We are capturing data and storing in sql server and generating reports and triggered alerts to keep users up to date on the flow of pertinent internal activities.

ReportMiner review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Nice product"

What do you like best?

For businesses looking for a full-blown report extraction solution, ReportMiner is an excellent choice. For those of us that need report extraction on more of a one-off basis, the express version is the most cost-effective choice, but has some shortcomings which prevented us from making a purchase.

User-friendliness and ease of use was very good, as good or better than some of the competitors we reviewed. Except for the shortcoming mentioned above, we might very well have ReportMiner at work right now.

What do you dislike?

First and foremost, the ability to run 1 model against multiple report files. This was the dealbreaker for us. While it is available in the Enterprise edition, our business needs didn't justify the additional expense of that version, which was significant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product, but depends on what your needs are and how important certain features are. It is definitely one of the easier to use report scrapers I have encountered.

One-off report scraping and analysis. We have a few daily processes that rely on report-scraping, but we generally try to automate those with data files direct from the respective database and eliminate the report step altogether.

ReportMiner review by <span>Honey R.</span>
Honey R.

"I am a Monarch user for several years and switched to Report Miner which is far better than Monarch."

What do you like best?

The program is very simple in both structure and guidance. It only took me a day to get acclimated and was able to generate various models that met my need.

What do you dislike?

I am having problems when modeling a report that has various lines of data to capture. It would be nice if there is a guide that pops up when using this feature.

reports from various system sources

ReportMiner review by User in Internet

"Report Miner"

What do you like best?

Report Miner does a good job extracting data from raw screen prints.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it crashes for no reason when you load a new file.

We have made printed PDF reports into readable data for our analysis.

ReportMiner review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"The software is very easy to work with."

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. I like that I can pick out the data that I need and not waste time with data that I would not use.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I do not dislike anything as of yet.

I work for physicians. They like to have their own personal data in regards to DME, PT, things of that nature.

ReportMiner review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Report Miner does the jobs I need it to do and is very flexible "

What do you like best?

It is easy extract data from reports.

the different formats to extract from.

What do you dislike?

Hard to get started but once you figure it out it is easy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting Started take time so take the time to read and do the tutorals

Report to out mills that want different format

I can run one report and get different reports

ReportMiner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Reportminer"

What do you like best?

Great product ! Works as advertised - I like

What do you dislike?

Nothing works well nothing that I know of as of this review

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product

used for automating report generation with Crystal

Learn more about ReportMiner

ReportMiner Videos

Learning about ReportMiner?

* We monitor all ReportMiner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.