ReSharper

4.7

ReSharper is a productivity tool for visual studio that provides tools and features to help you manage your code.

Work for ReSharper?

Learning about ReSharper?

ReSharper Reviews

Ask ReSharper a Question
Showing 39 ReSharper reviews
ReSharper review by Muhammad A.
Muhammad A.

"Best Visual Studio Extension. I would say, Developer's best friend. "

What do you like best?

Searching the whole solution is very easy. It makes developer's job quite easy with Code completion, Code generation. Code analysis, Code editing helpers etc. You can jump to any file,. It has a powerful unit test runner, it assists in debugging, there are lot of code templates. Sometimes, it is very helpful to use its Architectural feature called 'Project dependency diagram'. It is good to inspect the code issues in the solution.

What do you dislike?

The price should be low so that every developer can afford it. The license process is quite complicated if there are lots of users in the organisation specially the organisations having external consultants. . Trial period is only one month. There should be some price discounts/offers for the large organisations. If you keep you visual studio open for longer time, ReSharper hangs or slows down some times and you have to restart your Visual Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to buy it. It is very useful for the developers and it increases the productivity considerably. More you gain experience with it, more you become comfortable in code writing.

It has made the software development job very easy and productivity increases considerably. It is very beneficial for the developer as well as for the organisation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ReSharper
ReSharper review by Julia S.
Julia S.

"Excellent assistant for Visual Studio"

What do you like best?

The best tool for Visual Studio for refactoring (extracting methods, renaming, introducing of variables etc.), navigation in solution, formatting, running tests, finding the dead code.

One of my favorite features is 'Navigation to decompiled sources' that allows seeing the source code of third-party libraries.

What do you dislike?

- In some versions of product running of tests was slow and sometimes never ends (in Ultimate version 2017.1.1 there is no problem with that)

- After setup ReSharper for Visual Studio 2017 all hotkeys didn't work (changing schema to VS and back to ReSharper helps, Options -> Keyboard & Menus)

- Some code implemented with Angular 4 and TS is highlighted as incorrect, but compilation is okay

- In early versions of product performance of IDE was affected, but now everything is okay

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use it on the daily basis if your IDE is Visual Studio.

Good tools are important for effective development. With ReSharper programming with C#/JS/TS is really faster.

What Static Code Analysis solution do you use?

ReSharper review by German  V.
German V.

"Excellent tool vor developing"

What do you like best?

It has tons of aids and tools for help developers to do their job. Correction, simplifications, intellisense, … and much more are inside this software, It works inside Visual Studio as and plugin. But it is not a common plugin. You will find any tool you need to solve the most tricky problems with LINQ, Classes, Structs., etc. This is a developers IDE inside a very good developers IDE (Visual Studio)

What do you dislike?

It is heavy. If you do not have a decent machine, you will be in a sort of a nightmare of sluggishness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use Resharper with C# (My case), take into account that this is not a tool for rookies. It has tons aids, but also require average-to-deep knowledge of the language and also of Visual Studio.

I make a lot of software for a Steel Structures company, and use this tool all time when developing. Business administration, payroll, production, BIM, Maintenance, projects developing, Every one of this programs was made using Resharper. In many of them, I improved my code bay a factor of X3. I really recommend it.

ReSharper review by Hussein S.
Hussein S.

"A must have tool for developers using Visual Studio"

What do you like best?

ReSharper is one of the first tools I install on a new computer that I use for development. The software adds a number of code analysis and refactoring tools to Visual Studio that helps me be more productive. Some of the features that I use most are navigation shortcuts (Ctrl+T), extract variables and methods, unit testing support, navigating to decompiled source, rename refactoring and code generation.

The aforementioned features saves many hours of frustration for my team and makes working with Visual Studio a much better experience. ReSharper is also updated quickly to support the latest language features.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about ReSharper. One issue I have faced is a slowdown of Visual Studio when I have solution-wide analysis turned on. I have this feature turned off most of the time and would like to see some performance improvements on this front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the keyboard shortcuts. Print out the keyboard shortcuts PDF file and keep it handy. This is one of the most important things to learn to get the most out of ReSharper.

ReSharper allows us to do more in less time. This has a direct impact on the productivity of our developers. The tool helps to reduce silly mistakes and improves code quality. The investment in the product is worthwhile.

ReSharper review by Arnas J.
Arnas J.

"How can you code without resharper?"

What do you like best?

Well, hard to say. Everything?

I like that you can change keybindings to be the saame as other Jetbrains products.

I like when resharper highlights my code - suggestions, errors or warnings.

Resharper is a really big productivity booster.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some default functions (like ctrl + click) acts weird. I dislike that a company cannot change from Resharper to Rider. If we have licence for a year ahead and decide to use Rider instead of VS+Rsh. we have to pay double the price. Customer support does not care about its users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If You really want/have to use VS, then go ahead and buy Resharper aswell. If you are not sure, try Rider instead.

We have been using Resharper as a tool to boost productivity, code quality and style.

Using resharper is very important when you have to produce best quality code possible.

ReSharper review by Simon D.
Simon D.

"Great productivity boost from using Resharper"

What do you like best?

Resharper offers an almost seamless integration into Visual Studio so much so that when I have a fresh install of Visual Studio and have not yet installed Resharper it feels broken, everything seems to take much longer to achieve! Resharper saves me a lot of time navigating & formatting code within a solution also. Less mouse clicks and a nice set of customisable keyboard shortcuts for most of what I need to achieve.

What do you dislike?

I do experience performance degradation on my machine, usually, if Solution Wide analysis is enabled. It's certainly improved in recent years and with 24GB RAM on my machine is not an issue most of the time but if my machine is already under stress from other processes it becomes obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a freelancer I used to find the licensing expensive but theoretically, the product pays for itself in the productivity boost you get from using it. However, I just noticed that the licensing structure has improved and you are rewarded for future renewals with the price dropping each subsequent year until the 3rd year making it an extremely well-priced addition to your toolkit!

Hints offered by Resharper have helped me to improve my knowledge of new c# features that I was not yet using. It's also useful to see recommendations on refactoring existing code to improve readability/performance.

ReSharper review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Resharper is easily the best productivity tool I have ever used..."

What do you like best?

Resharper offers a swathe of features that I cannot easily live without when coding in Visual Studio - the product makes my life so much easier in so many ways they are impossible to list in the space of a simple review.

These features include automatic trapping of coding errors as you type, automatic code completion, automatic creation of references whilst typing, advanced unit test control and management, code style and improvement suggestions, and much more.

As an example LINQ syntax can be quite difficult to master, and even if you are good with it sometimes it just doesn't seem to work properly. Yet Resharper can automatically convert older style constructs like for and foreach loops into 100% accurate LINQ queries. Even better, if you decide that for a particular case the original loop is clearer or better, Resharper will restore it with as little as a single keypress.

We have implemented a policy that nothing goes out of the door that does not have a 100% green lights in the code pages and the unit tests, and Resharper makes that policy easy to enforce and simple to achieve.

Some edge cases may have odd or unanticipated behaviour, but if reported and found to be correct (most often Resharper is right and the user is wrong) the developers are very good at fixing any issues. If you detect a new check or rule they are also happy to add them to capabilities of the product.

The support team is responsive and helpful, and although it may take time for features to make it into the final product they listen carefully to developers and work to ensure that they get the best possible bang for their buck.

What do you dislike?

Resharper can be a little memory hungry if you have several copies of Visual Studio running. Recent versions are observably slower than older versions, but in return offer more functionality which is an exchange I am willing to make.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think about it, do it. It is the single best productivity tool I have used since I started programming in 1984, and whilst it is not cheap it is stunning value for money.

Resharper makes coding quicker and easier, makes the resulting code better quality, and provides clear indication where errors might exist that might otherwise only be found during debugging. Applications are more robust and maintainable as a result.

ReSharper review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"I Never Develop Without It"

What do you like best?

ReSharper makes navigating my solution and refactoring a breeze. I've been using it for so long that I am sometimes shocked to learn that things it does are not part of stock Visual Studio.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a little easier to migrate all my settings etc from one workstation to another. Also, having to uninstall and reinstall ReSharper to use the toolbox was a slight annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ReSharper is the first tool I install on a new machine after installing Visual Studio. I don't let my employer buy it for me - I have my own licence I use personally and professionally. It is simply that important to me to have this tool installed. I mostly learned LINQ and fluent from watching ReSharper refactor my loops into LINQ queries to see how that could clean my code.

I use ReSarper for ensuring the quality of my code day in and day out. This includes both writing new features and maintaining code. My code gets completed more quickly and is of a higher quality because I run this product.

ReSharper review by Lahiru R.
Lahiru R.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

How it suggests to refactor my code and help me to identify naming conventions. And also I can decompile dll and It helps me to learn write good code. Auto completing also in better shape

What do you dislike?

When we selecting color it doesn't provide a way to use eye dropper. Seems whole package made VS little bit slower. I'm not like the way 'prop' is working. It is much easier on VS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lovely tool to improve your code and gives the way to decompile classes.

I'm a software engineer and for almost all software I'm building with VS, I'm using this software.

ReSharper review by Lee C.
Lee C.

"ReSharper is a requirement for anyone programming in .Net as far as I'm concerned"

What do you like best?

Code analysis and hints on optimising and improving code in both readability and optimisation.

It also makes writing the code a lot faster by using templates and impressive autocomplete & intellisense features.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes make Visual Studio go very slow, especially on very large projects or projects that use a lot of old tech like WebForms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exclude vendor folders and large portions that you're not working on in the code analysis options to improve the speed of visual studio.

Faster development times and better code quality.

ReSharper review by Viacheslav S.
Viacheslav S.

"Best refactoring plugin for Visual Studio"

What do you like best?

ReSharper has lot of benefits:

1. Good price

2. Plenty of refactoring features, that include both code and project/solution scope

3. Easy update

4. Support of all current Visual Studio versions and editions

5. Support of latest C# language features

6. Support most popular various testing platforms without need to install additional software: NUnit, xUnit

What do you dislike?

Code scheme. Actually there're 2 of them and all randomly change default Visual Studio behavior. Installing ReSharper is like learning new IDE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ReSharper has nice PDF document with most popular/important refactorings. I'd recommend to download it from official site and keep in front of eyes at least for first few week of usage.

Constant day to day development, testing, bugs fixing and deployment while keeping code clean, up to date and testable.

ReSharper review by Mohit S.
Mohit S.

"Great time-saving plugin for VS"

What do you like best?

Enhances the already great intellisense for Visual Studio. Suggests better syntax for loop, linc etc. Great UI for executing Nunit test case in one shot.

What do you dislike?

The price should be lower. No inbuilt support for ReactJS. No integration into SQL server management studio for SQL syntax (may be something to consider, for the price they charge).

We use it on the daily basis with Visual Studio for code standards/guidelines and writing/executing Nunit tests.

ReSharper review by User in Information Technology and Services

"An amazing tool I couldn't do without"

What do you like best?

Resharper has an incredible set of shortcuts and tools you can use. My favorite shortcuts are the ability to look back in copy-paste history, navigating between files, and quickly finding methods within controllers. I know there are so many more features that I am not even using and even still it is worth its weight in gold!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Resharper can slow Visual Studio down a lot. Otherwise, I've found very few things to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will never look back. If you struggle with keeping your code neat and being efficient in your work as a developer, this tool is definitely for you. Any developer can find use with this software.

Resharper helps me code more cleanly and efficiently. If you are on a team of developers, having everyone use Resharper helps keep things consistent. I don't even want to know the time that I would spend doing everything manually that Resharper assists me with.

ReSharper review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Resharper just keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

I love that with ReSharper I can ensure that our team is utilizing the same coding standards across the entire team. I like the instant analysis the tool provides. It provides many fixes and suggestions to improve our code and even let's us know when there is a newer way to do something. I really appreciate the quick cleanup of the namespaces. Even though I know the newer studio versions are including some of these features, ReSharper still wins hands down. ReSharper also includes a great test runner component. I feel lost without it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes ReSharper can get confused, and it'll lose it's place. There are also times where it may not respond to intellisense. The coding standards for naming can be a bit of a pain to configure upfront, I've found it best to just wait till ReSharper shows a suggestion then make the naming changes to match your style. You know you've configured it correctly when the suggestion goes away.

ReSharper helps our teams immensely in time savings with Code Reviews and refactoring. As I stated above, it really helps to keep our team on the same page with our coding standards and style.

ReSharper review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Makes Visual Studio Useable ;)"

What do you like best?

Having cut my teeth on Jetbrains products moving into a Microsoft (i.e. Visual Studio) development environment was 100% more natural using ReSharper. More specifically I was able to quickly and easily tune my productivity tools (shortcuts and macros) to match what I was used to.

Then, getting deeper into C# / .Net development ReSharper has enabled me to maintain and enforce strict code quality rules across the code bases that I maintain and oversee.

What do you dislike?

Visual Studio ;) Seriously, aside from VS itself there are no complaints that I have about my experience with ReSharper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend anyone with experience with JetBrains products utilize it, and more generally anyone looking to increase their level of control over code style and quality do the same.

ReSharper has greatly increased my ability to encourage consistent code quality and coding style across my team, and increase my own development productivity within Visual Studio.

ReSharper review by Josh M.
Josh M.

"A must if you are using Visual Studio and C#"

What do you like best?

It feels like utter magic. Everything you do is much simpler and quicker. I love the key bindings, and shortcuts, not to mention the refactoring and class creating. Some of my other favorite features are the auto complete with is very smart and save me a lot of time because I'm not the most accurate typist, so the auto complete feature made me feel like a code ninja by coding so fast. The code hints actually taught me so much about the inter-workings a c# that I never would have learn about otherwise, it will not only make suggestions to enhance performance but also simplicity and readability. That is by far the coolest feature of ReSharper there is.

What do you dislike?

It's addicting! I will never write in C# without it. But it reality the only issue I had with it at times was that it could be difficult creating templates because there were a couple of different places to create them and it seems like I always had to try a couple different times to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you write anything using visual studio and c# you absolutely need this add-on. There are so many benefits it's incredible.

At the time me and the team I was on were creating a revolutionary product for the pay sector of the heath care industry. Our software significantly improved the patient experience both in the office and at home reliving the visit thanks to us. We were able to quickly release our product with the help of ReSharper.

ReSharper review by Shannon D.
Shannon D.

"The best code development tool for Visual Studio barnone!"

What do you like best?

Resharper has been invaluable over the years in providing insight into my code, easy refactoring, shortcuts and features to make coding easier and ways to optimize my development and code. I started back in 2010 using it and it was a bit clunky, but its improved dramatically in performance and features.Recently I tried to use what was in Visual Studio 2015 alone and I quickly went back to using Resharper. Visual Studio may have some of the features of Resharper but you find out quickly that Resharper does it better and has WAY more features than stock Visual Studio. I wont develop without it now!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to figure out the keyboard shortcuts and they sometimes have collided with known Visual Studio keystrokes. You can configure all this but its a ramp up time. Also I don't know all that it can do and the documentation does not help enough. There are videos on Pluralsight.com about Resharper but its not enough. I feel like I could do even more but don't know it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try all the other code enhancers out there. Including the tools from DevExpress and then try Resharper for free with a trial. I would also try and spend time learning the product to get the most out of it. Out of the box its amazing, but you can get even more with a bit of time spent researching it.

Optimization of my code and having insights on ways to make it better. Also looking to shave time off of my development with cool tools that make my life easier.

ReSharper review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"ReSharper has changed the way I write code."

What do you like best?

ReSharper is SO easy to use and I can't find a case when a person should not use it. Refactoring with ReSharper is quick and easy. ReSharper suggests alternate code paths, which can help simplify your code. ReSharper has unobtrusive methods to let you know that there may be a better way to do something, or the way that you wrote a piece of code may not be along the lines of the code standard that had been set.

What do you dislike?

ReSharper has to scan the code before fully loading - I recognize this has to happen at some time, but it tends to bog down the load of visual studios initially.

Code quality has gone up since using ReSharper. ReSharper was implemented and suggested to be used by all of our developers, but it is obvious when a project is opened where ReSharper was not used. There are a few warnings and suggestions that are easy to follow, but obviously ignored.

ReSharper review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Developers best friend"

What do you like best?

The keyboard shortcuts make ReSharper using Visual Studio a whole lot better, ability to refactor and review code issues.

What do you dislike?

Performance. There will be performance slowdowns, unexpected behavior with Visual Studio running ReSharper. If you experience slowdowns then disabling ReSharper seems to fix the problems.

Please be aware of any extra features you may need to buy with an Ultimate license. They did move from a buy it once per version model to a subscription based model which as increased the costs significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The industry appears to be moving towards lighter IDEs such as Visual Studio code without all the bells and whistles. Many people will use ReSharper and only use 10% of the functionality. Please read up and all of the functionality and costs associated with it.

Accelerated development and enhanced IDE toolset. It helps lower skilled teams bring up their quality through a easy to use toolset.

ReSharper review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Absolutely Essential"

What do you like best?

It's one of those products that works so seamlessly into my day to day, that I don't even notice that I'm using it. When I run a copy of Visual Studio and it doesn't have ReSharper installed, I immediately feel crippled; like I'm coding in the stone age. New shortcuts, ways to improve code-- many of which I have never seen before. Tons of configuration options.

What do you dislike?

I'm digging deep for this one: sometimes when I take a resharper suggestion to fix some code, it might have been a gray area. Resharper will then suggest that I change it back to the other way. Sometimes its suggestions can never be satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Having some new developers in our company, Resharper is a great coach for them along the way. It spots inefficient code, unused methods, repetitive uses, encourages refactoring. A great help in developing standards.

ReSharper review by Denny C.
Denny C.

"If an IDE add-on can change your life, ReSharper can."

What do you like best?

ReSharper is by far my favorite add-on for Visual Studio. In fact, I think it foolish to ever code without it. Enhanced IntelliSense, code completion, and sophisticated code clean up tools that even highlight potential code issues while you code make ReSharper a must have in the toolbox of any serious C# or JavaScript developer utilizing any given version of Visual Studio.

What do you dislike?

ReSharper has a lot of features, and those features require quite a bit of overhead. The only time I wouldn't recommend installing ReSharper is on a low-end development environment. As far as the functionality is concerned, I would really like to see the support for JavaScript IntelliSense improved, especially for AMD modules (such as RequireJS.)

Having my team all using ReSharper not only helps us all produce code quickly, but helps to ensure that the code we write is of the highest quality and follows our standards for things like naming conventions.

ReSharper review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Learn how to write better code"

What do you like best?

Resharper allows you to see how to write better code as you develop.

What do you dislike?

Resharper can sometimes slow down visual studio in really large solutions due to the fact that its continually examining your code.

It is a convenient tool for shortcuts and code refactoring

ReSharper review by William Q.
William Q.

"An easy way to make Visual Studio an even more useful program"

What do you like best?

I find the unit testing and refactoring features of ReSharper to be the best aspects of the program. There is also a feature where I can press F12 and jump to the definition of that part of code to be very useful for going through programs and finding out that things do.

What do you dislike?

It's not super expensive, but it isn't free. For what it does, and since I use Visual Studio constantly I think the cost is worth it, but if you don't use Visual Studio a whole lot it might not be worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial of the program that you can use before you buy it. It also can run on multiple versions of Visual Studio at once which is nice if you use multiple versions.

This program fills in many of the feature gaps in Visual Studio and makes the process of developing software in Visual Studio much faster and easier.

ReSharper review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Excellent productivity tool"

What do you like best?

1- Resharper provides real time feedback according to C# and object oriented programming best practices. It provides you with multiple solutions, which makes a great learning tool as well.

2- Its refactoring operations are huge time saver on development time specially if you are practicing Test Driven Development.

3- Resharper Ultimate comes with pack of other useful tools such as DotCover ( code coverage measurement tool) which is very handy for building quality software.

What do you dislike?

1- Occasional performance hit in Visual Studio

2- Pricing, too expensive

1- Software quality

2- Development productivity

ReSharper review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Review for Resharper 9"

What do you like best?

- Integrating with unit testing through menu items.

- Code intellisense and code navigation.

- Code completion especially with XAML code.

What do you dislike?

- The latest Resharper versions for Visual studio became very slow and consumes a lot of memory and processor time that lead me sometimes to turn Resharper off to speed up my work especially when I work on a large project solution..

Recommendations to others considering the product

_ Watch out Resharper when you use it with Visual Studio 2013 or 2015, as your building time and code navigation become very slow.

- Writing Web and Desktop application using Visual studio, using Resharper I used to have a lot of benefits in terms of speeding up my coding through the intellisence, code completion and code navigation.

ReSharper review by Christine P.
Christine P.

"I love it so much"

What do you like best?

Refactoring, live solution wide analysis, configurability

What do you dislike?

It sometimes slows computers down, and some features are implemented in VS 2017

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it, it's great

I use it to try to write better code, and I have realized the benefit

ReSharper review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"R# "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to run NUnit tests just by right clicking on my mouse and also being able to navigate straight to the implementation of an interface, rather than the interface itself.

What do you dislike?

Performance! No matter how hard they try to solve performance issues, Re-sharper will slow down Visual Studio. If your file is a few thousand line of code it will choke it. Typing is also slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product if you can deal with performance!

Using it on my local machine to code cleaner and better. It helps me a lot with NUnit testing and debugging certain files that are part of my project.

ReSharper review by Razvan B.
Razvan B.

"A good pair programming companion "

What do you like best?

It is constantly improving as coding helper and performance.

What do you dislike?

Could slow your computer if you have an old 2006-sh configuration

Ancient project. Helps you boost your courage to start refactoring when you hit old code. Guards you from using old coding style even if you upgraded to a newer version of the same language.

ReSharper review by João M.
João M.

"I just can't live without it"

What do you like best?

I love the "Goto Implementation" shortcuts. It's awesome when working with interfaces.

The Peek Definition is also very useful, same goes for the Unit Tests console and the Alt-Enter common shortcut for applying the refactoring suggestions.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the performance penalty. Visual Studio gets really slow, specially on bigger solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The performance penalty on visual studio pays off in terms of writing code faster and better code.

This toll helped me and my team to write better and faster code.

ReSharper review by Elvio L.
Elvio L.

"Works, but it is not necessary at all"

What do you like best?

you can see lot of things that helps you on the day by day work.

What do you dislike?

you need to pay for it, and lot of people don't use it because it is so expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good app, but now the VS have los of intellisense ;)

apply best practices

ReSharper review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Musthave tool for C# developers"

What do you like best?

quick jumping to file/class/method is a lifesaver, various code optimizations. It adds some features, that should be core part of the visual studio! I cannot work without it, it spoiled me!

What do you dislike?

It can add a bit of slowliness, it can take some time to configure everything for your likes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have tool!

In previous job I was developing pure C# libs, without any 3rd party libs. Now I'm developing various web api's, webpages and so on. In both cases resharper does wanders.

ReSharper review by Hélder P.
Hélder P.

"Developer"

What do you like best?

One of the best refactoring tools for using .NET technologies.

What do you dislike?

I found nothing in the software that do not think that is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good tool think all .NET programmers should use.

Used to aid in the refactoring of web services and a website for a client.It has greatly increased productivity and helped to greatly improve the existing code.

ReSharper review by Rita D.
Rita D.

"Love Love Love Resharper"

What do you like best?

I cannot imagine coding without Resharper.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive and can be a hard sell to management who don't like spending on software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to generate better quality of code and run a code analysis and help with code reviews

We use Resharper integrated with Visual Studio. It helps us write better code, intellisense lets us auto write classes and the get set constructors. Squiggly lines suggest better variable and method names. Code analysis and formatting makes our life easier as a coder. I cannot even imagine coding without it anymore

ReSharper review by Christophere J.
Christophere J.

"Nice extension for c# development"

What do you like best?

The code refactoring helpers is great! And the added debugging tools are great too.

What do you dislike?

I wish the base product includes tools like dotpeek and dottrace.

Helping make our development process an easier, and refactoring our codebase's a simpler task.

ReSharper review by User

"Get ReSharper Now!"

What do you like best?

The Debugging tools ReShaper adds are the best feature.

What do you dislike?

When doing a scan on my solution the load times can get a little excessive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using ReShaper on smaller solutions this tool cannot be beaten.

Debugging

ReSharper review by Vahan M.
Vahan M.

"Best extension for Visual Studio"

What do you like best?

Best extension for refactoring and autocompleting codes

What do you dislike?

sometimes it sometimes it decrease performance of visual studio

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best extension for Visual Studio for increase performance and quality of development

Do best quality on developing under .NET

ReSharper review by Stewart H.
Stewart H.

"Incredible productivity increase"

What do you like best?

Available refactorings and built in unit test runner

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing that I dislike about the product itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it; you will love it. I haven't hit much outside of the occasional performance hit during indexing that I dislike.

Solving:

* Cleaning up legacy code

* Increasing test coverage

* Increasing readability

Benefits

* Unit test runner

* Automated cleanup

* Automated refactorings

* Live code templates

ReSharper review by User in Information Technology and Services

"JetBrains ReSharper significantly improves MS VS .Net development productivity with refactorin, etc"

What do you like best?

Reach set of refactoring features. Seamless integration with Visual Studio.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is costly. Minor conflicts with MS VS keyboard shortcut keys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best productivity tool for Visual Studio .Net development.

Microsoft .Net Development, C#

ReSharper review by User in Computer Software

"Best add on to visual studio"

What do you like best?

The suggestions, Options for testing, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have just started using and so haven't found any until now.

Using it with visual studio for code development in c#

Learning about ReSharper?

* We monitor all ReSharper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.