ReSharper

ReSharper is a productivity tool for visual studio that provides tools and features to help you manage your code.

Work for ReSharper?

Learning about ReSharper?

ReSharper Reviews

Ask ReSharper a Question
Showing 37 ReSharper reviews
ReSharper review by <span>Muhammad A.</span>
Muhammad A.

Best Visual Studio Extension. I would say, Developer's best friend.

What do you like best?

Searching the whole solution is very easy. It makes developer's job quite easy with Code completion, Code generation. Code analysis, Code editing helpers etc. You can jump to any file,. It has a powerful unit test runner, it assists in debugging, there are lot of code templates. Sometimes, it is very helpful to use its Architectural feature called 'Project dependency diagram'. It is good to inspect the code issues in the solution.

What do you dislike?

The price should be low so that every developer can afford it. The license process is quite complicated if there are lots of users in the organisation specially the organisations having external consultants. . Trial period is only one month. There should be some price discounts/offers for the large organisations. If you keep you visual studio open for longer time, ReSharper hangs or slows down some times and you have to restart your Visual Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to buy it. It is very useful for the developers and it increases the productivity considerably. More you gain experience with it, more you become comfortable in code writing.

It has made the software development job very easy and productivity increases considerably. It is very beneficial for the developer as well as for the organisation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ReSharper
ReSharper review by <span>Julia S.</span>
Julia S.

Excellent assistant for Visual Studio

What do you like best?

The best tool for Visual Studio for refactoring (extracting methods, renaming, introducing of variables etc.), navigation in solution, formatting, running tests, finding the dead code.

One of my favorite features is 'Navigation to decompiled sources' that allows seeing the source code of third-party libraries.

What do you dislike?

- In some versions of product running of tests was slow and sometimes never ends (in Ultimate version 2017.1.1 there is no problem with that)

- After setup ReSharper for Visual Studio 2017 all hotkeys didn't work (changing schema to VS and back to ReSharper helps, Options -> Keyboard & Menus)

- Some code implemented with Angular 4 and TS is highlighted as incorrect, but compilation is okay

- In early versions of product performance of IDE was affected, but now everything is okay

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use it on the daily basis if your IDE is Visual Studio.

Good tools are important for effective development. With ReSharper programming with C#/JS/TS is really faster.

What Static Code Analysis solution do you use?

ReSharper review by <span>Hussein S.</span>
Hussein S.

A must have tool for developers using Visual Studio

What do you like best?

ReSharper is one of the first tools I install on a new computer that I use for development. The software adds a number of code analysis and refactoring tools to Visual Studio that helps me be more productive. Some of the features that I use most are navigation shortcuts (Ctrl+T), extract variables and methods, unit testing support, navigating to decompiled source, rename refactoring and code generation.

The aforementioned features saves many hours of frustration for my team and makes working with Visual Studio a much better experience. ReSharper is also updated quickly to support the latest language features.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about ReSharper. One issue I have faced is a slowdown of Visual Studio when I have solution-wide analysis turned on. I have this feature turned off most of the time and would like to see some performance improvements on this front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the keyboard shortcuts. Print out the keyboard shortcuts PDF file and keep it handy. This is one of the most important things to learn to get the most out of ReSharper.

ReSharper allows us to do more in less time. This has a direct impact on the productivity of our developers. The tool helps to reduce silly mistakes and improves code quality. The investment in the product is worthwhile.

ReSharper review by <span>Arnas J.</span>
Arnas J.

How can you code without resharper?

What do you like best?

Well, hard to say. Everything?

I like that you can change keybindings to be the saame as other Jetbrains products.

I like when resharper highlights my code - suggestions, errors or warnings.

Resharper is a really big productivity booster.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some default functions (like ctrl + click) acts weird. I dislike that a company cannot change from Resharper to Rider. If we have licence for a year ahead and decide to use Rider instead of VS+Rsh. we have to pay double the price. Customer support does not care about its users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If You really want/have to use VS, then go ahead and buy Resharper aswell. If you are not sure, try Rider instead.

We have been using Resharper as a tool to boost productivity, code quality and style.

Using resharper is very important when you have to produce best quality code possible.

ReSharper review by <span>Simon D.</span>
Simon D.

Great productivity boost from using Resharper

What do you like best?

Resharper offers an almost seamless integration into Visual Studio so much so that when I have a fresh install of Visual Studio and have not yet installed Resharper it feels broken, everything seems to take much longer to achieve! Resharper saves me a lot of time navigating & formatting code within a solution also. Less mouse clicks and a nice set of customisable keyboard shortcuts for most of what I need to achieve.

What do you dislike?

I do experience performance degradation on my machine, usually, if Solution Wide analysis is enabled. It's certainly improved in recent years and with 24GB RAM on my machine is not an issue most of the time but if my machine is already under stress from other processes it becomes obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a freelancer I used to find the licensing expensive but theoretically, the product pays for itself in the productivity boost you get from using it. However, I just noticed that the licensing structure has improved and you are rewarded for future renewals with the price dropping each subsequent year until the 3rd year making it an extremely well-priced addition to your toolkit!

Hints offered by Resharper have helped me to improve my knowledge of new c# features that I was not yet using. It's also useful to see recommendations on refactoring existing code to improve readability/performance.

ReSharper review by <span>Chris B.</span>
Chris B.

Resharper is easily the best productivity tool I have ever used...

What do you like best?

Resharper offers a swathe of features that I cannot easily live without when coding in Visual Studio - the product makes my life so much easier in so many ways they are impossible to list in the space of a simple review.

These features include automatic trapping of coding errors as you type, automatic code completion, automatic creation of references whilst typing, advanced unit test control and management, code style and improvement suggestions, and much more.

As an example LINQ syntax can be quite difficult to master, and even if you are good with it sometimes it just doesn't seem to work properly. Yet Resharper can automatically convert older style constructs like for and foreach loops into 100% accurate LINQ queries. Even better, if you decide that for a particular case the original loop is clearer or better, Resharper will restore it with as little as a single keypress.

We have implemented a policy that nothing goes out of the door that does not have a 100% green lights in the code pages and the unit tests, and Resharper makes that policy easy to enforce and simple to achieve.

Some edge cases may have odd or unanticipated behaviour, but if reported and found to be correct (most often Resharper is right and the user is wrong) the developers are very good at fixing any issues. If you detect a new check or rule they are also happy to add them to capabilities of the product.

The support team is responsive and helpful, and although it may take time for features to make it into the final product they listen carefully to developers and work to ensure that they get the best possible bang for their buck.

What do you dislike?

Resharper can be a little memory hungry if you have several copies of Visual Studio running. Recent versions are observably slower than older versions, but in return offer more functionality which is an exchange I am willing to make.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think about it, do it. It is the single best productivity tool I have used since I started programming in 1984, and whilst it is not cheap it is stunning value for money.

Resharper makes coding quicker and easier, makes the resulting code better quality, and provides clear indication where errors might exist that might otherwise only be found during debugging. Applications are more robust and maintainable as a result.

Learning about ReSharper?

* We monitor all ReSharper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.